Designers » C » Floral « Groups

Chic Carolina Herrera for women

Chic Carolina Herrera for women
dislike

tuberose
Chic Carolina Herrera for women Pictures Chic Carolina Herrera for women Pictures Chic Carolina Herrera for women Pictures Chic Carolina Herrera for women Pictures

Chic is light, but elegant, coloured in red, of course, because this colour is very feminine; it is not virgin-like, but passionate. The real chic lies in constrasts: when the simple becomes complicated, because it encourages thinking and has a magical, influential power. For this purpose the simple and magical red colour was chosen, the shape of the bottle is simple, and the fragrance itself is a perfect balance between freshness and graceful sensuality. The top notes include Bulgarian rose and red freesia, the middle ones mandarin blossom and orange; the base voluptuous vanilla and white musk. Chic was created by Alberto Morillas and Jacques Cavallier.

Tuberose Bulgarian Rose Red Freesia

Orange Blossom Freesia Lily-of-the-Valley Mandarin Blossom

Sandalwood Vanilla White Musk

Arbo Female
Nuit Andalouse

Chic Fragrance Reviews

llburris
llburris

Oh my.....this fragrence is HORRIBLE on my skin. I gagged when I first sprayed it and it's just continually gotten worse as it has dried. I obviously bought this blind. After reviewing all the reviews, I gave it a few more minutes to dry down....to get better.....But it did not. I am thinking it is the freesia that I am not liking. I definitely have a 1.7oz bottle to swap if interested.

3rd bottle - one of my favourite summerscents. Makes me happy and a feeling of totally sunshine around me. Longlasting on my skin. Very fresh flowernotes with some Musk, Vanilla and Sandalwood in base. A keeper.

3:e flaskan - en av mina favorit-sommardofter. Får mig att känna mig glad och ger en total känsla av solsken runt mig. Mycket hållbar på min hud. Otroligt fräscha blomnoter tillsammans med Musk, Vanilj och Sandelträ i basen. En självklar flaska för dofthyllan.

tijgetje
tijgetje

alway's got compliments when I wore this. Thinking of buying it again :-0 ...

krlamev
krlamev

I like it! Bought it for my sister and today I wore it.. it's very nice!
It's white floral and in the dry down you can smell a little rose sneaking up the white flowes...
Don't know why I feel a subtle fruity something =)

parrothead58
parrothead58

I see from many reviews this was reformulated but only the box is different. I want to purchase the 2002 version can anyone tell me what the new box looks like so I don't purchase that one. Thanks for your help!

julado
julado

is there any difference between the red edition and purple edition..I got both in a set..can't tell :)

Amparo Noir
Amparo Noir

this edp really is a potent floral juice, it's super strong, it's long lasting and above all, the fragrance gets more and more intense with greater silage after many hours.

it starts with a strong citrus-floral note, not just that, there is also spice and sharp green note, making it quite offensive in the beginning. yet, minutes after,
the fragrance develops to a dewy, fresh-floral scent.

a single spray either on your skin or dress will do just enough to make you lightly fragrant all day long.

anapardo81
anapardo81

I Loved the original CHIC back in 2005/6 when I first tried it. I really loved it. It was such a beautiful smell. I ordered it online and it smelled like bug repellent. Nothing like the softness I remembered. I ordered it again a while later thinking I probably got a bad bottle & that one was like the original. Yet, since every time I smell it at perfume shop or store, it's that same awful chemical scent. I keep on seeing it on sale everywhere but it's no longer that beautiful soft scent.
I can't believe they would drastically alter the scent of a perfume that much & not change the look or name.

den1011
den1011

It really surprises me to find such bad reviews on this perfume. I love it! And it doesn't feel "chemical" on me or my mum. It's really girly and fun! Really sexy, yet romantic. A sweet- floral scent, I think, mostly floral. It lasts really long on me (which i've found to be quite difficult). I put it on at night and the next day, I wake up feeling it on my hair and clothes.

fb.candice
fb.candice

I really hate this when I spray it on me. It's a little overpowering. I was imagining that people would be moving away from me. Once I was fixing my clothes and I happen to smell this on my shirt and I was like thinking... what scent was I wearing because it smells so wonderful! I guess this scent doesn't agree with my nose at first because it's so strong and once the dry down comes, I don't pick up the scent anymore. But it doesn't mean that others don't. This is not for a date night but great for independent and confident gals.

carolien1978
carolien1978

I could not remember the name Chic ;-) although I got some compliments wearing this parfume. I found a place online to buy it (it's not in stores here anymore) It's been at least 10 years ago since I wore this one. But I will buy it again soon! I can remember it's flowery but very very CHIC :-0

On my skin Chic Eau de Parfum starts a bit sharp and clean with a punch of pepper (not listed). To me Chic is very fresh and elegant. I don't like sugarsweet parfumes so this one is perfect for me. The flowernotes are wellmixed and I like it alot. The base gives soft female sandalwood and lovely musk. Nice every-day-scent.

På mig är Chic Eau de Parfum fräsch och lite skarp i starten med en rejäl dos peppar (inte med i doftpyramiden). Fräsch och elegant. Jag gillar inte sockersöta dofter så denna är nästan perfekt för mig. Blomnoterna är välbalanserade och jag gillar den mycket. Basen ger mjuk kvinnlig sandelträ och en ljuvlig dos musk. Härlig varje-dag-doft.

Migalex
Migalex

Here is a scent of a type I really like. To me it is the sweet scent of mango, which I love, and it keeps that way without much change through the drydown. It is vey similar, from my viewpoint, to F for fascinating, davidoff's Echo and valentina, but I find Chic even creamier than those three ones, a bit sweeter and also more gourmand, a feature I usually do not like, but in this case I think makes it absolutely delicious. Unfortunately this type of scent seems not to have very good projection and none of these perfumes is powerful .It is my favorite Carolina Herrera scent. I actually do not care for the others at all, although I do appreciate the huge silage and staying power of the first one.

CarolinaC
CarolinaC

I have been wearing this perfume for years and it never let's me down.
It's very fresh and has an understated elegance to it, it really is chic.
For a simple and sophisticated woman, that makes her presence felt in an non imposing way, Chic is really the perfect sent for a pleasant life. I recommend it highly!

Baby Dior
Baby Dior

Esto tiene un olor super extraño en mi opinion cosa que digo en el buen sentido de la palabra me recuerda a mi epoca de adolecente usaba esto a diario para ir a la escuela fue mi primer perfume de diseñador por eso le tengo un cariño muy especial pero creo que no era apropiado ni para mi edad ni para ir a clases ;)

This has a strange smell in my opinion super thing I say in the best sense of the word reminds me of my teenager used this time of day to go to school was my first perfume designer so I have a very special affection but I think it was appropriate for my age or even to go to school ;)

mak.erot
mak.erot

Yes Mrs.Carolina Hererra, you're allright, your 'Chic' is really chic. Fresh flowery and simple clean. Best choice for career women. Perfect for cold and sunny day, morning and evening. I like it. The bottle is simple but chic.. Yes, the name is chic, the fragrance is chic and the bottle is chic too..., so ladies..try it now!

beatrix75
beatrix75

i juse today and definetly i am happy to i have this citrusy fresh crispy smell its so confort its sooo safe all day fragrance best for sommar !!i like a lot really feminin soft elegant smell really all day or party frag where ever you can juse!!best av CH

EauSensuelle
EauSensuelle

I usually like sheer white florals or citrus fresh elegant florals, but Chic by Carolina Herrera is totally the opposite.

The opening opens up with a fresh juicy lemon with a little bit of powdery detergent and some other rather gloomy flowers. It is hard for me to notice any other olfactory notes in this fragrance.

After the lemon fades away, the white florals come up and I feel like I'm being washed with huge amounts of lemon-smelling detergent. Unfortunately this detergent lemon speeds everything up and brings the amber into play that ruins the whole fragrance.

As for the lasting power, at the first few hours it is very strong but fades away really quick and I am left with a musky detergent with the leftovers of the rotten, trashy lemon.

The lasting power coupled with the detergent amber-musk and the horrible lemon has unfortunately marred Chic by Carolina Herrera for me.

A Chic woman in my opinion works around wearing a good Chanel quilted bag, makeup from Dior and high heels from Gucci. It definitely is not a woman bathing with lemon detergent instead of soap like Chic by Carolina Herrera.

derkargy
derkargy

I bought it again but,contrary to my expectations,this had nothing to do with the first CHIC frag I'd bought it in 2002.It must have been reformulated so it smelled like chemical.unlike the beautiful freesia essence from the first edition.What a pity!

perfumeholic88
perfumeholic88

CHIC had my husband´s sister ( teen) and I don´t like it. It smell cheap and is really nothing special. Maybe for teen girl for school or something.

lubaina
lubaina

I love this scent.But unfortunately i bought marc jacobs daisy instead of this and now i regret it.I tested chic,daisy and givenchy very irresistable at the same time.Though daisy won the 1st impression but after few mins it gave me headche.but chic was getting better with time.I just loved it.I couldnt change my daisy either coz i opened the bottle.Im an impulse shopper and i regret a lot but i regret it most.

LouFrangrance
LouFrangrance

Its a veryy nice perfume but its hard to find it , why ? This scent must continue cz its very feminine!

janhvi.fairy
janhvi.fairy

I like this scent..it is fresh and citrusy...more suited for day wear. I bought it on impulse and it was not a bad choice at all. Am pretty happy. The bottle is very nice. I would recommend this scent.

girasolina
girasolina

L'ho molto amato e lo definirei frizzante, non come i soliti agrumati grazie ai sentori floreali ben bilanciati da creare un giusto grado di acidità.
In italia è fuori produzione.
Prezzo conveniente per un sillage di una giornata intera. Ne ho nostalgia, ogni tanto sniffo la mia bottiglina quasi finita.

As far as I know it's not discontinued. It's still in the stores here.

A friend gave me her bottle because she didn't want it anymore. It had something like a nice orange note. But then again it had nothing special. It's a nice daytime or office scent, because it's not strong. On my skin it was too drugstore like. I passed it on too.

divine diva
divine diva

I love this! So fresh and floral and not much citrus on my skin. Is this really a discontinued product?

Siv55
Siv55

One of those that's not like anything else. I look at the ingredients of these things and get very confused sometimes. I can't smell any of its alledged individual parts, to me it smells like going on holiday. It's a kind of hot smell, the beach is there somehow, the hotel room, clothes after you've worn them to the beach, sea and suncream and sand and a sweaty but not unpleasant hug. I'm not doing this justice. It's unique and sticks in your brain but in a slightly uneasy way like a dream. Wonderful stuff. LT calls this a tawdrey fruity floral. Really can't see that at all I'm afraid. Has he fallen out personally with Carolina Herrera? That's the only way I can account for it.

Miss Dior Cherie
Miss Dior Cherie

es un aroma muy unico y particular

rmnelega
rmnelega

Definitely, a scent for spring. I usually don't like these kind of ingredients but, this time, something caught me off-guard. It must be the red freesia...Anyway, I will wear it the whole spring because I can feel the sun on my skin even if it's a cloudy day. Should I mention that my 7-year old son loves it? Another good reason to have it, ladies!

Abbey
Abbey

I used to love and wear this fragrance for quite a while but unfortunately it no longer smells the same. Something must have changed in the formula. I even compared the older bottle with the new one and it smells completely different, like a totally different perfume! It used to be fresh and sexy at the same time, now it just smells cheap and overly floral. There's no trace of white musk or any of the middle or base notes. Its lasting power is too weak and disappears in about an hour.
Why did they keep the same name and bottle design when the fragrance has changed? (only the box is different)

viveka
viveka

Wrrr... what can i say?
I hate this frag. Really hate. I know it has some pretty tones of rose (althrough `bulgarian` is not my fave kind of that flower) but for god's sake - why it's so `spray_for_bug` product?
I can't stand this cold, unpleasent smell. I feel totally not in my body when i was wearing it.
Saying the truth, besides CH Herrera makes all questionable scents...

I love my white florals, but only when they've been composed well, which is quite rare unfortunately.

I really wanted Chic to be amazing. I wanted a creamy, modern white floral with a feminine touch. Unfortunately Chic didn't meet my expectations.

Although not listed here, there is a very strong lemon note throughout the composition that tends to smoother the jasmine, tuberose, freesia and vanilla.

The opening is very sharp, acidic and almost plasticy. When it dries down it is nothing spectacular. A simple, rather generic white floral in my opinion, with a strange, lemon detergent finish.

Some may love this scent, however I have experienced better white florals which have marred Chic by Carolina Herrera for me. Unfortunately I find this fragrance cheap and predictable.

The lasting power is so-so. In terms of sillage, it is very strong for the first few hours, however shortly after the scent is barely detectable. Chic just didn't live up to my special expectations.

vetiver
vetiver

I always find tuberose fragrances too sweet for my taste, but this one is a fresh and sexy one, as its name says.refined, CHIC..

guest_chihgril
guest_chihgril

me encata esta fragancia el fresca y duradera, huele delicioso, yo la recomiento altamente

Ninulia
Ninulia

After reading the reviews I decided to purchase it but unfortunately it turned out that CH stopped releasing it :(

guest_firea
guest_firea

It's fresh and citrusy when it starts then it gets more floral and warmer and warmer with tones of beautiful roses! Finally, it calms down into a slightly sweet, slightly green and creamy-rosy scent. Can be girlish, yes, but can also be very seductive when you want to have a soft and light perfume on. Nothing REALLY special, but absolutely feminine. I would say its idea is a bit similar to Miracle So Magic's, but this one is more elegant and just a little deeper, more mature. If you say it's also similar to Arden's Ardenbeauty, you're right, but Ardenbeauty is sharper, greener and more edgy. Anyway, Chic is a beautiful perfume for summer, or for everyday, and can be worn at any age!

kristina_vili
kristina_vili

I love to wear this when spring just starts,its very fresh scent,I like it.

rebella
rebella

Citrus fresh opening... and then... nothing, nothing and even more nothing. I can hardly smell anything!

But after about two hours it surprice me with a pretty, creamy and lovely basenote that seem to come from nowhere.

Maybe nice with the right chemistry, but unfortunatly not for me. Pretty on my daughter tough, and also smellable.

sky76sky
sky76sky

From a design perspective the bottle, name & colour choice really do not fit the scent that is lingering on my wrist.

Red should be a voluptous, punchy, hot, dangerously sexy woman. The bottle is minimalisitic to the point of actually being boring, too safe. Chic - fashionable & elegant? Well....

It is an intimate, light, girly-floral scent. I really smell rose & freesia, orange blossom, with a some-what synthetic sweet, vanilla undertone. It has a slight citrussy quality & is pleasantly fresh - the smell you get as a young woman steps out of shower, pale pink & curvy.

As it develops, it just gets sweeter on me, with very little depth coming through, which is a great disappointment, as I love how fragrances play on the skin.

If you love safe, flirty, girly-nonsense, sunshine-sweet florals, you'll eat this up. But, IMO, it really lacks substance & seems cheaper than its pricetag.

150mgoflove
150mgoflove

I really like this fragrance. I first smelled it in 2002, when it first came out on a friend and I was allured by the zingy, vibrant perfume she was wearing. Years later, I still thought about it and purchased it. Yes, this perfume is young, lively, and effervescent in quality. It is sweet and fresh, perfect for spring.

guest_Juey
guest_Juey

Firstly I didn't like it much but after weared it for 2 weeks I think it so nice scent. Feel fresh from orange blossom & freesia, sweet from rose & vanila.

Enchant
Enchant

Opens up with an alcohol cloud blast, and then the freesia scent jumps out at you. I didn't like the alcohol start one bit. It is growing on me the more I wear it though. It has a warm, clean, and kind of girlish scent to it. If you're a freesia fan then I'm guessing you might like it, but I would sample it first to be on the safe side. :)

Editing to say the alcohol smell never completely went away. It stayed in the background, and I felt like I could even taste it every now and then.. eww! I kept it on for 2 hours and then had to wash it off.

mischaziz
mischaziz

i used to have it before, and i really love the smell. however, it triggered my friend's boyfriend to fall in love with me because of this smell...hehehe...but i rejected him politely! way to go Chic! i love the smell.

mamamia
mamamia

its adorable.citrusy but not sharp. i don't like citrusy fragrances though i love it so much.most of fresh called perfumes are too sharp for my taste but this one has soft freshness.

guest_Martina
guest_Martina

i smell too much citrus,i dont like it on my skin

Chic by Carolina Herrera 3.53 out of 5 based on 317 ratings and 45 user reviews

Carolina Herrera Chic Eau de Toilette Spray, 3.4 fl oz
Carolina Herrera Chic Eau de Toilette Spray, 3.4 fl oz
Carolina Herrera Chic Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.4oz
Carolina Herrera Chic Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.4oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Carolina Herrera Chic fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Carolina Herrera Chic, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Chic by Carolina Herrera. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Chic by Carolina Herrera represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.