Designers » C » Aromatic Aquatic « Groups

Herrera Aqua Carolina Herrera for men
dislike

Herrera Aqua Carolina Herrera for men Videos
Herrera Aqua Carolina Herrera for men Pictures

Herrera Aqua by Carolina Herrera is a Aromatic Aquatic fragrance for men. Herrera Aqua was launched in 2004. Herrera Aqua was created by Carlos Benaim and Jean-Marc Chaillan. Top notes are bamboo leaf, mandarin orange, fig leaf and bergamot; middle notes are rosemary, white pepper, lavender and neroli; base notes are tonka bean, amber, musk and vetiver.

Bamboo Leaf Mandarin Orange Fig Leaf Bergamot

Rosemary White Pepper Lavender Neroli

Tonka Bean Amber Musk Vetiver

Yadis Blanc

Herrera Aqua Fragrance Reviews

Blowhard69
Blowhard69

Creamy, clean bamboo forest with a synthetically crafted green accord of foliage mixed with fig leafs over a backdrop of musk. Very simple fragrance that is rather different from the usual aromatic aquatic in its reliance more on the earthier tones of the palette. Instead of the standard generic fare of oceanic accords mixed with lavender, rosemary and other soft herbals you get a heavy dose of tonka bean, some amber and a very clean, very refreshing bamboo note that dominates the first half hour of wear.
The Herrera house is always reliable for releasing quality scents and Aqua is no different, emitting more of a mature, refined and conservative personality to a mostly 30 and under genre and giving that genre a bit more of a professional office and daily wear aromatic aquatic that is hard to dislike and even harder to get tired of wearing. A very suitable fragrance for spring and summer days. There isn't a lot of development here, but projection is moderate the first 4 hours before dropping to soft and longevity is consistently between 6-9 hours on my skin. A decent purchase, not a masterpiece or a game changer as far as trends go, but a competent and rather enjoyable 35 and over aquatic for professional men.

neilvizuett
neilvizuett

I love it! Subtle and fresh, I love that it also smells like vanilla and bubblegum, but is fresh and calm! Perfect!!

VintageViolet_
VintageViolet_

One of my Dad's (age 63) all time fave fragrances, can anyone help me find it? It's his birthday in Febuary and i'd love to surprise him with a bottle!

I got my love of fragrance from my dad :) This smells amazing on him!

dieseldirty
dieseldirty

my favorite fragance is all in one, sillage, longevity, projection, everything, love it, but i think is discontinued.......

Idlehands
Idlehands

I LOVED this one! But I have not been able to find a fresh bottle ever since my first bottle ran out. I think it may be discontinued? is that correct? I had FINALLY found a bottle a couple years ago at a supermarket but had to return it because it was old stock and smelled terrible. I really wish I could find this one again!

HORRIDFRAG
HORRIDFRAG

I do believe that this fragrance is named Aqua because of the 'idea' behind of its creation than the selected scents or fragrant notes. The scent projects the image of a man, having the element of water, so serene, calm on the surface yet so many things to be discovered undeneath. It leads to discovery, understanding and such. Well, speaking of the scent, it is so tame, maybe just way too subtle as compared to many CH frags. both lasting power and silage are good, but there's not really much 'personality' as this is just another fragrance for any man.

mkpiyengar

Like this better than the other aquatic scents like Aqua di gio and azzaro chrome legend. Particularly, cause after the initial dry down the base notes are close to the skin and not very overwhelming or sweet. With other aquatic's the dry down was too sweet whereas in this case it has some spicy notes at the end.

Highly blended. It comes across as a fruity/herbal, light amber fragrance. I think I smell a hint of fig and rosemary, but otherwise it's more of a smell than a fragrance. It's reasonably natural smelling and there's no harshness to it; a solid "office" fragrance for when it's not too hot or too cold. There is some element (s) that's not quite right to me, whether that is a new musk molecule, iso e super, and/or calone, but it's so mild I can't say it bothers me. Pleasant, but I could certainly understand the opinion that it is nondescript.

Linden
Linden

Many aquatic scents seem to embody salty sea water/breezes, while CH Aqua is different, less literal; still fresh but subtly sweet and smooth. The mild fig and tonka add to the overall "summery" feel I get, almost like flavoured sparkling water (perhaps the inspiration here...) and like most CH frags Aqua has a nice, simple elegance about it.

stanky
stanky

This is a very nice scent. My brother says he smelled a bit of the bvlgari aqva in it.LOL To me, it is sugary sweet and kinda smells like 212 Men. Overall it's a very nice scent for day to day wearing to the office. The Longevity is very good 8hrs+ and it stays close to my skin after 8hrs.

rishabhmail125
rishabhmail125

nice longevity, nice scent..everything is satisfactory...just wanted to ask...where the hell is aqua..??

editionblanche
editionblanche

very long lasting, but its sweetness impedes the freshness from blossoming. i love the aftershave though.

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

Quite Strong on the tonka front, very balmy in the background, also quite aquatic and sharp with the bergamot and mandarin acids. Fig not noticeable unless searched for. I'm not a critic but I can always tell what I wish for in a fragrance as opposes to what actually happened ; I'd wish for more prominence from the fig and the more fruity quality from te actual flesh of the mandarin for less citrus effect. Freshness isn't always reliant upon citrus, though is saying that, CH Aqua isn't a typical aquatic due to the dominant Tonka/Amber base, which I think prevents the scent from being too sharp and generic.
As mentioned earlier, it's main goal is to smell good when wearin it and it's done quite well, not a masterpiece but a good value casual smell for spring

mkpiyengar

Nice aquatic fragrance. Opening notes are sharp and spicy, but then settles down nicely to give a lasting fresh experience. If you prefer aquatic scents then you would like this one.
Thanks.

tuturudka
tuturudka

Nice fragrance but it can't be "the best". Anyway I had it twice because it's very casual and only a t-shirt suits as perfect as formal clothes to it. Personally I prefer 212 by CH or Chic by CH than this one, think those fragrances have more memorable and richer composition.

scentualMan
scentualMan

I just like to smell good...period. This fragrance gets the job done and its a pleasure to wear. Sometimes I don't want to be challenged by a fragrance; I just want to spray it on and enjoy it effortlessly. Herrera Aqua does this better than most!

The mandarin, fig, and bergamot add a fruity, citrus aroma to the beginning, which is later joined by the fresh lavender and other herbal notes. Finally, the base gets a little powdery and sweet due to the tonka bean, but this is infused with masculinity by the vetiver and musk. All-in-all, this is a great day fragrance for someone who wants to smell good without having to over-think it.

Zaleska
Zaleska

It's an OK day-by-day fragrance. I like its clean opening. Gave it to my boyfriend as a Christmas gift. But I prefer when he wears Bvlgari Black (another present from me), of course. Lucky man he is! LOL

blandest
blandest

Its too feminine.
Its too "fresh" and "sweet".
Its smell is just like fresh icy flowers.

the smell is too old fashion, you will not like it i think, but after the frequent use, you'll love it..

ArkangeL
ArkangeL

C'mon guys, I understand this may not be your cup of tea, but it's not bad at all. I know people that praise Cuba Cigar fragrances, and turn their noses up at Thierry Mugler. Why must it be your typical aquatic? Maybe Ms. Herrera attempted to be different. Opposed to Bvlgari Aqva or Aqva Marine, yes this is out of it's league but it holds it's own category because it's an alternative aqua. It's sweet like Fahrenheit 32, but with a cleaner touch. I love it... I'll love it more in the Spring time however.

guest_firebug
guest_firebug

I have a bottle of this for the last two years. By far one of the most unusual scents from some 20 odd that i use. It has a very strong sweet note, though can't point my finger of what element has created that note. It has some amount of mintiness along with woody and powdery notes. Drydown is the same as beginning and it is a long lasting frag.. Takes me through the office hours which is least 10 hrs.. It is a shrill fragrance when the first note hits ur nostrils..Overall rating is that it is unique fragrance but definitely something that u would like to use over and over again. Definitely not a classic that has the timelessness of the best fragrances of the lot.

vin570
vin570

Too simple.Smells like deodorant. I hate ordinary fragrances.

bwcw81
bwcw81

So many aquatic sense out there, this is so far the most ordinary and boring ones! The sense is very common, very ordinary, so ordinary and it remind me of cool water, dry down is very powerish and boring. The bottle design is also so (square only?)boring.
Aquatic lover, you may skip this.

periquito89
periquito89

Looked better when I first tried from a sample. Today, I can not say it is bad, but looks uninspired and something here remembers me smells of antiques perfumes. That's why it may looks common. It is not a forefront, modern scent, I may say. Aquatic? Well, at least not the usual "aqua"!

vertigo
vertigo

I agree, it's not very aquatic.

I got a lot of fresh sparkling citruses and the beginning.
But the middle and the drydown are totally unimpressive, and the scent doesn't last long.

Little perfume for spring and summer.

vdxl
vdxl

I really hate the generic aqua scents, but this is not at all aquatic. It is maybe a fresh woody-oriental, which is something completely different. It smells great, although I cannot describe it. It is a more interesting version of a blue scent. It is also very elegant: I would not imagine a man in sportswear wearing this.

da_markos
da_markos

herra has typical kind of scents - they have lot of common.
you like it or not. i'm in the 1st group.
for me those perfums are so untoxic and long lasting (like 212). it's pleasure for me to wear them.
IMHO aqua is even better than 212 and chic (dont try herrera for men yet).
it's nice modern scent good for all ocassion.

الأمل الأخير
الأمل الأخير

it is nice, unique and last longer,
it may not differ in its smell over time but you will like smelling it,
it has a masculine scent and after many hours it put you in some sort of relaxing mood,

Herrera Aqua by Carolina Herrera 3.63 out of 5 based on 153 ratings and 28 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Carolina Herrera Herrera Aqua fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Carolina Herrera Herrera Aqua, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Herrera Aqua by Carolina Herrera. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Herrera Aqua by Carolina Herrera represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.