Designers » C » Woody Floral Musk « Groups

dislike

I have it: 352 I had it: 323 I want it: 190 My signature: 12

tobacco
Herrera For Men Carolina Herrera for men Videos
Herrera For Men Carolina Herrera for men Pictures Herrera For Men Carolina Herrera for men Pictures Herrera For Men Carolina Herrera for men Pictures

Herrera For Men by Carolina Herrera is a Woody Floral Musk fragrance for men. Herrera For Men was launched in 1991. Herrera For Men was created by Rosendo Mateu and Carlos Benaim. Top notes are rosemary, lavender, lemon and neroli; middle notes are cloves, clover and geranium; base notes are sandalwood, tobacco and ambergris.

Rosemary Lavender Lemon Neroli

Cloves Clover Geranium

Sandalwood Tobacco Ambergris

XS

Herrera For Men Fragrance Reviews

foreignshores
foreignshores

Two of my best friends used this as their signature scent back in the '90s and I loved how it smelled on them. My memory of it is so vivid--crisp flowers and deep, rich pipe tobacco. I personally never wore it because it was totally 'their scent', but I saw it for $20 this afternoon at Ross so I picked it up. WOW...Totally disappointed. I sprayed it on expecting a flood of nostalgia and great memories of summer nights hanging with the boys and...didn't even recognize it. All I could think was that this can't possibly be the same fragrance. It doesn't even smell remotely familiar. Has to have been reformulated because this crap just smells like medicine and old men. So much for nostalgia.

Matías Ross
Matías Ross

Way better overall than Paco Rabanne XS, even though they smell alike. It totally smells like cloves, tobacco and sandalwood.

Sillage was really good on my skin, I think everybody notice when you're wearing it. Longevity is good too.

8.5/10

FTW Nose
FTW Nose

This used to be my signature scent in college and to this day I still enjoy it. With maturity, I have branched out and it no longer captivates me. I think I always keep a bottle around because it keeps me young and allows me to push back on that clock and remember when my hair was fuller, my pant size smaller and my outlook brighter. To this day, I still don't smell it on too many people. Unique and pleasing isn't a bad start.

My Score 6.5

fragranstein
fragranstein

Klasik bir koku olmasına rağmen, kullanıcıyı bir basamak yukarı taşıyan kendine has bir tarzı var. Baharatlı ve kesinlikle yapaylık hissi barındırmıyor. Ancak bu parfümün kombin edileceği kıyafet iyi seçilmeli. Spor bir giyime yakışacağını sanmıyorum. Özellikle gece kullanımında çok iyi sonuçlar vereceğini düşünüyorum. 30 yaşın altındaki beylere de çok önermiyorum. Bu yaşın üzerindeki beylere daha çok yakışacaktır.

Kalıcılığı çok başarılı ve kokunun farkedilirliği orta seviyede. Türkiye'de kokuyu hala bulmanız mümkün. Ancak bildiğimiz büyük zincir mağazalarda satılmıyor.

Tremere
Tremere

Very masculine and green: Eau Sauvage has a baby with Grey Flannel.

Have_some_scents
Have_some_scents

Yup, smells like Eternity (especially the opening) with some curry thrown in.

SMELLY1992
SMELLY1992

amazing frag here guys! I blend of very natural spices with some kind of sweetness. Very manly and also long lasting! On my list already!
I'd give it 9 out of 10!

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

It smells too common for me. But it's one of the better common smelling scents out there, if that makes any sense.

Cassiano
Cassiano

It may not be an old cologne, of those classics that date back to the 70’s, for example, but is undoubtedly a classic of the male perfumery, in the less literal and more extensive sense of the word.

It was created in 1991, not just by one, but by two illustrious renowned perfumers: Rosendo Mateu (Puig, Carolina Herrera, Antonio Banderas, Paco Rabanne, etc.) and Carlos Benaim (Bvlgari, Avon, Cacharel, Calvin Klein, Ralph Lauren, etc.). It contains notes of neroli, Lavender and leaves of citrus fruits, in the output; geranium, clove and green pepper leaves, in the heart and sandalwood, amber and tobacco, at the base. Some people say that there are also notes of fern (at the top) and cedar (at the base of the fragrance).

The scent is strong, elegant and classic without being dated. It has a leathery and dry aspect as soon as applied on the skin. I consider it linear, because it only loses a little of the dry aspect, getting slightly creamy and woody, but not enough to have diversified facets.

The projection is deceptive because it is very good, although it seems that is no longer working. But some people claim that it was stronger in the past. The bottle is beautiful and although I don't have the knowledge about the inspiration, I believe in something connected to a stately building, or any Tower. The spray is quite generous.

Finally, it is a scent that fell in limbo in recent years, staying below the radar, but that remains an excellent choice for the man who doesn't give up a beautiful and mature male scent in his collection.

MeThePerson
MeThePerson

I don't think I could better describe what has already been said by others of this fragrance other than my own personal experience. I couldn't stop wearing it until the bottle was drained. I just felt self assured and confident wearing this. It's one of those fragrances you just KNOW is staying on you all day, like all CH perfume, like an extra layer of attitude- without the need for any body language. Eliminate posture, eye contact, stance, gestures and carriage; and Herrera for Men establishes your role in the world. Not an aggressive Alpha, but the Alpha who coolly glances up from his life to re-establish order. You know about the world. Get on with it.

Manolete
Manolete

Strong masculine tobacco, but the secret is that is blended with flowers, so the women find it irresitible every single time (it was created by Carolina herself to capture the women taste)
Panty dropper? Panty melter!
Timeless masterpice.

hippiechick13
hippiechick13

Someone below said that it reminds them of a man wearing a trench coat in the rain... and I couldn't agree more.

The tobacco is the star of this cologne. To me, it's everything good quality and elemental in a men's fragrance. It's textured, confident, fresh (clean), yet mellow, smoky and refined.

The trench coat in the rain puts me in mind of Bogart, smoking and staring out over a wet road in a dim light. It's noir, masculine, classic. I am a woman and I spray this on often, because I like the way it makes me feel. It reminds me of my father, whom I remember fondly. The scent of freshly lit smokes and mint reminds me of him and the smell of his car. He was an elegant man. This fragrance captures that. It can lend such a feeling and sense to a woman, too.

And, I feel, the sense this perfume conveys in safety, comfort, protection. The way it feels as a woman cuddled up in an embrace with their man. The smell of their shirt, throat, the feel of their arms around you, the simmering fire.

CGV
CGV

Well Iam puzzled with this one. All the raving reviews and what I get are a distance apart from each other. The initial start is nice and unusual, manly fresh with lavender, neroli, lemon plus enough sharpness and tobacco + fougere nuances. What comes soon afterwards however leaves me wanting more, but not finding it. The scent changes its behaviour on skin which is a good thing in general, but the ash tray like tobacco and the muted curry are melting into a combo which results in the whole thing giving off an aura of those dark & sweet candies we had as kids. Comparisons have been made to XS, Eternity or Egoiste Platinum but for me Herrera For Men is much darker, like a mixture of Ungaro III and Fougere Bengale by Parfum d'Empire. Dark, romantic fougere & foody. To make it a great fougere however, an intelligently applied oakmoss is definitely missing. it would give and edge to this creation which is nice but too floating and candy like. still way better though then some of nowadays market offerings but not enough to be called a masterpiece in my humble opinion. Still struggeling to imagine Angelina Jolie wearing this one....I bought Herrera for men at the same time with Ferre for men and I have to say that both are very nice fragrances but Ferré beats Herrera on all levels. I give it more time anyways, because its still a very fresh encounter, maybe it will develop more as time proceeds...

tomerits
tomerits

Herrera men is a real tobacco smokey scent with great longevity&projection.
On my skin i get 7-8 hrs of pleasure, if you like smokey/tobacco/incense scents you must try this one, one of the best from this genre.
My rank 4.5/5.

tomerai
tomerai

Wow, another perfume that reminded me of my estranged dad. A couple hours after applying I sniffed my wrist and I immediately imagined my dad's clean shaven leathery face and I thought "Dad...". I don't know if he wore this but I think I might get a bottle just so I can be reminded of him.

tarekh020
tarekh020

Is this amazing scent have been discontinued or reformulated ?

Cobray
Cobray

Why doesnt Fragrantica have a review of the all silver CHROME bottle of the rare HERRERA CONCENTREE?? I rememebr this bottle smelling it at the stands in the mall back in 2002 or 2003 for sale for 49.00 or so :( I bought Herrera Ginger(brown bottle) back in day for 39.99 and 212 H20 for 45.00 I should have bought sensual vetiver (green bottle) back in 2002 as well I could have made a killing flipping it ;)

elizakola
elizakola

This is in my opinion the sexiest cologne out there. My husband wears this, and quite frankly I wouldn't mind wearing it myself. Does anyone know of a similar scent for women?

aqua_de_la_vita
aqua_de_la_vita

I was so excited to acquire after many years later Herrera for Men from 91'. When I was trying to finish post secondary, I splurged when money was tight and bought this FABULOUS frag. I remember the amazing aroma so I didn't know what notes were being used...I just loved it !!!!!!
I walked into my usual frag store that carries frag which are no longer in production so when I came across Herrera for Men, I reminisce the memories of my younger years and recall how EXQUISITE this frag was from Herrera. Without any hesitations I bought a 100ml and wore it that same day.

When I sprayed it, I could pick up the aroma of neroli which is very distinct accompanied by lemon, lavender and the herbal aroma of rosemary.
After it settled it took on a more woodsy/floral base from sandalwood, tobacco and geranium.
When It completely settled it had a beautifully aroma of a herbal/sweetened scent giving it overall a warm/spicy aroma.
I find longevity excellent..well past 8hrs.
I also find Sillage to be excellent, if you know this frag you certainly know when someone is wearing it !!!

Overall opinion,
I don't want to sound redundant, this frag is EXQUISITE. I found that this frag is one of a few that could worn all year round. I don't find it to be overbearing at all, I have used it during the daytime at work as well during the eve when you are with your special partner and it might heighten your night....you know !!!.
It's been several weeks now and I must of had at least 8-10 complements from women who didn't recognize this frag but found it very interesting.

Final note, I now have from Carolina Herrera 212 for Men 2011, CHIC for Men 04', CH for Men 09' and now the CLASSIC HERRERA FOR MEN 91'. I use them all and enjoy the variety that Herrera has offered. The 91' bottle is now part of my signature frag's.....EXCELLENT Herrera 10/10, 5 stars !!!!!!!

hadrian
hadrian

I just received a beautiful box: an eau de toilette and an after shave balm - an amazing gift, I wish you to have the occasion (i.e. chance) to verify on your own skin.
Carrera Pour Homme is a wonderful perfume, even in its present formulation.
It smells like the '90, of course, but masters Mateu & Benaim are a guaranty by themselves. As I sometimes say - an aroma of an age when a man used to smell like a man.
A woody floral with a solid tobacco, the best from a lemon and rosemary as it needs. If you love Ralph Lauren's Safari of Rabanne's XS, you know the sound - but, in its way, is older and better than both. The longevity is perfect and the sillage... is up to you. A confidence giver for all seasons - but especially good for a summer afternoon, chatting with a lady, with some ice melting (on something...) in a glass.
A deserved 9/10.

jude1321
jude1321

This is such tobacco, sexy heaven. i love this juice. but I got to tell you, I just bought a bottle of this, concentre version and it literally blew my mind. the concentre version has the original's beauty but on steroids. I have to say this might be the best bottle of cologne that I have ever owned. It lasts all day, while the original smells amazing but does have significant longevity issues. you have to get Herrera for Men, concentre version. a perfect scent.

rogerbpsf
rogerbpsf

currently my favorite fragance, despite not very cheap, i make daily use of this one! very refined.

Robert G. Rodríguez
Robert G. Rodríguez

A classic that you never miss in your fragance collection! so masculine and unique!!!

an.jorePipip
an.jorePipip

Opening with herbs notes for about 10 minutes, which a bit harsh....but if you could hold it for a while you will find tobacco note blends beautifully with clove and sandalwood. It is the only CH perfume I ever want, I don't give a damn with other CH perfumes. Stunning!

kazewayz
kazewayz

Well made fragrance. Woody, citrusy, some tobacco in there I get. It's nice for a night time event. Lasts a long time, projects great. More for the older man in my opinion. Try it.

Cheadle
Cheadle

This Frag has been F'd up big time. It was one of my early colognes and faves The spots did it .... even those are gone too ...and the theme was similar to the original Photo Lagerfeld (which has also been F'd up) Now what I get is a flowery opening same as before... then out of nowhere HARPIC suddenly joins the party followed by some greens a bunny rabbit would eat plus pencil shavings.. the result something akin to the original but without the cahonis. Nearly all the Old Macho scents have been de-cahonised at this rate I sould probably just stock up on old spice.

missan
missan

I have the original version. There´s something about the flowers, lavender and tobacco in it that I really like. Yes, very good sofar.

iampauline
iampauline

Most of us will have an experience when we sniff something so beautiful you suddenly experience epiphany. This is what made me appreciate beautiful accords when I was younger. I will never forget this perfume as it's deeply imprinted in my olfactory memory.

If I will create a perfume in the future. This will definitely be my benchmark. It's masculine. It has a statement without being too strong. Good longevity and sillage. Although I heard it has been reformulated that it became an impression. Luckily I have a good memory of the original smell that it still lingers just by looking at the bottle.

Timeless and classic. Bravo to the creator of this perfume.

MarkT
MarkT

A unique experience is advertised from the first moment, when a blast of rosemary confuses your nose- it is certainly al zaatar al jabal, but its usual resinous quality is completely absent. Then comes the softest of lavenders and nerolis, made even more gentle by the greenness of the rosemary; and, finally a lemon. This lemon bears some consideration. It is not a sweet lemon, nor is it a sharp lemon, nor is it soft like an amalfi lemon. It is a dry lemon; dry not in the sense of the opposite of sweet but the scent of lemon zest and pulp, completely absent any of the bitter white pith, perfectly dried and preserved without any addition of the smell of dessiccation or age. The chemistry of this note is amazing and its endurance throughout the life of this scent is a remarkable olfactory achievement that by itself would put this scent in the top class of perfumes. However, the foregoing is but a too brief first five or ten minutes at best, a moment for a gentleperson to enjoy in contemplation while he (or she) accomplishes their toilette.
And now this review shall digress. It has required three full wearings for me to even contemplate writing about this scent. In large part this is because considering this scent has ensconced in my mind's eye the image of a three foot high creature that looks something like a giant, long necked hamster, with an enlongated muzzle and awkwardly long legs terminating in oddly splayed three toed feet. This creature is my memory of an illustration in an elementary school textbook of the hypothetical creature that stood in the evolutionary line between that generic rat like protomammal and the earliest identifiable ancestor of the horse. It came to my mind because when I think of Carolina Herrera scents, I think of the club blaster 212 series or the sugar bomb CH edition. But Carolina Herrera for Men is, from its pyramid and place in time, a traditional gentlemen's perfume. But within it are the genetics of something more, the capacity for explosion into the loud and unabashed 21st century all night rave silage monster is plainly there and the tension between the traditional structure and the explosive potential gives this scent a delicious tension and makes it crackle with human electricity.
Geranium and clover introduce the middle phase of this perfume. The clover is dry, much like the clover silage one would feed a lucky horse in its winter stable, and with the continuing green from the rosemary the geranium is stripped of its floral aspect. It is there, it is delicious, but it is not in the least bit floral. The single note of the dry clover then begins to expand, joined by alight dry tobacco, a refined pale leafy scent reminiscent of the shade grown Connecticut leaves used for wrapping fine cigars. This is a tobacco whose purpose is not to distract from other more important scents, but to bind them together and play a supporting role. The stage is now set, a small stable on a Connecticut estate, gotten ready for a prized steed but not yet occupied by any animal, decorative plantings of geraniums, warm bales of clover, a nearby bard hanging the summers cash crop of tobacco. And onto this stage come the stars of the show; the lemon suddenly returns in a joyful reprise and escorts onto the stage the true protagonist of the first act: the cloves. This clove note is soft and almost sweet, lacking the sharp or anesthetic quality of the cloves in mincemeat or a christmas ham, comprable in quality if not volume to the soft clove note in Amouage's Memoir Woman.
The middle notes, once in their order, are left to themselves by the slow retreat of the green element of the rosemary and present a scent that is perfectly balanced between the almost sweet of the gernaium, lemon and clove and the dry yellow leaves of the clover and the tobacco.
The final stage of this perfume starts at the very outset of the middle act and is very much the reason this review required several visitations. At first I thought the clover had a slightly animalic quality. Almost undetectable at first, there seems to be something in that dry fodder that seizes the attention of the most primitive parts of the olfactory system, raising an alarum that you are in the presence of the ichors of something that moves and breathes and consumes other living things. This aspect slowly grows over time until one can distinguish it from the clover, this is the ambergris- salty, organic and sexual.
As the sexual tension rises, the geranium, the clove, the clover, the tobacco bid farewell- pleasant company but third wheels for the final act. As the supporting cast leaves the stage, the wood reveals itself. The notes say sandalwood, but this is not like any other sandalwood I know. The soapy element is completely absent, and it is rich and strong, reminding me of a real cedar, not some ISO super E similacrum, but the real heartwood of a mighty tree that saw the fall of empires in its antiquity. And there returning without fanfare, as if it never left, alongside the mighty wood, the erotic ambergris, again one senses the delicious lemon and the quit chorus of cloves. And this scent, perhaps aware of its own magnificence, does not leave the stage until escorted off with a good shower.
This is, perhaps, the best "date" scent in my collection. An opening that puts one in a pleasant and cheerful frame of mind, a middle that exudes geniality and good manners, all the while slowly and inexorably transitioning into a final act of restrained eroticism and quiet strength. Carolina Herrera for Men makes the point of the evening's programme quite clear, though subtly and with manners that are, perhaps, as dated as myself. Its descendants, the VIP series and other analogues, dispense with the manners and the subtlety, making quick introductions and swiftly negotiating their ultimate ends. And with this, we return to our poor splay toed furry friend. Carolina Herrera for men is not some quaint missing link in the genealogy of men's fragrances. It is the powerful wild horse of the Asian steppes, strength and beauty befitting no purpose other than its own magnificence. From this proud creature has been bred the swift but fragile racehorse, the powerful but plodding draft animals- each to their purpose but none as complete or dignified as their ancestor.
I freely admit and qualify my review by stating that I now appear to be of that age when, suddenly, the mores and manners of my youth appear superior. I know this is an outstanding scent for a gentleman, and certainly it is appropriate for a gentleman to wear under almost any circumstances. I hate to label it mature, but will say it is most fitting upon someone who subscribes to a thoughtful and well paced approach to life.
In short, a fragrance of the highest order.

cherie97
cherie97

My father used this years ago, and I was in love with this fragrance.
Very masculine, strong, seductive. And unique too.
He doesn't use this anymore, so I can't wait to find it somewhere and test it on my fiance.
Not sure he's gonna like it, but I'll beg if it's necessary for him to buy it ;)

DariDahlia
DariDahlia

I love this for men. It is a nice, clean, crisp fragrance that's perfect for work and warm evenings. I don't smell the tobacco as much as citrus & spices. This would be a nice fragrance to take on a cruise or tropical vacation.

Anatolian_Swarthy
Anatolian_Swarthy

it smells almost tobacco,but i havent sprayed on my wrist,therefore i dont know longevity of it,but if u like tobacco scent, u can use it.

naji_ali
naji_ali

I think it smells like Fahrenheit Dior for men... I had it once and I used to wear it insted of Fahrenheit to save Fahrenheit for those spetial moments :)

HORRIDFRAG
HORRIDFRAG

I like wearing this fragrance when I go hiking!
Seriously, the smell blends perfectly with nature. The tobacco scent is not offensive, it's subtle, green, and the fern scent really stands through. Silage and longevity is excellent! Love it.

RAG1987
RAG1987

To me this is like a summer/spring/autumn version of Versace's Dreamer for men. Where Dreamer is heavier and sweeter Herrera for men is lighter and sweet but not too sweet. Both equally focused on herbal and tobacco notes. A great warmer weather alternative to Dreamer IMO I done a side by side testing to check this out and it definitely gets my approval! Longevity is very good and so is sillage 10/10 *****

midoo
midoo

Best Perfume Men throughout history ....Abnormal bought several times

Maria111
Maria111

this perfume always reminds me of my ex love,
n ilove the perfume,still fresh on my mind,n ill cherish the moments associated with this perfume ...

Ale
Ale

Reminds me of a man wearing a trench coat in the rain... Unique fragrance, wonderful bottle.

Johnier
Johnier

Me encanta, la uso desde 1996, me recuerda el servicio militar, (guardaba mi ropa de civil y cuando salía de permiso aún tenía la esencia), dura bastante, es elegante, se sienten todas las notas de entrada, el cuerpo y toda la experiencia, (no como otras que sólo tienen un aroma plano y aburrido).
Ojalá no la descontinúen

Soap
Soap

I'm a woman and have decided to make Herrera for Men my first men's fragrance for me.

I'm wearing this puppy all fall and winter.

Smells like the man every woman dreams of; someone you want to be with 24/7.

suhaesa
suhaesa

i love it. one of my all time favourites.very masculine sexy and long lasting ..it reminds me of real men!..sophisticated and says in all the languages "i am an independant,strong willed man"it has an amazing silage..and its clean.. and by the way, this is from a female s point of view .

rating 4.5 out of 5

كانت أيامه جميله ومليئة بالذكريات
فايز

Frank Marcello
Frank Marcello

It’s great scent, my favorite. It’s very masculine but delicate and gentle at the same time. It’ young, despite it’s over 20 years old and it doesn’t feel outdated (like some fragrances from that time, which makes you smell like old man when you wear them nowadays).
It makes me feel better and more confident. Every good fragrance should work that way.
I don’t think it’s for everyone and it’s different from what comes out in the recent time. Not everyone could appreciate it and this is a good thing, because it’s chosen only by the right guys and noticed by the right women… if that makes sense ;)

peace

thief of hearts
thief of hearts

I was so strongly recommended to try this that I purchased a small bottle. I agree with the comment below that this smells a bit like curry. Love eating it but not wearing it.

rfp111
rfp111

I remember getting my Dad's bottle and spraying my pillow so I could sleep better...

julaiele
julaiele

Finally i was able to acquire today an authentic vintage 50ml bottle of CH PH with its original chrome cap contained in a dotted redish brown box. Made in Spain. All your positive reviews are correct guys.
The next time i knew... i'm in cloud 9! Very suave and in the peak of masculinity. The scent exudes timeless elegance, confidence & class. The tobacco notes add up to the execution of unique way of sensuality. A work of art. A masterpiece worth keeping for the whole damn world of a polished manhood. Thanks CH for this wonderful scent. I'm 40 and inspired. Life is unfolding from the beginning...once again!

ZELJO
ZELJO

this one was so popular here in early 90s than I,m still feeded up of that one, not bad,though, but rather unoriginal and not especially worthy

Belladonna_dea
Belladonna_dea

This is an interesting spicy scent. Angelina Jolie wears this even though it's for a man. I loved the top notes but it was almost too spicy near the end before another powder scent saves it. Almost like soap spice powder.

lakolanga@hotmail.com
lakolanga@hotmail.com

I have been ussing since 1994 , and i am always afraid from CH to discountinue this brand. its the best ever perfume .
i always keep sealed bottles in my room so that i dont run short when the existing one finishes.
ITS THE BEST PERFUME EVER.

mark.gordon
mark.gordon

This cologne is very unique. It smells like money literally. Leathery with almost a hint of curry. Unfortunately, it does not last very long... maybe 2 hours on me... I loved it so much I was always spraying it on. I think I went through the largest bottle in a couple of months.

enriquesolisjimenez
enriquesolisjimenez

de mis favoritas de los 90´s muy buenos recuerdos de mis tiempos de Universidad muchos y buenos cumplidos, a las chicas les encantaba el aroma de HFM

evilspin
evilspin

Very nice fragrance. I had a friend who wore this and everytime i see this or smell this I remember him and he always smelled like he had waffles with maple syrup. thats what this fragrance reminds me of and thats not a negative review. alot of people told me they dont get that but I get a masculine & syrupy pleasant scent.

ItsJson
ItsJson

This is a mature fragrance.
Its in a league of its own, just the way they pulled of tabaco and lavander...makes my day.
This fragrance will definetly stand out anywhere you go.

krmarich
krmarich

This set the stage for 1990s perfume for men. It was cleaner and lighter than anything before it. I sampled it and went crazy buying a large bottle and sprayed it liberally. The tobacco(flower) note was refined and elegant.

Ah, what a time the 1990s were. Responsible, reserved and alluring. That was CHPH in a nutshell.

MQS
MQS

its one of the most classic fragrance i ever tried
yeah i little bit sharp but the way i like it.
unique, spicy and remarkable.
i was stealing it from my father
i just bought on bottle for my self and unfortunately the formula have been changed a little bit and also the longevity and sillage not as good as i remember.

Alyluz222
Alyluz222

I wear this. I love it. It's fresh and longlasting and gorgeous, it makes me feel sure of myself. My father wore this.

Neto
Neto

I wish I could say 'I liked this fragrance'. Honestly I am quite confused about it - Need a few more time to get used to the notes of tobacco.

Curious (or crazy?) fact: I insist on smelling it every night. I spray on my wrist and go to bed =x

-----------
update: september 3rd.
I consider this one Neutral - I don't like and I don't dislike it! :p confusing, huh?!

SilverFire
SilverFire

It goes on dusty and papery, like the smell of an old library (which I think is fantastic); there is a smell of something high-end, but not flowery like Boucheron, something more solid. As time goes on, it becomes fresh and faintly soapy, and then the paper note returns, with something sweet like perhaps pear? Lasts about six hours. It’s an interesting scent but the longevity is not that good.

mhk

بو %100
ماندگاری %40

shanky1910
shanky1910

Very Strong only one spray can do the trick very strong for my liking as it gets annoying when you apply this check before you buy.

CollyB
CollyB

Absolutely adore this. Bought a bottle in about 1992 for my boyfriend but decided to keep it for myself because you never used to smell it on anyone; I'm glad I kept it. On a night out, another girl actually ran down the street after me, to ask what it was. Another time in a night club, two girls at the bar were discussing someones smell, they thought it was the guy next to them,but I tapped them on the shoulder and said "Is it this?" and gave them a waft...it was, and everytime they passed me they stopped me for another sniff!

It was a very appealing scent to women and therefore my boyfriend never got his present!

Freshmike
Freshmike

Classic for a man who wants to be noticed but not talked about. My name is Mike and I APPROVE this review!

Grottola
Grottola

Herrera for men is a precursor to XS by Paco Rabanne, and Herrera's own Chic for Men. Herrera for Men is a bit fresher, with noticeable fougere elements. I prefer this one to XS, and it can be found quite cheaply, so check it out before it gets screwed up or discontinued!

PseudoCz
PseudoCz

It`s dry, woody-powdery. Have a strong smell of woods with leather. Classy, for a formal occasions and winter/fall. Nice, but not for me.

artemis27
artemis27

This is supremely great! My guy wears this and i just can't stop smelling him! It starts off with a slightly sharp rosemary and lavender-ish hit. But in a little while it has a wonderful soft tobacco undertone that just pulls me to him!

Its elegant and masculine: it has a magnetic air of sophistication.

And the lasting power is amazing!! I catch whiffs even after a good 8 hours.

Great fragrance.

Lana Lool
Lana Lool

This is quite a lavender wonder at the opening...similar to Eternity's lavender. But Herrera does it with slightly less sweetness and when mixed with tobacco and clove, quite a wonderful scent. It is light and pleasant and probably will not offend anyone. If you think you smell something close to Eternity, Burberry for Men, and a little of Versace's Dreamer in this, I agree. This has elements of all those, but really the best elements and blended very well. It is sort of a warm brown sugary lavender wonder...without being too cloying. Very nice. I will stock up on this, as its getting harder and harder to find. This is one you want to have a spare bottle of at all times. A bottle for the vault as it were. My vault is starting to get full of wonderful vintages at this point, and this is without a doubt, a must.

fifaatm
fifaatm

my father used to wear this.. so my image of this perfume is "authoritive" *lol*

Lotofire
Lotofire

longevity on this fragrance is arround 8hrs...the thing is that after a while oneself cannot perceive it but others sure can; a classic manly aroma.

Dark-X
Dark-X

" There Is Smells For Men & There Is The Smell Of Men"

That should be this slogan of this frag !

Herrera for men is the most beautiful, elegant, masculine, romantic smell you may ever smell.

It is the best "masculine" smell I've ever smelled !

It starts with a woody-dominated citrusy smell, drys down to a peaceful romantic yet masculine smell, were the tobacco note starts to reveal itself.
Finally it ends with flowery-tobacco smell that is elegant enough, yet not pretentious. Perefction.

To me, it is a piece of heaven.

This is a frag you put it for the better side of you.

"Over Armani Code Any Day"

With all the respect for the legend of Giorgio Armani.

I didn't like the longevity, considering its price.

It doesn't matter, the couple of hours with it on me is the recommended amount elegance per day.

samsara1977
samsara1977

I love tobacco in perfume, specially in men's perfume. Every man should smell like this, love it!

varondandy
varondandy

11:00 am, spritzed some on from the counter while on lunch, continued with my daily activities in the caribbean heat and back at the office with a/c.the compliments were left and right from a wide variety audience.got of work bought this cologne,went home the wife loved it.the cloves, neroli and tobacco notes work nicely.not for every one,try before buying.elegant,romantic all year round.ciao!

ALEXEIFEDOROV

This fragance has it all¡ longevity, freshness, elegance. A classy-dark perfume with a beautiful opening and a warm drydown.

Brahmsfourth
Brahmsfourth

This, I am sorry to say, is the kind of fragrance I avoid. It strives too hard to make a masculine impression; it brings to mind the suffocating sensation of being stuck behind a hot tar truck in traffic. It is like smelling a cup of coffee left out for hours. I do not detect any saving grace in this gloomy and depressing concoction. On a cheery note, I love Herrera Aqua.

behzad1280
behzad1280

This is a classic nice & warm & sensual perfume you can wear at occasions or even office.

But unfortunately it won’t last for a few hours!

این یک ادکلن با بوی کلاسیک، گرم، تا حدی سکسی و بسیار دوست داشتنی هست که میتونین اون رو در مهمونی ها و مجالس و حتی دفتر و محل کار استفاده کنید.

اما باید بگم که دوام و پخش بوی خوبی نداره. در حد دو سه ساعت روی پوست من میمونه.
شاید برای شما کمی بیشتر هم باشه.

cobyghea
cobyghea

dentro de mis top five, impresionante!!! no podes dejar de olerlo, tan masculino! no hay lugar que no te digan que perfume mas rico!!! junto con el xs de paco rabanne ya son del hall de la fama .... leyenda.!!....gracias herrera!

mado17
mado17

One of the bestest men cologne ever, it is fresh, thrilling and perfectly balanced. When I was a little teenager I got on of these, I have had never smelled such a wonderful scent like it before, aferwards it has been reformulated, staying power and sillage are not the same as originally introduced. Exactly since the dark red box with yellow circles was replaced by the new, more elegant dark brown box, the fragrance was a bit changed on that time. Although it is not as before, it is still one the best men colognes ever.

omerpervaiz
omerpervaiz

This is one of the supreme perfumes for men. A very mature smoky/woody/musk fragrance.
kinda similar to XS in it's drydown. But this one is much better. It opens with smoky citrusy notes and dries down to woody/musky notes. It has better longevity than XS.
I give it 8.4 out of 10.

AalaAM
AalaAM

One of the best classic colognes of all times, when I first got this one when I was like 11 or something, I thought it was made from Anise, but not anymore.
What I really like about this one is longevity, you can open you last winter closet and still smell Herrera still lingers on your coat.
I'm buying the new 200ml one this month insha'Allah.

vdxl
vdxl

It is a good fougere-woody cologne, but maybe not for my age&skin. It does smell refined: I get tobacco, clove, citrus, honey and a fern accord. If you are a fan of XS by Paco Rabanne or Egoiste Platinum by Chanel, surely you'll love this one.

periquito89
periquito89

I've heard that the nose has something to do with our memories, and it's true, I'm always remembering something through the smells. Herrera for Men is one of the few things that bring me back good memories, during my bad times, and just for itself. I remember that I really liked the smell of this scent, witch I though a bit unusual but very refined (maybe my first one of this kind - 1995/1996).

Clove is more than ok in a candy, in a dessert and even in some kind of dishes, but how about in a fragrance? Well, clove is really here, it plays an important rule and I must say it works very well in this scent.

The sweetness of Herrera for Men, witch is mixed with the tobacco note, is not that "floral" thing. Longevity is very good and the previous reviewers are in the right way, because I still think that this is an elegant scent.

Not for everyone, I suppose. You must try before buy.

But it is one of my all time favourites, and a must have in my wardrobe, even if I just want to keep for myself, to use time to time and remember good things or feelings ":¬).

P.S.: this review gave me a lot of ballons :¬). But to be honest I don't need to give much more thought to conclude that the current Herrera for Men is not the same scent I met back in 95/96. There's a faint tobacco smell that remains for some time, and that's ok. I algo get compliments, even though I´m not looking for it when I´m wearing this particular scent. But the scent today is very watery, the opening is not even close of what I was used to get, actually is not nice anymore, and the whole thing being just a shadow. It's not my nose. The memories related to smells are very strong. That review up there, by foreignshores, was totally spot on to me. Still good. But not anymore what was, and still is, the most beautiful memory of any perfume I ever smelled. I also have the deodorant aerosol. I aply and let it rest for a while. With time, smelling with attention and very close to skin, it gives me a vague memory of what the scent used to be. I also did this experiment on my shirt, with that vague memory coming again. Unfortunatelly must press hard the nose and take a deep sniff. Man, how I miss it. I can't imagine any reasonable explanation for they doing this, unless they lost the original formula and weren't able to reproduce it. No other scent which have been reformulated pissed me off more than this; if the ideia was to give a highly unecessary modern twist on it, Mrs. Herrera really sold herself on this, and for a very cheap price. What a pity.
(09.23.2014 edit).

da_markos
da_markos

finally i've tested it and i got it! i've blind bought 30 ml and it was no mistake. this scent is a mother of 212 and chic.untoxic, sweet (but not too sweet), woody, musk fragrance. i really love this one like i adore aqua, chic and 212.

ALEXEIFEDOROV

what an elegant scent¡ this is the best from this designer. longevity and sensuality for hours. Definitely this is my favorite fragance, and my wife loves it.

azuriiita
azuriiita

strong, long lasting, masculine,unmistakable... one classic. You can get many compliments whit this :) Good to confident and relaxing men

Perfumaniac
Perfumaniac

Very elegant strong spicy scent. A little goes a long way!

Mariano
Mariano

A long time ago, this one introduced me in the world of very refined perfumes. I need one of this.

Herrera For Men by Carolina Herrera 4.08 out of 5 based on 461 ratings and 85 user reviews

HERRERA for MEN by Carolina Herrera DEODORANT SPRAY 5 OZ
HERRERA for MEN by Carolina Herrera EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ TESTER
HERRERA for MEN by Carolina Herrera EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ UNBOXED
HERRERA for MEN by Carolina Herrera EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ UNBOXED
Gift Set 3.4oz
Carolina Herrera Gift Set by Carolina Herrera Gift Set for Men Includes 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray 2.5 oz Deodorant Stick
HERRERA for MEN by Carolina Herrera EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ
HERRERA for MEN by Carolina Herrera EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ
HERRERA for MEN by Carolina Herrera SET-EDT SPRAY 3.3 OZ DEODORANT STICK 2.1 OZ
HERRERA for MEN by Carolina Herrera SET-EDT SPRAY 3.3 OZ DEODORANT STICK 2.1 OZ
Gift Set 3.4oz
212 Sexy Gift Set by Carolina Herrera Gift Set for Men Includes 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray 2.6 oz Deodorant Stick
Gift Set 3.4oz
212 Gift Set by Carolina Herrera Gift Set for Men Includes 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray 2.1 oz Deodorant Stick
Gift Set 3.3oz
212 Gift Set by Carolina Herrera Gift Set for Men Includes 3.3 oz Eau De Toilette Spray 3.3 oz After Shave Gel
Gift Set 3.4oz
212 Sexy Gift Set by Carolina Herrera Gift Set for Men Includes 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray 3.4 oz After Shave Moisterizer
Gift Set 3.4oz
212 Vip Gift Set by Carolina Herrera Gift Set for Men Includes 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray 3.4 oz Shower Gel
HERRERA for MEN by Carolina Herrera EDT SPRAY 6.7 OZ
HERRERA for MEN by Carolina Herrera EDT SPRAY 6.7 OZ
CH

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Carolina Herrera Herrera For Men fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Carolina Herrera Herrera For Men, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Herrera For Men by Carolina Herrera. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Herrera For Men by Carolina Herrera represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.