Designers » C » Floral « Groups

Acaciosa Caron for women

Acaciosa Caron for women
dislike

yellow floral

A brilliant mixture with exceptional savoir-faire, this fragrance has remained among the greatest floral bouquets in international perfumery. Blossoms of orange, pineapple, jasmine and rose with a sensual ambergris background offer a sweet and harmonious blend. Acaciosa was launched in 1924.

Rose Jasmine Lily-of-the-Valley Orange Blossom Ylang-Ylang

Pineapple Jasmine Orange Blossom Sandalwood

Vanilla Amber Musk

Michelle

Acaciosa Fragrance Reviews

Mary-Jayne
Mary-Jayne

It is a little confusing for me, that the listings for Caron Acaciosa in the database here show this as just "Acaciosa", and a separate entry for "Acaciosa Parfum". Yet the fountain/urn pictured above for this entry, shows the fountain from which the parfums/extraits are decanted in the Caron boutiques.
I had therefore posted my comment initially on the "Acaciosa Parfum" page, as the version I tried is the current parfum, however as it isn't totally clear, and as this page has clearly seen more traffic, I thought I would add my comment here also.
But to clarify, the sample I tested was a current, 2015 batch of the parfum extrait.
Acaciosa is now only available in pure parfum, but it is still in production and available from the Caron boutique in Paris (& presumably NY boutique too, but not online).

Oh, and unsure why people are saying it costs £2000!! It really doesn't, it costs somewhere in the region of £125 for a 20ml pure parfum through to ~ £300 for 100ml pure parfum I think. Not exact figures but roughly. Exchange rates, inflation and fallible memory may all have an effect on accuracy! But definitely not two grand!

My comment from other Acaciosa page, slightly modified:

This is absolutely beautiful, a divine creation from Caron. It doesn't knock my favourite Caron scent - French Cancan - off it's perch, but it does come close trying!

I know this isn't a proper full and detailed review, I will try to come and write one soon when I have more energy.
But a couple of thoughts I wished to share about this lovely scent;

Firstly, I have seen this compared several times to Jean Patou Joy, with various reviewers on different parts of the internet citing a similarity with Joy.
Sadly this put me off trying Acaciosa for a long time because I utterly despise Joy (the perfume, not the emotion). I know it obviously works for a great many people because of the popularity and reputation. And please note this is just /my/ opinion from /my/ experience, but for me Joy is anything but Joyous, smelling like some kind of super indolic ripe manure pile. Yes really, it is kind of like being punched by someone with a fist full of manure and then spraying you in the face with floral disinfectant (an experience we've all had at some point, right?).
You could say it wasn't for me!
But anyway, the comparisons I had seen from such reviews made me think this Caron would be similarly indolic and dirty and loud and (for me) unpleasant. Therefore, despite distractedly thinking the notes sounded nice I made no attempts to get my hands on Acaciosa.

I am so glad though that a sample ended up coming my way last year. I was a little anxious before testing, but eventually took the plunge to try this, and thank goodness because Acaciosa is divine!
Creamy, rich, floral, slightly sweet (NOT in the modern way of sweet!) and a lingering powdery spice or spicy powder. The pineapple is detectable when you know to look for it, but is not sickly sweet or over prominent, instead it just lends Acaciosa a slightly summery upbeat nuance. Kind of in a joyful way, ironically! In the opening there is something that smells like tuberose, with a slight camphor or mentholated hint to it, which just adds to the intrigue.

As with most Caron scents, well the ones I have tried anyway (which do not include the recent reformulations of the "la selection" scents) the notes are blended so skillfully, so beautifully and so competently that it becomes extremely difficult to pick out individual notes. Instead it seems to become more than the sum of its parts, everything works together so harmoniously, there are no jarring notes or accords, nothing dischordant from start to end. Oh, it is so beautiful!

Incredibly feminine and elegant, Acaciosa makes me think of summer, holidays, bronze sun-drenched skin, the shape of a womans leg beneath crisp white linen dress, and a wide brimmed hat over sand and salt tousled hair, sitting on canvas upholstered outdoor furniture, watching the sun set orange, rose, lilac, coral, magenta, violet and maroon, mirrored in calm indigo waters and set against a darkening blue green sky.

I urge you all to try this beautiful smooth, rich, deep, happy creation. It is wonderful, and perfect for the summer months. Longevity is phenomenal, lasting a good 24 hours on skin and hair, even longer on clothes, and it projects beautifully too, leaving a distinctive scent trail behind you.

Review based upon current Acaciosa pure parfum, 2015 batch from Paris.

grayspoole
grayspoole

Acacia refers to a large genus of trees and shrubs. Two species are used in perfumery: Acacia dealbata gives us mimosa and Acacia farnesiana gives us cassie, although mimosa and cassie are words that I see being frequently used interchangeably. Acacia farnesiana is named after the noble Farnese family, who grew it in their famous gardens. Mimosa is a gentler, powdery sweet floral that is said to have almond nuances. Cassie has a stronger sweet floral profile. I think of it as a pollen-rich, almost animalic floral with a slightly sharp honeyed sweetness that catches in my throat a little.

The jasmine and ylang-ylang in Acaciosa are gorgeous, and it has a honeyed warmth. I have no idea of the age of my sample of the parfum, which came to me from dear Fragrantican. One reviewer compares Acaciosa to Patou Sublime, and I think that it is a very good association.

Although the name "Acaciosa" would certainly seem to suggest that there is an acacia note within this perfume, it is common to read that there is no cassie or mimosa in Acaciosa. I respectfully disagree. I think there is a soft cassie note in Acaciosa, which is just fine by me since I don't enjoy strong mimosa/cassie notes. On the other hand, my nose searches is vain for the purported pineapple.

Acaciosa is a beautiful example of classic perfumery. I enjoy testing and smelling it, but it is so far from my usual perfume choices that I have never worn it "out." I really should, since I am gradually cozying up to sweeter, indolic floral-orientals.

Kai'elle
Kai'elle

WHAT! $2000!!! Are you kidding..?

Damn...look at that INCREDIBLE bottle though.

I need a sugar daddy......

M.Ahmadi
M.Ahmadi

Price: $2,000!

danieq
danieq

I've been wearing this since yesterday evening around 6am and it now 9:30 the following morning. I am astounded at the longevity of this perfume. The sillage has dropped considerably, but the scent is still, unmistakeably there.

I find it difficult to talk notes when it comes to Caron as they are so well blended. This is a beautiful, sweet floral. All evening, I was catching hints, sometimes with a slight herbal tone. I do get the pineapple in the dry down, though it certainly doesn't scream. I don't get rose at all.

This Parfum is unapologetic. It doesn't try to be something it's not, I find it to be relatively straightforward and it is gorgeous in its straightforwardness! It's ultra feminine, sophisticated but not snooty. It's nearly impossible to find, but worth the effort if you can.

tamilla.yashnikova
tamilla.yashnikova

maybe someone knows how to order Acaciosa from Caron for women buy Sample onlain
  I will be a very grateful

lovingthealien
lovingthealien

Oh, Acaciosa. What a hidden treasure! This gorgeous and old-fashioned wonder has captivated me. I never thought I would be able to own a bottle of this rare vintage, but a veritable jug of parfum fell into my hands for a truly amazing price.

Caron's development is funny - in the teens, they were releasing brilliant, stark, forward-thinking fragrances that anticipated the flapper and the jazz club days. Then in the 20s, they started releasing more retro-Victorian fragrances - soliflores and full-bodied sweet florals with lots of meat and little bone structure. This is certainly one of those.

Acaciosa is brilliant from the very beginning. It opens a lot like Joy but somehow even more joyous! Rose, jasmine, and lily of the valley are accented by a sparkling fruity and resinous accord (allegedly pineapple, though I think it's a mixture of two obscure vintage extracts that give the effect) that reminds me of champagne. Citrus and aldehydes are either dosed low or missing, but the perfume manages to really sparkle!

After the dramatic and stunning opening, you are treated to a delightful, lightly powdered lipstick-rose, indolic (natural?) jasmine, muguet, ylang, and orange blossom over a candy-sweet mossy amber base. This has been done so many times in perfumery but here it's somehow different. It's not overly perfumey, but it is dewy and fresh in a way that is rarely achieved in perfume so perfectly. It remains a sweet candy and cosmetic rose for hours, eventually drying down into a very lightly sweetened musky caron base full of moss and sandalwood.

This is probably the best rose and jasmine bouquet of its type. If you're a fan of Joy, Narcisse Noir, Chamade, Fleurissimo, or any other sweet natural-smelling floral bouquet fragrances, this is definitely worth a try.

Espi
Espi

just when I was about to give up on the house of Caron of which I bought 12 urn samples that I'm testing in chronological order, the next sample is just a beautiful white floral called Acaciosa .. apparently this 1924-beauty is the MOTHER of all white florals. NO stale 'all notes blended together into an unrecognizable jumble' fragrance effect here like I had on N'Aimez que moi (1916), Tabac Blond (1919) and the slightly better Narcisse Blanc (1923).

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

What I tried was the pure parfum, presumably a vintage version. This is not acacia, but a sweet, slightly indolic, honeyed floral with a tinge of root beer initially. The floral part is ylang-ylang along with some white flowers like jasmine and orange blossom. After reading that one of the notes is pineapple, I can see how it might be. Even though I don’t smell it explicitly it contributes a syrupy, canned-pineapple vibe to the top notes.

As it dries down, I can start to smell sandalwood in the base. The sillage is moderate, but a tiny dab lasts all day on skin. Although this is a classic vintage perfume, I could easily wear it anywhere. I like it, and am glad that my sample is generous enough to last through many applications.

Lady Love
Lady Love

(Pure Parfum Review)

Narcisse Noir + Joy = Acaciosa

Smells like a vintage bouquet of white flowers!

Extremely better than Or et Noir and N`Aimez Que Moi. Fortunately this is the kind of Rose notes I was expecting from Caron. Jasmine and Rose are the two dominant initial notes in this fragrance.

Acaciosa and Joy share this resinous-animalistic vintage feeling that I love.

This is a huge Masterpiece!!!

kelleybelle
kelleybelle

My goodness, this scent is scorchingly sexy; I LOVE it !! Very fruity and rich with a velvety dry-down :)

Kterhark
Kterhark

Blame it on just returning from Maui, but i do detect the pinapple here, and it is delightfully crisp and mouth watering.

I've read that pineapple contains an ingredient that is supposed to help with depression. Indeed, whenever I am anxious i tend to crave it. How interesting that this note caught the perfumer's nose in 1924, which was firmly in the grip of the optomistic, sky is the limit, roaring 20's.

This is a happy scent. It is also one of the few (the first for me, actually) Caron's that opens pleasantly from the get-go; there is no wait time while it develops.

During the dry down this does get sweeter, channeling that aspect of the 20s where people had too much of a good thing. Like others have said, it is a bit pungent, which works here by holding the jasmine at bay. This is another star on the Caron 'how did we do this week' sheet.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Caron Acaciosa fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Caron Acaciosa, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Acaciosa by Caron. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Acaciosa by Caron represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.