Designers » C » Floral « Groups

Fleur de Rocaille (1993) Caron for women
dislike

yellow floral
Fleur de Rocaille (1993) Caron for women Pictures

The fragrance is a contemporary version of a timeless classic. Reflecting youth, vitality and spontaneity, the floral harmony blends subtle notes of mimosa and lilac offset by a crescendo of zesty jasmine and iris. The fragrance climaxes with sensual notes of sandalwood and amber. The bottle, shaped like a vase is topped by a carved floral motif on the stopper. Fleur de Rocaille (1993) was launched in 1993.

Gardenia Violet Aldehydes

Mimosa iris Lilac Jasmine Ylang-Ylang Lily-of-the-Valley Rose Carnation

Sandalwood Amber Cedar Musk Oakmoss

Fleur de Rocaille (1993) Fragrance Reviews

chrisndema
chrisndema

I have never encountered a fragrance like this before. I sprayed 1 spray on my wrist and the scent is like as some described as fresh laundry clean. It is well blended as no single note seems to pop out. Its pleasant and sort of comforting but i found as the day progressed it seemed to become even stronger. It that normal? I mean did anyone else experience that or its my skin chemistry. Surmount to say i couldn't take it. It seemed to want to take control of me. Kinda like the perfume wearing me instead of me wearing the perfume kindof thing. I don't know about this one.

NB. It's also scrub-proof.

SuzieQue$1
SuzieQue$1

Used this back in the day, sorry to see that it has changed.

m_mtz40
m_mtz40

Similar to Clinique Pleasures, Lancome Poeme, Ysatis. In that category of strong white florals. Very powerful in a feminine way. Use w moderation as a little goes a long long way!

sirop de Liège
sirop de Liège

I blind bought a bottle, again based on the ingredients and reviews. This is not what I expected at all, the longevity of the edt (edp seems not to exist, even on the Caron official website only edt is available) is rather moderate to my surprise. It opens full blast with jasmin and mimosa but an hour later all I get is a very soft flower-and-honey drydown, nice and clean.
None of the sillage monster or hard to scrub off perfume others are warning about. I don't dislike it, but it is not an amazing masterpiece, just a nice clean inoffensive white and yellow floral with a decent longevity.

Julie Billi
Julie Billi

I love the bottle!!!! <3

incrediblemelk
incrediblemelk

This is so '90s! Its sweetness is different to the gourmand or fruity sweetness of recent perfumes; it's just a blast of spring flowers. It reminds me nostalgically of the perfumes tha used to be advertised in strips in the magazines I read as a teenager, and so in a way it reminds me of being young and the optimism and energy of that time.

For some reason it reminds me of Lancôme or Estée Lauder perfumes that came out around the same time: very big and floral and romantic. Not sure I could wear it, but I really did like smelling it on a card.

scrabbleaims
scrabbleaims

True, it doesn't scrub off. It is a pretty floral but a little too sweet for me. I find it cloying but it does last and last and last...

Daphne du Maurier
Daphne du Maurier

Warning: this does not scrub off! I really suggest you test on paper, unless you are sure it is your type of scent.

The opening is an unbelievably overwhelming assault of sickly-sweet florals. I was almost gasping for fresh air. Well into the heart, it becomes a beautiful, pure-smelling clean white floral, reminding me of vintage YR Vie Privee, though sweeter and stronger, but by that time I was so sick of smelling its syrupiness I just wanted to remove it - and could not, for the life of me! So I must concede that in terms of longevity, it is amazing.

rubyred108
rubyred108

I'm out to try it! -- especially with the references to "Cabotine" which is my go-to.

moreorlessa
moreorlessa

A very beautiful, old fashioned powdery floral fragrance. The first time I wore it, it reminded me simultaneously of Dior Dune and L'Heure Bleue and, in the drydown, I was reminded of Champs Elysees, all of which are perfumes I love.

riddlerin
riddlerin

It used to be my signature scent for years. The second perfume I owned in my lifetime. Very enchanting, elegant, feminine and floral. A timeless classic! The longevity is what I loves most about Caron Fleur de Rocaille. It could last overnight and my friends used to recognize me easily just by sniffing at its odor. It's perfect for night wear of hanging out and definitely would add a charismastic touch to your female charm. The sillage is slightly above moderate -- so I personally would wear this perfume for three seasons a year. In summer time, the aldehyde scent smells too rich and could be a little overwhelming.

lia78
lia78

This is beautiful and fresh...Fresh laundry beautiful!!! I was surprised by this perfume since this was launched in the 90's where a lot of amber and florals reigned queen of the decade. But this fresh floral bouquet is a breeze off the usual perfume blends. Not necessarily downy but it does have a burst of laundry fresh in the opening and dries down to a creamy floral similar to Amarige. This is a classic that transcends time and age... No wonder it's still in the market:-) Perfect for warm weather and as a 'workout' perfume... I love Caron!

Anatares
Anatares

The opening is a bit strong but then it turns into a beautiful, sophisticated, sweet floral. A classic. Gorgeous drydown.

stormyla
stormyla

Missk is right,the opening of this perfume is a lot like getting whacked in the schnoz with a huge bouquet. The opening is also very long lasting. The carnation and ylang ylang are two of the things that I like best about this scent. Despite the aggressively long and loud opening, this fragrance has one of the loveliest dry downs ever.

This is one of the very few perfumes that uses Mimose that is appealing to me. Usually my skin amplfies Mimose to the point of overbearng, but not in this mix. Here the Mimose is a lovely whisper.

I have a small bottle of EDT that thinks it should behave like parfum with incredible staying power. The sillage is thunderous in the opening, loud in mid stage and pitch perfect in the drydown. I don't wear it often, but enjoy it when I do. Today I am wearing it's more reserved parent.

bren400
bren400

Missk is SOOO funny! I am going to sample this fragrance soon and hoping to love it.

Fleur de Rocaille is a really thick, honeyed floral scent, which can sometimes be a little too overpowering for my tastes.

Whenever I smell this fragrance, I feel like I'm getting whacked in the face with a large bouquet of colourful flowers, and stung by a few bees in the process. Not many people are mentioning the dominant carnation note in this formulation. I'm smelling carnations by the bucket-load.

If I were to catch a subtle waft of this fragrance on a passer-by, I think I might enjoy it. However when you wear this fragrance on your own skin, it can be rather headache inducing. Intense and aggressive are two words that I would definitely use to describe Fleur de Rocaille.

There's lots of rose, jasmine, carnation, ylang ylang, lilac and mimose in this fragrance. Just when you think that Fleur de Rocaille can't get any heavier, an amber note comes along and amps up the sillage, adding a syrupy texture.

Apparently the original Fleur(s) de Rocaille wears closer to the skin, so perhaps I should try and track down the older formulation. Who knows why Caron released this confusing Fleur de Rocaille perfume, especially seeing that it shares little, to no relation to the original.

I still have a lot of respect for the house of Caron, even though this fragrance has been a disappointment for me. At the very least, I can say that the longevity and sillage are way out of this world. You'll be smelling Fleur de Rocaille for days.

gmstrack
gmstrack

Before writing this review, I mistook Fleur de Rocaille (1993) for FleurS de Rocaille (1933) by Caron. After some research, I realized that I’ve yet to sniff the 1933 fragrance and based on the note descriptions, the two fragrances differ quite a bit. Here are is my impression of Fleur de Rocaille:

The opening is loaded with sweet floral and a touch of aldehydes. For flowers, I’m picking up lilac and maybe jasmine, but the effect is simultaneously muted and abrasive; this is a jagged, airbrushed bouquet found on greeting cards from the 1990s. The aldehydes are not very pronounced, but there is something nauseating lurking in the composition that reminds me of hairspray. Development on the skin is linear, so in this case, time isn’t a problem solver. In spite of my disappointment, I still want to try FleurS de Rocaille; hopefully, I will not mistake this one for hair product.

CoolBreezes
CoolBreezes

Holy leaping flowers, Batman! These flowers are actually ROWDY, cool yet rich, and both loud and good natured (sort of like this review). Intense sillage with one spray and lasts and lasts. Mimosa, wisteria and carnation holding hands and jumping up and down.
When you're in the mood for this one, you're in the mood for this one!

Quasar
Quasar

People used to say that Chanel smell like a fresh linen........powder etc......
THIS ONE IS REAL CLEAN FRESH FLORAL amazingly CLEAN scent
Smell like U would just take your washing from the wash machine just beutifull ............
Nothing smell fresher than this......and all made from flowers
UNIQUE and AMAZING

claudja smeller
claudja smeller

(ENGLISH)

Unable to use this scent in street clothes. It has to be jumping, I have to be very feminine, makeup, because it raises the cube all our qualities. What perfume remarkable, significant, unique, emblematic! Made for the few women to use.

(PORTUGUESE)
Impossível usar este perfume com roupas comuns. Tem que ser de salto, tenho que estar bem feminina, maquiada, porque ele eleva ao cubo todas as nossas qualidades. Que perfume marcante, significativo, exclusivo,emblemático! Feito para poucas mulheres usarem

cristina.cerghizan
cristina.cerghizan

I want to say, if someone don't like a parfume, it no need to write ugly about it. Please don't smell it, don't wear it, don't buy it! The tastes are different. Fleur de Rocaille has a very nice scent, few persons say they don''t like it, maybe they lye!

Kiku
Kiku

Proof that even a great perfume house can unleash a bad one. Have they never heard, "If it ain't broke don't fix it"? How did they make violets, lilac, roses, jasmine, and gardenias stink? This is a big, excessive, and loud perfume, lacking all the grace and subtlety that Caron is noted for. Cold, unengaging,and without heart -- it is just a smell and a VERY soapy one(too much iris?). And there is something mean and dirty in this one. One of the worst perfumes I've ever encountered. Even the bottle is awful: it is beautiful to look at but weighs a ton.

mimi.smell
mimi.smell

This is kind of classy multifloral fragrance. It containes watery notes as well and there is some honey I think, but it's not too bold. Overall LARGE FRESH BOUQUET OF FULLY BLOSSOMING FLOWERS, ... mimosa on the top.

When I'm in 'the pure floral mood' and don't want to be noticed by far, there it is ....Fleur de Rocaille. Fantastique floral smell, timeless and easily pleasing perfume. If you like florals, you won't regreat if you purchase. Stays hours and hours on my skin and I like it a lot.

Fizzy
Fizzy

Mimosa-honeyed-roses EdT with a barely noticeable hint of jasmine and some nice fruits in the opening. This is the sweetest perfume, I have ever met. There is no sharpness at all, no alcohol edge in it, just only incredible floral mimosa-roses sweetness without any vanilla. This perfume does not change its character, it stays after 5 hours still the same, maybe less mimosa and more still sweet roses and has some calming effect to me. Lasting power - the whole day, silage - strong, so apply better only on your underwear and one spritz in the neck and you are done.
I slept with this whole bottle under my pillow, because I helpless felt in love with it.

thebeautyjunkee777
thebeautyjunkee777

Blindly bought it and glad I went for it. I'm a kid from the glorious 90's. And FDR reminds me of how modern, independent, and sophisticated young adults were during that time. Glad to have something like this in a world that has succumbed to fruity-floral-candy scents.

Friesianfriendly
Friesianfriendly

This scent is powerful and won't be ignored. It's not a clean scent to my nose- idole features prominently. However, it is tame compared to Amarige by Givenchy. It has 80's-like bigness, lasting power, and sillage. It would be disturbing if worn to bed, like scent noise. That said, it has beautiful balance in its notes, like a band hitting a chord. There are greens and woody notes...almost smoked celery. These are overlaid with a slightly discordant tuberose-gardenia note and a lilac punch; it's all fused together with amber and soapy alehydes.

queops

I agree with you grottola...

Grottola
Grottola

Honeyed roses.

cinsot
cinsot

I am going to go out on a limb here and blame the lilac/mimose mix for the disposable fragranced tumble-dryer sheet aroma Fleur de Rocaille successfully emulates on my skin.

Pristine unstained and unblemished pure notes give and give and give. Not one of them dares to step out of line to take a walk on the wild side unfortunately. Not even the woods!

Tediously clean smelling.

Pleasant enough as who does not love the smell of clean linens?

I "like" this Caron offering. I can see myself experimenting with layering under/over other dirtier florals composed with similar notes in the hope of making it more attractive.

On its own there is not enough personality present to keep me engaged.

I prefer to let the brilliance of my whites illustrate my competency in the laundry. I don't need to smell the part!

rose and jasmine

passionata20
passionata20

Sadly this one is not pleasant to my nose. The top notes of gardenia and violet are not my favorite actually. In general i think it is quite bland to my nose since i prefer stronger fragrances. Very neutral and i would say even bitter-green. In my opinion smells very much like 90´s fragrance, i can imagine that it could be also a unisex fragrance as well.
I bought it by mistake, because i thought it wass "Fleurs de rocaille", so i have purchased a pure parfum concentration and really dissapointed. To me it smells like a whiskey. Maybe it has gone bad, i don´t know, but to me and my friends it smells indeed like whisley.
I don´t understand why should they put a very similar name on to completly different fragrances? It is so misleading actually! My search continues for the "FleurS de rocaille"

Please do not remove this comment, since others might find it useful. Not every review should be positive, so people like me wanted to make a blind buy might find it very informative. Thanks.

starry99night
starry99night

Very loves this parfume!:D

L'Homme Vert
L'Homme Vert

Purchased a bottle of this untested on the off chance as I like most of the earlier Caron's and appreciate the quality of raw materials & essences used by this perfume house, Thankfully my intuition paid off. The floral top and heart notes are so very complex, at first I detect violets (leaves & stems) and roses then after a brief sparkle of aldehydes the blend becomes even more complex with the entrance of gardenia ? jasmine, mimosa and two of my favorite floral absolutes Lilac & Lily. The quality of the iris (orris) is exquisite giving the whole fragrance a slightly 'figgy' dry/green fruit accord finishing with just a hint of woods (santal&cedar) + golden amber. Superb staying power and incredible sillage, also this Caron doesn't assault the senses with strong synthetic musks, milky lactones & cloying vanilla esters. Certainly not everyone's cup of tea and totally different to her older sister with the 'S' *Fleurs de Rocaille* but that's OK. I "LUV" this unusual 1993 offering from one of perfumery's most exhalted houses.
*Fleur* & Fleur's de Rocaille in my opinion are two completely, totally & utterly different perfumes !

Lady Love
Lady Love

This scent is more intense than her mother.

Fleur(s) de Rocaille (1933) is pure heaven in a bottle. Subtle, Powdery, elegant and refined. One of the best ethereal and delicate floral fragrance.

On the other hand Fleur de Rocaille (1993) is more intense, with high presence of Gardenia and Mimosa. This is an obvious 90's version, far different from the original, but it's a lovely and good floral fragrance.

There's Nothing Wrong about this fragrance, only the responsibility for carrying that name.

harlequin1572
harlequin1572

Several reviewers have mentioned a honey-like note, and on me it's annoyingly ever-present and interferes with what could otherwise be a pleasant floral. I bet it's the gardenia on top, the jasmine in the middle, and the amber in the base - all very sticky-sweet to begin with and tend to amplify each other. Maybe... who knows! The more I force myself to analyze this scent, the less I can tolerate it.

Chris v.V.
Chris v.V.

Grrrrr! When my husband went on a business trip to Vancouver, I had him visit The Perfume Shoppe (specializing in niche).

I wrote down the list of samples I wanted him to pick up. So, IN WRITING, I said, "Fleurs with an S PLURAL; NOT Fleur singular."

Sigh.

It's actually a bit annoying to my nose. Oh...there's the culprit, listed in the notes: violets and roses.

Deep breath. Thank you, honey! I love you!

I have not worn Caron's 1993 FLEUR DE ROCAILLE since my felicitous purchase of FLEURS DE ROCAILLE. My memory was that I loved this fragrance--although I see now that my 1oz edt is still 80% full. For quite some time, until fairly recently, I erroneously believed FLEUR to be the referent of the perfume mentioned in SCENT OF A WOMAN.

Now that I try the singular, newer FLEUR again, I am finding it very, very loud. This is a seriously aggressive floral, as in venus flytrap bouquet! I feel a bit overwhelmed, to be honest. This seems sharp and mean and green, almost like CABOTINE, which I have not worn in a long time, but will have to try again soon just to see...

I can imagine parading this outburst of florals on a bright sunny day, clad in a crisp white shirt and sateen capris. But today, it seems too happy, too obtrusive, too insistent to me.

What a beautiful intense floral! It smells very modern yet not gourmand or nor vanillic. Just flowers in an old mannered way with a re-vamped twist on a soft bed of cedarwood and a little amber. It is very elegant in a deluxe '80s way, but I wouldn't relate it to a precise age. It smells like thick pink flowers in a garden on a lake during summer in a beautiful ancient tidy village. It is STRONG! A little bit goes for long time and big sillage.
This is a total feminine scent. Of course, anyone can wear whatever they love, but this one on a man would smell confusing!
Not to be confused with older Fleurs de Rocaille which smells completely different, more aldehydic fresh.

Auguszta
Auguszta

This is so rich, so excessive that I have a hard time identifying single notes. They all melt into something very floral, very feminine, very sweet and very BIG. Like the scent of an entirely new flower almost. But it certainly is recognizable.
Funny how all the previous reviewers had had mixed emotions about it but by the end of the review decided that they did like it after all:) And I'm no exception. I do like it after all. I enjoy its vintage, OTT glamour (think body-hugging, gold sequined dress), its wow-factor and its honey-ish quality. I hardly ever wear it, but it's good to know I could.

guest_Elhe
guest_Elhe

Fleur de Rocaille is a strong floral with bitter honey accents, perhaps it is mimosa. It feels like this honey has been collected from some intoxicating and perhaps poisonous flowers. Reminds me of Poeme Lancome, the character and sillage are similar, only Fleur feels more synthetic somehow. It is not bad at all, I do wear it, on a cool sunny spring day with the wind blowing it works quite well, but I think it will be headache inducing in the office. And I agree that it has that 80-s, 90-s feel.

hathor
hathor

oh dear, i've bought the wrong rock!! i found this by chance the other day and forgot about the "s" which makes so much difference. they didnt have a tester so i bought it without smelling, opened it and had a squirt when i got back to the car, expecting to be transported back to the twenties, and promptly got whacked over the head by something modern which was like a thump in the face with a boxing glove. well, i think i actually like it. but it seems more 80's than 90's to me. something about it makes me think also of an expensive hairdressers that my mother used to visit in the 60's. i think this one will be a one-off for me, reminds me a bit of ysatis which i never really liked. i'll use it some more and update when i've formed my opinion completely.

longhua1313
longhua1313

It's Fleurs de Rocaille that the movie Scent of women mentioned

Enchant
Enchant

Smells a little like Downy Fabric Softener. It's very clean, floral, and comforting. Like snuggling up with a warm cozy blanket right out of the dryer. I like it!

eskarina62
eskarina62

SCENT OF A WOMAN
Can't forget the final scene when Al Paccino lovingly notes
FLOWER OR THE ROCK
so, femininity that can be smelled

Fleur de Rocaille (1993) by Caron 3.70 out of 5 based on 211 ratings and 44 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Caron Fleur de Rocaille (1993) fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Caron Fleur de Rocaille (1993), you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Fleur de Rocaille (1993) by Caron. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Fleur de Rocaille (1993) by Caron represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.