Designers » C » Floral Aldehyde « Groups

Infini Caron for women
dislike

aldehydic
Infini Caron for women Pictures

Infini by Caron was created in 1912. by Ernest Daltroff. In 1970. the perfume was reformulated, the nos behind the new version of Infini is Gerard Lefortis.

To echo and reflect the rhythm, futurism and speed of the early 70’s, Caron created a completely, original, revolutionary aroma with a base of tuberose, hyacinth and lily of the valley, all composed with notes of vetyver and sandalwood. Since it was the era of astronauts, the perfume was baptized “Infini” in honor of outer space. Its bottle, an asymmetrical sculpture designed by Serge Mansau, is hollowed out in the middle and is inspired by the mathematical sign for infinity.

Jasmine Narcissus Lily-of-the-Valley Aldehydes

Votre

Infini Fragrance Reviews

ms rochambeau
ms rochambeau

This review is for the vintage (1ate 1970's?) extrait in the artsy bottle with cut outs. Anomie et ivoire's reveiw hits the nail on the head, so I don't need to add much to her description. Even though the notes of leather and suede aren't listed, the suggestion of both is definitely there. It's also slightly smoky, which I love, giving it the feel of a smoother, creamier and less sharp vintage Bandit to my nose. Like Nocturnes, Infini seems to be one of the most underrated Carons and I'm wondering if it's because people are mostly experiencing the later, reformulated versions of it, like Leesee said. Scents like Infini are one of the reasons Caron always comes out on top as the best historical fragrance house for me. I just wish Infini lasted longer and projected a little better.

mereltje
mereltje

I have found a bottle of vintage Infini on vacation in France last year. It is an old bottle, with a white bakelite cap. It is a 250 ml bottle meant for export to America and there is still about a 100 ml left, edt.
It is a lovely smell with aldehydes, roses, lilac vetiver and jasmin. It smells divine. I'm very happy with this!

Lynne1962
Lynne1962

I also received via Ebay a vintage spray of Infini parfum!! Glorious, aldehydic white flowers. Reminds me of a more refined Amouage Gold (W). Gotta love those Caron extraits!!!

goodcupoftea
goodcupoftea

Today i received a bottle of VINTAGE Infini from Caron - 1st version. Ooooo my God, this scent is sooo beautiful - typical old school of scents...I cannot even describe of what its smells, but so far it is my favourite Caron smells. It is very expensive feminine aldehydic scent, in a way similar but much more interesting as Chanel No 5. Absolutely gorgeous, precious!!! Love it.

Alessia C
Alessia C

The scent is wonderful. Beautiful soft scent reminds me of exotic flowers with a hint of a powdery scent, Great for everyday use outdoors or office.

Soignee
Soignee

I had this perfume in 1978. It was crisp, elegant, and feminine. A bright, clean floral.

I am reviewing the perfume with the geometric cutout. I really wanted to like this one. My son liked to say "I love you to infinity". He is passed away now, but I love to remember him saying that.
Back to the perfume, I just don't care for it. It is not offensive, but there is something in it I don't like, is it tuberose? I don't know, it is unexciting and smells like a bunch of other perfumes, I've smelled before. Perhaps this is the first one of it's type, but there have been many copycats. Oscar de la renta is one that comes to mind.
Starts off very strong, and within 2 hours, I can't barely smell it. This bottle is from the late seventies, maybe it has lost some of it's notes.The bottle is nice, I will keep it for that. Yes, Leesee, I do smell the metal drydown "like the jingle of keys". I'm beginning to think that this whole white flower genre isn't for me. I have to have sexy, sultry spice and honey with my florals.

Hermesfan
Hermesfan

Slightly reminds me No. 5 of Chanel. I have too many frags of this type, this one is available for a connoisieur...

Naji
Naji

Back in 1971 I bought 1/2 oz. INFINI perfume. Suffice it to say that it was all that it was projected to be, certainly futuristic, replete with cosmic flashes. The EDT I bought recently is maturely pleasingly on my wrist, but bears little resemblance to my INFINI of yore. I'm getting whiffs of the past which is reassuring. Do I like it? Definitely. Will I buy it again? Maybe. I wish they'd bring back the 70s version. It was soooo revolutionary, a mirror of the times.

kuanyin4
kuanyin4

I have a vintage (maybe, but at least 10 yr old) bottle of edt and wore it today. If the sillage and longevity on this were better, it would be right up on my short list. As it is, I quite like it. It has a haunting quality that is quite romantic for me. I wish my spray nozzle worked better, but this one is worth reapplying, even messily.

anomie et ivoire
anomie et ivoire

This smells like Solaris. Moony, crepuscular, vaguely outerspace. Space exploration was the inspiration behind the name "Infini," but I could readily smell the suggestion of other worlds in an 80s pdt and another parfum formulation before learning of this background.

Smoky like a contained electronic desktop bonfire of the vanities. A similar feeling to vintage Miss Balmain parfum; a jolie-laide androgyny, futurism, and a suggestion of the texture of soft leather or suede--not the smell of leather itself here but the sensation of smoothness and toughness at once. Infini's aldehydes are much more bubbled and glassy than rich and soapy.

Tonka teleports in and out at random intervals in the drydown, giving flesh to a luscious, expensive, and medicinal vanilla that has nothing to do with the omnipresent gourmand vanilla of today. Caron perfumes handle narcissus and white florals unlike any other house: with a full force that unearths stark beauty, eschewing preciousness and softness in favor of visible brushstrokes.

Even though my two versions of Infini are not of Daltroff's original creation, they are classic Caron; a house characterized most of all by the olfactive embodiment of intelligence as opposed to Guerlain's show of sensualism and luxury (an exception being Mitsouko) or Chanel's market corner on the odor of elegance. Of course the typical pitting of Guerlain vs. Caron misses the point; each does something so well that the other cannot, and Infini is the android that the wooly Guerlinade could never dream.

mymlan
mymlan

Infini starts quite strange, but overall it becomes a very nice perfume. I tested it before I looked at the notes and I was thinking tobacco (yes Lady Love). I dont know if it is a vintage or new or what concentration I tested, as I inherited a decant from Mimmi.

It is a lovley sweet floral with a base note concoction that creates a tobacco smell.

Projection: medium

olga1780
olga1780

Heavy on aldehydes, but nevertheless beautiful and elegant fragrance:soft, soapy with a metallic note. Reminds me of a few fragrances: a smoother version of Madame Rochas, less sweet Byzance, Y.
I have an older packaged EDT,but it's not vintage, I don't think so.

Lady Love
Lady Love

( Actual Pure Parfum Review )

I think I like it more than Nocturnes. Both are similar fragrances, but this one is a little better and original.

This is not an agressive aldehydes scent, its pretty much a pleasant intense fragrance. Infini is Extremely elegant and sophisticated and the sillage is perfect!

I get a light and sweet-powdery tobacco note, wich i find very addictive.

adele l
adele l

The opening had that old aldehyde smell so that was worrying; thankfully it was very brief! The tuberose is subtle here(as are all the florals) lending a slightly soapy edge- Infini is actually a very gentle composition..not dirty at all. Classy and wears close to the skin. The drydown may actually contain real sandalwood because it is glorious here!

This one has some similarities with the Vie Privée vintage by Yves Rocher. Needless to say that I adore them both!

irisjetaime
irisjetaime

My mum top five favorite perfumes : Quadrille by Balenciaga, Infini by Caron, Arpège by Lanvin, Antilope by Weil, Vol de nuit by Guerlain.

Francop
Francop

Lovely warm Caron scent veering towards feminine...love it!

Sissi
Sissi

I disagree with the name Infini i see
nothing Futuristic about this fragrance
it makes you think of edwardian times
then space travel. the opening begins
with a warm aldehydic note but it has a plastic undertone dries down to a sharp lilacs and dry iris.
and the drydown of warm amber.

marielon
marielon

Oh how I love my Infini. I have a vintage parfum, from Ebay, and a modern edt. This is another one I had in the 80's and again, nothing is missing. Only, the edt is lighter and brighter, which can be expected from the difference in concentration. This one is elegant and confidence enhancing,a wonderful perfume to wear on challenging days. The flowers are light and bright, but the amber in this one adds more depth. This is a serious and mature fragrance, not an ounce of silliness. Becomes extremely subtle after 2-3 hours, but still with you.

Sunnyfunny
Sunnyfunny

Mine's the one without the eometric cutout. It says 85 deg., whatever that means. I'm completely intrigued. It isn't love at this point, but it is a floral that really makes me think.

Leesee
Leesee

Poor Infini has been through so many reformulations it is likely each of us is reviewing a different version of the scent! The Infini I had twenty-five years ago was a hugely lactonic floral with remarkable sillage and a faintly metallic drydown, like the jingle of keys on a ring -- a little edgy, a little cheerful. The version I own today still has some of that wonderful milkiness and decent sillage, but alas, the drydown jingles no longer.

Started as a classic, lovely Caron and ended as plastic flowers on me.

Gwendolyn
Gwendolyn

Elegant, sensual, beautiful.

Infini by Caron 4.16 out of 5 based on 103 ratings and 24 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Caron Infini fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Caron Infini, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Infini by Caron. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Infini by Caron represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.