Designers » C » Chypre Floral « Groups

N`Aimez Que Moi Caron for women

N`Aimez Que Moi Caron for women
dislike

To boost the morale of the troops and their Penelopes, Caron introduced this fragrance, whose name translates to “Don’t love anyone but me,” as a forget-me-not. Luscious notes of candy and violet, on a tender yet intense chypre base. N`Aimez Que Moi was launched in 1916. The nose behind this fragrance is Ernest Daltroff.

Rose Violet Lilac

iris Cedar Vetiver Sandalwood

Vanilla Amber Musk Oakmoss

N`Aimez Que Moi Fragrance Reviews

fenia
fenia

I have a decant of this and I can't stress enough how much I love it.so well blended, sensual, rosy and classy at the same time!if time travelling was possible I would go back to that era when so many masterpieces were created just to collect as many bottles as I could of this heavenly creation!

ms rochambeau
ms rochambeau

Saw a vintage, full 1/4 oz. bottle of the parfum on Ebay and jumped at it, even though the price was a bit steep for my budget.I had read several reviews, but they were so mixed that they really didn't tell me anything in the end. However, curiosity got the best of me and seeing as I have never met a vintage Caron that I didn't like, I decided to go for it. All I can say is that for the first time, I am underwhelmed by a vintage Caron. Notes of rose and lilac open first and seem to dominate throughout until the perfume dries down and fades quickly, especially for a parfum, to a kind of slightly sweet and soapy skin scent that's reminiscent of vintage Fleurs de Rocaille, another Caron. It's "nice", but where's the animalic musk and oakmoss that would have given this scent some teeth? I have to say that I'm a little disappointed and now wishing that I would have went for the Chergui, by Serge Lutens instead as like it and have been wanting a bottle of that for a while now. N'Aimez Que Mois has certainly filled one of the holes in my vintage Caron collection, but if I knew before what I know now, I could have lived without it.

Readysniffer1
Readysniffer1

Be still my heart. This is a serious, old-school beauty. I was very distracted, wearing it. Beautiful florals, with an unexpectedly sexy dry-down. This is not a chaste, powdery perfume. It's a really well-blended animalic scent. Wonderful staying power, I'm smelling last night's little dab, this morning.

celticelle
celticelle

A strangely herbal violet shows up at the beginning, certainly not the sweet , delicate, candy violet that we've grown accustomed to smelling in a typical violet perfume. There's also the wood notes from the vetiver, creating a confusing mixture of unexpected earthiness.

After about 10 minutes on my skin a beautiful rose scent begins to emerge, and it's mixed with oak moss and musk to create a beautiful chypre. A very moody, melancholic type perfume that would easily represent sweethearts separated during World War I when this was created.

The beginning is rough, but it ends up becoming a beautiful fragrance. Unlike anything modern, it really is from another time. Recommended for vintage lovers.

Marie C Sim
Marie C Sim

The name is magnificent ... the tradition was super romantic ... do I have to say that I had to try it?
I bought a decant (it was quite expensive) and just tried it tonight.
I do not get any of the candy notes ... or anything sweet... or flowery ... at all :(
On my skin I do get the sandalwood, boy do I get it :( and powdery ... it does not smell good at all on me unfortunately ...
I made my mom smell it and she immediately crinkled her nose ...
The little decant it up for grabs in a swap ...

Shimmersmom
Shimmersmom

This is gorgeous! I was a little put off at first application, but I have learned to be patient and not evaluate on first sniff, but to wait, and let the scent truly develop. Definately worth the wait. This was a sample, and I will be adding it my want list.

misslawbore
misslawbore

I have today received a sample of this perfume in the post. Let me say at the outset that I am no expert. I cannot detect violet, though I can just about detect rose. It smells good in the sample, but on my skin it's a greeny metallic disaster and smells like flyspray I would not want to use. As it is very popular it must have something to do with my skin or else there's a mistake with the perfume. I did only put it on five minutes ago, so I will keep trying with it and see what it's like in an hour.

Update: an hour or so later, the flyspray has gone, which is obviously an improvement. However, there is a sort of smell of tyres with musk and the rose, more of which might have made this scent more pleasant has now completely disappeared.

danieq
danieq

Warm, inviting, luxurious. This scent is hauntingly beautiful. The first time I tried it, I got tons of Violets. The second time, the same. This third time, from the bottle of pure parfum extrait I purchased, it's something otherworldly. It's comforting and sophisticated. I can't pick out a single note which tells me the blend is perfection. I keep sniffing my hand trying to differentiate but I simply can't. But I can tell you that it is divine. The opening is a bit abrupt, but it quickly settles down into something that seems to sort of hum along for hours and hours, it's a symphony of scent.

Briarthorn
Briarthorn

I tried this because I was looking for a violet perfume. I did not get any violet at all. Not a hint.

It is, however, the most divine rose. Soft, creamy, luxurious. It's a classic, timeless scent. Rose perfected. It's not "old" but classy, strong, like the woman of our past with steel spines and delicate hands, enduring a world men could never understand.

There are no violets in here. It's all Roses. The vanilla and sandalwood give it a creamy texture. There is also amber mingling in the base with a little oakmoss and perhaps some musk.

LLL3
LLL3

I have been lusting after this for a while and was lucky to get my hands on some to test. I actually prefer the EDP version and find it more complex. It opens with a heady mix of roses and strong, strange herbal tones which smelled like fennel and something bitter, which I attribute to sandalwood and oakmoss. Unfortunately, it smelled a lot better on the tester than my skin. It got even stronger despite my washing my arm and unfortunately, not any more pleasant, until maybe the 4th hour of wear, when it became a honeyed, amber rose that was delightful. Somehow the notes were completely jumbled in a different order with my chemistry. I will be taking this off my wishlist though I'm sure it will make someone else very happy. N'aimez que moi...I mean, aimez-moi un peu...ou pas de tout!

tmorel
tmorel

Plz help me..... I would love to purchase N'aimez Que Moi in the original bottle with the miniature scale at the bottom. I have looked everywhere to purchase this fragrance and I cannot find it. Help plz

alicerombi
alicerombi

I bought it because I love the story behind this fragrance, but until now I still didn't find the right occasion to wear It!!!Anyway I think this is one of the masterpieces everybody should have in their perfume collection!

Maman
Maman

Just received a sample of this and my goodness it is lovely.

I get a very creamy (even a little chocolatey) orange, but not sticky, just silky and delicious.

Quite gorgeous and straight to the top of my list!

Lady Love
Lady Love

( Pure Parfum Review )

I like N'aimez que moi, but the initials notes still have some of that strong metallic rose feeling that reminds me of Or et noir. Hopplessly N'aimez que moi drydown is more powdery and sweet and less metallic.

It's very longlasting and intense.

irisjetaime
irisjetaime

I bought this perfume last year in Nice.
Oh my goodness !!!! A masterpiece !!!
This was my grandmother's perfume. So many memories......

fenlady
fenlady

Truly love this perfume, which, along with Paris (YSL) and Parfum Sacre (also Caron) is one I wear frequently. I consider this group to be my "signature scents". This one opens with a rosy, violet, candied, powdery blast, but then quickly settles into a dark rose chypre. The rose isn't obvious, just a subtle, pulsing counterpoint to the woods and dark greens of the chypre. I find this fragrance superbly calming and serene, comforting in the way a walk in a deep forest beset with flowering Tudor roses would be. I wear the EdP and find it long-lasting - about 3-4 hours on me. Would love to track down its extrait version, along with Parfum Sacre extrait. One I would never want to be without.

Kterhark
Kterhark

(Parfum review)
A few miles down the road from me is the (in)famous Winchester House, built by the unfathomably wealthy widow of the Winchester fortune. If you don’t know the story, Sarah Winchester lost her husband and infant daughter at a relatively young age, and spent the rest of her life in a depressive state, haunted by the spirits of all who met their fate by a Winchester rifle.

She believed if she ever stopped building her mansion, she would die, and today the house stands as a testament to her state of mind. Staircases lead nowhere, walls are left unfinished, and after the 1906 earthquake an entire wing was made off limits as proof that the spirits were out to punish her.

The one shining exception to this shrine to insanity is Sarah’s bedroom. As you climb an uneven set of 3 inch stairs (she suffered from arthritis later in life), you stumble into a room where you are hit by a blast of opulence. Deep, red velvet tapestries cover the windows, chairs and sitting couches. Her four poster bed and cabinets are made of dark, well polished wood. The floor is made of intricately weaved overlay, and the marble fireplace is stunningly ornate.

If you tour this house may I suggest wearing N’aimez que moi. It is THE scent for this landmark, as it opens as a moth-ridden, mess of a fragrance that appears to go nowhere. But then… it turns the corner and bursts forth with an incredibly rich rose and violet accord. It’s as if you were channeling Sarah herself, who at one point was one of the wealthiest persons in America. I love this complex scent; it is mysterious, grand, and utterly original.

Lilian
Lilian

I, too, am delighted to see this one finally added to the database.

To me this starts out as an intense rose paired with a dark, deep violet; then the violet becomes more prominent, and it is a powdery purple one, soaring, as Kterhark said, not the (overly) sweet candied type found in Aimez - Moi, for example. The transition reminds me of a kiss fading into memory. The base feels woody, mossy and dark to me.

The whole experience evokes a dreamscape with echoes of some lost time, where fairy-like creatures roam, with big eyes and strong desires trapped within thier fragile bodies. And for some reason someone is playing Chopin in the background.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Caron N`Aimez Que Moi fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Caron N`Aimez Que Moi, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify N`Aimez Que Moi by Caron. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of N`Aimez Que Moi by Caron represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.