Designers » C » Oriental Floral « Groups

Piu Bellodgia Caron for women

Piu Bellodgia Caron for women

Piu Bellodgia Caron for women Pictures Piu Bellodgia Caron for women Pictures Piu Bellodgia Caron for women Pictures

Piu Bellodgia by Caron is a Oriental Floral fragrance for women. Piu Bellodgia was launched in 2013. The nose behind this fragrance is Richard Fraysse. Top notes are carnation, rose, jasmine and lily-of-the-valley; middle notes are cinnamon and cloves; base notes are cedar, sandalowood and musk.

Carnation Rose Jasmine Lily-of-the-Valley

Cinnamon Cloves

Cedar Sandalowood Musk

Billet Doux
Velvet Love
L'Heure Bleue

Piu Bellodgia Fragrance Reviews

Caron Piu Bellodgia is a beautifully blended, soft spicy floral. It has lots of beautiful rose and carnation notes, but not heavy at all. Don't get me wrong, I love rose scents, but sometimes they can seem a little heavy on me, and I have to wait until it starts to get into the cooler temperatures outside to wear them. Piu Bellodgia, I think, you can wear all year round.

Just lovely!

Surprised at only 4 other reviews for this, I had expected it to have been more widely sampled and discussed. That said I myself was very reluctant to try this one and didn't exactly rush out to sample it. I hadn't heard good things about the Caron "La Selection" reformulations and so I had felt no need to go out of my way to sample them.
Which, as ever, turned out to be my loss really. It turns out that I really like this, based on my initial sampling.

Bellodgia, the classic Caron on which this is based, is a reasonably well known vintage Caron, dating back to 1927. There are various different editions of the vintage Bellodgia floating around, as you would expect of a perfume almost 90 years old.
Bellodgia parfum is in production still, available only as an extrait now from the Caron boutiques situated in Paris & New York, but the EDT of Bellodgia is no longer in production. I'm unsure whether the extrait is currently available from the ParfumsCaron website and I don't know how readily available it is outside of the boutiques to purchase new. This seems to be an issue with ALL the Caron fragrances to be honest, which is a real shame, as they are a historic House with some incredible scents that deserve to be more widely known and loved. That said, various vintages of Bellodgia EDT are often available on ebay.

The reviews and comments I had previously encountered of Piu Bellodgia gave me the impression that Caron had obliterated one of their classics, and then attempted to cash in on the name with some substandard diluted thing that bore no resemblance to the original.
In fact this view is completely untrue! (at least in my opinion). PB is actually very close to the original, or at least the versions I have smelled anyway. That characteristic strong spicy clove-carnation is present from the outset to the late drydown, and I think I may actually prefer this new updated version, because the lily of the valley tempers the sometimes sharp strident shriek that occasionally appears in the original. This PB has a lovely floral character with a spiced edge, and the tiniest hint of musky sweetness - not sugar syrup sweetness, just a slightly sweetened floral note. Musk, ceder and sandalwood offer a sturdy support structure and give this scent longevity and throw that are fairly uncommon from new releases. I feel that there is definitely enough of the old Bellodgia present to appeal to fans of the vintage EDT and extrait, while still retaining an interesting spiced floral that would appeal to fragrant adventurers keen to try something new.
Longevity was amazing for me, wearing from a small spray sample this lasted a good 24 hours! Ok, by the last 6 or so it was very much a skin scent, but I got at least 12 hours with sillage and projection, which beats even my vintage Bellodgia decant. From a couple of small sprays I could smell this all day long, and the little wafts were delicious. I look forward to further testing this, and will get over my silly snobbery and try out the others in the La Selection lineup!

I don't much like the opening notes on this one. Maybe it is the mix of clove, cinnamon and the florals, but give it half an hour and I love it. A fluffy, airy mix of carnation, soft rose and vanilla, the spices disappear thankfully and leave something quite lovely.

Longevity is poor. Nothing unique about it in its carnation/rose category. A disappointment.

I have a love / hate relationship with this fragrance. When I first discovered it something about it reminded me of summer or sun lotion - that's a good thing, I adore the smell of sun cream - and it struck me as an unusual and sophisticated scent because or perhaps despite that!

As time's gone on I have found that it sometimes gives me a headache, so 'heavy' is that carnation note.

I'm surprised it doesn't have more reviews as it's so distinctive and memorable. Having said that I have very recently discovered another fragrance that's very reminiscent of this and that's D&G Velvet Love.

My impression is that Piu Bellodgia seems old-fashioned on skin, and if this is good or bad is up to you. Overall it has a powdery, spicy floral aroma, with something slightly fruity somewhere, some flower with a pear touch (i suspect it might be the lily of the valley accord). I dislike a sour edge that comes now and then on it, and i think that the base is very safe and don't add too much. It might work on the right woman, but i am not impressed with it.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Caron Piu Bellodgia fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Caron Piu Bellodgia, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Piu Bellodgia by Caron. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Piu Bellodgia by Caron represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.