Designers » C » Floral « Groups

Pois de Senteur Caron for women

Pois de Senteur Caron for women
dislike

Pois de Senteur by Caron is a Floral fragrance for women. Pois de Senteur was launched in 1927. The nose behind this fragrance is Ernest Daltroff. Top notes are hyacinth, tincture of rose and cyclamen; middle notes are jasmine and lily-of-the-valley; base notes are musk, sandalwood, virginia cedar, vanille and lime.

Hyacinth tincture of rose Cyclamen

Jasmine Lily-of-the-Valley

Musk Sandalwood Virginia Cedar Vanille Lime

Pois de Senteur Fragrance Reviews

therealpaloma54
therealpaloma54

I really wanted to love this, and I did, until the drydown, when all I could smell were the headshoppy incense notes coming from the base. Perhaps the base won't smell like that to everyone, but once I pick up that note, it's a definite "no" to the fume. The upper floral top notes were beautiful, lightly spicy. The dusty or grainy quality some mention here may be some special Caron base, because I have smelled that in quite a few other Carons. It verges on becoming peppery.

cgreco
cgreco

I first encountered Pois De Senteur while shopping in a high end store where I passed a couple of ladies and got caught in the wake of one of their fragrances. I thought she smelled remarkable. It seriously hit a memory chord in my brain. Reminded me of when I was about 7 years old, swimming at the pool all day and then my girlfriend's mom would draw us a bath with this great bath oil that was warm and sweet and oh so pleasant.
The second time I passed the ladies in the aisle, I got up the nerve up to ask "That scent is wonderful. What is it?". She wasn't surprised by my request, in fact she had all the info in her phone ready to show me. She told me Pois de Senteur. I ordered from NY and haven't regretted it. It has staying power; all day, 8 hours. It smells great. My husband doesn't like any of my dozens of bottles of perfume but this one he likes and says it smells very "feminine and French". That is high compliments from an unschooled nose.
This is my first Caron fragrance and I feel like I've finally found a perfumer that knows what they are doing and does it well.

Queen_cupcake
Queen_cupcake

(Pure Parfum)

Far too sweet for me! I may come to like it with more experience but for now, I have hit my powder limit ;-) Both of the reviewers Kterhawk and Lady Love have described this parfum very well. It would be a lovely evening scent for a dressy occasion.

Lady Love
Lady Love

(Pure Parfum Review)

Or et noir, N'Aimez que moi and Pois de senteur, share some interesting similiarities, may be this is caused by that tincture of rose note.

In my opinion, Pois de Senteur is more light and better than the other two fragrances.

I like N'aimez que moi, but the initials notes still have some of that strong metallic rose feeling that reminds me of Or et noir. Hopplessly N'aimez que moi drydown is more powdery and sweet and less metallic.On the other hand, Pois de Senteur is pleasant from the start to the end.

A beautiful powdery and spicy floral fragrance. Very long lasting.

Kterhark
Kterhark

This is a scent that is all about Sweet pea, which Daltroff tried to recreate with various other white flowers. Whether or not he succeeded i'm not sure, as i've never smelled Sweetpea, but I do know this smells very similar to Mona di Orio's Oiro (also a sweetpea fragrance).

Both perfumes are 'dusty' and grainy, as if you were smelling the heart of the flower through a box left in the attic for a few decades. By no means is this a bad thing, it's just unique thing if you are used to the in-your-face, no-mystery-here traditional florals. I.e, sweetpea is a more of a dry,earthy scent.

At the three hour mark this morphs into something very intoxicating. It rounds out into a fragrant, diffusive halo that has a slight sharpness to it. That would be the lime, btw, which is a brilliant addition here, as it keeps the dry down from getting too heavy.

Parting thoughts: i think this is more for the connoisseur; someone who's been walking off the beaten fragrant path for awhile and has acquired a taste for the more 'interesting' scents. This is just not a Britney Spears kind of floral. It is an Edith Piaf kind of floral. It is also a floral I will be adding to my collection.

Pois de Senteur by Caron 4.02 out of 5 based on 45 ratings and 5 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Caron Pois de Senteur fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Caron Pois de Senteur, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Pois de Senteur by Caron. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Pois de Senteur by Caron represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.