Designers » C » Oriental Floral « Groups

Royal Bain de Caron Caron for women and men

Royal Bain de Caron Caron for women and men
dislike

Royal Bain de Caron by Caron is a Oriental Floral fragrance for women and men. Royal Bain de Caron was launched in 1941. The nose behind this fragrance is Ernest Daltroff. Top notes are lilac and rose; middle notes are opoponax, benzoin and incense; base notes are sandalwood, amber, musk, vanilla and cedar.

Lilac Rose

Opoponax Benzoin Incense

Sandalwood Amber Musk Vanilla Cedar

Flower by Kenzo
Canoe for Men
Caron Parfum Sacre (2013)
Teint de Neige
Hayati

Royal Bain de Caron Fragrance Reviews

Gigi The Fashionista
Gigi The Fashionista

Fragrance Review For Royal Bain by Caron

Top Notes: Lilac Rose

Middle Notes: Opoponax, Benzoin Incense

Base notes: Sandalwood, amber, musk, vanilla cedar.

I see this fragrance as an Oriental bath oil. This is a gorgeous resinous smoky incense based scent. The benzoin, opoponax and incense come together in the heart to give the fragrance a lift and warmth, a caress like a myrrh or balsam poured over your head. Someone compared it to the nicest smelling child's head after a bath and that's exactly what I'm getting too. Smells so clean and divine like being purified in the Old Testament sense with balsam and perfumed incense. The scent lasts a long time and gives everything a sweetness around the edges. A vanilla, a rose, a lilac and sandalwood, all around the incense. Just lovely. This is unisex so anyone can enjoy it. Despite the fact that it does wear like a bath oil I don't pour this into my bath. I think of it as an evening perfume/cologne to put on after I've showered about 25-30 minutes before putting on this scent. I wear it with my formal evening clothes and it smells very formal to me. It does smell royal like a king of queen has been bathing and scenting themselves with this stuff before addressing a large crowd that will get whiffs of this beauty on them. A very beloved Caron perfume. Caron specializes in incense. They have done so many great scents that always please me. I love their Parfum Sacre. Gorgeous gorgeous incense.

Angela Agiannidou
Angela Agiannidou

Ahh! Caronade! On application you get a whiff of lilac first, that goes away soon, thank God, and it is replaced by the most comforting, alluring, delicious, spicy rose deeped in vanilla and resins!!! Oh, my world!!!! This is sweet, but resinous, no fruit salad here, spicy, oriental and addictive. You would want to go smelling your wrist over and over! There is a substantial input of Amber which lends a rather Smoky sweetness to the mix and the vanilla note is more spicy than gourmand, to my nose at least, but the overall effect is amazing! What is it about Caron?? There is a Smoky, resinous element that makes the whole composition unique and sultry. Classic! But, that's Caron! Amber, cedar and smoke create the most alluring combination that lasts and lasts! In love!!!

shushkin
shushkin

This is an oppopanax and benzion heavy hitter. The vanilla and the rose are there and very vaguely the piquant note of lilac. I can detect amber but the sandalwood is very faint. Its slightly sweet but more than that it is sort of creamy. I totally get the similarity with the smell of newly washed hair. I can also see why someone thinks its similar to Geurlain l'instant (it would need more rose) It really has good longevity and moderate sillage. I am using it to layer with other fragrances that are poor on longevity or too strong or too spicey (eg Kenzo L'elephant) to soften and round them. It was so cheap but its smells of luxury. Very nice and so comforting like a big cashmere hug!

drugstore classics
drugstore classics

Charming, comforting, pleasant... how many 'nice' adjectives describe this unprepossessing scent.

Bain de Caron is in no way impressive or striking to my nose, rather having a likable, feel-good quality that should not be dismissed. Somehow this is EXACTLY the sort of scent I would mist on the hair of a child just fresh from the bath. Boy or girl! Bain has a creaminess that mimics the best of triple milled bath soaps, yet the balsamic touch keeps it from every becoming sharp or soapy.

If scents were rated solely on comfort quality, this would be a 10. Highly recommended for that characteristic alone. Look elsewhere for earth shattering beauty or flair. The vanilla puddings of the fragrance world have their part to play too! :D

SKY AND SOUL
SKY AND SOUL

Преди да го получа, нямах представа какъв е. От мненията тук разбрах, че мирише на люляк и ванилия- доста странна комбинация! Поръчах го "на сляпо", разбира се. Все пак това е Caron! Още повече- стар, рядък аромат, еха!И когато го пробвах, разбрах, че е много идентичен с
L'Instant Guerlain!Страхотен е, много ми харесва!Чудесен, ежедневен парфюм, носещ ми увереност, спокойствие и специфично, женствено излъчване.

kammer
kammer

I found this today at my Tk Maxx for a very cheap price, so I decided to buy it, though I couldn't try it. Normally there is no tester of anything in TK Maxx... but for the price I said ti myself: why not???
First of all it reminds me a LOT of L'Instan of Guerlain, though is not that good... but has that smoky kind of oriental character that I use to like. So I'm quite ok with it, doesn't make me crazy, but it's possible that it will happen with time.
I don't find the vanilla so overwhelming as many people says, which is quite good cause I don't like vanilla at all. But thankfully is not. In fact I even don't find the fragrance strong at all, I rather say that is quite discreet. I thought it would disappear in a couple of hours, but at least on my skin, the staying power is absolutely remarkable.

There's only one thing that I find a bit awkward: the bottle is a bit cheap... I mean the paper label, the cap made in plastic... I would not expect such thing from a brand like Caron.

Aleccsei
Aleccsei

THE ROYAL BATHROOM OF PRAYERS
_______________________________________________________

Ever since I was a child, I loved lilac. I loved the lilac trees, the lilac bushes, it's overwhelming strong scent, it's colour ... simply everything. One of the best features, even nowadays, that I simply love about the lilac, is that a lot of people don't like it.

It's almost the same with 'ROYAL BAIN DE CARON'. With ease Caron built a wonderful lilac shrine. But it's more that just a shrine. It's almost a fortress, with thick pillars made of opoponax and benzoin. And the shrine is being guarded by defensive towers made of mysterious imperial vanilla and gorgeous sandalwood.

At the end of the day, you will come to do, what all others have done before you at a shrine. You pray. You pray and thank the wonderful God of Caron for letting you witness the wonder that is LILAC.

Overall: Just like religion, ROYAL BAIN is not for everyone. It is inceredibly strong, with huge sillage and even an obnoxius longetivity. It's powdery, very sweet and very 'in your face'.

Longetivity: - 20/10
Sillage: - 8/10

All in all: 9 out of 10 points.

jean-marc sinan
jean-marc sinan

There are many things I love about this fragrance. One of the first that draws me in is the fact that many online retailers don’t know whether to classify it as a masculine, a feminine, or unisex fragrance. Fragrantica says it’s for women and men. Great. That says it all, about the fragrance’s character anyway -- it must be for all genders. The dominant fragrance impression on my skin, what is most noticeable at first, is a sweet powdery lilac with woody undertones. But it’s kind of a ripe melon-lilac scent (just thought of Jasmin-Lilas from Jean Charles Brosseau, but instead of floral, a melon note that I always associate with Edmond Roudnitska). I have a kind of substantial and still growing collection of perfumes, all of which I use and try to study. A perfumer I like, DSH, once told me that it is not important to be able to pick out notes and accords when experiencing a perfume, she said it’s much more important how the perfume makes you FEEL. I think Royal Bain de Caron is a weird perfume, bit on the dandyish masculine side, but really more just a quirky perfume for people who like a bit of an ‘edge’ to their perfumes. A good weirdness. I think the cedar in this is also drawing me in. I often read that people don’t like cedar in perfumes, but I find it mostly irresistible. “Bal a Versailles” and such. “Royal Bain de Caron” is a grand perfume, too. A grand perfume for everyday use. Dynamic, and really (also due to not so strong sillage or lasting power) reminds me of being bathed in sparkling champagne. I know it’s been reformulated and is only a shadow of it’s former self (witness also cheap prices for big bottles) but I am guessing that when these ‘cheaper’ bottles are gone, then even this weak-photocopy-of-a-scent will be missed.
By me anyway…(I have owned every Caron masculine except for “Yuzu Man”...it took me years to understand that this one (Royal...) was not weak, and was worth owning and studying. I am a true novice when writing about perfumes, I want to share an ‘attitude’ more than anything else)

Beaufort
Beaufort

Just bought a vintage bottle.

I get tonne of vanilla, which dries down to the richest, deepest bourbon vanilla I have ever smelled.
This may not be to everyone's taste, but definitely worth sampling.

johngreenink
johngreenink

Royal Bain in its modern version is nothing short of a men's delight. It may be quite different from what it was before, or not quite what it was, but as it is now, it's a truly delightful floral barbershop-style vegetal of vanilla powdery goodness. I keep waiting and waiting for that dull, rubbery sour note that so many similar cheaper scents eventually have (and usually quite quickly) But Royal Bain never goes there. It remains sweet, floral, and just slightly woody in the base.

As it evolves over a few hours, it takes on a nice deep fruity edge - almost like the scent of apple peels that have oxidized for a little while - a kind of sugary, ripe sweetness that almost smells a bit like wine or cider, but all in a very pleasant and refined way. The base remains very rich and almost buttery.

As I type, I'm at about 3 hours wearing time - Royal Bain still smells great, just slightly diminished and gentler now. I thought at first that this might just be something you splash on in the morning to be followed by a proper scent later in the day but this could work as a 'most of the day' scent, I think. Spring florals are close at hand!

A. Rose123
A. Rose123

Now I understand why I love Caron scents so much and it's a quality I've found in Patou scents, as well: They all have that liquid gold, honeyed base of musk and resins that gives even the most sparkling, effervescent top florals some heft and warmth. Even dark, chypre notes in Caron's "Nuit de Noel" avoid seeming macabre because Caron's warm, honeyed base always makes the blend seem alive, familiar and intimate.

So it is with "Royal Bain" which smells more like mead to me, than champagne, with its smooth, glossy sweetness and fresh, floral overtones. The lilac note is sweet but not unbearably so and it has a very nostalgic, "plastic doll heads" vibe that I think will resonate, personally, with children of the 80's and 90's because that is what toys smelled like at that time. I adore this scent because of that very nostalgic, cozy vibe and also for the salty amber base that reminds me of the ambergris, banana jam and honeyed rose of Jean Patou's "Joy". In fact, I'd peg "Royal Bain" as "Joy" with lilac as the starring flower, rather than rose.

Oh, Caron, you have earned your prestige. Signed, "Another Adoring Fan".

Osmo
Osmo

seriously, is it drinkable?? smells so sweety yammy !!!
(not sure if i want to smell that yammy though :D)
historical for sure!

This is as classic as floriental amber gets but for all it's 'classicness' it's quite odd.
Dated is the word for this one, seriously dated. The floral opening (must be lilac?) is actually quite pleasant but not to my taste. Then the heart of this fragrance is opoponax, benzoin and vanilla.
It's very balmy and powdered I sort of love it. Royal Bain represents the warm elements I love in perfume but somehow it's not something I could wear.
I can't explain it...there's a certain stigma to it.
On my skin a bit strange but I could imagine it being incredible in a hot bath so I've purchased it for my girlfriend for christmas.

ErinBerry
ErinBerry

After reading Luca Turin's review slamming the modern formulation as a "metallic flower", I got a hold of a vintage 1961 bottle of this fragrance. Comparing it to the current version, it's less sweet (but still pretty sweet) and richer and smoother. It's different, but not very different. They still smell alike - it's not like it's been warped into something unrecognizable or anything - I don't get LT's hate. The vintage "Bain de Champagne" is nice to have, but the modern version is perfectly fine too.

likes2paint
likes2paint

I bought this fairly cheaply at TKM and it is such a lovely sweet fragrance on me. I keep reaching for the bottle, and just want more! It feels quite addictive to me. Oh dear...

Shwets
Shwets

Tried this today from a splash bottle in TK Max.
Lovely tobacoo type scent lighter than Tabac Blonde.
Nothing like Kenzo Flower on my skin.
Sillage is minimal.

Mary-Jayne
Mary-Jayne

Oooh, this was a nice find!
This was one of those spur of the moment blind buys, you know the ones, you are browsing through an online retailers catalogue and add a couple of things you've been meaning to try to your basket, when you see it "people who bought this also bought..." and it is something you have never heard of, so I thought, sod it, at this rate I may wind up on the streets but at least I'll smell good!

Fun bottle, mine is the 125ml splash edt. I mean, it is verging on the tacky, but in a fun way. The scent itself is really beautiful, sweet but not in a gourmand, fruity or sickly way. Elegant, feminine, pretty, gentle, I like this a lot, the only reason it is not a "love" was that I have only just tried it, so need to see how it wears (day off today so it hasn't had a true test run yet!), and because I am less keen on the splash bottle. Ok so I have 125ml, but it isn't the easiest bottle I found I had to basically shake it into my palms and apply, like an aftershave. Except not to my face. But it is not the most efficient. I may decant some into a little atomiser.

I tried this in the bath today, added a capful to the water and it did smell lovely and luxurious. Himself even decided to join me ;) so at least it didn't repel him! Left a gentle lingering scent on the skin for about an hour after. I then applied some a la the method described above, and it lasted about 4-5 hours I think. Little hard to say as it turned cool tonight so I put on yesterdays jumper with traces of violet blonde and cabochard on it!

This was very nice. Would like in an edp spray. I will be interested to try other Caron scents on the basis of this.

Redbeard
Redbeard

This really does have a brief champagne "sparkle" at the very top that seems to involve honeydew. The middle starts to resemble C. Howard's square violet-flavored candies, which are very unique in their sharply floral smell and taste. Later on, a base of mostly vanilla remains, with a little leather and flowers. This one is too feminine for me, though it might not be for some guys, and a lot of women might like it. I could see the appeal of its "old money" flapper-era nostalgia, not the least in its unique bottle, but I personally couldn't use it; it's just too over-the-top sweet and anachronistic.

Daisycat18
Daisycat18

A nice inoffensive scent

Ivyswirl
Ivyswirl

My god this is sweet! As a femele wearing this, I'm shocked to think that this is supposed to be for men and women! When someone described this as 'tooth rotting' I assumed that it would be sweet and slightly heady and floral like Penhaligons Ellenesia but 'tooth rotting' really was quite accurate and not a overstatement!

On the other hand, I'm not saying I dislike it, it does have a nice lilac bush scent with rose and vanillaa subtle hint of incense, almost candied. But I believe you really need to be in the right mood for this as a perfume. I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole if I felt a headache coming on but on occasion it would make a delicious sneaky sweet indulgence!

As for price, I got 250mls of this for just under £20 from eBay, so very good value for money if nothing else! It's a pretty recent formulation and might I add that it was a splash not a spray!

Would I buy it again? Probably not, as whilst I like Caron a a house and their unique scents, I would rather stock up on their 'parfum sacré intense' as its a bit spicier and easier to wear.

As for a bath product I will test it and update soon!

UPDATE:

Well despite my initial shock over the sweetness, I just can't help reaching for this on a regular basis! It really rather grew on me! I'd happily buy more if I'm honest now as not only do I like it as a EDT but it does make for a gorgeously scented bath.

Rather surprisingly I even had really good feedback from my husband and mother which is rather rare!

bossontherun
bossontherun

There is something about this perfume that keep me coming back....I am having quite a lot of bottles myself and Royal Bain was always out of my pick but irronically there was also nothing that could make me miss madly. I even went angry on that day when I miss her so much but could not find her anywhere, turned out she was borrowed by my girlfiend (Royal Bain rocks on women too) Arghh!!!

farang
farang

I like Caron....too. But I didn't like this one. It may be the current formulation, since I haven't tried the vintage. The current one smells too artificial and synthetic to me.

goodcupoftea
goodcupoftea

it is increadibly gorgeous delicious parfume - if i would call it - it smells of "caramel", "bon-bons" "ananas" - it simply say nothing. The smell has a big palitre of notes...it smells delicious, happy, expensive, musky and vanilly. It is also one of Caron's creation which EVERYBODY like without exception (as most of the Caron's scents are not everybody taste - but they ARE ALL trully UNIQUE experience and gorgeous!) I LOVE CARON!!!!

Yourfoxiness
Yourfoxiness

What an odd scent. I don't quite know how to describe it, lilac which gives me a very "old fashioned" vibe, like the charm of lilac bushes sharing their scent through an open, lace curtained window. This perfume feels "shady & cool" despite all of the warm, resinous ingredients. It is a very soft scent on the skin, as previous reviewers have described. I'm really having quite a feeling of nostalgia here, how the cool scent of lilac bushes in the shade melds with resins & vanilla here, I would have expected to be absolutely repulsive! But, it is really beautiful! I'm surprised, & taken aback to be honest. It's dainty, well mannered & old fashioned in the best possible way. Not for everyone, that's for sure. I have a feeling a lot of sweets lovers would not be enchanted by this contrasting elixir, but I'm definitely intrigued enough that I think I want a bottle! It reminds me of simpler days, sunshine, lace & lilacs. Warm skin, a pleasant nap on a crochet pillowcase, this beautiful scent. Delightful! It's very close to the skin, so do not expect sillage here, this perfume is for you. It's definitely for me! I think I want to try it in the bath too. It progresses to a sweeter & softer scent which eventually starts to lose the cold edge of lilac & settles to a delightfully comforting skin scent.

lovingthealien
lovingthealien

I just took a steaming bath with three capfuls of this glorious elixir mixed in. It was pure magic, and I smell intensely of sweet musk and incense now. I was trying to wake myself up (I didn't sleep very well) but this has all but put me completely to sleep. Three capfuls seems to be too much, though, and it's very intense after drying off. Next time I think I'll try one capful and work my way up!

Lady Love
Lady Love

I don't smell the 'precious vintage', i try the current version and this is Caron at its worst. I'm not saying this smell terrible, it has a pleasant dry down, just i was expecting a better scent.

polecat
polecat

I have the reformulated EDT of RBdC as pictured.

OK so I was half expecting a total disaster with this one...which it isn't BUT it is VERY unusual.

ON THE SKIN:
The scent is very mild, more like an EDC than an EDT in my opinion. Initially there is a blast of tooth-rotting lilac-rose-loukhoum floral scent that almost resembles bubblegum. This recedes relatively quickly into a very soft powdery incense, I get a tiny bit of amber, but not near enough for this to be a love.

RBdC rapidly recedes to a skin scent but lingers gently on the skin for quite a while with a gentle vanilla incense which occasionally you might catch a whiff of. Not unpleasant but in no way is this going to knock you off your feet.

Longevity: 5.5/10
Silage/projection: 2/10

IN THE BATH:

Now THIS is more like it!
When poured into the bath this scent is transformed, you can sit basking in the scent of a lilac bush, eating rose-water scented sweets and letting wisps of pale incense float past you.

When you finally drag yourself from the hot bubbling waters a cool splash of RBdC over your skin and you feel like you are wrapped in a pastel blanket, ready to curl up by a warm fire and drift off into pleasant dreams.

Luxury factor: 8/10
Bath quality: 9/10

IN CONCLUSION:
I highly recommend this as a luxury bath scent to be used on special occasions but as a skin scent there are better perfumes out there.

In fact, I added the tiniest hint of musk from my aroma chemicals and it makes the scent stick around far longer on the skin so perhaps there is good potential for layering here with a fixative, but alone this scent is a very cute, simple cologne with unicorns on the bottle!

LuluSaintly
LuluSaintly

Well, what a weird perfume. I can't speak for the modern reformulation as I'm wearing a vintage spray version, probably about 1965-ish, when it was still called Royal Bain de Champagne (slender bottle with a black top, and so much resin crusted around the nozzle that I had to clean it out with a toothpick). The top notes were startlingly green and unpleasant, like a snapped daffodil stem, and it took a good half hour for the more delicate lilac notes to come out. But what I get above all, to me, smells like hay absolute - Chergui on steroids - and is utterly delicious, with a grassy, tobacco-y, smoky quality. Now, about two hours in, it's becoming sweeter, with more of the skin-scent feel that I like so much in Caron perfumes - butter-vanilla-toffee-amber oozing from the skin. But what on earth is really in this? I have four sprays on my wrists and that is two too many - this is a perfume that needs a light hand, as it's very strong.

kflinta
kflinta

I remember smelling this on guys and thinking yum-yum. One day I bought a bottle because I wanted to smell yummy too! Maybe the formula changed or my dislike of vanilla and sweet are more defined. Alas, it wasn't for me.

9-na
9-na

A present, modern Bain. It was one of those scents good for my personal days of laughter, because I could smell lemonade when I wore it, and people around me - "something nice, of sweets and cream".

Finisterle
Finisterle

Caron's old bath candy beats Penhaligon's Hammam Bouquet in luxurious development and costs much less. I am very pleased with my bottle which is the reformulated version. There are several Caron fragrances I would buy again, and this one, because it fills an old romance niche, is one of them. Carry on Caron :)

LANIER
LANIER

Royal Bain de Caron for me was a major disappointment. The wonderful champagne design bottle is really nice and fun but beyond that there is not much to say. Too light of a touch and what does touch me is the sweet powder that for me just does not sit right. I like powder in some other scents but not in Royal Bain de Caron

The ingredients such as opoponax, benzoin, incense, sandalwood and rose seem like they would create a wonderful old world magic and even majesty but alas it falls short. This was a blind buy for me and usually I have been successful in that endeavor. You have to expect a few disappointments along the way when you blind buy so I will save this for maybe a nice after shower splash. (It really fades fast on me.) and then layer something more to my liking over it.

It doesn’t smell bad. It just doesn’t have panache. There is no mystery to this light watery concoction.

Two silver stars **

mimi.smell
mimi.smell

Royal powdery floral vanilla, that's what this perfume is, however I could swear I smell some civet among the ingredients. Therefore, despite all very comforting pleasant sweet notes, Royal Bain is not so easy to wear IMO. But choosing the rigt time, I always find it excellent, specific and so unusual powdery soft. Actually I love it!

It's always fun to review perfumes from the house of Caron, because everyone knows that everything that anyone says may well be true—about their specific formulation! In this case, my generous vial of ROYAL BAIN DE CHAMPAGNE bears the original name (before the champagne police filed another law suit, or did this one precede CHAMPAGNE/YVRESSE?) and came in a box with the reference/batch #Q6961492 GE.

All of this means, of course, that I can blather on with impunity, with no danger of anyone charging me with anosmia, since the likelihood that anyone reading these words has a sample from this very batch is no doubt vanishingly small. With this feeling of liberation to galvanize my spirit, let me begin by saying that I really had no idea whatsoever what this fragrance was about. The original name, to begin with, was all wrong—at least as regards the contents of my vial from batch #Q6961492 GE. Far from evoking images and memories of champagne, this bain would appear to be filled with chopped up leaves of wilted tuberose. It's not really tuberose, I realize, given the notes said to be in the original perfume, but that's what the overall effect is to my nose, a sort of pseudo-tuberose: thick and tuberose-esque without however approaching the heights (and authenticity) of FRACAS or CARNAL FLOWER. Key word here: thick.

How can she be detecting a thick pseudo-tuberose note in a fragrance devoid of tuberose? you may ask. Probably in the same way that a monkey sitting in front of a typewriter for an infinite amount of time would eventually produce all of the works of William Shakespeare. Just keep mixing the components up again and again, and forget the recipe, and let someone else throw in his two cents' worth of advice, and then start again, and fiddle some more, and eventually, when all the planets are correctly aligned, a vial drawn from batch #Q6961492 GE will find its way into the hands of a single sniffer, on a day with the right humidity, who has precisely the chemical components in her body created through the digestion of eggplant and garlic sauteed in sesame oil and served with sticky brown rice. That person, and that person alone, will smell pseudo-tuberose in ROYAL BAIN DE CHAMPAGNE, batch #Q6961492 GE.

It's not bad, I think, but in order to fairly evaluate this scent, I'll need to try it in a bath. There's no point in complaining that an apple's not an orange, after all. If, as legend has it, ROYAL BAIN DE CHAMPAGNE was composed to be used as a surrogate solution for the champagne with which some wealthy gent scented his baths, then it really must be tested in those waters. I may have to acquire a bottle for that purpose. Do try this at home!

talnyc
talnyc

This is a sophisticated, classic fragrance. I bought it an used it maybe 5 times over the several years since I have purchased it. For me, it is too powdery. The sandalwood note is very strong and I really am not a fan of powdery scents. I bought it at the time as this was something that my Aunt used to wear and I loved it on her. It was my homage to her. A very mature, classy scent. I would say the Estee Lauder Private Collection is another classic fragrance. This scent also reminds me of Champagne perfume by Yves Saint Laurent, which I cannot find on this site.

Majesty
Majesty

What an amazing champagne scent this is!Warm,confortable,not too sweet,it has the right amount of sweetness!I smell lilac,resins,spicies and a bit of vanilla at the drydown.I have only tried the reformulated version,so I can't imagine how beautiful is the vintage version!It's hard to describe it,slightly powdery,a bit sweet,smooth just like an expensive bottle of champagne!Very special definitely eccentric!Lasts long too!It is love!!

vanillabean23
vanillabean23

I was a bit dubious about this one at first, now I love it. It's a powerful (more on the feminine side than the masculine side), sweet knockout! I love the longevity and the bottle is quaint too! If I could drink it - I would!!

dreamcatcher
dreamcatcher

I've got a vintage version of that fragrance, yet called Royal Bain de Champagne. And that's what it really is - some good dry champagne made of ripe sun-warmed grapes with soft musk undertones...

angel6
angel6

I agree with Stella by Starlight, it is harsh and synthetic, some other reviewer compare it wiht Flower by Kenzo, and I think Flower is much easier to wear then RBC.
I bought Royal bain de caron blind and regret it.Awful mess.2/10

ROBERTO
ROBERTO

I love Royal Bain de Caron. Great lasting power and sillage. Another masterpiece from the venerable house of Caron

stella by starlight
stella by starlight

quite awful. oldish, strange, not pleasant, harsh and synthetic. something between hairspray and insecticide.

jae
jae

This is awfully comfortable. It's sweet, slightly powdery and floral all at once. I'm surprised that this is so inexpensive! Personally, I find this to be of a much higher quality and composition than fragrances of similar compositions. Sometimes, there really is no substitute for the original. I picked up a 250ml bottle (probably enough for a lifetime in my collection). Body heat gives this classic a seductive sillage. I'm sure that this will get any man or woman followed. I love how balanced this is on my skin. None of the notes overpower the others. This would be a pure joy to spray (enter decanting) and I'm glad to have this part of perfume history. This is my gateway to the house of Caron.

uninco
uninco

The whole story of how I've got this parfume is weird. I was in the shop to try it and the saleswoman instead of spraying it on my wrist, sprayed it in to my eye! I hope, accidentally... She was so sorry, that just has sold me a bottle for 20 Eur. And... I like it. It is so sweet, but the same time bitter. It's very unusual. And I can't stop sniffing myself. I can't tell what exactly unusual in this scent, but it is just not like others. I've worn it already two times and I'm very satisfied with this purchase.

Upd. The parfum smells like he doesn't know, what he wants: to be sweet or bitter, angel or devil-like... I love It! It is a part of me and it reflects my individuality so exact.

Wafa
Wafa

I sampled it in dubai a week ago after reading reviews , and all i can say is that is a very different fragrance it last 24 hours at least even if u shower u can still smell it , i dont think i can wear these kind of frangrance ,, the lady offerd me the big bottle which looked like a beer bottle for half price but i wouldnt buy it ,, it's for bold people .. weird

MirabelleJee
MirabelleJee

What I have is the same bottle as on the picture, a splash bottle with "Royal Bain de Caron" written on it and no "champagne" is mentioned. It's warm, sweet, powdery and with a light incense note. Not nasty or overwhelming. I like it very much, it's my favorite sweet fragrance.
P.S. After gathering some information I've found out that the Royal Bain de Champagne was the previous name of this fragrance (which was started in 1941). The modern is without "champagne". Hope I'll be lucky some day to find the old version.

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

I’m sure this is the new formula since it’s a recently acquired sample. I’ve never smelled the old version, so have nothing to compare it to. The sample vial was labeled Caron Royal Bain de Champagne, but I’m pretty sure it’s the same as the “Bain de Caron” listed here. When I first put it on, I immediately smelled candied violets that seemed very light and … yes, bubbly and transparent. However, it quickly developed a harsh note that reminded me of paint remover and lasted for about 10 or 15 minutes. After that the scent became gentler and lighter again, like clover, honey, and - something really odd in the sillage. Then it struck me. Banana pudding! The kind they serve in the US South with lots of vanilla, sliced-up grey, mushy, overripe bananas, and soggy vanilla wafers at the edges. It’s absolutely disgusting as a dessert, but in BdC it’s lovely. It’s as if a banana were transformed into a clean, frothy, vanilla and violet flavored mousse without any of the funky aspects of the banana smell. This is an unusual, light, cheerful scent that I think would be nice sprayed on rather than dabbed.

marielon
marielon

I have a sample from mid summer 2009, and just purchased a vintage bottle. The new sample, on my left hand, has incredible staying power, a delicious, powdery, sensual, almond-y lilac note. The vintage formula, on my right hand, smelled identical, at first, but after an hour hour, the powdery lilac has muted. And, the formula on my right hand makes me sneeze, whereas the modern one, on my left hand, does not make me sneeze. There you have it. Both are beautiful. The modern formulation has more depth and staying power. An hour on into the drydown, it has a nice hot chocolate kind of quality. I was about to say no chocolate on my right hand, but yes, it is there-- a slight chocolate on the vintage version drydown. Maybe nuttier and richer on the modern formula, with a touch of the tabac blonde vanilla pipe tobacco. I think both versions are absolutely wonderful. The old one seems more floral. I actually prefer the new version.

Omnia_Insomnia
Omnia_Insomnia

I'm the lucky owner of the old formulated perfume. It's a warm powdery close-to-skin scent, very nostalgic and romantic yet sophisticated and full of life.

Juliette has a gun
Juliette has a gun

This used to be one of the most beautiful perfumes on the planet, but has been reformulated - and is a shadow of what it used to be. Nevertheless, it still has a charming, powdery touch to it, and the topnotes still speak of champagne and sparkle in the rain...
So much better than Flower by Kenzo which copied its structure, and still a very extravagant choice.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Caron Royal Bain de Caron fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Caron Royal Bain de Caron, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Royal Bain de Caron by Caron. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Royal Bain de Caron by Caron represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.