Designers » C » Leather « Groups

Tabac Blond Caron for women

Tabac Blond Caron for women
dislike

leather
Tabac Blond Caron for women Pictures Tabac Blond Caron for women Pictures Tabac Blond Caron for women Pictures

A homage to women’s liberation, this subtly ambiguous and provocative fragrance combines leathery top notes usually found in men’s fragrances with an eternally feminine floral bouquet. As such, it can be shared by men and women.

The great perfumer and the founder of the house of Caron, Ernest Daltroff, created Tabac Blond in 1919. It is a fragrance for women who smoke cigarettes, since a cigarette was, at that time, the perfect symbol of freedom and chic of a Parisian woman. The perfume elegance is based on the unique combination of leather, tobacco leaves and vanilla. This is a “dry” perfume with an intense note of smoke. The perfume notes are: leather, carnation, lime blossom, iris, vetiver, ylang-ylang, cedar, patchouli, vanilla, ambergris, musk.

Carnation Leather Lime (Linden) Blossom

Cuir Fetiche

Tabac Blond Fragrance Reviews

ParfumAmour
ParfumAmour

Sweet, heavenly leather. Warm, spicy, and thrilling waves enthrall me. Hidden notes in this could easily be cloves, frankincense and brandy. A few drops make me giddy and take me to an incense filled church, flowers on the altar, with an atmosphere of aged intensity. If ever a perfume could make you drunk, it is this. This is in the realm of Habanita by Molinard, and Sahara Noir by Tom Ford. I love them both, and I love this.

bamboowu
bamboowu

Review of vintage parfum

And the "Love affair" with this fragrance begins……

How do I describe this, something this beautiful something this timeless. Not knowing what to expect I tried this beauty on my skin and the first impression was I have smelt this before and now I know what this mysterious fragrance finally is. A beautiful leather fragrance, a supple beautiful soft leather ... Then a smokyness, this is what first touches my senses. Then a beautiful fresh smelling tobacco intermingles, and dances with the leather. It warms with the skin and just continues to become better and better, then enter the vanilla. Oh how smooth, and just soft and beautiful this fragrance Is. Had I known how beautiful this fragrance is I would've found it long ago. It is all women, but yet there is a little tomboy somewhere within. It is not harsh I found to be very smooth very pleasant, very beautiful. I do think that this is something that can be worn by a male or female, it would be delicious on either gender.

Sillage is wonderful, and protects several feet around me, enough that people notice and comment that it is a beautiful fragrance, the lasting power of this fragrance is also magnificent as I continue to smell this fragrance hours later.

Why oh why do they always discontinue making something this beautiful.

misslawbore

The only trusted way to buy this scent is to go into a high end department store like Fortnum and Mason's or Harrods in the UK and see it decanted before your eyes from one of the large Lalique flacons into a beautiful bottle of your choice (there are several including gold, silver and mauve and blue glass). The half a dozen or so large flacons (probably containing more than a litre each of scent)with their tiny taps are displayed in a semicircle in their own space on a white bar counter on Fortnum & Mason's beauty floor at the perfume end by the spiral staircase.But you are not getting a beer here! The heavenly Tabac Blond is in one of those beautiful flacons. You are served by one of several very smartly dressed men who patrol the perfume end. Surprisingly there were no women in charge of perfume that day. When I asked why, I was told that men know more about perfume and that most noses are male.Well that me put in my place! You might be surprised to discover the price - just £75 for the EDP and about £25 for the refillable bottle (but I chose the more expensive gold metal one because I did not want it to maybe break inside my handbag). This is expensive but considering the quality of the scent and compared to the cost of perfumes from other houses like Creed and Roja Dove for example, it's very good value. The scent itself just cannot be faulted; it achieves a unique balance of leather/tobacco and floral notes by some miracle. If you want to find the Caron flacons in Harrods, they are not in the huge perfume hall on the ground floor. You have to go to the Salon de Parfums on the 6th floor and navigate your way through the Beauty Salon to get to it. You enter a dark low lit black marble walled sanctuary with sofas and the most expensive perfumes are displayed like precious museum pieces behind glass. Quite an experience and you need a bit of bottle to walk into it as it is so exclusive and you will also be immediately approached. But when you talk to the (male again) assistants, if you are even a bit knowledgeable about perfume, you will be welcomed, even if you don't buy any

collectyourdead
collectyourdead

When I first received this and sniffed, It was instantly something I'd smelled many times throughout my life, but I'd never known it was Tabac Blond all these years. I've applied it both on paper and on skin, and in short this is what I get; Heavy, leathery, smokey (like tobacco) and dry - all with a floral-woodiness to surround it.
. . .This gives me a headache if I'm exposed for more than 5 minutes, mostly due to how loud of a scent as it is. (and this was just from a drop on the wrist).
There's no doubt that this is a high-end fragrance, although, if it was softer somehow, I think i'd be able to appreciate it more. Unfortunately this is nauseating to me.

I think you either will love this scent or hate it.
But regardless, the sillage is enormously heavy and the longevity is excellent!
This is certainly worth trying, but do buy a sample first to see if you love it. . or not.

9154mf
9154mf

I didn't buy this was sent a sample. I wouldn't wear this if it were the only perfume in the world. Smoky tobacco leather, then powder. My first sniff I thought, oh they've made a frag that smells like a gas station! Reminds me of petrol. I'm sure it's well done and all but no, just no.

jhane moon
jhane moon

I first tried this potion in the 80s, having received it in a set with Nocturnes, Belladogia, and Fleurs de Rocaille. Startling in contrast to the perfumes I knew, Tabac Blond was made of old leather jackets, just lit pipe tobacco, unknown herbs and plants with the freshly turned soil clinging to the roots, ambergris and vanilla, and something sharply citric that quickly dried and softened, but remained. Intriging in its complexity, strength, and lack of convention, it was less a perfume than a state of mind. Truly a magical, matchless gem of a perfume.

CatherineLaundon
CatherineLaundon

This is a review for the current formulation of Tabac Blond Pure Parfum Extrait.

Scent opens with powdered carnations and a creamy leather. The leather is strong on my skin, with an animalic, almost masculine undertone that reminds me of an old leather wallet my dad used to have, if it had been softened in vanilla and white musk. There's a sharpness running through this fragrance which i guess is probably the lime.

The famous tobacco note is actually quite abstract. It smells like the dry, powdered paper in an empty packet of cigarettes, as opposed the smokiness i was expecting. There's no actual tobacco here, just the memory of it. A scented imprint of where it once was.

Another reviewer commented that it was like sweetened, scented makeup powder. This is so powdery a floral, you can almost taste it in your mouth. Old lipstick, cigarette paper, dry tobacco leaves and a creamy floral scent. I imagine a night at the opera or a late night cinema outing (when going to the cinema meant dressing up in furs and gloves).

1/4ml of Tabac Blond Extrait lasts easily past 12 hours on my skin, at a moderate silage. Which is just as well, as a 15ml bottle of this could set you back £120 or more!

I have mixed feelings about Tabac Blond. It's quite lovely enough (though powdery scents generally aren't my thing), but it doesn't 'wow' me. It's not as smoky or as dark as I thought it would be, and a lot less interesting. To be fair, the version I have is the current formulation which I am aware is quite different to the vintage one that everyone raves about. I like this scent, but not enough to justify its rather large price tag, nor am I a frequent guest at the sorts of events that would call for such an expensive scent. I also feel that at 20, I am too young for this fragrance. A glamorous 30+ would suit.

However, what is considered expensive to one is no expense to the other. So if you have the means definitely give it a go! If my circumstances change, I would definitely consider buying this perfume again.

stacia79
stacia79

How I learned to love leather. When it's done right it is soooo right. No tobacco in this perfume but the combination of leather, vanilla and spicy carnation, backed up with patchouli, vetiver and cedar...it creates the effect of the world's finest unlit cigarette. There is such elegance in this. On skin, the carnation blooms and you won't smell like an ashtray, you'll smell like a million bucks. This was created the year women finally won their right to vote and it conjurs up the spirit of those independent chicks voting in President Warren Harding because he was like, such a babe.

ParfumFetiche
ParfumFetiche

This review is based on a tiny decant of the current EdT. On my skin and to my nose, I get mostly incense and cedar on top, which reminds me a bit of Breath of God by Lush but without the melon note. Carnation joins in moments later and then dries down to powdery vanilla. Although I have not tried the original vintage formulation, this isn't as bad as some suggest IMO. I quite like it. Projection and longevity are moderate on my skin.

nero77
nero77

Totally speechless...

What an incredible masterpiece this is! Like gold or pearl necklaces, and dresses made from finest black velvet. This is a perfume which has to be not smelled but rather experienced!

Tabac Blond (I'm reviewing the Eau de Parfum here) was released in 1919 (same time as the legendary Mitsouko by Guerlain) as a perfume for women who smoked! It was a revolutionary concept, and also a revolutionary perfume in many ways because firstly, it was the first time that leather had been used in a woman's perfume and secondly, this was one of the very first tobacco fragrances! I think it's more revolutionary than Mitsouko though.

It's a hard one to explain but I'll try to. What you get is dry, soft tobacco, like the paper which lines a pack of cigarettes, rather than the cigarettes themselves. Spicy carnation dominates, along with a gorgeous leather-iris combination and a hint of animalic notes. Damp cedarwood and dry, dark vanilla mixed with creamy ylang-ylang complete the base.

This is unlike anything I've tried in a very long time. When I smell this I get two images, elegant balls and women dressed in black with white gloves and cigarette holders, marble floored ball rooms and the golden aura from crystal chandeliers. The other image I get is the women of the 1920's, androgynous women (this was reportedly a favourite of Marlene Dietrich). I don't get "flapper" or "loose woman" out of this. I get "rich woman who smokes"... and yes it's a lot like the smell of makeup and tobacco but at the same time is so deep and luxurious that it really deserves a few tries to really see the elegance in it. It really gives of an aura of gold and black and luxury.

I can't explain it all any better than that, really. If you ever get the chance, please try and experience this. A legendary perfume.

Cochlea
Cochlea

This is the ultimate femme fatale scent for me, powdery, sophisticated, dark, magical, slightly animalic, spicy and smoky! I will make sure to have a small decant of the vintage parfum for life. I love learning about the history behind this perfume and the nose Ernest Daltroff. I am also learning about Turin, he famously stated that Tabac Blond was "dykey" which is a very crude remark. I don't understand how he, a so-called expert of fragrances, does not appreciate Tabac Blond? Tabac blonde was created for women who started to smoke during WWII, it is a game-changer! This is a spellbinding scent, I also call it a "liquid courage" kind of scent. It is intended for the bold, daring woman with a strong personality who wants to smell unique.

I am new to fragrances, my review will never do Tabac Blond justice. The tobacco note is my very favorite thing about this fragrance.

The first spray on my skin is the spicy carnation with leather, I think, I smelled a hint of gasoline, I have tired Mitsouko (Mitsouko was created in the same year as Tabac Blond I believe) before and I sense the sort of similar tantalizing gasoline accord in the opening here. It wears off all too quickly. Vetiver, and the sweet powdery iris, earthy spicy warm cloves gradually comes through. The leather here is dry like an old leather jacket found in a thrift shop, the carnation fades and the leather is becoming softer. The drydown is similar to vanilla incense. I know that my nose is missing so many notes! I genuinely think that all perfumistas should try this once in their lifetime.
A great scent to try is Molinard Habanita! It is of a similar vibe as Tabac Blond: a deep smoky powdery, retro-style scent.
The longevity is great, and the sillage is soft.

mirrorghost
mirrorghost

i read somewhere that debbie harry wears this. i'm not sure of the accuracy of it, but it made me want to look into the scent and here we are.

this smells so 1920s to me and i love it. it starts off a dry tobacco and smoky carnation, then it sweetens up just a little bit with vanilla and cedar but still remains quite dry. i am not getting what i perceive as leather from this. i used to be a smoker, and it indeed smells similar to a pack of unsmoked cigarettes almost like clove cigarettes (but not as sweet), because of the carnation which gives it a spicy-clovey feel. the iris comes out a bit later adding a slight powderiness to this which i love.

chayaruchama
chayaruchama

Tabac Blond has been a signature of mine for over 40 years.
I wear the parfum and it sings gloriously, fits like a glove - a long black kid leather opera-length glove.
I wear it in all seasons, whenever I feel like it ; I feel that it reflects who I am.

evesoho
evesoho

This perfume just makes me want to shout out all the notes as they come to me, in ecstasy, lol. I want to become the type of woman whose signature is Tabac Blond. I want to wear it every day in every situation and not have anyone wonder why I smell "like that".

As an ex-smoker, this really satisfies a nostalgic part of me, which doesn't long for or crave the cigarettes themselves anymore, but misses the times I spent with friends, drinking coffee or wine and smoking and talking... Some of my best conversations were tinged with the scent of tobacco.

In a sort of more abstract way, Tabac Blond does smell like tobacco, only lighter and fresher, and also like dark, floral vanilla. I personally get a far more prominent floral accord than I do spice. I love the vanilla in this fragrance. Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Geurlain could be its sweet little sister. Soft and deep, fresh and rich, Tabac Blond needs to be worn a few times. It is one of those perfumes that has a life of its own, and as such you might not have the opportunity to really get to know her at all right away. She's the woman riding in the elevator with you each day, who you notice and briefly admire but don't feel the need to speak to, until that one day when you suddenly realize you've fallen half in love with her. And even then, the mystery continues. . .

I think that I must have a bottle of this perfume. When I breathe it in my mouth falls open as if I'm drinking the scent. Tabac Blond has perfect pitch and temper, it sings beautifully.

This perfume reminds me of having the courage to follow your deepest, darkest passions, and to be open to all chances to uncover what those passions are! I don't think that anyone should deny themselves the greatest pleasures in life, so please try to wear this perfume a few times throughout your existence on earth. Just don't force Tabac Blond to adapt to our contemporary ways, our current surroundings, changing beliefs, and new attitudes. Really, I want to adapt my way of seeing and of being to this perfume. I challenge you, Caron invites you, and Tabac Blond begs you (in so far as such a Lady could beg), to take a step toward revealing your secret to yourself.

Scentmad
Scentmad

I have some old TB and I absolutely adore it, wearing it sparingly for high days and holidays. It's one of those perfumes that is like no other despite its comparisons to some other leather frags - this is in a league of its own. I wore it once and was followed by a smartly dressed woman who finally asked me what perfume I was wearing - an experience that was both flattering and alarming in equal measure. However being asked about this perfume when I wear it does happen a lot. I have concluded it suits me. It's almost narcotic , it's seductive, heady, uncompromising and completely intoxicating - this is the old version I mean. If you love the carnation/leather/clove accords this is a must. Try and get the older version. I think the newer version is not a (nicotine) patch on the original in my opinion.

misslawbore

One thing that stands out from all the comments is how complex this perfume is! I can smell all the ingredients - not all at once of course - each time I smell it, I notice a different one or two of them. That's the joy of this scent, the sheer complexity. However, the smoky leather and vanilla and carnation dominate. It's androgynous but leaning towards the male. There is very little femininity in it. So I wouldn't describe it as a seduction perfume for women; it's more of a statement, a very interesting one. Which is what the nose who invented it meant it to be.

mossyoakpenn
mossyoakpenn

Opened smelling a bit like Kouros and now im seeing the comparisons to Lagerfeld Classic. Almost like a Tabac EDC. Im still getting a lot of Lagerfeld into the drydown. Not bad.

Briarthorn
Briarthorn

For the EDT:

The opening had me thinking, incense!, but then as it warmed up I was able to pick out the leather, cedar, vetiver and carnations. As it fully settled on my skin a few hours later the vanilla sweetened it up and it became quite nice. This wears fairly close to the skin on me.

The leather in this is sweetened up by the vanilla keeping it from getting to heavy and old. The cedar and vetiver give depth and keep it interesting. The carnation gives it that little floral "lady like" feel, with a slight hint of pepper. A well crafted juice, just not my personal style.

SadieBluesLady
SadieBluesLady

I am finally exploring "The Classics"!!! After reading about them for several years now, I decided to purchase samples of the various ones that intrigued me the most. They arrived yesterday afternoon, but I couldn't try any of them because I was already wearing something else. This morning is a different story, clean slate and all that, so I daubed on Tabac Blond vintage parfum. I do not have a very discerning nose, I tend to identify the scents that I already know and fail to pick up on the other scents that may be contributing. I say this because for the first hour of wearing it, all I could smell was carnations, heaps and piles of sharp, strong and spicy carnations!

I am now in my 3rd hour of wearing it and alas, the sillage isn't too good on me. But oh, what I can smell!!! Wonderful dusky, dry, close to the skin blend of patchouli & musk . . . and probably ambergris - if I knew how that added to the mix.

I'm not bowled over by this parfum, I won't be hunting for more. But I am very happy to have had the experience of trying it. I will use up the remaining sample and if I find that anything has changed, I will post another review.

drummagick
drummagick

After making the point many, many times that I dislike leather perfumes I had to eat my words this morning. Within seconds of spraying from a sample of Tabac Blonde I fell absolutely in love. Most leather perfumes smell to me of the note the leather is made of (rectified birch tar I think). This leather isn't cowhide or even calfskin, it's expertly brain-tanned deerskin that's so soft it's like silk. And the hand in this silky deerskin glove is holding a bouquet of the most gorgeous smelling carnations ever. Carnations long before the scent was bred out of them. I get tobacco too, but not cigarettes, it's the smell of a cigarette pack after all the cigarettes are gone. The Caron base is perfectly in line with the rest of the perfume. My world has been rocked today.

Carnation
Carnation

A retro scent. Think old Hollywood in the 1940's with the great movie stars of yesteryear like Bette Davis, Lauren Bacall and Marlene Dietrich in a smoky nightclub.Powdery fromthe iris with a touch of sweetness and some leather. As it develops, the cedar starts to come through nd it's a little smoky, which is nice. After an hour, it starts to turn a bit soapy. I would like to smell a vintage sample before the reformulation that I know is in my sample to see how the two compare as this is a classic perfume. Still it's fair with medium longevity.

annegina
annegina

I have a several small bottles of Tabac Blond extrait that I bought before the recent reformulation.
They seem to be from the 60s.

I applied it one day and my daughter exclaimed "ugh
what smells like gasoline?"
One hour later I hugged her goodbye as she was about to go out with friends and she said "Oh MOM! You smell soooo good! What IS that??"
Well of course it was the same perfume.
I am going to treasure my vintage to the last drop and not buy the new stuff.
I wear it to feel brave, sexy, strong and to celebrate specail occasions.
It was made in the day before all the perfumes that smell alike were churned out--a precious classic with such personality!!!!

Waltzing Matilda
Waltzing Matilda

Thanks EK for the generous sample. Understated leather, gentle spice, soft musk and so much more, but I don't get any tobacco. It has that certain something that defines and captures the essence of a classic fragrance. I't's not particularly long lasting though - quite fleeting in fact.

pronose
pronose

a true gem! fits even good on mens! a timeless and unique rare scent.

BettyNoir
BettyNoir

Dusty old books, unlit cigarettes, old leather- this is fantastic for a man or a woman. There's no sweetness or fruit or any of that, just a dry, rather masculine blast from the past. Really beautiful if you're looking for an excellent Leather note scent.

antfarm
antfarm

Tabac Blond parfum: One of the sexiest tobacco-leathers. It smells like an expensive, vintage, transparently smoky, leathery, powdery vanilla with a slightly boozy touch. A tiny bit trashy and a whole TON of elegance. It reminds me of the Prohibition. (Edit: I tried this parfum again and disliked it. This is overpowering and smells like a bingo hall full of wealthy people and stale cigarettes.)

Tabac Blond EDP: A lot of sharp cloves. Not much else. Maybe some sweaty hair in the background.

Assiduosity

Tabac Blond is an unforgettable aroma of perhaps best forgotten situations.

It speaks of liberation and the release of sexual frustration in equal measures.

Of women free enough to smoke and free enough with their favours to sleep with men for money or pleasure or both. As such it exists in a tension of repression and liberation never properly resolved.

It all starts with a slap across the face by a leather gloved hand, then an upturned table, a smashed glass vase and carnations strewn over the floor.

A bar brawl avoided, only just, as a vanilla and iris perfumed semi-siren seeks to calm the situation and seduce all sides with her placid heart.

It is a front, for behind lie deeper motives and the baser notes : wood, a patchouli that seems only to dampen and darken, a vetiver that adds a little smoke to the scene and a slow climb upstairs to discover a musk that is one part powder and two parts body.

Tabac Blond is a sin, as simple and satisfying as that.

Sex some say is a sin but sin itself is no respecter sex. Men and women are all of the flesh.

*************

I wore Tabac Blond in a current and older version of the Eau de Parfum.

Differences between the two are overstated, though the earlier EdP may not have been old enough for true comparison.

aveilhe
aveilhe

Tabac Blond starts off with a potent leather note, combined with the soft, honeyed smell of Linden blossom (which works to take a bit of the "edge" off of the sharp leather). Carnation and clove quickly appear, lending a beautifully warm and spicy aroma. Cedarwood also becomes prominent in the early stages of dry down. I love the contrast between masculine and feminine here -- honey and leather, carnation and cedar. I don't necessarily smell tobacco (and oddly it's not listed as a note either), but Tabac Blond does have a smokey aura -- likely caused by the melding of wood, musk, and leather notes. Soft musk and vanilla become more obvious later in the progression, and the final phases of dry down are powdery, comforting and sweet. My only complaint is that the early leather stage passes all too quickly.

Tabac Blond is surprisingly intimate, with moderate sillage. It has a sexy, languid vibe. It makes me think of sitting in a booth at the back of a smoky club, listening to jazz, smoking, drinking, and making eyes at a man in the crowd.

It is also fascinatingly androgynous -- it's for the woman (or man) who is confident, but never aggressive or overly-showy. The wearer of Tabac Blond doesn't NEED attention, but he/she gets it anyway!

Kateri81
Kateri81

I just received my extrait de parfum from Paris and it's absolutely amazing. I can smell iris, vanille and carnation, little bit of leather (I wish it could be more). But I cannot detect any tobacco or smokiness, I kind of hoped for, but I do not miss it. The longevity is unbelievable, it lasts like 24 hours, which is very unusual on me. The drydown is sweet and sensual. It is not a sexy frag but very womanly. And there is nothing old-fashioned about it. It's very classy and in some way very contemporary. And for me the most important thing is that my husband loves it.

Assiduosity

The winter comes in early and hard to these northern ports where France ends suddenly and the blank-faced Atlantic begins.

In storm surges sideways rain slams the little parade of quayside shops. At night all are battened down except for M. Caron's, the red cedar stained exterior lit by one lamp. It casts its beam across the familiar sign 'bar-tabac-bierres blondes' and Pelforth's pelican looking on.

Inside, cutting a swathe through the thick sweet cloud to reach a table, the scent is not of the acrid tobacco shavings smoked by sailors, stokers and stevedores but of the honeyed, clove-infused, golden hued stuff of the officers' mess. Imbibed through pipe not papers.

Defying the sign you order a bierre brune: dark amber in a glass, brewed from English yeast brought over to conjure comfort for soldiers on their return from the front.

Long stemmed carnations in clear glass carafes have been commandeered by amorous sea captains eager for female attention.

For their part, the women ranged against the creme Anglaise coloured walls, dresses polka dotted pinks, blues and violets smell sweetly of last summer's improvised flower water, iris and a little citrus blossom, and of the musk of their profession, the oldest.

Longing to kick off leather to-the-knee boots and settle down to true home comforts, you must settle instead for their simulacrum: a stodgy pudding in the English style laced with heavily vanilla-ed custard from Caron's kitchen and the conversation of a woman who is not and could never be your wife.

The nights at the 'bar-tabac-bierre blondes' are long, and though perhaps not what they should be or once were, in a world turned upside down, on a weather-beaten winter's night, they are without doubt the best show in town.

Year's later, a thumb worn photograph in hand, you will not recall the colours of Caron's, you may not even remember the girl's name, just the colour of her hair, the damp yielding of her flesh in the cheap room upstairs and that priceless, immortal smell.

metanoiac
metanoiac

This is my favorite. It is what I go to in fall, it feels tweedy, leathery, smoky, like being bundled up on a cold, windy fall day and slipping into a smoke filled pub.

Nmsekhmet
Nmsekhmet

so good you can taste it. it reminds me of the intent of that other great women's lib perfume, cuir de russie. oh, and their lesser cousin habanita

I recently obtained a couple of quarter ounce bottles of the parfum, which I think are from the early 1980s. The opening reminiscent of The Knize Ten and Gomma but not as sharp. Over time, however, a softer aspect emerges, the strength diminishes quite a bit, and the leathery quality shares space with a powdery, "full," vanillic accord that may contain a hint of tobacco. This is fairly "rounded" but you can tell that some of the notes listed are present. I think I prefer the strong leather fragrances I already own (an ounce or more, which should last me a very long time), but I can certainly understand the appeal of this one. Since it is expensive it would make sense for me to swap or sell my bottles so that I can acquire fragrances that are different from what I already own, and of course I'd be glad for someone who really wants it but is strapped for cash to have a chance at obtaining some.

twinklestar.pa

OK. You can get Tabac Blond at a Caron Boutique in NY City. Call 877-88 CARON.
Diane there said that 3.4 ounces of the next thing down from the parfum was $ 170.00.
I had trouble understanding the French accents of the names. (This was not the eau de toilette, if they even make EDT.)

They also have dab on parfum at quite reasonable prices.

Enjoy!

twinklestar.pa

I just got a decant of this and I would like to purchase a bottle. Is it still being made? Having trouble finding it on standard online perfume stores.

Bandit
Bandit

For those who would like to know the vintage TB:

Knize 10 smells very very similiar. It's a 20s creation and hasn't been much reformulated, I guess. It's so vintage, that's it's unisex.

I like the reformulation of TB as well, it's different, but very unique with extreme sillage and staying powder. Very vintage. It becomes better with age, rougher edgier and much more leathery. I always get compliments on it. A tiny drop is able to fill a room completly.
If it would be a recent creation, it would get a lot of love; as a reformulation it gets compared to the vintage the whole time and fails.

To glitteralex: Maybe you don't own TB, but Poivre? If so, you can call yourself lucky, as vintage Poivre is a gem and very very expensive. TB is bargain compared...

adriana.alarcon
adriana.alarcon

Tengo los mas bellos recuerdos de Tabac Blonde , toda mi infancia esta llena de ese aroma, mi abuela lo usaba y era la mujer mas dulce conmigo. He tratado de encontrarlo ahora , pero me ha sido imposible. No quisiera morir sin haberlo disfrutado por lo menos una vez mas.

JToronto
JToronto

Alot has been written about the reformulations of this perfume over the years. I bought a decant from The Perfumed Court, and it was not advertised as "vintage" so I assume this is the current version. It was a disappointment but probably what I should have expected from my research - I assume a vintage version would have had more going on. Anyway, not unpleasant, started out with a very rich, leathery, slightly floral scent that I liked alot. However, those topnotes died within 1 hour and I was left with a classic "vintage face powder" dry down - old fashioned, powdery vanilla and oakmoss, pretty much identical to Habanita (but Habanita goes through lots of interesting changes for about 3 hours before getting there, which makes it worthwhile to me, whereas Tabac Blond pulls no punches and heads to "face powder" right away). Shame.

atrazanov
atrazanov

For those interested in enchiching and making this pefume heavier and more mysterious try adding 2-5% of the extract or oil of the Jawan Styrax (Loban Jawi). This works particularly well with a freshly produced EDT version that did not have enough time to vintage. As Styrax contains both sweet base, middle and sharp/spicy top notes in its bouquet the effect will be laudable throughout the entire life of the spritz on your skin. The amplified lower notes start to play from the very beginning thus showing the entire 7-octave range of the mix and creating an impression of a very wide space. Never tried this with an Extrait de Parfume version of the Tabac, will let you know of the outcome.

HappyShopper123
HappyShopper123

Hooray, my sample has finally arrived! I love this, it's initially slightly sweet and powdery on me, but develops into a heady mix of flowers and a slight hint of leather. It's ladylike, but with an edge. I don't think I've smelled a fragrance quite like it.

ineverwas
ineverwas

This is an exquisite golden tobacco perfume from the great house of Caron. It's luxurious, mature, complex and very sensual, transforming any woman wearing it into a classy rich goddess. The leather and carnation add spice and a naughty twist to the more classical base of vanilla, (light) patchouli and musk.

I'm very much in love with this fragrance, I adore its opulence and impressive style, but it is at the same time quite demanding and it would take a lot of self-confidence and a very fashionable outfit to pull off this one. Not to mention golden jewelry seems like a must when wearing this.

By far the best tobacco I've tried to far.

Αλεξάνδρα
Αλεξάνδρα

Tabac blond is an iconic fragrance, representing the independent female role models, who emerged after the first world war, who could smoke, wear trousers, take their life in their hands. I have to admit, every time I wear it, it's like a confidence boost, sth that no other perfume has achieved. The opening of this sensual leather and soft smoke, combined with sweet spicy carnations is beyond this world. The top notes persist in the heart as well, a bit mellowed by the floral accords. The musk-vanillic dry down- at least in the EDP- is a bit weak in comparison to the dynamic top notes, but the perfume is still unique. I imagine it on a woman in elegant black clothes, a classic beauty deprived of ladylike mannerisms. She knows who she is, she doesn't care to prove anything to anyone, and the most important : she loves herself. I'm neither a smoker, nor blond, but I love it, and it makes me love myself.

girlsworld
girlsworld

Tabac Blonde, timeless, unusual, not for the fainthearted a true classic. Subtle smokiness, sensual and rich very evocative !

nonnative
nonnative

I liked this "old lady style" parfume. The thing that struk me was how perfect the name Tabac Blonde was for this parfume. It's tabac for sure, but something sparkling and bright that combines well with the idea of blonde. It reminds me of Mitzuko a lot. But lighter.

Lady Love
Lady Love

I've always been interested in Caron’s fragrances, because this house has a lot’s of big perfume hits back in the 10’s or 20’s.

Despite my desire to buy blind some Caron’s great fragrances, I have been ignoring them for a long time duet to the almost depressed and Overly Exaggerated comments about Caron’s reformulation. Like: ‘’Caron ruin fragrance legends with reformulation’’ ‘’Now Caron’s fragrances smell horrible’’ ‘’ I have such lovely memories of it and the new formulation defintely doesn't have nothing of the original’’

Thanks God! I Don't Take this So Serious and decided to purchase some decants.
and guess what?..

I make an order of almost 20 good fragrances, 5 of them were from Caron, and let me tell you, that this 5 beauties, smell far better than the others fifteen, and also so much better than a lot of fragrances out there. I Don't try to say ‘’Things Don't Change’’, I know that they change, everybody change and Guerlain and Chanel change too, but they are still pretty. And finally I don’t work for Caron, Caron don’t even exist in my country. I only jugde what I smelled.

(Review edt)

Tabac Blond is unique, Caron allways bring a classy elegant touch.

Is an interesting Soft-leather fragrance, the edt version is a close to skin scent, it's dark, it's smokey, vanilic and better than Cuir de Russie.

Mimmi
Mimmi

Ready for a little more grief about reformulation? After having, and enjoying, a decant of the extrait I now tried the vintage formula. Its even richer and more golden. The aromatic tobacco, the leather, the lime - all golden. I percieve it as warmer and not so dry as the recent formula. The carnation is as beautiful as can be when melted with the golden accord. A little vanilla in the base adds soft sweetness in the drydown. This could have been quality niche from 2011 aswell as a 1919 vintage. An unique and attractive sensation, I understand why it is still loved and in production. There are other Carons closer to my heart, but I'd be very happy to have some of this aswell. Very good lastingpower, moderate sillage.

adrienn99
adrienn99

I had to take back my earlier review on this saying there is no smokey/leathery notes.

Actually there is a smell of tobacco. I could not locate it on my wrist but today I applied the perfume on my neck/chest. About an hour later I was wondering why I smelled like tobacco. Folks. I smoke and I could never detect such tobacco stink on myself (which I regret to say but is the nasty one, like when you spend the night in a club where smoking is allowed and you sniff your clothes the morning after, if you dare). So I would say myself I do not find tobacco unattractive but do not fancy this one :(

sfonativeboy
sfonativeboy

This is one my favorite "Leather Scents"
I didn't realize ... there were other formulations ..
I got mine from the source I had my bottle filled from one of the Fancy Fragrance Urns at Caron’s boutique on Avenue Montaigne in Paris.

Smoky tobacco with Leather notes...
hints of Spiced Carnation perhaps even Cloves...mixed in ...
Settles on my skin with its warm sweet Vanilla base...

I love it !!!
I'm in love with Leather Scents and this one always competes with Chanel Cuir de Russie for TOP of the list !

If you got others to suggest ...
let me know ...
I'm a Fragrance Addict and would love to add to my ever growing collection...

Had to apply this one at bedtime ...
needed the comfort of this fragrance .. been having bad dreams ..
perhaps this will bring me calm...

Catbiscuit
Catbiscuit

I am extremely fond of Tabac Blond EDT. I have not dipped my snout into any other vinatges or concentrations. I am satisfied with what my nose has to tell me now.

I am not a smoker, never have been, never will, but my mother was. I remember picking up her cigarette pack and breathing in the stunning gourmand smell of tobacco leaves. It was an absolute crime when she lit them and they turned into noxious smoke vapour.

Ernest has done a marvellous job of recreating that sweet, earthy, dry, delicious tobacco note in a perfume. It takes a few minutes to get to this stage as carnation is busy strutting around like a show pony. But once the tobacco develops I cannot keep myself from myself!

Later on, the freshness of the tobacco is sweetened with vanilla condensed milk, a hitherto undiscovered delicacy.

I don't pick up much leather here and no cedar whatsoever. This is an eminently feminine perfume and it would make an excellent alternative to mainstream woody perfumes if you are looking for something beautiful, unusual & special to wear.

guest_tourmaline
guest_tourmaline

This review is for the vintage parfum extrait. One drop on one wrist is all it takes for me to get wafts of this for the whole day and on into evening. Tabac Blond really is very edgy. When I sniff my wrist or even just smell the outside of my vintage bottle, in my minds eye I see the drag racing scene in 'Rebel Without a Cause.' Loose tobacco, smoke, and burning rubber: all of these smells comprise Tabac Blond. Many people say they cannot smell any tobacco in Tabac Blond and it's true that TB does not smell like cigarettes, or cigars, or pipe tobacco....but I think it does resemble the smell of loose chewing tobacco. You know: like Skoal or Copenhagen. My best friend growing up had a big brother who lived in the attic. She and I would sneak up there sometimes and look at his porn magazines and giggle, and I remember the distinctive smell of room: his chewing tobacco (or his "chew" as he called it) and his dirty laundry. Tabac Blond reminds me very much of that smell. And after many hours, when only the dregs are left, the Tabac Blond base-notes of amber and a hint of vanilla are laid bare. I can smell no leather per se in this, but I do smell what I imagine a leather clad, bad-ass biker might smell like after a long night of brawling and womanizing at the biker bar.

Kterhark
Kterhark

I"m coming back to Tabac Blonde after first trying it seven months ago. During that time I increased my exposure to leathers and the Caron suite of urn parfums, and was curious to see if my experience wiht TB would change.

The opening tests my patience, as the carnation is just too sweet and the leather too rough. After 2 1/2 to 3 hours the dry florals kick in, and I am much happier; this is the phase i liked best the first time around.

in the end, however, this sits just below a 'love' from me. For everythin I like in this fragrance I can point to another that does it better. But i highly recommend it to anyone looking for a leather, becase tastes differ and this one should not be passed by.

rebella
rebella

I have the tiniest little sample of Caron Tabac Blond extrait. I was a littlw worried at first, that I wouldn´t like it, since I don´t like all vintage fragarnces.

But I didn´t have to worry. Tabac Blond is, on me, an archetypical kind of perfume. It smells like perfumes history, precense and future at the same time. It is elegant, ageless and timeless.

The carnation note are close to being a carnation soliflore but somehow it manage not to be. It is rich, golden, strong and very pleasant without being to much. The leather note is quite discrete on me, just as I like leather in perfume (a note that easily become harsh on me). In Tabac Blond the leather note is pure and refined luxury and still with some rough edges.

Caron´s Tabac Blond deserve it´s place among perfume lagends more then well. It´s longlasting, rich and make me feel like a golden age Hollywood-move star.

Tabac Blond could easily be worn by both men and women and I think it would suit any age, apart from maybe the youngest.

I´ll always need a little amount of Tabac Blond in my collection, it is like a golden shining star. Masterpiece class, best of the best, a must must must try!

marielon
marielon

I still have a little left in my bottle from 1984, and have a fresh bottle. If anything is missing from this juice, I really can't tell-- it is as warm and rich as ever-- but of course, my old condensed down drops from 26 years ago are super rich and strong. This is the perfume to wear if you plan to work hard all day, stay positive, and end the day swirling some cognac around a nice crystal snifter. There is something a little naughty about Tabac Blond-- my children sneak into my room to smell it and dab a little on. If Tabac Blond has a human match--it is Lauren Bacall. It is simply wonderful, and if Caron were smart, they would highlight this gem.

Tarya
Tarya

Bright and warm at the same time, like sunshine. Not overly feminine, due to it's subtle leathery, and green notes. Deep smoky carnation, but not too heavy, and much softer that La Nuit by Paco Rabanne. I would prefer stronger sillage. Beautiful!

megannsmom
megannsmom

I love this juice!
It is warm, rich and very confident. Smokey leather, spice and golden sweetness. I didn't care for it the first time I tried it, but gave it another shot and am so happy that I did. The dry down is seductive....wow!

hopflower
hopflower

No. I did not ever get carnation from this scent. It is burnt rubber and tobacco. Not for me; I love carnation fragrances!

I don't like it at all.

Strange to hear how it strikes others. This is a strong, deeply spiced golden scent,with marked notes of leather and a twinge of aldehydes. There's also a faint burnt rubber note that is more pronounced on me than on my sister, whose signature scent this is. It is almost masculine in it's lack of flowery prettiness. Yes, men can easily wear this too. Tobacco and vanillic notes smooth out the edges, but it still can be difficult to wear. Very elegant, confident and mature, I can see this fragrance on the right woman regardless of her age, lifestyle or background.

glitteralex
glitteralex

This review is for the pure parfum, in very good condition, from the 1950s.

As I had never experienced this scent, I was very excited to try it. I enjoy other "leather" scents, such a "La Nuit" and "Tenere" by Rabanne, "Or Black" by Morabito, and "Bandit" by Piguet. I was enchanted by the listed notes of leather, carnation, lime blossom, iris, vetiver, ylang-ylang, cedar, patchouli, vanilla, ambergris, & musk combining to create an image of tobacco leaves, vanilla, & leather.

So, imagine my surprise when I opened the bottle expecting the grand seduction of my life....and got carnation. Lots of it, carried by powder. SO much that it approached clove in character. This dominated all else, I could barely detect the Caron base in there. The spice keeps up for the first hour or so, then it mellows as the superb fixatives of musk and especially ambergris take over. I find the base more tolerable, but, still, nothing compelling. It is a supple fragrance that clings to the skin. Other than the spice, it does not shout, as I expected that it would. I agree that it could be worn by a man; it reminds me of some of the sweeter scents my grandfather used to wear. Maybe I set my hopes too high for this perfume, and cannot approach it objectively?

This is the third or fourth time I have tried this bottle, under different conditions, with the same effect. To note, it appears to have been well-kept, and hardly used at all. Evaporation is minimal, and the other Caron perfumes from this coffret are correct in character. I assume that this is not an "off" bottle, but instead, that I am the only person on this planet not to favor this legendary scent.

mademoiselle_nicole
mademoiselle_nicole

chapeau for the grand old master of salon-fragrances. oily,edgy and a little unpresentable.
warm,spicy and oh so flapper...
for its time a very androgynious scent that was often inspiration for later scents but got never even approximately reached. the grandeur of real chic.
there nothing else to it

jeca
jeca

It is not a sharp leathery composition as I expected. It's calm, I smell tobacco and vanilla, sweet a bit, a leather note is refined and "old", men can wear it too.

morgane
morgane

fabulous fragrance

2007

Tabac Blond by Caron 4.30 out of 5 based on 382 ratings and 61 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Caron Tabac Blond fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Caron Tabac Blond, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Tabac Blond by Caron. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Tabac Blond by Caron represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.