Designers » C » Chypre Floral « Groups

Fiori di Capri Carthusia for women and men

Fiori di Capri Carthusia for women and men
dislike

Fiori di Capri Carthusia for women and men Pictures Fiori di Capri Carthusia for women and men Pictures Fiori di Capri Carthusia for women and men Pictures Fiori di Capri Carthusia for women and men Pictures Fiori di Capri Carthusia for women and men Pictures Fiori di Capri Carthusia for women and men Pictures Fiori di Capri Carthusia for women and men Pictures

Unforgettable perfumes. The refinement of the flowery notes of lily-of-the-valley and wild carnation, the fresh chords of amber, sandal, ylang-ylang and oak.

The fragrance is available in Parfum 50 ml and Eau de Toilette 50-100 ml. Fiori di Capri was launched in 1990. The nose behind this fragrance is Laura Tonatto.

Cyclamen Tuberose Gardenia Orange Blossom Bergamot Ylang-Ylang Orange Mandarin Orange Turkish Rose White Flowers

Carnation Cloves Nutmeg white honey iris Incense Hyacinth Violet Leaf Plum Wild Strawberry Pineapple

Sandalwood Cedar Patchouli Oakmoss White Musk Amber Labdanum

24 Faubourg
Ginestra (Broom)
Opardu
Sweet Pea

Fiori di Capri Fragrance Reviews

flowers-in-the-springtime
flowers-in-the-springtime

Delicate lily-of-the-valley open up this wonderful creation to make way for a slightly powdery and spicy carnation which eventually settles into the base notes of sweet amber, woody notes and Ylang-ylang.

This perfume is impossibly beautiful in every way! She is elegant and classy and utterly delectable. She is the Italian version of Chanel No5 minus the harsh aldehydes and minus the difficulties which make No5 so hard to wear. I would say this is a sweet & powdery fume which has that delightful vintage feel to it.

I cannot get enough of this outstandingly gorgeous lady! I keep inhaling my wrist continuously and marvelling at the beauty of the well crafted and well orchestrated notes.

Silage is pretty impressive, about 2/3 feet and the longevity is good but not outstanding. I would say about 6 hours.

I didn't think that I would like Fiori, I thought it would be too vintage for my tastes but I simply adore it!!

ancaan
ancaan

Pretty nice floral perfume. Feminine and powdery, crisp and delicate. I get lots of gardenia and iris out of it. Am I the only one who thinks that this fragrance is VERY similar to 24 Faubourg, although Fiori di Capri is a little bit bitter.

mzfiguer

I have an empty bottle of the EDT I got in 2004, sucked dry to the last drop, long, clear, lovely with the baubo siren on the logo and the back top and I still open the cap to smell the sprayer. How I miss this fragrance. You have no idea. So, so beautiful. One day I will have it again.

osiris5
osiris5

To describe a perfume of great class is very difficult.
But in one word wow!
This perfume is top class. It has some very nice notes.
And every great perfume keeps some surprises until the end. Can you compare it with some other perfume? Not that i know on the first hand.
It opens with a nice tone of gardenia's. I see I'm the first here to notice it, but that is because I have some Gardenia plants and know the smell. It is one of the most mysterious scents there are. Surrounded with Ylang Ylang and tuberose and bergamot it is very prominent
In the dry down to the middle some floral,and spicy notes come through. Honey, iris and cloves are noticeable and give it a nice move. Then in the end the incense takes its place in the spectrum of notes as very noticeable together with cedar, musk, amber and sandalwood with the accent on the musky sandal.
And still it keeps its secrets hidden. This perfume is wonderful. It is a real masterpiece without comparison. Wow just wow. It is something thats accompanies you in specials and formal occasions.
If you read the ingredients you will see its very natural.
It is really something very special.

ultracat
ultracat

The top floral notes of carnation and lily are so subtle that I literally thought they'd sent me a vial of water instead of an actual sample. I pressed my nose to my wrist and couldn't smell a thing! After about 10 minutes, the warm incensey spices appeared all upfront. Very nice. Don't get any fruitiness in this at all on my skin, though I get a bit of pineapple when I sniff the outside sample vial. After a half hour, it turns soapy, with a bit of incense. Not much in the way of sillage, very clingy. Definitely not my thing, but nice enough for someone looking for something nice-smelling, decently complex but inoffensive/easy to wear.

aschiffm
aschiffm

Ohh what a beautifully lush, heady floral perfume! smells verrrry floral, and natural. its luscious warm bright and cozy. its fresh and musky and a bit counter-culture. i agree with MsMaryO, it does have a "yellow" smell, its hard to describe- it feels sunny, but not overly optimistic like other fragrances tend to be. i think because it just smells like natural flowers and musk. the scent is grounded and completely envelopes you in a bubble of warmth.

mzfiguer

This is one of those fragrances you will wear and love regardless of what people will say. More than once I heard from young, college-aged students the phrase "old lady", maybe I was a little too young to wear it but what was I supposed to do? Wear Britney's perfume? Of course not! I could and would wear this every day. It's lovely.

Amberrose
Amberrose

My brother got me this while he was visiting capri and I am happy he did! It is a very nice floral scent.Is it my favorite? No. But still it is beautiful and pleasing.

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

Opens as a soapy floral heavy on the orange blossom and lily-of-the-valley. After a while the carnation surfaces, but sharpened quite a bit by the LOTV. The floral scent is extremely persistent, staying around for over 8 hours, after which it turns into a light floral-musky skin scent and goes for another 6 hours or more. Not being a lover of florals, this is not for me. However, It’s a long-lasting, well-made, conventional floral for those who are interested in the genre.

RRCOOLMAMA2
RRCOOLMAMA2

Fantastic beauty of powdery ylang-ylang I can clearly get on my skin and nothing sweet. A veil of that coziness of La Perla La Perla. I love this. BottleS worthy for me.

trueblue19
trueblue19

I've been wondering what it reminded me of until I saw this page: yes, Rive Gauche! It lacks the distinctive metal tone and powerful independence though. Rive Gauche is for sophisticated metropolitan women in sexy pencil skirt while Fiori Di Capri, as suggested by the name, is for elegant and laid-back women in white linen maxi dress. To me it doesn't smell cheap in any way yet nothing original. Just a beautiful scent which I'd be very happy to receive as a gift but would never pay £50 for a 50ml bottle myself.

liavekelsewhere
liavekelsewhere

I agree with MsMaryO - unfortunately I was interested in more carnation and less mimosa. Quite a feminine fragrance.

MsMaryO
MsMaryO

This was recommended to me yesterday by my favorite SA at my favorite perfume store, The Perfume House in Portland, OR. It is gorgeous! This lady knows her customers.

It is pretty, very feminine and pretty, and it lasts forever on my skin. Side by side with Apres L'Ondee (which I bought, yayyy!!), it lasted more than twice as long. In fact, I am still smelling the faintest hint of the dry down 16 hours later! Much quieter on the skin, but a warmer happier scent than my melancholy AL'O, for sure.

This is supposed to be all the flowers of the Isle of Capri. I get carnation, lily of the valley and MIMOSA. It's not listed in the notes but as this gets to the heart, it bears quite a resemblance to one of my absolute favs, Champs Elysees, my favorite mimosa scent. It has a "yellow" feel to it, like the warm sunshine on Capri.

Unfortunately, it bears too much resemblance to CE, which is my go-to scent when I need a reminder of sunshine and happiness, so I can't see buying a full bottle. But for those lovers of warm white florals that last and last, it would be a great buy. At $75USD for 50ml, it's niche at a great price, too.

I do not like this scent at all. It's annoying and pungent. It smells rather cheap and unrefined. Not my cup of tea.

The only other carnation fragrance I'm familiar with, other than Fiori di Capri, is Fragonard's Billet Doux. The two are very different, this fragrance being much sweeter and less spicy.

The scent is very pretty, nothing too out there, but extremely likable. I haven't managed to dislike a Carthusia scent yet.

It's warm, flowery, slightly addictive but also a little similar to the scent of an air freshner. To my nose, it's rather classic and elegant, however I've read some reviews classifying it as an 'old lady' scent, which annoys me greatly.

I keep wanting to say pretty, because that's the only word that comes to mind when I smell this. I have to agree with Sherapop on this one, this is far too feminine for a man to wear.

A crisp floral bouquet of ylang ylang, carnation and lily that does have a touch of powderiness, however it is nowhere near as powdery as Aria di Capri. It can be worn casually and formally in my opinion, and it's something that should appeal to women that adore overtly feminine florals.

Unfortunately this fragrance is rather weak on my skin, although it is a fairly mild scent for starters. The lasting power is good, but the sillage leaves much to be desired. I do however adore my strong, almost cloying fragrances, so for many the sillage may be perfect.

I catch wafts of amber, musk and vanilla in the drydown which is rather, (I'm going to say it again) pretty, but nothing extremely original. Either way, I like this fragrance, just not enough to fall in love with it.

carenrich
carenrich

My husband loves this scent on me. We tried on all the various scents while visiting Capri. As a natural perfumery fan, this does smell a bit more chemically than the original. It does a beautiful reaction with my personal chemistry.

Carthusia's FIORI DI CAPRI is a bright, somewhat sharp and slightly green bouquet of primarily white flowers (lily of the valley) bathing in a vase of amber-saturated wood. The opening is unabashedly floral, and I have to agree with another reviewer that, although FIORI is claimed to be unisex, it would be very challenging indeed for most men to wear such a fragrance.

I bought the 2oz edt as a souvenir when I visited the isle, so it's all bound up with memories of the bright blue sea and sky. Today, on a late afternoon filled with frozen rain, FIORI di CAPRI is somehow reminding me of the film PLEIN SOLEIL (Purple Noon), perhaps the most sizzling thriller ever to be set under the blinding mediterranean sun. (The Hollywood attempt at a remake [THE TALENTED MR. RIPLEY], as usual, does no justice to the original!)

There is definitely something daring about this scent, something brash and unapologetic. Something beautiful but at the same time edgy...

fotolux
fotolux

Fiori di Capri
Charmingly tender chypre floral. Not loud and may be transparent. Field carnations and forest lilies of the valley. Ilang and sambak. An ambery-sandal base sounds cleanly and coolly. Elegant and tender simplicity.Fragrance for own pleasure. Like a tender silk of elegant pyjamas.

HeatherStarr2424
HeatherStarr2424

Beautiful flowers. This is a strong, intoxicating scent. It's a cross between a regal, elegant, distinguished woman and a vacation in the South of France. Lovely. But I don't forsee men wearing this. Personally, I think it's too feminine.

Fiori di Capri by Carthusia 4.20 out of 5 based on 88 ratings and 19 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Carthusia Fiori di Capri fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Carthusia Fiori di Capri, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Fiori di Capri by Carthusia. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Fiori di Capri by Carthusia represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.