Designers » C » Floral « Groups

Baiser Vole Cartier for women

Baiser Vole Cartier for women
dislike

I have it: 640 I had it: 138 I want it: 536 My signature: 24

Baiser Vole Cartier for women Pictures Baiser Vole Cartier for women Pictures Baiser Vole Cartier for women Pictures Baiser Vole Cartier for women Pictures Baiser Vole Cartier for women Pictures Baiser Vole Cartier for women Pictures

This year’s edition Cartier Baiser Vole, builds upon the oriental, mighty and passionate kiss of the dragon (Le Baiser u Dragon), announcing a more sophisticated approach and composition. The emphasis is on the game of excitement and anticipation.

Mathilde Laurent, who composed the notes, is responsible for tempting stolen kisses of Baiser Vole release. The story of pure passion is told by the ultra feminine essences of rare and elegant lily flower. The scent is announced as intensively floral, fresh and powdery.

With the first drop of fragrance, we encounter the scented pistils of the lily, the heart beats with refined and elegant lily petals, while the base notes offer green leaves of lily. The fragrance is available in an elegant glass bottle with golden stopper.

The range offers perfume water as 30, 50 and 100 ml and roll on perfume accompanied by a collection of body care products: body lotion 200ml, shower gel 200ml and deodorant spray 100ml. Baiser Vole fragrance is presented in 2011.

Lily Citruses

Lily

Green Lily Green Notes

Baiser Vole Eau de Toilette

Baiser Vole Fragrance Reviews

Coconutmusk
Coconutmusk

This is normally not my style but it's quite beautiful. The problem for me with these pretty floral/clean scents is they don't really match me or my personality so when I wear them it feels like Kat Von D dressing like June Cleaver (just as a visual). However, as "tea in an English garden" this feels to me, I think I could still wear it.
This is a very clean scent, very fresh cut grass with a lot of citrus (grapefruit I think). I do get the Lilies but I think they play gently in the background. This is how it feels to me:
You are out on the veranda on a beautiful spring day. The gardeners are there, filling the air with fresh green clippings and every so often when the breeze picks up you get a whiff of the lilies in the garden. The butler brings you a cold glass of sparkling water with a fresh orange and grapefruit slice, you take a sip and the bubbles tickle your nose while filling your senses with the fresh citrus.
Yes it smells that luxurious and I just might be able to pull it off!

KaseyC
KaseyC

Very intense sweet white lily. Very feminine and womanish. I do not have any other comments about this perfume because it is straightforward lily and it is uncomplicated. The scent is almost the same from the opening to the drydown but I guess you got some green notes (what are they actually) at the very beginning. You need to really love it to wear it for many hours. For me, it is nice scent to sniff once a while but it's not interesting to wear.

krlamev
krlamev

I thought this perfumes was about to be some incent rose something... just because the "lighter" bottle, when I bought it and smell it, oh woah surprise! It's flower and it's green... and it's clean...! (I cannot spot the orange or citrus)

Firt I felt it a little sharp... then it settled down with nice scent, fresh but still not something like a splash (Thanks God!)

Edited:
Woah... wore it today... and I love it...!
It's classy, witty, sexy... it evolves into soft-kind-Lily.

Maybe my amateur nose felt a little of Acqua di gioia Essenzza on it's final notes...

Longevity: good on me! 7/10
Bottle: Loooove it!

johannbale
johannbale

Lily 1million.. Lily in the bottle. Yeah, smells very nice. Though I'm a man, I love this so much. I don't care as long as it's not a crime for men to wear women's perfume.

scent 9/10
longevity 8/10 (14+hrs on my skin)
sillage 7/10

overall 80/100

Highly recommended!

mylena

I get so many compliments everytime I wear this perfume!!! This has become one of my favorites of all time. I usually don't finish a perfume before I get bored and look for something else. I'm on my third bottle of this one, and I still love it!!!

echounit
echounit

Fabulous. An achievement in floral scents. I've never smelled anything else like it. Pure, stable and long-wearing. Youthful and incredibly classy.

spiderleenie
spiderleenie

Baiser Vole is such a happy and bright fragrance. If you enjoy fragrances like Marc Jacobs' Daisy, I would definitely recommend this one.

Basically, my nose tells me that this smells of juicy citruses and fresh grass. It's smells like a clean Summer day, through and through. Once the drydown happens, though, my nose picks up on more of the lily. The lily offers a very slight powdery and peppery quality to this, which blends beautifully with the green notes and the citrus notes.

Overall, I really like this one. For some reason, I can picture a bride wearing this for a casual outdoor wedding in the Summer. It smells very fresh and romantic!

Slightly powdery floral lily. Nice, very delicate, very sheer. Not my kind of thing, but office appropriate and pretty

Eaugirlspirit
Eaugirlspirit

This just smells like a beautiful wedding with the color white everywhere...the gorgeous white floral bouquets, white outdoor party tent and tablecloths, shiny ribbons and 3 tiered wedding cake with mounds of fluffy white frosting...and the bride's white dress in the distance..
The sillage is sweet and slightly powdery, creating an ethereal veil of a fragrance that is both light and makes a statement without turning into a "dirty lily" scent. It is very clean but very creamy from a bit of the vanilla. It turns into a powdery makeup scent though so some may not like this.
I can picture this being the smell of a woman after she has gone a whole day wearing a very elegant perfume or body cream and it gets on her hair and clothes and you hug her and inhale the comforting womanly smell. This scent almost smells like it has already reacted and become part of your natural skin scent when you spray it. It's almost as if I can smell a hint of buttery coconut as well...I will be testing the Essence de parfum and then making a decision as to which one to go with.

anitaoolong
anitaoolong

A happy accident. I was looking for a lily fragrance to recreate the scent of the lily often found in large, showy floral arrangements. There are a number of varieties of lily, and this isn't it.

What I found however, was a trip down memory lane. Upon my first sniff of Cartier's Baiser Vole I was transported back in time to a florist shop where my mother helped out when I was a young girl.

The smell of the fresh cut greenery and the lily which, although a delicate fragrance, seems to sing at a different pitch to other florals to make its presence felt. The fragrance is fresh, cooling and calming.

It is a little too powdery for me to wear, but I enjoyed the experience of this perfume and will keep the sample for nostalgia.

lyciumchld
lyciumchld

Baiser volé opens with bright, clean, airy notes of soft, yet vibrant green with a hint of citrus. Much the way that the first rush of a fervent embrace dilates the nostrils and deepens the breathing, the first whiff is an eye-opening surprise.

The heart depens into a gentle, romantic lily, sweet and slightly smokey, but not at all dark or cloying. The kiss has deepened, and with eyes closed, one is enfolded in a tender embrace.

As the scent dries down, there's a short period where I don't smell anything much, a sort of gentle parting. But rather than being gone, I catch gentle whiffs of smokey sweetness for hours to come; impressions of whispered endearments and the soft, sweet rapture of a stolen kiss.

It is indeed aptly named; the more I wear it, the more convinced I am that I shall have to purchase a full bottle with body cream as soon as possible. It really is just that nice. Beautifully done.

lesgalaxies
lesgalaxies

Sooooo beautiful, I think I'm in love! There's a bit of greenery biting at you throughout the initial spritz and settling of this -- makes it feel like more of a natural scent, imo.

Tried this on outdoors, in the fog.. truly I think I might prefer it in the winter/early spring months but I'll just have to wait for warmer weather to test that theory.

Lilies to the end, with such a gorgeous, light veil. Longevity feels moderate, obviously depending on chemistry, weather etc. I have fairly dry skin, especially now, in the winter living in the mountains and it's lasted a good 4 hours on my skin, with about 2-3 sprays on pulse points.

Not for the bold, and daring.. I'd say this belongs to the quiet type of girl, not needing to be noticed. Upon closer contact though, this one will stand out from the crowd. Simple and delicate, work friendly, and non-offensive. I can spray all I want with this one, and it never seems to be "too much".

beatrix75

still in love with Baiser Vole!!!

Angel in the South
Angel in the South

A beautiful perfume, very soft and stays close to the skin. I was hoping for a little more projection with this one. I really wanted more green notes and citrus along with a prominent lily smell. The bottle is very chic and I do like the design of it. I will try to layer this with some lily scented creams or lotions to try and make it last longer. It is a shame because it has all the right ingredients to be a stunning perfume but too light for me. I will put my bottle away for spring and summer when I hope that this lovely perfume will last and project better in the warmer weather.

Heliotropea
Heliotropea

Oh Oh Oh, longevity 1 hour, 2 tops ... Is it me ? What a pity, the smell is gorgeous and the price steeeeep ...

perfumejunkie75
perfumejunkie75

I received this fragrance as a decant which I was thrilled because I wanted to try it so bad. It's a beautiful floral fresh clean scent BUT the longevity on me is zilch. I don’t think I even got a whole hour on my skin.Very disappointed in that. Price is not worth it.

astrowx
astrowx

Love it. Myrrh (or some other incense tone) dominates at the very beginning for me, then gives way to intense lily, carnation and hyacinth. After awhile it settles into a powdery, warm, earthy green finish. This is a walk through a greenhouse in springtime.

rum
rum

I'll beging by just saying one word out loud: CARNATIONS!!!
Yes, I'm a male, but the carnation has to be one of my favourite flowers out there! This scent is like being dropped in a flower bed of carnations and left there forever. A very linear fragrance, it stays pretty stable from the outset and last for ages. The scent of carnations is blended with many other notes but to my nose the carnation (quite hard for perfumers to get right these days) stands out most of all.
A wonderful composition of florals that females all round will enjoy and no doubt their male counterparts will equally appreciate as well!

gabi
gabi

I really love this scent! And i know that many of you will say that i am wrong but to me, this has the same vibe as Guerlain lInstant. I sprayed the Cartier on one wrist and the Guerlain on the other. They are not the same perfume, it s just the same kind of perfume.I think that Baiser Vole is like a summer version of Guerlain L Instant.

blueorchid
blueorchid

It's amazing, even disapoointing to find that many fragrances seem to be carried under various names. This is a direct hint of Georgio Armani's Emporium White from a while ago and an early version of a Clinique fragrance. It's a bit stronger than I care for at the start, but softens to almost nothingness. Keep shopping if you're looking for something signature.

nada
nada

it is very pleasant smell. At first promising, but soon nothing happens, and one gets bit disappointed. But nice smell nonetheless.

beatrix75

my boyfriend love on me this geam ,and i adore to becoze its so crisp elegant warm speciel "signature" fragrance !!its the best like the rest of cartier fragrances!!!

lollsazz
lollsazz

I like this fragrance because this is, very likely, what my friend's Chinese mom wore. She was such a peaceful, strict and calm lady :] She always made it looks and smell nice inside her house, and it was a perfect blend of modern and oriental :) I like this scent because it reminds me of that lady! it's soft, oriental, balmy and flowery. On myself I don't like it for a prolonged time because lilies can smell a bit "meaty", if you know what I mean. Some people say they smell pee. I'm not saying they will smell like this on everyone, but in me they sometimes do, and I haven't quite figured out what sets it of. Anyway: if you don't have a problem with lilies and like soft, balmy scents, I definitely recommend checking this out :)

TheLumineri
TheLumineri

My lady loves lilies...so I did a Note-Search here for lily-based fragrances and this was the first in line. The bottle is spectacular in itself, but that scent is EXACTLY what I was looking for. I KNOW for a fact that she'll love it!

UPDATE: I was right...SHE LOVES IT!!! And I love smelling it on her! :)

aquila_2009
aquila_2009

Hi.

If i could describe it in one word it would be LOVELY!like a breath of fresh spring air.If you have ever picked a small bunch of lilly of the valley to bring indoors,you will want this scent around you always.BAISER VOLE is the kind of smell that can literally brighten your day just by wearing it.a perfectly balance blend of florals and green notes.it reminds me of an early spring morning or a cool summer evening when you get that hint of lilly of the valley floating in the breeze.It is also complements the natural scent of women.Green,Fragrant,Graceful, Refreshing,Quietly,but distinctly feminine and Softly Elegant.

A natural embodiment in the vivaciously fresh green notes combined with bright fruits(citruses))and the delicate feminine flowers(lily)).a lightly green base only hinted at the sensuality of this winning combination to wear when your active either working in the day time or night dancing.It surrounds you with a sophisticated bouquet.it makes you imagine of green fields and bloming flowers,shining and romantic walks with him when you want your grace,elegance and infinite elegance,impress him.BAISER VOLE is perfect for spring and hot summer months.I would suggest this for a sophistacated young woman,or a sophistacated woman with a youthful heart.

Sillage?Lovely.

Longevity?Satisfactory on my skin.

StellaXYH
StellaXYH

When Cartier Baiser Volé unfolds on my skin, I get a photorealist lily scent. Besides the floral part of the lily, there is some greenness representing the stem and the leaves of the plant. There is also a smoky/peppery characteristic, which is distinctive of the lily flower. I almost feel that I can touch those orange stamens in the middle of the lily flower. If I sniff harder, I can tell some citrus notes. They're the orange/lemon peel type to my nose, not the tart fruity scent.

After about two hours, Baiser Volé takes on a path of becoming more powdery, though never to an extent of overwhelming. The greenness and citrus notes step back, while a sweet musk take their place instead. The lily also becomes more abstract and sweeter. At the same time, the peppery aspect of lily is fortunately present in small doses, thus preventing the scent from digressing. Towards the end, it almost feels like a gentle and luxurious floral lotion.

Overall this is still a lily soliflore fragrance, but at the same time, the different nuances are beautifully carried out throughout the wear. The sillage is relatively soft. The fragrance is airy, like a veil on the skin, but definitely easy to be detected if brought close to the nose. The longevity is at least 10 hours. Baiser Volé is an elegant and unadulterated execution of a lily soliflore fragrance. It's hardly offensive and easy to wear. That being said, it's exquisite and very feminine. I'd recommend it to those who are looking for a lily soliflore or a modern powdery fragrance, as it's just so lovely and widely available.

SCBohemian
SCBohemian

Recently purchased Cartier Baiser Vole as a blind buy. Once I spritzed my wrist, I immediately noticed the lush lily bouquet. Minutes later, elegant, powdery bergamot notes emerged. This fragrance seems familiar and comforting, reminiscent of citrusy Lady Grey tea . Was a bit disappointed in the longevity of Baiser Vole, as only a trace remained several hours later. Terrific choice for daytime wear!

selenehdez
selenehdez

Precioso perfume, es muy cálido, floral tenue, con alguito de toque cítrico al inicio, pero luego es la azucena con algo de vainilla, no lo siento polvoso, mas bien cremoso, es una maravilla.

Al inicio su estela es moderada, las primeras 5 horas, pero luego, aunque parezca que no, ahí se queda, y de pronto me llega el aroma; será que uno se acostumbra al olor?

zayzay
zayzay

For me, this is exactly like preparing a vase of lilies. It's happening there, right in front of me...the watery green of the snipped stems, the bright intensity of the leaves...and then this wonderfully briny, slightly spicy and earthy smell of fresh, beautiful lilies. I think it's so cleverly done! My favourite lily perfume ever.

Joanna2533
Joanna2533

Green opening, animalistic notes throughout its stay and multifloral closure. Reminds me of Idylle de Guerlain and of EA's 5th Avenue. Longevity very good, sillage moderate!

insolence
insolence

Nothing is more exquisite than this. It gave me a feeling of wearing a fine jewelry piece. True Cartier!

It is a perfect scent for winter-time. When it's warm outside, Baiser Vole becomes too powdery, dry, a bit soapy. In winter I can smell something very creamy, comforting, elegant, fresh yet warm. Like a reminder of beautiful spring days that are not too far. A masterpiece!

I may be a big fan of orientals and moreover, I hate lilies, but Baiser Vole is something very, very unique. I would love to have this in my collection

rziotti
rziotti

simple: Rich Smell!! I buy this week ! LOVE

zaynaz
zaynaz

This starts off smelling like Vietnamese food- if you've ever ordered pho you know the plate of herbs that arrives with it. Washed bean-sprouts, lime, Vietnamese mint... It's a lovely fresh green smell.

But then the sweetness comes in, sweet cleaning fluid orange. It's not terrible, but it smells more like a room freshener than a perfume. It reminds me of the orange in Lush Karma, which I also wasn't mad about. The lily is there, but crushed and overwhelmed by the orange. I was at a restaurant the other day where they had a beautiful vase of lilies, the smell was intoxicating, and this is not it. It develops a bit of a chemical smell, it reminds me a bit of White Out (correcting fluid).

It's hanging about, but it's got nowhere to go- it decided to go the 'sweet' route, but doesn't have any of the standard sweet bases to fall back on, so it just winds up lacking depth. The opening was so gorgeously fresh! Why did it have to wind up being a sweet chemical fug? And now finally it smells a bit like cheap soap, it must know what I'm thinking...

Sweet orange notes are clearly not something for me...

possumke
possumke

A Glorious opening.... a sparkling very true to life lily burst, lasting all of 5 minutes, then it suddenly falls flat... deflating like a sad balloon into a nondescript powder puff. Disappointing.

sophiatwli
sophiatwli

I like the scent. It's not the type of scent that you can smell on every woman. The scent is crisp and warm at the same time. Very playful, innocent and classy. Most suitable for women in their early 20s. However, it is too faint of a fragrance- I couldn't smell it after half an hour.

smelling_gr8
smelling_gr8

I have somehow always managed to bypass this scent on the shelves in my local store until a very generous fragrantican has sent me a decant. And I am so glad she did.
This is a beautiful white crisp lilly scent. Not the heady church white lilly but somewhat green, somewhat powdery and definitely very cold and sparkly lilly. It would be a perfect wedding or summer ball perfume. It opens a bit strange and sharp but luckily that does not last long. It quickly settles down to the green lilly scent and remains pretty linear.
It lasts a long time on me, projects well despite me even realising it and yielded 3 compliments in one day. It is a winner for me.

mademoiselle-c
mademoiselle-c

SO fresh, SO clean, SO floral - WOW. This fragrance is the epitome of clean-cut, white-linen, and wedding dresses. What a lovely scent. I cannot attest to the staying power as I did not try it on, but it seems wonderful!

CaSentBeau
CaSentBeau

The intensely green note in this fragrance is to me what really makes the difference, sharp and almost a bit salty. Baiser Vole is an elegant floral, a fresh and refined lily, pleasantly soapy, classy and highly office appropriate.

wendyangeln
wendyangeln

Lilies!

You are Thumbelina and you fell asleep INSIDE A LILY.

It is beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. This would be a signature scent for me if it had staying power. I don't know if it's because it doesn't have a base like amber or musk or patchouli for the lily to cling to, but this is completely GONE in less than 2 hours for me. GONE.
Sometimes I brave it and carry it around to revive the scent but I end up using so much that I can tell the level has gone down in the bottle. Now, this is CARTIER juice - it don't come cheap! I can't afford to be using ~5 ml every full day I wear it.

So this is sadly out of the rotation. I keep it tucked away in its box to ward off temptation. I only wear it for quick outings, and it always gets a TON of compliments (someone told me once that I smelled like romance!) but it always disappears far too quickly.

kn_86
kn_86

I've never been to an English Garden; yet if I did, Baiser Vole ( I would imagine) would simply smell just exactly like that. My first encounter with Baiser was in Saks. The SA's were literally licking their lips around this frag and soon enough they were showering me with hefty small vials ( samples). Initially, I was there for Tom Ford's Violet Blonde, which I bought.

Baiser oozes happily with green leaves. The lily is bursting sharply with this one. Baiser doesn't sneak into my skin. It SINGS and sploshes around the imaginary English garden in my head. Dry-down is creamy, creamy, creamy. All i can say is, it's a garden party all over your body.

Lily, lily, lily... did I say lily?? And powder.
I really like this fragrance as I already wrote and I'm trying hard to make it please me as signature, but I'm on a fence.
It smells refined and classy, absolutely feminine and soft enough for modern tastes yet kicking with a solid base.
It smells like a woman who looks fairy and dreamy yet holds the stick of the situation. Angel face, strong fist. Well, not really me LOL!
I love the EdP and don't care for other versions EdT or Parfum.
EdP for me is its best form.
I still have to make a habit out of it or better a signature, which is strange because I never did so with perfumes.
I just wanted something Cartier because I loved some of their glorious scents, especially Panthere and above all So Pretty. That was my perfect perfume. Perfect for everything.
Perhaps I'm still looking for that special rose and the soft warm sandalwood.

chillalot
chillalot

what a fresh soapy sharp scent...very pretty...this smells so sophisticated I can't wait to add this to my collection...as usual I collected random opinions from my male and female coworkers and 4/4 loved it. sniffers said things like " I love that/what is that/must buy that for so and so and lots of mmmhhhs and moving in for a closer whiff. Cartier has a real people pleaser here....expect lots of compliments

stormyla
stormyla

I've always been a big fan of Cartier fragrances and was really looking forward to this one. Unfortunately I found it to be a big disappointment.

I grow about 50 types of lilies and this smells nothing like any of them. It is a very pleasant soft floral scent, but it's nothing unique or memorable. The longevity on me was quite poor for the EDP, not detectable after about 3 hours.

In my opinion,it's performance does not merit it's cost. I'm glad that others are enjoying it and I will look forward to the next Cartier release!

winkibat
winkibat

Wow! Infinitely better than I expected. I was a bit afraid that it would be too "green" for my liking, but it's not. Now, the opening comes off as very green, like freshly cut stems. But the drydown...the drydown is magnificent. Definitely a good lily, but in my opinion not as sharp of a smell as a real lily. This perfume is creamier. Almost like the idea of vanilla while not smelling like vanilla at all, if that makes sense. Sillage is only moderate, but I get great longevity.

clickingpenguin
clickingpenguin

I was lucky enough to receive a sample of this fragrance in the mail when I ordered perfume from Macy's. Somehow, Baiser Vole manages to be fresh and clean but very elegant at the same time. Usually, citrusy/green smells tend to smell too much like air fresheners. However, I think the strong lily presence makes it beautiful.

fleurdefi
fleurdefi

I tried this on and felt that I had just walked into a flower shop. It is exactly the same scent of a florist! The lily and green notes stand out initially and then it settles into a softer floral with powdery notes. Very unique and pretty.

denncita
denncita

In order to smell the true lily flower in this perfume, you have to give it time to develop on the skin. The first whiff smelled very green, almost like smelling the stems and leaves of the lily. I couldn't really smell the citrus though. Then it started to tone down into a soapy clean smell... and finally I smelled the lilies (approximately 15 min after applying it). There is a creaminess that comes with it. As I smell my wrist I am taken a few years back to when I would attend mass and the lily bouquets adorned the entire church.

NicoleET88
NicoleET88

Let us cut to the chase! I'm somewhat disappointed in this fragrance.
My mother has a vase full of cut Cherbourg lilies from her garden sitting right behind me. I know there are subtle differences in scent between varieties...but the floral in this fragrance is not any lily I've ever encountered. Though, for a fleeting moment, I do get the dusty stamen effect.

During the first few minutes, the scent puts me in the mind of clean, soapy water. Then it strengthens and becomes something more "Generic Floral Perfume", which is the exact opposite of what I'd hoped for. I expected a realistic and natural lily, with a pronounced green bite. Ultimately, what I got was a very strong & soapy Not Lily, and celery.

Waiting it out, though, I can say that the end stages of this fragrance are very pretty, and I will at least be able to use up my two sample vials. It's still never a lily to me, but on my clothes it does eventually take on a very natural and crisp tone, very evocative of Springtime. On my skin, it vanishes within minutes to a sweet, nondescript "creamy powder." I'll call it musk, since this is usually how most musk-based fragrances end on me, though Baiser Vole has no musk listed.

All in all, not what I expected, still pretty, but in no way FB worthy. Pity, too...the bottle is beautiful.

LoveMeDo7
LoveMeDo7

Cartier reaches into the past to create something new. It's Great Gatsby glamour with long satin gowns and fresh flowers in every room. It starts off very fresh and green, and it quickly becomes a beautiful lily scent that lasts for hours. Stunning ~ elegant ~ breathtaking!

levinebabe
levinebabe

Cartier, I love you.
Thank you for making such a great scent. I was taken aback with the beauty of these lilies. I felt a deja vu with Baiser Vole, or, is it? I felt that this is a familiar scent. I have smelled many florals, but I never find such a great and unique scent among them. The greenness, the breathtaking lily, how beautiful! The Lily is green and light, suitable for everyday use. I got a lot of these light lily, and and I was trapped. I didn't want to get out though. In the meadow of lilies and green leaves. There is no better feeling. As time passes, the lilies vanished into the thin air. I had a great time then. Now to spray some more Baiser Vole, get trapped again, and well, it goes.

flashrainbow
flashrainbow

This one is very lovely and screams GREEN!
Yes, uberly green in a good way..and lily. Crisp, fresh and elegant. I imagine having an exclusive garden party in white summer dress, sipping Sangria and having a good laugh with my girls. I also have the same feeling like when I wear Hermes Un Jardin Sur le Nil. somehow, i love Baiser Vole better. even heart the name.

beatrix75

i love the way its smell soft lilly elegant beautiful frag ling lasting but not overpowdering!!briliant like the other cartiers

LordD

I just purchased my second bottle of Baiser Volé EDP, and this time I went for the 100ml one.

The opening is my favourite part: very, VERY green, heady, nose-tingling, (discretely cistrusy) lilies. It's also quite aquatic and has a slightly metallic touch.

This phase lasts for just a few minutes, and then you get a very soft, powdery, slightly vanilla-y lily that lasts all day but stays very close to the skin. A bit too close in my opinion.

JesseBelle
JesseBelle

I just bought this today. I was looking for a perfume that was significantly different from all the others I seemed to be smelling lately. I had to pause when I smelt this, there is something dreamy and mysterious and lingering about it... and despite me popping over to all the other counters, include D&G, Gucci, CH, Armani, YSL, etc, I returned to Cartier. It lingered around my skin for the two hours I was at the store and I knew I loved it, so bought the 100ml (costs R1180 in RSA!!) bottle. So in love with it, now 5 hours later and I can still smell it everywhere I go!! So worth this purchase!

butterbean
butterbean

GORGEOUS floral Lily scent.

There is something simply beautiful about Baiser Vole. I am loving it.

It has a sweet the hypnotic scent of large white trumpet lilies. Perfect floral for spring and summer.

Baiser Vole is a sort of "dusty" powdery creamy sweet floral that has a nice SEXY vibe to it.

I say dusty in a good way -- sort of a muted powdery tone. You would have to burry your nose in a trumpet Lily to understand why I say dusty.
It truly is just like the Lily. The sweetness just enough and perfectly balanced with green notes.

You have to try for yourself.

I have gotten complements since the moment I sprayed it on and I have been wearing it non stop for 4 days now.

longevity is AMAZING! easy 9 hours!

canadianpetite
canadianpetite

I confuse lily with lily-with-the-valley which I find too sharp. Lilies, on the other hand, here is soft and seems rounded rather than sharp with an edge. It is modern and fresh with its green notes. The lilies do stay throughout and stay delicious. I imagine this as suitable for a spring wedding.

I usually prefer thick, warm, spicy or smoky scents which is the opposite of this but I love the flip top of this flacon so curiousity got the better of me. Glad I took a sniff. It is now available at my local Sephora which makes me happy as it is often mentioned by perfumistas. Will have to revisit before purchasing.

One spray on me,
Sillage: 2 feet with trail
Longevity: more than 4 hrs
Rating: 4/5 for now but will keep testing

alchemist1976stephanie
alchemist1976stephanie

Baiser Vole is the gentle and gorgeously feminine love child of Chloe and Prada Infusion d'Iris. It has all the floral beauty of the lily with just a touch of powdery soapiness you get in much more vivid abundance in the other two. It is a much lighter and fresher fragrance for those who find the previously mentioned scents too overbearing. Don't expect this one to be loud despite the flourish of the sweetly floral bouquet that opens the composition. It settles quickly into a delicate sweet, clean just a notch above skin scent. Ageless, this will appeal to anyone who wants to explore florals without being smacked in the face with the bouquet! I can't wait to get my hands on the bath and body line too!

woodlandwalk
woodlandwalk

Baiser Vole is gorgeous - waxy petals, green stems, tangy and peppery, but softened with a note that's reminiscent of a sunny beach holiday, which gives a slight sensual edge to this fresh, elegant perfume. The bottle design is everything good design should be - reminding me of zippo lighters, E-type Jags and Art Deco.

It ‘s a green floral (but not exactly citrusy or hard edged) and yes, it does smell like a high-end florist shop! More specifically, like an elegant Victorian glasshouse filled with palm trees and exotic rare flowers growing in fragrant peppery soil. Which funnily enough is exactly the setting in which I discovered Baiser Vole! (alongside Seville a L'aube, which is also gorgeous) at a perfume and poetry event in the Botanic Gardens.

There's another note in this perfume that I just couldn't put my finger on - so I looked at the review of Baiser Vole on Perfume Shrine which mentions salicylates - notes naturally found in some white florals that are used in sun tan lotions and shampoos (I knew it had happy associations!)

Longevity-wise, things rarely last on my cool dry skin, but this does. I sprayed this on 5 hours ago and it's still wafting around beautifully. Also, my Mum came round for lunch today and within seconds commented on how lovely I smelled, so I showed her the bottle and sprayed a little on her wrist, and she remarked - 'keep that beautiful perfume away from me before it ends up in my handbag'!

Sprayed on skin it becomes more sunny, on clothes it retains the fresh-cut pepperiness longer. I predict this perfume will become popular for summer, I hope not TOO popular!

dormir6
dormir6

I'am not keen on flowery perfumes,but I really like this one.A big bunch of freshly cut white lilies, with a hint of brigth citrus, as dewy and deligthful like the green grass after morning shower on a sunny day. Stay constant on my skin, doesn't change too much. Overall it may be suitable for every woman even for formal occasions, but can be worn on a simple day. Nice, classic feminine fragrance, but modern women can enjoy it.

SandraV
SandraV

I *really wanted* to like this as I love anything lily but on me it smells kinda weird.I do get lily but the other notes make it smell a bit muddled....yet like the review below I still find myself sniffing my wrist a lot.It's an intriguing scent for sure but not for me sadly.

ms rochambeau
ms rochambeau

Lilies are my favorite flower so I'm a sucker for scents that evoke liles. I like Basier Vole a lot, but it's a little too on the grean side for me. My favorite lily scent is Serge Lutens' Un Lys.

HebaD'Opium
HebaD'Opium

I've mixed feelings about this perfume, i tried it on my skin at the airport before buying it and thank god i did. It smells weird on me yet it had this something that kept me sniffing my wrist :(
It smells bad on my skin, bad chemistry right there.

At the first spritz it definitely reminded me of green tea, you know how you might over do it with the green tea and end up with too many leaves in your mug and when you taste your tea you feel like gagging? well, that's how it felt like for the first 15 minutes when i applied it. Just heavy bitter green tea.
I also felt a hint of basil and celery, it was very nauseating.
After the first 15-20 minutes i could actually smell the lilies.....FINALLY. Very soft lilies with a hint of something citrus.y which is a good thing because the citrus here tones down that bitter green tea like scent i got on my skin.
It stayed like that for a good couple of hours then the dry down was soooooo soft and calm and very unlike the crazy green tea thing i got and made me feel dizzy and nauseated.

So, it's longevity is good lasted up to 5 hrs, sillage is fine, i felt it actually radiating away from me.
However, i didn't like it, i just liked the phase where it was about lilies and citrus but i hated that green tea and basil scent :(

Germany
Germany

I like it. Would gladly wear it but probably won't run out to get it. I like gourmand scents a little more. This is beautiful though. Elegant and classy. Could see a well dressed gourgous woman in this Classy and wealthy. Sophisticated.

Siv55
Siv55

The bottle is a joy. Flip top lid opens like an old-fashioned cigarette lighter. Beautiful rounded glass. It looks chic and expensive. The scent is a lovely light pink. I wanted to like it so much but when I first sprayed it it was far too sharply green for me.

Museumgal
Museumgal

Goodness, this smells just like fresh cut grass. Must be the stem notes, it's uncanny. There is a little lily soapiness but mainly it's just green grass. Lasts about four hours on me, and is linear -- grass!

thazinha30

Sprayed on paper this fragrance smells flowery, yes, but also citric and green, very fresh. Got myself a sample and on my skin it smells only lillies, no citrus, no green grass, very different from what it smells on paper. Not a bad scent just too flowery for my taste... i feel like im walking around with a lillies bouquet around my neck. Longevity and sillage are weak on me. I like it ok but would not purchase a whole bottle unless i could smell those wonderful green, citrus-y notes i smelled on paper.

Update: I have to take back the longevity comment above. Although the sillage is soft the longevity is actually pretty good, when I came home after a long day at work I could still smell it in my skin.

SimplyOliver
SimplyOliver

I recall the huge bouquets of lilies we got at home when I was a child.

Baiser Volé is pretty it. A delicate blast of lilies. Subtle and not overpowering, light and bright, uplifting and feminine.

Love it ! This will be the next gift for my wife I guess...

mrjohn12
mrjohn12

Sprayed this on, got a rush of heat to my face followed by a stinging sensation. Now, can't stop sneezing. Methinks I'm allergic to lilies :(

On top of that, I'm not much int flowery fragrances. They usually make me sneeze.

PolarBear2
PolarBear2

Initial scent was clean and fresh and then it died so fast like something was cut off. I cant buy this.

thazinha30

Stolen kiss... hmmmm, I smelled this on paper and loved the first notes, very fresh. After a while I smelled something salty, green and a bit floral, like a big garden by the ocean. Need to get a sample to test on my skin but so far, on paper, I kinda like it.

mmiched
mmiched

Lily, Lily and more Lillies....I love the Lily scent and the freshness after the drydown. Smells so clean, it does remind me of shampoos of the 80's! I love it!

filmoyster
filmoyster

I like Cartier's Baiser Vole but not enough to buy it.

I want to mention that I am highly allergic to lily flowers, especially the stargazer variety. I was very hesitant to try the sample I got from Sephora (it was one of their substitutes). Curiosity won and I discovered I tolerated Baiser Vole very well.

The lily must be created from a high quality synthetic because I had literally no reaction to the fragrance. I also had the rare experience of enjoying the scent of lily for the first time, as all other times with the flower or fragrance have given me allergic reactions or migraines. If I ever buy a lily perfume, it will most likely be this one.

I found:

Within the first five minutes:
- Lily
- More lily
- Fresh cut lily

The perfume evolves into:
- Soft floral with fresh green notes
- Disappeared after two hours

*6/10 rating
*1/10 headache factor - this does not give me a headache.

filmoyster.wordpress.com

celebrity89
celebrity89

So close to Estee Lauder's classic Private Collection. It is a modern version and a little less "old ladyish". It has a clean shampoo vibe like original Prell shampoo.

Bdarci
Bdarci

Just bought this yesterday after sampling it on many consecutive days. I still wasn't sure so I bought the smallest EDP. The lily is obvious.. I compared it with the pure Lily scent of Lys by Annick Goutal. Baiser opens with a carnation spice, which is the note that lasts longest on me. If I dare say it, the spice at the beginning is reminiscent of Opium. I have always secretly liked that perfume, though never worn it. I'm still not convinced that this is a keeper for me, but I'm getting to know it.

aspida
aspida

This is my favorite one.
I feel only Lilies... Lilium !

arrode
arrode

The green notes are very powerful in this. I received this as a sample without knowing anything about it and tried to guess at the notes and all I could think of was the green stems of a bouquet of flowers. That's what it smells like. It honestly has the smell of spring, greenery, that bouquet of indiscernible flowers, and yes, now that I've looked at the notes, I can definitely smell the citrus. Sillage isn't weak as this stays close to the skin. It's not offensive, but has a powdery smell to me.

Peachply
Peachply

I sampled this, wore it multiple times and very much enjoyed it. Modern, crisp, light, feminine and yet clear not to flowery. Very enjoyable for spring/summer.

I reviewed Cartier BAISER VOLE eau de toilette a while back and found it to be a vegetal green scent similar to the milk which drips inside the green stems of some plants. It initially reminded me more of violet leaf, but eventually I came to believe that it might be the scent of the inside of the stem of a lily plant.

BAISER VOLE eau de parfum, in contrast, has very little greenishness or inner stem milk quality to it at all. To me this seems like a very different perfume. The lily petals have been suspended in a sticky, somewhat sweet base like the one used for the Yves Rocher Secret d'Essence series. In fact, this might have been the lily entry in that line-up...

When I first donned BAISER VOLE eau de parfum, I was convinced that I smelled magnolia in this composition. Only lily is listed in the note hierarchy, but the floral scent seems so much like a cross between magnolia and lily to me that I even reached for my Elizabeth W magnolia candle to compare the two. It may be that the sticky base is creating the illusion of magnolia here.

Unfortunately, despite my fondness for both lily and magnolia, this creation does not really sit well with my nose. I'm pretty sure that the base is the culprit here, making the perfume smell slightly off-kilter and a bit uncomfortable. I suspect that the concept was to make a seductive, slightly dirty, but still mass-marketably sweet lily perfume. It actually smells a bit obscene, but in an embarrassing, not an appealing way. Not for me.

asher.jessie
asher.jessie

Weak and watery. It's almost as if the bottle is filled with nothing but water.

There's no need to spend big bucks on something that is so weak and frail, which they simply pass off as "dainty" or "elegant".

This has absolutely no character.

jivaswood
jivaswood

Baiser Vole is a perfume that smell deceives many. The first impression is the same of a burst of white lilies fused with green notes (certainly synthesized in laboratories Cartier). Well, when the greenbacks begin to disappear and in its place appears the pure lily oil, you can really see that everything that was superficial and annoying (it's really a shock to the noses in the beginning) gives way to pure essence of lily. The bottle is stylish and well designed as a ring or any other jewelry produced by Cartier. The dry down is one of the best in the contemporary market. The smell of lilies is pure and true (those who like lilies or perfumes like ETERNITY, will probably love it). Anyway, after describing the scent and my overview on the whole, I come to my feeling about this perfume. I like it, I think it's pulsating, intense, passionate and pure (you can percept the quality of the essences used). Not something I'd use, I think even a little powdery (and I dislike powdery fragrances), but it's something that I can smell in other people with pleasure.

Scent:

3,5*/ 5*

Bottle:

4,5*/5*

prettyswag
prettyswag

I tried to like this...but all i got was watery carnation flowery violet notes...and it smelled very flowery like funeral flowers brought to a quiet church...not a wow for me...its for my moms mother.

Shtefitza
Shtefitza

Hm...?! I like the promo story about the "whole lily; flower, stem and all...". However I am REALLY curious for somebody to deconstruct this mistery of a fragrance for me. I definitelly notice a clove or carnation right at the opening. What an interesting idea for a head of the perfume!! It does give you a kick, a little different from your usual bergamot/ orange/ grapefruit opening. And I sense this imposing opening is going to be the note that many people find repulsive (as I read the reviews). However in my opinion the "harsh" opening gives real kick and interest to this otherwise very feminine and ladilyke floral fragrance with some green "bones". I love it! Can I believe this? I am (because of Baiser Vole) turning into a "flowery perfume girl" and already ordered another "innocent floral" last night. There are some white flower notes at the heart. I have hard time believing it is only lily. I am assuming this is neroli or gardenia, something gentle, that may represent an idea of a lily. Then there is something green. Strong enough to imagine lily's strong green stalk, but again I am assuming this is going to come from patchouli or galbanum. The base is quite gentle, airy. I will refrain from guessing the source of that layer... :D This is a true puzzle for me! But I will not break my head over it. I will enjoy it and open my mind and start exploring some new florals... :)

nikoleta1
nikoleta1

Masterpiece, best of Cartier frags, long lasting, flowery with a twist, highly recommended. Edt is great too, i have both, classy smells.

sekargambir
sekargambir

It was beautiful and kind of suprise on the first spritz, stayed a true lily until 10 minutes, then it morphed into heavy, powdery animalistic scent I tried so hard to like. Sorry, my skin chemistry doesn't agree with this beauty.

I like white lilies flavor. Usually other lilies don't smell as intensive and beautiful. All I can say that I can't feel them in this fragrance for sure and maybe no lilies at all. Disappointment(

dhoakohime
dhoakohime

Very elegant scent. It is a very bright fresh scent but at the same time it is strong and it has very good projection and longevity. It is crystalline, above all crystalline and transparent.... but at the same time it is crisp as well, and penetrating, like the reflections in a well polished diamond.

It is quite hard to describe this scent as it is fresh but it is not your typical citrus or your typical watery or your typical fresh grass or fresh-flower scent. The lily is not a "natural lily" per se, there's nothing green in this perfume...the most noticeable notes, not because they are the strongest, but because they are the most recognizable (we all know how they smell like), might be the citruses..but then again saying this is a citrus scent would be far from accurate.

I won't add more nonsense....summing up: just a pure crystalline scent that makes me think about rain drops caressed by the sunlight.

I was so excited to find a lily scent and the sales person told me it was a single flower note. I do love the first spray when the lily hits my nose. If only the lily would last. On me it vanishes shortly and goes on with other notes. I still like it but just not lilly enough for me. The bottle is oh so lovely. On me it is not lasting so purchasing the lotion would help.

lupereira
lupereira

Not "Stolen keys". The meanning is "Stolen kiss". On my skin reminds me a balmy L'occitane Notre Flore Iris. This one develops fresh and gentle. The L'occitane one is more linear and stiff.

małgorzata.kurpiewska
małgorzata.kurpiewska

The opening of this one is truly disgusting to me. Like broken branches or something. It disqualifies the whole thing to me.

sawsit
sawsit

no words for me i get it as gift but i still want it more because it make me so alive form green fresh of lily flower , very nice combination

silverbutterfly

As far as I understand the translation is "Stolen keys". It smells crisp, sharp, destinctive citrus, laying on the fresh-cut grass

LordD

After a half a minute or so the citrusy notes disappear and give way to the astonishing freshly cut white lilies. On paper, half an hour later, the green notes are still there quite intact. On my skin, however, it turns mostly into greenish soap/powder. Still beautiful, though; I’ll probably purchase a bottle.

The morning after: It's got good lasting power. I spritzed it on my wrist at noon and I could still smell it when I went to bed. It even resisted my numerous compulsive hand washings.

the_hiding_amaranth
the_hiding_amaranth

I got this perfume for my birthday but hadn't smelled it before. Unfortunately, this perfume triggered a really hardcore migraine for me, and I've never had a migraine in my entire life. I'll have to give it away, I guess.

evhely
evhely

Baiser Volè: a suit of lilies surrounded by a puff of green freshness. I think it's femminine and the sweetness dusty and not overwhelming. With the passing of time the sweet notes mingle among the green ones.It result that's an elegant fragrance, strong but thin ... transmits romanticism but also safety, practicality ... a fragrance for a romantic woman but determined ... perfectly to the reality of modern.

Decodawn
Decodawn

Baser Vole is Romance, moonlight and walking amongst flowers in a Turkish garden, this fragrances conjures up the memories of a wonderful holiday in Olu Deniz when night scented flowers were in abundance. This is a very romantic, floral perfume, lily is the heart of this fragrance, it is light on first application but then warms to reveal a soft powdery, sensual fragrance. Gorgeous. The bottle is well crafted with a gold cigarette lighter effect and a slim line glass bottle which would adorn any dressing table. Cartier are masters at creating fabulous fragrances.

Fiji
Fiji

Gorgeous,Elegant and Crisp, I love this scent! The bright green note reminds me a little of Chanel No.19. The only complaint I have is the scent doesn't "develop" on me. I get the Lily and then all to quickly the scent, bottom notes and all, disappear.

dlane1953
dlane1953

I REALLY REALLY wanted to love this but Baiser Vole just wouldn't cooperate with my body chemistry. The bright green, refreshing opening was very pleasant, and the unfolding of the lily notes delighted me for about 2 hours; then the "love affair" began to unravel. As the hours passed, the fragrance began to smell very synthetic on my skin, and after 5 hours I couldn't take it anymore and scrubbed it off. The offending notes smelled like--how should I describe this?--stale food odors. You know, that staleness left in the air the day after a big dinner party.

Sillage is low, longevity fair. So the search for a great lily fragrance continues.
Note: I broke out in a rash within 24 hours of use, so clearly this one doesn't work for me on many levels!

mmanor
mmanor

After trying the tester for a couple of weeks, I finally got the eau de parfum gift set. Since I'm pregnant, I can't wear my a lot of my perfumes. Baiser vole is one of the few that I can wear during this time. I love the fesh scent of lilies. It reminds me of my sister's wedding. We all carried bouquets of stargazer lilies, which smelled divine. The powdery dry down does not leave a soapy trail, but a rather comforting feeling to last you after the lily fades. This is a good scent for the office and daytime. I just wish it lasted more than a few hours.

ta2kitty
ta2kitty

Unfortunately, on my skin this perfume smelled like jicama with lime. Not a bad smell, just not something I'd want to wear (I'd rather eat it LOL) I was really hoping for the wonderful lilies others got...

handbagshoes
handbagshoes

I'm very disappointed. Having been a huge fan on Le Baiser du Dragon I thought this might be a little take on it. This is too floral for my liking. Smells like old ladies perfume from Avon. The smell after a while just makes me feel a bit sick. For a expensive perfume there just isn't any kick and it last about 30 minutes tops. it is just not worth the money. I love the majority of Cartier perfumes and this is a very big disappointment. This is the first Cartier perfume where no one has asked me what I am wearing. Its just not noticed. This I have to wear every other day to work just to get rid of it.

franksgirl
franksgirl

To me its smells like a herbal hair wash. I do not get this scent, I cannot detect any lilies in this more like crushed lily leafes which is not a good thing. Silage is pretty weak IMAO
Recent version of Eau de Parfum is much better option that I actually like very much

pbluberry
pbluberry

Such a lovely scent. It's fresh and green with water lily shinning through. Most lily scent are usually powdery and strong. This is by far my best blind buy thus far. The sillage and longevity might not be as good as some other but I can overlook it since it's so beautiful. I wouldn't expect something this good with only three notes; lily, green, and citrus. Wonderfully surprised, the only downfall is the price tag that goes with it.

natural
natural

OMG!! words are just not enough to describe the beauty of this scent!! love at first sniff! Truly a masterpiece!! worths every penny! one of my top 5 frags!

RGR
RGR

I tried this the other day and I have to say this smelled quite sophisticated and modern. Wow! I love the opening! I might even say its ethereal in a way. Its as if I want to catch the notes and analyze them but they are eluding me because they remind me of so many things at the same time. They slip through my fingers.This may be a perfume for those who do not want to be smothered by heady notes. The notes are like the green elegance of a bouquet, the purity of citrus notes, the sheerness of air.

I get lilies in the beginning along with citrus notes.This is not loud, offensive, intrusive or obnoxious. It gets quite green and leafy. It kind of reminds me of crushing some leaves or fresh cut flower stems.The woman who wears this is quite modern and doesn't need or ask for attention. She already has it. This is subtle, light and crisp sophistication that dries out to some flowery, woody and (to my nose) quite airy composition.

Le Baiser Voile is a cool, clean, elegant choice.....an absolute beauty.It gives me a fresh and cool feeling. It makes me feel like whoever wears this isn't trying to hard to impress because she knows her worth. I love this. Unfortunately my skin ate it up in 30 minutes and refuses to give it back. I hope others can wear this beauty and have it last more than it did on me. Either way I intend to buy it and wear it.

onebadbaby
onebadbaby

This perfume is beautiful. It is a simple, elegant, fresh floral, slightly powdery and very feminine and 'grown up'. I can't really detect the citrus notes in this, to me it pure Lily, but not just the lily flower scent, it smells like a whole lily plant, maybe how a lily would smell if you were to crush it in your hand. It also has a slight aquatic feel to it, like the morning dew on the lily leaf.

The delicate nature of this fragrance means the silage is subtle but it does last a rasonable time on the skin, which suits it's character perfectly.

I love the bottle, so simple and elegant.

bruby
bruby

I absolutely love this scent, it is light, fresh, femminine, unfortunately after spending a fortune on it it does not last on me:(

Ana_Raio
Ana_Raio

Refined, elegant, discrete, feminine, sensual, engaging ... How many adjectives to define it? If fixation was better, this would be perfect.

aromajunkie
aromajunkie

Found this at a discount store and I had never heard of it, so I looked it up on fragrantica and the notes sounded so “me”. With some difficulty I resisted a blind buy since this one is not exactly cheap, and consoled myself with some samples from Ebay. From the description, I was hoping for a green, dry, lily scent. I’ve been craving dry and green types of fragrances lately, things that are comforting and natural and zen-like, and lily is one of my favorite floral notes. I went through one sample vial in one day, its doesn’t have the best longevity or sillage its true, but I want that in some of my scents so that I can wear them in fragrance-sensitive environments (I work in a hospital). By the time I’d opened the second sample, I was all set to find a big bottle on ebay. I had been to the store where I’d seen it before but it had been purchased, sadly, so I didn’t expect to be able to get it off the shelf. In a great surprise today, I went back to that store just to browse, and apparently someone had not been happy with it, because there was one box there with tape on the lid. Their mistake is my lucky break! First I get a grassy leafy accord, swifly swept up by a pure creamy lily. Once they blend together it is heavenly. That grassy hint tones down into a pleasant and natural smelling green stem. Light, so smooth, and ethereal. As it dries down a bit, even though its not mentioned in the notes, I sense a very miniscule amount of something that’s just a touch sweet, almost a vanilla but not a sugary one. Just enough. This is SO what I wanted this fragrance to be. Thank you to whomever returned the huge bottle!! Its almost impossible for me to choose a signature scent because I have so many and switch them up so frequently, but when I do find one that I wear more than others, its special to me. Basier Vole eau de parfum definitely has signature scent potential for me.

In some aspects it reminds me of Yves Rocher Magnolia. I do think Baiser Vole is intersting and I will buy it in time, but in this department, if you are looking for more sillage and staying power vintage Magnolia could be seen as an enhancement of this perfume.

flora lee
flora lee

I love the green stem notes and the lilies but this thing is also full of musk, because it goes nuts on my skin when I go to the stressful workplace. That is just what musk can do on my skin - it breaks apart and becomes very loud in a fake plastic skinscent kind of way. Wearing Baiser Vole at home, it is soothing, pretty, more powdery, but I think that musk should be included in the notes here since that is what contributes those powdery notes. Strangely I found the EdT to be louder, with heavy orange, not as soothing or pretty as this. It is one of the nicest lily accords, wish I could wear this more often.

pri_alip
pri_alip

My goodness, what can I say about Baiser Vole other than "gorgeous"? It's elegant, soothing, feminine. It's like being surrounded by beautiful lillies!
Contrary to other opinions I've read here, on my skin it stays for quite a while. Lasts for more than a few hours.
A really precious one, a timeless fragrance I will always cherish.

katystunning
katystunning

I have fallen in love with this fragrance when I received a little tester. I bought it a year ago (30ml)for Christmas and I still love it, although I'm not going to buy a new one. It's quiet expensive and the longevity and sillage aren't as good as I expected .

Caroledee
Caroledee

Lovely scent but it lasts hardly any time at all. It needs more staying power as it fades to nothing in less than a hour
A real shame. Especially at this price!

Emg905
Emg905

I really like this; it smells just like a bouquet of stargazer lilies. It did turn a little too powdery on me (story of my life), so I passed the sample I had on to a friend and it was perfect on her.

merlin
merlin

A beautiful and fresh bouquet of lilies .
Linear ...absolutely non complex , feminine ,elegant and simple at the same time... but with character .

The bottle is quite original and It suits well to the juice in It.

If you got sick of all the strong florientals or gourmandish perfumes of nowadays then you can find some RELAX and pleasure with this wonderful soliflore.

Moderate silage and good lasting power

pixelmoxie
pixelmoxie

If I could only find the words to describe this fragrance...it is so beautiful to me that I am left speechless.

I will try anyways:

It is a whisper of green,
and the spirit of spring.
It is beauty with a soul,
and the essence of clean.

My most treasured scent.

mbrperfume
mbrperfume

I happened upon this perfume by accident in a store and was surprised by how much I loved it. It's so light and soft, but lasts a long time. The bottle is also very nice with the gold lid flipping open sideways. If you are usually overwhelmed by flowery scents, you might like this.

Also, I don't know if it's just me, but I think it smells quite similar to Crabtree & Evelyn's discontinued Carnation. It's got the light spicy floral thing going.

Both hunch and observation tell me that many of interesting, desirable by many men: sensitive, romantic, mostly honest, not completely jaded yet, fairly optimistic, thoughtful types, somewhat children at heart, easily get scared off by loud perfumes(and loud women too).
I mean those men who would never live at your expense and would never wait for you to make decisions of their life for them. These are probably the men who would also hope to dominate in their family life.
( Please, let them hope.)
Men who would value femininity above world records in sports and bit...ness, above big and successful careers and above large bank accounts of their women. Men who do not like to be overwhelmed.

So, if you are looking to attract these kind of men and then deal with the consequences, then wear Baiser Vole by Cartier. I am completely serious here.

This fragrance has innocence, softness, femininity. This fragrance is designed for a women at the pick of their fertility, not younger or older ones.
It gives me a vibe of a young and caring mother, beautiful just because of being such - young and caring mother.
Absolutely no associations with the funeral ceremonies or cemeteries here.
I encountered it first on my sister. She was on the passenger seat of my car. I smelled and saw the sparkles of this fresh fragrance sarrounding her. I asked her what she sprayed (Baiser Vole) and she admitted not smelling this fragrance on herself.
Apparently, men choose to give this fragrance to their women. My sister received Baiser Vole from her fiancé as a gift. She is a young women of exactly that age category that I think Baiser Vole was designed for. But she is not that mellow and soft romantic type that this fragrance matches.
But I liked how freshly Baiser Vole sparkled on her for about 30 minutes or so, then it became less noticeable. Anyway, I noticed this fragrance, it almost reminded me some of the other fresh floral fragrances I used in the past in the best way, but did not match exactly any of them.
I bought it for myself in September. Mostly enjoy the elegant look of the bottle. Something tells me that I am a little bit older than this fragrance would suggest.

nesca1502
nesca1502

I absolutely adore this fragrance, I completely love lilies and this perfume smells exactly like them, whenever I wear it I feel like I'm surrounded by an elegant and luscious Lily bouquet, I feel elegant and sexy.
I also love the fact that is very long-lasting and the sillage is also great, my car smells like it for several days after I wear it, and I get compliments when I wear it too.
One of my top three favorite perfumes ever.

Annica
Annica

This smells like a facial product, like skin toner. I don´t dislike it but I don´t find it interesting enough to buy it. Not my cup of tea.

ailishlu
ailishlu

When I first sprayed this on a tester strip in the store I thought it was lovely. I immediately got the soft flowers, so I was so excited to get a sample. I`m wearing this today and I find it so different on my skin. The first spray was somewhat disappointing. I got wet rotting grass. In fact very much like the small compost heap I have in my garden. After the initial shock I could smell the funeral flowers. It really did remind me of funerals and cemetaries, just as others have commented. It made me feel rather sad. However there is a kind of freshness about it that shows a glimpse of itself as I momentarily move around. As I move my arm, I get a slight lily smell which is not too bad at all. Now the drydown is pure lily for me, and really light and fresh. It´s there, and then it´s not there if you know what I mean. This is probably the best part of the whole fragrance for me. Even although I do like the subtle scent of lily, I would never buy this fragrance. It´s too light and so expensive and I really don`t like the unusual top notes. I don`t get any fruit or powder. The funeral home references are certainly not exaggerated.

basgam
basgam

Baiser Vole is an amazingly elegant fragrance. On my skin it's powdery floral, warm with a hint of freshness. In two words I would describe it as elegant softness. To me this is the scent of Monte Carlo which I visited at the beginning of 2012. I remember I was walking the posh avenues, and I smelled that scent (probably some woman must have had it on her) and I thought: 'Gosh, what a beautiful smell.. I wish I knew what it was..' And then by chance I checked the fragrance at the airport as it was the time of its advertising. I couldn't believe I'd found it! I purchased it straight away. I'm glad the EDP is not too overwhelming, can be used day/night all year round.

iremk
iremk

floral? yes; woody? after some hours yes; powdery? yes; citrussy? not on my skin and I am a brunette with a white complection; not mentioned in the review but leathery? very slightly but yes! longevity? if 6-8 hours is enough for you than it is quite stable. projection? moderate and you take compliments, be sure:) to put it all together; floral, feminine, and very classy just you expect from a Cartier

IeatYanYans
IeatYanYans

First impression when I sprayed this perfume was grass. Very very green grass. After a few minutes, it turns into an intensely floral scent. I usually love floral perfumes but this one is a bit too floral for me. I can't detect the citrus on my skin, just pure powerful lily. After a while this turns into a powdery fragrance. Not something I recommend for women under 20. Very classy but definitely not my cup of tea.

Catty
Catty

I just bought today the edt.
A perfect spring/summer scent.
Very refined and ladylike.
This is really very good!

karencherries
karencherries

Fresh, green and powdery all at once. This fragrance is lovely and unique. I don't get the funeral flowers/cemetery smell, that others have claimed to get from this. It's lily, lily stem and soft powder. I can't imagine this vibrant and beautiful fragrance being associated with funeral homes and burials.

perfumebox
perfumebox

Loved it initially and snapped up a 50ml bottle, but for some reason it's become overly heady and powdery-sweet with extended wear, and gives me a buzz in the head and an uncomfortable feeling at the back of my throat.

Now body chemistries and personal preferences are subjective and can change with time, so this is currently a little neglected. I can definitely still appreciate that it's a well-composed, elegant scent, quite atypical of lily fragrances, and lovely if you like the idea of being wrapped in a huge curtain of powdery-white flowers.

I've just learnt that I happen to prefer the kind of lily that is still tender and on the stem; crisp-smelling and bracingly-green, with that touch of soapiness.

pablOSO
pablOSO

COCINELLE thanks for the review

wow! im buying this one!

Cocinelle
Cocinelle

WOW.

After reading the reviews of Baiser Vole I had to try it.
I found interesting all those references to cemeteries and I already dreamt of decadency, something like indulging in a noir novel on a cold morning, looking at the snow out of the window. I feared only that it could have been boring.
Now that I sampled it, I must say that this is interesting, even if linear almost as much as linear could mean.
This fragrance gives exactly the feeling of being in a cemetery (which is interesting). Actually it smells like the entire process of visiting a dear departed.
In the opening I imagined myself buying a bouquet of flowers at the florist close by.
At the beginning of the dry down it started to rain and I ran in the direction of the cemetery. The grass, wet, and my flowers too, exhaled a strong lymphatic scent in the air.
Than it evolved, and as I walked on the lawn, I could smell the ground, soak, under it.

At last comes the part I still have mixed feelings about. As I got near the tombstones, all the other flowers brought weeks before were rotting and a subtle cloying smell was discharged and secreted in the water of the vases where they were contained.

So in my opinion Boiser Vole really smell like a cemetery, and not even metaphorically. I like it, in a very personal way, even with it's very realistic rotten flower note.

bond_girl1979
bond_girl1979

It is nice, I'd go as far as to say "lovely", but a little too light and safe for me. Let's put it this way, it's nothing I'd write home about. That said, I appreciate it's clean and feminine dose of elegance in the form of white lillies. It makes for perfect "office attire" with it's non-obtrusive subtlety. I love the bottle, it is very "Bond Girl" - so for that reason alone it goes up in my estimation ;-)
Edit: have since changed my rating to a 7.5 out of 10, simply because I realised in terms of an office scent it is pretty much one of the better ones, and suddenly I find myself addicted to the lovely aroma left imprinted on my memory.

fiammetta05
fiammetta05

I agree with dinosgirl3 and I hope the new eau de toilette is softer and more natural. This one is too chemical and yes, like someone said, it smells like cemetery flowers. What a pity, for such an elegant and attractive bottle!

pimentosugars
pimentosugars

If Baiser Vole was a garment, it would be a white angora cardigan, adorable when first bought, but fading very quickly into a thing of comfort rather than beauty.

Baiser Vole is lilies for women who don't want to be obtrusive. It's sweetheart without being too sweet, home without being homely. What a shame that the topnotes fade so quickly! I don't just mean the green notes, there's something else there that makes the initial scent utterly breathtaking. But it is over before I can identify it, and leaves one with a gently muted monofloral lily.

This fragrance won't offend anyone, and if someone has a crush on you, it is exactly the kind of built-in nostalgia perfume that would always remind them of you; especially if you are a yummy mummy with a toddler on one side, a labrador puppy on the other, a Grace Kelly hairdo and above all, a white angora cardigan.

felinecatz
felinecatz

I bought this on a whim, going through duty-free recently...I liked it when I tried it and it was on offer. Over time it has grown and grown on me, so much so it's the first one I reach for at the moment - I agree its an 'older' woman's scent, not especially light or delicate (which are the kind of perfumes I usually go for) but it does have its place in my perfume wardrobe. I was racking my brains trying to think of what 'that' smell was in this perfume - its so unusual, and then it came to me - evergreens - or conifers - and not in a christmassy way, but the smell when you cut hedges and its there, sharp, intense and green. That's what that perfume is to me - and because of that it's unusual and I like that about it too - it turns heads and during the time its worn, it softens but lingers, again not in a bad way - its one of those, because it's unusual, I find myself breathing in over and over again. Personally I love it, but it definitely makes a statement (on my skin, anyway) and I can see it wouldn't be for everyone. To me, beautiful.

pagocmb13
pagocmb13

I did not read all reviews:( Maybe somebody already mention it.
What surprised me is that the perfume followes the day.
It opens up as a happy bright morning and ends up as a sexsy night.
Love the movements of the juice.

Frances321
Frances321

This is a nice clean, fresh scent that I find to be quite unremarkable.

5354alice
5354alice

I get this as a gift last winter, and I like it: I think that it's an elegant and soft fragrance, perfect to wear every day, at work and in the free time...maybe it's good for a woman about 30 years old...I don't think it's suitablo for younger ones.

I would like to add that it is one of the less fragrances that my colleagues don't dislike...I work in an office with only men...they usually criticize my fragrances (I don't mind), expecially when they are much sweet. Unbeliavably they love this one!

kxnaiades
kxnaiades

i like it even though it's not as heady or complex as my usual favourite scents. it's quite linear, fresh REAL lilies and dirt (in a nice way, fresh dirt after the rain?) It's a quiet scent, relaxing, calming even. Not for days you wish to make a huge impact or be a power shaker. But definitely for days when you shun the high life and just want some hours of peaceful reflection or serene musing under shelter from the thunderstorm outside.
I have to add that this is truly a calming presence for me, as I have an extra bottle at work, to help me out when the day is dragging too long and my nerves are rubbing raw from tension. I can picture the coolness of the damp black earth and the roots of the lilies stretching up sturdy green stems and opening into glorious white flowers. I definitely would recommend this to anyone who wants the real deal- real LILIES, not an interpretation of what they should be. This is not a typical lily scent.

Cindykaul
Cindykaul

To tell the truth , I think this is very expensive perfume comparing with some of other branding bottles, those are very excellent stuff as well, however here is something quite attractive and seductive in the simple way . ….
I don’t know how to explain the feeling from me, it just all about the emotion from full package, the design of bottle, the falcon and the presentation -
“ Stolen kiss “ what an amazing name, Besides the most funny part is the boot of this perfume rather so simple , only Lily ,, however sometimes the simple is the best what the peoples desiring .. If you comparing the Cartier “ Le Baiser Du dragon “ (the kiss from Dragon), then came to completely difference story, the composition of “ LBDU” is so complicated but the resulting is remarkable masterpiece ( I love it als) , “ Baiser Vole cartier “ is just “ lily” so simple but unbelievable pleasure falcon .. Anyway, if you are crazy perfume lover as I am, then this is a bottle you should not missed it, but if you are the person who are aggressive what you should get it for what you paid for it , then ,,, please do think about before purchasing .. last, point , I just love it ,,, … and love it ..

Zephyrae13
Zephyrae13

I'm slightly disappointed. It is a good fragrance, but for me, the memory doesn't bring up my beloved Casablanca or stargazer lilies, but instead Easter lilies and funeral flowers. They just got too powdery and old ladyish. not that there's anything wrong with the fragrance itself, I just feel it's far too formal for me. When i first sprayed it, I got the leaves, and stems and then the pistils too! It was amazingly accurate as I grew up with lilies in the garden, but just the wrong kind of lily. Every time i smell it I am reminded of all of my grandparents funerals. I will be scrubbing this off. Sillage is medium, a couple feet or so out, and longevity on this scorcher of a day is impressive, probably because I've been sweating balls. My perfect Casablanca/stargazer lily search continues...

guest_Vie Cafe
guest_Vie Cafe

Just bought this today (eau de parfum) after thinking about it for a long time. I was wearing it to a coffee date with some friends and I have to say I am loving it. I kept on smelling it and never got annoyed with the always present smell. It is weird that I went into Holt Renfrew looking for something original and came out with this!! something about it was just too appealing and... earthy? (I'm from the countryside, love dirt! haha)

First of all, one of the best perfume bottle I have ever held. Its design is beautiful and heavy. I like to actually open and close it like a zippo, with a twist of the wrist. I think I am SO cool. I don't think this fragrance is THAT well behaved and polite. The Zippo shape makes me think of a charming stranger lighting a girl's cigarette at the corner street by a french cafe and maybe they'll talk and later share a kiss. It's also a little unusual and it doesn't care much for consequences. Just like stealing a kiss when not appropriate.

Second, there are some people that say that it smells like a synthetic lily, but I have to disagree. I have worked in plants nurseries and I had to pot lilies at one point and let me tell you that when you yank the root out of the dirt and some stems get crushed, You do not just get the strong heady creamy floral lily scent. you get the whole WILD, ORGANIC smell of the flower. This fragrance was not meant to smell like a strong floral. It's SUPPOSED to be dusty, musty, spicy and creamy like the whole plant.

Finally, I am sad to see all the anger and bitchiness in the reviews. I mean, this is my to go website and it always makes me feel so good to read all the nice people on here. I have built some internet-friendships on here. Please don't be mean to others!!

*edit*

wow! so many balloons! thanks guys:)

I wanted to add, today I was wearing a substantial amount of BV to work and as I was cleaning up and finishing my day, I caught a whiff of Eau de Noho by Bond no.9. I was like, wow! who is wearing this? I looked around only to realize that BV had dried-down to a copycat of Eau de Noho on my skin after 6 hours. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!!!! :)

jeca

Wonderful perfume, I smelled it today and still have edp and perfume on my hands.

EDP: I love the liveliness of the edp, citruses are perfect in it, it smells clean, little soapy, but lovely. I prefer this one.

Perfume: It's creamier, richer in warm notes, it's so long lasting, but it doesn't have those bright sunny citruses that illuminate the whole composition. It's calmer, maybe even more naturalistic, but the edp won my heart ;o)

I also smelled the new EDT: a waist of money.

alanav09
alanav09

this one is pure lillies! sits very nicely on the skin though, so i wouldnt apply it onto my clothes. definitely very strong, so if you like that sort of thing this is for u! i think fans of j'adore would like this.

redrose
redrose

I really love this fragrance.....pure,simple like fresh bouquet of lilies in the airy, sunny flower shop....I can not detect any roses like some of the reviewers.
It is so feminine scent for gentle and also feminine woman .......

NaniFiona
NaniFiona

To me this is only roses!!! Don't get anything else! i like it though...

katemcq
katemcq

What I like about this one is the mellow, creamy quality that it has (something it oddly shares with Estee Lauder's Bronze Goddess). Unlike some, in which the spice doesn't blend, the blend here is good. It's what I would wear out to a casual Sunday brunch with girlfriends.

I don't find the lily too overwhelming.

I also agree that it smells like Crabtree and Evelyn's Spring Rain, but a bit more spicy/creamy.

TheCountess
TheCountess

Am I the only one who thinks this smells like Elizabeth Arden's 5th Avenue?

LesleyA
LesleyA

I recived an unexpected sample of this back in March while buying some cosmetics at Nordstrom. I nearly threw it away in disinterest, because I'm not in love with big-name department store fragrances, but I spritzed some on me anyway, knowing a shower was in my near future. I knew nothing about the notes. Initially, I wasn't crazy about the very green, crisp opening, but after 2-3 minutes, that softened. It was love!! I knew immediately what it reminded me of. During college, I worked at Crabtree and Evelyn, and loved the scent of their Spring Rain line. That's what this smells like to my nose. Soft, green, powdery, a teensy bit spicy...kind of vintage, English... polite and pretty. I love those qualities. I've said before in reviews that I tend to lean towards soliflores, and linear scents. The simpler the perfume pyramid, the better, for me. Lol This is one of the rare designer fragrances that actually is quite simple and linear. Very pleased it fell into my hands. :)
I have a full bottle, and regularly receive compliments when I choose to wear it. Of course I'd prefer the modest price tag of C&E's Spring Rain, over the substantial Cartier price tag, but sadly, SR has been discontinued. :)

dinosgirl3
dinosgirl3

Sadly, this one ended being a big disappointment. It is a very synthetic floral with soapy undertones. While I do enjoy a good "soapy" fragrance on occassion, this one is overpowered by artificial lily and what smells like tea roses to me. I wish it were a little softer and not so synthetic smelling, because I could see this being a nice spring fragrance otherwise.

suzyk
suzyk

I was looking forward to smell this perfume. Regarding description it seemed very elegant and classy. But on the end big dissapointment came. I don´t know if it is because of lily but this fragrance remind me funeral flowers. Can´t wear it.

silverbutterfly

I got a sample at Holt Renfrew.After spraying I got impression, that it is rosy-grassy perfume. After couple of sniffs it seems a little "irisy".It is o.k., but "not to die for".Something chemically disturbing me in that.

smile4thecamera
smile4thecamera

This is a salute to star-gazer lilies - those big, bold, deep pink lilies, that when open have an intense smell unlike any other. Stargazers can cause people to run from a room when a big bouquet is present and is letting off all that heady lily scent.

The SA told me this scent was their biggest seller this past Christmas. It has to be the name Cartier more than anything. This scent lasted forever on my skin. Naturally, things I don't care for last forever and all that I love, vanish all too quickly!

If you love big, bold lily fragrances, this is the one for you.

ps - the bottle is great!

courtney.lirilli
courtney.lirilli

Bought as a gift for me.. Eh, not into the floral perfume so I guess I'm biase. Whenever I smell a perfume like this it seems like it would be better suited for the over 40 category.

kristalbee
kristalbee

Easy to wear floral that has very little lasting power -three huge squirts from tester at home and after one hour had dried down to something you could only smell close up -but too floral and soapy to be sexy -nice enough but one dimensional and way overpriced at 60 pounds plus for 100ml. Would use if someone bought me it as a gift but would not buy.

akats
akats

ok, it may not be an exact lily scent, yet it is a nice pleasant one. I like its tenderness and warmth, the fact that is unoffensive and discreat, and a bit sensual. In a way it reminds me of the Gold by DK. I don't get any citrus notes, so I believe they do not spoil the accords. I would prefer it to be a bit more powerful, as it had very low sillage on my skin. Otherwise, is a well done fragrance.

lilou
lilou

Synthetic at 1st pschitt, too soapy and too green. It smells like a bath gel. It feels like something's missing... Not the kind of perfume I like. Very ordinary and disappointing, to me.

Cartier Baiser Vole, was a newly released fragrance I was quite looking forward to trying. Lily is a beautiful note when blended skilfully, so I had very high hopes for this one.

After I had applied Baiser Vole to my wrist, I found it did not remind me of fresh lilies at all, but of another popular fragrance which I had worn once or twice. It took me a good hour or so to figure it out. I kept smelling citrus and a faint play-doh accord, and then it hit me. Baiser Vole's top notes smelt like Daisy EDT by Marc Jacobs.

There were obvious similarities, however only in the initial stages was it particularly Daisy like. The heart was much smoother and introduced an element of powderiness. The lily accord in Baiser Vole prefers a muskier and soapier finish, rather than the green freshness it is known for.

It's quite a polite type of fragrance, tending to come and go in terms of projection on the skin. I'm not really thrilled with this fragrance, in fact I wanted to experience so much more. The musky and citrusy notes kind of spoilt the lily in my opinion and damaged it beyond repair.

Baiser Vole is a great choice for all seasons. In some ways it would make an excellent staple scent as it seems to find that middle ground in terms of preferences. There are many classic Cartier fragrances that I really enjoy, like Panthere, Must de Cartier and Le Baiser du Dragon. Unfortunately, Baiser Vole didn't have that same strong character that previous Cartier scents have had.

The longevity was not too bad on my skin, however I do wish the sillage had more 'oomph'. I do believe I'll be passing this sample on.

irisjetaime
irisjetaime

Oh !!! I am so disapointed... So so sad !
I was expecting a lily scent but i have an artificial fragrance which it seems totally failed.
Very sickness as i sprayed on my skin.
I refuse to touch this bottle so beautiful also

pynkgirl
pynkgirl

I like this fragrance for some odd reason. I normally do not go for this category of floral, however this one has some magic to it. First opening smells like salt and pepper mixed with baby powder. This gives it a very sexy girly feel. I can work with that. This is exactly how the fragrance is described on this site, soft spicy. It's not strong like say Angel, just a hint of spice. Think of baby powder with a kick of spice to kick it up a notch.

This is very wearable for Daytime and should work in most work environments. This smells a bit similar to Gucci Eau II in the pink bottle. :)

laantjebanaantje
laantjebanaantje

This is such a beauty. I first became intrigued by the bottle, which is really beautiful. I love the lighter design, it's so chique and quite sexy as well.
It wasn't high on the test-list however, because somehow I had the idea in my mind that it would be very generic (I find that a lot of those pale-coloured bottles are).

How wrong was I!
This is the most beautiful, warm, musky yet fresh and green fragrance. It's just divine.
It opens with a very green note, and there's the lily! The middle is lily nestled on a musky base (I don't see any musk listed in the notes, so that might be an aspect of the lily itself). The fragrance becomes very warm and cuddly now, but without ever loosing it's class and finesse. Though it's a very warm scent now, there's allways this wonderful fresh green note hanging around.
Towards the end the scent becomes a little spicy, not very, but enough to keep it interesting.

I simply love this scent. It's so classy, perfect for the office, but it wouldn't do wrong on a date or a glamorous party.

Baldric
Baldric

Having just tested another lily perfume I feel compelled to share my thoughts on this. It is a bright, fresh, green lilly,powdery but not screeching. I bought this to wear to work and it is the perfect fragrance for that. Very light sillage and I can still smell it on my wrist as I drive home. I have a hard time picturing anyone being offended by this, which I value in a work scent. To me this smells like a lady, not a woman, not a girl. It is competent, polite and refined. Honestly the best work scent I have come across thus far.

Gabriela
Gabriela

ENGLISH REVIEW

Baiser Vole is an almost exact replica of a real lily flower that has really surprised me, it is a kiss from nature caressing our skin. It feels soft on the skin like a tender kiss, and at the same time it surprises the nose with an unexpectedly natural aroma, it doesn´t feel or smell synthetic.

What I like about it the most is that from the first moment I smelled it, I was able to detect and distinguish the green stem, the petals and the pistils, and all the notes at the same time make it a truly unique olfactive experience.

It is worth mentioning that Baiser Vole´s bottle has the shape of a lighter, a very chic detail IMO, and it is also a very unexpected detail. I highly recommend the EdP for day wear, its sillage doesn´t offend anyone, but its longevity doesn´t go beyond 4-5 hours.

Baiser Vole is simple and elegant, nothing ostentatious, it is subtle, unusual, linear from beginning to end, natural as a flower can be, exciting as a kiss...

I'm proud of having it in my humble perfume collection and I think it is my crown jewel, IMO Baiser Vole is a commercial perfume that truly is a borderline niche perfume...

SPANISH REVIEW

Baiser Volé es una réplica casi exacta de la flor de la azucena que realmente me ha sorprendido, pues es un beso de la naturaleza acariciándonos la piel. Se siente suave como un beso tierno sobre la piel y a la vez sorprende a la nariz con un aroma inesperadamente natural, nada que ver sintético.

Me encanta que desde el primer instante que lo hueles, puedes distinguir lo verde del tallo, los petalos y los pistilos, todo al mismo tiempo, en verdad es toda una experiencia olfativa.

Cabe mencionar que la botella de este perfume parece un encendedor, un detalle muy chic en mi opinión e igualmente inesperado. Lo recomiendo ampliamente para usarlo de día, pues su sillage es suficiente para no escandalizar a nadie, pero su longevidad no pasa de las 4-5 horas.

Es un perfume sencillo y elegante, pero no ostentoso, sutil, inusual, linear de principio a fin, natural como una flor, emocionante como un beso…

Estoy orgullosa de que forme parte de mi humilde coleccion de perfumes y pienso que es mi joya de la corona, en mi opinion Baiser Vole es un perfume comercial que se encuentra al borde de la perfumeria nicho...

annahaener
annahaener

tried it today. unusual perfume. the first moments I felt i smells like freshly cuted grass, herbally and dusty. it stands out really... and yes, I couldn't describe it really, but as said before me, I felt exactly the same, like I entered the flower shop, full of fresh beautifull, wet smelly flowers and grasses... I am not sure I would buy it, maybe just to have it as smth special.

pioggia-secca
pioggia-secca

I'm not much of a lily lover, and actually bought this perfume simply because I liked it, not knowing the components. So "lily" was actually a surprise for me, and I guess that's because, as it was told here, all parts of the plant were used, not just the "obvious" lily flower. To me it even sounded like lilac a little...

Overall, I really like this perfume, it's simple, yet intriguing, and stays (on my skin) for almost a day. Perfect for spring.

dkny27
dkny27

I waited with such anticipation for this one especially, bought based on notes and reviews. The bottle is brilliant and beautiful. The fragrance was a terrible let down for me. I guess I was expecting something very uniquely done and all I can smell on my skin is a floral lemony hollow scent. I felt like while I had it on I was discreetly screaming, "I'm wearing perfume, can you smell it?"

Just a little bummed....

paiged98@gmail.com

Okay troops, seems to be some cyber-bullying going on. No ganging up on peeps. Can't we all just be grateful and happy that we get to spend time on our favorite site and talk about what we love? Since you get no tone from the computer, I am saying this in the best possible way and and have a smile on my face. I read all the chatter and I think I may have been the initial response. I don't think the creative forces of Fragrantica want or intended it to go down this kind of road. This is a start of a bad thing. None of us know each other personally, only through these writings, so going personal is crossing lines. Now the comments for a "Perfume" are way off topic and I just contributed to that as well.

stelladoro
stelladoro

I tried on a sample of this at work and liked the crisp green pick-me-up of the inital spray at 5AM, two hours from the end of my shift. I didn't notice it much after the green, but when I arrived home at 8:30AM and walked into the kitchen, then the dining room, I kept catching the unmistakable scent of lilies. My husband is a horticulturist and frequently brings home flowers and odd plants and we both adore lilies, so I asked him, "Did you bring lillies?" The answer was "No". The lillies haunted me the rest of the morning, flitting in and out like fragrant phantoms. Later in the evening while dressing for work, I pulled the sample from my purse and reapplied it. It was only then that I realized it was the "Baiser Vole". Beautifully rendered with the green, the lily note is perfect, too strong and it can be overpowering and headache inducing.
I purchased a bottle of "Baiser Vole" the next day. Now I don't have to wait until June, when the three to four hundred lillies in our garden bloom, to enjoy one of natures' most exquisite scents.

bloosunshine
bloosunshine

A very realistic lily indeed!Just cut from the garden,
you can still smell the green freshness of the leaves,
the stem,the radiant bouquet of life!To capture it`s
true essence at just that moment,is much like a stolen
kiss.Fleeting and passionate,full of life,a perfect
moment frozen in time,aka,Baiser Vole! :)

paiged98@gmail.com

So I was thinking that maybe people are expecting one thing from this and then surprised when it does not have a more typical, straight up, lilly smell. Because this scent, according to what Cartier says is that the entire lilly was utilized, petals, stamen to stem. It is different because of the green-ness ( that is my made up word for it) and I feel is what makes it so unique and not like other scents with a heart of Lilly. So don't expect it and you won't be disappointed. I adore it and give it high marks for originality and in this market of a lot of meh, same smells....I love it.

Smellthisgood!
Smellthisgood!

I just purchased a gift set of this frag after wearing around the store for over half an hour. I smelled green along with spicy lily, loved it, and pounced upon it. The next day, after showering with the gel, I layered the EDP over lotion before heading off to work. By lunchtime, the frag was barely noticeable, so I had to reapply then, and again before heading home. While the frag is nice, I don't feel it is really worth the cost due to it's short life on the skin.
The pure parfumerie is avail. For $200.00, but I for one won't be saving my money for THAT!

kstacy4

I agree with Doc Tales. I like to read reviews negative or positve as long as they are written in a intelligent fashion. Buying a new fragrance is very personal. Some will like it some won't. Thats why it's so great there are so many fragrance choices. Everyone can find what smells good to them. :)

DocTales

Whoa, what's going on here?!

First amendment?! Writing replies of epic lengths to people that were merely suggesting a different and more grown-up choice of words, i.e. one that gets a point across without "nasty sh***" remarks?
Why so angry, Eminem of fragrance reviews?

While everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I personally prefer reviews offering a point of view without being phrased in an angry-teenager-fashion. In other words: People may like different scents, but everybody appreciates a nuanced review delivered in a dignified tone.

scorpiosheep
scorpiosheep

I didn't get a lot of lily from this perfume. I didn't really get a lot of stand-out notes of any kind. It was too much of a mish-mash to really appeal to me, and yet I had really looked forward to trying it. I expected more from the house of Cartier, especially if it was supposed to follow on from its spectacular Baiser du Dragon. Yes, I know it means Stolen Kiss, but I think of it as Kiss of the Vole (a little furry rodent that one doesn't really want to be kissed by!) I'm passing on this one.

kstacy4

Even though this perfume is getting bad reviews I still love it. I get compliments all the time. Maybe it just works really well with my chemistry. To be honest I was a little offended when it was compared to the smell of sh**. I still think it smells unique and lovely. I hope more people will try it and like it as well.

pamperqueen0000
pamperqueen0000

I’m with my girl mnaonfrag2 on this one. This is not that great compared to the real thing. I just came back from my local Walmart and they have their spring flowers in the outdoor section. Anyway, they had a bunch of lily pots there, not the Easter lilies (those are kind of plain) but these were the more exotic ones, you know, the ones with the fancy petals, sort of different colors. Anyway, I smelled them, I mean really smelled them. They really reminded me of gardenia plus ylang ylang, like if you combined those two flowers, it would be really close to what these lilies smelled like. Anyway, this perfume is missing that kind of creamy buttery quality that real lilies have. The perfume doesn’t have body, any heft. This perfume is sharp, not smooth and mellow and milky.

(p.s. saying that perfumes (or even people) are offensive is not the same thing as HATING them. That’s a real loaded word, let’s not just throw it around. Besides, I have been offended by lots of perfume as well as people (with and without perfume LOL!). That doesn’t mean I HATE them. Theirs a difference. Just sayin.)

blackcoconut23
blackcoconut23

Is it just me or does this smell like laundry detergent? Maybe that’s why so many people like it. Well, since I don’t like laundry detergent, I really don’t like this. I really don’t think it smells realistic, just fake laundry detergent smell, but like I said, some people really like that, just not me.

jventura489

mnoanfrag - There really is no need to get so defensive. if you re-read your past comment it did sound a little mean, sorry if "hateful" was too strong of a word. People like different types of fragrances… to call a fragrance offensive is to say that the person wearing it is offending you…that in itself is a strong and in my opinion negative comment towards the person wearing it. That is all I have to say…

kstacy4

I just bought a gift set of BV. I love it and so does my husband. I bought it at Nordstrom in the USA and it is selling very well. It is just so pretty, floral, with little bit of spice. It starts green and spicey. After about 10 minutes its just soft and creamy. Beautiful! I personally don't know anyone who doesn't like it.

tomatome
tomatome

Oh my…who would have thought Cartier would make such a provocative fume? Anyway, I don’t get what all the hubbub is about. I read mnaonfrag’s original review, and I don’t see any problem with it. She’s (sorry, just assuming) just saying that she’s surprised at the positive reviews because she didn’t like the fume at all. So what? At least she tells you why she didn’t like it, she gives you details. If people are surprised, then they’re surprised. No one's attacking anybody, so let’s just all calm down, and stop being so sensitive and taking things so personally. No reason to act like a victim and all. Anyway, I think what mnaonfrag said about the lily and the whole fractionated thing is interesting. I never heard of that, and that’s why I come here, so I can learn new things and vocab about fumes. If you like it then cool. If not, so what, just write your own review and be done with it.

Anyway, as for me, this fume is okay. It does smell a little fake and stale, so it’s not my thing. I wish it was less sort of watered down or something. I want a lily perfume that gives you an aura of lily, and this doesn’t do that for me. In other words, I can tell it’s from a bottle. I don’t know of any other lily fumes that are better. Any recommendations? Anyhow, that’s my two cents, take it or leave it (but please don't jump down my throat about it).

jventura489

@ manaonfrag - It is important to remember that your initial review was in no way helpful but was in fact quite hateful to those people that love this perfume. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, that being said, how could you expect that no one is going to speak out and call you out on the comment that you made? I personally think that this is a lovely fragrance, to each their own....

DocTales

This is a lovely, very green yet powdery lily. There is the typical, distinctive scent of the lily, but there is also the stem, the leaves, well, the entire flower, as perfumelover already pointed out.

Often enough in the past, perfumes that pivot on either the casablanca lily or lily of the valley had a somewhat unpleasant old lady touch, almost as though the lily was already wilting. Not Baiser vole. This is a freshly cut lily, the green stem as present as the the powdery, intoxicating scent of the lily's pistil.
To me, this is a greener, younger version of Penhaligon's Lily & Spice - just as well done as the modern lily of the valley in Guerlain's 'Jasminora', which to me smells like a young version of Diorissimo, minus the old lady.

This is lily reloaded, or lily 2.0.

paiged98@gmail.com

Mnanonfrag...while I have not written a review on this one, I do have it and like it a lot. It is not necessary or helpful when reviews are written like that. If you want your review read and taken seriously don't be a straight up hater writer. What is so great about this site is that we are all pretty respectful with review content. When someone just out and out starts talking like that I automatically assume YOU are the exception and all the possitive statements below are more in line. A lot of us blind purchase perfumes from reviews, I don't know about others but I scroll right on past these to where I can get a real sense of perfume. We all have a right to own opinion.....but delivery is everything.

shelly59
shelly59

I absolutely adore this scent. My wonderful perfume SA's at my local Nordstrom's have patiently supplied me with samples while I save up for my bottle, lol. Bless them.

I love the lily scent, it reminds me of my Un Lys, which has a stronger powder component, to my nose at least. It's a strong lily, but not unsuitable for the office, where I get stopped every time I wear it by women and men asking what smells so good. It's deceptively simple - starting out as a soliflor then the green notes come out to keep it fresh and veer it away from the bridal-funeral associations so many have with lilies. This is the 1st Cartier perfume I have liked. Must give the Baiser du Dragon a go, lol.

sparkybish
sparkybish

This has become my go to spring scent, and for good reason. Light, fresh, and soft, it smells exactly like the packaging and juice all point too... pink. It smells light pink! My friend hugged me the other day and said "Man! You smell great! Like a garden!" that works for me. The packaging also works for me. It is one of those things that you hold in your hands and it makes sense that it is expensive. It is solid and polished, and chrome in the best way, with a fantastic spray.

i loved this at first sniff from a sample that the lovely damepiglet sent me. gorgeous white lilies, soft musky white flowers and powdery floral notes make this a perfect spring scent. i also agree with other reviewers that said this would be a lovely wedding day fragrance. this lasts on me about 4-5 hrs.

ABRAG
ABRAG

s attractive fragrant and attractive at first

Romantic but light does not continue

Luxury perfume

Recommend it

perfumereviewer
perfumereviewer

Well...obviously there's a lily among Cartier's perfumes. This is a LOVE at first sniff.
I admit, I am a lily lover, still I find having a lily in my bedroom a little too much because this flower's perfume is so potent that it may cause you dizzyness.
This perfume on the other hand is not as overwhelming as the flower itself...actualy it's the first perfume I smell that does that. I think that is because it's supposed to smell like the whole flower, meaning leafs, pistil, petals, etc. I can of course smell the lovely scent coming from the pistil of the flower and that makes me think of a BIG pink lily. I also tryed to discern other notes in this perfume, but I didn't find so many, only some other vague greens and citruses... (maybe to account for as leafs?) but that's mainly it: LILY, big fat pink LILY.
I has on me lovely sillage, very good staying power and good wear, meaning the lily stays lily to the end. And actually, I like this about this simple perfume. I definitely reccomend this as a night out perfume because it's strong and I've received remarks that this was a sexy perfume, or maybe for office wear because it's pretty classic. So what if I want to wear a loud perfume all the time? :D I like it either ways.

natalia.arcan
natalia.arcan

Very strong and intensive lilly smell! Just feel myself sinking into a king-size lilly posy. A very gentle frag.

jadetrail51
jadetrail51

Wearing this gives you the feeling you've stumbled into the most wonderful flower shop boutique....the smell of the damp clay pots and new blooms of stargazer lillies. Wonderful fresh spring time scent to enjoy with your white linen blazer.

aschiffm
aschiffm

This aroma leaves me pretty speechless. It's very original which might be due to the lily known to be so rare. But the lily is glorified here in all it's luxurious sensuous creaminess. It also has a pungent milky powder smell along the lines of Chloe but in a more sophisticated garden way in this one. Yummy and scrumptious, so naturally sweet and beautiful on the skin

Floral, green, powdery, dry, subtle but lasting. No citrus on me. This smells simple but expensive. I like the powdery drydown and subtle scent of lily. I'm not sure if I like it enough to buy a full bottle, but it is a welcome change from the sweet fruity florals I tend to wear.

delphine67
delphine67

After testing this scent on paper and skin I tottaly disliked it.
The scent smells to me like a vase wich the flowers stood to long in. Musty water so not appealing at all.

Saint-Patrik
Saint-Patrik

The scent is probably very beautiful but the design of the bottle is realy strange. Looks like a small dust-bin. The only thing that is missing is the foot pedal.

ciotty
ciotty

sorry, this was my review, i thought i was logged in..

Original!
Something new for my nose, i'm not a fan of floral but i like it.
Sophisticated, very green and a little strong in the beginning, after 1 hour it becomes a sweet, delicate, fresh floral. Perfect for an elegant and romantic woman. Good lasting power, on my skin about 6 h.
The name is perfect.
If you want to try something new, it's perfect

Original!
Something new for my nose, i'm not a fan of floral but i like it.
The name is perfect.
If you want to try something new, it's perfect.

michellel.smithbarrett
michellel.smithbarrett

I absolutely love this fragrance!!!! I get soooo many compliments on it when I wear it. I am a huge fan of lilies (Stargazer & Casablanca). I love the way Cartier blended the greens and the florals. I find this to be an ultra feminine, classy scent. I tend to shy away from the fragrances that are heavily advertised and mainstreamed. This is definitely among my favorites! If only they made a body cream......

fragrantica6000
fragrantica6000

It has been a long time since a perfume strikes such elegance and uniqueness ......

glitteralex
glitteralex

Brilliant!

An assertive and dry citrus, never too sharp or acrid, meets the skin like a refreshing dip in a stream lined with blooms of heady jasmine and wild mint. The contrast of the moist, green base and the powder of the flowers is in perfect harmony. After a bit, wild lilies float by... one, then another, then a few at a time, enticing us to smell them as their marine pungency lilts past. Their aroma adds to, but never usurps, that of the wet green mint and jasmine. Then, a beautiful surprise- a soft breeze blows the the warm vanilla of the lily pistils over us in a shower of magical orange dust. Even a day later, the dream of the Baiser Vole stays with us as a lightly spiced cloud of indoles.

Baiser Vole is simplicity at its best: high quality ingredients, perfectly dosed, flowing into one another like the pastels of a watercolor. Each new phase builds upon the previous, finally delivering to the wearer a delicate, but not reserved, floral citric gourmand. Sillage and longevity are both excellent. Baiser Vole can be worn anywhere; its politeness is perfectly suited to public places, yet tenacious enough to last through an evening party or a night's sleep.

Tovah
Tovah

Before I begin, I need to disclose that I'm not a huge fan of the scent of lily (or of bulb flowers fragrances in general), and I've never worn a fragrance that has predominantly lily notes. I enjoy Lys Mediterranee, to my own surprise, but I don't feel it's a "me" type of perfume.

Baiser Vole is often described as "powdery". Being on a powdery "kick" I've wanted to test Baiser Vole for quite some time, but it was far down the line on my "must test" list and I just got to it today. I have a spray sample of it, and I've been wearing it for several hours. I was hoping this would be a smooth, powdery floral, along the lines of Love, Chloe, because that's how it's been desribed by so many other wearers. No such luck. On me this is one heady floral, a la Jessica McClintock 1990. It begins with the kind of flowery notes that cause my instincts to assume my eyes are about to tear, and my respiratory system is about to be endangered.

In the Spring, all the grocery stores and markets around here sell potted lilies (Lilium Longiflorum). These plants have large trumpet-shaped white flowers, with a long, pale green stigma, surrounded by bright yellow anthers. These lilies are often called "Casablanca Lilies","Easter Lilies" or "Bermuda Lilies". They have a heavy, very strong, districtive aroma that overpowers all other flowers.

Baiser Vole begins with that distinctive sour, bittersweet, heady scent of lily, and it stays lily for a long time. It mellows after a couple of hours, but it's still a major floral. I just don't get any "powder" from this, but, to me powder is ambery, and/or dry vanilla, and Baiser Vole smells very green-based (on me). I so wanted that vanilla dry-down I've read about, like the one in Chanel Gardenia, or Aqua Allegoria Pamplelune, but my skin won't produce it. This gets greener as it develops. When this is in the drydown stage, it's soft, and much lovelier than its beginning stage.

Baiser Vole isn't a fragrance I would buy for myself, only because I'm not that into lily. However, I believe this fragrance is perfectly beautiful, well-crafted, unique, and classy. Its lasting power is wonderful, and it has the most powerful sillage I've experienced from a new fragrance in 15 years. I've no doubt this will make thousands of new lovers of lily, because it is certainly a new take on an ancient, beloved flower. This is sure to inspire many more fragrances with predominant lily, so if you love lily you are in luck!

xabaras
xabaras

With such a cute, evocative name this fragrance can't be anything else but sweet and innocent. It's lily, delicate, gentle, lovely and pleasant. It fades away after 2 hours on my skin. It's purity in a fragrance. I see it more on young girls in Summer. I'd say that it could be worn in the office, as it's not at all overpowering, but with such a name it would really be a waste of imagination... :)

querelle
querelle

"Not too many years ago, the names of our perfumes bore testimony to such things (poetry and sexual magic). There was a popular scent called Taboo, there was Sorcery, My sin, Vampire, Voodoo, Evening in Paris, Jungle gardenia, Bandit, Shocking, Intimate, Love potion and L' heure bleue- The blue hour. Nowdays what we do find? Vanderbilt, Miss Dior, Lauren and Armani, perfumes named after glorified tailors, names that evoke not the poetic, the erotic, the magic, but economic status, social snobbery, and the egomania of designers. Perfumes that confuse the essence of creation with the essence of money. How much substance can the soul receive from a scent entitled Bill Blass? Vanderbilt and Bill Blass are what the marketing people have given us".
TOM ROBBINS - JITTERBUG PERFUME.
Kudos to Cartier for such a beautiful title. Stolen kiss.. Beautiful!

Raisac
Raisac

This is way too flowery for me. It's like putting your nose right into the lily flower and breathing it. It's very naturally smelling but too plain.I wish there were some other strong notes playing in it and some softness and muskiness. Unlike a few other reviewrs I don't smell any powder in it.

annadel
annadel

I was excited to try this fragrance so appreciated by others. Upon trying it gave me a headache. The casablanca lily was too much. The scent on my skin was cloying. It was too conservative and too heavy. Longevity and silliage are excellent but not a perfume I would wear.

shesmovedon
shesmovedon

I didn't really get the green notes, and I'm glad I didn't because I'm not big on green perfumes.
All I smell is lily and powder, which I love. I think it's really subtle and elegant, and should appeal to lot of people.

It's definitely a perfume to consider if you get headaches and nausea easily. It's very gentle and didn't make me sick like many fragrances do.

cocobella
cocobella

on my skin this one smells like babypowder with citrus. very nice and innocent. unfortunately the lasting power (on my skin) isn't that good. nevertheless a very comfoting scent. i am sure i will buy a bottle of this one.

Nikka Miró
Nikka Miró

Extremely elegant Perfume to be evasive, chic too! A bouquet with lilies and the freshest ringtones sweet orange tree ... Know what I imagine to feel this aroma? A woman Immaculate, with heavenly robes!

mister_chaz
mister_chaz

I tested Baiser Vole at the counter today. This is a very beautiful fragrance: very gentle lily-citrus scent, dries down to very soft powdery-woody scent. This reminds me of Estee Lauder Sensuous, but Baider Vole is not as heavy-handed as Sensuous, more refined. Very well composed perfume, highly recommended!

daisymargueritte
daisymargueritte

Excellent review, CourtrightHer! Cartier doesn't make legends (I'm talking about the Musts, Panthere, So Pretty, or Baiser du Dragon) anymore... Just plain, slightly boring fragrances such as BV. At some point it smelled familiar, I was thinking, Fidji? No, not really, it continued its linear path towards some nodescript white flower world devoid of excitement. In the same register, I much prefer Nina Ricci's Premier Jour.

gigiletta
gigiletta

smells like very expensive holiday village's garden.fresh cut soft green leaves and exotic lilies.young perfume but not for young girls,i mean this one is for rich and cool women in beige silk dresses.sillage is good and long lasting.

aqua76239
aqua76239

I got a generous sample from Nordstroms SA and first thing that comes to mind is lilies, lilies and more lilies. This is a green floral with a hint(just a hint) of citrus. I can definately smell not only the flower but also the green stems. Floral fragrances are not something I normally wear so I wouldn't purchase this but this is very nice fragrance that smells different from anything out there. Its complex, elegant, classy and sophisticated. I don't see this as appropriate for young girls-only for mature(I don't mean old)women who are sure of themselves.
Lasting power is ok-on my skin it lasted about 2 hours and it doesn't have much siliage, it lays very close to the skin so you like subtle elegant scents-this one is for you. I would put this in the same category as Bylgari Pour Femme.

DLK0808
DLK0808

Came across a sample in a magazine-after a bath, I rubbed it on my wrists. The next morning, the scent was still there; now that’s the real test for longevity. I ordered a sample from ebay and couldn’t wait to get to Saks to get the entire set.
It’s a refreshing, clean and year-round wearable scent. The longevity is amazing and it doesn’t take very much. It’s not overpowering but seems a sophisticated fragrance. It’s sexy without knocking everyone completely off their feet when taking it in. I am smitten with this classy fragrance (which hasn’t happened since Coco MME) and will definitely be wearing it for a while.
UPDATE***
There is now an elixir in the Basier Vole. It smells amazing but does not have the powder scent that the parfum has. I layer the elixir with the parfum and get quite a few compliments that it smells wonderful but is not loud.

karaaslang
karaaslang

sensual. sweet. floral but not flowery, floral in a way that is candylike, purely sweet. in fact, it is too sweet floral. gentle, not assertive, reminds you a warm summer day with lots and lots sweet florals in the garden...I will NOT buy this fragrance again. I prefer more powdery, soapy last notes.

Justyna
Justyna

Strange, I do not detect lilies, but fresh and subtle chrysanthemum. In my country (Poland) we use to put this flowers on graves, so Baiser Vole smells for me a little funeral... And what is REALLY strange, I like it!

airubgirl
airubgirl

The opening for me is a citrusy, green and spicy floral. I can definitely smell the leaves and pistils in the opening. So amazingly life like that I keep bringing my wrist to my nose for frequent sniffs. I do wish this stage lasted a bit longer, it really is that nice. It moves on into a very accurate rendition of the lily's petals but I still get the green stems and leaves, soft and alluring. The final for me is where I was undecided because it does get a bit powdery, and I don't do powdery. But here it's cozy, not make-up/talc smell or grandmas perfume. It maintains the lily idea all the way through. Sillage is perfection in my opinion, it lasts all day, but from opening note to end stage it never overwhelms the wearer or those around you, this is enclosed space friendly. It just softly whispers your presence.

This is so not mainstream, and that is precisely why I love it. I will not be one of the many who smell like vanilla, patchouli or oud, but one of the few who will stand out for being different, wearing a alluring, feminine and wholly sophisticated scent. Kudos to Cartier for keeping quality and sophistication alive.

In Vogue
In Vogue

This fragrance starts off with a blast of pepper and white flowers. The pepper note is very strong for the first half-hour. The white flowers are not sweet, and very light. After 10 mins. it gets a little greener, and smells more 'expensive'. I think they're aiming for something similar to Infusion D'Iris by Prada. Except that this is much lighter, and the sillage is awful, after an hour it's gone. The bottle is beautiful, so that's probably the selling point on this, because the fragrance isn't worth the money.

*sophi*
*sophi*

Prominent lily but the opening is a blast of citruses!
It's not a sweet floral ,it's green fresh energizing ...certainly a summery day wearing.
It was the green citrus-y opening that for a moment reminded me of miss dior cherie l'eau but the heart it's pure floral!
This is quite different from all Cartier creations of the past...may be a 21th century turn over ?

CourtrightHer
CourtrightHer

Lily, Lily, Lily!!! It's all about the Lily!

Scenting about Bloomies recently, I was informed that Panthere was discontinued (what is Cartier thinking?)! Expressing displeasure, I quiped with a "why is Roadster still on the market" (I know, mean)! lol

She handed me a sample of Baiser Voléis. Ok, I was thinking positive. Maybe a new fave? Spritzed both wrists and...what a let down. No magic in this bottle.

The top has a rather synthetic green note that just does not please. And, after that, it's all lily! One dimensional.

It does settle to a slightly more enjoyable scent but then poof, it's gone.

Overall, BV is a bright, light, nice and plain frag(see, not so mean!).

Vote with your wallet, and just say no.

HappyShopper123
HappyShopper123

I was expecting this fragrance to be old ladyish and uninteresting, and boy was I wrong. Baiser Vole is modern, elegant and beautiful. The initial strong refined lily melts into a slightly sweet and very hearty floral powder, somehow avoiding Granny Central. Very nice indeed.

suile
suile

A beautiful lily fragrance, that wafts around just like having lilies in a vase in your home. However, I couldn't imagine wearing it - I have strong suspicions that it would be Headache Central after about an hour.

Henriette
Henriette

Lily, lily, lily and lily. Expressed in this way you would think this is nauseating. Or boring. It is NOT. It is just pure elegance, pure class. It's stunning. You will not go unnoticed but without screaming too loud who you are and where you are. This is a scent that deserves a place in the haute perfumerie among the Mitsouko, Chanel n°5, Arpege and the like. It is for a lady with class, elegance and a style of her own without necessary being a circulating griffe from head to toe. This is fantastic, it's the smell of Heaven on earth.

Elisabeth M.
Elisabeth M.

This new release by the house of Cartier is just excellent. Seems that Cartier is going back to its roots as the recent newcomers like Cartier de Lune or Delices were way too generic and fashionable for a house like that. This perfume is quite extraordinary. As there are absolutely no sweet notes in this fragrance I would call it an 'intellectual' perfume. Absolutely not for girlies. Baiser Vole is elegantly floral yet so green and refreshing. Love it!

mypersonalharmonics

Back to that. My mom tested this today and on her skin the lily notes ARE actually there, blooming and proud of there clone-like similarity to the plant. On me it wasn't so detectable.

Still, the overall feel was that of lilies in a flowerpot, somewhere in the house. Nice, but closer to a home-fragrance rather than a skinscent.

Still not a perfume I'd wear.

Amour, Michele
Amour, Michele

I usually love LOVE green florals that are more on the green side... But something about this perfume makes me sickly. Too green, perhaps? Initially, the realism of the lily flower really attracted me... But, the green part of it was so intense.

dame piglet
dame piglet

To me, this scent is delicate and refined, especially as florals go.
It was suggested to me as a wedding scent; I think it would work quite well for a day wedding.
I was told that the scent was meant to encompass the whole flower; the green scent of the leaves and stem, the bloom and the powdery texture of the pistils. That is a pretty good summary.
To me, this scent is dainty and polite - white gloves and lacy table doilies. The powdery dry-down does NOT smell like, but does remind me of traditional, romantic scents like Chloe or Truly Lace. To me, this scent is much softer and more demure, but has that romantic feel.

Ursula Jaschke
Ursula Jaschke

I was so thrilled by the advertisement of Cartiers latest baby, expected something extraordinary and unique, like the other perfumes by Cartier. So I could not wait to try it, but got very disappointed. It reminds me of elderly ladies, because it is so powdery and old-fashioned. To me it's almost nauseating.

carlita
carlita

On first try I thought I loved it..But then again second time I tried it .it reminded me of something.....I realized! Funeral flowers!!I quickly changed my mind...Funeral flowers is not what I want to be smelling of...and its a bad memory..!

gamos
gamos

Love it, really love it. It has got an earthy tone to it, yet it is light. If you like lilies, then you must give it a try.

VogueBoy
VogueBoy

yes, It is all about lily and a bit about lily of the valley, but in a very charming, fresh and soft way, not about the overpowered way which gets you a headache

one of the best perfumes for this year fall & winter

a must have for flower-lovers

mediterranean
mediterranean

Another beauty for this fall. Very romantic,the commercial captures its essence very well. It smells expensive,conservative, distant , fragile,and suitable for most occasions.

For cold divas in long cream dresses,lilies in your hair and burgundy lipstick,raising your eyebrow to goodlooking gigolos trying to approach,for women who cry watching old movies and appreciate good cultured sincere men.

bloomia
bloomia

"Stolen Kiss"... such a lovely fragrance and the name tells you all you need to know: On an (at first) innocent approach, the scent falls for its 'object of desire' and steals a short, hot, sweet and passionate kiss. This perfume is pure elegance and subtle sexiness unlike sweet scents that cry out "f**k me!".

nonnative
nonnative

While Un lys by serge lutens is dark and misterious, this lily by Cartier is as bright as a diamond (of course, it's a Cartier!!). Finally a pure lys in a commercial fragrance. For me this BV doesn't evolve and stay the same for hours. I can't smell the leaves other forumists are quoting. But lasting power is very good. Well done Cartier and thanks for this immaterial jewel!

This is not my cup of tea. Instantly I thought it might be interesting but on me it just smells like some Bruno Banani scent, maybe Magic Woman. Could be any fresh-fruity-floral drugstore scent.

mylena

When I first sniffed it on the paper, I didn't particularly like it. I could smell the green leaves. The lady at the counter insisted on giving me a little bracelet with a ceramic bead for me to smell later. I forgot it in my handbag, and a couple of days later when I opened the handbag, I was greeted with this amazing fragrance! I tried it on my skin, and I have to say I'm in love. I can't wait to get it. It is very soft, but at the same time it makes a statement, because it's so different from the new perfumes. The best part is that it doesn't change too much throughout the day. I usually don't do too well with the Cartier fragrances, they don't agree with me. But this is the exception.

Louvenia
Louvenia

Baiser Vole (stolen kiss)is a fresh powdery floral,minimalistic,soliflore but very beautiful and sophisticated. The opening is green leaves,slighlty bitter and a bit citrusy. Lily note comes on quickly,a little spicy.The drdown is much lighter,spiceness is gone but you can still smell this beautiful flower. From the first sniff I associated this with brides!I find it so appropriate for a wedding,lily is so calm and romantic here.It stays close to the skin,musky and quiet. Lasts quite long,sillage is medium.

zapling
zapling

I am delighted that the bottle is so perfectly aligned with the scent. I saw it, got curious, thought 'this shoud be a soft, classy perfume' and was happy to discover that it smelled exactly as I expected. Do I like it? Yes. Would I buy it? No, probably not. i like persumes a little bit more eccentric.

Mmmm... lovely!
I could eventually smell this and was intrigued.
Lily is not my favourite floral note and I don't usually like fragrances based on lily. They either smell vulgar and aggressive like Cacharel Anais Anais (please, don't get offended if you like Anais, this is a very personal thing I have with that scent, probably associated with bad experiences during teenage) or funeral-like because lilies are widely used as funeral flowers here.
Instead Baiser Volè smells very airy, floral with a vegetal grassy nuance and it stays true for long time on my skin. I find it very wearable, fresh, feminine and very elegant in a totally Cartier style. It is quite longlasting, so you can enjoy the lily or any other flower very clearly for a long while. It's not invadent in anyway, so if you like light, soft, elegant florals, this is the one for you!
My BF liked it very much on my skin. Alas, this is not the type of scent I'm looking for at this time of the year. It doesn't keep me captivating while weather is chilling.

mypersonalharmonics

This is far from being an amazing perfume. I expected so much more. Great marketing though..All this discussion about the interpration of lily..Anyway.

Just don't expect lilies.
Expect a subtle floral, a gentle powdery-peppery scent in a nice flacon that comes in the chic shape of a cigarette-lighter.

antonpan
antonpan

For me Baiser Vole is something new in a mass market perfumery, especially because of its opening. Mathilde Laurent really could recreate the feeling of a whole flower (not necessary lily) in a bottle. The fragrance starts with a green herbaceous note, extremely natural, not typical of a modern perfumes. It is sharp, a bit salty, maybe even bitter. When I smell it I imagine the green leaves of a flower and its stem. Unfortunately, I doubt the young audience will like this accord - it is quite unusual, too vegetal I should say. At the same time Baiser Vole has rather traditional floral powdery base, which could remind of some other white florals. I wish the opening lasted longer.

I'm sure the scent will be a pure beauty for a sophisticated public. As for me I still can't say whether I love it or not. However Baiser Vole deserves attention and esteem.

shabbus
shabbus

This smells very soapy/floral on me. It's the second time that I've tried it, and it's getting better. Straight up, nose to wrist, it's not something that I would purchase.
However, while I am working at the computer, I am occasionally getting a sheer, beautiful, white floral scent drifting up to me. I am not good with identifying flowers, but I think it's a gentle lily scent. So this is a perfume that better have a nice sillage, because that's where it shines.

I am liking it enough to give it a third try.

cedriceccentric
cedriceccentric

I find Baiser Volé lovely, chic and very French.

It's a casablanca lily (and not a lily of the valley like Diorissimo) but without all the heady/indolic notes often associated with the beautiful flower. It's clean and transparent but not without body. Very feminine, somewhat classic but not old fashioned. The start is very figurative: almost a lily soliflor. When time passes, the fragrance transforms into a more powdery abstract floral. It also warms up a bit.

Where Calvin Klein Beauty is more of a "neon" lily, Baiser Volé is much more subtle and refined. And where Donna Karan Gold and Penhaligon's Lily & Spice played around the mysterious/oriental facet of the flower, Baiser Volé explores the bright aspect. It doesn't go in a cliché vanilla direction like so many lilies do.

Bottle, ad campaign and scent work in total synergy. A successful concept IMHO

PS: In a more adventurous genre. If you love casablanca lily and also the scent of suede/leather, may I suggest Donna Karan Signature, the most original lily fragrance around.

trotte
trotte

I'm in France and can't smell it yet...
But do you know the Lys Méditerranée from Frédéric Malle?
How far is it different?

gabri
gabri

I received a small sample at BergdorfGoodman. It's very sweet and flowery. Not sure if I would buy it. I prefer scents that are a bit spicier , so many perfumes are flowery, enough already.

kimberlylizkennedy
kimberlylizkennedy

To me this smells leafy and herbaceous. It is a unusual in a nice way. Not captivating, but unique.

Somedays I like it and other days I don't because it seems to change on my body.

It seems to me in line with some of the greener Annick Goutal Fragrances.

This is a fragrance that I think is interesting and unique to wear, when you want something different and are tired of the florals, gourmands, vanillas, etc

But I don't think you will get compliments because I think the leafy green seems to dominate the tone. I would wear this on a day that I just want to please myself with a breath of freshness. But I don't recommend on a date!

If you like lily, you're in for a treat with this Cartier perfume. Supposedly lily is the only thing in the entire composition, but it incorporates multiple parts of the lily flower. The perfume smells suprisingly complex. I would believe it if you told me there were notes of vanilla, iris, and musk as well. I am not a fan of lily, but if I had to choose a lily perfume, it would be this one for absolute certain. The bottle design alone is taunting. It's very unique and classy.

If you are a Chloe lover and you also like lily, you should definitely check this one out.

Yes. I agree with everything Jeca said below. This is a very beautiful scent. I even begin to think it's better than Cartier de Lune! Anyway, so the beginning is a bit strong and almost plasticky floral but still very pleasant. Later it evolves into something sheer and a little powdery. It's very elegant and lovely combination of citrusy fruit and lily. I can see it to be appropriate for any occasion from office use to wedding event.

jeca

This is a very nice fragrance, i like it and even bought a bottle ;o) The note of lily is intense, but it's not the heady oriental lily I know, lily in this fragrance is very light, with green juicy note at the beginning and crisp citruses.

Unfortunately this delicious liveliness of my favorite notes doesn't last long, the fragrance becomes drier and little sweeter, and smells more like a 'perfume', than flower, but it's still very nice.

salemarino
salemarino

Well I am intrigued by this one, and I can't wait to try it since the last Cartier, Cartier de Lune, I find so vile.
I'm not too big on florals but I love Le Baiser du Dragon (deeply oriental) and this Baiser Vole I have a feeling is going to be a good one.
I do not know when this is coming out in Italy but I hope I don't have to wait too long

Baiser Vole by Cartier 3.90 out of 5 based on 1032 ratings and 246 user reviews

Cartier Baiser Vole Eau de Parfum Spray 50ml
Cartier Baiser Vole Eau de Parfum Spray 50ml
CARTIER BAISER VOLE for WOMEN by Cartier EDT SPRAY 1.7 OZ
CARTIER BAISER VOLE for WOMEN by Cartier EDT SPRAY 1.7 OZ
CARTIER BAISER VOLE for WOMEN by Cartier SET-EDT SPRAY 1.7 OZ BODY LOTION 3.3 OZ
Eau De Parfum 1oz
Baiser Vole Perfume by Cartier, 1 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Baiser Vole Perfume by Cartier, 1 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
CARTIER BAISER VOLE for WOMEN by Cartier EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ
CARTIER BAISER VOLE for WOMEN by Cartier EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ
CARTIER BAISER VOLE for WOMEN by Cartier EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1.6 OZ
CARTIER BAISER VOLE for WOMEN by Cartier EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1.6 OZ
Gift Set 1.6oz
Cartier Baiser Vole Coffret Eau De Parfum Spray 50ml 1.6oz Body Milk 100ml 3.3oz 2pcs
CARTIER BAISER VOLE for WOMEN by Cartier EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.4 OZ TESTER
Cartier 'Baiser Vole' Eau de Parfum Set One Size
Eau De Parfum
Cartier 'Baiser Vole d'Amour' Eau de Parfum
Cartier 'Baiser Vole d'Amour' Eau de Parfum

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Cartier Baiser Vole fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Cartier Baiser Vole, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Baiser Vole by Cartier. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Baiser Vole by Cartier represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.