Designers » C » Woody Floral Musk « Groups

Declaration d'Un Soir Cartier for men

Declaration d'Un Soir Cartier for men
dislike

Declaration d'Un Soir Cartier for men Pictures Declaration d'Un Soir Cartier for men Pictures Declaration d'Un Soir Cartier for men Pictures

Cartier is revamping one of their best-selling fragrances in the entire portfolio, Déclaration, a masculine cologne by perfume Jean Claude Ellena, with a new flanker, out in the mainstream Cartier counters in October 2012.

Déclaration d'un Soir, a new fragrance for men, reprises the cold spices of the original, thanks to perfumer Mathilde Laurent's idea of not messing with something good but going for a much more subversive interpretation in men's fragrance. Essentially a huge rose with thorns, given the woody backdrop, it is boosted with cardamom and a very perceptible pepper spray top note to refresh and give piquancy. The woodiness comes from sandalwood.

A romantic and heady affair, in house Cartier perfume Mathilde Laurent revealed that she created it to "make the heart beat faster and to drive men to speak their minds."

The concentration of Déclaration d'un Soir is Eau de Toilette, coming in 100ml/3.4oz sizes. The new bottle is identical to the classic Déclaration, with its watch wrist winder top, but with Déclaration d'un Soir written vertically under the name to denote the different take.

Black Pepper Cardamom Caraway

Rose Nutmeg

Sandalwood

Argento Pour Homme

Declaration d'Un Soir Fragrance Reviews

lovetribe

tested and re tested,buy and rebuy.maybe the best rose scent for man.but at a price of 14 euro i've bought yves rocher rose fresh that have the same performance about sillage and longevity(not much).
poor longevity and sillage.but good rose.
:-(

Thee Arabian Knight
Thee Arabian Knight

I finally got around to trying this one, and I am impressed with it. I guess the rose note is what got me interested in it.

Cartier Declaration d'Un Soir is a delicious blend of roses spiced with cardamom and pepper, balanced with a dry sandalwood note. The opening is what really blew my mind. The rose is so authentic and I could easily pick up the cardamom and pepper, which were so nicely done. When it dries down, it just gets more mellow and woody. I enjoyed this composition very much.

However, my only beef with this is the longevity. I got a sample of this from Sephora, and it isn't all that strong. I had a full wearing of it and it became so weak after an hour, which really disappointed me because this fragrance is lovely. I'll give it some more wearings to see how it does, because I'm not willing to spend that kind of money on it if it doesn't last.

If you are thinking of jumping on the rose bandwagon, look no further. This fragrance incorporates rose and spice perfectly, making the scent 100% authentic. It is a beautiful scent.

Franky1122
Franky1122

nothing like the smell of fresh roses. I wanted my room to smell nice so I sprayed some, I go downstairs to my kitchen and 2min later I start smelling it WOW!

ginger68
ginger68

Tested and re-tested. I’m a woman and I would like to wear floral, gourmand, pretty scents to feel myself delicate and sweet. But when I smell something like Cartier d’un Soir I must stop and realize that this kind of fragrances suits me. Simply beautiful, very far from cheap and synthetic smells. I adore cardamom and pepper and here these notes are well blended with rose. I think that this fragrance is really unisex. Fresh, spicy and comfortable. Classy but noticeable. A perfect balance. A great work!

Kiszonyogor95
Kiszonyogor95

For me too much rose inside :/
This note is IMHO too dominant, and for this reason this scent is from my point of view more female-like. Unisex definitely. The composition is very nice, fragrance itself is beautifully combined, but I honestly dont see it on a me :/ maybe its just not my style...
Longevity is great, 8-10h from what Ive tested, projection rather decent but not enormous.
7/10 because its nicely done :)

GoodVibrations
GoodVibrations

A nice, sweetened, digitized image of a red rose bush pulled from the ground with well-tended soil still falling from the root system. Groundbreaking and masculine. But as compelling and aspirational as a 23 year-old Colonel Sexypants trying to convince you that he knows what you need in the love department. It flatters you but you know you don't need it.

Chicago Tony T
Chicago Tony T

It's a nice floral scent that should be marketed as unisex. It has some of the spiciness of the original with woody elements added. The rose is dominant throughout without being overbearing. I tried Hermes Rose Ikebena yesterday and I prefer Cartier's. Longevity is at tops 6 hours with moderate sillage. a safe rose scent.

laantjebanaantje
laantjebanaantje

Wow, this fragrance is amazing!
The opening reminds me a bit of Eau de Protection by ELdO. The rose and pepper in both fragrances create a similar blood red, almost metallic effect. But here it is much sharper, much spicier.
Then it dries down to a gorgeous spicy sandalwood, adorned by an almost green rose. The cardamom (one of my absolute favorite fragrance notes) just shines in this, adding cool freshness in a wonderful spicy way.
Déclaration d'Un Soir manages to be both fresh and deep and dark. Like a starlit sky reflected by a small pond in a rose garden on a chill spring night.

HoneyPamela
HoneyPamela

I’m in love at first blast; it’s clear, crisp, masculine and intoxicating. Then settles in, comfortably, like a secluded walk just after fallen rain in a wood, the ground covered in leaves, to come upon a lovely rose. This fragrance is like smooth silk on skin, quietly suggestive. At times it is present when absent, lingers for a time long after the walk is over. Simple and perfectly balanced, Cartier Declaration d’un Soir is an unusual men’s fragrance. The rose makes it feminine, but implied and understated. As a female, I enjoy it as a go to fragrance for day or night time wear. Fairly long lasting.

jfr1974
jfr1974

Sometimes when you smell things at the perfume counter the scent cloud that lingers around sometimes hides a few things - for the better some days but not always. I have mixed feelings about Declaration d'un soir - and these are not for the reasons you might instantly jump to. I love the rose note - clear yet in the not so forward. That in itself is the masterstroke as it comes forward. At the 7min mark it is where I love it most. Love the the rosy, woody /sandalwood mix.

What I don't like is the opening - the spritzt spice mix reminds me of a good quality insect repellent. Well at least on my skin. Than goodness that only last 2 to 3 mins until the rose start to take over. I don't get loads of projection. Longevity is good at about 8 hours.

Don't be scared of the rose. It's not as feminine as you think in this treatment. Try it first - try it a few times in fact.

THIS IS MY SECOND REVIEW,

Out of all Declartion's...Declartion d'Un Soir by Cartier has to be the most unique frag and deserved a real high appraise. I never thought I would say that I enjoy a rose aroma. Declaration is definitely a really well made fragrance with a pronounced rose aroma with a slight smokey scent giving it a real aromatic scent.
Both black pepper, nutmeg and sandalwood notes elevate this fragrances giving it a real spicy blend which is a real twist a pronounced aroma of rose coming through which makes it absolutely AMAZING!!
I found a tester bottle, I found that longevity and Silage was definitely higher but not overwhelming...it lasts over 8hrs.
Overall opinion,
With Cartier frag's this one stands out the most!!! Usually Cartier frag's have a certain aroma of spicy/woodsy aroma with a couple others which are more herbal but non with a rose note.
Having to rate this frag is EXCELLENT due to it's originality. 9.5/10 or ★★★★★

brickbishop
brickbishop

Elegant, beautiful, a scent for the 21st century male who had an appreciation for the finer things of another era- not nostalgic mind you, but it does remind one of an imagined time when things were beautifully made, of polished wood and polished boots, genteel manners but wills of iron. Perfection.

sharmap14
sharmap14

cant get enough of this fragrance in the summer. wake up in the morning on a bright sunny day and spray this and smell fresh to death all day jus sooooo uplifting and happy frag

sukeshmenon
sukeshmenon

Simply brilliant, Period.

mfeezy
mfeezy

The rose in this reminds me of the rose in Bond No. 9 Hamptons but the scent is different. This is great for a warm evening around 70 degrees. Tonight, it made a woman stop in her tracks to ask me what I was wearing...

pjd1234
pjd1234

cartier dun soir the notes says it all opening not your usual citrus, lemony, sour opening as a lot of perfumes are this is different spicy bitter is what I call it. I can smell the pepper cardamom and a unusual note I guess that's the caraway in the heart a dominant rose note with a sweetness added to it which is the nutmeg with a woody base but still the rose in the backround this is a very sensual scent and is very much unisex in my opinion. It reminds me of ck one really but of coarse with high quality ingredients a mature version of ck one. If ck one is for the younger crowd dun soir is for the more mature and serious side. Overall a very nice fragrance from cartier although nothing ground breaking a solid release my rate.
longevity 6-8 hours pretty good solid longevity 7/10

sillage projection moderate not a loud scent 7/10

uniqueness/originality a solid 7/10 for me not very much unique and mind blowing.

overall smell 8/10 enjoyable, nice, appreciative I don't find it synthetic to me.

price vs quality base on retail of 89usd 7/10 id say fair a little on the high side imo cartier name but available on line everywhere for cheap.

season I give it an all year around but mostly morning wear not an evening frag for me imo.

paulhunter
paulhunter

This is so exquisite to my nose. The rose note does not get boring, and the spices mixed with the sandalwood are the perfect compliment. Declaration d'Un Soir is very unlike the original in my opinion. Much more elegant and a tad formal, but I'd wear this whenever I want. It's cozy but wouldn't be cloying in hot weather if applied correctly. Declaration d'Un Soir is classy but not restrained. It's exciting and enticing.

sNaKey
sNaKey

Great floral fragrance for spring/autumn and cold days of summer.

If you want to wear something different than all the aquatics and citrus fragrances, this is the best floral choice.

It opens with a strong spice smell (cardamom and black pepper) and it stays on my skin for about 3-4 hours. After that the pepper and cardamom wears a nice rose cloth making it floral and distinct for a gentleman.

The projection it is great for about 4 hours and longevity is there more than 8 hours.

Overall - 7.5/10
Price/Quality - 8/10

Lily2911
Lily2911

I steal this from my beloved one :-) a gift for him but i use it most of the time because it is an intoxicating incredible perfume : yes very spicy, woody but so refined with that abstract rose. Ladies, this is a " forbidden" fruit you definitively need to try. A real master piece !

EzioAuditore
EzioAuditore

Fragrance with style, something different ... Something unique!
Love this one! Longevity and sillage is very good, but i always spray more than 5 times so maybe that has also to do with it .. It's a love or hate this one !

spumyland
spumyland

ottima rosa! dura, intensa e sempre presente con il cardamomo fino alla fine.
fresco e di lunga durata.deciso,riconoscibile,only masculine & over 40!

Magnificient

it is a masculine Rose sparkled with cardimum and pepper.

very attractive , must try !

longevity: good , 5 to 7 hours.
projection: below average .
smell : 10 out of 10

Melyche
Melyche

It may be perceived as a heavy cologne but is really attractive. As a female I was like wow. Rose is the most noticeable note. It"s kind of rosy but in a masculine way. The rose domination may be considered floral. It's not. Mainly spicy. Impossible not to feel the pepper.
I have read a lot reviews about it and a lot of women say they thought it's for females and enjoyed using it. My opinion is, females who like masculine type of perfumes can use it without hesitation.
The best thing about is the silage. It's very long-lasting. I have a sample of it and today just sprayed a little on my pinky it lasted for hours.
I am quite sure that's gonna be the next gift for my boyfriend.However, he said it's nice but for old men :) I can't get enough of smelling it. Simply it's sexy. Highly recommended.

This is a fresh / spicy scent for men, the spices aren't overwhelming, the scent is basically well balanced, I do detect the rose, it gives freshness to the scent.Understated elegance , refined masculine scent..I can't see myself wearing it though, this is more masculine than feminine!? Great Cartier for men who do not like heavy scents..
Definitely a light touch for a non typical masculine scent..

Ayl
Ayl

نرم و کلاسیک . به محض استشمام یاد کاهو سکنجبین افتادم ، یه بویی شبیه سکنجبین میداد ، مثه شربت سکنجبین ! خلاصه خاطرات چندین سال قبل برام تداعی شد . اولش خیلی سریع و شدید و مقتدرانه ظاهر میشه بعد کم کم آروم میشه . شیرین و یه جورایی خنکه . چندان مناسب جوان ها نیست فکر می کنم . عطر بدی نیست . فک می کنم بیشتر اروپایی پسند باشه . خوبه ولی شاید در ایران خیلی ها نپسندن به خصوص نسل جدید . ء

samsara82
samsara82

Dear readers,

what can I say about the declaration of this perfume?.

Wow..
just wow, I have been so flabbergast by how Cartier fragrance are becoming my new friend now since turning into a adult
and I love it.

This decration d
un soir , is very crisp, aromatically, sexy male fragrance on its own that is sheer class and power without being haughty or obnoxious, its a very finely orchestrated handsome perfume that's made to win.

On my body chemistry smells like the bottle but after half hour, it dries down to a very woody rose that is warm and confident , I love it.

All I can say is definitely Cartier is going to take us up residence in my altar of perfumes in the future !
this fragrance if perfect for men that have their wits about them , love life and sophistication in everything-sheer class.

simply i love it.

drewqxc
drewqxc

I can smell why people think it is unisex because of the spicy note in it, however to my taste it is not for me. It is too sweet and rosy, just too feminine. My girlfriend loves it and has currently hijacked it from my collection which I am grateful for.

Not recommended for men.

Briburto2
Briburto2

I dont know what it is about this scent, but it smells very earthy to my nose. I smelled it and thought, "Dirt" Its not horrible, but something is off with this one Or something is off with my nose.

olfactorium

Who will be remembered? The bard or the snoozer! Most people are asleep these days and being herded along like cattle, following the Big Nothing to that proverbial cliff. The bottom is littered with a bunch of punctuation marks, emoticons, and abbreviations that signify an inability to express oneself with any form of eloquence. It is a drab and unhappy place where VUPs (very unhappy people) throw stones at each other. Just for the record, my only criticism of CDS is that Cartier does not rein in on the distribution of its fragrances the way it does its jewelry and watches. But, I guess they aren’t Chanel, are they?

olfactorium

Let’s take a journey to the past. The numbers on our iPhone docked in our digital docking station twitch and switch into reverse and then become a blur as they disappear altogether. Poof! And in its place is a travel clock with a cream colored art deco dial in a handsome crocodile covered folding case. The hands slow and we find ourselves in a first class cabin of the RMS Majestic or “Magic Stick”, as folks back then referred to it. The man asleep in the luxuriously appointed room resembles Salvador Dali with his shock of dark hair, longish nose and waxed mustache, but he is more of a seasoned traveler than an artist.

The year is 1924 and the man is my great-grandfather coming back from Europe for the last time. Next to the clock is a distinguished looking cedar travel case with a little pad lock. Inside the case are his personal treasures: a gold ring with a large square-cut red ruby, several pairs of cuff links, some with his initials, and others with unique looking semi-precious stones. There are also personal articles people no longer use: a button hook, collar buttons made of mother-of-pearl, a diamond stick pin, a pocket watch accompanied by a glittering chain with a decorative cigar cutter. There are many lovely, gentile objects in the red velvet lined box, but the finest one of all is an 18k gold money clip with a large black-opal cabochon surrounded by engraved scroll-work which has worn off a bit. The opal shines with a dark orange-red fire. In the money clip are some European bank notes: pounds, francs, lire, etc. They are neatly folded into a bunch and are all that remains of his last expedition: hotel stays, lunches, dinners, casino gambling and perhaps a paramour or two. My great-grandfather will keep these. Maybe they will spark memories of his many travels to Europe or perhaps he will just forget about them.

Great-grandfather’s trips overseas were a bit mysterious to me and not discussed much, nor was the travel case opened after he died by anyone but my grandmother until she gave me, a six year old boy, the key after having had endured enough of my questioning about her father. She must have made note of my awe and enchantment upon opening it, and the respect with which I handled each item, because much later in my life she gave me the whole cache. She also must have sensed, like her, I would never consider parting with this heirloom. Now it is my journey to the past and link to a man I never knew but whose taste I greatly admire.

Cartier Declaration d’un Soir and its gemstone shaped bottle are somewhat like that little treasure chest. There have been many times in my life when I unlocked my forebear’s caddy just to hold the money clip in my hands and sniff the antique bank notes all flush with wood, spice, rose water, the smell of old money and a bit of something unnameable, a veritable “tea” which I recognize as having been created by the passing of time. CDS is a vintage fragrance in the best possible way, and you must have a fine nose to appreciate it. If you only ever smelled supermarket sandalwood and synthetic rose, you might not recognize that this is the real thing: unobtrusive, soft and slightly exotic. It is the smell of a gentleman. Yes, it does open with sharp tones of white pepper and cardamom, but they quickly recede into that rosy sandalwood of lost eras, perhaps Victorian India, Edwardian England, or, for me, a Jazz Age transatlantic voyage.

I can think of much more expensive fragrances that don’t even approach this.

Hmhs1987
Hmhs1987

GREAT SMELL FROM CARTIRE ROOM AS USSAL THEY DID

I TRIED THIS ONE I CAN ONLY SAY ONE WORD " EXCELLANCE "

drakecito
drakecito

I'm totally agree with @aphexacid
Very boring, generic, weak, forgetable and cheap (you can buy a 100ml bottle for around 30$) fragance from Cartier.
There is not luxury roses or luxury spices here. It's a very light woody-spicy-rose.

Medium-low longevity and low sillage.

scent: 3/10
longevity: 4/10
sillage: 3/10

UPDATE:
Sinthetyc too...

aphexacid
aphexacid

Overall a very forgetable perfume. The opening is all sandalwood and cardamom. Its such a weird combo it almost smells cirtusy. The rose finally pokes its head out after about 15-20 minutes and then it stays this way for the duration.

The rose is very laid back, which i guess for a designer and being that its targetted at men, its the best you're going to get.

Its very fresh, uplifting. It would probably be great in the summer.

Its so uninteresting and forgettable, such a shame. The cumin is way in the back, basically undetectable.

The longevity is above average, but projection sucks. It barely gets away from your skin. At least on me thats the case.

Do NOT buy this at retail. I bought it blind, and gave it away.

RUDOLFO512
RUDOLFO512

To me this is one of the best Declarations of all. I love the rose on this one because it is soft and not overpowering. Two or three sprays will do the trick. The sandalwood and black pepper give it the "masculine" touch. This is another classic by Cartier. Very well done.

craftyminx
craftyminx

Not sure I'd be into it on a man, but I love it on myself. On one of my male friends, it goes a lot rosier than it does on me. I get a lot of sandalwood and fresh spices on my skin.

saj59
saj59

واقعا این عطر منو ذوق زده کرد
اولش بوی لیموی تلخ و احساس میکنی یه بویی شبیه لیموی خیلی رسیده که معمولا واسه ابگیری استفاده میشه یکم بوی چوب هم همراش هست اما بعد از چند دقیقه بوی گل رز خودشو نشون میده که اصلا حس عطر مشهدی نداره
اصلا هم حس زنونه بهش نمیده خیلی خوشبوهه بوی چوب هم تو این مرحله قویتر میشه و اون بوی ترش لیمو کمتر میشه اما تلخی لیمو رو تا اخر حس میشه کرد بوش تا اخر همینجوری هستش
در کل عطر بسیار بسیار خوشبوییه به کسایی که از تغ هرمس
خوششون میادپیشنهاد میکنم حتما تست کنند
دوامش هم حدود 10-12 ساعت هست پخش بوش هم بسیار خوبه

lbullard
lbullard

I have had this for about a month. Beautiful. I laugh at those who say to feminine. Why? I know some of the most masculine men who spend hours in their gardens and especially the rose ones. Beauty and smell done in the right way has no gender. I know and common since should let men, real men know when they have crossed their personal line. Take a chance dress well and smell great. It is fun guys and being in the minority has always drawn interest.

gerry.madoni
gerry.madoni

This scent should have clearly been marketed toward women and not men. Given the increased focus on dark and noir type fragrances by companies, one would have expected more from a house like Cartier. The rose with thorns may have been somewhat apt, as one is tortured somewhat by the it's pretty repulsive nature. I just can't envision any real positive reaction from anybody and possibly negative if anything. Took another sniff off my wrist and luckily longevity is not nuclear or else I would be scrubbing immediately. So, in essence I do not write many bad reviews for most Noir type scents, as I am intrigued by so many interpretations of this theme. This one however sits at the very bottom of that list.

2/10...go back to the lab Cartier folks .

daynierds
daynierds

I made a blind buy of this and Mont blanc Individuel. Declaration d´un soir does not smells nice in general, you can clarly feel the rose and the woody notes all the way through, I can even feel a minty vibe and I am not sure where it comes from, in general is not a bad fragrance, it is well-blended and you can feel some elegance and quality in it..however..so far it is not what I was expecting...I will see how girls rate it....on the contrary MBI seems to be a class above...it is a very nice smelling fragrance...good luck with this....
update:..not even a single girl or man liked the scent so far..even more...some of them tell me not wo wear it anymore...it is definitely not a smell for everyone..try before you blind buy this....
I cannot really understand why some of you guys call this a materpiece...a masterpiece should consider the impact and effect on the non-trainned nose...I can now bet not even 2 out of 10 people randomly asked on the streets would like this one....it is simply not easy to love believe me...again...if you are not an expert or a collector...DO NOT BLIND BUY THIS or you would possibly regret it as I did...
longevity: 7/10
projection 7/10
smell: 4/10 for normal people...maybe for experts this is a masterpiece but I do not get it!!!!
versatility: 5/10
overall: 5/10.......

usas
usas

Evident rose accord. Fresh, light, airy, feminin.
After an hour or so the fragrance falls apart on my skin and the remainder smells a bit synthetic, dusty with still a hint of the rose.

Top notes are promising, unfortunately the dry down is a thumbs down.

5,5/10

blaiseantoine
blaiseantoine

discrete perfume completely different from the original declaration that i still appreciate more than this ...this is simply peppery spiced rose nothin new and astonishing remember many 80's masculine frags ,sillage and projection aren't too big here ,it should b a perfect scent at office or during working day ,i won't never wear this for a special evening

rayees
rayees

Great perfume. Far better than the other nirmal declaration. Nice projection. Last power is average.

Molko
Molko

Interesting, freakish, fresh, unisex-feminine rosy scent, reminiscent of Givenchy Eaudemoiselle in watered version. It's not modern specifically, but neither old. Worth a try

a very nice perfume
you mainly smell Rose and Cardomom in a good way,

bebozizo83
bebozizo83

yesterday i smelled it
shortly it's amazing

prodigy
prodigy

Wow I love this fragrance. Very airy and fresh smelling and the rose doesn't punch you in the face like other rose fragrances tend to do, The perfect rose fragrance for men. High recommend you try and i guarantee that 9/10 people who try will buy.

Arabian Knight
Arabian Knight

I was told this was a good masculine rose scent...

Sprayed it on my hand today and I didn't like it. The sadalwood ruined it for me, not an ingredient I like as I find it too heady and it activates my gag reflex. The rose was there, but just peeking out, not really up front and had a sort of pot-pourri vibe.

Was expecting more from the pepper and nutmeg, but they really didn't add much. All in all, after an hour I thought I smelled as if I'd passed through a cloud of spicy, lightly rose-scented room freshener.

If you're a rose fan like me, I'm guessing this won't be enough.

Poboijosh
Poboijosh

Déclaration d`Un Soir really is quite beautiful and 100% for guys AND gals, but, unfortunately missed the boat in the finality of the drydown. The opening is so sharp and realistic with Pepper that it will make you sneeze, and you find yourself asking why this note is even in here, because it`s odd, and doesn't quite fit in, but it`s fun and interesting, and quickly disappears within 15 minutes. The middle is where d` Un Soir shines, it's just so sad that after this that's where the beauty in this fragrances dies. For a good 4 hours, it's wafts and wafts of soft and velvety Pink Roses and the highest quality Sandalwood dipped incense with loads of depth. It is so creamy at this stage that you could spread it on a slice of bread, no joke. Honestly, I have never experienced a fragrance that releases as much seratonin in my brain as the middle of this fragrance accomplishes! But just as a beautiful rose adorning the vase dies, and the Sandalwood incense stick burns out, so happens the drydown of d` Un Soir. It really is too good to be true. The finality is a deflated balloon... A mere shadow of it's former self. It becomes so 2 dimensional that it's hard to comprehend how this priceless sculpture morphed into a 3rd grade drawing of coloured pencils on craft paper...

thehighend
thehighend

It starts off with fresh spice. Within a few seconds, however, the rose starts taking center stage. The silky rose note grows quickly, and just went you think the fragrance will turn sweet and feminine, the wood makes its presence known. The dry-down is woody and smooth, with a bit of black pepper and traces of rose. A minimalist fragrance with great balance, above average longevity and adequate sillage. Nothing smells like it, and for the price, its a no-brainer.

Minapia
Minapia

This is not only about roses but the entire rosebush. With a pinch of pepper to brighten up the whole thing.

Declaration d'un soir is perfect for a romantic date with a happy ending...

pipernigrum
pipernigrum

I don't like generic fragrances. Well, Declaration d'Un Soir is not one of them. Truly unique fragrance. The initial phase is strongly reminds me of Voleur de Roses by L'Artisan, but this only takes a few minutes. Later on, this similarity is greatly reduced, but it remains quietly in the background. Dry, woody, softly hot and little bit scented soapy. Very elegant and refined luxury fragrance. This only for demanding, sophisticated men. I love it.

Hoxx
Hoxx

Not simply a flanker of the original(I'd even say it has very few similarities with Ellena's masterpiece), Déclaration d'un Soir is a marvel of a perfume. This is a niche offering in a designer bottle.

Opening with spices, mostly pepper, this scent quickly evolves into a rose-centered miracle. A rather delicate and subtle rose, with maybe a pinch of pepper - I think of it as of an artifact of the opening. After a long period of rose dominance sandalwood embraces the flower, giving us a suitable and pretty drydown.

Now, unlike most of masculine roses, this rose note (and the whole perfume, actually) has nothing strong, wild and disturbing to go with it. It's not mixed with oud, with too much spices. It is just rose, almost like soliflore. And there lies the master craft of the perfumeur - it's still masculine! Now, don't get me wrong, this could have been marketed as a surefire unisex creation. However, it doesn't change the fact that it totally fits the 'for men' label.

As I love rose, I was eager to encounter Déclaration d'un Soir. I found a perfume with great longevity, regular projection and trace. I found a perfume with, to me, unmatched rose note(I'm still waiting for an opportunity to try Amouage Lyric, though, and a lot of others as well). This is a scent with a lot of class and elegance, suitable for evening and romantic wear. A fantastic fragrance.

9.5/10

spartan
spartan

Lot's of Positive reviews for this juice, however Not from me.
For me it was A scrubber after 25 minutes. I have never used the term (scrubber) until now because I never cared for it, but scrubbing is what I had to do.
This juice made my allergies go hay wire! Again not for me, I really dislike the smell of this fragrance.
Test before buying, that is my strong recommendation!

streetter
streetter

This is fragrance is simply amazing. Soft rose slithers around the black pepper for a richly intoxicating dry down.

My first experience of Cartier and it began well.
This starts out with lots of spice, cardamom being prominent and it makes for a really fresh opening.
Then the rose starts to shine through and quite honestly...it's dominant.
My thought process was initially (as in first 30 seconds after applying) wow this is mature, classy and interesting scent and despite the rose it's masculine.
After than I'm afraid it really started to grate on me, the spice retreats into the background and the rose becomes air freshener-like and distinctly less masculine. I'm wearing it today in the office and I'm a little embarrassed of people catching a whiff of me.
Don't get me wrong, I like the smell of rose but in order to work on a man it needs to be in a dark composition with wood and earthy tones, spice and incense.
In conclusion, it's a brave scent being so sparse a composition but I would never wear it and although it doesn't quite go into Granny territory it's not far away.
I look forward to trying the other declarations.

Update: This fragrance has real endurance...I was fairly conservative with my application and 16 hours later I could still get wafts of rose and not just from my clothes it actually remained on my skin which is very good for me. Still don't like it all that much hahah...it's not bad just not for me.

thebignosewhoknows
thebignosewhoknows

Rose in a male perfume, such a brave move for Cartier. I love it and I love that women love it on me, too. Very classy and elegant.

jivanshi
jivanshi

Wow! So there still are a few guys out there that create actual proper perfumes! Even now, in our ozonish and pure waterish scented troubled times! This is a masterpiece! It's spicy, woodsy, clean sparkling and sharp as a katana in a rosebush! Or freshly cut rosewood maybe? I cannot really tell, but there is rose in there, and very boldly so, but so wonderfully blended with wood and spice that it is anything but feminine. This one lasts for 6 hours with ease, maybe more (haven't properly tested yet) and projects all the way exuding masculinity and class. There is no olfactory fatigue with this one, nor do I need to moisturise my skin to make it last! This one clings to me like a clawy cat, and I can smell it all the way, as strong as ever! And, man, it smells so good!

aqua_de_la_vita

This frag is definitely a unique men's frag with a rose scent, something I really unexpectedly liked and it's not as strong as the original Declaration was. I went to a fragrance store and sampled it, at first I wasn't sure but after a few minutes I could pick up the subtle warm spicy notes from sandalwood, cardamom and caraway. It gives the frag a gorgeous aroma of rose petals mixed with a woodsy scent and it isn't over kill on rose petals. With the added note of pepper, it gives it a touch of spice which we all need in our life's.
Longevity is phenomenal...on skin it lasts well past 12hrs.
Sillage is excellent..within 2ft.
Overall opinion
Many years ago I purchased the first Declaration. I enjoyed the frag and I used more then 3/4 of the bottle. I later found it a touch too spicy for my liking and my taste in frag's has changed over the years as well !!. Declaration d'Un Soir is totally diiferent..a much less heavier aroma but still noticeable. The quality is of the same standards for both.
I have sample other frag's with the main note being rose. I have to say that this one "bar none" is the best and it won't cut your throat when you breath in this amazing aroma.
HANDS DOWN and as Tina Turner put it... "SIMPLY THE BEST".
You couldn't ask for a better frag for the summer/fall time. Very original from Cartier...BRAVO 10/10
This frag is now part of summer signature fragrances.
Cartier...I really love this frag !!!!
DON"T ALTER THIS FRAG IF YOU READ THIS COMMENT..IT'S PERFECT

scenturian
scenturian

If you are into roses definitely a must.

flames2
flames2

wow im loving this fragrance the blend is fantastic and although the rose is the dominant note the sandalwood and pepper balances the fragrance to become masculine i get great projection and longevity, its the first cartier fragrance that i liked enough to buy but if the rose note is too much try comme des garcons blue santal

andgac16
andgac16

Totally agree with CoffeeCologne, smells like rose scented soap. It's not a bad smell per se but it's too feminine for me and I don't want to smell like this. I would recommend it to women though, pretty nice and fresh rose scent.

meama
meama

193) To declare with a rose
It is a spicy and woody rose (pepper and a nice note of cardamom heading). The sandalwood mentioned in the pyramid is rather a rose patchoulised in the background with vaguely woody notes. It does not avoid conventional aerators like Iso E super and Hedione.
A priori, therefore, a bold output for mainstream perfume: the rose for men, you have to believe.
The theme is, however, not unknown for niche, Paestum Rose (Eau d'Italie) to Portrait of a Lady (Editions de Parfum Frederic Malle). Long ago that the male flower is no longer taboo and it has seduced. It also plays on the trend which first attracted the niche: the neo-oriental combining rose and wood (without saying his name, he is riding the wave of synthetic oud invaded the olfactory space).
Declaration d'un Soir seems to take advantage of the best of a confidential perfumery and make it accessible to the greatest number, showing us how the qualitative border is sometimes thin between mass and exclusive production: it could very well be launched in a less accessible brand.

jude1321

this is wonderful juice. I just picked it up today. Amazing bottle and sprayer. the actual juice itself smells very similar to Boss #1, but more modern, less harsh, and longer lasting. this is an amazing sexy rose-based scent that women love. you can find this 3.4 oz for around $50. it lasts but is not overpaying by any means. spice woody at first and then on to the rose. I bought this, Armani acqua di bio essence and YSL Nuit all at the same time, and Declaration d'Un Soir Cartier was easily the best of the 3. I have had over 200 bottles of colognes in my time, and this stuff is in top 15. highly recommended juice.

houstcs
houstcs

Masterpiece in a bottle! Go sample it a few times, my wife says it smells like hamster piss. She is definitely wrong, but it shows the impact individual experience has on a scent.

istanblue
istanblue

Very classy.Perfect combination of sandalwood,black pepper and rose.

esat
esat

4 ay önce almıştım ara sıra kullanıyordum. son zamanlarda daha sık kullanıyorum. yaz için güzel bir koku çevremden hiç olumsuz tepki almadın. farkeden herkes çok beğeniyor. kaliteli bir koku.

jotalopez
jotalopez

There's no doubt this one is a masterpiece. Chicness and class captured in a bottle. Cartier's nose Mathilde Laurent really knows how to seduce men by means of roses. This is a one-of-a-kind men's fragrance, even better than the original Déclaration. It reminds me of Léonard pour homme, which has been unfortunately discontinued, as both of them have this unmistakable ,magical aura of woody oriental spirited fragrances. Hands down this babe has become my new signature scent.

hameedbilal
hameedbilal

Beautiful frag
Smells luxurious like high end niche
Good use of roses n sandalwood for a male perfume
Best use is for formal parties....
I like it better than original declaration
Good quality juice

adam.faulkner
adam.faulkner

This looks set to be a masterpiece up there with Aventus. It smells really floral from the beginning but then you get that masculine feel to it with the Sandalwood kicking in.

Treat this with Respect, this is a night time/date fragrance and should be worn with formal/smart casual wear.

Superb longevity as I could still smell it on me 10 hours later

vitilsky
vitilsky

Roses backed with sandalwood. That's about it.

mse-21
mse-21

A wonderful scent built around Rose and supported nicely by Pepper, Cardamom, and Woods. It's very nice and pleasant; and has a kind of 'magnetic' feeling to it.

Novel and unique idea and done well. This is the first time I liked application of Rose in a mainstream creation. It actually has a 'Niche' high quality kind of feeling attached to it. It's also very wearable as well!

Good longevity and projection. Overall: 8 out of 10.

gzalvares
gzalvares

Beautiful fragrance, unisex, delicate, slightly powdery and spicy, soft. At the beginning reminds Perles de Lalique. The drydown is a mix of Terré d'Hermes and Perles de Lalique.

IsaIsabella
IsaIsabella

At first it opens up a little pungent, an overdose of spices. Something smelt almost balmy and bitter and I dont exactly know the note - perhaps nutmeg? I wanted to dislike it but let it settle and 5 minutes later a very pleasant sandalwood scent appears. If there's a rose it's a transparent rose, a veil over the sandalwood. I also smelt something like patchouli and dried tobacco faintly. A pretty good scent, perhaps for formal events. Edit: the rose is evident around an hour later, and this smells like a rose bud or rosewater rather than a rose in full bloom.

P.S I'm a female. Not particularly feminine but hey that's a social construct!

Sillage on me is quite soft but stronger than the original Cartier Declaration.. Will update on longevity. Edit: lasted over 7 hours on my skin.

noddoc
noddoc

a very beautiful, amazing fragrance, lasts forever.

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

At first I didn't detect the rose notes; I was mainly getting a lovely, soft, spicy, peppery scent. (I do not detect any pine or conifer at all.) But a few hours into it, yes!, I get the rose note now. Since I'm not a floral wearer I've forgotten just how nice roses smell!

What strikes me most about this is how thoroughly modern and light it is. It may be Laurent's work, but I can detect the original touch of Jean-Claude Hellena, "The Master of Transparency"; it smells very much like his work with Hermes. I know that Declaration has Iso E Super in it - does this? It's a favorite component of Ellena's. It would account for the velvety feel.

This - and Declaration - may be the two best Cartier fragrances right now, since they reformulated and ruined Santos, which was a favorite. This is lovely stuff - when I sprayed it on this morning I smiled and, now dressed, I ruffle my shirt top to release more of the scent. Very pleasant. A success. This, along with Guerlain Heritage, is another floral I could see myself - or smell myself - wearing.

But... what makes it "soir?" It smells perfectly jour to me.

kronik
kronik

ummm was looking forward to try it and finally coughed up the money and ... quite disappointed O.o
well it isnt quite what i imagined O.o i dont seem to pick up the so called rosy notes, more like powdery and manly but not too manly, though can't really smell anything special
i still prefer the classic declaration
i am not saying it is bad, but not worth the money especially that i can get the original 200 ml declaration for less than this...

Caist
Caist

Stellar, Dark in texture, Clean-cut. I Encourage Trying/Buying

I love that this fragrance has a beautiful gloom to it, but the subtil rose in it makes it very sexy with the black pepper/sandalwood to keep it very masculine on the borderline of unisex. Excellent longevity and a "pull me in" sollage. This is a perfect fragrance if you're looking to step out of the overly-masculine zone.

Smyle12
Smyle12

Smells like a genuine conifer. Almost like sprayable pine sap. If you desire to smell like an authentic Douglas fir, this scent is for you. I may need to wear this one again, but to me, this is a great replication of a pine tree. The closest I've ever come to in a fragrance. Don't go remotely near this woodsy beast in warm weather, guys. Yikes. You might get felled by an axe, or worse yet, a chainsaw. I can't fathom how the listed notes so accurately recreate, fresh, sticky, pine, sap, but somehow they do (without the mentioned use of anything coniferous). Wild, to say the least. This is very high quality juice, (as always from Cartier) and something I really would like to wear from time to time in the winter, but while I like it, and love pine trees, it's really not quite my style. Would go great in a wood cabin, with a roaring fire, and a wool sweater, while sipping hot cider with a lover and listening to a the bitter, winter wind play hauntingly beautiful music in the eaves.

7.5/10

kazewayz
kazewayz

Powder and Roses lots of roses, rose garden with some other flowers. I loved this in the beginning, now I just simply like it. Maybe my nose is changing. Initial spray is roses and something balmy in there. Good for a romantic date, deffinetely not something you want to wear at the club. Any time of the year fragrance. Beautiful bottle. Try it. Can be even worn by a lady.

allineedis
allineedis

Not for me. However I do love the original Declaration, this is so synthetic to my nose. It is overbearingly sweet, screaming roses in a bad way, spices are not as prominent as in the original. To each their own.

EDIT:
Several weeks later and I feel I have to rectify my initial view. This fragrance is growing on me. Still have a dislike with the opening, but after 30 minutes it becomes a great scent, with a superb dry-down. So it goes to show not to discard a scent on the first snif.

4xxx4
4xxx4

this one smells great! it s a rose based scent with some pepper...great work, but i don t think it was created for summer, and because it s really hot in place where i live, maybe i ll pick something more fresh, like dior higher. otherwise, this one ( d un soir) is masterpiece.

Jack_Hunter
Jack_Hunter

A soft peppery pink rose with cardamom that is quite enchanting. The rose is slightly sweet in a confection like way and the scent starts to become more woody as time goes by.

A very nice fragrance best suited for night's out or a romantic date with someone special.

stephanie.hamrick
stephanie.hamrick

This was my first foray into wearing men's scents. Smells beautiful--almost pure sandalwood from beginning to end--but it's gone by lunchtime, even over an unscented lotion. I'd have thought something that much more potent would last longer than my normal scents, not less.

amer1212
amer1212

Perfect romantic and very nice unique rosy woody scent , its one of the best scents for 2012 in my opinion & enjoy with feminine compliments when you wear it !

its high quality scent & very good lasting & projection.

My rank is 9/10 .

deeply11
deeply11

Very beautiful and sweet rose scent.

asher.jessie
asher.jessie

This is so fresh and lovely. It's exactly as the description says; a thorny rose. Not dainty, thanks to the pepper and wood...but not abrasive, because this combination is genius.

I consider this the masculine side to Balenciaga's Florabotanica. Beautiful, fresh, clean rose bolstered by several complementary, spicy, uplifting scents.

This is utterly gorgeous. I got a sample from my friend at Sephora, but I'll definitely be buying that enormous, hulking bottle once I have the money. It's worth every penny, because this scent is making me turn myself on.

b360
b360

im totally in love w this cologne......scent of roses thruout.....cant explain it really......a truely sophisticated aroma for me.....long lasting also...im a bartender and it hung on w me thru my whole shift and afterhour adventures and was still smellin nice on my tie the next day..kind of like an older dudes cologne but then again ive been getting compliments all week from women....couple of gals asked me if i was wearing ck one???......i dont compare it at all to that but i got that twice....not at all like declaration tho....definately closer to roadster.....with roses....8/10

curlykitty8
curlykitty8

On first spray it was exquisite but as it dries down it takes on a sickly smell that I am only guessing is the nutmeg.

Sorry.

frangellan
frangellan

I wore this today...to a funeral. It's hard for me to find occasions to use this but it came in quite handy since it meshed with the smell of the flowers. You have to be really OK with smelling like roses to wear this. I don't think it's a bad thing necessarily, but it's just straight up roses. The base of this is clean, slightly soapy, but wow you project fresh rose petals for hours with this stuff. classy.

sufix
sufix

Perfect..

manly,attractive, and women like it

good job cartier

Duver
Duver

I'm wearing it now:

Too soapy for my taste and a bit sour. Sour rose. It's also very linear and may be boring after a while. It might also be too feminine for some guys.

If you are planning to buy this because you want Declaration with a slight twist, I'd suggest you try/sample beforehand. It's very different from the orginal..

I'd say "Declaration" is kind of a misnomer for this. I think it would be more of a Roadster flanker. Rosie Roadster.

Mighty lion
Mighty lion

I Truly appreciate Cartier fragrances first and foremost.. Dun soir let's see hmmmm it opens up with the strong rose and initially for me smelled a bit too feminine for my taste.. Give it say half an hour once it transitions the middle notes start to put a tad of testosterone in it.. I literally couldn't stop smelling my wrist I felt like a fine scent addict.. This fragrance is SEXY!! Sophisticated enough to wear with a suit and sensuous enough to wear on a night on the town.. I adore this fragrance!!.. The scent also reminds of the smell of new clothes for some reason, smell and you will get what I mean by that..Excellent projection monsterous longevity just a well made fragrance period!! Highly highly recommended for that materialistic man who enjoys the finer things..

CGV
CGV

What a delight, what a perfection! Mathilde Laurent has created a masterpiece! So special, the rose lingers for eternity in this one! Pure class paired with perfect longevity and gentlemen like projection, never to overpowering but always noticeable. A true personality which rockets out of todays mainstream into a world of sophistication, style and honesty! It takes a special person to wear this, who is able to stand up to the statement his scent is communicating! Brilliant!

Jonah
Jonah

A fine fragrance that get's me plenty of attention!

jozemo
jozemo

had to drop a coin for this one! really love the smell and the skin drydown,if only they knew how to intensify the juice to make it a real powerhouse,a soft subtle frag,with skin scent appeal.guys get a tester and try it on!!

arabianscent
arabianscent

Looking for a sample of this, sounds real promising :)

too young
too young

The frag is astonishing! have never thought the rose could be so manly, real masterpiece among modern slag! it seems to me only Cartier may be trustworthy nowdays, Cartier don't give up, mass-market is a shit(((

SimplyOliver
SimplyOliver

Now, this is the state of the art... To me, Déclaration d'un Soir is the only fragrance that depicts a real man.

A man with a very masculine, strong side, represented by the cardamom, pepper, woody notes; and a more "frail" and touching side that all men have, no matter how strong they are, that we can feel through the -very manly- rose note.

Déclaration d'un soir is simply captivating by its unique sensuality that i've never found with any other fragrance. It is also one of the only man scent that really expresses something in a noble way. Depending on the person, this perfume can be either joyful or sad. For me, each drop of this elixir is a tear. This scent is so well constructed and balanced, that it literally floods me with emotions. A revelation.

How about longevity? Well it is excellent for a fresh fragrance. It lasts at least 8-9 hours with only 2 sprays in the neck, and up to 10-12 hours with more. Given that my skin doesn't hold fragrances very well, it really isn't bad at all.
Sillage is quite heavy, although the scent is fresh.
The charm operates from the whole beginning to the very end of the drydown. Even after 12 hours, the scent is still clean and sexy. It's quite fantastic ! Also, great evolutions as time goes by. You'll get a blast of roses and spices in the opening, and then it will turn into a light, warm and sensual scent that is really hard for me to describe with words... I'd call that masculine tenderness in a bottle.

I'm wearing Déclaration d'un Soir on some special evenings. Best for cuddling. I don't go partying with it, nor use it everyday, it would simply destroy the magic... Best during cold winter day/nights, with someone special.
Don't forget that perfumes bring back memories, and this one truly deserves to revive the best ones.

Again, more than a simple flanker. I own the original Declaration, and even if I love them both, they're quite different.
They're actually like two enemy brothers : one of them is hyperactive, super strong, and almost rude ; whereas the other one is gentler, calmer, more seductive. Both have a lot of qualities. Déclaration is my signature fragrance, btw.

Déclaration d'un Soir, or the only fragrance that really stands out of the crowd, beside all those vulgar, unachieved, offensive scents we have nowadays. Overall a truly daring and succesful move from Cartier.

A true masterpiece, I'm hooked. - *****

melia
melia

I had a sample, but unfortunately the sprayer broke off and now I can't use it anymore... Because even though I'm a female, I would really like to wear this! It's a nice fresh scent, but with charactre as well. When I sprayed it on it had quite some sillage, but hélas... The staying power is minimum. Within a half hour it all evaporated. Pity!

curcumine
curcumine

Je trouve ce parfum très original par sa fragrance qui rappelle la rose avec des pétales sublimes , mystérieuse,raffinées et qui font rêver .En plus de ça , le sillage du parfum voyage à l'infini , je trouve avec ce parfum une satisfaction jamais ressentie . Une réelle réussite.

naelk
naelk

Very nice fragrance and i think it's better and lighter than the original one.

Rating: 9 / 10

rzetzm
rzetzm

What a great scent. Men, if you're willing to chance smelling a little bit like a female to maybe get some of their respective attention, than this is the scent for you!

Take the great smell of Declaration. It's a spicy, woody, all-around safe-smelling male fragrance. Fast forward to d'un soir (nighttime) and you get the same great scent, with an unexpected touch.

Usually, when a cologne comes out with a 'nighttime' or 'extreme' fragrance I stay away. I find too often it's just more spicy, or more powerful a scent, which is not necessarily a good thing. The original scent usually delivers good enough, and it's rare that I pick up those perfumes.

This is not the case! Declaration has added a very sensual note, a delicate, but in-your-face hit of ROSE. I say it in all caps, because I have never thought of wearing a cologne that's basically got some rosewater kick in it. Inconceivable, right?

Wrong! This scent isn't nighttime because it's got stronger sillage, or it's just a woodier, spicier mix. It's a completely different scent. The rose DOES make it nighttime, but not in the way I'm used to. The addition of rose makes this scent beautiful, complex, and worth buying a full bottle, even if you've a full bottle of the original Declaration.

Amazing scent. Do try.

Mattybono
Mattybono

Incredible follow-up to the original Declaration that should not be dismissed as just a "flanker" frag. Cartier definitely did not rush this one and Mathilde Laurent is as meticulous as ever here!

While it gives a nod to its predecessor if you look for it in the background in the opening, d'Un Soir brings in (masculine) rose which scared me at first but totally works to achieve a more formal, dare I say, even classier, intimate fragrance that projects moderately and lasts for 10-12+ hours on my skin with (3) sprays.

It may take a couple of wearings for you to truly appreciate how amazing this fragrance is and to fully understand the rose but it works and heads WILL be turning!

This is a beautiful bottle that is an instant Classic and a BUY or at the very least a "must-try"! (9.5/10 with the only potential limitation being versatility. While you can definitely wear this year-round and throughout the day....This is mostly going formal/special occasions & evenings for me.)

FragrantAl87
FragrantAl87

Honestly, one of the best smelling colognes I have ever come across.

Opening: Scary. There is that immediate jump of rose, which is only vaguely covered by pepper, making you think perhaps you've accidently picked up a women's fragrance. But waved off of its biting alcohol, the sandalwood gives reassurance that this is something entirely new.

Sillage: Incredible, in the best of ways. I have had people 5 feet away say that I smell amazing. Not overwhelming. Cartier's creations tend to have higher concentrations of oil than most EDTs, which makes the...

Longevity: Impressive. For a cologne with rose, the sandalwood shines, keeping it smooth and subdued. You will be looking at anywhere from 4-6 hours depending on weather and skin type. Longer on clothes of course.

Best For: A night out with someone special, especially if you predict or desire any sort of romance ;) Savor it like a good wine. Good all year, but especially Spring and Fall, and best in the afternooon/night.

Gripes: Pricey, but worth it in the long run.

Overall: Guys don't want to wear rose, right? Its so slight, but to remove it from this cologne would detract so much from what makes it rich and wonderful. I can almost guarantee you a compliment if you're within 3 feet of a girl. Don't fear the rose, its what'll get you noticed in all the right ways.

9.2/10

universalvin
universalvin

Amazing, like most of the Cartier fragrances! The original Déclaration is certainly one of the best scents ever, but like always, Cartier succeeds in bringing a perfect successor! The initial déclaration scent is still present but way in the back, while the smell of roses is taking the lead. perfect balanced and long lasting eau the toilet!

freddiefingers
freddiefingers

I have and love the original Declaration and some of the flankers and I never thought the original could be overthrown from its high pedestal till I tried this and all changed.
This lasts all day and regardless of the layers of clothes you have on,you are guaranteed to be smelled everywhere and every time.the interplay of the rose with the spices and sandalwood makes this a great choice for men who are scared of rose based fragrances as the result is one of harmonious blend.If you were put off by the original,please discard all connotations and give this a try.i guarantee you will love this.mind you,you will still have a lingering trace of the original but it's so 'laid back' you will smile 'the offence' away.best suited for cold days and evening wear.spray in your clothes and your room makes a great declaration to all....Welcome hither

By the way,what's the lady in the advert waiting for...to catch a whiff of this from the man wearing it?Let's not forget what this was created to do in the first place...

jpbill

For me a new projection beast is the new Cartier Declaration d'Un Soir. 2 Sprays and all people in the supermarket look after me. I saw that everybody turned the head and looked at me. In my winterjacket i began to sweat, and the sillage gets stronger and stronger. I was embarrassed. GREAT SMELL, spicy , woody, floral. 8h later my friends said: you smell good, so different, so spicy, very good. :)

Oslo-fjord
Oslo-fjord

This is a winner from Cartier! really really nice fragrance. I was quite dissapointed with the previous flanker "cologne", but with D`un Soir Mathilde Laurent has done a beautiful composition. There is not much left of the original Declaration here, but rather a new beautiful scent with pepper, rose, spice and sandalwood. I think it can be used for most occasions, but the fragrance is quite classy and sophisticated, so a stylish attire is necessary. Longevity seems very good, and sillage is above average. D`un Soir is probably the best Declaration Flanker in pair with Essence (though nothing can beat the original;-)

jpbill

well there is no alcohol blast at first, the smell is immediately there. Its a very nice sweet warm unisex fragrance. I like a lot. 2 days later my shirt smells still wonderful . test it!!!!!

asia.kfiatek
asia.kfiatek

As my plane was delayed a couple of hours, I was killing time wandering around a big duty free at Heathrow, smelling stuff. I have been for a while pining after something peppery and woody, but didn’t really come across anything that would suit me. A very eager but not too bright shop assistant kept following me around and suggesting various perfumes, pretty much all of which were miles off the mark - powdery, sickly sweet or citrusy, the unholy trinity where I’m concerned. I think we both must have looked entirely exasperated with one another because another assistant, lovely, older, French gentleman stepped in and very politely told my useless shadow to beat it. He asked me a few questions and straight off showed me a few bottles that were much closer to my olfactory preferences. And then he showed me this. I loved it from the first sniff. The strong, warm pepper, and a bit of something else, still not sure what it reminds me off, not too sharp, clean, so pretty on my skin! I was very tempted to buy is just on the basis of the top notes, but decided to be restrained and leave it on for a while to get a better idea what the middle and base notes are, wasn’t sure how the rose would come through. After an hour I came back and bought it. You can just about make out the rose but it’s inoffensive and blends beautifully with the sandalwood.
I know it’s technically for men, and I can see how that works, but ladies, if these are your sort of notes, don’t be scared to try it.

LuckyStar1
LuckyStar1

I'm really enjoying the peppery, spicy top notes with the original Declaration wafting around in the background. The dry down is very nice with the rose which is delicate and not too overpowering. The florals mixed with the woods give this fragrance a musky and classy feel. The sandalwood in the base is a nice touch. I have had a few compliments on this on how classy it smells. A good buy 8/10
A female colleague of mine has purchased this for herself when she tested mine. She liked it so much and I agree it is very unisex.

Jasminalia
Jasminalia

Actually, the bottles of Déclaration and Déclaration d'un Soir are not exactly the same.
The second one is sharper.

$$
$$

This is it!If u eva wanted to smell fresh,woody and have nice sillage all at the same time you found it.

mariokra
mariokra

This fragrance has a tendency to be whatever you want it to be..love the switch to sandalwood..reminds me a little of Aramis 900 without the herbal..gets a "way to go" from me.

evilspin
evilspin

I was very surprised to see the notes as I didnt get any rose the first time I smelled this. When I first smelled this I got a luxurious sophisticated version of pine sol without the ozonic & chemical scent of the cleaner. Dont get me wrong Im not trashing this nor want you to disregard this as pine sol, that was what I recalled smelling it first. The drydown is more luxurious. It has a little bit of a wet clean beautiful X-mas forest with pepper & sandalwood. I kept smelling the paper I sprayed this on and although I know what pine needles smell like, this had something else in it I enjoyed & the paper kept yearning to be whiffed again. It also reminded me of Burberry London for Men with out the creme like powder. On the skin it develops into a beautiful scent. It smells different on skin & I am certain it smells even different when someone smells it on you. They could have just made this as another name & fragrance added to Cartiers line of fragrances because it can hold up on its own but they may have used the Declaration name as another edition because they knew It would get people intrigued & fans of the original declaration to seek this one as well. This smells nothing like the original & men don't be put off by the rose. It aint rose bouquet nor the rose scent we recall from Grandma. This has a rose water delicate touch to it that makes it smell luxurious. It isnt as complex, dark or manly as the original but its ok for something new & probably great to wear during Christmas. The good thing is that this is a daytime & nighttime fragrance & the magic must be the rose note in it cause woman complimenting me, possibly i subtle scent that they familiarize with and enjoy. I just hoped people dont smell me and just think of pine or Christmas trees cause then it seems I just sprayed holiday room spray on me and that aint much original. But I have gotten great compliments so far with this by both sexes. A+

starace
starace

This is not just a minor flanker, IMHO, but just a fragrance in its own, lossely based on the original. A "new" sort of Declaration, and a very beautiful, enticing work.

The name is quite fitting, unlike that of many other fragrances. While it's not a fragrance to be used merely on an evening (no fragrance really is), it does evoke that vibe.

Many will probably love it at first sniff-it took a few more from me, but I am currently loving it, even wearing it as I type these words. The rose in it is beautiful, not nastily done as may be the case on many other instances, and well-blended with the gorgeous sandalwood and spices. A slight hint of the original is in there, but this is not just another Declaration rehash. Try it, and see if its evocative, "evening beauty" fits your style.

Great longevity, and moderate sillage-not a close to skin scent, but not bound to be intrusive-anybody would like to smell this on you anyway, and so will you.

spcmiller
spcmiller

Interested in trying this one as well. I've loved all the Declaration flankers, minus Essence, so I have high hopes for this one as well.

Armando Espinosa
Armando Espinosa

tdw...: maybe the problem is that (as 50% of population according some studies) you´re "blind" to sandalwood notes. Aroma is there but you can´t percive it.

darlosu
darlosu

Really nice, hope to enjoy it!

Declaration d'Un Soir by Cartier 4.24 out of 5 based on 477 ratings and 121 user reviews

DECLARATION D'UN SOIR for MEN by Cartier EDT .14 OZ MINI
Cartier 'Declaration d'un Soir' Eau de Toilette 1.6 oz
Cartier Declaration d'Un Soir Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.3oz
Cartier Declaration d'Un Soir Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.3oz
Gift Set 3.3oz
Cartier Declaration d'un Soir Coffret Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.3oz Shower Gel 100ml 3.3oz 2pcs
Cartier 'Declaration d'un Soir' Set Limited Edition 114 Value
Cartier 'Declaration d'un Soir' Eau de Toilette 3.3 oz
Cartier 'Declaration d'un Soir' Eau de Toilette 3.3 oz
Cartier 'Declaration d'un Soir' Set Limited Edition 114 Value One Size
Cartier 'Declaration d'un Soir' Set Limited Edition 114 Value One Size

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Cartier Declaration d'Un Soir fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Cartier Declaration d'Un Soir, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Declaration d'Un Soir by Cartier. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Declaration d'Un Soir by Cartier represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.