Designers » C » Woody Floral Musk « Groups

Declaration d'Un Soir Cartier for men

Declaration d'Un Soir Cartier for men Pictures Declaration d'Un Soir Cartier for men Pictures

Cartier is revamping one of their best-selling fragrances in the entire portfolio, Déclaration, a masculine cologne by perfume Jean Claude Ellena, with a new flanker, out in the mainstream Cartier counters in October 2012.

Déclaration d'un Soir, a new fragrance for men, reprises the cold spices of the original, thanks to perfumer Mathilde Laurent's idea of not messing with something good but going for a much more subversive interpretation in men's fragrance. Essentially a huge rose with thorns, given the woody backdrop, it is boosted with cardamom and a very perceptible pepper spray top note to refresh and give piquancy. The woodiness comes from sandalwood.

A romantic and heady affair, in house Cartier perfume Mathilde Laurent revealed that she created it to "make the heart beat faster and to drive men to speak their minds."

The concentration of Déclaration d'un Soir is Eau de Toilette, coming in 100ml/3.4oz sizes. The new bottle is identical to the classic Déclaration, with its watch wrist winder top, but with Déclaration d'un Soir written vertically under the name to denote the different take.

Black Pepper Cardamom Caraway

Black Aoud

Declaration d'Un Soir Fragrance Reviews

charlieq08
charlieq08

It was magical since the first spray and very long lasting. It is not a monster projector, but it does project decently. I love that it sticks on your skin with that beautiful roses aroma for many hours. This is special. Easy to enjoy and love.

Francoparfum
Francoparfum

Very nice!
It is a sharp, zippy, confident and sophisticated, clear fragrance, with a slightly spicy background that gives it a "hi, I like hanging out with cool and rich Indians, and you can call me Raj the White guy" vibe.
It sort of smells like fancy commercial floor cleaner. The kind they'd use in a fancy airport and that you want to roll in.

Score: 88.9%
Proverbs 27:9

Sahmad
Sahmad

Fine fragrance, long lasting, sharper and spicier.

ayh210
ayh210

What can I say? i love rose scents and thought I would give this a try. This is a zingy red rose -- it actually reminds me quite a bit of Bond No. 9 bryant park, except that that one has brighter fruitier / rasberry overtones and this one has a very slight aquatic undertone. Would definitely buy this and douse my husband with it to see if he likes it :) If not, that's alrite i'll keep it for myself

JAYMZDEEN
JAYMZDEEN

The rose really sticks out in this one.. But its such an elegant scent... I really love this.... Rose is not my favorite note in fragrances .. But D'un Soir and Burberry Brit both knock it out of the park. If you like Rose.. You'll love this one!

mikenac
mikenac

Vibrant rose, strong performance, wearable and beautiful. Picture Declaration with less caraway/cumin type notes and the replacement of citrus with a masculine rose. The dry down is very much like Terre D'Hermes heart.

The rose does come on strong soon after application, so I wouldn't spray this one immediately before interactions unless you really want to be noticed.

lovetribe

the best rose scent for man. better than intense. 9/10 for not strong performance.

lovetribe

the best rose scent.better than intense.9/10 for not very strong performance.

siririschmoos
siririschmoos

if you love rose then this is for you, if you hate rose, wait!...............this still might be for you, at least give it a try, a sample/decant or borrow a spray or two at your local fragrance shop

i admit that i get self conscious about scents that are a bit too feminine, this gets rather close to that line i have drawn in my mind when considering fragrances

cartier managed to rework rose and blend it in rather well with the other notes

good projection and good life, on my skin

pros: nice/unisex/a bit different

cons: SAME from initial spray till it fades away

Supremescent
Supremescent

This is an absolutely magnificient fragrance.Everything blends together superbly. It does have a predominant rose note so it is not for the weak minded, low self esteem man. The sandalwood gives it its masculine vibe. Try it before you purchase and let it dry down, you'll come to adore this spectacular fragrance.

rakan1985
rakan1985

scent : 9/10
sillage : 8/10
longevity :8/10
60% day/ 40% night fragrance

no-fi
no-fi

Declaration d'un Soir is a beautifully rich and warm floral-spicy scent. It opens with a huge burst of spicy pepper and soft rose - it's without doubt the most peppery opening I've ever smelt. The intensity of the pepper fades as the fragrance evolves, but remains present as an enveloping spiciness. In the dry down, the rose becomes woodier as the sandalwood comes to the fore.

Projection is good and longevity is monstrous, especially for a modern scent. It lasted hours on my skin with no noticeable drop in performance. I could still smell it as a skin scent the next day the first time I tried it. So it's great for cold weather and evenings.

This would suit a formal event, rather than romantic use - but the right person will find this irresistible. You just need to find that special someone who likes their roses with plenty of sharp thorns.

Joeri
Joeri

This is an excellent wearable rose. No body odour at all for this one, in contrast to the original.

knoxknoll777
knoxknoll777

All I can say is HOLY CRAP this stuff is good. Sprayed this stuff on at 11:00 AM on my wrist. It's now 4:00 PM and it literally smells like I just sprayed it on. This is the best masculine rose I have ever smelled. It has easily been kicked up to top 5 for me.

Thomaso7
Thomaso7

I liked it when I tried it. It has a pepperyness - and the rosy scent underneath.

GRAF
GRAF

Declaration d'Un Soir is one of the best all year scents I ve ever tried and the best from Cartier in my opinion. A captivating juice, fresh and spicy, floral and manly, spicy and peppery scent. The rose note makes it sensual, a night scent for seduction!

The longevity is very nice, about 7 hours and the sillage with two sprays is moderate.. dare two more and it becomes a beast of longevity and sillage!
The most distinguished notes are dominant rose, vivid sandalwood, pepper and cardamon.

I highly reccomend to use for all around year! Nice for winter, perfect for autumn and spring and nice for summer. Day and night but I prefer it by night as it is very sensual scent. Just incredible !!

shavenonthedarkside
shavenonthedarkside

Blast of rose, then mutates to something that would make the "dislikers" to say that is a fantastic smell. For the rose lover, it shows red rose but it's more pink because it is lively and light. Not to harsh if you let it settle 30 mins. Complement getter 100%. Anybody who begs to differ are not ROSE or floral lovers.

Celeria
Celeria

Magnificient rose scent ...
To me this one is really carnal ( I know people who told me it smells like raw meat !! ) and sensual thanks to that combo of fresh rose and pepper , the magic happens when Sandalwood comes in and makes this one a little more woody.

It's really unisex for me , and it's suitable for all seasons ( more a spring scent IMO ), definitely a night time or rainy day scent , it's a gem.. If you don't like rose scents you should try this one , the rose here is different , spicy and smooth , best man rose scent in the game for me.

However , it could disturb senses, for me this one is really a " sad " or scent, hard to explain...
Maybe a "mortuary" vibe? Am i the only one who gets this? It sounds strange but it's how I see it ... Yet I love this scent.

Performance : At least 8 hours , sometimes 10 ... Depends a lot of your skin type.
Porjection : This one is linear for me,just not beastmode nor skin scent, it always project 2 feet away and people usually like it when they get whiffs of that superb rose , they find it original.

4,5 stars/5

Mickey Rahman
Mickey Rahman

I have this fragrance for less than a month now and I fell in love right away. This frgrance is so unique. I smell pepper in the top note which can be overpowering in the begininng. The pepper note also responsible to bring this rose-based fragrance to the masculine side. Rose note is everywhere in the pyramide. I wear it everyday on any ocassion in summer and it smells wonderful, spicy, sweet, floral. Longevity is 8 h plus. Projection is good.

jeremyn87
jeremyn87

Very interesting and fairly unique fragrance.
It's fresh, spicy, rosy, green, elegant, and somewhat linear.
There is a rose note, but it's unlike other rose notes you've probably smelled before. It doesn't resemble the masculine/masculine-leaning-unisex rose notes you'd get from your Montales, Tom Fords, Al Rehabs, Diors and the like. Rather, the rose is a bit more transparent and airy, smelling more like the stem than the petals.

This is paired with some spices. I do get some impressions of cardamom, and there is a decent amount of pepper. It isn't a strong black pepper like Marc Jacob's Bang, or Oscar for Men. It's more like a rosy pink pepper.
The spice which truly dominates this fragrance is nutmeg. If you're familiar with nutmeg as a standalone spice (ie not paired with cinnamon, allspice, cloves etc during the fall and winter), it's a very fresh, clean, yet also pungent, earthy, and sour smelling spice. It's not particularly sweet, or as densely aromatic as cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, allspice etc, but it's not as earthy and pungent as cumin, coriander, caraway etc.
It helps complement the green, thorny rose, and gives the impression of lemons (sumac is similar in that regard, but I haven't seen it listed).

I do get some woods in the drydown. The sandalwood is sort of understated, and I get much more of a clean cedar instead (likely from iso e super, although nowhere near as much as the original Declaration, or Terre d'Hermes). Perhaps a little white musk as well.

All in all, I'd really think of this as a nutmeg, rose, and pepper fragrance.

Longevity and sillage are massive. 12+ hours, and it projects heavily for quite a few hours. If you spray too much, the pungent nutmeg might be overwhelming for an hour or so, however.

This is a modern masterpiece.

joenick68

This is probably on top of my Cartier collection of fragrances, I would say is exquisite and sublime at the same time. Even though is a rose based fragrance is totally masculine, you may say it could be unisex, but for me it leans totally to the masculine side, but for sure women can put this on without hesitation.
I had it as my signature cologne for a while, but it could be back to that place at any moment.
I got compliments every time I wear it right on and the "what do you have on?" question following.
I got the gift set with shower gel and after shave balm. I really enjoy the essence in the shower, is awesome, it remains the same and I already stocked up with a couple of big bottles of it.
Totally a must have if you like this kind of dark rose base essences. I'm happy I got it.

persefoni
persefoni

This comes as a shock, given the fact that it is marketed as a male perfume! I smell loads of heady, heavily-brewed, darkred rose. And loads of nutmeg and caraway, but still it feels odd that such a female-ish scent isn't regarded at least as unisex. Not that it matters, really...

I'd love to smell it on a guy, though i believe not many would be interested in such a heavy rose scent. On me it lasts about 6 hours, but despite the 15 degrees, i didn't particularly enjoy it, neither of the other times i wore it - i feel it needs a colder temperature.

However, it is an unusual male fragrance worth trying!

unshkbl00
unshkbl00

After 2 days of trying this awesome scent...."Fine Wine" is what comes to mind. This was an impulsive blind buy for me and I'm batting a good average, 12/13 that I really love. I wasn't sure what to expect from the house as it's my first Cartier fragrance. As soon as I opened the box, I could already smell the scent. This automatically put me on the defense, which altered what I thought. So I sprayed a little in the box and waited...I was more impressed with the bottle at the moment.

The next day I wore it just to see it's character...and it quickly jumped in the top 5!!! What a nice scent!!! The rose, pepper, sandalwood all work together and not against one another. It's a dry scent...nothing "juicy" about it. I love it though, There's also this touch of floral to it to soften it up (Rose) but 100% masculine for a male. First spray is good...but the scent when this dries down is out of this world. Very Very classy scent....and IMHO it's a unique smell. Get you a bottle before this becomes extinct and you have to give a body part to buy it.

Sillage: 9/10
Longetivity: 10/10 All Day

Kristopher Karp
Kristopher Karp

This is a fragrance not for a gentleman, but for a gentle man. I can imagine Javier Bardem's character in Vicky Cristina Barcelona wearing this. Or Jeff Buckley. It conjures a colour, and that colour is a light, soft pink. Young "bro" types will not wear this.

I don't consider it a casual or fresh scent, rather it veers towards being formal, and in that sense the "soir" in the name is fitting.

I totally get the rose-scented soap allusions, which I see as a negative. But it carries itself well despite this and would highly recommend it if you want to accentuate the gentler parts of your character.

Dirt Dog
Dirt Dog

Valentines day is upcoming so I decided to review a few of my rose fragrances for Fragrantica Readers. Cartier Declaration D'un Soir is much like an American Beauty Hothouse rose that you might buy at the grocery store or a florist. Its a lovely cut rose that is easily purchasable but not one that you would ever try to grow in your own garden or make much of a fuss over if you were one acquainted with a spade.

As for scent, it smell's nice. It has rose and sandalwood and the rose is well done, agreeable and nice. Cartier is one of my favorite design houses and one of the reasons why is that they do not try to imitate what they are not. They let diamonds speak for themselves and don't outset the stone and in their fragrances they let the notes speak and do not hide them with creativity. It seems diamonds and roses sometimes need little help to be beautiful. They take a fragrance, do it well, and let the notes luminesce without need of the offset. For a designer fragrance, this one smell's unusually natural and eschews the "cologny" taint that you often get with cheaper colognes. Its nothing ground breaking, creative, or original except for actually letting the rose be the star with a creamy sandalwood base in support.

Performance and Sillage are right where they should be. DDS is a designer fragrance and I expect it to live and perform around the 6 hour mark with medium sillage. It does.

As far as my usage goes. I purchased my bottle, and the sprayer was broken. I decanted the unspilled juice and returned the bottle. I do not know how much I have actually used but its a fair bit. And I do plan on purchasing another bottle when I get low. Its 50/50 that I would have if the bottle had arrived safely. So, worthiness of repurchase has no impact on my rating of DDS.

Value is pretty good. I expect Designer to live around the $20 an ounce mark. This fragrance is easily findable for under $15 an ounce and you can probably find it under $10 if you try.

Overall, I am going to rate this at 85 or a B rating.

I compared this to an American Beauty cut rose. It is an easy way to enjoy a rose fragrance. Its available, easy to find, beautiful, and you get what you expect. It doesn't really last a long time. But it does what you want, rose on top and sandalwood at the base. It smells nice and it gets the job done. Declaration D'un Soir is not unique or "interesting". Its a far cry from Bull's Blood as it wears better and I like it a lot better. DDS just does everything well and I would easily rate it as the absolute best rose fragrance in the designer world that I have smelled to date. Its natural. It smells very good. It lasts. It gets the job done. It is available. It is affordable. When you go to the florist you know what you are going to get. You aren't digging in the soil and hoping for cultivation into exhibition form. You get what you pay for with little originality or creativity. But you know they will be accepted with a smile and will be ensconced inside crystalline vases of appreciation.

CoconutCoffee
CoconutCoffee

It is okay but not very memorable. I get no notably unique notes or surprises. At first impression it is a pleasant blend of unidentifiable spicy notes and unidentifiable flowers. The overall effect is quite chilly. Whoever wears it is being considerate, has a pleasant manner, never offends, but is not giving anything away and remains hard to know and thus hard to like or trust. I visualise a barrister.

Over time I get a hint of bitter green like the broken stems/crushed leaves of flowers, plus a slightly sour note like the body odour of office workers who never feel the sun on their skins, plus a slightly acrid note like stale tobacco smoke on clothing. These off-notes are interesting but not enough to give this fragrance a personality. I visualise a barrister who accepts bribes. Not a gangster. Someone who plays the corporate game.

It is less a 'declaration' than a 'no comment'.

Not for me.

mutatismutandis
mutatismutandis

This is a lovely rose scent. I tried the 'Intense' version first and then this one. It's a nice light rose scent that sits with the pepper at the start and then on top of the sandalwood base. It's a delicate smell but it has a bit more power than you might think. It's very tricky to do a rose scent for men but Cartier have pulled it off with this one. It's sensual and different and very well blended.

I can't make my mind up whether I prefer the 'Intense' version or not but, as the name suggests, the two are very similar and so I think the choice between the two depends mostly on your preference for sillage and strength. However, if you like one, you'll like the other too. Both are lovely. I hope Cartier's bravery is rewarded in choosing to renew and extend the Declaration line.

zcsmith78
zcsmith78

Well blended quality scent, but the rose really pops on my skin. As some have mentioned, it's a dirty rose and for those that like that accord - or even have a mild dislike - you may like this scent since it's not a super strong rose bomb. That being said, I am not a fan because the rose really pops on my skin, and even though others can't detect it, my nose picks it up just fine.

If you are a rose lover or want to give a rose scent a try, this is a great option. The scent was just not for me.

LE NEZ - zouhair
LE NEZ  - zouhair

Une vrai déclaration, mais pas que pour le soir...
une fragrance avec roses, santal, épices et cardamon, ressemble un tout petit peu au parfum Déclaration d'un soir intense, mais le deuxième et nettement mieux et le dépasse de loin, donc si vous avez le choix entre les deux, prendre l'intense sinon si vous avez pas le choix, le prendre est toujours une bonne option, car c'est un parfum qui sent bon, qui dure bien, et qui est un peu spécial... de caractère quoi...

bigbz
bigbz

Not a fan of rose normally, but this is quite good. A nice, "watery" and transparent-light rose note here with pepper and cardamom. Scent doesn't seem to change a whole lot, just slowly fades over time to reveal a slightly sweet sandalwood base in the drydown.

I could see this being quite versatile, both as a mellow chill/work fragrance and also working well for semi-formal occasions. I think rose is a hard note to pull off in a masculine way, but this is the best effort I've encountered thus far. Rose done right!:) Longevity seems slightly above average, while projection is average to slightly below after the first hour or two. Good offering from the Cartier house.

BeOrtega
BeOrtega

better then most versions of this scent

the rose stands out nicely and makes the opening very pleasant unfortunately like most declarations it has this really sharp note that i find to heady :(

be careful when spraying because if you over do it by one it turns into a scrubber instantly

the hunt continues for a declaration version that works for me

on to the next

muhammad.alamgeer
muhammad.alamgeer

It's feels like you have been working in woods are living there...It’s not bad not very good... 6/10 fragrance

nassim_91
nassim_91

very sexy fragrace i loveeeeeee it

malibulife
malibulife

very nice rose and pepper mixing. its very dark and mystic, i think not for womens, bitter and masculine,

Scent = 9/10
Longevity = 8,5/10
Projection = 7/10

stephan
stephan

This has nothing to do with Paestum Rose. Déclaration d'un Soir is a very bright pink rose, Paestum Rose is dark red rose (but still very clean smelling). Déclaration d'un Soir is soapy, Paestum Rose is balsamic.

I don't get the top notes listed. The heart notes listed are the first I can smell: rose and nutmeg. The sandalwood comes much later together with some musk, when the pink rose becomes a little greener.

Lovers of this scent should try Eau de Protection, and why not Lyric Man.

Ladies who are tired of girlish scents should try this, it is perfectly unisex and would be very fresh/clean on a woman.

I prefer my rose darker and with some resins, so I'll stick to my beloved Paestum Rose.

The longevity of Déclaration d'un Soir is pretty good. It's not a sillage monster, but people will notice you. A great fragrance.

fabio.bernieri
fabio.bernieri

A blast of Rose and Black pepper, with a little spices.
Good lasting and moderate sillage.

Good scent, but not my style.
My rating: 5/10

tomerits
tomerits

one of the best masculine rose scent out there.
the rose here is very fresh and i can't compare it to any other rose in any other men fragrance that i tried.
longevity is great, 7-8 hrs with good sillage.
if you're into rose scent you must try it.
my rank, 4/5.

romansandals
romansandals

I was gifted this lovely fragrance by my beautiful friend, kitykat1971, after she thoughtfully took the time to study my "I Want" list on this site! It is a beautiful soft rose that remains masculine thanks to the balance of sandalwood and cardamom. It is actually quite similar to Comme une Evidence by Yves Rocher, with better projuection and longevity. A perfect birthday gift, thanks to Kitykat!

Lmuradian
Lmuradian

Picked this up recently. I own the original Declaration and this is definitely a big contrast from the original which I like but I don't wear as often but this,All I have to say is that I'm not a huge fan of rose in men's colognes. But this is right up my ally. I will say this is one masculine rose. That black pepper and sandalwood and small hits of nutmeg make this a stunner. The great thing about it is that it is very unisex and very unique. You might think this scent has faded away but it's their just small hits of it flow through the air. And when it does and the opposite sex gets it on their nose. Be ready for a conversation that goes something like this. " Hi I'm Michelle and I wanted to ask you is that you wearing that scent that makes me want to give you my number written on my panties" true story. Definitely signature scent worthy. A year long scent. 9/10

smt
smt

یه ورژن جدید از لاین دیکلاریشن که هیچ ربطی به نسخه اولیه نداره ، یه کار چوبی فلورال چهارفصل

استارت رایحه با بوی گرم و تند فلفل به همراه کمی هل و یه ته بوی ضعیف از زیره آغاز میشه ، حضور زیره اینجا یکم حالت عطاری و گیاهان دارویی داره که یه تم گیاهی تلخ و خشک به رایحه ابتدایی میده

حدود یک ربع بعد بوی رز که بشکل خیلی خفیف تو نت ابتدایی هم میشد حسش کرد کم کم قدرت میگیره و جای فلفل رو بعنوان رایحه غالب عطر میگیره

بوی رز حالت شرقی عربی یا مثل اکثر کارای زنونه نیست مخصوصا از اواسط نت میانی و اضافه شدن روایح چوبی حالت تلخ و مردونه به خودش میگیره

در کل عطر بدی نیست فقط یکم سن بالا میزنه و بیشتر به درد افراد میانسال و بالاتر میخوره اونم با پوشش رسمی

اگه رایحه ش مقبول بیافته و خوشتون بیاد تقریبا تو تمام فصول سال میشه ازش استفاده کرد
ماندگاری خیلی خوبی هم رو پوست خشک و سفید داره ، من ۶ غروب یه پاف زدم رو مچم ، فردا ۷ صبح هنوز دستم بوی رز میداد ، پخشش هم متوسط رو به بالا

josevancouver
josevancouver

I thought I would give this one a try as it is pretty inexpensive on Fragrancenet. To net it out...it's not for me. Just a bit too heavy on the rose for me. There are other rose-based fragrances I like - Intense Cafe (used lightly) or Dsquared Potion Royal Black to name a few, but the rose in those fragrances are less dominant than this one. With D'un Soir, you will get a lot of fresh rose...so you have to like rose, and I prefer mine in the background.

Chromakey Dreamcoat
Chromakey Dreamcoat

Potpourri

Adam300691
Adam300691

Ok, Holy fuck *excuse my language* where do i start with this one.

This has got to be one of the best smelling fragrances i have ever owned, and, well - smelled!

I received this in the post here in Australia, as Cartier is hard to find here in Brisbane, so had it shipped from Melbourne.

I took it out, and thought, wow - the bottle looks great, i have a good feeling about this already! I went to spritz it on my wrist, and nothing came out :( Until i worked out it had a clasp behind it that you needed to flick down HA!

One Spritz was all i needed, to send me to a place beyond heaven - mother natures throne room?

This one spritz lasted on my wrist for about 7 hours. Now im scared. This was when i realized this fragrance was extremely special, extremely different. And from that point on i haven't worn it again, as i don't want to use it up, and just wear it on any old day or night, for no good reason.
This scent has moderate projection, which is fine with me, as i wouldn't want anyone up too close or too far away to be able to smell it.

The opening of this scent is amazing, the dry down of this scent is extremely amazing. It's what has me coming back to my wrist to smell it again and again. I was watching tv after i spritzed it, and i literally lost myself in the scent and completely missed the 45mins of my David Attinborough animal documentary, that i was hanging out to watch all week!

To me, its about 80% rose, 15% pepper and 5% sandalwood, and that's why this fragrance is so amazing. I find it nearly borderline feminine, but the sandalwood completely saves it, hence the easy wear for guys.

This scent is so sophisticated, to me, that i would only wear this when im in a suit or dressed up and going out. I would never ever wear this if i was just meeting a friend or family for lunch or for netflix and chills HAHA!!

Scent = 10/10
Longevity = 10/10
Projection = 8/10
Bottle design = 8/10

simon.edwards
simon.edwards

Love the original, so was pleased to pick up a sample of this yesterday. Very heavy rose note, which is strong from initial application to dry-down. Underneath is the original version, but comes out very lightly. Not sure why this is sold as an evening fragrance - probably mor emore suited as a daytime scent - not sure i'd want to smell of roses whilst out drinking, or at dinner. Actually, I've just sprayed about 10 squirts on 30 minutes ago and its virtually disappeared. Not great. :(

BriantheFragranceNewb
BriantheFragranceNewb

I am definitely getting heavy rose with this scent, but I find it fresh and better than most "fresh" scents I've smelled so far. I also find the development of the scent to be rather linear as I don't feel that it's changed all that much over about 8 hours, but I think that's a good thing. I have also found the longevity and sillage to be rather good. I have been pleasantly surprised with this one.

aliks
aliks

Camphor and roses. This may of course not please every man but it it is indeed extremely elegant and apart from the usual fragrances we are used to smelling today. It could have been issued in the seventies and would have become a classic. The rose reminds me of Acteur by Azzaro if some of you here remember it, but it is a lot fresher. Great for special occasions when you are wearing elegant clothes.

stella-00
stella-00

i got this for my husband. absolutely amazing,

don't listen to 'this is disaster' and 'poutpuri' reviews, unless u prefer to smell fisherman or workman after full day work sweating through and using 'cover up' perfume... i know what i am talking about, as i built my son's and husband's perfume wardrobe, and acquainted with what is available now on the market well.. very few perfumes like this one... it is stunning, uniqie, and i have to admit - it is so gorgeous, that i was taking the bottle and 'showered' myself in it...now i have 3 bottlesof this in my collection (i always have numerous multiples for the best things).

i think there s misunderstanding with this perfume. For those who acquainted with Hermes perfumes (Terre, Voyage) and especially with Hermessense collection - i could easily put this one in line with those creations.it is this kind of understated beauty, that once u smell it from someone and u don't even know what it is, u definitely can say it is a real good quality stuff.
this perfume has no sex 'attachment':it is as good on a woman as on a man. it is not 'typical' man's concoction, but soft, all-day-long lasting, lingering in the air around a wearer and leaving a nice trail, very- very beautiful and classy, not like majority of man perfumes that i find are a 'punch' in the nose. this perfume for elegant, classy men. stays on the clothes until u wash it.

absolutely perfect for any occasion.

MensEdP
MensEdP

Firstly, I find the time honored gentlemens fragrances from the 50's & 60's to be among my fondest rememberences. The nuance of subtle powdered rose dancing through the evolving dry down can take off the rough edges at the end of a tiresome day.
I have seldom regretted a blind buy over the decades and this was a surprise disaster. I've read reviews that aligned it to walking through a fragrant rose garden after a spring shower. Perhaps for some... but I found it akin to standing in that same garden while a truck drove through blasting all vegetation with billowing clouds of mosquito pesticide. Sorry but this missed by more than a mile on my skin. Chemical synthetic, medicinal, unwearable. To make matters worse it was absolutely linear four hours later when I scrubbed it off my pores.

Kdu
Kdu

Tasted it these days, I can speak without fear of making mistakes! This I have to have!

sensitiveJest
sensitiveJest

A classy fragrance with a neat rose silage,together with a very rare and magical combination of caraway and cardamom..This one is really a must-try in case you want to feel a speck of attention to your special self :)

Platinum1
Platinum1

~ Perfumer Ms Laurent has captured her creations intent by making my own "heart beat faster" and now "speaking my mind" with praise for this handsome perfume! I have had d'un Soir suggested to me many times as a formal gentleman's scent but always resisted, that is until now! This doesn't fail to evoke a pleasant image and it suits me well. If you are man reading this and are hesitant of rose notes rest easy! The unisex creation I find here in pepper and wood balances out the sensitive romantic notes of rose and cardamom to perfection. All with no fear of the cumin note as it is very subdued compared to the original. The smooth sweet dry down carries me back to pleasant memories of the green spring rose garden and country home of my youth. A charming fresh sillage with great longevity in tasteful glass that will compliment any shelf of the finest niche bottles.
Kind Regards, Plat ~

iman_hamishe_payiz
iman_hamishe_payiz

Work of Reality in the Age of Chemical Abstraction

in Persia we extract Golab(Rosewater) out of Rosa × damascena, we use it mostly in cooking and some people apply it on themselves as the traditional scent from time immemorial but it doesn't last, d'un Soir is unbelievably an authentic rendition of the real thing, some spices have been added which work in the background and make it even better than Golab, with lasting strength.

Unisex which leans toward masculinity

not for the multi-dimensional vanilish/citrusy post-modern dandy or woody herbal classical macho

paranoidandroid
paranoidandroid

The top notes of Serge Luten's "La Fille de Berlin", diluted into a vat of cold cashmeran with cardamom accents.

Extremey legible. Well done if you can tolerate cashmeran style notes in abundance.

VictorVuong
VictorVuong

I would wear it in cold weather, because the powdery, little bit peppery rose drying down gives me a warm, peaceful feeling, like my beloved one hugging me. I must admit that I hate the opening so much, too strong and synthetic.

ameer014
ameer014

It smells like peppery rose which is something new to my nose and that's why I like about it, I just like it for now maybe I need to wear it more to appreciate it more, Longivity is good with moderate projection.

kanak

@fnzeee Jean Claude Ellena's heart was not in this one because Mathilde Laurent is the nose behind this!! He did the original Declaration. :)

fnzeee
fnzeee

This fragrance is the one I most regret buying. I thought it would be a good summer fragrance, a masculine rose scent with peppery overtones. When I smelled it at the counter it captured my interest. After trying to wear it now several times, I am very disappointed. After the pungent pepper subsides, the rose takes over and is appallingly synthetic and ridiculously overpowering. There is a sickening sweetness that lasts through drydown and yields an "old lady" like quality and makes the scent smell "cheap". Worse yet, the longevity and projection are massive, so there is no getting rid of the cheap sweet nastiness. I consider it unwearable and even have to lock the bottle in a box to prevent the aroma from filling the room.

Edit: I tried this again since the buyer I had flaked....it is still disgusting to me. I have a pretty broad palette, so it it says something that this is truly one of the only fragrances I cannot stand.

I found this Declaration flanker disappointing. Every time I used it, I felt there was somthing wrong in the composition. May be caraway and rose are not friends? After consuming 50ml, I gave away the 100ml bottle to a friend. Not my cup of tea.

Lesser
Lesser

I have been dreaming about Declaration for several months, but found it to be really hard to find unless you make a blindbuy online. But I won an auction on eBay that featured many samples and among them this flanker to the original so I tried it out.

So what do I get out of this fragrance?
I find this perfume to be a really fun experience to wear. It a spicy aromatic green scent with an exciting composition. Even though the notes stated in here does not comply to what I expected I do recignise the spice ones. Also I get cypress and tonka bean, as well as dried green leaves.

The longevity is decent - about 4-5 hours and when sprayed it is quite intense but becomes more subtle and radiates within an arms length. Great silage for most occasions.
The fragrance has a certain resemblance to Gucci pour homme sport but not as fresh as the Gucci. I don't find it to be a really masculine scent but more a soft scent trying to find itself in a crowded wheel of notes. It is a very green scent almost like taking a walk in the park when it has just rained.

Overall Rating 4/10

shravanevana
shravanevana

"You smell delllicious!"
"Wow! Your cologne smells sooo good!"...were a few of the compliments I got with this one.

It was my love at first sniff! Peppery rose with a sandalwood background is pretty hard to resist! Hands down my favourite from the house of Cartier.

Longevity: 9/10 (8-10 hours)
Projection: 9/10 (~3 hours; 4-6 feet)
Sillage: 8/10
Complement factor: 8/10
Versatility: 10/10
Bottle worthy: Absolutely!

Overall: 9.5/10

the_badger
the_badger

Blind bought it. Looking at the notes, it reminded me of La Nuit de L'homme which I love (cardamom, nutmeg, caraway combo). I was actually looking for the original Declaration but they didn't have it in stock, so I said what the heck and went balls deep on this one. My first impression was "Mmm.. I have smelled this before... on women!". Fearing it is too feminine, I asked the opinion of a waitress. She said it was ok, definitely masculine but advised me not to overspray. Huh, and I thought it was weak! My nose must be numb already from smelling so many fragrances. The scent reminds me of wrapping paper, letter envelopes and the smell of new books, which I believe is the sandalwood at work. In all, i don't love it as much as La Nuit but I find it safer to wear in the daytime. It's also less "colony" with the exception of the initial blast. The sillage is relatively small and sits close to the skin. Longevity is moderate.

UPDATE
I really don't like the opening. It is very harsh, synthetic and smell like chemicals. On top of that it lasts about an hour before I can consider walking out with it.

Bart Hostens
Bart Hostens

Delicious! Very elegant with an unusual backbone for a men's scent: a rose. I'm not fond of roses in perfume but DPUN mixes the flower beautifully with the sandal, caraway and nutmeg. Really unique. Opening is strong and bold, then dries down so distinguished. It's mysterious, dry, colorfull and warm, but with a soapy freshness that keeps it light. I feel like a prince.

mike2342
mike2342

One word to describe this. Outstanding. Im hooked cant stop sniffing my wrist. Smells like sitting in a rose garden on a hot summer day wow. The best rose scent ive ever smelt. 10/10

kanak

Declaration D'Un Soir is a nice, fresh smelling, spicy rose. The pepper and nutmeg keep this one slightly on the masculine side of unisex but a woman could pull this one off easily. The rose note in this smells like an actual rose on a stem rather than rose oil or extract so dont buy this one expecting a strong, oriental rose note. Good projection and fantastic 9 plus hours longevity on skin for me and flexible enough to be worn pretty much anytime. And frankly I thought this would be one of those frags I would end up wearing purely for my own pleasure but surprise, surprise, I have gotten heck of a lot of compliments with this. All said and done, a rose for men done right. I started by liking it. Then it turned to love..8.5/10

Edit- go easy spraying this one. It projects a lot stronger than you think. Been getting a lot more compliments than I usually do as well!! This one is a winner.

Jaradona
Jaradona

Absolutely wonderful.. my next buy for sure. subtle rose very calm and giving a way for the rest of beautiful notes to appear. suitable for all ages, love it, it is absolutely better than the intense version, and lasted on me longer.

perzephone
perzephone

I don't know if maybe the sample I received was old, or from a bad batch. It's possible. This cologne smells like an industrial solvent and has a distinct acetone note. It is 'woody', if you're version of 'woody' involves wood alcohols and esters. The blue gunk we used to join PVC pipe in our sprinkler system had less of a throat-hit and was only slightly more eye-watering.

YogSodoth
YogSodoth

Opens really powerfully, spicy, with almost a dried fruit overtone, love the opening... but on me, then it just turns to a Play-Doh smell. Took about 2 minutes. Sadder but wiser.
EDIT: But wait! Twenty minutes later it turns into a forest floor. Pine, something mossy and earthy. Kinda nice, but still not for me.

Manny44

This smells to me like the stem of the rose at least as much as the flower, with a bold but not overpowering Caraway and Pepper note.8.5/10

SNOOPY
SNOOPY

The rarest of flowers,a masculine rose.
Actually anybody could wear this it is just that good.
I have not tried intense version yet but looking forward to it.
Nothing at all like its namesake.
Calm relaxing fagrance.
Universal versatility and one of the most original designer creations of recent years.
It is difficult to make a masculine rose scent.Well Done Miss Laurent!
Like making a good superhero movie,its difficult to pull off and great when it works.
Reminds me of the roses that lined the driveway where i would ride my tricycle ages ago.Deep and juicy.Everything is more crisp when you are a child.
Just the right amount of spices,they play back up to the roses without taking center stage.
This one will stand out.

badri
badri

beautiful rosey scent without being Heavy

I like the Middle and base notes even more than the opening

Longevity: very good on skin , great on clothes (around 2-3 days) !

Mojtabaa

@Manny44 Thank you, could you tell me the differences between them or at leas describe the scent of this one?

Which one is more classy, luxurious or even sexy?

By the way, can you name similar perfumes to these two? I mean Ungaro III and this one.

Manny44

@mujtabba No, not at all.Very different smelling fragrances. Like them both though.

Hey Guys,

Is this frag similar to Ungar III?
I asked this because I have Ungaro III and according to votes here, I see that both of them have the Rose note as a domminant note... So are they similar?

joenick68

I got back to be a fan of Cartier after smelling this amazing fragrance. Wow! it was love at first smell and I just sample it in my wrist and couldn't wait to fully wear it, I obviously smell the rose and is so nicely done for a man's fragrance with the combination of the other notes, is masculine and yet subtle and sensual.
The nose under this cologne deserves my respects. I ordered a gift set with after shave balm and shower gel and it was a great value combo, and I've already ordered another one since will be wearing very often. I totally bought it based on the reviews here and it was a blind buy, and no regrets at all. I would probably liked if it had a heavier sillage, no compliments yet since is my first time wearing it and oh what a delicious combination of scents; oh and other thing this is one of the colognes that you can spray generously with out worrying of offending any one, awesome!!!.

Update 1/26/15

Nice things happen when I wear this.. lovely.

AZJeff
AZJeff

This is another fragrance that has the Rose accord in it. It does smell masculine and sort of earthy also. I can smell the Rose note. I wanted to describe the scent like a "dusty rose" as if it's almost as if I'm smelling roses that's been thru a dust storm. I changed my mind later to think it's more of a rose scent in the middle of the woods (a woody rose). I didn't think I would like it too well in the beginning but now after smelling it more times, I like it even more.! I highly recommend checking this fragrance out, if you like woody fragrances or ones with a rose accord in it.

khosro.zk
khosro.zk

You want a sensual rose? Not in face and masculine? You are in right place here.
Pepper made rose to become masculine here. It is very a modern rose fragrance and does not like middle eastern rose fragrances. Don't worry and give it a try.

I have to say that it is not as interesting as original Declaration. Actually the only thing that I do not love in this fragrance is linearity. After 30 minutes of spraying, there would be no change in the scent.
Longevity and projection is very good here. It last for 12 hours and project for 9 hours. It does not project like a beast, but you can smell good for whole day.

Interesting: 7/10
Uniqueness: 8.5/10
Fresh? No
Clean? Yes
Smell: 8.5/10
seasons? Spring, Summer, fall
Type: Work, wedding, friendly meetings, official meetings, date.
Longevity: 12 hours
projection: Heavy for first 2 hours, for next 8 hours moderate, the rest faint

Totally 8.5/10

Ramal27
Ramal27

I honestly am IN LOVE with this scent. Just ordered another bottle. I always get compliments on this one!

tdwctdwc
tdwctdwc

The only rose based scent that i embrace and adore to pieces.

This has two notes that i usually steer away from: Rose and Cardamom, but it manages to capture my nose in a way that not even scents with my favorite notes can. And that to me is a STATEMENT in blending.

A "luminous" young rose dipped in a masterful accord of cumin, sandalwood and cardamom. Bright yet undeniably warm and rich. Modern in its execution yet old school in its romantic interaction with the skin.

I love it.

Raidersteveo
Raidersteveo

"Mathilde Laurent revealed that she created it to "make the heart beat faster and to drive men to speak their minds.""

Good Lord! A fragrance is going to do this? She must have added some "secret" notes as well. This could revolutionize perfumery as we know it!

All kidding aside, this is a very nice perfume. I love the beautiful cardamom/sandalwood blast in the opening, wrapped ever so delicately in rose. I don't really pick up any of the spicy notes listed such as the pepper or nutmeg. The cardamom and sandalwood settle down after 20 minutes or so and the rose becomes a little stronger. From here on out it remains pretty linear as it subsides to a skin scent.

I think my only complaint is it doesn't seem to be as long and loud as I would like it to be. My dry skin sucks up perfume like there's no tomorrow so I tend to like it on the stronger side. Nonetheless this a very beautiful perfume and I recommend to anyone who appreciates a nice woody/floral composition.

jays786

Middle and dry down is exquisite absolute masterpiece highly recommend to sample... rating straight 10/10.

KingBoris
KingBoris

Very classy, smells great, I get 10H easily out of this, women love it. 9/10

jays786

Absolutely gorgeous fragrance the dry down is exquisite rose but the best rose you can smell very smooth and very classy this could easily be sold as a niche fragrance... definitely in my top 5 of all time bottle is gorgeous as well... would i buy anther bottle in the future? Definitely yes absolute masterpiece ratings 10/10 highly recommend to sample.

jimmyo1
jimmyo1

Smooth rose and exquisite drydown.

I'm hooked.

It's that simple.......

Kharnak Rex
Kharnak Rex

More spicy than the original Declaration, but VERY long lasting and smells very similar. Very nice, but less sweet, and less of that "lemon pie" vibe the original Declaration has. Just more spice in this version, but very familiar.

Quite honestly.. it has a kind of musty "beer" like quality to it. I thought it was something like Vetiver or grassy green hay. Masculine, expensive smelling, long lasting.

Sillage: modest
Longevity: very long

bonacosta30
bonacosta30

Roses thorn. This is what it is all about. A Woody rose with spice, sharp, synthetic. Not too féminin, but i would say not manly either. Could be unisex. I can see why some people around here talk about a grand mother rosy soap, that remind me this a little bit. It smell good, different for a man scent, but not a wow fragrance. It is a fragrance, IMO, that u get tire of wearing fast. I don t put this very often. It does have a good longevity and average sillage. A fragrance good for spring, summer night or special occasion. I wouln t say that this is good for blind buy. Something to try, i m happy with it, but i wont buy another bottle. Here is the score:

Smell: 7/10, good, but not wow. U need to love (and be ready!) to smell roses.
Longevity: 4/5, about 6 hours. Sometime more.
Projection: 3,5/5, arm lengh.
Versatility: 3/5, spring, summer night and special. That about all i see for that frag.
Overall: 17/25, it is a try for me.

Chicago Tony T

A well balanced spicy rose scent. Superb quality and a great overall smell and performance. I get at least 6 hours of silage and 8 longevity. One of the more masculine rose frags on the market. I also enjoy Dsquared Potion which is top notch as well. Very well priced and a great addition for anyone looking for a non traditional rose scent.

Rich28
Rich28

Declaration d'Un Soir is a very nice well blended rose dominant fragrance complimented mainly by sandalwood and spices. On my skin it opens up with a rose and sandalwood combination before evolving into a wonderful, somewhat sweet (because of the spices) rosy scent that isn't as powdery as some rose frags tend to be. It's like walking into a room with a bowl of rose potpourri. You get this thin, almost transparent rose fragrance that's not overpowering but very recognizable.

I do like it a lot, the quality is unmistakable. This has to be one of the best fragrances I've owned in terms of longevity. On my skin it lasts from sun up till sun down and gives decent projection throughout the day. It creates a nice aura that will be noticed once someone gets within a certain radius of your person.

I think this wears best at work during the day or dressed up at evening however, it's more of an evening scent as the name suggests. For me it's not a casual fragrance so I won't reach for this whenever I feel like dressing down. Like some of the reviewers already mentioned, I think this is also unisex, so if you're thinking of making a blind purchase and that's an issue for you then I recommend that you get a sample before committing to a full bottle.

DaZeD
DaZeD

How this has anything to do with the original is a mystery to me, maybe the hints of cardamon, but it's like comparing a Mercedes with an Audi.They both have wheels, engines, exhausts, etc, both are quality cars, they might even come in the same color, but besides that, they have nothing in common.I don't really care about the name, it just strikes me as odd to name a scent after it's predecessor when its completely different.

This scent however is so delicious, I think it'll become one my favorite scents pretty soon.

Usually I find this type of rose too feminine, but mixed with the other notes it creates an incredibly fresh, light, but full scent, which is extremely addictive to smell.

I think it should work perfectly for all seasons and all occasions, during night or day, although the name suggests it's an evening scent it works just as good during daytime of course.

It has a very distinctive character, instantly recognizable, extremely smooth and sensual.

Also, good sprayer, but the plastic piece to prevent accidental sprays is annoying, I removed it.

lovetribe

tested and re tested,buy and rebuy.maybe the best rose scent for man.but at a price of 14 euro i've bought yves rocher rose fresh that have the same performance about sillage and longevity(not much).
poor longevity and sillage.but good rose.
:-(

Thee Arabian Knight
Thee Arabian Knight

I finally got around to trying this one, and I am impressed with it. I guess the rose note is what got me interested in it.

Cartier Declaration d'Un Soir is a delicious blend of roses spiced with cardamom and pepper, balanced with a dry sandalwood note. The opening is what really blew my mind. The rose is so authentic and I could easily pick up the cardamom and pepper, which were so nicely done. When it dries down, it just gets more mellow and woody. I enjoyed this composition very much.

However, my only beef with this is the longevity. I got a sample of this from Sephora, and it isn't all that strong. I had a full wearing of it and it became so weak after an hour, which really disappointed me because this fragrance is lovely. I'll give it some more wearings to see how it does, because I'm not willing to spend that kind of money on it if it doesn't last.

If you are thinking of jumping on the rose bandwagon, look no further. This fragrance incorporates rose and spice perfectly, making the scent 100% authentic. It is a beautiful scent.

ginger68
ginger68

Tested and re-tested. I’m a woman and I would like to wear floral, gourmand, pretty scents to feel myself delicate and sweet. But when I smell something like Cartier d’un Soir I must stop and realize that this kind of fragrances suits me. Simply beautiful, very far from cheap and synthetic smells. I adore cardamom and pepper and here these notes are well blended with rose. I think that this fragrance is really unisex. Fresh, spicy and comfortable. Classy but noticeable. A perfect balance. A great work!

GoodVibrations
GoodVibrations

A nice, sweetened, digitized image of a red rose bush pulled from the ground with well-tended soil still falling from the root system. Groundbreaking and masculine. But as compelling and aspirational as a 23 year-old Colonel Sexypants trying to convince you that he knows what you need in the love department. It flatters you but you know you don't need it.

Chicago Tony T

It's a nice floral scent that should be marketed as unisex. It has some of the spiciness of the original with woody elements added. The rose is dominant throughout without being overbearing. I tried Hermes Rose Ikebena yesterday and I prefer Cartier's. Longevity is at tops 6 hours with moderate sillage. a safe rose scent.

laantjebanaantje
laantjebanaantje

Wow, this fragrance is amazing!
The opening reminds me a bit of Eau de Protection by ELdO. The rose and pepper in both fragrances create a similar blood red, almost metallic effect. But here it is much sharper, much spicier.
Then it dries down to a gorgeous spicy sandalwood, adorned by an almost green rose. The cardamom (one of my absolute favorite fragrance notes) just shines in this, adding cool freshness in a wonderful spicy way.
Déclaration d'Un Soir manages to be both fresh and deep and dark. Like a starlit sky reflected by a small pond in a rose garden on a chill spring night.

HoneyPamela
HoneyPamela

I’m in love at first blast; it’s clear, crisp, masculine and intoxicating. Then settles in, comfortably, like a secluded walk just after fallen rain in a wood, the ground covered in leaves, to come upon a lovely rose. This fragrance is like smooth silk on skin, quietly suggestive. At times it is present when absent, lingers for a time long after the walk is over. Simple and perfectly balanced, Cartier Declaration d’un Soir is an unusual men’s fragrance. The rose makes it feminine, but implied and understated. As a female, I enjoy it as a go to fragrance for day or night time wear. Fairly long lasting.

jfr1974
jfr1974

Sometimes when you smell things at the perfume counter the scent cloud that lingers around sometimes hides a few things - for the better some days but not always. I have mixed feelings about Declaration d'un soir - and these are not for the reasons you might instantly jump to. I love the rose note - clear yet in the not so forward. That in itself is the masterstroke as it comes forward. At the 7min mark it is where I love it most. Love the the rosy, woody /sandalwood mix.

What I don't like is the opening - the spritzt spice mix reminds me of a good quality insect repellent. Well at least on my skin. Than goodness that only last 2 to 3 mins until the rose start to take over. I don't get loads of projection. Longevity is good at about 8 hours.

Don't be scared of the rose. It's not as feminine as you think in this treatment. Try it first - try it a few times in fact.

aqua_de_la_vita

Out of all Declartion's...Declartion d'Un Soir by Cartier has to be the most unique frag and deserved a real high appraise. I never thought I would say that I enjoy a rose aroma. Declaration is definitely a really well made fragrance with a pronounced rose aroma with a slight smokey scent giving it a real aromatic scent.
Both black pepper, nutmeg and sandalwood notes elevate this fragrances giving it a real spicy blend which is a real twist a pronounced aroma of rose coming through which makes it absolutely AMAZING!!
I found a tester bottle, I found that longevity and Silage was definitely higher but not overwhelming...it lasts over 8hrs.
Overall opinion,
With Cartier frag's this one stands out the most!!! Usually Cartier frag's have a certain aroma of spicy/woodsy aroma with a couple others which are more herbal but non with a rose note.
Having to rate this frag is EXCELLENT due to it's originality. 9.5/10 or ★★★★★

brickbishop
brickbishop

Elegant, beautiful, a scent for the 21st century male who had an appreciation for the finer things of another era- not nostalgic mind you, but it does remind one of an imagined time when things were beautifully made, of polished wood and polished boots, genteel manners but wills of iron. Perfection.

sharmap14
sharmap14

cant get enough of this fragrance in the summer. wake up in the morning on a bright sunny day and spray this and smell fresh to death all day jus sooooo uplifting and happy frag

sukeshmenon
sukeshmenon

Simply brilliant, Period.

mfeezy
mfeezy

The rose in this reminds me of the rose in Bond No. 9 Hamptons but the scent is different. This is great for a warm evening around 70 degrees. Tonight, it made a woman stop in her tracks to ask me what I was wearing...

pjd1234
pjd1234

cartier dun soir the notes says it all opening not your usual citrus, lemony, sour opening as a lot of perfumes are this is different spicy bitter is what I call it. I can smell the pepper cardamom and a unusual note I guess that's the caraway in the heart a dominant rose note with a sweetness added to it which is the nutmeg with a woody base but still the rose in the backround this is a very sensual scent and is very much unisex in my opinion. It reminds me of ck one really but of coarse with high quality ingredients a mature version of ck one. If ck one is for the younger crowd dun soir is for the more mature and serious side. Overall a very nice fragrance from cartier although nothing ground breaking a solid release my rate.
longevity 6-8 hours pretty good solid longevity 7/10

sillage projection moderate not a loud scent 7/10

uniqueness/originality a solid 7/10 for me not very much unique and mind blowing.

overall smell 8/10 enjoyable, nice, appreciative I don't find it synthetic to me.

price vs quality base on retail of 89usd 7/10 id say fair a little on the high side imo cartier name but available on line everywhere for cheap.

season I give it an all year around but mostly morning wear not an evening frag for me imo.

paulhunter
paulhunter

This is so exquisite to my nose. The rose note does not get boring, and the spices mixed with the sandalwood are the perfect compliment. Declaration d'Un Soir is very unlike the original in my opinion. Much more elegant and a tad formal, but I'd wear this whenever I want. It's cozy but wouldn't be cloying in hot weather if applied correctly. Declaration d'Un Soir is classy but not restrained. It's exciting and enticing.

sNaKey
sNaKey

Great floral fragrance for spring/autumn and cold days of summer.

If you want to wear something different than all the aquatics and citrus fragrances, this is the best floral choice.

It opens with a strong spice smell (cardamom and black pepper) and it stays on my skin for about 3-4 hours. After that the pepper and cardamom wears a nice rose cloth making it floral and distinct for a gentleman.

The projection it is great for about 4 hours and longevity is there more than 8 hours.

Overall - 7.5/10
Price/Quality - 8/10

Lily2911
Lily2911

I steal this from my beloved one :-) a gift for him but i use it most of the time because it is an intoxicating incredible perfume : yes very spicy, woody but so refined with that abstract rose. Ladies, this is a " forbidden" fruit you definitively need to try. A real master piece !

EzioAuditore
EzioAuditore

Fragrance with style, something different ... Something unique!
Love this one! Longevity and sillage is very good, but i always spray more than 5 times so maybe that has also to do with it .. It's a love or hate this one !

spumyland
spumyland

ottima rosa! dura, intensa e sempre presente con il cardamomo fino alla fine.
fresco e di lunga durata.deciso,riconoscibile,only masculine & over 40!

Magnificient

it is a masculine Rose sparkled with cardimum and pepper.

very attractive , must try !

longevity: good , 5 to 7 hours.
projection: below average .
smell : 10 out of 10

Melyche
Melyche

It may be perceived as a heavy cologne but is really attractive. As a female I was like wow. Rose is the most noticeable note. It"s kind of rosy but in a masculine way. The rose domination may be considered floral. It's not. Mainly spicy. Impossible not to feel the pepper.
I have read a lot reviews about it and a lot of women say they thought it's for females and enjoyed using it. My opinion is, females who like masculine type of perfumes can use it without hesitation.
The best thing about is the silage. It's very long-lasting. I have a sample of it and today just sprayed a little on my pinky it lasted for hours.
I am quite sure that's gonna be the next gift for my boyfriend.However, he said it's nice but for old men :) I can't get enough of smelling it. Simply it's sexy. Highly recommended.

This is a fresh / spicy scent for men, the spices aren't overwhelming, the scent is basically well balanced, I do detect the rose, it gives freshness to the scent.Understated elegance , refined masculine scent..I can't see myself wearing it though, this is more masculine than feminine!? Great Cartier for men who do not like heavy scents..
Definitely a light touch for a non typical masculine scent..

Ayl
Ayl

نرم و کلاسیک . به محض استشمام یاد کاهو سکنجبین افتادم ، یه بویی شبیه سکنجبین میداد ، مثه شربت سکنجبین ! خلاصه خاطرات چندین سال قبل برام تداعی شد . اولش خیلی سریع و شدید و مقتدرانه ظاهر میشه بعد کم کم آروم میشه . شیرین و یه جورایی خنکه . چندان مناسب جوان ها نیست فکر می کنم . عطر بدی نیست . فک می کنم بیشتر اروپایی پسند باشه . خوبه ولی شاید در ایران خیلی ها نپسندن به خصوص نسل جدید . ء

samsara82
samsara82

Dear readers,

what can I say about the declaration of this perfume?.

Wow..
just wow, I have been so flabbergast by how Cartier fragrance are becoming my new friend now since turning into a adult
and I love it.

This decration d
un soir , is very crisp, aromatically, sexy male fragrance on its own that is sheer class and power without being haughty or obnoxious, its a very finely orchestrated handsome perfume that's made to win.

On my body chemistry smells like the bottle but after half hour, it dries down to a very woody rose that is warm and confident , I love it.

All I can say is definitely Cartier is going to take us up residence in my altar of perfumes in the future !
this fragrance if perfect for men that have their wits about them , love life and sophistication in everything-sheer class.

simply i love it.

drewqxc
drewqxc

I can smell why people think it is unisex because of the spicy note in it, however to my taste it is not for me. It is too sweet and rosy, just too feminine. My girlfriend loves it and has currently hijacked it from my collection which I am grateful for.

Not recommended for men.

Briburto2
Briburto2

I dont know what it is about this scent, but it smells very earthy to my nose. I smelled it and thought, "Dirt" Its not horrible, but something is off with this one Or something is off with my nose.

olfactorium

Who will be remembered? The bard or the snoozer! Most people are asleep these days and being herded along like cattle, following the Big Nothing to that proverbial cliff. The bottom is littered with a bunch of punctuation marks, emoticons, and abbreviations that signify an inability to express oneself with any form of eloquence. It is a drab and unhappy place where VUPs (Very Unhappy People) throw stones at each other. Just for the record, my only criticism of CDS is that Cartier does not rein in on the distribution of its fragrances the way it does its jewelry and watches. But, I guess they aren’t Chanel, are they?

olfactorium

Let’s take a journey to the past. The numbers on our iPhone docked in our digital docking station twitch and switch into reverse and then become a blur as they disappear altogether. Poof! And in its place is a travel clock with a cream colored art deco dial in a handsome crocodile covered folding case. The hands slow and we find ourselves in a first class cabin of the RMS Majestic or “Magic Stick”, as folks back then referred to it. The man asleep in the luxuriously appointed room resembles Salvador Dali with his shock of dark hair, longish nose and waxed mustache, but he is more of a seasoned traveler than an artist.

The year is 1924 and the man is my great-grandfather coming back from Europe for the last time. Next to the clock is a distinguished looking cedar travel case with a little pad lock. Inside the case are his personal treasures: a gold ring with a large square-cut red ruby, several pairs of cuff links, some with his initials, and others with unique looking semi-precious stones. There are also personal articles people no longer use: a button hook, collar buttons made of mother-of-pearl, a diamond stick pin, a pocket watch accompanied by a glittering chain with a decorative cigar cutter. There are many lovely, gentile objects in the red velvet lined box, but the finest one of all is an 18k gold money clip with a large black-opal cabochon surrounded by engraved scroll-work which has worn off a bit. The opal shines with a dark orange-red fire. In the money clip are some European bank notes: pounds, francs, lire, etc. They are neatly folded into a bunch and are all that remains of his last expedition: hotel stays, lunches, dinners, casino gambling and perhaps a paramour or two. My great-grandfather will keep these. Maybe they will spark memories of his many travels to Europe or perhaps he will just forget about them.

Great-grandfather’s trips overseas were a bit mysterious to me and not discussed much, nor was the travel case opened after he died by anyone but my grandmother until she gave me, a six year old boy, the key after having had endured enough of my questioning about her father. She must have made note of my awe and enchantment upon opening it, and the respect with which I handled each item, because much later in my life she gave me the whole cache. She also must have sensed, like her, I would never consider parting with this heirloom. Now it is my journey to the past and link to a man I never knew but whose taste I greatly admire.

Cartier Declaration d’un Soir and its gemstone shaped bottle are somewhat like that little treasure chest. There have been many times in my life when I unlocked my forebear’s caddy just to hold the money clip in my hands and sniff the antique bank notes all flush with wood, spice, rose water, the smell of old money and a bit of something unnameable, a veritable “tea” which I recognize as having been created by the passing of time. CDS is a vintage fragrance in the best possible way, and you must have a fine nose to appreciate it. If you only ever smelled supermarket sandalwood and synthetic rose, you might not recognize that this is the real thing: unobtrusive, soft and slightly exotic. It is the smell of a gentleman. Yes, it does open with sharp tones of white pepper and cardamom, but they quickly recede into that rosy sandalwood of lost eras, perhaps Victorian India, Edwardian England, or, for me, a Jazz Age transatlantic voyage.

I can think of much more expensive fragrances that don’t even approach this.

Hmhs1987
Hmhs1987

GREAT SMELL FROM CARTIRE ROOM AS USSAL THEY DID

I TRIED THIS ONE I CAN ONLY SAY ONE WORD " EXCELLANCE "

drakecito
drakecito

I'm totally agree with @aphexacid
Very boring, generic, weak, forgetable and cheap (you can buy a 100ml bottle for around 30$) fragance from Cartier.
There is not luxury roses or luxury spices here. It's a very light woody-spicy-rose.

Medium-low longevity and low sillage.

scent: 3/10
longevity: 4/10
sillage: 3/10

UPDATE:
Sinthetyc too...

aphexacid
aphexacid

Overall a very forgetable perfume. The opening is all sandalwood and cardamom. Its such a weird combo it almost smells cirtusy. The rose finally pokes its head out after about 15-20 minutes and then it stays this way for the duration.

The rose is very laid back, which i guess for a designer and being that its targetted at men, its the best you're going to get.

Its very fresh, uplifting. It would probably be great in the summer.

Its so uninteresting and forgettable, such a shame. The cumin is way in the back, basically undetectable.

The longevity is above average, but projection sucks. It barely gets away from your skin. At least on me thats the case.

Do NOT buy this at retail. I bought it blind, and gave it away.

RUDOLFO512
RUDOLFO512

To me this is one of the best Declarations of all. I love the rose on this one because it is soft and not overpowering. Two or three sprays will do the trick. The sandalwood and black pepper give it the "masculine" touch. This is another classic by Cartier. Very well done.

craftyminx
craftyminx

Not sure I'd be into it on a man, but I love it on myself. On one of my male friends, it goes a lot rosier than it does on me. I get a lot of sandalwood and fresh spices on my skin.

saj59
saj59

واقعا این عطر منو ذوق زده کرد
اولش بوی لیموی تلخ و احساس میکنی یه بویی شبیه لیموی خیلی رسیده که معمولا واسه ابگیری استفاده میشه یکم بوی چوب هم همراش هست اما بعد از چند دقیقه بوی گل رز خودشو نشون میده که اصلا حس عطر مشهدی نداره
اصلا هم حس زنونه بهش نمیده خیلی خوشبوهه بوی چوب هم تو این مرحله قویتر میشه و اون بوی ترش لیمو کمتر میشه اما تلخی لیمو رو تا اخر حس میشه کرد بوش تا اخر همینجوری هستش
در کل عطر بسیار بسیار خوشبوییه به کسایی که از تغ هرمس
خوششون میادپیشنهاد میکنم حتما تست کنند
دوامش هم حدود 10-12 ساعت هست پخش بوش هم بسیار خوبه

lbullard
lbullard

I have had this for about a month. Beautiful. I laugh at those who say to feminine. Why? I know some of the most masculine men who spend hours in their gardens and especially the rose ones. Beauty and smell done in the right way has no gender. I know and common since should let men, real men know when they have crossed their personal line. Take a chance dress well and smell great. It is fun guys and being in the minority has always drawn interest.

daynierds
daynierds

I made a blind buy of this and Mont blanc Individuel. Declaration d´un soir does not smells nice in general, you can clarly feel the rose and the woody notes all the way through, I can even feel a minty vibe and I am not sure where it comes from, in general is not a bad fragrance, it is well-blended and you can feel some elegance and quality in it..however..so far it is not what I was expecting...I will see how girls rate it....on the contrary MBI seems to be a class above...it is a very nice smelling fragrance...good luck with this....
update:..not even a single girl or man liked the scent so far..even more...some of them tell me not wo wear it anymore...it is definitely not a smell for everyone..try before you blind buy this....
I cannot really understand why some of you guys call this a materpiece...a masterpiece should consider the impact and effect on the non-trainned nose...I can now bet not even 2 out of 10 people randomly asked on the streets would like this one....it is simply not easy to love believe me...again...if you are not an expert or a collector...DO NOT BLIND BUY THIS or you would possibly regret it as I did...
longevity: 7/10
projection 7/10
smell: 4/10 for normal people...maybe for experts this is a masterpiece but I do not get it!!!!
versatility: 5/10
overall: 5/10.......

usas
usas

Evident rose accord. Fresh, light, airy, feminin.
After an hour or so the fragrance falls apart on my skin and the remainder smells a bit synthetic, dusty with still a hint of the rose.

Top notes are promising, unfortunately the dry down is a thumbs down.

5,5/10

blaiseantoine
blaiseantoine

discrete perfume completely different from the original declaration that i still appreciate more than this ...this is simply peppery spiced rose nothin new and astonishing remember many 80's masculine frags ,sillage and projection aren't too big here ,it should b a perfect scent at office or during working day ,i won't never wear this for a special evening

rayees
rayees

Great perfume. Far better than the other nirmal declaration. Nice projection. Last power is average.

Molko
Molko

Interesting, freakish, fresh, unisex-feminine rosy scent, reminiscent of Givenchy Eaudemoiselle in watered version. It's not modern specifically, but neither old. Worth a try

a very nice perfume
you mainly smell Rose and Cardomom in a good way,

bebozizo83
bebozizo83

yesterday i smelled it
shortly it's amazing

prodigy
prodigy

Wow I love this fragrance. Very airy and fresh smelling and the rose doesn't punch you in the face like other rose fragrances tend to do, The perfect rose fragrance for men. High recommend you try and i guarantee that 9/10 people who try will buy.

thehighend
thehighend

It starts off with fresh spice. Within a few seconds, however, the rose starts taking center stage. The silky rose note grows quickly, and just went you think the fragrance will turn sweet and feminine, the wood makes its presence known. The dry-down is woody and smooth, with a bit of black pepper and traces of rose. A minimalist fragrance with great balance, above average longevity and adequate sillage. Nothing smells like it, and for the price, its a no-brainer.

Minapia
Minapia

This is not only about roses but the entire rosebush. With a pinch of pepper to brighten up the whole thing.

Declaration d'un soir is perfect for a romantic date with a happy ending...

pipernigrum
pipernigrum

I don't like generic fragrances. Well, Declaration d'Un Soir is not one of them. Truly unique fragrance. The initial phase is strongly reminds me of Voleur de Roses by L'Artisan, but this only takes a few minutes. Later on, this similarity is greatly reduced, but it remains quietly in the background. Dry, woody, softly hot and little bit scented soapy. Very elegant and refined luxury fragrance. This only for demanding, sophisticated men. I love it.

Hoxx
Hoxx

Not simply a flanker of the original(I'd even say it has very few similarities with Ellena's masterpiece), Déclaration d'un Soir is a marvel of a perfume. This is a niche offering in a designer bottle.

Opening with spices, mostly pepper, this scent quickly evolves into a rose-centered miracle. A rather delicate and subtle rose, with maybe a pinch of pepper - I think of it as of an artifact of the opening. After a long period of rose dominance sandalwood embraces the flower, giving us a suitable and pretty drydown.

Now, unlike most of masculine roses, this rose note (and the whole perfume, actually) has nothing strong, wild and disturbing to go with it. It's not mixed with oud, with too much spices. It is just rose, almost like soliflore. And there lies the master craft of the perfumeur - it's still masculine! Now, don't get me wrong, this could have been marketed as a surefire unisex creation. However, it doesn't change the fact that it totally fits the 'for men' label.

As I love rose, I was eager to encounter Déclaration d'un Soir. I found a perfume with great longevity, regular projection and trace. I found a perfume with, to me, unmatched rose note(I'm still waiting for an opportunity to try Amouage Lyric, though, and a lot of others as well). This is a scent with a lot of class and elegance, suitable for evening and romantic wear. A fantastic fragrance.

9.5/10

spartan
spartan

Lot's of Positive reviews for this juice, however Not from me.
For me it was A scrubber after 25 minutes. I have never used the term (scrubber) until now because I never cared for it, but scrubbing is what I had to do.
This juice made my allergies go hay wire! Again not for me, I really dislike the smell of this fragrance.
Test before buying, that is my strong recommendation!

streetter
streetter

This is fragrance is simply amazing. Soft rose slithers around the black pepper for a richly intoxicating dry down.

My first experience of Cartier and it began well.
This starts out with lots of spice, cardamom being prominent and it makes for a really fresh opening.
Then the rose starts to shine through and quite honestly...it's dominant.
My thought process was initially (as in first 30 seconds after applying) wow this is mature, classy and interesting scent and despite the rose it's masculine.
After than I'm afraid it really started to grate on me, the spice retreats into the background and the rose becomes air freshener-like and distinctly less masculine. I'm wearing it today in the office and I'm a little embarrassed of people catching a whiff of me.
Don't get me wrong, I like the smell of rose but in order to work on a man it needs to be in a dark composition with wood and earthy tones, spice and incense.
In conclusion, it's a brave scent being so sparse a composition but I would never wear it and although it doesn't quite go into Granny territory it's not far away.
I look forward to trying the other declarations.

Update: This fragrance has real endurance...I was fairly conservative with my application and 16 hours later I could still get wafts of rose and not just from my clothes it actually remained on my skin which is very good for me. Still don't like it all that much hahah...it's not bad just not for me.

thebignosewhoknows
thebignosewhoknows

Rose in a male perfume, such a brave move for Cartier. I love it and I love that women love it on me, too. Very classy and elegant.

jivanshi
jivanshi

Wow! So there still are a few guys out there that create actual proper perfumes! Even now, in our ozonish and pure waterish scented troubled times! This is a masterpiece! It's spicy, woodsy, clean sparkling and sharp as a katana in a rosebush! Or freshly cut rosewood maybe? I cannot really tell, but there is rose in there, and very boldly so, but so wonderfully blended with wood and spice that it is anything but feminine. This one lasts for 6 hours with ease, maybe more (haven't properly tested yet) and projects all the way exuding masculinity and class. There is no olfactory fatigue with this one, nor do I need to moisturise my skin to make it last! This one clings to me like a clawy cat, and I can smell it all the way, as strong as ever! And, man, it smells so good!

aqua_de_la_vita

This frag is definitely a unique men's frag with a rose scent, something I really unexpectedly liked and it's not as strong as the original Declaration was. I went to a fragrance store and sampled it, at first I wasn't sure but after a few minutes I could pick up the subtle warm spicy notes from sandalwood, cardamom and caraway. It gives the frag a gorgeous aroma of rose petals mixed with a woodsy scent and it isn't over kill on rose petals. With the added note of pepper, it gives it a touch of spice which we all need in our life's.
Longevity is phenomenal...on skin it lasts well past 12hrs.
Sillage is excellent..within 2ft.
Overall opinion
Many years ago I purchased the first Declaration. I enjoyed the frag and I used more then 3/4 of the bottle. I later found it a touch too spicy for my liking and my taste in frag's has changed over the years as well !!. Declaration d'Un Soir is totally diiferent..a much less heavier aroma but still noticeable. The quality is of the same standards for both.
I have sample other frag's with the main note being rose. I have to say that this one "bar none" is the best and it won't cut your throat when you breath in this amazing aroma.
HANDS DOWN and as Tina Turner put it... "SIMPLY THE BEST".
You couldn't ask for a better frag for the summer/fall time. Very original from Cartier...BRAVO 10/10
This frag is now part of summer signature fragrances.
Cartier...I really love this frag !!!!
DON"T ALTER THIS FRAG IF YOU READ THIS COMMENT..IT'S PERFECT

scenturian
scenturian

If you are into roses definitely a must.

flames2
flames2

wow im loving this fragrance the blend is fantastic and although the rose is the dominant note the sandalwood and pepper balances the fragrance to become masculine i get great projection and longevity, a really nice fragrance

andgac16
andgac16

Totally agree with CoffeeCologne, smells like rose scented soap. It's not a bad smell per se but it's too feminine for me and I don't want to smell like this. I would recommend it to women though, pretty nice and fresh rose scent.

meama
meama

193) To declare with a rose
It is a spicy and woody rose (pepper and a nice note of cardamom heading). The sandalwood mentioned in the pyramid is rather a rose patchoulised in the background with vaguely woody notes. It does not avoid conventional aerators like Iso E super and Hedione.
A priori, therefore, a bold output for mainstream perfume: the rose for men, you have to believe.
The theme is, however, not unknown for niche, Paestum Rose (Eau d'Italie) to Portrait of a Lady (Editions de Parfum Frederic Malle). Long ago that the male flower is no longer taboo and it has seduced. It also plays on the trend which first attracted the niche: the neo-oriental combining rose and wood (without saying his name, he is riding the wave of synthetic oud invaded the olfactory space).
Declaration d'un Soir seems to take advantage of the best of a confidential perfumery and make it accessible to the greatest number, showing us how the qualitative border is sometimes thin between mass and exclusive production: it could very well be launched in a less accessible brand.

jude1321

this is wonderful juice. I just picked it up today. Amazing bottle and sprayer. the actual juice itself smells very similar to Boss #1, but more modern, less harsh, and longer lasting. this is an amazing sexy rose-based scent that women love. you can find this 3.4 oz for around $50. it lasts but is not overpaying by any means. spice woody at first and then on to the rose. I bought this, Armani acqua di bio essence and YSL Nuit all at the same time, and Declaration d'Un Soir Cartier was easily the best of the 3. I have had over 200 bottles of colognes in my time, and this stuff is in top 15. highly recommended juice.

houstcs
houstcs

Masterpiece in a bottle! Go sample it a few times, my wife says it smells like hamster piss. She is definitely wrong, but it shows the impact individual experience has on a scent.

istanblue
istanblue

Very classy.Perfect combination of sandalwood,black pepper and rose.

esat
esat

4 ay önce almıştım ara sıra kullanıyordum. son zamanlarda daha sık kullanıyorum. yaz için güzel bir koku çevremden hiç olumsuz tepki almadın. farkeden herkes çok beğeniyor. kaliteli bir koku.

jotalopez
jotalopez

There's no doubt this one is a masterpiece. Chicness and class captured in a bottle. Cartier's nose Mathilde Laurent really knows how to seduce men by means of roses. This is a one-of-a-kind men's fragrance, even better than the original Déclaration. It reminds me of Léonard pour homme, which has been unfortunately discontinued, as both of them have this unmistakable ,magical aura of woody oriental spirited fragrances. Hands down this babe has become my new signature scent.

adam.faulkner
adam.faulkner

This looks set to be a masterpiece up there with Aventus. It smells really floral from the beginning but then you get that masculine feel to it with the Sandalwood kicking in.

Treat this with Respect, this is a night time/date fragrance and should be worn with formal/smart casual wear.

Superb longevity as I could still smell it on me 10 hours later

mse-21
mse-21

A wonderful scent built around Rose and supported nicely by Pepper, Cardamom, and Woods. It's very nice and pleasant; and has a kind of 'magnetic' feeling to it.

Novel and unique idea and done well. This is the first time I liked application of Rose in a mainstream creation. It actually has a 'Niche' high quality kind of feeling attached to it. It's also very wearable as well!

Good longevity and projection. Overall: 8 out of 10.

gzalvares
gzalvares

Beautiful fragrance, unisex, delicate, slightly powdery and spicy, soft. At the beginning reminds Perles de Lalique. The drydown is a mix of Terré d'Hermes and Perles de Lalique.

IsaIsabella
IsaIsabella

At first it opens up a little pungent, an overdose of spices. Something smelt almost balmy and bitter and I dont exactly know the note - perhaps nutmeg? I wanted to dislike it but let it settle and 5 minutes later a very pleasant sandalwood scent appears. If there's a rose it's a transparent rose, a veil over the sandalwood. I also smelt something like patchouli and dried tobacco faintly. A pretty good scent, perhaps for formal events. Edit: the rose is evident around an hour later, and this smells like a rose bud or rosewater rather than a rose in full bloom.

P.S I'm a female. Not particularly feminine but hey that's a social construct!

Sillage on me is quite soft but stronger than the original Cartier Declaration.. Will update on longevity. Edit: lasted over 7 hours on my skin.

noddoc
noddoc

a very beautiful, amazing fragrance, lasts forever.

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

At first I didn't detect the rose notes; I was mainly getting a lovely, soft, spicy, peppery scent. (I do not detect any pine or conifer at all.) But a few hours into it, yes!, I get the rose note now. Since I'm not a floral wearer I've forgotten just how nice roses smell!

What strikes me most about this is how thoroughly modern and light it is. It may be Laurent's work, but I can detect the original touch of Jean-Claude Hellena, "The Master of Transparency"; it smells very much like his work with Hermes. I know that Declaration has Iso E Super in it - does this? It's a favorite component of Ellena's. It would account for the velvety feel.

This - and Declaration - may be the two best Cartier fragrances right now, since they reformulated and ruined Santos, which was a favorite. This is lovely stuff - when I sprayed it on this morning I smiled and, now dressed, I ruffle my shirt top to release more of the scent. Very pleasant. A success. This, along with Guerlain Heritage, is another floral I could see myself - or smell myself - wearing.

But... what makes it "soir?" It smells perfectly jour to me.

kronik
kronik

ummm was looking forward to try it and finally coughed up the money and ... quite disappointed O.o
well it isnt quite what i imagined O.o i dont seem to pick up the so called rosy notes, more like powdery and manly but not too manly, though can't really smell anything special
i still prefer the classic declaration
i am not saying it is bad, but not worth the money especially that i can get the original 200 ml declaration for less than this...

Caist
Caist

Stellar, Dark in texture, Clean-cut. I Encourage Trying/Buying

I love that this fragrance has a beautiful gloom to it, but the subtil rose in it makes it very sexy with the black pepper/sandalwood to keep it very masculine on the borderline of unisex. Excellent longevity and a "pull me in" sollage. This is a perfect fragrance if you're looking to step out of the overly-masculine zone.

Smyle12
Smyle12

Smells like a genuine conifer. Almost like sprayable pine sap. If you desire to smell like an authentic Douglas fir, this scent is for you. I may need to wear this one again, but to me, this is a great replication of a pine tree. The closest I've ever come to in a fragrance. Don't go remotely near this woodsy beast in warm weather, guys. Yikes. You might get felled by an axe, or worse yet, a chainsaw. I can't fathom how the listed notes so accurately recreate, fresh, sticky, pine, sap, but somehow they do (without the mentioned use of anything coniferous). Wild, to say the least. This is very high quality juice, (as always from Cartier) and something I really would like to wear from time to time in the winter, but while I like it, and love pine trees, it's really not quite my style. Would go great in a wood cabin, with a roaring fire, and a wool sweater, while sipping hot cider with a lover and listening to a the bitter, winter wind play hauntingly beautiful music in the eaves.

7.5/10

kazewayz
kazewayz

Powder and Roses lots of roses, rose garden with some other flowers. I loved this in the beginning, now I just simply like it. Maybe my nose is changing. Initial spray is roses and something balmy in there. Good for a romantic date, deffinetely not something you want to wear at the club. Any time of the year fragrance. Beautiful bottle. Try it. Can be even worn by a lady.

allineedis
allineedis

Not for me. However I do love the original Declaration, this is so synthetic to my nose. It is overbearingly sweet, screaming roses in a bad way, spices are not as prominent as in the original. To each their own.

EDIT:
Several weeks later and I feel I have to rectify my initial view. This fragrance is growing on me. Still have a dislike with the opening, but after 30 minutes it becomes a great scent, with a superb dry-down. So it goes to show not to discard a scent on the first snif.

4xxx4
4xxx4

this one smells great! it s a rose based scent with some pepper...great work, but i don t think it was created for summer, and because it s really hot in place where i live, maybe i ll pick something more fresh, like dior higher. otherwise, this one ( d un soir) is masterpiece.

Jack_Hunter
Jack_Hunter

A soft peppery pink rose with cardamom that is quite enchanting. The rose is slightly sweet in a confection like way and the scent starts to become more woody as time goes by.

A very nice fragrance best suited for night's out or a romantic date with someone special.

stephanie.hamrick
stephanie.hamrick

This was my first foray into wearing men's scents. Smells beautiful--almost pure sandalwood from beginning to end--but it's gone by lunchtime, even over an unscented lotion. I'd have thought something that much more potent would last longer than my normal scents, not less.

deeply11
deeply11

Very beautiful and sweet rose scent.

asher.jessie
asher.jessie

This is so fresh and lovely. It's exactly as the description says; a thorny rose. Not dainty, thanks to the pepper and wood...but not abrasive, because this combination is genius.

I consider this the masculine side to Balenciaga's Florabotanica. Beautiful, fresh, clean rose bolstered by several complementary, spicy, uplifting scents.

This is utterly gorgeous. I got a sample from my friend at Sephora, but I'll definitely be buying that enormous, hulking bottle once I have the money. It's worth every penny, because this scent is making me turn myself on.

b360
b360

im totally in love w this cologne......scent of roses thruout.....cant explain it really......a truely sophisticated aroma for me.....long lasting also...im a bartender and it hung on w me thru my whole shift and afterhour adventures and was still smellin nice on my tie the next day..kind of like an older dudes cologne but then again ive been getting compliments all week from women....couple of gals asked me if i was wearing ck one???......i dont compare it at all to that but i got that twice....not at all like declaration tho....definately closer to roadster.....with roses....8/10

curlykitty8
curlykitty8

On first spray it was exquisite but as it dries down it takes on a sickly smell that I am only guessing is the nutmeg.

Sorry.

frangellan
frangellan

I wore this today...to a funeral. It's hard for me to find occasions to use this but it came in quite handy since it meshed with the smell of the flowers. You have to be really OK with smelling like roses to wear this. I don't think it's a bad thing necessarily, but it's just straight up roses. The base of this is clean, slightly soapy, but wow you project fresh rose petals for hours with this stuff. classy.

sufix
sufix

Perfect..

manly,attractive, and women like it

good job cartier

Duver
Duver

I'm wearing it now:

Too soapy for my taste and a bit sour. Sour rose. It's also very linear and may be boring after a while. It might also be too feminine for some guys.

If you are planning to buy this because you want Declaration with a slight twist, I'd suggest you try/sample beforehand. It's very different from the orginal..

I'd say "Declaration" is kind of a misnomer for this. I think it would be more of a Roadster flanker. Rosie Roadster.

Mighty lion
Mighty lion

I Truly appreciate Cartier fragrances first and foremost.. Dun soir let's see hmmmm it opens up with the strong rose and initially for me smelled a bit too feminine for my taste.. Give it say half an hour once it transitions the middle notes start to put a tad of testosterone in it.. I literally couldn't stop smelling my wrist I felt like a fine scent addict.. This fragrance is SEXY!! Sophisticated enough to wear with a suit and sensuous enough to wear on a night on the town.. I adore this fragrance!!.. The scent also reminds of the smell of new clothes for some reason, smell and you will get what I mean by that..Excellent projection monsterous longevity just a well made fragrance period!! Highly highly recommended for that materialistic man who enjoys the finer things..

CGV
CGV

What a delight, what a perfection! Mathilde Laurent has created a masterpiece! So special, the rose lingers for eternity in this one! Pure class paired with perfect longevity and gentlemen like projection, never to overpowering but always noticeable. A true personality which rockets out of todays mainstream into a world of sophistication, style and honesty! It takes a special person to wear this, who is able to stand up to the statement his scent is communicating! Brilliant!

Jonah
Jonah

A fine fragrance that get's me plenty of attention!

jozemo
jozemo

had to drop a coin for this one! really love the smell and the skin drydown,if only they knew how to intensify the juice to make it a real powerhouse,a soft subtle frag,with skin scent appeal.guys get a tester and try it on!!

arabianscent
arabianscent

Looking for a sample of this, sounds real promising :)

too young
too young

The frag is astonishing! have never thought the rose could be so manly, real masterpiece among modern slag! it seems to me only Cartier may be trustworthy nowdays, Cartier don't give up, mass-market is a shit(((

SimplyOliver
SimplyOliver

Now, this is the state of the art... To me, Déclaration d'un Soir is the only fragrance that depicts a real man.

A man with a very masculine, strong side, represented by the cardamom, pepper, woody notes; and a more "frail" and touching side that all men have, no matter how strong they are, that we can feel through the -very manly- rose note.

Déclaration d'un soir is simply captivating by its unique sensuality that i've never found with any other fragrance. It is also one of the only man scent that really expresses something in a noble way. Depending on the person, this perfume can be either joyful or sad. For me, each drop of this elixir is a tear. This scent is so well constructed and balanced, that it literally floods me with emotions. A revelation.

How about longevity? Well it is excellent for a fresh fragrance. It lasts at least 8-9 hours with only 2 sprays in the neck, and up to 10-12 hours with more. Given that my skin doesn't hold fragrances very well, it really isn't bad at all.
Sillage is quite heavy, although the scent is fresh.
The charm operates from the whole beginning to the very end of the drydown. Even after 12 hours, the scent is still clean and sexy. It's quite fantastic ! Also, great evolutions as time goes by. You'll get a blast of roses and spices in the opening, and then it will turn into a light, warm and sensual scent that is really hard for me to describe with words... I'd call that masculine tenderness in a bottle.

I'm wearing Déclaration d'un Soir on some special evenings. Best for cuddling. I don't go partying with it, nor use it everyday, it would simply destroy the magic... Best during cold winter day/nights, with someone special.
Don't forget that perfumes bring back memories, and this one truly deserves to revive the best ones.

Again, more than a simple flanker. I own the original Declaration, and even if I love them both, they're quite different.
They're actually like two enemy brothers : one of them is hyperactive, super strong, and almost rude ; whereas the other one is gentler, calmer, more seductive. Both have a lot of qualities. Déclaration is my signature fragrance, btw.

Déclaration d'un Soir, or the only fragrance that really stands out of the crowd, beside all those vulgar, unachieved, offensive scents we have nowadays. Overall a truly daring and succesful move from Cartier.

A true masterpiece, I'm hooked. - *****

melia
melia

I had a sample, but unfortunately the sprayer broke off and now I can't use it anymore... Because even though I'm a female, I would really like to wear this! It's a nice fresh scent, but with charactre as well. When I sprayed it on it had quite some sillage, but hélas... The staying power is minimum. Within a half hour it all evaporated. Pity!

curcumine
curcumine

Je trouve ce parfum très original par sa fragrance qui rappelle la rose avec des pétales sublimes , mystérieuse,raffinées et qui font rêver .En plus de ça , le sillage du parfum voyage à l'infini , je trouve avec ce parfum une satisfaction jamais ressentie . Une réelle réussite.

naelk
naelk

Very nice fragrance and i think it's better and lighter than the original one.

Rating: 9 / 10

rzetzm
rzetzm

What a great scent. Men, if you're willing to chance smelling a little bit like a female to maybe get some of their respective attention, than this is the scent for you!

Take the great smell of Declaration. It's a spicy, woody, all-around safe-smelling male fragrance. Fast forward to d'un soir (nighttime) and you get the same great scent, with an unexpected touch.

Usually, when a cologne comes out with a 'nighttime' or 'extreme' fragrance I stay away. I find too often it's just more spicy, or more powerful a scent, which is not necessarily a good thing. The original scent usually delivers good enough, and it's rare that I pick up those perfumes.

This is not the case! Declaration has added a very sensual note, a delicate, but in-your-face hit of ROSE. I say it in all caps, because I have never thought of wearing a cologne that's basically got some rosewater kick in it. Inconceivable, right?

Wrong! This scent isn't nighttime because it's got stronger sillage, or it's just a woodier, spicier mix. It's a completely different scent. The rose DOES make it nighttime, but not in the way I'm used to. The addition of rose makes this scent beautiful, complex, and worth buying a full bottle, even if you've a full bottle of the original Declaration.

Amazing scent. Do try.

Mattybono
Mattybono

Incredible follow-up to the original Declaration that should not be dismissed as just a "flanker" frag. Cartier definitely did not rush this one and Mathilde Laurent is as meticulous as ever here!

While it gives a nod to its predecessor if you look for it in the background in the opening, d'Un Soir brings in (masculine) rose which scared me at first but totally works to achieve a more formal, dare I say, even classier, intimate fragrance that projects moderately and lasts for 10-12+ hours on my skin with (3) sprays.

It may take a couple of wearings for you to truly appreciate how amazing this fragrance is and to fully understand the rose but it works and heads WILL be turning!

This is a beautiful bottle that is an instant Classic and a BUY or at the very least a "must-try"! (9.5/10 with the only potential limitation being versatility. While you can definitely wear this year-round and throughout the day....This is mostly going formal/special occasions & evenings for me.)

FragrantAl87
FragrantAl87

Honestly, one of the best smelling colognes I have ever come across.

Opening: Scary. There is that immediate jump of rose, which is only vaguely covered by pepper, making you think perhaps you've accidently picked up a women's fragrance. But waved off of its biting alcohol, the sandalwood gives reassurance that this is something entirely new.

Sillage: Incredible, in the best of ways. I have had people 5 feet away say that I smell amazing. Not overwhelming. Cartier's creations tend to have higher concentrations of oil than most EDTs, which makes the...

Longevity: Impressive. For a cologne with rose, the sandalwood shines, keeping it smooth and subdued. You will be looking at anywhere from 4-6 hours depending on weather and skin type. Longer on clothes of course.

Best For: A night out with someone special, especially if you predict or desire any sort of romance ;) Savor it like a good wine. Good all year, but especially Spring and Fall, and best in the afternooon/night.

Gripes: Pricey, but worth it in the long run.

Overall: Guys don't want to wear rose, right? Its so slight, but to remove it from this cologne would detract so much from what makes it rich and wonderful. I can almost guarantee you a compliment if you're within 3 feet of a girl. Don't fear the rose, its what'll get you noticed in all the right ways.

9.2/10

universalvin
universalvin

Amazing, like most of the Cartier fragrances! The original Déclaration is certainly one of the best scents ever, but like always, Cartier succeeds in bringing a perfect successor! The initial déclaration scent is still present but way in the back, while the smell of roses is taking the lead. perfect balanced and long lasting eau the toilet!

freddiefingers
freddiefingers

I have and love the original Declaration and some of the flankers and I never thought the original could be overthrown from its high pedestal till I tried this and all changed.
This lasts all day and regardless of the layers of clothes you have on,you are guaranteed to be smelled everywhere and every time.the interplay of the rose with the spices and sandalwood makes this a great choice for men who are scared of rose based fragrances as the result is one of harmonious blend.If you were put off by the original,please discard all connotations and give this a try.i guarantee you will love this.mind you,you will still have a lingering trace of the original but it's so 'laid back' you will smile 'the offence' away.best suited for cold days and evening wear.spray in your clothes and your room makes a great declaration to all....Welcome hither

By the way,what's the lady in the advert waiting for...to catch a whiff of this from the man wearing it?Let's not forget what this was created to do in the first place...

jpbill

For me a new projection beast is the new Cartier Declaration d'Un Soir. 2 Sprays and all people in the supermarket look after me. I saw that everybody turned the head and looked at me. In my winterjacket i began to sweat, and the sillage gets stronger and stronger. I was embarrassed. GREAT SMELL, spicy , woody, floral. 8h later my friends said: you smell good, so different, so spicy, very good. :)

Oslo-fjord
Oslo-fjord

This is a winner from Cartier! really really nice fragrance. I was quite dissapointed with the previous flanker "cologne", but with D`un Soir Mathilde Laurent has done a beautiful composition. There is not much left of the original Declaration here, but rather a new beautiful scent with pepper, rose, spice and sandalwood. I think it can be used for most occasions, but the fragrance is quite classy and sophisticated, so a stylish attire is necessary. Longevity seems very good, and sillage is above average. D`un Soir is probably the best Declaration Flanker in pair with Essence (though nothing can beat the original;-)

jpbill

well there is no alcohol blast at first, the smell is immediately there. Its a very nice sweet warm unisex fragrance. I like a lot. 2 days later my shirt smells still wonderful . test it!!!!!

asia.kfiatek
asia.kfiatek

As my plane was delayed a couple of hours, I was killing time wandering around a big duty free at Heathrow, smelling stuff. I have been for a while pining after something peppery and woody, but didn’t really come across anything that would suit me. A very eager but not too bright shop assistant kept following me around and suggesting various perfumes, pretty much all of which were miles off the mark - powdery, sickly sweet or citrusy, the unholy trinity where I’m concerned. I think we both must have looked entirely exasperated with one another because another assistant, lovely, older, French gentleman stepped in and very politely told my useless shadow to beat it. He asked me a few questions and straight off showed me a few bottles that were much closer to my olfactory preferences. And then he showed me this. I loved it from the first sniff. The strong, warm pepper, and a bit of something else, still not sure what it reminds me off, not too sharp, clean, so pretty on my skin! I was very tempted to buy is just on the basis of the top notes, but decided to be restrained and leave it on for a while to get a better idea what the middle and base notes are, wasn’t sure how the rose would come through. After an hour I came back and bought it. You can just about make out the rose but it’s inoffensive and blends beautifully with the sandalwood.
I know it’s technically for men, and I can see how that works, but ladies, if these are your sort of notes, don’t be scared to try it.

LuckyStar1
LuckyStar1

I'm really enjoying the peppery, spicy top notes with the original Declaration wafting around in the background. The dry down is very nice with the rose which is delicate and not too overpowering. The florals mixed with the woods give this fragrance a musky and classy feel. The sandalwood in the base is a nice touch. I have had a few compliments on this on how classy it smells. A good buy 8/10
A female colleague of mine has purchased this for herself when she tested mine. She liked it so much and I agree it is very unisex.

Jasminalia
Jasminalia

Actually, the bottles of Déclaration and Déclaration d'un Soir are not exactly the same.
The second one is sharper.

$$
$$

This is it!If u eva wanted to smell fresh,woody and have nice sillage all at the same time you found it.

mariokra
mariokra

This fragrance has a tendency to be whatever you want it to be..love the switch to sandalwood..reminds me a little of Aramis 900 without the herbal..gets a "way to go" from me.

evilspin
evilspin

I was very surprised to see the notes as I didnt get any rose the first time I smelled this. When I first smelled this I got a luxurious sophisticated version of pine sol without the ozonic & chemical scent of the cleaner. Dont get me wrong Im not trashing this nor want you to disregard this as pine sol, that was what I recalled smelling it first. The drydown is more luxurious. It has a little bit of a wet clean beautiful X-mas forest with pepper & sandalwood. I kept smelling the paper I sprayed this on and although I know what pine needles smell like, this had something else in it I enjoyed & the paper kept yearning to be whiffed again. It also reminded me of Burberry London for Men with out the creme like powder. On the skin it develops into a beautiful scent. It smells different on skin & I am certain it smells even different when someone smells it on you. They could have just made this as another name & fragrance added to Cartiers line of fragrances because it can hold up on its own but they may have used the Declaration name as another edition because they knew It would get people intrigued & fans of the original declaration to seek this one as well. This smells nothing like the original & men don't be put off by the rose. It aint rose bouquet nor the rose scent we recall from Grandma. This has a rose water delicate touch to it that makes it smell luxurious. It isnt as complex, dark or manly as the original but its ok for something new & probably great to wear during Christmas. The good thing is that this is a daytime & nighttime fragrance & the magic must be the rose note in it cause woman complimenting me, possibly i subtle scent that they familiarize with and enjoy. I just hoped people dont smell me and just think of pine or Christmas trees cause then it seems I just sprayed holiday room spray on me and that aint much original. But I have gotten great compliments so far with this by both sexes. A+

starace
starace

This is not just a minor flanker, IMHO, but just a fragrance in its own, lossely based on the original. A "new" sort of Declaration, and a very beautiful, enticing work.

The name is quite fitting, unlike that of many other fragrances. While it's not a fragrance to be used merely on an evening (no fragrance really is), it does evoke that vibe.

Many will probably love it at first sniff-it took a few more from me, but I am currently loving it, even wearing it as I type these words. The rose in it is beautiful, not nastily done as may be the case on many other instances, and well-blended with the gorgeous sandalwood and spices. A slight hint of the original is in there, but this is not just another Declaration rehash. Try it, and see if its evocative, "evening beauty" fits your style.

Great longevity, and moderate sillage-not a close to skin scent, but not bound to be intrusive-anybody would like to smell this on you anyway, and so will you.

spcmiller
spcmiller

Interested in trying this one as well. I've loved all the Declaration flankers, minus Essence, so I have high hopes for this one as well.

Armando Espinosa
Armando Espinosa

tdw...: maybe the problem is that (as 50% of population according some studies) you´re "blind" to sandalwood notes. Aroma is there but you can´t percive it.

darlosu
darlosu

Really nice, hope to enjoy it!