Designers » C » Woody Floral Musk « Groups

Declaration d'Un Soir Intense Cartier for men

Declaration d'Un Soir Intense Cartier for men
dislike

Cartier launches Declaration d'Un Soir Intense, a new fragrance for men which comes out in fall 2014. This fragrance was preceded by the original Declaration from1998 and its limited edition Declaration d'Un Soir from 2012. The fragrance is designed for sophisticated kings of style who attract female passions.

The composition is enhanced by a touch of pepper for strength, red pepper for sophistication and sandalwood and musk for comfort. Top notes include black and red pepper. The heart captures rose and nutmeg, laid on the base of sandalwood and musk.

The fragrance is available as 100 ml Eau de Toilette.

Black Pepper Pink Pepper

Rose Nutmeg

Sandalwood Musk

Declaration d'Un Soir
Ambre Pimente

Declaration d'Un Soir Intense Fragrance Reviews

dmetzger
dmetzger

The rose is not as prominent for me but the pink peppercorns are and OH MY, what a revelation. I wanted to wax poetic about this but I can't compete with where the scent transports me to. I find it equally at home during the day as at night and while it does come off a bit formal, the pink peppercorn and woods give me a tiki-bar vibe that is not at all retro or old fashioned.

Average longevity and projection for my skin and usually gets a compliment if within the first few hours after spraying. Reminds me a lot of YSL nuit l'homme but with way less cardamom and very peppercorn heavy. I would almost classify this as a fougere with hints of gourmand.

Scent 9/10
Projection 6/10
Longevity 7/10
Sillage 6/10

nathanlm
nathanlm

I blind bought this after reading all the positive reviews but I'm not liking this. it may be a great scent to others but there's something in it that reminds me of something weird, could be the huge curry leaf tree in our back yard or green mango pickle that we used to buy as kids, I can't quite pick it out. I'm Indian and from Durban South Africa so a lot of people would know this smell and I don't think I want to smell like that. not for me then but it does last long and projects well, which are the things I want from a fragrance.
it's also kinda light or airy, it's not deep enough like something floating in the air and never touching ground

Vegas Pauli
Vegas Pauli

Starts off sweet and strong almost in a hairspray kind of way. Not unpleasant, just unusual and slightly chemical. Wait for a few minutes then you get an idea what this fragrance is about. Its woody and peppery and in spite of the opening, it's quite natural smelling. I get cedar as opposed to sandalwood, but its quite woody and beautiful. The peppers gives this a nice bite. The rose is barely there but it gives this an unusual edge for a mans cologne. Although is spicy, its pretty transparent and fresh. Longevity and projections is on the weak side unfortunately, but this would be ideal to layer with a stronger scent. At the end of the day this is classic Cartier, thumbs up.

lovetribe

It is sweeter and less rose from the original. but it has performance over the 20 hours.
fantastic scent.8,5 /10.

tuky
tuky

"This desert rose
Each of her veils, a secret promise
This desert flower
No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this

I dream of rain
I lift my gaze to empty skies above
I close my eyes
This rare perfume is the sweet intoxication of her love

Sweet desert rose
Each of her veils, a secret promise
This desert flower
No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this"
STING & CHEB MAMI - DESERT ROSE

Intoxicating dusty rose.
This is how Cartier d'un Soir Intense smells through my nose.

Wa ana nahos ana wahala ghzaltii

the_badger
the_badger

Wow this is what the original Declaration de un Soir should have smelled like. They got rid of the chemical note at beginning and filled it with more rose, a very rosy rose. If you are a fan of rose like dont miss this one!

LE NEZ - zouhair
LE NEZ  - zouhair

Ce parfum peut bien figurer dans le top 5
pourquoi pas!!!!
il est trop trop trop bon
vraiment rien a dire sur la projection et la dureté de ce dernier, des notes de roses, santal, musk et épices sont bien présente, et il plait beaucoup aux gens, je ne peux pas le mettre sans avoir des compliments, sérieux... c'est un parfum a avoir parmi sa collection et sans hésiter en acheter 2 ou 3 en même temps
il en vaut vraiment la peine

mutatismutandis
mutatismutandis

A rather nice fragrance this one. It lasts for a good while. It fades after ten hours or thereabouts. It has a gentle projection, fairly moderate and discreet. It's a lovely rose smell with the black pepper giving it a little extra edge at the outset. The black pepper fades first and the pink pepper becomes more evident as it does so. The nutmeg is there at the start but fades after a couple of hours. What you end up with after a few hours is a rose smell above the musk and sandalwood base. I would describe the perfume as a nice rose scent overall. It is always a nice smooth smell and quite elegant. I've not tried the Soir so I can't make the comparisons but I would be very happy to find a bottle of this 'Intense' appear in my collection. One for a refined gentleman.

Edit: judging from its recent removal from the Cartier website, it looks like it's just another limited edition. Shame. But at least the Declaration D'Un Soir is still there and in the shops.

I didn't try the original, and I applied this one about half an hour ago. It seems linear, other than perhaps the first minute or two. It's dusty/dry, a little sweet, and doesn't have much dimensionality to it. but the smell is pleasant. I get the rose, muted spice, and wood notes - it strikes me as quite formal. I think I might grow to really like it, but so far it seems like it would be best used for layering purposes. Fortunately, nothing comes across as overtly "synthetic," and it's not animalic.

RUDOLFO512
RUDOLFO512

I find Declaration D'Un Soir Intense to be a very nice and refined fragrance. To my nose it smells the same as the original D'Un Soir, only this one is a bit stronger. I smell the rose throughout the day plus a bit of pepper and sandalwood in the dry down. I also smell some patchouli in here somewhere. It lasts a very long time on me 6-7 hours. I rarely wear it to work BUT today I was in a rose fragrance mood and I wore it. I already got 3 compliments and have been asked what I was wearing.

amirali0072000
amirali0072000

I really like it
سمپل ارجینال این کار موجوده..طالبین پیام خصوصی بدهد

Romain shk
Romain shk

This is horrible, bug spray plus WC cleaner, Harsh chemical, no doubt about the performance , if you can bare the top notes for 3 heavy hours then probably you will enjoy the middle and base notes ..but for me no.

iman_hamishe_payiz
iman_hamishe_payiz

Saturation d'Une Gris

The play-dough_like smell which had a weak presence in the original is full-blown in here.

the intense is the muffled GREY rose.

It has a vicious presence. unfortunately: projection and longevity are much better than the original which is a masterpiece in my humble opinion

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

It had to happen eventually: I finally found a Declaration flanker I didn't like!

The original d'Un Soir is subtle and charming. This one is crass. That opening is pretty unbearable; I agree with the others - it ventures too far into gagging Tom Ford Black Orchid territory.

And yes, there is a bit of a candy accord at play early on. It reminded me a bit of a fragrance I can't stand - Joop!

The original is much better.

Vlud
Vlud

Warming, seductive and alluring...very good sillage and longevity, perfect for magic summer nights. A masterpiece.

matty64
matty64

Can you say "Peppa?" ACHOO!

jotalopez
jotalopez

The bottle is gorgeous but the juice is not as well done as the original Declaration d'un Soir. The rose note has been toned down and instead a strong sandal- cinnamon candy-lke accord has been incorporated into the composition. Not bad at all, however I prefer the delicious rose and cardamom notes of the original, which is also a fresher and a more compliment getter scent.

badri
badri

the original d'Un Soir is better by far !!
the opening here gives me a headache

luistdc
luistdc

For me it is actually more classy and discreet than the regular Declaration. I used it now and then on special and formal occasions. It has a lovely sillage.

DerangedGoose
DerangedGoose

This is hands down the strongest EDT I have ever tried. Easily 10 hours plus, and I am not someone who gets a lot of mileage out of fragrances. This stuff is seriously tenacious.

I loved the original, but it was dangerously close to feminine territory (rose is a tough note to butch up). This flanker tones down the rose a bit (it is still very prominent) and plays up the herbs and wood for an overall more bitter feel.

I would say it is more masculine, and thus better and more suitable, than standard Soir.

Jaradona
Jaradona

I tried this along with Declaration d'un soir in a perfume shop several times and here it goes:

Declaration d'un soir smells, lasts and projects amazing, suitable for all ages, easily worn by men and women, and sure it is a masterpiece.

And as for this one (intense): It has a fainter rose than its older brother and good sandalwood at dry down and both have awesome longevity & projection. but this one has a strong noticeable (custard) note from the opening till dry down.. has anybody else sense this?
Anyway delicious but I prefer the Declaration d'un soir much more.

CDGfan
CDGfan

I much prefer this one over the original. The original has a very plastic rose note which smells like Raid bugspray.

In the intense, the plasticky rose is replaced with a more toned down rose and the sandalwood note is amped up big time and smells more more masculine and deep. It reminds me of an unlit Rose Sandalwood masala incense sticks.

jays786

I have the original dun soir which is just a beautiful fragrance especially mid and dry down... the intense is actually very nice as well but i think prefer the original its better the intense is a bit feminine for some reason 40/60% but the dry down is very nice love that sandal wood note.

mfeezy
mfeezy

Got a sample of this during the Christmas shopping season and I really like it. To me it is what a flanker should be - reminiscent of the original but different enough to warrant purchasing.

I don't see it listed but I get a smoky/incense vibe from this. The rose is still there but it doesn't dominate the smoke.

Best of all, it is good enough to wear in alost all seasons. The only exception is summer days - in which I would go with Declaration d'Un Soir and then refresh with this at night if it's not too hot at night...

cubs1987
cubs1987

total scrubber for me. I liked the original but this was too much- I had a headache the rest of the day and this was all I could smell.

Aleccsei
Aleccsei

WHERE'S THE ROSE?
_______________________________________________________

I don't know how and I don't know why, but when i sprayed it on me, i smelled only patchouli and cedar. But after a few seconds cedar transforms into dark chocolate. I don't know where there is any rose or pepper.

'sifone' is right, it reminds me a lot of Tom Ford's Black Orchid.

Overall:
Opinion: It's a not that bad fragrance - 7/10.
Longetivity: not bad - 6/10
Sillage: medium - 5/10

All in all: 5 out of 10 points.

jays786

Love the original can't wait to sample this.

Right! Well I was excited to try this flanker as the original was excellent despite not being my thing so maybe an intense version won't be either?
The top notes are a little deceiving, quite smokey but not in a heavy way at all, high end spicy sandalwood, some bite, pink pepper and loads of Rose.
To me at least the rose feels a bit different to the original, it's still light but no where near as bright. This rose is slightly powdered and even comes across as violet/iris like at times.
Great trail off this and very long lasting, so all in all this truly is an amped up version of the original and worthy of the 'Intense' moniker.

Despite this overall positive review, I'm not that taken by it, Cartier have played it quite safe with this flanker probably figuring that they want to remain in keeping with the original.
Worth checking out...you could do a lot worse.

sifone
sifone

No,No it smells similiar to a watered down version of tomford's black orchid. It smells more like it's marketed to the metrosexual crowd. Doesn't compare to the immortal D'un Soir.

LuckyStar1
LuckyStar1

Tried this today and all I can say is wow. The longevity is superb along with the silage. The normal Soir version sometimes can smell a little sour on my skin but the intense version is smooth and the rose and pepper is perfect here. Very long lasting fragrance indeed.

jozemo
jozemo

In my previous review of the non intense version, I mention of a more intense juice,looks like they realize the potential in making a stronger version, good for us! Cartier once again doing their thing!

daynierds
daynierds

I ended up selling mine...no a single living being around me seemed to care for it...not even the one that bought it from me...I cannot even imagine how much I could detest this intense version...if that is rose..then I will start buying jasmines for the ladies..it would smell better...it is not A love at first sight smell...I bet 8 out of 10 non-trainned people would not like it...

lovetribe

the definitive rose scent?
i hope in big longevity and sillage!!

WhoNose
WhoNose

I really like the original Un' Soir. I did often wish it was a little stronger with the performance and that rose so, off top, this one a definite buy for me.

Manny44
Manny44

Well, the original is awesome and Cartier is pretty great overall, I'm looking forward to this even though freddie below me may be right about this one maybe being superfluous.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Cartier Declaration d'Un Soir Intense fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Cartier Declaration d'Un Soir Intense, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Declaration d'Un Soir Intense by Cartier. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Declaration d'Un Soir Intense by Cartier represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.