Designers » C » Citrus Aromatic « Groups

Eau de Cartier Cartier for women and men

ozonic

Eau de Cartier by Cartier is a Citrus Aromatic fragrance for women and men. Eau de Cartier was launched in 2001. The nose behind this fragrance is Christine Nagel. Top notes are coriander, yuzu and bergamot; middle notes are violet leaf, lavender and violet; base notes are cedar, patchouli, musk and white amber.

Coriander Yuzu Bergamot

Violet Leaf Lavender Violet

Cedar Patchouli Musk White Amber

Eau de Cartier Essence d`Orange
Tea Collection Earl Grey and Cucumber

Eau de Cartier Fragrance Reviews

nathalie_soleil
nathalie_soleil

Different take on the classic eau de cologne, this one without the neroli and orange blossom. The yuzu and violet leaf make it a very nice refleshing cologne with spicy twist to it with the coriander. Soft with moderate longevity. Even though it is considered unisex, I think it leans to toward masculine cologne.

one_girl_rev
one_girl_rev

I quite love how metallic and sprightly this fragrance is. It opens with an eruption of stainless steel and sharp hints of purified air.

As it leads on, it expands, like a flashing moment of white landscape. It has a hygienic, medicinal quality to it without being sterile or dull. Eau de Cartier is clouds in a bottle. Clean, fresh air you can wear. Not too much like other oxygen based or ozonic fragrances, though.

I like to wear this fragrance when I need a sense of stealth strength. When vitality and power are important to my pursuit. It's a winning fragrance that takes people by surprise. Especially when worn by a woman.

It is also great to layer with overly fruity or forceful florals. For example: When combined with honeysuckle or orange blossom essential oils, Eau de Cartier facilitates an acceptable level of headiness by cutting the antagonistic heavyweight in half and sweeping away the excess.

Lana148
Lana148

This fragrance feels transparent! Super ozonic, spicy violet-citrus.

Very nice, great for summer.

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

Eau de Cartier opens with a pleasant, fresh citrus-bergamot accord, slightly aquatic too, with a soft base of vanilla, sweet aromatic woods (cedar), perhaps amber, and a lively, bright and delicate floral-spicy breeze all over, with also a green accord giving tartness and crunchiness. Aldehydes fill the space without being too prominent. As minutes pass the flowers, notably violet, become more bold and prominent, focusing on a vibrant, fresh violet note which beautifully and gently blends with the rest. So basically a nice, honest fresh, spicy floral-woody scent. It somehow reminded me of Déclaration, as other reviewers already notes, with a more transparent and "contemporary" look, less complex and less rich, perhaps less interesting too, nothing "stunning" but still nice. Being an "eau", it predictably lasts quite short.

6,5-7/10

Bobster
Bobster

I just don't understand. At Retail this stuff goes for 60.00-80.00 and IMO this is generic as they come. Citrus, Citrus, and more Citrus. Can we please get off the Citrus train. Don't get me wrong, its a decent fragrance but at this price point Its not worth the performance. Everything about this cologne is below average. You can go to Rue 21 and Get CJ black and be just as satisfied and be 60.00 richer.

Jerry Can
Jerry Can

Anonymous and unmemorable. Another example of the many summer frags with so little that distinguishes any of them. Cartier did themselves no favours with this one. Good enough to spray over fractious children in the back of a car on a hot bank holiday weekend traffic jam.

ChaiLatte2009
ChaiLatte2009

Uncredibely crisp and airy perfume. It must be yuzu that smells like yellow grapefruit. It's quite bitter, but that bitternes makes it interesting. Finally scent that belongs to it's category and all listed notes are noticable - citrus aromatic. And that's exactly what it is. For some reason it reminds me of Scandinavia. :)

nikoleta1
nikoleta1

Fresh, light, cold, citric. More for men, but can be used as unisex for some people, I think I will give to by sweetheart to use.

sussex2
sussex2

I have gone through a couple of samples of EdC over the past year. Its possible to pick it up so cheaply now I had to go for a full bottle.

When I smell this fragrance I get lilac with a hint of lavender. I know there is other "stuff" in there but it is so finely blended I find it difficult to pick out. Luckily I don't need to, its a lovely, sweet and fresh fragrance.

Its very light, especially after the first half hour or so, but it gently hangs around for about eight hours. I have recently started to appreciate the softer fragrances. They feel more suited to spring time and early summer than perhaps a heavy oud or leather. Its nice to experience nature's own best fragrances at this time of the year.

I use three sprays to the body with EdC. After an hour has passed I tend to forget its there. Every so often throughout the day I'm pleasantly reminded of its presence by gentle wafts of pretty lilac.

Manny44
Manny44

Well I think the opening of Yuzu is gorgeous. Very crisp and fresh though a bit delicate. Maybe too delicate. Dry down of Violet leaf is the main culprit for me here but I don't like violet leaf much anyways. But even if you like Violet leaf, be warned that this a fragrance with very light sillage.

Eau de Cartier is basically a "not a perfume" perfume. It smells like ozone, coriander and eventually, very faintly of violets.
I put this in the same category as Maurer Wirtz 4711.
Even though I am a lover of many "not a perfume" fragrances this one has just gone so far into inoffensive territory that it barely exists.
I can definitely see the appeal for very humid and/or tropical climates though. Perhaps in those temperatures this fragrance blooms into something more interesting.

As a lover of violet notes I figured I'd like this and approached it with an open mind as my first experience of Cartier had not been to my taste I thought it was quite a brave and classy scent for the right guy.
This however is not really outstanding for me, it's alright though, fresh opening and you do get the violet note which is not at all intrusive or sweet but for me creates more of a soapy neroli accord.
This changes into more of a recognisable violet smell as it settles on my skin after 20 mins or so. I get Cedar in there too which does complement the fresh composition all in all.
I'll be honest it's a tad on the boring side for me but not unpleasant if you like this kind of scent.
It reminds me a little of something like Mugler cologne but somewhat less green.
I was thoroughly impressed by the previous Cartier fragrance I tried in terms of sillage and longevity which were both huge! It might just be my skin but this was pathetically short lived.

benpaul12
benpaul12

Dull, hand-soapy and boring. Sillage is weak and it doesn't last very long. I agree with others who say this is cheap but not cheap to buy.

Very disappointing!

Nil3
Nil3

Masterpiece it is! I always felt like a filthy rich swiss lady when wearing it. Don't ask me where I got swiss from!

jotalopez
jotalopez

Hats off to Cartier for creating such a masterpiece. Despite the naysayers, Eau de Cartier is by far one of the most fresh and stunning fragrances I've ever smelled. Although it was created 12 years ago, this juice continues to be a best seller among the wide range of choices available today. Eau de Cartier is a zesty and refreshing yet no aquatic scent, perfect for hot summer days or nights. An invigorating tonic made up mostly of yuzu, violet and cedar. What else could you ask for when it comes to fresh men's fragrances? Hands down, a riskless blind buy.

Tramontane
Tramontane

A crisp violet, I don't get much more than the violet and violet leaves. It is inoffensive but I think there are much better violets out there. Balenciaga's Paris is much warmer to my nose and a lot fuller, they seem to have done a lot more with a lot fewer notes. This smells like a perfume that should be worn by a no-nonsense highly paid business woman, and that's not me. It didn't last either, so that is always a "no" in my book.

PatriciaC
PatriciaC

Mens fragrance.Citrus zest,more like a deoderant smell.I don't think i would like this scent on anyone. Just because it says cartier doesn't mean it's fabulouse. This is an example of rich name cheap smelling perfume.

smellME
smellME

One of the freshest perfumes I've got for summer that doesn't have coconut, that don't have lemon and lime and also lacks jasmine...
It starts very nice with bergamot...and thats the only citrus there is...
Yozo and coriander - interesting cause I guessed zelleri...
Its as fresh together without any sweetnes as an ice cold sparkling water.
The two violet notes together with a toned down lavender is very soft , slightly sweeter and very wearable !
The base is even so sweeter and a lovely mix of 4 where the amber stands out the most, as it usually does on my skin !
Summer refresher heaven in a bottle and my new summer signature !
Only minus - its very faint like a cologne so you really have to spray a lot...but I dont mind cause its lovely !

Nicolas V
Nicolas V

A beautiful, clean violet scent. Only complaint is that it wears a bit sweet in the drydown; could be a bit more dry and crisp. Other than that, this is a real go to if you don't know what to wear. Always appropriate.

Headhead1000
Headhead1000

I had to go for the 6.7 oz it's clean and simple almost reminds me if a sparking mineral water . It's a great alternative to a aquatic in the warm weather .

brenda.arellano001
brenda.arellano001

I was remindedof this scent from long ago on a recent trip to Lush Cosmetics. I purchased their RETRIED hair conditioner and instantly knew I've smelled this before. For several weeks I just couldn't place this very familiar scent. Finally, after weeks of use, it dawned on me; this was nothing other than eau de Cartier (or at least how I remembered it). I recalled how I enjoyed this heavily violet perfume. It was bright and fresh, sophisticated, yet had a casualness about it. Then I got pregnant and I could no longer tolerate these notes. I'm unsure if it was due to a body chemistry change, or my sense of smell, or my increasing sensitivity to scents, or perhaps it was a culmination of all these. Either way, I have been re-introduced to this scent. Although I wore it many times, I remembered how much more I preferred it on my husband. As a unisex fragrance, it is right on. It teeters the line between the masculine and feminine. For me, the sharper notes make this lean more towards a masculine scent. However, it is properly infused and softened by these great feminine notes. This fusion creates the perfect balance for the sultry, confident man. This is the type of scent a woman wants to wear to remind her of her man; very much like wearing his shirt, or spraying yours with his scent. For the right person, and chemistry, this scent is divine!

carolg
carolg

@ anna.023 - I also hate it when i am disappointed when receiving the wrong fragrance ! You could try Perfume Parlour Uk site as they have just released a smell alike of Eau de Cartier called Eau D Cart (Notes similar to that found in Eau De Cartier - they do ship overseas if you are not in the uk.

I have many of their fragrances (oils are strongest and their EDP sprays) and find they are mostly on point and i am having a vintage Femme recreated for me by their manufacturer !

I love Perfume Parlour as their fragrances help me to revisit many scents i have loved that are now discontinued or reformulated. Hope this helps

basgam
basgam

This is a very pleasant and safe fragrance. I wouldn't understand if anybody said that it's horrible! It reminds me of winter for some reason, but probably because I got to know the scent just before Christmas. When I wear it, it feels like I was invisibly cuddled!

tterekhova
tterekhova

This perfume is incredible. It was launched in 2001 when my son was born. It gave me energy to tackle life challenges for almost 9 years and made me feel thinner than I had become.

sekargambir
sekargambir

this frag only convinced me that my skin chemistry disagrees with all Cartiers :-(
moreover, disagrees with anything citrusy :-(
its projection is very weak, longevity is meagre, the bottle is the only saving grace. sorry :-(

fresh_scents
fresh_scents

Not bad. I consider it to be a pleasant departure from what I typically wear. Eau de Cartier has made it to the top of my list for new warm weather season fragrances. Two thumbs up.

aficionada
aficionada

Pleasant enough, but nothing special. Quite linear and inoffensive. Good for casual use. Doesn't last long.

lovesupreme
lovesupreme

to me voyage de hermes and eau de cartier is "miles apart" don't even have anything in common! eau de cartier 8/10 voyage de hermes 5/10

Blue_Lady_Jane
Blue_Lady_Jane

I'll have to try this again...I confess I had a rare hangover when I tried this and all I could smell was GIN, I could have thrown up....

Javanisz
Javanisz

I like it light and airy like a beautiful day in Spring : )

reinhard5490
reinhard5490

The name 'Eau' turn me off. I imagine an ultralight fragrance that would banished entirely from my skin within 30 minutes. anyway, Cartier is not as famous as Chanel, Guerlain or Hermes. so this cant be really good, right?

yesterday I went to a well known perfume store in the other city. the old men who sell this stuff ask me what did I want? "something for daily routine. not offensive and would be able to perform anyday of the week, any season". he smiled and pull a big 200ml bottle of his Eau de Cartier. the solid looking bottle amazes me on the quality of how Cartier treat their bottles.

one spray to the hand. open with spiced-citrus. nothing too special. skip. I try many other fragrance, get myself Declaration and Laliques, upon the time to pay, I notice something floral soapy... it comes from my hand that was sprayed by Eau de Cartier. to my amazement, I sniffed upon it once again, it so simple but beauty. not offensive in anyway, comforting and very versatile. I get that 200ml bottle

now this fragrance became my office scent, probably going to replace Versace Pour Homme place for the rest of my life. simple, unoffensive, office-appropriate, last a (really) long time with close to the skin sillage. but hey, do I need to use monstrous beast everyday? no! sometimes I want it comforting me, and Eau de Cartier did just that. perfect office fragrance

You need to understand why some fragrance have little projection (and why you cant wear 1 Million in office) and last long time. smells clean and comforting, like a chance to sleep in swan-feathered pillow in middle of cozy hotel, that's Eau de Cartier. I'll recommend Eau de Cartier above Prada Infusion d'Homme for sure.

Eau de Cartier, simple name. simple scent. perfectly done
★★★★★

BettyNoir
BettyNoir

I tried this in a 1.5 sample recently and having been underwhelmed by Cartier Baiser Vole, wasn't expecting much.

However, I instantly fell in love. You know that feeling when you try loads of perfumes hoping for that thunderbolt moment when you find one that is perfect for you? I had that with Eau de Cartier.

The Bergamot is softened, not sharp, the lavender and soft musk whispers through, and the overall effect is very feminine, classy, soft and with a hint of clean laundry. It smells pure and ethereal and it is top of my Wanted List.

I was stunned to find it's unisex,I find it much too feminine to be a male scent.

stephanie.hamrick
stephanie.hamrick

I wish I'd realized before trying it on that this is a unisex fragrance--those don't generally work well on me, and I'd have known not to mess with it if Nordstrom didn't have it in with the stuff for women. Now I know why I was disappointed in the lack of femininity (though I'd be disappointed to smell it on a man, too--I'm not a fan of light and citrusy on a man).

French Boudoir Doll
French Boudoir Doll

For some odd reason... I was a fortunate doll...My favorite Perfumerie in Belgium gifted me this in 200 mls... Some days just make you want to smile more than others...

aber19

I forgot to mention that this perfume comes in an amazing 200mls bottle which is very rare size for perfumes. I found it for $88.00 on ebay which is a real steal.

aber19

This orange and watery perfume is so refreshing for hot Summer days or for playing sport or going to cafes with friends. It is not a look at me fragrance, but it is more refined. It is light and not offensive. I has subtle class, but it does not last very long as other Cartier fragrances. So you will need to reapply this.

I usually am uplifted by this fragrance or if I cannot decide what to wear in summer, this is it. For something a little different I would buy this. I have a feeling it may be discontinued at a later stage. I have bought two bottles of this because it is unisex, classic,a beautiful and light masterpiece.

I found the perfume price to be reasonable compared to other orange, spicy and light fragrances.I bought on ebay and in the USA it was far cheaper than in Australia. I think I bought 2 x 100mls edts for $100. The freshness of this perfume, reminds me of just stepping out of a shower nicely refreshed after using orange and light floral spice wash.

I do not use the perfume on my skin, due to the chemicals, but on my clothes. It lasts about 4-5hrs on my clothes which is quite good for a EDT.The good thing is that not everyone is wearing this and that is why I like it. I like something a little different which brightens up my day. It keeps me to focus on my day. It is quite an amazing perfume.

Metyu
Metyu

I have it for a years and it is only scent that puts me each time when I wear it in a good mood, in a such a positive feel. Never get bored by it.

Lazaro
Lazaro

a amazing fragrance in all the ways...a clean and fresh compilations of waterly ingredients and extremely fresh and clean flowers and fruits...the perfect combinations of yuzu..violet leaf and bergamot....just a travel across the amazon rain forest..........

freestyle
freestyle

a fresh and classic fragrance with powerful sweet citrus scent..elegant for daily and any ocassion..love this scent..

Lucky me
Lucky me

It is really nice fragrance, crispy clean, fresh, just perfect for summer. I think it is very good perfume for work, smells expensive, fresh, will not offend anyone around you. Would be perfect with white business blouse and a pencil skirt, high heels,pearl neckless, and here she is - lady-boss!

evilspin
evilspin

I love this scent. its light but boldly masculine yet its unisex. problem is it does not last at all> The orange version lasts even less :(

tomerits
tomerits

a freshy,flowery unique scent.this is a real unisex perfume with good longevity,will be great for casual day/night time(especially in summer).i love it and very happy to own 200ml of this juice.
my rank 4/5.

stayclose
stayclose

This is my personal experience with this frag and how I would describe it.when I first smelt it, it was on a piece of paper and the smell was a chemical one kinda like faranheith by dior so I said what the heck it give it shot. I put some on my wrist and at first I got a lime with grass which was ok. After about five min it changed to a sour orange salty sea. Within 15 min its now a soft flower with some of the top notes still lingering. Overall its defenatly takes you on a trip through what would think be somewhere in france. Would I buy a big bottle of it? Probably not but its still a lovely fragrance. Not sure what it is but it has its charm.

diego.lesgart
diego.lesgart

Prove esta fragancia hace ya poco mas de 10 años, no me agrado demasiado. La volvi a probar en 2010 y me resulto muy agradable al punto que la compre. Es sumamente costosa en Argentina, pero buscando otras la vendedora me la ofrecio porque estaba rebaja a la mitad al ya no ingresar mas a mi pais. Inmediatamente la adquiri. Es como un agua dulce. . .

artsyrn
artsyrn

This is a treasure...Light,powdery, citrus with whispers of floral accords, coriander and lavender.

mar-gosha
mar-gosha

Wow! Such a great and easy to wear fragrance. I didn't expect I would love it so much. I don't know why but it reminds me of Burberry Women scent. Weird, but somehow when I apply it to my skin it smells like Burberry on me, and I can't distinguish the note that makes them smell alike to me. It's fresh, soft, so feminine and I find it incredibly sexy. Great to wear to work, you won't offend anyone, I think even people with allergies will tolerate this. LOVE it!

olga1780

Just wanted to add that i find it more of a powdery floral fragrance than citrus aromatic. I can't smell anything pronounced citric.

olga1780

I agree with other reviewers that Eau De Cartier is not something to analyze in-depth or elaborate on, espcially if you compare it to any masterpiece from Cartier or any other house of the same rank. But as a separately stanging fragrance with its own unique personality or in comparison to many others within the family (especially cheap variations) Eau de Cartier certainly stands out. Very well made, smooth,elegant, with persistent sillage and longevity.
I didn't notice it when I first sprayed it on my hand, but when I put it on, it smelled somewhat familiar, like Prada Infusion d'iris because of its powdery note. Apparently it's the violet leave that gives it a powdery touch. I mostly bought it because I love and admire Cartier as a perfume house, so I had to have a full bottle in my collection. But even though I have more than enough clean and fresh perfumes, Eau de Cartier will have a special place among them.A definite successful blind buy, worthy of repurchasing. It's really hard to deny and ignore Cartier quality.

scorpiosheep
scorpiosheep

Pleasant, fresh, light, inoffensive, but not earth-shattering. A perfume for the timid, it makes no statements. Safe. Really not a lot to review here. I guess I expected more from a perfume with the Cartier label.

daisymargueritte
daisymargueritte

Another bland Cartier creation. Still, I think better for men than for women. Lasting close to zero on me.

VeronicaRoy
VeronicaRoy

Very pure clean fragrance. Makes you think of steel and glass, architectural design. Unisex. Very fresh.

rawan.natsheh
rawan.natsheh

It triggers a kind of allergy and my neck started to itch, the opening with coriander is very sharp and irritating, other than this the perfume is nice and of a unique smell.

leostrog
leostrog

I think it's a really wonderful scent! I can't analyze it more professional and explain each note- but this scent remind me green garden (not floral) after light rain in such cloudy day....- something very fresh and very balanced, not artificial.
Unfortunately , I have seen only once pack of 5 little bottles (pocket size).
Eau de Cartier Concentree - is not same fragrance, and it can't be replace .
i would prefer Eau de Parfum version, something less volatile, but it doesn't exist.

A refreshing and very likeable soft composition that should work as a perfect example of how it's still possible to make a good "eau" avoiding the tipycal "neroli formula".

Citruses and violet leaf on top, soft woods and spices in the base. Simple but extremely refined. As long as you don't expect a super longevity or any sillage, this is quite satisfying (don't forget this is an "aqua"). To be used without moderation! One of the very few in this genre that I really enjoy! Very Nice.

Annabel Lee
Annabel Lee

In answer to PassionBR, i also live in a very hot and humid place (right now, almost 9 p.m., 36°C !!) and what i have noticed is that eau fraiche versions and summer editions are the best for this kind of weather, while oriental fragrances are the worst cause they end up smelling completely different in a bad way :(
I love Davidoff Cool Water Summer Fizz (it lasts for hours on me and even if i sweat a little it doesn't dissapear), and i would also recommend Versace Versense, CK One Summer or Donna Karan DKNY, this last one even reminds me of Eau de Cartier.

KasiaS
KasiaS

What the heck is wrong with this one that I always forgot to write the review as well as to put it on my wishlist and, finally, buy it? And also so few opinions and votes...
Strange. This perfume is... the best word that comes to my mind is SWELL! :)) Quality, elegance but also an easy-going one (i.e. perfect for me), great composition - every note exactly in the right place, beautiful lavender! - it's not overpowering but is lasting and has sillage, the bottle is awesome, the crystal colour is so perfect... it has everything a warm weather unisex can have! Maybe there are just too many others that are more loud and calling for attention- but it's not a reason to skip this one! It is one of the best in its category.

Recommended!

imellie
imellie

I'm not the whether the major smell is the leaf or the chemical. I don't like it nor hate it but I need some time to figure out.

NOW I know why my uncle always says: "...BUT it is Cartier!" when I ask why he always keeps buying things (like Pasha) that HE says do not last all that long. The quality and elegance of this scent are evident from the very first spray...

The opening on this is simply amazing! Bright japanese grapefruits (yuzu) with mandarin's sheer sweetness is simply delicious, but the complimentary note of corriander is sheer genius. The cool green leafy feel surrounds the citruses and does not intensify them, so much as embrace them. In the heart, the cool powdery beauty of violet is balanced by warm and woody lavender with the awesome thick and green feel of the violet leaves. I also get something almost "peppery" here, but it really works for a unisex scent. Cedar is the predominant note in the drydown (for sure), but it is not too "woody" as a light patchouli and smooth white amber (less rich and incensey smelling) swirl with just enough VERY CLEAN muskiness to make this one hell of a scent! Cartier sould make a watch with one number on it and the most plain band and face and it would STILL be stunning; THAT is what they have done here. Eau de Cartier takes some VERY common, and sometimes overused, notes and creates something original, elegant and very sexy! I simply cannot stop smelling the back of my hand...what a treasure this is! Citrus, flowers, herbs, leaves, wood, and resins combined into something utterly genderless and extremely beautiful...I hope Christine Nagel won a FiFi for this; because if she didn't, that is a true travesty!

*Thank you ArkangeL, for finding me a small bottle of this and taking care of all the logistics to get it to me!*

Sillage: good
Longevity: VERY good
Overall: 4.5/5

Summer, spring, winter or fall; I can see myself wearing this in pretty much any season and for just about any occasion from "hanging out" to dressing up and "going out". I have many citrus aromatic scents and this particular one stands above most of them. After all...it IS Cartier!

sofianec
sofianec

Beautiful scent for everyday, everytime freshness. Great on clothing, not so long lasting on the skin but get the 200 ml and just spray and spray.

pamacs
pamacs

Fresh, light and happy scent. Short lived on the skin, but long lived on the clothes. Classical and modern at the same time, elegant and fresh at the same time. PERFECT

spoombung
spoombung

A subtle, transparent, violet scent with a light, herbal quality. Likeable... but short-lived on the skin, unfortunately.

Detroitcolognereview
Detroitcolognereview

I was summoned to try this one. Immediately I hated it. However to be fair, I let it dry down and I found that the offensiveness was nothing more than a shell that housed a nice goodness. Mellow, rich, and with this almost… cherry cigar hint hiding out on me. Not quite special enough for me to buy but then again, it is nice… actually, the more I smell it the more I began to feel silly for thinking that the one who summoned me was off…lol

Brettyboy
Brettyboy

This one has grown on me a lot. I remember the first time a smelt this and thought it was nice...delicate but nice but i had about six other scents on my hand and it kind of got lost in the mix as it were. I got a good deal with a shower gel thrown in and thought it would just be added to my "i own it but dont wear it" collection. However, after a wearing it a few times i feel that there is alot more to this fragrance than meets the eye. It is a lot longer-lasting than i initially thought. once the citrus top-notes fade the musky,iso e super bed themselves in for the long haul.
A nice summer, nothing to prove,scent.

samsara1977
samsara1977

This is presented as a unisex perfume, to me it is a male perfume. I've expected something light and fresh, this is woody and spicy.

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

Love the yuzu note!
The bergamot and musk are subtle, mainly projecting the floral notes and yuzu.
Fresh and happy. Casual summer fragrance.
Longevity is good but projection dies quickly.
A second opinion will confirm a purchase for me.

Eau de Cartier is a really nice modern citrus scent. It's very sheer and masculinely unisex. It has a clean and fresh citrus as the main star while having woody note and floral scent switching back and forth. It can be comparable to Bvlgari Au Blanc as far as the way it stays on my skin, which is light and almost transparent. I love this scent very much, just wish it wears a bit stronger and longer like many reviewers mentioned. Nonetheless, I will have to invest in a bigger bottle when the price is right.

Agent Provocateur101
Agent Provocateur101

What a bright and cheery fragrance :)
This leans slightly more towards the masculine side than it does the feminine, but thats not a problem for me as i love mens fragrances.

On application, there is a blast of sunny citruses, bergamot and yuzu lead the way, with coriander adding a nice spicy, herbal kick.
The lavender in the mid-notes is pretty undetectable to my nose, but that is probably due to the double whammy of Violet - leaf and flower, lending this scent a sweet parma violet quality.

The musk and amber in the drydown must be of very low quantities as i cannot really get a whiffter of them, but the cedar and patchouli add a wonderfully woody hint, which lasts long after the top notes have faded.
The patchouli and cedar are also responsible for keeping this fragrance in Male/unisex domain (although i think the average (non-parfumista)woman would probably choose a more feminine scent over this)
Without those two notes in the dry-down, this scent would probably be alot sweeter, what with the abundance of violets and citrus fruits, thus makingg it more female friendly.
I,for one am glad of the woody basenotes, as the whole composition melds together so well to create a refreshing spring and summer tonic for you to spray to your hearts content with.

This fragrance is a personal favourite of my mums, she says it is so uplifting and boosts the mood.

Pity that it just doesn't seem to hang around for very long.
xxx

dragonesque
dragonesque

When it comes to Eau de Cartier (edt), my nose goes deaf and blind. After the commonplace citric opening I feel nothing. Once the top notes evaporate, the fragrance goes blank on my skin. I reapplied it several times to face the same effect – as if I were wearing no scent at all. Then after a couple of hours a faint amber and musk base appear (to be detected only with a nose pressed to the wrist).
I so much wanted to love this fragrance. I even considered a blind buy (fortunately, I bought a vial sample for a start). Alas, on my skin this is a dull echo of a scent. Disappointed.

sfonativeboy
sfonativeboy

Eau de Cartier
"Elegant and neat for the office,
daytime wear, it radiates confidence."

The compliments I get always makes me feel wealthy ..healthy .. and wise!

For those that love refreshing citrus-based fragrances with that slight masculine touch - Eau de Cartier is for you.

I'm not a big citrus wearer. I prefer to smell it on others rather than on myself. However with that being said, Eau de Cartier is certainly lovely and fresh. Perfect for a hot Summer's day.

The yuzu is an interesting note. I first experienced it in Incanto Bliss by Salvatore Ferragamo, which I think I liked simply because of the yuzu note. So for those that aren't too thrilled with citrusy scents, do try something with yuzu in it and you may be pleasantly surprised.

Eau de Cartier is one of those everyday type of scents. On the skin it feels clean, subtle and comforting.

In some ways Eau de Cartier reminds me of Light Blue by Dolce & Gabbana. Possibly because of the citrusy opening and the cedary drydown. I do however love the patchouli note in this fragrance. It is spicy, earthy and delightful.

I did try to love this fragrance, however the masculine citrus note got in the way of that full-fledged love. The lasting power was rather weak as well, which only left me bitterly disappointed. However, as I mentioned previously, both men and women alike, those who love citrusy scents, will most likely love the classy Eau de Cartier.

drummerboy1986

The scent is good...sweet/sour type of scent, but for a longer lasting/better scent, I found you can blend this with, Clean Men, and it smells great

the best fresh, tropical, spophisticaded in a fresh way ever created....

carlosdavidz
carlosdavidz

An absolutely perfect perfume. I can wear it always. Is not overpowering just sweet.

EAU DE CARTIER is more of a light chypre than an aromatic fragrance to my nose, as the bergamot and lavender, usually loud in aromatic openings, are here rather low key. Instead, I find the dominant and persistent notes, curiously enough, to be coriander and a je ne sais quoi note--what I presume (ignorantly...) is yuzu? But the cedar-amber-musk-light patchouli amalgam in the drydown comes quickly enough to make this a quasi-linear scent.

Other reviewers have spoken of yachts, of which I unfortunately have no experience, but I do get the feeling of walking along the piers of a northshore town, perhaps Dunkirk, as this fragrance seems warm yet cool all at the same time--something like the feeling of a light mist of sea spray that has dried on one's face in the sun.

True to its intended market, EAU DE CARTIER is a unisex fragrance, with all that this implies, above all, a savory, even salty, rather than sweet or heavily floral demeanor. On my skin, EAU DE CARTIER has good lasting power and minimal sillage in the edt.

jae
jae

This is THE most flawless citrus fragrance that I've ever tried. I bought this instantly. I love it. The longevity is pretty good and the sillage is a bit close to the skin, but noticeable to those who are near. I would even dare to say that this beats Prada's Infusion D'Homme, one of my favorites.....

one of the best and most perfect fresh -musky scent ever created. love the smell.. its like a wind come from a cold forest in the morning... AMAZING SCENT..

I love this; however my boyfriend tried this and it was awful on him - all I could smell was violets - like the little violet sweets....good, least it means he won't be using it....

ArkangeL
ArkangeL

I find this leaning more on the masculine side... due to the musk and patchouli. Subtract the 2, and you've got a light and airy perfume. Very fresh and aromatic indeed. I asked for a spritz at a fragrance kiosk in the mall today... and I wasn't surprised at it's quality. I made a purchase online immediately after I returned home. I know which box this one's going in.

:-)

stellastac
stellastac

Fresh and clean I would discribe this fragrence like clean linen dried in the sun great on men and women try it together.....not long lasting enough though and the concentrate has different notes not the same at all maybe if they made a body wash and body moisterizer so it could be layered...but I just adore it anyway.

sky76sky
sky76sky

The salty sea-spray from the yaht is hazing the outer surface of my frosted G&T glass. The sparkling fizz of the tonic as the ice cubes chink & fall against the lime. The air is dry & a soft, warm breeze ruffles my hair & plays with the hem of my white cotton dress... the arrid coastline, littered with gnarled twisted trees & sunbaked woods, gets ever closer ...
in truth I am sat inside a cottage, listening to the howling wind & rain being hurled against the window with my nose pressed against my wrist...but a girl can dream!

This is a lottery winner of a scent. A yaht-owning, nature-loving classic G&T scent. It is young & fresh but still very "old money" - EdeC would hold the door open for you & pull out your chair - it most certainly is not nouveau, brash or classless.

All the notes are exquisitly blended & feel natural & high quality. It is clean (lavender & bergamot) without being soapy & has a dry, citrus peel feel with a distinct bitterness & earthy quality (voilet leaf playing with patchouli).

On women it is natural & softly sexy in the same way that a woman can pull off wearing a man's white shirt. On men this smells like a million dollars - divine, effortlessly attractive - it is just a pity it is not so long-lasting.

amelie
amelie

Unisex, but in a feminine way, surprisingly longlasting, gives that feeling of freshness and cleanliness.I usually get compliments when I wear it, obviously is not so weak and very comfortable especially in summer when all the perfumes become too heavy.

guest_Laguzza
guest_Laguzza

The perfume is almost unanimous, perfect. He proves that not to be complex to be good. If happiness were the smell was Eau de Cartier him.

Robert White
Robert White

Yay! Finally swiped this one from a superstore which shall remain nameless, and boy, there's nothing like a good bout of something for nothing that cheers up the depressed. And this is a lovely scent, ideal for the summertime, nice bergamot, a whisper of violet and violet leaf...I'd love to give a nice lady a backrub usong this. It's GREAT on a guy as well...absolutely one of the best things Cartier makes, and an ideal unisex present, you know, "this is for both of you!" (Most guys will grumble, though. Screw 'em. most men are as insensitive and selfish as women are venal, mendacious, and self - serving."

Maddyrain
Maddyrain

"Eau de Cartier" is a lovely fragrance, but unfortunately it lacks staying power. I was able to feel its presence around me for 20 minutes before it left the building leaving me alone and hoping for a stronger version.

But my prayers were answered when I discovered the Concentrée version. It was love at first sight! "Eau de Cartier" on its both variations smells like a confortable embrace.

GreyAngel
GreyAngel

This was my signature scent for about a year... I just loved the crisp, green freshness of it. I loved the brightness it had about it. Truly a great everyday scent, and even people who said they never liked or wore perfume would compliment me on this one. The top notes of lime and citrus and something else - maybe juniper? - soon dry down to something warmer, the violet leaves and patchouli notes, yet it is anything but spicy or overwhelming to those who normally run from orientals and musks.

However, unfortunately, after about a year of wearing it, it started giving me awful headaches so I had to stop applying :( Bummer! I don't know if I will be able to wear it again but I will always remember it fondly :)

Ak.
Ak.

I do not like this one.. it is citrous but for me it is too strong and sour. Honestly, all of my friends except one said it smells not good after sniffing it - and the one who liked it said it's quite masculine and freshly citrous.

Definitely not my cup of tea.

vertigo
vertigo

Floral-woody.

The inception of this fragarnce is connected with the great success of Declaration - edt for men launched in 1998. Women liked it so much that they wore it themselves.
Eau de Cartier was made with an eye to women.

Eau de Cartier, icw Declaration, has a characteristic, a bit dry woody note, but it's more delicate, gentle and more flowery.
The fragrance is distinct and cognoscible, elegant and sophisticated.

dino
dino

It is typically Cartier...very classy...All my female colleagues do like it a lot and they have taste...My recommendation for guys is to try it..

drummerboy1986

If you're looking for a "substitute", or complete replacement for Issey Miyake, this is a good replacement...if it lasted longer

drummerboy1986

One word.......Pure Balance...ok two words....sue me! alomst had acqua di gio theme to it with a metallic twist

golden
golden

I agree classy yet fresh and full of zest.

Oyama
Oyama

Fresh and tropical...is smells like moonlight !

dianthus
dianthus

Seem to give power and vitality for life, something like selfconfidence in a bottle;)... wind between juniper trees for me. Very citrus for the others...

mariotgomez
mariotgomez

I tried this fragrance when I was visiting my cousins. I was tired of wearing one of the two I took with me. This is a nice light and long lasting scent. It is not overpowering and a scent you can define as Cartier(classic, quality and memorable).

Update: added to collection 11.19.2009

Eau de Cartier by Cartier 3.86 out of 5 based on 536 ratings and 94 user reviews

Eau De Cartier Cologne by Cartier, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray Unisex Tester for Men
Eau De Cartier Cologne by Cartier, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray Concentree Unisex Tester for Men
Cartier Eau De Cartier Eau De Toilette Spray Unboxed 100ml 3.3oz
Cartier Eau De Cartier Eau De Toilette Spray Unboxed 100ml 3.3oz
EAU DE CARTIER for UNISEX by Cartier EDT SPRAY 3.3 OZ UNBOXED
EAU DE CARTIER for UNISEX by Cartier EDT SPRAY 3.3 OZ UNBOXED
EAU DE CARTIER for UNISEX by Cartier CONCENTRATE EDT SPRAY 3.3 OZ TESTER
EAU DE CARTIER for UNISEX by Cartier CONCENTRATE EDT SPRAY 3.3 OZ TESTER
Eau de Cartier
Eau De Cartier Goutte De Rose Perfume by Cartier, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray unisex for Women
Eau De Cartier Cologne by Cartier, 3.3 oz Eau De Toilette Spray Unisex for Men
Eau De Cartier Cologne by Cartier, 3.3 oz Eau De Toilette Spray Unisex for Men
Eau De Cartier Perfume by Cartier, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray Unisex for Women
EAU DE CARTIER for UNISEX by Cartier EDT SPRAY 3.3 OZ
EAU DE CARTIER for UNISEX by Cartier EDT SPRAY 3.3 OZ
EAU DE CARTIER for UNISEX by Cartier EDT SPRAY 3.3 OZ 2011 LIMITED EDITION
EAU DE CARTIER for UNISEX by Cartier EDT SPRAY 3.3 OZ 2011 LIMITED EDITION
EAU DE CARTIER for UNISEX by Cartier CONCENTRATE EDT SPRAY 3.3 OZ
EAU DE CARTIER for UNISEX by Cartier CONCENTRATE EDT SPRAY 3.3 OZ
EAU DE CARTIER for UNISEX by Cartier EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ ALL OVER SHAMPOO 3.3 OZ TRAVEL OFFER
Cartier Eau De Cartier Eau De Toilette Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Cartier Eau De Cartier Eau De Toilette Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Cartier Eau De Cartier Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.3oz
Cartier Eau De Cartier Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.3oz
Eau De Cartier Cologne by Cartier, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray Concentree Unisex for Men
Eau De Cartier Perfume by Cartier, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray Concentree Unisex for Women
EAU DE CARTIER for UNISEX by Cartier EDT SPRAY 6.7 OZ
EAU DE CARTIER for UNISEX by Cartier EDT SPRAY 6.7 OZ
Eau De Cartier Cologne by Cartier, 6.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray Unisex for Men
Eau De Cartier Cologne by Cartier, 6.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray Unisex for Men
Eau De Cartier Perfume by Cartier, 6.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray Unisex for Women
Eau De Cartier Cologne by Cartier, 6.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray Unisex Concentree for Men
Eau De Cartier Perfume by Cartier, 6.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray Unisex Concentree for Women
Zappos.com
NORDSTROM.com
Cartier 'Eau de Cartier - Gouette de Rose' Set Limited Edition 116 Value
Cartier 'Eau de Cartier - Gouette de Rose' Set Limited Edition 116 Value
NORDSTROM.com
Cartier 'Eau de Cartier - Gouette de Rose' Set Limited Edition 116 Value One Size
Cartier Eau de Cartier Essence de Bois 3.3 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
Cartier Eau de Cartier Essence de Bois 3.3 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
Cartier Eau de Cartier 3.3 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
Cartier Eau de Cartier 3.3 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
Zappos.com
Cartier - Eau de Cartier eau de toilette 3.3 fl.oz N-A - Beauty
Cartier - Eau de Cartier eau de toilette 3.3 fl.oz N-A - Beauty
Gift Set 3.3oz
Cartier Eau De Cartier Coffret Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.3oz All Over Shampoo 100ml 3.3oz 2pcs
Gift Set 3.3oz
Cartier Eau De Cartier Coffret Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.3oz Moisturizing Body Lotion All Over Shampoo 100ml 3.3oz 3pcs
Cartier Eau de Cartier Essence de Bois 6.75 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
Cartier Eau de Cartier Essence de Bois 6.75 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
Eau de Cartier

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Cartier Eau de Cartier fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Cartier Eau de Cartier, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Eau de Cartier by Cartier. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Eau de Cartier by Cartier represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.