Designers » C » « Groups

Eau de Cartier Essence d`Orange Cartier for women and men

Cartier is presenting Eau de Cartier Essence d`Orange, a lively and sunny fragrance with agrums, which leaves a sophisticated floral trail in a heart stretching to woody notes in a base of this composition. This unisex edition is ideal as a refreshing cocktail for him and for her for the upcoming summer of 2010.

Top notes of Eau de Cartier Essence d`Orange bring us a sparkling, luminous cocktail of oranges and bergamot. A heart encompasses sophisticated violets, while a base is enriched with patchouli along with warm and sensual cedar. The flacon has the same form as Eau de Cartier, iridescent in orange nuances. A drop which promises true refreshment in this composition can be found on the bottom of the flacon. The fragrance is available as 100 and 200 ml EDT.

Bergamot Orange

Violet

Patchouli Virginia Cedar

Eau de Cartier
Boss In Motion White

Eau de Cartier Essence d`Orange Fragrance Reviews

Chicago Tony T
Chicago Tony T

I agree with previous reviews. It's a nice scent for the few hours it last. Very light citrus/woody affair.
Too bad the longevity sucks because it's such a nice and safe scent. Hugo Boss has a few offerings in the same category which are slightly heavier. If you want a truly great orange scent go for Orange Sanguine.

SweetChouli
SweetChouli

Cartier is quickly rising the ranks in what I reach for most often. I see this brand as sort of an underdog in the fragrance world, but that could just be due to my location and personal outlook. So far, everything I've tried from them have been nothing short of amazing quality. Essence D'Orange is my favorite thus far.

The name suggests oranges obviously, but it's not what you might expect. There is an even balance between oranges and spikey cedarwood, which adds a dimension of something spicy. I don't pick up any patchouli until the scent starts to fade away and even then it is so faint you really have to search for it. The violet used isn't overly sweet or powdery, but it's definetly there to fluff things up a bit. I love this for everyday and it will be a sure spring and summer staple. As others have mentioned, the only draw back for me is that it only lasts a solid hour or two and then becomes a barely there skin scent. I do not mind a skin scent, but this is one I love so much I wish it'd stay with me longer.

Perfect woody citrus fragrance and 100% unisex. L.O.V.E

paulhunter
paulhunter

Unfortunately, the juice from my sample was very short lived. I don't know if it's too old or whatnot, but the delicious creamy woody orange smell died within two hours. I can't even smell anything unless I put warm water on the spot I sprayed it. The scent itself is delightful, but I didn't even get enough time to experience it to really take notice. Too bad, hopefully it's just my skin

It is pleasant orange woody scent, with very nice, fresh opening. Later it becomes a bit green and orange bitter, but at the same time, cedar base makes it comforting and sophisticated.
Elegant fragrance for spring and summer.

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

This is a subtle orange scent. It doesn't knock you off your feet with the full force and weight of a sunny orange grove like Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo Arancia di Capri, and it doesn't linger as a note like Terre d'Hermes. It also doesn't have an ambery orange haze like a Varvatos fragrance. On me this juice is about half orange and half cedar - and sadly, timid and faint. It seems to disappear quickly on my skin and remains as an elusive note on cotton.

So... I like it. But if I'm in the mood for orange-cedar I'd select the Terre d'Hermes variation, which is apparently strengthened by vetiver. (It's worth noting that, like this, TdH also has a cedar note - the Iso E Super.)

My wife, when queried, made a "Meh" face after leaning over for a sniff.

Scout
Scout

Blind buy based on my love of all things orange. The spicy chord in this comes across as cedar. The powder is very slight and very faint. The orange while strong in the opening, doesn't last too long. This fragrance certainly morphs as it develops. Upon initial spritz, my thought was, "Oh this is what Hugo Boss Orange is trying to be, but sorry Hugo, Cartier is doing it much better." However as this Sandalwood/Cedar/Spice vibe kicks in, they diverge distinctly. Boss smells "dirty" on the drydown. This is crisp and yet soft. The powder is not in-your-face abrasiveness like "Chloe (new)" powder, it is Sensuous Nude powder, the kind you can imagine dousing on your warm skin after a shower and a day at the beach. However now that this has spent a little time on my skin, I feel this is mostly corporate, negligible powder, and quite unisex (guys try it certainly) and I'll likely wear it to the office.

cake n' cuddles
cake n' cuddles

This smells soo amazing. I absolutely LOVE oranges, and have been on the biggest orange kick all year. What could be better than the sunshine of all fruit? The citrus that squeezes away for a boost of energy that lightens a person's mood?
This fragrance is a yummy juicy and natural smelling fresh orange "sporty" kind of fragrance. It's totally unisex, I absolutely would enjoy this on men too. The cedar adds that spice-y familiar summer kind of vibe to it, I don't smell much patch but I do get some cool violets that make this fragrance a little green and smooth. This fragrance is fresh orangey happiness. It seems to be a casual, light, not terribly long lasting kind of fragrance that brings me nothing but joy!

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

Orange essence, true to the name.
Opens with a citrus accord itself, seems the fruit juice being squeezed, seens very natural.
This scent lasts during all phases, and merges with a light touch of cedar just closing, violet? If has hardly appears the powdery touch, is basically orange and cedar, not too heavy just remarkable. Fragrance for summer and well prepared, it seems natural.

sunnyfla
sunnyfla

Smells nothing like an orange or orange blossoms.My chemistry is not for this.Smells like strong black pepper.Very disappointed.Hope it works better for others..

Siv55
Siv55

Another genius bottle from Cartier. Love the perspex disc. The scent itself doesn't really hang together. First of all it's a nice fresh orange, which doesn't hang around long, then a little cedar, then nothing else just violets. It's nice but feels very disjointed.

RUDOLFO512
RUDOLFO512

I love oranges in any way or form. When I saw this fragrance by Cartier, I just had to buy it. I am glad that I did. I have an orange tree in my back yard and when it blooms the flowers smell so divine, just like this fragrance. The opening is very fresh, clean and citrusy. It is like walking through an orange orchard.

freddinos
freddinos

A truly unisex perfume. Opening: Cointreaux liquer, I can almost taste it. After a while, dried orange peel mixed with woodsy notes.A few violet leaves play along, but not very vivid or fresh. Not my cup of tea, but quite well made, I can see this appeal to many people!

CoolBreezes
CoolBreezes

Update: I just had a revelation with this one today. It's early spring and the air is warming up. I sprayed it on around 8 am, and by 2 pm I was sitting at my desk and was suddenly surrounded by a balmy, soft, woody orange that was simply divine. The absolute best part of this fragrance is the warm up during the dry down!!

This refined orange is smooth and clean and seamlessly meshes with the cedar and violet leaf. It's a soft scent but amazingly lasts for hours on my skin, understated and classy. It was a blind buy, and now a permanent part of my collection. And one I'll be recommending to others.

There are times when this fragrance just fits.

pbluberry
pbluberry

I have found it!! The orange scent that I've long been looking for. It's more soft orange than anything else and fades into a cedar but the lovegity and sillage not so good. Wish it lasted longer. I will just have to spray and spray some more. lol

Red Rose
Red Rose

I got some samples a while ago & I should agree that this is not a very feminine scent. It's more toward a masculin perfume, citrusy & fresh.

OTA Mom
OTA Mom

I am all about citrus fragrances, but I did not like anything about this one except for a fleeting moment somewhere in the middle. Decidedly less citrus than advertised and I did not at all care for the other ingredients in the mix. This one is going on ebay asap, does not deserve another chance with me. ~disappointment~

I arrived fashionably late to the violet leaf party, but Cartier is making it possible to catch up quickly. EAU DE CARTIER ESSENCE D'ORANGE is a flanker of the original violet leaf eau, and also of the CONCENTREE, which I own. I think that if one removed above half of the violet leaf from the CONCENTREE and mixed in some orange, this would be the result.

It's nice, if you like violet leaf and are looking for variations on that theme. So, yes, this really is a flanker which makes sense as a flanker. As an orange eau, ESSENCE D'ORANGE has some stiff competition (chez Hermès and Bond no 9) and must also surmount the preconceptions set up by those much stronger and declarative orange compositions.

EAU DE CARTIER ESSENCE D'ORANGE is much closer to another light orange scent I recently tried, The Different Company SIENNE D'ORANGE. Both of these creations may seem orange deficient next to the Hermès ORANGES VERTES or LITTLE ITALY. They are also neither very citrusy nor very bracing and aromatic.

I appear to be developing an addiction to violet leaf, so although I was initially disappointed by this flanker, having myself found it to be too light on the orange and too heavy on the violet leaf, I have to admit that I enjoy wearing it!

The bottle is beautiful--a case where it's nice to see repetition...

dinosgirl3
dinosgirl3

I am normally not a citrus fan, but I find this one to be wonderfully done. It's a perfect blend of sweet citrus and spice. The initial blast is all sweet and juicy orange with hints of bitter peel. After a moment it settles and these wonderfully warm and woodsy spices emerge. It is definitely a unisex scent - although the spices are a bit more on the masculine side. That is not a problem for me as I do enjoy wearing men's fragrances on occasion anyway. It wears close to the skin and is a fresh, slightly sweet, but subtley spicy scent that lasts for hours.

Aspendina
Aspendina

Hmmmm I am really lovin unisex scents these days. This is nice kinda like dried orange peel and pepper (might be the cedar). I really like it but not enough to pay full price but if I came across it for maybe $30 I might consider it.

Edit: this dryed down to wonderful creamy orange with only a hint of pepper/cedar smell. I have really fallen for this scent and could not stop smelling myself. I think I really do want this now, very much!

MademoiselleMimi
MademoiselleMimi

Wow! Beautiful, sweet orange rush to start with, mixed with slight Virginia cedar, which somehow compliments the orange very well... but then it starts to smell a bit like orange scented soap to me. I also detect a powder note upon dry down, which is not something I like. Finally, orange blossom appears, which is lovely. :)

Over all I like it, in spite of the slight soap association. Not sure I'd pay top dollar for this one, but it's not bad. :)

parfumeguru
parfumeguru

I tested this at Nordstrom's today along with the regular one. This started smelling like laundry detergent like Tide or Cheer within a few minutes. Not bad, but not for cooler weather days.

Dcarlo
Dcarlo

I have always loved the scent of oranges, it reminds me of my childhood summer time at my grannys farm. This year I received Essence D'Orange for my birthday and I just love it.
The fragrance is fresh, very fresh but somehow it smells sophisticated and elegant.
Its a shame that doesnt stay longer on your skin, but thats the same with all colognes. Anyways, its a pleasure re-applying it along the day.
One of those perfumes I will always keep with me!

airubgirl
airubgirl

For me this starts out with a huge blast of orange, but it's a sweet not bitter orange fragrance. I do get a bit of the cedar right away too, but it is a nice contrast the freshness of the citrus. It then morphs into a florally bouquet of orange blossom, violet and cedar and on me it turns into a sort of creamy scent at this stage. Again the cedar keeps making little appearances to keep it grounded. The final stage is very similar to the heart notes on me. There is absolutely no patchouli for me, which is a great thing in my opinion. Sillage is slight, this is a skin scent and that suits me just fine as I don't like obnoxious perfumes. Longevity is great, at the end of the day it is still lingering around.

This fragrance is incredibly unique and sexy. Definitely one worth adding to my collection!

talnyc
talnyc

I LOVE this fragrance....I find it better than the original Eau de Cartier. It is a wonderful summer citrusy/clean scent. I receive many complements on this scent...a little more than I did with the Eau de Cartier. If you like the Eau de Cartier, you will love Untitled by Maison Martin Margiela. I also think you will like Voyage de Hermes as it is like Eau de Cartier and Declaration combo.

For me, Essence d'Orange wins over Eau de Cartier. Untitled is also better than Eau de Cartier. Voyage de Hermes maybe on par with Eau de Cartier, or it may be a little bit better.

klopgovorun
klopgovorun

Thank you-thank you-thank you to the one and only NatalieZ for this gem of a perfume!!! :)) It's just brilliant... maybe it's a matter of chemistry, but on me this fragrance is not at all unisex, it's very subtle and feminine, fresh, juicy, a bit sweet and a tad spicy--a perfectly balanced work of art-LOVE IT! Can't get enough of it! :) This perfume is turning me into a sniffoholic :))

sisbro6
sisbro6

You know guys riadmahmud1 is my father? Thats why I came here to see that my father's 1 is still here or not. I like this too but longevity is really bad. I lasts for 30mins tops. So when i saw that logevity is bad, i was looking sad that day.

riadmahmud1
riadmahmud1

Opening is strong orange. Great for mornings before going to work, after shower etc. However, sillage is very poor. On me, it stays maybe 30mins tops. Then it is gone

aid
aid

I bought this one few weeks ago and never before I was so happy with fragrance. Smells really good, the opening is very fresh and quite strong but quickly fades away and from 30 min from applying it stays close to the skin... still smelling great but toned down. It's one of this fragrances that you just want to sniff 24/7.

longevity 8/10 (10h after spray I can still smell it on my skin - the base notes of course which are really pleasant) but:
sillage 3/10 (initial silage is great.. for up to 30 mins it's not that strong but it projects.. than after that time it stays really close to skin and you have to come really close to have a sniff of that stuff - which isn't bad thing really..) but it's all worth it because:
scent 9/10 !

Henriette
Henriette

I am not a big fan of Cartier frangraces for the unique reason that a jeweler must do the jeweler and a perfumer must do perfumes. I am surprised by this frangrance not by its being unique, revolutionary or else, but for its lasting power. Rarely have I witnessed such good staying power. It is one of the few "fresh" summery scents that lasts a bit. It deserves a mention of honour for this alone.

Heverton
Heverton

Eau de Cartier Essence d'Orange is an excellent choice for summer/spring. A scent that at first, as the name suggests, stands out for its dominant note of orange, with a hint of sweet and slightly spicy chords, but much more subtle than the spicy notes of Eau de Cartier Concentree.

Over time, the orange decays a little, giving rise to the violet, staying that way until the end, which takes around 5 hours on my skin;
And as in Eau de Cartier Concentree, Essence of Orange is an intimate fragrance, do not expect a fragrance that screams in the face of others ... perfect for couples, even more for being a unisex scent.

SPOILEDnose
SPOILEDnose

i love Eau de Cartier and i saw Eau de Cartier Essence d´Orange 100ml on ebay, bought it for 15 euros including shipping, i guess thats ok, even if its not that great like the classic Eau de Cartier...:) i guess 15 euros at least worth every cartier frag - no need to sample it before:)

myolderbrother
myolderbrother

This masculine scent opens with a rather nice citrus and quickly morphs into cedar. The marriage of these notes is nice but the lasting power isn't. Gone within an hour! This is a-m-a-z-i-n-g on my husband!!!!

andrew85
andrew85

for me this smells exactly like the original Eau de Cartier, its a wonderful creation by Cartier, fresh, clean, summery. just excellent like the original. if you have the original, you dont need this....

piperis
piperis

its sooooooooo delisuous perfume im man an im so happy whit this one so elegant ans summer jusst perfect ,my wife its crazy whit this one hehehehe

melancholybaby
melancholybaby

Wonderful opening scent - the orange scent is crisp, clean, not overpowering and neither sweet nor bitter. Unfortunately, 15 minutes later, little remains...while it is quite nice, it has even less lasting power that the original eau de Cartier (which is in my favorites for summer). So while I enjoyed the sample, I will not be investing in a bottle of any size.

Al Gharb
Al Gharb

Hi everybody - mostly those smelling nice;-)

It's my first review around - although I've been sniffing these website for many monthes ago.
Cartier et ses Eaus... - oh mon Dieu qu'il sent bon!
Wonderful opening sparkling orange blossom that kind you passing a garden full of orangiers...(and believe me I know what I'm talking about because I live in South Portugal in a land of top class orange farm producers dating Arabian Culture - Yes, not that entedious kind of orange smell JPG type! Almost freesing natural silently followed by flowers in the very same garden - Eden? - and the end what else but skillfuly crafted top class woodsy-patchouly... CLASS. Buy the big bottle and enjoy it - it's not unissex - it PLEASES everybody, man or woman!

carera
carera

dear jae
did you purchase it if yes please give us ur review about it and what its the similar smell . or if any one try it also give us advise

Endymion
Endymion

I want it, I want it, I want it! :)
I love all the versions of Eau de Cartier and I also love orange scents so this must be a winner (for me)! ;)

Eau de Cartier Essence d`Orange by Cartier 3.78 out of 5 based on 226 ratings and 38 user reviews

EAU DE CARTIER ESSENCE D'ORANGE for UNISEX by Cartier EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ
EAU DE CARTIER ESSENCE D'ORANGE for UNISEX by Cartier EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ
Eau De Cartier Essence D'orange Cologne by Cartier, 3.3 oz Eau De Toilette Spray unisex for Men
Eau De Cartier Essence D'orange Perfume by Cartier, 3.3 oz Eau De Toilette Spray unisex for Women
FragranceShop.com
Eau De Cartier Essence D'Orange by Cartier for Women Eau de Toilette Spray 3.3 oz
Perfume.com
Eau De Cartier Essence D'orange Perfume by Cartier - 3.3 oz Eau De Toilette Spray unisex
Perfume.com
Eau De Cartier Essence D'orange Cologne by Cartier - 3.3 oz Eau De Toilette Spray unisex
EAU DE CARTIER ESSENCE D'ORANGE for UNISEX by Cartier EDT SPRAY 6.7 OZ
EAU DE CARTIER ESSENCE D'ORANGE for UNISEX by Cartier EDT SPRAY 6.7 OZ
Eau De Cartier Essence D'orange Cologne by Cartier, 6.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray Unisex for Men
Perfume.com
Eau De Cartier Essence D'orange Cologne by Cartier - 6.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray Unisex
FragranceShop.com
Eau De Cartier Essence D'Orange by Cartier for Women Eau de Toilette Spray 6.7 oz
Cartier Eau De Cartier Essence d'Orange Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.3oz
Cartier Eau De Cartier Essence d'Orange Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.3oz
Eau De Toilette
Cartier - Eau de Cartier Essence D'Orange eau de toilette 3.3 fl.oz N-A - Beauty
Zappos.com
Cartier - Eau de Cartier Essence D'Orange Limited Edition EDT 3.3 oz. N A - Beauty
Cartier Eau De Cartier Essence d'Orange Eau De Toilette Spray 200ml 6.7oz
Cartier Eau De Cartier Essence d'Orange Eau De Toilette Spray 200ml 6.7oz
Eau De Toilette
Cartier - Eau de Cartier Essence D'Orange eau de toilette 6.75 fl.oz N-A - Beauty

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Cartier Eau de Cartier Essence d`Orange fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Cartier Eau de Cartier Essence d`Orange, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Eau de Cartier Essence d`Orange by Cartier. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Eau de Cartier Essence d`Orange by Cartier represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.