Designers » C » Chypre Floral « Groups

La Panthere Cartier for women
dislike

La Panthere Cartier for women Videos
La Panthere Cartier for women Pictures

La Panthère is the new fragrance for women from Cartier, launching in March of 2014. It draws inspiration from the heritage of the house: panther as a symbol of the brand and Panthère perfume from 1986. La Panthère was also the nickname of Cartier’s lover and muse Jeanne Toussaint. The new perfume is a symbol of freedom for 2014; it represents a woman who is independent, graceful and rebellious.

The fragrance is sensual and bold floral - chypre. It is created by perfumer Mathilde Laurent from central notes of gardenia and animalistic musk. The top of the composition exudes greenish - fruity mixture in the form of molecule styrallyl acetates, containing nuances of rhubarb, strawberries, dried fruit, apple and apricot. The heart is dominated by gardenia, selected as the main flower to avoid excessive oriental character and also as not so common ingredient amongst modern perfumes. Ketone musk and oak moss provide irrefutable chypre character.

The simple luxurious bottle of golden colors shows stylized face of panther, which gives the entire design a special signature and character. The face of the campaign is a model Erin Wasson, known for his cat-like facial features and boho style. The fragrance is available as 30, 50 and 75 ml Eau de Parfum.

Rhubarb Strawberry Dried Fruits

Gardenia

Musk Oakmoss

La Panthere Fragrance Reviews

drugstore classics
drugstore classics

GORGEOUS bottle, which sadly does not suit the notes.... Quelle Dommage!

deborahmorais
deborahmorais

Oh Lord I don't like this at all. It smells like powdery flower soap or something, with a hint of strawberry.

justaname
justaname

Reminds me so much of CLEA YVES ROCHER!! Only this one is a bit sharper, more flowery...

bananas
bananas

I tried this today for the first time & on my skin it really has the same scent sense of Agent Provocateur.

That is what I was reminded of soon after the dry-down began.
Does anyone else get this too?
Or maybe it is just my skin chemistry. So I feel no need to acquire this whilst I have the other. Beautiful though it is.

Sherihan
Sherihan

Strange as the notes description didn't mention the strong agarwood note that is the real dominant one here. Not for me.

lyciumchld
lyciumchld

Smooth, inky, dark, and furry is what La Panthere translates to on my skin. I've never smelled anything like it, and it is quite addictive. I really, really like it.

Also adding,
This is a mild cat, It is for young as it is for the old , I would think the mature ladies would find this sweet and young and modern and the younger girls would find it mature and elegant, as it's not your very typical fruity scent out there. It gets a little mature smelling due to the moss. The moss is faint but it's there , but no more than in Hugo Nuit or Bottega V, actually in Bottega it may be more dominant in my opinion. Old school? Yes maybe for some, but a young old school if you know what I mean. Much younger than chanel 22 or # 5 .
There are no chypre fragrances without moss, its part of it and many fragrances out there.
I can smell the fruits in Panther , not which ones in particular but certainly a sweetness that makes this extremely lovable and young and feminine along with the gardenia and musk it's such a pleasant perfume , elegant yet young , and yes since its Cartier I assume its likely not geared to teenagers.

Wow the review above me by lyciumchid is perfect, what a smart way to put this ,inky dark and fury , very well said!!!

moniote
moniote

Old school but on a Very positive Way ! Classy ..sultry ...And sensual
A Kind of nocturne fragrance !
A future classique !

jellybeantree

I respect every one who adores this fragrance. I have one word for it . Cloying and screechy . It stays for days. I find it very unpleasant. This is only my opinion and I don't want to offend anyone. Please wear with caution. I also find this fragrance mature smelling. For an older crowd . Like 50+

Germany

La Panthere, is in one word , Beautiful!!!
The flacon is a real jewel, designed by Cartier , I love the carved Panther that holds the juice in the heavy glass that surrounds it. Just beautiful. My husband even approved if this one, the bottle and the smell sold him completely that he actually bought it for me. This doesn't happen often, or never I should say. His usual comment is, you have enough!

Panther all in all is not a wild animal like Shalimar or Musk Ravanger, no skank, no loud roaring animal here, but rather a quiet tamed , domestic cat , that smells, sweet velvety and musky and has just came in from the outdoors leaving a small trace of earthy moss and extraordinary gardenias. Or wait , is that just how her fur smells all the time ?

I love the powdery sweet , slightly musky , velvety soft Panther. This is an every day and every night , all year around type of elegant but cozy , soft light fragrance by the house of Cartier.
For the young and old, it's ageless , beautiful and luxurious.

Now I want the extract as well. It will be even smoother and more powdery, they added iris to the extract. I really hope the extrait lasts longer and is more intense as I find this lacks a little in staying power and intensity.

suhaesa
suhaesa

i love the old one.. when heard about this one.. i was so excited.. i sampled it in a duty free while i was travelling.. i don't usually use alot of perfumes when travelling so i don't get nauseous..i sprayed it on my clothes along 2 other perfumes i initially thought i liked it..
i bought it 2 month later impulsively ..i usually test and retest almost 6 times before deciding on purchasing anything(these days..for the past 5 years) i am not as impulsive as i used to be ..and honestly there isn't much in the market that makes me go wow..
back to cartier ..i believe a prestigious company like this should not make a fruit jumble basket of mass production ..weirdness..sorry to say this ..i just don't know how to put it any nicer..its a fruitechulie basket.. with rotting peach and some weird syntheticness.. sticness.. modern.. ..young.. old.. weird.. composition that doesn't hold the name of cartier..maybe its made for the younger generations trying to be classic..
now for the nice part.. that fooled me initially ..i do like the juice colour the apricotnise but not the synthetics..maybe its a skin scent that is just not reacting good with my skin maybe others will enjoy it ..
it has a hint of sophistication.. a hint of classicness in a modern ..young ..fruity.. sickly sweet stickiness.. its just has an annoying back ground accord.. its a hidden jumble bumble of weird accords ..that don't accentuate one another.. its like a burning candle.. the cheap smell of burning fruity candles..its not deep or opulent its not velvety.. and its not light.. its lost somewhere in-between trying to please a new generation that is also lost in-between not knowing what real perfumery is and wanting something classy.. hip ..modern ..yet classic and want to have a Cartier.. the bottle is beautiful.. and the name is what made me buy it.. although i never rely on names when buying perfumes ..my nose is always the judge..i think i bought it due to the name and the fact that i loved the old cartiers and the bottle...
maybe the white florals a bit of indolic jasmine is showing up and annoying me as in the elie saab
anyway its a perfume perfect as a Christmas gift for its packegeing and comes in impressive gift sets...

HanamiTsukimi
HanamiTsukimi

This is lush and heady, a fragrance for a woman who feels womanly and isn't afraid of letting the world around her know it - because they will know it. I hate to use the word "mature" but "mature" is the most descriptively efficient adjective I can think of.

I think gardenia is gorgeous but in small doses. This is over the top for me. Both times I've tested it I've sprayed it on my ankle to be safe but the heaviness somehow defies gravity and relentlessly assaults my nose.

PerfumeEmpress
PerfumeEmpress

My husband gave me this for our anniversary and I am over the moon. This is such an elegant, femenine scent. It's luxury in a bottle. I do admit that I'm a spicy/oriental/heady scent sort of person. But this is truly a quality scent. I never wore this w/o getting tons of compliments. I was in France in July and a gentleman asked me what was the "divine" scent I was wearing. Still, even if those who don't like it certainly must admit it is a fine creation.

violetta1975
violetta1975

I work in a hotel at the reception. There was a woman in the lobby the other day, she just passed the reception and the whole lobby was blooming in this amazing scent what she left. I had to know what she was wearing. I knew her room number so I went up to her room and in the bathroom there it was. Cartier La Panthere. This was 2 days ago. Today I bought it. I am addicted to it. I cannot say what it smells like but it is a fantastic scent. Creamy, warm and sexy. I dont know how i never tried this treasure before in the perfume shops. Probably from the bottle it smells different than on skin. I am in love!!

weegee
weegee

I happily, even joyously concur with reviewer auroramaria saying La Panthere reminds her of my beloved and discontinued Must II, also by Cartier.

A few weeks ago I was sent a sample of LP by a kind & most generous member and loved it immediately but knew it reminded me of another fragrance I loved but couldn't put my finger (nose?) on which one -- and it's been been a nagging mystery until I read auroramaria's review today.

The natural, not sugary, sweetness of dried fruits, the tang of rhubarb and the summery, red juice of fresh strawberries burst forth right from the top as if La Panthere will be a fruity gourmand. BUT this fruity blend is almost immediately transformed into a complex & even slightly woody chypre by the smooth infusion of oakmoss. This is no fruity gourmand, this is an extraordinarily sophisticated (and very, very French) floral fruity chypre... and I didn't think such a creature existed!

Oddly, my nose picks up neither musk nor gardenia, which is NOT a favorite for me, so I applaud the expert blending. I suspect the "hidden" musk & gardenia are responsible for the slightly naughty animalic aspect that used to come from civet, and this "naughty floral" blend really tickles my fancy! The animalic aspect differentiates it from Must II but nonetheless, to my nose the similarity, happily, remains.

I have the original Panthere and find no similarity whatsoever, but this isn't a bad thing! Far from it! I do love original Panthere but honestly think La Panthere surpasses it. La Panthere is an absolutely gorgeous & modern-feeling STUNNER! I'm over the moon with its similarity to Must II but you need not have known Must II to fall in love with La Panthere, which has just catapulted to #1 on my "want" list.

In La Panthere I find the unquestionably high quality, marvelous longevity and sillage I've come to expect from Cartier. Love it, love it, LOVE it and simply MUST (II) have it! :)

kay0981
kay0981

After almost three decades, Cartier brings forward a new interpretation of the classic, ‘feral’ floral, Panthere. Like many other perfume lovers, I was really excited to try this; and although I am not completely head over heels with it, I do find it quite gorgeous. The new La Panthere is elegant and sophisticated; unusual, and with a nice modern edge. The vintage spirit of this fragrance is still there - captured in the classic, slightly old-fashioned chypre heart; filled with rich, almost bitter-smelling oakmoss and soft musk. It’s a beautifully blended composition, and a lot more tame and approachable than I expected. I was prepared for a lot more spiciness, and some really strong animalic vibes, but I found none of that. In a way, you could say that this panther has lost its claws. This is worlds apart from the original viscous, dark, bold 'femme-fatale' Panthere as it was back in 1986. I’m not complaining, though – I think that Cartier did a really clever thing there by adapting, evolving this classic fragrance to suit modern consumers. It’s a balanced harmony of old and new, and it works really well!

As for the composition itself – like I said, this is a modern floral chypre with a bold, classic feel to it. Despite the official notes, I don’t pick up on much rhubarb or strawberry, and there is but a hint of dried fruits in the opening. Soft, powdery gardenia rules the heart of the composition, paired with the beautiful, fragrant, vintage-like oakmoss. The quality of this scent is really top-notch; everything is beautifully blended, and smells incredibly expensive and luxurious – truly upholding the elegant image of the Cartier label. This is the kind of scent that will smell good on any woman; it’s confident, glamorous and very lady-like. Powerful enough to make a statement and let you be noticed, but without being loud and obnoxious. Overall, a wonderful job from Cartier, worthy of a place in every perfume collection. :)
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

beavisbonce
beavisbonce

Weird. The nearest thing that I can describe this as is the eraser used on a chalk board. Not stale or dusty just kind of dense and thick. One spray has lasted on my arm three days and still going so thumbs up if it's your thing and you want it to last.

auroramaria
auroramaria

LP has nothing in common with amazing Panthere and I don't know why Cartier decided to give it such a name.
LP reminds me of a discontinued beauty called Must II for ladies,that was an Oriental aromatic.
Anyway LPis a breath of fresh air so different from nowadays sweet offerings.
It opens fruity with rhubarb as a prominent note tehen dries down floral with gardenia and musk.
Not many notes but very well blended.
LP is a very elegant fragrance that will make you feel great wearing it and will be complimented

MeThePerson
MeThePerson

Oh dear, I'm at a loss for words at the moment...
I looked at the notes, considered the possible effects, wondered and hoped, and set this aside as one to try at the next opportunity- looking forward to a nice long settling period on the skin to allow the development and see what occurred.
Not for me at all. The only notes I got, through initial spray to finally scrubbing through my tan after four hours of dry wretching, were an overdose of Anise and Cinnamon, the only other note I could bear to identify was the earthy Oakmoss that did not serve to benefit the other notes. It is a shame in this case that this review is affected by my reticence with heavily laden Aniseed perfumes and the fact that my only thoughts are memories of those Jawbreaker sweets that completely killed your taste buds(Fireballs?).
I'm sorry that I cannot be any more critical in a constructive sense in this case, just to say that I felt nauseous throughout the time it was on my skin. Sorry.
Striking bottle though, probably because of the panther image that I was expecting something more demure, slinky and seductive. Oh well, first impressions can be deceiving, interesting that I'm not the only one thinks the listed notes are misleading.

nayesha
nayesha

I love cartier baiser du dragon but unfortunately this one is really nothing special except for the bottle ... I did purchase it blindly and all I love about it is the beautiful bottle :(

actually what I smell is nothing like the notes listed here(except for oakmoss and chypre smelling)
I guess lunching La panthere was a good news for ladies who complain about the new fruity or fruitchouli trend in perfume world.it smells very much like classic perfumes,the ones which are mostly designed for real mature ladies and the name matches well the perfume.
strawberry?!fruity?!I don't feel any of these.I just feel an earthy chypre aroma mixed with some sweet notes and flowers and wait...no patchouli listed here?what about rose?!I'm just confused.from the notes I thought I could wear it easily,as I love the listed notes,but now I think maybe it's a better choice for my mother.
the aroma is not a monster sillage and can be worn easily during day to diffuse a romantic aura in office or other work places.

borninamerica
borninamerica

This fragrance smells young, sweet, and very fruity on me...think cherry lifesavers. This is not a mature, sophisticated nor alluring vixen scent for me despite the fact that I generally swoon at the smell of gardenia, oakmoss, and musk. Oriental? My nose is not picking up that intent.

Sillage and longevity are moderate. The bottle is beautiful...but I'll pass on this one.

dolcethadon
dolcethadon

A family member was interested in La Panthere and wanted my opinion on it.. Well I was able to smell it at Macy's and what do you know I was impressed, not just by the scent but by the beautiful feline bottle.. I sprayed it on my wrist and as soon as the scent hit my nostrils I knew it was some good stuff.. It goes on a bit strong and floral but it smells great.. I don't get much rhubarb, strawberry, or dried fruits right away because everything is blended so well that it is hard to detect individual notes.. The gardenia is very pronounced at first but as the scent progresses the gardenia calms down and gives way for other notes to shine.. The musk and the oakmoss is gorgeous and gives La Panthere a very classic chypre vibe.. As this fragrance starts to calm down I get some hints of strawberry and the dried fruits which is very nice along with the oakmoss.. Overall La Panthere is a very nice pink modern chypre floral with just enough sweetness from the fruit to appeal to younger generations, but it still is a bit mature.. La Panthere is a beautiful take on a classic chypre and I definitely recommend this scent to women! It is warm, sexy, unique, classy, and it will stand out from everything else on the shelves.. Great new release from the house of Cartier..

GalInGlasses
GalInGlasses

I was hoping to like this, but I've tried it a couple times now, and there is something about it that smells kind of weird to me. Every time I've tried it, my first association has been with the smell of nail polish remover. I get some kind of rosy, acetone-y, slightly fruity smell. As it dries down, the fruitiness becomes more apparent, but I just don't think I would really want to smell like this. Would love to smell it on someone whose skin makes it smell beautiful!

luistdc
luistdc

I am totally smitten with this fragrance from Cartier. I bought it for my wife as I found it sophisticated and extremely pleasant. really love it!

lacana7
lacana7

I found in this perfume a soft powder,no strong notes,this is not long lasting,lineal,simply and clean .
the bottle is really amazing...
not recommended for blind purchases.

Tovah
Tovah

Absolutely mesmerizing! A jewel of seduction.

canadianpetite
canadianpetite

On my skin, it starts woody. In five minutes, some floral show up. WIthin an hour, flowers are replaced by leather and soft patchouli which remain until the end. From start to finish, it didn't wow me although it is different than the usual aquatic or sugary offerings of late. Although sillage stays pretty close the wearer, longevity can be as long as eight hours during which it morphs into different scents. Feral? No. If you're expecting strong, animalic r-o-w-r scent, look elsewhere. It's sophisticated and polished - more suitable to women who do lunch or brunch and tote nothing cheaper than Chanel or Prada handbags (obviously not me). Love the bottle but won't need a bottle…perhaps when I'm much older.

One spray on me
Sillage: about six inches with no trail
Longevity: eight hours or more
Rating: 2/5 but will test again in a few years

clausa
clausa

Long time I did not like so much perfume, original, stylish and classy as you can do cartier! Make! cheers for mathilde laurent

dsty
dsty

I'm having a hard time making up my mind about la panthère. I thought I was going to love it, because the note list is simple enough and I like the combination in theory. In practise I can't smell any of the top notes, which are the ones that made the list interesting in my food-loving eyes: no strawberry, no rhubarb, no dried fruits. Only a vague, sweet, flowery smell mixed with a general "perfume" smell, which must be the oakmoss (I'm still not very experienced). And I had to sniff my wrist several times while I wrote those lines just to come up with that much of a description, it's so vague and confusing. Not bad, maybe it's just too sophisticated for me, but I can't even decide whether I like it or not...I'll revisit this sample later.

Neanderthal
Neanderthal

La panthere is a nocturnal animal. Unapologetic and individual. In a world of strange disappearing fragrances, she leaps forward to claim her space. While being indolic, La Panthere is by no means feral. Think of a black panther wearing diamonds on her collar. She belongs to a king and has the run of the palace. Majestic and beautiful, all others fear her.La Panthere is musk heavy with a beguiling richness of depth, created in a similiar vein of the 90s releases, it resonates as real 'perfume'. La Panthere is a regal creature. She makes an impression and will get you noticed. Wear it if you dare.

Raquel73
Raquel73

This parfum, is the best that I have smelled the last years.The firts spray is Wow! real Ruhbarb,more later open a soft Gardenia mixed with Strawberry.Not so sweet,perhaps more acid than sweet.Very femenine,I think that in summer night work super!
Long lasting + 10 hours
Sillage moderate.

CarrieWhite
CarrieWhite

I think it suits better a mature woman. Not bad at all, it's really elegant.

rockegg
rockegg

I always try to give fragrance a "nose-blind" test to see what I think it smells like before I read what they wanted it to smell like. The first thing that jumped out at me was plastic. Just plain plastic. I see now that it says above the top notes contain "molecule styrallyl acetates." Have to give someone points for honesty. We all know perfumes are not made of the essence of flowers and plants which they willingly donate to us, squeezing out little drops into our waiting bottles. They're really made from chemicals (for the most part). But to tell us a chemical is the top note is fantastic, because that's exactly what it smells like.

After the dry down the gardenias and oak moss showed up to save the day. This is a combative scent, not at all comfortable or relaxing. I can see a high pressure female executive wearing this in the office. Perhaps an attorney. She would get up in the morning, drink a lot of coffee, put on her La Panthere, and then look out, world!

It's a little harder to imagine our attorney in the arms of her lover, with him saying, "My love, the smell of your molecule styrallyl acetates is so intoxicating."

Edit: this grew on me the longer I wore it. I think I'm going to have to buy this one.

Edit two: I love this. My new favorite.

Whit
Whit

I had this but I've already sent it back. While I can't argue with longevity, that darned gardenia note just didn't mix with my skin. I'm slowly realizing that gardenia just doesn't agree with my body chemistry.

On my skin, La Panthere had a "baby wipe" aroma (clean, of course) and unfortunately, it was present even in the dry down. I couldn't get past it and decided it wasn't worth it to keep if I wasn't thrilled about it. I'm not saying this isn't a nice frag, it is and it does have a vintage vibe going for it. It just didn't agree with my skin, which is unfortunate because I really wanted to like it. On the flip side, I really liked my sample of Carven Le Parfum that was included, so much that I exchanged for it instead. Sorry Cartier, you're just hit or miss with me, and La Panthere was a total miss. :(

waternight
waternight

Opens plastic-sweet, fruit-scented plastic doll, sharp and synthetic, cloying. Dirty, earthy oakmoss backs it up a bit and keeps it from screeching too highly, but the combination is discordant. Just a suggestion of a big white gardenia hovering in the background. The screeching candy top notes calm down after a few short minutes, and the musk and oakmoss are much more present, but the sweet fruity notes are firmly there, making this a strange, almost bipolar scent. The gardenia is hiding, but I can see how people can read roses from this scent. Takes on an almost salty note.
12 hours later – fading wisps of musk and oakmoss with the suggestion of candy on top.

Overall, not for me at all. I just can't get past the candy-plastic fruits.

kati77

I agree with Samah ,on me too its smells like a fancy soap. I wish i could detect a gardenia ,but on my skin it doesnt exist.
I wish i loved La Panthere, i like a lot original Panther ,but this one is so much modern its not a young sister of first perfume.
I will try to like it another way.

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

I agree it smells a bit like Diane EDP by Diane Von Furstenberg! In fact I thought I smelled violets in La Panthere (which typically smell flat and green on me), but when I looked at the notes, I saw the rhubarb and dried fruits created this greenish effect. That didn't last too far into the dry-down, though. The gardenia is easily detectable but softened and made powdery by the musk and oakmoss. Usually oakmoss smells a little sour on me, but here it is surprisingly sweet and delicate. (I didn't detect any strawberry whatsoever.)

La Panthere feels like a cross between a modern floral chypre and a vintage floral chypre. I like the style of this, but not how the gardenia smells on my skin. I prefer rose in a composition like this.

schamberae

you won't believe that la panthere is won over the coco chanel. this morning I sprayed Coco twice, but kinda boring and I layered only a dab ( I have the miniature 5ml) and La Panthere beat the Coco. WOW..!! I didn't smell a whif of Coco at all. hopefully they sale the 100ml here in Indonesia because I looooove this perfume.

gritzalimaria@yahoo.gr
gritzalimaria@yahoo.gr

it is perfect, nothing more, nothing less... veeeeery feminine, strong but dreamy, i love this smell, i have already one bottle and i want to buy another one!

BenBnBe
BenBnBe

This is beautiful,very feminine,a real women perfume!
Ooh,how i love love love it,it`s sooo beautiful!
At first it was fruity,but than..........magic!It turns into a realy gorgeous fruity woody,oak moss fragrance with a creamy light gardenia!It`s sooo beautiful,very enchanting fragrance,for fall is the perfect scent!
I am in love,love love!

Samah
Samah

It smells like an expensive soap on me, too bad because after I read the comments here it seems like a nice perfume.

At first I thought I would not like it, because it just was not in my style, too 'dry'. However, after an hour it started to be really nice! Mossy floral with a bit of something that smells like wood.
All in all, quite interesting fragrance.

Lipglossjunkee
Lipglossjunkee

This was SO sharp on me!!

It is very very floral, I get no fruity at all with my chemistry, and I can't even detect that this is gardenia so much as a huge sharp bunch of flowers.

About 90 minutes in, I get the drydown, and the drydown was actually a lot more lovely. It became a sweetish floral instead of so sharp, and I could detect some oakmoss and a softer edge.

I can see how this has a following because it seems like a very elegant fragrance, and I love elegance. But with my body chemistry this was all sharp edges and took too long to get to the good part.

This would be one I would consider actually testing again in 6 months when the weather gets cooler, to see if the composition changes for me, but I would not purchase a full bottle.

kikinha
kikinha

New version of Animale. Still smells like the 80's though...

MademoiselleMaya
MademoiselleMaya

On a rainy spring day it opens surprisingly fruity on me. It's all about rhubarb and strawberry with gardenia peeking out from behind the fruity wall. It leaves a fruity-musky trail, and it's recognizably Cartier in style. Unfortunately it clings close to the skin after 3 hours.

ancaan
ancaan

After reading all the reviews and giving the fact that I'm a sucker for floral and modern chypres, I said to myself: what the heck, I'll just blind buy this one. Oh boy, I am so glad I did! My package arrived, teared up the cellophane around the box and I got a whiff of a gorgeous scent. Even my perfume box is scented. "Oh god, could this be it? Please, please DO smell like this!" So, splashed it one time on my forearm, closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I'm in heaven! This is gorgeous! Utterly feminine, sophisticated, classy and so sexy!
Now, the weird thing is that I smell rose. Where did this come from? Taking a look of the notes listed, this should not happen. But I don't know, I guess mixing gardenia with rhubarb gives this perfume a rosy scent. A vintage pink rose that is modernized. Which eventually reminded me of Chloe Chloe. To me, La Panthere is somehow similar to Chloe, not the scent in particular, but more the character of it. It is however edgier, more translucent is fizzier, if that makes sense.
I do not get tons of oakmoss which is great, because I guess I wouldn't have loved this perfume as much as I do. La Panthere has a personality of a classy grown up woman who never miss a chance to seduce her lover. I see a tall woman with long soft curly blond hair, a tight midi backless red dress and pointy stilettos.

The longevity of this perfume is amazing! After spraying it onto my arm, I could still smell it even after 24 hours. Projection is very good and the bottle, oh, the bottle is gorgeous! I love thick heavy glasses! It looks and feels luxurious.

anna.glowacka
anna.glowacka

I was hoping that La Panthere would 'wow' me. I was expecting scent with kick, balancing on the edge. What i got is just tiny kitten instead of panther. It's very soft on me with medium longevity. At the beginning it smells very fruity but as the time passes by it gets more dense with hint of something powdery. Unfortunately at the end it got sour on me (rhubarb?) and because of that not wearable. For me it has a lot in common with Si Armani, the same pleasant opening but then disappointing sourness.

amyewest
amyewest

Tried a sample and so wanted to like it. The bottle is just wonderful. But to me, it was an overwhelmingly acetone heavy scent. I couldn't smell anything other nail polish remover and maybe cold cream. I said that the sillage was huge, but it's more like piercing. Once it was in my nose, I couldn't get it out and it really spread throughout my bedroom. Had to toss it bc it was just too persistent. I wish I could have smelled what other reviewers did, but no spices, no fruit, nothing but acetone. Bummer.

Gina Lungu

Today, I was in the supermarket, and my husband found me right away, saying: "I could have sworn it was you, you smell unique!". I was wearing "La panthere"... Incredibly longlasting and quite a masterpiece, I'd say!

Henriette
Henriette

Very beautiful scent. To my nose it is similar to the vintage Halston Classic, same exceptional lasting power, same complexity.
What I love most about this La Panthére is the way it develops on the skin: too often the new scents have led us through a sleeping slope faster than light. La Panthére develops subtly: from fruits of the head to flowers in the middle and then finally to woods and spices of the drydown. The rhubarb note (one which I do not particularly love) here is used in a very lovely way adding bitterness to a symphony that would otherwise be too sweet.
I find this scent very well balanced, very well composed and with a phenomenal lasting power.
One thing I would recommend is using La Panthére very sparigly applying only one or two sprays if you are going to head to your office, a cinema, a dinner.
But on the other side the fact that you do not have to bathe in perfume makes your dosage running all day long without the need to reapply it.
Go for it!!!

oona noir
oona noir

Mature, and a LOT of rose came through on my skin. I'm surprised that rose isn't even listed in the notes. Strange.

bashe
bashe

the chypre opening reminds me little bit of Ungaro Fever 4 Her. and the drydown is sooo sweet. this is definitely a must have for me this autumn. very edgy, grown up smell, very sophisticated. this perfume clearly spreads a message that you are woman, not girl anymore.

schamberae

I should wear this perfume on Grammy Award with my gold or red silk dress, updo my hair, red lips, small diamond earings. oooh what an amazing scent cartier.

update : I saw this is similar to Diane von Furstenberg, and one of the reviewer mentioned that Diane remind her of Lovely SJp, and SJP is so close to Narciso Rodriguez EDP. and yeessss I found that la Panthere has the same sweetness musky to Narciso. but Still La Panthere is the best.

Catty
Catty

This is what I call A REAL WOMAN´S PERFUME!

What a wonderful surprise!!!!

La Panthere clearly inherited all the strong and exotic personality from Panthere launched in 1986, thanks to the dried fruits + Gardenia combination.

This scent has its roots in the 80´s School, but at the same time it develops very soft, classy and quietly; this is its 21th century side.

This is for a "power woman" who doesn´t need to prove nothing to no one anymore; she stands for, for what she really is and conquered.

For me, one of the best scents out there! really great!

Kanz Oman
Kanz Oman

Soo much reminds me of lalique Fluer De Cristal. one of the unique scents ..

kl99
kl99

After Coco Noir here we are with another gorgeous fragrance that actually is more than vintage and easily could be a forgotten treasure set between the middle of the 70s and the firsts 80s. Those that usually companies discontinued between the "larmes" of the "aficionados."
To me is very close to Coriandre de Jean Couturier (the original version) and Paloma Picasso. Both scream oakmoss. And both are similar to Eau de Soir de Sisley. The fans of Knowing also will appreciate it. What I am saying is that is not so original but a great return. A delicious universal classic with class very feminine. The panther face is inside the bottle in touch with the fragrance.. what a symbol! what a design! genial.

stitchywitch
stitchywitch

Beautiful and quite well done. A modern chypre for the chypre lovers (you know who you are.) I don't always enjoy oakmoss on myself, but it isn't overdone here. Slightly floral in the initial blast, but it quickly dries down. I get just enough sweetness that it doesn't feel dry, but not enough to change the character of the scent. It's very strong and long lasting, and sillage is fantastic. Not full bottle worthy to me (I like my vintage style scents more powdery) but I appreciate it, and I'm glad scents like this are still being produced!

sparkybish
sparkybish

This, friends, is a perfume for those who like to be perfumed. When I put this on, it is crisp and floral, but also distinct and bold. It lasts for hours, projects nicely, but not obnoxiously, and went through a nice transformation through the drydown. This perfume finishes your ensemble. It is not for the meek, because you will be asked what you are wearing, and you will have to say "It's La Panthere by Cartier". Are you down with that? Good, because I am.

Pari88
Pari88

This is Belle d Opium! I love Belle d Opium its in my top ten list. I find Panthere to be the same smell yet opposite personality of Belle d Opium. Belle is the Moon light and Panthere is the Sun light. Belle is sensual and strong but shy, intimate, keeps secrets, serious, and holds more of an ethereal quality as the scent wafts around you, probably best attributed to the incense. Panthere is sensual and laughs loudly, dramatic, but still strong, melds in, not serious, cozy and warm. Belle is of Eastern culture, ancient, Panthere is of Western culture, a melting pot, new. I love both, but I prefer Belle for its subtle flirtiness and mystery. Panthere amps up the fruit notes and gets rid of a lot of the incense in Belle d Opium. It replaces the incense with oakmoss, which is highly noticable in the drydown. Will I purchase a full bottle of Panthere? Probably not, as I am more then content with my Belle. But, for those who enjoyed Belle but could not handle the incense, I highly suggest you try Panthere. It really is the Sun light version of it.

Arlete AlBanna
Arlete AlBanna

This perfume is just amazing.
It makes me fell so feminine and confident.

deda147
deda147

I have to agree with pronose. Tested this one on a blotter. At first it reminded me of a fresher, sweeter version of Agent Provocateur EdP, but he made a spot on comment on how similar this fragrance is to Declaration d'un soir. Whereas DuS is a bit more colder more woody, La Panthere dries down to roughly the same scent, although a bit more fruity that's slightly bitter. It's still a good scent though; it doesn't strike me as particularily feminine. It's a fresh, slighty apricotty floral with a bitter edge. Would recommend this one to people who find AP too suffocating and DuS a bit too flat.

pronose
pronose

this is the clone of declaration nuit by cartier for men! a weird scent for womens!

blackw0lfx
blackw0lfx

definitely a vintage vibe going on here. like a woman who uses a lovely vintage handbag, or wears a stunning vintage bracelet. its a sweet fragrance but its mature. i would say 30+ yr old fragrance. it is really wonderful and i want to own a bottle. i would say its green, sweet , and floral. i think its a great nighttime fragrance. sexy and mature. i think for me it may be a bit too mature. a bit too sophisticated.

i usually dont care about bottles but this bottle is amazing! i love it!

blueviolet
blueviolet

Love to try this perfume. However, a note to fragrantica, Haven't you miss gendered Erin? In the description you refer to her as "he".

jellybeantree

I got a sample of this one and I was intrigued at the first spray . It is different and unusual, I smell the gardenia and the deep woodsy background but after a while it just smelt odd on me. A little too strange for my tastes , could not warm up to it. I think it is definitely interesting and unique though . Not something I have smelled before.

hollyc
hollyc

Had such high hopes for this. When I first spritzed in Sephora it opened with the most glamorous melange of gardenia and musk. Very, very elegant. A perfume for grownups. I walked around the store for about 45 minutes and it was still great. Snagged the large bottle and headed home. Two hours later I could have cried. Nothing but burnt cherry lifsavers. Cheap, toxic and nauseating. I've tried a lot of fragrances that change somewhat but this is unbelievable. It bore NO resemblance AT ALL to it's initial promise and it is only lovely for about an hour. How sad. I'm sure that perfumers are beyond frustrated with the chemical components they are left to work with since the IFRA regulations came into play. How terribly, terribly sad.

nebbe
nebbe

Disappointment for me, on my skin I get gummy bears.

suile
suile

Tried it today, am very sad that I didn't like it - the oakmoss is too strong for me. Am just not used to this style of chypre anymore. Didn't get the higher fruity notes for more than a few minutes. Has a vintage feel to me, but not in a good way.

novalgen
novalgen

It reminds me of the perfume my great aunt used to wear :) I liked it but I wouldn`t wear it for 2 reasons,first my husband hates the oriental scents ,second it makes me feel old :(

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

This is a very vintage smelling chypre and it's quite well done, I must say, but since I hate oakmoss more than any other note, needless to say it was not for me. Panthere has great sillage in the first couple of hours and then moves down a notch to a more reasonable sillage. The gardenia is huge and indolic in the first couple of hours and then begins to blend well with the musks and moss. I smell woods in this as well, which are nice and make the drydown pleasant. If you love this on your skin, go for it, it's definitely a well crafted fragrance. Since I am a floral oriental girl, not a true vintage chypre lover, my bottle is going back from whence it came.

Konst.
Konst.

Paraphrasing Ernest Beaux: a woman should smell like a woman and not like a caramel cup-cake drowned in vanilla sauce and raspberry syrup.
Thank you Cartier for this wonderfull modern chypre!!!

hanson26

I finally tested this on my skin, WOW! It was pretty indolic smelling on the paper strip, so I was afraid to try it, but on my skin it's an incredible chypre. It is much more closely related to the classic chypre than then today's variation, however, it manages to still smell very modern. It smells... well, expensive. Glamorous and sophisticated at the same time. I feel like I have a lot more money than I actually do when wearing this. As far as notes go, the only single note I can really pick out is the oakmoss, the rest is too seamlessly blended, and I don't really smell dried fruits, gardenia, or strawberry, just this lovely perfume. Longevity is excellent, and the projection is great, but it's also really airy. I used three sprays, and I could smell it around me without having to sniff my wrists, but at the same time it's not dense or suffocating at all. It just gently floats around you. Perfection by Cartier, and a real surprise among modern perfumes!

StellaXYH
StellaXYH

When I sprayed Cartier La Panthère on a blotter and waited a while, I actually detected a gentle animalic touch. But it doesn't translate on my skin as such, and I don't really mind since I'm not a die-hard fan of 'animalic' notes.

Instead, I find the fruity notes in La Panthère dominate on my skin. At first, strawberry and rhubarb, which then become more like apricot. Sometimes, berries, such as strawberry note, can be sugary or like hard candy. But in La Panthère, these fruity notes are more like jelly/gummy, and they're demure, of which I appreciate more.

The gardenia in La Panthère seems more like an abstract nuance. And the oakmoss underneath provides an earthy, leathery tone. Combined with apricot, it creates an illusion of osmanthus, which is a delightful surprise to me.

La Panthère stays close on my skin and the scent is sheer, but it still wafts. The longevity is around 10 hours. La Panthère is probably nothing extraordinary, but elegantly youthful, beautfiully done nontheless. And the structural bottle, although not as striking as in the picture, is still amazingly exquisite. I wouldn't mind grabbing one small bottle when the right opportunity presents itself.

simbeast
simbeast

as previous reviewers have pointed out, la panthere has many qualities of a vintage perfume, but it's all pulled together in a way that is attractive to modern consumers (and i don't just mean the amazing bottle).

the notes themselves aren't terribly appealing to me personally, but i love how la panthere makes a strong statement without being overpowering. it's a perfectly balanced chypre of greenish rhubarb and dried fruit, seductive white flowers, and mitsouko-esque oakmoss. i don't get much strawberry, it seems to come and go in waves, but there's a refreshing sour quality (maybe from the rhubarb?) that makes this a very elegant perfume.

i'll admit it, i bought la panthere mainly for the bottle (and maybe just a tiny erin wasson girlcrush), but i'm really happy with it, i would say it has filled a void in my wardrobe that i never even knew existed.

Chiquis
Chiquis

WOW no wallflower here! This is PERFUME perfume! Unapologetically bold, girl power feminine, yet slightly powdery… And that bottle… Very cool. This is a powerhouse, ready for the boardroom. I can only see powerful women wearing this: Hillary Clinton or Oprah or all the modern day Rosie the Riveter types out here that bust their butts everyday. Smart, ambitious… I could go on and on because I’m so impressed. It’s the antithesis of every girly girl, pink bowed perfume I own… AND I LOVE IT!!! I think at 27 years old this might be more mature than I am currently, but I don’t care. I really want a bottle!

The dried fruits note stands front and center, scaffolded by a mossy, earthy sexy base. Dries into a sensual powdery something. Mature and sexy.... ROAR! No kittens allowed!

I tried not to have high expectations about this new one, because I didn't want to feel disappointed. I told myself: "You see, the world has changed, you cannot expect something like the old original Panthère!"
Indeed old Panthere in EdP was a blissful experience... and I was so much in love with Cartier So Pretty :-(
Sandalwood could be the reason for discontinuing such beauties.
I really don't care for Cartier de Lune and loathe Delices.
Now this Panthere comes with a "La" before and in a weird bottle. I don't like it so much. Too squared and masculin for my likes.
Anyway I tried it for a few times and I got a sample.
I didn't expect such a perfume.
It's a brave perfume for these times! Brave Cartier! While the Whole world seems to have sunk into a giant vat of synthetical syrupy candy fruit, Cartier dares to launch a perfume that smells like Lady!
It's a new one, but made of gardenia and quite an animalic edge. I smell rhubarb in the opening and I don't know if it is that note that makes a strange effect of spicy broth.
A thick white flower, a spicy Indian broth and an good-mannered animal in the end... wait! this is Belle d'Opium!
It took me 5 minutes to detect the resemblance, but this is not a copycat at all.
I like La Panthère. It's something I could wear it passed the strong animalic first impression and smell rich lady.
I would see this one on one of those highly fashionable and overjeweled tall Russian ladies that fill the expensive stylist stores in the centre of the city and come out loaded with bags.
Nothing ever close to me.
It smells like a modern version of a very ladylike elegant perfume that could be worn in the 50s or in the 70s.
Belle d'Opium is more gentle and fresher.
La Panthère has a darker and heavier side that gradually fades and becomes more mellow, but the impact is strong, not a bit of sugary sweetness, not even dried fruit sweetness, but it's not bitter either.
It's a daring launch in this market.
It comes as a relief. I think that I would have liked it less if we weren't given so many candies.

sirop de Liège
sirop de Liège

I received a sample of this and I've been wearing La Panthere since yesterday. Reading the notes I was expecting a sweet floral but to my surprise it is not sweet at all. I was pleasantly surprised to find a perfume which goes against the current trends of overly sweet and cloying fruity florals. This one is so much more a chypre to me, it is refreshing compared to the new perfumes I have sampled the past year! Very different, a breathe of fresh air, very sophisticated and adult. My compliments to the people of Cartier for doing something completely different from the rest! The gorgeous bottle is a bonus!

vicknasty
vicknasty

Here Baiser Volé is keeping Yvresse on a tight leash, and I like it.

BiancaDrumea
BiancaDrumea

This is one of the best fragrances I've smelled this season. I absolutely love it , it is so elegant and it is not boring at all. I did not read anything about it before and good I did not because I would have never tried it due to the fact I imagine a very girly/teen boring scent from the notes mentioned above which is not at all. I'll get a bottle as soon as I go back to one of the stores that carries it.

melia
melia

Panthere is an air, not an attack. It has this luxurious but classy aura, something for women with confidence and with a slightly fiery character. It would suit a black dress, worn to a dinner party with friends, where the lady wearing Panthere would be wanting to be in the centre of attention; by simply getting it and not grabbing it.

pelega
pelega

Diane von Furstenberg and La panthere both are they similar:)but I prefer La Panthere,because sillage is very good

hanson26

I only tested this on the paper strip. Holy indoles!! It was beautiful besides all the indoles I got, but I didn't want to try it on my skin because I had somewhere to go and didn't want to risk it being too indolic on me. The bottle is a work of art. Not only is it gorgeous, but it's so heavy and feels expensive (as it should, it is expensive!). I'll have to try it again, but I'm starting to think gardenia isn't really in the cards for me. It tends to smell very indolic to me :(

Gina Lungu

Classy, elegant, sophisticate, very longlasting. Yes, Cartier, you are my favourite! Along with Baiser vole, this one is also my favourite now! Beware: not for the young ladies! It's powerful , mature, sexy, but for 30 plus, in my opinion.

gamos
gamos

I just tried it today, and really liked it. I would not call it fruity though. It smells more green,a bit metallic at the beinning, with a kind of very subtle sweetness. When it dries down it gets a little warmer and with some imagination I could smell "dried fruit" but it could also be something else. The greenness stays and keeps it interesting. It lasts really long. I would call it an elegant, sophisticated and modern fragrance. And the bottle is beautiful! Worth having it!

diana_drd
diana_drd

I finally got the chance to test it, and it's a strong like for me. It's warm and elegant, some mentioned similarities with Belle d'Opium, and I get that, but this one is better, more sensual and inviting. From the notes listed here, I expected at least some fruity vibe, but there's none of that on my skin, its really oriental-floral with a smoky feel to it. Lovely scent but it's not love for me, if I would buy a new Cartier perfume, it would still be Baiser Vole edp, as that one stands out, it's memorable, while La Panthere is just very nice

PS: After I received a sample and got to try it a couple of times I have to say I do love it. I don't know what happened, but I just want to smell like this every day :). I had to get a bottle of this

We finally meet, Panthere and I!! This isn't fruity, nor is it sweet to my nose. it is a typical chypre floral, quite classy, I agree , vintage in a way...not sure this is my cup of tea, but it isn't a bad creation, it is warm in the drydown, reminds me a bit of Chanel 19, I do not get any strawberry or dried fruits, can't call it fruity really, not in the typical term..mostly floral, the gardenia note is nicely done...I don't smell similarity with Baiser Vole, which is more bright , and greener...and more modern in a way...
This is getting very floral on me as times goes by, with a hint of tart rhubarb, light touch. nice creation, typical Cartier. In the category of chypre, this is nicely done..it is mature , very true..with a nice warm drydown.

Caist
Caist

vibrant fruit notes, warmth in texture, new-skin esc

I'm thinking pearly pink beige color when I smell this, so the bottle is just awesome in scheme. That panthere graphic is to die for too.

This is a cool fragrance to change to if you want to try wearing oriental florals, it's modest but has this sophisication-lure to it. Almost smells vintage, but the fruit notes keep it young. But I would imagine this being an adults fragrance, I can't quite pickup a youthfulness to it, so this is a true woman's perfume.

It smells nice on me, rockin' out the oakmoss and a balance between the dry fruit notes and the gardenia, which they used JUST ENOUGH of. Not sure how long this one will stick around regardless of the amp worked up for. It's not something I've never smelled.. but it's.. oh man it's going gardenia on me now. It smells.. mature?

moosh22
moosh22

I specifically just made an account on here because I was trying to research perfumes to ask for for my 25th birthday and I found this community online. I wanted to share with you guys that I now OWN the Cartier La Panthere perfume and I am head over heals for the formulation. While it says online that it will not be released until March of 2014, Neiman Marcus has been selling the fragrence in their stores (do not know if it is available online). I STRONGLY urge you all to make your way to their stores ASAP and purchase this scent if you are eager to own it. Extra incentive is Neimans is giving a gift with purchase at the moment and Cartier adds in an additional gift with purchase which is weekend 'travel kid' of their Baiser Vole perfume (includes an excellent purse sized spray cylinder and lotion). This is just my opinion but I think the perfume has matched the hype built up behind their newest release. I was disappointed at first because I wanted to re-purchase their Delices perfume but I am very happy with my mom's decision!

Cheers!

antonpan
antonpan

To me La Panthere is a reworked, noble and more classical version of Yves Saint Laurent Belle d'Opium. It seems they took the floral oriental base of Belle d'Opium and deprived it of that synthetic sweetness. As a result I smell gardenia (it really dominates here) blended with pepper and softened by fruits.

La Panthere should be loved by admirers of Baiser Vole (the direction is similar) and Belle d'Opium that is now discontinued.

dannysmom
dannysmom

This scent is gorgeous. Sillage and longevity are both excellent. I cannot help noticing the similarities to the baiser vole series on my skin, though. Notes are different, but the drydown is definitely Cartier. I do get the gardenia and strawberry. It's fruity, floral, and a little bit powdery all at the same time.

peppermoon
peppermoon

I got a sample from the Cartier store when I was at the mall. Opens with oakmoss, musk and a tart greenish scent (rhubarb?), then slowly gets fruity/floral as the perfume warms up. Definitely get a strawberry note and a soft gardenia note. Not sweet, kind of tart and dry, which keeps it from being to girly. I like the mid-stage where the strawberry and gardenia are present, but I'm not crazy about the opening or dry down, which are a little boring. An interesting take on strawberry, but not fb worthy for me.

Elisabeth M.
Elisabeth M.

Classy sophisticated fragrance in a modern way - alluring, slightly oriental but not too heavy. Awesome!

Mortazuma
Mortazuma

Oooh the anticipation. Interesting ingredients from what I see so far. Given as it is a Cartier, I can hardly wait. They usually make really interesting combinations.

Malvina7
Malvina7

This is a MUST HAVE for me!!! It looks so elegant and sofisticated. I love love the bottle and the notes sound so good!!!

HollyBiani
HollyBiani

Ohh strawberry and rhubarb! Nice. This should be fantastic.

Amanda_Santana
Amanda_Santana

My birthday is in March, so I better start laying some hints. I bought a sample of the original on ebay and it smelled amazing. It had a beautiful and very unique incense note that had me dreaming of Morocco and India all day. Very excited to smell this reformulation.

daisymargueritte
daisymargueritte

March suddenly seems so far away.....
Still, it will be difficult to make a fragrance which measures up to the original.

kati77

I hope it will be really something ,not just another Mademoiselle or Miss Dior, as it says oriental floral there are chance an echo of Panthere will be there. I want to try it.

panthere
panthere

I agree with Frayja. I'm curious too about the notes since it won't be like the original due to heavy restrictions and regulations. I would very much be curious to test it out.

Frayja

Cartier 'La Panthere' Eau de Parfum Spray 2.5 oz
Gift Set 1.6oz
Cartier La Panthere Gift Set
Cartier La Panthere Gift Set

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Cartier La Panthere fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Cartier La Panthere, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify La Panthere by Cartier. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of La Panthere by Cartier represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.