Designers » C » Oriental Woody « Groups

Le Baiser Du Dragon Cartier for women
dislike

I have it: 1189 I had it: 412 I want it: 1194 My signature: 34

almond
Le Baiser Du Dragon Cartier for women Pictures Le Baiser Du Dragon Cartier for women Pictures

Cartier’s Baiser du Dragon (the Dragon’s Kiss) is a dangerous and powerful scent. Exotic and intense, it will transport you into the world of fairytale dragons, princesses and princes. You can hear the burning of the dragon’s fiery breath while bitter smoke envelopes you and your sense, but then, suddenly, this gentle warmth settles on the skin. Warm, woody notes are perfectly harmonized with bitter almond, floral notes and citruses. Top notes include bitter almond, neroli, orange and gardenia. Cedar and musk are at the perfume’s heart, while the base note is composed of vetiver, patchouli and benzoin resin. It was created by Alberto Morillas in 2003.

Gardenia Bitter Almond Amaretto Neroli

iris Musk Jasmine Cedar Rose

Amber Patchouli Benzoin Dark Chocolate Caramel Vetiver Cedar

Le Baiser Du Dragon Fragrance Reviews

SlasherLady
SlasherLady

No. Just no. It was like having a keg full of cloves shoved up my nose, along with gingersnap dough. Horribly sweet and cloying, and gave me a whopping head ache. I gave it to a friend who loves stuff like this.

pravda48

(EDP, guessing a newer formula)

Opening: it's ALL iris, amber, and patch. Fizzy, powdery, earthy/playdoh like (how I interpret a lot of patchouli types). Right now it reminds me of a slightly darker Tocade by Rochas (i.e. more patch than amber). Huh, not what I was expecting.

I tried the pure parfum (see my earlier review) and was at least much more impressed w/ the development even though I found it too heavy at the time. Now it's autumn and I'm really wanting to retry the parfum! If any wants to swap me a bit, pm me and I'll trade decants from my fb's.
[11.4.14]

carbocookie
carbocookie

I have 2 bottle of this, one vintage and now one reformulated (just bought today). I've put 2 sprays of the reformulation on the left wrist and 1 spray of the vintage on the right.

HUGE DIFFERENCE! While the basic scent profile is similar, the quality, sillage and how they develop on the skin is very different. The vintage's opening is dominated by a very boozy amaretto the heart has a much stronger presence of patchouli, chocolate and benzoin while the reformulation is more of a light powdery almond scent with the patchouli toned down in favour of the vetiver. The reformulation transitions to the drydown in the span of a few minutes leaving behind a light powdery floral and vetiver scent, while the drydown of the vintage takes much longer to get to and has a more balsamic, sweet finish. The vintage is also stronger and longer-lasting, I could smell it on my wrist from a foot away whereas my nose had to touch the wrist the reformulation was sprayed on. I can also still smell the vintage on myself after showering whereas the reformulation is undetectable.

If you like lighter powdery scents the reformulation should be fine (it still smells really good), but if you're looking for the intense, sexy fragrance promised in so many of these positive reviews, make sure you track down a bottle of the vintage, it is definitely better.

ellina1984
ellina1984

I initially smelt this on a friend (who's totally unaware of my perfume addiction)and was hooked. She was exuding a beautiful spicy aura, no florals.A cognac-like, aromatic cloud was wafting around her. I asked her what it was, and she said "Cartier". I then asked if it was "Baiser du dragon", as I had previously seen the notes and I somehow connected the dots. "Why, yes", she said. She explained it had been discontinued.
For the rest of the evening, I couldn't wait to get home and find a bottle online. And that's what I did.

Then my bottle came. I sprayed on my wrists and rubbed. I wanted to get rid of all the top notes and go straight to the part I had smelt. I sniffed my wrist. Nothing happened. The smell was clean. Gardenia soap, a slight spice wafting in the background. No cognac. No amaretto. No chocolate, no caramel. I let it dry down for 2 hours. Maybe it had been the drydown I had smelt on her. Still nothing. Just a faintly spicy gardenia.

So, unfortunately, this does not work for me. But I know it smells heavenly on the right chemistry. My friend can pull it off, I can't. One sad story.

thiefofnoses
thiefofnoses

I'm going to quote ifjuly's review because this is what I thought too:

"Immediately it smells "perfume"-y, the way when you're very little and you go in to hug your grandma at an evening holiday party, when she's clad in a mink stole because that was still cool then and waxy lipstick and powder and hairspray and real pearls or gold jewelry, you get a whiff of her perfume. It's like that. Classic older lady who likes to have fun perfume."

But - it isn't as strong as an 'older lady who likes to have fun perfume'. There's a warm citrus accord but that is all the amaretto does - give the citrus warmth. It doesn't stand as a note on its own. Smoke? I strain to smell any sort of smoke in this and wonder if the fragrance wasn't called 'Breath of the Dragon' that anyone else would either. The drydown is unquestionably woody and musky with a touch of patchouli and benzoin.

It's not to my personal tastes, but I know I'd be in for lots of laughs if I met someone wearing it.

apixiefan
apixiefan

it's a very complex scent. One that I use for special occasions. Very powerful and very lush. And extremely expensive smelling, even though it's relatively affordable. You could call this a masterpiece or signature scent. I like smelling the cap on this scent, a few days after I use it. I get a powdery iris with a residual 'candy' smell that it simply beautiful. This is easily a unisex scent.

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

The opening of Le Baiser du Dragon is bold, peculiar and intriguing: soft, creamy, nutty, slightly "liquid" in an almost "lacustrine" sense, with a strong sweet-almond note quite rooty and boozy (the "Amaretto di Saronno" feel), a load of cumin, something almost close to opium, velvety and woody - also like cannabis (or simply something irresistibly mellow halfway aniseed, cardamom and sandalwood). All deep, dense and almost a bit loud. Woody base comprising earthy notes of patchouli and vetiver, which will eventually be more "up" later on. Shortly, a narcotic Oriental woody-spicy scent with a dusty powdery feel and a sweet hint of talc and flowers. After less than hour a comparison came to my mind, with all respect to differences, this kind of reminded me of at least some accords of Boucheron's Jaipur Homme - notably the talc, the almond, the spices, the powdery stuff, the general sense of mystical whiteness and cleanliness, the white-muskiness. Beautiful and iconic for sure, but frankly a bit cloying after a while. It gets better once the (cloying, to me) spicy-almondy-sweetish notes get softer and lighter, and Baiser turns towards a drier vetiver-patchouli scent softened by soapy and talcum notes of flowers. Nonetheless, a good one for sure.

7,5/10

Kanz Oman
Kanz Oman

Love at first try ! This smells heavenly amazing. Couldn't hold my self but buying it.

Sweetiekitty
Sweetiekitty

It is not what I expected... I expected a big scary fragrance that had all these people shaking. No this is plush. Very full, very complex. You know how some fragrances have holes in them where you can perceive the individual notes? This is not like that. It's the difference between sinking your toes in a Target rug, or a $5,000 hand knotted silk rug from Turkey. Both do cover your floor, but one does it in much more sensuality and beauty. Likewise, this edp, melds with your skin and becomes you, but much more elegant and sensual. I think it may be love.

Tiger84
Tiger84

This is unlike anything else, such a masterpiece with a strong, tasty character, gourmand, fire and smoke, nuts, booze. Discontinuing it was the most insane mistake Cartier ever made. Good to know that it's been reissued. Deep, powerful, classy, makes a statement, lasts well.
I have the dab edition on the picture, just smaller bottle, and the Prestige edition, spray, and a bit different. Both are masterpieces.
Love the name and the oriental bottle, too! The name and the notes attracted me to this perfume, and the scent keeps me captivated.
Unique.

newbieScentLover
newbieScentLover

I love this fragrance, but I am having such a difficult time with the new formulation. The bottles of new formula EDP just don't last on me. At first I thought I was buying bad batches on e-bay, but then I went to N.M. (the only place that stocks retail) and spritzed on a sample/tester and got the same thing. Poof, gone in sixty seconds. I find the EDT lasts on me (probably because it's old formula) but the EDT isn't being produced any more. I recently grabbed a few bottles before they vanish forever.

TheSultan
TheSultan

was reading some of the posts about this stuff, over on basenotes. Vast majority of people over there seem to think this is more than it is, in a not so good way. I try not to overanalyze fragrances like these, because what I know now is, you have to give them time to evolve and grow on you.

the first time I smelled this, I did get a whack of fire. Makes sense, ok. I get it. And I think its that intro that turns people off. But as time went by, it went from being different to incredible. A lot is made of the drydown. But I'm impressed by everything that it turns into, before the drydown. I get the feeling, this would be a totally different fragrance if the liquor note was absent. And the more I smell this, I wonder why Cartier scents aren't tagged as niche. Cartier has a signature flair that you smell with other niche fragrances like Serge Lutens and Creed. Total class.

(update)

its also kinda soapy, but still very refined and unisex.

zind
zind

What just happened?!

I had been looking forward to try this and I was so disappointed the first time I tried it and didn't like it at all. I had received a bunch of samples and know that I should try one at a time, but I couldn't help myself (who can, anyway!?) My nose must have been totally confused and overwhelmed

Now, on the second try I love it just as much as I thought I would. I nearly blind bought it. What I love the most is that smoky, wonderful opening where the almonds are rocking the background in harmony with what I assume is the vetiver? It is so mysterious and amazing that I wish it could last and last and last.. Then a bit of the smoke and mystery disappears, but it's still unique and totally gorgeous. Unlike anything I've smelled. It seems like some find it very loud and intense, but I need to run and apply more because I can't get enough of it. yuuuuuummy!

I can see myself forcing my man to wear this too, I agree that it definitely works as a unisex perfume

UPDATE: I love this one so, so much, but it disappear so quickly on my skin and I have to stuff my nose in there to smell anything at all. I applied and applied, and then even applied some more when I thought I had really overdone it, but it's still very subtle on me. Oh how I wish it could be as intense on me as it sounds like some of you experience it! you lucky bastards! ;-)

simonwoody
simonwoody

Review for EdP

Very sweet but bitter and dry at the same time. To me it's like the base of Sycomore by Chanel (vetiver and dry woody notes) mix with the floral creaminess of L'Instant Magic by Guerlain

Perfect for both guys and girls for winter time.

matty64

Psychologically speaking, it's interesting to read the reviews before this perfume was discontinued and the reviews after it was re-issued. The majority are glowing when people thought LBDD was discontinued, now people are ambivalent at best. Go figure. I love this perfume before and after!

tonkabeanster
tonkabeanster

Mixed review.

LBDD's opening is harsh yet bewitching: a dense, smouldering blast of bitter almonds, throaty patchouli and dark, exotic woods—equal parts sweetly herbaceous and pungently medicinal. Fifteen minutes on, however, this precarious balance falls apart. Cedar and vetiver, which typically lend a rich, earthy warmth to drydowns, are unpleasantly stale and chalky in this composition, underscored by a strangely fusty musk note.

The dragon's kiss may be enchanting, but only until you notice the mild halitosis.

temporalgrace
temporalgrace

I like the almond and amaretto, but I'm getting a really distinct petitgrain bitterness although it isn't listed and I don't particularly care for that. It takes away the magic and warmth of the other notes. Agreed with the previous reviewers that said it smells very perfume-y initially. I can remember sneaking into my great-grandmother's bedroom when I would visit her as a kid and trying on all her perfumes. This has a similar quality to those little unmarked bottles of scent. This smells a lot better from a distance than up close. From several inches away, it smells like a lovely floral spicy scent, but when you get any closer that bitterness comes out and bites you in the nose hard. The longer it develops, the spicier and more lovely it becomes. It's quite pleasant, but I don't know if it's worth waiting out the awful top phase for the prettier drydown.

Happy! I found myself a big bottle of this one, it was 2 or 3 years since I owned a Le Baiser de Dragon EdP - and now I do again. Its a great, great, great parfum!

Lycklig! Hittade en stor flaska av denna, det var 2 eller 3 år sen jag ägde en sist gång. Den är bara helt otroligt underbar!

HoneyPamela
HoneyPamela

I so wanted to like this fragrance because it’s Cartier, but unfortunately, I have tried it three different times and just do not like it. Luckily, I bought only a .25 fl oz online, and it came in beautiful packaging, deep red and black square box, wrapped in cellophane. The inside was covered in black paper velveteen where sat the embossed flacon. What can I say other than it starts off spicy and smelling of wood smoke, and then dries down to a sweet, smell of hippy candles, the ones that are messy and drip down on the sides of wine bottles from the 70's. Ugh.

ifjuly
ifjuly

The copy for this one doesn't sound quite my style--kinda old school classical and a little romantic/medieval--but let's give this a whirl!

Immediately it smells "perfume"-y, the way when you're very little and you go in to hug your grandma at an evening holiday party, when she's clad in a mink stole because that was still cool then and waxy lipstick and powder and hairspray and real pearls or gold jewelry, you get a whiff of her perfume. It's like that. Classic older lady who likes to have fun perfume. There's flowers and make up powder, lots of powder. But there's this edge of smoke and citrus too, even at the top, that keeps it from being boring or too prissy. It smells like her make up drawer, the tubes of lipstick encased in gold--waxy and a little warm, woody in a cedar chest way. Definitely smell the amber, musk, and benzoin that structures it all, feels like a very classic base composition. The amaretto and bitter almond aren't as strong as I was afraid they'd be, and the alcohol aspect of the amaretto isn't a burning fume type, which is a relief. I feel like I'm back in a wood-paneled '60s basement bar and the grown up relatives are all dolled up and smoking and drinking while I play with my toys on the retro carpet. This is made of good fuzzy faraway memories of women in my family who have been long gone.

ETA: the drydown on this is superb with my chemistry, sexy and animalic without becoming full on boudoirish. My cat, who seems obsessed with smells of any kind (she oughta become a perfume nose!), was rather fond of this one. And the longevity is one of the most impressive I've tried of late--I put it on at 2pm yesterday and can still smell it now, 23 hours later. It did give my bedsheets a faint BO odor early this morning, but everything that came before made it worth it, and by the time that starts in it's almost time to shower anyway...

nikkibom
nikkibom

I have really been wanting this for ages, have noticed it has become available once more online! Cannot help noticing that so many have compared to Gloria, which i already own, and am not that keen on. I would wear it at work and a colleague would start moaning that i smelled of cigars!!! maybe I will get it in the end - just to piss her off again!

mirrorghost
mirrorghost

just went to nordstrom and sprayed some of this on after seeing it here on fragrantica! i must say, i really love this. it's more spicy-incensy at first with hints of almond and amaretto, but after awhile it becomes a spicy-sweet amaretto on me. it's sexy, warm and a bit mysterious, with just a hint of musky-sweetness. right up my alley scentwise. i must get a bottle of this!

ETA: i was able to get a sample and try this on it's own without my nose clouded with other scents. it starts off very perfumy but with a hint of something a bit woody and sour, then it becomes more amber and resin-y with iris and probably other florals, but mostly i get iris most strongly, i think. finally that slightly sour-wood note fades off and it's a spicy, warm amber-iris. very beautiful and luxurious, i think.

moreorlessa
moreorlessa

I find the top notes form a very sticky syrupy licor smell, but the drydown is very classy, warm, delicious, adult, serious but comforting. It is a powerful and longlasting scent, but surprising behaved in sillage.

nayesha
nayesha

I love it ... i am the kind of girl that sticks to only one perfume for many years and this was the one .. until i got fedup of the on and off the market ... leave it on the market or discontinue the product !

ScentedPianist
ScentedPianist

I was at Sephora, looking at some new perfumes for me to test, when I saw there were some perfumes on sale.

And that's when I found this wonder: Le Baiser du Dragon by Cartier EDP 50 mL for merely 35€. Just a single box, there wasn't any other. You can't find it in my country anymore. I literally had to have it, even without smelling it.

So I bought it. And what a great blind buy it was!

Le Baiser du Dragon (what a wonderful, suggestive name) is a bold, powerful, sophisticated perfume for cold weather. Boozy, woody, ambery gourmand wonder.

It starts with a strong boozy note which repelled me at first, but still intrigued me. As long as the time was passing, I could clearly smell a wonderful "mess" here: caramelized almonds, with chocolate, dirty patchouli, creamy amber and spicy gardenia and just the right amount of vetiver to balance things out. It's utterly gorgeous. And incredibly strong.

I instantly recognize the oriental side of this perfume, and it reminds me of those ancient places somewhere, in a chinese temple, loads of incense and spices. And a picture of a dragon in front of me. It's absolutely unique.

For every gourmand notes lover, you'll find loads of almonds, chocolate and caramel in here, although this is much more than sweet -if it is (extremely balanced) For any oriental lover, don't worry, you have loads of spices and amber. If you're looking for a night time fragrance for cold weather, look no further.

It stays on my skin the whole day and the sillage is impressive.

I'm so glad I bought it. I recommend everyone to try it. However, be careful, the beast is agressive at first, but then you'll see its true character.

Daisycat18
Daisycat18

I finally received this today after i snapped up a100mils from ebay. I agree with the others who laud this as an exotic, mesmerising fragrance. I love it. However it is very strong and is one if those either dabbed on or done the way she did it in BROADCAST NEWS.
Initially i got a strong menthol and was worried i'd done my dough on a pup. However it settled down within 1// hour and i got waves of the mixed notes. I. Am nit a person who likes citrus very much. But the citrus in this is discreetly layered with other notes and does not sear itself into the nose. But again, i recommend using it sparingly . Don't drench yourself or clothes as it will knock you out!!

samsara82
samsara82

Dear Readers,

What can I say about the kiss of the celestial Dragon?.

All I can say was wow, Wow , WOW !
This perfume, is the majestic presence of the dragonian diva !.

Yes, it's truly an exotic majestic scent that has a lot of character and personality that is truly unique and flamboyant.
And the Dragon perfume is lush,regal and exotic for a person of acquire tastes. The blends of notes are fabulously orchestrated in this perfume that is a marvelously complex masterpiece.

This Dragonian Diva fragrance is lavish , exotically alluring , beguiling and mystical .
A mysterious scent of a lost age , where the earth was young and those of legends were present as we are today and the spirit of this fragrance has a tale to be told when it enwraps you with her ancient enchantment.

I love this fragrance !,
its pure exoticism of haunting oily Chinese gardenias, jasmines, oriental resins and the balsam here are blended with sophistication that commands respect and honor , it has the same air like Salvador Dali's fragrance which I own, definitely fabulous.
The scent is oriental and botanical in itself no doubt, but its hard to pin point what notes are standing out ,which is fine because it's blended together so in harmony that is just enrapturing to the senses.

On my body chemistry, it was a unique experience to inhale and the fragrance and I bonded magically.Is it a sexy scent ?
yes, it can be if your body chemistry makes it so.
Im delighted that now Cartier's fragrance are fancying my now adult body chemistry , for before in my teens and my 20's it had a severe way of saying "Not yet mortal".
But now both Pasha and Le Baiser du Dragon are going to be my new signature Day perfumes definitely very soon.

I highly recommend this for those who enjoy the exotic, sophistication and being assertive with grace .
This perfume is very exquisite gift but buyer..beware, try before you buy ,since this Dragon is very selective in choosing a barer of its fable name and powers but once you received its kiss of its fancy ,the kiss of the dragon is truly a celestial blessing.

Viva the crew and the house of Cartier !
and keep this perfume , I'm now your new devotee !

mossyoakpenn
mossyoakpenn

The following review is really for my notes only, its very brief and leaves out a ton of details. Im just typing something that I remember each by. Im sure I will disrespect someones favorite fragrance too.

I hate to write a brief review on this one but I didn't get much time with it. I feel as if Im horribly disrespecting a Hall of Famer. Very complex and warm. I want to re-test this one!

Yohji
Yohji

Such a different opinions about the Dragon...And such straightforward notes.. amazing

When I was a teenager my favourite science fiction series were the ones about dragonriders of Pern, by Anne McCaffreys.
The riders have a telepathic bond with their dragons, formed by Impression at the dragon's hatching.
Once tiny dragon would catch yours and only yours look – you are bonded forever. Each dragon with certain character would choose someone (among humans) usually who would have similar inner qualities..great stories

The Dragon on my skin chose to be dreamy-sexy beast, no fire, nothing harsh at all, smooth, oily character, with narrowed from pleasure eyes...
Seems like he took me to the faraway land on exotic island where all is ready to have the night of your life..
But at the beginning you have to drink this boozy almond potion, which probably will turn you into dragon as well but you don't mind. You already drunk by this amazing mix of amber and patchouli, you fed by caramel and you led to sleep in the flower bed...
Hypnotic fragrance – and be you man or woman – once you been chosen – the pleasure is all yours.

The only one similar is one year older brother from same father (Morillas) – Armani Sensi. But in Sensi you will be the one who must seduce.

LuLuGoes
LuLuGoes

I have Le Baiser Du Dragon Cartier for women EDP.

It's perfectly named, but it could also be called breath of the dragon. It's very strong. After spraying it, the first three words that come to my mind are: dark, mythical, and potent.

Almond is present, but it's toasted in glowing embers of incense and scorched wood. And this will stay on your skin or clothing for a long, long time.

I wonder why this isn't categorized as a unisex fragrance. It's smoky sweet but definitely not feminine. It's alluring but not in a delicate way. It's more glowing and magnetic, like a fire crackling at night.

Other members compare this to Gloria by Cacharel (a discontinued rarity that also gets compared to Serge Lutens Rahat Loukoum). I've never smelled Gloria, but the descriptions sound very almond-rich and sugary. I can't imagine Gloria's bright, feminine cherry-topped bottle holding anything that compares to Le Baiser. But maybe the comparisons are valid.

I love the Le Baiser bottle, an Asian-inspried fish bowl with a black spike through its center. I'll need more time with this one. But I'm captivated.

kris919
kris919

this didn't work on me. I bought this for the almond & amaretto notes which I thought were going to be the most prominent, but all I got was strong vetiver which smells very "green", also very powdery like vintage face powder from an old woman's makeup bag. I'll stick with Hypnotic Poison for my almond fix

darksome
darksome

Whoa, what a strong opening. Very sharp, green vetiver and a little sweet. I don't know why, but this reminds me on Paloma Picasso - Paloma Picasso.

When it settles, this smells completely different, no similarities anymore with Paloma Picasso. Now it's creamy, very nutty, not only like almonds (like in YSL Cinema), but also similar to the nutty notes that you can find in Givenchy's Organza - nutmeg and walnut.

This could be easily be worn by men too, because it's not floral and is not very sweet (but very creamy).

It's nutty, creamy, a little soapy, in a clean way because of the vetiver. This is probably the only vetiver scent that I can appreciate.. It smells heavenly creamy. I think I can say that this is a skin scent. I could easily recommend this fragrance to men who love for example Versace - Dreamer (both similar creamy, but Du Dragon more edgier because of the vetiver note and less sweet).

On the very dry down I get more powdery notes, reminding me almost on incense. Interesting! I must say, that I'm not really a fan of clean, powdery/creamy scents, but this is one of the few. Now I really understand, why so much hype about it!

P.S.: I blind bought three decants, with the fear that this will be the one that I will not like, especially because of the vetiver. For my surprise I found out, that this one was the best out of the bunch!
P.S.2: On me it turns sometimes smelling like pickles, or lets say it smells like the herb that we add to pickles: dill (Anethum graveolens).. Might be my skin chemistry and vetiver. Too bad.

Shoshi
Shoshi

Okay, maybe I got a bad bottle. Or has it been reformulated? But on me, this was thin, not lasting, with a smokey sweetish scent. Very underwhelming.

pravda48

EDIT: I want to add my sample was the parfum, I see there's an EDT/EDP too.

[TLDR!! = Overall impression: Warm resinous benzoin/vetiver/cedar/almond scent that only flirts w/ the edge of being sweet, never quite gets there. Leans toward masculine but still pretty on a woman who likes richer, heavier woody scents.]

Wow!! This has the most intricate development on my skin I've found in a while!

Opens w/ a burst of amaretto, rich, sweet almond liquor. Dries in a few mins to be vetiver heavy w/ a decent dose of patchouli spicy-earthiness. Also a lot of what I think is benzoin; a heavy almost-vanilla that's kind of medicinal. I WANT to love it because of the name/bottle, will observe it closely.

2hrs: lots of powdery sweetish iris and amber noticeable moreso than the woody/benzoin notes. A bit lighter, more sensual and gentle musk noticeable, too.

3-4hrs I think this would compliment a man's skin better. There is a touch of detectable dark chocolate and something slightly milky now (caramel I suppose? Just smells 'creamy' to me vs sweet) which is delicious, but now there's also a lot of cedar w/ the vetiver making it too masculine on me.

Will use the last dose of my sample of the parfum on my bf & see how it fares! :P

EDIT: ok 12 hours later it's still there as a skinscent, and boy is it a masculine vetiver smell now!! Smells like a rather stout, manly scent at this point. And it's stuck on my shirt =/

jedrzejowskia
jedrzejowskia

Wow, just.... wow. This is hands down the most unusual scent I've ever had the opportunity to try out.
I normally am not a fan of vetiver, definitely not straight up in your face as it is in this frag. I have been known to avoid friends who wear vetiver based fragrances and just won't talk to them because the note usually makes me plain neaseus. Here I can obviously smell loud vetiver and yet, and yet the vetiver here is the fire in the dragons mouth. It hits me but I'm Khaleesi, mummy dragon and... It doesn't burn me. I've never smelled bitter almonds before, to me this smells a bit like fresh sunflower seeds in the shell, this is strange but divine. And cedar... judging by the notes this could so be a male fragrance, however, it isn't. It's super-feminine, totally ageless and with the amaretto note, this is just perfect for winter nights out. What a beauty!!! I'm positively speechless.
This should be widely available :-) Love it.

Edit: 9 hours in (morning after last night) I can still smell it. It smells like I've borrowed a guys shirt to sleep in and it's mixed with a light warm skinscent. Gosh, I'm positively fawning over this. Could it get any more amazing?? Don't think so. If only the juice wasn't so expensive. I shall lament a bit over that but thankful I have a few drop to experience.

deda147
deda147

They re-released it! Last year at Harrods in the UK. I didn't order it from them though, but from another online shop. It seems they changed the top, it no longer has the 'oriental' pattern on it. Not sure if they reformulated it, since haven't smelled the one from 2003. It smells great on my male skin and I'm very happy with my purchase. The opening is quite harsh, but it melllows down to a pleasant, warm scent with moderate sillage. Buy it before they decide to discontinue it again!

Edit: I have to add that this turns into a whispering, very longlasting skin scent. I can still smell it quite faint on my wrist after almost 13(!) hours. Sillage could be a lot better though, it gets toned down rather quickly on me after 2-3 hours.

perfumejunkie75
perfumejunkie75

I'm glad I sampled this before I purchased. I'm really into oriental scents right now, but the woodsy notes are a little too much for me here, unfortunately.
I'm trying to give it ample time to meld into my skin so that I can give it a fair chance. It is changing slightly and I can smell the almond note coming through, but I can't get past the spicey, woodsy note.
I think it would totally be sexy and amazing on the right skin, but my skin and nose just aren't ready for this powerhouse.
I will save the samples and try again, but as of right now I'm scratching it off my want/test list and going to purchase other things.
It's pretty pricey anyway, so maybe its a good thing it didn't quite work for me. It doesn't seem to be lasting on me either, so that's a double-plus.

nyalta77
nyalta77

This was a review I wrote for Hedward, in a private message...( hope you don't mind me sharing ),
who asked my opinion of this fragrance...of which he was considering purchasing, asking whether in my opinion the scent was "unisex".
Also I read a blurb for LBDD which said that the design on the bottle originated from Art Deco and had Chinese Influence. The fragrance itself influenced from Orientalism, which I read after I wrote my review :))
Fairytales dragons, princesses and princes... This fragrance is not. I find the rest of the description apt though. I have never sprayed or tested Declaration which I have read time and time again is a unisex fragrance. I have had samples of Eau de Cartier, which is a certified unisex fragrance. I actually think it comes down to individual body chemistry more often than not. EDC smells great on my hubs...

On me, with LBDD, the longevity is very good, and the sillage is ok. It is more of an intimate scent, from maybe a foot in? Intimate fragrances seem to have almost measurable projection, close, closer and closest...

Personally, yes, I think a male could wear Le Baiser du dragon, the bitter almond and vetiver are predominant but they are tempered and textured with the amaretto, patchouli, chocolate and caramel... From the start the scent "billows"... I say like an ancient Chinese dragon who has just exhausted his last fiery breath and the smouldering, sintering, scintillating scent remains. The best part is the heart notes, the blending is beautiful, in my opinion, and lasts for ages, the dry down is lingering, sensual, I also love this too. I get wafts of cedar, rose and amber. A very unique, totally original and quality perfume.

I was super excited when Baiser du Dragon came back. As one of the many who miss Cacharel's Gloria, but refuse to pay the crazy prices it now garners on Ebay, I thought BDD might make a suitable replacement.
Well.. no. Not at all.
Maybe I'm crazy, maybe it's my skin, but I DO NOT smell Amaretto. On me, BDD is a crackling, smoky vetiver (very appropriate) with cedar and bitter chocolate. In a way, it reminds me of Serge Lutens Vetiver Oriental, but without the powder.
I like it. It's super woody and intense and right up my alley. I think this fragrance could very easily go unisex.

po
po

Le Baiser du Dragon was my first ever blind swap. I remember my fingers shaking when I opened the package. I have the EDP. The bottle is unusual and beautiful, looks like a perfume from another era. And smells like a perfume from another era.

Upon the opening my mouth hung open, like ''Whoa..! What's that?'' It was very boozy, bourbon whiskey explosion with a slightly bitter bite of fresh neroli. I wasn't even sure if it's a good or bad thing but it really grew on me.

The bizzare opening didn't last long though. It mellows quickly. The following almonds are soft and roasted. The vetiver is quite prominent and lifts the density of the heavy hitting combo of cedar, benzoin and clean patchouli. I can say it's mostly amaretto - almonds - vetiver - cedar to my nose, I can't detect gourmand or floral notes, that's strange... Could be unisex IMO, evokes strength and mystery. Artistically could be a Lutens.

Le Baiser du Dragon is really one of the kind. Smells scary at first but then it stays closer to the skin than one would imagine at first. Not exactly a skin scent but won't knock others off either.
It's a shame it's discontinued.

jovejove
jovejove

This is a classy fragrance that amplifies exuberance and opulence. When I think of a woman who has power, beauty, age and a bougie air to her...this is what I think of. It's a fragrance with warmth and sophistication that gives and doesn't hold back, but doesn't overwhelm. I wish the noses would revert back to making fragrances such as this.

kwietok25
kwietok25

What a sexy fragrance!
I received Dragon today and let me tell you something...This is the best blind buy of my life!
It is sexy, warm and deep fragrance for a woman (certainly not girly). There´s somenthing masculine about it and I think that just makes it more sexy and powerful.
Great scent for cold winter evenings.

Castor
Castor

Where is the Dragon? I'd rather think of it spitting fire and burning everything down. Dragon's Fire, it would be, a men's scent with skinky top notes and classic base notes. Kouros would be a wimp compared to this one.

Well, in this case, it is a kiss, and not precisely a passionate one, a rather timid, young, a really romantic one. So there are plenty of soft undertones. There are citric whiffs the way they play a role in orientals, difficult to describe, easy to get - fleeting, very fleeting, that is. And a powdery feeling in the base notes that is very subtle, mostly like a skin scent as a matter of fact, softer than those in Dior Homme, with its lavish iris-coca gourmand palette or A+Men´s tar - licorice and chocolate composition.

In my case, this is a feminine I thouroughly enjoy in such a fashion I woud not mind stocking several bottles for future use. Together with the women's Must, one of my favorites.

Edit: You might as well think of it as a subtler version of Juliette Has a Gun's Calamity Joe. In some way, this last one with flowers and a subdued patch / amber basenotes.

Edit (2): It does remind me of Rochas Absolu. This one less complex, but very much done according to Le Baiser's proposal.

miss mills
miss mills

I received this wonderful fragrant sample from Adiro (amongst many so generous others, thank you so much, you wonderful thing!) and finally got around to trying it on last night before bed....wow, this smells warm, I get vanilla in here! The opening reminded me heavily of Casmir but not quite as sickly sweet. Dragon quickly warmed into something sooo sexy and balsamic. I swore it was a vanilla oriental until I read the notes. Anyway, will use this in the evenings only - and may test it out on the hubby tonight...

mhubbard
mhubbard

So sad, oh so sad. I love this scent, I kept smelling it in the sample package,and I couldn't wait to try it this morning. An amazing fall scent!! So sad 30 minutes later when it disappeared almost immediately. I couldn't believe it. I came home and applied again, just in case there was some kind of fluke? No.
I hate writing reviews like this, but I just can't justify perfumes of this poor quality. Not for this price. Now we can guess why "Baiser" is discontinued.

puncturedbicycle
puncturedbicycle

Oh dear, this went really wrong on me. I bought a small solid perfume because I love other Cartiers so much and I wondered if this would be another success. That vanilla/patch Shalimar effect is just the opposite of what I can wear. It is to my nose a very old fashioned scent, and not in a good way.

The good news is that I have a small solid perfume to pass on/trade if you want to get in touch.

mizz.cindy
mizz.cindy

Baiser Du Dragon has been sadly discontinued, but I got my parfum extrait for a very good price.
The pure parfum doesn't evolve much on skin, but the smell is so interesting that I don't mind.
Baiser Du Dragon is dry, warm and cold at the same time, a bit spicy, and I also smell something similar to incense. I get a soft, smoky, warm and slightly bitter fume, with a touch of green to make it interesting.
The almonds are there to give a bitter nutty sweetness, but never heavy like some almond perfumes can be. I'm not a big fan of almonds in perfumes, but here they are perfect. Thanks to the vetiver, the accent lies on the bitterness of the nuts, instead of the cloying marzipanish sweetness. The patchouli gives a chocolate quality in the background, and the resins are warm, smoldering and very comfortable.
What I especially love about this perfume, is the green herbal and earthy top that balances out the warm base, it smells very natural to me. And she's so soft, balmy and close to the skin but very long lasting.
Baiser Du Dragon is unlike anything I've ever smelled, but if you like Bvlgari Omnia or Donna Karan Black Cashmere, you'll probably love this one as well.
Beautiful!

lollsazz
lollsazz

I associate this with a different kind of dragon, from my childhood. I imagine a loft cabin, at winter. Me and my father coming back from a ski trip. He still smells a little bit of aftershave - he shaved his beard mostly every day. We take some firewood with us and go inside. The wood is pine and all sticky from the resin. We put it in the fireplace, which is already lit. The resin warms up and the smell lifts. Mom comes in with warm chocolate for me and dad, who puts some amaretto in his. He was always a fan of XO cognac, but amaretto tastes much better with warm chocolate. We sit down in front of the fireplace and relax. Then dad, the happy dragon (born in year of dragon), comes up with some of his witty wise words, like he always did after a successful trip, and I we laugh.

This is also very much how I imagine the smell. The perfume contains ingredient with pretty strong smells, but they mellow down to something soft pretty fast - it's a memory or fantasy. First I smell something slightly manly, but it disappears quite fast, then the amaretto. The smell of almonds is not like almond oil, which I find sharp - it is a creamy almond it might be the apricot in the amaretto contributing to this. The vetiver is easily recognized if you have smelt it before - it gives off an earthy, but mostly smoky scent. It blends nicely into the resins that come after and makes the whole composition smell fiery, but in a smooth way (amaretto-resin-smoke). When the smokiness, resins and vetiver settles further, you begin to smell chocolate, caramel and a slight continuation of the amaretto. Until these sweet notes arise, I think the fragrance is almost unisex, but these chocolate notes are very soft and feminine. They are far from as sugary as many perfumes nowadays, that makes me feel sick. At the end I again begin to smell the vetiver, but the other side of it: the slightly green, almost bitter grapefruit smelling. This also brings out some of the more flowery sides of the smell, although you can still smell the chocolate and smoke clearly. It might seem more mysterious to those that haven't smelt pure vetiver though, because it seems to be the ingredient that transforms this from sweet to smoky to green and back. Later, when the vetiver fuses with the sweeter tones, the smell gets more balmy. .

This might not be a perfume that suits my current indoors life, but is well composed and evokes memories!

Not a perfume for everyone - I got used to smoky, liqueur-y, heavily sweet notes when I was little, so they don't scare me, although this perfume might be too heavy and seem suffocating to others.

jht4060
jht4060

Cartier Kiss of the Dragon is fabulously warm and evocative and comes in one of the all time great bottles (what a great idea having the spray tube form part of the visual composition). The top and middle smell like you have been kissed by the fiery breath of a dragon that scares you at first and then you realize that it is Puff the Magic Dragon. Smoky and with an austere edge, but underneath a warm comforting scent with a touch of sweetness. I smell more resin/balsam than the almond note that most vote for, presumably combined with cade or something similar (smoky). There is a touch of indolic white flower but I have to focus to pick it out. To me, the scent is close to linear for a long time and eventually the base is a bit woodier, with the patchouli and vetiver coming out more clearly. But really, forget the analysis and bathe in the breath of your own warm and fuzzy dragon. Baiser used as a verb rather than a noun can mean something rather less innocent than kiss, which is an interesting hint to take along for the olfactory ride.

umtaleb
umtaleb

I find it unisex and heavy. On my skin, the almond seems to go bitter, almost medicinal. On others I smell this glorious warm almond-boozy-floral vibe.

Do not blind buy or trust a paper tester.

Probably lovely on a man, or someone with almond loving skin.

schamberae
schamberae

Just got my EDP, I bought the rejected one for only $18, the bottle is amazing unique. when i opened the cap it is smell fiercely, burning and so classic ancient chinese incense burn in a buddhist temple.I'm not joking. I could say this perfume is unisex because the overdoze of vetiver maybe. once again,like my latest perfume samsara this one gives me a sensation of having oriental spa.it's smell rich, dare, and don't mess with me ;)
Becareful, it's a kiss of the dragon.

Update : I'm very sorry to the LBdD fans out there, sudenly the perfume cause me nauseating and dizzy or I just got my migrain as usual. or because I know my body will never suit to the unisex perfume and I gave it to my BF which is great for him, sexy.

ChrisInBrooklyn
ChrisInBrooklyn

I got samples for a girlfriend, and WOW! This is maybe the most elegant and mysterious fragrance I've ever smelled. Do not let the notes above fool you into thinking this is a gourmand explosion of amaretto and bitter almonds, it so much more refined than that. Adjectives: refined, dynamic, lush, fresh, CLASSY and mysterious. Another masterpiece from Morillas!

Ben's Aldehyde
Ben's Aldehyde

This does smell like rather bourbon when you first put it on, but then I think bourbon smells wonderful.

As the alcohol dries, the bourbon turns into rum raisins. The first thing I notice once the alcohol is fully dry is the vetiver, surrounded by sweet, juicy almonds and cool, bitter flowers. The almond scent melds with the amber and highlights it. I find the iris rather prominent.

Vetiver can sometimes be too sharp, iris can sometimes be too powdery, and almond and dessert scents can sometimes be too sweet. In this composition, each of these elements is tamed by the others. The almond and dessert notes enrich and sweeten the vetiver, while the iris softens it. The vetiver and iris keep the almond and dessert notes from becoming a sweet, sticky mess. And the hot sharpness of vetiver and the juiciness of the edible notes keeps the iris from being too metallic and powdery. This perfume is excellently balanced.

The whole composition feels buttery. Luscious without being food-like. It fades to a sumptuous afterglow of benzoin, cocoa, and cedar.

I decided to try this perfume partly because of the name. A dragon's kiss sounds, well… hot. I'm not sure this scent is how I would choose to evoke a dragon's kiss, but it certainly is delicious. I think this is a new favorite!

Lauralee77
Lauralee77

I keep getting sucked into these beautifully written reviews. I bought a sample of this thinking I would at least like it. I'm going to give it to you straight, no poetry,no wafting down a vanilla stream on raisin toast. This smells like straight bourbon with allspice sprinkled on top. It's gag worthy. The end.

EmilyTheStrange
EmilyTheStrange

At first I was a little nervous. The moment I sprayed it on myself I thought "OH NO. It's going really bitter orangey/lemony/old nutty (lol) on me"...but then the magic happened.

The bitter almonds that I first smelled very quickly melded into an almost mystic combination of Amaretto, almonds, patchouli, Vetiver and musky amber. Now, after about 90 minutes or so, I'm smelling the delicious dark chocolate and Neroli notes waft in and out - and they really do compliment everything else in this elegant yet seductively, sexy dark perfume.

It's Oriental, sophisticated, very complex, ORIGINAL and I can definitely see how this could be a unisex perfume...I would love to smell this on hubby but I won't be sharing my decant (from a beautifully generous Fragrantica member) of it, especially since I can't seem to find this anywhere to purchase other than on ebay (overseas).

I'm impressed with how easily I'm smelling this after 2 hours as well. Very unique, loveable, raunchy perfume!

lisaivette
lisaivette

The most erotic perfume I have ever smelled. Makes me want to make out with my husband. Oh hell, I just might make out with myself, it's THAT damn sexy!

*1shockley1
*1shockley1

It was discontinued but It's back! Lovely!!!!!!!!

BikiniBabe
BikiniBabe

I looooooooooove this bottle! =) It makes u feel like u have stepped back in time a good few hundred years and are using some oriental elixir to perfume yourself.

The perfume itself is "fiery" to say the least... u feel like u have unleashed a force of nature when putting this thing on. But sure enough it lets itself be tamed somewhat and it's very wearable. Still, i find it to be more suited for evening wear rather than day time. The projection and longevity are fantastic as well =)

samer007
samer007

just look at these notes! my favorite scents rolled into one decadent sultry thing mmm... although i dont really pick on the almond right away, i have to hunt for it. i immediately recall almond in hypnotic poison for instance:)
anyway this one is fierce; definetly boozy, the whiffs i get are heavenly oriental, boozy yet modern with the patchouli and semi-gourmand notes. the vetiver gives it a masculine edge that balances the whole composition. sillage and longevity are good:)
this one's a keeper.
4+ stars.

StellaXYH
StellaXYH

Since the notes listed are so intriguing to me, I got myself a sample of EDP to give a try. However, there's no spray. I had to dab. Thus, it may affect certain aspects.

The opening is indeed a dragon's kiss, fierce and burning. I get a lot of Amaretto and almond. Plus the volatile components, I instantly become a sort of drunk. The gardenia and the neroli are barely detectable unless in a small whiff.

While the scent starts to dry down, the vetiver takes the leading role. And the fragrance smells woody and very very dry, like what's left after drinking a strong liqueur. At this stage, it's very masculine.

Then it continues to evolve. After about 2 hours, chocolate and caramel lead the scent to a more feminine direction. It becomes creamy. I can imagine the dragon finally calms down. The sweet notes are not overpowering, but soften the whole scent. At this point, it's more like a skin scent. However, I can still get a whiff of the yummy scent frome time to time. The longevity is at least 8h+ and the sillage is huge at the beginning but becomes very close once dries down.

It's a sophiscated fragrance with complete different stages. It can be fierce or tender. A marvellous statement accessory for an autumn or winter night. I'll have to start the hunt for a full bottle!

matty64

To mothheela, you got ahold of a bad batch or something. The edp has a minimum sillage of 8 hrs. Maybe someone watered down your Dragon?

muskymoi
muskymoi

Oh. My. Word. I have never felt this way after a first sniff. It makes me absolutely dizzy. It smells woody and syrupy and I see drops of a sweaty molasses-like liqueur perched seductively on a lip. If I set my mind right, all I'd need is this perfume to rule the world. It's THAT potent. I'm procuring a bottle. Immediately.

ranchorita
ranchorita

My first time to try this, I think it's making me drunk. I want some more. Is it possible to be addicted to a fragrance the first time you try it? I'm beginning to think so. Love. Lust. LOVE. But mostly lust.

UPDATE: A co-worker said I'm too young for this fragrance. I sort of shrugged and chuckled. [I'm 47] Then another co-worker said this smells like a bowling alley. I don't know what to think, but I still love this. Won't stop me from buying a FB one day.

matty64

Love at first smell. Definitely unisex, it will depend on your bodys own chemistry. Enjoy the Dragon, while you can. Ciao

freddinos
freddinos

Much less amaretto and booze than anticipated, and more of the fire and spiciness that make it more masculine than feminine in my opinion. Also, I remember trying this when it first came out a few years back, and it seemed better back then, more mellow and sweet. Maybe my bottle is off? I am definitely not giving up on it yet, as I love its bottle, name and concept;)

sebjar
sebjar

This is quite awesome! I love the whole almond and Amaretto vibe in this along with the beautiful sweet notes of chocolate and caramel It reminds me of Angel for women by Thierry Mugler but different overall. I think it's the patchouli that's doing that. I guess I'm just a patch head but it's perfectly blended with the other notes. And then there's the whole benzoin drydown effect which is quite beautiful. It's definitely more for women but I'm digging it, it's quite sexy.

If my girl wore this I would love it and if she had it I would sneak a couple of sprays! It's a masterpiece in my book!

mwallwork
mwallwork

Cartier has re-issued Le Baiser du Dragon and it is currently available at Neiman Marcus. According to the Cartier SA, the fragrance was brought back due to the number of people asking for it.

I tried it at the store and it is everything beautiful and warm. It opens with patchouli and amaretto, then warms against the amber and benzoin. Rose kisses the whole very slightly. A powdery iris accord plays well with the other notes and I catch a slight chocolate from the patchouli. A white floral thread wanders throughout the composition.

Truly, this is a classic masterpiece as evidenced by the re-issue and the scores of lovers of this fragrance. I join them in their praise.

diva90403
diva90403

It`s hard to describe something if you are so much in love with it. Let`s keep it simple. This one will make you feel special and rich. I bought it straight from reviews. Tried it and was all over it. I think it might become my new signature. I´m building up stock and simply can`t stop buying bottles. So if anyone is out there who wants to get rid of his/her bottle please feel free to pm me. :)

marcey
marcey

Talk about being kissed by a dragon!! This initally applies very sharply but within a couple minutes it has lost enough of the sharpness to start you thinking & feeling. AFter a few hours it faded on me quite a bit but then I'd move my arm & get a whiff of one scent then a bit later another. I'm on the fence about purchasing a bottle as I need to make sure this will last more then 3 hours on me as more than just a tiny whiff every so often.

lyciumchld
lyciumchld

My mother adores this fragrance, and it smells divine on her skin. On me, however, it smells like mothballs! Can't win them all... Try before you buy to make sure it works for you!! This'll be a pass for me, sadly.

nero77
nero77

Quite an interesting one! Quite sweet and boozy to me. I think it settles down into a strong patchouli, ambery, sweet kind of smell. At the same time it's not sweet enough to be "girly" but it still has a feminine edge to me. That being said. A man could certainly pull this off. Fragrances with liqueur notes such as amaretto are used in many perfumes regardless of gender.

Who would wear this? Again, this is a "power woman" scent. Someone who is in an position of responsibility and/or authority. It goes with a suit and definitely for boardroom meetings. The dry down to me can come across as masculine but it still stays sweet so I think this fragrance defies gender altogether really. One thing is for sure, this may not be a "jeans and t-shirt" kind of scent. Definitely for someone who is dressed up. This is a fragrance which you have to learn how to wear (with class and style), so wear it with respect... before it wears you. Elegant!

gettheetoanunnery
gettheetoanunnery

I have worn this over the last two days trying to get a handle on what it is exactly that I'm experiencing. At first spray, it is huge - smoke, incense and a underlying almost metallic sulphur. Next comes the patch and the amaretto- but tainted by the sulphorous smoke note. I keep waiting for the desired caramel and dark chocolate to creep in and balance this but it hasn't arrived. It wears hot, my skin feels hot, and am feeling slightly queasy. Wanted to love this desperately (especially given I have just brought a bottle based on reviews and accords listed). Alas, this dragon does not like my skin.
It is very aptly named
I aim to try again in winter and see how it develops on colder skin (still very warm here in Queensland, Australia)

Moonclaw
Moonclaw

Just bought the EDP of this little gem last week and have now worn it twice. At first the impression of vanilla was very strong, then it settled into the lush warmth that many other reviewers have described. This is a lovely fragrance, very rich, very strong, definitely night time! It is very unusual and lasts nearly 24 hours on me. HIghly recommended, quite unique. I love it.

wendyyparty

Also I think this could pass for a unisex fragrance due to the strong vetiver and non-sweet quality

Elegant... but way too far from being typical.

*****************

Beautiful
Special
YUM

wendyyparty

I'm a writer... and I always love expressing what I think or feel, to make sure that all the readers can comprehend my messages as clearly as possible. In fragrantica, it has been usual for me to point out my vivid opinion on various fragrances I've tried.

But for some reason I can't do that to the (edp) LBDD...

Confused and skeptical, sometimes I get to love this fiery little dragon..., sometimes I just like it, or even being intimidated by it. Inhaling this scent has burnt inside my chest, making me dizzy and fuzzy as if I have been drinking.

Also the conflicts; the amaretto and amber keep me warm while fresh iris and cedar leave me cold... the strong patchouli vs the softness of almond... the vetiver bitter while rose, musk and lovely caramel manage to retain their sweetness.... all fighting to reveal their true selves, yet again well harmonised in only one spray.

All in all, I get to know LBDD.... to love it, and to be drowned by it... but I will never fully understand it.

John_John
John_John

If you want to smell like money, this is the one.
The richest of the rich... exquisite patchouli giving up to show a warm fuzzy powdered cinnamon heart .
This is for the daring , unique ladies & girls, use moderately or the patchouli wont leave the room ever.

b@by
b@by

Alcohol at the start, followed by a very pleasant nuttiness, and "nose-warming" scent. It's quite delicious, like a liqueur soaked torte. Definitely noticeable and sophisticated, but a little strong for my tastes. Packs that same sort of punch like Gucci Gucci, or less so Trouble by Boucheron. The warmth of the Amaretto really does bring a little dragon into the mix :)

Christinasegal123
Christinasegal123

I wanted SO much to love this and sadly I don't. I went to Nieman's sprayed a tad on my pulse point am d immediately frowned. I decided to give it it time and walked around the mall for hours. It has a sharp sour note to it that I just can't put my finger on. Perhaps it is the mixology on my skin, it just doesn't work. I might revisit it again in the future.

antfarm
antfarm

I've tried two different samples and each one smelled like a completely different perfume. I think they were both EDP though.

Sample 1: Very off-putting strong alcohol beginning softening into a sexual, spicy masterpiece, as if I bathed in the essense of the Indies. There is something hot and breathy about it, really just like a dragrons' kiss. Want.

Sample 2 (Modern EDP): Pretty linear. All almonds and vetiver with just a slight amount of spice. More masculine and woodsy in feel than the first sample.

I want to like this, but I need to find a bottle that smelled like the first sample. Maybe sample 1 was the extrait or vintage.

suhaesa

a beautiful perfume.. its smokey.. ambery ..vanilic.. warm.. spicy.. woody ..its a mysterious perfume.. it started the new age trend of tom ford black and poison dior hypnotic and addict.. it has that new vibe.. yet with limitations which is on my good side.. for i personally prefare my old school perfumes.. i was just reviewing panther de cartier.. and now reviewing this.. not a very good idea..but i will try to set aside my great love for my panthers.. and go for dragons..
i guess the fire of the dragon will keep you warm in all those wintry nights.. and keep you strong and safe.. yet do be careful from the over heating of this hidden monster.. its a powerful scent.. delusion ed to be a warm.. humble.. smokey.. aromafull.. its a perfume that has some sort of personality disorder.. or schizophrenia.. for you get whiffs of subtle.. calmness.. and sereneness.. and beneath it all hypnotic vibes of eternal fire ..amber.. patchily.. the mystery ..then it calms down with balminess.. almonds..
i can feel the orient ..it develops and dries nicer than when you first apply it it.. has a full body ..of passion and integrity..its earthy.. its fiery.. its whimsical.. its a true dragon worrier s perfume..tonka bean.. i smell hints of sandalwood.. or some other smokey woods..i smell earth and fire.. love and passion.. i smell the east meeting the west.. on earth.. with lots of smoke.. and fire.. and wood.. all melting in to vanilla and mystery..
it reminds me of the agent provocateurs.. a bit masculine.. a bit too dry.. in a sweet way.. its a beautiful perfume.. no doubt.. but i feel its missing the lucidness.. the deliciousness.. its got a bit from obsession ck.. a bit from many.. but yet unique.. higher in grandeur.. in a level of its own.. still wearable.. very much an oriental.. warm.. spicy.. woodsy.. magical.. and gets better with time.. the longer you ware it.. the more beautiful it becomes.. just like if you want to concur a dragon.. he has to chose you firs..t and give him time ..same goes here ..its not for everyone..but if it finds you.. you will discover eternal strength and pride.. and soar high with your dragon..

perfume ratting 4.4 out of 5
bottle ratting 4.3 out 5
edp eu de parfum 100 ml spray
my personal liking 4.5 out 5

woodlandwalk
woodlandwalk

This is a gorgeous, deep and comforting fragrance - if it's a dragon it's a very chilled out one! - occasional wisps of flame curl smokily from his nostrils while he snoozes in the sunshine.

Th heart of this perfume seems to be amber and benzoin - warm, woody and sweet. The booze factor is not so much Amaretto to my nose (thankfully, because that would be more almond than I would want, though there are toasted almonds in this) it feels very much like Immortelle to me (also called curry plant). Immortelle's used to flavour liqueurs and some foods, as well as perfume - it's a dry, herbal,very warm and golden fragrance and it wafts in the breeze along Mediterranean coastlines.

It conjures up unusual, though lovely, contradictions for me, because I feel that I'm sitting in a room surrounded by antique wooden furniture that's warmed by summer sunshine streaming through the windows, it's a bit like being curled up in an old oak wardrobe, feels kind of safe.

Vetiver and rose emerge as it dries down - very soft, gentle and quite fairy tale forest-like

This one of the most unisex perfumes I've ever tried - it would be gorgeous on both sexes. I'd wear it in Winter to warm me up, but also in summer because to me it's full of sunlight

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

Upon first spray, this dragon breathes a whoosh of his bitter, boozy breath on you. You step back, unsure whether to run or not. Is it a good smell or a bad smell? You are not sure at first, but it is so intriguing you stick around waiting for more. The dragon nods at you and settles down into a comfy position on his silk pillow. He smolders silently with wisps coming out his nostrils and his eyes covered with half-closed lids. You approach, wanting to stroke his beautiful green iridescent skin. The closer you get, the better he smells, jasmine, gardenia, amber and green patchouli. You want to cuddle up and nap with him. But.... he is a dragon.. is that wise?

Then, unexpectedly, the dragon gives you a little wink and lets his warm lips lightly brush your cheek. You are taken aback but delighted at the warm, spicy smell of his lips so close to yours. You find yourself feeling faint but the dragon holds you up with his wingtip and moves you next to his warm and surprisingly smooth green skin while you recover enough to give him a return kiss on the cheek and walk away amazed at your bravery. He tastes a bit like chocolate and caramel mixed with the cedar shavings in his pillow. Are you dreaming? You may never know....

judyk
judyk

LBDD is a peculiar scent (edp). The opening, skin scent and projection could be three different perfumes.

The first spray smells strongly of rose and... something. If it weren't for the fact that it's not listed, I'd have said oud. In fact, at this stage it reminds me very much of Rasasi's Amber Oudh.

The skin scent is a gentler rose with some fruity sweetness, woody notes, a bit of musk and lots of patchouli. I don't smell any Amaretto or almond, nor any other identifiable flowers.

The projection is a rich chocolatey patchouli and rose.

What a strange beast this is.

FunkyTomo

EDP is for sale again on the Cartier website !!! I have emailed them for prices as none are stated on their site.

I cant wait to get this again , i was going to treat myself to one of the bottles that sometimes appear on ebay , for my birthday in April.....However i am scared to get a fake !! I didnt think there were many fake cartiers out there , but reading in other reviews that people have bought this online and its been a weak scent ? Dragon should NOT smell weak.......Ever....Even if you have perfume eating skin as I do. I just havent got the spare ££ to waste it on a fake

So i am ECSTATIC that Cartier has re-released it.

I wonder if they read these boards and have taken note of its many fans :)

HAPPY DAYS !!

Indeed if anyone knows any other scents that are similar to this , please let me know. Cartier is pricey for my pocket , but for the quality and originality of this wonderfull perfume , in this case I can justify the high price....More than worth it....I shall use it for special occasions , it would be nice to have a cheaper alt for day to day wear though. ( if anything cheaper/as fabulous as this exsists , I wil be surprised !!)

AngieGCarp
AngieGCarp

The name of this perfume put me off but today I tried this lovely perfume via a GENEROUS sample given to my from a fellow fragrance fanatic...What hit my nose at first was a kind of cold minty smell (vetiver) and just a mild smell of amaretto (if you don't mention that as an ingredient I think any one would smell it)....This is a skin scent. The kind your man would like on your neck because it is soft not loud like the name may lead you to think. Overall, I am just one of many on this page that loves it...not sure if I will buy a full bottle (I am afraid of the price) maybe when I turn 40?

Happy Perfuming! ♥

Laureline
Laureline

I recently bought an edt tester, with apparently all the right numbers and mentions on bottle and box, but it was so light, it made me want for more... so I searched, and found a pure perfume tester, unused, with all the right numbers and mentions on bottle and box.
Well, it is not any better. The notes seem to be correct, but I can hardly smell anything really. Faintly the idea of chocolaty almond unsweetened.
Barely scented water.
All those testers on the web are fake. If you ask me. Well made fakes somehow, but fakes.
edit - the next day, there is ambery chocolate, not heavy but refined, probably thanks to the vetiver, left on my CLOTHES.
so maybe they are not fakes. maybe I expected a powerful perfume with a bit more projection (but without the explosion describing the edp, well, silly me ?) but it does behave in an unusual way !

amaraztavich
amaraztavich

oh my goodness i am so happy, my beloved Baiser du Dragon will soon be at harrods :D
AND is currently being sold at Neiman Marcus online as well as Cartier online? nownownow, this is a good day!

Assiduosity
Assiduosity

A wonderfully romantic fragrance with the savour and scent of Northern Italy, Baiser Du Dragon, is, like the best love affairs sensuous and consoling in equal measure.

The opening thrill, a mix of boozy Amaretto and sweet flaked almonds stays in place for the whole relationship.

As time passes and the affair solidifies into something more concrete the composition gains a rich wooden form with some patchouli that softer notes of caramel, dark chocolate and sweet amber can be draped on.

Though gourmand, the whole effect is sweet but not syrupy, comforting rather than cloying.

This is a nurturing, nourishing passion that smoulders with a soft intensity for a long while.

The eternal question? Man or woman?

Surely in matters of the heart we are all lovers.

guest_Vie Cafe
guest_Vie Cafe

in a very odd coincidence, I have received both EdT and EdP in the mail today, in sample vial form. One from Ebay (EdP) and one from a nice Fragrantican.

The EdT was much lighter and soft, more on the woody side, the vetiver was dominant and somehow the dark liquor note was not very present. I got more of a light, floral, sweet-ish and dry vetiver scent with a white alcohol note. Also, I get a sour tang like the one in Instant magique...?

The EdP sample (which seems vintage) was a sticky, woody Amaretto fume which was heady and intoxicating. The vetiver was strong like a men's cologne.

Did I sample the very new 2013 formulation and the older formulation? Or are there 2 different Baiser du dragon? I am confused. I loved both of them, but they were VERY different.

I am looking for this, in EDT any size but prefer smaller bottles... pm me

Scentabella
Scentabella

I wonder if cartier has done to basier what chanel did to CoCo , reformu-ruinate it.......only a week or so to find out, ....

teilani
teilani

While this is not my only woody scent, it is my favourite out of a very small sampling. In the first few minutes, it's too sharp and just too much, but within just 15 minutes this becomes one of the special ones.

When I need to remind myself that I can be formidable, or when I am already reveling in it, this is what I reach for without thought. When I am traveling down south and know I will have the opportunity listen to some jazz, this comes with me. I agree with sherapop for the imagery it evokes, and fittingly enough given it's name. While I'm not sure that the imagery ever quite existed the way I imagine, that's quite okay; the fantasy is half the fun.

Amber, amaretto, bitter almonds, benzoin, cedar, gardenia, and patchouli that is not being a bully are among my favourite parts of this wonderful scent.

Also, this is surely a unisex scent. I can most readily imagine loving it on the right guy where different notes may be highlighted due to different chemistry.

aldi
aldi

I did not believe that Dragon is coming back, so I emailed Cartier and got response :

''In order to respond to your enquiry, may we confirm that the Le Baiser du Dragon Eau de Parfum will be available at Harrods from February 2013.''

I cannot even express how happy I am ;)

gracious
gracious

Le Baiser du Dragon is one of the most sophisticated and elegant fragrances that exist in the market of perfumes.
It has a unique, original proposal.
I recommend

Jayela
Jayela

really intresting scent. even I dont like this kind of scent I must admit it has an extraordinary aura.

should try. trust me.

girlsworld
girlsworld

So pleased to hear this will be available in Harrods soon as searching for the eau de parfum - Thank you for sharing this info !

handbagshoes
handbagshoes

I sent an email to Cartier asking why they have discontinued this beautiful perfume and if they will be bringing it back out. I received a response from Cartier 28th December 2012 which read:-

"In response to your enquiry, we regret to inform you that the Le Baiser Du Dragon parfum about which you have enquired no longer forms part of our current collection and is not available for purchase.

However, we are delighted to announce that Le Baiser du Dragon eau de Parfum will be available for purchase from February 2013 at Harrods."

I will be the first in the queue in February at Harrods.

scentsforme
scentsforme

OMG, I love this the reviews are spot on. Very unique and deep warming…:P

mimikins24
mimikins24

WOW! This divine fragrance reminds me a great deal of the drydown of Rochas Alchimie (minus the plum notes), which for me is wonderful.

A very boozy beginning, almond and amaretto, over a base of patchouli, benzoine and caramel. As it dries, the white floral comes out, in particular the gardenia and jasmine.

I really do not get any fruitiness at all, but rather a smoky and cedar undertone. It is overall a strong, bold, delicious sweet scent.

I love Prada Candy for its fun, carefree take on the gourmand, but this is her sophisticated older sister for evening! Yet another magnificent fragrance which has been dicontinued, but can be found for a song on EBay (as I found mine). Splurge on the EDP for extra richness.

pattyk
pattyk

I just bought this fragrance on EBAY and at first I thought what is this! I didn't like it but within 10 minutes it was fantastic! I couldn't quit smelling my wrist. So I must say this is one of my top ten perfumes now. Worth buying and keeping!

s_athena
s_athena

Now THIS is what Hypnotic Poison should have smelled like. And yet Hypnotic Poison, that root-beer float with play-doh scoops, is the best-seller, while this paragon of warmth and exotic sensuality is discontinued... It's a lack of cosmic justice in my opinion.

This is my perfect almond - woody, nutty, earthy, and lots of sweetness but no sugar or saccharine in sight. Amaretto, bittersweet chocolate, and warm amber, with shots of vetiver and cedar to cut through the sugar and balance the composition. Earthy patchouli provides a thumping bass line. Sweet, but adult and well-balanced - the product of a true master at work. This is one to be savored, or as my mother would say, "higado de ganzo" (literally "goose liver").

barbie_18
barbie_18

I love this perfume! Its powerful, woodsy and sophisticated. This is a great buy.

Jellybean
Jellybean

Powerful alcoholic delight!
Amaretto, vanilla cream, chocolate, nuts and patchouli. Winner!
This is put quite well together.
Floral drydown. Lasts awhile, thru the evening, night and in the morning my clothes were still buzzing pretty good, more like flowery buzz:)
Great creation!

ninaboo
ninaboo

WHY the HELL was this discontinued? What is wrong with Cartier and Boucheron ???? ( discontinued Jaipur and Jaipur Saphir AND TROUBLE).
I feel bereaved!

bond_girl1979
bond_girl1979

I wanted to love this smell badly, based on reviews and notes, designe of bottle etc. Unfortunately for me, there is a prominant screechy note in the dry-down in the form of vetiver - which is headache/nausea inducing stuff for me. Without the vetiver, I´m sure I might have liked it to an extent. The almond-amaretto note dominates against a woody background. Warm, woody, and almondy. This scent is for the confident woman, but unfortunately it wasn´t at all for me.

shtellungeza
shtellungeza

My dad gave this perfume as a present to my mother years ago. I thought it was such waste of money a..My mother didn't like it either...recently I came across it in an airport and I must say WHAT A STUPID CHILD WAS I -.-" I really really fell in love with this perfume. It's almost intimidating . I can't even picture myself becoming such a charming woman to ever be able to wear this perfume properly. I hope some day I will as for now I'll go with fresh fruity ones. BUT ONE DAY I"M GONNA GET U MY DEAR KISS OF THE DRAGON. THIS TIME I"LL TRULY APPRECIATE YOUR POWER :)

Descartes
Descartes

This is another masterpiece from Spanish perfumer Alberto Morillas . It feels very evocative, nostalgic and complex. I feel like being in the Lantern Festival in Taiwan in an spiritual aura of love ascending in the darkest night to the sky.

06. november 2012
I second to the previous reviewer about the difference between EDP and EDT! Have tried them both and EDT is not impressive at all! Just a sickening weak smelly water and you will hardly understand those rave reviews of ours, who madly in love with this perfume, based on your experience with EDT. Just try the EDP and you will understand the richness, the fullness, the beauty of this fragrance! Yes, it is scary in the opening for an untrained nose, i remember i was horrified by it in the beginning and completly disliked this fragrance because of that! But when i tried it again and waited, i was honoured with an one of the most unique bouquet of notes in perfumery. Almonds, amaretto, smoky notes, bitterness WOW! If you like sweet fragrances it might not be your glass of whiskey :) It is very masculine, but there is nothiong manly in it! EDT is just weak and dilluted, no smokiness, no richness, i was surprised when i tried it that it is more horrible than EDP and if i would have tried it first i think i would never go for EDP or PARFUM ever! Lucky me, i choose the hard way and very stubborn, so i didn´t give up on this one. Those who feel that EDT is not enough, go for EDP at least in a sample. But of course pure parfum is the smoothiest of them all, to me it´s like a valerian to a cat! Literally! :)))

P.S. As much as i have tried and own Cartier fragrances i can tell that the best way to enjoy them is go ONLY for EDP or Parfum. All their EDT-s are poor crafted, compared to those ones! Believe me!

Симба
Симба

Do not agree, the difference between the PV and TV is!
PV a rosin-resinous, dense, less sweet.
TV more floral, transparent, and even gives a musky-benzoin powder. On my skin like a calypso Piguet, Flower by Kenzo. PV is not able to.
I prefer PV, and am very glad that I have a double. TV rid of.

Cairo Rose
Cairo Rose

HOLY SMOKES!!! The first few minutes of this perfume are scarry...my nose was twitching and burning ....more like a dragons bad bad fiery breath....after a couple minutes I get a slightly better cedar, pine tar note...bearable but nothing great....15 minutes down the road the perfume suddenly changes to a deep and spicy, with a hint of smokyness....I imagine a sleepy dragon with whisps of smoke drifting out of it's nostrils...
simply magical!!!

busik

About the difference between EDT and EDP-itself was interesting. No difference between the two, or in the notes or in the sound. EDT just a little easier. Did not expect! So, do not worry who EDT, just to update, if you feel that the flavor of scatter, good luck!

busik

And I finally got to it, dug at the bottom of the shelf, happy! And just sensed something dusty musty-sad-sour. Okay, I think, to understand it more splashed on the wrist. I go and I think, well, then none of my, something in my head did not work out this puzzle. That means one less Wishlist. But 20 minutes later I feel a gentle, pleasant smell, somewhere right under my nose, and it is bang-wrist! Girls, I was in a stupor! I could not believe metamorphosis occurred. I have the first time in his life, the first perfume that so changed. Blotter pull out all the exact same mold, dust, and easy on the skin fresh-tree miracle! Ah, here it is, what a kiss! Either amaretto or chocolate or almond or amber for me cedar, patchouli, vetiver and benzoin and a little drop of rose. Everything is air, spring! Only after three hours blotter began to change in the same notes as the skin. With skin stetel hours for 4, but the second day blotter fragrant and starts to resemble the very base of L'Agent by Agent Provocateur (can you hear so many medicine and drugs?) Thing is, to the hair and to fly in the spring breeze.

mandy.may
mandy.may

Smell damn near killed me. Even my dog started choking and ran out of the room. I felt I was suffocating in a cloud of stank. Hideous and horrible, this shizz smells more like a dragon's dirrrrty beeeeehind ...Threw it in the trash! And it was a sample, stronger than an atomic bomb. It felt like a nuclear world war was happening in my house!!!

Sophie.love

This is the smell of tiramisu ( bitter-sweet ) :)
Love this perfume !!!!
Buy it girls !!!

smellysmellycat
smellysmellycat

İf this is a dragon's kiss then i assume the dragon must be very gentle.

The scent is elegant classy as mentioned above by many users but it s not that passionate as one would expect from the name. İt does not burn your skin and its really similar with Lanvin Oxygen.

Truly a classic...

jadetrail51
jadetrail51

I often purchase a scent in advance of my travels. Such is the case of LE BAISER DU DRAGON and my first trip to China, specifically cruising down the Yangzte river before it was dammed and it's cities buried forever. This is a mysterious and powerful scent. Not for everybody or every occasion. I wear this in the fall and it takes me back to a time and place that I can only return to in my dreams.

irin_ka
irin_ka

Oh my god! What a powerful, enchanting, intoxicating and elegant smell! Tonnes of character and charisma. It will make you feel like femme fatale. So why is it so hard to find now?(((
Oh, and it blends so good with leather... mmmmm..... makes me extatic)))

Ponyfields
Ponyfields

Oh, I'm in heaven. This is just so delicious and grown up. I feel like I should be slinking about in a floor length red dress (slashed to the hip) with a glass of whiskey in one hand and a cigarette holder in the other. This perfume makes me feel dangerous and womanly like no other scent.

The first spray is astringent, sharp and volatile. Almost instantly the amaretto and almonds come to the forefront, making this creamy, sweet and a little bit spicy. As time goes on it mellows; it's relaxing and warming and the sweetness fades. If I had to liken the experience of wearing this perfume to anything it would be taking a big sip of good, expensive liquor.

NytenGail
NytenGail

After seeing the notes and reading the previous reviews, I was expecting something a little like Hypnotic Poison (the strong almond notes). To me, this is a much sharper and dryer scent than I was expecting. It has a bit of a spicy, almost metallic bite to it, especially in the top notes, although the base is definitely warm and luxurious. Still very almondy, but more of an oldschool, bitter-dry almond. Don't expect the creamy-sweetness of Hypnotic poison from this fire-breather ;)

an.jorePipip
an.jorePipip

It is the first oriental fragrance that I wear, previously I wore mostly woody/fresh fragrances. I have no idea this is a women's perfume, my friend said it is unisex. First time I sprayed it on my skin, I was confused since the scent was quite different than the scents I wore, but I gave it a try. Luckily I did it, because it blends nicely with my body odor and has a great longevity as well, 12 hours in my skin. Starting there, I don't really care whether a perfume is intended for men or women, as long as it could blend with my body odor. Le Baiser du Dragon surely a great perfume, I praise it and will have the second bottle of it!

suhaesa

simply a master.................................... ...piece.. beautiful..elegant..classy..full. rounded woody.. musky.. balmy.. heavenly.. its like a combination of all my fa vourite fragrance, like the woody orientals such as opium ysl ,obsession, shalimar etc..
its true its been a very long time since we found a true perfumers perfume that reminds us of all time classics that are worth calling perfumes!

rating 4.8 out 5

vdxl
vdxl

This is definitely unisex. I bought an EDT tester and I enjoy wearing: it is bitter, woody, a little bit sweet, and I get also a hint of gardenia I love. One of the most sensual, classy and interesting designer fragrances ever. Why is it discontinued? The EDP is equally interesting, but the EDT is worth checking, it packs a lot of sillage and longevity, and it smells equally sensual on men and women. I love that almond suggestion note ( it is not straight-forward- the perfume is extremely well blended). It can be worn anytime, anywhere: anytime you wanna feel sensual and attractive, that is.

leorine
leorine

Just got it. a little spicy and woody for 20 minutes at the begining but two hours later just pure smell of amber and caramela, which is the most significat accords of this perfume, at that time it smells exactly same as as Elixir des Merveilles Hermes but if you dont like amber and caramela definetly dont buy it. I think it is not intense for an oriental EPD, I have expected something more sharp and spicy like Opium but it turns out to be very sweet. I dont know maybe it smells different in every skin.

RandiR
RandiR

Love this!! It is sensual, warm and spicy, yet has a sweet almondy undertone - it reminds a bit of the classic 80s 'Gianni Versace' without the cloying swwetness. (I loved 'Goanni Versace " at the time but it was definitely a perfume for a 22 year old!!).

anniebanannie
anniebanannie

The fact that this perfume has been reformulated with synthetics and still manages to impress me should attest to its greatness. Like many others, this perfume contains a note I'm not so fond of, for the fact that it seems not to like me either; Patchouli. I try and try, and have conviced myself, rightfully so, that it does not suit me. On me, both the patchouli and amaretto scents translate as the smell of old, overworn couches. Therefore, I don't like it, but on myself. The perfume itself is wonderful. But on the right people, this perfume smells beyond beautiful. Bold, audacious, classic, and very womanly. Unlike plenty of recent perfumes that quite frankly, don't have any distinct personality. There's so many reviews of this perfume that I can't bother trying to decipher it or describe it because it has been done beyond measure. The only thing I hope anyone reading my review gets is that if you like IN YOUR FACE and sultry, check this out. But it you're a sheep,like myself, and define femininity and sensuality in a softer more naturalistic way, this is not your girl. And there is nothing wrong with that.

nofixedstars
nofixedstars

Le Baiser du Dragon...on me, more like a butterfly's kiss.

It starts promisingly enough, with a sharp sparkle of hot spice, followed by a quick cascade of other appealing things: almond-benzoin-vetiver-patchouli-woods. Then there arises a hint of chocolate, which I found discordant, but which doesn't last for more than a few moments. A teasing wisp of flowers that comes and goes repeatedly. i'm reminded in passing of classic orientals like Opium, though this doesn't feel derivative. A few minutes after application, Baiser has dried down to a subtle warm veil of scent, in which it is difficult to discern anything other than benzoin, light amber, and spices; I like this scent, but I have to plaster my wrist to my face and inhale long and patiently to find it. I fetch the bottle and reapply. Great cascade effect again---yes, this is nice! And then -poof- it's gone again, back to that very pleasant but faint drydown. Another ridiculously heavy application, wrist-rubbing, all my tricks for saturating my skin with a scent fail to anchor it with any greater degree of vavoom. And this was on freshly moisturized post-bath skin...generally my best bet for getting perfume to settle in and stay a while...In case I had somehow become anosmic to it, I asked others to tell me what they could smell on my wrist. One responded, "your (unscented) body lotion? I think?", and the other, "I think there's some cinnamon and maybe something ambery, but it's really faint."

Clearly, other reviewers have found Baiser du Dragon much more assertive; and it is quite common for perfumes to be much lighter on me than on other people. For those who experienced this perfume more powerfully, I would think it could be wonderful.

I liked it greatly, (enough, actually, that I felt petulant when I realized that it would never suffuse my skin in any lasting way), but it's so light that it isn't a viable option for me. Because, to paraphrase the old question about a tree falling in a forest, if a perfume wafts scent on a body but no one can smell it, is it still a perfume? Regretfully, I must assign this to the category of scents that I like very much but can't wear due to their intrinsic lightness---whether by formulation or due to my individual chemistry quirks. Oh, golden butterfly, I wish I could fan you into a true dragon...

katemcq
katemcq

I smelled this on someone at a party once and, before I had introduced myself to her, said, "oh my god, you smell amazing!" Turns out, this is what she was wearing, and she told me it had been discontinued...

Fast forward to today, I get a generous sample from Neiman... I get it home to try it and I spray once - faint almond, then something else... peanut! then.... nothing. Gone. I tried a few more squirts, and the same fast fade. :(

Hours later, if I really put my nose to my wrist, I _think_ I smell something like a very very faint wood smell and a whiff of amaretto, but it's barely there.

I'm not going to give up yet - maybe I got the weak batch a few others fell prey to as well. I'll update if things get better.

Bklynlatinlady
Bklynlatinlady

I smelled this today, sadly it is discontinued which I am very disappointed with however I put myself on the list at Saks for it. It captivated me that much for it. The smell is delicious, mysterious and I love the warm spicy finish. It's composition is complex yet the end result is beautiful. Cartier knows how to blend all these scents and finish it as something delightful. I have never really smelled Cartier fragrances except for Delicaces and that was overly sweet, but this is divine. Definitely want to own a bottle before it becomes very hard to find.
Couldn't wait for Saks to call me not knowing if they ever would. Had to get it so ordered it online :)

I got it, love it. The only bad thing on this it doesn't last as long as I wish it would. :(

joliecat
joliecat

Baiser Du Dragon EDP smells elegant, rich, obviously a high end quality perfume. At first spray, like most all perfumes these days, it has that sharp, ugly shocking smell. This is due to the synthetic ingredients that the IFU rules have mandated for all perfumes. Perfume houses have no choice but to use synthetics. Unfortunately, classic perfumes have been reformulated with synthetics, or discontinued completely. However, don't let that first blast scare you away from any perfumes. The initial ugly shock dissipates quickly. Basier Du Dragon continues to open beautifully, embracing you in its magic. Both soft and strong, sensuously spicy, deep, and enduring. The scent surrounds you in a mysterious, inviting , undulating cloud. It's super sexy ! Best on strong, confident women who can carry it off. I LOVE this perfume !

LaLaPop75
LaLaPop75

Very rich and elegant..the chocolate comes through in the beginning along with almonds and amaretto. Vetiver,rose, jasmin...lots and lots of patchouli!! I love that..This is TM's Angel dressed up with amaretto and more intense earthy notes..vetiver/cedar. Benzoin very noticeable. This is a delicious perfume. I wore this in hot weather today and it was gorgeous..the patchouli jumped out. A mature version of Angel.

Bettany87
Bettany87

First spray was very compelling, I got the amaretto and bitter almond right away. It dried down to a warm and more alluring spicy scent still holding on to its potency. To me this fragrance exudes wealth, confidence and passion. Very strong ... but I just can't stay away from it ... it's quite bewitching.

OlfactoryOverload
OlfactoryOverload

Very boozy and spicy and even soapy with lots of depth.

I'm on the fence with this one. I like it but, I'm not in love with it.

Reminds me of Creed's Jasmin Imperatrice Eugenie.
They both have that spicy base with boozy jasmine on my skin.

dlane1953
dlane1953

Well, I'm almost speechless. I'm quite overwhelmed by this fragrance. Sumptuous, sensuous, erotic, powerfully compelling. (Discontinued, I've read, but why? This is one of the finest fragrances I've ever worn, how unfortunate!) The first few notes are potent; a slightly boozy note, bitter almonds, and the richness of gardenia come to the forefront with the neroli playing the darker note. The middle florals, rich but not cloying, are blended with musk and cedar, which gives the floral notes a smoky, almost burnt sort of note. Sultry florals, not a fresh, green bouquet; dried flowers. The drydown is a spectacular woody blend of resins, cedar, amber, patchoulli, and vetiver. The chocolate note smells like shavings of bittersweet chocolate, rich but without sweetness. Oddly, I picked up the caramel note when I sniffed the scent directly from the bottle, but could not detect it in the drydown. Highly recommended. High sillage, very potent and long-lasting, use sparingly. (I could still catch whiffs of this the following day.) A special night-out (or night in!) scent; definately too potent for daytime wear. Unless you want strange men following you around...and they will.

FunkyTomo

Possibly THE best perfume Ive ever had the pleasure of trying !

Wonderful sillage n longevity.....This stuff is strong and intoxicating - just the way i like it ! .....It is slightly gourmand/sweet , with a sexy smoky undercurrent. Its actually SO well put together i find it hard to describe ...words cannot do it justice. Its dark , sexy , woody , smoky , classy , grown =up , femme fatale , man magnet perfume .

To the Countess below - ( nice name!) Sadly it is discontinued and its getting more expensive by the day on eBay.

Ive not smelt anything ever close to this in terms of its sheer "Fabulousness" !! It seems every perfume i really love gets discontinued , and i cant find anything that comes close = Sad face !!!

CARTIER = WHAT WERE YOU THINKING OF WHEN YOU DISCONINUED THIS AMAZING SCENT?

Afterthought - I can imagine Dita Von Teese wearing this while performing her "Opium Den " burlesque routine

TheCountess
TheCountess

For what I've read, it's discontinued. Is it true? Because if it is, then it's sad. It looks interesting and I wanted to try it.

I've worn Le Baiser du Dragon for a little less than a day and my opinions keep chopping and changing. When I first sprayed it on my wrist, I got a dense and spicy mothball scent, so with that I put my sample up for swap immediately. Then I gave it a second chance an hour later, only to find the scent much changed, so I removed it from my swap list.

It's quite a boozy scent when it first hits the skin. It is most likely the amaretto note that makes Le Baiser du Dragon a little strong and alcoholic in the opening, and as result made me think this was a basic, uncomplicated fragrance before giving it a fair chance to develop.

The heart is much more promising. I smell a piney note, rich and dense like a pine forest, but upon further reflection, it may just be the blend of cedar, patchouli and amaretto. Dark, bitter chocolate makes an appearance every now and then with a soft caramel toffee accord, but they are in no way a big feature in this fragrance's composition.

Throughout its development, Le Baiser du Dragon becomes increasingly more and more spicy and resinous. The 'kiss of the dragon' is a suitable name for this fragrance. It's quite exotic, mystical and fiery. Supposedly it's considered by many men and women as intoxicating and sexy.

Le Baiser du Dragon isn't only for women. The spicy woods have a somewhat masculine edge that would possibly smell very pleasing on man's skin. The more I smell this fragrance, the more I'm convinced that I should keep wearing it, even be brave enough to wear it around my rather picky significant other.

taboo2287
taboo2287

i smelled this one on my recent trip to Beirut at an old perfumes shop, wow it has such a mix of spirits! my mother friend use to have one of most beautiful mansions everything there had taste going there was such a joy for me as a little kid but the smell of the mansion still lingers in my memory, she use to dap "oud wood" in pure arabian oil and put them in sealed jars and store them for weeks then she sets them on flaming charcoal, oh boy imagine the smell <3 La Baiser Du Dragon smells exactly like her mansion... but i find the lasting power is a bit weak :(

shalimarinitial
shalimarinitial

To me it resembles Bvlgari Omnia. I love it.....

LillyBunnyBoo
LillyBunnyBoo

Oh, poo. I wanted SO BADLY too love this! Got a sample today. Keep seeing it pop up in "who likes this, also likes" and thought, hey. It's oriental woody. I love oriental woody. Got to be a good perfume for me. WRONG. Smells very masculine on me and way too spicy for my skin. Seriously - the more I smell it on my skin, the more I want my husband to wear it. Not a BAD scent...just not for me. :(

darkhorse
darkhorse

Terribly good.
I feel almost sorry as spring is beginning: this is a scent for cold times.
A valid reason to long for winter..!

Militza
Militza

Why would they discontinue this in the year of the dragon? That is retarded. It is bad enough that most of the world cannot understand the deep Kundalini of Oriental fragrances. Must we educate them all?
So...another great oriental fragrance must bow to summer and all its fruity wonder. Sigh.

Sophie.love

What a perfume !!!! It's longevity on my skin is awsome
: 7 a.m - 9 p.m !!!! I can't describe it . Sweet ( not vanilla ) , woddy , incese . These 3 notes can I fell on my skin . An erotic and hot smell . The name fits well ....indeed THE DRAGON KISS . Positive vote .

frusia
frusia

This perfume is dark and velvety. It can be unisex, but if it's a woman that is wearing it, she is a dragon woman. She is not a pink cute, neither she is the ‘sex in the city’ type of woman. She is a warrior - silent, watchful, deep. Intense.
I wouldn’t say it’s an everyday fragrance, yet it’s so intriguing that one is tempted to wear it all the time anyway.

miss.stephanie
miss.stephanie

Cartier, Please dont stop making this. Its my favourite. and I have only a 30ml bottle of it left :(

aschiffm
aschiffm

this perfume is very strong but still sensual, you need a strong personality to pull this one off but it is great. on me i smell mostly the amaretto and almond. its a bit bitter, the patchouli and incense come through as well. its perfect for fall nights, sooo deep extremely warm and perfect.

jonr951
jonr951

La Baiser Du Dragon is BRILLIANT stuff! If you have yet to experience it, do look out for it. It's wonderful and I really need to get my hands on a bottle. Beautiful.

zielona

Damn you, Cartier, for discontinuing my beloved one.

akats

sometimes, we have to wait to explore smells. To get used to them. This fragrance is so mysterious that it doesn't reveal its mystery to you quickly. It took me time to love it because i was waiting wrong things from it. My first review was not good because I was waiting to be a fierce smell, an oriental scream and it isn't. It is a lovely modest sweet, woody delight, warm and tender. So tender that i can wear it from morning to late at night.
My husband smelled it once, and he wanted to try it on his skin too. Wow! the smell loved his chemistry. Now we share this perfume, as he got crazy with it! The perfume showed all of its magic notes on his skin!!

lilbit
lilbit

Opening notes are very unfavorable. Smells like powder, licorice, Dr. Pepper and incense--YUCK. But then I went to wash it off and discovered it became a rather spicy, warm, powdery scent. Not so bad afterall. I will probably not purchase anymore, because I couldn't stomach the initial smell.

Raina
Raina

Recieved a sample from the lovely EK, and I can honestly say I was not expecting to enjoy this.

This starts out a dragon lady, then calms into something soft and lovely and rather powdery. It hugs the skin and gives it more. Moderation is the key to this. I didn't expect to think so, especially after the initial blast, but this is quite lovely!

Cindykaul
Cindykaul

Can anyone believe that one person got for me same bottle twice at 2-3 years before, and both still laying on my cabinet today, because in my memory, this falcon is very sticky powdery and strong, I can’t stand it .. But, after I saw so many re-views from all of you, I decided give it to try once again, as the suggestion, I spray a little in my wrist and waiting a while, then ,, wow , there is the magic , the fragrance are completely changed, it becomes so gently , soft but it have very sensual, seductive character , the best thing is it stay very longer,, whole day, I can’t stop sniff my wrist .. well, everyone, I have to say “ It’s Absolutely amazing, unique, definitely very expensive smells, and here always something going on ,,,whenever you wear it,
Last point , in my opinion,, this perfume perfect for winter , the chill temperature make the magic happens only,

Fizzy
Fizzy

Short lasting power, even for the perfume concentration.

evy.gc
evy.gc

Very sharp and scary opening! I thought it was male strong cologne. But after just a few seconds the transformation began!.. The middle notes emerged and it was very nice and flowery, with the jasmine, roses and violets. Lots of drama!!! Then, I noticed that the final notes came really fast (noooooooooooooooooo!!) and Baiser du dragon became just “the memory of the baiser du dragon”. It ended up powdery, chocolat-ish and soft expensive patchouli. Baiser du dragon is like most modern men… lol
Note: I like it, very Cartier btw!

Annelien1987
Annelien1987

I'm so sad, this is unavailable as for now in Belgium. I wanted it so badly, sooo badly. I went to 4 perfume stores, made them call other stores in my country to find if they were in stock... but no. This is no were to be found. I love the smell, it's amazing, but the dream ends here.

As BVR also mentionend:

Le Baiser Du Dragon is now officially DISCONTINUED.

Stock up while stocks last. Thought all lovers of this frag should know.

nopasho
nopasho

Wow! And respect. Awesome, just awesome.'The Kiss of the Dragon'is strong, unique, bewithcing, sensual and totally addictive! There are a lot so called 'orientals' on the market, but, believe me: this as 'oriental' in a western made frag as it gets. Think going into a Buddhist temple in a small village in South-Eastern Asia, spraying ‘Coco’ on your skin and let the sillage of ‘Coco’ mix with the smell of incense, blooming flowers in the temple, the smell of food prepared in a wok next door… and you have an idea how ‘Le Baiser du Dragon’ feels and in what direction it smells. Or you spray 'Shalimar' on your skin and visit a Chinese temple in Shanghai, Taipeh or the heart of Bangkok. That is ‘The Dragon’. Think Lutens 'Ambre Sultan' meets 'Bois Oriental' meets ‘La Myrrhe’ or Chopard's Casmir. Think Lolita Lempicka's 'Midnight Couture Black Eau de Minuit' meets Agent Provocateur's 'Maitresse' meets 'Féminité du Bois' and mix this with sweet frankincense and a woody cognac smell. This is NOT an 'oriental vanilla', not a 'spicy oriental' etc but a real full blown strong 'Oriental' tout court that makes no excuses, takes no prisoners and defies strict categorisation.
The pyramid is impressive:
Top: Gardenia, almond, amaretto, neroli
Middle: Violet, orris, jasmine, cedar, rose
Base: amber, patchouli, benzoin, dark chocolate, vetiver, caramel, cedar.
The first thing you notice is that the woody cdear and the 'meaty' vanillic-resious bernzoin are in middle and base. Add to that some strong notes in the top gardeania, amaretto, the sweet-sour lightly citursy neroli the middel violet, rose, orris, meppery jasmine and the base dark chocolate, amber... and you have one strong Kiss! Not a french kiss wuich makes you shiver, but a Dragon's kiss which makes you shke in awe and in anticipation of hours of alfactory pleasure.
'The Kiss' is also a smoldering frag. You don't get a blast of alcoholic (in the sense of evaporating quickly) and generic vanilla and flowers and fruits when you spritz it on your skin, that disappears somwhere into thin air within 15 minutes. No, no, no! Here, when you spritz, you don't get an initial strong blast and then nothing more. 'The Kiss' doesn't 'pop and fizzle', it starts a slow, smoldering fire that burns for a long time. 'The Kiss' EDP conquers you slooowly but inevitably... Irresistable, intoxicating, real hypnotising. In the beginning you smell an almost shy or subdued combo of almondy-amaretto-woody-cognac mixed with patchouli-frankincense. And that slowly becomes more outspoken on your skin. Minutes later the dark chocolate/licorice notes come alive and warm you up a notch or two. After about half an hour developping, a call to arms is out for the rest of the floral and musky notes to bloom. And then you’re in perfume heaven: ‘The Kiss of the Dragon’ has worked his/her magic. And that magic lingers for a few hours.
Your whole body becomes enveloped by ‘The Kiss’ and radiates for a few hours waves of dark, mysterious smoldering sensual clouds of the frag around you. Mind you, this is a 'discrète', you won't be blasted away from a mile afar by some linear sugar, vanilla, sour or bitter note. It is not exactly ‘close to the skin’ but it is also not loud at all. It is just… right, classy, discreet, magic that sucks you in. Like a slow Eastern massage. It doesn’t fill the room with a 'Poison'-like vibe and is not fleeting light like Chanel’s ‘Chance’ to compare with two other French ‘classics’. 'The Dragon' smolders, slowburns on for a few hours, depending on your skin temp etc.
There are many notes listed in the official pyramid. I mostly get the amaretto/almond, patchouli and woody/boozy cognac in the beginning. Then amber, cedar, pitch dark chocolate -the so called 'confectioners chocolate' with a high percentage of pure fragrant cacao (the dark, slightly bitter licorice-like one, not the sweet sugary kind)-, natural caramel (you know caramel is molten sugar and the more it is heated, the darker the caramel becomes, the deeper, less sweet and more smoky-complex because all kind or intricate olfactory compounds that are formed by melting thise carbs into caramel, the darker, the more outspoken smoky/licorice-y the taste and the smell) This is very dark caramel-smell, just before burning. It gives a deep mysterious, slightly burnt-in-a-good-way taste and a smell where all 'sweet sugar compounds' have changed into a slightly bitter smoky über deep caramel. It has nothing whatsoever to do with the 'candy note' that is sometimes called 'caramel' as in 'Fancy', 'Cupcake' etc... After half an hour the subtle flowers in 'The Dragon' are visiting for a sleepover. Not blazing synthetic white flower-extract as in so many 'fruity florals' or 'floral fruities', but rather subdued natural smelling but long lasting flower notes that don't take over 'The Kiss' but deepen it and enrich it with a few more olfactory facets: orris, jasmine, gardenia, rose... But just a hint, 'une souçis', 'un soupir d'amour' or 'une effleurage'. The Dragon' keeps it's deep, smoldering, mysterious, addictive, hypnotising olfactory cauldron brewing and keeps too much fresh fruit and breezy flowers at a distance.
It is pure unabashedly liquefied seduction an bottled shameless olfactory pleasure. It is less overwhelming and overpowering than vintage 'Opium', more 'cashmere'/velvety' soft than Chanel 5, warmer than the early Guerlains (Mitsouko, Liu, L'Heure Bleue...) more rounded than the original Poison, less radical than the Muglers, less sweet than Hypnotic Poison... but deeper, darker, lusher, sensuelle... It is the best Lutens combined with early Lempicka, I can't describe it better. Other frags that have about the same feel are 'Boudoir' by Westwood, Lutens 'Louve, but less almondy, 'Coco' but more 'oriental', the first 'Lempicka' but more discreet. A slow burning, smoldering, sensual tour de force. A masterpice, a classic, an kiss that excites you, gives you energy and pleasure, and makes you putty in the 'Dragons claws.' An amazing creature for sure.

BVR
BVR

Cartier also stopped making this perfume. Just like Must II.

PlunketNurse
PlunketNurse

Le Baiser Du Dragon = Kiss of a Dragon, indeed it smelled like warm delicious black wood + almond roasting in a hot fiery fire on a bed of patchoulli in a cold winters night.

I must admit i was very intimidated by first spritz, what is this strong moody scent?! by gosh, few nights later, i realized i missed it alot!
It s quite alluring, sensual and oh so elegant, built mainly around the basenotes, it doesnt projects loudly like normal perfume, instead it blends in with your skin and allows the warmth to emit this delectable scent. Stand close enough and u will be under it s spell.
Perfume ingredients at its best, nothing musty or stale to my nose, a tinge of incense, a rich buttery mouthful that might be hard to swallow for some with astounding longevity. So i wonder do i really need the pure parfum?

krmarich
krmarich

My first foray into Cartier was simply scrumptious. Gourmand, without the sweet cheapness of so many on the cavity filled market. This has lots of vetiver making it pleasant on mens skin as well. The florals take a very quiet back seat.

This is like eating those chewy carmels in Hong Kong at Buddist temple that sits next to a brothel while the noisy traffic goes by. Somewhat holy, sexy and busy.

The most obvious note missing is the oakmoss that would have made it a classic chypre. Instead, it is Shalimar in a candy store. There is nothing wrong with that! I love it very much!

akats

I'm so frustrated! I bought it some days ago, from a discount department store of my city. The store is very well known and has a good reputation. Yet, I'm thinkigin that I have a knockoff...I had never smelled it before, so I cannot compare it from the smell. But what i bought is the EDP 50 ml and is very weak, a simple sweet smell,with some flower notes and a bit of vanilla at it's dry down. Where is the ferocious spiced woody fragrance? Incense, patcouli, vetiver? This is supposed to be a very strong oriental and complicated fragrance. Ok, may be my skin swallows the smell, may be it's my chemistry. I don't know...as I have no memory of the original smell. What confuses me is that the black stopper of my 50 ml bottle (Eau de Parfum), is not curved and it doesn't fit in the spray well. so I cannot hold the bottle from it's stopper as it may drop down. Another thing is that the spray itself, at the point it is pressed on the glass, it's not dressed. It is left with the cheap tin material. I checked the packaging, wrapping, box, letters, barcodes and seem ok. What may be wrong?

stacyrenee
stacyrenee

Layer this over Bvlgari Black and you will have something really special and complex, a great balance of cozy spice and subtle sexiness.

mariana1974
mariana1974

At first I loved it, but somehow now I find it too harsh and masculine on my skin. Pity, cause it looks so good and has such a great name, alas, not for me.

This perfume is frustrating for me. I've been tempted to put it in the dislike category, but it's not a real stinker. It just smells harsh, pungent, cloying and very masculin on my skin. It doesn't mean it is a bad scent. What I cannot understand here is if Cartier was successful or not in its aim.
A bold, deep intense oriental? Mmm, not so much so. It's strong and tenacious for sure but lacks some oomph.
A masculin oriental? Maybe.
A feminine confident aura-boosting scent? Not successed.
I know people who love and wear this and thanks god use it sparingly! On my skin it makes me feel like a chick overwhelmed by a raincloud of patchouli and heavy spices. Please, Cartier bring back graceful So Pretty!!!

declasseandtrashay
declasseandtrashay

Horrible. I sprayed a bit on myself and wore it around, and people thought I was a Hare Krishna who had been living in a smoky, ashy, incense-filled temple for days and days without bathing.

Strong sillage and strong staying power, but you really don't want it to!

Bandit

Le Baiser Du Dragon is obviously a perfume I should like. 2/3 of my fragantica search and reading time it shows under "Who likes this, also likes". It is much referred to by reviewers, who like, what I like and which taste I find outstanding.

I always think: You have that sample in your stash somewhere. You should revisit. You should like it.

I did that a couple of times the last months, but I always have the same conclusion: It's ok, but I would never buy it. Too much patchouli, too sweet, but funnily not enaugh oomph for me. I think, that this might be a problem I have with Alberto Morillas work in general: He creates bold orientals, but they are for my liking not warm enaugh. I had the same reaction on Pi and Omnia. Maybe I find something from him, that proofs me wrong, as I haven't nearly tried all of his creations.

For me a try-before-you-buy, as I would have bought it based on notes and reviews alone.

candymarie
candymarie

I was expecting something very exciting based on the reviews and the notes, and it definitely IS exciting, but I was surprised by how much presence the creamy white floral notes have in this.

To me it's one part bold and woody oriental and one part creamy white floral.

Edit: It's a couple months later now, and this weekend decided to use up the remainder of my sample. There is a unique accord there that reminds me (in a good way) of burnt rubber. Is that the combination of resin and bitter almond, maybe? It sits on top of that creamy floral accord like a protector. In any event, it's very interesting and captivating, even though it might not be "me" enough to spend money on a bottle. But if one ever fell into my hands by accident . . .

jennifer.herndon
jennifer.herndon

I'm usually not one for oriental scents, but I like this one quite a bit. Very warm and inviting, though be warned - a little goes a very long way (at least it does on me). The Patchouli is wonderfully soft, not overwhelming at all, and the Cedar lends a slight tang.

This won't be an everyday scent for me, but will certainly stay at the top of my special occasion list.

EDIT: Okay, I have been wearing this all day now. This scent has got some very nice staying power. It also gets softer as the day goes on, with the Cedar fading so the Neroli comes out.

After this all day affair, I have to say that I think there are very few high-end scents that are worth the money charged. This one, however, is worth every penny.

Allinug

Oh I must add...My husband has Old Spice After Shave. When I saw what Luca Turin had written I had to go and smell it and se if it smelled like Le Baiser Du Dragon. No they don't smell the same at all.

missymary
missymary

The name is so exciting and fiery that I expected a blast of overpowering hot scary fantastic notes, but it's quite tame and lollipop sweet, rather like the new candy scent from Prada! Then I saw in Luca Turin that it's just like the scent of Old Spice after shave, and that finished me. There's nothing wrong with Old Spice, far from it, nor the Prada come to that, but I wanted a walk on the wild Tolkienesque side. Sigh!

Allinug

Oh I wanted to love this one but no. I kind of like it but it's to sweet. I have tried it a couple of times and all I smell are chocolate and caramel and nothing more.

It's just doesn't work for me with perfumes with chocolate and / or oriental woody ones.

tri3pod
tri3pod

Le Baiser Du Dragon or The Kiss of The Dragon… This one is my “great expectation” perfume… from its “spirituous” label and beautiful flacon has made me dream of spectacular scent. Finally, I got it from the help of my friend… I smile when I look at the flacon, but my smile disappear suddenly when I tested on my hand. Generally , I like the scent, the scent of modern chypre, but there’s one note on the top notes that smell like rotten fungi. I think its better if I called “Cartier – Le Baiser Du Lezard” - more down to earth I guess.

Pasionaria

lovely, precious, intense, charming fragrance!

thaocrockett
thaocrockett

I got the perfume in sample size today, and OMG, it smells beautifully. I can't recognize what smell is what. I just know I love it. Didn't try it before I ordered it, but I am glad I bought it. Will buy a bigger bottle :).

Raquel73
Raquel73

In my skin is one masculine fragance,I think that is very good and sexy fragance for a man.
I think that is the Iris,this night I will try again.

pippab
pippab

I have a preference for orientals and this one reminds me of Lutens Ambre Sultan, but more complex and low key. The nutmeg note isn't as 'in your face', and I find it easier to take. I even get a little bit of 'Opium' too. I think a man could wear this easily. Although it's quite nice, I'm not in love with it, and so I don't think I'll be purchasing it.

mylena
mylena

This is something I would have NEVER tried on my own, I think I sniffed it once on the paper, and I immediately threw it out. But I have to thank everyone who wrote a review, because I was so intrigued by all the positive feedback that I tried it on my skin, and now I'm in LOVE. This is so warm and soft, but it makes a statement. It is very balanced, no sharp notes. It smells yummy. Very sensual and elegant at the same time. I am definitely getting it.

EK
EK

I just received a decant and am trying it out just now (thank you *sophi* !!). Everything has been said already.
It opens somewhat brutal, almost scaring, but more intriguing and interesting than most of what I've tried so far. The soft almond/woody heart is the next surprise and.. well, it's been said already.
Extremely classy, confident, soft but not mellow. A sophisticated beauty.
I must have it! It's on my wish list for christmas as it's not excatly cheap (but in a way it's fair that a perfume which smells this expensive isn't on teh super-cheap side).

There should be a craving list here..!

cincobayou
cincobayou

I just got this today from amazon.com..OH WOW!
I am in love with it!
I am wearing it to bed right now. Get it while you can.
All the previous reviews are so correct about how good it is....and not overwhelming or too strong.

lhollingdrake
lhollingdrake

Good Lord! this thing was aptly named. Also, it seems alive, maybe it should have been named Fire-breathing Dragon or something. I usually cannot stand bitter almond or Amaretto but this juice is fabulous. Sadly it costs a heap, but I am through being surprised that I fall in love with the costliest jus in the shop. It's gorgeous and unique.

chrischourma

I am a lover for amber, patchouli, cedar and all bitter scents. This is well balanced for my ph skin (I suppose oily skin combinations tend to more rich and heavy scents rather than musk per example) and it blends well with my natural scent. 'Can wear this both winter and summer - thought this is clearly a winterish perfume.
I am so sad to see bottles lessen in the shelves of corner shops in Athens.
'Cause this perfume is a definate lover for me. Enjoy!

Mad-Lainey
Mad-Lainey

Baiser is a top shelf whiskey on the rocks... This is how it starts :-)
It reminds me of Elixir Des Merveilles minus the sweetness.
It is a very strong and very woody fragrance; its heart reveals quite a story making me feel like in the middle of Amazon rainforest, holding a big chunk of freshly chipped bark sipping with resin and rich woody aroma.
Then I sense the smell of bitter almonds but hardly any floral notes...
The dry down becomes a tiny bit sweeter, possible due to chocolate and caramel but still, it is a very faint echo.
I am not sure what is it about Baiser that I can't get this fragrance out of my head.
I keep sniffing the bottle cap and apply a drop or two to make myself feel comfortable and safe.
Baiser is a definite silage and lasting power killer.
When I close my eyes, I see myself wrapped in a woolen turtleneck poncho sitting in front of a fireplace in a wooden cottage in the middle of nowhere...I can see snowflakes outside the windows as I sip my hot capuccino and feel the arms of my beloved husband entwining me... the sparkles dance around the fireplace and although it is freezing cold outside, I feel safe and warm with every whiff of Baiser...
Baiser, no doubt, will help me get through the winter...
Hardly ever do I say this but Baiser IS a masterpiece...

Misenchanted
Misenchanted

Wow. Where to start with this amazingly unique scent? Opened with an alcoholic smell of congac or similar. Starts off sharp but warm on the skin with a smell that is hard to pin down. One hour later the sharpness is still there, but it has softened into a warm, caramel-ish, smoky, unisex, sensual smell. Three hours later, it is truly divine. Soft, sexy and oh-so-kissable-caressable.

This is dark, exotic and mysterious. The much older, more experienced, wordly and more complex bigger sister to Chopard's more straight-forward and uncomplicated Casmir. Truly a symphony of notes which blend to a truly distinctive and multi-faceted fragrance. This is surely the hallmark of a what great perfumers strive for (and musicians for that matter).

One truly has to be in the right mood for this perfume. Not a throw-away, casual sort of fragrance. Won't have mass-market appeal, and for that, we can be truly grateful.

I am interested not only how my lover will respond to this, but how I will respond to him wearing it. I look forward to the experiment....

alhasan_ali
alhasan_ali

I didn't realize that there is a connection between perfumes and star signs until I bought this perfume to my Scorpio wife. Oh Boy! It really suits her very well. Very strong and mysterious smell that matches her beauty and personality. At first she didn't like its furious start but when it cooled down, she loved it. I usually don't love intense perfumes all that much but I just love this one on her.

olga1780

Looks that this is the only fragrance in my collection that i am really crazy about. I had EDT, then got pure parfum, and now bought a large bottle of EDP.
I think the hype is mostly among those who love and are able to understand and appreciate classic fragrances. lol Plus it takes sertain type of personality and style to be able to pull it off.

nausikaa
nausikaa

i reaaly don't understand the hype. all i get is some super heavy sweet cloud of patchouli and something that reminds me of blood.
i guess vampires would wear it. not those gay twilight ones but real vampires sleeping in a coffin killing people. like in victoria frances' paintings.

cinsot
cinsot

One word: E X Q U I S I T E.

Grown-up bitter dark chocolate and decadent all butter almond toffee brittle ("Sweetie? Dharrr-ling") washed down with thirsty trickles of golden liqueur tickle my senses from my bedchamber made of white velvet blooms lavishly strewn with blood-red rose petals nestled inside the base of an ancient hollow cedar stump.

Fairy lights sparkle and dance in the treetops overhead as a fervid neroli breath playfully whips my moonlit skin.

This gorgeous perfume entraps my mind snaring me into an alternative reality. There is no escape.

Divine death by delusion.

Elise1214
Elise1214

Kiss of the Dragon is a lovely fragrance. I have said it before, and I will say it again: do not judge a fragrance right after it is sprayed. As we all know, fragrances have top notes, middle, and base notes. Ultimately, it is the base notes that will last the longest and it is those notes that you have to wait for before you make a conclusion.

As for this fragrance, I think it is lovely straight out of the bottle, but it does have a kick! Once it warms with your chemistry, it is warm, sophisticated, sexy, and classy.

Heverton
Heverton

The kiss of the dragon (the name fits perfectly with the fragrance) begins almost like a puff of fire. Ferocious, dark, sharp and strong!

The fragrance opens with a chord that resembles the smell of resin, but a resin resulting of burning wood mingled with the smell of liquor, an aroma that persists for about 30 minutes.

After this time, the fragrance acquires the intimate and affectionate character of a kiss. The scent gets a sweet aroma, almost creamy, thanks to the bitter almond that rests on a resinous/smoky base, accompanied by the floral smell of gardenia, giving an aroma that persisting until the end of the fragrance, which by the way lasts for hours and hours, on the skin!

Finally, a true work of art. Complex in every way. But not my type.

Jazzy76
Jazzy76

esageratamente dolce-liquoroso...su di me non lascia un buon aroma :(

fpih
fpih

The notes of Le Baiser du Dragon sounded amazing and right up my alley since I love spicy orientals. However, when I tried it, my husband asked me what the heck I had put on that smelled so badly. This is one of the few times that I actually agreed with him since our taste in perfume is very different. I'm so envious of people who can pull it off! I wish I could, but my second effort ended almost as badly as the first. Sadly, I have to admit my skin doesn't like almonds, as Louve also smells sickly on me.

TiaTia
TiaTia

this is the most mysterious and sexy fragrance i have ever worn. it makes me feel strong and bold and unbeatable.
AND
there is a reason, why this scent is so strong and aggressive at first!
it has to protect its soft and fragile core that is so lovable and sweet and gentle,
the heart of this scent is so fragile that the stronger and tougher the dragon has to be to protect the loveliest base note I have ever smelled.

i love it so much.
this is my personal guardian dragon.

(this review is for the edp)

fanny
fanny

My latest favourite (after a pause of a coupla years).
I use the edt for office wear (which office is that?) and the edp for parties (of whatever kind). The edt is ever so sophisticated with a decent mingling of vetiver, musk, almond and fresh cedar: bitter sweet and zesty, if that is a word in english. Longevity and sillage rather floating out the window, so spray accordingly before leaving the bathroom, or simply bring the stuff with you!
The edp makes my heart jump.
Here we are, and lets get going!
Sweet, dark, a chorus of 10 voices a capella in a bar, reviving a time so long ago I wasn't even born.
What more can I say?

Siv55
Siv55

I find this hard to describe. I don't like, I thought it smelt strong and chemical, something a bit acrid about it, and I waited for a nice drydown, but it just sort of disappeared. Obviously doesn't agree with me! I make Cartier smell cheap :(

balzac
balzac

Pleasure in a bottle. Definitely in my top 5. A sultry classic fragrance with just the right amount of play.

Far from "old lady"

Cartier's Le Baiser Du Dragon ------ like silky skin lit by firelight.

longevity-great
sillage -great

Martyna
Martyna

For the first 30 minutes I thought that I may simply not get on with this one because it was very bitter on me and even slightly rotten. Interestingly I detect a similar scent in Mauboussin by Mauboussin and I wonder whether it isn't the benzoin by any chance (I wish my nose was trained enough to distinguish more notes but I'm afraid I need to wait for that).

Anyway, once it settled it took a completely different turn and became an incredibly feminine blend which manages to be strong and soft at the same time. Pleasantly sweet with some creamy quality in my exprience. I am not a big fan of sweet perfume but this one is really well balanced and the sweetness is somewhat sophisticated and classy. I definitely see it on an elegant, confident woman with a seductive sparkle in her eyes.

Good sillage and longevity on my skin. Lasted all day but significantly lost on intensity after about 3 hours and sat closer to the skin, although it was still noticible for me.

jenean1215
jenean1215

I swear this perfume smells like sex! Hot, passionate, forbidden, sensual, addictive and inviting. I cannot stop smelling my wrists!

piscianna34
piscianna34

Sexy, dark, slightly masculine, liqueur, warm and velvety, have written everything about it

I love this

Louw
Louw

Gorgeous! Sensual and heady, this is a rich mixture of amber, spice and musk notes. Very oriental in character, with a slight woody undertone and a hint of something almost bitter coming through in the dry-down. Long lasting and potent so apply sparingly.

anitagoodspankin
anitagoodspankin

I was hoping to fall in love with this one but I only fell in like. While it is different and exotic, to me it doesn't smell very feminine. It has a resinous burnt incensy feeling to it that reminds me of a head shop or a Eastern temple. It is dark, expensive smelling and I love the almond and the initial hint of cherry but, while it is balanced and beautiful, to me it lacks emotion and soul. It seems to conjure images of places rather people and personalities. I can't imagine what the type of person who would wear this one would be like. I'll keep trying because it is sooo lovely, perhaps one day I'll have figured this one out.

rithacha
rithacha

Le Baiser Du Dragon is a masterpiece in contradiction: soft and strident, golden and dark, feminine and masculine. It's creamy and smoldering at the same time, and exquisitely unique. This should not be a blind buy for anyone, but I recommend trying if you like intellectually challenging, statement perfumes.

The opening smells like burning green woods, doused in alcoholic amaretto. It is dry, hot, strident, and heavy. There's the green, the liquor, and the smoke. Nothing remotely sweet or soft to be found in the spice-woods-alcohol bomb of the opening.

The interesting stage is when this settles down and, within half an hour, Le Baiser reveals a different side to its personality. The milky-almond-gardenia impart a creamy sweetness over the charcoal-vetiver-smoke. The gourmand qualities (almond and caramel) purrs like a spoiled white kitten over a harsh vetiver-benzoin bonfire. It gives an impression of softness, whilst retaining a scalding harshness that supports it from underneath. Just when you think you understand Le Baiser, the two switch roles, interchanging back and forth and melding together. The base is cuddly and ember-warm.

Le Baiser is certainly a fall/winter fragrance, a smoldering evening analogy to the almond in Hypnotic Poison. It has wonderful masculine characteristics that make it unisex. Another masterpiece from Cartier.

Angel10

I feel bad saying this, but we just didn't hit it off.

It has a strong leather smell to me, and is too masculine, while not lasting very long. Sorry to all the lovers....must be body chemistry....I can no longer wear Rumba as it smells like leather and leather only on me now too....boo hoo!

I'll stick with my deep, beautiful, and long-lasting Coromandel.

olga1780

I got a mini of pure perfum in addition to my EDT, because I love this fragrance so much. OMG, I just can't get enough of the perfum....what a grand and almost regal scent. By far my favourite special occasion fragrance.

Almost 200 hundred bottles later, I think I finally discovered my signature. Le Baiser du Dragon is so me!

scorpiosheep

In answer to Angel10, no it is nothing like Coromandel. Baiser is a very warm and spicy scent, while Coromandel is a cool one, with a lot of patchouli and if your nose is tuned in right there is a distinct smell of white chocolate (I agree with Luca Turin in this). That being said, Baiser is still a VERY classy fragrance and in this they have similar characteristics, great sillage, good longevity. But definitely one is cool, one is warm. Hope this helps. Maybe one for winter, one for summer? They are both BEAUTIFUL.

Angel10

Does this smell anything like Coromandel? This is what I am imagining...

Swishy
Swishy

I was very keen to try this one and bought a sample size vial. Mmm, not really my cup of tea. Opens very strong and vintage smelling. Admittedly it does settle down a fraction but is a very "in your face" fragrance. It is a very interesting blend but just too overpowering and not quite me. Glad I tried it though.

srimati
srimati

After sampling it I bought it right away. The fragrance is definitely oriental and somewhat complicated. It's spicy and definitely an incense type perfume. Cartier doesn't seem to know how to disappoint, as well as Dior. Perhaps because they still use some essential oils or natural isolates in their juices not rendering them so synthetic-smelling.

Pasionaria

An extraordinary charming and luxury fragrance; classic and enchanting!

Miffymuffin
Miffymuffin

Another perfume bought after reading the reviews. Spotted two samples on eBay and thought I'd give it a go. I was not disappointed. It is one of the most amazing perfumes I've ever tried. Its smokey, spicy and seductive. A little strong at first but not a room killer. I could still smell it faintly on my skin after showering. Saviing up for a full size bottle. My new favourite.
I finally bought a full size bottle and I'm loving every drop.

I also love the way the bottle looks like a big golden dragons eye. Perfection inside and out.

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

What a wonderful treasure Le Baiser du Dragon is. This fragrance opens with a strong, bitter dry note with a lot of almond. Creamy gardenia and a little waxy orange neroli then make a showing in the introduction without too much of an inherent floral note--just rich luxury. Then a rapture of thick, smoky tendrils of amaretto too with its characteristic smooth almond-apricot booziness.

Musk and cedar are beautiful in the heart with the flowers accenting their woody, sweet accord. This stage is like the strong, sweet breath of a mighty but gentle sleeping dragon.

What remains is a rich, sweet, deep earthy liquor on my skin. I can't help but think of the feminine mystique of Samsara, the layered spiciness (yet softer) of Opium, and the intriguing complexity of Shalimar, all in one single breath.

Seductive, strong and comforting. It's like having your own guardian dragon.

aelias
aelias

Stunning. Oddly enough, I get a strong resemblance to Shalimar. It has a beautiful dry down of a powdery mix of the florals and wood notes...I don't get much chocolate and caramel in this one.

chrischourma

I should add that this perfume has nothing to do with the Midnight Poison. Perhaps Midnight Poison is close but has nothing to do with the depth, full combination and ascents of Le Baiser Du Dragon.
Maybe should compare this to the Encre, but it is only very flat-amber.

chrischourma

This is the absolute perfume of my life!
I love the combination of all included in this perfume, when all settle down to the warmth of amber. This can stop all my thoughts in a second!
Very deep, warm and mysterious!

redcat
redcat

I have the EDP version of this. Like all the best Cartier fragrances, the Dragon shows himself in stages.

The first spray is scary in an old-fashioned fume way, but that passes quickly. The first layer for me is almonds, neroli, and a bit of magnolia.

Next, the vetiver,ceder,and amber rise up and it becomes smokey (almost fiery) and slightly bitter. Shortly after that, a touch of rose makes an appearance.

The dry down is the real pay off. Unlike some of my other faves, it doesn't turn into a patchouli bomb. Instead, it settles into a lovely chocolate almond patchouli puff that lasts a very long time. Like 12 hours or more.

The Dragon is not your average Oriental. There is no vanilla and it's more smokey and aromatic than floral. It's kind of weird, but that's why I love it so. It's best worn in cooler weather and at night. I like to put it on while I'm at home alone because I find it strangely comforting.

olga1780

Wow....the longer you wait the more beautiful the scent is. My husband complemented me on it right away when i got near him. After i am done with my 1.6 EDT, I'm definitely splurging on a large EDP!

olga1780

I finally bought this perfume, in EDT, urged by all the wonderful reviews. To be honest, I dont know what to think of it. I sprayed it lightly on my hand...and my first thought was "there is no way I can possibly wear this in public at 31". It was too strong and very reminiscent of the 80's scents appropriate for mature women in their 50's. I usually prefer intense scents, epesially for special occasions, when you are dressed to kill and wearing dramatic makeup, but i think i would feel too self-conscious wearing this and getting close to people. I even double checked to make sure it was created in 2003 and not in 70's or 80's.
But before i condemn this perfume, i'm going to take a shower to get rid of the current scent im wearing now and give it another chance. Then i will write my final verdict. Rumeur by Lanvin is the same way....absolutely horrid when just right out of the bottle, but 10-15 minutes later it is an absolutely wonderful, elegant scent. I guess it's a feature of a lot of intense, long lasting fragrances to start off like a nuclear war.

After an hour of wearing this fragrance i can confidently say that it is in no way stinky or overwhelming, rather soft and elegant. Almonds and amaretto are very pronounced at first, then later a floral bouquet joins in. I guess im just not used to wearing spicy/woody oriental type of scent, because i have nothing in my collection along these lines. But it's nice to have something different for a change. Personally, i dont think it's a casual fragrance for daily use. It would be best suitable for evening wear in colder months, preferably with dark clothes.

The drydown is absolutely fabulous, with caramel, amber and dark chocolate, reminds me of Gaultier 2, which i love dearly. Amazing transformation! I can't believe how my perspective on this perfume changed in a matter 2 hours!

Mariame
Mariame

A perfume with a character.Passion and flame!
Glorious ,different unusual.The Amaretto ,chocolate praline and florals mixed with woods and vetiver.Fantastic longevity and sillage.One perfume that has it all.This is for confident and independent woman,the one that do not compromise with common and search for best qualities .Wear this and remember these words of mine :)

scorpiosheep

After crlygrly's fabulous review, I have to confess that I had to open the bottle I had been hoarding for about three years, waiting for "the right time". And I also have to confess I was quite scared of it...Kiss of the Dragon, I thought it would be a poisonous kiss, a kiss to soften me up before eating me alive. To my surprise and delight, it's nothing of the sort. A tender kiss, a nibble on the ear, a loving kiss, it's all of that....such a romantic perfume! On me it keeps the same warm notes right through..it starts off GENTLE and a little spicy, with noticeable bitter almond for interest, and not much patchouli for all you p. haters. This is an oriental classic, nothing like the big heavy 80's orientals such as Opium. Very long-lasting too. I give it a 9.5/10. & thanks crlygyrl for inspiring me to try it at last!

crlygrly
crlygrly

This is so unlike any other fragrance I have ever smelled. I have an EDP mini.( Beautiful and unique bottle ,by the way.) It is very strong when first applied, but I can't resist sniffing myself even at this stage. It is so dark and smoky. And I mean smoky. To me, it actually has elements of bonfire smoke. It's big, not a little campfire for roasting marshmallows. There is no vanilla in here, which is usually a requirement for me, but it does dry down soft and warm somehow.The Amaretto and almond add the softness, I believe. There's no incense in here??? The first time I tested it, I put it on before bed and drifted off to sleep with this image in my mind: The Dragon retires to his cave. It is not dark and damp though. It is warm and dry and cozy...lit by a roaring fire in the fireplace. The sleepy dragon curls up on a soft rug on the hearth and closes his eyes. His sigh of deep contentment is the breath of this parfum. I join him on the hearth and curl up between his paws. His smoky breath bathes me in fragrant warmth. He lowers his head and kisses me goodnight.

I wanted to be very careful in choosing my words when reviewing this scent. It is very difficult to describe. If you are expecting a spicy scent like Opium, you will be disappointed, but only for a moment, because this fragrance enchants and intrigues in ways that no other can. You may become puzzled and your nose confused as you try to pick out individual elements here. I have learned not to try to pick it apart, but to savor it as a whole. I may keep this dragon all to myself and make him my pet. I will be selfish and wear this when I am spending time with myself. I doubt that my coworkers would understand my love affair with the dragon.

Marvella
Marvella

I expected "kiss of fire",something extraordinary and overwhelming.But nothing of the kind.How do I have to portray this strange dragon?It's not a big monster,belching fire.It's a little baby-dragon,pampered,powdered,eating dark chocolate and caramel,sniffing at gardenias.Very nice and tame creature.But I like this scent.Spicy,but subtle,sensual,pleasant,a little powdery and exotic composition.Nothing heavy in it.I find it relaxing.Good longevity and sillage(I've got EDP edition prestige).

I sampled the EDP and found it to be unique and exciting. The opening notes were heavy on Amaretto. I could imagine many women hating this upon first sniff, but I found it intriguing, almost like an appetizer -- it made me hungry for the next course. The heart of the perfume consisted of less amaretto and more vibrant floral notes. I expected to find carnation or maybe iris in the notes because it seemed too fresh to only contain rose and jasmine. The concoction really shines when the woods make their appearance. When mingling with the florals and sweet amaretto, it creates an extremely intoxicating elixer. To be honest, I would not buy it because there are a lot of other perfumes I like better, however (and it's a BIG however) I can truly appreciate its composition and individuality at a time where the art and craft of perfumery is dying a slow death. I admire any woman (or man) who wears this gorgeous perfume.

PacoGirl
PacoGirl

This perfume is anything but ordinary. Another case of love or hate - nothing in between. Very strong medicine smell at the very opening. Don't be scared by this. 75 seconds later - here comes Dragon to give you his kiss.
This kiss taste like bitter almond, Amaretto, dark chocolate with beautiful light floral and cedar note.
I have EDP, very long lasting.
This is more like Kiss of dark Passion than Kiss of Love - dangerously sexual and sensual.

marthaelena
marthaelena

Went to the store and tried a few highly recommended fragrances (on paper) and selected 3 to try on me:
24 Faubourg Hermes
Le Baiser Du Dragon Cartier and
Elixir des Merveilles Hermes.
In the beginning, my favorite was the elixir - but after the hours passed by and sniffing my elbows and wrists many, many times -
Le Baiser Du Dragon was the very best of them all.
Its a very charming, sophisticated and sexy fragrance without being too strong.
To me, too strong and sophisticated can not be together in the same sentence.
I think 24 Faubourg Hermes is overrated and Elixir des Merveilles Hermes is very nice.

purrz11
purrz11

I got my sample of this today. The first whiff is enchanting. All spicy, warm, and elegant. After about 30 minutes, it turned into something synthetic. It smells like hairspray on me. :(((

rednut
rednut

Fantastic. I love everything about this. I have the EDT. Its a strong fragrance but warm and sexy with it. I would say its mature so not for the very young. On drydown I smell almonds (even though its a top note), cedar and vetiver. Its a very deep fragrance, nothing light and airy about this! For me, its a masterpiece

passionata20

i don´t like most Cartier scents, i don´t know why.
(a little update a year later: i actually seem to love most of Cartier fragrances now)
That´s why i didn´t try this one on, when it came out.
But later, about 2 years passed and i was going out with one of my gay friends who suddenly took out something out of his bag and sprayed onto himself. It was like a stroke of a lightning!
First it reminded me of a spray we used for terminating cockroaches back in USSR, i was disgusted! Then few moments passed and i changed my mind! It smelled gorgeous on a leather jacket! I couldn´t turn my nose off!!! It has such a magnificant attracting power! Next week i already had an EDP and pure parfum. As for EDT it is very distilled and not that concentrated as EDP and lacks that strong power of the EDP and pure parfum, to me it smells very bad. Thanks God i have stocked up myself with this fragrance for next 10 yeras i think, so i can live happily as this is my "must-have-for-fall" fragrance.
It stays for a very long time and perfect for leather!
Give it a try and you will like it if you like strong scents!!! The cherry note turned to be Amaretto, and i really love the smell of drydown of the dark chocolate. Smells really delicious and not for a faint-hearted.

rmnelega
rmnelega

Interesting and elegant, refined and heavy, sensual and demonic, definitely not for teens...it would be like a 5 year old girl, wearing pearls :)

blueberry
blueberry

Grand! Longlasting and distinctive bitter almonds with amaretto give off a little bit of medicinal smell, which is very nice indeed. Kind of syrupy in the best possible way. The amber, patchouli and cedar notes intensify the warmth and sensuality of this oriental gem. LBDD has become one of my favorite fragrances, a Perfume with big P.
Sillage- quite good
Longevity (especially on clothes)-very good.
One of the best presents I have ever received and a blind buy at that! Love at first sniff.
EDIT: this refers to EDP.

Got this one today. Totally wonderful. Soft, deep, sexy and I feel like a she-devil ( in a good way). Longlasting - I sprayed this on one hand for 7 hours ago - and I still have Dragon around me..On me there is no sharp notes. This will be one of my top 5..
I have the Eau de Parfum-version. In one way I would say it reminds me a little of YSL-Cinéma. Just remainds me, they are not similar. This one is more luxury and sensual. Makes me feel faboulus and rich and special.

En otroligt lyxig och sensuell doft som sitter i många timmar på huden. Jag har eau de Parfum-versionen. På sätt och vis så påminner denna lite om YSL-Cinéma men de påminner bara om varann, de är inte lika. Denna är mjukare, mer sensuell och sexig. Jag känner mig som en lyxig, rik kvinna när jag bär denna. Inga tunga eller skarpa noter alls.

Amethyste
Amethyste

I trusted in all of this reviews, but I got very dissapointed. At first it's too strong, I couldn't breathe. I thought it was a horrid and intoxicating perfume. Unpleasant! But, surprise! the drydown is way better, I can clearly feel the chocolate and benzoin notes.

denmaz
denmaz

sweet musky, bold, perfect at night and you have to be 35+. definately not a girl scent. it's a woman scent!

TankGirl
TankGirl

(Thank you asilverfire614 for giving me this tester :) )

Oh this is my cup of tea...I'm delighted with it, please if someone has this one and dont like it, I will buy it or swap it, seriously...

This is a masterpiece with a big, bold M. What a magical perfume...I'm not going to talk about the top notes because everybody already talked about them...
When I put Le Baiser du Dragon on my skin my eyes rolled with pleasure, this become immediatly my favourite perfume together with Femme Rochas.
I dont think this is a unisex fragrance as many said here, this perfume is not even for all women...LBDD requires modd, sophistication and place. I think its the perfect scent for special occasions. I can putt this of only on winter and I need to be on my best to wear this. LBDD is not a casual perfume, is not a office perfume, its not even a day perfume. Its a special perfume to be used on special occasions or to be appreciated at home when you need to bring some beauty on a awfull day.
I must confess that this perfume can be as beutifull as a funeral. This sounds creepy, but when I smell it I can only think about women dressed in black, with black velvet gloves and sunglasses, with a scarf covering their hair. I think of the man smoking outside the church and I think about the after party when everybody drinks and silently hide the tears. I think about the wet earth, the morbid flowers and the dusty saints in the church. LBDD is a perfume that embodys the rituals of death, because its dark, beautifull and after all a scent that has a relly deep history. The name couldnt be more perfect, the kiss of the dragon is after all the kiss of death.
A very poetical perfume and a must have in any collection.

Sillage: Great
Lasting Power: +24h

saprophilous
saprophilous

A sharp scent that definitely oozes confidence and sophistication. Beautiful almond and cedar. Up close this is a seductive scent on the skin... and from a far I find it has a spicy note that lingers with an impression that is somewhat a burn (not negative). A unique women's fragrance that is sexy with a more androgynous and power-driven quality.
This is something that could transpose you into a dimly lit opium den, ornate carved wood, languid and long trails of thick incense smoke...

cryman41
cryman41

A great scent from Cartier, it's so gorgeous...first time you can smell gardenia and then you'll be shocked by the dark chocolate and caramel

costaleo
costaleo

Actually I agree that is a perfume that requires some time to be enjoyed. I received a sample and did not like at first, smelled too snob, completely out of my reality of perfume use. As it evolved on my skin, it started to smell yet elegant and sophisticated, but more wearable. Today I have a small bottle with a great fragrance inside. Really an indisputable masterpiece, which escapes the boredom prevailed in perfumery. This unanimity (everyone likes just one style, so these styles that cater to the general public are repeated last forever) is a little nauseating. The kiss of the dragon comes to spit a little fire in our jaded senses and arouse our emotions.

elusivek
elusivek

This starts out as fairly heavy, almost bitter, spice to me. The woods quickly appear and it hovers with that mix for approximately 15 or so minutes.

Then the bitterness disappears, the spice tones down and it's a dusty/mossy type of wood with the spice making it exotic.

Shortly thereafter, a soft delicate floral mix of rose and jasmine drift in. I love that the floral lingers the way it does. It's there enough to be able to soften and lighten without being cloying or dominant.

It's a good scent with just a breath of floral for those who don't really like floral dominated scents (me!!).

Overall it's a deep, warm, spicy, woodsy and exotic scent.

ezdravkova
ezdravkova

i was ready to swear this is a chypre.. I smell moss in it, I am sure, especially in the very beginning, then the sweetness masks it.. I was surprised to see no moss in the pyramid..

ArkangeL
ArkangeL

I was advised by a woman to start viewing certain fragrances as genderless, despite what sex its labelled. I see why now.

Basenotes can be like DNA, you never know how they may attach themselves to your chemistry in collaboration. What makes this so compatible for men, is the ensemble of wood notes, gourmand notes, patchouli, musk and brute florals such as Jasmine. Bitter almond can be found in the praised Givenchy Pi. Dark chocolate served well in Mont Blanc Individuel as well as BLV Notte. Kiss of The Dragon is beyond words, and I have 3.3 ounces of it to kiss my body chemistry.

When I 1st smelled it, i had a typical 'What is this?'reaction.
But in time I learned to love it BIG time!
SO well worth the effort to find it. I would say it is available online not??
Good luck!

adele l
adele l

I purchased the pure parfum decant. I think it's somewhere along the lines of hypnotic poison (which i don't like)- dark, spicy, and exotic gourmand almonds. Strangely enough after a bath it smells rich and woodsy- really lovely and unisex.

anaaranha
anaaranha

I love it! It's gourgeous, beautiful, classy and one of my top 3, for sure!

I love all the notes and I feel sorry that I purchased the EDT and cannot find the EDP in my country for selling anymore, for some people says wonders about the EDP, much deeper and long lasting.

Enfin, I'm in my second bottle and I think I will never get tired of it.

guest_pipip
guest_pipip

a good friend of mine gave it to me. I didn't know that this perfume for women, since she said it's a unisex perfume. But it blends so nicely with my body odor! So, I have no doubt that men could also wear it. Very nice perfume!

guest_Roberta
guest_Roberta

I really love this. Very complex, evolves over a long period of time. I use it for special occasions - and can smell it the next morning when I wake up. One of my top 10, I can't believe I happened on it, in the clear out section of a duty free shop for a ridiculously low price! Reminds me s bit of YSL's Nu re it's complexity.

BIG
BIG

EDP review: i'm a guy and i heard people saying that this scent could be very well unisex, so i gave it a try. when applied, it has an oily texture and the first moments after application it reminded me, imho,of YSL M7. It got this dense smell, maybe somewhere bit medicinal. i waited the fragrance to unfold and later on upon sniffing my wrist again, it felt as if somebody put on me a black suffocating fur coat.

Catbiscuit
Catbiscuit

Deary me! How can I have gone through life never having become intimate with Dragon before now? I could smooch this mythological beast till kingdom come.

I find it incredibly difficult to isolate notes here despite my best efforts I get too distracted by the sheer joy of smelling it!

From what I can decipher in more lucid moments, I get a little caramel, gentle woodsiness & spicy flowers of indeterminate beauty. Thankfully, I don't get any camphor which I passionately hate in perfume. It is just so smooth, diverse & comfortable. Not TOO comfortable though that you forget about it. It is constantly changing & suprising & delighting, like rainbows refracting off dragon scales. Almost tactile.

Basically, this is cashmere for the nose. Soft, warm, snuggly, luxurious, complex, savoury. Mine.

Juma
Juma

No go! On my skin makes too much chocolate and too much sugar...But I can imagine it is nice scent on some people.

adrienn99
adrienn99

I regret to say but this reminds me of a shampoo that was marketed a long time ago ...too bad I did not like the smell of that either. But if I put aside this notion this is a unique scent and has character.

lillybee
lillybee

Le Baiser de Dragon have always been in my top 10 of orientals and have been wearing the EDT and EDP versions on and off for years now. I would say it's a lot heavier, sumptious version of Prada Infusion d'Iris where the main theme is quite similar - a mix of woody citrus, orange leaves and delicate exotic flowers - and the difference is in the concentration and longevity.

Only after a few moments the more powerful floral notes take over where what appears is a spicy creamy - powdery cloud of jasmine and spicy, camphorous tones of cedar, mixed with the clearness of musk.

Luckily the musk accentuates the more delicate floral notes of iris so you don't get overwhelmed by the heady jasmine, I prefer orientals with a woody

With time the fragrance gets slightly woodier and more ambery but it still has the camphorous edge. The main source of spiciness in the composition is the benzoin, amber and pathouli.

The fact that this fragrance uses a lot of notes otherwise mostly used in base notes - musk and cedar - in its heart makes Le Baiser du Dragon powerful and extremely long-lasting that will envelope you with its warmth and coolness all day.

What it ultimately reminds me is a walk in the forest when arriving at a meadow the coolness and mysterious semi-darkness of the cedar, vetiver and patchouli undergrowth meets the sumptious nectar sweet cloud of strong smelling exotic flowers jasmine and iris.

Appropriately named the kiss of the dragon, this perfume is a love or hate one. I don't wear it every day only on days I want to appreciate its uniqueness, its unusual warm and cool blend and masterful composition.

A masterfully blended, unique composition, a hidden gem!

Michele716
Michele716

I love Le Baiser! I have the edt and parfum and can't get enough of it. I wore it to work yesterday and one of my co-workers went on and on about how wonderful I smelled. She was in my cubicle and asked if she could just stand there and breathe in the fumes. I was wearing the parfum and must admit I applied it with a heavy hand because my only complaint about this perfume is that it doesn't last very long on my skin. It would be a great perfume for a romantic evening but since those don't come along very often, I'm going to enjoy it for myself.

dragonesque
dragonesque

Le Baiser du Dragon EDP is a true dragon of a fragrance =) It starts sweet with Amaretto liqueur notes as if promising a long journey along gastronomic pleasures of French restaurants. But it does not keep its promise. It turns dark, smoky and mysterious. I can see black cliffs of an island lost somewhere far away from navigable waterways. The peaks of the cliffs go high above the clouds. No sound disturbs the quiet of the island, but the splashes of waves and an occasional low snarl reaching from atop the cliffs.
Dark, heavy, dangerous and strangely comforting - my all time favorite and the Holy Grail of my perfume wardrobe.

mister_chaz
mister_chaz

this is an EDT review: I don't get any sharp, overbearing or "old lady" experiences with this one. On contrary, very warm, cozy amber scent, classic oriental, well-balanced and long-lasting. I like caramel, chocolate and almonds for added little sweetness. Captivating woodsy fragrance!

Belle de la nuit
Belle de la nuit

Who am I kidding? I have tried to be mature by wearing the likes of Addict and Opium and I classify this one amongst them, Angel included as they are all so captivating but say a little too much about the wearer and their inner world or what we feel their world to be. It reminds me of Opium. On me it is ridiculous on me but on my bf it is sexy and amazing. Men should try this.

Dark Curls
Dark Curls

Sherapop I love your reviews! You should be a writer! Now I really want to test this lol :-)

Dark, heavy, and viscous, Cartier LE BAISER DU DRAGON certainly delivers on the promise of its name. From the first intoxicating spritz, I was swept into oriental worlds far away.

LE BAISER DU DRAGON is Marlene Dietrich in the Casbah or Catherine Deneuve in the opium dens of Indochine. This is an incense-smoke-filled brothel with hanging sheets of beads as doors. This is intense sensuality somehow captured in a bottle.

To my nose, the gourmand notes have blended together with the wood, chypre, amber, musk and benzoin to create a viscous oriental oil with fatal attraction staying power and sillage. Beware where and around whom you wear this elixir!

Apply sparingly; one drop on each wrist will do: this edp is more like perfume!

Sissi
Sissi

A Kiss from a tame Dragon I whound
Put it but neverless sensual rules this
perfume. the Delectable Recipe of Amaretto Caramel Chocolate & Woods.
is pefect for bedtime Fantasies.
like walking though the back Allies
of Hong Kong with Red neon signs reflecting allover your body and you
see a famous very sexy martial arts
Actor And he askes you to come to his room and he slowly kisses you and you made love until the alarm clock rings
and you wake up. and realize it was all
a dream and you give thanks to

Le Baiser Du Dragon.

soulsong
soulsong

A spicy opening is inevitable with the name's implications! But it isn't spicy, as in cinnamon and peppermint, which is what I think of with a dragon's fiery kiss. When the woody notes settle down in an hour or so, that is when I really enjoy it, the balance between almonds and gardenia and something I can't really identify. I wasn't going to like it because Luca Turin describes it as a failed oriental, but despite my many choices I kept returning to it. Gentle love, like an old & good marriage, where they are good friends...

lulu88
lulu88

wow, So many raving reviews...I couldn't wait to get my EDP sample.
Finally it arrived...
The main note of it, the greatest pride and joy for most, smells exactly as Papmpers diapers ("Easy-up" - anyone?), the clean ones of course, right out of the package (I would never consider suggesting to smell soiled diaper to you).
That's all for "sexy" & "magical" & "mysterious" & "sophisticated".

Denica
Denica

This perfume is an aristocrat! Тhick, deep, magical, sexual in a classy way. From the category ''all time favorites''. Smells....very expensive, that`s it.

Malegria
Malegria

I hoped for something with a lots of almonds and Amaretto liquor when i got it. And yes, at first I could feel the slightly bitter scent of almond essence! Then it almost disappears on me and the chocolate and patchouli linger on. Actually, it just feels as a slightly more refined Cocoon by Yves Rocher after only 30 minutes - chocolate+very pronounced patchouli.
If I had not known Cocoon beforehand, I`d fall in love right away.
But - even if le Baisier du Dragon is better balanced, it is surprisingly short living.

guest_tca
guest_tca

First time i smelt it in Neiman Marcus and it was love at first smell and then my husband bought it for me as a Christmas gift but the problem is, the scent doesn't last longer than an hour on me in spite of it being a parfum. I even went little heavier on it today and got the same result. Don't know what to do and feel like it was a waste of money. But i really do love it and think it's such a shame.

angel73
angel73

A wonderful perfume....it is my new fragrance since Angel (wore since 92).
Cartier makes very good fragrances with character and good drydown...
It is very very warm, captivating, seductive...only for fatal woman, not for little girls !
Men an women ever ask me what i wear ?
it is an incredible and very original perfume...the vetiver and bitter almond are so addictive...long lasting .
A perfume for women with a real personnality...to wear the night of preference...the associated line (body lotion ...) is not easy to find, it is a pity.

sky76sky
sky76sky

I concur, Chat! It does smell wonderful on a man's skin :)

I need a little more wearing-time to see if I can master being the canvas for this superb perfume that paints the picture Chat describes. I love its rich, deep, woody scent & it would suit me perfectly if only the edges were more smooth & rounded. To me, the fragrance has a certain harshness & darkness that is tamed by the heavier male scent & turns into something truly exceptional.

Men, if you like your fragrances warm & woodsy with a kick of amaretto.....do dabble with the Dragon.

Natalia78
Natalia78

Elegant, sharp, feminine, long lasting; all you wanted brings the Dragon.

clairdelune
clairdelune

I've sampled this a couple times and see that this scent is way out of my league. I think the name is fitting--there is nothing subtle about Baiser, just as there is nothing subtle about a fire-breathing dragon. This is perfume with a purpose--it is a potion of seduction, and hence far too much for me to attempt to pair with my comfortable Dansko clogs and warm, corduroy pants.
Baiser and I are ill-suited for eachother. Even so, I respect this 'Big-Girl'-sophisticated-refined patchouli frag. I can't wear it and take myself seriously, but it has an elegance I will admire--on other women who can pull this one off.

zielona

This is not a "nice", pleasant and easy fragrance. Just like its owner, it can be chimerical and moody. One day, sharp, dry and woody, other - sweet and cloudy like milk with amaretto.
But however it shows on me, it always feels like a second skin. Essence of perfection: the name, the bottle, the fragrance. I love this uncontrollable animal in every form. EdT is most autumnal and woody; EdP more complex and capricious, with most extraordinary blend of patchouli, chocolate and jasmine. And the perfume... delicious like pudding and still unpredictable.
There will always be something to try or die for, but Le Baiser du Dragon is my perfume's lord and master.

"It suits you well
It is that black".

Catnip
Catnip

I remember encountering the fragrance a few years ago, thinking, "Wow! This is how a perfume should smell." I love the spicy and slightly sharp opening of the EDP version. The woods and creamy patchouli gradually take the center stage, and the base becomes almost mellow. It is patchouli at its best.

Then, a few weeks ago I came across the Pure Perfume version. It is much softer, but it is also much richer and darker. Here, the amaretto notes are more pronounced and, in a combination with the dreamy patchouli, it creates an almost gourmand feeling. The chocolate notes are also more prominent here than in the EDP version. Overall, this is a beautiful, daring, and classy fragrance.

pimentosugars
pimentosugars

Le Baiser Du Dragon, what a gorgeous name and bottle!

I expected something more oriental. This dragon's kiss is warm and astringent at the same time, with patchouli coiling around topnotes of amaretto and almonds. A new combination to me, the result is sophisticated, almost a medicinal incense, dry as a martini. The trail reminds me of Douce Amere without the sweetness, a kind of light latex smell. This lets it down somewhat. But initially, it is unforgettable, a perfume for woman/men who trust their own power and charisma. Dragons are seldom sweet, but they know how to beguile!

gesch
gesch

this is cartier in it's feminine best:
it IS heavy at first and you have to use it sparingly. though it starts slightly masculine, after half an hour it's sophisticated feminine. it requests an acquired taste, too.
though not in the database I find it quite similar to aigner "explosive". it is woody alright, shouldn't be worn during the day, great lasting power for the edt,amazing longvity for the edp and absoulutely daring.
have to add: can't wear these two-got a headache from them, which i find really sad.but i'm envious of those, who can pull them off.it's sexy,without needing to be animalistic or musk-y, sweet,...

rednose
rednose

When one of my teachers borrowed my book, she gave it back with this smell all over the pages. That is when I fell in love with it. You could only imagine how happy I was when I tied the fragrance to a name(It took sometimes, because I didn't ask) I went and bought right away. Don't let the first seconds turn you away, it drys down well.

Right now, the bottle is not finishing. I'm growing tired of it since I don't use perfumes interchangeably.Still, it makes me smile :)

Miss_Smart
Miss_Smart

A warm and sexy scent that wraps around you.
A velvety and wonderful feeling.
I absolutely love it.

beba53
beba53

Simply divine! There is a mystery to its smell, people stop you and ask.. my housekeeper loves doing my laundry hahaha A must have for the lover of classy perfume

Tarya
Tarya

Seductive, and luxurious. Slightly masculine. Beautiful orintal desing of the bottle.

I can't believe I stumbled across it at a duty-free, in the 'bargain bin' section. Knew it had to be good, being Cartier and never heard of it prior. Loved it instantly - very mysterious and unusual. I wear it only for special occasions and feel it is one of a few favourites that are 'me'.

around 50, fake red big hair, massive built, suit clothed and over jeweled business woman with aggressive manners.
This is the picture this scent conjures for me. If you are like that this scent will suit you too much making a caricature of you. The juice is harsh, bitter, very heavy and aggressive, slightly more mellow than Opium, but very masculin type. Too bad the bottle is beautiful and the name too. I guess if I love So Pretty this must be its opposite.

SandraS
SandraS

I find it very sexy. Reminds me of dark rooms and incense burning and candlelight. The perfect seduction scenario...

To wear when you want to let your dark side shine.

Love the amaretto and dark chocolate.Reminds me of Tiramisu dessert. Blends very nicely with the ceder and vetiver, keeping the scent on the border ...not masculine and not girly... all woman reaching away from sweet safe scents. Very smoky, dark and dry oriental, it has no hint of sugar or vanilla that after a while tires the wearer (me). Great staying power and sillage. For the self assured confident woman.

megannsmom
megannsmom

I think people are getting the "perfume gone Bad" idea from the top notes when this is first applied; it is indeed a bit of old turpentine/old lady/gone bad kind of hit. I tried this once and didn't go back for over a month! But I got brave and tried it again; I learned that those top notes melt within minutes into a warm and rich spicy-wood scent with tons of sophistication! This is a scent for a confident woman, one that has money or just wants to smell like she does. In short, I was frightened at first, but have now fallen in love!

Scent lover
Scent lover

It is a gourmand patchouli with melted almonds in it. Warm, comforting, beautifully done.

guest_Gayla/Dallas
guest_Gayla/Dallas

I absolutely love this fragrance. I was in Costco and a lady passed me by and had to come back and tell me how much she loved my cologne. I love any fragrance with almond, vetiver and cedar! This is a classic oriental that lasts all day. I guarantee you will get compliments and it is well worth the money!!!

autumn93
autumn93

To my nose this starts off with a strange "perfume gone bad" odor. It dries down to a warm/earthy/almond/insence base.It reminds me of Opium with a little less powder and a bit more patchouli. I like it.

mirror
mirror

I like it!
I don't find it old-ladyish at all. Of course it is more on the heavy side and I would only recommend it for winter... I suppose that is why some people think it is old fashioned.

Imagine a classic warm and sensual scent with some creamy almond and a hint of sharpness added to give it its unique and interesting character.

susieqrj
susieqrj

I´m rewriting my review: at first, I tried the EDP version. The perfume is oily and my first impression is that it is too strong, like "old lady perfume", but not totally unpleasant.
After three hours, the smell is gentler, but still dark. The almonds are more evident and the essence is becoming conforting.

Two days later I tried the EDT version. Still oily at spray, but the smell is much better. I could smell the almonds from the very beggining. Now I can say it is a good perfume.

My opinions: EDP is hell, EDT is heaven.
I bought EDT, I haven´t tried it fully on my skin.

Garfield
Garfield

If you like this one, just try the pure "Parfum" version too; it's much more subtile and sophisticated than the eau de parfum ;-)

0_o
0_o

Today I've tried the EDT, I can't really smell it. It's a bit citrusy, and I smell a little spice or wood but it's so light I really have to bury my nose in my wrists.... And then my nose itches!

dona
dona

One of my most favourite parfumes ever. I feel good, as somebody hugs and caresses me when I wear it. Mine is PP, but I like edp more. I've never smelt edt.

BlackAmberMoon
BlackAmberMoon

Sexy in the classic sense. This is NOT a sweet vanilla bomb - be prepared to let it develop on the skin before making a final judgment. Very dry, yet erotic.

PR
PR

if you don't like YSL 'Y', Rive Gauche, Robert Piquet 'Bandit' , Chanel N22, Shalimar by Guerlain, I would advice not to waste one's time trying this perfume, you woudn't be able to appreciate it. This 'classic' scenario happened to me, I don't understand these kind of smells, for me they're all the same, just some make me caugh sooner than later..they are all quite identical to me, I feel like being perfume daltonic amongst the fans of these scents:-/

woogyjones50
woogyjones50

Sexy, sophisticated, very long lasting...you will be noticed with this perfume. It is just beautiful. I, too, have problems with patchouli scents but this perfume gets it just right. Long lasting and ever-evolving: There is a lot going on in this perfume. For me, it is one that I had to wear several times to get the full range of it. It is unique in that it gives you a little something different each time you wear it which makes it interesting and not boring to wear. The amaretto at first was a little off-putting because that is not my favorite. But the beauty of this perfume (or the downfall depending on your viewpoint) is that it doesn't stay with one note for very long until it trasnitions into something else. The creator of this perfume certainly created a complex and non-linear scent.

mellybee
mellybee

I have tried this perfume a couple of times and was intrigued; the first time I loved it but the second not at all!It started to annoy me, becoming too overwhelming, too much…but it's got a very pleasant drydown on my skin and lasts long. I don´t know if i like it, but it is certainly special not an average.

Halvah

Still one of my favourites. I have the perfume concentration, whih is incredibly warm and sexual, I fell very confident, very happy when wearing it. Fantastic, gorgeous scent!

liat
liat

I could never make it through the opening note. It's so hard and strong I just can't stand myself wearing it.

girlsrideharleys2
girlsrideharleys2

I really enjoy this fragrance. I can definately smell the almond and vetiver. Best worn in cooler months. This will be a great addition to my collection.

F_A
F_A

Very good oriental fragrance. I smell the mixture of incences and caramelized almonds. It's gorgeaus!

dianthus
dianthus

I got one small sample and i feel there will be a day when i just NEED MORE:).. As you wrote, sexy and mysterious. Like old woody black box keeping all secrets...

coco76
coco76

wow, i can't believe how many great reviews there are for this perfume! I ordered a sample of this based on the notes...and HATED it. I usually like patchoulli scents but I did not smell it at all here. To me, it smelled like my grandmothers second husband...yuck!!!! I can't believe this is a woman's perfume. probably one of my top 5 hated, along with 'hot couture'
by Givenchy..definetly not my cup of tea.

Aiona
Aiona

I don't usually like patchouli scents, but this one is tolerable. The opening notes are really strong and different, and make me think of the Ginger People ginger chews. This is not a fruity floral, that's for sure! I didn't like the ginger-like smell of the first 3 hours, but after it had dried down some, occasionally I would catch this really nice deep, ambery vanilla-something smell. And it was me! It doesn't smell good up close. It's all patchouli up close, but just wafting around me, it smells really good, and has lasted for about 10 hours today.

Halvah

I simply love it. Very unique and deep warm.

afraafra

Sharp opening may put you off but after a while it turns into a very oriental perfume almost unisex.

afraafra

Voted one of the sexiest womens perfumes on basenotes community

Diana
Diana

I love this perfume, it's been a long time since I found one so luscious and beautiful, very sensual and warm.

2007

Le Baiser Du Dragon by Cartier 3.95 out of 5 based on 1379 ratings and 300 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Cartier Le Baiser Du Dragon fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Cartier Le Baiser Du Dragon, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Le Baiser Du Dragon by Cartier. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Le Baiser Du Dragon by Cartier represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.