Designers » C » Chypre « Groups

Les Heures de Cartier: L`Heure Fougueuse IV Cartier for women and men
dislike

leather
Les Heures de Cartier: L`Heure Fougueuse IV Cartier for women and men Pictures

Les Heures de Cartier: L`Heure Fougueuse IV by Cartier is a Chypre fragrance for women and men. Les Heures de Cartier: L`Heure Fougueuse IV was launched in 2011. Top notes are bergamot and magnolia; middle notes are vetiver, lavender and mate; base notes are leather, oakmoss and musk. The fragrance features magnolia and oak.

Bergamot Magnolia

Les Heures de Cartier: L`Heure Fougueuse IV Fragrance Reviews

Cyrus Smith
Cyrus Smith

This is an experience!

I couldn't help thinking I had been parachuted into a stable! I am on the same page as Eloquaint (the review just before) on this one. It is all about earth, hay, stable, barn, horse, leather & saddle on me. Would I wear it, probably not... but it is truly fascinating how the nose behind this one (Mathilde Laurent) has managed to recreate this particular smell that some may find offensive, but others who love horses and riding would associates to something positive. It is not about perfumery, luxury or smelling good... to me, this is the mastering of blending elements to create an instant image that your nose and memory remember so perfectly.

On a similar theme... Tauer's Lonestar Memories. I will have to go and try it again since I do not remember it well.

Just for curiosity's sake... try L'Heure Fougueuse!

Eloquaint
Eloquaint

Patty's review over at Perfume Posse described L'Heure Fouguese as smelling like "tea perfume paired with horse," and I think she has it exactly right. Anyone who has ever been in a stable will remember the smells of hay, leather, and, yes, horse, that combine to make an absolutely unique olfactory experience. Unique, but uncannily emulated by L'HF. The tea note in L'HF smells like clean new hay, while the leather note opens up smelling like the warm, dusty, dry skin of a horse. As the leather deepens it smells more like the tack room, saddles and bridles and boots.

The dry down loses a lot of the tea/hay barn mustines and becomes more of a conventionally salty leather, albeit a very nicely done leather.

Both excellent in its own right and worth smelling as a reminder of the power of scent to whisk away the daily grind and take you to another time and place.

Big Beak
Big Beak

This is a calming fragrance.

It makes me feel like drinking a cup of tea outdoors in the garden where it has rained recently. There is a gentle breeze, and the heat of summer is drifting away. Autumn has arrived. It's late afternoon, and I'm tired. Cartier IV relaxes me by combining all the above.

I sprayed this on one arm and Gucci Pour Homme II on the other. They both were in the same neighborhood as far as smell, and what everyone around me considered pleasing. However, 3 hours later, the Cartier is still dominated by the tea scent whereas the Gucci has turned sweet and cinnamon-like. They both wear very close to the skin. Both have poor sillage as well.

I was looking for a tea-heavy fragrance. Since the Cartier retains the black tea note this long, I will pick this instead. I'm not too happy about the price though. $3.47/mL for the Cartier v. $0.76/mL for the Gucci. If your budget is tight, go with the Gucci.

Hélio Sérgio Rocha
Hélio Sérgio Rocha

*Les Heures de Cartier: L`Heure Fougueuse IV by Cartier

A fresh floral opening with something green of Mate herb. Vetiver appears not earthy but clean.

This scent gives me a sensation of cleaning that no other can ever do. So unique.

It evokes something carnal, smelling of clean sheets, white color, peace...

The leather here is good and well blended with the animalic musc. Here this animalic accord is soft and very very very sensual, i promise.

I can feel some oak moss too, making a charming and lovely dry.

Well done, Mathilde!

Les Heures de Cartier: L`Heure Fougueuse IV by Cartier 4.57 out of 5 based on 43 ratings and 4 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Cartier Les Heures de Cartier: L`Heure Fougueuse IV fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Cartier Les Heures de Cartier: L`Heure Fougueuse IV, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Les Heures de Cartier: L`Heure Fougueuse IV by Cartier. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Les Heures de Cartier: L`Heure Fougueuse IV by Cartier represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

L`Artisan Parfumeur Tea for Two Guerlain L'Heure Bleue Tom Ford Oud Wood Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille Guerlain Apres l'Ondee Serge Lutens Ambre Sultan Chanel Les Exclusifs de Chanel Sycomore Guerlain Vol de Nuit Tauer Perfumes 02 L`Air du Desert Marocain L`Artisan Parfumeur Dzing! Frederic Malle L'Eau d'Hiver Frederic Malle Carnal Flower Guerlain Habit Rouge Eau de Toilette Serge Lutens Iris Silver Mist Guerlain Cuir Beluga L`Artisan Parfumeur Timbuktu Parfum d`Empire Cuir Ottoman Comme des Garcons Comme des Garcons Series 3 Incense: Avignon Guerlain Bois d'Armenie Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille