Designers » C » Floral Fruity « Groups

Must II Cartier for women

Must II Cartier for women
dislike

Must II Cartier for women Pictures

Must II is a luxurious and respectable classic, floral perfume. All floral notes are in a perfect harmony. The top notes of mandarin orange, peach and hyacinth blend with the floral notes of the heart, where the gentle and refreshing notes of jasmine and daffodil are combined. The base is full of rich and woody accords: moss, vetiver, sandalwood and musk. It was designed by Alberto Morillas in 1993.

Mandarin Orange Tarragon Peach Hiacynth Bergamot Lemon

Carnation Orris Root Jasmine Lily-of-the-Valley Rose Narcissus

Sandalwood Musk Oakmoss Vetiver Cedar

Must II Fragrance Reviews

erskine
erskine

Ladies, I think I may have found a replacement for my beloved Must II EDT: Catch Me by Cacharel. Try it! It seems very similar to the way I remember. Doesn't last nearly as long, but you can't have everything.

Marco Chau
Marco Chau

I have both Must II EDT and EDP and would say both of them are very floral although their structures are actually quite different.

The EDT opens with slightly sweet fruity warm notes of mandarin and peaches together with beautiful Hyacinth and Jasmin. Shortly after, the top notes started to mellow and strong scent of Daffodil took over with noticeable mossy and powdery notes as background. The scents of Carnation and something green are detected from time to time and the combination of notes blended perfectly together to project an intoxicating yet bright aroma. As I thought the scent was going to fade away after a couple hours, instead it seemed to gain power and started all over again on my skin. This aroma lasted for a very long time on my skin before any woody notes of dry vetiver and cedar joined in and the deep dry down is earthy, sensual, classy and beautiful. Must II EDT lasted for around eight hours on my skin.

Now come to Must II EDP. As it is a much stronger concentration, its floral heart notes took over everything from the start and made it almost impossible to identify any individual notes. Just imagine the aroma you would smell from a field of Daffodils and patches of Hyacinth and Jasmine blooming in Spring together with powdery scent of Orris and Roses. Although it does not have the play of distinct top and heart notes as in the EDT, the scent is expansive and immensely beautiful. The EDP lasted forever on my skin although it did fade eventually and the deep dry down was more musky than woody compared to the EDT.

Both the EDT and EDP are excellent fragrances and very unique to my nose.

LaVieEnParfum
LaVieEnParfum

searching, hoping and waiting since about 20 years. thanks ebay i have it again. so happy

Must II Eau de Toilette:
On my skin Must II starts with oakmoss, then vetiver, cedar and sandalwood starts to dance.. just an airy wiff of flowernotes in background. Elegant, classy and chic for the superwoman, not a scent for a teenager in my opinion.

Must II Eau de Toilette:
På mig startar Must II med ekmossa, sen kommer vetiver, ceder och sandelträ och bjuder upp till dans. En luftig fläkt av blomnoter i bakgrunden. Elegant, klassisk och chic för superkvinnan. Ingen doft för tonåringen enligt mig..

puncturedbicycle

Just to respond to ruthymsdrama's experience, I too got a sample of that frag - Exceptional - in my recent Fragrancenet order. Must II is my favourite fragrance but I found Exceptional to be a terrible scrubber on me, so while I think it's great that it worked for ruthymsdrama, it didn't work for me. The drydown was a nightmare, like CK One. (Eek, sorry to sound so negative.)

ruthymsdrama
ruthymsdrama

I will like to share an extraordinary news with you. Today I received a Fragrancenet perfume order. I consider myself the Cartier II widow ever since it was discontinued.As a result I have been buying from ebay almost all of them(exaggerating here) at ridiculous prices, but... Anyway searching Cartier other fragrances, I order Essence the Orange and Rose .Excellence fragrance but not like Cartier II makes me fill. Included was a sample of a perfume who called my attention. Is called Exceptional... because you are. No designer no nothing! But if you ask me smells very close to Cartier II! It gas a very bad review here in the perfume forum. Im very sorry but I like it and will give it a try. I am very particular for what I like and use but Im definedly will give myself a second chance to be in love. Don't know much about it. If any of you Cartier II lovers will like to try it too and share with me what you think pls. do.

karen2@efsnet.ca
karen2@efsnet.ca

I have to agree with all of these comments about this fragrance being absolutely phenomenal! Must II (very differnt from MUST original)It did not not seem to have been well known at all probably because of the price? Not sure because the original Must seemed to do well. At any rate, I have been missing it badly badly. Honestly!

I have contacted Cartier several times too in the past few years, but the answer is always no. Reviewer: Chanelperfume is absolutely right, nothing on the market seems to smell like it and the EDP, EDT(my fav)and Eau Fraiche are all beautiful and completely different scents.

If they could do a limited edition I would so love that!Especially for the EDT version in my opinion because of the green notes which just gave the fragrance a freshness and elegance at the same time. Absolutely brilliant. The eau fresh was much more lemony making it even more fresh. The EDP was the strongest naturally. Just a little went a long long way. Cartier's decision to discontinue was beyond unfortunate. Especially as I have not felt that any of their newer ones have been even nearly as good as Cartier II.

chanelperfume
chanelperfume

I think the reason Cartier discontinued Must II is because most people didn't know about it. When I would wear it, many people would ask me what was I wearing. Nothing in the market smells like it. I've called Cartier many times to ask if they're bringing it back and they always say no. Too bad because I think they're loosing to EBay and other stores that sell the old product that is no good anymore for a ridiculous high price. The best thing I really like about this fragrance is that the EDP, EDT, and Eau Fraice were almost like three different fragrances all of them very special in a unique way. I used to wear them all depending on my mood and sometimes I would mixed the EDP with regular Must Perfume. Those were wonderful days. Who knows, maybe some day Must II will be back with a vengeance. I'll be waiting.

TanteSimone
TanteSimone

A dream floral that is beyond words. I am more than grateful to a dear friend and fellow fragrantican who gave me a decant of this rare gem.

The fragrance is so elegant and classy that every time I wear it, I feel like a million bucks. The juice smells like a thousand flowers all in harmony. The flowers aren't fresh---they are more like frozen in huge blocks of ice to preserve their beauty.

Simply breathtaking.

stormyla
stormyla

It really is a shame that Cartier discontinued this lovely perfume. I did manage to get one last bottle of the EDP before the prices online skyrocketed.

Yesterday I was test wearing Delices de Cartier EDP and kept wondering why the fragrance seemed so familiar. Then it came to me. They are certainly not the same fragrance, but the simililarity is enough to recognize the relationship.

That said, I definitely prefer the Must II. It is a lighter and to my mind more feminine scent than Delices. I am going to take the other poster's suggestion and write to Cartier suggesting a re-issue, even if only a limited one!

fath1ma
fath1ma

Bold and Beautiful, are the right words for II. And has an elegant taste. Keep the richness, earthy behaviour. Everytime I sniff, it always bring me to the luxurious room, sitting on burgundy velvet sheet.
Ok, enough for my feeling :)

Citruses,, (bergamot, lemon) first seconds
Flowers.. I don't know which, but Jasmin is there after 1 minutes
Of course vetiver..and other woods are strongly make this scent to be bold..they stay like..forever. Won't left my skin.
Peach is too late for coming, also disappear quickly.

To be honest, I love to sniff on the bottle than on my skin.

scentelle
scentelle

Please, Cartier, bring it back!!!

Lakambini
Lakambini

I purchased a vintage 50ml bottle of Must II on the net. Perhaps the citrus top notes have faded with time, as I don't sense them, and the entire fragrance feels like it could be a slightly paler version of itself. Nonetheless, it’s the gem of my collection right now... the bottle is the kind that when you hold it, you feel a tightening in your chest. It is so beautifully hefty -- the perfect shape to fit in your hand -- and the frosted glass is impeccable. It exudes class. The scent is a rich and subdued floral, starting out earthy and rather chocolatey, a note that continues into the dry-down (when sprayed on fabric or paper), but on skin the perfume it blooms; I smell what must be the indolic character of the narcissus note: like burying your nose deep in the flower and being conscious of an odor so intense it’s almost fleshly. Wearing Must II I feel like a poor girl wearing a rich girl's dusty-rose cashmere sweater, one still warm and musky from contact with her skin.

readytofly
readytofly

I was given this perfume by a friend 15 years ago. I loved it then for its exquisite smell. I always got compliments everytime I wore this, specially from men. About halfway thru the bottle it got pushed to the back of the cupboard in favour of new scents and sorry to say I forgot about it's allure. Have rediscovered it when I was doing a mad clean up and I still get the same reaction when I wear it. It's magic. The citrus notes are still fresh as ever, I get a hit of vanilla in the middle and an illusive floral at the end. I'd be sorry when this bottle is finished as I think this is no longer available. It kept like a good bottle of wine.

atiet97
atiet97

Woooow!! Just woow!! It's sooo greattt!. This is what I call floral fruity. True to its genre. Alberto Morillas really did a great job here...Quite loud among his latest creations, which is nowadays more subtle and transparent.

Cartier-Must II somehow reminds me of Balenciaga-Talisman but 100% much more better. It's fresh but also sweet at the same time. The fresh kinda boozy lemon-orange combo renders the sweetness of the peach on the top notes. The heart of powdery carnation comes quietly followed by rose-jasmine duo. I detect a little bit of iris, but it's not that obvious. The best thing about it is the base drydown; soft, warm and enveloping. The sillage and longevity is also impressive around 5-6 hours on me, thanks Morillas!

When I wear this I feel like Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast with Tiffany!! Young, fun, girly but still...graceful. I think that image also comes to mind when I wear Cartier-So Pretty, which I also love. I like to wear this in a colder night or before bed. It has that certain quality that makes me feels so relax and continue the urge of snuggling behind the blanket :)

PS:
The drydown is similar to Givenchy, Jardin L'Interdit...in case you might want to try that too

puncturedbicycle

My all-time favourite. Complex and beautiful at every stage of its evolution, from the first moment on the skin to the last lingering traces the next day. It never fails to make me feel like a million dollars. I've salted away a full bottle which will have to last me until the end of my days or until I find a suitable replacement.

BVR
BVR

I'm still hoping they would re-issued it again. I miss it badly!

guest_arazalan
guest_arazalan

The smell of this perfume makes me feel like a millionaire...perfect harmony of all notes, very luxurious and sexy fragrance!! I will write to Cartier to see if they are willing to launch this perfume again.

guest_aka fred
guest_aka fred

does anyone know any perfume that is similar to this i have hunted for years after finding it in uk in 2001 and not able to get it since

I think that those of us who've used Must II agree it is the most elegant and sensual fragrance ever. Cartier made a huge mistake by discontinuing this precious gem. I'm also hunting for it, any ideas out there????

Kseniya
Kseniya

Wrote to Cartier and got a reply that at the moment they are not planning to re-issue this perfume. May be if more people write, the more chances of it coming back. It could be the case that some ingridients are not easily available.

guest_prescient
guest_prescient

This is the most beautiful frangrance I have owned. I am still looking for it. Scouring every site. Anyone know where to buy or a fragrance similar? I am addicted!

guest_dupret
guest_dupret

It's the loveliest perfume I've ever owned, and I spend a lot of time scouring ebays all over the world, and perfume stores online, buying all I can find at OK prices. My other favourites are Cristobal by Balenciaga, Arabie and Sultan Ombre by Luten. This eclipses them all. Exquisite.

I could't agree more! Must II was such an excellent fragrance, I would agrue Cartie's BEST one. Very expensive, I wonder if sales were too low? How they came to the decision to stop making such a gem baffles me.

moonflower143
moonflower143

i am intrigue with this perfume,i would like to give it a try, but if cartier stopped its production..we cant get this anymore... :-(

olzi
olzi

The highest, the sexiest, the luxuriest women's perfume i ever smelled. I wonder why cartier stoped its production.

guest_mamamia
guest_mamamia

its the sexiest perfume i have ever smelled.please give a try

Must II by Cartier 4.13 out of 5 based on 100 ratings and 27 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Cartier Must II fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Cartier Must II, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Must II by Cartier. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Must II by Cartier represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.