Designers » C » Oriental Spicy « Groups

Must de Cartier Pour Homme Cartier for men

Must de Cartier Pour Homme Cartier for men
dislike

cinnamon

Must de Cartier Pour Homme by Cartier is a Oriental Spicy fragrance for men. Must de Cartier Pour Homme was launched in 2000. The nose behind this fragrance is Nathalie Feisthauer. Top notes are coriander, carnation, green mandarin, grapefruit, anise, bergamot and oive leaf; middle notes are ginger and cinnamon; base notes are sandalwood, tonka bean, patchouli, musk, vanilla, vetiver and cedar.

Coriander Carnation Green Mandarin Grapefruit Anise Bergamot Oive Leaf

Ginger Cinnamon

Sandalwood Tonka Bean Patchouli Musk Vanilla Vetiver Cedar

Must de Cartier Pour Homme Fragrance Reviews

simon.edwards
simon.edwards

Difficult to know where to place this particular scent in the fragrance spectrum. It gives of the equivalency of a musky / talc type scent that is actually quite heavy, despite its best attempts to mirror that new born baby but still masculine fresh arome. Its long lasting, and it radiates well. Because of the deceptive, lighter notes, its easy to put too much on and then it becomes overkill. Interesting scent overall, and perhaps an acquired smell, but if you're looking for something different, and you can still find a bottle, its worth your consideration. Seriously, Cartier was on fire in the early 2000's. I bought this off the back of a bottle of declaration and i was sold on the brand. Unique in a way that perhaps L'eau D'Issey is in today's market.

1welshdevil
1welshdevil

I enjoy wearing this in winter time, it's so warming, the mix of ginger and cinnamon is so soothing and warm, it's lovely. It's not the best fragrance in terms of longevity, as it goes after about 4 hours (sadly.) There is something sweet in amongst the spice, in truth my nose can't detect it. It's one of those fragrances you spray on your wrist and you have to keep going back to, it's fairly complex, when it softens it becomes quite powdery and musky. Perfect for night time, just have an extra few sprays ;-)

seachase
seachase

A cinnamon note has never been a big favorite of mine, but the perfect blend of cinnamon in Must de Cartier is absolutely exquisite.
Apparently, ginger and anise are cinnamon's best friends, because the way they work together here is the equivalent of the Vienna Boys Choir singing the perfect lullaby.
This fragrance is amazing.
Pure sophistication and class, liquified and put in a bottle.
Highly recommended.

Scent - 9
Longevity - 8
Sillage 7

It was a very sexy, compliment-generator, women-magnet, evening/nighty fragrance. It's sad it's gone.

dioraddictfan
dioraddictfan

This was a blind buy for me, but reading reviews on here and looking at the notes, and just remembering fragrances from the early 2000's, it was a safe bet. I just love this! This is a very grown up scent, very masculine and just perfect! It reminds me of the women's Must, which has a note that doesn't agree with me. It isn't here, and this still has that powdery feel that the women's does, but it's much more wearable. I wish they still made this lovely scent!

Knife2
Knife2

Masterpiece? Without doubt! This is my all time fave scent and I will never forgive Cartier for terminating it! First day buyer when they revive it, and they M-U-S-T ! Many notes going on in this, extremely well composed with the cinnamon playing the lead part. I can see any man wearing this, young or old. Real class and quality from Cartier.

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

The sadly discontinued yet still quite easy to find Must de Cartier pour Homme is a great scent, just this close to phenomenal. It smells irresistibly refined and sophisticated in a less conventional way than usual, it smells rich and deep but also breezy and bright, and it’s definitely quite ahead of its time while showing solid roots into classic perfumery. Basically it’s a fresh spicy-woody scent, but a rather unique one. First of all, a bit like Fendi Theorema for women, the freshness here is cleverly played on spicy notes rather than only – and predictably - on citrusy or green ones; cinnamon above all, and coriander. There’s citrus obviously, but the spiciness is equally bold and clear, albeit incredibly weightless and perfectly “tamed down” (so no worries, not an “exotic bomb”). Sandalwood is there too, supporting both the aromatic spiciness and the fresh side with its “juicy-fruity” nuances. A greenish aromatic note of what I thought may be laurel, while it must that olive tree leaf note, provides a whiff of Mediterranean. A zesty and uplifting blend, but with “flavour” and complexity. Then, the other irresistible aspect that makes Must so special to me is its base; as Turin writes in his guide, and I agree with him, there’s a subtle yet vibrant sort of animalic feel on the base that blends with the crisp refinement of cedar to create a really peculiar sort of “sophisticated dirt”, if that makes sense. Like a dusty, camphorous, musky and even almost moldy base note which provides a fantastic touch of “sweaty virility” to a really clean, almost dandified fresh-spicy-woody blend. I don’t know what it may be due to, I guess it may be a side-effect of musk and woods, but the feel is just perfect. The ensemble is really remarkable, as you get this incredibly harmonic mixture of fresh, fruity, green, spicy notes with woods, musk, “dirty” shades. Terribly classy, but also deep and substantial, even complex and slightly ambiguous. A shiny gem with a dark shade – and a “niche” personality too, as this hasn’t the slightest “designer” look to any extent (well, ok, maybe a conventional woody-amber aroma underneath). Total quality. To me it smells also completely versatile and I hardly imagine someone not liking this, so... grab one if you find it, even blind. It has only one “con” to my nose: the persistence isn’t as good as the smell.

8,5/10

manos1965
manos1965

A nice frangrance with medium longevity and sillage but i must say its far away to characterized as masterpiece.

nero77
nero77

An elegant and luxurious discontinued gem.

Must de Cartier followed the women's oriental from back in 1981. This men's version fragrance is really such a refined, classy scent.

You get aniseed, mandarin orange, grapefruit... followed by cinnamon, ginger, carnation, vanilla, sandalwood & tonka bean. It is such an elegant fragrance I can see a man in a tailored suit in an exclusive high class bar in either Hong Kong or Paris or New York... wearing this beautiful, elegant smell. The most elegant fashioned-suit and an aura of wealth and confidence. It just proves that you don't have to spend so much money on a fragrance to smell rich. It is such a shame that they discontinued this fragrance.

Pure class and elegance, a mysterious oriental with anise, cinnamon, ginger, cinnamon, vanilla & sandalwood. I would love to see something so elegant for men being made again by Cartier. Either way a wonderfully smooth, oriental fragrance for men, and a real shame it was discontinued. R.I.P.

d04m022011
d04m022011

É um absurdo como as pessoas se deslumbram apenas com as griffes,e por isso acham tudo maravilhoso. Este perfume é apenas agradável. Nada especial, fixação fraca e pouca sillagem. Não vale o preço.
It's absurd how people are fascinated with just the brand names, and so find it wonderful. This scent is just nice. Nothing special, poor fixation and little sillagem. Not worth the price.

Ivano
Ivano

The most elegant fragrance I ever had. I CAN'T BELIEVE this has been discontinued. What a masterpiece man! So disappointed...

jht4060
jht4060

It is funny how different this smells to me compared to most of the votes and the reviews. From my bottle of Must de Cartier pour Homme I get basically a masculine skin scent with subtle spicy overtones. The base, which is almost the entire scent, to my nose is a gentle white musk and sandalwood with the merest whisper of something animalic keeping it from smelling like white musk soap, and touches of vanilla or tonka imparting some sweetness. Carnation and cinnamon contribute a soft spiciness, but they are not at all the first thing I notice. There is some anise and ginger in the top but they only last a few hours to my nose, or maybe I just adapt faster than most.

I love skin scents for their subtle artistry and the fact that they are suitable for any occasion, and Must de Cartier PH is one of my favorites. (I just hope I don't smell like a spice bomb to everyone else when I think they can barely smell anything without burying their nose in my chest!)

I have yet to find a skin scent that smells like a baby. If anyone knows of one let me know!

gabriel.vazquez.3597
gabriel.vazquez.3597

I just bought this one today at a Perfume wholesaler and I am over the moon. Cartier is such a class act, they really don't put out any rubbish perfumes, they're all well thought out, expertly blended, and smell beautiful. This particular scent is both sweet and spicy and very creamy with a perfect dollop of Vanilla. It is the kind of cologne that may embarrass you because someone will catch you inhaling deeply from your wrist.

williamvargas
williamvargas

when I first tried this it was more of a like..i thought smells pretty good, but I was not wowed by it, but slowly it has moved up to the love category for me . I always get compliments when I wear it. it is a very pleasing scent that grows on you, it is definitely worth sniffing out. sometimes it takes time to warm up to a fragrance and that truly is the case with me on this one. nice stuff..i could see this working well in a formal setting but also not too bad in the office as well if you do not over apply
I tried it because Katie puckrick said it smelled sexy on her fume finder page. glad I did.

VanAllan
VanAllan

One of the reasons I didn't tried before this beauty is Must de Cartier pour Femme which my wife got as present and we both hated it, until it 'walked' away to her sister.
Yesterday I've come across in local Sephora over a lost-on-the-rack tester of this (along with only one very expensive bottle) and gave it a try...Ohh my!... what an alluring and elegant smell!. Smooth cinnamon over an oily barbershop vibe (I think anise, olive leaf, cinnamon and ginger are masterfully blended in top-middle notes) lending to a not-so-sweet woody-oriental base ('dirty' Cartier's signature patchouli, musk, tonka, little vetiver, creamy sandalwood) which I liked so much.
Rather average projection but pretty long-lasting and one of the best classic orientals drydowns in my book. Needless to say I hunted a big bottle online which will be a staple in my wardrobe. My rank 9.2/10 ☣☣☣☣☣. Highly recommended.

Cassiano
Cassiano

Cartier is always working with perfection in their fragrances. Once again, they have achieved the task with a lot of success!

Although classified as oriental spicy fragrance, I prefer say that it is a floral-vanilla scent for men. At least, this is the response on my skin!
I could say more: it is a completely shareable fragrance, with a hint of the female floral fragrances from the 80’s, embellished by the carnation and the anise flower without lose, however, its masculinity.

I have read lots of comments about the presence of cinnamon but I, as a lover of this note, I don’t think that it has this power. Also, I can’t feel the citric notes. What I feel is the coriander, the olive leaf presence and plenty of its base: sandalwood, patchouli, cedar, etc., along with the beautiful vanilla that, I must say, it reminds me of Pour Un Homme de Caron’s base.

So, Must it is a delicious and pleasant fragrance, especially, for those who love vanilla. It projects and lasts for a long time.
As it said in English: a MUST have!

rockets
rockets

Interesting and intriguing scent, woody amber and sweet balsamic, recalls in some ways Bvlgari pour blue homme.Cartier is warmer and straightforward.
A good buy for the winter and compliments are so many, in Antarctica you risk being chased by penguins.

Kharnak
Kharnak

Anisic Cinnamon, turns softer like a powdery musky cinnamon bun as it dries.
Has this milky coconut vibe the whole way down, like sunscreen lotion. Reminds me of Marc Jacobs. Minty Shaving cream like.

Cartier always has these strange takes on mustiness, with Roadster's Mint, and Declaration's lemon pie. This is a musky coconut cinnamon bun. Animalic at the very end, once it settles. Not too strong, but Good high quality cinnamon Vanilla musk. It is quite delicious but not in your face loud.
Lasts VERY long, but the sillage is very close. This is something people will only smell when very near you.

Endymion
Endymion

I have terrible news :(
This amazing fragrance is no longer produced by Cartier!
(along with Pantere and Le basier du dragon, Must II, So pretty)
People are crazy, really crazy! :(((

purplesun
purplesun

The first thing I think when spraying this one is "anise" :). Other than that, this one is what it name says - a must. Great oriental by any standard, with many deliciously rendered notes. It is not overpowering and would make a great everyday scent for fall/winter. It gets regularly discounted, so it can be had for a reasonable sum of money, which makes it an excellent value for money.
The main issue I have with Must for men is that it is not original. It is very well made, but it does not break any new ground. Cartier is not a house that makes landmark fragrances, even their power scents, like Must pour femme and Santos, are rather tame compared to many other 80s fragrances. They are not made to make you stand out, but rather to make a good impression in a discreet way. So, if you would like to have an original fragrance, one that everyone is talking about, and not just a very well made scent, you should try some other perfume house. I would personally try YSL, Guerlain, Gucci (now defunct), Caron etc.

ricardodt
ricardodt

The MUST have!

MonarC
MonarC

No words can desribe how much I love this scent. It's amazing, soapy, clean and original frag. I feel like in heaven everytime I'm wearing that. I totally obsessed with main anis tone, which drives me crazy.

Chanel Man
Chanel Man

Must de Cartier is a masterpiece of cinnamon.

Scentrist
Scentrist

This is one of those very classic, oriental/spice Cartier scents that is a very safe bet for men, provided that you can handle the anise/coriander/ginger blast within. It's not overdone or offensive, but well-balanced against the other notes and nonetheless a signature. Once you're past that, it becomes a very powdery-soft composition.

I'd easily say this is geared toward a male in his early 30's onward who feels comfortable with a more subdued statement in his wardrobe and isn't seeking citrusy sharpness or to be noticed for the wrong reasons. This will get the wearer noticed in a more positive light.

That said, this is a fragrance that hasn't been getting a lot of love from me recently and I tend to find that it's one that I'll pass on in favor of other choices. While very good, it also isn't my first preference for something to wear that day.

bp
bp

This scent is perfect. Simply perfect.
Although I'm not very familiar with their longevity or projection, I can ensure that in the level of smell this perfume is excellent. Very good indeed.
I love this one.

Cartier is EXCELLENT.

oxm
oxm

Must de Cartier pour Homme is a woody spicy fragrance, at first glance might remind Bvlgari pour homme blue (ginger is a known tremendously fantastic), but this perfume is also laden with floral notes that elude very imaginative and reappear in the bottom of overwhelming vanilla and earthy vetiver, warm fragrance is a mysterious and perhaps a little redundant, but a certain effect.
I think it might be his best season in the autumn when the first cold with the scent of this fragrance will capture and enrapture our senses.
Cartier creates masterpieces as always ...

Oslo-fjord
Oslo-fjord

Glamorous! Pure class in a bottle. Sophistcated, stylish, luxurious and elegant. A perfect attachment with a suit + tie for formal occasions, or as an evening scent for going out. A very unique and original scent. It can`t be praised high enough. I haven`t tried the essence version yet, but I will as soon as possible.

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

Like every Cartier, refined and elegant! A touch of classic fragrance with a oriental vibe, anise, mandarin, olive leaf (intense), cinnamon with a background by the patchouli, tonka and vanilla, this mix, turns into a coconut smell in the drydown, very nice! Projection good, longevity about 8h on my skin. U really must have this one!

freddiefingers
freddiefingers

am surprised this is exclusively for men.the smell and even bottle shape dont help either.it should be unisex.my fear is one may be tempted to overspray which will am sure lead to headaches.it's soft but at the same time strong-if that's possible.lasts for a long time.I got it based on reviews but on application I can say am not blown away.If you do get glances in your direction when you wear this it might be people thinking you put on your lady's perfume so beware where you wear it to.lol.It's an ok scent.nothing smashing for me.will keep and use when I get bored with others.

RhysP
RhysP

Bought this today. Basically used this website to whittle down what I would probably like, it came down to Estee Lauder Pleasures For Men, and this.

Sprayed a bit of each on opposite wrists. Both were up my street and I would have bought either; though being thirsty went off for a cup of tea and a cigarette.

Took my sweet time with my tea; in fact went back for more. Why did I buy this? Staying power. After an hour and a half this was still smelling sweet on me, Lauder had faded and died a silent death after 30 minutes (and thats before I had even had a smoke).

Basically this is a lovely scent; I love it, Im 25, it smells great on me. Its not overpowering; yes it lasts for hours but its not blowing your nasal passages apart like some long lasting fragrances like Paco Rabanne's 1 Million For Men - which Ill admit Im not a fan of.

But this; its awesome; go try it.

marioslg
marioslg

An interesting perfume that I liked from the first sniff. I was going for Roadster but the last minute, change my mind and got the must. I didn't regret, i like it very much but I'm a bit concerned about the hours it last....it is not a strong perfume and I would prefer the same one but stronger.

vdxl
vdxl

Lovely fresh -green-oriental fragrance. It smells at first like a pen and it is harsh, but after a short time it is great: green, without being like a room cleaner, sweet, elegant and long lasting, even though in colder weather this is barely noticeable. Essence is stronger, but however it is softer and I consider it a different scent.

andrew85
andrew85

a trully elegant and sofisticade fragrance.. this masterpiece talks about class and elegance.... a must have.. i love this masterpiece from Cartier.. UNIQUE..

geroniz
geroniz

I don't know why i bought this one!!! And i used it only several times then i gave it to a friend of mine. Always every single time he gives me headache.
My friend tells me that he likes this scent, but for me it is a terrible choice.

Robert White
Robert White

I've always had a soft spot for this one. I used to work for a buddy in NYC who is a diamond setter/jeweler in the Diamond District, doing general personal assistant type work, and one of the tasks was running around the corner to Saks to pick this one up. It's pleasant but not really groundbreaking and would make a safe gift for a guy who likes fragrances but isn't a true prfume freak. I'll always associate it with massive drug abuse since we spent as much time getting high in the office as we did playing with diamonds. Imagine how nervewracking it is crawling around on the floor on your hands and knees trying to find a $75,000 diamond that has sprung out of its setting while wasted on the finest prescription opiates money can buy. No wonder there's so much drug abuse on that street...boy, do I have stories...

master_Shaiki
master_Shaiki

very strong smell for days

Stefan
Stefan

Too much cinnamon. I couldn't get the top notes at all or any other for that matter. My mind was stuck on cinnamon and that's all I found. If you like cinnamon maybe you'll dig this one, if you can smell the other notes.

shamus1
shamus1

Must is a good but overrated fragrance. I've read reviews describing Must as "animalic", "sweaty" and "spicy", and in fact it was these reviews that enticed me to buy a bottle. What you get, however, is a sweet, fruity, somewhat dull and very conventional oriental fragrance. I've smelled countless other femininine and men's perfumes that smell a lot like this. Yes, there is a little bit of a "dirty" or "animalic" note in Must, but it is very subtle and way in the background, almost unnoticeable, and can only be detected for the first hour after application. Thereafter, Must smells like an inoffensive and rather boring fruity oriental. To call Must a "spicy" oriental is simply wrong - there's nothing spicy at all about this. If you want a good spicy men's oriental, go for Gucci Envy or Creed's Bois du Portugal. If you're looking for a truly "sweaty" or "dirty" masculine fragrance, go for Yatagan or Kouros.

vertigo
vertigo

Alluring with its gentleness and warmth.

For men who like pleasures, but not necessarily look for them in fights and constant competition.

cmaher
cmaher

This cologne initially appealed to me because of both its spicy middle and the vanilla in the base. The top of bergamot, mandarin and grapefruit fade nicely. The layering on this cologne is apparent. It smells complex. While this cologne smells very good on me--I have received several compliments--I don't think it lasts well. I've taken to using several (5) sprays rather than a few (3), which would be adequate with other colognes I prefer (such as Polo and Burberry London).

Must de Cartier Pour Homme by Cartier 4.00 out of 5 based on 250 ratings and 40 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Cartier Must de Cartier Pour Homme fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Cartier Must de Cartier Pour Homme, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Must de Cartier Pour Homme by Cartier. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Must de Cartier Pour Homme by Cartier represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.