Designers » C » Oriental Floral « Groups

Panthere Cartier for women

Panthere Cartier for women
dislike

Panthere Cartier for women Pictures Panthere Cartier for women Pictures Panthere Cartier for women Pictures Panthere Cartier for women Pictures Panthere Cartier for women Pictures Panthere Cartier for women Pictures Panthere Cartier for women Pictures Panthere Cartier for women Pictures

The magical and sensible classical women perfume Panthere is maybe a bit old-fashioned, but still it is luxurious and unique. The woman who chooses it will get gentleness and warmth. In the top notes there is a citrus freshness of tangerine and grapefruit spiced with pepper and thin spicy note of ginger together with incense and rose. The heart bloomed with the abundance of exotic flower (jasmine, gardenia, tuberose, freesia, orris, narcissus and ylang-ylang) in which woodsy notes of vetiver and spicy note of nutmeg are meddled in. In the base there are oak moss, bean Tonka, patchouli, sandal, civet, musk, amber, vanilla and cedar. The perfume was made by Alberto Morillas in 1986.

Labdanum Ginger Orange Blossom Mandarin Orange Pepper Grapefruit Rose

Nutmeg Carnation Tuberose iris Gardenia Freesia Jasmine Karo-Korund Vetiver Heliotrope Ylang-Ylang Narcissus

Sandalwood Tonka Bean Amber Patchouli Musk Civet Vanilla Oakmoss Incense Cedar

Regine's
C for Women
Gala

Panthere Fragrance Reviews

hedda201
hedda201

This is a beautiful perfume!
There is a note in there somewhere which is the most amazing scent, now i have to figure out which one it is, since this is sadly discontinued. Yum

futurehelen
futurehelen

This is for the vintage 'parfum' version, new old stock miniature.

Now Panthere. Whoa-dee-whoa. This one qualifies as a mode of transportation.

Ever see the movie Diva? The slick protagonist rolls around in this old style Nazi-commandeered Citroen that is all sweeps and bulges and curves. What Rolls rides like, this car looks like. And Panthere smells like.

This thing is moving like it's on hydraulics. And it's night.

The door opens and you get into the car. There's no driver but it drives. It picks up Desmond from Sunset Boulevard. It picks up (you choose which half) Black Dahlia. It picks up either Isabella Rossellini or Dennis Hopper huffing it (not both), and the car keeps on going through the night. The seats are blood red leather. The floor is lined with mink. You take off your shoes and dig your toes in the mink. You're drinking distilled green walnuts. Nocino. Or some serious smoked up whisky.

You realize this is the car version of No Exit. It keeps on going. I guess part of the spice is carnation. If someone was trying to kill you by soaking you in a vat of carnation. And you keep on going. Spicy, dark, but incredibly, weirdly elegant. Your invisible driver turns around and you see it is a large wasp. The city all around you is hexagonal made by bees. Fumes of wax and honey and wasps throttling bees to squeeze out the nectar within.

It's a long journey into the night. You love it. You don't ask. You don't ask where. You just listen to the rumble of the wheels, the venom in your head.

blackw0lfx
blackw0lfx

so im trying an edt from my moms closet. she got it at the store from the display, so it doent stand up and has tester on it. maybe my bottle is old because i sprayed myself 5 times and can hardly smell anything. at first i get tuberose and gardenia. then i get a watered down cat piss. then the carnation comes through. then it gets amazing with some nutmeg and tonka coming through. i maybe get a tiny bit of powdery jasmine. it really smells amazing, but i imagine the vintage edp would be too heavy and unfortunately the 1oz edt that i now have is going to last me like a week if i have to spray it 5 times just so i can smell it. it has a rich elegant quality.im really loving this. might be my favorite ive smelled so far.

Ahuntison
Ahuntison

My husband got this for me in the summer of 1993. We were married the following September . I loved it so much I only wore it on special occasions. At the time I didn't know that Cartier came out with perfumes regularly. A couple of years later, I went with my husband to get some cologne and we asked about Cartier. We found out they had a new fragrance and I loved that one too. My husband loved to smell good so you can image every few years I would get the latest Cartier.

My husband passed away a couple of years ago. I haven't been to the store to buy perfume in years. The other day I was out with my daughter. Like her father, she loves to smell good. We went into the perfume store. I was flooded with memories of my husband. As my daughter was checking out, I asked the salesperson if she had Cartier. Of course she did. Like Panther, the Baiser Voles is wonderful. I am so glad I was able to get the new Cartier.

To the men or women Cartier is a wonderful habit to have. If you haven't tried it before, you should.

sky74
sky74

What a shame it was discontinued! I smelled it years ago and I was amazed with the beautiful smell. It was so lovely, gentle, I still have a memory of this unique scent and I promissed myself to own it one day.
Well, I guess it won't happen.

tourmali45
tourmali45

Trying Panthere in a parfum vesion. It's viscous, dark and animalistic, made rich with bright note of brisk white flowers (gardenia is the most noticeable). A beautiful big cat this Panthere is, not dirty, but lithe and gracious.

h de renalde
h de renalde

A perfume which evokes contradictory thoughts and feelings in me. Cool and warm, mysterious but confident, present and intangible...
I am so fond of classics; shouldn't there be a way by law to forbid their discontinuance...?

BikiniBabe
BikiniBabe

A blast from the past! This "kitty" had 80's written all over it =)

Beautiful bottles and an even more stunning perfume inside. Very elegant, flowery, sweet, warm vanilla and almost an illusive fragrance that just trailed behind you....ready to pounce =)

Excellent staying power!

antfarm
antfarm

EDP: I think I must be missing something. When I sniffed this in the sample vial I couldn't detect hardly any fragrance at all.

Then when I applied this, it began as a slightly unpleasant powerful and rubbery tuberose. After fifteen minutes it morphed into a duller, less effusive cousin of Dior Poison.

Nothing animalic or panthery about it. Maybe I should try the parfum.

suhaesa

ok this review is about panthere de cartier parfum de toilete 75 ml long bottle in red and gold vintage from 80ies the vaporizer natural spray one..
simply..heavenly.. almost intoxicating.. its almost an ethnic perfume.. like those my grandma used to make with all natural ingredients.. maybe the civet.. the mysterious accords.. the depth of the patchouli.. amber.. vanilla.. tonka bean.. but they all play together in amazing harmony..it turns powdery.. balmy.. almost sweet.. its something you almost want to drink.. like dry gin.. although i have never drank it.. but i would assume it wold taste like rum..
its what a woman should really smell like.. in the past..and in the future.. and in a million years to come.. its the epitaph of femininity.. and true strength of a women that lies in her .. so many are afraid to face or show now a days..its a smart perfume..mde for special smart confident lovely women all over the world.. lovely combination of complex yet mesmerising accords..just like us !
it changes and develops.. and dries down.. and become one with you ..and you become mesmerized within its depth.. and eternal beauty..its truelly one of a kind .. a perfume made with love.. pride.. and passion..for a passionate being.. who celebrates every moment of life..for its a true celebration of all the senses and notes.. and accords.. from all over the world.. i feel its such an intense..profound.. immense.. yet logical.. compassionate.. perfume.. that could be worn by all human beings.. from all over the world ..from all diverse ethnic backgrounds.. by princess and queens.. lovers and peasants.. beggars and killers.. wanderers.. and truth seekers.. it will still be loved and appreciated. by all nations.. for its an ultimatum in the perfume world.. it by pasts all restrictions.. and reservations.. and surpassed all cultural differences..you can call it a universal masterpiece..!

perfume ratting 4.8 out 5
bottle ratting 4.4 out 5
parfume de toillet 75 ml vintage
my personal liking scale 4.8 out 5

suhaesa

ok i have 2 one says panthere de cartier in the old blue and Crystal bottle with 2 panthers on each side and i have a red and golden long one that says parfum de toillet panthere de cartier..
i will start with the one i love.. i had it around 1992.. it s an edt panthere de cartier.. almost round with 2 blue panthers holding the bottle..ahhhhh i just sprayed and i just cant breath or talk but i am trying to type.. for its such an intense.. wonderful..mesmerising.. tantalizing.. perfume.. its so gorgeous..its alot french with a bit of the orient and mystery of the entire globe within its heart and soul.. so full of amazing complex notes.. from woods.. to ambers ..to flowers.. to musks.. to all of gods gifts to humanity.. i think this is what a real perfume should really smell like.. it takes me back to caron and rochas..to the.natural era of french perfumery..to the romantic era pf perfumery.. to true femininity..
the base notes are endless.. with all the tonka bean the patchouli.. the civet.. vanilla ..amber.. oak mos.. and the top notes make it oh so fresh with the bursting tangerine and grapefrute that you can hardly smell yet they just awaken your senses ..and the heavenly middle notes of all the garden of eve florals..its a perfect medley of accords ..that all sing together in perfect harmony as if they were a match made in heaven ..
its a true master piece in perfumery.. especailly in the last 20 years.. yes its old school.. but its a real perfumers perfume ..that must be examined by all perfume lovers..
its sensual.. elegant.. sophisticated.. clean almost invigorating..true to its essence..its classy and i hope that the new formulas are almost the same..its one of those perfumes that never go bad ..they only keep getting better with time .also its a classic you can ware it this year and 100 years from now and it will still be in just like coco Chanel s little black dress or the 2.55 bag..it smells divine..heavenly and it has such an immense effect on all those who smell it on you .. you will surly be remembered with ow and respect.. and it will also be imprinted in your heart and mind as one of the most special perfumes of all time..

perfume ratting 4.9 out 5
bottle ratting 4.8 out 5
edt 50 ml vaporisateur natural spray refilable
my personal liking rating 4.8 out 5

PlunketNurse
PlunketNurse

I own the Vintage Edt ,and Vintage Pure Parfum and let this be a warning: DO NOT OVERDO THE PARFUM, it is ridiculously strong. it is not a parfum by todays standard, half a spray and this is emanating VERY VERY STRONGLY. Dominant notes of animalic tuberoses, and the orange blossom add the headiness to the bouquet, Heavily spiced with nutmeg. The thing about this composition is it s very 80s but you can distinguish every single note clearly with the gardenia and Ylang ylang and jasmine. Beautiful indeed but not an everyday occasion, half a spritz has left me afraid, cautious, and yes it is very reminiscent of Poison's tuberose. So this without a doubt a black tie event. Now for the Vintage Edt, simply the most wonderful florals i ve had the pleasure to come across. it is well balanced fresh(not in the minty cool way a-la-sports fragrance), wild, and very realistic, with more emphasis on the carnations, jasmine and Orange Blossom, i will treasure my priceless bottle for many years too come.

I swap decants worldwide :)

Croneangel
Croneangel

Having read all the wonderful reviews here, I'll keep mine short. Its for the modern EDP.
A grand symphony of notes, expertly composed, finely executed. A truly beautiful fragrance! The dry down is absolutely DIVINE!!!
This is what a woman's fragrance SHOULD smell like!
This is a fragrance that assists you in being in touch with your true feminine Self... If you dare.
And to think the ladies here that are versed in vintage fragrances are saying how the original version is even more wonderful! Oh my!

paleface
paleface

This review is of a vintage parfum de toilette in a magnificent bottle with panthers on sides.

Panthere really has a wow-factor in it. Sweet, strong, complex, ever changing, multi-faceted and sophisticated with a lot of refined nuances (hmmm...did I forget any adjective of this long list? ;-) But it is true: this is one of the most complicated fragrances I have ever tested.

And yet it succeeds to maintain balance and harmony from the very start to the remote end and the way between... No bad spots here, no insignificant stages.

This is an opulent, luxurious creation, heavy in a most beautiful manner. Old-fashioned like the bottle itself - and this is purely an admiring, respective comment. I don't long for those "old days", but surely one can appreciate this kind of detailed and thorough craftsmanship, which caters both outside and inside of the bottle.

Not for every day, not for every occasion. But there are moments when Panthere is just the right choice to enjoy.

fanny
fanny

Time to dress up and sail off to the opera. No other perfume will do on a Grand Night Out.
Whoever decided to discontinue this Queen of all perfumes, must have had a lousy reason for doing so (a very undignified work in relation to Prominent Perfumes..)
All we can do is treasure our last bottles and keep searching the net for more.

stormyla
stormyla

For some reason this is the only Cartier fragrance that I've tried that does not smell good on me. I've worn three of their others for over 25 years, but this one sours on me within an hour of wearing. Four out of seven days a week I usually wear a Cartier fragrance, just not this one.

Sissi
Sissi

The Smell of Money I whould Describe Panthere, It's
rich full bodied and Animalistic, Panthere, as with Opium, Coco,
Obsession,Cinnabar & Knowing, has a Rightfull place in the Powerhouse Sisterhood of Big Orientals, Unlike Opium Or Obsession, Panthere
Uses her Subtil nuances and Sharp Wit to claw her way to the Social
Ladder Then Aggressive uses of Spices and Incense, Sweet on the
Outside the B*&$ On the Inside

The Notes of Panthere is Complex as the Perfume it's self
On the Veneer Is the note of Warm Amber Juxposes with Golden
Floral Motif of Narcissus and Orange Hues of Karo,

We Enter The Unhibated side of Panthere with Civet Brings a Primal
Touch the florals seems to be overshadowed by the domineering
notes of Amber & Civet so it's very hard to notice,

What is permitted me to Love this Two faced Beauty?
The Answer The Pervasive Sweetness Of Amber which to my Skin
applys like a coat of Syrup Cloyish Promising but it falls
short.

stelladoro
stelladoro

I didn't know Panthere had been discontinued or reformulated. What a disappointment. I have the original large glass flacon with the lions on the sides and the panther on the stopper (before the atomizer goes in). A masterpiece of the perfumer's art, it's immense, complex, tantalizing, beguiling, unforgettable. I save it for special occasions - men are mesmerized by it. To me, comparing most of today's niche and designer fragrances to those of the 20th century is like comparing a cartoon to an Ingres painting. Ah well, different times, different tastes.

A gorgeous combination of candy and French Perfume; Sweet, soft citrus and tuberose/gardenia with a golden oriental base. Complex, soft, feminine and just lovely. Really liking this one. Ends a bit powdery, but still a great ride.

daisymargueritte
daisymargueritte

Here I am, happy owner of a vintage Panthere, in the old diamond-shaped bottle with two polished glass panthers on the sides. Let’s see, it’s super heavy, and it’s presented in the red jewellery box of Cartier. First whiff and… phew ! Ecstatic pleasure threw me into the sixth dimension of pure stratospheric happiness! This is several classes above any fragrance I’ve known! Longevity, let’s see. The bottle must be twenty years old, so for the age it’s amazing. And in the absolute longevity is very good, it’s just that I want it to last forever. This perfume makes me want to forget all the others. And btw reconciles me with Alberto Morillas.

Another great classic gone...
It must be something with real good sandalwood endagered or being too expensive, because most of great perfumes with sandalwood base have disappeared or sadly re-formulated. I wonder if Cartier discontinued both Panthere and my lovely So Pretty for this reason. I don't think they were just not selling enough!
I still own a sample from back in time and it smells gorgeous! White thick flowers with a luscious luminous never heavy nor stiff woody bottom note impossible to find in mainstream perfumes nowadays.
The scent is extremely complex and multi-nuanced sothat you keep enjoying it while wearing it for your own pleasure not just to please crowds.
It's not a scent you get bored in 1 hour and want to scrub off to wear something else.

kimberlylizkennedy
kimberlylizkennedy

Does anyone know why Cartier stopped making this fragrance and if there is a similar fragrance comparable to this one that is on the market? Thank you!

olga1780
olga1780

This perfume is right up my alley: heavy, complex, sexy, sophisticated.
I find Panthere very multi-dimentional because it seems like it is comprised of my favourite fragrances: I can catch whiffs of Cassini Black Tie, Le Baisier du Dragon, Youth Dew, Sonia Rykiel Le Parfum....an absolutely beautiful all-in-one.
But at the same time Panther hold a firm ground on its own with its unique personality.
Gorgeous fragrance suitable for a Queen or Goddess.

10. august. 2011

Try it in a rainy weather, you´ll be charmed with this sweet magic potion! It is simply incredible and so complex that it developes for hours and keeps me surprising and asking myself: my, what smells so good here! Oh, it´s me! Powerful, sweet, oriental, a bit smoky, AMAZING in one word! (this was a review for a vintage Parfum de toilette).

UPDATE (16.10.2011): I am simply in love with this dark and mysterioiu fragrance. This one has an amazing staying power for days!!! literally!!! Turned to be my favorite fragrance for autumn period now! Just don´t overspray it, it may give you a serious headache otherwise! love, love, love!!! stunningly perfect, i can´t believe it has been discontinued. With "poison" being reformulated and "Panther" being discontinued i jsut don´t know what to do when i will run out of it. This one is unreplaceble, unique and outstanding.

piscianna34
piscianna34

I have a sample of Panthere when experimenting with the skin came the memory of Poison and Boucheron. Of the three Boucheron and the best

Angelfreak4
Angelfreak4

This fragrance is elegant, classy, very long-lasting, and the queen of orientals. Oh!! The bottle is gorgeous!!! As soon as fall arrives, on comes this fragrance!!!

19. may 2011

I have a vintage version of pure parfum 30ml bottle and also a vintage parfum de toilette 75 ml bottle of this discontinued treasure. I haven´t tried a newer version in EDT and EDP of "Panthere" so my review is for vintage only by far.

I don´t see this as oriental fragrance, this is quite sweet and rich. To me this is a typical rich-bitch perfume. Very complex and sophisticated, but not in any way simple. Also not in any way i would palce it in a category for mature/old women (though when i wear it i hear comments about smelling like an old lady). The category for this one is feminine and classy women. I would highly recommend to wear this with fabrics like velvet or lace (but i really enjoy it while wearing something casual as well). Why? because it is agressive and powerful and also quite soft like a kitten. At first i thought that the name for it is not propriate, but later i realized just like panther it can be either cuddling or agressive, depends on the wearer type. I really like how tuberose is combined here with other florals (carnation in particular) without being smelling too floral. The drydown has a strong sandalwood note, which i really like.
A really powerful fragrance with a great lasting power. And like other Cartier fragrances it has really nice packaging and amazing bottle. The new version is very simplified, but the vintage bottles are even more beautiful!

ReinaT
ReinaT

Although this perfume is apparently not considered a oriental, maybe because of the vetiver? Not because of the civet, it does remind me of a high oriental bouquet. It is truly a magical perfume! For me, it starts out strong (like a panthere, maybe?) but the drydown softens to a sweet kitten and when that happens, for me, if I accidentally over-apply, the headache/sickness usually goes away. I love this very original, beautiful perfume, but it is strong, and like much of what Cartier makes you do not need to use a lot of it, if I don't use it sparingly it can make me sick. That is true for Must too, and of course I love that perfume as well. I think Panthere is a very sophisicated feminine strong floral fragrance. I do not think that it is soft at all. On me, it is very strong. I remember when I first used it I had a hard time getting used to it, but I still loved it! It is sexy, chic and smells expensive (which, of course, it is). I love the original double black cat bottle, but the newer bottle is very pretty too, always a plus for us perfume lovers. This perfume is definitely for an older or at least sophisticated woman, it gives off an elegance and refinement that only the best perfumes can give, so not everyone can carry it off. I do receive compliments on it when I wear it.

Whenever I smell Panthere de Cartier, I think chandeliers, red velvet sofas, expensive champagne and exquisite evening gowns. This fragrance seems to be the perfect example of class and distinction.

While the opening of Panthere is rather alchoholic, what dries on the skin is absolutely beautiful. This fragrance is the perfect blend of rich florals, exotic spices and bright, cheerful citrus, which gives this fragrance a golden-like feel.

It's a very confident fragrance. Bold, rich and reminiscent of those typical powerhouse 80's fragrances. Panthere is a little similar to Boucheron, Annick Goutal's Passion and Dior's Poison. On the skin, Panthere is incredibly elegant and feminine, however it's not a fragrance for young girls.

I love these kinds of strong scents, however whenever I wear them colleagues of mine, who are less understanding of perfume, will comment that I smell old, half wondering why I don't wish to smell of Paris Hilton and the likes. Well, if Panthere is what old smells like, then I'm eagerly awaiting my 50th birthday.

Despite this fragrance's complexity, Panthere has quite dominant hints of lemon, pepper, ginger, carnation, gardenia, ylang ylang, patchouli, vanilla and incense. In terms of the hard-to-come-by EDP, the lasting power is incredible and its projection equally as impressive.

I do not hestitate to refer to Panthere as a classic, one that has stood the test of time alonsgide Chanel, Dior and Guerlain. Cartier is a house that I greatly respect and one that has released many exquisite and lovable fragrances.

jujy54

Update: I purchased the parfum; it is much less bright than the EDP which my daughter had bought me, and—inset harrumph here—the label was crooked! All that $$$ and you would think they could get the label straight. Anyway, the drydown is identical and the parfum really lasts all day. I miss that astringent sparkle that opens the EDP, so I'll have to buy it, too and layer. Best of both worlds.

Blimunda
Blimunda

I expected so much of it but got almost nothing...

It opens with wonderful soft and warm notes of nutmeg, almost yummy, then come the creamy white flowers and then... Well, that's it!?

Now the most tickling question to me is why is it called Panthere when it's not grown enough to be a kitten..

eJAZZY
eJAZZY

I identify this as soft, but lingering like the exotic creature it's named after. Leaving a trail of elegance and class, people are bound to follow. Intrigued by the ensemble of florals, and tweaked with citrus. This is quite a profound fragrance.

jujy54

My daughter bought this for me because it reminded her of how I smelled when I would come home from ym orchestra gig late at night and tiptoe into her room to give her a kiss. She called that smell "cold perfume" and told me she spent a lot of time looking for a fragrance that duplicated it. Funny thing is I don't really remember what I was wearing those days—possibly my late lamented discontinued Mollie Parnis—tho Panthere bears no resemblance. Scent and memory—is anything more alluring?

Anyway, i continue to wear Panthere, which reminds *me* of what I as a little girl thought of as "grown-up" perfume. I can't even break out the notes because for me to analyze it would be to give up the immediacy of how this lovely fragrance hits me.

iMaverick
iMaverick

Panthere--sleek, bold, beautiful! It reminds me a lot of Dior's Poison, which I'm quite sure was the answer of Cartier to secure an interest in this style of fragrance in the perfume world. Dior's Poison did hold a green woody nature about it, where Panthere makes no mistake that this is a carnal scent of desire and unabashed femininity with its musky and woody nuances. Alas Panthere has lost out on the race with Poison and has gone on the bargain basement closet, while Dior still carries a faithful clientele. Panthere is still beautiful, and what I love most about it is that there is nothing politically correct about it! YEAH!

nesca1502
nesca1502

My mom used to have this perfume when I was little, I loved the bottle with the panthers around it. I remember its elegant and classy fragrance, fits perfectly to older women and is very feminine too.

Halvah
Halvah

It's a real classic-style scent, although I can't like it on myself. The first impression was beautiful, but after the top notes give a way to the heart and base it becomes simply oldfashioned on my skin with no elegance nor comfort.....

I smelt Panthere in 1989. I actually believed it was much older, being such a classic. It's mesmering, floral and animalic, a real perfume, but it's too heavy and ladylike for me.

moonflower143
moonflower143

i had tested this fragrance and i immediately fell in love with it.its seductive and very sexy..very nice for evening out.i will definitely get this one. :-)

Garfield
Garfield

I love the vanilla in it. But I definitely prefer the first version of it, launched in 1986/1987 and unfortunately modified several years ago.

guest_MADONNATELLA
guest_MADONNATELLA

I love panthère. It's sneeky and sweet and yet shadowy. It hides itself behind
a little voice of violets but its anima-
listic power is overwhelming and it's
staying power correlates with that. It's
feminine, hookerlike, treacherous.
I love to ware it.
A Dutch male.

2007

Panthere by Cartier 4.12 out of 5 based on 252 ratings and 40 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Cartier Panthere fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Cartier Panthere, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Panthere by Cartier. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Panthere by Cartier represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.