Designers » C » Woody Aromatic « Groups

Roadster Sport Cartier for men

Roadster Sport Cartier for men
dislike

Successor of Roadster edition, sporty version Roadster Sport was presented in November 2009. The fragrance is composed of mandarin, bergamot, orange blossom, sage, rosemary, black pepper, patchouli and Guaiac wood. Available as 30, 50 and 100ml edt

African Orange flower Bergamot Mandarin Orange

Rosemary Sage

Patchouli Guaiac Wood Pepper

Roadster Sport Fragrance Reviews

Manny44
Manny44

This is gorgeous...just as beautiful as the original Roadster. Is there really no mint in this? What is that mentholated herbality...The rosemary and patchouli?..sage isn't mentholated...oh well.More natural smelling than 95% of Sport fragrances for half the money. My main problem with this is a lack of longevity.

Edit: Turns out Sage is in the Mint family..so maybe thats causing the effect.

donnie12
donnie12

i get here a fresh cut grass/leaves vibe with some mint. dries down to a soothing woody scent. i saw on youtube how this could be a longevity monster, the reviewer saying he could smell it 12-14 hours after application. lucky him. i couldn't get this to last more than 5 hours on my skin. the smell, however, is really unique. there is the evident richness and quality which the cartier name could be proud of.

mikedvd5588
mikedvd5588

Fresh fresh fresh nice summer scent... smell so unique and good longevity too..

Arthur Maia
Arthur Maia

First of all I'd like to say that on my skin it got a very good projection, and in my point of viewing there aren't so many fragrances that smells the same.
I see roadster sport as a polite fragrance, very good one for daily use, to go to the office or a date or when you do not want to get people bored on your aggressive fragrance projection. It smells very green and fresh. I see as everything on it were well dosed and architected.
If you want a fragrance that smells fresh, green but not citrusy as Dior Homme Sport or Guerlain Homme in example, you should try this one. Give it a chance and you will not regret. Trust me, I did and now it's one of my favorites.

deja vu-gr
deja vu-gr

This pefume did not stand out as something remerkable to me. It has the quality of Cartier products though but i think there are so many other frangrances out there with similar quality and aroma.I think sport editions are worse than original editions,so the same here and i consider that original roadster is by far better and has better longevity and projection as well.
Not for me again,next!

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

A casual, unusual frag which is close to skin and does not last too long...

I applied 6 heavy sprays

0 - 1.25 hours - 1.5 foot projection though it is quite timid. This feels related to Cartier Roadstar, but a lighter more subtle version. It borders on being a dated 90's barber shop frag, but a green loveable herbal twist balances it and makes it quite fresh, and I always go back to smelling my skin

1.25 hours - 2.25 hours - 3 inch projection

2.25 hours - 4 .5 hours - Close to skin. Such a shame as it is a lovely scent. Please release an intense/extreme version and I will purchase!

Lovely scent IMHO, though I think many may not like it as it is quite unusual,

Maybe not a safe blind buy

In terms of sport - this is more "so called" classy sport, perhaps squash in a posh country club, than your donwtown boxing club

I get little to no citrus in this

Marcos Oliveira

perfume bosque atraente,maduro e confortavel,cheira verde e com muita classe...um dos melhores aromas que já senti,para primavera e verão,no verão ele tem que reap´licar depois de 2 ou 3 horas,na primavera suporta muito bem umas 5 horas...sútil e com rastro leve,Cartier sabe fazer perfumes com fragancia elegante,Roadster Sport é mais fácil de usar que Roadster,não é parecido com Roadster.
Aroma/Fragancia : 10/10
Fixação/Longevidade : 6/10
Projeção/Silage : 7,5/10

firsttime
firsttime

Blind-buy because cheap price and without info of negative feedback.
This one is rich of Guaiac wood and Patchuli, that's so luxuly and stay strong. In my opp Roadster Sport done better in the hot rainy day (or after the rainfall) I can feel Patchuli and Rosemary breezy with cool rainy-wind (when im wrote this review the rain starting to fall haha)
I think this one is not too bad as other reviews, just nothing special. And remind me to Le Baiser du Dragon from the same house.

burgundyaltima
burgundyaltima

received a negative comment during top notes..walked past my 19 year old sister and she said i smell like some strong acne astringent ..lol i can kind of see that.. the patchouli takes over this fragrance..top notes kinda remind me of Victoria Secret very sexy for men (but in a bad way!)..TRY before committing to buy

aqua_de_la_vita
aqua_de_la_vita

I enjoy using this fragrance, the orange blossom and bergamot gives it a clean and fresh aroma. The base note of black pepper and patchouli gives it a touch of spice and sweetness to it with a woodsy base from Guaiac wood.
I prefer using it during the summer time as well during the daytime then evening. The longevity is well past 6 hour's which is hard to find in a summer fragrance.
Overall, I haven't seen a similar frag come out during the summer and this cologne isn't too sweet nor too citrusy either. It has a touch more of warm spicy aroma then most other summer cologne's. 8/10

kazewayz
kazewayz

To be honest I got good projection and longevity on this. Smells fresh, citrusy, green, I enjoyed it. Compliment getter, although not my favorite scent. Try it.

Jose Marcos
Jose Marcos

Projection seem to be an issue in some Cartiers, Roadster original and Les Eaux as well. so much that I really thought my Roadster was a fake, I couldn't beleive it could be so weak. Perhaps it meant to be like that because just as I thought it had all gone for good a little sweat/heat was enough to make it to come alive again. That's why I think of them as transparent scent, you don't notice, don't smell but it's there and perhaps that's where quality counts for it's been there all the time. Even with all these "problems" now that I've read some of the reviwe for the Sport version, I might as well get it. As I said before, besides all the issues I still love Cartiers scents.

carera
carera

ITS NICE FRESH THE ONLY PROBLEM IS PROJECTION IS WEAK THAT MEAN U NEED TO PUT MORE THANE ONCE SO U CAN SMEEL IT ON UR SELF .

voodoodanny
voodoodanny

I was sent a sample of this by a friend on the same day that I rediscovered my long lost bottle of Joop! What about Adam? and, bizarrely enough, I'd always said I'd never smelled anything like What About Adam... until now!

Foolhardily perhaps, I'm reviewing this very soon after spraying it so I can only really comment on the first impression that this scent creates. Despite not listing them among its notes, I detect the same grapefuity-tomato leaf accord that I find so prominent in WAA? but here, somehow, it is softened and enriched by herbs and wood with a touch of floral from the orange blossom perhaps?

It's nothing ground-breaking and it seems to be fading all too quickly into the heart/base of fresh, green patchouli. I'll happily wear this until my sample is spent but I won't be rushing out for the bottle.

Finisterle
Finisterle

Very weak but refined. Refreshing ? Maybe... but it's more soft and discrete than zingy, which it hardly is at all. Since Roadster Sport is as discrete as it gets you have to own plenty of stuff that actually smells something to like it.

Marcos Oliveira

fragancia verdeada e fresca...bosque meio floral, maravilhosamente produzida. pena nao fixar tanto e projetar perto da pele,mas é um digno Cartier. elegancia em um sport,só a Cartier pode fazer.

mn24viii
mn24viii

Mandarin orange instead of lemon, green vibe instead of aquatic blue. So this is not the typical sport scent. Different than the original Roadster (no mint, no vanilla), but there are also some similarities, mainly from the patchouli. Projection and longevity are below average. Bought it because i got it dirt cheap. 20€ for 50ml. I enjoy it, it's nice, refreshing, but wouldn't pay full price for it. But if you are a Cartier fan and you are looking for a spring, summer fragrance, give it a try.

Radiation
Radiation

Just got a bottle of this after taking home a sample. I gotta say I disagree with most here who say its a common scent. While some of the notes may be similar to other fragrances this one stands out to me as much more sophisticated in its subtlety. No screaming projection which I like. The citrus, wood, and pepper balance well with citrus being the most prominent. For me I would put the longevity of this scent at moderate to long lasting on my skin. The bottle is very nice looking as a bonus. Great stuff all around.

Osrockoo
Osrockoo

had a chance to get sniff at this one on a card for a friend and i thought it was dreamy and it had this beautiful waternote not listed, so i don't know what notes create this illusion myabe its a trade secret anyhow i loved this one ,its for men but i dont care, i personally found it more interesting than aqua di gio but thats just my taste it made me think of an ocean beach with a forest near by , its beautiful

GoodVibrations
GoodVibrations

This turned out really nicely. Of all the like-minded fresh citrus masculines, this one offers a more classic and satisfying cologne zest than many others at this price point. It stands its ground on individuality as it evolves. It turns into something that is neither the original Roadster nor a copy of some other scent labeled "Sport."

Dr.ivan.gutierrez.perio
Dr.ivan.gutierrez.perio

I Don't know why anyone else here hasnt put it out to light yet the close it gets to the Allure Homme Edition Blanche, not in the opening so if you sniff it at store youre not gonna get it it starts 30 to 45 min after it begins to dry down
i own the Edition Blanche and its very similar just starts different
allure is linear always with lemon creamy feel
roadster open with mint herbal or something green and then citrus lemony starts and keep going till the base
super duper

asmhfdbds
asmhfdbds

The fresh take on roadster.
While the original is more of a minty vanilla ambery vetiver scent , this is a little citrusy with " the mint ", the real naturel fresh crisp cooling appealing mint , not a dark one !!
I have really enjoyed the smell , it's very much easy to wear in spring and summer.
Longevity is below average with good projection.
Far better then the synthetic aquatic "sport" current vibe.

Deetron
Deetron

Cartier Roadster Sport is a beautiful and very well blended scent – it got very uplifting notes, that makes you feel really comfortable. It starts very fresh and pleasant with nice bunch of green notes. Exactly the start is my favorite part about that smell.
I was about to fall in love with Roadster Sport, when I realized it doesn’t stay long on my skin - maybe 3-4 hours and it’s gone! What a pity!
If Roadster Sport had better longevity and silage it would be definitely one of my all time favorite scents…

erapa
erapa

I love the spices in the fragrance. But I'm a little dissapointed with the fact it does'nt last that long.

aquila_2009
aquila_2009

Hi.

What a lovely refreshing fragrance. ROADSTER SPORT is a woody aromatic with subtle fruits for a modern masculine feel.it has more sophisticated, exciting,strong and above all better longevity than Versace Man Eau Fraiche for me.this CARTIER EDT is not as bitter as original version.

Sour,Juicy,Youngish,Aromatic,Cute,Citrusy,Refreshing and Harmonious. It has a nice strong scent in the opening due a stylish elegant blend of fresh and citrusy notes,a elegant middle notes and a comforting woody base notes for man who want that fresh feeling without smelling boring.

ROADSTER SPORT is not definitely for to wear to an event with a tie.it is great for the day to day situations,casual or active wear.the scent keeps calling you back for another sniff.if you are looking for a fresh and subtle scent for next summer this one just might perfect for you.

Sillage?Ok.

Longevity?About 5 hours on my skin.

7.5/10

murysusanto
murysusanto

This would otherwise be a classic citrus blast and it's true, after 10 minutes it dissapear and left with just a very light trace of wood. Perhaps this isn't for tropical humid country like what we have here. I wish something like this would last much longer but I guess the basic ingredients wouldn't react to tropical weather, what a pity!

I better stick to declaration, santos and must and for its price there's always better option out there so beware, some products are not for blind buy and far better if you try it on and at least for 2-3 hours on your skin before thinking of purchase.

Maybe the roadster black is better? who knows...anyway the original one is not my taste.

krazyfizzy
krazyfizzy

currently da best perfume in my collection.. lovely smell.. amazing notes..
i really like dis one.. starts wid a very juicy citrus fragnance n dry down is a warm refreshing n soothing note..
Two thumbs up for dis one.. ;)

I wouldn't call the scent bad but the whole "sport" market that everybody seems to capitalize on and they all seem generic. Starting with, in my opinion, the Dior Sport, Gucci Sport, and Chanel Allure Sport. They seem to do well. That isn't the case for this Cartier, Burberry, Lanvin, and perhaps Lacoste; Essential Sport in particular. They don't seem to be as successful. If the price isn't so expensive, I don't think people would be disappointed as much in all of these Not-So-Special "Sport" fragrances. I still would consider acquiring one when the price is right or just for the heck of it. Definitely not because it smells better than anything else out there.

carlosdavidz
carlosdavidz

I bought this fragrance yesterday and my opinion? Well the longevity in the skin is not as good as the other cartier fragrances (first), not special at all (second) and last althought I like the smell is not my favorite...

i used it...fragance is amazing...i really love 2 use it......

antonpan
antonpan

I can't agree with those said Roadster Sport has no common with the original Roadster. It has, but the character of Roadster here is conveyed by other notes - citruses. That's why Roadster Sport has become rather similar to classical colognes (AdP Colonia Assoluta, for example, etc). Unfortunately, longevity is poor.

I'm not a fan of Roadster, and I don't like Roadster Sport, but it is not so agressive, and more wearable to my opinion. It is sporty not in the "trendy" way of Dior Homme Sport/Azzaro Chrome Sport/ Burberry Sport, but in more traditional way.

Indro
Indro

Everything is fine with this cologne except perhaps the longivity,it lasts barely 2 hrs on me whereas original Roadster lasts the whole day,a bit disappointed but if u can use it like an after bath cologne during summer it would be quite ok.

CourtrightHer
CourtrightHer

Woody aromatic! Mandarin, bergamot, orange blossom, patchouli, oh my! Alas, a disappointment. Had all the right ingredients for me but it was not to be.
Don't spend the money. Not typical but not special. Too many better options out there to spend your $ on. Next!

Roadster Sport by Cartier 3.89 out of 5 based on 184 ratings and 33 user reviews

allbeauty.com
Cartier 'Roadster SPORT' Eau de Toilette Spray
Cartier 'Roadster SPORT' Eau de Toilette Spray
Roadster Sport Cologne by Cartier, 1 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Roadster Sport Cologne by Cartier, 1 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Cartier Roadster Sport fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Cartier Roadster Sport, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Roadster Sport by Cartier. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Roadster Sport by Cartier represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.