Designers » C » Oriental Woody « Groups

Santos de Cartier Cartier for men

Santos de Cartier Cartier for men
dislike

Santos de Cartier Cartier for men Pictures Santos de Cartier Cartier for men Pictures

Santos is the first fragrance for men by the jeweler house of Cartier. This is an elegant fragrance for colder weather or for evening. The base notes are galbanum, carnation, neroli, patchouli and sandalwood. The attractive packaging has the warm colour of dark amber that suggests the pleasures of Orient. The perfume was launched in 1981.

Lavender Juniper Berries Basil Lemon Verbena Bergamot

Rosemary Nutmeg Pepper Vetiver Geranium

Sandalwood Amber Patchouli Coconut Vanilla Cedar

Fendi Uomo
Van Cleef & Arpels pour Homme

Santos de Cartier Fragrance Reviews

ezequiel91
ezequiel91

Finally I was lucky enough to get a real vintage after shave,1992. My god what a beast of smell. It's the most crude odor you can get on fragrances. It's just a piece of a log laying in the forest, to knock down any animal or a barbarian that attacks you.... Even thougher than Yatagan, my holy grail. This is the scent that Superman wore??? Not sillage, but enough to enjoy it for your self. 10/10 for those who love make fragrances. Sweet, but never on the women side. Go for the vintage!!!!

Okay so I was REALLY late to the party on this one only by 30 odd years but I've finally tried Santos de Cartier.
I don't know why really? I think it's because despite being aware of their fragrance pedigree, I'd never really noticed Cartier fragrances in stores until the era of Roadster and the like.
What an interesting fragrance, many commenting about the reformulation. (which obviously I'm not aware of) Speaking objectively I think the new version is great and if it's a pale shadow of the original then it must've been something really special back in the day.
I got a peppery, lavender and coffee vibe from this fragrance sandalwood, cedar and vanilla are prominent and I even get a hint of coconut too.
I've not smelled anything like this before...truly unique but still has a dated feel possibly because of the geranium and carnation notes which were commonplace in many men's 70's 80's fragrances...I don't know?
I did get a fleeting resemblance to a couple of fragrances from perfumers I admire...just in mood rather than anything else, obviously Santos de Cartier predates them all by a long way.
Dior Eau Noire by Francis Kurkdjian (coffee/lavender) and Prada Luna Rossa extreme (pepper/amber/lavender) by Daniella Andrier.
Anyway, longevity is good not too heavy or invasive in projection terms I really like this fragrance a lot.

Cardenal Mendoza
Cardenal Mendoza

Santos de Cartier CONCENTREE (named in homage to the famous Brazilian Aviator, Alberto Santos Dumont) is a Masterclass in male perfumery; it's rich complexity is both beautiful and captivating through its multiple stages of evolution. It opens as a top-end Classic/powerhouse: sharp, clean, aromatic, herbal and overwhelmingly masculine; then takes the Oriental path with heavy spice, dark patchouli, woody resinous notes and a sensual, sexy smoky feel that is intoxicating and empowering (this gentle smoky feel remains throughout the scent life); then moving into Gourmand territory, it seduces with buttery syrupy amber (like CK Obsession but more classy and refined), with subtle undertones of almond cake, bitter caramel, dried fruit and vanilla pods; before finally settling into a gorgeously elegant, masculine, sensual Musk scent. This is a breath-taking, powerful and very sensual fragrance, a Masterpiece... the finest of the fine... Like a Rolls Royce automobile or a Cartier watch, this scent is in a class of its own... Perfection...

mossyoakpenn
mossyoakpenn

The following review is really for my notes only, its very brief and leaves out a ton of details. Im just typing something that I remember each by. Im sure I will disrespect someones favorite fragrance too.

Peppery floral with some CK Obsession amber mixing in later on. Very masculine. Very nice!

matty64
matty64

It's true, the reformulation is but a memory of the original from 1981. I remember smelling this in 1984, when the bottle came in a maroon colored leather pouch. Oh, I so miss the good old days. Could it be that 30 year's is but a fleeting moment? Yep.

samsara82
samsara82

Dear Readers,

This fragrance is seductive ,assertive and elegant with its aromatic mysterious chic male scent that's is so sexy without being all over you nose and creating headaches.

this is very good gentlemen's fragrance that I have admired on alot of men for years but a shamed that Santos by Cartier doesn't fancy me as much as I did him.

I tried over the years from teenage years to now, I was very hopeful me and Santos will work out but no, the chemistry of my body brought out the sweeter side of it that looking at Fragantica solved the mystery note, it was Coconut !

Yes a very suave scent of coconut ,it isn't bad at all smelled very suave and sweet but its not what I had in mind so I took the hint me and Santos will never be but I will always admire the scent on other men who can pull it off this very sophisticated male scent, MMmmmmMMm.

robespierre_1789
robespierre_1789

Dear citizens of Fragrantica,
A murder took place right under our noses: The mighty, the wonderful, the symbol of manhood and richness, the brave of the braves, the legendary Santos the Great has been killed. I found the killer - it has a name - GREED, a forename - CHARLATAN and also a nickname - REFORMULATION.
Dear citizens of Fragrantica,
Let's mourn like true men Santos the Great and say: May He rest in peace!

tgnetz
tgnetz

My grandmother gave me a bottle of this a couple years ago after my grandfather passed away. This was new in the box and appears to be an original formulation. The box was a nice red leather case with a felt-like lining where the bottle went.

I am a fan of many variety of scents, with a particular affinity for vintage and "classic" scents and found this one to be amazing. The top notes of juniper and basil are strong while the citrus ones seem to be secondary. This fragrance has a nice classic herbal aroma as it dries down and its woody, musky base lasts for hours.

I have not tried the newer formula of this and after experiencing the original would fear that it faces the fate of so many other fragrances that are a shadow of their former selves.

Bbjr
Bbjr

By a stroke of luck I found a vintage bottle of this today. It's really great stuff but it's almost identical to Caron L3. I almost can't believe the resemblance.

joao carlos
joao carlos

Perfume clássico. Mais elogiado que muitos perfumes modernos.Muito gostoso de usar.

Oslo-fjord

Make sure to get the Concentree version. It's great! -The regular? Not so great...

Finisterle
Finisterle

Anybody can swoon with delight over this ultimate 80s elegance. One spray and you are in the Concorde lounge. Wherever you are going, you are already half way to heaven.

But the Santos made today is not the Santos of when going was great. It is much flatter and lacks the full bodied elegance of the original. I think people have a right to know that this fragrance sadly lives in 2013, not in 1985.

It is possible that the new version will please you but you really should try it before you buy it. Especially if you are an older fellow who wants to come back to this fragrance.

Shoshi

I feel this is wearable for a woman. In fact, I'm a woman and I wear it!
Nice spicy scent with some mild sweetness.

eliweisz
eliweisz

Pleasures of Orient indeed! Opening is heavy and sweet: Earl Grey tea with molasses, hot maple syrup spiced with clove, plus some mysterious but unmistakably Oriental potion. In about 20 minutes its sweetness calms down and you are able to notice distinctive and very pleasant floral and woody notes. Drydown is endless and very unusual, oak, earth and herbs with a hint of freshly ground coffee. There is some sourness, too.
Great scent, remarkable longevity, extreme power and elegant balance. Old World grandeur at its best. Try it, you'll be surprised.

fan.of.devin
fan.of.devin

A weird combination of sweetness and offputting lavendar/pepper type notes. Didn't like this stuff very much.

arron97
arron97

lovely smelling men's fragrance but it's a real let down in longevity department.lasts about 1-2 hours on my skin.

this fragrance has a presence siuted to an argentine dictator. basically it's heavy and for a more major audience say 50+

jht4060
jht4060

Cartier Santos EDT is an excellent spicy herbal cologne from start to finish, perfect for cool weather. The sharp smoky galbanum and juniper top reminds me of a toned-down Ralph Lauren Polo, but later it diverges greatly. Where Polo stays dry and austere, Santos picks up warm pepper, nutmeg, and carnation notes in the heart, then finishes with off-dry patchouli, vanilla, and cedar with lingering spicy notes. Strength and longevity are excellent.

I have only the recent release in the dark grey bottle so I can't address reformulation directly, but I grow tired of old fans of a scent bashing "reformulations". A current customer isn't buying a memory from the 80s, they are buying a scent. The current Santos (2013) is classy, distinctive, lasts well, and just plain smells great.

ssg
ssg

Hello all - I have an 'new' vintage 100ml tester bottle of Santos dating from the 80s if anyone is interested in buying it from me? I've only had a couple of test squirts and the juice still smells good.

I'm unable to sell on ebay in the UK because of some stupid rule or other, so if anyone is interested in purchasing this vintage bottle (FAR superior to the current formulation) then please private message me.

Thanks :)

drakecito
drakecito

Hey boys, do talk about de old formulation, not yet ???

New formulatios is awful, last abou 20 mins and smell cheap.

Old formula: (with transparent and brown bottle)
Sillage: 9/10
Total: 9,6/10

New formula (with black bottle):
Sillage: 1/10
Overall: 2.3/10

Another cheaper reformulationa for a mass market house...

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

With Antaeus, another favorite scent. I used to wear this in the early 2000's. That is, the *vintage* Santos - a wonderful masculine fragrance of complexity and longevity, known for being unabashedly masculine. It was deep and complex back then, with spicy/woody/amber notes. When I sprayed it on from my sample I expected the recognition akin to re-meeting an old friend. But, uh-oh... it's been reformulated. And badly reformulated.

I could tell right away - I barely recognize it anymore. It went on fumey and feminine (a negative jolt) and dried down to a primarily soapy smell. The notes are all wrong and its legendary longevity is gone; it starts disappearing after an hour. They've ruined it! What a pity... like Quorum, another wonderful Eighties fragrance gone.

-----

Update : Turns out, there are two Santos scents for sale: a silver one and a gold (concentree) one. The gold one is more like the c. 1999 version I liked. It smells great! This is the stuff, all right. About as good as it ever was with good longevity and sillage. But... wearing it, I had forgotten how peppery it was. That seems to be the main note.

Will I be buying a new bottle of this? Probably not. The stuff smells good but I'm moving on to other scents and other types of scents.

jozemo
jozemo

In a world ...where most of todays scents are not original and smell generic and similar,here come the powerhouse of luxury scents,Santos seperate the men from the boys! Wear this juice in the fall and at night when on a date to get the full appreciation from a lady who enjoy a quality scent and not sensitive to any fragrances.

babak125

Vetiver,
Patchouli,
Geranium,
& Cedar
make it same as polo ralph lauren.
in fact there is only two perfume with all of this materials.doubt it?just test it.

AbBlue
AbBlue

As time passes, grows in me the idea that masculine and feminine are unnecessary things that can break the balance or ruin a good composition... Well, it doesn't apply to this one. Santos is a beautiful composition that happens to be very masculine. It's hard for me to write about all of those notes. Is not an orchestra hit, some notes sing solos, some others make chords. I specially enjoy sandalwood, coconut and patchouli. I find lavender too present, but love it that way. It's a long lasting good experience. On a second thought, it would be very nice on a woman, who says what is masculine, anyway?
***
Conforme pasa el tiempo, crece en mí la idea de que masculino y femenino son cosas innecesarias que pueden romper el balance o arruinar una buena composición... bien, eso no aplica para esta. Santos es una bella composición que resulta ser muy masculina. Me resulta difícil escribir sobre todas esas notas. No es un golpe de orquesta, algunas cantan solas y otras hacen acordes. Disfruto especialmente el sándalo, coco y pachulí. La lavanda me parece demasiado presente, pero me encanta de ese modo. Es una buena experiencia de larga duración. Pensándolo bien, sería agradable en una mujer, en todo caso, ¿quién dice qué es masculino?

Shoshi

I wear this one sometimes, and I'm a woman. The recently reformulated scent is a bit different, but I still like it. In fact, it may be easier to wear. To me this is a sweet, slightly spicy subtle scent good for work/daytime.

mmh6352
mmh6352

This is a transitional scent between Pasha and Declaration. Pasha is more woody and strong, Declaration is weaker and sweeter. This ones combines woody, smokey, herbal scents. Well balanced and gorgeous.

jgirgar
jgirgar

I guess, suffice to say, the early 80's is starting to become retro to me. This is a gorgeous fragrance! I think that some of these older fragrances don't inspire us to search them out as we've become more accustomed to new, niche perfume houses. Too bad because there's still some great gems out there...like this. Honestly, with a name like Cartier I think of arrogance & jewelry and it does not elicite me to sniff them out. Ironically, it captivated me. So today while out on my weekend hunt, my fragrance friend wanted me to try this and he insisted on spraying my arm. Moments later I was hooked! It's beautiful, masculine, and quite delicious...semi-sweet/woody. I wish I could drink this. Liquid gold. JG 051912

Rating: 9/10 for the Concentre and 10/10 for the EDT

preetmonger
preetmonger

I apparently have the reformulation, which I must admit is [very] substandard in terms of longevity. I love the elegance of Santos, but I am really set back by its lack of longevity. The juice itself is wonderful: full-bodied, well-blended and out of the bottle it smells like a real winner. However; it fades in record time, leaving a weak, powerless shadow of the initial blast and fading into obscurity after about 1-1/2 hours after the initial application. What a disappointment. I have tested this one with some of the best lay-noses that I know, and we have all come to the same conclusion. It smells superbly elegant for the first hour, but after that, it is soon forgotten. What a shame!

mrcontinental
mrcontinental

Enough already with the new stuff - I have gone back to my roots! You simply cannot go wrong with this. Classic, elegant, sophisticated, yet powerful, with sillage and projection that's incredible! This is the way a man is suppose to smell. This ain't no aquatic my friend, this is MOJO!

renperd
renperd

As a youngster in the 80s I got a wiff of Santos (regular edt) from a magazine strip and decided I'd get it one day "when I'm rich". Its smokey-spicy sweetness was the best thing I'd ever smelled and I appreciate its manly sophistication up to this day. Turin advises "if you like this stuff,get Yatagan". Sure, if you want a watered-down, cheapened, leathery version that projects two centimeters, with spotty longevity.

It's good to see so many guys on here appreciate this masterpiece!

The neroli isn't too sour, but this is a bit too sweet for me, sort of like a toned-down version of the original Leonard Pour Homme, but with a lot of sweetness added. Also, it seems quite spicy but no spice notes are listed above (it seems considerably more spicy than Leonard Pour Homme to me). What's funny to me is that all kinds of crude "men's" fragrances, such as A*Men, are said to be "acceptable," but this one is "too much." That's total cultural bias, IMO. If you like your sweetness with spice, carnation, sandalwood, etc., but not tar, mint, and chocolate, you are "out of touch" or an "old man?" Come on! The Estonian site has nutmeg and pepper listed (along with a bunch of other notes), and that makes sense to me. I want to like it but the sweetness really gets in the way of appreciating the other notes (such as rosemary, which I really like). I don't find this to be "smooth" at all, just to make that clear. Obviously, a sample first fragrance !

UPDATE: I just tried the concentrated version and I think it should be called something like Santos for Spring. It's milder, more complex, and has better balance. Perhaps the Santos I tried is vintage whereas this concentrated version was produced recently. Whatever the situation, I like this version but won't wear original Santos. If you like complex, dynamic yet balanced blends (with good note contrast too) that smell rich and natural, I suggest you try the concentrated one. Think 20% vintage Versace l'Homme, 30% vintage Leonard Pour Homme, 20% Monogram, 20% Patou Pour Homme, and 10% unique and you'll get a general idea. This one is a bit sweeter but certainly not cloying. Also, there's a decent sandalwood note that lasts a long time.

missan
missan

Vintage Santos
Elegant, smooth, exquisite. A masterpiece.

moimeme
moimeme

Although I use it very ocassionally and sparingly, IMO it is a very luxurius smelling fragrance, woodsy,sweet and warm, can be overpowering in warm days but quite elegant in winter, specially when celebrating in an outdoor location cause might feel a bit too much in a closed room and sometimes been told to cause a headache in scent-sensitive people.

Cassiano
Cassiano

I am completely in love...with a cologne!!
It’s been a while since I didn’t try a cologne, which brings me so much desire of buying it.
I have met Santos in an event, where a friend of mine was wearing it and I liked a lot.
One day, visiting his house, he gave me a sample of it.

Santos is an extremely classic, however modern cologne. At the moment I applied it, I thought: “another cousin of Azzaro”. But later, as time goes by, it started to create a creamy and vanilla yummy base, well blended with the coconut and the patchouli notes. Duly headed by herbal notes and a delicious lavender, Santos brought me the sensation of power and luxury that only a good cologne can bring to a man.

And the most intriguing is that it wasn’t become linear on my skin. As the hours passed by, more and more it exhaled and changed its nuances, according to the movements of my body.
The lasting is freaking huge!

A truly masterpiece by Cartier. I would risk say that Santos is an ideal jewel from Cartier to the men’s body!

Oslo-fjord

Pure elegance and luxury in a bottle. A timeless classic that never goes out of style. Go for the concentree!

Mansoor
Mansoor

My Father bought this for me in 1985 and he gave me this in 2005 one day before my wedding.
I wore this beautiful, elegant , and macular cologne on my special night. So this one has some special memories with me till end.

It is really the gr8 one by Cartier and I am wearing it on special occasions only and thinking of giving same to my kid on his day.

mehrdad
mehrdad

با سلام
از بهـترین کارهـای کارتیه که به نظر بنده کارتیه در اصل با وجود این کار مردانه در زمان خودش عرض اندام نموده و جزو بهـترین هـا و گرانترین عطرهـای زمان آغاز حضورش بود و هـنوز هـم جزو بهـترین هـا میباشد
گرم و شیرین
کلاسیک و شیک
مردانه و جذاب

با احترام
مهـرداد

Very good & very nice

istanblue
istanblue

just perfect. very masculine and sexy.

roberthoyle
roberthoyle

When I first caught a whiff of this, I rocked back on my feet, my eyes went glazed and I nearly fainted. I had smelled something crazy, wild, and unbridled; yet it is also so civilised, warm, and comforting. I cannot imagine the world without Santos de Cartier.

got this exact one for my partner...
A little of this will surely go a looonnnnggg way, it will last from the morning super yacht spin well past the high rollers casino night into the wee hours of waking in your manhatten penthouse! and the model you picked up last night sitting in the passenger side of your Lamborghini will remember the smell for the rest of her life.... dahahaha

khalid_shehab
khalid_shehab

You are right Aquila_2009,"This is the distinction between the men and the boys"

boyoyo
boyoyo

Santos Concentree is captivating,enticing,luxuriously rich and exquisite.It is a delightful
experience.
This is a cologne to wear if you want to leave a lasting impression on someone.They will not forget the memorable encounter.

luktung
luktung

I feel rich, when wearing it. Is like a precious Cartier jewel around your neck.

samihardanian
samihardanian

One of the best men perfumes for ever
+10/10
I have been wearing this fragrance since the 1990's. It is my signature scent.
5 stars...

K1
K1

Perfume of an overpower politician or top manager.
The best official from Cartier, it presents a kind of pure neat musky odor with something burning in the back; seems that it's a burning wood, specifically maple wood.

The scent id so charismatic and masculine, all serious and disciplined. So penetrating and attractive. The scent of who is a talented and mastered speaker or interviewer.
Seems has no expiration and limit, lives for ever and always on fashion. Although it's a warm perfume, performs perfectly in hot and tropical areas too.

longevity 10/10
sillage 9/10
scent 10/10

oxm
oxm

Santos Cartier is a fragrance of timeless, yet contemporary is a class of fragrance notes of velvety woods and spices.Describe is impossible, or close family member of Antaeus Polo Ralph Lauren but being the first perfume brand for men, a masterpiece was born: a few are able to compare, the fragrance gives a sense of luxury, the joy of living, making full use of both hands for remaining ecstatic delight.
It gives off heat by a single spray, enveloping and confortable.
Perfect.

scribs
scribs

i just got it today as a girft from my uncle...it smells like a millionaires signature scent, it exudes elegance and power, the smell projects so well, lasts long and (just to state the obvious) smells incredible... the bottle itself is made to look sleek and elegant and all around i would have to give this fragrance a 10 o.o 10 because i have yet to find fault with it

JohnMc
JohnMc

Suit & tie. Aspirational, luxurious, sophisticated and warm. Intense florals which soothe and entice rather than offend one's delicate sensibilities. For me, a classic daytime, formal and work fragrance that always elicits compliments and uplifts my mood.

diablochancho
diablochancho

creo que esta fragancia debe ser una de las más elegantes que he probado en mi existencia ....no es para cualquier ser humano esto huele a hombre multimillonario en su jet privado con hermosas mujeres junto a él...caviar, champagne francés y rolex.

elegantpasha
elegantpasha

I love this perfume, simply the best and most elegant scent in the world.
The scent of kings, sheiks,emirs,dandies,aristocrats,millionaires....
Simply love it, ELEGANCE AT ITS BEST....
This is the perfume that a millionaire that owns a mansion in Monaco,owns a yacht,wears a Santos de Cartier wrist watch and drives a Ferrari or a Lamborghini would use.....
My dad introduced me to this wonderful perfume back in the late 80s and early 90s, i was a little boy and i fell in love with Santos de Cartier,my dad used to buy the refills for the metal structure kind of thing,and i always asked him to spray some of that lovely perfume when i was a little kid, and today is my signature scent, and im not that old,hahaha im 26 xD

I love the smell of the 80's. Back then, scents were loud, in-your-face and unique. Santos de Cartier is the best example of a raw, edgy, incredibly masculine scent from that time period.

Compared to those more modern scents, some may think Santos de Cartier is too strong, too earthy and too different to be worn by anyone today. I tend to disagree.

This fragrance hits you like a surprise punch in the face. For the first few seconds, it's bitter, green and herbaceous. As it settles, it begins to smell somewhat leathery and sweet. I find Santos de Cartier a stronger version of Chanel Antaeus.

There is a definite hint of vanilla and incense, particularly in the drydown, that like Belle de Sud mentioned, can make this fragrance suitable for women to wear as well. Personally, I wouldn't feel ashamed to wear such a bold, manly scent like this one, and honestly, I'm fussy.

The rich, dark woodsiness of this fragrance is divine. In lots of ways I'd rather a man smell like Santos de Cartier than those non-descript citrus aromatics that tend to flood the male market these days.

The man that wears Santos de Cartier, is mature and sensible. Honestly, I can't imagine this being worn by or being bought by any young man. This fragrance is for real men.

There's nothing to fear in terms of lasting strength and sillage. Santos de Cartier is quite possibly the powerhouse fragrance of the century. I highly recommend.

guest_PETE
guest_PETE

This is the cream of the cream!

Elfbear
Elfbear

Men are creatures of habit, if you are the exception give Santos a go and you will be!! Like your favorite slippers, you will be lost with out it.My signature E.D.T for twenty years and still nothing has come up to the bar to replace it......

sfonativeboy
sfonativeboy

"It is Cartier men's fragrance at its finest."

I just ordered a bottle and got it in the mail today...!!!

I had it ... back in the 80's
I also was young and full of ideas or dreams ...
Notions of what I thought made me feel RICH, SOPHISTICATED and ELEGANT...
"Van Cleef & Arpels pour Homme" along with "Santos de Cartier"
...created that illusion for me...
wow.... who knew that a
long-lasting,very sweet-strong sandalwood, lavender, basil, vetiver, carnation, patchouli...mix
Would make me long for those youthful days .. now!

tavinver
tavinver

I think this is one of the best fragances that I used, too woody, too good, refinated, the Cartier hit (Sorry "Eau de Cartier" fans)

Sissi
Sissi

This one is hard to describe but i do
pick up some Petite grain and Vetiver
but it's drydown is intresting Bergamot
basil and oregino and the sweet aftermath of vanilla geranium but i'm not noticing the coconut.
this is a male equivulant to Cartier's
Baiser du Dragon women can weat this fragrance if they can past the first minutes of the opening notes.
i't's a Sexy Fragrance a chick magnent.

guest_Samurai Jack
guest_Samurai Jack

There is a name behind a fragrance, and fragrance behind a name.. once you try this one.. you will never feel the same..
SANTOS DE CARTIER

belle de sud
belle de sud

I find this intense 'jewel' equally suitable for a woman! It's rich, heady floral notes pick up on feminine skin to reveal a heavenly sensual patchouli-santal base and I love the galbanum in it - Happy to cross the gender line for this one!

Belle de Sud

Captn_Kremen
Captn_Kremen

I first bought this when it came in the metal Cartier holder and you had to buy refills. Alas my two Cartier designed holders now sit empty. The scent, however, stills ranks number one. Luxurious, masculine and intensely sensual. If you like it anywhere near as much as I, the shower gel is just as incredible.

varondandy
varondandy

If..I were secret agent James Bond.. this is what I would wear with my tux and Rolex submariner..Elegantly. Buenas noches/Goodnight.

vdxl
vdxl

A nice and subtle oriental fragrance that requires still at least 30 years of age to wear and a suit. Leathery, but clean smelling, powdery and citrus-woody. A Cartier cologne with style.

svillatoro
svillatoro

You are right Arkangel it is not for young kids because it is elegant, classy, manly and unique...

5 stars...

nikornplay
nikornplay

for me this is a darker version of Chanel N°19 .
more fresh and green at the beginning ,after that I got a nice and warm scent of floral and wood spice. love the bottle too ,heavy and masculine black in style.

azuriiita
azuriiita

wow... i am not sure yet, if i like it, or not.
At the beginning this one is very very very strong. A little dark. Surely overpowering for some people. Immediately, i think about a mature man, serious and sensual... its a truly "oriental" fragrance... Also, I really can smell woody notes in this.
A very sweet-strong sandalwood, lavender, basil, vetiver, carnation, patchouli...
Anyhow... this one its elegant and distinctive... you can fill the spaces that you walks with your presence... And the dry down is an exquisite and persistent mixture of ambergris in a sort of incense aroma.

knightz
knightz

To guest_rahul,
I have been reading all over the internet about this one, to see what the consensus seems to be on the difference. What I get, from other people's words (I haven't tried it yet), is that everyone talks about the great opening of the Regular version, and lots of people talk about Deep/Rich accords in the Concentree version. But those who compare the two say that the notes are generally the same in both. After the Regular Santos has almost faded away, the Santos Concentree would still be emitting it's heart.

Based on what I know now, if I like the scent I will buy the Concentree for it's strength and longevity.

mariotgomez

I have been in the mood to re-visit on old friend of mine: Santos De Cartier.
This is an elegant fragrance with a splendid blend of sweetness mixed with patchouli & sandalwood. This is a fragrance that brings back so many memories for me. That is why it has been in my collection since its release. It is Cartier men's fragrance at its finest.

mariotgomez

No need to be confused guest_rahul. My understanding is that the concentrate has a little more vanilla notes. Hope this helps.

My best recommendation is to try each one on a different arm and choose which one you like the best.

guest_rahul
guest_rahul

Confused between 'Santos de Cartier ' OR 'Santos Concentree'? Want to know the basic difference.Need Suggesation

mariotgomez

I have been wearing this fragrance since the 1980's. It is my signature scent. During my 10yr Class Reunion (sometime ago), I had a classmate come up to me and said "I remember sitting behind you...what was that Carti-something fragrance you wore?" I still get many complements when I wear it. Santos will always be in my collection.

2007

Santos de Cartier by Cartier 4.15 out of 5 based on 325 ratings and 68 user reviews

Santos de Cartier TESTER for Men Eau de Toilette Spray 3.3 oz
Santos de Cartier TESTER for Men Eau de Toilette Spray 3.3 oz
Santos de Cartier by Cartier for Men Eau de Toilette Spray 1.6 oz
Santos de Cartier by Cartier for Men Eau de Toilette Spray 1.6 oz
Santos De Cartier Cologne by Cartier, 1.6 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Santos De Cartier Cologne by Cartier, 1.6 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Santos De Cartier Cologne by Cartier, 3.3 oz Eau De Toilette Spray Tester for Men
Santos De Cartier Cologne by Cartier - 1.6 oz Eau De Toilette Spray
SANTOS DE CARTIER for MEN by Cartier CONCENTRATE EDT SPRAY 3.3 OZ
SANTOS DE CARTIER for MEN by Cartier CONCENTRATE EDT SPRAY 3.3 OZ
Santos De Cartier Cologne by Cartier - 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Concentree Spray
Santos De Cartier Cologne by Cartier - 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Concentree Spray

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Cartier Santos de Cartier fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Cartier Santos de Cartier, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Santos de Cartier by Cartier. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Santos de Cartier by Cartier represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.