Designers » C » Floral Green « Groups

So Pretty Cartier for women

So Pretty Cartier for women
dislike

So Pretty Cartier for women Pictures

A stylish and a trully aristocratic fragrance. The top notes encompass a fruity melody: mandarin, neroli from Tunisia, Sicilian bergamot, jasmine and blackberry. The heart includes iris, rose, Diamond orchid (used for the first time in this very parfume). The base is composed of vetiver, sandalwood, oakmoss, benzoin and musk. It was launched in 1995. The nose behind this fragrance is Jean Guichard.

Blackberry Mandarin Orange Peach Neroli Bergamot

Magic

So Pretty Fragrance Reviews

shauna.parra
shauna.parra

So Pretty is so pretty! Sparkling orange, like a mimosa or gold champagne with a citrus flavor, a sweet berry scent, iris, orchid, rose and additional floral scents of lily of the valley and jasmine mingle with vetiver grass moss and sandalwood. This gets to the point right away and it feels like all the notes are put together and there's not enough time to develop from one note to the other. I smelled everything at once. I have the largest size spray bottle and 2 miniature dab on bottles. This is a summer fragrance for a day time lunch engagement, a romantic getaway or a wedding. It's powdery and feminine, elegant and classy.

ana hen
ana hen

I love it very much .gold,sparkling very classic at floral chic woody but not heavy.i agree about some notes that similar to Chanel 5" with this feeria of flowers and aldehyde notes .warm and hugging.

Southern Blonde
Southern Blonde

Very expensive perfume but worth it. I live in Florida and this beauty is pure sunshine on my skin. I can wear this to the beach, to go out shopping or to meet with friends informally and casually. My first reaction: love the bottle. It's SO PRETTY! Looks like it contains real gold. This smells like you've been picking mandarin oranges off a tree in the middle of summer. I could smell the orchid and jasmine. The dry down is soft sandalwood and cedar. So if you like floral-woodsy chypres you gotta try this. Although it's from the 90's it's wearable for today. I didn't feel like I was wearing an old and outdated perfume. I have the Eau De Toilette Spray that came in a fitted red box. I am wearing this baby a lot right now and considering making it my signature scent. I have to wear it long enough to see if this relationship will last!

Gigi The Fashionista
Gigi The Fashionista

So Pretty In Perfume

I have been looking for Cartier's So Pretty for the longest time. It was easier to find a vintage Guerlain's Jicky from 1889 and Coty's La Rose Jacquemot from 1904 than it was to find a 1995 vintage Cartier So Pretty. In the mid 90's this beauty did not hit most mainstream department stores. It was to be found in Cartier Boutiques in such notable premier shopping Meccas as Fifth Avenue in Manhattan New York City, Chicago's Magnificent Mile and Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills California. It would have been advertised in magazines but I don't recall TV commercials. Cartier is famously known as one of the finest jewelers of all time, in the same league as Harry Winston and Tiffanys. So most people went in to purchase diamond earrings, bracelets or necklaces, and it was most likely the men going in there, and they would have taken notice of the glass bottle with round gold stopper containing a shimmering gold liquid. What could that be? It's perfume! In a jewelry store. Might as well buy it for the wife to go with her new jewelry. This must have been the gimmick. Cartier So Pretty has been discontinued, at least in the United States. What you get on ebay is appalling miniatures or one fourth one half or one and seven ounce bottles. There are also tester bottles without a box. The regular sizes of 3.3 or 3.4 ounces are gone. They could still be selling in foreign countries that have Cartier boutiques: Monte Carlo, Paris, London, Beirut, Dubai, or even Buenos Aires Argentina. I was very lucky this time. I have a girfriend who is a professional perfumer and she sold me her brand new, never before unboxed, 3.4 ounce bottle. I felt like I had found my Holy Grail perfume, the one that almost got away. It's like an enormous orange blossom, with such a beautiful fragrance that can overwhelm you if you smell it for too long. Just like Cartier diamond and sapphire masterpiecs, So Pretty is a radiant amber gold that just happens to be a perfume. The nose behind this fragrance is a master. He is Jean Guichard who had also created Calvin Klein's Obsession, Cacharel's Loulou and Eden, Nina Ricci's Deci Dela and Trussardi's Donna Trussardi.

NOTES IN CARTIER'S SO PRETTY

Head Notes: Blackberry, Mandarin Orange, Peach, Tunisian Neroli, Sicilian Bergamot

Heart Notes: Iris, Diamond Orchid, Orris Root, Jasmine, Lily of the Valley, Rose

Base Notes: Musk Sandalwood, Benzoin, Oakmoss Vetiver Cedar

When Guichard was making So Pretty, he included a diamond shaped orchid which had never been done before in perfumery. It's rather unfortunate that I don't get the orchid because the top notes have citrus notes that totally dominate the aroma. This is the most orange flavored perfume I have ever smelled. It's like an enormous orange blossom opening up in front of you. In this capacity it resembles Amarige by Givenchy. I would also compare it to the aldehyde opening in Givenchy's L'interdit. The aldehydes are not very strong and are decidedly more powdery or, to my nose, a tiny bit like nail polish at a beauty salon. But the strong orange is what you most get, or what I most got. The jasmine is there but it's not a big motif. Anyone who knows anything about flowers will tell you that the orange blossom is a wedding flower (Just like gardenia) and it is supposed to be worn by brides on their wedding day. This perfume is therefore suited to wear to your wedding day with your expensive and amazing wedding gown. It's more fruity than floral so if you like fruity perfumes this one will enchant you. It's absolutely a summer and spring fragrance. It's a skin scent when applied with a light touch. I think this is how it's supposed to be used. Don't douse yourself with it or the aldehydes take over and then So Pretty is Not So Pretty. There was, for a brief moment, something similar to the green notes in Balmain's Ivoire de Balmain, the original vintage Ivoire. That was such a nice nod to it that I felt so pleased to discover it because Ivoire is another fragrance that is very dear to me. It has a calm, greeness which feels totally real, like real leaves and plants. It did not linger too long, or it would have turned into an autumn fragrance. The orange juice in this perfume, heightened by the sparkling aldehydes, gives it a freshnesss and spring like quality. The dry down is initially powdery and then become dry like dry leaves on your skin. So Pretty is not the astounding fragrance I thought it would be. I thought it would be similar to the glamour in First by Van Cleef and Arpels. This is stil a very lovely fragrance and it falls under the category of FLORAL CHYPRE. This is not an Oriental as the notes do not come from the Orient nor evoke Persia, India or China. This smells more like the Mediterranean: the south of France, Monaco, Monte Carlo, the eastern coastline of Spain, Majorca, Ibiza, or like Italy, and Greece. It's really too fruity for me but it's not bad at all. It's a wearable orange. This fragrance makes me think twice about citrus notes in perfumes. If done right, it can be, like the fragrance name, SO PRETTY.

tfirebaugh
tfirebaugh

Cartier So Pretty really lives up to its name.

This was another fragrance that I was gifted by my Grandmother before her passing. It was a vintage EDP Tester still in the box.

This fragrance simply glows with beauty--at first sniff, I detected the Rose and Neroli, then the Mandarin or Tangerine arrives hot on the flowery-decorated heels. Its all elevated to sparkling new heights with the help of aldehydes. The creamy peach starts standing out, and for just a split second reminded me of my beloved Mitsouko EDP, BUT just for a few moments.

The musk doesn't really come into play until the dry down, then I can really pick up the sandalwood as well. I've found that this scent can linger softly on my skin for up to 12 hours, and two modest sprays is really all that's necessary to really make a big impact.

I love to wear this as my bedtime scent. Very soothing to a weary body and mind.

I am a guy, and I have to say that I completely resist the idea of "gender branding" fragrances. To me, saying a Rose is "feminine" or "not masculine" (Hammam Bouquet anyone?) is simply programming and a marketing schtick. That being said, I've not tried to pull this one off in public yet--although I'm not adverse to the idea. I feel like it needs to be represented in a classy manner--bowtie or nice button down shirt required for me to really give this creation the respect that it deserves. It is a Cartier creation after all. A true Gem. Majestic and Regal in all it's glory.

So classy and oh so pretty!

Another gem gone. Great scent as I wrote below. Lovely, elegant yet seducing. They discontinued it.
So many raving opinions and Cartier didn't think it was worthy keeping it?
Maybe they fear that a re-made So Pretty could disappoint its lovers.

varnyte
varnyte

This perfume meminds me a royal beauty, a timeless elegance, a fragile femininity, golden age of perfume industry. It's floral, oriental, yet light and soft. When I spray it I feel the most special in the crowd, I even don't need a fancy gown, I fell very special while wearing it. Really beautiful perfume, one of a kind...

Tamsey
Tamsey

i bought it when i was around 19 years old and after a while i felt like it was to mature for me..and this is one of the few scents that gives me headache..

boruvka44
boruvka44

The advert and flacon are so pretty. I didn´t find it similar to my beloved Miss Dior (maybe only the galbanum), but it´s very light, citrusy and less powdery version of Chamade (on my skin).
Opens with blackberries, vetiver and iris powder, later fruit fades and let the nice powdery galbanum come to life.
EDP - close to the skin, lasts cca 5 hours

Yamba1
Yamba1

Timeless, elegant, enchanting. These are the words that come to mind when wearing this discontinued classic.
Neroli is the dominant note for me, with rose and Lily of the Valley and a touch of fruit intertwining with the chypre base. Like others, I would classify this as a floral aldehyde, as I do not get the green note others have. It is of classic structure and is reminiscent of Madame Rochas only more refined.
I do not find this overpowering, but longevity is good at around 6-8 hrs.
Best worn with high heels and fine jewelry.

So, So Pretty.

[email protected]
chrismriley@hotmail.com

A mature, classic, rose floral fragrance which is initially strong, but soon goes smoky and close to the skin, then ends up with a sumptous, lovely gentle drydown...

I applied 6 heavy sprays

0 - 1 hours. Initially floods the room, then 1.5 foot projection all around. This has a very heavy and strong start! This is a common place, mature, classic fragrance which ouzes wamth with some luxury. Rose and Orchards stand out, though its not very fresh IMHO as it is so heavy.

1 hours - 3 hours - 4 inch projection. Alas the smoky oakmoss and musk develop together and they give a dirty mud backdrop on the skin which spoils this fragrance -not nice IMHO

3-5 hours. 1 inch projection.Smoky oakmoss dominates with a floral hint

5-7 hours. Close to skin, yet a total transformation occurs with a wonderful laid back mild-Sandlewood drydown appearing from absolutely nowhere...how has it gone from the middle notes to this little beauty? and yes pretty now! I recommend that the drydown is bottled as a linear frag from the start and given great projection and you would have a darling fragrance! Its one of those smells that you keep smelling your skin every minute or so.

Good opening 1st hour, awful middle and delightful ending to die for

Galya
Galya

Such a perfect perfume for a spring ,so green,so soft and well balanced.Classic perfume of good House.

kuanyin4
kuanyin4

"So Pretty" is kind of a lame name, isn't it? I suspect the name contributed to its demise and it is actually more than pretty. It is gorgeous! However, when I read others saying how long lived it is, I could cry. If 18 reviews says monster sillage and longevity, and one review says short life...it will be a fleeting pleasure for me. However, this one would be worth repeat sprays. I would love a larger bottle than my mini.

larali
larali

One of the few fragrances in my collection about which I keep finding myself thinking "God! This is beautiful!" An hour after application, I smell fresh rose, sparkling bergamot, and lily of the valley. Today was an extremely wet and hot day in Florida, and this perfume radiated freshness through the challenging conditions.

I hear it's discontinued- what a shame. Hopefully the other Cartier fragrances are quite as lovely.

Cams
Cams

Sophisticated, classic, luxurious and gorgeous! I get compliments non-stop when I wear this and it lasts all day long. This is happiness for me and I look forward to it in my rotation.

A soft, powdery, floral, "old fashioned" chypre, with the blackberry note lingering in the background. Natural smelling and rich, but I can understand how some might call this "soapy." Then a green note makes its appearance and that makes me think of a florist's shop. Nicely done. If this is what you seek I'd be surprised if you were disappointed by it.

UPDATE: Another hour into this and the sandalwood is emerging.

millie32
millie32

So pretty .What a great scent, timeless in a bottle its a strong scent with holding power .A great scent for a older women.Ceder wood and notes of mossy greens,powdery roses and floral notes .I remember purchasing So Pretty when I was in my twenties its wearable in the daytime ,I am thinking of purchasing So Pretty again soon ,enough. A classic perfume that,s true to its name ,So Pretty !

Jellybean
Jellybean

Strong, overpowering musky floral. Mature, complex and evening wear only. It steps in a notch shortly after it hits the skin; open that window:/! Similar to L'air du Temps. This is not pretty type of a fragrance at all.
Mucho nasteeh!

Tiffany Blue
Tiffany Blue

So Pretty de Cartier eau de parfum ticks so many boxes for me.
I spent many months looking for a classic rose chypre whose perfume notes would include lots of "green", maybe some citrus, lily of the valley, jasmine, woods and oakmoss.
I also wanted something I felt I could wear for any occasion, work or play.... S P does not disappoint.

On my skin...

The opening is dry and sparkling ~bergamot and ugli fruit
Lush roses, vibrant dewberries and wet moss quickly follow ending with earthy forest berries, pine cones and sandalwood.

Eden in a bottle.

artsyrn
artsyrn

This is a beautiful,sophisticated floral with just enough sweetness to counter balance the impressive green accords. There is an elegance that is manifest in this fragrance, along with serious longevity and silage.

Sassy1
Sassy1

1st try, loveley blackberry fruity chypre.

Today, soapy rose then salty wood.

I must confess I am wearing a ton of it (EDP) so with this one, more is more...soap that is.

**Floral green??? NO!

This is an aldehydic chypre!**

suzy Nasr
suzy Nasr

This is my moms perfume when I was a child. I used to love smelling it on her. My dad used to get me smal samples so i wouldn't use hers. Now I have my own bottel heheh.. It brings loads of good memories. I smell like my mom when she was my age.

I broke my bottle... it was full.. Now I dunno from where to get another 1.. I got it from Malaysia.. n am all da way in da middle east :'(

fanny
fanny

So Pretty is so lovable.
It is summerlike and green indeed, but with a very sweet depth. I wouldn't classify as just another likeable floral. This obviously is a Cartier scent.
Too stylish to be just pretty: it is So Pretty..

Edit 29/06/2011
Eau de parfum
Sillage: medium
Longevity: 3-4 hours

So Pretty - the name already suggests a likeable floral. It's to me like many scents out there. A nice pretty floral. Maybe close to Elizabeth Arden "Pretty" or I am just thinking of it because of the names ?

zsazsa
zsazsa

To my nose and skin this is a floral chypre. And a beautiful one at that. Subtle, sweet but not cloying, a bit dry, green and fresh, a perfect combination for spring and summer. It has a similar vibe as Soir de Lune, but in a much more soft en understated way. Moderate sillage and very tenacious. It oozes high quality and refinement. SP is indeed very pretty!

(This review is for the EdP.)

olga1780
olga1780

Finally the summer is here and I can wear this beauty again....I pretty much forgot about it because it wasn't deep enough for colder weather.
Absolutely adorable green composition with some soapy undertones. It must be the oakmoss that gives it that mysterious vibe similar to Niki Saint Phalle(they are especially similar in the drydown). The sillage and longevity of EDP are excellent...hours of elegance and sophistication.

e_negrau
e_negrau

Aristocratic fragrances are always mature, with lots of jasmines and woods, a bit soapy-clean and not too warm, but rather distant. I must admit I enjoy them so much sometimes, they make always a lasting, powerful impression. They are not for mature women only, but depends much on when, why and how much to wear them.

guest_just me
guest_just me

I tried So Pretty for the first time 5-6 years ago just before Xmas - it was a special edition with addition of rose extract. For the last 5 years I haven't changed it - I called it my scent and I love it - it still impressess people around me when I am wearing it. One of the best in the industry. For me is perfect.

guest_catty
guest_catty

My signature scent! It´s a very sophisticated floral, but without being "old lady". It´s classy, very racée but at the same time very modern.

I read that princess Diana wore also this scent.

very very lovely!

I have gone on to reviewing So Pretty shortly after smelling Guerlain's Mitsouko, and interestingly enough I find them both slightly similar.

So Pretty is much fruitier of course, however they are both relatively dry scents with a likable bitterness.

A little heavy, but certainly not unpleasant, So Pretty is actually a fragrance I've been trying to track down for years. Classic scents always intrigue me, and So Pretty has not left me disappointed.

The most dominant notes to my nose tends to be the tarty rose, orchid, peach and blackberry. It has a somewhat feminine richness, that gives this fragrance an elegant and sophisticated vibe.

Despite this fragrance being a little dated these days and also difficult to find, I would encourage many young people to go out and test this fragrance while you still can.

There aren't many fragrances like this still around. Forget the soapy and overly sweetened fruity florals of today, So Pretty re-defines fruits and flowers. With excellent sillage and lasting strength, I highly recommend So Pretty.

Roma27
Roma27

Got this little Gem today.An Absolute Marvel! Becomes extremely powdery & soft on my skin. My nose seems to detect alot of the peach & jasmine mixed with hints of musk in between. It gives me that air of sophistication & grace I love. A woman wearing this will be admired & talked about for her finesse & irresistable charm. Definitely Oh SO Pretty!

cherubkiss
cherubkiss

As a previous review said, this perfume is like recieving an expensive bouquet of the most expensive flowers of the world. It has a very unique smell and that I believe that could be the diamond orchid. A very classy perfume that gives you a feeling of luxury and pure glamour.

lindamelton
lindamelton

So Pretty is aptly named. Once when I was wearing it on a business trip, a colleague of mine got into the hotel elevator and said "God! What are you wearing?" When I told him, he said "I never liked that fragrance until I smelled it on you - that should be your signature." And it is.

what a fantastic luxury rose, orchid, chypre smell.. its amazing, very refined, chic, elegant and wearable for special occasion at night.... its like a bouquet of the most expensives roses and orchids.... LUXURY AT FIRST CLASS.... A MASTERPIECE

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

This is a very powdery peach fragrance, which smells exactly like a mix of Johnsons baby powder and Yvresse by Yves Saint Laurent. I find it slightly dated to an 80's vibe, which is no bad thing, it is lush and pleasant. I get no 'green' in this at all though and find it firmly stuck in the heavy floral fruity category, which isn't my fave (at the moment!).
I still stick by the above review, but now own it a few years (!!) on, it reminds me a lot of tresor but maybe slightly less fluorescent, it's elegant, soft, calming and, yes, very pretty indeed.

Nicole79
Nicole79

...Very very Pretty indeed!!!!!!
...yes..so "aristocratic"...
This fragrance is for any woman who wants to smell feminine and classy!
This is for special ocasions, like a Wedding or a Coktail Party...
Beautiful ...

TakaBeata
TakaBeata

It is the beautiful scent. I use EDT on special ocasions or in spring. Very well unites to me. Is floral but also green and very , very subtle. When first time I smelt it I was 22 years old , I smelt very elegant for the exceptional , delicate woman.... Realy super.....

shtellungeza
shtellungeza

I never really tried this perfume. but I've tried so pretty de cartier ROSE VERTE.I loved it! it's just that i cant find it anywhere now. Is it discontinued?

kastehelmi
kastehelmi

(EDT)
So Pretty is indeed a chypre standard-without the patchouli. This is what enticed me to want to try it in the first place. That-and the discrepancy between the name and the juice.

The heart notes to the base are very serious and pleasant-a dry green not quite as deep as forest green, like the color of the liquid-with powdery classical flowers that make an elegant contrast to the strong bitterness of the mossy base. I would certainly turn my head if I smelled this on somebody. But I can't enjoy it on myself-as the aldehydes in the opening combine with the bitterness-soapy bitterness is the opening chord for me, not refreshing bitterness. It takes just too long for this to pass on me-call me an impatient modern youth, wanting to hurry up and enjoy the "pretty", to not pay my dues in breathing in the aristocratic sparkling bitters...Fine, that's me. you either like aldehydes or you don't, but you have to wait to smell what else happens in an aldehydic fragrance either way. I see no point in waiting most of the time (and I've tried, I've waited for hours...)

I could just be happy to smell the lovely base on someone else, and wear something with a more natural opening.

A jewel in the crown. A beautiful fragrance thats makes you feel unique and special. It uplifts your mood and smells so beautiful.

andrew85
andrew85

this is a masterpiece, one of the best and most sofisticade floral - chypre scents that i have ever smelt... its so aristocratic and elegant, its strong and for night outs... for a sofisticade place.... another masterpiece and aristocratic scent by Cartier....

amelie
amelie

Very elegant, for a moment reminded me of the one Ivoire de Balmain creamy note. This is actually a complex composition which takes about half an hour to open and show all the richness. Not tied to any season, but to me as all the beautiful scents of this group just perfect for spring.
It's classy, glamorous and incredibly feminine, everything is so finely balanced. So Pretty will keep long on your skin, later even as you feel a gentle touch of silk.
So Pretty as its name says and the bottle is gorgeous.

KasiaS
KasiaS

I like it very much, too. But I'm quite surprised it's classified as floral green. For me it seems rather floral aldehyde, I smell the same soapy note as in p.e.Chanel n.5 or D&G Red Cap, just a bit lighter, maybe . It gives the fragrance a nice vintage, luxury feeling and maturity.

I love this scent! I bought it years ago, I was around 27 and quite girly, but I fell in love with this smell and wanted to wear it. It actually fitted my personality, feminine, joyful and a little aristocratic. It's one of the few scents I had more than 1 bottle (given or bought). It's a very classy scents and I don't think it's for mature women, rather a young lady scent.
It's also a little formal yet warm in the basenotes, sensual floral-woody. My chemitry doesn't usually agree with woody notes, still So Pretty must be so well balanced it melts with my chemistry after a short while. Floral notes in it are very refined and elegant, while the woods keeps the whole blend stable, slitghly powdery and warm, especially teh sandalwood note is very fine and not bitter at all.
I would say it's a romantic scent for upscale dating, sprinkling elegant sensuality, no vulgarity.
EdT is very enjoyable and strong without being overpowering. EdP is more intense and thicker, could be disturbing in hot weather if overdone.

likaanitia
likaanitia

my mom wear this perfume..and i love this scent, it's very luxurious, classy, and glamour, like it!

talat
talat

I am in love with this perfume. it stays long. floral and classic.

gravdal
gravdal

i really feel so pretty when wearing it... it's the kinda perfum tat makes ur day...

Mitsouko
Mitsouko

Beautiful, luxury, classic, floral. Very pleases me in it some dark, brilliant, bitter note. So Pretty are
are as jewel with interesting flaw.

Basia
Basia

I don't like it. It is too stong and more suitable for mature women. I can't imagine a young woman wearing it, especially during the day.

[email protected]
fatmaelaozgur@gmail.com

I love it more than any other women fragrance since the first time I ever got the smell of it in an internetional airport shop in Europe during a transit flight.I never have forgotten that moment.Now I have one and from now on I will continue with SoPretty.