Designers » C » Floral Green « Groups

So Pretty Cartier for women

So Pretty Cartier for women
dislike

So Pretty Cartier for women Pictures

A stylish and a trully aristocratic fragrance. The top notes encompass a fruity melody: mandarin, neroli from Tunisia, Sicilian bergamot, jasmine and blackberry. The heart includes iris, rose, Diamond orchid (used for the first time in this very parfume). The base is composed of vetiver, sandalwood, oakmoss, benzoin and musk. It was launched in 1995. The nose behind this fragrance is Jean Guichard.

Blackberry Mandarin Orange Peach Neroli Bergamot

iris Orchid Orris Root Jasmine Lily-of-the-Valley Rose

Musk Sandalwood Benzoin Oakmoss Vetiver Cedar

So Pretty Fragrance Reviews

varnyte
varnyte

This perfume meminds me a royal beauty, a timeless elegance, a fragile femininity, golden age of perfume industry. It's floral, oriental, yet light and soft. When I spray it I feel the most special in the crowd, I even don't need a fancy gown, I fell very special while wearing it. Really beautiful perfume, one of a kind...

Tamsey
Tamsey

i bought it when i was around 19 years old and after a while i felt like it was to mature for me..and this is one of the few scents that gives me headache..

boruvka44
boruvka44

The advert and flacon are so pretty. I didn´t find it similar to my beloved Miss Dior (maybe only the galbanum), but it´s very light, citrusy and less powdery version of Chamade (on my skin).
Opens with blackberries, vetiver and iris powder, later fruit fades and let the nice powdery galbanum come to life.
EDP - close to the skin, lasts cca 5 hours

scorpiosheep
scorpiosheep

Thank you Yamba1 for sending me a sample of this fragrance. I am surprised it was only launched in 1995 as to me it smells like one of the big florals of the 80's. You certainly only need one spritz. On my skin it is almost overwhelmingly rose, and although not in the notes listed above I am sure I can detect an aldehydic element in the top notes. This would be very easy to overdose on as it is a real smack in the face, but immediately likeable, a big overblown red rose, just starting to lose its petals and scenting a whole room. I wouldn't mind getting my hands on a mini, just to ring some changes from my usual fragrance choices - the only other roses I have are Rose Poivree and Montale Black Aoud, all three are so different, but this one is definitely the "most pretty" that I have tried.

Yamba1
Yamba1

Timeless, elegant, enchanting. These are the words that come to mind when wearing this discontinued classic.
Neroli is the dominant note for me, with rose and Lily of the Valley and a touch of fruit intertwining with the chypre base. Like others, I would classify this as a floral aldehyde, as I do not get the green note others have. It is of classic structure and is reminiscent of Madame Rochas only more refined.
I do not find this overpowering, but longevity is good at around 6-8 hrs.
Best worn with high heels and fine jewelry.

So, So Pretty.

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

A mature, classic, rose floral fragrance which is initially strong, but soon goes smoky and close to the skin, then ends up with a sumptous, lovely gentle drydown...

I applied 6 heavy sprays

0 - 1 hours. Initially floods the room, then 1.5 foot projection all around. This has a very heavy and strong start! This is a common place, mature, classic fragrance which ouzes wamth with some luxury. Rose and Orchards stand out, though its not very fresh IMHO as it is so heavy.

1 hours - 3 hours - 4 inch projection. Alas the smoky oakmoss and musk develop together and they give a dirty mud backdrop on the skin which spoils this fragrance -not nice IMHO

3-5 hours. 1 inch projection.Smoky oakmoss dominates with a floral hint

5-7 hours. Close to skin, yet a total transformation occurs with a wonderful laid back mild-Sandlewood drydown appearing from absolutely nowhere...how has it gone from the middle notes to this little beauty? and yes pretty now! I recommend that the drydown is bottled as a linear frag from the start and given great projection and you would have a darling fragrance! Its one of those smells that you keep smelling your skin every minute or so.

Good opening 1st hour, awful middle and delightful ending to die for

Galya
Galya

Such a perfect perfume for a spring ,so green,so soft and well balanced.Classic perfume of good House.

kuanyin4
kuanyin4

"So Pretty" is kind of a lame name, isn't it? I suspect the name contributed to its demise and it is actually more than pretty. It is gorgeous! However, when I read others saying how long lived it is, I could cry. If 18 reviews says monster sillage and longevity, and one review says short life...it will be a fleeting pleasure for me. However, this one would be worth repeat sprays. I would love a larger bottle than my mini.

larali
larali

One of the few fragrances in my collection about which I keep finding myself thinking "God! This is beautiful!" An hour after application, I smell fresh rose, sparkling bergamot, and lily of the valley. Today was an extremely wet and hot day in Florida, and this perfume radiated freshness through the challenging conditions.

I hear it's discontinued- what a shame. Hopefully the other Cartier fragrances are quite as lovely.

Cams
Cams

Sophisticated, classic, luxurious and gorgeous! I get compliments non-stop when I wear this and it lasts all day long. This is happiness for me and I look forward to it in my rotation.

A soft, powdery, floral, "old fashioned" chypre, with the blackberry note lingering in the background. Natural smelling and rich, but I can understand how some might call this "soapy." Then a green note makes its appearance and that makes me think of a florist's shop. Nicely done. If this is what you seek I'd be surprised if you were disappointed by it.

UPDATE: Another hour into this and the sandalwood is emerging.

millie32
millie32

So pretty .What a great scent, timeless in a bottle its a strong scent with holding power .A great scent for a older women.Ceder wood and notes of mossy greens,powdery roses and floral notes .I remember purchasing So Pretty when I was in my twenties its wearable in the daytime ,I am thinking of purchasing So Pretty again soon ,enough. A classic perfume that,s true to its name ,So Pretty !

Jellybean
Jellybean

Strong, overpowering musky floral. Mature, complex and evening wear only. It steps in a notch shortly after it hits the skin; open that window:/! Similar to L'air du Temps. This is not pretty type of a fragrance at all.
Mucho nasteeh!

gerani-mum
gerani-mum

So Pretty de Cartier eau de parfum ticks so many boxes for me.
I spent many months looking for a classic rose chypre whose perfume notes would include lots of "green", maybe some citrus, lily of the valley, jasmine, woods and oakmoss.
I also wanted something I felt I could wear for any occasion, work or play.... S P does not disappoint.

On my skin...

The opening is dry and sparkling ~bergamot and ugli fruit
Lush roses, vibrant dewberries and wet moss quickly follow ending with earthy forest berries, pine cones and sandalwood.

Eden in a bottle.

artsyrn
artsyrn

This is a beautiful,sophisticated floral with just enough sweetness to counter balance the impressive green accords. There is an elegance that is manifest in this fragrance, along with serious longevity and silage.

Sassy1
Sassy1

1st try, loveley blackberry fruity chypre.

Today, soapy rose then salty wood.

I must confess I am wearing a ton of it (EDP) so with this one, more is more...soap that is.

**Floral green??? NO!

This is an aldehydic chypre!**

Great scent as I wrote below. Lovely, elegant yet seducing. They discontinued it. Another gem gone :-(((

suzy Nasr
suzy Nasr

This is my moms perfume when I was a child. I used to love smelling it on her. My dad used to get me smal samples so i wouldn't use hers. Now I have my own bottel heheh.. It brings loads of good memories. I smell like my mom when she was my age.

I broke my bottle... it was full.. Now I dunno from where to get another 1.. I got it from Malaysia.. n am all da way in da middle east :'(

fanny
fanny

So Pretty is so lovable.
It is summerlike and green indeed, but with a very sweet depth. I wouldn't classify as just another likeable floral. This obviously is a Cartier scent.
Too stylish to be just pretty: it is So Pretty..

Edit 29/06/2011
Eau de parfum
Sillage: medium
Longevity: 3-4 hours

So Pretty - the name already suggests a likeable floral. It's to me like many scents out there. A nice pretty floral. Maybe close to Elizabeth Arden "Pretty" or I am just thinking of it because of the names ?

zsazsa
zsazsa

To my nose and skin this is a floral chypre. And a beautiful one at that. Subtle, sweet but not cloying, a bit dry, green and fresh, a perfect combination for spring and summer. It has a similar vibe as Soir de Lune, but in a much more soft en understated way. Moderate sillage and very tenacious. It oozes high quality and refinement. SP is indeed very pretty!

(This review is for the EdP.)

olga1780
olga1780

Finally the summer is here and I can wear this beauty again....I pretty much forgot about it because it wasn't deep enough for colder weather.
Absolutely adorable green composition with some soapy undertones. It must be the oakmoss that gives it that mysterious vibe similar to Niki Saint Phalle(they are especially similar in the drydown). The sillage and longevity of EDP are excellent...hours of elegance and sophistication.

e_negrau
e_negrau

Aristocratic fragrances are always mature, with lots of jasmines and woods, a bit soapy-clean and not too warm, but rather distant. I must admit I enjoy them so much sometimes, they make always a lasting, powerful impression. They are not for mature women only, but depends much on when, why and how much to wear them.

guest_just me
guest_just me

I tried So Pretty for the first time 5-6 years ago just before Xmas - it was a special edition with addition of rose extract. For the last 5 years I haven't changed it - I called it my scent and I love it - it still impressess people around me when I am wearing it. One of the best in the industry. For me is perfect.

guest_catty
guest_catty

My signature scent! It´s a very sophisticated floral, but without being "old lady". It´s classy, very racée but at the same time very modern.

I read that princess Diana wore also this scent.

very very lovely!

I have gone on to reviewing So Pretty shortly after smelling Guerlain's Mitsouko, and interestingly enough I find them both slightly similar.

So Pretty is much fruitier of course, however they are both relatively dry scents with a likable bitterness.

A little heavy, but certainly not unpleasant, So Pretty is actually a fragrance I've been trying to track down for years. Classic scents always intrigue me, and So Pretty has not left me disappointed.

The most dominant notes to my nose tends to be the tarty rose, orchid, peach and blackberry. It has a somewhat feminine richness, that gives this fragrance an elegant and sophisticated vibe.

Despite this fragrance being a little dated these days and also difficult to find, I would encourage many young people to go out and test this fragrance while you still can.

There aren't many fragrances like this still around. Forget the soapy and overly sweetened fruity florals of today, So Pretty re-defines fruits and flowers. With excellent sillage and lasting strength, I highly recommend So Pretty.

Roma27
Roma27

Got this little Gem today.An Absolute Marvel! Becomes extremely powdery & soft on my skin. My nose seems to detect alot of the peach & jasmine mixed with hints of musk in between. It gives me that air of sophistication & grace I love. A woman wearing this will be admired & talked about for her finesse & irresistable charm. Definitely Oh SO Pretty!

cherubkiss
cherubkiss

As a previous review said, this perfume is like recieving an expensive bouquet of the most expensive flowers of the world. It has a very unique smell and that I believe that could be the diamond orchid. A very classy perfume that gives you a feeling of luxury and pure glamour.

lindamelton
lindamelton

So Pretty is aptly named. Once when I was wearing it on a business trip, a colleague of mine got into the hotel elevator and said "God! What are you wearing?" When I told him, he said "I never liked that fragrance until I smelled it on you - that should be your signature." And it is.

what a fantastic luxury rose, orchid, chypre smell.. its amazing, very refined, chic, elegant and wearable for special occasion at night.... its like a bouquet of the most expensives roses and orchids.... LUXURY AT FIRST CLASS.... A MASTERPIECE

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

This is a very powdery peach fragrance, which smells exactly like a mix of Johnsons baby powder and Yvresse by Yves Saint Laurent. I find it slightly dated to an 80's vibe, which is no bad thing, it is lush and pleasant. I get no 'green' in this at all though and find it firmly stuck in the heavy floral fruity category, which isn't my fave (at the moment!).
I still stick by the above review, but now own it a few years (!!) on, it reminds me a lot of tresor but maybe slightly less fluorescent, it's elegant, soft, calming and, yes, very pretty indeed.

Nicole79
Nicole79

...Very very Pretty indeed!!!!!!
...yes..so "aristocratic"...
This fragrance is for any woman who wants to smell feminine and classy!
This is for special ocasions, like a Wedding or a Coktail Party...
Beautiful ...

TakaBeata
TakaBeata

It is the beautiful scent. I use EDT on special ocasions or in spring. Very well unites to me. Is floral but also green and very , very subtle. When first time I smelt it I was 22 years old , I smelt very elegant for the exceptional , delicate woman.... Realy super.....

shtellungeza
shtellungeza

I never really tried this perfume. but I've tried so pretty de cartier ROSE VERTE.I loved it! it's just that i cant find it anywhere now. Is it discontinued?

kastehelmi
kastehelmi

(EDT)
So Pretty is indeed a chypre standard-without the patchouli. This is what enticed me to want to try it in the first place. That-and the discrepancy between the name and the juice.

The heart notes to the base are very serious and pleasant-a dry green not quite as deep as forest green, like the color of the liquid-with powdery classical flowers that make an elegant contrast to the strong bitterness of the mossy base. I would certainly turn my head if I smelled this on somebody. But I can't enjoy it on myself-as the aldehydes in the opening combine with the bitterness-soapy bitterness is the opening chord for me, not refreshing bitterness. It takes just too long for this to pass on me-call me an impatient modern youth, wanting to hurry up and enjoy the "pretty", to not pay my dues in breathing in the aristocratic sparkling bitters...Fine, that's me. you either like aldehydes or you don't, but you have to wait to smell what else happens in an aldehydic fragrance either way. I see no point in waiting most of the time (and I've tried, I've waited for hours...)

I could just be happy to smell the lovely base on someone else, and wear something with a more natural opening.

A jewel in the crown. A beautiful fragrance thats makes you feel unique and special. It uplifts your mood and smells so beautiful.

andrew85
andrew85

this is a masterpiece, one of the best and most sofisticade floral - chypre scents that i have ever smelt... its so aristocratic and elegant, its strong and for night outs... for a sofisticade place.... another masterpiece and aristocratic scent by Cartier....

amelie
amelie

Very elegant, for a moment reminded me of the one Ivoire de Balmain creamy note. This is actually a complex composition which takes about half an hour to open and show all the richness. Not tied to any season, but to me as all the beautiful scents of this group just perfect for spring.
It's classy, glamorous and incredibly feminine, everything is so finely balanced. So Pretty will keep long on your skin, later even as you feel a gentle touch of silk.
So Pretty as its name says and the bottle is gorgeous.

KasiaS
KasiaS

I like it very much, too. But I'm quite surprised it's classified as floral green. For me it seems rather floral aldehyde, I smell the same soapy note as in p.e.Chanel n.5 or D&G Red Cap, just a bit lighter, maybe . It gives the fragrance a nice vintage, luxury feeling and maturity.

I love this scent! I bought it years ago, I was around 27 and quite girly, but I fell in love with this smell and wanted to wear it. It actually fitted my personality, feminine, joyful and a little aristocratic. It's one of the few scents I had more than 1 bottle (given or bought). It's a very classy scents and I don't think it's for mature women, rather a young lady scent.
It's also a little formal yet warm in the basenotes, sensual floral-woody. My chemitry doesn't usually agree with woody notes, still So Pretty must be so well balanced it melts with my chemistry after a short while. Floral notes in it are very refined and elegant, while the woods keeps the whole blend stable, slitghly powdery and warm, especially teh sandalwood note is very fine and not bitter at all.
I would say it's a romantic scent for upscale dating, sprinkling elegant sensuality, no vulgarity.
EdT is very enjoyable and strong without being overpowering. EdP is more intense and thicker, could be disturbing in hot weather if overdone.

likaanitia
likaanitia

my mom wear this perfume..and i love this scent, it's very luxurious, classy, and glamour, like it!

talat
talat

I am in love with this perfume. it stays long. floral and classic.

gravdal
gravdal

i really feel so pretty when wearing it... it's the kinda perfum tat makes ur day...

Mitsouko
Mitsouko

Beautiful, luxury, classic, floral. Very pleases me in it some dark, brilliant, bitter note. So Pretty are
are as jewel with interesting flaw.

Basia
Basia

I don't like it. It is too stong and more suitable for mature women. I can't imagine a young woman wearing it, especially during the day.

fatmaelaozgur@gmail.com
fatmaelaozgur@gmail.com

I love it more than any other women fragrance since the first time I ever got the smell of it in an internetional airport shop in Europe during a transit flight.I never have forgotten that moment.Now I have one and from now on I will continue with SoPretty.

So Pretty by Cartier 3.99 out of 5 based on 299 ratings and 46 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Cartier So Pretty fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Cartier So Pretty, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify So Pretty by Cartier. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of So Pretty by Cartier represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.