Designers » C » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Carven Le Parfum Carven for women

Carven Le Parfum Carven for women
dislike

Carven Le Parfum Carven for women Videos Carven Le Parfum Carven for women Videos Carven Le Parfum Carven for women Videos Carven Le Parfum Carven for women Videos
Carven Le Parfum Carven for women Pictures Carven Le Parfum Carven for women Pictures Carven Le Parfum Carven for women Pictures Carven Le Parfum Carven for women Pictures Carven Le Parfum Carven for women Pictures

Carven returns to perfume market with the new release simply called Carven Le Parfum launched in early 2013. The fragrance represents ideas of spontaneity, Parisian elegance and approachability. This is the first fragrance launched under the guidance of creative director Guillaume Henry.

Perfumer Francis Kurkdjian created the new composition of the upper notes of fresh mandarin blossom, apricot and delicate white hyacinth. The heart captures authentic bouquet of flowers that includes sweet pea, jasmine and ylang-ylang. Notes of sandalwood, osmanthus and Indonesian patchouli form the base of this fragrance.

Thierry de Baschmakoff designed the perfume bottle. The scent is available as 30, 50 and 100 ml Eau de Parfum.

Mandarin Blossom White Hyacinth Apricot

Sweet Pea Ylang-Ylang Jasmine

Sandalwood Osmanthus Indonesian Patchouli Leaf

Amyris Femme
Donna Trussardi 2011

Carven Le Parfum Fragrance Reviews

Lizka7
Lizka7

This perfume has no staying power on me. It disappears within an hour or so. I don't smell any masculine notes in it either. I wish it lasted longer.

Centsless
Centsless

Loving the duality of this beauty. It was just a like at first spray, but as it dried down, I love the masculine edge. All in all it is a clean and fresh scent, but with a luxurious French feel. Kurkdjian is the nose behind so many of my most loved scents. This one isn't going to wow most people, but it very good at being modern, French and lovely!

francess.raymundo
francess.raymundo

This is very much like Coco Mademoiselle Parfum...not Eau de Parfume. I like it very much.

Shwets
Shwets

A classy scent reminds me of the fragrance I've smelt in 5 star hotels in India. Long lasting, would rather smell around the building than wear it. A fragrance for the summer.

fleurdefi
fleurdefi

This is quickly becoming one of my favorite fragrances. It opens up with a burst of juicy mandarin, reminiscent of Miss Dior (new). The osmanthus and other flowers keep it softer and a bit more subdued, though. The fruity floral feminity is layered over a more masculine base - what seems like freshly applied men's deoderant (which is a comfort scent to me). The masculine and feminine blend together in the drydown for a more unisex scent - fresh and slightly fruity and woody. Love it.

Inventress
Inventress

When I smelled the cap of my mini, I instantly thought of pineapple, sunshine, the colour yellow-orange, and of late spring. Apricot and mandarin blossom open with a fruity burst, toned only very slightly down by white hyacinth. Sweet pea is the dominant note in Le Parfum, weaving it’s way between all of the others and flirting with its light, floral sweetness. Ylang-ylang lends a hint of tropical charm. On me, I smell neither patchouli, nor sandalwood. Instead, osmathus in the drydown retains the scent’s fruity-floral character. In fact, I think this fragrance can easily fit in the category of fruity-florals, especially with the sophisticated lot.

Carven Le Parfum is a bright white floral, which may be a touch too heady for the summer, depending on temperature. Worn in spring, I feel like I am ushering in the flowers and warmth. To me, it is a happy fragrance and a pick-me-up for all year. I enjoy it. On me, it lasts about 8 hours and has a soft sillage. Its only down side is that it gets boring quickly.

mrjohn12
mrjohn12

I don't know why everyone is hating on this fragrance. I have gotten myself so deep into fragrances that I can't even figure out if I'm wearing it out of respect or just because I like it. I've paid so much attention to notes and reviews… when it came time to find one to wear to my brother's wedding, I found myself wondering what everyone in the wedding party would be okay with. And I was at a loss. Narciso? Too musky. Ford? Too boozy. Coco? Far too noisy…

So I started fresh. I closed my eyes and the sales associate showed me this one and one from Hermes and I found myself obsessively sniffing this one and bought a roller ball of it. Sure it's not grand and it does't have leather or tires or snake venom or any other exciting notes to make it stand out. But sometimes, I want a scent that doesn't wear me, that won't offend anyone, and that works for any occasion.

This one is blended beautifully, it wears all day, and it's just plain nice. I just adore it. It makes me smile.

aqua76239
aqua76239

as many others have noted, this does bear some simularities to such fragrances like Miss Dior or Coco M-except I find Carven to be more green, cool and floral. This is not a sweet scent in any way but green floral with patchoili. Patchouli is not something you may associate wiht fragrances for the summer but personally i find this scent fresher than some others i smelled before so I think its appropriate for hot weather. I can't say this is something I really love-I like it for work or anywhere you don't want a strong scent(i also spray a lot of it after a shower). on my skin it doesn't project well which is a dissapointment. I can smell it for several hours but rather faintly. I think its too "cold" for my taste

alchemist1976stephanie
alchemist1976stephanie

I agree with the previous reviewer who likened this to miss dior, coco mademoiselle. You definitely get that with an air of creamy, soapiness. It leans more chypre for the majority of its stay but the final drydown becomes this beautiful, soft sweetness that I wish played a bigger part in the fragrant étude that is Carven Le Parfum.
Nice scent but not unique enough for me.

silviaci
silviaci

The most interesting part of this fragrance is its mysterious source of freshness. I blame it on the white hyacinth-osmanthus combo, but it's simply stunning.
I find this fragrance elegant and simple at the same time, refreshing, uplifting, gracious, almost unique.
On a personal note, I decided to buy it because it has sweet pea among the top notes, and sweet pea was in my wedding bouquet and I remember it smelled so fragrant in its simplicity.
Carven comes very close to my peculiar memory of my wonderful wedding day.

EternityFresh
EternityFresh

I'm so glad that I didn't let this one pass me by because it is pretty different than most of the new perfumes out there. It's definitely fresh and does evoke the feeling of being very French. At the same time it does have a slight masculine vibe during the last stages that smells very clean. I feel it's pretty long lasting but doesnt project very far which is very common these days in lots of perfumes. Over all I really like it and the bottle is simple yet classy.

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

This is a pleasantly clean floral in the beginning 3 hours. My nose is not educated enough to pick out all of the floral notes, but I agree with other reviewers that this has a fine milled soap/clean laundry/upscale hotel room with the windows open kind of vibe. It's sweet, but not sugary sweet--that must be the sweet pea.

After 3-4 hours, it does fade; but then around 5 hours, it reappears as a light musk-bergamot-sandal scent that is slightly masculine. Instead of "clean woman" I now smell like "clean man". I really did like that scent, but it faded after a final hour or so. Total longevity on this scent is 5-6 hours, and sillage is low-moderate.

rhynel
rhynel

Gorgeous scent that does open as lychee as other reviewers have mentioned. The heart blooms into jasmine and sweet pea on me. The dry down is my favorite part, as the sandalwood makes it a skin scent. I sampled it at about 5:30 and at 11:30 I am still sniffing my arm, which is pretty impressive since my skin tends to throw scents. My husband loves it, too. Very luxe, sensual perfume -- it will be my next buy.

lyciumchld
lyciumchld

Strangely, this smells very much like gardenia to me, though it is not listed as a note here. The opening is somewhat bitter, heart smells of expensive bath products, and in the base I get impressions of a lighter, fresher, slightly cucumbery gardenia. It reminds me a little of a more youthful take on 24 Faubourg. Interestingly, though in the middle I get the impression of familiarity, I've never smelled anything like this before. I'm not sure that it's me, but I definitely like it.

archivist
archivist

This is nice. It reminds me of a guest soap from a hotel I stayed in a long time ago - I can picture the soap, it was a small, pink, sweetly chubby little round of french-milled soap that produced creamy but not bubbly suds, stamped with a small bouquet. I enjoyed the smell of the soap, and that's probably the format in which I'd enjoy Carven. I can't imagine wearing this as my perfume scent, it's a little too flowery for my personal taste - but it's nice.

moreorlessa
moreorlessa

A bit of freshness and muted down sweetness. To my nose, it's more fruity than floral. I don't see anything unique about it, except that the drydown smells slightly masculine and yet it's so soft that you can get away with it.

JennyMH
JennyMH

I was given this recently as a present. It's very pleasant and unobjectionable on me. Doesn't last that long, but then lots of scents don't on me. A safe bet for the office, the chaps shouldn't get too excited.

Caist
Caist

Sweet pea, sweet pea, and sweet peas.

Its good news that this design house has risen from its ashes, but this fragrance smells old.. not young.

This is a sweetpea take-over.. and almost candle-esc. Not a very interesting dry-down compared to what some may say, I think it's very horizontal and stays the same.. Not a fan at all, sure it's got a nice citrus backing up the floral but Sweetpea? Really? This is 2014, hopefully we're are done with launching ROSE versions of everything, but I know for sure Sweetpea is not inivative, I always smell car fresheners and candles when I asociate anything with it.. it's a strong floral note so, go figure.

They should do a flanker with more fruit to it for the summer, it could save them. But I see this one in a perfumania in the next year or sooner.

In Vogue
In Vogue

This fragrance contained a humourous surprise twist which quite amused me. The top notes are fresh, green and citrussy, a little floral, and very barnyard animalic. After about 20 mins. the animalic side settles down into a nice leathery scent. I was expecting some similarities to a retro chypre, due to the green and white striped box, similar to Ma Griffe's. At this point, I was getting just what I'd expected, a feminine, lady-like, old-money type of chypre.

Then after about 30 mins. the second act begins. A curious transformation takes place, and Miss Moneypenny steps out of drag, revealing a male fragrance instead! It is now a soapy barbershop green-citrus masculine cologne, and completely unisex.

Unfortunately for me, all that I liked about it is gone, including the leather and floral notes.
Sillage and longevity are poor, and not worth the cost.

zant
zant

It's not a particularly exciting perfume, nor is it unique by any means, but it is a nicely done fruity white floral. I was handed a card with some sprayed on as I walked out of Saks, and it smelled so nice that I decided to turn around and walk back in to find out what it was. It would be a nice everyday scent: not too loud, no insane sillage, pretty and unobtrusive.

bvrchi
bvrchi

On my skin I think it's smell a bit similar to Armani Si / Miss Dior EDP and Coco Mademoiselle. I feel chypre floral fruity scent with patchouli and jasmine. so feminine , rich and elegant.

However I just test for 1 time may be I'll test again for sure :D

Marie76
Marie76

This is very nice, sweet, sugary somehow, a sugary white floral. It doesn't project much at all, a very close to the skin scent on me, and, although it doesn't have much character I think it has enough quality to become a modern classic. Very good packaging, it smells as it looks, classy and sweet, would be safe blind buy.

canadianpetite
canadianpetite

Suprised to see this at Sephora so had to try it. I easily detect sweet pea. There is also a bouquet of ylang-ylang and jasmine, but done softly. Very floral, soft, pretty and unoffensive. Good for office or for places where strong perfumes are frowned upon. I love the bottle presentation from the font to the bottle shape and liquid color. I think it is trying to appeal to a huge audience. I like it but there is no special note to distinguish it from a cheaper bottle. Hubby likes but likes Atelier Vanille Insensee better.

One spray on me:
Sillage: close to skin
Longevity: about 4 hours then skin scent

sim0nsalas
sim0nsalas

boring, insulting, ordinary...

It says, "Hey, look at me. I fit in, but please don't stare and try to figure me out, your acceptance is all I want."

All marketing and no follow-through.
A stamped-out designer fragrance for mindless, mass market purchasing.

This is, in true essence, a feminine reflection of what has already happened to most men's fragrances in the last few years. Women have so many amazing choices for scent... this isn't one, it's a commercial.

thatsperf
thatsperf

Very elegant fragrance. I agree with another Fragrantican who said that the perfume had a prominent lychee (litchi) note.

blondeambitioned
blondeambitioned

The similarities to Elie Saab Le Parfum are uncanny, from the shape of the bottle to the name to the same perfumer to the juice... at first spray, Carven Le Parfum is a bouquet of jasmine and hyacinth with a sour twist. The sour note turns sweet and this perfume dries down to a very similar heavy, honeyed orange flower/jasmine combination as Elie Saab. Out of the two I prefer ES, but I do like the playful sour twist of this one. Sillage is good and lasting power is moderate, maybe 4-5 hours max.

giola
giola

So elegant, so French. Not elderly lady French, but young French. Sophisticated with youthful vigour and accessibility.

shellpol
shellpol

Miss Vie Cafe u explained chypre so well. Thanks fr that. This perfume is fast gaining popularity.i would like to have one.

amelie
amelie

Le Parfum Carven shines with femininity and glamour, just perfect for red carpet. Carven Le Parfum put together past and future; yeah, it's a bit retro, but still enough modern chypre that could appeal to many. My eyes are wide open with hyacinth, apricot, sandalwood... has the strength of Coco Mademoiselle. Mandarin blossom is quite rare,
edit/ it's musky CM if you can imagine

This is so stylish, a true chypre without being too heavy on the alddhydes. Fresh and elegant, beautiful floral notes , the type of perfume an elegant French woman would wear, I love it! I finished my bottle and will repurchase next spring. Carven had created great scents, thumbs up for this modernized and pretty chypre !! I will add it has good longevity also. .
I will add this is very French indeed, in its simplicity and pretty appeal. I know, I am French.!

JazzBirdSinger
JazzBirdSinger

meh. i thought i would love this after all the reviews. but i am so glad i only have a sample. lots of apricot and sweet pea and then a cloying sticky suffocating white floral. similar to lulu guiness pink pearls but lulus is better.

cherubkiss
cherubkiss

What a beautiful perfume! The jasmine in this perfume is truly authentic. A perfume from late afternoon to evening, very French and as that wow factor. Long lasting and strong, a little goes a long way. well done Carven, one of the best perfumes to be released this year.

violetta12
violetta12

Finally I smelled it at SAKS and did not like it . The opening is nice, the dry down is nothing special, very generic and short lasting. I do not understand all the hype around this perfume, sorry.

AgnesONutter
AgnesONutter

I'm in two minds about this perfume. On the one hand, I do love how my skin smells by the end of the day. What is left after 12 hours or so of wearing is a soft, clean, sweet and soapy sandalwood. The kind of scent that invites you to cuddle up close to the one wearing it, just smelling it happily. If it smelled like this the whole day, it would be a given in my perfume collection, but there is sadly an "on the other hand".

The issue I have with this perfume is that it opens up with a punch in your face clash of strong, sweet but still slightly sour flowers that individually are quite lovely in their own right but together bicker for attention trying to be sweeter and louder than the next, giving you and everyone around you for the hour or so it takes the flowers to settle their disagreement a headache.

Once the burst of loud flowers settle, they do so quite nicely on my skin. There is jasmine, a hint of something slightly sweeter and younger that must be the sweetpeas and just a trace of what my nose insists is apricot and sandalwood. Once the perfume reaches this stage it is lovely. It is everything I wish for in a modern daytime perfume. Clean and sweet, definitely young but grown up at the same time.

To summarise, a very nice, young, modern and sweet floral which would be a wonderful everyday scent if it was not for the fact that a single spray is enough to induce headaches in a whole bus until the flowers have settled down a bit.

yellowmarigolds
yellowmarigolds

The first burst of this reminds me nothing of flowers, but instead of lychee! (Or litchi, as most non-Asian countries have it). It must be something about the apricot and the sweet flowers that gives that fresh, juicy, intensely sweet fruity flavour to the top notes.

As it settles, I can't tell the flowers apart, but I do get the sandalwood and patchouli notes that give it a seductive smoky hint. It remains very sweet, and I can pick out jasmine occasionally.

I'm 22, and I'd pick this for a evening perfume, more than daytime. It's quite a sweet heavy scent, almost headache-inducing, but not quite. I think the patchouli and sandalwood hints give it sophistication and a little bit of sexiness. I like this very much!

LIN
LIN

This one is a "french perfume"! Very feminine and soft, long lasting white fresh floral. I just fell inlove with it from the very first sniff! The bottle reflects very well the fragrance, what you see on the outside is what you get in the bottle. Very lovable scent in my opinion, classy, young, soft, very easy to wear and as i already said, very "french"!

This is really lovely, fresh lively top notes, going to a floral heart, a really French scent, springlike. Feminine. Stylish, going to a warm base, this is haute parfumerie . High quality scent, upper class. Love it!!
The hyacinth is there, with the fresh mandarin behind it, the notes blend in nicely, not one more than the other, a pretty floral perfume, with a bit of a classic edge.

maen
maen

Carven Le Parfum is fresh, floral, very french, young with classy. I really like it.

I can perceive mostly hyacinth at first, mandarine note, then floral bouquet, always in a bright way, super chic. As it developes, nice and not strong sandalwood appears.

Very feminine, enough noticeable and long lasting. Bit sweet, really pretty, it has that innocent girly side, like the ad's girl, and also bit cheeky...

Is easy to wear. It matches very good with the skin.

Perfect in one word.

Carven Le Parfum by Carven 3.45 out of 5 based on 192 ratings and 38 user reviews

Eau De Parfum
Carven 'Le Parfum' Eau de Parfum Rollerball
Carven 'Le Parfum' Eau de Parfum Rollerball
Carven 'Le Parfum' Eau de Parfum Rollerball 0.31 oz
Carven 'Le Parfum' Eau de Parfum Rollerball 0.31 oz
Sephora.com, Inc.
Carven Carven Le Parfum Eau de Parfum Rollerball 0.33 oz Eau de Parfum Rollerball
Parfum 6.66oz
Carven Carven Le Parfum Gel parfum eacute pour le bain et la douche Shower Gel 6.66 oz
Parfum 5oz
Carven 'Le Parfum' Eau de Parfum
Carven 'Le Parfum' Eau de Parfum
Carven Carven Le Parfum Eau de Parfum 3.33 oz Eau de Parfum Spray
Carven Carven Le Parfum Eau de Parfum 3.33 oz Eau de Parfum Spray

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Carven Carven Le Parfum fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Carven Carven Le Parfum, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Carven Le Parfum by Carven. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Carven Le Parfum by Carven represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.