Designers » C » Chypre Floral « Groups

Intrigue Carven for women

Intrigue Carven for women
dislike

Intrigue was created in 1986 as a feminine fragrance of white flowers, green notes, citruses and spices. It opens with bergamot, lemon, tangerine, rose wood and cassis. The heart of jasmine, lily, nutmeg, peach and plum, is wrapped by the base of vetiver, oak moss and vanilla.

Available as EDT.

Bergamot Amalfi Lemon Tangerine Cassis

Jasmine Nutmeg Peach Lily Plum

vetyver oak moss Vanille

Intrigue Fragrance Reviews

teri37
teri37

I used that one today and i feel like a granny.The smell is very heavy and definitely not my taste.

truffles
truffles

Received a cellophaned 30ml bottle of this today. Hmm...
There is a very definite cloud of mustiness/mouldiness in Intrigue. I thought the frag sounded lovely from reading about it on here so that's taken me by surprise.
Looking at the notes above, I can't work out what this quality is coming from as it is there from the start and doesn't match any of the given top notes unless it's the vetiver and I'm unwittingly just not that familiar with vetiver?
There IS a lovely 'sparkly earth' (weird I know but that's how it smells to me!) smell within the aforementioned cloud, but you have to put your nose up to your skin and sniff and snuffle like an animal through the must and fust to get to it!
That's the experience from smelling it on my hand anyway, I haven't tried wearing Intrigue properly yet but that overbearing - and I'm sorry but I'm going to say it - 'old womanish'(and that's coming from me, Granny Supreme!) cloud is somewhat putting me off doing so.. The bottle is cheap looking and disappointing also, nothing like the one shown above.
To be continued..
DAY 2: Eyup, one of me balloons has gone again, must be the 'old woman' comment, oh well! (about 90-odd I'd say).
I took the cap off this this morning to attempt to wear it properly but one sniff and I swiftly replaced it without spraying!
Just an unappealing smell but with a hint of Ma Griffe coming out too this time.
I'll give it another try sometime..
DAY 2, part 2. Well I just held my breath and bravely sprayed some on neck, decollete and wrists tonight and ... I'm not sure if it's my nose, my brain, the perfume or what but it smells COMPLETELY DIFFERENT THAN THE OTHER TIME!!
Not offensive this time and I can't work out if it smells familiar to me because a) there's something about it that IS a lot like that other Carven - Ma Griffe, or b) I smelled Mystere when much younger and am remembering it from then.
I'm getting some citrus in there now, and the lovely 'sparkly' element not being so shy. WHERE HAS THE MUSTY FUSTINESS SUDDENLY DISAPPEARED TO?!
Something VERY strange is going on - this one might just be a grower.
(It reminds me a little bit of Arpege now, especially the way it 'changes' with each wear - and the sparkly element has turned nicely woody.)

MsAmazing
MsAmazing

I just got it. I don't care for the bottle design since the product runs down the bottle. I'll report later what I think of the scent. Right now I'm not enchanted, but I have only had it on for two days.

dlane1953
dlane1953

The shy sister of the chypre family.

I purchased this bottle on a whim; I love Carven's Ma Griffe and thought this might be worth a try. VERY reasonably priced (someone was clearing out excess perfume collection) my expectations were not high but I am pleasantly surprised at how pretty and balanced this little gem is. Nothing overwhelming or outstanding about the fragrance, it's simply a lovely low-key chypre that hits all the right notes without too much fanfare. A pleasant scent to wear for many occasions. This is a lighter chypre, very wearable, very charming. All notes are softened, mellowed; nothing strident or loud here. fairly low sillage, moderate lasting power, about 5 hours. The florals are soft, the fruits are luscious. The best way to descibe the scent is that it exemplifies moderation and balance above all. Lovely; I will definately spritz myself regularly with Intrigue because she is so sweet and adaptable. You grow to respect her reserve and reticence. A very nice addition to my wardrobe. A good daytime scent.

passionata20
passionata20

12. june 2011

This is my first time experience with Carven fragrances in general.

Recieved my 100ml bottle today and tested it (mine is the square 100ml spray bottle with the golden upper part and the massive lid the same as on the picture above EDT 88%alc). When i first sniffed it from the lid it smelled amazing i swear i could smell all the flowers and fruits. Then when i sprayed it on my wrists it quickly transformed into something soapy so i felt a bit dissapointed and thought i would be another EDT version of soapy "Detchema" i have in EDT version but luckily after a while the flowers and fruits were back. Very nice scent actualy, the one that will keep you calm and relaxed. Great for summer and for warmer season in general. It is so complex thet when i first sniff it the soapy note is the first thing i smell, but then all those beutiful notes come from backgound in the first place. I am really glad i have bought it and i might end up buying some more if i can find it for the same reasonable price i did my first one.
I wonder how if it would smell also that nice during autumn, just have to wait and see.
Staying power is modest but this is the perfume you want to keep for yourself, not to impress all others.
Amazing scent anyway!

UPDATE (27.08.2011): I am really loving this perfume and been using it really often. It just gives you sucha frsh and clean feeling and really calms you down on the days when you don´t want to really wear any fragrance at all. It has also since become as my "hangover" day perfume, the same as Bulgari´s "au the rouge". When i wear it i am really happy and well balanced. Definitly will buy more to last me longer time. DO try it if you like a scent with a lot of aldehydes. This is the perfect one!

UPDATE (28.11.2012) Well, the house of Carven became my most favorite since and i have now several bottles of "Intrigue" in EDT and even managed to get a 15ml PARFUM which smell amazing! More concentrated of course and more mature. YOu want to keep EDT for summer warm days but PARFUM is for autumn. I simply love this sooooo much. Sadly to it´s weak lasting power in EDT i have to spray a lot of it and that´s why i need more back up bottles. (sigh)

missveronica9
missveronica9

I bought a small bottle of Intrigue because I generally like Carven scents. On first sniff I thought it was just a run-of-the-mill powdery floral, but today I doused myself liberally and was... well, intrigued! As the notes chart above makes clear, there is plenty of citrus in this scent. Lemony notes blend beautifully with the flowers yet don't produce a typical 'eau de cologne' effect. It's not as overwhelmingly fruity as the notes would suggest, either. It's soft, delicate and very feminine - perfect for warm weather, and probably suitable for an office environment. The downside is that Intrigue is only EDT and the lasting power is a few hours at most.

Naheed, this is a complex green chypre. It is indeed very ladylike and mature. Green chypre without being overwhelming. It keeps good balance.

guest_Neen
guest_Neen

Yes. I have it & love it. I need to get it again coz I'm running out though. I've had it for years. Got it on my 10th birthday.
Its a gorgeous fragrance. Lovely & mature. Not all flowery like most cheaper perfumes.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Carven Intrigue fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Carven Intrigue, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Intrigue by Carven. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Intrigue by Carven represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.