Designers » C » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

L’Eau de Toilette Carven for women

L’Eau de Toilette Carven for women
dislike

L’Eau de Toilette Carven for women Pictures

Carven introduces “younger sister" of the Carven Le Parfum from 2013; its Eau de Toilette version simply called Carven L’Eau de Toilette. Although the two fragrances share a similar name, bottle design and composition concentrated on white flowers (and also share common notes of sweet pea, hyacinth and sandalwood), L’Eau de Toilette is supposedly a completely new fragrance of sweeter undertones which aims at younger audience.

The composition is created by Francis Kurkdjian who described it “like a lightweight piece of clothing…as easy to wear as Le Parfum but made of a different fabric, probably more airy”. The scent is fresh floral - woody – musky, opening with notes of Italian lemon, sweet pea and peony. Freesia, white hyacinth and wisteria form the perfume’s heart, while the base includes sandalwood, blonde woods and musk.

The bottle was designed by Thierry de Baschmakoff. The fragrance is available as 30, 50 and 100 ml Eau de Toilette. L’Eau de Toilette was launched in 2014.

Italian Lemon Sweet Pea Peony

Freesia White Hyacinth Wisteria

Sandalwood White Woods Musk

Cerruti 1881 Fraicheur d`ete

L’Eau de Toilette Fragrance Reviews

Natalia78
Natalia78

Beautiful, crisp, elegant. Plush and reminiscent of a warm summer morning in the flower garden. I am getting a juicy green apple and, surprisingly a pear note too. Unexpected longevity. My new summer favourite.

senalica
senalica

The word that comes to mind regarding this perfume is - "green". Very fresh, for some reason I get apple, green apple... and flowers. Nice perfume, but I do get a slight synthetic feel from it. Maybe it's the green note, which can get a bit too sharp for me. But I must say - the bottle is a work of art! So classic and modern at the same time, the design is amazing in it's simplicity! Beautiful on the outside and fresh on the inside.

diego.lesgart
diego.lesgart

Nothing new in this one, but if you like fresh and tonic fruit water this is nice.

Stella-Maris2
Stella-Maris2

It's unique, as others have said here. I can't put my finger on what the dominant notes are in this fragrance on my skin. Something reminiscent of a mixed fruity alcoholic beverage--almost like grape must, or something like a rum mix, sweet. Vaguely soapy. I don't get much lemon at all. I can pick up a sweet pea note.

It's overpowering at first; hard to ignore for the first hour or two. It settles into a lovely warm scent on my skin, but those first few hours for me are too overwhelmingly sweet.

anitaoolong
anitaoolong

This was a different experience for me with a fresh fragrance and my first from Carven. I received this lovely apothecary-style bottle in a swap via my good swap buddy (thanks RC!).

The first time I sprayed L'Eau De Toilette my son who was sitting across the room said "I don't know what you're wearing but it sure smells good!" He rarely comments on my perfumes, good or bad, so such a compliment from a 12 year old boy certainly bears repeating. He said it smells like strong fresh peach!

Although I don't personally smell it as peach, he's right in a way, because for a lightweight fragrance this has some power! It is super-cooled lemon and light florals, almost as though they've been frozen by liquid nitrogen, leaving them cool and super-dry.

Great for hot and humid weather, where refreshment is a priority. Unfortunately there's something in this that triggers sinus symptoms in my family members so it will have to find a new home.

the_new_esta
the_new_esta

For some reason this one and the original just satisfy me so well! I read someone say it smells like a musky old wardrobe.

It does! The original more so. This one is lighter and as such I think more date-appropriate. I got it with the moisturizer as well and I think I prefer how the scent lasts with that. It's unique but not so different that it's offensive. I love it and I love the cute bottles!

It reminds me of the scent of barberry candies.
Super ozonic, aquatic fresh scent. Notes are quite floral, but in a light way. Peony and freesia are the most dominant notes, there's also a hint of citrus.
Not something I would appreciate, because I'm into warm, sweet fragrances, but not the worst one either.

bfrasier68
bfrasier68

Soft, pretty floral. It's in heavy rotation during the work week. Where I live it gets to be over 100 degrees for more parts of the year than I care for. This is a fragrance that I can wear when the weather's that unforgiving without worrying that my scent is going to cook into something that smells too strong and offensive. Since I love having pretty things on my dressing table, I also appreciate the simplicity and elegance of this apothecary-like bottle.

because of the color of bottle I thought it should have got lots of citruses, but I was wrong.I smell something like fresh pear in this perfume. it's mixed with a bouquet of violet flowers which make it both exotic and powdery. nice one, but I think they've made a mistake by putting it in a green bottle, it needs a lilac bottle to represent its personality. also no complain about long lasting power and sillage.

OTA Mom
OTA Mom

Pleasant lightweight floral with green and citrus notes in the vein of D&G "Dolce"

Liebetx
Liebetx

Vacationing in Arizona, I stepped into Nordstrom with some time to kill. I was waiting for my sales lady to decant some samples for me when I smelled the most clean, perfect summer scent being sprayed by another sales person. Not my usual favorite notes but it works in the Arizona dry heat. It's just so fresh.
It reminds me of how the Arizona desert smells at night; like ozone, desert jasmine and a some kind of sweet melon or pear.
Not sure how it will translate once I return to humid weather but for now, it's a win.

jacmac
jacmac

Fresh, floral, green, no bitterness and easy to wear. Reminds me of Chanel Chance Eau Fraiche but doesn't last as long nor does it have the same luscious and womanly drydown. I get the topnote peony and sweet pea, a delicate and fresh citrus without bitterness probably due to a lack of bergamot, not much depth in the drydown, and then it's gone. More of a skin scent than a perfume. Almost regretting getting a big bottle as I have to drown in it for it to last and wondering if I should have gotten a big bottle of Chanel Chance Eau Fraiche instead, Versace Eros pour Femme or Bvlgari Crystalline which it reminds me of...

rhaineclayton
rhaineclayton

David Jones in Sydney has this on sale - 30ml $30, 50ml $40, 50ml with body lotion $40 and 100ml for $50.
I bought the 50ml with body lotion.
We are in the middle of winter here so I'm going to save it until the weather warms up.
Reminds me a little bit of Mariah Carey Lollipop Bling (the blue one) but without the cheap musky dry down.

tru4reele
tru4reele

I tested this today at Nordstrom and it smelled so fresh and green. It's on my list to buy. It smells very similar to Dulcé (D&G) in my opinion.

Martaynd
Martaynd

Searching for a spring scent, found it in this. Wanted something, fresh, light, clean, floral with a BIT of sweet and this hit all marks. Passed it over many times since it's launch, as I thought it would be the weaker version of the EDP, which I own and only wear during the cooler months starting in fall. SA at Nordstrom was quick to point out this is a completely different fragrance, despite the same name and same bottle. (Why do they confuse us like that?) They should rename it Le Carven Eau Fraiche. Just bought a rollerball yesterday, 5/24/15. Wearing for first time today. Not sure it will wear well during the heat of the summer months, but could be a very nice bedtime fragrance until next spring rolls around.
( Something in this also reminds me of Bottega Veneta's Essence Aromatique. This one smells more floral and sweet where the BVEA smells more green and aquatic).

I find it refreshing and soothing at the same time. Very pretty fragrance. For me the white florals and citrus seem to be what are prominent. I definitely disagree with it being a woodsy. Wondering about its longevity. May update my review after some time wearing it. Thinking now that I want a full bottle.

Note: although this fragrance has a soft quality about it it is strong upon application. I can see where other reviewer's compare it to a shampoo smell, but there are some shampoo/conditioner smells that I absolutely would love to wear all day. Sometimes you just want to smell fresh and clean and no fuss. This one may fit the bill.

scarletr0se
scarletr0se

As a previous reviewer states this is a very unique fragrance. It is light and airy but there is an edge to it that I don't like -maybe a bit synthetic? Not sure how to describe it. I think this is one of those perfumes that would smell nice on other people but just doesn't suit me. I think it would be nicer on a more mature lady.

nanomira
nanomira

I do not know what makes this perfume so nice but it is nice and it is most unusual as well. I do not recall to ever come across a similar one. It is difficult to describe this perfume because I do not pick up any particular flower note or wood note but all components create a beautiful, mostly woody and musky blend. It is actually something I would have never picked. :) I am not particularly fond of musky scents. Conclusion: it is worth to try because it is interesting but do not buy it without trying it on skin first.

AnnBerg
AnnBerg

Fresh and elegant with white flowers and citrus. The drydown is a bit sweet which gives it a nice touch, lovely fragrance for spring.

cherubkiss
cherubkiss

There is only two words to describe this smell, very beautiful. Highly recommended. It has a freshness about it that reminds you of spring in all its glory. I JUST LOVE IT.

raw umber
raw umber

L'Eau de Toilette by Carven smells like potently fresh and fruity shampoo like Garnier Fructis or the equivalent, combined with very ripe juicy and sweet lychee fruits. Definitely a modern-smelling composition. In fact this perfume would most likely result if you combined the two things I just mentioned. I actually can't detect much else. I'm baffled by all the flowers listed in the notes. This perfume is extremely strong and energizing. Perfect if you want to smell CLEAN like fruity green fresh shampoo all day long.

prettyswag
prettyswag

I love this and want a bottle along the way soon. Soft, fresh ,delicate clean french scent. The parfum version..is a bit strong ,more 1980s dune with a older woman at 70 modern twist. This is better.

Kattmatte
Kattmatte

A very nice and fresh scent, but also a very unobtrusive one.
I prefer my perfume a bit more edgy. But still; this is a very nice everyday scent, that I have received quite a few compliments and appreciating comments on.
I like it, but still this will not be a repeated buy.

lalludo
lalludo

EDT 1 FL OZ
I like this scent because it's a spring combination of flower and woody notes, where lemon provides freshness but no harshness.
I love warm florals and this one is perfect. This scent is all about delicacy and elegance.
At first I smell a bright flowery mix, which is then warmed up a little by my skin, letting sandalwood and light woody notes express, again, gently.
I find it very easy to use, very safe and inoffensive, subtle and elegant.
lasting power: 3 hrs.
sillage: soft.
repurchase: yes.

This is lovely!! Fresh bright green floral, a bit faithful to Le Parfum., more zesty fresh though, a real fresh chypre fragrance, lovely flowers in the background, a slight smell of fresh cut grass, quality throughout!! No room there for any inkling of resemblance to some shampoos!?
This is very French. The Carven class shining through...the floral notes are bright, intensive enough than for an EDT this has very nice longevity!! The hyacinth comes through loud and clear.. The scent opens up nicely, warms up on the skin...love it!!!plus my husband just said it smells lovely!!!

sapphira07
sapphira07

I love this scent! Normally edt's are not strong enough for me, but I was shocked I sprayed this on and although it has light sillage, it lasted for hours - 6+ and I kept getting soft wafts of it. To me its light and airy, green smelling with tons of citrus - I thought it was grapefruits or mandarin. It reminds me a bit of victoria's secret bombshell - the original version. Citrus and fruity, but definitely higher quality and much longer lasting. I prefer this to the Carven Le Pafum. I got samples of both from a recent saks fifth avenue order, and this one is just superb. Definitely not something I would ever imagine myself really like, but I just couldn't stop sniffing myself lol...it evolves and is just lovely.

melancholybaby
melancholybaby

Although the floral notes cover a wide spectrum, what comes to the fore on my skin is an almost fruit-going-bad kind of scent...I quite like this on paper, but did not work on my skin.

Caist
Caist

I prefer this one over the Eau De Parfum which is just a ton of Sweet Pea. This is not offensive, and has a nice youth about it.

It's fresh (I don't know who was calling out notes on here but I think they were just pressing buttons, this is NOT woody at all.) But as a lot of the fragrances being launched, this one just doesn't have that character to it. A very safe fragrance, balanced in it's citrus notes and florals, great time to launch it before spring. Saks will have it exclusivly for a few months I believe.

I wish more perfumers would go out and smell general products such as shampoos, soaps, air freshners, and cleaning products. Because it took me a week to figure out that this smells like a cross between Pantene's hair conditioner and a (Fructice?) shampoo combined..

almarie
almarie

I have a 30ml bottle of Carven Le Parfum and I adore that one so I will be anxious to test this one and hopefully love this one also.

Eau De Toilette 5oz
Carven L'Eau de Toilette 1.66 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
Carven L'Eau de Toilette 1.66 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
Carven L'Eau de Toilette 3.33 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
Carven L'Eau de Toilette 3.33 oz Eau de Toilette Spray

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Carven L’Eau de Toilette fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Carven L’Eau de Toilette, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify L’Eau de Toilette by Carven. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of L’Eau de Toilette by Carven represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.