Designers » C » Oriental Floral « Groups

Castelbajac Castelbajac for women
dislike

almond
nutty
Castelbajac Castelbajac for women Pictures Castelbajac Castelbajac for women Pictures Castelbajac Castelbajac for women Pictures Castelbajac Castelbajac for women Pictures

Castelbajac by Castelbajac is a Oriental Floral fragrance for women. Castelbajac was launched in 2001. The nose behind this fragrance is Maurice Roucel. Top notes are orange blossom and almond; middle notes are cyclamen and lily-of-the-valley; base notes are patchouli, musk, vanilla and cedar.

Orange Blossom Almond

Cyclamen Lily-of-the-Valley

Patchouli Musk Vanilla Cedar

Castelbajac Fragrance Reviews

sensuous@midnight
sensuous@midnight

people are going to throw stones at me for that but...this is the worst perfume I have ever smelled. it smells like industrial toilet detergent, it is so chemical, so harsh, all notes in here are violently synthetic. to me it is like a worse version of Reminiscence MiFa, which was way too chemical for me as well. I don't understand the fuzz that is made around this perfume, prices on eBay reach a hundred euros for a bottle!!! as an other member said,either you love it or you hate it. I just cannot love it...

ciot
ciot

I love this perfum, I wear it for sevral years, its me :)
i discoverd it sinds the beginning, i walked into a store and needed something else, so i took two samples of perfume, broght it home, and tested them, i went back and started my adiction on this scrent,

its a shame they took it out of production :(
but lucky i have still stock from it so i wont run out, i finaly changed my perfume when they did discontinu it,, even i have some bottles left, i alwys grab back on it..

the sweet almont it starts with that,, strong and sweet, than it goes smoother, lily-of-the-valley i smell them try the day time, together with the patchouli and vanille combined with the cedar, the musk i wont trace back.
for me its soft but last all day on me, elegant, and very sensual,
love it

Q80
Q80

oh my... now i see you u delicious juice.

this perfume smells EXACTLY like the almond sorbet (we call it Sharbat bethan شربت بيذان) or as in English is called "orgeat". it is an Indian drink consists mostly of almonds with sugar and a bit of milk as far as i know, so it's a sorbet after all. each time i used it i smell the almonds sorbet as if i am tasting it.
it is good after all and a very new and rare to find perfumes.

JNINE1
JNINE1

Discovered this perfume in sanfrancisco 11 yrs ago. Love it! Only wear for special occasions. Almost out, require more. Live in canada. Where can I purchase?

Shtefitza
Shtefitza

Persefoni, Thank you so much for reminding me of this one! This was most unusual and unique perfume! Sweet, spicey, comforting, edgy. I got to try this again!! :)

persefoni
persefoni

..how did i end up buying it, God only knows... i was influenced by its originality and i overlooked its harshness...

A metallic, ill smell, headache inducing and neither masculine nor feminine - rather industrial... if not, probably very artificial... bad bad smell.. it strongly reminds me of In the mood for love by Gianfranco Ferre, although they share no common notes.. It has a soapy dry down, that in my view, fails to save the day...

All in all, one of the worst perfumes i've sprayed on me.....

judyk
judyk

Found a new 5ml bottle of Castelbajac on eBay!

Maraschino cherries and sharp flowers! And thank goodness for their sharpness or it would be too sweet to wear.

I love the combination, although I must say the components smell very artificial to me. I had to laugh, but when it dried down it smelt just like Houbigant Lutece, an old favourite of mine.

Cheesey90
Cheesey90

Does anyone know where I can find reamining bottles of this perfume?

ingrid.ribelli.7
ingrid.ribelli.7

Where to find this perfume? I live in Europe.

Ingrid

Valeria19
Valeria19

I have, but unfortunately I could not adapt. The output is very strong soapy for me, it bothers me too.
Even coming after the sweetness of the almond, the smell of the output is still bothering me!
I want to get rid of it!

D_D_T_L_V
D_D_T_L_V

The Red bottle, and nothing but. Marzipan, mildly sweet marzipan with a hint of orange zest. So tender, innocent, refreshing, beautiful!
It reminds me of the marzipan my father and I had in Toledo while on vacation there in 1999. It is the best Marzipan in the world.
I can't find this fragrance anywhere. the clear pink glass bottle doesn't smell the same...

bobkat
bobkat

I absolutely love this fragrance, but can't get it anywhere (except ebay, for a right old price!). First found it nearly 10 years ago on a trip to Belgium- despite the language difficulties and the bizarre numbered ticket purchase method of the store in question- managed to buy it. Loved it so much! Managed to pick some up a couple of years later in Paris..then the trail went dead.
It is an acquired taste, warm and comforting like almond marzipan (an exboyfriend said it made me smell like Christmas cake- in a good way!)
Would love to get my hands on some again, but am very doubtful of that possibility...sad.

aristouka
aristouka

almonds all the way! for those who love the smell of almond in a perfume that lasts......

What a weird weird fragrance!
I didn't know it has been discontinued. Actually I just discovered it accidentally in one place 20km from me. They still have one or two bottles maybe.
Well, I like this one. It's not probably a perfume I would wear constantly for myself, so FB is not coming to my closet now, but it's a very interesting scent!
It's so different from all the weeny-weeny-love-this-dream-that that is fashionable now.
This is a Mr.Perfume! You may like it or not, but it's hard that it doesn't make any impression.
On first smell I was dragged back to my childhood and I don't know exactly why! All reviewers here talk about almond... well, it has almond, but the whole composition is not all about almond. It smells much more complicated than that.
It's very powerful and very very longlasting. My perfumed card is still lingering after 2 weeks!
It has a very strange smell of canphor mothballs that my mother used to put into wardrobes. Ok, this is not usually a good point in a fragrance! Anyway, here it is different. It's a beautiful note that smells more like canphored incense, the type that are used in Hindu temples.
Lily-of-the-valley, patchouli and cedarwood are most prominent, vanilla is not. Not a cake sweetish scent in any way! All notes are so blended together that you really need to smell with lot of attention to point them out.
This is a very different and original scent, both modern and old.
The bottle and box is beautiful, even if a little too modern for my kind.
I recommend not to skip this one if you have a chance to smell it. Not an easy blind buy for sure.

jaa456
jaa456

One of my favorite perfumes. So sad that its discontinued. It smells like fresh warm almonds. I love wearing this to bed.

delphine67
delphine67

Smells like the glue wheve used in kindergarden

sheridanellis
sheridanellis

I purchased this on the advice of a perfumer at a Seattle perfume store and wish I had not. It is not an offensive smell at all, just not what I want to smell like. I got: almond, almond, almond, a bit of vanilla and musk and then almond, and more almond. If you like almond scents, which are rather hard to find as a dominant noted parfum, try Castelbajac. You may love it. The bottle looks like a grenade and has this funky cool silver metal cord that you pull to make the spray device turn either on or off. Very different than anything I have ever tried. I sold it on Ebay, or I would have gave it to those who are mad for it! If you like this, try GF by Giovanni Ferre. They are similar minus the coconut and floral of GF which is a bit more complex and longer lasting.

This one didn't work for me. It started as a nice faint almond scent with hints of floral, but rapidly faded into a sweet/sharp almost candy-like mix that was somehow very unpleasant. I usually like the sweet/tart candy scents but this one doesn't sit well on me and smells like it was put together incorrectly. Not a hit.

I am absolutely in LOVE with this fragrance..I happen to love marzipan..I always thought that I could smell cherry..hmmm.

Tarya
Tarya

Good friend of mine. Pleasant and sweet scent, with obvious marzipan note.
I'm not a big fan of marzipan, but dispite of this I love this scent. Very unique, modern. Laidback. More friendly than sensuous or sexy.

sky76sky
sky76sky

Mellybee - this is the best description of Castelbajac :)

I was wearing this while making a honey-roast ham & was transfixed about how well the scents played together!
Away from the ham, the sweet almond/gammony scent lingered, but not in a bad way at all. It is a very edible, warm scent. It is so much more than marzipan, but you need to give it time to develop.

On another note, I also found drinking a hot cup of Lapsang Suchong whilst wearing Chanel Antaeus to be very enjoyable...& I noticed how well it went with Euthymol toothpaste, too! How bizarre!

mellybee
mellybee

To be honest I've got a bit weird association with this fragrance. In the opening there is a sweet delicious marzipan, but suddenly I am back in my childhood. We are roaming the countryside with other kids, discovering the neighborhood, peeping in through the windows of the houses, and there is what I feel in this perfume. A larder. First I behold lots of gammon and surprisingly I firmly smell the gammon in this perfume. Later I notice that there are some jars of home made apricot jam in the other corner of the larder and I can smell them too. Bizarre collusion of the notes with my skin chemistry which misleads my nose.

aazanya
aazanya

Very special. Extraordinary. Love it or hate it. I just love it, for me it smells a bit herby at the beginning, but then it becomes almond in the blossom bouquet.. I want it.

breitlingsson
breitlingsson

smells like almonds, very classy. i love it

2007

Castelbajac by Castelbajac 3.83 out of 5 based on 85 ratings and 24 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Castelbajac Castelbajac fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Castelbajac Castelbajac, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Castelbajac by Castelbajac. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Castelbajac by Castelbajac represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.