Designers » C » Woody Spicy « Groups

Aura of Patchouli Caswell Massey for men

Aura of Patchouli Caswell Massey for men
dislike

This is a spicy fragrance suitable for a man of adventure or mystery, which can also be used by women. Herbaceous and woody notes evoke a sense of hidden depths and faraway lands.

It is available as 100 ml eau de cologne, soap, talc and soap.

Patchouli Green Notes Spices

Aura of Patchouli Fragrance Reviews

kathy gross
kathy gross

I see that you have this Aura of Patchouli.
I want to buy it.
The web site doesn't seem to allow me to do that.
Kathy Gross

bmw385
bmw385

Aura of Patchouli is one of the most wonderful fragrances for both men and women. Unfortunately, Caswell Massey was purchased by outside buyers with absolutely no knowledge of fragrances. Aura of Patchouli's formula was changed practically overnight, the eau de toilette, which was incredibly long lasting, was replaced by cologne and the scent went from being fabulous to insipid. For those of you who remember patchouli oil from the sixties and seventies, this is not it! This particular patchouli scent was herbal, green and pungent with just a hint of smokiness. It really is hard to describe! I can't tell you the number of people, particularly women, who asked me what kind of perfume I was wearing. My last bottle is nearly finished and I'm hoping to find another patchouli scent similar to this one.

shamus1
shamus1

The name says it all: it's patchouli. There are subtle dry wood notes blended into this, to make the patchouli smell dry, clean and sharp.

There is no sweetness whatsoever in Aura of Patchouli, and some people might not like it due to its starkness. It's both clean and very earthy, which is unusual. It smells like an old time barbershop aftershave.

I think this is a very good straight patchouli scent. If you don't love patchouli, don't waste your time, even though it's not brutal like Santa Maria Novella's Patchouli.

My only criticism is that Caswell-Massey chose mediocre quality patchouli for this scent. I can tell the oil wasn't aged for very long - instead of a dark, rich patchouli oil, this is thin, woody and scratchy smelling. I still love it, though.

MY RATING: 8/10

Aura of Patchouli by Caswell Massey 3.60 out of 5 based on 5 ratings and 3 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Caswell Massey Aura of Patchouli fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Caswell Massey Aura of Patchouli, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Aura of Patchouli by Caswell Massey. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Aura of Patchouli by Caswell Massey represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

Aramis Aramis Tauer Perfumes 02 L`Air du Desert Marocain Nez a Nez Foret de Becharre Lubin Idole Eau de Parfum Lubin Idole Kenzo Tokyo by Kenzo By Kilian Straight to Heaven Dasein Winter O`Driu Linfedele Haiku British Sterling Cologne British Sterling Boadicea the Victorious Agarwood Collection Inquisitive Le Galion Sortilege Sebastiane Immortal Meadow Game of Thrones Fire and Blood Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes DEV #1: Foreplay Loree Rodkin Gothic I Serge Lutens Laine de Verre Andrea Maack Coal Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes Blackbird Jo Malone 154 Cologne