Designers » C » Chypre « Groups

Deneuve Catherine Deneuve for women

Deneuve Catherine Deneuve for women
dislike

Deneuve Catherine Deneuve for women Pictures Deneuve Catherine Deneuve for women Pictures

Catherine Deneuve launched her own fragrance, named “Deneuve” in 1986. She herself chose the design, the packaging, the advert and the notes of the composition. The chypre fragrance was made in cooperation with AVON Professional. It won the FiFi award in 1987.

Galbanum Bergamot Aldehydes Green Notes Neroli Basil

Azuree Pure

Deneuve Fragrance Reviews

therealpaloma54
therealpaloma54

Deneuve was a wonderful, complex rich floral perfume, with many green notes in it and a woody cedary drydown. Had it had a bit less cedar, I would have stockpiled it! For those of you disconsolate over its unavailability, you might like to try Balmain's Ivoire, assuming that one is available. Ivoire isn't quite as richly floral, but in other ways it is very similar.

wistfulmaiden
wistfulmaiden

I would love to find this fragrance simply because I love Ms Deneuve! Will begin searching...
edit: I found some samples of this and its really unique, it has a very opulent sense like Opium but not spicy, definitely chypre. Though Avon made it originally it has the feel of an Estee lauder. It has good staying power. Its not like modern celeb fragrances in that its not candy, its slightly but its very French and classy. It has civet listed but thankfully doesn't make me sneeze :)
Not like anything else Ive smelled!

sdpb
sdpb

This is a magic perfume! Yes, many people asked me what the lovely fragrance was that I was wearing. I had all the products--parfum, eau de parfum, the dusting powder, the body creme, body lotion, even a deodorant (which, I must confess, I used as a fragrance when my parfum ran out!). My absolute favorite was the body oil veil--so long lasting! I truly miss this perfume. Kudos to Smile4theCamera for contacting Ms. Deneuve. It is probably a very involved story behind the stoppage of this fragrance. I have seen many boards like this one where it consistently receives rave reviews. And the prices of even the smallest of amounts on eBay! If there is any glimmer of hope to re-release this perfume, please let me know. Merci!

SadieBluesLady
SadieBluesLady

Yes, unfortunately edt does degrade easily and quickly. But the samples that are for sale in Ebay are parfum! Not edt, not edp, but the real thing! I couldn't believe my luck when I found 4 sample vials at a very reasonable price!

I love this stuff! I did not know until recently that I have a high regard for chypres!

Charlene

Carlycakes
Carlycakes

Could someone please tell me what the "knock off" is called and where it can be purchased??? I feel like I am missing out on something here...

idiosyncratic
idiosyncratic

I have had the same reaction as many others here - whenever I wore it, people always asked me what I was wearing, because it was SO beautiful. It was terribly marketed in the US - as some kind of independent, free-spirited, spunky woman's fragrance (like Charlie, or some other classless, cheap scent), rather than the deep, warm, sophisticated, intensely feminine scent that it was. Such a pity. I have never found anything to match it. My favourite fagrance now is Montale's Aoud Velvet, but it is simply not the same.

smile4thecamera
smile4thecamera

This was my signature scent for years. And then it was just gone... I've been trying to find something similar for a long, long time. I even wrote to Catherine and begged her to bring it back! "That's not likely to happen" she said. Well boo-hoo! I have a tiny vial which I only wear for very special occasions now. Oh how I would love to wear it everyday again!

I wasn't sure what to expect from a perfume that in my mind, was supposed to live up to the epitome of French elegance and class herself. Now that I've smelled it, it makes sense. It is a lovely fragrance. This is a scent you can wear forever. There is nothing trendy here - no berries, no coconut, no candy notes, just pure classic sophistication. I detect mostly woods and green notes and some subtle florals. This is not girly, this is womanly. This is not for your silly moods, or when you're lounging around the house in your yoga pants. This is for when you want to make an impression, be taken seriously, or project an air of intelligence and mystery. Can a perfume do all that? I think so. I wouldn't mind having a bottle of this.

passionata20
passionata20

This review is for pure perfume concentration.

This fragrance is real class!!! very good chypre i must say, i am not fond of chypres, but this one is good indeed! Quite spicy and sharp at the opening with nicely blended green notes and basil it settles down into something refined and classy after a while. This is mature and grown-up chypre with a lot of moss and wood notes at the drydown. I don´t get any rose inbetween, no hyacint, but more of the violet. The rose is noticeble in the drydown but very slightly.
Sillage is GREAT, and lasting power is GREAT. As for me i think i really need to grow up still to use this one, maybe after a couple of years i will be mature enough to wear this. At the moment i will wear it only on special rare occasions preferrably on colder time of the year. A perfect haircut, expensive suit or strict dress and bold jewerly highly required to wear with it.
Definitly a keeper!!!

If anyone has a full size bottle of this fragrance in parfum or EDT, i would love to get my hands on it as a backup for my bottle.

abanks
abanks

Deneuve was ALL I wore for years and it was lovely! EVERYONE would ask what lovely scent I was wearing. I do wish she would bring it back; I understand it was US tax problems that caused Ms. Deneuve to remove it from USA. There's absolutely NOTHING like it but someone please tell me if there is a scent close to it.
southerngirl

guest_nofert
guest_nofert

In the eighties I got as apresent the parfum Catherine deneuve from my aunt who lived in the USA.Does anybody know where i can buy the parfum here in europe .My email adress is hackmanncora@gmail.com Bye an thanks

guest_Deneuve
guest_Deneuve

I wore Deneuve since the 80's and always had people ask me what wonderful perfume I was wearing. I found a fragrance from "Parfumelle" in Fort Worth,Tx named L'Amour De Catherine which smells exactly the same a Deneuve on me. I get the same response when I wear it. It lasts forever and available. I had spent two years searching for Deneuve and finally found someone who sent me the Parfumelle. It would be wonderful if this fragrance, soaps and powders was revived.
A friend of mine tried to wear Deneuve an it just wasn't the same on her. It is all about the Chemistry. I wore Impreveu until it was discontinued then I was lucky enough to find Deneuve. Now I have found Parfumelle. I will look forward to trying Diva but for now will continue to use L'Amour De Catherine. JoAnn

NebraskaLovesScent
NebraskaLovesScent

Thank you, Kterhark, for enabling me to try this much-beloved scent.

I like Deneuve (parfum), but I agree that it has that "hairspray" note I find in a lot of older fragrances, especially greens and chypres. (Anybody know what that is? Is it supposed to be there or has some note in these older fragrances gone off?)

After the hairspray dissolved, Deneuve reminded me very much of two other chypre scents which I have owned or currently own: Diva (which I loved but found unwearable on my skin), and Jacomo Parfum Rare.

Deneuve was certainly beautiful and long-lasting. It has green notes and floral aldehydes, with just a hint of sweetness, drying down to a true mossy-animalic base.

Given the similarity and affordability of the other two scents Deneuve resembles, especially Diva, I know now there is no need to run, run, run to ebay to pay ridiculous prices for a tiny bottle of Deneuve.

(I will likely continue to walk, walk, walk to the antique store and thrift store and will snatch up a bottle of Deneuve if it turns up at a good price.)

Kterhark

Ever since I tried the knock off of this i've been wanting to try the original.

Sadly, i'm not digging this too much. maybe i'm having a bad perfume day, but this is smells very strongly of hairspray on me. outdated sample? Perhaps.

Take away: if you find a bottle on ebay, exercise caution before buying blind.

Sissi
Sissi

Bon Vivant to Mme Deneuve for this Lovely
Perfume this fragrance brings out her Personalty Cool refined elegant worldly
sophisticated and French.
Mrs Deneuve the Legendary screen goddess
released her only fragrance Deneuve in 1986 the top notes first applied to my skin is an hearty note of greens crisp and bright with the coolly sophistication of Aldehyde; the heart notes dries to a scent of dry muguet
Rose for an Powdery texture and grounded
Orris for an earthy feel.

I do smell a pervasive amount of Jasmine
but the drydown is a bit oily but nice
with Warm dry Sandalwood with a deep
woodsy note of Oak moss musk for an masculine appeal and civet which i don't
think it should be in this perfume but it is.

I love Catherine Deneuve she brings French Elegance and Womanhood to the screen.

guest_Da Deneuve
guest_Da Deneuve

I wore this perfume for years! It was (and still is) my favorite. I miss not being able to get it any longer. Unfortunately, if you can still find it...it won't smell the same because it's old. Perfume's and Cologne's generally only last about a year...then they start to smell different. What a shame Katherine doesn't see the high demand for her fragrance!!!

fotolux
fotolux

Green notes, Galbanum, Bergamot, Neroli, Basil, Aldehyde .

Rose, Muguet, Jasmin, Orris, Ylang-Ylang, Violet, Hyacinth .

Moss, Musk, Cedarwood, Sandal, Civet .

(Imitation review)
My review is of a perfumer's (DSH Perfumes) recreation of this scent, based on natural ingredients/high quality oils that best imitate the original.

While i've never smelled the original, I have to say I LOVE this version. I was told that this contains Bulgarian Rose in the middle notes, and this is my favorite phase. The opening (Bergamot, maybe aldehydes? I forget the rest) is really gorgeous. Not so flowery that it offends, kind of has an oriental twist to it, a more 'earthy' floral opening.

Can be bought in oil or EDP, and I bought the EDP version, which wears close to the body. Very lovely, and I'll be refilling my bottle on this one.

I also bought this BEAUTIFUL perfume and I loved it!I was always getting the "pardon me, but what is the beautiful fragrance you are wearing" question at my office.I bought 6 bottles and am down to the last 1/4 inch of my last bottle.BRING IT BACK!Women and men will line up for this.Every woman feels beautiful when she wears it and every man wants his woman to wear it!!

tanya_g
tanya_g

Does anyone know of a fragrance that is similar to Deneuve? Is it still being produced? It is the best fragrance!

ellis14
ellis14

Well I can say that I have discovered the most exquisite perfume of all time. More than two decades ago I was in a department store in Waterford, CT. There was this lovely perfume called Deneuve. I bought a bottle, went back and bought ten more, went back a few months later and bought 15 more and haven't been able to find it since. Today my daughter pointed me to several websites that have it. I searched high and low, New York to California, Paris to Nice, Milan to Sicily, Germany to Vienna, Rome to Madrid, Porto Alegre to Amazonas, and Joao Pessoa to Rio de Janeiro and always was a purchase away from the last bottle. I have been stopped by men around the world who say, "Miss, I am not being forward, but you smell heavenly." Always when this happened, I was wearing Deneuve. I found a few vials in Los Angeles and have hoarded it for special occasions since finding those at the Beverly Hill Perfumery. They were quite expensive but with this smell, and when I hit the lottery, I will buy all that I can find. I even learned to extend the fragrance with a "musk oil" (pure) that I dare not mention the name of, so that only I can, with my chemistry, recreate this fragrance. What is the distribution problem in the U. S? Anyway, for the most "heavenly" perfume of all times, try to find some Deneuve. I imagine it must mimic angel dust. You cannot duplicate the smell anywhere. Wish I could distribute it here in the US. It could turn this recession into quick upturn in the economy. You will never forget it and will search high and low for it forever. Liberte! Egalite! Deneuve!

FUELedbyCHAOS
FUELedbyCHAOS

My best gal-pal wore this in high school. I bought and cherish still the .25 oz parfum I have. Truly a unique, elegant and seductive fragrance.

PerfumeEmpress
PerfumeEmpress

Oh, the memories! I think this came out in the 80s (like most great perfumes). Anyway, being the perfume junkie that I am, I had to have it. It is a very elegant scent. Like the woman who inspired it. I wish I could find it again.

Deneuve by Catherine Deneuve 4.50 out of 5 based on 68 ratings and 23 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Catherine Deneuve Deneuve fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Catherine Deneuve Deneuve, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Deneuve by Catherine Deneuve. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Deneuve by Catherine Deneuve represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.