Designers » C » Floral Fruity « Groups

Celine Celine for women

Celine Celine for women
dislike

Celine Celine for women Pictures

Celine is a perky floral-fruity fragrance. The top notes contain violet leaves, red pepper, black currant, bergamot, melon. The heart encompasses magnolia, freesia, iris, May rose. The base includes sandalwood, labdanum, cedar, musk, amber, vanilla and incense. It was launched in 2001.

The perfume was created by Christine Plos and Jean Guichard, while Thierry de Baschmakoff was in charge of the bottle. The perfume is available in the amount of 50ml edp, 30, 50 and 100 ml edt. Celine was created by Christiane Plos and Jean Guichard.

Black Currant Violet Leaf Red Berries Pear Bergamot

Magnolia iris Freesia Jasmine

Labdanum Sandalwood Vanilla Incense Ambergris

J`adore
Tempore Donna

Celine Fragrance Reviews

FunkyTomo
FunkyTomo

This had sat on my shelf for a year , unopened and untested. A mini I bought in my fave local make up/perfume bargain shop for just £1. I have been wearing heavy orientals all winter, and have grown tired of them and the cold weather! Needed something that says "spring is on the way" and inoffensive to others , to wear today for a meal out with a friend and their elderly parents who Id not yet met before. I really didnt want to overpower them with my Angels , Poisons and the like and possibly put them off their sunday lunch :).

So, tested this on one wrist and a previously hated avon "today tomorrow diamonds" on the other. Liked this one so much and with it only being a mini, I decided to save it for the weekend instead :). It really is a perfect happy "springlike" scent. Fresh and floral, yes there are fruits but they are subtle and natural smelling to my nose. I wouldnt of guessed it came under the "fruity floral" category until checking out this page. It smells a classy, well made fragrance to me, and not at all like some of the synthetic cheap cloying over-sweet fruity florals on the market. I can definitley detect the melon, blackcurrant, pepper and fresh springlike magnolia and Iris. Very pleased with this little bottle of happiness that I had forgot i even owned. Lovely surprise.

The silage and longlevity are only average , i would prefer it a little stronger. The box is long gone but im guessing I have the EDT. Im dissapointed to read that this is yet another discontinued/hard to find fragrance. If im lucky my bargain perfume shop in town will still have some of these minis in stock. Going there Tues so will stock up , at £1 a mini it would be rude not too!

Wore the Avon for my meal out in the end. Saving this one for "best". Ive got this on my wrist as I type and it is a great little springlike mood lifter of a perfume that smells expensive/luxury/quality as one would expect from a designer house.

A very well done scent indeed. Id of put it as a floral green rather than floral fruity, but whatever its categorised as , its a good scent.

HB-C
HB-C

I tested the EDT version of this and it lasted a grand total of about 30 minutes on my skin. At first spray it reminds me of a cocktail but then it just fades away to nothing rather than developing.

This perfume has to be bought in Eau de parfum concentration. It's quite different as an eau de toilette.

blacktaffeta
blacktaffeta

Euch. How very disappointing, especially as Action and passionata both love this one and I respect their taste!

The melon is huge, the topnotes sour, it smells cheap and synthetic to me - and then I washed it off.

I was very hopeful after this was compared with Allure and J'Adore, but I have to say the quality is nothing like those.

What a shame!

jasmine.amsterdam
jasmine.amsterdam

i had it a few years ago. i used to recieved a lots of compliments, a few women told me : u have such a good smell, i want to eat you. (i used to take a shower with Johnson& Jhonson milk bath) it is impact the smell of perfue and of course personal smell, body's acidity... so then i couldn't find that perfume no where - then i've been told that stop create that perfume. i find it in a little stores. then was a time i invite him - i felt like vomiting feeling... i noticed the perfume became too yeloow like pee color - so maybe it becomes out f order.
so i still have it,but suddenly i don't like it.
Jhonsson milk bath - down of shelfs...
I start use - The one (D&G), standahl noir (black+white) and Allure (chanel), mademoiselle (now main perfume).

Thank you soo much for adding the notes Passionata! This masterpiece deserves a complete list of notes, so we can see how complex this beauty really is!!

passionata20

I would like to add this as a review that the notes listed on the tester bottle i got as a bonus to my purchase of the same fragrance seem to be a bit different than listed here.

TOP NOTES: red pepper, violet leaves, bergamot, water fruits, black currant.

HEART NOTES: Claire Jacquier rose scentreck (whatever it is), magnolia, freesia, sheer jasmine, white peach, may rose, iris.

BASE NOTES: sandal wood, incense, cedar wood, musk, amber, vanilla.

Maybe the notes listed are bit different for EDt and EDP, but what i have is a EDP version.

passionata20

I guess i just have found a perfect summer fragrance for myself! Bought it today the last 50ml bottle that i could find in my town in EDP concentration for discounted price and also got a almost full tester bottle of it as a bonus for free, so it was almost 2 for 1!!! And i really think i should buy more but it is really hard to find, even on ebay!
It does reminds me of Jadore EDP (original formula, not reformulated one) in someway, but to me it smells better than Jadore with more intense notes that sparkle! It is so refreshing and joyful! Lasting power is also good. I have tried also EDT version but didn´t like it as much.
Fresia is indeed very dominanting with black currant in very pleasant way. It has actually character to me, which Jadore lacks sadly.
It also reminds me a bit of Chanel´s "Allure" as well (not as a scent composition but the same direction) but with more citrus feeling than "Allure"has.
Opens up bit on a sweet side, but then turns into sweet-fresh fizzy scent. I am very much satisfied with my purchase.

UPDATE (Some years later, 2013) i have managed to try the EDT of the same fragrance as well and i can understand the dissapointmnet of some users with this scent, since EDT smells quite different from EDP and for worse i must admit. I feel so lucky to have a very rare EDP bottles of this great scent. If you see EDP of this fragrance, then grab it, it is very rare and even if you will not like it as much as some of us do, you will be able to sell it anyway! My review was for EDP.

lara0905
lara0905

I got the sample as a gift, when I bought one of my perfum in the perfumery.
When I spritzed to my wrist, it was a bit harsh, but I felt the fruits in it.After it turned into a warm,smokey,a bit bitter but gentle ambery floral scent.
It,s a nice fragrance, very feminin and good for any occaisons, but not for me..

P.s:
After a few hours(2-3) it's transformed to a light powdery sweetness and just faded away.

ashahsaidin
ashahsaidin

sophisticated n perfect...

Mad-Lainey
Mad-Lainey

Celine by Celine EDP is a very soothing fragrance. To me, it is a mix of Il Bacio by Borghese and the opening brings a little bit of a salty note, like L de Lempicka.
Very much unexpected opening yet very pleasant!
Celine is in no way sweet as the olfactive group may suggest - it is only slightly fruity but refreshingly rather than sweet fruity and with that gentle green echo, it would be more appropriate to consider it floral green :-)
Celine would make a great fragrance for office wear (elegant and noticeable yet inoffensive) as well as a shopping afternoon. It will bring your loads of fresh whiffs on a windy day!
I personally adore it, Celine has great lasting power and more than decent silage.
And it has a lovely bottle as well!
I could not find an EDP version anywhere and thanks to my Fragrantica Sister I am a thrilled owner of Celine!
Highly recommended for floral green lovers!

hanipg
hanipg

Light light jadore version..

twillocks
twillocks

Not so much it reminds me of 5th Ave by EA.

TankGirl
TankGirl

Very similar to Jadore, its also a very feminine perfume, very joyfull and happy, I like it a lot and I think its perfect for spring time and summer. It fits all the occasions!
It opens with a fresh blast of pear and then develops to a powdery but still humid freesia and magnolia, very very pretty :)

Singabera
Singabera

It's very feminine perfume, more floral and powdery then fruity. Really reminds me Allure...
It's not extraordinary, but very pleasant, casual, calm and beautiful. Going to wear it in spring...

galex
galex

I agree with Nat13. I've bought blind a small bottle at TKMaxx. Nothing special. Can't detect any of the ingredients.

Nat13
Nat13

I got a mini of this thrown in free with another purchase, ... and free is the only way I would have it.

It is a pleasant enough floral, tho so blended a bouquet I can't distinguish a note in particular until in the dry down where the creamy vanilla kicks in.

Nothing about it stands out tho, safe, boring, not something I'd drop money on.

Well, Kastehelmi if you are reffering to the vial I sent you to try, the EDP is indeed very strong (therefor my ultimate favorite!). The EDT version comes VERY VERY close to J'ADore in terms of softness. Without the typical J'Adore note, that turns me of ..
:-)

Amarilia
Amarilia

I purchased this today blind and unsniffed, found few bottles abandoned on a discount shelf. What a nice fragrance it is. The scent was somehow familiar, and it reminds me very much of Chanel Allure, but a lot more subtle and less powdery. I really enjoy the delicate magnolia,jasmine and vanill-ey drydown. Nice cozy and warming scent for cooler months.
I should stock up few more bottles. It its quite hard to find already, maybe they're going to discontinue it soon.

geegee
geegee

Received a sample today & cannot stop sniffing my hand, its fantastic.

Im not able to describe each individual note like some of you can but i did find it a little harsh when first sprayed.

It does however settle fairly quickly (about an hour on me) to a warm & sexy fragrance. I think its the amber i can smell along with vanilla (im a sucker for vanilla perfumes).

I shall be trying Celine Fever when i can, for now i shall buy a larger bottle of Celine.

Aalia
Aalia

The fragrance starts out so very promising, with whifs of greatness, but quickly trails off into being just another floral fruity with a very common dry down.

Letś focus on the good points, shall we? The black currant, red pepper, and violet leaf are excellent opening notes. The opening is lively, airy, has great sillage, and a bit spicy, flirty. The pear and melon stand out. The magnolia, freesia and jasmine all blend superbly well, making one big potent bouquet, and the iris keeps all this power in check, quietly adding itś delicate & herby touch. The choice of florals is actually quite interesting, and makes me think of the scent of a bridal bouquet or spring time. The vanilla is strongest in the base, adding a yummy feeling to the top notes that hang around, and a kind of heavyness to the mid notes. The musk is not too strong, the amber is even lighter. The insense appears faintly, at the tail end of wear. Overall, itś demure, playful, innocent, pleasant, and a touch gourmand.

I really get the pear note,but because every time I smell something like pear in a perfume I find peach in the ingredients,I thought with myself this is peach!lol,I wasn't wrong this time.
the first notes are very sweet,with dominant pear scent and some kind of artificial smelling.
I really get freesia and it's very good.it's just a little spicy( or bitter) at the base.
it's lovely,but if you're into the perfume worlds,probably you've tried bunch of fragrances like this and you won't something special in this one.

amandahuang
amandahuang

A truly delicate and subtle piece which drew a lot of compliments when I wore it~

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Celine Celine fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Celine Celine, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Celine by Celine. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Celine by Celine represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.