Designers » C » Woody Aromatic « Groups

Cereus No.5 Cereus for men

Cereus No.5 Cereus for men
dislike

Cereus No.5 Cereus for men Pictures Cereus No.5 Cereus for men Pictures

Cereus No.5 by Cereus is a Woody Aromatic fragrance for men. Cereus No.5 was launched in 2007. The fragrance features vetiver, licorice, cardamom and orchid.

Vetiver Licorice Cardamom Orchid

Terre d'Hermes

Cereus No.5 Fragrance Reviews

Jassar
Jassar

This is a really good fragrance. I don't really get the Terre d' Hermes comparisons. TdH is so chemically synthetic that I cannot stand it.

It starts off with a sort of slightly spicy citrus from the bergamot. After about 10 minutes it starts turning into a lightly sweet vetiver and woods and smells similar to Vetiver Tonka but much more masculine. Also, front and center is the Fennel and Licorice Bark. This part is magical. I love the scent this creates. I cannot stop sniffing my wrist. The longevity is excellent and the sillage is below average to average. Perfect work or casual scent.

mjdkfc
mjdkfc

Once again I pulled the trigger on a blind buy and I am glad I did. The scent is very reminiscent of TdH as most have mentioned.
Great scent and at a fifth the cost of Hermes a decent substitute.

This has a touch of TdH to it, but is not nearly as sharp or "chemical." I'd call it a light version of Encre Noire with a twist of lemon, at least for the first half hour. I don't get licorice, fizzy coke, soapiness, lemon cookies (someone on BN said that), etc. And if you like Vetiver Tonka, but won't pay the price, you can try this at current prices. It's certainly nowhere near a "clone" (due to some different notes) but it has a similar construction.

UPDATE: After a few hours it seems to soften and weaken, but I don't get any kind of major change in the scent itself. This is quite nice at current prices, less than $20 total for 75 ml. I'm not sure I'd want to spend much more, though, since it's not my favorite kind of scent. However, if you want a really cheap alternative to Vetiver Tonka, you could buy a bottle of this and layer it with another scent to try and get it close.

blauriche
blauriche

I find this significantly lighter than Terre d'Hermes. I also find it sort of soapy, in a pleasant way though. It reminds me of something else I've smelled, like an old YSL or something, but I can't think of what it is. Not something I'd buy for myself, but it's pleasant.

Bunino
Bunino

I get no licorice here... which is what I really wanted. It's all Terre d'hermes and nothing else. Very sad.

Taskphorce
Taskphorce

I do understand the comparison between Terre de Hermes and Cereus no. 5 but I cannot stand to wear Terre de Hermes and yet I love C#5. I get a woodsy, warm spicy, rum & coke, and earthy vetiver combination that is versatile and can be worn any time of the year for any occasion.

carlosrafael
carlosrafael

This is a slightly lighter version of Terre D'Hermes. Good fragrance but if you have TDH available to you, I would not buy C5 and go with TDH instead. The price difference is less than $20. If the price was below $60 I would buy C5.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Cereus Cereus No.5 fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Cereus Cereus No.5, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Cereus No.5 by Cereus. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Cereus No.5 by Cereus represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

Gucci Gucci pour Homme Creed Green Irish Tweed Tauer Perfumes 02 L`Air du Desert Marocain Le Labo Bergamote 22 Hermes Hermessence Vetiver Tonka Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Malt L`Artisan Parfumeur Fou d`Absinthe Creed Royal Oud Creed Aventus Gucci Gucci Pour Homme II Nasomatto Black Afgano Tom Ford Amber Absolute Chanel Egoiste Amouage Jubilation for Men Chanel Bleu de Chanel Christian Dior Ambre Nuit Christian Dior Dior Homme Eau for Men Xerjoff Nio Hermes Voyage d`Hermes Creed Original Vetiver