Designers » C » Aromatic Fougere « Groups

1881 Men Cerruti for men

1881 Men Cerruti for men
dislike

1881 Men Cerruti for men Videos 1881 Men Cerruti for men Videos
1881 Men Cerruti for men Pictures 1881 Men Cerruti for men Pictures 1881 Men Cerruti for men Pictures 1881 Men Cerruti for men Pictures 1881 Men Cerruti for men Pictures 1881 Men Cerruti for men Pictures 1881 Men Cerruti for men Pictures 1881 Men Cerruti for men Pictures 1881 Men Cerruti for men Pictures

1881 Men by Cerruti is a Aromatic Fougere fragrance for men. 1881 Men was launched in 1990. The nose behind this fragrance is Martin Gras. Top notes are lavender, carnation, galbanum, bergamot, juniper, cypress and elemi resin; middle notes are vetiver, ylang-ylang, rose, lily-of-the-valley and cassia; base notes are musk, sandalwood, patchouli, oakmoss, cedar, pepper and pine tree.

Lavender Carnation Galbanum Bergamot Juniper Cypress Elemi resin

1881 Edition Blanche Pour Homme

1881 Men Fragrance Reviews

Robwiz
Robwiz

I tested this out of curiosity in a high street store. It blew me away. The initial hit is a riot of notes, however, it very quickly settles into a wonderful dry down that's citrus, spice and wood. Altogether very fresh, clean and pleasant. It isn't a boisterous, loutish fragrance and it doesn't fill a room when you enter – absolutely perfect for my purposes.

I've read some review comments that suggest this is an old man's scent. I don't get that at all. It's just a most pleasant, inoffensive fragrance that would be appropriate in any setting. It's probably my current favourite and of all in my wardrobe the one that wowed me most on first sampling.

sebbydee
sebbydee

One of the scent i used to wear when it came out in the 90s and that i loved by the way...i remember it had strong opening and great longevity especially for a summer scent. I decided to buy another bottle after many years without smelling this juice. They sell it at the airports very cheap at the moment...and just to say i didnt even recognise the juice. It s now very weak about 2hrs longevity. The same bad reformulation occured like in eau sauvage that i loved in the 80s...too bad i could not test it as i would not have bought this current 1881 juice. Very dissapointed...

adoratek
adoratek

Fresh... with some floral and spice and a nice warm dry down. Lasts well. Reminds me a little of Boucheron and Salvatore Ferragamo.

chillijuice
chillijuice

Lovely Fragrance

Mostly mature men that I know still using it and some have had it on their shelf for more than 2 years

It is an acquired smell, not for everyone

rakan1985

عطر مميز ورائع ومنعش منذ حوالي ال 13 سنة أستعمله
بلا شك أعطيه 9/10

Dorjee
Dorjee

I have splash bottle, and the front of the box says Nino cerruti, not just Cerutti. Bottle looks the same. Who can kindly let me know what year/decade it seems to be?

Carlos is an icon
Carlos is an icon

Underrated gem, very clean and fresh conifer pine dry down, perfect for summer days or nights. Longevity and silage pretty decent.

batty
batty

This scent is fantastic. The only scent that I can think to compare it with that I own, is boucheron. I would say that it leans more towards dry and earthy with the green notes of pine, juniper, and cypress. It is still fresh with the bergamot, and the rose is not to much. It has less of an incense quality than boucheron, yet better in some ways to me. Longevity and sillage are enormous as others have stated. I personally can not stand it on my neck because it chokes me out from the strength. With one spray under my shirt though it is perfect all day and night.

It is a very classy cologne to add to a collection, and the price makes it a steal. I personally think it is suited for all year round, but wear it mostly in the colder months. :)

Blueslippers
Blueslippers

My everyday go to fragrance, this opens up incredibly harsh and old fashioned but quickly turns very fresh, lemony and has an incredible drydown. I have a 30 min drive to work and by the time I get there, this is just perfect!

Can be bought incredibly cheaply at present but don't be put off by the opening or the price, this is great high quality stuff.

I regularly get compliments when I wear this and the longevity and sillage are exceptional.

RobbieX

This is beautiful. It's an ultra fresh fragrance that has moderate projection and longevity. An ideal Summer juice. An absolute classic in my opinion.

Rick Bennett
Rick Bennett

A very pleasant, cool, woody fragrance. Coniferous trees just felled. Silvian freshness without intensive citrus; so for me it speaks of Northern climes. Later more herby and aromatic, slightly spicy, but with no loss of the wood, finally fading to a powdery skin scent.
This is a great (for me more daytime) scent to wear anywhere. You can relax that its pleasant freshness wouldn't cause anyone to reach to open the windows....
It's not WOW, unique, groundbreaking "love or hate", but it's a really pleasant, clean, masculine fragrance. I actually find it rather uplifting, like a walk in the forest on a cool, fresh day to blow away the concerns of the office, lighten your mood and put everything in perspective.
Sillage normal, ie about right for a daytime scent, lasting about 3 hours on me.
February 2016

Wizology
Wizology

Cerruti 1881 Men is what it's designed to be; an Aromatic Fougere fragrance. It has the same familiar barber-shop smell that is reminiscent of Quorum but not as thick and heavy. Probably better suited for the mature man.

The opening is a LITTLE harsh, but it settles VERY quickly. The entry is almost herbal and very aromatic (Cypress, Pine, Juniper) with Lavender dominating, and ending with Musk, Wood and an earthy (Oakmoss) tail. The floral notes in the middle are soft and unobtrusive but adds nice depth and balance.

Update
I got this yesterday, having bought it blindly. Wearing it today and all I can say is WOW! Thank You to all those positive reviews.

Very sophisticated and definitely not dated. Just wish the longevity was better. Probably best suited for a short night out.

Sillage : 7/10
Overall : 7/10

Peaks within the first 3 hours, then gradually softens and eventually after 4 to 6 hours it sits very close to the skin. Still an unusually lovely fragrance.

kingc01
kingc01

In my opinion this cologne commences with an ineffable harsh smell. It quickly evolves into a brief melody of mossy and masculine- which is the only pleasant part of this piece. Then finally concludes with an odd synthetic smell. It reminds me of Will Smith's movie "FOCUS" which looks promising in the trailer but delivers nothing special at the end.

Makadon
Makadon

My signature spray this is my go to fragrance when I'm not sure if what to wear at any given situation it never fails me... This will get you a ton of Compliments it's a beast on my skin.. Definitely try it out

Now my ratings

Sillage 9/10 beast
Longevity 10/10

Tall Dark and Handsome

Soapy, woods with spices and freshness. I can't comment on what it 'once' was, so I won't. But to me I'm very happy with how it is now, although I'm intrigued to experience how it might have been. It seems to quickly disappear to my own sense of smell but others have commented on it while I'm wearing it. If you like a clean, soapy fragrance then this ticks all the boxes.

romansandals
romansandals

Something about strong juniper smells dated and sad to me... I wish I could like this but I just dont.

duncan.robertson3
duncan.robertson3

One my favorites. Warm,spicy,saddle soapy with sensual resins as a base. A deffo for the older mature man, who oozes sex appeal. YUM! YUM!

Hari Damodaran
Hari Damodaran

It starts harsh and smells like aftershave however it lasts long and the dry down is surprisingly very good. It's very cheap as well. I picked my 100 ml bottle for just $18.

Don't come to a conclusion with the opening. For the low price it doesn't smell synthetic at all. A great fragrance for hot days.

Few mentioned it's fit only for grandfathers. I totally disagree with that. It's yet to become dated.

Recommended.

omar.melmo

I don't know how vintage 1881 used to be.. but the new bottle I bought two years ago still contains an amazing juice ! why all the drama ?

boulouboulou
boulouboulou

IFRA killed 1881
RIP.

Úrbez larres.lardies

It is true that the reformulation destroyed longevity and sillage of this fragrance , as in many others.
Sillage moderate. Longevity moderate.

[email protected]
dmdipentino@verizon.net

Nice, powdery , but, does not last at all!
dissapointing.

bizzybazza
bizzybazza

mmm i like this fragrance the flowery boozy smell just suits me to a tee not in my top 10 but one that i would go to often so i guess i am loving it as far as which category i put it in

reasonably cheap and very usable in all situations that you need to feel a little macho

[email protected]
dmdipentino@verizon.net

Ohhh, at first, it smells kind of floral and sweet to me, but, then dries down to a clean, understanded scent with a 'saapy, almost cloying' accord.
All is all, I like it. Don't love it..., like I used to when I was a lot younger.
funny how your taste change as you get older.
Well, someone here said it smells like "Issy for Men'
Hell No! Much better than that pungent cloyingly annoying scent.

our lee
our lee

@Knightofwands: Only possibly the most well-known astronaut?!

lovetribe
lovetribe

incredible soapy and clean scent!!!!!!!

Knightofwands

Robbie X. Are you an astronaut? If not, let's see a real pic of you. You do so many reviews, it would be really good to see you :-)

Dr. Hamada.
I totally agree. This smells EXACTLY like Boucheron pour Homme.
Boucheron lasts MUCH longer on my skin. Great scent :-)

Úrbez larres.lardies

Woody , earthy and floral very masculine fragrance. It is very masculine , but are pronounced floral notes and a touch something feminine and gooey but not very pronounced.
It smells a little outdated , but it's a great scent for men over 30 or 35 years , preferably in spring.
Sillage 7/10 , 8/10 duration .
Global , 7/10

Guest_Zeyad
Guest_Zeyad

Citrus,woody and earthy smell. classic.
it's a kind of those rare fragrances that are fresh, you can wear them in the day, and in the same time they're heavy/rich. that's what most of its haters don't appreciate.

It's not my favorite fragrance, but one of the most fragrances I use. due to it's versatility IMO.

Could be a signature.

Don't overapply it like other fresh fragrances. it would project a little too much. I DON'T RECOMMEND WEARING THIS IN CLOSED ROOM, HOT AIR CONDITION.

scent: 8/10
longevity: 9/10
projection: 10/10
versatility: 9/10

gedlive
gedlive

I heard this may be similar to one of my favs, Lauder for men: not. It is more like Miyaki leau dysey. I smell a bitter citrus like yuzu note. The juniper, pine and cypress are allmost non existent, but in a vague synthetic way. Another reformulation catastrophe.

I found I like classic frags from 20+ years ago. I have thrown out or given away so many lausy reformulations. Azzaro, paco raban PH,Zino, Z14,cerutti 1881,Lauder for men, many others. What is happening to perfume industry? Guerlain and Caron have good reformulations. What has YSL done since M7? Nothing.

I will keep this one for a while, I like it better than Miyaki. It may be refreshing on a hot Summer day, not all that bad.

Present formulation: 6/10

Tall Dark and Handsome

Am I alone in finding it rather weak in the projection and as for staying power, on me it barely lasts until I get out of the front door.
But as a fragrance I like it a lot, it just performs very poorly on me.

ecojoe69
ecojoe69

The first thing I thought when I put it on was "wow, this smells like something I used to wear." It finally came to me- Lauder for men. When I checked this site, I saw that many agreed.
Not REALLY what I was thinking I would get for a scent that suggests that pine and cedar are the main notes people detect. Being no expert, this isn't the pine or cedar you think of when you smell a candle or essential oil but rather something vaguely conferous in only the most obscure manner. Enjoyable, ok silage and longevity, nothing offensive, synthetic or bad about it. A pretty solid scent for those who enjoyed the 80s and 90s woodsy, oakmoss scents.

dr.hamada
dr.hamada

- Thanks God, Finally I found it in Egypt and I bought it with a very suitable price ( nearly 40 US Dollars ),But after the first spray I felt that I had this one before, I'm sure that it resembles one perfume in my collection. So, after one look to my wardrobe I found it, BOUCHERON HOMME EDP = CERRUTI 1881, It seems now that I just have 200 ml of the same juice. In spite of this identical similarity between both perfumes, I'm glad to add CERRUTI to my collection.
SCENT = 8:10
LONGEVITY = 10:10 ( There's remnants of the smell on the dorsum of my hand after 12 hours with just one spray ).
PROJECTION = 8:10
OVERALL = 8.5 :10

Vicarious Reality
Vicarious Reality

Very fresh and just a bit spicy to keep you interesting
Unfortunately i have a stuffy nose or it is just weak

periquito89
periquito89

I tried so many perfumes last years, many at the same time, that I must have mixed up my senses; I´m not so able to say this or that is really an elegant or refined one, althought certainly I could tell what doesn't look that way. Pine may be a risk note, I don't know... But here wow, well done I think! I like it better than, say, Lacoste pour Homme. And in this case it smells to me like one level up. Strong, sharp, old-fashioned? Well, you are welcome to 2010's, because doesn't push so much in any of that. Nice addition to my wardrobe, a step above of most of my now countless fragrances, mostly modern or recent releases :¬)

frogiforu5
frogiforu5

Nice scent - complicated and refined - lasts long and projects nicely but not for anyone under 45... Feels like it could be worn to fit in with the older gentlemen in suits at a social event at a hall but nothing that lasts past 8 pm ... (IE baptism)... but even then I would reach for Jil Sander, Porsche Titan or a Ferragamo depending on the season (I`m 29)... Will probably give this to one of my grandfathers but it may be too young for them... I would put this in the 45-65 age range or older if you can still keep up in the 48+ soccer league.

silentman26
silentman26

A sophisticated, masculine scent ... a blast of vetiver and pine. Notes of lavender, lemon and musk ... Fresh, woody and a bit spicy with great longevity and projection. 1881 is ideal for summer days by the sea ... and becomes one with the body ... Kudos Nino this is a classic.

nightcutter
nightcutter

Sadly this has been reformulated by Coty. The smell is essentially the same but the projection and staying power have gone. Shame.

Pinnacos
Pinnacos

The cedar, sandalwood, oakmoss, carnation & juniper combo in this gives it a drydown so similar to that of Kenzo Pour Homme. I can't imagine loving this and not loving the Kenzo as well.

Guest_Colin Maillard
Guest_Colin Maillard

Cerruti 1881 is a great, relaxed, I'm afraid also underrated scent of the early '90s. A floral, soapy, herbal woody scent, soft and slightly creamy, elegant and radiant, with a bright opening of herbal notes – both "grassy" and aromatic herbs – with a hint of lavender and forest notes. The flowers, then: a beautiful, bold, long-lasting accord of rose and carnation, supported by sandalwood and balmy notes, and something denser and stickier on the very base, which almost resembles to a sort of sweetened rendition of civet, sticky and dusty but not that animalic or dark. The drydown reveals some salty-metallic notes, but it's still pleasant, discreet, friendly and refined. Similar to other scents of the early '90s, but surely pleasant and well-crafted, the perfect companion for a quiet spring night with a gin tonic and a book (yes, you don't really need people around complimenting you).

drakecito
drakecito

Blind purchase (for a change) based on reviews, etc. ..
This time I have to say this is fine fragancia.Me positively surprised and that I expected the worst (just try "Curve" Liz Caiborne).

A woody scent with semi-sweet notes. Powerful and a little rough in its opening but when dried becomes light, enveloping and very nice with a fantastic sweet note.

Very well balanced and elegant.

1welshdevil
1welshdevil

I had forgotten all about this, picked one up today, like meeting an old friend. I can't believe how nice this remains, fresh, lively, woody, green. The opening is nice but the drydown is LUSH, very manly, love it. There is a zesty note in this I love.

jeffersonfaudan
jeffersonfaudan

this came in the mail today... and i love it! it's unusual... it has the 80s vibe where men smell like men and not tutti fruity... it's sophisticated yet fresh, soapy, sharp but warm and inviting...some wood...some mint...some hints of lemon...

Mr.Bobby.N
Mr.Bobby.N

Man, this is nice.

A timeless fragrance. It has a fresh earthy-vetiver opening, and then dries down to this wonderful warm woody oakmoss/cypress/juniper smoothness. It's almost almond-like. A shower with soap.

The frosted bottle design reflects the fragrance well, because the 'feel' of this scent reminds me of warm steam coming off rocks. Very natural and relaxing.

1881 CERRUTI is one of my favorite scents... The dry-down is out of this world. The scent is extremely present and lasting without being overly-strong. A smooth and classy fragrance.

---------------------------------------------
SILLAGE: good
LONGEVITY: great
SCENT: fresh/earthy
BOTTLE: classic/natural
PRICE: average

OVERALL: 9.5/10
---------------------------------------------

mrluctoretemergo
mrluctoretemergo

pure men stuff - fresh crispy clean classic smell but far from dated (really cheap nowadays as well)

bottom line : really great scent

KlownvonnomaD
KlownvonnomaD

Reminded me quite alot of Brut.
Could definitely see my dad or granddad wearing it, as for me I'm not so sure.

Not a bad frag by any means, just maybe more suited to a different generation.

omar.melmo

Don't be affraid by the quite harsh and spiky herbal opening ! It settles down nicely after a hour or so to a flowery/vinegary aura that lingers in the air.. Then it becomes a bit more earthy without losing the "aromatic fougère" touch.. It definitely has an old school vibe but nothing "outdated" !!! Some guys here really need to know more about perfume history ! The overall quality is really top notch, no synthetic perception or dissonance in the composition ! you can't go wrong with this fragrance in the summer, no matter how you're dressed ! It's the scent of a refined mediterranean macho man ! A classic !

rum
rum

This was one of my earlier scents before I got into the more niche brands. It's a surprisingly good fragrance - quite masculine with some nice notes in there, although nothing more than "nice". You get a fresh burst of zesty citrus and basil in the opening which eventually dries-down to a slick woody base of Sandalwood, Patchouli, Musk and Oakmoss. Grab a small bottle and keep it in your car or leave in the travel bag for those work journeys away from home. Sorted!

harrypotter99
harrypotter99

un galbano molto presente sia nell essenza che nella mia vita, ogni pomeriggio. e inebriante, marina, onirica e gelida come il flacone. semplicemente fantastica

willbear
willbear

i dont own this but have tried it and love it a classic

jivanshi
jivanshi

Ugh. It's the classic lower grade aromatic fougere type scent that before WWII was sold around here at the barbershop. You went at the barber's with your own flacon and they would fill it up for you with this kind of stuff out of a huge decanter for a few pennies. Maurer & Wirtz's Tabac or Faberge Brut are much, much better that this one. It's hard to believe that they came up with this in the 1990's! To wear this, one would need 1920's type baggy pants with suspenders to match. Ridiculous. Aftershave? No way, you could pass out if you would use this as an aftershave.

taimoorirfan
taimoorirfan

i could swear it smells the same as my aftershave, anyways i didnt really like the smell, its a little old like probabaly my dad would be game for this, 3-4 hours on skin just average sillage, in my opinion ok but definately not somethin ill buy again...id recommend testin it before blind buyin...im usin denim aftershave btw....

paul garrad
paul garrad

It's not bad, fresh and very soapy, it gives a hint of pepper, and an unmistakable smell of soap. just like you have just washed your hands, ok silage 7-10 longevity as good.

Reminds me a little of gin fragrant and full of Juniper, vetiver a little floral and with basenotes of sandlewood and pine.

A strange one really because I feel as though I shouldn't like it but I do.
It's just a classic and masculine.

Update: I'm wearing this today (a blustery Autumn/fall morning) as I just had a craving for it last night when I went to bed I thought...'I'm going to wear 1881 tomorrow.' and I was excited by the prospect.
I'd honestly forgotten what notes I get from it except Juniper & lavender maybe? I tested myself and was pleased that I picked up on the majority of notes listed on here...quite pleased with myself despite being a bit bunged up.
It's still fresh and spring/summer like but as I stepped out of the house into the cold it really kicked and gave a wonderfully invigorating burst of lovely herby citrus.
I actually get lots of vetiver and oakmoss in this today very grounding and earthy lushness, almost dew coated. A splendid scent and a dark horse in my collection, I've owned several bottles but I seem to have a new found appreciation for truly how good this fragrance is.

RobbieX

One of the freshest scents ever. Perfect summer fragrance for men.

eaudefragrantica
eaudefragrantica

When I first applied this fragrance to my skin, I was overwhelmed by it. The opening is way too harsh in my opinion. Doesn't smell nice at all. When this juice dries down, the smell evolves into something very lovely. I am a big fan of eau sauvage, this one really comes close. I will definitely enjoy this fragrance, but will apply this at least 30 minutes before leaving the house. This scent is very mature, so I would recommend this to 30+ In case you are very grown up you could wear this from age 25 and up (I am 27 myself).

arron97
arron97

fresh and clean but personally the jury is out on this one for now. versatility is a major issue for me as I'm in search of a signature scent. This fragrance almost came close but the floral notes are a bit too feminine for me,so the search continues.

json
json

Love this, so fresh and clean scent.
I allways get compliments wearing this
But be easy on the trigger as said before.
1 spray and its lovely
2 spray or more and it can be a monster
I use to spray twice in air and walk in to it, it last all day.

skipster
skipster

When you are young, everybody over 30 belongs to "the older crowd". Luckily this includes me and therefore I'm allowed to use and enjoy this gem. 1881 Men is a classic and everything relevant has probably been said about it by now, so I'll just confirm:

1) Yes, it smells like a beefed-up Eau Sauvage. Stronger, more spicy and vastly more long-lived. Go easy on the trigger.

2) Yes, it may be mostly for grown-ups. If you haven't reached this stage yet, you have a lot to look forward to. For instance having the self-confidence to enjoy good fragrances no matter if they are "in" or not.

3) Yes, it should mostly be used in hot weather. But under these conditions it wipes the floor with most of today's pathetic "fresh", aquatics.

A nuclear bang for the buck if you know how and when to use it right. Highly recommended.

RUDOLFO512
RUDOLFO512

I absolutely love this fragrance for summer. I bought it for the first time in the 1990's and I have not stopped wearing it since. It smells fresh, clean and sophisticated. My nose and I appreciate that and so does everyone around me. I always get compliments when I wear it and it lasts a long time on me.

fuggerone
fuggerone

even though reformulation brought down a bit of its charisma this scent in the90's was a must have, it's great even though now its drydown smells synthetic to me!

Thee Maestro
Thee Maestro

This is a lovely scent,I have stored two bottles of this so I don't run out.Remember,it lasts long and projects very well,DO NOT be trigger happy with this(it should be a general rule whith every fragrance).Projection is something to be reported by those around you,not you!1881 is a scent that I and those around me enjoy very much.Give it a shot!

kanak
kanak

a very beautifully blended fragrance and one of the best i have smelled for hot or tropical climates. been wearing it the last few days and its been about 42 degrees C out here and this smells fresh and cool all day without smelling like an aquatic at all. lasts 8 hrs plus, projects strongly for the first 3 to 4 hrs and then stays close to the skin but is always there. an absolute masterpiece of a fragrance and i am so glad i finally picked it up. 2 thumbs up!! 9/10

P.S Every single woman in my family likes it. No small thing that as no two of them ever agree on anything!! :)

word-doctor
word-doctor

Bought this blind for $20. It may have jumped to the head of the class for quality to price ratio. I see comments that this is old-fashioned or fuddy... maybe that would bother some folks. Not me. I find it an assertive, well-composed blend of conifer and florals, with vetiver rounding things out. It is a wonderful scent for hot days. This will replace Bvlgari PH because it has much better projection and longevity and a more complex, richer set of accords; it almost gets the tea effect without any tea.

Sillage: 7/10

I bought it for my husband, but I do not like it, it smells very aromatic, basil, rosemary , sweet and soft and floral at the same time, I imagine a very old gentleman wearing this . It has no appeal to me as a masculine scent, only for lovers of soft aromatic scents, without the waow factor for sure. Quiet like a camomile tea!!

s.alswayeq
s.alswayeq

العطرشبيه بعطر ازاروا الاصفر ولكن هذا اخف قليلا واقل حدة في الرائحة وايضا اقل في البقاء ولكن يبقى عطر حلو ووميز في نظري العطر يناسب كل الاعمار، 8 من مكونات العطر موجود بعطر ازاروا وانما الاختلاف قد يكون في تواجد تلك الروائح في طبقات العطر تقيمي للعطر 8/10

missan
missan

For some reason I had nearly forgotten about this, but I now bought a 100ml vintage of it.

Such a wonderful cologne this is, the quality is astonishing. Wow, I did not remember that it was so well composed with such high quality engridients. And one of strongest and longest lasting I know of.
No isoe in this one!

ALEXAJOVCIC
ALEXAJOVCIC

Ok, I am sorry, but this is a big NO for me. Very old fragrance and not very timeless. It is fresh and all, but too much. Smells like an old aftershaves my dad had. Now, I have got to say something nice: It's really original fragrance that started evolution of todays fragrances. Cerruti is not only original, but that smell started appearing everywhere, so we MUST give credit for it. But every star needs a sleep. I can only recommend this to a older people like from 35+. Please don't get me wrong, but this is just my opinion.

marioslg3
marioslg3

I order this as a blind buy 2-3 years ago but i never smelled it actually. today, i noticed that this was created by Martin Gras, the nose that did Lapidus pour homme. Lapidus was my perfume late 80s and early 90s so i decided to give it a try...and i was impressed. this is a classic, definitely a classic male perfume. this was the smell of a man in early 90s, the clean smell of a man before the aquatic scents dominate everything....these days, all perfumes are created around acqua di gio and 1 million...if you see almost all releases, are around those two perfumes....and some other woody perfumes but nothing special. Cerruti 1881 men is what real mature men should smell...all others latest releases are children games for adults. The longevity and projection are amazing. The fragrance itself is a clean fragrance with lots of wood and herbs. Very attractive but definitely, not for younger crowd.

Ganz77
Ganz77

Woody, citrus , pine , floral , basically an earthy nature fuelled cologne. Be careful not to lay it on too thick or it can seem pungent. I'd recommend this to the 30+ clientel.

orestes
orestes

one of the best male fragrances ever! reformulated but still remains one of my favorite!

magicnose
magicnose

A clear sky reveals a shining full moon which illumates the garden below. The herbs and fruit trees in the garden are covered in a layer of frost which glints and glisters under the moon. A civet cat meanders its way through the plants and shrubs, spraying musk as it goes, a musk that is chilled by the frost.

This is the olfactory illusion that Cerruti 1881 for men creates for me - and it is contained in that marvellously evocative bottle which looks as frosty as the fragrance within. This herbal musk is my choice for Monday mornings after an early gym session, when I start the week refreshed and ready to get things done. My mind is focused and my thoughts crystallised, a mindset reflected in the frosty, bracing, sobering fragrance that swirls around and about me.

A great fragrance and what's more it's a niche quality scent at a high street price. I was amazed to see it in Boots with a price tag shared by most of its inferior peers. Oh yes, and the sillage and longevity are awesome.

fazalcheema
fazalcheema

i love citrus fragrances and my signature is vintage eau sauvage but most of my experiences with citrus fragrances have been huge disappointments...i am lucky if i like even 15 percent of the citrus stuff i encounter...while this has floral feel to it but it will meet the needs of those looking for pleasant citrus feel..the best men fragrance from Cerruti and one of the most beautiful masculine floral-citrus combination i have ever encountered...highly recommended.

StormChaser
StormChaser

This is Gorgeous.. i bought this for my fella and it drives me wild... fresh ..clean and sexy.. very different to so many male fragrances.. just lovely and great bottle too..

oxm
oxm

1881 is a fragrance that has carved an important place in the field of perfumes, the first thing you feel is an 'incredible freshness of herbs that are combined with a breath of fresh flowers and fine wood, is a composition of light-heartedness and joy, combining a fascination that transcends time, in short, something unforgettable,,, seems to have been constructed by an expert jeweler ... those who have never opened a book, doing all the pages in seconds? 1881 gives this feeling by offering its extensive and detailed bouquet of the first order, the complexity of this fragrance is wonderful, it seems to be in perpetual balance defying the laws of physics, the freshness, but also the reassuring warmth of wood, in a sort of clock water in a rollercoaster of emotions. 1881, the date will not be misled: we are faced with something superb.

LANIER
LANIER

In the center of Rome there is an island of green. A haven of umbrella pines, juniper, lemon and sycamore trees with winding paths, fountains and thousands of roses all flooding the gardens with wonderful smells,. The Borgese Gardens. When high summer takes hold of the city in a stranglehold these gardens seem to be the only cool escape to the Romans. Within this oasis the spray of fountains seem to catch and carry the myriad of fragrances out over Rome adding something magically classic to this classic city.

1881 Men Cerruti has the same effect on me. The opening to me is a rush of cooling juniper and cypress backed up by carnation, a light citrus note of bergamot complimented by a lilt of lavender. As it warms to its heart notes enter florals ylang-ylang, rose, Lilly of the valley with more citrus from the Vetiver, the garden in bloom. Then in the dry down it smells of warm nights of musk, cedar, pine patchouli and pepper all warmed and rising in the air after sunset which brings it all to a magical finale.

1881 Men Cerru by the famed Italian designer Nino Cerruti is a genuine classic that has lost none of its charm or power over the years. A brilliant addition to any man's collection. good silage and projection only adds to its appeal.
Five gold stars *****

Guest_Swahili
Guest_Swahili

عطر ثقيل خفيف في ان واحد
العطر يتماشى مع الاشخاص الكبار اعتقد الاكبر من خمسين سنة

There is very nice contrast between the "fresh" notes and the "earthy" ones, especially the musk and patchouli. That's what keeps this from smelling like grandpa's aftershave. This is more for an aficionado who knows what he wants, since there is good note separation and dynamism. It's well done in every way, but apparently out of fashion. The balance in particular is excellent. Also, there are no off notes or "synthetic" qualities.

MrMookie
MrMookie

Like originaldeftom said its an conventional but a good old fresh n woody fragrance.
I see this one more on a 'intellectual' mature person then on a macho motorcycle type above 40
I had this one back in the nineties and i was too young to wear it as a teenager imo.
but overall very good scent with nice sillage.

This is very woody and green. I think it only works for men over 60. I imagine someone going through the forest hunting or something. It's very strong also.

Count_de_Farussi
Count_de_Farussi

I Love this. It's my Spring & Summer time favorite

omerpervaiz
omerpervaiz

Cerruti 1881 is a Sharp, Clean and Crisp masculine fragrance, extremely refreshing and vibrant aroma of herbs, woods and spices gives long lasting icy cool attitude. Good longevity and brilliant sillage makes it even more memorable. It always reminds of my favorite aftershave belongs to Supermax. Both of them have huge similarity. Perfect for summer and easily wearable in winter also, this is how a dandy young man smells like.
Perhaps some don't like it because they believe that this type of fragrance is more suitable for aftershave than as an EDT.

I give it 7.8 out of 10.

silentrich
silentrich

A great fresh herbal fragrance with a nice woodsy drydown. Sillage is moderate as is longevity. A nice addition to anyone's collection.

A great opening with a fresh blast of lavander and a very sharp juniper. Captivating and chilling! Unfortunately 1881 turns to be way too conventional in the mossy-sandalwood drydown. A quite influential release that in my opinion suffers from a bad aging in the ending. Incredibly long lasting!

Rating: 9/10 for the opening
6/10 for the drydown

originaldeftom
originaldeftom

Before "L'eau D'Issey" 1881 was THE "heat-breaker" fragrance along with DAVIDOFF's "Cool Water". It is very conventional and masculine, if not a bit macho, yet a "Macho in a suit" (Cerruti if poss).

It is very sharp and pungent at first, like needles, or someone hitting you with ice cubes, but it mellows down a bit more bringing you the somewhat more mellow musk and Sandalwood in the end.

An excellent fragrance for a hot country as it literally cools you down!

Masculine!

soupygirl3
soupygirl3

1881 needs a warm humid day to take the dry edge off of it. A little sweat would help transform this to a “Hi there, Mr. Sexy”. So let's imagine Mr. Sexy squeezed himself onto the packed subway car and he's awfully close to you. The fresh citrus- woody part is gone by the time Mr.Sexy gets on the train, and has turned into a musky-lemon sherbert, and thank goodness because it gives you the freshness needed when being crushed by the other not-so-good-smelling passengers. At the office Mr. Low-Testosterone is wearing Cerutti 1881 and in the environment of recirculated air, 1881 is verging on pissed off and hissy.

RobbieX

One of the freshest out there...citruses and woody, quite linear but it's like a blast of cold air. Staying power and projection are good. A great men's fragrance.

fingerlicker
fingerlicker

This is the worst fragrance I have ever owned. Smells very alcoholic, very-very old fashioned. Reminds me of cheap aftershaves from Soviet Russia, that were popular there in the 80's.

cowboykenny27
cowboykenny27

I like this one very fresh - you can smell citrus and cloves in here . Its definately one for a more mature man

its very nice though

truffles
truffles

I don't like the female counterpart at all but this is a very nice warm, clean citrusy smell. Smells expensive but is actually dirt cheap to buy in the UK.

Lenski
Lenski

This is a sophisticated perfume - definitely for a man of maturity. I wouldn't suggest it for a man under the age of 30. Very elegant, harks back to an age of discovery and fine etiquette.

vertigo
vertigo

Citrus-green.
The name is connected to the tradition of the Cerruti couture house. Brothers Stefano, Antonio and Quintino established a firm producing fabrics in 1881.
Cerruti 1881 is also a name of the boutique and main office in the centre of Paris.
Moreover, by the producers' account, the numerals can be read symbolically - '1' is creativity and ambition, '8' is perfection and fulfilment, and '1881' is mysteriousness and the art of seduction.

The fragrance is solid, strong, modern, elegant, manly and authentic.

mikeann
mikeann

Such a wonderful scent of woodsy and minty accords. Like old time loveble candies made in the fall's breeze.