Designers » C » Oriental Floral « Groups

Allure Chanel for women

Allure Chanel for women
dislike

I have it: 890 I had it: 688 I want it: 485 My signature: 47

Allure Chanel for women Pictures Allure Chanel for women Pictures Allure Chanel for women Pictures Allure Chanel for women Pictures Allure Chanel for women Pictures Allure Chanel for women Pictures Allure Chanel for women Pictures Allure Chanel for women Pictures

Like all Chanel perfumes, Allure has a rich and complex composition. Fresh and citrusy at the beginning, it opens in lavishing floral heart to wooden and vanilla nuances and leaves lingering and fickle scent. It is best to describe it by the various accords it possesses:
Fresh: lemon and bergamot
Fruity: mandarin and peach
Classical floral: the rose of May, jasmine, water lily, peony, magnolia, orange blossom
Woody: sandalwood and vetiver
Oriental: vanilla
The perfume was created by Jacques Polge in 1996.

Jasmine Water Lily Vanilla Lemon Mandarin Orange Honeysuckle Freesia Magnolia Passionfruit

Allure eau de parfum
Benetton Hot
Potion for Women
Gai Mattiolo
More by Demi

Allure Fragrance Reviews

cheriebeary73
cheriebeary73

Well I usually Love Chanels, but not this one. I went over to Macy's to try both the Allure EDT and EDP and unfortunately could only try the EDT because she said they did not have a tester for it since it was stolen. So far I feel the EDT is too light for my skin. At first spritz it almost smelled like civet was in it, and had a little bit of a toilet bowl cleaner smell on me. Then after it dried down its a lot better and soft smelling, but maybe a little too faint for me. I will have to track down the EDP somewhere to test it.

Jerine123
Jerine123

I have the EDT version and it is stunning. It begins with a little zing and quickly mellows out to the very expensive aroma of good jasmine, honeysuckle and just a touch of magnolia. The EDT version is not strong, just very pleasant, subtle and long lasting. This is a wonderful summer scent and has a freshness that lasts. Truly elegant!

chri5tin3
chri5tin3

My weakness, I'd like to thank The Lord for blessing perfumers with the skill and talent to create such a masterpiece.

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

You know those favorite jeans, those well-worn leather boots that are so comfy from the minute you put them on? Allure is kind of like that; it goes on immediately smelling like a fragrance that has taken hours to develop on your skin. The notes on Fragrantica in pictures don’t match the list in the narrative above—so I’m not sure what’s up with that. I do smell a peachy-musky-sandalwood note that is kind of reminiscent of Burberry Woman after its had several hours to do its magical melding—Allure is melding with my skin already.

People will sometimes talk about a “lip stick” smell, and I get that from Allure; it’s like a fatty, rich, fleshy smell—but not dirty. Is there honey? I see the light florals listed—rose, jasmine, water lily, magnolia—and can’t smell any of them individually, nor is this the light, fresh, springy fragrance which those notes would imply. If I really focus my nose, I can pick out the orange blossom, which is a favorite of mine. In fact, this kind of reminds me of the drydown of VS Breathless (the best part of that frag).

There is a lot of depth here, some fragrance muscle, hiding behind those florals—this is a “well toned” fragrance, a fragrance with strength that is refraining from using its power. I wonder what it would do in hot weather!

As it dries down, it retains what I originally smelled but does seem to evolve a slight vanilla note with a hint of lemon, and maybe some vetiver. I still swear I smell sandalwood, smoothing things over. This really is a fabulous scent; I could see myself wearing this in so many occasions, a fragrance that isn’t standoffish but isn’t overpowering either. I’m usually a floriental girl, and I find Allure to have enough depth and richness to satisfy me.

kay0981
kay0981

Allure was my first fragrance from Chanel, and although I don't wear it as often as I should, it holds a very special place in my heart. ♥ I bought it because at the time, I felt that it was more approachable and casual than most Chanels (Coco Mademoiselle wasn't around at that point). I didn't know much about perfumes back then, so in the end, I just went with what felt right. A few years, and tens of bottles later, I still adore this little fragrant jewel. :)

This is a very beautiful and special, well-crafted scent. It is definitely more likeable and easier to wear than some of the heady, bold Chanel classics such as No. 5 or Coco. Allure is a fantastic scent for anyone at any age, and suitable for any occasion. It truly upholds the classic Chanel family signature, but trust me, you will never feel under-dressed wearing this – it's so versatile, sophisticated, rich, casual and modern all at the same time. I'd say that spraying this perfume in itself feels like putting on a really elegant, expensive dress, even if you are already wearing a simple t-shirt and old jeans. :) For lack of a better word, I'd say that Allure smells very 'perfumy'. If someone wears it and walks past you, you will instantly recognise that they are wearing a 'proper' perfume, rather than smelling like a fancy dessert or a big fruit salad (and I'm saying this as a huge fruity-floral and gourmand fan!). It's so sophisticated, yet very versatile and adaptable. It will be a head-turner at a party, but it can also be well-behaved for an office and everyday wear.

This incredibly complex composition opens with a well-balanced blend of citrus and white florals, which dries down to a soft, captivating aroma of sweet honeysuckle and warm vanilla. There are a few musky and soft floral accents lingering in the background, which add delicateness and balance to this elegant composition. Every note here is very well crafted, and blended to perfection, with great care and attention to detail. Yet somehow, it feels incredibly 'real' and effortless... It's not obnoxious, it's not trying to make a bold statement. It's just a beautiful perfume. This amazing balance of class and versatility is something that makes Allure a real must-have for any perfume lover.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Nirhtuc
Nirhtuc

I recently got a used one for a good price. The top and middle notes were too bitter and sharp on me- I got a headache from these. I wore it out when I went shopping, all the while wishing I had washed it off. I got back home 4-5 hours later, and the drydown was more vanilla, but the unpleasant notes lingered strongly. I've been looking for something a little different from my usual tastes, but this one is probably not a good idea (in my case). I think I will try a sample of the EDP version next...

Update: Okay, so I got a sample of the EDP, and this one's quite lovely! Nothing at all like the EDT. It's got more vanilla and the musk smells more feminine.

electra7
electra7

this is the perfume! love it . both edt and edp .
my favourite of all times.

Amber147
Amber147

This was my signature scent for many years. Great year round, day or night. Perfect for a woman in her late 20s to late 30s.

sjam3295
sjam3295

I find this scent absolutely divine. On my skin, it starts off with a burst of fresh florals, and dries down to a delicious, honeyed, floral vanilla which I find quite addictive. One of those winning scents which turns me into a compulsive wrist-sniffer.

acep
acep

It's great initially then becomes synthetic smelling afterwards. It lasts a long time, so the synthetic note will linger.

Tintorra
Tintorra

I tried Allure in the store yesterday and there it was. The beautiful Honeysuckle. I loved it! They made me a tester so I could test it a little more. I really wanted to love this fragrance but it turned out to be what Chanel always does on my skin. In the drydown it settles as an old make up powder scent. It sends me to old red theatres like I imagine they had to be like in the early twenties of last century. I see women smoking small cigars wearing lots of make up. You can smell their facial powder if you are near them. That is what Chanel is for me. And I am not like that. So bottom line: Chanel unfortunately is not for me.

MandiPants85
MandiPants85

I LOVE this scent... it's like a cold evening with a mug of hot chocolate in front of the roaring fire laying on the bear rug with a signifigant other. It is sweet, sensual loving and a hint of a familiar aroma of great memories. It smells faintly of the finest chocolates, licorice with a lovely floral opening. It dances on my skin and has epic longevity. It's womanly and heavenly. A definite must have in my collection :D

HanamiTsukimi
HanamiTsukimi

For me this goes on bright and pleasant, then settles into a heavy honeysuckle with a small side of lemon. The lemon disappears within the first hour leaving behind only the merest hint of powder and no vanilla shows up on my skin.

I'm sad to say it and I know I'm in the unpopular minority here, but the relentless honeysuckle is too much for me. It comes on so strong that it reminds me of room fresheners I've had - And with equally impressive sillage!

It's really too bad because the opening notes were gorgeous. I'm sure this would be elegant on someone whose skin brings out the full symphony of notes rather than a monotone.

DancerForLife
DancerForLife

I like the scent - warm, comforting - but it is very loud, no matter how little I spray. I would like it if I could find a quieter version - don't like how assertive it is. Great staying power though - can wear it all day long and still smell it at the end of the day.

SabraHardy
SabraHardy

A man i didn't love bought this to me the Eau De Parfum form. It was like spraying Sex without an escape plan. It hit every man i was within range like a phermone bomb. I could have ruled the world if i had a big enough

Juliana6
Juliana6

This is about the EdT.
It's difficult to categorize it. This wonderful scent is all at once- the opening is strong, sweet floral, then I feel a subtle but still noticeable citrus arriving to the ball and bringing its freshness and sparkling mood, and then I feel a dark, sensual, realistic and expensive vanilla and more white flowers which can become slightly oriental gourmand. The drydown can be described as strong, sensual, maybe sometimes it can be perceived a tiny bit masculine, but it's really fabulous.
The woman wearing it has her inner strenght, her own style, a sophisticated taste and wisdom. She's shining from within.
A timeless classic.

***
If you are looking for something similar, maybe Cleef &Arpels "First" could be close to it.

In comparison to Allure Eau Parfum, Allure Eau de toilette is a big disappointment! It is like all pleasant warmness has been taken away, leaving something blank behind.
Allure Eau de Parfum is much creamier and woodier then Eau de Toilette. Additionally, on my skin toilette version soon becomes sour. What a pity!
Or, I simply don't have skin for that.

Catty

The best fragrance ever!!! I use eveything: Edt, Edp, Body cream more than 10 years.

I tried to replace it, even for Coromandel from the "les exclusives" chanel line, but I always come back to it. It´s really a standout and very unique scenthat you can use from the mornng until the evening...10 years is a Long time, but I came to the conclusion that "no way" to replace it.

If I were scent, I would be definetly Allure.

Boston2013
Boston2013

Can't even begin to describe how beautiful this perfume is. The silage is OUTSTANDING, as well.

The smell, to me, is ever-changing in that it depends on how close or far away you spray it. It almost becomes a "different", though still the same perfume.

A concentrated spritz is probably too strong. So I usually spray between 6 inches or even a foot away. It's the "coolest" perfume I've had in this way!

It opens with citrus and cedar, which I love. Then it layers from there. A layer of gorgeous, but never "loud" floral. A very warm and spiced floral and then comes the peach and vanilla bourbon.

But, remarkably, it's like a diamond; it "facets". A smell of the wrist on minute, might be different 30 minutes later. It "sparkles" and changes as the day and into the night, progresses.

If I had to take one perfume that I could wear barring all else, it would be Chanel Allure. It's that gorgeous and perfect. :)

whiteshoulders
whiteshoulders

Simply gorgeous. To me this is perfume perfection. I loved this the second I smelled it. It is elegant and warm, yet clean and cool. I adore the honeysuckle in it, and the peach. It reminds me very much of a wedding with champagne punch. Or a summer day at the lake. A bride in her mother's gown carrying white roses. Black slacks and a dressy sweater. It is versatile, classic and lovely. Beautiful perfume.

SayakaP
SayakaP

Doesn't belong to me...
I like the smell, but Allure feels like a monolith floating right in front of me. It doesn't become part of me.

I don't understand this concept of 'No TOP-MIDDLE-LAST note'.
I like surprises and subtle changes when I wear a fragrance. This one doesn't.

Having said that, I enjoy this on other ladies.
I think this is a bright, happy smell.
Once I attended a wedding party & the bride was wearing this. It suited her so well, and oh so lovely! It was a garden wedding. It was clever of her for choosing a frag like Allure which lasts long & has got good sillage.

denizaryal
denizaryal

If London was a fragrance; it would definitely be Allure.

wistfulmaiden
wistfulmaiden

Ive been wearing Allure for a while now because t was a gift. Now that its getting colder I will witch to something more winter.
I like this well enough, when you first spray there is an odd vanillin/paper note which quickly fades to a nice sunny floral, which I like, but after an hour or two it turns very powdery on me, which is not even listed in the notes.
After a few hours I find it nearly indistinguishable from Anais Anais. If I could get the middle sunny citrusy notes without the powdery drydown Idwear this more often.
Unlike most Chanels there are no adelhydes that I can smell but there isn't a lot of vanilla as listed either at least on my, on me its white floral, citrus and later that powdery almost chalky note.

umsultan
umsultan

Ooh allure...oh allure. this was my signature scent in 1997 until 2000. perfect clean floral seductive fresh.....cant describe how good it is. its a mixture of mixed but definitely good feelings. not sweet (Thanks god) its more on the floral musky side. i prefer the eau de toilette version cuz of the hot weather i live in. i really want to get me one soon but my list is full with many other perfumes and GOD they are all expensive!!...the 100ml allure costs more than 180US dollars where i live!!! maybe in one of my future splurge...i will get one definitely!

Chantal

I promise, this will be a positive review. Bear with me.

I used to really dislike Chanel perfumes. I'd had Chanel no. 5 eau premiere, it started off nice, then it faded into non-no.5 territory and disappeared entirely shortly thereafter. Then I tried coco mademoiselle, probably sprayed too much of it on, and then it wouldn't scrub off and assaulted me all day long. Then I tried coco, and that didn't go so well. I'd given up, and I was sad! I love Chanel, and I can't afford the clothes or the jewellery, and really, I wanted even more to like the perfumes, not just because they were more affordable.

Time passed, and I fell for the original no.5 EDP. More time passes and I fall for no. 19. Then I stumble across the eau de toilette version of Allure, and it rocked my world! I didn't intend to buy it, but I couldn't leave the parking lot so long as that smell was on my skin! It's the perfect balance of so many wonderful things, sweet, floral, fresh, musky... it's simply perfection. Feminine perfection.

The point of the story, I'm so glad I kept coming back, because these Chanels are almost all I wear these days, and above all I'm so happy I found Allure. It's amazing, and it's everything I have been searching for in a perfume but had just about given up on finding. Didn't like the EDP thought. It was not the same at all.

piahellgren

I have already reviewed this. I just sprayed it on and had to say this. It´s a bit after seven in the morning here. Sometimes I think this is the most beautiful thing ever created. The balance of the notes is just... outstanding! My precious orange marmalade covered cookie! :-)

mutercim78

I've already reviewed this, but I want to add that this is definitely not an oriental to me.
It is citrus-floral, but not oriental at all.

itsallgood
itsallgood

This scent is fresh and classy. It reminds me of the coolness in Bvlgari Jasmine Exquise with a touch of the warmness in Dior Hypnotic Poison. This fragrance is perfect for me, just perfect, and the way I know this is because I tried gorgeous perfume after gorgeous perfume until I found it. I will continue to wear La Vie Est Belle for its lush richness, but Allure EDT can be worn everyday, regardless of the season or the moment. I can't imagine this long-lasting scent bothering a single person, including me. At no stage of the process do I feel as if I am wearing too much. Nice, elegant, and quietly sexy. Oooh, yeah.

yuugainotenshi
yuugainotenshi

Allure is definitely an appropriate name for this perfume. There is something captivating about this fragrance. Its strong,bold and beautiful. I was initially attracted to this scent because I heard it had an amazing honeysuckle note. The honeysuckle is there and is quite prominent the first hour or so but I feel like it eventually calms down and blends into sweeter white floral combo with the jasmine. I wish the strong honeysuckle lasted longer since its one of my favorite notes. To me the star of this show is the vanilla which is rich and bold. Somehow Allure manages to combine fresher undertones with a heavier vanilla base and makes it work wonderfully. I find it quite easy to wear you can dress it up or down, which ends up making Allure an extremely versatile perfume. I find this fragrance to be a classic and it has the Chanel vibe to it too.

laantjebanaantje
laantjebanaantje

Allure was not a fragrance that I expected to love. Vanilla is tricky for me and indeed there is a stage in the development of this perfume that has a plasticky vibe to it.
But the bright citrus opening notes, the middle stage that I can only describe as "Chanel-like" and the warm, light, classy vanilla base are just gorgeous. It's such a classy feminine perfume, light, airy and subtle. It doesn't scream for attention. Allure floats gently around you and gives you little unobtrusive whiffs during the day. It lasts quite long as well, even longer than the rather louder Coco Mademoiselle!
I'm not sure whether this perfume has enough character to make it into my collection. It almost seems too nice at times. Maybe I'll grow bored with it once I own it. But ah, for now it's delightfull.

mutercim78

Fragrantica is a great website to see how tastes differ.

I think Allure would be the last perfume to call a bug spray. Bugs would be very lucky if bug sprays smelt like this though!

I think this is the most elegant, sophisticated and classy perfume ever made. And it is definitely sexy.

Needless to say, it is my signature for 15 years.

Anatares
Anatares

Gorgeous, feminine, Allure EDT is one of my favorite fragrances.
The opening is fresh and floral (a beautiful bouquet of Chanel flowers), I can detect mostly honeysuckle and jasmine with a hint of citrus. The vanilla drydown is to die for.
It's so elegant and classy. I prefer the EDT over the EDP which is creamier and more powerful but I perceive (maybe the peach) a synthetic note.
This EDT is highly recommended if you love subtle vanilla floral scents.
Definitely one of the best feminine perfumes around.
Suitable for every season and age (from 30 on). It's just perfect.
I LOVE it.
Thank you, Mr Polge for this modern, subtle, sophisticated masterpiece.

sweetviolet

I loved Chanel Allure and was told it smelled like bug spray and household cleaners.A few people told me about it smelled awfull. I still will wear this classy, beautiful fragrance. To me it's a spophisticated fresh elegant perfume.

Museumgal
Museumgal

My favorite part of the composition is the honeysuckle. I feel it's really the star of the scent that comes in after the initial citrus opening. The other notes compliment it beautifully but they mostly feel as though they're there to support the honeysuckle, the vanilla adding just a hint of sweetness.

red gloves
red gloves

I tried it twice and I think I'm in love! I want it soon!

sweetviolet

Simply elegant and lovely!

CottonSpore80
CottonSpore80

My favourite Chanel perfume. Not as heavy as the Eau de Parfum version, and it dries down to a smooth, classy yet still sweet and feminine scent. I love it!

kellym18
kellym18

love it!!

Chantal

A bit of a story here, bear with me fumies! So I've been resisting a Chanel craving I've had for almost a year, but today I went to indulge. I was choosing between Coco and Allure. I spray on allure lightly, I walk around for a few minutes humming and hawing, but I buy Coco. I get into the warm car, and suddenly I can't leave. I'm just completely arrested by this divine smell! It has that cedary thing I love from the dry-down in Incanto Shine, it has that amazing aroma that made me fall in LOVE with the now discontinued (OUTRAGEOUS!) Blue from Ralph Lauren, and it has the top note of XX by Boss. It's that thing I've been looking for, the uncompromising balance between sweet, woody and aquatic-floral (I can't choose just one facet, so this works!) Now, I bought the EDP, and I'm noticing that it has different notes than the EDT I tried on... here's hoping that wasn't a horrible mistake. This is beautiful. I'll write a review for the EDP when I try it.

Daisydukes
Daisydukes

If I had to choose one perfume to wear for the rest of my life- this would be a main contender. It is clean, warm yet fresh, feminine, elegant and very wearable.

My 12 year old son loves this on me. He is a baseball loving "snips, snails, and puppy dog tails" boy with a very astute sense of smell. He selected this one for me. He asked me if there was lemon in it (there is but the effect is creamy not zesty). This scent never has a hint of "masculine" or after shave.

He said to me "this one smells good in any weather"! I agree with him. It never feels like too much. The cool weather seems to enhance the creamy warmth. In hot weather it is never cloying and retains its cleanliness.

I was a bit slow to love Allure. Now I adore it and consider it to be one of the few perfumes I never want to be without. I went though 2 decanted samples before I really appreciated how wearable Allure is.

I may have mistaken it's wearability for boring. It's not boring or common. It's like a beautiful hymn that you appreciate when you understand the meaning. It isn't a catchy pop song you soon tire of hearing.

Lady-like yet approachable, Allure is a chameleon. I would wear it any time of year, with any outfit, for any occasion. It dries down to a beautiful skin scent. It lasts a long time but is inoffensive and soft. Remarkable enough to be a great signature scent.

To my nose it smells timeless.

mutercim78

I think this is one of the most underrated Chanel fragrances. I don’t understand why it didn’t become as popular as Coco Mademoiselle or Chance. Actually, I’m glad it isn’t, as I wouldn’t want to wear a perfume that is so common. I have been wearing it since it first came out and I just can’t get enough of it. It is perfectly blended. To me it is a very clean and sexy perfume. It is definitely not old ladyish. But not girly either. Nothing is too much in this. It wouldn’t offend anyone. Perfect for all occasions.
I prefer EDT over the EDP. I feel it is fresher. But I love the EDP as well. The dry down is the same in both. There are no big differences.
It starts citrusy, which I love. The dry down is soft and warm. Actually I don't get much vanilla. I am not good at describing the notes, but this isn't a vanilla fragrance to me.
Lasting power is great for an EDT. Lasts around 6-8 hours on me. Stays on clothes until you wash them.
This is such a sophisticated, elegant and French-style fragrance.
I occasionally try other fragrances as well. I can get tired of any other fragrance so easily. But this is someting different. It is so unique. Nothing beats this.
Without Allure in my life, something would be missing, and I wouldn’t even know what it was. I am so grateful to Jacques Polge for creating this masterpiece.
This is “Difficult to define, impossible to resist”.

KEW

Allure makes me feel happy. I love the powdery note. I've come close to buying it a couple of times but there's something about the sweet peach note that keep preventing me.

MLK
MLK

Chanel Allure is one of my all time favourite fragrances. It always makes me feel very special when I wear it - it is elegant, soft and sensual. I have so many perfumes - nearly all the Chanel perfumes that one can purchase at the chanel counter (The only exclusifs perfume I have is no. 22) and Allure is the one that I can always count on when I am undecided about what purfume to wear. I always say to myself, "when in doubt, just wear Allure" - and it always works for me. It is wearable for both day and night.

The edt is not overpowering so you can wear it to work and usually lasts for most of the day. The edp is more stronger and lasts longer so it is lovely for evening wear. I also have the parfum in the refillable spray and this lasts for over 24 hours on me.....absolutely beautiful perfume. I bought it when it was first launched in Australia in 1996 and have loved it ever since.
I also have the body cream, body lotion and the pressed body powder as I love this fragrance so much.

BeautifulDynamite
BeautifulDynamite

Something about this perfume reminds me of my grandmother. No I am not saying this has the dreaded "old lady" smell that a lot of people so vehemently use when describing Nº5 (which I completely disagree upon, but alas, I digress).

When I think of my grandma, I think of a graceful, elegant, and refined Middle Eastern lady who was sweet and kind, but also strong and independent. She loved flowers (especially roses and jasmine), and sweet ripe fruits (like oranges and peaches). She was and is the woman I wish to be.

She passed away last week, and as I was coming back from the funeral, I smelled this and remembered her. I wear this often now, to remember her. It's a lovely scent, long lasting, and I like to think she's with me every time I wear/smell it.

perfumequeen2
perfumequeen2

sexy, sexy, fragrance. soft and elegant.

piahellgren

Allure was given to me as a present and I always left it on the shelf only wearing it if I absolutely felt it needed using since it´s a Chanel. Always found it sharp and distinctly "perfumey". Oh, how wrong I was! I have now realized what an exceptional scent it is! The opening reminds me of orange curd lavishly spread on top of an oatbran cookie. Then arrives the flowery, ladylike yet strong and intoxicating vanilla. Then the orangeblossom freshens the vanilla that never comes out cloying or too sweet. Yet it IS a sweet scent, but not... candy-like at all. I feel it is very original even though the notes themselves aren´t any particularly original ones. Allure also has a bit of a VERY nice magnolia and water lily that gives it a little bit of bite and prevents it from being overly creamy, yet it is definitely creamy. VERY classy! And I hate to say that since I hate ageism and defining people according to age, but it IS for the not too young.

Chickenboo
Chickenboo

I had a co-worker who was a very difficult person- a "pot-stirrer", if you will. She caused a lot of trouble for many people, and I tried to "tune her out/ignore her" as much as humanly possible.

But to her credit-

She wore Allure BEAUTIFULLY! And I have a great respect for a fragrance that can make me feel happy when dealing with an unhappy/unkind person.

Much respect to the perfumer(s) of Allure!

aveilhe
aveilhe

Allure was my first Chanel, so it holds a very special place in my heart. It is one of those rare perfumes that seems somehow perfect for any occasion: work, relaxation, a night out. It is equal parts fresh, tangy, floral, sweet, and powdery: so perfectly blended that you would be hard-pressed to pick up on any one individual note.

After looking at the official notes, I begin to understand some of its effect. The powdery quality comes from a very traditional combination of vanilla and citrus notes (no musk as in many powdery scents). It is a clean scent, but the vanilla lends warmth and depth. The combination of rose, jasmine, and orange blossom is a classic floral accord: soft and feminine. The addition of honeysuckle brings a modern sweetness to the floral notes, and water lily contributes to the overall fresh, clean quality. As the citrus top notes fade, more of the soft, warm, powdery sweetness emerges on the skin.

I find Allure to be comforting and effortlessly chic. It is timeless and ageless.

Merebon
Merebon

I love Allure and have been wearing it for years. I get a lot of compliments. It turns a bit powdery on me, but nothing too drastic. I'm saing to buy the Parfum. The real deal because I get so many compliments and I want the fragrance to last. Allure is something you can wear every day. It's not a "deep" scent and it isn't too floral. I do get a hint of vanilla.

CarolThiessen
CarolThiessen

I have problems with most perfumes. They give me headaches and make me itchy. Chanel Allure however, is one perfume I can wear every day. I can also wear Coco Mademoiselle.
I don't really know too much about perfumes, I came here to learn. I don't know what it is in these 2 perfumes that smell so amazing on me, but they do.
The strange thing is that I smoke, and these 2 perfumes actually smell great mixed with the smell of tobacco. ha ha
If anyone can suggest more perfumes I can wear with the same notes, I would greatly appreciate it.

pinkmuzic
pinkmuzic

I AM REALLY LOOKING FOR THIS EAU DE TOILETTE ALLURE FOR MY MOM AND I HAVE PLENTY TO WRAP PLEASE IF YOU ARE THINKING SAPING PM ME PLEASE :)

linkypinky
linkypinky

The most abstract floral oriental I can think of and hence its beauty to me. I only, however, apreciate it in its original EDT concentration. The EDP is ruined for me due to its dominant vanilla note. Very classy and suitable for year round.

Revontuli

Many people seem to think that Allure is for elderly women, but I strongly disagree with that... It all depends on your personality and your choices of notes. I'm 23 myself and I can never explain the pleasure I get from Allure. It's so classy, so warm, so sexy.I always spray it on my hair after shower and the smell lasts forever, wonderful... And I agree with one of the comments below, it leaves a peppery/spicy note on my skin.

nellyrlight@aol.com
nellyrlight@aol.com

classy, elegant, sophisticated..I'm a big fan of this!!

Thatkid
Thatkid

My mother has worn this for years. It really is lovely on her, but I think that even though I am 25 it's too mature for me. It's meant more for a more distinguished woman in her late 30's upward.

Molliepops
Molliepops

I've had 2 or 3 bottles of this in the past, but I wouldn't re-purchase it now.

I like the scent when it is first sprayed, its classy, refined, and elegant. It smells very expensive, as it should, because it is!

I find this quite heavy going though, and its not one I have fallen in love with.

After a while I find it a bit headache-inducing and I wouldn't wear it every day - its one of those that you have to be in the mood for.

This fragrance strikes me as something my Mum would like, she is very elegant and sophisticated, and at ease with herself and others, she is quietly confident, she never shouts. People warm to her. This is what Chanel Allure conjours up for me!

Reginleif
Reginleif

A big Kenzo fan I used to ignore most of the Chanel scents (other then Coco when it first came out). Well had a visitor today who walked into the door smelling gorgeous. She revealed it was Allure and let me try it. What a pleasant surprise! Elegant from the start, the opening citrussy-vanilla note not overpowering but clean and powdery, and then the warmer notes slowly developing from there. Hours later I still keep sniffing my wrist. I notice a very faint aldehyd note somewhere in there. Great for all day and year round. This is going to be my next buy.

TanteSimone
TanteSimone

I cannot believe I haven't reviewed this. I have a bottle gathering dust in my closet since 2005 and I've always had lukewarm feelings about it. Back then my hands itch to spray some on my wrist, only to wash it off because all the notes keep coming out all at once. On some days all I can smell was this citric-vanilla, other days the rosewood dominates.

I have to admit I haven't given it a fair shot (thinking it was too stuffy for me) and I practically finished my bottle without remembering feeling ecstatic about it---ever. It's nice. It's a Chanel. But that's it.

Now as I spray the last mils of this fragrance, I cannot believe I haven't appreciated its beauty and complexity early on. It is warm, rich, but sheer. It's like combining the effortless grace of Chanel No.5 with the intoxicating nature of Coco. It really takes more than a bottle to understand Chanel. Now I have to buy again, I think, as I cannot stand how beautiful it smells and the thought of not having it.

liessa dalla
liessa dalla

How is it possible not to love this? Chanel Allure EDT is a Chanel for those who didn't apreciate the heavy Chanel's base notes, as patchouli, vertiver, incense, etc BUT wishes having a Chanel. This beauty one has the elegant Chanel's touch, unique. It's soooo classy, feminine, charming, delicate! When I use it, I can't stop sniffing myself. I feel beautiful, comfortable, feminine, radiant, elegant, and even intelligent because it's not obvious. It's sexy, but in a different way. Not the sweet oriental gourmand woody vibe, expensive longerie, black dress and jewells. It's sexy in a natural and most powerfull way. It's like waking up on a colorfull morning, after a restauring sleep and romantic honeymoon night on a beautiful landscape, wearing nothing but a light white t-shirt ( from your boyfriend) AND feeling the most beautiful and happy woman on earth. Chanel Allure is a warm light, a bouquet of oppulent white flowers, a hint of the radiant passionfruit, bitter-sweet almafi lemon and mandarine, a natural not too sweet vanilla embracing like woman. Soapy, light powdery white florals and citric fruits lights. It's a piece of art that translate the natural woman smell. Well done, Chanel!

pisces3774
pisces3774

I'm surprised that there is no pepper note in Allure. Upon spraying, I get a pepper note - maybe pink pepper. It is lovely and spicy, but light. A slight creaminess in the dry down.

Di_berry
Di_berry

Inmediately after getting this one, I dislike it... And then I discovered it!
Delicate, stylish, long lasting and elegant fragance.
For me a very wereable Channel for any occasion, that deserves it, hahaha!
First I get sth a little citric and the a vanilla veil.
I don´t see this for teenagers but really a great one for a young or mature stylish woman!!

missdietcoke1
missdietcoke1

I love my Allure. I can always rely on it whenever I'm not sure what to wear. Elegant yet not overwhelmingly, expensive but not snobbish, deep yet light and never cheap! And all the compliments I get when I have it on... Some say wear it only for a special occassion, I say life is short, spray it on and enjoy it!

Charlii777
Charlii777

Love Allure! My mum has been using it for 15+ years! Its so warm and cozy, I love how whenever I smell it it reminds me of her. I feel like its very sophisticated and elegant, probably for someone a bit older, but still very nice either way.

boroboro
boroboro

I think it is a very mature smell. It suits people aged above 40.I can smell lemon and vanilla. Smells expensive indeed.

littleibu
littleibu

I love Allure... I got my first Allure in 1998. A real perfume! So light, elegant and feminine. I wore it during my holidays in Queensland. Every time I smell Allure, it brings my mind back to Queensland with its summer breeze, blue ocean and great barrier reef.

DNA Salli
DNA Salli

A classy elegant feminine masterpiece!

In mood
In mood

This perfume is very classy and rich. I noticed from previous reviews that people wrote about 2 versions of Allure EDT, the one which opens with orange flower and honeysuckle (which I have) and the one which opens with zesty lemon and powder (which I also smelled before on my ex co-worker).

lisann.hogstrom
lisann.hogstrom

sweet classy scent that have no patchouli (finally, Chanel! finally!)

the sweet vanilla-floral dominating this fragrance with good to great longevity but funnily, I never get a compliment like, "you smells nice", so for a while I still doubting the projection. my room test (spray the fragrance in the air, close the door, get out and back after 30 minutes) shows a good projection. maybe its my skin or my friends being anosmic to Allure?

AnnabelLee
AnnabelLee

@kitten_steele . The correct notes for the EDT are those in the pictures below. The notes mentioned in the description the ones of the EDP.

kitten_steele
kitten_steele

The notes described in the text and the notes listed doesn't match completely. The text mention peach, bergamot, peony, rose of May, orange blossom, sandalwood and vetiver but those aren't listed with pictures of the notes. And passionfruit, freesia, honeysuckle which is listed with pictures, isn't mentioned in the text.

GlitterCupcake
GlitterCupcake

I never felt very comfortable wearing Chanel perfumes – they always smell too expensive and 'grown up' to me. I almost feel too cheap to wear some of them. However, Allure is different – it's classy, elegant, but a lot more fresh and 'young', yet it still maintains the Chanel signature. It's a very sophisticated compostition of floral and oriental notes, which are perfectly balanced – I smell a lot of jasmine, honeysuckle, and this long, subtle vanilla note, which I am totally in love with.

And although I agree that it's very versatile, I'd still keep it for special occasions. Just be careful - it's a very strong scent, so little definetly goes a long way.

iflipcess0527

Foe me it's the best among chanel's fragrances, it's timeless, classy and simply yummy. smells expensive. my first bottle was way back 2002, my aunt gave her allure bottle to me since she's not into perfumes. I didn't know I was so lucky back then, now I finally got my own botlle, thanks to my honey :-)

desertrat
desertrat

LOVE it!!! Allure EDP is actually my favorite. Lately, I have been thinking maybe it's a little too heavy for super hot summers. So today I finally tested Allure EDT at the Ulta store. I was very happy to find it is lighter and brighter yet maintains the same signature I love about the EDP... I have to get some! In any and all of it's incarnations, Allure (and I also have the pure parfum) is my very favorite Chanel...
PS I got it! My husband loves it just as much as the EDP! Now I can wear Allure all year long!

verzosa
verzosa

SUPERB! What's great about Allure is that it's versatile, it works for any age group (I'm speaking for the Eau de Toilette).

Allure is an enticing warm fragrance that isn't too warm for any season. This is a crisp, clean and elegant scent. Very complex yet comforting.

fawnmarie
fawnmarie

I'm sitting on the veranda of a vintage country estate, enjoying morning tea with friends. There is a plate of lemon-glazed cookies on the table, and a crystal vase filled with fresh orange blossoms, honeysuckle, and jasmine. Another plate is full of sliced cantaloupe and honeydew melon, small china pitchers of cream and honey sit beside a china cup of steaming bergamot tea. A fragrant spring breeze cools us as we enjoy our tea and refreshments, it's one of those wonderful, happy days that we don't want to see end. Allure is a concoction that evokes blue skies and bright sunshine, the freshness of a lemon orchard in full, glorious bloom, the grace of a 1920's country mansion with airy rooms. I absolutely adore this perfume, it's a great masterpiece by Chanel.

iflipcess0527

The scent is classy, you don't get to smell it to everyone else, so i am thinking of getting it again after years of not having it, i missed the scent.

tandi
tandi

I find Allure warm and vanilla/powdery. It is for a very well put together kind of lady. I also don't think it is targeted for a young audience.I also agree that it has some Fendi vibe to it. Like not love for me

Aspendina
Aspendina

This is a review on the edt.....This is so far the only Chanel scent I like. Now I do not love this, just like it; but not enough to buy it. I used to have Bob Mackie Perhaps and this smells really similar to that. Chanel is usually really heavy, all the scents smells like they were made for really old rich ladies, but this at least has a younger feel, not teenage but maybe 20's-40's, I even like to see them go younger as it would be a nice change from all the heavy, strong, old lady scents they make.

romrom
romrom

I don't know why but I like the EDT better then the EDP. I guess because it's lighter and more citrusy so it's a much better fragrance for the summer months.

missymary
missymary

I don't find Allure vanillic or powdery, to me it's a clean beautiful honeysuckle with a lacing of peach, and delicate white crispness. The stunning classic femininity is iconic Chanel. Allure is undoubtedly a serious grown=up perfume but somehow in a very comfortable way. It's formidably good but yet it's not intimidating.

The best thing for me is that it's so versatile, it's brilliant as a dressy perfume, but it can be a casual perfume too. I've even worn it on the beach and it felt lovely.

It lasts forever. What's not to like? This has to become one of my favorites.

caramella
caramella

@ incandescent: i couldn't help opening wide smile and weeeee when i saw your avatar, this cat is soooo adorable and cute.

now to Chanel Allure: it's a very feminine and yet strong perfume for a daring and yet romantic woman... when you wear it you feel like you are both THE BOLD & THE BEAUTIFUL!! all in one bottle. amazing!!!

incandescent
incandescent

Personality: Feminine, graceful, classic, sophisticated, confident, clean.

Age: 25 and above

Scent: The EDT is fresh and crisp in nature when compared to the EDP, it is more versatile, but still oozes a similar sense of class, warmth and refinement. It lacks the thick, fleshy peach tones of the EDP, and instead places more emphasis on jasmine and honeysuckle. Overall a very balanced and clean combination of citrus, florals, vanilla and sandalwood, mildly sweet, and executed in an exclusive style best described as 'Chanel-esque'.

When/Where: All seasons, best for day-time but also elegant enough for formal events, sensual enough for first dates, and serious enough for the office. It would even make a fitting scent for the graceful, minimalist bride, especially when layered over it's luxuriant body cream. Very versatile, classy scent...a perfect all-rounder.

Sillage/Longevity: Good Sillage, Good Longevity (7-8 hours).

JUST FOR FUN: This scent fits the Virgo female; minimalist, clean and sophisticated.

MademoiselleMimi
MademoiselleMimi

I get no vanilla from this... only synthetic lemon and non-specific perfumy smells.

Troodos
Troodos

I bought and wore this when it first came out and although I can't bear to part with it, it's a Chanel for heaven's sake, it must be good ;) I never wear it. It feels a little dated somehow. Beautifully crafted with high quality ingredients but somehow it sits for me between exciting vintage and fruity modern. Lovely nonetheless.

eruetim
eruetim

Lovely, romantic, sensuous, elegant, complex. Another perfume that I bought immediately and wore it every day.

marielisagrant
marielisagrant

I Love this scent but will not buy it until i get engaged (so maybe never lol!) i want to wear it as my wedding fragrance and also have it defused throughout the venue. I love the scent so in the years after it will remind me of my special day...until then ill be testing this instore and waiting...ho hummm...

ol' smeller
ol' smeller

Very nice sophisticated scent....love the floriental. Lasts all day. Can wear anytime anywhere. Is strong so use sparingly. Love Channel products.

Eaugirlspirit
Eaugirlspirit

I love Chanel perfumes, but this is not one of them. While my skin usually does well with lemon, this note in the fragrance is extremely sour on my skin. Then in a few minutes it turns into a powdery concoction of sharp florals and I can't even get vanilla from this. There is a staleness and mustiness about the scent that makes me think of antique leather (not in a good way). Obviously this is a winner in mass market perfumery but I just cannot stand it, but glad it makes others happy!

Revontuli

This perfume is simply perfect. When I first sprayed it, it felt a bit heavy and maybe citrusy, but obviously you should let it stay on your skin for a while, then it reaches...the perfection! The smell never goes away whole day and I think it really suits me and my skin.

EauSensuelle
EauSensuelle

Allure by Chanel is a sweet-spicy vanilla-lemon floriental. The top notes of lemon and honeysuckle are expansive, but not heavy, but voluptuous and lead to the sizzling spiciness of the vanilla.

A great thing that I like about Allure are its sillage and longevity. The scent lasts for a pretty long time, and I keep getting whiffs of sweet summery oriental vanilla.

The only main thing I get about Allure is peachy vanilla. It is good, but it's not great, and I'd like it to have some spices. The Eau de Parfum however is worth a try. It's more spicy and... well that's in my next review I guess.

A.M.H.2
A.M.H.2

Used it when it was first launched in '96, I remember very well because it was one of the very few perfumes that made an impression on me!
I was young and bought it on a whim! After using it I felt that I didn't like it at all! I was never able to embrace this fragrance like others! I used the whole bottle just because it cost too much back then!
I noticed that it was a crowd pleaser, everywhere i went people kept asking me what I was wearing!
Personally i really tried to like it but I could't!

mynerva10
mynerva10

Best fragrance I smelled so far, I find no words to describe how unique and delicate it is. SIGNATURE SCENT!
The mixture of notes is amazing: soft, sweet, non-intrusive and powerfull turn (wonderfull), which is what makes this fragrance to exceptional and the number one of my top-ten. Vanilla, lemon, jasmine, that I can ask for more ....
When I put it on in my room,it feels around in all the house, pleasant, feminine and sweet.
And is the most praised even 10 hours after the first spray .. The next day I keep sniffing, and clothes may be even weeks ...
LONGEVITY: 10/10
SILLAGE: 10/10
SCENT: 10/10

mrsmcfall
mrsmcfall

If you like floral/oriental and you want to feel extremely sexy, try Allure. It is strong at first but don't let that detract you. It settles into a very, very sophisticated and sexy fragrance that your man will be panting for you!

KEW

I love Allure. I've been getting into perfume and smelling sooo many fragrances over the past year but this is the best by far. The initial hit is a bit sharp but it soon becomes soft, round, full, deep and powdery. Suitable for all occaisions. I hate overtly vanilla gourmond fragrances but I don't smell that type of vanilla in Allure, I think it just adds to the depth and roundness. Beautiful! I'm hoping to get a bottle soon but meanwhile make do with Marks and Spencer Sensuale which smells extremely similar but doesn't have much staying power.

jeanbean7777
jeanbean7777

The opening notes are amazing...I get a seductive sweet orange spice with a smooth sexy creaminess. I really wish it stayed there....I would pay three times the money if I could get this opening to last on me. I don't care as much for the midnotes....not enough to wash it off as it still smells good....this could be my chemistry as magnolia never smells good on me. The drydieb is BEAUTIFUL. I love the drydoen and.let.me tell you this perfume lasts EXTREMELY long. 8 hours later I could still smell it. Allure also makes.me.feel like I make three times the money and like I can fight bears and make gourmet dinners, etc....it makes.me.feel like I speak several languages and that I'm clever....it is sexy too in that I am floating just out of your.reach type way. I plan to either buy this or swap just for the effect it has on me. I want to wear this to work. I love this a lot. I think I might try out the lotion or hair products to see if the middle notes sit better on my skin in those products. I love it. Lasts all day long..

marusiatko
marusiatko

I get tons of compliments when I wear this one. It s creamy and different. I use EDT because of its vibrant head notes. After a while it settles into very creamy and powdery vanilla, but not into the foody vanilla (as in recent releases). Staying power for EDT is excellent. This perfume was created in 1996 and its originality is evident comparing to any other mass market fragrances from 2000 onwards.

evy.gc
evy.gc

WHAT A SIMPLE YET BEAUTIFUL FRAGRANCE. IT’S ABSOLUTELY FEMENINE, CLEAN AND SUBTIL.

WHEN I WEAR IT I FEEL LIKE FLOATING. THE MOST AMAZING THING ABOUT THIS FRAGRANCE IS THE SILLAGE, I MEAN, IS THERE ALL THE TIME BUT IS TOTALLY GRACEFUL AND THEREFORE VERY WELL ACCEPTED BY THE PEOPLE AROUND.

ABOUT THE NOTES I SMELL EXPENSIVE VANILLA WITH ELEGANT CITRICS: PERFECT MATCH! … CITRUS-SWETNEES, LIKE A GOOD DESSERT AT A FANCY RESTAURANTE. IF YOU’RE A CLASSY WOMAN (NO MATTER WHAT AGE) GIVE IT A TRY, YOU’LL LOVE IT… I PROMISE!

-NOT OLD FASHION PARFUM … THANK GOD!
-A LITTLE BIT POWDERY AT THE END (BUT DELICIOUS)
-GREAT STAY POWER (AROUND 7 HOURS)
-EAU THE TOILETTE IS THE BEST FOR DAY TIME
-IDEAL FOR THE OFFICE
-STAYS ON CLOTHES

ReinaT
ReinaT

This perfume always gives me an extreme headache! There must be quite a bit of synthetics in it. I would be surprised if not. Try it before you buy it

cinsot
cinsot

Allure: fluid snow-white perfume. Honeysuckle shines, vanilla sparkles, jasmine glows, magnolia glistens, water-lily glitters and sheer tangy fruits beam, anchored with dreamy sandalwood.

May Rose? Orange Blossom? Peony? Vetiver? Ah-ha.

Graceful, luminous and spellbinding.

Perfect.

echounit
echounit

This is the only Chanel fragrance I can tolerate, on me and in general. I prefer it to the EDP, which, as others have said, is far too heavy and sharp. Allure EDT is the perfect everyday scent for the winter months: rich and floral but not too sharp, sexy but also clean (not overly musky). It wears close, but long.

The best perfume ever.

150% Classy,female in a bottle, warm, close to the skin, sexy and still very modern/updated with the sexy-intelligent women from nowadays.

With Allure, Chanel achieved its modernization, maintaining its uperclass-quality/status.

My husband loooove it! finish a bottle, I buy the other.

I´m completly addicted to this scent. I like the edp also, but I prefer the edt, which is long lasting, but it´s lighter and more wearable.

Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt
Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt

a lovely fragrance, just a bit to harsh, to loud. I used to own this, and have always found it a bit difficult to wear. Then I found 'Gai Mattiolo ' ...which is sooo much like Allure, only creamier, and smoother, better balanced, much more wearable, and much more affordable.

JudyB
JudyB

A deeply layered and classically complex Chanel fragrance for a woman who is elegant, sophisticated and sexually confident. Not to be worn until you are the person it suggests! Great staying power with subtle lingering shifts. If you like I recommend Armani Lei, I find it similar but milder, a bit more girlish.

crysna
crysna

LOVE the EDT more than the EDP! its more lighter and wearable, smells so chic, feminine, and so meeee! flowery smell; perfect for that special date with my amore! love it.....

sofababe
sofababe

The opening is harsh, sharp and made me wonder if I was actually testing the right bottle (I had smelled it on a friend and adored it instantly) but given half an hour its the most amazing scent!! I only have a small decant courtesy of the aforementioned friend but I'd love to own a huge bottle of Allure. I'd better start saving! Allure is, IMHO, better than Sensuelle. I like both but Allure is more sophisticated, without the patchouli blast of its sister.

elisabethgenest
elisabethgenest

I tried it and let me tell you that just 1 spray is definitely enough!!! I suddenly had an urge to grab any young boy since it really made me feel like the ultimate "cougar" and for the record I didnt grab any young boys! Personally i prefer allure sensuelle! hope this helps ;)

vialon3
vialon3

Perfect for any season, Allure is a lovely, gentle, clean floral/green(to my nose). A powdery vanilla dry down that stays pretty much loyal. Boosts confidence and good feeling. I notice that a lot with Chanel. Allure lasts most of the day with a delicate sillage that stays close. Very happy with Allure.

Update: The above was EDT. Since reading comments and when the weather turns cooler, I Might try the EDP.

ION
ION

"Allure" is a very well made perfume, created I guess for professional women in their late 30's, onwards. There is something very American about it being a perfume "very much in order" (I can easily imagine someone working at the Wall Street wearing it for example), well mannered, not terribly sexy (but sexy enough) e.t.c.
I'd advise you to buy a bottle and use it from time to time, you can't go wrong with this one.
On certain skins doesn't perform well and the bath gel should be avoided (not a very alluring experience at all for the money) as:
1. it really needs more perfume in
2. the consistency is like not "substantial" enough
3. you don't get that feeling of clean after the shower.

* The No5 is infinitely better for washing :)

Klee
Klee

Used to love this fragrance until a crass-looking lady walking into my dentist's waiting room doused with Allure. It made me sick. Since that day (because she was so vulgar and so "over the top" with her fragrance applying), I haven't been able to wear Allure! Hate when that happens. I'll have to try Allure Sensuelle but it's hard to find! Still have a full bottle of Allure EDP that is sitting in the closet....tsk!

Sarnia
Sarnia

I love this scent and people tend to comment on how lovely it is when I am wearing it; although it does smell differently on different people. A friend of mine bought it for herself sfter smelling it on me but said it smelt awful on her.

flowers_are_evil
flowers_are_evil

I really want to like it but on me it smells like a cheap soap from a public toilet :(

natefifield
natefifield

I'm somewhat new to Chanel, but I like this one better than Chance, Coco Mademoiselle, and No. 5.

There is certainly a bit of French sophistication in Allure, but it is quite understated, not to "perfumy" like other mature perfumes.

It has a quiet beauty to it: Classical, restrained. A good choice for an elegant, mature woman, who is more admired than desired. There are other perfumes which are more "alluring" from a sensual point of view. But this perfume is a nice, conservative choice for everyday.

20thcenturyrelic
20thcenturyrelic

Wonderful on other people, but turns nasty on me. Must be a body chemistry issue. Too bad - glad I found out by sampling it, not buying it.

celestialstar19
celestialstar19

Delicate and floral, very vanilla. Its not that its boring or plain, its more for everyday wear. Its clean, and not in your face. I do not think this is a man magnet but its nice.

mamufa
mamufa

I love it! It is sexy, warm, elegant. Actually when I wear it, I don't need to wear anything else ;)
Absolutely addicting!

Kimmycat
Kimmycat

Very nice, but did detect a powdery scent to the dry down. It has staying power, but came off with too much vetiver for my chemistry.

bbbonbon
bbbonbon

I like it, but it became a little bit strong for me; I don't know how but for some strange reason I always ended up with powdery fragrances which I dislike.

Marie-Chantal
Marie-Chantal

This perfume doesn't reach my chanel expectations.It seems a little bit cheap to me as i cannot find much class in it.Although,i slightly like it because it reminds me of a friend of mine with a really strong personality!In this case,it's the person who characterizes the perfume and not the opposite as usual!

tinaelisa
tinaelisa

Hahaha the commercial for this one is really funny! (youtube above)

Winter125
Winter125

same scent with Benetton Hot but of course it is Chanel, it is still has ingredients that's definitely unique and distinctive compared to such.

onebadbaby
onebadbaby

This scent is "very Chanel" with it's musty dusty undertones which I also find in Cristalle edt, and no 19. It is a powdery floral, suitable for any time wear. It lasts well, and is quite dry and gives good sillage. Class.

morganlafay
morganlafay

Allure is for me a sister of Envy! I LOVE it. It is a green floral through and through, which is hard to find and deserves to be treasured. I could wear it all day long and not get tired of it. It is true that it's name is all wrong, if "allure" is taken to mean enticing, but if it means walking in a graceful elegant manner (from "aller" in French) then it is just right! A tremendously French scent, suitable for a well dressed mature cultured lady.

I have recently learned that the EDT, which my review is about, is quite different from the EDP that is more oriental. What a pity, because I would dearly like to have the greater endurance of the EDT scent in an EDP!

Tjaldur
Tjaldur

At first sniff I wasn't too sure about this one. However, with time it grows on you - or at least it did on me. I wouldn't recommend it during summer, though! Definitely a winter's fragrance!

truffles
truffles

Agree completely with lafefe. I've just tried this and the opening is so very sharp I wondered if maybe the sample was off. Sharp like vinegar in fact, quite offputting. It's calmed down a bit already but I don't think it's one I'd want to explore further.

treenhe
treenhe

the only time i've ever been asked by a stranger what perfume i was wearing was when i had allure on. he sniffed the air and remarked on how gorgeous it was. true, he worked in a wholesale car parts shop and i was probably the only woman he'd seen all day but even so.... :) i then had the embarrassing task of saying 'allure' which however you try and say it, sounds like you're trying to be seductive. anyhoo, i haven't worn it in years and i fear it may be just too strong for me now but i loved it's confidence back then. not for wallflowers.

lafefe
lafefe

How can such a delightful drydown start from such a sharp and cheap opening? The first 30 minutes of Allure are a terrible disaster on my skin but then it has one of the best and more refined heart and drydown ever. Still don't know whether the whole concept is worthy the expensive price, maybe I'm not a Chanel girl...

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

Lovely fragrance. Allure is sophisticated but not too mature or overly complex.

It has a slight powdery dry down but not fluffy and billowy. Warm with a little bright opening, but it doesn't invite or allure. Defintitely not a "come hither" fragrance but it does have it's own personality. Conservative with just a little spice and a nice hint of balmy floral.

Unassuming but pleasantly dignified which is probably why I chose it to wear to church today. Very wearable and comfortable and won't initimidate anyone around you.

Longevity? Lasted the whole sermon with a subtle lingering trail into the early afternoon--about 4 hours.

AjaBlue
AjaBlue

She is so very beautiful, warm, cultured, well-bred. But she is painfully boring.

SenecaWhite
SenecaWhite

Even though this is Chanel, this perfume smells very cheap and generic to me. Smells like something you can buy at Walgreen's. I'll pass.

vsmini
vsmini

As a newbie to Chanel I figured the best way to start sampling the fragrances was to purchase the pure parfum Holiday gift set of 5 Chanel classics.

My initial thought was dislike, generic, blah floral perfume. After it developing on my skin for over 45 minutes it's dried into a warm subtle citrus vanilla scent. Very soft, a slight powdery scent.

This is second in line for my favorites out of Coco, Coco Mademoiselle, No. 5 and No.19

Eleiria
Eleiria

My mom used to wear this when I was a kid and smelling Allure now brings me back to those days. It's fresh and very feminine, very refined. And when it dries down, it becomes slightly powdery, and it's still gorgeous. It's not trying to be sexy or telling everyone around that there's a hot woman there. Its image in my head is a woman with straight hair (brown, preferably), wearing neutral make up and a cashmere sweater with simple jeans. Allure is like its bottle; pure and sleek. I think this is the best perfume of the house of Chanel.

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

This is so lovely, and all I get is water lily and vanilla, but wearing it gives me a headache and it unfortunately isn't very unique. This seems to be that kind of perfume that most girls wear and smells nice, but is common. Which makes it uninteresting.

guest_catty
guest_catty

For me it´s THE SCENT!!!! my husband introduced it to me in a freeshop in Greece. He told me: "it´s your scent!" and it´s true!

It´s very classy, without being old lady (as no. 5), fresh ending up in a delightful soft sweetness. That´s why Allure is far away from being a cheap juicy.

It´s for a very self-confident and intelligent woman (as said before), who doesn´t need to be obvious to call others attention.

très racé!

MrsTefee
MrsTefee

WOW this hooked me in the first dang instant I sprayed it! Just the perfect amount of sweet lemon! Kinda of like iced lemonade with a bit of sugar mmmm and the flowery notes begin to kick in and it becomes very creamy and soft, not a musky/heavy soft but a light fresh soft! Perfect for summer I think. I am beginning to really like chanel perfumes, too bad mine is only a small tester!!!

Beautiful!

nyoka
nyoka

Thanks to rrealcoolmomma2,Im the VERY proud owner of this glorius fume.THere is nothing not to love!IT opens with the freshest lemon ,then morphs into a fruity hot juicy peach pie.YUM!After about 10 min,the peony,rose combo slip in and make a fume that could stand on its own.BUT,sweet curling jasmine fades in and makes this even more beautiful!There is every now and then a kiss of magnolia that pops out ,getting ur attention.THEN

karolla28
karolla28

Very special FOR ME. Like sea wind, sand, white linen, maybe cause of water lilly in the notes? I like it for a summer.

J'taime Guerlain
J'taime Guerlain

I'm new at this and not great at explaining the notes or being able to differentiate them, so I hope nobody minds my musings....

I fell in love with Allure back in 1998.
At the time I was a junior EA and not earning enough to just go and buy a bottle, so everytime I walked into Boots (I'm from the UK) I would spray my wrist and then spray a little Allure card I had been given previously by the Chanel Consultant, which would then go back into my Filofax.

Over the course of some weeks I fell hook, line and sinker for this beautiful fragrance and it was the vanilla that pulled me in time after time.

I've had such a love affair with Allure that I can remember where I purchased my first bottle and that I had saved enough to buy a bottle of Allure hair mist as well. Because it was a department store the Chanel consultant added a few extras in miniatures which encouraged my affection.

I love the way I feel when I spray this on my wrist, the brightness is sharp with the vanilla right underneath all smooth and powdery.
I get the citrus burst, then the floral heart notes, but these all blend into one flower bomb, it's the mixture of vanilla and sandalwood that is ever present for me.

It has become the fragrance I'm known for wearing on special occasions. I wore Allure EdT on my wedding day and honeymoon evenings so it has true resonance for my H & I.
I bought H the Allure pour homme and that is sooo gorgeous on him.

Allure & I did part company for a while as the department I later worked in contained a lady who wore Allure - and rather too much of it - to work each day and that kind of spoilt it for me, but I can happily say we are in love all over again and this time I'm also very fond of her family: EdP & Sensuelle.

PS I still have my little Allure card, it's very yellowed from age and being spritzed but it's in the Filofax I used the year I was married.

Juma
Juma

I agree, it's classy, sophisticaed and mature scent with strong character. Not for teens but for Woman.
I own Allure Sensuelle and I love both. Great lasting power, it's Chanel!
Maybe it is my next Chanel, I hope!

frangrant1000
frangrant1000

it was so strong. long drives + allure is not good. it made me sick. it is a very sharp, striking and strong scent. it it a bit citrusy, too. good for speical nights, but its not my "daily" kind of scent.

I've been wearing Allure in EdP some yeras ago and liked it so much more than EdT.
EdT made me feel sick and nauseous when it first came to the market. My very first impression was repulsion with cloying effect.
Strange enough, this is a first reaction I get with almost every new launch of fragrances that later become most wanted-sexy-turn-heads-modern-classics.

lyndsey12
lyndsey12

This was bought for me as a present and although it was pleasant to use, it wasn't outstanding enough to buy another bottle. There are less expensive perfumes I prefer!
I mainly wore it in the evening, although it could be worn in the daytime for a more formal occasion.

sofiii
sofiii

Somehow I think Allue should be called insolence or something similar. To me, after so many times of coming back and trying on, it's just not alluring at all.

Allue(EDT) starts kinda ok with nice decreet somewhat sharp mandarin orange and some dusky musky notes. Every now and then I can smell something fresh and crispy like begamont, but in a weird synthetic elegant Chanel way.

The drydown is weird, it emmits more musky dusky aura. However, around 12 hours later, it smells lovely, creamy vanilla is dominant and dances with some of the dusky notes. but I'm sorry, I'm not patient enought to wait for 12 hours, nor any good at timing and planing when to spray Allure to make sure that I'll be lucky enought to escape the top and middle notes.

The Parfum is sweeter, less citrusy, richer and cloying. It's more tart and spicier in comparison with the EdT.

I guess Allue is a love or hate perfume, even thought it has a reputation of 'skin scent', I simply repal this Allue skin scent.

Try before you buy.

RRCOOLMAMA2
RRCOOLMAMA2

I didn't like the first few minutes of this, it reminds me of fruits left outside in the sun. After that was thankfully gone, it became very pleasant I couldn't stop smelling my wrist. I wouldn't buy this basically because I doubt I would wear this often. For me it's important that I have high traffic usage with my perfumes. It's a nice Chanel.

Rouu
Rouu

well, tasted this yesterday , and i was disappointed !
its nice fragrance but i expected something quite sweeter or lighter !
the dry down gave me a headache i do HATE Egyptian jasmine ( here we name it Fol )
its one of the notes i not just dislike,but i do hate !
it was bad to lose such a great fragrance for the dry down !

EskimoKissez
EskimoKissez

There should be an "eh" button for those who do not like a perfume but then do not necessarily dislike it. This is the first perfume that I think I will have to come back at a later time and retest because I don't know how I feel about it yet. I like how it smells on the paper a few hours later but my initial impression was not strongly for it.

ilikethequiet
ilikethequiet

I thought I loved Chanel's Chance, but after testing Allure, I find myself preferring the latter far beyond the former.

The citruses are fresh and uplifting, the florals are beautiful and feminine without being overpowering, and the vanilla adds depth and warmth to the scent. The water lily in the middle notes is positively heavenly, and the Egyptian jasmine has me sniffing my wrist over and over. The jasmine is perfectly balanced with the vanilla and lemon notes, too.

Allure is definitely a must-have perfume for my collection- it has just the right balance of freshness and warmth, femininity and spiciness. This scent certainly lives up to it's name; I'm completely captivated!

perfumepromosince16
perfumepromosince16

women's lib in a bottle - you know the woman who can have it all? career, family, social life, brains, beauty, etc. etc.? well this is her...

guest_sistertricked
guest_sistertricked

I have only recently come across chanels in general, and Allure as well. Needless to say that never have I before encountered such staying power as with chanels. One dab is more than enough to feel the perfume molecules evolve onto your skin and invade your whole person. The secret with Allure is moderation. On me the scent is kaleidoscopic, if I may say so: there are notes getting in motion, playing hide and seek, letting me feel different sensations, different notes, so there cannot be only one word for describing it. It starts fresh with lemon and vanillic flowers, moves towards passionfruit and bergamot, then the citrus tingles your nose again and lotus and magnolia bring frashness once more, and so on it goes again. I do not find Allure a boring scent, on the contrary, it keeps you alert and challenges you. It is fresh, green, floral, woody, it is intelligent indeed, as someone pointed before, maybe because it has a mission - to keep your nostrils busy a little at a time.
I find Allure very similar to Gattinoni's Couture, does anybody confirm?

Cyndyava
Cyndyava

I do not like this one. However, it will forever remind me of one of my most-admired woman. She was an elegant swan, walking on air. Her office waiting room always had the faint smell of her perfume, Allure- wafting pleasantly in the air...and this is how I remember this perfume and this is the only reason I like it. Pure memory. Pure love.

lisaanz
lisaanz

This is very nice, but seems to me to be very safe- inoffensive but not striking or unique.
I don't smell the fruity tones, mostly the lily, magnolia and jasmin.
Fine to wear to work, or if you want to smell pretty but not make much of a statement.

l'essence
l'essence

I have a small bottle from the Chanel assortment of 5. A bit disappointing as I like Chanel, but only the Vanilla stands out for me - it seems like almond too and reminds me of Lou-Lou, which I had in the eighties. To be fair, it's a very warm day, so I should try it again in winter as this is obviously not a summer scent.

guest_noa
guest_noa

Apparent my body chemistry doesn't mix well with this perfume. It smells too strong and gives headache to anyone around me.

krestfallen
krestfallen

too strong i think. give me headache. but still is a good perfume for those who could wear it.

LenaBel
LenaBel

Yes it is sophisticated and elegant. I imagine classic red lips, porcelain skin, cigarette and red nails.
However, it turns powdery really quickly on my skin and this powdery smell is not very pleasant to my nose...It reminds me of strong baby powder smell+sharp flowers.
Very long lasting. Maybe I am still too young for this.

Anahi
Anahi

After testing both this Eau de Toilette, and the Eau de Parfum, I'm actually suprised that I like this a little better than the Eau de Parfum. It does smell very orange-ey/lemon-ey at first but then it settles really nicely on my skin leaving a nice warm and fruity smell. The Eau de Parfum smelt like a whollop of coconuts, but they're both really nice!

I have gone through several bottles of ALLURE, both edt and edp, and I honestly had no idea that they were totally different formulas! I can only attest that this edt that I am wearing right now is luscious, almost delicious, and imbues me with a sense of calm. I could honestly spray ALLURE on myself all day--it doesn't pile up in a toxic way. Instead ALLURE is utterly simple and guileless, totally predictable. ALLURE is the very antithesis of the great floral aldehydes, which captivate with their undulating waves. But I love ALLURE all the same. It's sweet but not cloyingly so.

This would be a fine desert island perfume, it seems to me. Sometimes one seeks certainty, stability, and dependability, something one can count on...

c3c
c3c

This was interesting on paper, but on my skin it turns musty. What I would consider the better portion disappeared. I wouldn't say you shouldn't try it though. Obviously it must work better on others. Someone mentioned harsh, I didn't find it harsh at all, just not my style. I didn't pick up any vanilla.

holly13
holly13

It smells sour and bitter on me. I don't like it. The smell of magnolia is not my favorite. I need to advance my perfume skills. Do they have professional perfume classes in college? Do those people just study chemicals and chemistry?

milena
milena

I had the edt and received a lot of compliments.It is pricey, worth every dollar.This fragrance so different to other perfumes.ALLURING AND SEXY.

pansylady
pansylady

If I could only have one fragrance... it would have to be Allure- it is as multi-dimensional as a prism, and is pure sophistication-
Maybe this is what Heaven smells like...

amelie
amelie

EdP&EdT, I have both and do not even know what to say about it...to me a bit strange, although wonderful smells, and others like it, but not me. Reminds me of expensive sun cream, sort of hard with a few dominant notes and I don't like it. Lasting, intense with too much vanilla, EdT is quite similar to Fendi2004!
Actually I like a lot more Allure for men.

zvoncica
zvoncica

Its a bit strong and powdery at first, then it settles (really fast) into flowerish delight with a gentle touch of powder sensation. At the end woods overtake the floral place, bringing your senses to the dreamy bliss.

Perfect for all generations, through every seasons, great lasting power, not too loud or sweet.

Wanna feel as a stylish, classy, almighty women? Dont wait. Get the Allure.

MissLola
MissLola

I try this EDT today and I don't like it, althoug I don't know how the EDP is ? So maby i like that one better ?

mypersonalharmonics
mypersonalharmonics

This is an elegant example of a "skinscent". No flowers in sight, no heavy spices trying too hard, just inviting skin.
The only reason I haven't bought it ever again since its launch, is that it is"so 90's"that I cannot spray it without taking a trip back in time. Too yuppy-chic. But this is my problem.
Probably the best Chanel of my generation.

HelloLovely27
HelloLovely27

I can see why some would say this is a seriously sexy perfume, it does have sex appeal. There is something so refined about it though.
It is so comforting as well all though it is gorgeous and feminine it is relaxed and conforting. I can see Michael Pfeiffer in One Fine Day wearing this. She is a loving mother but she is strong sexy independent refined and oh so classy.

Cherub573
Cherub573

I wore this fragrance in my late teens. I thought it was a sophisticated floral. Just a tad sweet, but not fruity or sugary in any way. It has extraordinary staying power (think all day) and sillage.

In fact, part of the reason I had to give away my bottle was because even misting and walking through one spray of the perfume was too much for my nose. It's the only Chanel fragrance I've worn for any amount of time because they all smell too strong to me and induce headaches.

allexa27
allexa27

One of the best perfumes ever.It is so classy,so sexy elegant.In few words-it`s CHANEL!
P.S Lasting power-excellent

vertigo
vertigo

fresh-floral-fruity-oriental-woody ... floral-abstract

I've heard that the word 'allure' is used in France to describe a woman of strong personality, who catches attention, but isn't always a long-legged beauty. And the fragrance was made for a woman like this: extraordinarily elegant, nimble cosmopolitan with a sensual, feminine charm.

The bottle was designed by Jacques Helleu and is almost as ascetic as Chanel No 5 bottle.

again it comes to a chanel perfume;the most famous house in the world and the less favorite of mine!
by the way it's chanel and it's obvious because of the special signature of all chanel perfumes.
it's sweet and classic.personally I can't smell all of the notes listed here.I just smell strong floral notes;peony,lily of the valley and magnolia.but there isn't any ylang-ylang,because I don't smell that kind of sharp floral scents in this one.
I can summarize the smelling in two words:"floral" and "sweet".
it's less sharper than most of chanel perfumes,but still it has strong notes that I can't take for a long time,but I should confess that it's less overwhelming than allure sensuelle.
by the way I don't understand people who pay lots of money to buy an average perfume like this!you can always find a head-ache bottle for a lower price!

manitrabe
manitrabe

I love this perfume!!!! A fragrance for a modern woman

sky76sky
sky76sky

This fragrance defines a decade. I used to love the warm, ambre-vanilla scent, but now I fnd it ...well, very vanilla: a bit boring. It is still a lovely scent, if a little sweet, but too many people wore it too often & it became a background to the late 90's, & not a signature showstopper. It suited my moodat that time in my life - flirty, young, pleasant, but didn't really know what I wanted yet. I grew up, it didn't...I waved goodbye.

Yana
Yana

My adorable Chanel.I like Citrus+Vanila and so famous base notes rose+jasmine. It's suitable almost everywhere and extremely beautifull in the rain. Allure is loved by men and women often ask me the name, when they smell the gorgeous trail of me. It's longlasting and makes you feel stylish, elegant and sexy...

ktv0926
ktv0926

Allure is a very nice floral, elegant and has this appealing to everybody nature. It doesn't stand out, just like its bottle - simple, modest and elegant.
Personally, I prefer Allure Sensuelle, it's got more character in it, but I wouldn't mind buying Allure one day either.

guest_juice lips
guest_juice  lips

chanel allure

now thats a perfume

Wildeparker
Wildeparker

Very delicious, very classy but GOD everyone was wearing it when it first came out. However, even after smelling it on every street corner for two years it still turns my head when I smell it now. It's very good and as someone said "intelligent", I'd agree with that. Anyone can wear it but it's probably best if you're over 28.

snobuni77
snobuni77

I am loving allure right now.I got a sample & it is very spicy & warm after about an hour it gets even yummier.I do smell vanilla.

I also smell class. I had a VERY classy aunt when I was younger. I don't think she wore this but it reminds me of her. (she passed years ago)

kori_an
kori_an

Rich, warm oriental scent,sensual and feminine,elegant and passional...all in one.

Cari888
Cari888

Like "sneza" for many years I was not at all enticed by Chanel fragrances, but Chance and Allure are wonderful. Allure dries down to a scent with warmth but not to heady and sweet. It makes me feel elegant and confident. On me it is long lasting, too.

model_wannabe
model_wannabe

i like edp better. it-s very strong at first, fresh but after a couple of minutes it turns into a warms nice smell, i think it's vanilla

sneza
sneza

…sad because of ''No 5'' I was ''running away'' for years from Chanell, and then the friday, the cloudy and rainy friday mixed it up with the smel of my wet skin and he developed into a worm, sensual, optimistic parfume which I couldn't not to wish. Entering in, all wet in my house I ''brought'' the smell of prefine elegance and bravery, and my room smelt the whole night like him. Tomorrow, Aluure was a present given to me by my housband….

andruska
andruska

Elegant, feminine, adorable. It doesn't smell like any other perfume, I can recognize it immediately.

Mitsouko
Mitsouko

When my girlfriend, which like sport dress, has short hair, not like make up, smells Allure, in my eyes she changed in to beautiful, full charm princess. Sometime I used to this sweet, elegant perfume, and then, I felt, that people sees somebody exceptional in me. Unfortunately, later from Allure ached my head. Big damage, because it is as fairy flute: all want to hurry for this smell, very femine song.

cdawnn1
cdawnn1

Allure is lives up to its name--and more. It's definitely alluring, elegant, feminine, and beautiful. It is definitely one of a kind. For me, it is a comfort scent. Sometimes I wear it on casual days, but I think it is especially a great choice for special occasions. Such a romantic fragrance that lasts and is worth every penny!

wildflower

Another weird thing is, that in some days, this smells very sweet and kind of fruity on my skin. Other days it is strong, floral, and clean, not that sweet..

wildflower

For me, this goes also at summer. Especially here in finland, now that it has been raining almoust every day and temperature is about +15c - +20c

melozberk
melozberk

Only for special days and winter time for me. Sometimes I find it too much strong but still can not help enjoying the sweet warmness. Stylish and inviting at the same time.

Aiona
Aiona

A bottle of Allure (Eau de Toilette) was given to me by my mom, whom I love dearly, but who has a completely different nose from mine! She likes this scent! I, on the otherhand, find it way too floral for my liking. I get a headache from one spritz of it. I know so many people love this scent, and I'm sure it smells great on them, but I'll leave it to them to wear it.

elgab89

Just an update - I have got this perfume last week and I got so addicted that I kept wearing it (very unusual for me - to wear the same thing every day). Outstanding fragrance.

zoka
zoka

Allure is scent of one of my best friends. When I feel it in the air I look around is she somewhere close.

It goes with style, elegance, intelligence ...

elgab89

I have to confess I did not use much Chanel in my life. I am a fan of Guerlain mostly. So, paasing by the cosmetic department I said to myself I had to try one, so Allure was the closest to my hand. I splashed it on me and Hello! simply loved it! i couldn't stop smelling myself all day. The description is right, at first a little citrusy and then it develops so nice, so warm. Guess what my next purchase will be?

Allure by Chanel 3.83 out of 5 based on 1411 ratings and 190 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Chanel Allure fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Chanel Allure, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Allure by Chanel. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Allure by Chanel represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.