Designers » C » Oriental Woody « Groups

Allure Pour Homme Chanel for men
dislike
Total people voted: 2073

I have it: 1710 I had it: 774 I want it: 1155 My signature: 98

Allure Pour Homme Chanel for men Pictures Allure Pour Homme Chanel for men Pictures Allure Pour Homme Chanel for men Pictures Allure Pour Homme Chanel for men Pictures Allure Pour Homme Chanel for men Pictures Allure Pour Homme Chanel for men Pictures

His allure, or pace, is determined, but lightsome. The composition is created of four main fragrant lines: green freshness, warm sharpness of pepper, strength and elegance of wood, and warm sensuality of labdanum, and tonka. None of these main lines can be sensed separately, together they create a harmonious whole. The top notes are mandarin, lemon, peach and bergamot; middle notes – freesia, geranium, rose and jasmine, and in the base – benzoin, tonka, sandalwood and vanilla. The perfume was created by famous Jacques Polge and launched in 1999.

Ginger Lavender Mandarin Orange Peach Bergamot Lemon

Gardenia Patchouli Freesia Jasmine Vetiver Anise Cedar Pepper Rose Brazilian Rosewood

Leather Sandalwood Tonka Bean Amber Musk Benzoin Coconut Oakmoss Vanilla

A Sports Man Classic

Allure Pour Homme Fragrance Reviews

Gabbie Douce
Gabbie Douce

My boyfriend uses it. It's sweet, warm and creamy. At first a little spicy and leathery, musky, but very sweet. Vanilla, amber and Tonka bean lasts really long, even for days on coat. It reminds me a very classy, wealthy man in his 30s. In fall and winter it smells wonderful. But please do NOT wear it summer.

heavenlyglasses
heavenlyglasses

For years, I've been looking for an acceptable daytime, work-friendly, all-season, safe bet fragrance. The problem was my general unabashed hatred for those types of fragrances: aquatic notes are best suited for toilet cleaning products as far as I am concerned, and bright citrus notes without serious underpinnings bore me. I was aware of Allure, obviously, given its popularity and, at a certain point, ubiquity, but only having tried it on paper, I dismissed it as generic and uninteresting.

Recently, I gave it another shot, this time spraying it on my skin. I was quite surprised to discover the complexity that lies beneath the initial citrusy opening. The drydown is where this fragrance shines; it's absolutely impossible for me to pinpoint a dominant note, but there are subtle hints of almost everything I could want in a perfume. Balance is the keyword here, and it explains why all the familiar notes combined in it manage to generate a surprisingly unique and original scent.

To be completely fair, though, this isn't a fragrance that generates passionate devotion; however, its subtlety is what makes Allure Homme such a perfect all-season daytime/work scent.

Kharnak Rex
Kharnak Rex

Bright fresh masculine citrus, it's more citrus Lemony than Egoiste, and more spicy Green than "Bleu". it's rather sporty, nothing too ground breaking, but well blended and complex. the dry down doesn't smell cheap or synthetic.
sillage: modest
longevity: pretty ok

alsyaid
alsyaid

kalo mau cari parfum yang goal nya : monster longevity , pilih ini deh . tp kalo pribadi , gue gak bakal beli parfum ini , cukup sniff aja . krn selain harganya mahaaaall ,haha , ini parfum juga udah banyak yang makeeee .

Syzygy73
Syzygy73

Chanel can really swing from the sublime to the ordinary. This is more ordinary, not poor, but just lacking a bit of sophistication. A pretty girl you'd give a second glance but wouldn't be rushing up to with flowers.

Ferrogamo2015
Ferrogamo2015

What can I said to u guys !!!! Here is answer

joahel
joahel

I owned this in 2008 and let me tell you, it was great! Several girls complimented me on how good i was smelling. My dad wears it now and I must say that it smells great on him as well.

seachase
seachase

Allure Pour Homme, how do I love thee ?!
I swear, every time I wear and smell this stunning cologne I practically need a wheelchair, a cold, wet washcloth and someone to fan me back to consciousness.
This stuff is so amazing, and so gorgeous, and so unearthly beautiful that it makes me weak in the knees and sends me to a special place.
It's so perfect that I couldn't even begin to describe it, so all I can do is give you my reaction.

Scent - 10
Sillage - 10
Longevity - 10

aero_captain2003
aero_captain2003

What a beautiful fragrance this is. Very creamy and buttery aroma throughout the top and middle notes. Call me crazy, but the bottom notes take on a (very subtle and vague) form of New Haarlem. Actually, I think this makes a good daytime option for those wanting the bottom-note vibe of New Haarlem but without the initial projection. I think you would need to take the bottle with you to the office and reapply after about the 5-hour mark to last the entire work day, but I think it's worthwhile.

I do not, however, consider this to be a gourmand scent even with my comments above. Overall, this is certainly a nice woody fragrance with some creamy coconut giving it the smoothness throughout.

mrjesse

Have about 20ml of the vintage juice left. Amazing! One of my top 5!

Does anyone know if there is a difference between the boxes of the vintage and reformulation version? I desperately want another vintage bottle before they're all gone, can you tell from the boxes or do you have to see the bottle itself?

obenno
obenno

A decent scent with feminine qualities that has excellent projection. Be light on the trigger with this one! A nice smell, however it quickly becomes too much, it's not a subtle scent, it screams at you, sometimes a bit too much, not something I want to smell every day Good for outdoors events.

Redbeard
Redbeard

This is a very strong combination of fruit and spice, with a moderate amount of wood. It's always struck me as very synthetic, though, and the fruit in the top notes immediately makes me think of Lucky #6 or Soul by Curve, or any other discount store brand fruit fragrance. It's like a candied red apple with some kiwi or other tropical fruit thrown in, plus that all-too-common trace of cherry which always turns me off. Or "eau de everything at the fragrance counter hanging around it in a cloud". Considering how good some of the flankers are, it's a bit of a disappointment for me, though some of their newer, bluer offerings (!) have been pretty lousy. As the sharpness of the fruit recedes a bit (apple fading into strawberry?), it paves the way for more resinous notes and a bit of vanilla, but the mix still stays strong, chemical, and metallic. I also think it gets more powdery as it goes, and even overtly floral in the later stages, which I could definitely do without, and it's not spicy enough at any stage (i.e. never enough spice to counteract the sweetness). What I think kills the fragrance is how over-constructed it is, as if they put so much effort into blending so many intense notes that it just becomes an unrelentingly sweet fruit overload.

adyyy7
adyyy7

Of course is a quality one as any other Chanel.I don't see the citrus dominant note.Last long ,smells good and masculine ,good for all ages.

09scottm

thanks guys! turns out I have the older formulation (perks of having a girlfriend that works in a store that sells fragrances!) they must have been selling off stock they had too much of including testers so my girlfriend picked it up for dirt cheap. mine has the "eau de toilette" on the actual bottle. guess I just lucked out as I love this fragrance! thanks once again.

Bogarde
Bogarde

@Thecameltotem you're right.

Old formulation: as you can see above, no silver engraved Chanel logo on the cap. On the bottle you can see: "Allure homme" + "Chanel" + "eau de toilette".

New formulation: silver engraved Chanel logo on the cap and on the bottle: only "allure homme" that's it. Nothing more below.

p.s. I have both.

Amazing fragance and very versatile, the citrus-peach-creamy combo is awesome a 9 out of 10 for me

@09scottm

From what I can tell all the new bottles don't have the "Chanel Eau de toilette" on the bottom of the front cover.

If it just says Allure homme and Chanel under it and nothing else on the front you have the new reformulated version.

09scottm

I have a 100 ml tester bottle of this but other than the cap on the bottle how can you tell which is the older formulation and which is the newer formulation??

Thecameltotem

I usually think most people who screams reformulations ruins this and that is over dramatic. But on this on it's actually true.

The new formulation with the silver engraved Chanel logo on the cap is really disappointing.

The initial smell is just weaker directly, just feels colder and less of everything. It seriously starts as a skin scent on me. I sprayed 3 sprays of this on me, went to my sister 1 HOUR later and waited for her to notice anything. She said nothing so I asked her if she could smell it and NOTHING. She had to put her nose to my neck to smell it, yeah she loved it and I still think it smells amazing however the oomph is just gone. No performance what so ever.

If there is any place I can buy the old formulation or get it somehow PLEASE contact me. This is my favorite perfume.

Nuhgwin
Nuhgwin

I was going to let this guy go because Allure Homme Sport and Eau Extreme were becoming my main players for casual wear and gaining compliments. But then after I stopped comparing the Allure Homme Sport's to this, I remembered what made this scent special. It's classic, it's layered nicely, sophisticated, and was my high school graduation scent (cheesy).

I get a sweet citrusy/peach, vanilla, tonka bean scent throughout Allure's life. Not too sweet and not too sour. Now one of the main things that had me upset with this scent was the projection and longevity. This scent doesn't project as well as Allure Homme Sport, the longevity goes about 3-4 hours noticeable then to a skin scent. I'm betting the Original is on another level, sadly I got the reformulation.

wonderlife
wonderlife

In the past, Allure meant I was in good hands. It was rich, down-to-earth yet sophisticated. A very rare quality that's hard to find today with modern fragrances. I first received this gem as a birthday gift. My relative said "This is what a real man's cologne should be." And she was right. Unfortunately I was a novice to fragrances and I took it for granted. I didn't realize how right she was until a dozen fragrances later.

Few can compare to the vintage Allure, much less the current reformulation. Allure today is unrecognizable. The opening is dull and it dies within an hour as if it was never there. Looking back I should have bought one every year since my 21st birthday. I never thought Chanel would actually tamper with something that perfect.

randytheaviator
randytheaviator

I find it unbelievable that nobody in the internet world thinks that this juice smells like Etienne Aigner Private Number for Men.

I just got my package yesterday, and i sprayed it immediately in my wrist and boy.. my first impression is exactly that.. My dad introduced me to the world of perfume with that Private Number and Drakkar Noir, i was 6-7 at the time, so my nose is very trained in smelling both.

lemmenkukka
lemmenkukka

This has been my top 5 men scents over 10 years. It´s stylish in any situation and not overpouring, still very manly though. After shave lotion smells divine. I recommend this highly. Very well done, Chanel

riffjim4069
riffjim4069

A masterpiece that I cannot wait to start wearing again in the fall. During the summer I will wear Allure Homme Sport along with their highly underrated offspring Homme Eau Extreme, which is a near masterpiece despite the blind hatred. However, there is just something special about this original formula that sets it apart from the others.

I can't add anything new to the discussion other than to say this fragrance lasts 7-8 hours on my skin and projects about average. Just a well-blended classic!

Henrythe9th
Henrythe9th

This is the scent that made my wonder: Is Allure Pour Homme the perfect one? Is this is? But the second time I found it to polite. The third time not really having an edge. Lacking some personality. And so on. Some small adjustments away from being THAT SCENT. But different complaints every time.

Finally bought it this summer. And then the warm weather changed into... autumn. So I tried it again. And again, and I finally got it. It is not the perfect scent. But it is indeed a great one. Easily up there with the best. Why? Because it is so well blended and beautifully balanced. It is a masterpiece. One of Jacques Polge's finest creations.

It is one of those scents that starts of delightfully (citrus, fruity) and then only gets better (Tonka bean, vanilla, pepper among others) until the dry down, which is almost perfect with sweet vanilla, some wood, and tonka bean etc.

Sillage: 8/10
Longevity: 7,5/10 (7 – 8 hours)
Versatility: 9,5/10
Overall: 34/40 (Great, beautifully balanced scent for most occations.)

With slightly better performance and some minor adjustments this would be at my no 1. To me this is almost perfect for any occation during the colder months. You should definitely try it! One to love.

INJEN
INJEN

I bought this masterpiece for the second time. Because its that good.

Thecameltotem

This is probably one of the best smelling perfumes.

Why i don't have a bottle of this already is crazy.

Love it so much.

RUDOLFO512

Allure by Chanel is a beautiful combination of vanilla, citrus and fruit. The first spray is very light and sweet and the dry down is very soft and warm (vanilla/citrus). Perfect for the hot summer months. Allure has lots of class and is perfect for the office or a daytime get together. It lasts a very long time on me 6-7 hours.

Sabantien
Sabantien

A female workmate convinced me I need to get a nice fragrance, so we went shopping. I tried many different fragrances, plenty smelled lovely on the paper, but after a time on my skin they turned.

If anything, Allure became better. My first scent, and I love it. It has an incredibly smooth smell, no bitter chemical smell I'm so used to from deodorants, and have noticed in other fragrances I've tried.

It does last, but a quick top up spray after lunch and I feel a whole lot fresher, which I enjoy. I've been wearing it most days for months now and I still love the smell. Girls I've dated have remarked on it favourably, as well as workmates; one of whom stopped mid sentence to tell me how good I was smelling.

While I'm still looking for new fragrances, this one is definitely a keeper.

Ryanmmas26

Beautiful fragrance !!! Tried this again after not wearing it in over a year and Ive fallen in love all over again and Im especially loving the way the citruses come out in summer :)

To me this a fragrance that has something in it everyone will enjoy as it has freshness from the citruses,gourmandish tendencies with the vanilla, and really elegant woodsy and spicy notes. This is extremely well blended and is my favorite fragrance from Chanel. This smell to me is just an extremely elegant masterpiece thats great for all around use and great for any season. (Just keep in mind though 2-3 sprays in summer is plenty as this can become cloying if overapplied)

The performance on this is excellent as well as this lasts on me 8-10 hours and projects above average for about 3 hours ! ... Also this was my go to church scent for a long time and will be again :)

My rating of this is a 8.75 out of 10 !

K1
K1

Everything about Allure is summarized in a facial impression: deep breath and smile! Allure is one of the dandiest perfumes ever; pure class; a legendary concoction on vanilla'ish citruses and spicy woods. A mandatory and a heritage of 90's romantic scents. A perfume for every man and every time.

Ferdinand66
Ferdinand66

I just want to say to those that love this fragrance like I do that Chanel has changed/reformulated this juice. If you have the vintage bottle that Fragrantica has pictured above with "ALLURE HOMME" & "CHANEL EAU DE TOILETTE" printed on the front of the bottle and the cap is plain dark platinum with a flat finish, then that's the vintage juice. The new bottle only has ALLURE HOMME printed on the front of the bottle with a light platinum topper with a metal ring around it engraved with CHANEL.

The vintage juice that came out in the early part of the late 90's was actually a bit more smoother. You can really notice at first spray the more prominent smell of all the citrus notes and ginger, fruitiness of peach and earthy nuance of lavender, blended well with the base notes of vanilla, amber musk, sandalwood and resins, and it has a more balmy aura to it.
In the new formulation you sort of get this same composition in the beginning but more prominent is the sharpness of the pepper and anise notes combined with the powdery woody notes of rosewood and rose & slightly dry and bitterness of vetiver.
So the smell is much stronger, I guess you could say more aggressive smelling than the vintage juice. It's less linear than the vintage composition. The drydown to the end is actually similar but the earthy-spicy-sharpness of the pepper & anise kind of stays.
The base notes really keeps the DNA of this juice in tact though. A few hours within the drydown is where the original scent from the vintage juice really starts prevailing, which is real nice!.
Some people have said that the longevity and sillage of this frag is too light and moderate but for me I get a good 8 hrs and people do smell it around me or if I'm passing by. But I have to admit that even though the newer version has a much more stronger spicy-earthy-powdery scent the strength seems to be less than the vintage juice, the projection is not as much.
But having said all that, this original from Chanel is still in my Top5 and one of my signature scents, due to the fact that IMO Chanel really creates quality fragrances. Though I do much prefer the smell of the juice in the vintage bottle which I had been fortunate enough to have acquired from a family owned little perfume boutique around my area.

Idlehands

this fragrance does it all. sweet, woody, citrus, smokey. this is my go to. i cant say enough good things about it. truly.

1welshdevil
1welshdevil

I remember the impact this had when I was launched, at the time I was may more interested in Guerlain's Coriolan, funny how some masterpices last and some don't. Fortunately Allure did. It is sensational still, smells beautiful on the skin, how anyone couldn't love it is beyond me
My favourite part of it is the drydown, warm woody vanilla, superb. Chanel have this in the collection. And people buy bleu, don't get it. Allure Homme, the perfect 10

panoulis1992

longevity:8/10
projection:8/10
sillage:7/10
versatility:8/10
overall:39/50

jesseo11
jesseo11

This smells delicious on my skin. It also provides the longevity and sillage that I'm looking for. I use 2 sprays on each arm and 2 on my neck. Projects in a 6 foot radius for about 4 hours and remains a fantastic skin scent for the rest of the day. Great for casual daytime wear. Would go well with a light coloured outfit. Most reviewers say this doesn't work for summer, but for me it does and I plan to wear it in the summer. Reminds me of lemon meringue pie and sunshine. It is versatile and uplifting.

Staticks
Staticks

@azizhejji: The correct phrase is "light and boring." Not "light and bored." This perfume isn't in Statistics class falling asleep of boredom.

cmbathyal
cmbathyal

A Class scent with fresh undertone..so well blended. This one has character and versatility. performance is sadly average on my skin...
Only perfume which i blind buy from Chanel house.

stanky
stanky

This to me is an epitome of the word perfume! It smell classy and luxurious! It is an all-rounder suitable for all occasions. Day and night. Compliment getter.

mikedvd5588
mikedvd5588

setelah membeli Bleu de chanel, allure homme sport, allure homme sport eau extreme, allure homme edition blanche, serta duo bersaudara egoiste dan platinum egoiste, gw memutuskan untuk stop dalam pembelian parfum dari chanel karna merasa udah cukup puas. tapi ternyata melupakan original allure homme merupakan kesalahan Terbesar yg pernah saya buat. dan setelah membeli full bottle 100ml pada akhir pekan kemarin, saya memutuskan bahwa The original Allure homme mempunyai notes terbaik dari semua parfum chanel yg saya miliki sebelumnya. walaupun longevity nya masih lebih baik allure homme sport di kulit saya. perpaduan lemon, kayu manis, vanilla, kayu kayuan, buah buahan, yg kaya dan maskulin dari allure homme tiada duanya. parfum ini Terbaik dari rumah chanel dalam koleksi saya. sekian..

bart4543
bart4543

HOW CAN YOU GO WRONG WITH THIS REALLY. YOU GET THE BEST OF EVERYTHING. CLASSY, MATURE ,ELEGANT ,NATURAL ,SWEET, SPICY,WOODY, VELVETY SMOOTH AND CREAMY . ITS GOT TO BE A TOP 10 IN ANYBODY LIST. ALL THE FLANKERS ARE GREAT TOO BUT THE ORIGINAL IS DEFINITELY MORE COMPLEX AND ULTIMATELY SPECIAL. BEST OFFERING FROM THE HOUSE OF CHANEL. ALL THE MANY NOTES ARE WELL BALANCED, GREAT STUFF THIS

chris.kragel
chris.kragel

My Benchmark for Fragrances

Allure Homme is definitely in my top 5, as it sits easily as the comparison for most other fragrances.
It opens quickly with a woody aromatic, and quickly dries down to a peppery aromatic of vivacious sweetness and alluring qualities (hence the name). This cologne is the staple of my collection, as it projects well and is quite attractive to any within range.
I frequently utilize this cologne for any occasion, whether it be professional, work related, or informal going out. It is quite versatile, and rather complimenting to any form. I also get compliments with this cologne at work, as many ladies say that it is mysterious and pleasant.
Be careful on the trigger of this one, as I have had people tell me that they can smell me up to ten feet away in a room. I typically spray two to the chest, and once on the neck, and done. Any more, and the projection will easily reach anyone across a closed space.

Projection- 9/10 (Will fill a room quickly)
Longevity- 8/10 (8+ hours on oily skin)
Versatility- 10/10 (Any occasion)
Smell- 10/10 (Purely wonderful and amazing!)

mcaldow
mcaldow

I showed this fragrance to my dad because I thought it was great, and he absolutely loved this fragrance. The sillage and longevity are perfect, not to mention that the scent is just wonderful and an essential to any collection.
4/5 stars - perfect for any adult man, over 25

jiujitsuhero
jiujitsuhero

I just bought this fragrance today. And it is amazing. It was a great blind buy. I wore it and got good compliments, from both men and women. definitely got recognized at work. It pushed away all those cheap body sprays and cvs colognes wore by students. that was pretty awesome. I think i definitely found my favorite Designer house.

L3dani
L3dani

Very, very weak on my skin. I'm having a hard time smelling something.

ahmedyoussif4000
ahmedyoussif4000

CLASSIC

Thecameltotem

You only need this perfume!

This is the PERFECT office scent.

I can go on and on but seriously all you need to know is that you have to have this. It's amazing.

FTW Nose
FTW Nose

This is a people pleaser for sure. It is somewhat complex for a designer fragrance. It gets a modest amount of compliments, but I think many people have smelled this one so it just doesn't capture their attention. It is extremely versatile and offers flankers for those that want to have this scent as their signature scent. I haven't purchased any flankers mainly due to the fact that the original serves it's purpose and I see no need for a rehash. When it is gone, I doubt I will replace it in the collection. Maybe I will go to Edition Blanche at that time.

My Score: 8

lynwood234
lynwood234

I sprayed one spray on my shoulder just to try it.. I only smelled a bit of musk which quickly dissapeared to my nose. the next morning it smelled awesome like i had on CK obsession for men and made me want to try it again.

jmansar
jmansar

This is a lady fragance.
Tooo sweet and light, with vanille and fruitty notes. Maybe for a little guys.
Girl can use it too.

What a crap from Chanel!!!

cachuli
cachuli

@Miletto

What a great comment...
People who do not like or thinks the same as you, have fakes ??

I see that you are so silly.
Nothing more.

ezeizat
ezeizat

The definition of a signature scent. Unique enough that no one else will smell like you but also safe smelling & will garner compliments. Decent projection & good enough longevity. A classic & much better any of it's flankers.

Longevity - 7/10
Projection - 7.5/10
Scent - 9/10

paco rabanne
paco rabanne

This is definitely one of the best male perfumes. It is love that makes you special, because you love her and she loves you, which is rarely seen lately. The heat that Allure radiates is soothing, and traces of spice, which last for hours, give you personality and allure at the same time. Any man who stands on his dignity must have Allure in his collection.

toto453
toto453

I need to try it longer but it seems to be easy to wear indeed, moreover the scent is really confortable & complexe.
Need further try and I will come back to tell more about it.

Ryanmmas26

Easily 1 of the classiest scents I own ! Lately its been my go to church scent in the colder months

This scent is just a gorgeous blend of spice,light floral and citrus and Vanilla. This scent to me is a very cozy scent that women love and it has a classy and professional like smell thats great for formal occasions that require you to get dressed up.

Longevity is really good as this lasts me 8-10 hours.

Projection is pretty good as well but not overpowering

Id give this a personal rating of 8 out of 10

sdcga161
sdcga161

Picked this one up today (almost done with my entire Chanel collection now). I was expecting more similarity to AH Sport, but it actually reminds me of a less intense version of Egoiste. Which is not a bad thing at all, as Egoiste is fascinating. In any case, I love it. Chanel's line for men at the present is simply incredible. I bought AHSEE a couple of weeks ago and was blown away. Yes, it's got AH Sport DNA running all through it, but that dry down is really something else.

SnowStorm
SnowStorm

I love this scent. It is a spicy fresh classic. The initial spray is an upliting blast of lemon, peach, bergamont and orange. Then it settles down into a nice ginger and tonka with a little lavendar. Great for the office.

Manny44
Manny44

Put this on ten hours ago-just took a long shower and I can still smell it.

Barco84
Barco84

every single time i wear this juice it gives me compliments! lasts on my skin. Great stuff!

Ranger0987
Ranger0987

Great scent. Like it better than the Sport.

Leiparis
Leiparis

Absolutely LOVE this scent! its a turn on... want it for my husband! :)

tomluvsfrance77
tomluvsfrance77

One of my all time favorites. It is a classic. Chanel has offered us three other variations of Allure but the original is the best.

Smells great, lasts long, very pleasant. It's truly a masterpiece fragrance and everyone should try it on their skin. Men love it and women want to be with the men who love it.

Magnifique, Maison de Chanel!

drakecito
drakecito

Too light and sweet. Maybe this symbolizes the change of Chanel to the new trends in the world of fragrances.

Smells a little generic and feminine...
Did I say that is very sweet?

I do not dislike or that I think is very bad. Just left me cold .... too cold .... I'll try some more.

Longevity and sillage are moderate-low (no more than 3-4 hours).

scent: 6/10
longevity: 5/10
sillage: 4/10

UPDATE:
My wife loves it but that is something that I do not give too much.
And yes, I think that it has been REFORMULATED too. This is more light and sweet than the original version that has more strong bitter note in the opening...

WhoNose
WhoNose

Smells great just lacks in projection and longevity.

daveysis
daveysis

Top Ten Masterpiece....if this gem isn't in your collection your no collector.i've been wearing this on and off for 10 years and it's still in my top ten.

toneinatx
toneinatx

I must be in the minority, or got a cheap knock off. It smells ok, very sweet, but I guess my pheromones don't agree with it. I'm not sure. I use it to spray the air where I live, and that is fine by me.

Laurdess
Laurdess

I notice a lot of women have come to chat about this one. If that not a serious clue to the men I don't know what is.

cybersyllables
cybersyllables

My favourite fragrance,that I have owned so far!

There's something magical in the creation of this fluid very complex,keeps changing all the time,evoulving and devoulving,as it evaporates from the skin,giving a mix of fresh,slightly wood,citrusy spicy,impossible to get bored of this scent.I keep getting something different constantly.

The most un-linear scent I have!

To me it has a kind of candied citrus peel smell similar to a Christmas Pudding or some fruit cake that includes citrus peel,dried fruit and spices,that has somehow been liquefied and sprinked with flower petals,which include drips of jasmine oil.

I remember hearing in a review that it was designed so that all the notes well bounce around and it wouldn't have a top,mid and base. If you ever spray this scent on a piece of paper,and leave it for a while,it won't smell as good however,it needs body heat to come alive,and when it does come alive its incredible.

Love the marketing slogan as well "Allure makes the man."

My favourite fragrance,that I have owned so far!

The most un-linear scent I have!

Love the marketing slogan as well "Allure makes the man."

Mikeyb50
Mikeyb50

I bought my 15th bottle of this today since its 1998 launch. I buy a replacement bottle every year. They have changed the cap now so it has the silver ring like the rest of the allure flanker so it looks great and smells just as elegant as the first time. Funny that it always makes me sneeze the first second I apply it to my skin (that's the Jamaican pepper note) but after that it's bliss all the way to dry down heaven

papito28
papito28

Is so good, is so complex. A little bit disappointing is the projection.

But this is scent is great...

Juiceman 0331
Juiceman 0331

The only cologne I knew when Allure came out was Tommy, Polo Sport and CK1. Now that I'm 31 yrs old, I have bought all the Chanel Allure flankers before getting this one. I was scared that I would smell like my uncles if I get this cologne.
So, I finally pulled the trigger yesterday and got this one. I was so wrong on thinking that I would smell like my uncles because this one came out in 1999 when I was only 17 yrs old.

I am glad that Chanel didn't discontinue this fragrance, because now my generation of CK1's, Polo Sport and Tommy's cologne lovers can appreciate what a real cologne smells like, a real masterpiece from the House of Chanel.
I am not gonna go through the notes, a lot of people already did.
I am just going to say that this cologne is a masterpiece and a "must buy" for any cologne collectors.
No, you will not smell mature, you will smell like a real man should really smell like.
I even think that this one is better than all the allure sport editions.
One thing that I really love from the notes is the sweet coconut, because I moved from San Francisco to the tropical islands of the Philippines and the coconut really goes well with tropical weather.

Chanel, thank you so much for not discontinuing your line of fragrances unlike other companies, who discontinues fragrances when the consumers are enjoying them. (I don't own stocks from Chanel lol)

EDIT: 2/13/2014
The first time my wife smelt this cologne on me.
She said "What are you wearing? It smells great!".
Now, everytime me and my wife are going on a special occasion or on our dates, she always asks me if I am wearing her favorite.
This is now my signature scent. I just can't say "no" to my lovely wife.
My overall rating 10/10

mfeezy
mfeezy

I like this. It's a great cooler temperature fragrance. Can't really see it during summer but definitely in the fall/winter day/nights. Nice warm scent...

chrisw
chrisw

Dreams captured in a bottle

MCvitic
MCvitic

I try this one today when I went to buy Le male

Very fresh opening, and drydown...sweet, reminds me on some sweet tea or candy, peach-lemon and a lot of sugar, I LOVE IT !!!!!!! (can't stop smelling it now)

For sure this is going to be my next signature scent (as soon as i get it - week or two :D)

I think you can wear it all year long.

For your good, and people around you - GET THIS

Scent: 10/10 !
Sillage: 8.5/10
Longevity: ?/10 (It is on me for 10h now, and I can still enjoj it, so... - 9 or 10 )

zaetown
zaetown

Just bought this today, smells like almonds and peaches with some vanilla hints in there. I tested it this summer and my wife liked it a lot but for sum reason I couldn't get with the program so I didn't buy it this summer but Im glad I did now bc it is awesome, how did I miss this one. I think I will keep a bottle of this as a staple, just so smooth and sophisticated and inoffensive.

Amparo Noir
Amparo Noir

what you get is the amber, peach and ginger concoction, so strong, quite heady and it lingers for hours. i don't like the initial smell, and I just hate it when my husband use in the morning before he leaves to work. But in the evening, when he returns, the scents is no longer heady, it gets sweeter and i love it so much.(or maybe the scent blends with the sweat, i don't know)

i think, many of the otc cheap fragrances has copied this smell, but none can beat this.

said.mubarok.96

My wife loves this frag so much, she always sniff me and keep saying how much she loves the smell.

Jason Harrison
Jason Harrison

Sexy. One can smell it straight away. Ladies love it.

Yaro
Yaro

Masterpiece.

Opium80

I'm stealing my BF's account to write my opinion of this.

Girls this is beautiful, easily my favourite of what he wears. I'll bury my head into his chest whenever he wears this, which thankfully is a lot. It's the most comforting smell, like coming home. To climb into bed and smell this on your man as you snuggle up… It's almost to the point I can't sleep if I can't smell it. I got caught stealing a little in my travel sprayer for my pillow when he's not there.

The dry down on this is 10/10 best I've ever experienced.

lovetribe
lovetribe

Fresh and hot,spicy and creamy dry down. Very versatile, can be used on day or night, hot or cold, casual or formal. Longevity 8-10 hours, sillage and projection are very good.class!!!

Daniel.Friedrich42
Daniel.Friedrich42

I got this specifically as a safe scent for work and other occasions where the rest of my collection might be too bold or polarising.

It starts out with fresh and crisp citrus underlined with some peach.
After about 10 minutes it starts to clam down and become warmer and more creamy(i guess that's the vanilla and tonka)and show some more spice and wood.
It pretty much stays a warm,creamy and spicy scent all through the wearing with some citrus and peach to keep it fresh.

The notes in there really bounce around a good bit and it doesn't have the typical linear progression of top-heart-base. It keeps you guessing a good bit because depending on temperature ,moisture and activity other notes will take center-stage, step back again, bring others up front and return maybe later on.

Sillage is pretty average and longevity is good ( I never wanted this to cling to my skin like a*men or le male).

My swiss-army-scent that won't offend anyone and can be worn anytime,anyday.
Well done and intriguing fragrance but no sparks flying(it isn't supposed to for me).
A very solid "like"

usas
usas

My third 100ml bottle. Used it as a signature office scent.
The topnotes are awesome, sparkling and sweet. Also a bit fruity. The drydown is warm and soft-spicy. You can't go wrong with this one.

lorensiuswlt
lorensiuswlt

Fresh, spicy and creamy dry down. Very versatile, can be used on day or night, hot or cold, casual or formal. Longevity 8-10 hours, sillage and projection are very good. One of my favorite.

LanceDior
LanceDior

Just as with all the Chanel men's fragrances: casual, formal, not too daring, slightly melancholy, and production value you could parachute off of. This, Bleu and PE need be your only colognes you'll ever need.

colognelover93
colognelover93

perfect daytime fall/winter scent!

Layzie
Layzie

Allure Pour Homme starts off fresh and clean with some citrus. Within a few minutes, there is an emerging warmth that seems to stem from light vanilla and coconut, along with tonka beans and amber. Spiciness from the pepper and ginger intermittently join the party, as the scent settles. This is a well-blended perfume. As the citrusy tones evanesce, the sweet warmth, spiciness, and underlying florals amalgamate into a pleasant, masculine fragrance.

Of the various women I've surveyed, Allure Pour Homme is liked by many, but loved by none. It is strong, garners attention, and has good longevity on me.

Kon-nos91
Kon-nos91

Like it. Not too strong or mature and at the same time not too soft or for youth. It's a safe pick and it smells great for an aromatic/soft citrus/warm spicy and a pinch of fruits in it. A gentleman's must have for Chanel. It lasts good for an EDT and goes with almost all skin types. Try the deodorant of it, it's great too and tested a lot as it was a present. Allure and Allure Sport are just the best for a Chanel's fan. 8.5/10 for it. Good for 25+ ages and almost for all time of the year.

colognefan85
colognefan85

Opening: Light citrus mixed with a very faint coconut. Quickly fades into a soft vanilla undertone.

Dry down: Turns into a mix of Amber and Tonka beans, with more vanilla. The amber gets sweeter towards the end of its life, but seems to carry the peach note in the base that at times I can smell. But overall the amber is dominate with a hint of spice. Almost smells of a light syrup.

Longevity: 4 to 6 hours

Projection: Medium, been noticed a few times close quarters.

Overall: This is a dynamic fragrance, its so hard to pinpoint each note from the opening to the dry. Seems like each few wearings I get something else all together. But most of the time its a Amber base that's heavy and sweet and it makes this fragrance IMO gourmandish.

Purchase? Try...If you are looking for a fall and winter scent check this out. Its a less harsh alr=ternative to Boss Orange Man.

Krupp
Krupp

I normally use every opportunity to speak ill of citrus scented perfumes, and have called them both cheap and simple. But with Chanel Allure I need to make a rare exception to that practice, because Allure is actually good. Very good, even! As with other scents from Chanel-house, it has an indefinable quality sphere, which can not be called cheap. A clear masculine scent for use with suits. Modern and classic at the same time. The absolute safest choice if you want to smell nice, without having to worry about what others think. The gentlemen perfume's parallel to Audi.

The only drawback is that it lacks a little soul, I think. The lack of IT that would otherwise raise it up in the small group of the most exclusive. But of course less can be okay too....

tondella11
tondella11

Perfect!Great sillage!

Marciu

@ djews - OK, it's your set. In mine Platinum Egoiste would be definitely replaced by Chanel Allure Homme Sport Cologne Sport :)

djews
djews

This one, allure sport, edition blanche, platinum egoiste and bleu de chanel. All a man could ever need. 10/10 in all aspects, every single one of them.

sexyboi123
sexyboi123

One of my all time favourites! This is one of the best smelling and most versatile fragrance you will come across! Definately signature scent worthy.

In the opening you get citruses with ginger, peach and lavender. Then the middle notes come in and in the end you're left with a gorgeous and sensual dry down of vanilla, coconut, sandalwood and tonka bean.

It's very alluring as the name suggests and anyone can wear it. From a college kid to his grandpa. Suitable for winter autumn and spring - day and night.

Like a lot of the Chanel scents it is very "safe". Which can be either a pro or a con depending on what you're looking for.

Overall I definately love this! :)

Brain-in-a-vat
Brain-in-a-vat

I've never used this as an EDT but the deodorant stick is a TOTAL favourite. The aroma is less intense used as underarm. Even for those who find this (exquisite) fragrance too powerful, one can safely wear a different EDT on the skin but with Allure keeping you fresh simultaneously. Try it!

Beautiful frosted finish to stick cylinder with bronze on the top and opaque on the bottom.

cyber.raga
cyber.raga

It reminds me of Armani Code. I had both of them several years ago. Both sweet and cool. But I think this one is more for grown men so I also purchased this for my dad's bday. Cool for spring/autumn.

NightWolfe
NightWolfe

Chanel Allure pour homme is a verrry sophiscated scent. Longevity is so so i get about 4 hours the most. Projection is decent great for fall and winter.

hogan00
hogan00

chanel allure homme smells woody and nutty to me. the opening and the dry down smell very similar, so this one is a linear fragrance.

this one gets great projection and lasts a long time on the skin.

i personally, didn't like the scent, but i would recommend allure to a more mature audience.

3/5 stars

seanscented
seanscented

Masterpiece nothing to complain , elegant and pleasant . I do love it .

said.mubarok.96

@marciu , thank you ... I choose Allure and it long lasting on my cloth more than my skin. So elegant ..thanks.

mrjesse

For me this is class in a bottle. Smells awesome, when ya have it on it makes you feel fancy. Great smell, might be my very favorite fragrance but I cant wear it all the time, I have to be a little dressed up, my scent has to go to with my outfit and most of the time I'm not dressed nicely enough. If I wore a suit to work I would wear this every day.

9.5/10 in my book, worth the price for sure

@said.mubarok.90 choose Allure. You won't regret it :D

muffinman
muffinman

After sampling this fragrance few times with mixed feeling I finally decided to make the purchase. It has a very strong citrusy and sweet opening. Then it settles down to a clean, out of the shower smell. And finally the dry-down is creamy and woodsy. Overall, if not over-applied, this scent is extremely sexy.

aqua_de_la_vita
aqua_de_la_vita

I purchased my first bottle of Channel Allure Pour Homme over 12 years ago. Just recently I sampled it again and wondered why I waited so long to buy another bottle.
When I first spray it on my skin, I love the aroma of well balanced aroma mixing, Lemon (citrus) and warm tones also a spicy scent which makes this frag a REAL MUST HAVE !!!!.
The mid notes of Brazilian Rosewood, Cedar with Black pepper combined gives the frag a really woodsy/spicy aroma with a touch sweet scent from Patchouli.
Finally when it comes to the base notes starting with Sandalwood, Amber, Musk, Oakmoss and Vanilla gives the fragrance a really good warm/balmy vib that you wish all the other fragrances could give you the same effect when your wearing it.
Longevity is well past 10 hours and very consistent over 8 hours.
Sillage is well balanced without it being overwhelming at the same time.

Overall opinion, I have had many frag but I must admit that after many years of not having CPHC, I wish I hadn't waited so long. After looking at what I have in frag, I realize that I have acquired Bleu, Cdc, Cahs and Caheb...not realizing how much I really enjoy Chanel fragrances !!!!

The House of Chanel is absolutely one of "THE" leader's which continues to lead the industry producing high quality products both in fashion and fragrances.
This fragrance is superb and Chanel has grown from it ever since knowing what men and women want...VERY HIGH APPRAISE in my book...100% or 10/10 STUNNING !!!!!

Idlehands

This is my most complimented cologne by the way. The wife always comments on how good I smell when I put this on and she doesnt even care for cologne or ever comment on them. Also received comments from strangers. Give this one a chance. The dry down on this is wonderful.

jacob.kizirian
jacob.kizirian

Best From The Allure Line Simply A Masterpiece Amazing Mixture Of Citruses with Woodsy Notes And OMG how much amazing does the peach and coconut smell you cant go wrong with this and by the way on my skin it lasts more than Allure Sport and projects more than allure sport and allure EB

Final Rating : 9/10

Its a must buy

Marciu

Well, I said earlier that to me the best from Allure line are Edition Blanche and Allure Homme Sport Cologne Sport. Now I would add Allure to this list. To my nose its smell is the most refined, classy and elegant among these three.

I love fragrances that contain a lot of ginger in them, e.g. Dior Homme Sport 2008. Now, I would say Allure has quite big amount of ginger. And I liked it very much! This gingery soapiness slides in between the vanilla, lemon, pepper and woods. I purely loved it from the first sniff! And yes, this is the first men Chanel's fragrance that I feel pepper so clearly in. I love that too!

The longevity of Allure on my skin is about 10 hours, but the sillage is poor... I mean it leaves a trail for only 2-3 hours or so. Then it fades slowly into a skin scent.

It will surely be in my collection soon.

burgundyaltima
burgundyaltima

smells like a citrusy YSL la nuit d l'homme...too spicy for my liking it makes my nose itch..its not a bad scent though smells mature best suited for the grown and sexy!..

vonzigdarke

Wait a minute...a change of heart as I haven't wore this much. I wore a few nights ago-a six gun blast: chest, sides of neck, back of neck and each wrist. It seemed way too strong, but it was an hour before I was in public. An adorable woman asked what I was wearing. I told her I had been rubbing my own sun tan oil on the lines waiting for their turn in the tanning beds. "Your own?" "Well, yeah! (like, duh) you can only get it from me." She cocked her eyebrow knowing I was acting like a twerp-which I was. She kept coming back to my table, leaning in and sniffing-then rolling her eyes into her head. (You had to be there.) On about the fourth visit to the table, she lost control: "I would have a man smelling like that filling me with babies!"
My mouth dropped. I never heard it put like that. Sire my children, maybe. Filling with babies? I got a good giggle out of it.
I left thinking of what might have been had I wore my Egoiste Platinum.
Take it for what you will.
It would have never happened with no scent.
Would not have happened wearing Eternity.
Get you a shot of this, brothers.
I retract my former review.

Thee Arabian Knight
Thee Arabian Knight

Chanel Allure Pour Homme is an amazing fragrance. It is so complex that I can only detect a few of the billion notes that are in this. It starts off with citrus and spice and dries down to a very nice and sweet vanilla, tonka bean, and coconut scent. This projects extremely well, and it lasts for 8+ hours, EASILY!!! I really respect the complexity of Allure, and this will definitely stay in my collection.

Robert G. Rodríguez
Robert G. Rodríguez

Allure is just the best sweet love scent!

Amjad786
Amjad786

The first time I tried it, it was actually a scrubber! I was disappointed after having blind bought it on the various reviews I'd read/seen; however I kept my bottle and tried again it recently (several months later)..

After my third wearing I now adore it! I think the first time it was a combination of overspraying and being in a car with the heaters turned up, that just made me completely nauseous (Allure homme is potent stuff)!

This scent is so superbly blended, I find it difficult to pick out more than just a handful of the 25 odd notes. But what I love about this most is the way it changes..and I don't mean Top>Middle>Basenotes. I mean that it obviously starts out with a fresh element, before switching into the vanillic sweetness and woods..but then the freshness jumps back in and juggles with the other accords throughout each wearing! It's definitely not a boring scent, and I keep finding myself sniffing my wrist through the day.

Projection/Sillage:
I go with a spray on each side of the neck, and one spray on one wrist which I then dab over the other wrist. 20c heat, spending most of the day indoors (BST).
0-4hrs: Strong to moderate
4-6hrs: Moderate
6-8hrs: Soft
8-10hrs: Skin scent

Fantastic performance off very few sprays as you can see, but then it is Chanel! What's also great is that it isn't in my opinion a very generic or common scent; perhaps due to being released so long ago and not being advertised as much as some other frags.

Guys in my social circles tend to wear the likes of Armani Code, 1 Million, Fuel for Life etc..Allure seems to be very under the radar for me anyway! As for other people's opinions, it's inoffensive and has definitely gotten the thumbs up from my female friends ;)

unshkbl00
unshkbl00

I have a full bottle of Bleu De Chanel that i'm willing to swap for Chanel Allure, please message me!!

Ivanaish
Ivanaish

I bought A 100ml bottle of chanel allure without even trying it before, i ordered this from a boutique in Dubai, i made my decision based on many reviews that recommending this fragrance, i must say that it's a complicated perfume, where you can't clearly distinguish a specific ingredient in this one, just a general notes, to me a mix of sweetness and citrus in the most, but unfortunately that i lastly recognised that this is a chanel fragrance, and this could let many of reviewers put a good comment on this regardless if they really like it or not, to me i didn't, the really uncomfortable thing about it, that it's without identity, which reflected on my personality as well!!
Maybe it's only not me, but nothing special actually, it's a classic scent mainly, very good quality, silage and longevity are both in average range.

pheta
pheta

Awesome EDT! Cliche to say that it has easily become a go to signature scent. I wear this stuff non-stop.. so versatile and pleasant and lovely. I'm certain that the Chanel brand is not blinding my view of this fragrance.. it's the magic that Chanel has put in this handsome bottle.

Get it.

Erdnase27
Erdnase27

I just adore this EDT. Let me tell you how i went up buying a bottle of this EDT. I was testing some EDT's and ended up testing this one. I didn't think that much of it but applied it to myself and walked outside.

I went to another shop and once i was there a women came up to me and said "d*mn you smell GORGEOUS!!". Immediately outside i run back to the store to buy a 100ml of Allure Pour Homme.

It is just simply the best scent i own in my humble opinion. Nothing even comes close. When i wear this, i feel like a million dollars and wether some people like it or not, for me it is the feeling of selfworth that counts :)

Merclex
Merclex

Is ok not the best out there just ok. Could of been better. Got a 100ml bottle gone use that and don't think I'd buy another one after that. I feel a bit disappointed with this one this had potential :(

yusuf.bardien
yusuf.bardien

I can´t belive that the nose that was behind the iconic and uber-masculine Antaeus went along and created this rubbish. It´s overly effeminate and just plain boring. Alpha males should stay away from this one...

RedRacer
RedRacer

Generally I would say this could be a great scent of course. But there is one single problem I have: I can't stand the first - let's say 5 minutes - of that scent. Just a lot too heavy or intensive for me.
What a pitty...

dancinleroy

This is my second review since now I am a proud owner of the illustrious Allure. When I reviewed last time, I based it off of a spray to the hand from a tester bottle in Sephora about a year ago. I liked it, but didn't love it. I was in a phase of spicy/citrus/aquatics at the time and was still buying anything I thought looked interesting. Now, I am growing out of the phase of trying to build my collection, and I am trying to find a signature scent. 2 weeks ago, I went to a local Macys to grab a bottle of Platinum Egoiste, which I like very much. I sprayed some allure on my hand for kicks and left the store. About 45 minutes later, I was walking my dog and a giant cloud of heaven punched me right in the nose. It was the singular spray of Allure that I put on my hand, and was a strong, powerful, grabbing aroma. I haven't stopped thinking about it since. I bought a 3.3 oz. bottle last night from Nordstrom for $80, which isn't bad since it sells for $100+ online. I am very happy I bought it. It starts off very bright and citrusy with various spice and minimal sweetness but as it evolves, the sweet/spicy combo turn creamy and quite luxurious. Almost like a soft treated leather couch with yankee candles next to it on a coffee table. I haven't decided if this is my signature yet, but it is worthy of it. I still want to try pour monsieur and Egoiste. The projection on this is really powerful at first, but it isn't a powerhouse like A men or Spicebomb or Le Male. I use 4-6 sprays of this and I'm noticed, but not too loud. I should also add that you could put 10 sprays of this stuff on and think it isn't projecting but it will be killing anyone you walk by. It's one of those fragrances that will kill your senses quickly, so you won't smell it like others will, and it's designed to not linger like the other bombs do, but it will if you put more than 6 sprays on and that might even be too much. It's all about trial and error but more than 6 sprays is too much for ANYONE. Longevity is excellent with most chanel fragrances. This stuff will stick to clothes for days and skin for 8-10 hours before it's gone. I recommend trying this for sure but it's a fragrance that should be in any collectors wardrobe.

ION

This one is the best masculine from Chanel, my long loved Egoiste just feels outdated for me, much like Antaeus (Chanel's "Kouros" in a way). Funny, Pierre Bourdon's 2 immense hits, set the tone even for those who usually set the trend.
The opening is to die for, then it becomes the perfect mix of seriousness, youth, professionalism, allure, ideal for everywhere and at all climates but in extreme heat (then, Kenzo Homme and Body Shop's Oceanic are the answer).
Two things I don't like. The projection-longevity is mediocre to good but far from ideal after the 1st hour. And it lacks olfactory unity through its evaporation stages.

PS. to be honest "pour monsieur" is their best male perfume but somehow "too good" for today's people and life.

rprovenz
rprovenz

My go-to gun year round. Amazing all around.

vonzigdarke

Decent-special occasion for winter weather land.

zola0203
zola0203

If anything OOZES class and timelessness surely this is it?!?!
Works in warm and cool weather, day and night, casual and formal.
So glad I met this beauty in my teens, we've not been apart since!

Oh, and I get 6+ hours easy in cool weather on my skin.

isaacgames
isaacgames

I wore this to my brother's engagement party and got numerous compliments. A classy, light fragrance. Seemed perfect for the weather and time of year. Semi formal, 80 degrees spring weather.

I find myself re-applying it and smelling it on myself.. a good sign that this is a contender for my top shelf.

liorman
liorman

Excellent!Excellent!Excellent!This fragrance is simply amazing.Very strong and masculine.Don't get me wrong,it is not agressive in any way but you feel the quality right away.Chanel makes masterpieces for life.It is never out of fashion and exactly fits its name-Allure means magic,atraction or even seduction.Every man must have it in his wardrobe because every woman knows what she wants,and the first thing she wants from her man ,she wants him to smell like a man.Five golden stars.Simply briliant!

anna.dkr5
anna.dkr5

I sprayed some on a test strip yesterday, and the opening is a very generic smell. It gets better as it dries down, but perhaps my expectations about it were too high.

Opium80

Allure is the first fragrance to really wow me, it doesn't scream for attention so great for the office, really good all rounder. I can see how it sometimes is regarded as a tad feminine with the tonka and vanilla notes, however on my skin it's easily warm enough, another reason to sample this first.

I get great longevity, a good 8-10 hours and can still smell it when I awake.

You could use this all year round, however in summer and hot spring days I use Allure Edition Blanche. Between the two I never want to use my other colognes.

I also don't go out to get compliments, it's nice when you get them, but I don't really seek them. Allure however is to me, a non-stop complement getter.
9.5/10

jtappenden
jtappenden

Very underrated & top quality.Good for summer.

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

A bit confusing, this one. I'm not sure I like the somewhat acrid and sour base note. Where is that coming from? Leather? Oakmoss? This reminds me of some astringent I used to put on my face. It's a complex men's fragrance, I'll give it that.

Perhaps if I owned it I'd get to like it... Well - it doesn't matter. This stuff is hugely popular and Chanel doesn't need me to wear it.

Sapphi9
Sapphi9

I originally purchased this for my fiance about 5 years ago. At the time he didn't have a go-to cologne and I set about finding one for him. We both loved this one so I bought him a small bottle and he started wearing it most days.
Then it started. No matter where he went, women were stopping to comment/ask about his cologne. And I seriously mean EVERYWHERE we went. They almost all say the same thing about it: that it's really familiar, comforting and sexy, but not overpowering All these years later he is still asked what he is wearing by both women and men on a regular basis. And to this day, whenever he comes home from work I can't resist burying my face in his neck just to get a sniff. It never gets old!
It's not a I-just-wrangled-and-hog-tied-a-steer or I-play-every-sport-known-to-man-professionally type of cologne and it certainly isn't one of those overpowering obnoxious ones. (Ladies...you know what I'm talking about...) It think it's just such a wonderful classic scent that walks the fine line of masculine and feminine really beautifully.

RUDOLFO512

Classic Chanel, like always! Very masculine, soft and perfect for the office. I get a lot of compliments with this fragrance.

tbook15
tbook15

This is my upper class scent for pretty much any season. first time i tried it, wasn't crazy about it, second time, loved it. Make sure to test it on your skin, don't just spray it on the strip and smell it and walk away. Spraying fragrances on strips to smell them out doesn't do crap because most frags smell a lot different on your skin than on paper.

bcire3k
bcire3k

Great fragrance. You really can't go wrong in buying this one. It is pretty safe in my opinion (safe considering it would be difficult to find someone that dislikes it). Smells sweet to me and a little citrusy. 8/10

twlahue
twlahue

Quite possibly the perfect fragrance:
1. It has a little bit of everything in it
9. Very few people actually wear it
10. Smells Incredible

TheUNTEdge
TheUNTEdge

This smelled very nice at the dept. store, so I had very high hopes when I tried it on my skin. Alas, from the beginning spritz through the full dry-down, it smelled overwhelmingly like a fresh band-aid! I suppose it's either the amber or the musk. But the unpleasant medical scent completely dominated what I thought was a complex fragrance. I was hoping to catch the lemon and vanilla, but every other note was shot down. Longevity and sillage is fine; but what does that matter is the smell is displeasing? I'm moving on to greener, fragrant pastures.

trickykid300
trickykid300

I love how this fragrance is diferent for everyone, it adapts to each body chemistry. I dont get any coconut, whereas othe people get a lot. On me it smells like a fuzzy peach candy from the finest ingrediants, right down to the sour sugar coating from the lemon, ginger and vanilla. It is nearly edible and I wish it tasted like it smells (why dont frgrances ever taste good ?!?!) This is my date cologne because it flirts as much as I do :) Its projection is enough to tickle the nose of the girl across the dinning table, dissipating just enough each hour to draw her closer and closer....

PeterWJ
PeterWJ

I know I got some thumbs up for this review, but now they are gone. I'm sure they came from people who like to reflect on the nature of things before they go out and spend a day's wages on a fragrance. Just as well, I am pretty confident that this review has disturbed some "Allure" lovers. To those of you who fit the latter, this review is made for everyone. Clearly the message is, to be aware of the ambiguity of the fragrance and to estimate the quality of the product before purchase. I do not tell people not to buy Allure, but only to sample it on their own skin.
In my opinion, a critical review with a description of one's bad experience, is by far better than e.g. "Best male fragrance of the century" or "Stunningly beautiful"

Now, here's the review:
To all of you who contemplate on buying blind, be aware that this one goes either way depending on circumstances like climate and your skin. So please do yourself a favour and sample it first.

There is a lot of musk and a lot of warm sweetness, maybe amber or vanilla. Meanwhile I find that no attempt is made to cover up that this predominantly is a synthetic fragrance. Surely Chanel has both the potential and the funds to come up with good suggestions on blending these ingredients, but in this case it seems they left the apprentice at the stearing wheel. Fortunately they splashed out on some successful flankers in the subsequent years.

I don't mean to be rude to you Allure lovers out there. I'm sure it turns out just fine on you, but on me it's a 'stinker'. After the opening it dries down to a soft rubber smell highlighted by a sharp, fruity bonbon pulp with sweet vanilla essence. Somewhat reminiscent of Boss Elements and Axe Musk... Mixed!!!

While anticipating a change in the drydown, it stayed just about the same throughout.
The sharp fruity notes made me think back to the embarrassment of designer deodorants turning sour under my shirt. Especially while in the midst of rehearsing the "Lancier" with my prom date or when attending a 3 hour meeting, wedged in around the table. Anyone recognise this?
Fortunately lots of deodorants don't do that if used properly, but some ingredients just don't seem to click with your hormones. Further to this, there are those that don't work with any part of your chemestry. In my case Allure falls into the latter category.

On the positive sides are, a warm and clean feel that will appeal to some. Sillage is great and longevity impeccable; a quality that most other fragrances could learn a thing or two about. Finally, i'm sure, there are plenty of unused bottles out there that will be offered cheaply on the internet in the years to com

Carter-Blood
Carter-Blood

The fact that the woman in my life buys this for me as a staple part of my collection of fragrances should be enough.
The mediteranean citrus burst is underwritten by a hot peppery accord tuned initially with tonka bean but over time with vetiver, sandalwood, patchouli, and cedarwood.
What I always find amazing about Allure is that it never seems to unlock in quite the same way, and occasionally I detect scents that are not usually available. These visiting scents include ginger, rose, chocolate, and coffee.

herreroph
herreroph

Huele fantastico, suave y potente a la vez,algo dulce pero muy agradable porque esta muy bien balanceada, es una fragancia calida y refinada, es muy sexy y versatil.En mi modesta opinion merece un 9.

missan

Every time I have tested this I feel it´s not really finished. It´s too sharp in the first part and then it stops, unbalanced and totally boring. Nah I won´t test it again.

unreal104
unreal104

The most complimented and sexiest cologne I have ever owned!!! Girls love this and will keep asking for more!

Anatolian_Swarthy
Anatolian_Swarthy

famous scent,therefore u can see it in everywhere

3gecos
3gecos

Never corner a girl while you're wearing this because it may be to much...for you:)Since i get my first bottle of Chanel Allure Homme Sport seven years ago i've never felt the need to even smell the other allure brothers,because i thought the sport version is the best.No!This is THE allure,this is the perfect smell from allure line!Yes the brothers are a little more versatile because of the fresh,lemony or spicy attitude but this came first and it feels,that fully aromatic dry-down that i like it so much here has its origin!My best critic,my girlfriend already loves it!On my skin longevity is about 9 hours,projection great,silage even greater.For Fall and Winter it is a head turner!A+ for the scent monsieur Jacques Polge!

swoon
swoon

got a bottle of allure homme this xmas eve, my first chanel, not as sweet as expected. the opening is way too harsh for me ,i like pepper but there's too much pepper in it! after that, it becomes clean and warm and mature. turn up the coconut and turn down the pepper , it would be perfect.

dmhorton
dmhorton

I HATED THIS whan i first got it, now it is one of my go to scents for the fall and winter months. It is very sweet so be light with the trigger. It is a scent that will garner attention if applied correctly. I think the smell of this is safest to be worn by a man 20 and up. The sillage and projection are above average (you will definitely leave scent trail). All and all i give this one a 8.5/10

SwagScent
SwagScent

This is a nice sweet fragrance that breaks from the usual Chanel fragrance.

kambelzful
kambelzful

Allure will always be in my top 10 favorites of all time. It has one of the best entertainment factors as far as fragrances go. What I mean by that, is that you will keep smelling yourself when wearing it. The opening, is a fresh tart lemony, semi-bitter, gingery blast, with all sorts of notes mixed in there. Some cedar and cinnamon eventually warm it up and I get a very distinct apple pie vibe out of it. The vanilla, peach, coconut and cinnamon mixture just smells like apple pie. It's also one of the only fragrances I own that I can say lasts a full 24 hours on my skin. I do like Platinum Egoiste just a hair better, but this is most definitely a classic in my eyes, and will probably always be in my top 10. 10/10!

lightspeed388
lightspeed388

What a great fragrance, after about 15-20 minutes I start to get a fresh green, spicy and slightly sweet aroma. I really do enjoy the different transitions of this fragrance, especially the last few hours. On my skin I get a wonderful soft and creamy vanilla sandalwood, then strangely I get a very nice ginger and Vetiver combination right at the end. Longevity, Chanel Allure Homme lasts on my skin for about 12 hours with just under moderate projection. A very nice Autumn/Fall daytime fragrance. 8.5 out of 10.

azim.amzi
azim.amzi

I get more coconut from this one! Lovely! Yummy!

jaystilo
jaystilo

This is my signature scent in the fall and winter. Top 3 period. Love this stuff and I think the best thing about its flankers(Blanche, Sport) is when they start smelling more like this on the drydown. Favorite Allure by far although most usually go for the Sport as the best. Love this stuff

OPfragjunkie
OPfragjunkie

I really love the top and middle notes of this... but the drydown, on me anyway, smells like bad soap mixed with watered down Obsession. It's 30 minutes of bliss followed by 3 to 4 hours of blah!

areidmeade
areidmeade

Allure> Edition Blanche. Done.

JJ12345
JJ12345

Do you like The One by Dolce and Gabbana?
Something missing from The One (fragrance wise)?
Want better Longevity?
Want Better Projection?
Like Chanel fragrances?

If you answered yes to the first and any 2 of the other questions you should seriously consider this fragrance!
Awesome compliments, great overall fragrance (be careful on dosage!!)

hamidrezaa
hamidrezaa

If narsisoi wear of synthetic fragrances are full of attraction for men, Chanel allure is one of the synthetic fragrances fill the stretch for women's and men's products sell in the series filled with Chanel. Aromas that if you had it boish friendly fragrances and perfume as its permanent use. He can make women to hypnotherapy; describes over voidable it beauty of size do not know why that would be echoed a fragrances

Mix miracle game

Allure to actually work great and laudable. Buy Chanel allure perfume, such as buying more computers in a glass. After price gravity nnalid; give a few modest money perfume fragrances get lean is better

NET elementary: lemon, a certain type of Tangerine, bergamot and lavender and peach, zanjfil. Fragrances that initially it will be emitting green aromas, with a refreshing fruit-recipes-Seth

Middle notes: geranium, rose, gardnia, wheezing, nenai Hindi, cedar, pepper, jasmine and captivating fragrances of flowers a faria of gali thermal conditioning and enchanting, with little aroma of the wood of the final net combined. Here the fruity fragrances and Tandy Corporation finds increase in pepper and perfume if Karami also. Presto-stone-Karami

Final notes: leather, Oak Moss, sandalwood, Ambergris, musk grain, tunca, vanilla and coconut. Variant to exploit for the emergence of the aroma of wood and flowers. Chobhai hot, heavy and sweet with a little Tandy Corporation. Describes whether this is what the dominant fragrance net a wakan problem it seems

A general description of masculine allure, a heavy overcoat and impressive, kamlan atrist, caprice classic, warm, and between mdernizgi-sweet-recipes and wooden

اگر نارسیسوی زنانه از عطرهای پر جاذبه برای مردان است، شانل الور یکی از عطرهای پر کشش برای زنان و پر فروش در سری تولیدات مردانه شانل است. عطری که اگر بویش کنید رایحه آن را پسند کرده و به عنوان عطر دائم خود از آن استفاده می‌کنید. با او می‌توانید زنان را هیپنوتیسم کنید؛ توصیف بیش از اندازه از زیبایی آن را جایز نمی‌دانم چرا که خود رایحه بازگو کننده خواهد بود

ترکیبی اعجاز آور

الور به واقع اثری بزرگ و قابل ستایش است. خرید شانل الور، همچون خرید چند عطر تاپ در یک شیشه است. پس از قیمت گرانش ننالید؛ پول چند ادکلن متوسط را بدهید یک رایحه ناب بگیرید بهتر است

نت ابتدایی: لیمو، نوع خاصی از نارنگی، ترنج و هلو، زنجفیل و اسطوخودوس. رایحه‌ای که در ابتدا از آن ساطع می‌شود عطری سبز، با طراوت-میوه ای- اسپایسی ست

نت میانی: شمعدانی، رز، گاردنیا، خس خس، نعنای هندی، سدر، فلفل، یاس و گل فرشیا رایحه‌ای فریبنده از گلهایی دلربا، با گرمایی مطبوع و کمی عطر چوب از نت نهایی ترکیب می‌شود. در اینجا رایحه میوه‌ای کاهش و تندی فلفل افزایش پیدا می‌کند و عطر حالتی کرمی نیز به خود می‌گیرد. تند-گلدار-کرمی

نت نهایی: خزه چوب بلوط، چرم، چوب صندل، دانه تونکا، مشک، عنبر، وانیل و نارگیل. نتی برای ظهور عطر چوب و گل‌ها. چوبهای گرم، سنگین و شیرین با تندی کم. توصیف اینکه در این نت واقعن چه رایحه‌ای غالب است مشکل به نظر می‌آید

در یک توصیف کلی، شنل الور عطریست کاملن مردانه، سنگین و گیرا، هوس انگیز، مابین مدرنیزگی و کلاسیک بودن، گرم-شیرین-اسپایسی و چوبی

kami07
kami07

عطري بسيا دوست داشتني شيك و سنگين مناسب زمستان و پائيز

A cluttered and very non-alluring fragrance. If you enjoy a strong, "modern" musk you may really like this one. The fruit notes are not especially appealing and there's really nothing about this fragrance that I find even slightly interesting, though I do find that tonka as you find it here has a way of inhibiting dynamism. The "four main fragrant lines" blur together and are neither pleasant nor interesting to me. I tried this several years ago and thought it was okay but not special. Now I outright dislike it, and while I could say I expect a lot more from Chanel I have no idea how decisions are made there. From what I've heard, however, it seems that this is (or was) the star of their plebeian line, so to speak, and if they make huge profits from it I wish them the best. However, I have no intention of ever wearing it again. And always keep in mind that with some companies, there are "fan boys" who like anything that company releases, even if there are superior but similar scents selling for a quarter the price !

UPDATE: I recently sampled Spicebomb, and even though I doubt it will ever be a favorite of mine, would recommend it over this one, if those were the only two options. Of course, Allure is for the generic, "I want to smell good" crowd, whereas Spicebomb at least winks at the aficionado, so ask yourself who you are and then you will have an idea of which one is best. Both have quite a bit of tonka and a kind of musk I don't care for, but at least Spicebomb is dynamic whereas the claims about Allure's dynamism are inaccurate, IMO.

Smyle12
Smyle12

I adore almost every note in this fragrance, I only wish I also felt the same about the scent.

walesman
walesman

Absoloutely gorgeous scent. highly recommneded

Quasar
Quasar

Great classic scent :)

tobbe.sjodin
tobbe.sjodin

Ok I just tested this! and I must say I'm amazed!!!!
This one smells so much better than Platinum Egoiste! that one smells like bugspray!
But this one is more softer....pure love <3 Love this stuff!
I'm so glad I didnt blind bought Platinum egoiste! That one is to mature for my test!
Allure Pour Homme is amazing 10/10!!!

Frank Marcello
Frank Marcello

To me, it smells like Sundays. (:

well done perfume only for special occassions!9/10

dancinleroy

Tried this stuff in the store the other day. It stayed on my hand for about 5 hours, getting weaker and weaker by the hour. It smells very very similar to Perry Ellis M, which I have a sample of. Allure is a bit toned down and more powdery and natural than M is but they are too close to tell. It's like the difference of cool water and green Irish tweed, Realities and D&G pour homme, 360 Red and Aqua Di Gio... All are extremely close to each other but the longevity (maybe) and overall quality on the higher ends win out slightly, as well as the name on the bottle. Although for the price... maybe reapplying the less expensive designer mimics aren't such a bad thing if you are confident enough to admit you are wearing something that smells like something more expensive. A great fragrance nontheless.

classicburns
classicburns

Never fails to bring a smile to my face every single time I smell it. I have such a love for this fragrance that it's hard for me to even think of where to start. I am by no means a fragrance expert. To me, most fragrances smell like a fading memory of the top notes and I don't have a keen enough nose to pinpoint certain phases of a scent. But Allure Homme is different. Every time I wear it, I am constantly amazed at the way it evolves on my skin; changing, shifting, but all the while maintaining an indescribable cozy, sexy, and sweet warmness that draws people in. Expensive, yes. Worth it? Without a doubt. Allure Homme is worth it's weight in gold.

tastetherainbow87
tastetherainbow87

I think Perry m Ellis smell better than this Cologne not knocking it just don't. Like it

paulhunter
paulhunter

I didn't really love this until a Youtube reviewer knocked it for smelling "waxy"... then, after he said that, I began to notice a subtle waxy characteristic of this EDT which really brought all the notes together in my mind, helping me appreciate this beautiful fragrance!

GMK
GMK

A very common and ordinary scent which can be easily accepted in any setting, a bit feminine imo... nothing obnoxious but nothing amazing as well.

Abstraction
Abstraction

Allure attracts me and I think I'll buy it. It really is layered: the beginning is fresh, it in the background constantly feels pepper, ginger and cinnamon. In my opinion, is kind of a spiritual and mysterious. Note the alternate wonderful, always feel the other tones. Allure is a fragrance for every day, every opportunity, and somehow I see it on myself while working, walking during the day, travel, etc., unlike Pour Monsieur, which is more serious and deeper, a bit retro. I just wonder whether it is for the summer. In my opinion it is. I'm looking for perfume for every day. Is this the right choice?

sameel

well i have a bottle using it and i will give 8.5/10 overall any questions?

stayclose
stayclose

I've had this fragfor a while to me its a lil funky its like a sea breeze with a lil bit of carmel mixed in it. It can start of like fruit but not sweet sort of a pungnet smell but not in a bad way maybe like a carmel candy apple. Then the base is funk coconuts with tonka beans and some. Musk. It really is aaluring. Could be a master piece but I think it wasn'tdesigned to be one. If

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

A modern style, young, soft, light, orange-style frag with a hint of creaminess, which goes close to the skin quite quickly...

I applied 6 heavy sprays..

0 -1 hour. 1 foot projection. Starts of all alcohol, then flushes of fresh citrus and a small amount of spice. Very nice.

2 hours - 7 hours. Close to skin with little projection but it does last a while on the skin but no too strong. The spice goes and you have a subtle alcohol-orange with creaminess, making this a light softy frag

Its a nice smell, no doubt, but I need better projection to smell it all day

octobersun
octobersun

Stunningly beautiful. Nothing more to say.

blaisepascal87
blaisepascal87

I love this fragrance! A real masterpiece for every kind of men (not for boy)!

Aks
Aks

OMG!!!!After many attempts to buy an original chanel online(which turned out to be fake everytime)finally i got this beauty from chanel store.Fragrance is soft,lovely,thumps up ..no doubt..but the effort put behind to earn this has made this very very special...

babybash44
babybash44

Very sweet and spicy scent, I realized it smells very very similar to the perfume I got for my girlfriend on V-tines day; Hilary Duff's With Love. It's a nice smell that evolves on your skin and lasts a long time! Probably better for Winter use, as it is sweet, but if you're a sweet guy this could be pulled off on Summer nights I guess.

EnragedApollo
EnragedApollo

I like the opening. But the dry down just reminds me so much of Ferragamo Black that I think there is some kind of note they share in common. Oh wait, that's the tonka bean! LOL! Anyways, it's one hell of a damn ass lovely scent. I'm definitely getting myself a bottle of this even though my Ferragamo Black kind of has the same dry down.

jeffwithfrags

I'm part of the tiny tiny minority that get the 'sweet dusty powder' vibe, and it doesn't go away. This is the main problem with this on me.

The powder does seem slightly multi-dimensional as I do detect many of the notes within it - but really only if I'm looking for them; oranges, ginger and vanilla being the most dominant.

But the powder always dominates in the choking, overbearing manner that just 'smears' out all the other notes into insignificance. Very unrefined.

Sadly, while I do admire Chanels 'Note Prism' (or was it 'Diamond'?) structure idea they simply haven't performed the execution properly. I actually like virtually all the individual notes displayed on this page, but the problem with combining them all in one pot is that it can easily result in a big mess! And that has been the case here.

So what was a fancy attempt at being an 'everything' frag paradoxically ends up being a linear powder for me. Much the opposite of something like Jubilation25 and its blending, niche frags tend to do this sort of thing much better because of the quality of their raw materials / ingredients and blending, one can tell the difference quite easily. It's this that is the simple but ultimately costly fact.

However I do thoroughly enjoy the SportCologne and Blanche flankers. Funnily enough, their prices are higher than the originals at this point in time.

Sound like a broken record on here with all the lovers of this fragrance! But I genuinely think this is Chanel being lazy again, and that they can do much better*. The same with the recent Chanel Bleu.

Both get 5/10.

*update: As they are now doing with their Exclusifs line.

waine
waine

Motivated largely by the positive reviews here and the perception that Chanel is quality, I just had to have something in this caliber. So I did the deed today with a 50ml bottle.

Of all the Chanel reviews at Fragrantica this one did it for me, contributing largely to my purchase.

The top is an amazing, stunning, slightly fresh, lemony, floral, clean, dancing melody. Then it wanes. “ Another delectable sweetness unfolds, a delightful spice appears. I cannot really put my finger on it; somewhere floating is a sweet pepper among other gentile spices and a lovely fruit basket. Then a smooth, very gentle muskiness”, arrives wrapped in silky natural leather. WOW, truly awesome.

I give up trying to work it out the listed 25 notes, I find it difficult to compare the “elegance” of this with something else, but it is not all that “unusual.”

I walk around the house, do a few things, smelling, then trying to forget. I sit at my PC to write this as such a genius (in this genre) must be shared.

45 minutes later, I actually feel the sillage. It starts to become a part of me. I am taken back by its holding strength! Perhaps I start to believe that because this is “Chanel” the experience will be great. Nevertheless, my mood is lifted; my mind goes into a short day dream from a blend of masculine beauty that I will not do justice to properly describe here.

After the tenth time I smell my wrist. I get a symphony of twinkling of spice, a delightful spicy creaminess. There almost a sense of an apple pie being baked in a woody forest.

30 minutes later, I smell again. My imagination jumps to the delicate unusual, unique little notes. I am trying to work it out again. How they have managed to combine so many ingredients together so masterfully, so inoffensively, is beyond me. I have found something I genuinely like!

Lastly, and true to what I have read, this Allure does change, it moves around your head a bit. I like a perfume to “evolve” on me. Allure eventually settles into scent heaven! A while later I think “This epitomizes how I want to smell!”

So far this is the best scent I have ever bought! No wonder it has moved on the retail shelves for 13 years! I cannot conceive how anyone can say Allure Homme is not nice.

Update: The LONGEVITY is average to poor. I am disappointed in my first purchase from the house of Chanel. Allure Homme has not ended my quest for a fragrance with decent longevity. I felt a little out done as I expected to get quality for the extra Rands spent. In my opinion longevity is the cousin of quality when it comes to perfume. However, If I re apply heavily -- 12 sprays at mid day. I get a slight whiff of the glorious dry down at bedtime.

Overall rating: 4.1/5. (I would give it a 4.8 if it's magic did not fade after 3-4 hours.)

FORCED_TO_REGISTER
FORCED_TO_REGISTER

I L.O.V.E IT!

That's it!

Unbelievably very well balanced..complex..rich..warm..yet fresh!!!!
(yeah..that's Allure Pour Homme mystery!)

Suitable for day & night..
Myself, I use it around the year..no specific season.

I just L.O.V.E it!

Acqua Di Gio 333
Acqua Di Gio 333

Plesantly sweet, very masculine, warm, seductive, great smelling! It might be my number 1 favorite fragrance!:)
PS.
I adore Allure line!:)

Detroitcolognereview

Am I the only one who notices the resemblence to Euphoria during the dry down; both men and women?

I notice it especially when i smell it on a shirt that i have worn it on.

Toni Lop

Each day is increasing love for this fragrance

Feel happy ( Allure pour Homme )

Unfinished
Unfinished

It is well balanced and refined fragrance. It is warm, spicy and sweet but not in a way of modern sweetness. It is a great fragrance for wearing during colder months as it can turn a bit cloying in heat. A great oriental fragrance.

This perfume from Favorites and Allure Sport, this perfume is a special

Uniqueness: 7.5/10

OVERALL: 9/10

unwrittencode
unwrittencode

great cologne
great longevity
poor projection after an hour

carlo.torrisi
carlo.torrisi

I love this scent perfect versatility and smell but to me very poor projection and longevity. I dont understand how people are saying 12+ hours longevity. I've recently purchased one from duty free and its a product of october 2011. I'm waiting for ur comments..

Akhan
Akhan

i will go so far as saying that its probably one of the few timeless fragrances out there. Does not feel dated still and continues to have the feel-good effect as always. truly alluring!

I would not go to the extent of saying that its the best from chanel because i believe there are other chanel fragrances that are master pieces in there own right. (egoiste and platinum egoiste)

Chanel Man
Chanel Man

Allure Pour Homme is very enjoyable and is a beautifully well balanced scent. I like the woody qualities of this scent and would love to see a eau de parfum version that is even richer. This is warm and beautiful and very inviting.

iatrogenius
iatrogenius

What is there to add about this scent that hasn't been said?

A classic.
Timeless.
Like BMW's, retains it's value years after it's intro.

One of few fragrance with such an apt name.

Woods? Check
Sweet? Check
Fresh? Check

Take a piece wood. Sweeten it up. Add some dried fruit on top of it (oranges, peaches, pineapples even...but dried)......sniff this concoction.

In front of the mirror.

You will look like this: :-0

in Allure. Amazement.
Sillage = wow. compliments through the roof.
Longevity = wow. 12+ hrs
Projection = 12+
Versatility = extremely. Woody enough to do well in the fall/winter, yet fresh enough to uplift (if done lightly) in the warmer months.

Perfect for casual, work, intimacy.

8.8/10

del
del

Allure Homme welcomes you with the freshness of citrus, then it quickly invokes its true strength: the warm, rich concoction of the midnotes and the basenotes. They transition - more like, tumble - seamlessly and lift your spirit up, giving you a vibrant and relaxing experience of cloud-nine.

Allure Homme has a combination of casual and sophisticated vibes that makes it easy to wear everywhere on a regular basis, without offending somebody. Its sweet woody base can endure the cold winter, but it requires extra warmth to unleash itself. Otherwise it stays close to skin. I find it perfect in Fall or early Spring, and intriguing to wear in the Summer.

A smooth all-around fragrance for all ages, Chanel Allure Homme is a definite keeper that is easy to love.

andronicos
andronicos

I am seventeen and I bought this without trying on my skin just because I wanted to have a Chanel perfume but I highly recommend it for 25+. I'll buy it again when I grow up.

valvulado
valvulado

aizat, the Allure Homme is strong and it can be a bit cloying on sunny summer days or hot summer nights. Definitely, try the Allure sport.

The 3 Allure have good longevity.

Chimp
Chimp

Allure Pour Homme is an elegant and discrete male fragrance which is composed of some soft citrus notes with vanilla and tonka bean, the overall scent is very comfortable and pleasant which can be worn in any kind of weather.

mbrothwell
mbrothwell

Just sampled Allure Pour Homme at Macys and dammit, I want this! Its like a treadmill for your nose trying to pick notes outta that grab bag of ingredients, but for me, it works.

However I'm afraid I've run into a bit of a dilemma. My sister's boyfriend wears this everyday, and she begged me not to get it. I do see her quite a bit so I could see how that would be unpleasant. But why should he have the monopoly on this nose candy?! The question is, abide by my sisters wishes, or hop aboard the Allure bus and let her deal with the outcome. Is this stuff just that good to make it worth my while?

Vincents1278
Vincents1278

Over the past year I've tried this on a few times and wore it for a day here and there. Nothing special, I don't understand the large following. A fresh, somewhat modern amber fresh aromatic straight out of the 90's high school scene. I don't get any wood or leather or musk from this, just fresh flowers and melons. I dont' get it. Not for me.

lfmars98
lfmars98

It's been out 13 years and I've never worn it until today. I do own Chanel Allure Homme Sport and they smell exactly the same, so why did they come out with the sport version? SMH

Oslo-fjord
Oslo-fjord

A very well blended high quality fragrance from Chanel. Works well for all occasions. Day, night, casual and formal. A "work-horse" fragrance. Staying power could be better though.. This is a compliment magnet!

kellz1843
kellz1843

This is a fragrance that has become one of my favorites during this cold season. I see some complaints about the projection and longevity of this one. I feel it is intended to play close to the skin in order to be "alluring." You won't necessarily spew fragrance when you walk by, but if you heat up a little, you will be able to detect its presence. Nice everyday choice if you are in a setting where projection may be an issue. Even more perfect for intimate moments where a female is very close to you. Confident, sexy, fresh, clean and masculine...what's not to like.

uthman.ahmed
uthman.ahmed

BENJILLIN have you contemplated the thought of it being a fake?? The first thing I do is go to a department store and try there item on and then put the one I bought on and see if the longevity aroma etc. are the same..

mrcontinental
mrcontinental

I passed on this when it first came out since everyone was wearing it. Now that many have moved on to the next "flavor of the month ", and since I was so impressed with Allure Sport I decided to give this another look and boy am I glad I did.

I'm one of those that wears cologne for "me" primarily and have a moderate collection of classics in my stable and am stunned that I didn't grab this sooner. It does so much to the olfactory senses and I am woefully unqualified to attempt to describe it so I will just say that it is divine. I would like to thank all of you out there who have abandoned this fragrance as I can now where it with impunity lol.

Chanel is still a class act and I'm ashamed that I have been neglecting them for the last decade or so but I am working to rectify that by profiling both Allure and Allure Sport.

dmoman
dmoman

Great scent. Versatile and does get compliments. Fresh and some sweetness. Has some fresh cut grass smell a little bit. nice longevity lasting 10 hours on me and projection is decent. If you like it more fresh get the sport version. Easy 9.5 out of ten.

Scentrist
Scentrist

Given the combination of notes, I would have thought I'd have liked this more than I did. Leather, amber, benzoin...what isn't to like?

First, it sprayed fairly sharp but not overly so, not where the top notes would become annoying. I found them somewhat fresh and interesting versus the light/citrus trend. It does open with a very animalic musky note that smells a bit sour. It's an odd touch at the top, but not completely off-putting. So the first ten minutes weren't bad, but from there the trend went downhill and turned into just another dead-common, unimaginative Chanel. Sure, Chanel is usually a safe bet, and this is probably safer than others. But Allure tends to evolve into just an amalgam of notes that isn't very specific or inspiring.

Then, we get to longevity. Sprayed at noon, vanished before I could even think about dinner five hours later. So no longevity or endurance.

In the outcome, it's nice but not spectacular. It's unremarkable, fairly common, and smells inoffensive, but just like everything else. The notes are simply a melange of notes that never becomes very distinct -- no leather, no amber, a somewhat vanillin dry-down that happens too quickly. In short, nothing very unique or special, typical of Chanel, but not worth the type and in my view not really worth the accolades it receives.

A mediocre fragrance if you want to smell just like everyone else.

Migalex
Migalex

Very nice sweet floral lemon. The pepper in the heart is also very intense.

xerces1492
xerces1492

You can't go wrong with this cologne. It's one of those colognes that you have to try at least once. It is a true classic. I would go over the composition and everything but I don't have the bottle on me anymore (my sister nicely knocked it off the counter in her morning stupor). oh well. Try it, I guarantee you'll love this one.

drmath123
drmath123

Not my favorite, but women love this one!

Detroitcolognereview

I thought i was cool when i wore this as a 19 year old young man 11 years ago. Now, I am revisiting this and it's absolutely fabulous. I love it and am glad i re-discovered it. I can smell it on myself throughout the day and its both observable and unintrucive to those around me. In my quest to try new stuff, i deprived myself from this one. never again LOL. Its a staple of my collection

I am editing this. Since I bought this almost 3 weeks ago and i have worn it EVERY DAY!!!. I just cant stop LOL...

D A V A R I
D A V A R I

بوی گرم دوست داشتنی
مخصوص اقایان جنتلمن مهربان نسل گذشته
مناسب فصل پاییز و زمستان
در اب و هوای گرم خوب جواب نمیدهد
به نظر من برای جوانان مناسب نمی باشد

Lovely smell of warm
-hearted gentleman messieurs for the last generation
for autumn and winter
in the warm weather does not respond well
to me, is not suitable for young people

tuky

hmm... A wise man will never say that a thing is mediocre..ONLY if..that man is Not Mediocre!
"Even if we didnt like it, quality must be respected."
cheers

Aegis
Aegis

wow, i know perfumes are made for different tastes, but i can not tolarate anyone to name this mediocre, this is one of the greats of all time, its like to call Kareem Abdul Jabbar in BKB or Ayrton Senna in Formula 1 mediocres, just nonsense! enough said!

Even if we didnt like it, quality must be respected.

simply...the best fragance ever made <3

cjgoehner
cjgoehner

To clamber inside your warm orifice,
feel the beauty of your penetration,
as you watch through the window
the night dust's ballet; this is the only contentment I seek.

jan.a.odivilas
jan.a.odivilas

my second number 1.. i just love this perfume because of it's creaminess.. this reminds me of creamy apple pie..

mehrdad

جذاب
مردانه
کلاسیک و مناسب برای آقایان شیک پوش
از داشتن آن حتما لذت خواهید برد

Very good and very nice perfume
E.mail: perfume.gallery121@gmail.com
Kik: mehrdad_gallery

Labaloo
Labaloo

Does anyone besides me smell olibanum and peppermint amongst everything else? I don't know... I keep smelling it every few minutes and it keeps changing and I'm noticing new things. I tried really hard not to, but I think I like it. i think I'm falling in love with it.

Dreamcatcher92
Dreamcatcher92

When I first smelled the sample, I didn't rly like it...I thought it smelled "strange"...then a week later I decided to give it another try...I got a bottle, n all I can say is: OMG it's Divine <3
I'm 19 now...n I have a feeling it's gonna be an eternal love ^^
I just wish it had a better longetivity..can't complain tho ^^

Sillage: 6/10
Scent: 8.5/10
Longevity 5/10

bumberongnars
bumberongnars

one of the best perfume...
lots of compliments
classy perfume ...
recommended...

qwerty82
qwerty82

Tried it at the weekend. Nothing special and also similar to other scents I have tried before.
This scent cannot compare to Allure Edition Blanche which is a much different scent but also a much more classier and unique scent.
Won't be buying this one.

fergali
fergali

Nice fragrance.Alluring for people who are smelling it but lack of uniqueness for me.With the change in the formulation it losts its longevity power little bit.Of course it is still above average.It is a safe choice for smelling nice.

smokva
smokva

One of my favorites, actually it is on my top 3 list together with Dior Fahrenheit and Joop! Nightflight...they are all so much different.
You can't go wrong with Allure, must have for every man that cares about scents.

mike518
mike518

I recently bought a new bottle of Allure homme at Macy*s (so I know it isn't a counterfeit bottle) to replace a two year old bottle that is almost empty. I found the new bottle smells different. I can't exactly explain how different it is but the older bottle smells better than the new one. Does anyone know if they have changed the formulation of the cologne?

Grottola
Grottola

CAUTION:

As of November 6th, 2011, Allure Homme is been reformulated and changed slightly. Same with Allure Homme Sport. They now have big, salmon-colored rosewood notes with a slight animalic accent, and this brings them closer to... Shalimar! Yes indeed! I just got two brand-new decants and the resemblance was stunning. While it's still Allure Homme, no doubt, the rosewood gives it a new facet that you may either love or hate. There was rosewood in Allure Homme before, but now it's right up front.

Just a head's up!

MrMookie
MrMookie

Ohh i bought a bottle almost blind and smelled of a paper card where it was good i thought but when i got home and i openend it and used it on my skin.. i was not happy, this scent was not my type... TOO sweet and overwhelming.. i sprayed a few times the later days to get to know and get familiar with it but we didnt got te be friends... i gave it away...77 $ down the drain...
too bad not my thing.
Reminded me of Roma of Laura Biagotti which i do like...

ikipi
ikipi

I personally think is not bad, but lacks character. It's like a cologne for everyday use, but with a touch of sophistication.

jodsan
jodsan

I love this one. very classy and impressive. best in winter and get ton´s of compliments

jeffwithfrags

Orange and vanilla powder explosion!

For me, just liquid Powder, dusted with very sweet spices and more of the synthetic 'Parfum' or 'powdered notes'. It should not have been like this.

How could Chanel release something like this? Big shame, like quite a few perfumes in general. 2/5.

Funnily enough, I went on to adore the Sport Cologne (Lemon one) and Blanche versions! So, I guess it worked out for me with Chanels in the end =]

soned
soned

This is the best fragrance for men ever created, anytime, anywhere, as simple as that. This is every single scent you will ever like, placed in one bottle. Sounds strange, I know, but that is exactly what it is.
Second one of my all time favorites (after Givenchy PI, but that is more because of specific memories than scent). GO OUT THERE AND GET IT, that is all I have to say, everything else has already been said on these great reviews below.
Hasta luego!.

samihardanian
samihardanian

Absolutely Sexy, Adorable and Charming.
longevity 8/10
sillage 9/10
scent +10/10
یکی از بهترین کارهائی که تا کنون تولید شده است.برای آقایان بالاتر از 35 سال مناسب است

Elwonder
Elwonder

Chanel Allure Pour Homme. Ok - from the reviews I've read this seems to be a well liked and even loved fragrance. I wear this one a lot and I trust my instincts with fragrances now to just know what I like. Saying that I've not yet had any real feedback from strangers, friends or lovers but I will wait for this as I'm sure it will happen sooner or later.

Personally I really like this fragrance. It suits me for certain occasions perhaps more for the evening and allows me to express what I value; warmth, sweetness, smokey spice (variety, mystique) and high freshness. Its seems to have many levels and seems kinda mature and reliable. Confidently there without having to shout too loud.

If there was less warm version for the day I would try it. Perhaps that is what Homme Sport sets out to do but apart from the name these two are leagues apart. To me Sport is too grassy and citrus and screams one thing without much mystery. Yes it settles down into what I call the Chanel powder, but I find that part too feminine. I think sport is generally quite feminine.

I had not noticed the ginger at the start until recently and I'm really pleased I am understanding this fragrance more. What I really enjoy is the frame of warm dark sugars (which to me exist without being overt) with the spice. I guess its hard to describe and for me, if this is the case and like it then that is fine for me.

I'd love to know the effect this fragrance has on one particular lady in my life. I'd never ask her but it would be interesting to know if its a turn on for her (I hope if was a real turn off she would say). Fragrance is so personal and so who knows. Perhaps I'll begin a conversation... She has an innate, natural appreciation for scent and I value her choice of perfumes as one of the most special things in my life.

Davebee456
Davebee456

very good winter/fall sweet tooth..sort of a classier L'homme by YSL

anton007
anton007

A sexy and appealing scent for any occasion. Very versatile for sure. The manly vanilla aroma is very nice on this one. I love the bottle too!

greenhornet
greenhornet

I love this and wear it everyday. I get an energizing ginger and caramel aroma, and people around me like and compliment me. This blends smoothly through the top notes and gets creamy in the middle and right down to the base notes, its definately very SMOOTH and ALLURING. You can use this for casual and formal occasions and its very versatile. THE BEST! Its A1 in my books.

Guinea54
Guinea54

There is a little bit of everything in this fragrance as you can tell by the notes. There is some citrus, woods, sweet, floral etc etc.. However the main vibe of this fragrance to me is a sweet woody smell. This is a sweet fragrance. Those are the two main components of it for me. I do prefer edition blanche and allure homme sport over this, but I enjoy this one as well. It is something you have to sniff for yourself to know exactly what it smells like

Scent- 9/10
longvity- 6/10
projection 6/10
versatility- 6/10

Overall- 8/10

saramariah
saramariah

I discovered this one smells a Lot like Queen by Queen Latifah, and the smell is gorgeous on men as well as women:)

ROBERTO
ROBERTO

One of my must have fragrance. Love ALLURE HOMME

ION

"Allure" is fantastic! The way it smells, I find it hard to describe, but it does something to the memory mecchanism. It is almost magical.
It is better than the Allures that followed and hopefully it will last longer on the market as it is a classic, sexy and sophisticated smell, wonderfully expressed in a contemporary way!
Credits should absolutely go to the man who designed the bottle and decided on the colours.. they really do the smell justice and give it an undeniable identity!

All grooming products are great except for the skin hydrating gel (can't recall its proper title) which provides only mediocre hydration and a frail Allure smell that won't last 5 minutes.

It's a shame I can't wear it anymore, as it does give my partner a headache. :(

necromancer
necromancer

Four words to describe this cologne: Classic, Modern, Manly and Sexy. You can't go wrong wearing this monster. One of the best colognes out there. And, on top of that, it's from Chanel.

Scent: 10
Longevity: 9
Sillage: 9
Quality: 10

Overall: 9.5/10

A must for any collection!

Jazz.M.777

I ADORE THIS FRAGANCE!!!! Good Lord...i dont even know where to begin. This thing smells sexy, creamy, woody, spicy, gourmandish and extremely seductive. A true manly smell that can make any women go weak on there knees. It starts very fresh with a blast of mandarin and ginger with spicy woods. The dry down it to die for, a creamy woody valnilla. It has extremely good longetivity, i get 10 hours everytime. The only complain i have its the price, most Chanel fragances are pricey and never in discounts. But still its money well spent. Be carefull with the girls, this fragance could get dangerous!!!.

Heverton
Heverton

Classy! Is all I can say about this one.

A gorgeous warm scent that starts out with a little citrus chord and trough time develops into a tonka bean/vanilla combination giving to this particular fragrance, a very sensual aspect.

Affar
Affar

Great and unique scent, longevity, can be used across the year. What else can you ask for

cezarmac
cezarmac

unique smell,great for all occasions...just too much sexy...alluring.thank you Chanel

Anup
Anup

This is one of those fragrances that has the ability to be worn all year round in my opinion. Lemon, bergamot, oak moss, benzoin crystals, rose and vetiver?!??! And the list goes on. This is a very complex sweet fragrance, and one of my absolute favorites!!

Some of the main notes my nose picks up on in the top are the tart lemon, and acidic bergamot. The bergamot isn't as "offensive"(i mean that it isn't so acidic to the point where my nose burnes abit). The lemon is almost a creamed lemon, like the kind you'll find in Diesel fuel for life!

In the middle my nose whiffs out that squeaky clean vetiver(almost like a cliff-hanger note to AHS), some sweet velvety powdery jasmine and a kind of rose/rosewood aroma chemical (i say this because the rose it'self smells woody, i don't detect two different notes there)

The base is extremely complex, but, how could it not be. It has a huge responsibility in this particular fragrance. To not only support the middle, but those crispy citrus notes in the top! My nose is instantaneously drawn to the Benzoin Crystals! Not because of their dark sugary depth, but because they support the coconut and the vanilla bean so proudly. Almost like the benzoin is wearing both a vanilla bean, and coconut essential oil, simply sinful! We also have a ever so slight whiff of grey/green from our good ol' pally oakmoss.

I approve

Smell: 11
Longevity: 8
Sillage: 9

Alphamale
Alphamale

Its morning, 9:00 pm, 22°C
After my evening shower i grabbed the first bottle that i could, it was Allure Pour Homme.

How shall i begin:

It starts with a High quality lemon accord, whith only a hint of ginger, this last about 10-15 minutes on my skin, the lemon accord is very well made, and it makes you feel energized.

Then, it suddenly changes, the lemon fades almost to zero, and ginger becomes the predominant note, with a very vague hit of fruits and pepper. (30-45 minutes)

After this phase, Allure shows its alluring part, the middle notes are linked almost directly with the base notes, as the bouquet is harder to separate from the base.

The heart-base smells like a gingerish vanilla, as vanilla conquers most other notes on my skin, it develops a sweet almost gourmandish symphony, with a hint of fresh leather.

Allure is like a stylish love potion, it is better to use it a nights on hot weather or in cold days, go easy on the spritzer on a hot day.

It longevity in my skin is shoter than its sillage,
I would say its durability is 4-7 hours on my skin. The potent sillage go to its full splendor in the first 3hours.

A must buy, for special and romantic moments, if you want to use it at the office, 3 sprays should suffice.

Scent: 9 it truly evolves. (more suited for age 25+)
Duration: 8
Sillage:9 (4-6 feet radious aprox)

Tilt: A great Chanel, extremely well executed, classy, alluring and sexy. My GF loves it as most woman over 20. It shines in intimate moments

PSILOVEFRAGRANCES
PSILOVEFRAGRANCES

Well, I hate to say it--I don't really like this one. I had high expectations after reading all the reviews, but Allure just doesn't do it for me. For the first hour all I detected was a bouquet of roses (or some similar floral note). The dry down was pleasant enough, but there was an artificial-smelling note in there that I just didn't like. I can only describe it as something similar I notice in Chanel No5, which I really dislike. It must be an aldehyde note. Don't care for those. I also didn't get the "brown sugar-cinnamon" thing that some have described here. Overall, I get more of a floral composition out of this instead of woods and spices. That's my take, for what it's worth.

madhatter1
madhatter1

Great classic, wearable anytime. Hubby liked it grooming products also nice.

Moonglowone
Moonglowone

Just bought this with my hubby. He smells overwhelmingly weak knee-edingly incredible in this! The patchouli is low key along with the Sandalwood & Tonka Bean... the Citrus & Mandarin bring it back down into sweetness territory. It's the type of scent that makes you want to grab hold of a man and kiss him passionately... lasts all day and all night. This scent will not let you down. It's the kind of scent that drives a person wild. Sensual.

Detroitcolognereview

Ever been to a play where the cast was great but a song sang by a little kid steals the show? Thats how i feel about this and Allure Sport. I really like this one but the sport version upstages it.

All in all, this is a great fragrance. Really nice.

maxman
maxman

I find this fragrance to be quite nice. It comes of as very sweet, but has a masculine tone.
You can detect the vanilla and spice tones.
Good sillage, I can smell what I applied to my wrist some time ago.

SilverFire
SilverFire

Thanks to Tigerlillian, I am able to review this!

While I can detect some notes if I try hard, I don't really want to -- this is one awesome scent. It oozes refinement and whispers of sensuality, and yet it doesn't fill your mind with conceited thoughts. It changes slightly as it progresses, but seems to keep bringing out variations of the initial aroma, which is fine by me. This is like the rich older brother of CK Euphoria and Dirty English -- he's refined, classy, and yet still hip. I say that because like the other two colognes, Allure lasts about three hours on my skin. Three hours?! Nooooo! I'm not sure if I should search for Allure deodorant or body wash or something to help prolong this scent, or to let it go because it's quite pricey (>$60). In any case, I encourage every guy to at least sample this. It's stunningly good.

Edit: Hmm. It comes back if the temperature goes up, but it takes heat to rouse it from the coma it hits at three hours. Maybe it's better-suited for warmer temperatures?

This is when Chanel's masculines started to seriously decline into an uncontrollable free fall. I'm antiously waiting for them to hit the ground so that they can finally stand up again and restart from the beginning. A sad, woody peppery fragrance as millions of others. Nice but absolutely unacceptable from Chanel.

tuturudka
tuturudka

Absolutely SEXY, ADORABLE and CHARMING

dubeau206
dubeau206

I wanted to rate it 'love' but I settled for 'like'. At first it's intense and amazing, it smells like every dollar I paid for it... but it wears off quickly on me. I'm not experienced enough to speak on notes, but I will say this: Spray - Intense, sour, sweet, the strength is invading almost... 1 hour later - Still extremely great smell but only near to my skin. I have to try to smell it, which is not what I expected. There is no longevity on me.

takeitupthenose
takeitupthenose

Let me start by saying this. THIS IS THE BEST FRAGRANCE TO DATE I HAVE EVER SMELLED! This includes niche fragrances that I have sampled. Right out of the bottle I love this. On paper I love it, in the air I love it and smelling the sprayer I love it. On skin??? Even better!

Why every man I know don't own this is beyond me. The fact that I just smelled it about a week ago and bought it immediately, should get me beat and sent to an island of idiots! The fact that I owned 12 bottles of cologne before purchasing this should land me in prison. Okay you get the point.

What this smells like? Sophistication! Sensuality! Expensive Lady Killer! I don't know what it smells like. It starts off a bit citrusy with pepper, layered with a distinct sweetness, it then morphs and morphs again and then dries down to an elegant, slightly citrus, woodsy, sweet, chocolaty decadent something! I can't tell you what it is because you can't put your finger on which note is dominating. Man this thing is great! All men should smell like this at some point in their lives!

How did I miss this for so long? I don't know but when I get around 10% left I will go buy the bottle again so I don't run out one day and be roaming the streets like a cologne addict looking for a bottle!

When to wear this? Anytime, any situation (accept the beach or going to McDonalds, or hanging with friends at the basketball court). Work, club, dinner date, maybe church but I wouldn't for various reasons. Not a first date though! This is only for the woman who makes round two LOL. My wife will only smell this on me if she is behaving. Be careful on the sprays! This thing projects like Le Male, sillage and longevity are top notch also. 11 out of 10 (11 on purpose).

Quick note. I walked pass my coworkers cube and they were like "what is that Lionel" and it was only two sprays on a card one hour later. I let them smell and one said my man wearing this can have me, I will take it all off. LOL

BamBamBaby
BamBamBaby

the dry down smells like brown sugar, cinnamin und a little bit of vanille.... very much like christmas...

great stuff !

mohsen j
mohsen j

the best for me until now. I love it
warm spicy and sweet by vanilla.

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

I say that i don't like it but I'm still leaning against the fence. I get a very predictable, boring, dare I say typical "elegant man with a shit load of money" smell, but it's still goin to be pleasant to sniff at while it's on my hand.
I like the sweet fruit notes there on top, but not the lemon.
I like this spicy, floral heart, I think thanes beautiful.
I don't like the sticky base with that sap note.
The oakmoss and making some very heavy coconut notes, would be very interesting there, even with the lemon on top.
Anyway, I'm sure they know what they're doing.

glamrose
glamrose

This is one of a man's top secret how to seduce women of refined taste. Excellent!

Papi
Papi

Back in 2008, my girlfriend bought me Sport edition, silver one. Very fresh and sporty, yet serious.

Today, I smelt this one and was amazed! Since 1999 I didn't sniff it, what's wrong with me? It's on my list now.

K LUE
K LUE

Well what can I say about this edt? At first when I tried it on the paper I found it to be way too much for my liking. I then gave it a second chance and tried in on my arm and at first I found the same results but only for a brief time. After about 30 minutes it started to transform from a Very rich creamy tangerine smell into a fresh uplifting floral/citrus blend of goodness. I usually have a hard time finding a cologne that will last long on my skin but for some reason almost all of the Chanel colognes for men seem to last very long, Allure is probably the longest lasting one of them all for me. It continuously changes and morphs the entire time too. It is almost as if I am getting multiple colognes but all in one package. This cologne also projects extremely well on me and it last easily 8+(8hours with strength that is) hours when most colognes last no longer the 4-5.

CourtrightHer
CourtrightHer

Chanel has done a wonderful job with their men's Allure collection. Received Pour Homme and Homme Sport as gifts and I gift them both high marks! Blanche is the weak link in the trio (from a sample).

APH hits the right citrus notes at the top. Very fresh. Warms up with spice and with some wood and vanilla making an appearance at the base. Well blended though some might find the mix to complex.

Sillage is decent and longevity good. Versatile scent that can go day/ night.

No trendy frag. Chanel made for the ages. Elegant with the right mix of sexy/ classy and seductive/ romantic. Male but not too male. So...have someone gift it to you!

asmhfdbds
asmhfdbds

Versatile fall,spring and winter fragrance that catch noses.
A citrusy, sweet,pepery offer from chanel.
Im mid ginger play an important role giving a little soapy effect but main smell stay citrus sweetned by vanilla and tonka.
Longevity 8+ hours with very good projection.
Get compliment left and right....left and right!!

My second review:
so...
another impression...a better one.
longevity is good..detectable after 18 hours.
sillage....hmm...close but at the same time...i don't know how to say.. it is that scent you have the impression it isn't project but it smells from 1 ft -the whisper- :)).
I like it but for some reason I don't buy it ...now..

tuky

I've tried this cologne on paper this week and today on my wrist.
What can i say...it is a quality fragrance; it isn't nice nor gorgeous...it Ok.. is missing something or maybe it is too complex to know exactly what smell.
An ALLURE has to shot and later to whisper ..but on my skin is very close and longevity ....CHANEL ?? No...
Probably I'll give a chance and i'll buy it in future, but now..
I'm sorry CHANEL, but I'll go with HERMES...this time.

asianmetalhead
asianmetalhead

very well blended, smells of quality, and a sexy spicy scent. my only complaint is at least for me i got sick of it really quickly. i guess im spoiled from burberrys london haha

elegantpasha
elegantpasha

i love this one, very nice woody scent !!!!!

JustinV

Citrus
Woods
Floral
with a pinch of cream

How in the hell they make this? Serious! I don't know, how in the hell they could make this!

If Chanel No.5 is for ladies, Chanel Allure homme is for guys.

This is Mr. Safe, Mr. Work, Mr. Date, Mr. Lounge, Mr. Business, Mr. Sex, BUT not Mr. Club =p

I don't seem to see people hating this scent. Seriously, it's a 3D scent, all the elements injected into this juice. It pleasing, its calm, its gentle, this scent is for those guys who is into REAL. As in when you smell a guy with this, it gives the impression that he is a good guy, not the bad boy.

A good buy. Actually, guys should buy this. BUY IT. This ...basically what a man should smell like. A real man. A 20 plus men, an elderly men, a grandpa too XD

My rating (base on 5 stars)

Scent: 5(C MON! 4 elements Dammit! You tell me, you tell me, which other fragrance has this??? You tell me!!!).

Sillage: 4 (it projects for the first 4 hours, a gentlemen projection).

Time length: 4 (8-9 hours).

Occasion: 5 (jack of all trades).

Overall base on mathematics: 4.5/5

There will be a time you will enjoy Le Male, for the girls, for the...kinky session.

When you want to settle down, use this! USE THIS! hahahaha!!

Masterpiece, if this is a rockstar, it will be The Beatles. This fragrance adds colours to the world, just like The Beatles. Love song, Rock Song, Pop Song, all you need is LOVE!!!

mbasilakism
mbasilakism

One of the best perfumes for classic men EVER!!! A perfume with musky, woody and spicy notes. I the perfect perfume for a man who wants everything...
It's the best perfume for men who want to seduce...

Dcarlo
Dcarlo

This is one of my all times number one perfumes.
The opening is somehow fresh and citric, I can really smell the mandarin and orange peel, then it turns into a creamy and sweet melody that touches your senses and make you fall in love with this timeless and unique fragrance.
I wear it either for the office or evenings, the drydown is sweet and delicious it lasts on my skin all day long.
One of the best creations from Chanel. I dont think I will ever get tired of Allure.

Bond64
Bond64

Creamy yet fresh sweetness; mandarin peel, woody dryness, bergamot, sophisticated vanilla and freesia. Even in an overdose, harmonious, restrained and elegant. Incredible longevity. Wonderful for colder days during winter; enveloping you in warmness with a refined pungency. Regrettably,Chanel discontinued its fresher, crispier counterpart Allure Ete.

scenturian

"Smells so ordinary and generic" means at least 50% of scents r similar!.

For me it has some spicy floral woody similarities with Chanel Egoiste.

I don't know any other :)

scenturian

How people can complain this smells so ordinary and generic.
I don't know any other similar.
Please write here which is similar, I'd be glad.

egyptian_beauty99
egyptian_beauty99

Sexiest male fragrance ever..

missan

Update: I have used two testers of Allure.
I both like it and don´t like it. The opening is very strong, fresh an spicy and the woods have good quality. Unfortunatly to me something is missing. I always get a feeling that it´s too thin,sharp after some time. Not for me.

In my wardrobe, there is nothing more strong, masculine, sophisticated , and woody than this Allure. I received it 1/2 of a bottle full from a good friend and it lasts forever because all I need is just a small amount on my skin to broadcast its presence. It's a fantastic timeless fragrance but absolutely not for the young. It's so strong, so again use it in the right amount to attract people, not chase them away. I learned my lesson. :)) Next bottle, I consider to try Blanche Edition or Homme Sport tho. It should suit me better. Now, it's at about 1/5 of a bottle. I am officially retiring this to the back closet in my so-called museum.

lovescully
lovescully

A sweet, spicy, woody, sensual & seductive fragrance. Dare I say it, this Chanel scent really is alluring!

When I was considering making this purchase (based on Fragratica reviews), I made sure to test this original version, as well as the Sport & Blanche versions. In the end, this one was by far my favourite of the three. The Sport version seemed too familiar & the Blanche seemed too lemony & light. I just couldn't go past the classic sensuality of this one.

As far as the notes pyramid goes, my untrained nose only detects the fruity & ginger top notes and the musky/coconut/vanilla drydown, but I don't really sense the floral notes in the heart.

Overall, it does have a creamy sort of softness to it, yet it's sillage and longevity still remain strong. 8 out of 10.

RobbieX
RobbieX

A sweet pepper/vanilla fragrance that is very pleasant and well blended but there are better orientals out there. A bit "generic" for me.

andrevarx
andrevarx

A very elegant and sweet EDT. His notes are very vitalizing input with a ginger with a lot of power. Its middle notes are woods, with a touch of invigorating ginger, a little sweet but elegant. Base notes drier and less sweet. Very nice.

In his notes is more convenient to use in cold weather, the sweet notes can still be used in warm weather but in such case only events at night. A fragrance for men in middle age to mature, I do not suitable for use in very young men. Perfect for formal events and even for use in romantic events. Its use in the office I think is wasted, it is more convenient for special occasions.

It stays on my skin about 10 hours. Diesel Fuel for Live Homme smells very similar to Allure Homme, but the former is less elegant and more casual, as well as slightly more "acute." I highly recommend Allure Homme EDT.

DC-8
DC-8

Creamy warm sweet scent. It did prove the sensuality as ladies fell in love with that! A right choice for evening parties as well.

Despite being warm and sweet, yet could be worn even on summer days, even in the office.

Top notes could be a bit too much for some people, but the drydown phase, does render a nice complexion. :-)

The only complain was a bit of weak longevity, but yet acceptable.

Final word: one lovely artwork!

P.S. One of the memorable golden stars of the perfume industry, among Fahrenheit, Eau Sauvage and so...

ahmed ehab
ahmed ehab

wonderfull master piece!

100000000/10 !!
if ur looking for a sweet cologne , allure sensuasly whispers to you !

drummerboy1986
drummerboy1986

It smells like a darker version of Lacoste Red style in play,since I don't wear lacoste in the winter, It's a much more mature, sexier version, approiate for the colder months

Jave26
Jave26

This is a classic for me I only use it on special occasions a must try for everyone.

Toni Lop

Very elegant, yet extremely sensual. Hugs always last a little longer with this scent .. and fresh .

ausamamira
ausamamira

"Crisp and clean, warm and sexy. Difficult to define. Impossible to resist" this is how Chanel describes this fragrance and actualy this is the way it is .

andrew85
andrew85

this fragrahce is really good, i dont know why Luca Turin just rated its with 1 one star.. he is crazy.. this is a masterpiece... really good....

mado17
mado17

This is beauty in a bottle, it is one of the most wonderful colognes ever, certainly in my top 3, most likely ranked first!

top notes amazing...long lasting, good sillage wonderful smell, a masterpiece by Chanel..well blended and perfectly done.

Kenzoboy
Kenzoboy

The top note is really fantastic but once it settled down it becomes annoyingly irritating. I would prefer allure sport cologne than this one.

JMangine
JMangine

This is really a great scent. It is the epitome of what Chanel stands for: QUALITY.
With Pour Monsieur, Allure for Men, the Egoiste's, and the various other Allure's, Chanel has taken the high road, that no other male perfumer can compete with.
I just can not get enough of this scent. It is simply perfection in a bottle!

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

Disregard the nonsense about "modern" musk lurking in one of the comments above. Allure Homme is many things, but a strong, synthetic musk note isn't part of the package. Scads of other department store masculines boast big ugly synthetic musks. Just do a comparison between Allure Homme and Versace Pour Homme (the newer one with the blue-colored fluid). Versace's fougere is loaded with fakey-fake musks. Even more laundry-musky is Prada's dreadful Luna Rossa. It becomes obvious in that comparison that no such cheapness resides within Allure's formula. I actually think Bleu de Chanel smells a touch cheaper and more synth-musky than this fragrance, which might be surprising to read.

Allure Homme has been reformulated in a manner quite atypical to the usual approach when it comes to reformulating older fragrances. They made it STRONGER. I used to wear this every day (from 1999 - 2006) without any issues, but my latest 1.7 oz bottle (which is four or five years old) has a pronounced rosewood note that feels a bit piercing, almost like the ghost of Zino crept in between the velvety-cool characteristics of Allure Homme and smacked me upside my head. I actually get a headache while wearing this now, whereas before I never had a problem. It's possible that my bottle has grown a bit stronger with age and disuse, but I seem to recall having this perception of it when I first acquired it. Other than the intensity and the noticeable rosewood - a note I don't remember much in the older vintage - Allure Homme is still the same fresh-spicy fougere of the late nineties. Many sites list this as having been released in 1999, but I had a professor in high school who I swear sported this fragrance in the later part of 1998, possibly because his status (he was a former superintendent) dispensed of him having to wait for new Chanel releases like the rest of us, and some super-platinum Macy's card hooked him up. All I know is, I was a junior in 1998, a big year for French 101, and Allure Homme entered the classroom five minutes before he did. Ah, the memories.

raph400
raph400

I agree with Newson: "very elegant [...] sensual, hugs last a little longer with this scent". But this is not a long lasting scent on my skin... So take my advice: dont wait for too long before getting a hug!

newson
newson

Very elegant, yet extremely sensual. Hugs always last a little longer with this scent.

JeanMaurice
JeanMaurice

I had this one 10 years ago. I will maybe buy it again. My favorite of all Allures. The only minus side is too many people wearing it.
edit: No, I won't buy it again.

andy

a bit too refined to wear at night but perfect for daily wear i reserve the wild cards for the club

Wow! I never thought I'd see the day when a Chanel fragrance would appeal to me. I found a brand new appreciation for Chanel fragrances hidden in their male scents.

Allure Homme is delicious, complex, incredibly sexy and so very pleasing from a female's perspective.

This fragrance is the epitomy of the perfect man; rugged good looks, masculine, strong, intense and although a little rough around the edges, it's enough to make women fall at his feet.

Allure Homme has a commanding presence in a room. The scent is very grounded yet quite rich and warm, creating a sexual yet relaxed atmosphere, which certainly calms me yet puts me in the mood almost instantly.

Unlike most male colognes on the market today that all seem to follow the predictable citrusy/fresh pattern, this woodsy and earthy scent has character and appeal.

I highly recommend even if the price is a little too high. It is definitely worth it.

andy

allure has a great woodsy vanilla drydown and its a semi chypre masculine edgy cologne with a unique smelling base

if u want to get attention this is the way to go

MR.ClickClick
MR.ClickClick

Remarkable. Where have I been this whole time neglecting the Allure of all Allure's? Incredible. Why was I so naive to try an older fragrance that's been out for 10 years? Isn't that a good sign that it's been out for 10 years? Stupid of me. A bottle of Chanel Allure unopened belongs in a museum because it's a classic.

I love the large array of ingredients in this one. It's crazy how all that stuff even smells good. Very complex. The ginger, lavender, bergamot, amber, pepper, patchouli, jasmine and tonka bean stand out to me the most on the initial spray.
On the dry down I mostly smell the leather, lemon, coconut, musk, and tonka bean.

The quality is top notch for sure too. It's very potent as well. I haven't had the pleasure of wearing it yet but I'm sure the longevity is great considering how potent it is.

I also think this is not a casual scent. It's for the special or romantic occasions. Let The Sport versions take care of your casual wear. It's romantic, warm, soft, and sophisticated.

This is another one I'd love to own. It's going on my wish list for sure. Great quality for your money. Chanel lives on!

jorjick
jorjick

may be my favorit fragrance!!! but scent is very weak!!!! may be in future chanels parfumers will make this fragrance in intence version!!! like dior homme intense, may be, it will be great!!!!

scenturian

One of my top sweet colognes.
I ll describe it briefly, very warm, spicey, floral, woody and sweet.
Start is very strong with citrussy and fruity notes. Mid notes really kick in with spices, flowers and woods, amazing. Mid notes last and last. Base is yummy vanillic woody.
It really allures as it is called.
Long lasting and strong projection.

Yiorgos
Yiorgos

Lots of people seem to have a big crash on this perfume. Me too! Its strong, with character, classy and seductive...

sky76sky
sky76sky

IMO most of the reviews have it spot on - very warm, very heady, very heavy sillage & not at all sporty. It could quite easily be worn by a woman, but I'd expect to smell it on a well-bred, well-heeled, successful man who owes his confidence to his hard-earned wealth or the trust-fund he was left by his parents. I've smelled this at many a polo match, mixed in with leather & horse.

All very nice but I'm left wanting....

.....I can't put my finger on it but there is something lacking....I wish there was something darker, dirtier & more depthy to it....more leather, moss or incense to give it a really unique richness.

It feels like an 'almost' fragrance. Perhaps, if it was made in this age of great warm, male fragrances it would have turned out differently to stand out from the crowd.

vdxl
vdxl

A nice airy-oriental which is classic without being too difficult to wear. It evokes to me a spring or a summer day. I cannot associate this one with the winter season, as it is very light. The main disadvantage is that it is very expensive, plus many persons have it. But still, a great quality Chanel fragrance.

Eros
Eros

Agree with exact description made here by ZeeK. Very well balanced spectra, the whole scent is "solid", the character is masculine with a *VERY BIT* sweet-cacao-cofee. Impossible to mess with femine parfume or female character (or modern "unisex", "uni" or "bi" which I hate), but drydown ending is a bit floral; my wife insists on "powdery". Base scent is much more definitive than modern analogues-imitators : Armani "Attitude", BOSS "Selection" (very slightly greeny-minty), LaCoste "Elegance" (cofee-vanilla).
But not strong on my skin.

ZeeK
ZeeK

Allure pour homme is a spiffy fragrance, soft but warm. Perfume opening contains citruses, ginger and peach that goes to a floral and peppery heart and dries down to warm woody notes. It is a moderate fragrance with longevity of 8-10 hours with great silage. For sure, most suitable for mature guys and it is undoubtedly an outstanding artistry formation.

da_markos
da_markos

it's nice scent but staying power is low at dry skin ;/

canela69
canela69

very sexy and elegant essence, I love it!!
For men mysterious...

lolita82
lolita82

my collegue wears it and every morning he i notice he's in as he leaves a trail in the lift !!!! definitly a sexy one ...must b in every mens top 10 list!

Vincenzina
Vincenzina

My boyfriend use this perfume now and i love it!!! Is gorgeouse!!!

Allure Pour Homme by Chanel 4.23 out of 5 based on 2073 ratings and 307 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Chanel Allure Pour Homme fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Chanel Allure Pour Homme, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Allure Pour Homme by Chanel. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Allure Pour Homme by Chanel represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.