Designers » C » Oriental Vanilla « Groups

Allure eau de parfum Chanel for women

Allure eau de parfum Chanel for women
dislike

I have it: 1293 I had it: 1025 I want it: 1049 My signature: 66

Allure eau de parfum Chanel for women Pictures Allure eau de parfum Chanel for women Pictures Allure eau de parfum Chanel for women Pictures Allure eau de parfum Chanel for women Pictures Allure eau de parfum Chanel for women Pictures Allure eau de parfum Chanel for women Pictures

Allure eau de parfum by Chanel is a Oriental Vanilla fragrance for women. Allure eau de parfum was launched in 1999. The fragrance features bergamot, mandarin orange, peach, cedar, vanilla, rose, jasmine, peony, magnolia, orange blossom, lotus and vetiver.

Bergamot Mandarin Orange Peach Cedar Vanilla Rose Jasmine Peony Magnolia Orange Blossom Lotus Vetiver

Allure
Sexy Amber

Allure eau de parfum Fragrance Reviews

Togiii
Togiii

Tested it twice. To me it is a scent for older ladies. A note or two smells like a dust or something dirty. Don't know why so many people like it. Maybe I will try it again in the future.

auroramaria
auroramaria

Gorgeous fragrance Allure!!
It has a very beautiful vanilla that wraps up all the other notes and makes the scent smell fantastic.and grown up sweet.
All I can smell is vanilla peach and jasmine blended perfectly.
It's a very sophisticated scent and very feminine.
The EDP is richer and lasts longer than the EDT so I would use it for night time as it projects more.
If you like me love your perfumes a bit heavythen the EDP can be worn even during the day too

DollyDimps
DollyDimps

Beautifully sweet, soft and elegant. Almost powdery, with gorgeous sweet vanilla, delicate and feminine but so very comforting.
It reminds me of being snuggled in my mothers soft cashmere jumper. Lovely.

Catty

My no. 1 more than "I don´t know how many years".

I was with a friend today in Sephora helping him to find a scent for his girlfriend.

We got into the store and he just told me straight away: "-I want to buy her what you are using...very feminine and sophisticated...really unique!

That´s Allure...PERFECT!

blackw0lfx
blackw0lfx

a really nice vanilla. im kinda on the fence about it. its pretty pricey and i think kinda old and not very spectacular. i think of like a 30+ yr old and while i am over 30 its like too mature for me. its definitely sensual and classy but i just dont know. i just dont know what to wear with it. jeans seem too casual, khakis seem too casual, business suit too formal. maybe a pencil skirt type. my husband likes it but i just am not sure it is for me. i just think its not for me.

flowermom
flowermom

My very favourite chanel perfume, sexy & sultry, great lasting power
Simply alluring!! If you like vanilla, this is a winner!! I do find the edp version to be better than the edt, make sure you test both though as they are very different!!

wvdisnut
wvdisnut

I have tested this perfume 4 times so far. I wanted to like it as my initial reaction to it was I loved it! But the dry down turns to something masculine and too spicy. I even get a whiff of bug killer with the first phase of dry down. I guess I will not get it. Not feminine enough.

extravaganzza
extravaganzza

unique!stylish and long lasting must awinter choice

Velvet_Touch
Velvet_Touch

This is very exquisite fragrance that I like to wear it just on special occasions. Really. Even so, I am on my second bottle now and will repurchase over and over again, as I feel weird if I dont have it. This reminds me of the final year of the graduation ceremony, a very special day with so special people...

Dee5
Dee5

At first I thought I preferred the EDT better but the EDP grew on me. To me it smells similar to the EDT but it is more robust. The best way I can describe it is fresh, youthful and flirty. Good quality and lasts all day.

vongocap
vongocap

This is a playful chanel, on my skin it isn't oriental at all, nothing to do with the spicyness of allure sensuelle or coco. This is all about peaches and it has the best vanilla drydown I know so far.

pipergirl
pipergirl

A sophisticated, somewhat dusty, peach and vanilla. Very pretty, feminine, elegant, even sexy, but in a subtle sort of way.

Chiaki8
Chiaki8

When I was in college, Chanel - a big brand, whose products I wouldn't dream of owning. They were just beyond my league. Hence, my underexposure of its fragrances.

I've been owning a number of perfumes since college days, ranging from Lancome to Lolita Lempicka to Gucci, but never a Chanel. My mom loves Channel No. 5 to bits and it was only when I went to do my postgraduate degree that I checked out Chanel's perfumes at a duty-free store during my transit at one of the international airports. Honestly, when I first smelled Chanel No. 5 and No. 19, I hated both of them. I couldn't understand why my mom loved it. After which, I told myself that I would not get any perfume from Chanel (that was 9 years ago). How wrong could I be. In 2013, I bought my very first Chanel (for myself) - Chanel Coco Mademoiselle EDP. It was an accidental discovery when I went into a pharmacy to try out some perfumes to replace those that I've finished. I love it and I couldn't bring myself not wanting a bottle.

My collection grew when I bought a Chanel Coco Noir EDP a week ago, and two days ago, I went to the pharmacy in the hope of trying out the original Coco and viola... I came across this very lovely scent - Chanel Allure. I spritzed Coco on my left wrist and Allure on my right. The initial smell of the Allure wasn't that attractive but after about 30 mins, it changed to a very sweet smell. I was half way falling for it but I couldn't persuade myself to own a bottle then. I went home smelling good and it was when I was home that I realised Allure has changed to an even more attractive smell. It's sexy and alluring (living up to its name)... OMG... I'm no longer falling in love with it. I have totally and absolutely fallen head over heels for it, and I couldn't forget the scent anymore. Although, I've purchased Coco Noir just about a week ago, I knew that I couldn't talk myself out for not getting one. I don't usually like to splurge but this... my self-discipline gave way to the strong urge of wanting a bottle of my own. This is the only Chanel perfume that I own in 50ml. The other two (Coco Mademoiselle and Coco Noir) are in 35ml. Although I love CM and CN very much, Allure EDP is just so distinct and attractive that it has won me over.

If you're considering getting a bottle of this magical juice, I'd suggest you just go for it. It's absolutely beautiful and the scent... it's oh so heavenly - sexy, alluring, elegant, classy, sweet but not overwhelming... Love it, love it!!!

ginawadsworth

Doing my usual trick of adding this and No19 parfum as a mix, I am again reminded of what a beautiful perfume house Chanel can be. Despite the fact that my husband did not like this, I think I added more no 19 this time, did not detract from my enjoyment. I think he found it too tart or sour. I guess it is all in the mix, as last time he did like it.

To me this is what perfume is all about, making something mainstream, personal. Perfume should be about self expression and not following a trend. After all we all like to feel unique. By taking one of the older perfumes and adding it to something newer allows me to create a little magic that works for me.

Although I do not layer perfumes routinely, this mix really works for me, and I think the use of quality parfum as a base was the key.

Try mixing some of your own choices, you may find a winning combination too.

Jaclyn Cayetano
Jaclyn Cayetano

I have been a Chanel Allure EDP user since 1997 (in College). I've been through 5 bottles of 100mls in the last 16 years and it's effect on Men has not changed. It complements a WOMAN's confidence and it really is alluring to men. Wearing it alone is a sensual and luxurious experience. It makes the person wearing it feel sexy. On me it lasts more than 16 hours (not kidding. I live in the Philippines) considering the crazy hot, rainy, humid weather where I live. This is the perfume that I will not be able to live without.

lollsazz
lollsazz

I probably have the newest version of this. I had heard quite a lot of good things about this perfume, but I'm underwhelmed. This smells nice, just not on me.

What Is smell at first, right after spraying this, is really enjoyable, although a very grown-up sent. Then this settles down very fast and becomes quite a lot like a perfume my mom liked before: Intuition from Estee Lauder. It worked wonderfully on her. On me, on the other hand, the perfume smelt really bad: bitter and synthetic. The ingredients blended together and smelt like a mess. This is the same thing Allure does on me... somehow, the flowers and citrus interfere with the vanilla.

So, my body chemistry definitely doesn't fit this perfume, although I KNOW some people, like my mom, suit this kind of smell really well.

ForrealMe2

this is a really nice scent i just repurchased and gave it a chance because i didn't like it in the beginning but then as of lately i tried it again in sephora and loved it and have been wanting it..it kinda has that Tracy Ellen vibe with the peach and it has that chanel mark that makes it so likeable in coco mademoiselle but this isn't so heavy on the patchouli like coco m is..i would say if you don't like the sharpness of coco mademoiselle because of that patchouli note try allure its in the same line but smoother...i really like it...it can be a sparkly citrus at times too with the vanilla behind it...

Hellita
Hellita

I LOVE THIS, but I can't wear it. I melt when I smell this on someone else. If it's not too powerful for you, please wear it because it's a beauty. One of a kind.

sarah.r.sahib
sarah.r.sahib

Oh My Allure!
yesterday i went to the store and in my mind i wanted to buy hypnotic poison eau sensuelle cuz i loooove vanilla-floral combo , but obviously i bought this , actually i sprayed one spray on my wrist and i went out from the store but i turned back and immediatly bought it cuz i cant resist this beauty <3
its a vanilla scent mixed with citrus-floral notes and what a nice combination and from Chanel come on , how can i resist !!!
this scent is a very romantic , sexy , dreamy , beautiful , yummy and sensual , very long lasting with one spray in my neck in 10 pm and in 12 pm next day i can smell it im in looove with it (amazing) .

CeciliaKu
CeciliaKu

This fragrance is so deliciously soft and feminine, so sensual and sexy. Classy, elegant and timeless. It suits almost every occasion.

It is fairly obvious and easy to conclude that a woman that wears this has impeccable taste in perfume.

mlhewitt
mlhewitt

I've just started to get into perfumes, so I'm not good at picking out notes or correctly describing scents, I just know what I like and what I don't. I'm 26 years old and wanted to find something that was young(er) but still classy and sexy. I wanted something a little more mature than the my overly sweet high school/college years (Burberry Brit, Fantasy), but not something that reminded me of my grandmother. Actually, I really want to love the warm spicy scents (Coco, Coco Noir, Allure Sensuelle), but they just smell a little too grandmother/matron-y to me. Let me clarify, I really love these scents, I just don't think they are appropriate for me. Maybe in another 5-10 years I can get into those.

This is the first scent that I tested and instantly fell in love with. My boyfriend actually said it smells slightly "old lady" like on me, but I don't think it does. It starts with an amazing fresh citrus scent for about an hour or so. After that it fades into a sweet, but not overly sickening sweet, vanilla. I kind of wish the citrus would stay maybe an hour longer but overall I love this scent. I only have a small decant right now, but soon I'll buy my own bottle.

I've tested this against Coco Mademoiselle and really enjoyed both. The CM stayed really bright and citrusy and didn't have the same mellowing out to a sweeter scent. I want to do another comparison soon to make sure I want the Allure and not the Mademoiselle before making the purchase. I also have Chanel Chance and I think CM might be a little too similar to make it worth it.

floralfragrance
floralfragrance

When i was looking for something vanillic but not childish, i ended up trying this one. I sprayed this on one wrist and ysl manifesto on the other. I couldn't decide if this or manifesto was more overpowering in the beginning. After an hour or so, i got my answer. I could easily smell allure 3 days later on the jacket i wore while testing and there was no trace of manifesto. Maybe its because it is chanel, but anyways I dont care how mature this seems to everyone i'm 20 and this is absolutely gorgeous. It is sweet in a sensual way, not foody at all and the classiest vanilla I have ever smelled. I also own CM and i can clearly smell that distinctive chanel something in allure too. They are so not similar but at the same time they have this similar vibe that belongs to the house. I can see myself wearing this for a very long time.

charmedbella
charmedbella

A beautiful fragrance, I can see why this is so popular. I am a fan of citrus openings and no one does them better than Chanel. After the citrus comes this lovely vanilla, peach, and a hint of jasmine. It very slightly reminds me of Tresor because of the peach, but a very mild-mannered, young lady peach.

This is sexy, classy, fresh, feminine, and sensual. I sprayed this at the perfume counter (before I received my bottle for Christmas, I hunted the perfume counters to wear it from the testers) and I caught a man sniffing the air and exclaiming how amazing it smelled after I had just walked away.

Allure is a great crowd pleaser, easy to love, and very well-blended. Not very complex, but it doesn't have to be. It's truly lovely and beautiful.

mona84
mona84

This perfume is the embodiment of quiet confidence and elegance.

It is the Spartacus and Phrygia adagio.

It is the rustling of wind and a gentle breeze brushing through your hair.

It is the soft sigh of pleasure.

Beautiful scent!

ForrealMe2

an extremely good citrus and vanilla scent..even better than Coco Mademoiselle because its more vibrant than Coco M and it having more citrus and vanilla it just draws you in...but it just doesn't last..i would like to own it again just cause i love the scent but then that would be sufficient after owning it..i don't know if i would repurchase because if the scent doesn't last then as of lately i return it for something that does last or i absolutely adore it...i really love the smell of this but when i think about all the other fragrances that can out live the longetivity of this fragrance i end up choosing them over this one..sadly...after 2 hours its just not that loud anymore and it is very expensive..now my rule is if it's going to cost me above $50-$75's it has to last at least 5-6 hours or i feel cheated because for that price it should last that long at least...Coco Chanel is totally worth the money it last for a long time...

boutlagh

I love this perfume,yet I'm a little confused about it. In the bottle, Allure smells like a tidy corner of an English cottage(I swear that this is the image I get when I close my eyes and smell it: a leather sofa, a chimney,tea with lemon and some sort of cookies). and this sensation gets even intense when I wear it( on me, it's almost like the smell of Allure on a sort of fur).
I asked my mome and grandma to try it, On them, it's so feminine and floral,very cleane,very Chanel like.Till now, I don't know wheather it suits me or not, as I'm getting concerned about the 'furry' animalic sensation I already talked about.

LeisaSch
LeisaSch

I thought I would really love this as I love most Chanels and I adore citrus and vanilla. It is a heavy hitter like most from this house.

I just don't take to it though, I'm pretty certain it's the peach note that's turning me off! Not fond of peach as a note at all. Bummer for me!

elisarufino
elisarufino

Es uno de esos perfumes que te hacen sentir única... Una fragancia para enamorarse. Persistente, me gusta tanto en invierno como en verano... Más bien para la noche... <3 <3

denizaryal
denizaryal

If London was a perfume, it would be Allure..

I usually do not like heavy fragrances, but this one does not bother me at all. I can smell woodsy notes - cedar? - all the time, and vanilla is also very noticeable. Flowers only make the background. This fragrance is, as the name says, alluring, catching attention, and also, far from today's mainstream perfumes. Being rare is a good thing, I think.

Update: I've tested it again and I have to admit that woody note + magnolia is too intense blend for me.

wistfulmaiden
wistfulmaiden

I enjoy Chanel in general but people often think of it as a sophisticated older womans line, most of the originals were a bit heavy and adelhydic, which work with the perfumes image and other ingredients but this one is light and youngish. I think perhaps THIS should have been called "Madamoiselle".Its alluring in the sense that people want to get closer to you and smell the source.
I would wear this fresh but still sexy scent in the spring mostly but I have been wearing it lately anyway, maybe Im not ready for winter.

StealthAngel
StealthAngel

Luminous. Sheer. Bright. Warm... This is a perfect example of how smooth citrus can be in perfume. And the cedar is beautiful. I love Allure, I used to wear it a lot but I have to confess I haven't dared to buy a new bottle since the reformulation wave started.
My favorite version was the EDP, which for me was a perfect balance of fullness and airy quality. I found the perfume too sweet and the EDT too thin.
Allure can be classified as a fruity floral for grownups: All the elements are there but you don't get the liquid Skittles smell that so many teen oriented fruity florals have.

MsAmazing
MsAmazing

What a beauty. My husband bought this for me. He was such a great buyer of fragrance, Lauren, Oscar, MaGriffe, Bal a Versailles, Carolina Herrara, Ivoire de Balmain that included an incredible beautiful scarf--just a few since we were married a long time. I haven't worn Allure for sometime since I'm hoarding my last pure perfume 30ml bottle. I shall it break out soon when I come back from my Thanksgiving trip. Maybe sooner just in case the plane crashes!

Giapia
Giapia

Allure has been my go to fragrance for the last 15 or so years. I absolutely cannot go without having a bottle on hand! For 15 years, I've gotten more compliments on the fragrance I'm wearing than probably most people do in their life times, no joke.
I find Allure to smell of amber, vanilla, soft powder, musky and ever so slightly floral. On me, it does not smell of citrus one bit.
I would rank it as a heavier scent, deep rich scent and a little goes a long way on me. As I've gotten older, my choice of fragrance has matured and I only rarely wear Allure during the Spring and Summer months. As I choose to wear a citrus and more floral scent in warmer weather ( I.e L De Lolita Lempicka is my favo warm season fragrance)

DoveGrayismyfavoritecolor
DoveGrayismyfavoritecolor

This was my first fragrance! a gift from my beloved mother. It is sophisticated, warm and very pleasant. I loved it then and love it now. It has a cozy lovely aroma that reeks of strength and elegance. It is a very bourgeois scent. The layers of warm fruits (peach, mandarin, bergamot) and florals (magnolia, rose, orange blossom) with cedar and vanilla is intoxicating. This is one of the best perfumes to include magnolia in its notes in my opinion.
Bewitching and perfect for Autumn and Winter! let the witching season begin on sweetly Chanel scented howling winds.
This is something a very chic androgynous sorceress or vampire might wear or a red flannel and black tank laden grunge goddess.

Scout
Scout

This is for the bold, the classy, the woman who wears a lot of black. She probably has long legs and a long, elegant face. Her eyebrows are groomed, her cheekbones are high, her lipstick is pronounced and dark but neutral. She got her own apartment well before Mom thought she ought to... There's some fruit in here to let you know she's still young at heart and isn't afraid to play. She's got class, but she's been around the block. She still has fun, not all serious and powdery and old. On Saturday, you'll find her at the coffee shop reading between shopping stops. On Sunday, you'll find her recovering from the disco the night before. Come Monday, it's all business. I know men who would fall for a woman just like this as she walked by wearing Allure. "Take note!" it says. And they did, all purely based on the way she smelled.

varykino
varykino

It's a pretty awesome compensation for the colder, darker season to start picking the perfume heavyweights out of hiding. Perhaps Allure EDP doesn't properly belong in that category, but it definitely feels too warm and dense for me to wear at the height of summer.

To be honest, I ordered my bottle of Allure with a semi-guilty conscience, because my sister has worn it for years and it smells so gorgeous on her (I didn't want to steal her fragrance, but we live in different cities and all, so... I thought I could always wear it when she's not around, which is most of the time). Then, as I sniffed it, I realised that it must have been the EDT my little sis had been wearing, quite similar but much more transparent and floral than this. Be that as it may, it took a while for me to warm to this on my own skin. I prefer a pyramid structure where the perfume develops over time; Allure is very much the same, same, same. Still, 'the same', in this case, is irresistibly lovely! Rich, powdery-sweet and comforting. Vanilla, orange and magnolia are the main notes I get, and a steady base of warm cedarwood beating under it. It's not sexy to me so much as super friendly. I find myself reaching for this when I want something that's cuddly and substantial yet doesn't demand my attention. You know sometimes, all you want is to crawl under a soft blanket or to be wrapped up in a big, warm hug? That's an Allure EDP day for me.

skriszke
skriszke

It is truly lovely and classy composition. It smells divine on my mature sister in law who has dark hair and a bit of a tinted skin. I'm blond and with my skin chemistry somehow it turns out synthetic peach! Shame, shame, but I adore Chanel so I give a blame on my skin and not on the brand:)

smoothshoperator

The more Chanel's I try, the more I keep coming back to this one. From first spray to dry down, I think this one keeps coming back as my favorite. It truly lives up to its name too. It's like wrapping a big juicy orange or peach in a white cashmere sweater that's been kissed with Jasmine and Vanilla. Just delicious! I don't know where I came up with that metaphor from, maybe it's hormones, LOL, but I just love this Chanel Allure. It's classic and romantic and sexy.

WISTERIA11
WISTERIA11

I used to wear this perfume awhile back and now I'm looking forward to trying out again because I smelled it again recently and I'm in
love again.

Anatares
Anatares

Sweet, feminine and classy, beautiful flowers. Suitable for cold weather. It's gorgeous.

sweetviolet
sweetviolet

Elegant and amazing!

ros.aini
ros.aini

too powderyyyyy!! so frustrated..

mademoiselle-c

Ladies, I was told, by a gentleman, that this fragrance is divine - it smells like heaven and he was two seconds away from dropping to his knees in awe. Hmm, does it come in barrels?

redliz
redliz

LOVE, LOVE LOVE this fragrance. I have just recieved it and it is amazing. The peach, the vanilla, its just so feminine. One of the most feminine fragrances I have ever smelled.

Chantal
Chantal

This might have been a mistake after all. The store I bought this from only had an EDT tester, none for the EDP. I loved it, but bought the EDP because I thought it would be the same but stronger and longer lasting. Not so. This is completely different. I can see small similarities, but this has more in common with Hypnotic Poison (which makes me ill every time I smell it) than it does with the EDT of its own line. Now the people there don't even know if I can exchange it... Might end up having to swap it if I can't. Also, there seems to be patchoulli in this. Not listed, but unmistakable.

missliberty11
missliberty11

Back in the college days in the late 90's, a beautiful girl I knew came by and smelled incredibly gorgeous. I had to ask her what perfume she wore and as it turned out, it was Allure Chanel. It was indeed alluring :). I had to get it myself, I even dreamt of having it, that's how much I was fascinated by Allure. I've had one bottle and can't remember what has happened to it. Since I haven't had it anymore until Xmas, when I've asked my husband to get it for me. For years I associated Allure with a woman who is a bit conservative, boring and unexciting. Funny how I keep associate scents with certain people! The fragrance itself is beautifully crafted. It has lots of vanilla as base note, topped up with floral notes and neither of them comes out too strongly. Sometimes I like wearing Allure, because it feels cozy to do so. But I can't get rid of the thought that it does make me feel boring and a bit cold. Allure and me, it's a strange and unstable love relationship.
My hubby likes it on me though, as he finds it subtle and discrete. Longevity is moderate - 3 to 4 hours maybe. If I sit outside and a wind blows gently, I can sometimes detect Allure's vanilla tones even after a couple of hours. Maybe Allure needs to be layered on me. Or it might just be a winter fragrance for me, while I prefer less floriental-vanilla scents in warmer climates.

jake.shouse
jake.shouse

i love this i wore this all 4 yrs in highschool i love it but nothing beat COCO that's my fav Chanel scent!

susana75
susana75

Allure is very very beautiful perfume , it's delicate ,chic and seductive . The opening is a blast of citrus cedar a lot of vetiver!! after a while it's calm down to a sweet sexy scent ,warm floral vanilla scent ,I can smell jasmine,magnolia and lotus ,I'm a huge fun of vanilla scent , I die for Hypnotic poison , Dior Addict and Allure will be their third sister . every young classy woman should smell like Allure,my next purchase for sure .

DuhConrad
DuhConrad

This perfume has always been my fav. Its like all of my favorite perfumes put in one bottle :)

alchemist1976stephanie
alchemist1976stephanie

Wanted to love this one so much but it gives me nauseating migraines every time I smell it.

BikiniBabe
BikiniBabe

It makes u smell like a high class lady. Absolutely elegant. Its just not sweet or rebellious enough for me.

shanghaifleur
shanghaifleur

This was my very first encounter with Chanel, and it was a birthday gift. It holds a special place in my heart. At first I found it too bold and sweet for me, but over the course of time I grew to appreciate it's elegance and refined character. When I wear this I truly feel like if I'm the Queen of my castle and that the sky is the limit!.... Very alluring.
After I finished my EDP bottle, I switched to EDT, which I find easier to wear all year around and fresher, more youthful.

malikado
malikado

makes you feel like vips
i love the effect of this perfume as it always telles "forget every singel thing but me" :)

LadyRogue
LadyRogue

I love "Allure Sensuelle" and that bottle almost reached its last drop, so, when I saw "Allure EdP" on sale and wanting to try a different yet *same* scent. I blind bought this - Mistake.

On my skin I get a bad peach note that is arguing with the vetiver, cedar and God knows what else it's picking a street-fight with! But it's making me dizzy and slightly nauseous. I get none of the familiar Chanel vibe at all! It might as well be a completely different house! I had to wash it off....a rare occurrence but another harsh reminder that blind buys are risky even when you already own and like the *original* or *flanker*.

Alas, to all of you whose chemistries embraces this: enjoy! I guess I have to find a home for this one and grace the Chanel counter once again with my lovely presence : )

KateMkay
KateMkay

First of all, this is my signature scent. It has incredible good lasting power, it never gives me headache. I can use it all year round ( in summer with moderation) but this is truely beautiful in autumn and winter. That kind of smell, that make me feel so femenine, delicate... and rainy days are not so grey with with one. I could write a book about this perfume. I am not a big fan of vanilla, that seems to be everywhere now, but the drydown couldn´t be more beautiful. Obviously I am talking about my skin chemistry. This always receives compliments.
Straight from bottle it may seem a little oldish, for madam not for mademoiselle but try it on your skin and wait until magic starts.
From my personal story, this is the perfume that made me go from jeans to skirts and dresses. Now, I am 20 and I don´t believe that this perfume has age. Perfumes don't dictate age or dresscode, you can like it or not. They reveal your personality not your age, sex etc..

woodlandwalk
woodlandwalk

If you wear this you'll have no trouble fitting into any office scenario. The person you'd least expect to smell it on is an arty type wearing eclectic or eccentric clothes. It's a slightly softened clean floral to my nose.

There's a note in Chanels from the past decade or so that I'm turned off by - something headache inducing that I detect in Chance, Coco Mademoiselle and Allure

I also notice it in the popular Eternity and Euphoria by Calvin Klein and I'd venture to suggest it's an American rather than French influence.

Many of my favourite perfumes are oriental vanillas - comforting and sensual, and I love orange blossom - but this is a restricting pin-striped dress of a perfume

But it's exactly what I'd expect many professional women to wear, so if you aspire to work in an office for the best part of your life it's ideal

tania.sedik
tania.sedik

I just love the fresh citrus opening laced with slightly dramatic vanilla. It is reserved, flawless, assuring. Its warmth envelops your every action, as you walk into the room, the freshness is illuminating. Instant pleasure.

katarzyna.terek
katarzyna.terek

My mother used to wear it. This one is her signature fragrance. It is a smell of elegance and professionalism. I can always picture this smell and a sound of high heels paired with an elegant costume when my mother started progressing in her career. That was also the time when my mom was the most successful in her job. So this is how a successful businesswoman should smell in my opinion. Unfortunately it is too heavy on me, maybe I am still too young to pull it off. Certainly it's a smell for a mature woman.

Shoshi

Nice scent, but Allure EDT is much more vibrant, dynamic, and long-lasting than the EDP (surprisingly).

millie1980
millie1980

I purchased a bottle of Allure EDP while on a Mediterranean cruise a couple of years ago, as normally it is very expensive. It reminds me of my travels, visiting Nice, Florence, and Rome.

Vanilla perfumes are normally sweet, girly, and lacking in elegance. Chanel makes vanilla sophisticated.

It manages to be warm and intoxicating, yet also classy and restrained. Gorgeous smell.

freddinos
freddinos

Balmy, comforting, sweet but not overpowering, Allure feels like a perfume made for older women, or women who feel mature enough to wear it. Classy without screaming 'sexy' or 'look at me', Allure is the sophisticated lady you might see dining at a restaurant and you aspire to be her some day, when you eventually grow up :)

teilani
teilani

After wearing Jil Sanders No.4 and Gucci Accenti for almost a decade and a half, I got it into my head that I wanted a new scent. I went to the local drugstore and had my head spun by whiffs of some frightful scents before I smelt this and decided I liked it. Thus began a bit of an obsession for which my chequebook still hasn't forgiven me.

If I'm not careful and have too liberal a hand with application, this can induce a headache, but with a little care, it can be warm and interesting.

I have since discovered that I prefer Coco, which I think many will agree is more powerful, but Allure has its place too. An unquestionably adult scent (this doesn't smell like the stereotypical adolescent fruity-floral!) that does not demand much from the person wearing it most certainly has its place.

meral
meral

Catty, you have a very refined taste. It is indeed a gorgeous classic!

Catty

Nowadays, There is nothing more sensual and sophisticated than Allure. This vanilla smells rich, flowery, fresh . . .very womany.

It´s so difficult to find a sophisticated scent that you can at the same time wear in the office, in a lunch with your friends.

Very few scents present this versatility/modernity and definitely Allure belongs to this exclusive hall of fame.

A very sophisticated, female everyday scent!

Just Gorgeous!

PhaedraRose
PhaedraRose

I really love this one- for me the bergamot,cedar and mandarin are very intense on first spray but are softened by the peach. This is complex and interesting and although the florals are all strong notes on their own, they seem to combine so well without being overpowering,although on my skin I notice magnolia and lotus slightly more that the other florals. This is rich & indulgent and one that I save for special occasions.

m4
m4

Sensual femininity in bottle. At the beginning more warmer than more fruity and soapy. The easiest way to describe this scent is peachy soap with luxurious touch. Very long lasting and strong. For girls who start to discover other sphere of perfumes and for mature women who know how to allure. Very pretty peach with hints of citruses and sensual vanilla. This doesn´t scream money and vulgar gestures, this screams I know how to put a spell on you! That´s it. :-)

trickykid300
trickykid300

i agree that the allure line up is way better then the numbered line up...it is worth mentioning that i am a guy. I love the allure pour homme but i could see a girl using it to. All vanilla based scents are unisex to me.

Lovergabrielle
Lovergabrielle

I'm sorry because i love Chanel perfumes but this one smells like burned cookies to me.

Geni_P
Geni_P

Possibly one of the best perfums ever made. I always have a bottle. This is my go to perfum when I really want to feel special.

nellyrlight
nellyrlight

amazing, highest quality..never overwhelming or overpowering..lingers so beautifully on your skin and everyone around you loves it too..My most favorite Chanel..The Allure Sensuelle that they made after this is also equally amazing.

Anja_Karenina
Anja_Karenina

The only Chanel that I like. Definitely makes a statement; it's so majestic and "alluring". For once the name of the perfume really suits the contents and says it all!

I always feel like a femme fatale when wearing this. I will ALWAYS have a bottle of this in my life. And it was actually my mom who suggested that I test this one! If it weren't for her, I would have never discovered this one that soon! She actually owned a bottle in the past (which for some reason I don't remember) and she said it didn't work for her at all but she was desperate to use it as it was one of my godmother's signature scents (who is quite a stunner).

Anyway, I hope that this one will never be reformulated or else it's the end for me. For me when I think of Chanel, I always thought that ALLURE is the scent that represents the designer brand so when I tested out the other perfumes before I discovered ALLURE I was so disappointed.

pattyk
pattyk

This is one of my favs of Chanel. I purchased it blindly and was very happy with the scent. It is very soft and feminine. I have a lot of perfumes and take turns wearing them depending on my mood. I wear this one when I feel relaxed and content. It is a beautiful scent, not too strong, not too floral, not too fruity but just right!

Karry_
Karry_

I absolutely love it! I got it on my birthday as a gift. I love such fragrances. Sweet, long-lasting and very feminine.

noa
noa

L'ho provato un giorno pensando che fosse impossibile non trovare almeno un profumo chanel che facesse per me...e infatti eccolo!!! Mi piace molto e l'ho comprato...ora lo metto persino di sera in casa, dopo la doccia!!! Femminile e di classe!!!!

Ellenheaney
Ellenheaney

Lovely warm and floral smell. Really like it.

Camila_1712
Camila_1712

Uma vez experimentei o contratipo do Allure e achei muito parecido com o Natura Ekos Castanha. É mesmo ou não tem nada a ver?

douxe
douxe

this one comes out too strong, but after a few secs it turns to be quite sweet. i like it

cinema1974
cinema1974

love this scent it is a very lasting scent and I want to buy another bottle...it las long and smells wonderful...Can't go wrong with Allure....first bottle was in college and my sister would spray it more than me...we both love and can't go wrong...try it

Tovah
Tovah

I'm the kind of woman who buys my own perfume, but, way back when my husband and I were dating (for 6 whole months before we got married) he bought me Allure. We moved in together within a couple of weeks after we met, and we've been together ever since. Nearly 16 years, 3 kids, houses, cars, cats, vacations, into now, a quick whiff of Allure brings back the whirlwind of sex and candy over a soundtrack of Sublime, that started it all.

Nirsara
Nirsara

I must confess... I have all the female fragrances of Chanel. I'm an addict (I even own Coco Mademoiselle and I actually don't like it all that much).
Everyday it's hard choosing which Chanel to wear that day... I love wearing Allure in the fall. Allure is such a warm (due to the wonderful vanilla), sophisticated and classy scent. It helps me to accept the fact that the summer had ended. To me, Allure whispers velvet and cashmere. It's bewitching... it seduces me with every single note. Everytime I wear it I'm surprised that it is really thàt good. A classic.

curvealert
curvealert

I really like Allure; thing is, I'm not sure it likes me. The scent is sophisticated, complex, rich and classy, but on my skin 'sings' very loudly, something jars with me. The lightest spritz is overwhelming, and I noticed overwhelmed people who were with me. I also own Allure Sensuelle and I never get the same feeling.

Shame...I'll just have to wear something else!

nearfantastica
nearfantastica

Oh WOW..next to Chantilly this is HANDS DOWN my favorite fragrance. In my own opinion, one of the very best perfumes ever created and I am a fan of the classics. I was never a fan of the Chanel house, not for fragrances anyways. There was always something about them that made them all smell exactly alike, some almost masculine...until this beauty was introduced. My former sister-in-law wore this and I finally could afford a bottle of my own a few years later. Entirely the epitome of a TRUE oriental vanilla, every note listed can be detected, from the vanilla to the oranges to the peaches to the jasmine and roses. It is like a fine tea without the tea note..captivating, full bodied, the woman who wears this is most certainly alluring in every way, shape and form and if she feels she is not, this fragrance will emboss the confidence and sexiness she never knew she had...a complete stunner of a scent, "Allure" is ALL woman.

Migalex
Migalex

I do not know what is the synthetical molecule Javques Polge likes so much that I detect a heavy scent of it in lots of his creations and seem to me to be these days a trade mark of Chanel scents. I detect it most intense in allure sensuel, but also, although less intense, in Chance, Coco, Coco Noir and Allure EDP. It might give the scent a twist and a more sophisticated touch, but that note is the main reason why I dislike most current chanel fragrances for women. I just do not like it.

jasmine.amsterdam
jasmine.amsterdam

i had it also.. he is a little bit "heavy"/// like old women, but still good!

boutlagh

I didn't like it the first time, and since I bought it really expensive I needed to apply it . After three weeks I can say that this is The One for me; it's classy, elegant, and has a wonderful sillage.Adopté :)

mrsriley
mrsriley

i think this is warm and lovely and it stays true to me all day..follows me around the room (which i love)..the only problem i have is that my husband always asks who smells of pooh (sorry) :/..when im wearing it..so i don't wear this anymore..i don't know how he smells this when all i smell is warm chocolaty fragrance..

mademoiselle-c

Femininity in a bottle. Another beautiful creation by Chanel. Allure EDP opens up with a warm floral burst that is caressed by warm, luxurious vanilla. The appeal of this fragrances lies in the fact that the vanilla is done properly - not overly sweet, but warm, sensual, and grown up. One spray of this and I feel like a woman. I feel like a true Grace Kelly - elegant, poised, and ultra feminine.

This fragrance should be considered one of Chanel's classics and masterpieces. Although one cannot compare it to the likes of such fragrances as No. 5, Coco, or No. 19, it is definitely a prime example of the creative abilities of the skillful perfumers working at Chanel.

Like a beautiful ray of sunshine, this fragrance is uplifting. It is best worn in the fall or winter (maybe even early spring). If you want to feel like a beautiful woman, a spritz of Allure is all you need.

C

Catty

Tip: the body cream + edt are perfect for the summer.
The exquisite Vanilla ever . . .
My number 1!

HANDAN86
HANDAN86

I'VE NEVER SMELLED THIS BEFORE. VERY ANXIOUS TO TEST. SOUNDS ALLURING FOR SURE.

KateAnette
KateAnette

I don't find this a heavy variant of Madamoiselle. Madamoiselle to me smelled great, just wayyyy too heavy. Allure Sensuelle was heavy on the patchouli, i felt it fell flat somehow.
Allure has the right amount of freshness, depth and sweetness. Nothing too much, nothing lacking. Will be my next purchase.

tandi
tandi

The very first time i sniffed this I thought:perfumed vaseline jelly! I know its funny but anyone else get that?

cathxinjin
cathxinjin

I've got a small sample of male version of Allure. It smells nice on me. On of my customers after painkillers told me she got her migraine from someone wore female Allure at work.I let her smell my male Allure and she thinks it smells so much nicer and it didn't make her Migraine worse.After reading all the positive reviews, i am intrigued to try this out yet i am afraid of disappointments.

Shoshi

Poor staying power, compared to the EDT. Very strange, considering this is EDP.

loveitorleaveit
loveitorleaveit

Just purchased this today based on the reviews here! All I can say is classy, gorgeous, and ladylike! So different from all of the fruity floral fragrances that are on the market today! Love it!!!

This smells completely different on me than what I was expecting from the pyramid on the right. I'm getting mostly bergamot, lotus, cedar and a tiny bit of peach. I'm a vanilla lover but I don't smell any vanilla at all. To me, this is very woodsy and a bit sharp. Not bad, but I don't love it.

angievandyke
angievandyke

A beautiful, memorable fragrance. Lots of people would comment when I wore this fragrance.

lalot
lalot

This eau de parfum has accompanied on succesful business deals. It is a smell that is feminine, inbetween girly and ladylike. It is severe in a sense, and lingers and changes for about 12 hours on my skin. More for office then for intimacy..

Edgalyndo
Edgalyndo

A unique composition, different for every woman.
Three of the six facets of ALLURE are enhanced: Oriental, Fruity, Floral timeless. Adorable, Sweet and Warm. Vanilla, Peach, and Flower's, Is the perfect Balance of Femininity...

aschiffm
aschiffm

Vanilla orange and peach plus some warm slightly spiced musk. The vanilla is smokey and has a mysterious aura. It's a sophisticated oriental fruity floral but not heavy like other orientals which I think makes this perfect for summer day . Great if you like deep scents but want something that won't pull you down in the heat. It keep you fresh femme elegant with a bit of "boudoir edge".

susan_troy
susan_troy

The best parfume i have ever tried! My search is over im in love with Allure.

desertrat

In reading most of the reviewers comments about the EDP... there emerges a common theme... cozy, comforting, calming... I think that is part of why it is a favorite of so many... Not only does it smell good... it makes us FEEL so good... Just a thought...

desertrat

LOVE Allure! No harsh notes... no sour notes... no green tea... jam... candy...or chemical smells... It's sophisticated yet warm, feminine, perfectly constructed. It doesn't scream it's presence...but it gets your attention in a waft... in a trail... It's Boudoir without the Skank... It would be Bellissima IF it weren't Chanel... It is MY Chanel and I'm sooo grateful I found my signature fragrance! In fact, I ordered the pure perfume directly from Chanel and received it yesterday. My search is over. I'm grateful to the Fragrantica site which has been a wealth of information and education...

Aredore
Aredore

In the context of other Chanel fragrances, “Allure” is a strange bedfellow. Neither heavily floral or aldehydic, “Allure” has touches of the gourmand in its construction, although Chanel has never, and will probably never, release a true fragrance of this type. “Allure” is essentially a sweeter, spiceless “Coco” or a heavy variant of “Mademoiselle.” Sharp fruits and stemmy, lush jasmine rest on an unmistakable base of dense vanilla-sandalwood. In truth, “Allure” is an unmagical "Dune," a calibrated three-part fragrance that delivers it’s notes in portentous turn where "Dune" sings Arias. If you like this, try the Dior.

desertrat

Sooo LOVE it! WOW! It is the very best Chanel on me. It's the sophistication of Chanel... but just a little naughty underneath which calls to mind, although very different from, Vivienne Westwood's Boudoir. The staying power is the very best of anything I've worn in a long time. The projection is perfect. It is the personification of perfect sillage. I think I may have found my signature...
PS I am so in love with Allure and my husband loves it on me. The more I wear it the deeper my devotion. On me it is Vanilla and Peach with Chanel's regal presence. I sooo agree with the review by "Catty". It is not anybody's shy sister. It stands tall all on it's own. It's presence is sensed all day long... It creates that great trail you've experienced when passing a woman of sensual sophistication. For me, it is proof, there IS a Chanel for everybody... BRAVO Chanel!

Catty

This scent is just P E R F E C T!!!! I never ever smelled a vanilla so fresh, so jolie, so french and sophisticated. This flowery vanilly makes possible you wear this gem at the office or for an evening out.

The main point is that with Allure, you will feel yourself no matter the daytime always a queen.

OZ
OZ

She starts out really harsh and musky then turns into an old-fashioned vanilla on skin. Lasts for ages, I'm sure the projection is great as well. Not for me but I see a very mature woman pulls this off.

connielai
connielai

Absolutely my favorite. Men of all ages commented on "how beautiful" and "you smell so good" Even females take a notice. I will not wear anything else but this FOREVER.

ginawadsworth

I tried this again yesterday. A soft opening of vanilla which is sophisticated and elegant. Then I thought, i have smelt this before. Yes, JPG classique. Dont get me wrong here, this is the grown up parisienne woman who knows what perfume is meant for. Seduction and self-knowledge. JGP is the "in your face" young and out there version which I found too overpowering. Allure is warm, and enticing drawing you in, come closer let the seduction begin.

i would like to add that i write reviews before I read anyone else's. it is intereting to note that my review echos HilaryAppleFace. I guess we probably have similar tastes in perfumes

HilaryAppleFace
HilaryAppleFace

I will begin by saying that I ended up really loving this fragrance. I don't see it getting mentioned as often as the Chance flankers or No. 5, but this one really needs more attention.

Chanel Allure is a bit snobbish at first. Kind of sharp and synthetic when first sprayed. After a few moments, the scent becomes more plush and powdery. The vanilla begins to peak through along with a sheer peachy jasmine.

Beautiful and mostly powdery, Chanel Allure is very seductive... but not in a "Hey, look at me my boobs are hanging out" kind of way. Chanel Allure is the classy lady wearing a long-sleeved black dress with a bare back and lace knickers. Sexy.

Mushana
Mushana

I have never really appreciated this scent but I love the reaction people had to me when I wore it. Men and women but especially women would always ask what I was wearing.

TheCountess
TheCountess

In my skin it feels woodsy with little hints of vanilla. It smells amazing, very feminine and sultry.

Kimyan
Kimyan

when I was in kindergarten, before I go to school I always stop by my moms vanity table and spray allure on my uniform,I love how my classmates reacted to allure,we were kids but we appreciated and adored the sophistication we can't comprehend, this scent made me feel safe and warm. it envelopes you with sweet and simply elegant warmth.
this is my favorite out of all the Chanel perfumes.

melysaretsahana

well...after wearing this fragrance for several times...i found it smells crazy classy,clean and very SOFT on wrist...but more citrusy in outer.damn! I LOVE to sniff THE DRYDOWN...CHANEL ALWAYS CREATES A HIGH CLASS SIGNATURE SCENT!!!!!

ivan.vusurovic
ivan.vusurovic

vanilla?oh no!i dont smell like vanilla with allure on me!i love vanilla as a flavouring,aroma in icecream,cookies,etc. but not as a perfume.my luck that my lovely allure doesnt smell like vanilla on me.

LadyJedi
LadyJedi

This perfume cannot go unnoticed. It definitely draws loads of compliments from both men and women but it's simply too peachy to be good enough for me. I love oriental fragrances with lots of vanilla but on my skin Allure is just too fruity. The peach comes as a punch in the face every time I sniff my wrist! Amazing lasting power though.

melysaretsahana

I don't think it's very vanilla...ysl cinema is more vanilla...but i don't like vanilla...
it's floral freshness ...
I found it smells so white flower but not soft
it's fresh..not soft but not too strong...
it's suitable for evening occassion but not really mature...
chanel is classy as what allure is...
it's alluring...
but i'm looking for softer scent...

Chanel Man
Chanel Man

Allure eau de parfum by Chanel is a beautiful vanilla.

عطر ناعم أخاذ ...اذا اردت عطر فخم ناعم ومتميز
وحميمي فان هذا العطر هو الاختيار الافضل

Janski
Janski

This is the only fragrance I've worn that had every man to whom I came VERY close (i.e., within a foot) ask me what it was so that he could buy it for (alas!) another woman. Fortunately, my husband likes it and keeps me supplied. Men love it.

EauSensuelle
EauSensuelle

Allure Eau de Parfum by Chanel is what I like better than the original Allure.

This is one big, bold, bombastic and smoky vanilla. The vetiver adds an extremely smoky and somewhat melancholy bitterness. It sounds awful, but its beyond amazing.

The lemon in this version is more toned down, so it doesn't clash horribly with the vanilla, as it did in the original. Instead, a thick, apricot-peach-orange blossom-jasmine accord comes and makes Allure a rich, velvety combination of woods and peachy orange.

The fruity-spicy-vanilla accord coupled with this fragrance's excellent sillage and longevity ensured I always remain a die hard fan.

An amazing peachy floral with hints of oriental vanilla while the vetiver bestows a sweet-spicy herbal masculine edge. I am Allured.

mamasgotguns
mamasgotguns

Both Allure and Mademoiselle are amazing perfumes. And first spray, they do smell the same. The difference is in the dry down.

Allure dry down is floral and slightly sweet, but not Michael Korrs sweet. A balanced sweet.

Mademoiselle dry down is powdery, not old lady powdery, but feminine powdery.

If considering these fragrances, worth a trip to sample each on opposite arms.

A person of ample means could choose both. Mademoiselle being your fall/winter and Allure being you spring/summer.

I stand by Mademoiselle for year round, if you can only pick one. Allure is certainly staying on my wish list, but not sure I'll be able to justify both on my budget.

Necabel
Necabel

Me ha sorprendido gratamente este perfume. Lo encuentro cálido, delicado y elegante. La permanencia sobre la piel es muy buena y se integra muy bien. Me transmite calma, racionalidad y también un punto sensual. Pienso es ideal para mujeres de alrededor de los 30 años o más.

***

I was pleasantly surprised this perfume. I find warm, delicate and elegant. The stay on the skin is very good and integrates well. Gives me calm, rational and sensual point. I think it's ideal for women around 30 years or more.

vicka16
vicka16

Light, feminine, not too sweet, not too fresh, simple and elegant. Suitable for the office wear or for a date - that's Chanel Allure.

cinsot
cinsot

Lively citrus and velvety rose notes separate the EDP formulation from the EDT version to my nose.

The heart vanilla is thicker and sweeter and Allure EDP does not seem to share that powdery quality with the eau de toilette created by the prominent greenish honeysuckle note present during the life of the EDT on my skin.

I adore them both. EDT for work, EDP for play.

estheroutenaar
estheroutenaar

My addiction... I love both versions of Allure. EDP feels softer on my skin. On my skin it's a little less sharp, more powdery and soft and the magnolia (which i just loooove so much) comes out slightly more beautiful in the EDP. Also, for some reason EDP is more close to my skin than EDT. I love both versions,i always have a bottle of both. I agree with those who say this is not an oriental vanilla fragrance. Although there is lovely vanilla there, it's too fresh to be oriental vanilla. There is no other perfume that combines freshness, softness and warmth the way Allure does. LOVE!

glad57
glad57

beautiful fragrance but did not last long at all, suprised from chanel, it just vaporized on my skin. I took it back and got chloe which is very long lasting, also stella tocca is one of the most beautiful fragrances ever and really lasts to be such a soft powdery scent. To test I usually put fragrance on before bed on the top of my hands or on an index card and label it and in the morning i see which one has the better drydown and which lasts longer with the better drydown. It seems to help me, any other suggestions?

paulabs9
paulabs9

This is by far the best there is. It has a fresh clean sweet warm cozy smell very alluring. Worth ever penny!

Allisontaylor
Allisontaylor

I bought this with just one sniff and I regret it. It turns into a very soapy and terrible scent on my skin and unfortunatly, it doesnt leave. The duration is very good, but not the perfume itself.

Strytsman
Strytsman

Santa left a bottle of Allure under the tree for me. I must've been a very good girl :-) What I love about this is that I can enjoy it from the first spray right down to the sublime, soft dry down. You don't have to hold your breath for half an hour, waiting for harsh top notes to disappear like some other heavy hitters. It is just the right combination of notes. Not to citrusy, not too much vanilla. Just a beautiful symohony of fresh, lovely scent. This one's a keeper.

amy.hughes
amy.hughes

My 19 year old son went shopping yesterday and bought a bottle of this for me and another for his current girlfriend. He's pretty hip but never in a million years would I have expected this kind of sophistication from him. I had never thought to try Allure (or any other scent for that matter, I thought that I had found my forever fragrances, sticking to Sonoma Scent Studio's gorgeous Winter Woods, and Kenzos "Summer" as seasonal perfumes, but it really is fantastic! I'm in love!

GreyMan
GreyMan

If anyone would like to re-home their bottle of this perfume or share a little, please PM me. (Ideally in the EU) I had it some time ago, and I would love to enjoy it again.

There is little to add to the other comments. When it's first applied it reminds me of No5 but changes quickly. I love it best when there is just an elusive hint of fragrance that makes me wonder if I'm even detecting perfume or just imagining it. I really appreciate the faceted nature of it. At times the bergamot reminds me of Earl Grey, at other times the dusty cedar note is more dominant, or sometimes it's more fruity. But it's always unmistakable and fascinating, so much so it troubles my mind.

movs
movs

This perfume really deserves it’s name. It’s definitely alluring, it’s classic and expensive, it’s unmistakably Chanel - even though Allure is much warmer and softer than any other Chanel perfume.

Allure opens with delicate peach and vanilla which blend with orange blossom and jasmine in the gentle heart of this perfume.
Allure wraps around you like a soft warm pashmina shawl. It’s ladylike and sophisticated like silk stockings and high heels. It stays with you all day and the sillage is divine.

This perfume smells like no other perfume – whether you like it or not. You simply can’t go wrong with Allure.

In 3 words: SOPHISTICATED – GENTLE - DELICATE

evy.gc
evy.gc

I HAD THIS A FEW YEARS AGO, AND ITS DIVINE!... LIKE SOFT ELEGANCE MIXED WITH TENDERNESS AND MISTERY! THE SILLAGE IS INCOMPARABLE. ANOTHER GREAT THING ABOUT THIS SCENT IS IT ALMOST STAY THE SAME THE ALL TIME!! IT HARDLY CHANGES A LONG THE DAY, AND THE POWER STAY IS AMAZING... AROUND 8-9 HOURS. ITS SWEET BUT NOT CANDY LIKE AT ALL. GET IT, YOU WONT REGRET IT!

Tulip211
Tulip211

This is coco madamoiselle's older, more sophisticated aunt. She is dripping with diamonds, and always wears red lips - even to the grocery store. She tells you the wildest stories about her love escapades and always leaves her lipstick on the rim of a glass.

Alluring indeed. I love this one! It's like coco madamoiselle, but richer and more seductive.

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

Allure EDP is very crisp for a Chanel fragrance, and that's an advantage, as it smells wonderful. The bergamot and peach in its top are clean, sheer, and well within its class. Eventually a vanillic cedar and papery jasmine accord comes through, accented by orange blossom and vetiver. True to Chanel fashion, this scent is highly blended, and nothing really vies for a leading role (although to my nose the jasmine has the edge). At once feminine, sheer, serious, and modern, Allure is a terrific oriental for women in their 20s and 30s. It breathes sophistication and class, and its critics be damned.

Johari
Johari

1996 I received this perfume as a going away gift when I went to Spain. The perfect scent for life changing experiences in a woman's biography. An elegant and timeless whisper of youth.

SweetP
SweetP

I find this scent very feminine, calming and comforting. I do not understand the tv commercial - based on that the scent should be loud and aggressively sexy. It is more like a baby powder for adults. It is alluring, but not aggressive.

electra7
electra7

I've tired many perfumes but this is the one..

I just love smelling it on my skin.

My favorite perfume.. so far :)

Most women say that this is their number 1 :)
I don't see any other review like this on any other fragrance. This can't be a coincidence!

ALLURE forever!

Spido
Spido

Nice enough, but there is something about Chanel that doesn't go well with my chemistry. The base note gets very overpowering, both on this and on Chance.

Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt
Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt

Nice, but too loud, I hear the edT is nicer/ creamier, I think I might love that one, but I like, just it's a little abraisive

Hellokt
Hellokt

Allure smells very strange on me and I wish I knew what it was. Its growing on me though; in a way most perfumes don't....hmmm, interesting. Maybe it truly does have "Allure".

neelam16
neelam16

i like this perfume..it's fresh on the 1st whiff and then turn in yummy vanilla at the end,.the vanilla is sweet but not too sweet like d&g the one...i really like the base notes,.that's just great on my skin..this scent stay 6-8hours on my skin but i still smell it on my shirt after 24hours..my husband like this scent too..

Mad-Lainey
Mad-Lainey

Let's make one thing clear - Allure EDP is not an oriental vanilla.
It opens oriental and as the time goes by - it becomes more and more woody oriental.
On me, that is.
I cannot detect much fruitiness, even in the very opening but I get a beautiful bouquet of flowers with a hint of spice and a lovely chunk of bark.
Nothing more, nothing less.
It truly is a silage and lasting power winner, it lasts on me for 8-9 hours and the silage is very much noticeable even after 5 hours.
A brilliant fragrance for the fall and winter.
It is very special even though it seems to be quite popular, but personally, when I go to theatre or movies or restaurant, I can smell ladies wearing J'adore or Hypnotic Poison and so far I have not stumbled across a lady wearing Allure. Not that I'm mind this :-)
Very well constructed and very well balanced, it will go great with my gray cashmere coat, silky scarf and high heeled stiletto boots.
Overall 9.5/10.
I would give it 10 if I could detect the slightest aroma of fruit presented in the perfume pyramid.

caydesugar
caydesugar

my grandma has this and to me, this is not an oriental vanilla. i don't smell vanilla in this. idk what it is i smell but i smell something 'mature'. no wonder my grandma has this 'fume lol. it smells quite pleasant on her :)

Norgirl
Norgirl

Oh how i love this gem off a perfume ,
so delighfull to put one . I feel so calm relaxed and sensual wearing it.
a cremy soft ,gental floral whit hint off peach not sticky just gental mixing so well whit a twit off spicy citrus . th vanilla oh so gently swerling around all the other notes and tie it togehter so well.
A truly masterpice to me .
I love wearing this especialy if ineed to stay strong and togehter, This booze my comfidence quite a bit.
I love this stuff.defenetly a keeper in my collection.

I Dont feel that it last as long as the sensuel. But it sticks one for a long time anyway.
love love love

chowchow41
chowchow41

I have the allure sensuelle of Chanel and was curious about the allure. This does not smell much different from the sensuelle so i will not buy this one. But i like this one to.

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

Peach, vanilla, rose and magnolia with a hint of vetiver in the dry down. The peach is quite strong in the opening, but quickly settles and then this remains fairly linear until the end when the woody notes come through. This is feminine and warm, but not spectacular. I actually like the EDT more, it's lighter, without the somewhat messy peach note.

boruvka44
boruvka44

I wonder, what would have Coco said about Allure. She hated flaunting and gutsy people.
It smells expensive, seductive and kind of heavy. Smell of an expensive call girl.
EDP is richer or thicker, EDT has the nice fresh citrusy hint. Honey, powder, fruit and .... JASMIN. Which is the reason I cant wear it. Plus most of the time I wear it it smells like peach nail polish remover.

Rouu
Rouu

lets start with this , i have Allure sensual and Allure EDT and um not a fan of both ! so to be honest i didn't expect much from the EDP version,used to buy now and regret later so i ordered a 10 ml decant of this beauty.
Allure EDP is the one of few Chanel's scents that do not make me run a mile,its not being what they "expect" from Chanel.

Allure EDP is simply a fairy tale. i remember my 1st impression when i opened my package WOW! then i turned down the vial to make sure its ALLURE EDP ! yes it is indeed . I love how it opens with a bright, citrus-y feel before revealing the softer, creamy vanilla base.it cant be more beautiful. the moment i sniffed it i dreamed about winter , a christmas holiday when its cold , snowing and gray . wearing Chanel coat in beige while wandering at the most vital street in the city with the most handsome man holding my hand !
Allure EDP is all about being a real female , if i were a man i would get in my knees for this fragrance. sexy ,warm, delicious, timeless beauty in a bottle ,the composition of the fragrance seems expertly blended.none of the notes overwhelm, they all work in perfect harmony. the longevity is excellent! Allure manages to be warm, enveloping and smooth. it's a very comforting scent, the kind of scent you'd love someone you hugged to be wearing. :)
i do beleive if i tried this on few years ago i would run a way , iam soon to be 27 years old and i would love to get the largest bottle of this treasure , its my coming winter main hunt

in short ALLURE EDP is a fragrance for the woman that had it all - beauty, brains, social life, career and I agree it seems very ( put together ) being smart, classically beautiful, sophisticated woman wearing this because that's exactly what Allure EDP is !
10 /10 !

tjjbjaeg
tjjbjaeg

EDP - Bergamot, orange and lots of wood I would say. Very "perfumey" It reminds me of musty indian textiles (so must have spices in it that I can not name) and the smell of sharpened pencils - having said that it is not unpleasant and if I owned it I would not mind wearing it occasionally to business meetings but I would not buy it. I feel it lacks anything seductive or romantic. It does have something indian restaurant about it though...

pippab
pippab

Allure is more of a summer time oriental fragrance, and suited to daytime wear. People always comment on the lovely fragrance and ask me what it is. Excellent sillage and lasting power. It's sophisicated,refined and all class - of course it is, it's Chanel!

rougetnoir
rougetnoir

I've always loved this perfume , since my first bottle when I was ...about 30 I think. now I'm on my 40 and still love this classic, sophisticad, "alluring" perfume for women on the way!
I don't find it as a typical oriental perfume, for me it smell more like a chypree but fresh at the same time: I don't know why, maybe for the cedar and bergamot notes. the most you wear it, the most you feel this freshness.
and is not a perfume for special occasion for me, not at all! I find it really wearable, modern, as I said, for a woman "on the way"!
LOVE IT

Catty

As said before, I´m so addicted that I bought today the soap and the body lotion too.

Concerning to the perfume, I´m already in my 6th bottle.

For me, together with Paloma Picasso, Allure is the best scent ever.

A Masterpiece!

Philo_Sofia
Philo_Sofia

this classic beauty is the Chanel's best. Just perfect. The perfume to which I come back in the end.

Bluchito
Bluchito

I can´t understand why it smells so strange on my skin... No cytrus, no flowers, no fruity; only vainilla and spices, and a bit synthetic. I´ll try it one more time after a while.
No puedo entender porqué huele tan extraño en mi piel... nada de cítricos, ni flores, ni frutas, solo vainilla y especias, y un toque sintético. Volveré a probarla más adelante.

Jazzy76
Jazzy76

I tried by a tester and then i had it a sample of this fragrance...it's wonderful, like a second skin, very chic ....i want it! :-)

bubblem3
bubblem3

Español rocks ♥. Despues de tan buenas reseñas me tome tiempo de probarla y cuando lo oli lo primero que pense fue: WOW! Demasiado femenina, demasiado primaveral y demasiado romantica. Pregunte por el precio y: OUCH! demasiado carilla u_u ni modo me aguantare a la idea, la recomiendo mucho para los bolsillos accesibles, hombre regalesela a su mujer creame no falla.

almondcookie
almondcookie

I love Allure. I bought it when i was 17. I remember the lady who sold it to me then, she could not believe that i loved it so much. I couldn't careless if it was for a specific age group. I just love it. This has class and elegance written all over it. it's better to wear it in the evenings. I am in my mid-twenties and i still love it.

bunny
bunny

Wow, I actually have this one. Someone gave this to my mom a few years ago, but I ended up keeping this. I thought it had gone bad by now, but now I realize that perfumes don't go bad easily.

So I sprayed it again today, it does not smell as warm as I seemed to do. I don't know if it is the it or if it is me. However, the smell is pretty much as I remembered.

I think it smells like a young wife, a good young wife. Somehow, it makes me think of my mom when she was in her early 30's.

smoothshoperator

I have never tried the EDT, but have had the EDP bottle for years as it is something I wear for special occasions. This is one of the best smelling perfumes by Chanel and a leader in the best smelling perfumes of all time in my book. I don't get that it is synthetic..I mean any more than any other perfume out there, as some others have commented. It's actually quite delicious, creamy and classic and to my nose smells like vanilla and orange when you first spray it. It is heavenly. As much as I love this one, my husband never compliments it so not sure what his opinion is. However, I also rarely wear it because it is not an everyday perfume imo. I guess it's up to the person, but I would only wear this at night or for a special occasion. I would also imagine it to be too strong to wear in hot weather. Like others have said, it really is a powerhouse - at least the EDP version.

perfumepsych
perfumepsych

A SURPISE FOR ME!
I HAVE BOUGHT ALLURE EDT TWICE IN MY LIFE SO FAR AND BOTH TIMES I GAVE IT AWAY.
LAST WEEK I WAS PASSING BY, BY THE CHANEL COUNTER AND A GIRL WAS SPRITZING ALLURE EDP AND A LOVELY SCENT LINGERED IN THE AIR...
I TESTED IT AND I WAS SURPRISED TO FIND OUT THAT IT WASN'T CLOYING OR SHARP ON ME AS THE EDT VERSION WAS.
IT IS SWEETER OF COURSE DUE TO THE EXTRA VANILLA BUT MORE EASYGOING DUE TO THE LACK OF CITRUS OR WHATEVER FRUIT APPEARS IN THE FIRST NOTES OF THE EDT VERSION.
THE EDP SMELLS SOMETHING EXOTIC AND SPICY (FROM AN INDIAN BAZAAR PERHAPS...)
I BELIEVE IT IS A PERFUME THAT WILL STAY IN MY COLLECTION.
WHEN I WEAR IT I FEEL LIKE I AM PLAYING IN "ONE THOUSANDS AND ONE NIGHTS"....

I agree TOTALLY with Turin on this one. This is probably the most synthetic perfume ever made. EVER!

HeavenlyScent
HeavenlyScent

This one's a powerhouse. I love it! Really strong and makes me feel feminine and confident. Great for special occasions and lasts forever on my skin. Perfection.

derkargy
derkargy

...the epitomy of Chanel fragrances.Simple and special,classic and modern at the same time!

romrom

such a classic fragrance, the longer you have it on, the better it gets.

Rose_Noire
Rose_Noire

A soft, feminine, powdery floral that screams class and romance. Not my personal style, but still a timeless classic.

Bethesda
Bethesda

Such a stunning, well composed warm floral fragrance. It is strong on application but absolutely divine and it only gets better (and more alluring!) as it develops on the skin. The floral notes are the most prominent, especially the jasmine and magnolia, and I do get a hint of vanilla and citrus. Very, very well balanced, long lasting and classy. Ideal for evenings whether formal or relaxed. Great with a black dress!

zsazsa
zsazsa

A perfect daytime fresh floral with a soft vanilla drydown. I don't understand why I waited so long to try this one. I have Coco, Coco Mademoiselle, Chanel no. 5 and Eau premiere. But to my surprise this one turned out to be truly special. I do detect a resemblance to CM, but somehow Allure doesn't give me a headache, like when I (over)apply CM. Must be the patchouli. I also detect the cold, metalic aspect many members mention in their comments about Chanel fragrances. In this fragrance it is a good thing, making it fresh and suitable for hot humid weather. I associate this fragrance with elegant gatherings with friends and family and chic office wear, but I'm sure it can be worn at any occasion. You just can't go wrong with this fragrance.

JazzBirdSinger
JazzBirdSinger

elegant seems the word du jour to describe this juice and i have to agree...but its not the first idea that came to mind.
i thought, "unusual, yet paradoxically old-fashioned"
the mandarin and vanilla are immediate---and before you can think of this is a
good humour creamsicle bar, the addition of buttery magnolia steers this
into white floral territory.
romantic? oh yes, surely.
heavy as well, this will have your head swim if over applied.... not a bad thing at all
anyone under late twenties should wait before smelling this

Katrusya31
Katrusya31

elegant, classy for a real lady not for girls.

malia
malia

it is an elegant perfum. I got it as a present. And though i don't wear it a lot i like this fragrance. It's not really MY scent, but it has something special!

ilikethequiet
ilikethequiet

Chanel's creations are my favorite perfumes in the industry, and Allure EdP is no exception. Where the EdT is fresh, sparkling and refreshing, Allure EdP is creamy, smooth and comforting.

This is a cool weather perfume, stronger and warmer than Allure EdT, but it's certainly not overbearing. Allure is a delicious blend of peaches and vanilla in the first ten minutes of wear, which then dries down to roses, peony and orange wrapped in warm, sweet vanilla. The other flowers are blooming on my wrist in the dry down, too. I can't pick out those individual notes, but rather I simply detect a few other florals mixed in with the rose and orange blossom. It's very feminine and... well, alluring! There is a smoothness to this perfume, a bit of woodiness in the base, that makes this a comforting scent that gets better and better the longer it's been on your skin. It's really quite a lovely creation.

All in all, I think I prefer the EdT to the EdP, but only just; they're both fantastic. I hope to one day own a bottle of each- the EdT for summertime and the EdP for winter wear.

Inspire0111
Inspire0111

I am not a fan of Chanel and Allure is no exception. Too strong, simply not me. The only Chanel scent that I really like is Coco Mademoiselle EDP - it is simply divine. The rest of the Chanel perfumes smell bad to me, to say the least.

suavecita
suavecita

I love this! I have all 3, the parfum, eau de parfum, and eau de toilette. I'm not sure if the compositions are the same for all but all but each one smells distinctively different. Not just stronger, lighter, etc. With the edt, it smells fresher, sparkling, citrusy, with light vanilla in the drydown. The edp is heavier on the peach, woods, and vanilla. The parfum is in a league of its own. Just one drop will keep you in powdery Allure heaven for hours!! My husband absolutely loves this on me and he normally doesn't like perfumes.

Allure is so very charming! At first spritz I loved the peach. About twenty minutes later I thought I was losing interest in the fragrance because it smelled kind of boring, like soap, similar to the drydown of Cristalle, I could smell the gentle florals and the woods. But as time went on, I kept getting whiffs of this incredible vanilla-woodsy scent. I could picture myself wearing a toga, with tropical flowers in my hair, dancing and chanting wildly around a beach bonfire in some ritualistic celebration on some tropical island way out in the middle of the Pacific. Very sensual, warm, and oriental. The scent of the cedar and sweet vanilla combined also remind me of being at a luxurious spa. I love perfumes that have vanilla in them, but are not considered to be "a vanilla perfume." Allure is magical!

mediterranean
mediterranean

This became very popular in Spain since it was published that Princess Leticia of Spain wore it. Apparently it is one of the brides´favourite for their wedding day. In my humble opinion it is more suitable for work or for a lunch with old school friends. Very comforting and sweet and at the same time elegant and discret.

Vaiva
Vaiva

Very nice scent, warm, soft, lovely, feminine...

fiona_sigourney
fiona_sigourney

Best "perfume", high quality, extreme long lasting! I got this a few years ago, but I wouldn't wear it outside my house despite how much I like it, coz' it won fit my age...

guest_kazi
guest_kazi

someone bought me allure edp for my birthday several years ago...although i used no5 at the time...i liked it so much decided after 22 years to have a change....never looked back ..i love love love it

romrom

I bought this when it first came out , it had a very classy seductive smell to it that I just loved.

guest_el
guest_el

allure edp is the best fragrance.. i liked it since it came out but i couldn't wear it then... now i'm 31 years old and i can't wait any longer... i hope that chanel never stops making allure!!!

missyheart888
missyheart888

I actually don't like it at first. I just bought it to give it a try. The smell for me is quite okay, since it stay long so im okay with that. But it bothers me when my sister told me that I smell like an old lady that going to mahjong =) haha. But since I already bought it I might as well finish it, right? haha

then, Those times that Im just waiting for my allure to finish, I met my husband. He loves smelling me ever since were dating. and when were not together, He keep hunting my smell.
Thanks to Chanel... It really gives you an expression... a signature.

Manya2
Manya2

Want want want!!!

This perfume makes me not care at all that it is so recognisable and that everybody and their aunt wore Allure in the 90s.
This level of perfection just erases such petty concerns.

guest_RoRoSe
guest_RoRoSe

just smelt it todaY
smells like my grandma !!
old sense like a mix of soup & orange..
not my type !

Dark Curls
Dark Curls

can't believe i waited this long to buy this perfume...as much as i LOVE all things Chanel..can't wait to get it in the mail!

hollycat
hollycat

So warm and cosy. Allure EDP manages to be minimalistic yet rich, deep, and very sophisticated. Its very linear to my nose. The vanilla is the main note that stands out, yet its not overwhelming. It is blended beautifully.

I cant pull out the notes that support this vanilla based perfume. It just has this seamlessness to it. Very streamlined vanilla.

It last a long time, and on me the sillage is moderate. But sillage is always poor on my skin so... try for yourself.

If you want vanilla elegance with simplicity. Allure is one of the greats.

IamWoman
IamWoman

Allure EDP is so beautifully balanced...the florals...the orange...the peach...the vanilla...the hint of spiciness...the warmth...the sensuality...the overall class it exudes. I tested this yesterday, shopped for about an hour, re-sniffed my wrists and "floated" back to the fragrance counter to make a purchase. Today I applied it, and I'm still "sniffing"...not to mention my husband has been finding every excuse to nuzzle into my neck (smile). Yes, it's "oriental", but so soothing, so cozy....it gives a very calm, direct, refined presence, much like that of a modern queen...confident, womanly, and in charge. This fragrance is definitely "alluring", but it is also commanding...once again, balanced. Another absolute Chanel beauty!!!

Elisabeth M.
Elisabeth M.

I rediscovered Allure EDP this weekend when smelling it on another woman sitting in a restaurant next to our desk. So many memories came back at once because I used to love and wear this perfume ten years ago. It was a favorite then and I am wondering about purchasing a new bottle. It is equally suitable for the office even though it contains lots of vanilla - a great advantage for me as a gourmand scent lover. This scent is a timeless and sophisticated classic.

Catty

I prefer the EDT version, but I enjoy also EDP!

In fact, I´m addicted to Allure, no matter its version!

Allure is really the best definition of the modern, classy woman.
It´s really a true new classic!

maru8862
maru8862

Oriental vanilla? Weird, I would have never thought of that. Though I can smell some slight traces of vanilla in this one, it's certainly not enough to be labeled an oriental vanilla, at least not in my book. The best way I can describe this is that it's very Chanel. There's something about all of their scents which smells awfully similar to my nose, and which makes the composition give off a rather general impression, meaning it is quite hard to pick out individual notes. This is a very grown up scent, ladylike, classy, and maybe just as safe a choice as the legandary No5. Imho it is really nothing outstanding, just as I can't find anything truly appealing about No5. I wouldn't mind smelling these on others (as a matter of fact I do, and a lot) but I will never buy any Chanel for myself. There's a certain coldness in all of them which I don't really like. They all evoke the image of an unapproachable ice queen to me, and this is not how I want to smell or come across at all.

Trvevil
Trvevil

Soft, a little bit sweet. Allure is warm and cosy fragrance. I can feel some peach in it too. A little bit sourness of citruses + mix of subtle florals must be really alluring. Though. I still prefer the sensual version or more mature ones from Chanel range.

Naro
Naro

Excellent perfume.My husband loves this one on me. Very beautiful, very sophisticated.

parfum de l'amour
parfum de l'amour

This is a comfortable, delightful, softly sweet, vanillic baby-powder scent. I would add it to my collecting anytime! Not intoxicating and evidently without any trace of a gourmand vanilla. It feels like a warm and fluffy blanket around a naked-just-out-of-the-shower body. Smooth, lukewarm, serene and peaceful sensuousness. Perfect for an adolescent, too.

scentous
scentous

soooo good, a must have, long lasting, very classy and feminine..you can smell all the ingredients both individually and all together in great harmony as well, dry down is fabulous, powdery soft and elegant..it is a little bit heavy and heady at first, you must wait for the smooth dry down..an other negative, it is a very much known scent which you can recognize on too many women around :)scent of a mature woman nad pereferably for the nights out, not an every day scent.

Manya
Manya

I wish I only wore beautiful haute-couture cream dresses, and Allure. Daily. It's like a dream :)

There is something, not really cold-hearted, but "disembodied" about Allure.

Chanel perfumes in general radiate a living goddess vibe which *will* put some distance between the wearer and simple mortals.

رائع جدا و رائحته فتانة فعلا عطر حب يصلح لان يكون للقاء حميمي بين زوجين
رائحة جميلة غير حادة لكن عبيرها جذاب ومغري للقاء جنسي بين زوجين فعلا يعطيك نشوة آخاذة تجعلك هيمان

theoneilove
theoneilove

allure is a innovative perfume and has a composition who gives an individual smell -that give this perfume a great power. We need a perfume who give us individuality, we need to have an unique perfume.It's a masterpiece.

SilvanaMo
SilvanaMo

Após alguns dias de uso, posso dizer que Allure EDP já é um dos meus favoritos.
Depois de algum tempo fica incrível na pele, a fragrância é muito sofisticada, especial, macio, quente. Tem que ser Chanel !! ^-^

guest_beatrix-göteborg
guest_beatrix-göteborg

it is good now to in somer it is a very nice fragrance and i can vear every time somer vinter lovely

maja314
maja314

soo nice! love it. A perfume that fills the room and surrounds you wherever you go, a smell that makes people follow you ..

Nicole79
Nicole79

Allure edp is so yummy...:)
Very Feminine, luscious, sexy and chic !
It is classy yet modern...Could be worn for office or evening, but only in fall-winter !
I think Allure suites every woman !...
...this brings compliments, it is a very particular and recognizable scent !
Allure .... a Woman's scent !

callua
callua

I had that scent four years ago and I must admit its fabulous:) very long lasting, very chic and classic. absolutely love!!

PRALINE210
PRALINE210

I much prefer Chanel 5 than this one. It's too heady for me and the vanilla scent stands out too much. Perfect for evening wear cause on me it was quite strong.

kbrown7070
kbrown7070

This is my first Chanel in many years...I have worn No. 5 and No. 22 in the past, but this is my absolute favorite.

I tried both the EDT and EDP and preferred the the headier and more intricate EDP. It's a gorgeous, womanly fragrance - I can smell roses, jasmine, peaches, a touch of orange and vanilla, spices and woods. I find it fascinating how the fullness and complexity of the scent unfolds over time; it works beautifully with my body chemistry. And yes, it's expensive but it's Chanel...a tiny spritz lasts on my skin all day and into the evening.

This is not a little girl, bubble gum, ingenue kind of scent, or the latest celebrity fragrance...this scent is timeless and exemplifies elegance, femininity, sensuality and romance. I feel beautiful, classy and desirable when I have it on.

Marisa36
Marisa36

I like vanilla so I thought I would give it a try. Definitely smells like Chanel and initially I got the "old lady smell", but it has settled down nicely and I dare say I almost like it. So far Chanel Chance is still my favourite of all the Chanel fragrances as it has a bit more modern feel. Allure is certainly very sophisticated and very mature. Maybe one day...

Manana
Manana

I have this perfume almost for 10 years,finishing one and baying another,and I have never been bored ,i love love Allure

lucifera
lucifera

ooh i used to a own a bottle this delightfull perfume and i liked it more then the famous no5 ( still do)... used to wear it during college but it started to bore my young nose so i began to sprits it royal and 2 times a day... xD haha
now that i see and remember allure i considering to purchase it again!maybe upcoming winter
it has good lasting power and its a good fragance when you don't know what to wear ;-)can't go wrong with this one and i absolutly loove the floral drydown!

Just saw the EDT page and the little movie clip, never thougth of chanel allure being seducive, to me its just nice and distinguish

EDIT: i really want to buy it again!

Anahi
Anahi

This kinda just smells like a pile of coconuts on me; I do like it; it's very comforting but just wish it had a little more depth...

krishka
krishka

Geourgeous perfume,intoxicating, long lasting, elegant, sexy,warm,can be worn in extremely hot weather as well as absolutelly freezing one, day or night, there is NO Other like Allure!

zvoncica
zvoncica

Someone here mentioned, if there is a possibility to have only one perfume it would be Allure. I agree.

Allure EDP is a smart perfume, profound and complex, yet at the same time simple, elegant and enjoyable. It is my favorite from oriental vanilla group, balanced nicely with flowers and citrus aroma. No loud vanilla, mild sweetness, appropriate warmth and depth.

The basic difference between Allure EDP and EDT, is that EDT is lighter and less sweet. But they are both great. From the top to base notes, from lasting power to silage, everything about Allure is next to perfect. I think Allure is very well accepted among people and you will probably receive good compliments and attention while wearing it.

If I would have to describe sexy, feminine and classy women, I would say she wears Allure.

kiselina
kiselina

On my skin it smells like lipstick...no development, no nothing. I will give it another try after a while.

hcl
hcl

People like this perfume easily. If you need fragrance to impress others – go and get it.
I personally find Allure a little dull, too much vanilla for my taste.
Not my cup of tea.

I don't know well the EDt version, but edp is truly a vanilla cake for me, and not in a good sense. It's definetely too expensive for that! Vanilla, vanilla, vanilla....very boring - for the price.

1blondeangel
1blondeangel

Beautiful & sensual fragrance! All WOMAN!!!!! Love...

falovalo
falovalo

Spicey and floral. Has that noted Chanel-ness about it. It's not my style of perfume, but it would be nice for those who like spicey yet soft fragrances.

mmizy
mmizy

This perfume is very sensual and classy but i don't know if it is age appropriate for me. I am 24. But I can definitely picture my mom wearing it. Though i must say the more I sniff my wrist the more I like it. I cant really pick out the vanilla note which is good because i am not a fan. Get a little peach and spice. Yummy. Definitely for special occasions. One of the chanels i like. May have to try it again.

MoietToi
MoietToi

I tried this scent on while I was shopping with a friend. Well I really like it. It's warm,smoky,sensual and very classy. I think I will add this to my birthday want list since it is rather expensive. But anyways I think that it actually enchances the skins natural scent rather than having you thinking "omg.. she's wearing perfume". Very classy,very sensual and so Chanel.

Ze-bra
Ze-bra

I find it very warm and smoky. And same time full of honeydew. I had it last autumn-winter, but stopped to use it in spring. With the first sun rays on my skin, the perfume left sour drydown. I gave it away.
I adored it when I got it last autumn, but I couldn't stand it when the spring came...

emotion
emotion

As the name suggests, Chanel Allure is one of the most intoxicating, sexy perfumes around. The rich scent mingles with my own scent to create something truly alluring. I have always worn this scent and am constantly stopped by women and men to ask what scent I am wearing. I only wear it once in the morning and it lasts all day. Infact, when I come home from work I ends up smelling of Allure. By far the best fragrance Chanel does, besides Chance Chanel (my favourite too.) The scent has sweet and spicy notes that is not too overpowering like some fragrances.It's last a long time especially if it is Eau de Parfum. Great parfum!!

Adriana_87
Adriana_87

Beautiful smell,i read once that Gisele Bundchen wears it..i could totally match it with her,very pretty girl feeling smell..

I like this one over EdT because it's much softer, creamier and rounder.
It is vanillic in a good way and it's mellow. Allure EdT is poor quality to me. Allure EdP is one of the few Chanel I wear with pleasure. Actually I used to wear it years ago. They gave me a 30ml bottle and I gloriously ended it up! Everywhere people commented on how good, sexy and elegant I smelled! I prefer other scents I own, but this one is better understtod by the crowd rather than my niche or extravagant ones.

guest_CHACHITA
guest_CHACHITA

This is my favorite perfume, my one and only...its very special for me. I use it everyday with its body lotion and I only apply it once a day and my body hair and clothing smells the whole day through! Its spectacular and I would not change it for anything.

guest_fefet
guest_fefet

I like this perfume, it's special, but requiers elegance, you can't wear this in jeans or sport equipment. More like a scent you wear at the office if you're ellegant, at a museum, at the opera, at the theatre,at a date with a classy smart man... My opinion: best perfume ever, but unfortunately, not for every ocasion.

I was surprised that this was a Chanel perfume. It was definitely not what I would have expected from their range. It's so deliciously soft and feminine. Other Chanel fragrances, to my nose, smelt sharp and mature, but not this one.

On my skin it transforms into a lovely warm vanilla and jasmine, which surprisingly exudes sex appeal. I was always one for describing Chanel fragrances as classy and conservative, but never in my life would I have thought that one of their scents would be so sensual and sexy.

Allure still does, however, stay true to the Chanel style, remaining classy, elegant and timeless. What I love most about this fragrance is its ability to suit almost every occasion. You could wear it to work, on a date, to a wedding or anywhere your heart desires. You wouldn't even have to re-apply this perfume at the end of the day because the lasting power is so good.

perfumes_addict
perfumes_addict

Lovely perfume. I didn’t like it at first, but after my mother received it as a gift, I fell in love with it. An it lasts soooo much on the skin and on hair…however, it is a little expensive for my taste. But I will definitely purchase it when funds will allow.

Inani
Inani

When I first sprayed it on me,I thought it was too strong and the citrus was more than I could bear.Ten minutes or so the scent was really nice with a soap and rose aroma.The perfume has a strong style for me.I like it because it's very provocative in a classic way,maybe because its covered fruity,sour and flower scent.

talat
talat

i could not bring myself to like this perfume. allure sensuelle is more of my taste. this one is more vanilla and powdery after wards.i personally like a bit loud fragrances.

nikolina1707
nikolina1707

This is my no1. def. I yse allure since 2000.and I tried so manny perfumes, but In my opinion this is most beautiful perfum ever made. Simply i'm in love with Allure.

PR
PR

I just had to write this it is soooo strange..I use Allure for a few years now, and this perfume shows a lot of character, but today more than usually.
I've sprayed it on to pulse points , on left and right hand, and it smells differently on both hands! On left it is almost fruity, sharper, honestly, I Find it a bit out of its character. On the right it is more what it usually is honey sweet with some dustiness, more creamy..At least it never fails to amaze me..

mymlan
mymlan

I tried Allure quite recently, just because I love Allure Sensuelle so much. What a lovley surprise! So soft, like velvet, but also so powerful. After ten minutes when it really starts to bloom you may wish that you had put it on with more care ;). Or maybe not - because the drydown is so amazing, you just want to have more and more of it. On me it's mainly a citrus and vanilla fragrance with some floral accords and a moderatly woody drydown. It's feminine, long lasting and suitable for both day and night use in all seasons. It is a very good signature fragrance due to its versatility I think. I like it a lot.

vestigial
vestigial

Chanel #5 for evening occasions, but Allure - for every single day. It's inspiring, especially as it opens after half an hour of wearing it.

Moszatka
Moszatka

I like this fragrance for a long time. Very character, elegant and long lasting. The special harmony of citruses, fruits and vanilla. After a tiny fresh overtone, a depth and sweet basis unfolds elegantly. I prefer EDP then the EDT.

Aysu
Aysu

This is definitely my number one perfume.
I can never give up Allure. I prefer EDP version as it is softer and more feminine. I have never seen a perfume that changes so much and takes incredible forms everytime. Very complex, perfect composition of flowers, fruits and vanilla. It is hard to say which note is dominant, and that is I think what makes it so unique.

golden
golden

I agree with the three comments made by malegia, imgcas and AmilkA.
I adore this melting pot of pure sophistication and elegance. To me i put this as another no1 perfumes. Warm and like the name says "ALLURING".

Malegria
Malegria

There will be a day when I will give away all perfumes and get me the big bottle of Allure.It is so refined, so well-mannered, so feminine that a woman may not need anything else! It creates an illusion of calmness, content, self assurance - with a drop of sadness. A scent for Ellen O`Hara.

imgcas
imgcas

One of the most delicious perfumes I've ever smelt. It changes a lot depending on who wears it. On me it's flowers (mainly orange blossom) and soft vanille, in others it's fruity. It also changes depending on the weather.
Just a piece of advice: it's better to apply with measure or to dab it.

AmilkA
AmilkA

others chanel - like chanel... but THIS ONE - the BEST! truly unforgettable scent, worth its name: tempting, alluring, falling in love :)

ivona
ivona

"impossible to resist and difficult to define"

yogini
yogini

In my opinion - the perfume nr ONE!

takemyhusbandplz
takemyhusbandplz

I originally tried this and hated it. I thought I'd give the Allure another spin and liberally spritzed it on last night. Upon warming on my skin, ohhh it was heavenly. Seductive, yet subtle orange and peach with just the correct balence of fresh and warm spices. Classy, sexy and downright lusicous. My husband really liked this one on me as well. Really, I was hoping to hate this, because now I will have to purchase a bottle!

Sovvva
Sovvva

Allure EDT - FOREVER!!! One of the best perfumes I ever had!

2007
jeca
jeca

I prefer the EDToilette version, this is sweeter, the original Allure is younger and lighter, more radiant and joyful.

2007

Allure eau de parfum by Chanel 3.98 out of 5 based on 2125 ratings and 243 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Chanel Allure eau de parfum fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Chanel Allure eau de parfum, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Allure eau de parfum by Chanel. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Allure eau de parfum by Chanel represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.