Designers » C » Woody Aromatic « Groups

Bleu de Chanel Eau de Parfum Chanel for men
dislike

I have it: 742 I had it: 139 I want it: 501 My signature: 41

Bleu de Chanel Eau de Parfum Chanel for men Pictures

Bleu de Chanel is a sophisticated and contemporary fragrance from Chanel that hit the market in 2010. Chanel introduces its enhanced version, Bleu de Chanel Eau de Parfum, in summer of 2014. The fragrance is dedicated to freedom—endless, deep and boundless.

The woody-aromatic composition created by Jacques Polge follows the original path but goes down into a sensual and oriental amber territory. Wood maintains the freshness of the original in this variant, enriched with depth and velvet amber woods.

The fragrance is available as 50 and 100 ml Eau de Parfum.

Labdanum Nutmeg Ginger Sandalwood Patchouli Vetiver Woody Notes Mint Jasmine Lemon Grapefruit Incense Cedar Pink Pepper Amber

Bleu de Chanel

Bleu de Chanel Eau de Parfum Fragrance Reviews

NGR2266
NGR2266

Versatile fragrance that can accommodate casual and formal settings. Careful not to smell this fragrance too close as with most fragrances as it gives a sharp smell that's generally unsatisfying. I feel that for most occasions that this fragrance fits better in the day than at night, but it definitely can be worn at night. This fragrance is one of the classics and is worth picking up, not quite a blind buy but definitely something that any fragrance enthusiast should pick up if they don't already have it, or if you need a safe scent. Good luck with BdC, I'd give it 9/10

geraldpatrick19
geraldpatrick19

One word to describe this perfume - OWNED!

Christian Caggiano
Christian Caggiano

For daytime wearing when I`ve run out of Aventus.
They`ve hit the mass popularity and classy` market bang-on here; my only thing with this is that I just don`t want to smell like everyone else in the street / office - however that`s my problem inside my own head and objectively one cannot deny this is a beautifully balanced fragrance. Great quality work at this price, typically skillful Chanel. What a house!

jpgaud61
jpgaud61

Bleu de Chanel EdP is a modern masterpiece!

I enjoy the subdued grapefruit, mint, and ginger opening notes. The dry down lasts nearly 8 hours on my skin with 2 1/2 to 3 hours decent projection, segueing from the citrus/mint/ginger opening, through a peppery, incense/wood, and nutmeg phase, then finishing with cedar, sandalwood, amber, & patchouli.

The formulation of this Eau de Parfum is well blended, rich, and the scent thoroughly homogenized. It's difficult to single out individual notes through the dry down. Still, Bleu de Chanel's note composition blends into an exquisite symphony of masculine elegance, class, & savoir faire.

Bleu EDP is quite potent on my skin; 3 sprays is almost too much in warm weather. 2 light sprays will carry most of the day for me.

Bleu de Chanel's scent isn't uniquely original, but still commands its own distinct and interestingly pleasant, masculine personality. Bleu EDP smells urbane, suave, and inoffensive. Bleu EDP reminds me, somewhat, of Dior's Eau Sauvage in the opening.

This fragrance is for the cultured, mature man. I wear this for upscale casual and formal wear year round, but I find Bleu EDP shines exceptionally for me as an evening fragrance. I don't mind Bleu's wide circulation and exposure. Bleu de Chanel EDP is a winner for me.

ahmad.joumblat
ahmad.joumblat

More nice than edt specially at winter weather

JezzaN1

@avaloncm - not entirely sure to be honest, however if you have ever smelt them side by side they are not the same thing due to a few key differences, despite sharing quite a lot of similarities.

The EDT is a much more grapefruit / ginger dominant fragrance which I find has less depth and complexity, compared to the EDP which has a smoother and more refined scent (to my nose) with less emphasis on the grapefruit / ginger opening, and more emphasis on the deeper woody / incense notes. Both are fantastic, but preference will largely dictate which one you go for. The EDP is my pick.

thegentleman89
thegentleman89

If there was ONE fragrance that I could get married with, it would be Bleu de Chanel EDP. My god this thing is gorgeous, love at first sight. I am not trained at smelling notes so I won't even go there. But this fragrance is class and masculinity in a bottle. Even better, I got this on sale at Macys for the same price of the EDT version. Both are amazing, but the EDP has won my heart. I think I have only given one other fragrance a perfect 10/10 (Dior Homme)...this one is a perfect 11/10. Ladies and gentleman, I have found the right one :)

avaloncm

General question - Fragranctica shows different notes in the EDP vs the EDT. The lady at the store read the notes from a Chanel marketing piece for both and they were the same. Why does Fragrantica show different notes?

avaloncm

I tried this for the 2nd time yesterday, overall, very nice. There was a scent that seemed to really not work for me, but it would come and go. The rest of it was very nice and it seemed to evolve for several hours and then cycle back.

The smell on my skin would change from the center of the spray to the outer edge of the area that each spray covered.

I went to a store last night and got samples of the EDT to try. They lady said it was not as strong and hopefully the one note that bothered would not be as strong.

Hope she is right!

saiff anham
saiff anham

Bleu de Chanel EDP is an remarkebly beauty in a bottle. Such a sexy scent with full of masculinity that surely make you looks gorgeous in every occasion (especially formal suit and tie). This grapefruity amber oriental heaven with touch of incense will make you can not go wrong with this one. Truely been my signature scent of all time.

Scent : 9/10
Sillage : 9/10
Longevity : 9/10

gillbert

i am not talking about longevity and sillage,it is an EDP concentration but unfortunately it is not as it been mention as EDP, Dior Homme Intense is far better compare to Bleu de Chanel, by the way, it was one of my favorite fragrance from Chanel, easy to put on, every time i wear it, i get compliments.i think, this fragrance is created for young energetic social people, i can wear it for any occasions, maybe not pleasant for everyone but it is inoffensive, i wear it for shopping, work, meeting, attending course, dinner, party and movie time

Landonbeckham

This is a poor version. Don't fall for the "perfume" marketing scam. Trust me it does nothing for longevity. Everyone has oily skin, everyone sweats, therefore oils are gonna mix and change the scent anyway! Oils doesn't equal longevity people! The original Bleu lasts way longer, smells more manly, and will get you way more compliments. It's on top of the world! This version should have its own name, nothing close to the original. It's so funny how so many people on these forums automatically say "perfume" is more for the NIGHT. It's because everyone is brainwashed thinking "perfumes" are stronger and more special for evenings. Give me a break!!

Like I said the Original Bleu is the go to, end of story!
This is the Hillary Clinton version, sorry....

Stay thirsty my friends :-)

Maruf11
Maruf11

Recently bought EDP 50ml bottle.... the perfume is very mature, safe, can wear anywhere without thinking and fragrance formulation is also exquisite foe a man by Chanel... but my concern is what's happening with Chanel.. with my Bleu De Chanel i purchased Chance Eau De Tendre by Chanel for my sister...both these perfumes smells exquisite but what's about their Silage, projection and lasting power..??? yes Bleu EDP lasts 6-7 hours but mostly as a skin perfume... same goes to Chance Tendre.. no powerful Silage or projection for both... as luxury perfume by Chanel with high prices it's not expected... so, as smell both these r quite good bt not worthy for price as Silage or Projection..

csaito
csaito

Not excelent, but good aroma, able to please everyone.

Extremely versatile, like Aventus.

It's the kind of perfume you wear when you do not know which to choose.

I tried EdT and found this one better, stronger and with more projection.

Loewengel
Loewengel

At first, this is the strengthened version of the eau de toilette formula, with an outstanding ambered resin hint complemented by some classic lemon aromas, including a spicy accord that brings memories of the traditional Bleu. I'd wear the eau de parfum version in cooler weather, but in can be suitable for the evening or night in spring or summer, as well. I find it more sophisticated. So far, I like the eau de toilette better, though.

Eyviab
Eyviab

Oh my word! What a beautiful manly scent! I am going to buy this for my husband because it's soooo good! It's what a man should smell like! Sexy, sophisticated, with a hint of 50 shades of Bleu (pun fully intended) ;~)

northtexasguitarlicks
northtexasguitarlicks

From opening to dry down I think it's one of the best fragrances out there. It's definitely safe and agreeable for all occasions and ages. I think the EDP is far superior to the EDT.

camposg
camposg

guys this is powerful. 3 sprays was a mistake. You will over do it keep it at 2 sprays and you will be ok that's all you need

coasterfan
coasterfan

I totally ripped on this fragrance a few months ago. I had gotten a sample on ebay and it was the EDT, not the EDP. It had either gone bad, or was a fake. Well, I just got a new sample in a glass bottle on Etsy and I couldn't be happier! What a gorgeous fragrance that could be worn any time of year, for any occasion. It's absolutely beautiful! What was a strong dislike for me as an EDT (possibly bad or fake) is now a strong love in the EDP! Currently saving for a full bottle!

Dear c0ssix,

Thank you, I agree with you. You got a point there. Coco Mademoiselle is well known as one of the mainstream women perfume so by choosing to wear it made no differents in effort trying to be unique.

Well, in my country wearing perfume or cologne is just not a part of daily routine or habit to most of us and in my state I confidently can say that the numbers of perfume consumer are quiet low. Deodorant however is a must, but perfume & cologne not much fan on that side. Due to the big price, most mindset are focusing on something that should be spend on more important like bills, food etc.

Due to that, even wearing something like scent from the body shop or avon can be really unique enough to some people here. I can consider myself lucky, to be blessed with good income and thus gave me advantage and ability to purchased luxury items like imported perfume and cologne (Praise To God).

This few years however my community starts to evolve specially in perfume wearing habits. Sometimes at the mall I can smell someone wearing Versace scent or Giorgio Armani and yes these 2 brands can be consider as mainstream brands at my state along with Hugo Boss, Polo, Calvin Klein and more to name a few but the numbers of consumer are still low that even wearing CK One then ride the public transport you will notice most head will turn to check you out. Imagine.

At my state Dior & Chanel are the most bang bang boom price perfume. So imagine the mainstream brands like CK, Versace & Giorgio Armani already has low numbers due to expensive price. Double the price for Dior & Chanel perfume, you will found that the numbers of consumer for this 2 are even lower.

Again, I can consider myself lucky that any perfume purchase from these 2 respected brands will definitely blown attention from people around me. I would really love to try the Niche fragrance but Im not that fortunate as there are no access to this in my state and can only be obtain at the capital city of my country which will requires me to travel thousand miles if i want to purchase.

I would love to purchase it online, but when it involve triple times the Chanel perfume price. Real live sniff is a must for me.

c0ssix
c0ssix

@Matt Abdul: Liked the detail of your review and I agree that many men's frags smell quite generic. As for your other point, I'm sorry but you won't find men wearing Coco Mademoiselle in your class. If you want to break away from mainstream scents, you probably won't do so by wearing mainstream women's scents. Try niche instead. It'll save you from awkward glances from other men.

gedlive
gedlive

This is a great designer fragrance. I like mostly classics, and niche woody fragrances. This and Dior Homme Intense, I like and would consider bottle worthy.

It is a well composed and balanced fragrance. I get citrus and ginger as top notes, very nice, and then there is some darkness to the fragrance with the nutmeg and amber. A classy good smelling casual.
A bit too sweet for me.
Something of this vib with a little step up in quality, I would recomend Tom Ford for Men. Price is about the same.

God bless. John 3:16

Tongmeister
Tongmeister

This is some class stuff. Chanel know what they are doing!

Longevity and sillage are very good, the scent is masculine without going over the top. It's a lovely everyday fragrance that is a fine addition to any collection.

I have the 100ml bottle and am putting a fair dent in it, it's that good.

Get a bottle. Good value, smells great and lasts.

Matt Abdul

Last week, I went crazy and spend big bucks to add more my Chanel perfume collections. The first Chanel I have was 5 years ago, Its Allure Homme Sport and the 2nd Chanel I have is Coco Mademoiselle which I bought on April this year.

So last week I bought some other Chanel perfume offered in both women and men line. The purchased are Chance Edp for women 100ml, Allure Homme Sport Edt 150ml, Allure Homme Edition Blanche 50ml and along with this Bleu De Chanel Edp 100ml. Coming soon this end of month after paycheck Allure Edp for Women.

I spend about 1 hour plus after getting the paper tester strip from the sales assistant to do comparison between the Edt and Edp. The result, I love the Edp more.

Of course they do have the similarity, but it all depends on how you liked it on you and if it suits your personality.To me,I like the Edp more.

I liked it because of the smooth, clean and soapy quality to it and its a well behave perfume haha. Unlike the Edt the citrusy is more pronounced and the soapy quality is toned down.

This is a good perfume and Im in love with it,it makes me feel kind of dreamy dreamy when i smelled it.

But the only downturn is one of my friend comment that, its a Chanel perfume but she have smelled the same scent from other cologne brand. She even mentioned that why mens cologne most of the scent are just the same but produced by different brands.

I have to agree with that,I mean that was one of the main reason why i practise the gender bender perfume and choose some of womens perfume and wear them. Because I know theres a big chances I would end up in the same hall room for some events and smelled the same with other 10 mens. Haha.

But overall, this is a great scent. I loved it and its my 2nd Chanel favorite cologne after Allure Homme Sport. Satisfied with this. I mean what do I expect ?

Its Chanel !

dmetzger
dmetzger

Reminds me VERY much like Le Beau Male with the citrus and mint. This smells a little more mature though. The projection is sadly, not very good or it might be a must have. Between the two though I still prefer Le Beau Male by Jean Paul Gaultier-and it seems to perform better. What a let down :0/

Scent: 6/10 it's safe and pleasant and approachable but not really memorable.

Projection: 4/10 very little on my skin.

Sillage: 2/10 damn near none.

Longevity: 7/10 I sprayed this on about 8 hours ago and can still detect it as a skin scent.

Schrodi
Schrodi

Smell is fresh and citrus-y. It is pleasant.

For an EDP is doesn't last on the skin all that long and projection is about arms length for 2-3 hours and then quickly settles on the skin. People still get whiffs though and when they do the reactions have been positive.

It is a perfect all round business casual scent or for going to a restaurant or barbecue.

stiliyan.borisov
stiliyan.borisov

Refined version of EDT with more pronounced oakmoss and styrax.
A modern chypre vibe. Citrus notes are milder. The incense note is more noticeable. I feel some salty marine accord during the dry down stage.
Woody-amber-suede-velvety-flowery aura with a reasonable projection.
EDP lasting power(12+ hours for me).
User easy gets anosmic to aroma. This is not valid for people around him. Proved with many attempts.
Nothing generic in my opinion. Don't judge by an initial spray and let the fragrance develope.

Benguin7

Man. Just ran out of this. I miss it.

This scent helped me realize how much I love incense as a note when it's well blended with other notes. Which is the most beautiful aspect of this scent to me. How incense is incorporated into a balmy, fresh, fruity, spicy, woody alchemy of accords.

I'm getting the 5.0 oz bottle of this.

It's that good. I can use it that often. In so many situations. And i love it so....so, much.

I've tried the EDT by sample.

I'm with the camp that thinks the EDP is the superior version.

Also. I've made 3 separate entries in this thread. haha. To me. That says something. When a scent can keep you intrigued on an ongoing basis. Like real love.

free tibet
free tibet

It smells pushy and bites in the nose. It gives me a headache. Most women do not like it. Instead, I recommend Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum. You can't go wrong with it.

Michael Maximus Moose
Michael Maximus Moose

The EDT can't compete with this it`s Beautiful
Class in a Bottle 8/10

Yowzer-Pei
Yowzer-Pei

One of my first bottles I bought after being in the fragrance wasteland for many, many years (always avoided the smelly section in the stores). What caught my nose was the wonderful opening notes which always never fail to brighten my day... It will always brings back memory of that day when the world of smells came full circle and I started going down the rabbit hole which does not seem to have a bottom.

Oh yes, the review. 9/10 for its wonderful complex blend (to my nose anyway, YMMV), decent longevity, nice pleasant incense-y drydown (and I never liked incense, probably never smelt a good one before) and of course, versatility.

nemesisdrummer
nemesisdrummer

Scent 9/10

Projection 7/10

Longevity 7/10

I get noticed, It garners compliments

phoebe25
phoebe25

My husband has this. It is such a maskuline and sexy scent.

Jim5150
Jim5150

I love it. I have the EDT as well, and they smell really similar. This doesn't have the grapefruit opening, but the wood/incense are amped up. I'd say performance is about the same as the EDT. Not much difference at all, which I rate at very good. I get a good 6-8 hours of longevity. Projection is good, same as the EDT as well. Compliments....wow, a lot! Women of all ages love it. You cannot go wrong with either version. Very versatile fragrance. If you can't decide, and want only one version, go to Macy's and use the testers of both versions on separate arms, and walk around, and see which you prefer. As for me, I layer them together. Works great....thank me later!

fatihsarıkaya
fatihsarıkaya

MUHTEŞEM BİR KOKU BENCE, FARKLI BİR HİS UYANDIRIYOR İNSANDA, ÇOK KALICI, ÖZELLİKLE SANDAL AĞACI, GREYFURT VE SEDİR AĞACI GİRDİĞİNİZ ORTAMDA İZ BIRAKIYOR KESİNLİKLE TAVSİYE EDERİM

samuelgustav
samuelgustav

I love this smell, I really do, I want it, but the performance is terrible, I mean really terrible for a edp, on me in summer I get 2h, with luck 4h... Been testing it a lot, but no luck, my skin indeed is not the best for fragrances but still.

Kraemer
Kraemer

Rich, confident, and decadent. Bleu de Chanel isn't a scent that begs to be noticed, but for those that do, Its mature, confident and pleasing scent of jasmine, incense, sandalwood, and ginger is intoxicating without being overly hyped. It's workplace friendly, extremely versatile, and is appropriate for wear during any season. It's as confident as your wingman on a hot Saturday night as it is on your wedding day.

It's the billionaire that chooses to drive a Camary instead of a Bentley.

The EDP edition of this scent is a far richer experience with a much deeper, more intriguing opening and slightly better longevity.

A true desert island scent. This ones destined to become a classic (and one I'll continue to wear for the next 30+ years).

Melted
Melted

I had never tried the EDP until recently and my initial reaction was disappointment. However, 15-20 minutes later I loved the smell and its refinement, which I have come to expect from Chanel and the never disappoint me.

So, I bought some and I'm very happy with it. Indirectly, it reminds me of Aventus and I don't know why. I have it on right this minute and I feel wonderful.

rajasik.nag
rajasik.nag

This is richer, more invigorating than the edt. The edt is a good scent which flirts with being generic. This one reeks of quality and is to my nose significantly superior. Although I feel the edt is more versatile.

It stays 8 to 12 hours on me.

Scent - 8
Longevity - 10
Sillage - 9
Versatility - 8
Complements - 10

Bretto66
Bretto66

In my opinion the EDT with its opening blast of citrus and ginger is a far superior perfume.

JezzaN1

For two scents that are (on face value) very similar, I can't believe how much I prefer the EDP in a side-by-side comparison.

After trying the EDT ages ago, and thinking of it as fairly 'meh', I decided to go into the local department store and put a spray on each wrist and compare them directly. To me, the problem with the EDT is it just screams grapefruit, a bit of ginger, and not much else. This is like the 15 year old version of BdC trying to attract attention.

The EDP is so much richer, deeper, darker, with a noticeable increase in both woody notes and incense (both of which I generally prefer over more citrus-heavy fragrances). This is the mid-20's version of BdC that has matured and gotten its shit together, and is now successful, confident, and charming.

The projection is a little more mild on the EDP, however I don't think this sort of fragrance is something that needs to be super loud. This is a perfect jack of all trades fragrance, and I mean that in the best possible way - there is not one situation I can think of where you would feel out of place wearing this. The EDT might be ever so slightly more versatile because of it's lighter character, but for me personally, the EDP is the one to go with. Hands down.

edit: To my nose, this one is more or less gone within 8 hours, however the other night I applied it at around 6:30pm, and the next morning around 10am my girlfriend said I still smell really good (referring to BdC). I guess this one has some decent lasting power after all, maybe it's easy to become anosmic to.

rushrocker
rushrocker

This scent is one of my favorite all-time scents. It is so dark, fruity, juicy, and clean... my God. It's beautiful.

However the longevity for me is somewhat of a mystery. To my nose, and on my skin, it projects for 30min-1 hour and disappears completely within 3 hours. But, yesterday I sprayed 2 on my chest, 1 on back of neck, and 2 on my shirt, at 7am and then went the whole day and finally to my family's house at 5:30pm. I walked in the door and my mom said I filled the room with my scent... So I'm at a loss. My theory is that due to the elegant darkness of the scent, my nose becomes anosmic to the scent very quickly, when in fact it's still projecting to other people's fresh noses. The EDT does not have this issue for me, and is a projection and longevity monster.

I can't say much more other than this. Both the EDT and EDP are two of my favorite scents of all time.

UPDATE: I own and wear this all the time. If you spray yourself and constantly smell your wrists, arms, etc, you will become anosmic to it quickly. But if you just let it be, you will notice that you get whiffs of it for hours and hours, over 8+.

9.5/10

gillbert

i make a sniff more than 10 times, some say EDT is better than EDP but for me it's doesn't matter EDT or EDP. i love both and i buy both.

EDP is composing with lot of pink pepper, cedar, vetiver, jasmine and mint, so it is more flowery, peppery, minty and woody vibe. while EDT is loading with lot of ginger, lemon, grapefruit and vetiver so i can smell the soury, gingery and vetivery notes.

longevity and sillage are too subjective to discuss, and i leave it to you to discover more. my experience to discover EDP version is, the more i wear it the more i get warmy and feel it.

skeuri
skeuri

When I first tried this on my hand at the store I didn't much like it. A huge blast of too strong lemon/citrus. My wife loved it though, so I took home a sample and tried it during a week.

I've used up a second sample and have now bought an entire bottle.

After I got used to that strong citrus blast I started to appreciate the deeper spice. I know think of this as quite a spicey, dark fragrance despite the citrus opening which stays well through the middle.

My advice is to stay with this one and I promise you it will grow on you and you'll learn to love it's hidden depths.

lneleman
lneleman

Ive been debating whether to purchase the new EDT or the EDP. After multiple testings over many months, my personal conclusion follows. The EDT is sharper. The EDP smells very similar but is smoother and mellow. Overall the EDT, for some bizarre reason, projects far better than the EDP. It also lasts longer than the eau de parfum version. The EDP becomes a skin scent quickly. I would go for the new EDT, because it performs better and also catches your nose easier. Both are great, but the EDT fits me better.

Kdu
Kdu

What it was already good got even better !!!
EDP version , with more longevity and sillage ... even for me was perfect in this version ! Still sexy and very versatile

Bon et Copieux
Bon et Copieux

In response to gilbert's observation of a price increase, EU regulations came into force in 2015 banning the use of oakmoss, one of the principle ingredients in BdC and many, many other high end designer and niche frangrances.

gillbert

i don't want to talk about the notes or sillage or longevity but i want to talk about having this fragrance. December 2015, i saw it, i tried it but i didn't buy it. soooooooo damn. last two weeks, i went to the Chanel outlet, i was really really really surprise by the price. from December 2015 to May 2016, Chanel outlet had increase the price. what the hell. i felt very very regret by not having it last year. now my firends and fragheads, ifffffffffff you don't have this fragrance, PLEASE GET NOW before the price will going up soon.

i'm not begging you to buy it but i'm telling you my own experienced. maybe the price is not increase and still the same in your country but in my country, almost all the perfume house had increase.

Guinea54
Guinea54

I only had a small decant to try out. I think the smell is really nice. It is extremely smooth, clean , yet has some depth. Scent I give it 5/5. The performance actually seems good, I haven't done a full wearing so I am not sure. But I sprayed some on my left arm and I sprayed dior sauvage on my right. It seems like I am getting more whiffs of bleu and it seems to be stronger. I don't know if this has formulations or what not, but I been reading a lot of reviews that says this is week on performance.

rakan1985
rakan1985

scent : 9/10
sillage : 7/10
longevity :8/10
70% day / 30% night fragrance

Benguin7

I've come back to bleu now that the weather is getting warmer. I think as my taste is maturing I'm less influenced by aversion to what is popular or mainstream. Also, I'm more cognizant of how fragrance influences my interactions with others. When I first nerded out on fragrances I thought my pleasure was the only consideration. And then I would notice aversions of others to my distinctive choices. Or I realized I choked some people out with too many sprays.

My point is. That when I think more about fragrance as the intersection of me and others, Bleu takes on a renewed power and appreciation. Also, after a break from it. I realize how much I love the smell.

This scent is also amazing in that it can be used as a distinctive warmer weather fragrance and as a nice cooler weather fragrance. Day or evening. I even wear it to yoga classes. And it's just lovely and inviting as your skin heats up.

My experience with Bleu has made me a Chanel fanboy. I'm looking to collect Antaeus and others.

I really think Jacques Polge is a master. Not that my opinion matters. haha. It's just that I'm just realizing how good that mf'er is at what he does.

To me, Chanel, like Dior, strikes an amazing balance between style, mass appeal, and pure perfume mastery. It's in some ways a higher standard to be achieved than niche houses have to reach. I've realized this is an important factor in producing scents that are good for all occasions and that are more attuned to pleasing others than pleasing oneself. I'll still rock scents for myself. But there are times when I want to be more inviting, in the right way, particularly at work. And my work is anti-perfume, so if I want to support my own love of scents and not be uncomfortable worrying about offending people, then Chanel, and Bleu in particularly, is a powerhouse option.

I love it.

Just the smell alone.

Then all these other benefits.

MrLoveHisFragrances83
MrLoveHisFragrances83

I have a few samples of this edp version of "bleu" and what I can say is that it is a deeper more refined version which is truly a timeless scent.

In my opinion this is a more laid back version of the original so it far from screams, unlike the original which is more bright and sharper.

I prefer the edt for smell however, it is still a great scent in close quarters.

JohnMc
JohnMc

Had the original in the handy 20ml travel pack of atomisers (really great idea by the way - I've only seen Chanel and Dior use these travel atomisers), a fantastic scent, oozes quality, sophistication and grace. The EdP is richer, almost a boozy, powdery mixture. In essence, for me it's the modern evocation of 21st century male testosterone...

ritch
ritch

This is an understated fragrance for someone who doesn’t need their scent in order to stand out. A well dressed man, who gets things done and has his shit in order. He’s a sophisticated 20 something who wears this to the office, and sometimes to the bar, mostly in the colder months. This is his grab and go frag as he hurrys out the door, on the way to the office or gym. 3-4 sprays and he’s ready for the day.

The grapefruit opening gives an enegetic feel with the ginger making it warm and approachable. It’s lively & energic, professional yet a little playful. Trustworthy, refined, with a touch of class. It’s safe because it doesn’t need to shout.

If your like me, you might have thought it too safe. But this has a lot more depth than almost any daytime fragrance out there. And now it’s really growing on me. Bottle worthy for sure.

no-fi
no-fi

Bleu de Chanel EDP is such a warm, lovely, sophisticated men's scent. This isn't a fragrance that needs to scream to announce its presence. Rather, it is softly spoken, yet self-assured in a very masculine way.

I chose this over the EDT because of its softer opening. The overall composition lingers through to dry down, rather than the individual notes rising and falling in prominence. It is citrus heavy on top, with the main note being grapefruit. I also get lots of incense, amber and vetiver. That said, it's such a well-rounded composition that it's almost pointless to pull apart the individual notes.

Bleu de Chanel is everyday magic, and a keeper for sure.

moawiya.alanazi
moawiya.alanazi

I used to have the original version.

this one's definitely deeper and veers towards Terre D'hermes class of perfumes (woodsy) but on the otherhand, it tries to outperform itself and it's stuck there not reaching its full potential.

Braveheart 100
Braveheart 100

Can't go wrong with this one in my opinion. Great scent, great longevity, above average projection and very versatile.

saidesses
saidesses

this is way superior to the edt , the scent is deeper ,richer , smoother , it lasts longer and it has the same projection and sillage of the edt.

Snydersteven7
Snydersteven7

This parfum is blended so well it's hard to pick out the individual notes. One of my favorite scents of all time was Lancôme Miracle pour homme which was sadly discontinued in 2009. While this doesn't smell exactly the same, it reminds me of that scent. The longevity of this is enormous. If you spray this on your clothing you will smell it days later. The longevity on skin isn't nearly as long but it's decent. I spray twice on my chest (outside of shirt), once on my neck and once on the back of my neck and I've gotten tons of compliments from this one. It sits relatively close to the wearer but nobody should be able to smell anyone from across the room in the first place. Fragrances don't last long on my skin, as it's on the dry side, but spraying on your clothes does the trick. The good thing about this one is it stays pretty much the same from top to bottom notes.

pat.snickerdoodles
pat.snickerdoodles

I am wearing it now!

I bought it at Chanel Boutique in JBCC Mall. Actually I love all the Chanel mens perfumes. Smell was great. However, for Chanel De Bleu Eau De Parfum can stay on my shirt just for 4 hours. Not really long lasting. Most probably because of the whether in Malaysia, humid and hot. You need to re-spray to keep the smell strong and nice.

The special thing that I can say about this perfume is, more sweat you have, the stronger smell you get (in just within 4 hours). So, I have no regret about this perfume. Stick with this perfume <3

Highly recommended!

I agree with those who say this is less harsh than the EdT. In fact, with about half a spray to the chest, I smelled very little. Now let me turn to something a reviewer below said:

"I get very strong grapefruit, ginger, patchouli, lemon, vetiver, a little sandalwood, amber and mint, weak woody notes and incense.
I do not get any jasmin, nutmeg, cedar, pink pepper, labdanum at all."

I agree except that I didn't get strong grapefruit nor patchouli or lemon. What I can detect smells pleasant, if I'm in the mood for a touch of vetiver, but in those cases I'm going to reach for Pal Ziler's Africa scent rather than this one, because I find it more interesting. Take the vetiver out, and I'd rather wear Villain for Men (which cost me $10 for 125 ml the other day), so again we are back with a "major" designer release that is simply terribly overpriced relative to other scents that I'd rather wear (and share some things in common with this one). By contrast, at least Sauvage has some weirdness going for it that you can't find in anything else, TMK, though that one comes across to me as an inferior version of Horizon (because I seem to be very sensitive to marine type notes/accords), since I'm not a fan of weirdness (at least in this context). So, if you have extra cash and like this one, why not grab a bottle (unless you have too many already, which is my situation, along with the cost, which is a bit much for my budget)? It's at least mildly pleasant and doesn't have any harsh edges.

Benguin7

I have a complex relationship with this one. I love it. Sometimes get bored with it. Smell it on other people and like the way they smell. Go back to loving it after a break from it. And so on. Like a fantastic woman that I just don't commit to for some reason. But whom I appreciate in cyclical fashion of closeness and frequency of encounter.

One spray of this EDP on my neck and I have a lovely dense scent bubble around me for 4-6 hours. With a slow transition to a skin scent in hours 5-16. So the longevity is spectacular on my skin.

I get a juicy pink ripe grapefruit with spices notable for pink pepper and ginger then a balmy mix of patchouli, cedar, sandalwood, and incense. The blend is ultra smooth. So these notes are the only individual ones I can separate. But the harmony of notes is tight so while I can smell them, they're always in conversation with other notes.

This is the part of the scent that I've really come to appreciate. I've worn some very expensive niche scents that fall apart and become a cacophony of notes. This one stays beautifully blended, complex, and rich throughout it's evolution.

I'm really glad I have this in my collection. It suffers from wide circulation so, though it is unique in the history of perfume it is not unique to the wearer, so you may not get that spark of intrigue within yourself or in communication with other noses. But given the excellent performance and ultra-high versatility of this scent, i think it's a superb value.

Citrus2014
Citrus2014

Using, nonchalantly, ingredients traditionally found in men's fragrances, when the market is full of "unisex" niche products, shocked initial buyers, giving the impression of a product of poor quality or an unoriginal one, Bleu EDP is simultaneously traditional (connection with shaving products is evident) and modern-sophisticated one which represent a strong improvement (with amber, woods and aldehydes) over the EDT.
I recently tested Chanel 31 Rue Cambon, feminine fragrance that I endless admire, and after I use for a long time Bleu EDP, I can confess that there are many similar elements in both perfumes, primarily miraculous way which perfumer managed to create a modern fragrance using very traditional ingredients, over both throwing the magic of Chanel brand.
I found EDP more mature and more sensual than EDT (just like Allure Sport Eau Extreme over Allure Sport) and comparison with Dior Sauvage is an insult to Jacques Polge.
The projection is moderate (optimal for office use) and the longevity is just perfect.

Fragrance 9/10
Projection Medium
Longevity 12 h

cadilo
cadilo

Great fragrance from Chanel; I love to layer it with Bleu de Chanel EDT to get maximum longevity and notes.

9/10.

klcowart
klcowart

My husband has this, and I really enjoy it on him! However, every time it's freshly sprayed, it reminds me of Abercrombie's Fierce. Which I like, but I've smelled it before. Regardless, he usually gets compliments when he wears it. It's a very likeable cologne. If you have no idea where to start when selecting a cologne, this is a safe bet. It's not too strong, but noticeable.

Saru21
Saru21

@Escoteric, get a grip on reality. Most people that give out compliments on someone's cologne are fond of the individual in one way or another, are comfortable around said individual, or have some sort of relationship with them. Otherwise, people will notice the cologne you're wearing, but won't say anything about it since they lack that aspect of closeness to you. A good Cologne can improve your image, but won't make you instantly desirable.
Don't negate this cologne's merits simply because you suffer from a variety of personal insecurity complexes. The problem is obviously you and not the cologne, that goes for any cologne you choose to wear. Improve upon yourself, fix your crappy self loathing personality, and then maybe people will find you likable enough to give complements. Don't expect others to like you when you don't even like yourself.

SirCharles
SirCharles

Pretty much like the EDT but with a slightly more powdery/feminine vibe. Actually I think this would be really attractive on a woman.

Riverwide

Beautiful. This has extremely good longevity, especially on clothing. I get gorgeous wafts of it all day. On skin it definitely turns into a skin scent in a couple of hours, but just spray on clothing too and you'll smell it all day long. It's like a softer, warmer, more refined version of the EDT(which I like too) and also far superior for me.

I love it.

SpeedDemon
SpeedDemon

I never had the edt version so just picked up the edp since i heard from many people edp was th ebetter one , well the smell is infact nice but what bothers me is that this edp has next to nothing projection at least on me like someone had to lean in for a kiss or sit less than 3 inches from me to have it slowly hit their nose , and my batch code is 8403 , i did go through this bottle since for a period of time this was my only remaining bottle of any fragrance and that was the pretty much only reason i did finish it , otherwise i was let down big time specially for the price

If i was to buy this again would be for when i'm about to get intimate with a woamn not for everyday or formal wear , but that's just me.

Smell imo 8/10 smells really good

longevity 6.5/10 it can be noticeable for around 2-3 hours AT BEST on me after that it's a pale ghost u know ? it won't hit anyone in the face

Sillage and projection anywhere between a 5 and a 6/10

Absolutely let down by this edp projection and silage abilities , wouldn't buy one anytime soon again

vincent.meloche
vincent.meloche

The kind of fragrance that get's noticed. Long lasting specially on cloths.

Ourfrank
Ourfrank

Let me first day that I LOVE chanel fragrances. Love them!
Having said that, I don't understand how this is so weak!!!! Sadly I have a very large bottle and I don't know if I'll ever get through it. It does smell very nice and I think for the first hour it's quite enjoyable, but it literally vanishes. Maybe good to layer with something stronger? I will not be repurchasing this, sadly.

greg1187
greg1187

I have just spent 2 hours comparing the EDP and the EDT on the back of each hand, and as most people are probably here to figure out which one to buy, I'll offer my two cents.

The EDP is a fuller and deeper fragrance as most people have already stated.

There is a note from the drydown of the EDT which has been significatly amped up in the EDP. I was surprised how unique this makes it smell, almost strange, but in a good way... it has a kind of niche vibe to it.

The EDP smells a bit more mature and is probably more suited to evening use, so it is less versatile in that respect. The EDT is sharper, fresher and louder on first application.

As for projection, I would say the EDT wins here, but there is not much in it at all. The EDP probably wins on longevity, but again, not much in it.

I would say the EDP leans slightly more towards winter use and the EDT to summer, but both could be used all year round. So if you are in the northern hemisphere and are stuck on what to buy, go for the EDP (writing this in December).

In the end I went for the EDT myself as it projects better, but I will probably buy the EDP next time.

Lastly, I think this could be the definition of a signature scent.

For reference, I am 28 years and 1 month old (male).

Nba2423
Nba2423

Smell wise this smells amazing... sexy as hell, masculine, versatile.....but projection SUCKS ASS. 2/10 for projection....nobody can smell me with 4 sprays!!

afiq.shameen
afiq.shameen

I live in a climate where the temperature averages 33 degrees celcius with 70% humidity daily. In my opinion, Chanel has produced great, iconic perfumes. But with this weather condition Bleu de Chanel EDP can last about 5 hours max, and the projection sticks only on the skin. I'd say that as many others have pointed, Bleu de Chanel is safe to use in the office. If I were to get another try at Chanel, it would be Antaeus but I didn't purchase it last time for fear of offending other people's preferrences in smell.

Ngot
Ngot

I found the edp is kind of drydown from edt. I like edt more because it is louder in opening and then softer but still have a good silage from drydown which give me an exciting journey. With edp, I have immediate but louder smell from the drydown of edt and I don't like this. Edp's longevity is better but not upto what's so called edp and I don't expect beast mode of longevity for all edp from designers. Overall, this is amazing scent but I think edt is worthier to buy.

ScottyVizz
ScottyVizz

Sampled this one at Sephora last night around 730. It was pouring rain and I got home and took a shower. Woke up this morning, got to work. It is now 10AM and I can still smell it!
I don't notice a big difference in scent (I adore the EDT) but the BdC Parfum is a workhorse! Might just have to get myself a bottle. :-)

henke_west
henke_west

I had been searching for this frag since a trip to the Greek island Skiathos this summer, where I had an interesting encounter with the oracle from Delphi. Although, numbing myself with vodka on the rocks all night, I still could pick up a nice scent from the oracle. I picked out a nice fresh grape and sandal woody vibe that suited the Greek summer night perfectly. Furthermore, I have been looking for a nice summer scent because I usually prefer darker winter/night scents.

Subsequently, I realized it was Bleu de Chanel he wore. So, at the local store I ended up buying the parfum version which smelt less synthetic and more complex then its toilet-brother on sticks. The nice woman at the store offered me a really good price for the edp version because they were out of edts in 100ml.

However, the fresh top notes which I remember from the Oracle are less prominant in the edp version. Instead, the edp is deeper, sweeter, closer to the skin with a fresh linen amber soapy feel to it.

Although, I don't have much experience of the edt, I think I was looking for its screaming grape freshness for club nights in the bright Swedish summer. However, this will probably rock the beds at the after parties a lot better.

gaylord
gaylord

I absolutely adore this perfume.
Sophisticated, masculine and subtle all at the same time.
The incense and ginger linger for hours
And project a very unique aroma.
I believe this scent is suited for more formal occasions and this now takes pride and place in my collection :-)

yenilik
yenilik

Relativity of scents? Forget about it. Great perfume. Period. A must try.

AZ
AZ

I really love this fragrance . I consider it to be one of my top 5 fragrance that is coming from a person who owned alot of fragrance vintage and niche. It is unique and distinctive. When the fragrance smells good it smells good no need to have this niche snobbery around it being not good enough. As for the projection and silage is pretty good on me.

The amber incense woody grapefruit combo is amazing. It is well balanced fragrance that anyone good enjoy it.

I also prefer this one from the original one it different fragrance with the same aurora.

Pare159
Pare159

Mass appeal fragrance. Aromatic cloyingly sweet but well done. The dry down is where this fragrance shines. Although fresh I like something with more body. Age range anyone can wear this. Compliment getter for sure.

nero77
nero77

Modern & Sophisticated...

So, I tried the Eau de Parfum version before trying the Eau de Toilette, but I have since tried both side by side. My impression of this one is that it is definitely "woodier". It starts off with grapefruit and incense, much like the Eau de Toilette, however I would say that this one starts off where the Eau de Toilette heart and dry-down occur. So it has less of the bright, citrus top-notes and more of the woodier, mossier notes. I also detect vetiver and amber. There is less of the pink pepper, sparkling grapefruit opening of the Eau de Toilette. This is why when I think of this I think I would use it for more formal events.

Overall, with this Eau de Parfum I think of this as the "night" version of Bleu de Chanel. It strikes me as something more formal, compared to the casual, more versatile, laid-back nature of the Eau de Toilette. This is the version I would choose between the two, just based on my initial experience. But each version has it's merits. I think this would be great for any formal event which requires a man to wear a suit, or dress code. Perfect on a date, and for a man with wealth and experience. Extremely good effort by Chanel with this one.

Pen_Trumps_Sword
Pen_Trumps_Sword

I believe that the Eau de Parfum version of Bleu de Chanel is a scent that lives up to its appellation. It is an evocative and complex masterpiece, which makes it a much more intriguing - and enjoyable - experience for those that were left underwhelmed by its predecessor.

Bleu de Chanel's much vaunted Eau de Toilette offering has its own undeniable merits: a fresh, vibrant fragrance, capable enough to exhume and inspire even the most lethargic of people. Jacques Polge confected something truly versatile and pleasant in Bleu de Chanel. However, with that being said, it still feels like an incipient fragrance, still waiting to unfold and dazzle its wearer - as well as his company.

They say that scotch improves with age; I say that it took four years for Bleu de Chanel to peak and evolve into what it is now.

I fall into the coterie of people that prefer and appreciate Bleu de Chanel's newest iteration. For those who want to discard of the ennui that may have developed over the years from the Eau de Toilette, the Eau de Parfum version will definitely pique your interest. And to those who have remonstrated against this newer release and will remain loyal to the original, I say, bravo.

Owning both versions of this release can complete your olfactory experience, and I encourage everyone to do so.

Martin__
Martin__

I actually don't know whose idea was that Bleu de Chanel Eau de Parfum has exactly same notes as Eau de Toilette, plus amber and woody notes. I can't feel it. Not on my skin.

This one is much sweeter. I can't smell ANY traces of ginger and incense - those notes which were very prominent in EDT. So, what do we have here? Tonka bean, vanilla, amber... Maybe a little hint of benzoin. And that famous grapefruit, plus a sweet citrus, not sure - might be mandarin, but might be orange as well.

It's very heavy on my skin. It barely projects. Longevity is solid, 8-10 hours.

This is different from EDT, just different. At least on my skin.

At first I hated it. I might give it one more chance in the future.

mhobba
mhobba

I'm starting to come around to this scent. It seems silly to say, but I really should have paid more attention to the name and bottle when trying to decide on the best application. A few opinions here and elsewhere suggest this scent works year round and while I do agree that it is simultaneously fresh enough for summer and warm enough for winter, I find the best use case for this scent far more specific. I dislike how harsh it can come across when the air is cool, but when the sun is down and the air is thick with humidity, Bleu de Chanel Eau de Parfum shines. The grapefruit, mint and ginger just cut through humidity like a sharp knife. The resins, incense and vetiver give everything a deep blue hue like the evening sky, just as the elegantly minimal bottle suggests.

[email protected]@r
C@nn@r

While there is not much difference between the two Bleu scents I prefer the EDP. The EDP is less harsh. It is smoother, richer, and more rounded out around the edges. I get the prominent grapefruit, incense, ginger combo that BDC is famous for. However the presence of the amber really smooths the biting incense ginger. Then I get the mint and sandalwood smoothed out by the more masculine woody notes. Overall it smells better but performance is about the same 6-8 hours longevity with light projection. Perfect for almost any occasion. Price is a bit high but if you wear only a few sprays daily this will last a long time and be worth every penny. Maybe not optimal for someone that has a large collection because this could get lost in the mix.

Richypoo
Richypoo

TRADE/SELLING

ANYONE WHO WOULD LIKE TO TRADE ME MY 150 ML EDT BLEU FOR A EDP VERSION PM ME. I already have an edt and accidentally bought another one, and I would like an EDP version. clean trade
Sprayed a few times but bottle and box in great condition, bottle still full up to the top

NickZee

Future classic masculine, my matured bottle lasts more than 12 hours if I spray over the same area. I spray at 6am and it is still noticeable at 6pm and smelling wonderful.

It does need a few extra sprays to project, don't think you can spray 4 spritzer each wear and expect good performance all day and then be able to pass a half used bottle to your grandkids.

Possibly avoid in the height of summer because the incense note becomes very strong in the deep drydown and can leave a very deep impression that you may not like in that sort of weather.

Neo Ramaphoko
Neo Ramaphoko

This one is just beautiful, I only use it on occasions

Landonbeckham

Ok here's the deal with this Parfum version:
YES It is more powerful. It is also very annoying in a way that you will get a headache. The dry down on "me" is a super strong powder. I should have said this fragrance is very "powder-ful". In the beginning you will get the original BDC notes, but the dry down is a strong powder and it will annoy you. No offense but it's like one of those old ladies that walks past you type of smell. All though I need/want my fragrances to last long, this isn't the way I like it. Try it and see if it works for you though. On paper it's sweet and powdery, and on your skin it will be that but even more strong.
For me I would stick with the original BDC as it stays consistent smelling all the way to the dry down. This one (Parfum version) just isn't as good truthfully. As a loyal Chanel customer, it's a bit of a letdown. I had very high hopes for this one. Anyway it's not the end of the world, :-)

Cheers!

PaulDJ

Can't make my mind up on this. It's smoother, subtle, classy, sweet and more complex than its brother but I miss the brass sillage and longevity of the EDT. This is a better blend but not sure I'd pick it over the EDT. Going to give it a bit time to properly digest but I don't think it has the same power as the original. I have had all Chanel scents and feel that this is maybe the most under powered of the lot, although a really nice scent.

Onria
Onria

Such a love/hate relationship with this frag, I tested once and loved it, I tested twice and despised it, then I test a 3rd time and bought immediately!
I lovely blended scent, great quality and longevity, sillage is somewhat lacking, but I still love this scent.
Quality quality quality from Chanel! nothing but!

Felipe Peixoto
Felipe Peixoto

I have a full bottle of the EDT and got a decant of the EDP recently. Love them both. However, EDP is sweeter, sexier and more appropriate for nightime occasions. Sillage was OK for an EDP. People around me could get a whiff of it even after 7 hours. Longevity on my skin was insane! Something around 12 hours.

Jeff Nelson
Jeff Nelson

Bought this version on accident thinking I was getting what's sold everywhere. Really glad that I have this version. It's less obnoxious than the EDT and more suited to my age.

sydoh

Imo richer and more masculine than the edt. That's the smell of a boss. Dry down stays with rich notes. silage and longevity moster. Don’t now what peeps with negative reviews actually bought. Love it#Signature.

Mr Cornells
Mr Cornells

Still can't get over this compliment-getter of a cologne! Two weeks ago, circa 24th July, a (married) lady at work caught a whiff of Bleu De Chanel EDP (several minutes after leaving my office) and complimented me some days later.
Today, she remarked that I'm not wearing the Chanel cologne. I told her "No. I'm rocking Supreme Oud (by Ralph Lauren) at the moment!". Well, she's seemingly nuts over this cologne. I've recommended Bleu De Chanel for her. I feel it could be rocked by ladies who love woody aromatic scents laced with refreshingly ambery-citrusy notes!
Impressive longevity, projection and sillage!

jmray93
jmray93

The edp is more subtle. Definitely not better than the edt. This became a skin scent way too quick. Scent: 8/10 Silage: 6/10 Longevity: 4/10 (for the price) Price: 5/10 Projection: 5/10 ..... Unfortunately a pass for me. Edt version is still #1

Peagram_82
Peagram_82

For me, the EDT is still the champion. More versitile. More easy to wear. This is a very good perfume. Very good. So the bar is set very high by its little baby EDT brother.

I cannot wear this in the hot and dry air of Jordan during the summer. For me, a late fall/winter sent. During which it remains versitile. Great for work and for an evening out. Great in casuals, perhaps even better for smart casual/suited and booted.

Projection: 7/10
Duration: 8/10
Impact (how I feel when wearing): 9/10

Now the impact is what Chanel is about. It was pointless of me to try and compare this to the EDT. Because it has its own scent with its own character. It feels very unique, very clean and intresting. The scent keeps me intrested.

Unlike others who claim people complement them all the time, I would rather draw upon a more systematic analysis with a blind test. This gets my better-half approval. Approval ratings at work ranged from 7-9/10. Not even a 6! Most guys said they would consider using it. Most women said they would like their better-halfs to try it too. Some really, really liked it (due to insence note). This for some did engage a strong reaction. At the perfume shop, five female assisstants gave 7-10/10 as well.

As a conslusion, I really like it. Worn it at work, worn it in the evening. I would buy this again. It's hard not to like it.

Simurgh24
Simurgh24

Incredible fragrance. I have both Bleu de Channel and Allure Homme Sport and I have to say this is so much better than AHS. It's got the same chanel citrus vibe but it's richer and more classy.

Citrus, Incense, and Vetiver is an awesome trio and it comes out in this cologne. Definitely one of my favorites.

lordjohnknows
lordjohnknows

I have been a big fan of bleu de Chanel EDT since its first released (my signature) and I was very excited when I heard Chanel launched its EDP version as its 'enhanced' version. However, I got extremely disappointed with the projection/sillage. in my opinion, this is the much much inferior version of bleu de Chanel. I kinda like it though when I first smell it, it smells like this mysterious mature guy who doesn't like to show off and kinda reserved in nature. however, after about 1hr I cant smell it anymore! I have to literally smell the skin where I sprayed on to smell it! the scent is nice but projection/sillage is super weak almost nothing. this is the part which turn me off. I believe one of the most important reasons why we want to use a perfume is to smell nice, if a perfume barely smells anything (weak projection) in less than an hour then I think it has lost its functionality, meaning wearing or not wearing it u just smell the same. And honestly, I believe the EDT has much better smell than this. this is just not for me and I'm going to sell this at a loss.

rer227
rer227

Modern elegance in a bottle. I absolutely adore the edt version, so I was curious to see what the difference would be. At first, EDP is sweeter, not as strong out the gate as its older brother, a bit powdery, woodsy, and a touch smoky. Yes citrus is prominent but not heavy handed. As this dries down, the citrus exits stage left and the rest of notes I listed come front and center. This smells a bit like ck contradiction to me, a fragrance that I love, which is nowhere near as well rounded and luxurious EDP.
This sits closer to the skin than the edt but lasts and lasts, you absolutely HAVE to see how this smells on your clothes the next day. It is incredibly versatile, office? Check. All seasons? Check ( I live in a colder climate so I've had a sampling of various temp ranges) Night out? Check. Great scent that will make your loved one get closer? Check. I could honestly wear this every day, if I didn't have so many other fragrances to wear.
Chanel for me is the best designer fragrance house. There is something for everyone, the price point for the quality received is undeniable, and each of their fragrances makes a statement. EDP is another winner, and I have zero doubt the edt is as well. Go out, put some on and indulge yourself

lister
lister

I compared both on my skin.(Decubital area;summer season.)

For EDT- Longevity 6-8 hours.Stays fresh at 6 hours after application, incensy and resinous,patchouli and sandalwood are still there.

As for EDP,silage is good,but it's difficult to say that it's better than EDT,longevity: 4-6 hours.Drydown is linear,smoky-sweet with woodsy background,close to the skin;you really have to rub your skin and smell it in order to revive the drydown.

Both EDT and EDP are bought at Macy's.
My suggestion- go for EDT.

Danceswithscent
Danceswithscent

This one is missing the mark for me. On my skin it is all incense and vetiver, with the incense being dominant player. Doesn't seem to project much but lasts a long time. Really not great with my skin. A pass for me.

chillzz1230
chillzz1230

Oh this is so much better than the EDT. I absolutely love it.

A second review. . .

Nothing tops the review right below, this sums it up completely.

But, I have been trying to put my finger on my recent infatuation with this scent. I believe I have it.

This scent is like walking into a room of awesome smelling people, Oscars, premiere Broadway show, etc. You smell all of the wonderful smells mixed with some hair products and it just smells SOOO good. You can't nail independent notes in the crowd, but you love the effect. To me this is THAT exact smell. You are the "crowd" of good smelling people, just you. Now some may say this is a mixed up chemical mess, perhaps, but I love the mixed up chemical mess whatever it is. I get a little different "effect" everytime I wear this and I dig it the most!

olfactorium
olfactorium

I suppose we can debate the merits of Bleu de Chanel Eau de Parfum until we are all “bleu” in the face and nothing will be resolved; nonetheless, I am here to tell you that Chanel does not make junk. This company is a worldwide phenomenon and the owners, the Wertheimer brothers, have 6.3 billion reasons to maintain fastidious control over the quality and distribution of their products. Wearing Chanel fragrance, like wearing Chanel couture, is a mantle of discovery with many layers, often as incomprehensible as it is playful and alluring. That is called Chanel mystique. You either get it or you don’t. Whether this is due to Mr. Polge’s efforts alone or some other factors I can’t say, but it would be hard for anyone to believe that he could be creating fragrance after fragrance for more than thirty years if he did not possess a devilishly extraordinary (and monetarily successful) nose.

If you think back to the origins of Chanel, you may remember that Coco Chanel not only freed women from corsetry, but made an art of mocking the very Edwardian prudes she converted, ladies who formerly rejected her in society until she made them all want to wear her little gray and navy uniforms. Decades later, when the Chanel look became dated, creative director, Karl Lagerfeld (who understood her divine contempt), was hired to revive the brand by producing unexpected, masterfully crafted, incomprehensible couture and the name “Chanel” once again ascended the worldwide stage. Chanel is God. Chanel is Satan. Chanel is all the good and bad in all of us, and some of us hate it and others love, love, love it. But if you think you are laughing at Chanel, please know there is a lot of cackling going on at 31 Rue Cambon, all the way to the Banque de France.

Bleu de Chanel EDP is subject to all of the above. You must pay the price to wear it, and wearing it is like wearing the whole history of the company with all of its strange idiosyncrasies and eccentricities. Attempts to diminish Bleu de Chanel EDP by saying it smells like deodorant or some amalgam of chemicals are just naïve. Chanel pulled all its fragrances from drugstore shelves in the 1970’s to increase its luster and exclusivity. Beyond this, Chanel marketer Jean Hoene has been quoted as saying “We introduce a new fragrance every ten years, not every three minutes.” It’s hard to imagine, with so much restraint and guile attributed to this brand, the House of Chanel would take the low road by releasing a trash fragrance. Such a premise would be a non-sequitur anywhere those interlocking letters appear under license.

There is no tidy way to describe Bleu de Chanel EDP, just as there is no tidy way to sum up the influence of Chanel on fashion. The notes taken together seem to create something abstract or quixotic and the “professional” sample sniffers who promote enthusiasm for long extinct fragrances that have become fetid with the years and can only be purchased second hand are not qualified to critique Bleu de Chanel EDP, which is, in my opinion, pure modern luxury. There will never be another (1981) Chanel Antaeus, but there is good stuff in this flask. For example, if you bother to read the discreet embossing on the back of the box you will see that Bleu de Chanel EDP contains among its components extract of evernia prunastri or oakmoss (not listed in the pyramid above). Now restricted by IFRA, you will have to go far to find a comparably priced, recent release that contains the complex woody aroma of natural oakmoss. That’s just one of this deep blue bottle's little secrets.

Occasionally, I will write a negative review, but I haven’t made a life’s work out of it. I would rather write about things which give me pleasure. The true irony here is that the “chemists”, on the other hand, are often so intent on lampooning certain molecules they hate that they fail to recognize some of the better attars because their assumptions and egoism get in the way. However, if you keep an open mind (and you have established the funding) there are many things in life which hold delight: I believe Bleu de Chanel EDP is not only one of them, but can‘t be anything less.

eric.jorgenson.777
eric.jorgenson.777

Just got my nose on it for the first time today its a sharper more crisp verison of the EDT. I think it smells fantastic, not sure why its getting so much hate on here. Oh thats right the EDT got alot of blind hate as well when it came out and now everyone and their dad wears it.

jacked 24/7
jacked 24/7

When I wear this, I feel like I'm standing on a mountain bouncing my pecs in the breeze like broseidon.

SNOOPY
SNOOPY

I like it much better than the edt.
Amber note really compliments it.
Wasnt too crazy about the edt at all but the drydown here is much better.
A bonus about new fragrances is that we need not worry about the dreaded reformulation.

The EDP is really dark. Too heavy on woods. Certainly for nights, or colder days. Not a product for the younger audience. Ideally suitable for well-off men.

Maxvonembs

Bleu de Chanel EDP opens with a vintage powerhouse fragrance vibe (think Antaeus, Fahrenheit, etc), with a modern and brilliant effect. You get an immediate punch of well blended topnotes and a wiff of whats to come later. Some say that it starts with heavy Grapefruit (not to my nose), Citrus, yes especially the rind oil of lemon mixed with ginger.

About 45 minutes in the magic begins. The Jasmine and Oakmoss are addictive in the drydown.

Why Oakmoss (real oakmoss) is not listed above is a massive mistake, because it is listed on the box of the product. I have a recent 150ml edp from France and a 100ml edp from the USA. They are identical in all ways.

This fragrance continues to amaze me, it is simply fantastic and it is NOT generic. Everyone who smells it loves it. Breaking the notes down is not easy, the blend is very tight. The aromatic quality reminds me somewhat of NEMO, but not entirely.

The parfum version of this fragrance is so exquisite and the magic is in the middle and drydown. I have the EDT batch# 8516 and the EDP batch# 8703. While I like both of them, and they share similarities, they are totally different scents IMO. The edt finishes with most of the same notes intact that it started with, which will stay locked into fabric very well. The edp evolves into a sensual and unisex lust bomb, in fact I LOVE it! In the middle and drydown, I get little hints of many fragrances past all rolled into one, it's like a little olfactory mind trip and it is addictive. in the EDP, the Labdanum, Jasmine and Mint are more noticeable. So is Bleu De Chanel a panty dropper(what a tacky statement)?, No they just show up with their panties in their hand, fully nude under a vintage Burberry trench at your back door! LOL.

IMO, Bleu de Chanel EDP is a modern masterpiece.

Scent Quality 9.5/10
Longevity 7/10
Projection 6/10

I easily become ANOSMIC to both the EDT and EDP versions. While others around me sneeze and point me to the wash room for decontamination, I walk around wondering what the problem is sniffing my wrists for a hint of scent that is gagging everyone else. This fragrance is tricky like this, much more than any others I own. Rest assured though, you do smell good, very good!

Buy this fragrance now if you like it, ultimately it will be modified or discontinued.

champykilo
champykilo

Calm down people Both version has a purpose. Edt is more versatile than edp. Edp is more mature than edt. So can wear it when going to a nice events around matured people. Young girls to middle age love the edt edp is more loved by matured women because powdery and more smoother than edt. So u can own both of them if u r a Bleu de Chanel fan

duzmantic
duzmantic

People are expecting this EDP to do what the original does but x2.

An extrait is not supposed to be a projection monster. It's meant to have depth, be richer, sit closer to the skin and last longer. This is exactly what this fragrances does, just like Terre d'Hermes Parfum.

I love it and I think it does warrant you to have both the EDT and EDP.

Landonbeckham

The truth about this "parfum" version of Bleu on "my" skin is weaker and more of a powdery, sweeter smell when the scent settles. This is not even close to the Original Bleu as it settles, not even on a card. I think if they gave it it's own name as a new fragrance it would have benefitted the company. But to call it Bleu De Chanel "parfum" version, it's not even close to the original. It starts out like the original Bleu for 2 minutes then the Amber kicks in and then goes into a sweet powder. Not good for me as I want something women love and something more manly. I gave it a true chance but it's not that great for "me". On "my" skin the original Bleu is much more stronger, masculine, fresh, and settles into an amazing smell that everyone enjoys. It's a real gem!
So for some, the Parfum version may be better, and others like myself the original Bleu is better. I'm telling you most likely the original you will choose over this.
Keep in mind that just because it says "parfum" that it doesn't mean it's stronger or lasts longer. Trust me on this. If you have oily skin like most men what do you think happens to the fragrance that you put on that has more oil in it? It dilute's and wipes the scent right out! Oil on oil means washed out. Don't listen to those sales people who really know nothing about oils/chemistry and the make of the fragrance, and who are taught to make an extra $20 on a "parfum" version.
I wanted this version to work, but it just didn't.

So for "me" the original Chanel Bleu by far better! It's the Original. Originals are always the way to go!

Stay thirsty my friends :-)

Barristan Selmy
Barristan Selmy

Its a classic Fragrance , reminiscent of Fahrenheit but with more depth , maturity and masculinity .
this was a blind buy for me , because the EDT version , albeit was nice yet the silage and longevity were poor , I picked this up in a heartbeat , its perfect for night time , or a date , it certainly is not for day time although i wear it to the office and get a ton of compliments .

The longevity is amazing just like its the case with EDP versions but : IT STAYS CLOSE TO THE SKIN which is to say that only your girlfriend will be able to smell you when she puts her head on your shoulder .

ALL in ALL its a MUST HAVE in any classy man's collection .

jotalopez

Flankers tend to be a poor version of the original creations regardless of whether it is an intense or extreme edition. Chanel Bleu EDT is by far much better than the EDP edition. Although both have identical DNA, the EDT is fresher and more wearable than EDP. The incense-grapefruit-mint combo of EDT is a masterpiece. In my opinion, the original BLEU and Allure pour homme Edition Blanche are the jewel in the crown of Chanel's men fragrances.

bizzybazza
bizzybazza

this is a gorgeously sexy scent full of masculinity with a grapefruity amber oriental heaven.

sillage is not great neither is longevity but up close mmmmm the dry down is orgasmic

another permanent resident in my wardrobe but next maybe try the EDT said to have a wee bit more projection

this scent gives me headache if i over apply but its worth the pain to smell gorgeous

weaselize
weaselize

saying that you don,t like this scent or even hate it that,s ok; it,s just your opinion, i,m not a fan either. Saying that niche makes you look never again to designers because they,re crap.... that,s ignorance. Fact is that many designer fragrances make many expensive niche fragrances look like a joke.
Some common examples are, Dior, guerlain, Hermés,... and yes, even chanel....

trmjkd989

"But wait, why is it at Macy's and why is it only $90 for a 1.7oz? "

What...?

"Seems like when designer fragrances come on the market the intended reaction is to market to label minded freaks who don't know any better."

Says the guy posing with a Creed bottle.

"Once you go niche, and never look at designers the same way again."

I can understand people not liking a fragrance, but your review is just pure niche snobbery. You're either a really good troll or one hilarious individual.

rahul_prasher
rahul_prasher

At first spray you experience sharp grapefruit and a sweet, honey like aroma. The sweet citrus notes then dissipate and you're left with a fresh dose of mint and ginger. Very fresh and spicy. After you're left with this dark, dry and crisp base sweet or spicy but you want more.

Sillage: 6/10

fresh_scents
fresh_scents

The more intense version of the original, AND I LOVE IT! One or two sprays will do for the warm weather months.

Fabien77
Fabien77

No one talks about the oakmoss, but nevertheless, it is here. It is also described in ins formula composition, in the package. Even if it is very balmy, I imagine that the slight soap vibe is related to the oakmoss, which I can still feel it on my shirts even after being washed.

ilovedior
ilovedior

Elegant fragrance, lasts for days on clothes, for more than 10 hours on skin (but close to skin).
Poor sillage i think. Until now, I didn't receive compliments!!!
I don't care, I like how it smells.

NickZee

Chanel Bleu transitions from a fresh opening to a brooding sandalwood, incense and vetiver fragrance. It is a modern masculine, paying tribute to the current preference for freshness, but then moving into decidedly masculine territory, reimagined. It's brooding nature is fully unmasked on a hot day, when the sandalwood, vetiver and incense smoulder and begin to project forcefully off the skin. At that point, this fragrance is no longer playing mr nice guy. This effect is still there when you are indoors or on a cold day, but these brooding heavy notes cannot leave the skin as easily without heat, leaving you to believe this fragrance is the same welcoming, friendly liquid you splashed on in the morning. Only the heavy Amber in the base is keeping things civil at the end.

The initial burst of grapefruit, ginger, mint and lemon is wonderful and lasts a good amount of time. It is a predictable but high quality freshness and will have people around you swooning while it is doing its work.

Overall, brilliant. But be prepared to know it's dark side if you decide to make this a regular in your rotation.

francisnatanaell
francisnatanaell

I want this Tough Guy 150 Ml, looking forward to get the money hope i could it be soon, edp must be even better than the original.

vitolezio
vitolezio

Well I am not a specialist but I do love colognes. I was planning to buy bleu de chanel EDT then today beforehand I went to the shop to compare both EDT and EDP.
well in my opnion EDP is a lot smoother than the EDT version which is shaper also I think EDP version is more pleasant.

DaisyChain90
DaisyChain90

I brought this for my husband recently and I really enjoy the fragrance. It smells a million times better on skin rather than on a bloter in the shops. It's the perfect gentlemanly smell and a great all rounder, it's a love for me!

bonovox
bonovox

Liked it better than the original for sure. Just something that was a little more mature and classy about the EDP. At first blush, or scent, there really isn't that much of a difference between the EDT and the EDP. There are a few notes that are deeper, more pronounced. Despite what a lot of people smell obviously by The listing here is citrus.

I get that, but I don't think many people are patient enough or are spraying it on their skin and waiting long enough to see what it does. Because after a small experiment where I sprayed three different fragrances and then asked three different women what they thought I got completely different answers from the first five minutes to three hours later. This one came in as very likable, very close to the skin but still projecting, but richer than the EDT. It still versatile, it still can be worn from age 21 to 45 in a suit or in class. It just isn't very original I guess for Chanel. I like it, but I won't spend $92 on it. But I sure hope people give it a chance to smell some incense and sandalwood beyond the citrus. My two cents, which is why I'm a fan but not a buyer.

sunny320
sunny320

smells 8/10
Projection 7/10
Longevity 8/10

edge42

I'm prepared to eat my words on this one... I've done a complete 180 from the first time I smelled it!

Wasn't impressed initially, but now after wearing my sample about 5 times I not only prefer it to the EDT for it's maturity and smoothness - I had to have a bottle. And by bottle I mean the largest 150ml size they sell because I know I'm going to wear this one A LOT. (Apparently the 150ml bottle is limited edition, and the extra 50ml was very little additional cost = no brainer.)

Pros: The same Swiss Army Knife versatility and masterful blending as the original. Smoother and less ostentatious than the original.

Cons: Not ostentatious enough for some.

döfä91
döfä91

This is much more thicker, deeper, smoother and softer variation of Bleu de Chanel than EDT, the most describing adjective is imo more SENSUAL - more quiet and lacks the sharp edges of the EDT . It's a very nice variation and can be worn at the same time with the EDT. I get more woodiness and amber than EDT and maybe some tonka (?) as well. The longevity is slightly better than in the EDT but projection and sillage are like typical for an EDP, toned down, this works closer to skin.
The relation and idea between Bleu EDT and EDP is comparable with Allure Homme Sport EDT and AHS Eau Extreme.

I like the idea of owning both EDT and EDP of Bleu, because they both smell really gorgeus but work in a different way - one can choose to wear whichever suits more to the specific time, place, situation and the mood of the wearer, or even wear they both at the same time - both receive full 5 stars for me and I count them to the masterpieces of Jaques Polge, the perfumer.

The 150 ml bottle can be bought for about 100 euros, likewise Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme. Any other bottle size is overpriced if you calculate the price/ML ratio, this applies to fragrances in general of course, but especially to Chanel ones.

ArkangeL

When I think incense, Comme des Garcons, Tom Ford (Sahara Noir), Armani's Bois d'Encens, Akkad by Lubin and Black Amber by Agonist comes to mind. I was hoping all of the notes in a higher concentration would stand out more. If you're getting incense and vetiver, you must have the perfect chemistry. Or perhaps we're talking about the same incense in Prada Infusion d'Homme?

trmjkd989

Odd. This thing is an incense/vetiver bomb on my skin (like the original) during the dry-down and I get tons of amber in the mids. Must be a case of differing skin-types. /shrug

ArkangeL

Chanel intended for Bleu to be masculine. Dior however, intended for Dior Homme to be based around Iris and leather and it was well executed. Chanel creates an Eau de Parfum that smells like an Eau de Toilette, yet the incense and vetiver are still not present. I'm not anosmic to amber, but clearly there's none here. As I stated, this is not a terrible fragrance... but it's nothing new and groundbreaking. So, I'm blasting Chanel for lacking creativity.

trmjkd989

What... you're blasting BdC EDP for lacking "masculinity" but then pump up Dior Homme Intense? Look... I love DHI as well, but that's some backwards logic right there as DHI is as feminine as one can get.

Samir,
Bleu Eau de Parfum is not only in an entirely different olfactory group, but inferior to Dior Homme Intense. Bleu de Chanel Eau de Toilette & EDP are stereo typical mass market launches that lack personality. Overdone citrus notes and not enough masculinity, although I prefer the Eau de Parfum. If Dior claims to use an incense or amber note, it will not go undetected. Bleu EDP is not a terrible fragrance, but it is very safe. I had higher expectations from the house of Chanel, launching their very first Eau de Parfum for men.

JKCMUTCH
JKCMUTCH

The reviews for Bleu EDP are about about 50/50, in terms of those who love and hate this fragrance. It's clear that the haters are avid supporters of the EDT, and that's totally fine. They prefer the heavy projection and thick veil of seductive smokiness that the original Bleu radiates. I'll have to respectfully disagree with these people. Although the EDT is a great fragrance, I feel that this new EDP has improved upon what the original had left to be desired.

Let's start with the scent. Bear with me here, as I'm not too good at picking out individual notes in a fragrance. The opening is a pleasant burst of citrus and amber, with a splash of mint and woods. The EDT always left me with an off-putting synthetic note during the opening. This version eliminates that entirely, making it much smoother around the edges. After about ten minutes, the citrus notes take a step down from the top of proverbial pyramid, and offer the incense and amber a chance to dominate the composition. For the next several hours, the cedar and vetiver will stand atop the mountain of fragrance notes, with amber and incense rooted firmly next to them. Then, for the remainder of this parfum's existence, you will detect a fleeting woody smokiness that will have you sniffing your wrists like a maniac. It's seductive, masculine, and most importantly, pleasant. Truly a thing of beauty.

The projection is surprisingly toned down from the original - which I absolutely love. One of things I didn't like about the EDT was its monster sillage. Of the many, many times I'd caught a whiff of Bleu as a stranger walked past, they were usually quite a distance away. Some people like that, but I prefer to have a scent radiate within arm length. So if you're like me, and don't want a fragrance to fill a room, this would be great alternative to the original formulation.

It should go without saying that the longevity is insane. The EDT lasted a good 9 hours on my skin, so it would only make sense that a parfum would remain attached to the skin even longer. And that's exactly what it does. The longest I was able to detect this juice was for over 13 hours. I'm not making that up. You'll definitely get your money's worth if you decide to buy this parfum.

Overall, I adore this version of Bleu. It's lighter without being too soft, yet deep without being too powerful. This is a fantastic reformulation, and I'd pick it over the EDT any day. It provides a much-needed update to Bleu, without straying too far from its own identity. If you enjoy the original, but find it to be too cloying or heavy, definitely try out this version. You won't be disappointed.

Projection: 7/10
Versatility: 7/10 (same as the original)
Overall: 8/10

samir syed bangash
samir syed bangash

please tell me which one is good bleu d chanel or dior homme intense????

Insomnia51
Insomnia51

The EDT version was a Rough Draft with a Harsh opening, and inconsistent dry down scent. The EDP version is a Masterpiece. It's refined with more Depth. It's smoother, sweeter, and less Harsh. I've gotten more compliments with the EDP than EDT despite their similarites.

brandonR
brandonR

A hollow, flat and overall boring experience that leaves one reaching back for the original in the worst way imaginable. In no way does this generic offering come anywhere remotely close to that of an EDP strength, or even that of the original EDT that has so much more layered and character driven dimension than this Kirk Cameron of a fragrance. Consider the EDP version of Bleu a glorified reformulation of the original scent 50 years from now. Chanel EDP, in the words of Jim Carrey, "You are one pathetic loser".

That_John_Guy
That_John_Guy

This EDP really struck me as a kind of time-delay version of the EDT. The familiar notes were present, but the progression unfurled much slower. In that way I think the EDP is more mature, more patient than the EDT. First, there isn't the familiar super blast of grapefruit right away; however, where the grapefruit, lemony citrus fades faster in the EDT, I can smell an incense-y grapefruit hours later with the EDP. Likewise, where the peppery nutmeg and spice starts in less than an hour in the EDT, it takes a couple hours to really develop here.

I think both the EDT and EDP are great, but offer real different experiences. The EDT is more aggressive (still refined) and a little more predictable. Probably more of a people pleaser. The EDP is more reserved (though not with less projection) and more sophisticated. The time release factor of the EDP seems to make it a little less predictable. As the notes unfold, you get more interplay, more combinations, more non-linearity. As such, you might know right where the EDT will be after 3 hours, but the EDP is more of a guess as to what it will be showing, though it is all good. Certainly more complex. The EDP is definitely more long lasting on me, 7+ hours and still going strong.

As to which is "better" it will probably be a matter of opinion and taste. We're already familiar with and love the EDT, so the differences in the EDP might not be appreciated by some. It is like comparing the Theatrical version of a movie to the Extended Director's Cut of the same film. One might prefer the Theatrical version for having a nice pace, think the Director's Cut unnecessarily makes things slower and longer, and be glad that the Theatrical version left a lot of footage on the cutting room floor. Plus, they saw the Theatrical version first. Another might think the Theatrical version is good, but prefer the Extended Director's Cut for putting in more nuance, more character interaction and background, and be okay with a slower pace to the action. Some Extended Director's Cuts are better, some are worse, and some are equally as good, just different.

I think the EDT probably gears towards a younger guy or someone who wants to just reliably smell good. The EDT has a little more vigor in it. I'd think the EDP probably slants more towards the mature who is a connoisseur looking for even less linearity. It isn't an EDP that one should go for looking for an in-your-face sillage, but is reserved, without being weak. Either way, I am biased since I think both are masterpieces of their price point and fit their roles really nicely.

perfumelover87
perfumelover87

My absolute favorite cologne. I get over 8 hours on my skin with each wear which is good enough for me. Projection wise, it's decent and not overpowering. I will be looking forward to repurchase this when my bottle run dry :)

marto96
marto96

Inlove with this fragrance! Extremly long lasting, good for every ocassion. Try it!

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

I'm with arsenal01 on BdC EDP - let's get real here people, this is a Chanel, it's designer grade, but in terms of quality you're not going to find anything better than this fragrance at Macy's, that's for sure. I actually think this smells fresher than the EDT, with a better balance between the ginger and the citrus, and a more supple use of labdanum and incense. Is it perfect? Probably not, but for $100 you're getting a worthy product that no, does NOT smell like every other "fresh" frag ever made. The EDT is a bit synthetic and almost like a glorified deodorant. Not so the EDP.

TheMan McEssien

Thanks a lot bobochu, GRAF and SeaBrown. I will definitely be getting it. I have been given a 5ml vial and really love. A seemingly sexy, sweet and succulent summer cologne!

seabrown
seabrown

Highly recommend, could be worn day or night, for many occasions.

GRAF
GRAF

The Bleu de Chanel Eau de Parfum, is much-much better, smoother than the EDT version that I have. More delicate, well mixed, more refined, without the sudden abrupt brutal citrus burst -more classy, quality- balanced, more yummy and 100% masculine of course. One of the best summer-spring scents out there. The only problem about it, is the longevity. I think 5-6 hours is OK for a good EDT but NOT for EDP. Nevertheless I like it, its the very first summer scent I fell in love even though it's overpriced (for longevity reasons).

I do not get any jasmin, nutmeg, cedar, pink pepper, labdanum at all.

The sillage is heavy and the longevity moderate. A versatile scent for every day use in spring and summer, day and night, for a wide range of ages. Generally a very good summer scent. I regret for buying the EDT version, they are similar but different, EDP is more complex. And it reminds me a little the Guerlain Homme Intense Guerlain especially when it dries out. This is what you need for summer!

bobochu
bobochu

TheMan McEssien: Because this is a woody citrus aromatic, it is pleasant enough to wear in the day but with enough lasting power and village to be good for night.

TheMan McEssien

Please guys, I need to satisfy my "curiosity". Is this cologne formulated for postmeridian/evening periods? Is it a cologne I could to office (in the morning)?

trmjkd989

I used to own the original BdC but ended up giving it away due to it giving me a headache at times. I loved the fragrance, but I just couldn't handle it. So I ended up trying out the EDP version and immediately fell in love.

It's like if you took the original BdC and smoothed out the sharp edges, you'll get the EDP version. I really, really enjoy this fragrance. Not only that, but lasts for a very, very long time.

[email protected]@r
C@nn@r

Just smelled this at Dillards. I got a small carded sample and will edit review when I've tested it more. Off the bat I like it much better then edt. The strange metallic pungent synthetic note from edt is gone (Incense/ginger/mint combo). The edp is much smoother, deeper, woodier, and warmer without the metallic coldness of the original. However, the asking price is a bit too much!! At $90 bucks I will look other places for a more exciting scent.

keatm49
keatm49

I've tried both the edt and edp the edp lasted about two more hours on my skin and was a slightly stronger more enjoyable scent

thepro25
thepro25

Impeccable fragrance.

jotalopez

Great frag! Same DNA of the EDT with a more vibrant and soapy opening. The grapefruit-mint-incense combo makes this juice a sparkling and invigorating tonic. Bleu EDP is hands down a must buy!

manojkumar540
manojkumar540

It simply stands the best till date among those i have tried and will remain the best. worth a trial to fall in love with it.

thegreat787
thegreat787

I have to admit, this frag in EDP is the best and loved it. I tested at least few time EDT and EDP, EDP smell way better and stay long time on my skin.

I am not sure why many saying bad about this EDP.
I just understand we have all our taste and we cannot be agreed.

MY opinion EDP Bleu De Chanel is real Chap within type of fragrances.

T_I_AM
T_I_AM

Extraordinary notes, filled with lightness, decadence and desire. I always feel uplifted, when I wear it (usually during the day). It is invigorating and vibrant but not too muscular or robust.

siraog
siraog

I was searching for a new perfume. I found the EDT version of this. I was going to buy it but when I checked here I learned that EDP version has released. I tested both of them in store and this was better then the EDT. I just sprayed it 4 times and after 3 hours when I sniffed the smell was great. People turn their faces to you and smell it. It's a great buy in my opinion.

Antares811
Antares811

Very similar to the EDT, this EDP is more powerful, lasts longer, in my opinion this is one of the best male scents ever smelt in my life.
Absolutely elegant and masculine.
Highly recommended.

arsenal01
arsenal01

I wonder how many of these reviews will get edited after they realised that this is a great frag (just like the EDT) some of you reviwers really are sad. No one cares is a frag doesnt paint a picture for you...its to smell nice, not to take you away on a magical journey where virgin girls spritz aventus on you while baby angels poop nutella into a jar.

EPD smells amazing, lasts 10+hrs on my skin and will be a bigger compliment getter than the original

keyvan1
keyvan1

من این ادکلن رو خریدم واقعا بی نظیره حرف نداره.
بوش بسیار ملایم و خنک هست و البته با کلاس
اصلا پشیمون نیستم از خریدش
کلی ادکلن رو من تست کردم این شنل رو که بدون تست خریدم از همه بهتر دراومد
به پول زیادی که دادم واقعا می ارزه
فقط دوستانی که می خوان بخرن از جای مطمئن تهیه کنن که اصل باشه

Edee
Edee

Can women wear this fragrance. I love the smell of this. Ok don't get mad, but I think this would be great for women too.

mistershashi
mistershashi

I'm surprised by the reviews of Bleu, both the EDT and EDP. On release, the reviews, overall, for the EDT were: Chanel Bleu - its generic, underwhelming, and at best the good side of average.

Then as time went by I noticed a softening in the reviews; perhaps they were a backlash against the first tranche of less generous reviews - who knows? So, I wonder whether with the sometimes scathing EDP's first reviews, it's another case of deja vu all over again.

I've tried both. The EDT is a good fragrance that won't offend anyone, and works for all weathers and occasions. And the EDT? Even more so. It's not disimilar, just more elegant, slightly "darker", smoother. I'm in my forties, and to be honest I like the EDT - not too shabby at all, but the EDP is perfection. Both the EDT and EDP can really be worn by anyone 20s and above.

On my skin the EDP lasts longer than I thought on first use. Initially, like some reviewers, I thought the scent disappeared after only four hours or so. Then recently I was in a room for a few minutes, then walked out the room to return a few minutes later, and guess what? I could smell its gentle bloom: subtle but definitely there - no question. And this was a good five hours later. So don't be deceived by first impressions. Yes, you might not be able to smell the EDP on yourself anymore, but trust me, other will.

A beautiful fragrance, a masterpiece in my view.
The EDP will be my "go to" fragrance, and will remain a mainstay in my small collection. Recommended. Highly.

onlymynoseknows
onlymynoseknows

I really love the EDT but the EDP does not smell masculine to me. In most cases EDP versions are not an improvement compare to the original one.If you are a woman who loves Bleu buy this one. It has a sweet feminine touch so you get along with it eventhough it's purposed for men.

It's not a bad fragrance, but my point of reference is the EDT and that smells way better than this one.

fuggerone
fuggerone

this not a perfume, this is just a cheap flanker cashing in on the success of the original juice, the edt is much better the citrusy opening here is completely flattened by the plasticky woody/amber drydown of infamous spicebomb kind of vibe.. shoulda been named Bleu Eau de Rip Off... shame on you Chanel for selling out so blatantly!

alessio l
alessio l

My grandmother unfortunately buy this instead the EDT.

Shame on you Chanel bad quality, doesen't project, absolutely not a EDP quality.

Bad, bad, bad gift.

scenturian
scenturian

Somehow reminds original, but eventually it is different.
I expected would be edp of the original.
My opinion is that edt is better.

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

I know the anticipation surrounding this release is large, then I'm sorry the little review.
But it has not much to say, Bleu Parfum is an intensified version of EDT with slight nuances of amber and musk, disappeared some of that grape fruity touch is more incensed perhaps and the drying appears a amber scent giving the sweet aspect almost resinous and comfortable with musk is briefly this, got better, a little more powerful, slightly sweeter and more lasting.

fragrancefan1987
fragrancefan1987

This fragrance is delightful, in my opinion it's a mature take on the Toilette version which holds it's fruity notes for a longer amount of time than this parfum version.

The parfum begins with the same citrus notes however it quickly subsides into a woody, amber, musky smell that is really pleasing to the nose.

I recommend this as more of a date scent however it can also be worn if you want to feel confident, perhaps for a big meeting or pitch at work.

NoirEternal
NoirEternal

one must realize when concentrations change so do fragrance.... not entirely different but each different concentration (cologne spray, eau de toilette, Eau de Parfum, Extrait de Parfum) focus on different layers the higher you go to provide a clearer vibration of the fragrance

does this mean you're going to like love it? by all means no, the next concentration may tone down what you loved in the original by emphasizing on more base notes to make it fuller or it may come off too harse (also look into how you spray it also many guys may not be use to EDP in general)

and also fragrance is personal to your taste if you don't like it don't blame the masses for their thrill and enjoyment of a fragrance or expect to be wowed... you would come off as a prissy premodonna

as for this scent I like it but not for me, probably enjoy smelling it on others, if Chanel releases it in extrait de Parfum concentration I'll probably get it to wear every now and then or to have as a keepsack

1welshdevil
1welshdevil

Don't get the appeal at all, went in with hopes of it, came away with a bottle of Antaeus, what an absolutely dull and boring, generic fragrance. Why can I not fall in love with Bleu in any of its formats, I wish I could smell what some of you guys are clearly seeing as a masterpiece. Don't get it, 4/10

ION
ION

"Bleu eau de parfum" lacks cleverness.
It is the "nuit" or "intense" interpretation of the original perfume which was inspired (or, at least, this is how I feel it) by the very good 1975's "Captain" by Molyneux. It is well constructed and balanced but, and this is a big "but", quite uninspiring.
The citrus accord always works well in this context, really enhances the fresh woodiness of a composition that smells refined and generic.
There is a common trend of good technique yet lack of individuality everywhere nowadays (especially in art) and "Bleu EDP" is precisely that!
I'd call Ms Polge and the Chanel perfume board to go out and try "Korres - blue sage, lime, fir wood" EDT.
It has all of the "Bleu" spirit but in a more vibrant and surprising way and while it lacks refinement in its drydown (only very slightly), it shows a good amount of inspiration and cleverness, which this one lacks.
"Bleu EDP" unfortunately, fails to convince.
The projection is fairly ok for the first hour and the longevity good (by modern standards).

MrHearst
MrHearst

This scent is perfection. It's subtle but has longevity and enough projection that will definitely attract people around you. The notes are in perfect unison because one doesn't over dominate another, instead there entwine immaculately. I'd say this is an everyday cologne but more ideally as a night fragrance for going out and special occasions since it is Chanel. Would recommend this to any man or woman who's looking for a light festive scent that is satisfying to the nose. ✌☺

Bennett oduro

I love all chanel fragrance .they have good smell n can be wear anytime and everywhere.

alabangcute
alabangcute

I hate to say it but the EDT is better than the EDP. For one thing, the latter is more feminine and girly smelling. I wonder why it is such a popular fragrance. Probably, just like their bags, it's just a name you are buying.

Mrjoserpo
Mrjoserpo

I love Bleu EDT but recently i bought the EDP and now i can't support it makes me sick, today i smell it and makes me puke, i don't see nothing in common with the best and lovely EDT definitely I'm a fan of Bleu EDT it works for me!!

carera
carera

its more smooth .

nonsisa
nonsisa

Stuck somwhere between the 80s and 90s.

Smells like something you want to put on after the gym.

Well...I finally got around to trying it and first impressions are that this eau de parfum version is vastly different from the original to my nose.
That was my first impression from the opening and then it was validated when I got home and tried both EDT & EDP together.

I have to say I'm not the biggest advocate of Bleu anyway, it's alright a perfectly good fragrance, complex well executed just never bleu me away! (Sorry I had to!)
This EDP then...? Well it starts out thicker, denser whatever you want to call it but it's everything I would expect a parfum version to be, in simple terms an amped up version of the original.
The unfortunate thing here is that it's to Bleu's detriment in my opinion. It's not in question that the projection and longevity are miles better than the original but at the cost of subtlety and elegance.

This version starts out uncompromisingly spicy, which comes across as a big combination of ginger, nutmeg & mint but somehow strongly of cardamom too. I know it's not listed among the notes but that's how it comes out to me.
The ginger and mint are larger than life much more so than the EDT.
The drydown is long lasting, and I have to say okay when settled but possess less subtlety and freshness and dare I say it seems a little cheap and reminiscent of lots of other recent releases in that regard.
I should love this...in theory it is just what I like strong spices and a deep base, great longevity etc...but I much prefer the EDT...a fragrance I'm indifferent about.
My appraisal is that the original is lighter, brighter and more nuanced despite lacking the obvious strength compared to this one.
This is not the first time a EDP has disappointed, Terre d'Hermes springs to mind.
I don't know what people are expecting, myself included but If you simply want better performance it's here but at the cost of smelling quite different to the original EDT...worse in my opinion.

Not a bad fragrance but really not a good one either and gives me a whole new appreciation of the EDT.

O2
O2

بلو دو شانيل بارفيوم إصدار مشوه وهزيل وسقطة مدوية لدار شانيل في مجال العطور
وإصدار ماء التزيين التوليت أفضل بفارق شاسع وكبير جداً من البارفيوم الباهت ..

التقييم :
الرائحة ٣/١٠
الثبات ٧/١٠
الفوحان ٤/١٠

gianmarco
gianmarco

The eau de parfum is similar but more complex, a better smell. I first stated that is had bad longevity but I take that back, lasts long, maybe just doesn't project, sillage is not to strong.

Bennett oduro

Chanel 2014 is unbelievable. I really love de smell and good for office wear.

Senzadite

@ Gianmarco your coment is quite xenophobic and very very ignorant, i Live near to the border with the U.S. and had the same experience that the user you tried to insult.Yes México has cartels...but, Who are the main consumers? Be informed maybe you can cure your ignorance that way.

Ivano
Ivano

In short, to me this smells like a blend of Bleu EdT and Allure Homme Sport. It's a good scent with soft projection and good longevity (that's why some people think it has bad longevity, because of very close to skin projection).

In the opening it's almost the same scent as the original, minty citrus that inmediately goes in a different direction than the Eau de Toilette becoming candied by wrapping itself in amber/vanilla. Those are the main notes of a quite linear fragrance, although you can detect a spicy cedarwood/incense undertone mixed with tonka bean (Similar smell but softer than in Homme Sport).

Whereas the EdT is really spicy, aromatic and woody, this one is a sweet and thick citrus fragrance, fresh as well but with a different character, don't expect a gourmand or an oriental Bleu. This is also an all year round fragrance in my opinion.

Gault
Gault

I think this is really differs from the edt, less aggressive.
There is some addictive sourness, stickyness and utterly common in the edt, now thats missing.
Starts with a mandarin note and a blasting tartness, almost unpleasent, but you dont have to worry about that, it quickly settles down into a laidback citrusy vetiver smell.
Took one step from mainstream back to classiness. Honestly this almost smells like a Hermés or Cartier fragrance to me (Terre d'Hermes Eau Tres Fraiche comes to my mind) except that ambergris-like note in the base.
I find this less of a rough-and-ready smell, feels more balanced than the the edt, more airy, nothing jumps out and screams at you. Im pretty sure it wont be as popular as the edt since it misses the superficial and loud bang that typifies most designer fragrances.

drakecito
drakecito

Well, finally I've been able to test properly.

Pufff, this is inconceivable ... It's exactly like the EDT just in the background wearing a sweeter note (amber) and therefore is a little less fresh.
Honestly, I do not understand this release, it is the only thing I think is that is a hit as to spend the money to more fans.

Does it smell bad ?. no
Absurd, irrelevant, generic and too expensive for what it is.

Longevity is similar to EDT and wake, also very similar, even weaker. EDT is that it is a little sweeter, God !!!

Chanel has long since lost its creatively ago, with regard to their fragrances.Right now, live exclusively on their behalf.

Marciu

@jeremy - I've seen your review several times. I have a question about Bleu EDT as I've noticed you own a bottle with EAU DE TOILETTE written beneath BLEU DE CHANEL. Do you think EDT has been reformulated or not?

krisiu
krisiu

It is strange, but after about 45 min it starts to remind me "Trefle Pur" Atelier Cologne (though beginning is similar to first Bleu EDT)

CDGfan
CDGfan

Chanel is making a fool out of their customers by the release of this supposed "EDP" , which is actually weaker and watered down compared to the EDT.

All Chanel Bleu EDP is nothing really but grapefruit accord mixed with some synthetic amber a la 1 million. THE END. There is nothing luxurious about this fragrance, and in fact smells like an Axe spray.

Projection is abysmal.

bixio
bixio

I like both edt is 'more fresh and spicy, while edp is always fresh but with the addition of amber wood edt seems younger while edp more mature masculine and sexy but always modern ..

Franky1122
Franky1122

Finally sample this...What a total letdown. Projection is horrible pretty much a skin scent, longevity wasnt all that great the EDT lasts longer on me. The only positive thing its less synthetic but still the EDT version is way better. Save your money ...

fhr
fhr

Very disappointed with this EDP.Unfortunately because i had big expectations...
I am a big fan of the EDT well balanced an pleasing from head-till-base notes. I do have that in my rotation since issued.
But the ED:P head and middle notes are ok. But what comes after 30 mins I do not wish even for my enemies (good tahat i do not have none :-) )
The base - what unfortunately stays on skin almost for a day and cannot be washed down - is the full chemically smelling artifical ambroxol,in an irritating and non pleasent way.

Belvedere
Belvedere

The Parfum is a warmer and sweeter version of the EDT. If you don't have the EDT you may like this, the initial burst is so so but it drys down very well and lasts a long time. You can get very similar for less but that is true of the EDT also.

ParfumFetiche
ParfumFetiche

Tried this at a mall recently. It smells almost identical to the original EdT except maybe this is a little muskier.

Marciu

On me this goes similar way that Bleu EDT does but it seems to be less harsh and synthetic, sweeter and balmier. There's not much sharpness that edt had. Pepper and frankincense are here but they seem to be hidden behind amber and vanilla. I think it's also a little thicker than EDT.

UPDATE: A test hand in hand with EDT showed me how dull and unnecessary release Bleu de Chanel Eau de Parfum is. Beggining is nice, as I've said, but drydown is a scrubber. Yuck. It smells not even like a perfume, it's Johnson&Johnson's Baby shampoo.

Sillage is low, longevity is around 8-10 hours.

Shame on you Chanel!

If you want Bleu, choose EDT.

@ Gianmarco

Thank You for your concern but Mexico is way above the USA in several matters. You don't think the USA isn't corrupt ?

Back to Chanel. This is from THE Chanel counter I've been buying from for *years. I am friendly with the SA for over 5 years now.

Before I left to Mexico I re smelled the EDT at Sephora to remind myself of the scent. I got the EXACT same experience in Sephora NYC NOTHING. Chanel did nothing with this fragrance and the EDT has been depleted of any quality. Where is Bleu ? Yoooo Hoooo where is Bleu ?

ThatMakesScents

I have this on right now sitting here in Mexico. I found it at the Chanel Boutique in SEARS :) of all places.

This IS A JOKE. I smell NOTHING but some sort of chemical residue. It went on astringent just like any other EDT you can find at Sephora with ZERO notes that stuck out. I have no idea how people can pinpoint incense and amber and dark notes etc. I can't smell a thing I tell you. Ive had it on for an hour now and nothing develops into anything.

This is absolute retail fraud and god help me because people are actually creating threads to disucss this homeless stepchild.

Chanel to me is all about handbags and accessories. I forgot that they have anything to do with fragrances.

I wonder what it is I am not getting that others can smell. Old age must be wrecking havoc on my senses but at 45 Im not throwing in the towel just yet.

I walked an extra 4 blocks to smell this damn it and I want a refund.

The butt of all jokes !

jackfort
jackfort

Same dna but at the same time different from edt. Totally different vibe. More mature less depth. The edt has better projection/longevity.

Only time will tell if its a grower but for now I prefer edt

UPDATE: Tried for a week and then Exchanged it for edt

Senzadite

Now i can review this as i tried it yesterday.

Still people this is a thievery, lots of new designer fragrances are starting to become weak and artificial; and i don´t mind about that, but for a more than $50 dlls. price tag i think either the consumer is dumb or the designer is a master thief.

so on with this: this is an ambery/citrus/minty nice (read well please NICE NOT EXCELLENT)cologne with some faint incense notes. Longevity is mediocre just as the sillage. And that´s it. Yes is a Chanel and NO is not a good quality fragrance.

Still like it? Buy Cold by Benetton and save your dollars, smells just like it for a fraction of the cost.

RIYL: Benetton Cold, Some Liz Caliborne fresh fragrances.

groover
groover

At first sniff, i loved it, but after using the samples i got
i started to dislike it more and more, been there done that
is what this is all about, basically it is the same as the old one whit a fresher start. Why not make a new fragrance instead.

SimplyOliver
SimplyOliver

Available in most French Sephos.

Bleu EdP is basically a sweeter, toned down version of the original Bleu. I didn't get more woods, instead it seems that it's actually the amber notes that are more prominent than in the original, giving it a warmer feel. The citruses still play the main role, with the signature minty Bleu grapefruit. Overall the scent itself is in my opinion shallower than the original: very linear, just a more sugary Bleu with more amber, very little evolution. But it still retains the same clean and polite vibe as its predecessor. I was expecting more of a surprise, a bit more oomph, in the hope that Bleu could acquire a bit more depth. Not the case, sadly.
Btw, the ashtray note has been 'removed' (I know some hated it), meaning that we're now left with an even more basic, sweet-citrus scent. The drydown is limited to a very cheap, synthetic amber. We're basically left wondering "that's it???".

I also concur with other reviewers: performances are rather disappointing as well. Bleu EdP lasted 4-5 hours with average projection, when the EdT easily lasted 6 hours.

As other have said before, it is rather luminous than dark, rather yellow than blue, rather... dull than unexpected: I even like the EdT better, which I feel is more complex, balanced, with better performances and overall better value for money (even though I don't praise it at all).

Ladies and gentlemen, here is "the greatest parfum creation of the last 50 years" (source: Chanel marketing department). In the meantime, McDonald's has been awarded 3-star gastronomic restaurant by the Michelin guide. *chuckles*

atimix

Wanted to wait a bit before I did this review, after about a week of having it, I have enough thoughts to contribute a discussion.

This Chanel EDP starts where Bleu EDT left off, the incense deep sweet grapefruit is the opening in Bleu de Chanel EDP. I think the sweeter more mellow opening is more attractive of a smell when compared to the sharper nature of the EDT, and accents the Woody and Amber notes that it develops into better, never truly leaving the Grapefruit and Incense opening. Their is a floral touch to it, and its is masculinely elegant that will develop with the day. Jacques Polge has done something with Bleu that I think he's been wanting to and it is a more elaborate and beautiful orchestra than the EDT. He's just outdone himself. A largely intimate and profoundly professional fragrance that is to be expected from Chanel. All together this EDP has an evolution to it, and at the same time; consistent.

Spraying on this compared to Allure Homme Sport or Bleu EDT clearly makes this EDP merit its title. Longevity and Sillage are at very least the strength of a regular EDT. I've been using it in intense heat and can still smell it on my arm after a full day of courses on campus, which cannot be said for any EDT. Simply put this thing is a beast you can rely on, and I can finally say I've found what I've been looking for.

To me, there simply isn't a better fragrance, the smell is something in it's own right. The longevity is of an EDP nature, and the sillage will be there when you need it. My signature scent, undisputed.

ReHan
ReHan

My favourite aromatic inky perfume lodging the deep secrets of dark forests.l actually started loving chanels after using this masterpiece, a work of wisdom by JP.total love

marioslg3
marioslg3

All these versions of EDP, EDT etc are just a way to get more money for the companys...Once a perfume is released, is followed by flankers all the time, using the same bottle, color, etc...is a game towards us to get our money, nothing more.
New releases are always welcome but true new releases, not slight changes to the existing ones.
The old times of having iconic perfumes for the companies past away....now all are following the same route for money, not having singature company perfumes.

Felito
Felito

I've tested the edt and the edp a couple of times side by side. This edp has just a slight diffrence in the base, a little more thicker and rounder than the edt due to the added amber & woody notes. The edt is fresher and more for daytime use while the edp is more suited for the the evenings or cooler weather daytime use. On my skin, the edt seems to have a better longevity en sillage than the edp. The edp does'nt have the EDP strenght that he's claiming to have! I still prefer the edt over this new edp!

Riverwide

I've always been a fan of the EDT, so was dying to try the EDP. Well, I for one am very disappointed. It's perfectly pleasant, but has practically no sillage whatsoever. It's incredibly soft and demure. It's like a neutered version of the EDT. In longevity terms, it lasts, but I have to bury my nose into my skin to smell it. The drydown is pleasant. Softer and less "sour" than the EDT, but much too soft and close to the skin.

I'm surprised at all the praise it's been receiving. I definitely won't be purchasing.

armaniboy
armaniboy

I have been very eager to try it and I finally did today. I won't go through the notes in detail cause I couldn't pick up much.All I can say is that the edp version got me hooked for the first hour or so and then all I could and can still smell is something generic ,flat and cheap.There is a note which I think gives an insense impression which makes this smell cheap. I couldn't care less about silage or longevity cause I have no interest in buying it.To me it simply is an unnecessary boring,flat and cheap version of the original.The original is a very nice fragrance but killed by immense popularity. In my opinion the best thing about the BLEU de CHANEL universe is Gaspard Ulliel and the amazing ads.simply pass.

ThatMakesScents

I tried regular Bleu EDT yesterday at Sephora and hardly smelled anything after a big spray. When I first smelled it two years ago (?) I thought it smelled decent. Am I missing something ?

Can't wait to get this one (EDP) behind me already. The anticipation is killing me !

Worth it or not ????? Bring it on.

Marciu

@Andremoc - I'm not voting as well...

I only hope it won't be that kind of situation like that one with Gentlemen Only and Gentlemen Only Intense - I like the first one but its Intense flanker is a TOTAL fail and let down for me..

Marciu

@AndrewMoc - how do you know these notes are legit, real? I can't believe there will be no ginger, any kind of pepper nor frankincense which made EDT complete...

eddigridpipe
eddigridpipe

Wow, not what I was expecting at all,it has that similar freshly cut lemon zing of allure blanche edition, but with an interesting almost smoky, spicy incense background.
This fragrance is an absolute beast it comes across as an intense fresh soap smell.
It just keeps giving too, the evolution is not particularly interesting, but it is providing decent sillage (and compliments) 15 hours and counting after application to skin.
On my skin it feels like a genetic brother to the edt, but has a different and more out going personality, the incense and spice is so intense on my skin that I could easily be convinced it was from a different line.
Bought in the chanel stand at the duty free in mexico city airport on the 10th of August for $105/100ml.

parfumlikker
parfumlikker

Good fragrance, nothing special tho. Wont be buying

atimix

I ACTUALLY contacted Chanel and two different employees told me that Bleu de Chanel EDP SHIPPED on August 4th to Bloomingdales from their factories. They did not give me a release date but did say to allow a few weeks for Bloomingdales to ship the EDP to their stores and allow them to setup the online availability. So its safe to assume late August or early September it will be commercially available through them. Also, when I contacted Bloomingdales the customer reps seemed pretty clueless about everything, however, when I was connected to their New York store a new fragrance employee said they had training recently that Chanel was moving their entire male line to EDP, and Bleu was the first. I would take that bit of information with a grain of salt though. Overall, this EDP is worth a blind buy to me. Chanel has consistent quality and their first male Parfum is bound to succeed, especially after Bleu's success.

khosro.zk
khosro.zk

The EDT version is nice, but not special. EDP version is not even nice.

Marciu

Meh, notes of "our era". As far as I read all those comments: amber.

To me, amber in mainstream fragrances most of the times is not done right - the first example could be this year's release: Gentlemen Only Intense by Givenchy.

Bleu obviously has that "synthetic" vibe but I'm afraid Bleu EdP will be even more synthetic.

CCalex
CCalex

It ships to counters in Canada mid August :) hope you all like it as much as I do!

fresher81
fresher81

Bunch of retards/haters are reviewing something that has not yet been released... This crap is making me skeptical about fragrantica's reviews now. Stop trolling!!!

moniote
moniote

I smelled it yesterday , in a perfume shop in Andorra ! Basically the same fragrance BUT the incense IS now highlighted And it gives a more aromatic And darker side to the original fragrance ! Longevity IS also accentuated...as IS the price !

jf72

hey, don't be so easily offended! is it bad for people to be sceptical of things we hear online? glad it is genuine, Bleu fans are dying to know what it's like!!

@JF72
The edp version shows on the bottle the text
Eau de parfum
The eau de toilette doesnt show a text that it is an eau de toilette.
I am 100 percent sure i sampled that bottle with the text "eau de parfum"
Allright it seems like i must proof it. I go to the store and take a picture.

edit 4th july 2014
I bought the EDP check my avatar its in my hands.
and if you still not believe, i don't care.

mohammed2229
mohammed2229

I have visited the Bond street store in London and have given me the official date of 1st september 2014! so anyone who is voting or saying they have smelt it.. Shame on you!

Dirk

Today i have smelled it on a paper.
didn't spray on my skin, because i was wearing allready Aqua di Gio Essenza.
I get the same smell like de eau de toilette on the paper.
So i think, it is not much different and probably it is a bit more thick and longer lasting.
but i think the EDT is allready long lasting.
I was surprised to see it allready here in the Douglas in Holland.

@SDavis93 & @PaulDJ there is a EDP version of 'The One' but prepare to be disappointed, it's not much better than the EDT for Longevity and projection.

I like Bleu it's a nice fragrance, I'm not a massive fan but I can see why it's considered as a modern classic. I Don't know how much different this is going to be?...maybe a little tweak here n there and truly make it stronger, I'll be convinced to get it.

I will be disappointed if it's not much different to the EDT because otherwise why bother Chanel???

Oh yeah MONEY!

PaulDJ

SDavis - Spot on about "The One"

I would love a decent quality version of that. Blue De Chanel is a fave of mine, can't wait for the EDP!

Marciu

Unfortunately some people (like dmoman) think they're fortunetellers and they already (think they) know how Bleu EDP smells like, how long it lasts and how it projects...

dozza14

To the 23 of you who have voted, having never smelled this fragrance, I declare a perfume curse on you. May your nostrils be filled with rotten eggs and your cologne cabinet be full of celebrity scents!!!

Raidersteveo
Raidersteveo

Amazing how many reviews there are for a perfume that hasn't even hit the market yet......

We truly live in a generation that doesn't think before it speaks (writes).

Anyway, I am intrigued as much as the next guy about smelling this once it actually becomes available.

luistdc
luistdc

Something missing...not sure what but I never felt comfortable with it.

Yasir Shahbaz
Yasir Shahbaz

Dear dishonest raters!
do not cloud the judgement of people who actually might be interested in testing this frag and might be taken aback by your lie-based ratings of "poor", "winter", "love", "like" etc.
Regards!
A Bleu fan

dozza14

I do not understand why the administrators of this site do not put a block on voting until the fragrance is in stores. This would solve the issue and we can get back to reviewing the actual juice. This is the one issue which hurts an otherwise awesome website.

Senzadite

I really disliked the original one BUT i agree with everyone here, to judge without even smelling is very dishonest because some people come to this page for some real advice.

jf72

maybe you should have to tick a box before you vote saying "I have tested it" because some idiots on here think they can vote "love, like and dislike" for the concept rather than the fragrance

SkullPutraLand
SkullPutraLand

@sekoujohnson ..Even if Fragrantica locked the rating system before the fragrance release date , there is always some people that would never be honest in rating and even rating for fragrances they had never seen or smelled in their lives. So people don't rely on this rating system , you should go to the store and simply test the cologne on your skin then see if you are satisfied enough to buy it.

sekoujohnson
sekoujohnson

I think fragrantica should lock their rating functionality until the day of the fragrance release. It's ignorant for members to give their opinion on a fragrance before it's even released. I find it very annoying and downright dishonest.

jonasfransson
jonasfransson

Damn! Just bought the original yesterday!

ThatMakesScents

Why have 5 people rated this for poor longevity ? Have you tried it ?

@maio 2012

I know...I do own & love quite a few EdPs myself.
I wrote "its" (Chanel's) first Eau de Parfum...not the first ever of all brands.

Regards,

jovejove
jovejove

A flanker to me = smells similar or the same, but nothing new, so I'm not excited. I'll smell it of course, but it's not a new scent, so it's just a walk by.

Marketing perspective; costs them $1 more to produce, charge $25 more and reep the profit.

aditya123
aditya123

Unbelievable. People are adding notes according to their nose without the fragrance even being released.

Guys hold on.

How can this fragrance have a 2.75 rating when no one has smelled it

Ukasz
Ukasz

Dont worry bout the voting. Some people just get excited about this release and the voting is their way to express it :)

PS I'm not voting yet

LJD

Congratulations to Chanel for releasing its first "Eau de Parfum" marketed towards Men !

For this new release, let's keep an open mind...I will !

cologneking
cologneking

How can you vote...it's not out yet?!

STOP IT!

Marciu

Stop voting for God's sake!

edge42

I expect good things from this one, but longevity has never been a problem for the original BdC. Maybe 24 hours isn't long enough for some people?

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Chanel Bleu de Chanel Eau de Parfum fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Chanel Bleu de Chanel Eau de Parfum, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Bleu de Chanel Eau de Parfum by Chanel. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Bleu de Chanel Eau de Parfum by Chanel represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.