Designers » C » Chypre Floral « Groups

Chance Chanel for women

Chance Chanel for women
dislike

I have it: 2512 I had it: 1485 I want it: 1448 My signature: 136

Chance Chanel for women Pictures Chance Chanel for women Pictures Chance Chanel for women Pictures Chance Chanel for women Pictures

Chance in French means 'luck'. Chanel and Chance sound so similar as if they were created for each other. Chance is the only Chanel perfume in round bottle as opposed to the classical plane Chanel N°5 rectangle bottle. It is not accidental, though, as it is a 'wheel of fortune'. A wave of extreme freshness meets with the flowery notes and continues with sensual spicy composition. 'Chance is a tornado… the door open to adventure and unknown, just like lips ready for a kiss.'

There are pink pepper, lemon and pine apple in the top notes. The heart encompasses hyacinth, jasmine and iris, while the base is composed of amber, patchouli, vetiver and white musk. The perfume was created by Jacques Polge in 2003.

Pineapple iris Patchouli Pink Pepper Hiacynth

Jasmine Lemon

Musk Patchouli Vanilla Vetiver

Chance Fragrance Reviews

saeglopur
saeglopur

Powder and citrus, white and yellow, Chance would be the fragrance worn by your archetypal blonde girl in a tennis skirt. She's cheerful, energetic, and winks when she's being mischievous -- there is a hint of pepper in the perfume's opening and a hint of musk in the drydown that makes it both zesty and somewhat reminiscent of a light green men's cologne (I'm thinking Bvlgari Pour Homme). That being said, Chance is not me. I do like wearing it as a pick-me-up, though -- it makes me feel sunny without fail. It's not a complex scent, but it doesn't smell cheap. A definite like!

PAMELAIASTRUBNI
PAMELAIASTRUBNI

the human brain is a very strange and complexest machine and this perfume to me is a proof that all smells are associated with feelings and experiences we have in a specific time and that taste can be easily changed once you clear you mind.

when i first smelled "Chance" it was years ago on my frantic roommate, all i could smell was pepper and chaos,it was so strong and bitter that it gave me headaches, i stayed far away from it for years in fear of a "pepper attack" migraine.

and then the most wonderful thing happened, i smelled the inside of a magazine and i was trapped, the smell was so uplifting that i couldn't believe it, in a small sample was the same "chance" i used to hate.
for days i stuffed my face in that stupid paper, postponing the obvious in fear of my "deft" with the Chanel perfume line.
so i grow some balls sprayed it on( which i never do) and i was a goner.
it felt like drowning in a sea of citrus juice, where later it transforms with your own body sent to an addictive intoxicating feeling of joy.(and long staying power!)

a masterpice.

Penny Urn'd
Penny Urn'd

Ironically enough, I wear Chance exactly when I don't want to take a chance. It is a safe choice for me. Safe, but not boring, as it never fails to get loads of compliments from both men and women.

I think if that lemon top note (which has always to me smelled more like a lime) were swapped for a juicy orange or tangerine, it would be in my "love" and not "like" category.

All in all, youthful, but refined and very long-lasting.

babykays
babykays

I have 100ml EDP bottle.. I think i'm gonna love EDT more.. The EDP is too strong, I only wear it if I want to wear it...

ccee85
ccee85

I have the EDT and it lasts and lasts. A little goes a long way with this one. Its beautiful, elegant, and sophisticated. It's mature yet young in a way. This perfume is unique and complex.

xxnataliexx
xxnataliexx

I have a full 50 ml chanel chance EDP bottle . does anyone want to swap it with the EDT chanel chance ? or want to buy it ? pm me if you are interested =)

happycapybara
happycapybara

Modern, youthful, sophisticated. Chance embodies all of these qualities. The notes are blended so deftly, it is exquisite. It is difficult for me to clinically break the notes down. I would rather use adjectives which I feel when I am wearing this, versus try to pinpoint the timing of the notes: expensive, sexy, feminine, stylish, hip. Still unique, not mainstream, Chance still holds its own.

I love patchouli, amber, vanilla and jasmine and all are present, melding into a lovely aura topped with the crispness of the pepper. I am aware of the pineapple when I search for it, but on my body chemistry it has a very minor presence.

I wore this on my wedding day for luck and because I love it. The sillage and longevity are excellent 8.5/10.

stephanie.goudie
stephanie.goudie

This is my new favourite fragrance. I usually don't like Chanel's fragrances too. This smells so good. People always tell me I smell so good when I wear it! Swear to god.

isabellerose
isabellerose

Why doesn't EDT have a special page here? It smells different to me. EDP is at the same time sharper and sweeter (not in a particularly pleasant way) and quite a bit louder, in a way - more mature, to my nose than EDT.

hanson26
hanson26

This is probably my most underrated perfume, and I don't mean by others, I mean by me. I don't reach for it very often, but when I do, I remember how much I love it. It starts out harsh, peppery, and lemony. Not bad, but at this point it's not something I'm overly impressed with. After 5 minutes it evolves into a beautiful patchouli-vanilla fragrance on me, with freshness from the lemon, pineapple and pepper, and a bit of lush headiness from the jasmine. It's interesting enough to be a going out perfume, but reserved enough to mean business. It's a good "light" perfume for oriental lovers. By light, I don't mean lacking in longevity and sillage though, you definitely get what you pay for on those points.

DarlingOne
DarlingOne

This was sort of a blind buy for me. I never owned a Chanel perfume before - every Chanel I tried smelled to mature for me, so I gave this one a "chance". I like this scent, it is indeed very elegant. I wear it to work, when we have some formal occasions or important meetings. To me, it's perfect for those times when I want to be "taken seriously". I just turned 30 and I think this is a lovely scent for young women of my age and up. Even though it is a bit serious, it can be worn by a younger girl if the girl is lady-like. Because of its elegance and sophistication I would recommend this as a statement scent for those times you want to feel like a lady who is in control, but still hasn't lost an ounce of her femininity.

midnight rose
midnight rose

eau de parfum..yes!!!! this is a true love!!!!so feminime,so special!!a classic!!!!!

iggypop
iggypop

I love this fragrance. On me it's warm and sensuous in an elegant and sophisticated way rather than in a serious or matronly way.
What starts off as a fresh and spicy citrus transitions into a warm and juicy patchouli. I can see why some compare it to Coco Mad, as the base notes are similar and the patchouli comes out in both. But Chance's patchouli is juicier and more enveloping (like a cashmere scarf), while CM's is stronger and stands out on its own.
The longevity is great but the scent stays closer to the skin. This is definitely a perfume you wear for yourself, not for others.

cessnaski
cessnaski

It was a good choice and I wore it in winter and for those who find Chanel no.5 a little too strong in terms of scent of powder, I can suggest this as an alternative. It has strong sillage and is fresh and powerful.

horus11c
horus11c

Any woman who wears Chanel Chance becomes a 10 in my eyes. It really gives women an unfair advantage over men. An overkill by all means!!! Chanel Chance exudes confidence, class, and sex appeal.For the sake of fair game play, DO NOT buy yourself a bottle...

Sonja Novakovic
Sonja Novakovic

Men love this perfume. It is excellent for every day, very classy.

FloridaMom
FloridaMom

I was gifted a half bottle along with some other nice perfumes by a neighbor for helping her with some stuff...it is beautiful and classic when I first put it on or smell it through the bottle, but has almost no sillage or staying power. Being that it was gifted and used, I have to wonder if it is either very old, or not authentic. Who knows. Either that or it just doesn't mesh with my body chemistry, which is surprising being that other Chanel's have always worked beautifully for me. It does not smell BAD, it smells more like nothing.

thegreekone
thegreekone

This fragrance us a true love!!Very feminine and really classy.for me this is better than No5 and much more weaeable.The composition is surprising,never boring.Very luminous and youthful fragrance,or at least for those who still feel young ;)

melange
melange

A change in taste or body chemistry, I wonder? I loved it on my co-worker when it first came out, and quite liked it on myself, but all I get now is a very airy citrusy-musky scent, which reminds my husband of his first aftershave.

Mortazuma
Mortazuma

I found it hard to believe that Mr. Polge had something to do with this perfume. Any perfume after Allure has caused me to believe that he is beginning to lose his sense of smell OR is being creatively restricted by some tyrannical marketing adviser. NEVER have I experienced an onset of headache with a Chanel perfume before this one. The notes were so shrill, anarchic, and caustic that I've found it as pleasant as brain freeze.

This marked a path for Chanel that I am hoping takes a new turn soon. I'd hate to see it lose grace, charm and sophistication...I leave that kind of stuff to modern Hollywood.

DancerForLife
DancerForLife

At first I thought it was the Mademoiselle, then it quickly developed into something soapy and unpleasant on my skin. Couldn't wash it off fast enough. Love it on others, smells very odd on me. Not a frangrance for me, find the patchouli overwhelming.

nagano
nagano

I think this perfume is increasing my inteligence.Always I wear it,it makes me somehow more wise and lucid.Strange effect,I must say.Seems that most of Chanel perfumes bring some seriousness,and I like that.

Natalie Nations
Natalie Nations

My first perfume of the New Year and I'm ready to write my review. Chance for me is very complex. The patchouli is very dirty - honestly not too pleasing - HOWEVER! The sweet and citrusy notes in this perfume (the lemon and pineapple)brighten the patchouli up giving it a very interesting twist. THEN, of course, there is the pink pepper, fighting for attention, giving the fragrance even more depth. A lot going on here in my opinion and Chance is both heavy and heady for all of these reasons. It's very interesting/intriguing scent though and I'm torn between liking and loving it.

lanuitblanche
lanuitblanche

This is the only pineapple that doesn't turn sickly-sweet on me, yay! I don't detect much pink pepper in the opening, it's very subtle. Then I get the hyacinth mainly and the patchouly is really clean. The pineapple stays throughout to the dry-down, fresh and soft, it's warm and smiling and never turning too sweet, I love it! I get a faint lovely jasmine in the dry-down.

Makes me want to put on a tennis dress and a charm bracelet and show off my long tan legs! This is a warm, happy, flirty, grown-up, but very girly pineapple, more of a casual day-scent for me, I can't wait to wear this in the Spring!

Pusteblumchen
Pusteblumchen

I love this perfume. It's fresh and intriguing and it's dry out it powdery and soft -- while Alien or Angel would be powdery and heavy...

Since I used a lot and frequently I'm making a pause now. I can't use it but I think it happens often if you keep using the same fragrance non stop. That's why I decided to be more flexible and open my scent range so that I can change it from time to time.

Chance is wonderful, it's one of my favourites and every girl should have it too. At least once. From chanel the most intensive for me and freshly together with Noir which is my fave at this right moment.

gishgamesh
gishgamesh

A vibrant and youthful fresh citrus patchouli scent. This is memorable and identifiable, and very easy to wear - I don't think it's something many people would dislike. Great (but not exceptional) sillage and longevity.

However, I feel it is greatly overrated and quite expensive for what it is.

Furthermore, I have a small bottle of the Edp which has weird green discoloration on the metal trim, despite perfect treatment and only being a few years old. I see another reviewer has commented on this issue further down the page.

Whilst not one to usually comment on the outer wrappings, I really did expect better quality from Chanel, particularly after spending several hundred dollars on the bottle. Will not repurchase.

I like it, I must admit that, but not enough to buy it.
First notes are very promising, fresh, sweet, joyous and youthful.
However, middle and base notes are IMO dominated by iris. Not my favourite flower smell, to be honest.
Chance is ladylike, quite pleasant, but too sultry to my nose.

Hellita
Hellita

Oh, Chanel Chance is such a classic! I've had it for a long time, both the EDT & EDP and I LOVE the smell! Guys complement me when I'm wearing it and that's always nice to hear from the opposite sex. I'll never get tired of this one. Sophisticated and easy to wear. Great longevity as well. Love it!

stitchywitch
stitchywitch

Pepper and patchouli are evident in the opening. Chance is not a polite scent - I was once asked by a male roommate to kindly spray it in my own room - but it is one of my favorites. I'm not ordinarily a fan a patchouli, but Chance is a refined version of the scent. It dries down to a vanilla/musk scent that lingers. I'm a big fan of Chance - I've been wearing it since the launch, even though it is not my usual sort of scent. Great for warm days when I feel extra assertive!

Yay me
Yay me

Love chance chanel . A very chanel girl classy unique chic at same time .

Dee5
Dee5

I love this scent. It smells expensive. I reserve it for special ocassions. Originally I got the Eau de Toilette and I found it didn't last as much as I would like and the smell was too faint so I returned it in exchange for the Eau de Parfum which lasts all day long on my skin. It smells elegant.

temporalgrace
temporalgrace

What a wonderful fragrance! It is in some ways similar to Coco Mademoiselle, as they are both Chanel patchoulis, but in Chance I get more citrus, vetiver, and generally a woodier and more casual feel than CM. It's less sweet, with a tiny tiny masculine hint which I love. The sillage and longevity, as with most Chanels I've tried, are great, even though I have the EDT. This is youthful and fun, equally great for a first date or a night out with friends, or for class and a game of frisbee. This is an all-season fragrance, and let me tell you, it's great stuff. I was a little apprehensive about owning both Coco Mademoiselle and Chance, but they're different enough that I feel each has earned its own spot in my wardrobe.

MandiPants85
MandiPants85

I love this perfume! It's my first Chanel and I definitely intend to buy the Eau Tendre as well. It's sophisticated yet still youthful and fun. Soft and easy, an around go to perfume. Way to go Chanel!

ummimtrish
ummimtrish

I will never be without this perfume!!
I first smelled this in 2004 when my sister was away at college. Everytime I visited her, I would sneak a couple of sprays from her room mate's bottle, and everytime I went to the mall I would have to spray myself with this.

Fast forward to Christmas 2013 and I finally own my first bottle thanks to my boyfriend's awesome mom! I have the EDT (never tried the EDP, but I want to!)and I LOVE it. It's a touch masculine at first which I assume is from the citrus. My favorite part is after it dries down...I can't pick out the individual notes; the only way I can describe it is warm and fuzzy haha.

I've loved this one for years, and it will always be special to me. I would recommend the whole Chance line to anyone. If this one didn't work for you, chances are the other ones might: try eau tendre or eau fraiche, they are very different from eachother, but they all smell *so* nice.

michelle.p.stpierre
michelle.p.stpierre

Several years ago, I tried this and at first I got a very loud pineapple(!) It sang loud and proud and somehow was way out of tune with the rest of the composition. As it settled, I felt that I smelled like a piña colada sans coconut. I took a pass on it.

Today, while in the mall, I decided to go in Sephora to have a look around. When I saw this, for some reason that I really can't explain, I just decided to give it another chance (pun intended). I sprayed the EDP on one hand and the EDT on the other.

What? Where's that loud pineapple? It was there, but much more subdued this time around. Either my chemistry changed or they reformulated this thus toning down pineapple. I actually was enjoying this.

This started out sweet citrusy with pineapple and lemon and patchouli rolling in immediately. Pink pepper was there to spice it up some. Jasmine came in not far behind with iris and hyacinth. Some woodiness of vetiver with musk and sweet amber finished it out. It remains pretty linear of sweet citrus, patchouli, jasmine, musk and vetiver from there until it fades from the skin. There is a similarity with Coco Mademoiselle because they have about 6 notes in common, but are not twins. The rose is missing in this one and the citruses in Coco Mademoiselle are slightly more tart.

Since it is a new year and for a little luck, I decided to purchase the EDT. The EDP is way too much in a warm climate. Since I got it today, the scent has lasted me a good 8 hours so far and sillage is noticeable but doesn't overpower everything. I feel this can be worn year round without any problems and can be quite versatile. Office wear is fine and can be enjoyed any time of day.

Juliana6
Juliana6

I'd say it's a floral, relatively soft, sensual and versatile patchouli (if something like that exists). It's all about the patchouli, but it's very well rounded, mixed with other notes in order to show all the beauty of the patchouli note which we don't appreciate sometimes because this note seems too strong. Light, floral chypre, sparkling like an expensive brand champagne served in a sophisticated glass you want to hold in your hands like a talisman, enjoy and never finish it. The golden drops of happiness.
The base is excellent -sparkling and warm in the same time. My boyfriend said the base of this scent was an aphrodisiac-modern, feminine, inviting, seducing without any doubt.
This scent is a timeless and ageless classic. Every woman needs to find her luck, her chance.

jachang
jachang

After reading the positive reviews, I was hoping to love Chance, but after one spray--UGH! It is way too masculine and sharp on me. It actually burns my nose to smell it. I reminds me of something, but I can't put my finger on what. Definitely would not buy this, though.

gabriel.villa
gabriel.villa

Chance by Chanel seems to be a perfect lucky charm... a perfect potion of luck... as long as I know, Chanel wanted to come up with a young, carefree fragrance, which would have all the elegance and the distinction of the maison for the new century. I think it worked...

We know that Gabrielle Chanel was really attached to signs, symbols and numbers, as well as objects and lucky charms. Her first perfume was called simply N° 5, her number of luck. This time, Jacques Polge made a new perfume called Chance, which means Luck in French, and that says a lot. The bottle seems to be another reference to that, too. A round bottle... the Wheel of Fortune... and the round bottle also brings some difference to the Chanel line, somethings that is also modern, after all. Modernity was another important thing for Mademoiselle Chanel...

Chance starts with some interesting mixes. Firstly I smell the pineaple together with the patchouli. A green, dry and fresh start. Also elegant. Then, hiacynth and iris, the first floral tones of the fragrance, wich will add that make-up tone to Chance. I also smell lots of pink pepper, which gets mixed later with the jasmine. Now let me tell you, that jasmine is really good. One of the best smelling jasmine notes I have ever smelled. So natural, so pleasent... so Chanel... amazing ingredients... then we have a sweet jasmine fragrance, always with that dry patchouli base, with a little bit of vetiver added. I mean, that vetiver which just Chanel knows how to put in the fragrance. Just well balanced and well done. The musk and the vanilla make themselves present in the fragrance too, giving some depth, some warmth and some creamy quality to the fragrance. There's always a lightness too, which I think it's provided by the lemon.

All year around fragrance, versatile, easy to wear... but make sure to buy the best concentration for you. I have the EDP and that's the one I'm reviewing here. It's better for night time, it will project more and give you more sillage, and it will last more on the skin too, because the EDP concentration is creamy and sweet. But it can be wore in hot days, you just have to apply less and know that it's going to be more discreet. Wearing by night or in colder days it projects like a monster, it fills a room and it lasts very well.

I'm totally amazed by Chance from the very first moment I smelled it. That didn't change. Wear it in some important occasions, meetings, dates and it really can help you with its luck-giving qualities... wear it, and take your chance...

rosagarcia163

I have to say, if you do not know that much about perfume and are trying to find some of the best ones the Channel Chance line is your best bet. Now, I am excluding the Channel number 5 line you need to smell those and be the judge of them yourself, in my opinion they are old ladyish.

But as far as the Chance line, these perfumes are absolutely amazing. I hate to say this, but when I go to Macys after giving most of the perfumes a try Channel chance just wins.

If you want attention and to feel beautiful and recieve compliments this is the perfume you need.

There has NEVER been a time when I wore this perfume that no one complimented me. the smell is so addicting and wonderful I cant stop smelling the bottel.

Staying power? I give the staying power on this perfume a 10 out of 10. say you accidentialy spray some on your sweater, the next day you can still smell it a great deal.

Overall this perfume isnt just amazing it makes you feel amazing and expensive and unique that is what I love about this scent which I have not found in other fragrences

Bihter
Bihter

This has been my signature frag for 10 years since it has been launched in 2003. I can smell rich ingredients and high quality in it. I recently realized that this is so fresh that it's almost unisex. Wear this in hot summer nights :)
Now, after 10 years, I change this for something warmer as I've turned 30 :)

rufflesbows
rufflesbows

I just ordered a bottle of Chance EDT and I am so excited to get it! I used to have Chance eau Fraiche and loved it, but the longevity was lacking. I never tested the original Chance until recently. I love everything about it! I love the opening sharp and kind of medicinal. Then it settles and smells very similar to eau fraiche, but stronger and longer lasting. It smells very "Chanel" and has a slight unisex vibe to it. I feel elegant, powerful, smart and fresh wearing it.

I tested this and Miss Dior EDT for a month at Ulta. This is the winner for now. I am sure the employees got a kick out of the crazy woman going in the store for 30 seconds and then walking out. Oh well!

sidrasyzygy
sidrasyzygy

Love at first sniff! The dry down is superb! In a word: effervescent. It makes me feel beautiful, young, energetic, and confident.

It is not a frag that evokes thoughts of a particular type of person, place, or memory for me. It is a scent that a woman can make their own, its for building memories and living to the fullest.

Goktug
Goktug

my all time (Sexy) ladies fragrance it's really hot stuff.

brittanyswilson
brittanyswilson

I really wanted to like this fragrance, it was just too unisex for me. After about an hour or so it softened up a bit, but it still just smelled too masculine for my taste. I will say if you're a fan of pink pepper you will like this because it really stands out and blends nicely with the other notes. This one just isn't for me. I ended up repurchasing Coco Mademoiselle, which truly makes me feel like a lady.

amna723
amna723

I would describe this as a soft warm spicy floral. I really get the peppery spicy notes in this, but they are super soft. I think this would get put in the same category as Marc Jacobs Lola...sophisticated young spicy floral. Don't get me wrong, it smells TOTALLY DIFFERENT though...It's definitely not as sharp or rose-smelling as Lola. I would say it's almost masculine, but not at all in a bad way. It smells so good! It really like grabs a hold of you and stays put all day long.

This one is elegant in a modern way. Unlike other Chanel's perfumes there is nothing old-fashioned about it. It is fresh and full of hiacynth and jasmine. Suitable for any time of year. Made for modern and classy woman. Lasting power is amazing.
I like the packaging because of it's simplicity.

chittylafemme
chittylafemme

This perfume is reminds me so so heavily of my father's Erox Realm-his signature scent, except it's slightly more feminine. It's more of a unisex perfume for me and I can see a sport chic girl wearing it. But I don't like it as it reminds me of my father's scent which I love on him, but not on me.

muneerah
muneerah

Try mixing this with pure oud it smell's divine..

StopHammertime
StopHammertime

A nice frag, you won't insult anyone with it. I get a lot of pepper and citrus, and overall it is very perfumey. The initial blast is a lot of patchouli but it dries down to be very subtle. Lasting power is nice, up to 5 hours for me. I like it but I don't love it, while it is nice it is very cold and unapprochable, if you know what I mean. Good for the office but not for the bedroom. If you walk past someone they would probably think 'well that's nice' but they wouldn't be following you around dying to know what it is.

moreorlessa
moreorlessa

I think of this as my warmest and brightest perfume. Though not a summer scent, it's my own personal bottle of sunshine. The citrus is very noticeable, but it's the spiciness that dominates, making this a warm and cozy aromatic fragrance. It's sweet and juicy, but calibrated in a way that is sober and elegant. If I were to liken it to a mood, I would call it calm on the outside, but radiating with hapiness from within.

hollyms

Best perfume in the world. I feel beautiful, stylish, and confident wearing this. This perfume is so popular for a reason! My boyfriend says I smell "delicious"... in a sexy way ;) Spray it on your clothes and it lasts for days (I have the EDP). I own tons of perfume and out of my whole collection including some superstars such as Flowerbomb, Coco Mademoiselle, Gucci and Dior.... Chanel Chance is always my #1. It's so addicting!! Mmmmmmm

ebony5
ebony5

A perfectly nice scent. Like many Chanels, it is ageless and sophisticated but also like many Chanels it smells...clinical. The scent to me is almost faceless - notes that my nose can usually discern well seem unfamiliar and alien. The scent is glamourous, it's true, but it feels like it strays too far from natural notes, like the entire thing is synthetic. I don't think any real plants were harmed in the making of this perfume, but it is still pleasant and if you are a Chanel lover, you will probably be a big fan.

megami
megami

Oh I remembered something very very important!!
It stinks at the end. I noticed the green scent that's strong afterwards so that's why I stopped wearing it lol. Basically horrible to wear in warm climate, may be tolerable to wear in fall/winter....but I warned u...lol

I'm not sure which I wore first, Chanel (chance) or DKNY (be delicious). Probably Chanel.
I know I smelled no5 when I was younger, I thought it was too intense.
Anyway I liked Chance, wore it to France, I think. Lived in NYC. People said it suit me.
Sophisticated, cool, calm, charming, curious... Words that described me back then lol.
Chance is a good scent for a person who gives life a chance. Not jaded. Not over stressed lol. Recommended for early 20s and sophisticated late teen.

katty182
katty182

Smells boring and lastes an hour on me or it is just too light

CestCoco
CestCoco

Everybody has it. Nothing special at all.

Giezza
Giezza

Smells very fresh and elegant. I can say it's strong at the beginning, but settle down into a very sexy fragrance.

Thurea
Thurea

I find this scent very mature, without being granny-like. It's light, but has a very heavy sillage and a rather impressive lasting power. I can always faintly smell it on me the following day. Beautiful dry-down on me, light, yet potent at the same time. Very strong notes of pink pepper that blends well with the florals. Lovely!

wistfulmaiden
wistfulmaiden

I got this one from my first serious boyfriend(who had expensive tastes!) and I have to say, it is similar to La Vie est Belle by Lancome... I actually prefer the latter They both have a sweetish patchouli vibe, BUT while La Vie isn't sadly as long-wearing, Chance has just a bit of an odd metallic note which throws me off completely liking it.
I prefer the original Chanel 5, Coco and the new Chanel Premiere to this...it was nice to wear as a 20-year old naïve girl but now that Im older I am more into mysterious spicier scents.

SorceressOfTheDark
SorceressOfTheDark

I like my Chanel's. I do. As the years have progressed, each have held their place on my vanity, and at times, I've changed in my opinion of them. But this one has surprised me. Very much surprised me.
I'm surprised I didn't sneeze. Pepper. And more pepper. Throughout it's entire run. I know I'm not the only one that experienced this reaction. The first time, I thought, perhaps it's me, or the weather, or my chemicals, or whatever can change a scent on a person. But no, that's all I would ever smell. Each time I experienced Chance. Heavy pepper.
I like pepper in a perfume. As long as there are other notes that blend surreptitiously into the blend. But for me, apparently there is no chance of adding additional variety to this brew. It's a one spice dish that didn't work for me. On the up side, it did last for a good four hours or so.

rockegg
rockegg

If perfume stores were like bookstores Chance would be in the Classic/Literature department. You wouldn't find it in periodicals with fan magazines, nor in the rack with the latest bestsellers. It would be a classic book written by a genius. There is not a trashy word written in it. It tells a rich, spicy story that maintains its freshness and leaves you with a warm glow.

LoveMeDo7
LoveMeDo7

Chance EDT smells young, sparkling, and fresh! It makes me feel like I can take on the world. It says, "Yes, I am the prettiest girl in the room; thanks for noticing." (Just kidding... but I do feel that way.)

Chance EDP smells so different. It's the perfume formula with the vanilla note, so I really wanted to like it more, but I don't. It smells like burnt patchouli overload. Sort of like that rich old lady in church who is always in a poor mood.

A 1.7oz bottle is going to cost around $68 for EDT or $85 for EDP. I say...save $17 and get the better smelling EDT! :)

lucimar123
lucimar123

Me gusta mucho este perfume, dura mucho, de lejos siente el olor mismo pasado horas al ponérmelo, lo que no me gusta conozco mucha gente que lo tiene.

blackw0lfx
blackw0lfx

at first i get a medical smell. im starting to think its how patchouli starts on me. then i get an earthy patchouli with pepper and citrus and sometimes pineapple. it smells really nice. you could wear this day or night with jeans, a suit, or a flirty dress. a real versatile fragrance. i tried the edt. the only thing is it is expensive, so i dont know if i will ever own a bottle.

hours later and i get a slight musky vanilla added to the mix. my husband says it smells nice. i really do like this, i just wish i could afford it.

jellybeantree

This fragrance is happiness in a bottle for me! I feel lucky to have it! Just like the name! Chance!

macheprofumo
macheprofumo

I really like this perfume. A lighter Coco Mademoiselle. I hesitated buying it because I was told it was for a "younger female", but having read some of your comments, I will certainly buy it because I love it. An excellent classy day perfume!

johanna.lindholm

I have the EDT version of this, and I love it to death. It's really fresh, soft, youthful daytime fragrance. When you first spray it, it smells super fresh, like a bit citrusy and pink pepper. The drydown a couple of hours later smells of soooft and gentle vanilla. This scent has to stay with me forever and ever. It's just perfect for everyday wear!

Alfareandhi
Alfareandhi

I'm man 23, but I love this scent, I usually spray Chance for night time scent.
It's complicated sweet scent, I smell strong Pink Pepper & Patchouli on the top and after 2 hours Iris + Jasmine bring this to sweet floral scent and finally I can smell vanilla and vetiver in the base it's make me more appreciate to this fragrance.
I think Chanel Chance it's must have fragrance for woman and will make the guys more interesting you.
but unfortunately it's underrated fragrance by chanel.
so, try this and you will never be wrong.

And I will give this fragrance as a gift for my GF next birthday :)

5 Stars for this.

linzilou92
linzilou92

I first smelt this about 6 months ago, I was out shopping with some family and I decided to try out the Chanel Chance line as I'd heard so much about it through blogs and Youtube. As soon as I smelled the original EDT on the card I knew it was for me. It's such an attractive, womanly fragrance. I wanted to buy it then and there but the price stopped me, it was slightly out of my budget so my Nan convinced me to wait until my Birthday, as I hadn't figured out what I'd wanted by then. So I waited.....and waited....and finally last week was my 21st birthday and my brother surprised with a huge 100ml bottle of it!

It's a gorgeous, spicy but fresh fragrance that screams sophistication. This to me is something you wear on dates and weddings. It's a special occasion fragrance to me. Although if they could afford it, I imagine it's a lot of womens signature scent for day in day out wear.

My bottle is definitely going to be treasured for a long time to come. If you are a fan of pink pepper and/or patchouli scents then give this one a whirl next time your in store.

johanna.lindholm

I really love it! It's fresh, but not like soapy or boring. It starts off citrusy and with a lot of pink pepper, and the drydown smells a little bit of vanilla. I have the EDT, so this perfume is never too much. It's a really good everyday scent. It wont offend anyone.

stormyla
stormyla

I was disappointed in Chanel Chance. It is overwhelmingly citrusy. The pineapple here is undetectable to me. The entire fragrance experience reminds me of expensive bath products from a luxury hotel. That's OK for the bath, but not for a fragrance to wear all day or outdoors. It also only lasts about 4 hours on me in the EDP.

memento___mori
memento___mori

This perfume smells to me like sharpened pencils.

scentnewbie
scentnewbie

This was my signature scent for years. I've never received so many compliments on a perfume as I did when I wore Chance. People were very vocal about their approval of it and even asked for second hugs to smell more! I am experimenting with other scents now as I am in my mid 30s and looking for something more refined. But I may go back to Chance on occasion because it's worked so well for me.

Thutel
Thutel

estou cm ele hoje..nossa muito bom..maravilhoso é uma sensação de banho tomado..love chance...

girl1000
girl1000

I had Chance before and loved the drydown, but I eventually gave it up because the patchouli note could sometimes be so strong prior to the drydown. I missed it, though, and recently bought it again. What I've discovered is that if some of the perfume gets on clothing before the perfume dries, then the patchouli note projects more strongly. The trick is to avoid getting the wet perfume on clothing. When I allow the fragrance to dry before coming into contact with clothing, then the patchouli note is perfectly balanced and stays perfectly balanced throughout the life of the fragrance. I use the EDT, for reference. I love the original Chance more than the flankers, though I can understand why the flankers would appeal to young girls. To me, Chance is just perfect. All of the notes are perfectly balanced. It can be worn in every season and for every occasion. Chance affects my mood in a way that is only matched by the legendary Shalimar.

Lavallectra
Lavallectra

My experience with Chance started off with strong patchouli and pepper... then hit the citrusy note... and finished off with the smell of wooden pencils. That's what it smells like on my skin... I smelt like a box of pencils for a day. Kinda strange and disappointing since I'm a big Coco Mad fan.

smoothshoperator

I agree with previous reviewer, this is nothing like CM. Chance is brighter and fruitier and more playful. A new favorite.

apollinne
apollinne

It is my new LOVE for this summer. I wanted something new, classy and related to good-luck, so I bought Chance. It is also my first Chanel, and I absolutley adore it. It's related to new beginnigs in my life, opportunities and redescovering. I recommend it to every true perfume lover.
P.S. I also got many compliments from men, while wearing it :) My first Chanel, but not the last! :)

Germany
Germany

Chanel chance , is sophisticated but young, its citrusy and spicy and earthy patchouli. It's absolutely a Masterpiece and smells very extravagant and rich. It starts of fresh and spicy mixed with fruits like pineapple then it goes into this great earthy vanilla scent. It's really great. I get frequent compliments on this one.

Renata tang
Renata tang

best smell ever

GlobalGirlyGirl
GlobalGirlyGirl

"Finding five dollars in your jeans...Rolling a hard eight...Meeting your soul mate on the first date."

When Chance made its debut, Chanel held a writing contest. Define Chance is 20 words or less. That was my entry above, and I came in third. I won a bottle of Chance. Nothing in comparison to the first prize of a trip to Paris. I wasn't bitter, though. I had been to Paris two years prior.

I gave my 3rd place prize to my sister who was 27 at the time. She loved it because it was light and fresh.

Chance is youthful but sophisticated. Picture a woman in her mid to late 20s, living in a studio in the city. She's subsisting on Top Ramen and dreams. You'll probably find a bottle of Chance in her tiny bathroom.

anna.dkr5
anna.dkr5

I love the pink pepper and citrus in it. However, the opening and the heart have an accord I just can't seem to abide. It reminds me of dirty baby wipes. The drydown is beautiful, but it's not worth the wait. Too bad.

Housebliss
Housebliss

My girlfriend wears this. If I didn't like it, I'd tell her, but I absolutely love it.

Sillage is perfect, never overpowering, very soothing. This means I'm never put off when "invading her personal space", and thankfully neither is she.

This is better than the flankers, and I always recognize it when someone is wearing it.

Getting up close and personal with Chanel Chance is highly recommended.

denncita
denncita

This was the first perfume I ever fell in love with. I will always have a place for Chance in my heart. It was because of this beautiful fragrance that I became in love with perfumes and not just any perfume. The first time I met Chance was when I was 17 years old. My mom and I would go to our local mall and walk around Macy's perfume section for hours just smelling around. But it was one that always caught my attention. This yellow juice opened up a new world... I became obsessed with it. It was rather pricey therefore I dared not to ask my mom to buy it for me. And every time we went to the mall I would spray myself with this perfume and dream of one day owning it. My birthday arrived and as a gift my boyfriend (now husband) got me Chance!... He said he had taken an online quiz for me to figure out my scent according to my personality and Chance came out in the results. Weird, I thought... But I really do believe this perfume couldn't suit me any better. I love Chance. My perfume collection will never be missing this lovely bottle.

Jennifer555
Jennifer555

I like it, don't love it. I like the EDT better than the EDP. It is a safe work scent and does smell classy. Not overwhelming.

AnaIli35
AnaIli35

Like most Chanel scents, I wanted to love it, but the patchouli was off-putting. Just didn't work for me.

Anatares
Anatares

Beautiful and classy.
It used to be my signature a few years ago. I will always have a place for this.

Sasha1004
Sasha1004

revved up start.Sharp,alive,youthful with an immediate dry down to a singular amber within ten minutes. boring. so sad.

irenesa
irenesa

I love the smell of chanel chance. Its perfect for fall/winter. At first is fresh, spicy and GLAM. I use it specifically for "very special ocations" Christmas, new year, my birthday, and when I know I have to use my jewelry (??) I feel more attracted to sweet, luxury-spicy-orientals. This didn't let me down!

lialu
lialu

Sorry, wanted to love this one. Smells absolutely lovely at first, but nooo staying power at all and very soon turns boring and a bit sour. A "safe" Chanel for those middleoftheroad who actually thinks Coco Mme is daring. ;-) At least this is how Chance appears on me.

JacobMiller

I baught this perfume for my friend on his birth day gift. He very like this perfume as well as his office all staff asking about the name of this perfume.

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

An EDP which is quite young, moorish and fun, yet synthetic at the top..

I applied 6 heavy sprays

0 -1 hour - 1 foot projection. On the skin this is a very synthetic concoction, which is a little damp and not well made, yet the projecting aroma is moorish, young and fun. Ages 28 -40. I don't get any notes which stand out.

1 hour - 3 hours - 10 inch projection. The synthetic smell gradually goes which is good and this frag is linear. It is quite attractive and quite sexy as a man.

3 hours - 7 hours - 2 inch projection

7 hours - 9 hours - Close to skin. Drydown provides a strong patchoulli on the skin with a chemical fresh twist

This is expensive, but worth trying out.

It is not complex or niche, but basic and fun

Summer or Spring, Day Time and Good for the office

Good

hollyms

Too strong patchouli, and normally I am a patchouli fan. Very strong and offensive patch. I don't like it. I also think the bottle is not up to Chanel par, it's not "pretty" imo. I will stick with Coco Mad.

nijntjes
nijntjes

I like the dry-down of the fragrance, but the top notes aren't really my thing. Not off-putting or anything (!), but just not really matching my personality, or maybe it's my skin chemistry. I think it's mostly pink pepper what I smell, and some citrus. It appeals to me, but not so much to buy a whole bottle of it. As I said, the dry-down is very pleasant, soft and warm with the musky touch to it.
So def a like but not a love! ;)

Ceylane
Ceylane

Start by saying that my review is about the EDP version.
The quality and fixing and silage dispense comments. I like the clean jar and discreet too. As for the fragrance, one can not say that it is orignal when there are so many perfumes in the same style (Coco Mademoiselle, Zen, Miss Dior Chérie ...). However, I love this perfume! It is extremely strong, and even I who possess nervous fingers for perfumes, I can not use more than three sprayed when the weather is mild. The opening is bubbly and immediately makes me happy and I love patchouli present in this . The perfume is sophisticated and goes well for young women and also for the most old, is suitable for work and for parties too, very versatile ... understand its popularity.

BetsyMeszaros
BetsyMeszaros

Husband likes this. I'm not sure I like it. Trying to go through my samples and try new things. This has strong sillage. It hurts my nose a little. Don't think I will purchase this one. It's just not my style --but most Chanel's aren't. Just not a Chanel devotee except Chanel No. 5 Voile.

RGR
RGR

Chance by Chanel is such an iconic perfume for me. It seems as though Chanel always has a special place in my heart and in my fragrance collection.

One day I was sitting in a college class waiting to get started and a girl suddenly rushed into the room and sat in front of me. She was wearing Chance. It wafted through the air like a golden shimmer. It was sparkling, juicy, sweet and so elegant. I observed the girl for a while realizing she was a young woman with an acute sense of style, very polished and yet with such a vibrant, joyful air.... A girl that would take any chance to enjoy every minute of life and do this with a chic attitude. I loved this impression. I wanted to ask her about her perfume but had no time to ask that day. I later on recognized the scent at a perfumery and immediately bought it. I also bought Mademoiselle (which is similar but creamier and spicier). I alternated them until the bottles where dry.

Upon first spray you will notice that Chance is a very unique composition. It is a cocktail of fruity pineapple and citrus notes. The patchouli and the jasmine blend in to give it that french flair and an undeniably feminine character. The vanilla and the musk soften up the dry down. What startled me about this whole perfume was the pink pepper.I usually hate pink pepper but in Chance it is done so beautifully it is like the sparkly bubbles in champagne, it gives it that extra kick.

I know, I know.This fragrance has been copied a million times before but no one can come close to Chanel. Chanel will always be the equivalent of luxury and taste.

Conclusion -
Chance is unforgettable and sophisticated. I like Chance so much that I could go on forever about it but I will settle for saying that this is a perfume for classy , beautiful and sophisticated women. I will forever be thankful to Chanel for creating such a wonderful perfume.

willbear
willbear

all i can say is it works or the right skin and a nice amber to it

Sisypha
Sisypha

"Chance" was the last of the top 5 women's Chanel perfumes left for me to try and I was really looking forward to it, since so far I'd liked each of the previous Chanels better than the last. Sadly there was no "Bonne chance" in the cards for Chance and me. My body chemistry really latches on to some notes at the total expense of others and that was the case here: it was unrelenting patchouli from very first spray all through the dry-down, when quite suddenly a sort of homogeneous stew made up of what I call "The Usual Suspects" (i.e. all those really common, stronger notes used to improve longevity and sillage that make so many perfumes all smell alike) moved in on the patchouli, leaving me with a slightly peppery but otherwise rather uninspired patchouli-jasmine-musk-chypres juice. "Chance" is the signature scent for a lot of people, so this is obviously just a simple case of personal incompatibility (or bad luck…) But there does remain the fact that I have a love match going with "Coco" exceeded only by that with "C. Madamoiselle" - quelle bonne Chance!

fiouu
fiouu

This is really bland, at first I loved it dearly, then realized this is NOT a chypre, this is POWDERY and a boring fruity floral without presence. Perfect as a gift to someone you don't know, everybody likes it, obviously because it's just so normal and boring. I can't really imagine someone not liking this. It smells like you just ran through a perfume shop while spritzing everything at hand. Just like that but mixed with water. *snore*
Update: I was going through my stash perfumesmelling with my brother, when I took this out I noticed it's an edp concentration, perhaps I'll try and get the edt to see if the difference lays within the concentration. My brother's instant review on chance: bitch is trying too hard.

pushok
pushok

Best ever!!!

peekaboow
peekaboow

Been wearing this chance for a week or so and I fall deeper for this one.. Its not as loud as no.5 and not as fruity as coco mademoiselle which sets Chance as the most comfortable chanel for my nose. Day or night, its smells frsh enough without leaving a childlike image. I might have found another must have in my collection

rosagarcia163

Amazing young and versatile SEXY smell. If you want to smell sexy this is the perfume for you. This is a perfume to buy if you want something that smells very sexy but not very common. Although its expensive if you are middle or lower class and you have this scent you will be the only one, which I really like.

hyacinth266
hyacinth266

Nice blended smells of fruits, flowers and etc.Very good perfume but it doesn't fit to me. When I wear it , I feels like wearing a fake mask and trying to be a different person. Strange feeling and no thanks.

movs
movs

The opening of Chance is quite strong with lots of pepper mixed with pineapple. It becomes just a little softer, when it settles. In the heart the fruit is joined by a hint of hyacinth and a good deal of patchouli, which in this case is more fresh than earthy. At this point the perfume becomes quite woody too. In fact, this perfume has an extremely nice dry down.
Longevity is not quite as good as the oriental Chanels but it is still decent and it has a nice but moderate sillage.

Chance has strong similarities with the large group of modern chypres like Coco Mademoiselle and Miss Dior (Cherie).

I think Chance would make a perfect signature scent. It’s classy and versatile and there’s something parisian chic about it. Maybe it would not be my first choice to wear for the ultra-romantic dinner in an exclusive restaurant but it’s perfect for “everyday romance”. I can almost see a girl with red lipstick and Audrey Hepburn hairstyle, wearing a trenchcoat and stillettoes, hasting down a parisian boulevard on her way to a rendez-vous in a romantic café. As she passes me by, I get a waft of her perfume: Chance!

In 3 words: CHIC – MODERN - VERSATILE

Kysyona
Kysyona

Tested it numerous times. Ok, if one if a fan of CHANEL - it is a must, because you've got to have something that could be somewhat of a bridge between the "pearls and cardigan" nr.5, the "man's shirt, horn glasses and a ruler in the hand" nr. 19 and a "smoky eyes and glitter dress" MMLLE. This is a daytime or cocktail-hour perfume, a strong and sharp floral with a fairly decent staying power ( a miracle on my skin ), but one has to wait a good hour before the last chemical evaporates and it starts sounding more nature-derived, so to speak. It's great for working in friendly environment, in media or any creative branch - it is 100% feminine but wouldn't cave in under pressure and definitely would bend over backwards for anyone. If I could afford it, I would use it as my office perfume in march - june and sept-oct.: for summer months, if it gets really warm, this, I suspect, can bloom too much into other people's ( not proven, just a worry ). A brunch with the girls somewhere upscale and in a "to watch and be watched" environment is also an ideal setting for chance. Dating is another ( I am married, so it's a retrospective observation :) ) Try it, but be patient: the initial chemical burst does dissipate eventually. Just spray and forget about it for an hour or so. I give this one a 3 out of 5, because originality is not among the ingredients, one has to spend a lot of time with one's nose turned elsewhere before it blooms and the price is not justified ( at least one can never confuse nr 5, coco or 19 with anything out there ) - it is not recognizable and therefore not suitable for a "character" perfume that is worth its bucks.

ijuliana
ijuliana

My new everyday for 2013! I know it's not super new but it doesn't mean it's bad! I fell in love with this. It lasts more than a day the smell is still on my clothes after washing (fade smell) it's amazing! Highly recommend.

katiesimpsonhair
katiesimpsonhair

I love, Love, Love this perfume. it's one to wear on a night out and feel sophisticated and sexy. i must re purchase x

ZELJO
ZELJO

new mums favourite, as next Sunday is mothers day here in Spain, this will be my gift to her,a pleasant ageless perfum than suits most ocassions a woman can happen, going shopping, going doctor, going to a coffee or daily lunch,not for night time in my view and quite suitable for Spring and Summer

larita91
larita91

This comes from the same line as Coco Madmoiselle or Miss Dior Chérié (the new one)... really beautiful, sophisticated cyprhe-patchouli scents.
When I first sprayed it, it almost felt unisex, but after only 2 minutes I could smell the real scent. t becomes sweeter, a calm, citrusy patchouli scent. Simply beautiful.

stardust808
stardust808

i just bought this as a "break-up" gift to myself...a pick me up. i found it just right not only to my nose but it seemed meant to be since the name is chance =) i feel empowered by it. maybe it's psychological since chanel in itself represents luxury, sophistication, elegance & beauty to me or maybe i felt the need to spoil myself lol but life is about taking chances & seeking out chances for wonderful things to happen so it seemed fitting for me to get a new scent to make new memories with...this is a scent in my wardrobe that has nothing but positive associated with it no memories of anyone or anything except a fun shopping trip with my daughter. it makes me feel fresh & new, ready to take on the world, ready to start a new chapter in my life. what smells better than that? ;)

hiacynth044
hiacynth044

Definitely NOT on my skin! I fell in love with Chance when I smelt it on somebody, then I had it on blotting paper,I was stunned. I decided to purchase a sample, because I wanted to make sure it would go on well with my skin. And what a bitter disappointment! Top notes are hideous, citrus, pepper,with some undercurrent of metal or something similar. Smells a bit of masculine, and I notice that it has a common note with Maidmoiselle. However, while Mademeoiselle seems flawless, this one just doesn't get on with me.
It doesn't evolve at all, It just lessens in its strength. No development. Why is that? The blotting paper told me a different story.
I genuinely recommend trying it on your skin, otherwise it may be an unwanted buy.
I will try Eau Tendre - encouraged by the blotter. But I suppose it may be another disappointment.

Peachply
Peachply

Welcome to the land of 'air freshener'. I'm not into fresh and sharp in this chemically kind of way...maybe it's just the way I was raised on scent, more classic and traditional. For me this scent is terrible! I am repulsed and want to take several steps back when I smell this genre of fragrance they smell identical on everyone and that is not good in my book. Severe thumbs down on this one.

lyciumchld

Second review: I tested this again the other day, and have come to the conclusion that Chance is, while similar to Mademoiselle, definitely its own fragrance; and I absolutely have to have it!!! The EDT version is sharper and has a distinct chemical, synthetic aroma - not for me. The EDP, however, is quite nice. It's not the most elegant thing I've ever smelled, nor the most feminine or the most beautiful. But Chance is enticing, clean, heady, and just lovely. It's dark enough to be seductive, but light enough to be fresh. I love it!

aveilhe
aveilhe

Chance is my least favorite of the Chanel perfumes in the current lineup (Les Exclusifs included)...but let's be honest, there are truly no "bad" Chanel perfumes.

The vetiver and patchouli in Chance are pronounced, lending a slightly unisex vibe -- it is a dry, fresh take on a floral chypre. The hyacinth and jasmine bring a feminine sweetness to the blend, but only a hint. These are not juicy, round florals, rather they are quite crisp and one-sided. The pineapple note adds a fruity-fresh tang.

Chance is a perfectly wearable fragrance, but it lacks a certain level of distinctiveness that I look for in my fragrances. It fits in well with the current perfume trends (fruity-patchouli fragrances and "modern" chypres), and within that category, it is certainly an elegant and refined option. However, something about it just feels too "safe" for me.

Having said that, I think this would be a great option for budding perfumistas (of any age) who are looking for something with a bit of complexity but are not necessarily ready to take any risks with their fragrances (yet!).

Beatrixel
Beatrixel

Chance...
I had it for a while and is the kind of perfume I like wearing when I need support. Because of the name... I get the impression that this is more like a lucky charm.
it is very smooth and powdery, musky and peppery. an original combination, playful and men seem to like it.
men usually notice intrusive perfumes. those are the kind that trigger a reaction. chance is pink,golden creamy, soft, mysterious, sensual in a very innocent way, very warm, a scent men want to sniff when cuddling.
what kind of woman do they see? a balanced woman, elegant and tasteful.
the patchouli, the woodsy notes, the musk and the condiments are used mostly in perfumes for men. in a women's perfume they give the idea of independence. on the other hand, I was surprised to smell pineapple, because this makes it sweet, I like the hiacynth and the jasmine isn't crazy like in floral.
it's a good perfume in the evening, it has something that makes you want to come closer, not in the CHerrera style, but in a very sophisticated way.

gjie
gjie

glad to hv this fragrance in my collection...i hv the EDT, which last up to 8 hours on me...it opens with a citrus and pepper note which is quite strong for my liking...and as it dries down, it play the role as a 'CHANEL' perfume which smell so classy and elegant but still soft and young...

thecapn
thecapn

This is fast becoming my favorite scent, it's just incredible! I can't even describe the notes because they're well blended and my nose isn't that sophisticated lol, but it just has that "Chanel scent". I guess maybe it's the patchoulli, but Chanel's patchoulli is like no other, it's very clean, refined, and elegant. Usually patchoulli is earthy and kind of herbal to me. I definitely get the comparison between this and Coco Mademoiselle (which I love too, but not as much as Chance) but Coco is a little different, it's sweeter and a bit sharper whereas this is sparkling and not super sweet. I think it's because Chance has lemon while Coco has orange/mandarin and also this has more fresh florals and Coco has rose. Although you could use either whenever, this strikes me as more warm weather appropriate and Coco as more of a cold weather perfume. I love the spiciness that the pepper gives Chance too. Chance eau fraiche is like an even more citrusy, not sweet version of Chance, pretty similar though but maybe even more of a summer scent. I can't get enough of Chanel lately, but especially this one. The bottle is just gorgeous too!

suesue
suesue

OMG, how did i live without this perfume??
My mother's got the EDP version and i always hated it. I always told her - mum, if i am at home, please dont wear that chanel thing.

I dont know if its her chemistry or the fact that i bought the EDT, but on me it smells absolutely delicious. Its sparkling and well-balanced, i dont know if its fresh or oriental... But i love it, and it was wrong to buy the small bottle. It smells sophisticated, sexy and mature, but its definitely not an old-ladies-smell.

My boyfriend loves it too.

mystica
mystica

Despite Chanel Chance is not amongst my favourites, wearing it I have recieved many compliments from men. One of them had said I smelt very clean and just perfect. Indeed that "clean-smelling" effect is what I like best about this fragrance. I just try to be careful not to overdo it. It's a potent frag and it becomes incredibly suffocating then.

lyciumchld

The opening on this in the EDT version is decidedly unpleasant; overpowering patchouli, pepper, and bitter citrus. Waiting a good hour results in a melding and mellowing that is a little sweeter and better balanced. Patchouli is still one of the most prominent notes, but the vetiver and pineapple have an opportunity to come through a little bit to balance the pepper and lemon. Lasts through a shower, too. I don't know that I'd go for this. The drydown isn't bad, but the opening is so distasteful to me and I really don't want to have to endure that for over an hour just to get to the good stuff. This one will most likely be a pass.

The EDP is a bit more mellow on me, smelling more of the EDT's drydown stage from the beginning. It seems to blend better with my chemistry and the fragrance is similar to Coco Mademoiselle as others have noted, but definitely not the same (CM is sweeter and more pungent - this is more clean and a bit brighter, with a bit of sparkle). I'll have to test the EDP again, but it might work well as a mild daytime fragrance for summer.

JSC
JSC

I really love this scent - I have tried it 4 times now smells lovely but bottom line the scent just doesn't last - couple hours at best.

Not worth it for the price tag.

John_John
John_John

Happiness in a bottle , when I have trouble sleeping I wear this and feel at home.
Will take you to magical gardens and fairylands.
Be brave and get the perfum, its not expensive for no reason.
It actually could cost more because what you get is priceless.

celebrity89
celebrity89

Funny, but this is virtually the same and the Dana Ambush 1997 version!

BeautifulDynamite

So I bought this over the weekend as the EDT..and I hate to say it but it just doesn't last long on me.

I'll either regift it or wear it during the summer. I liked the EDP better.

*hugs bottle of Coco Mademoiselle* Let's never part ways again.

BrookieSnookie
BrookieSnookie

Just bought this a couple of days ago... for myself but also for my husband. I tend to buy perfume just because I like the smell, but decided I needed to let my husband have a say so! Tried all three Chances.. The original, tendre, and fraiche. Out of all three, my husband liked this one the best! Actually surprised me! I honestly think that Coco Mademoiselle smells similar to this Chance, but apparantly my husband doesn't think so! He thinks CM smells like old lady... yea, he doesn't appreciate good perfume! lol Anywho, I liked all 3 Chances, probably the tendre the best, but wanted to make my husband happy :) Also, sprayed all 3 on my skin for my mom, and she liked this one the best also on me! Definitely try all 3 on the skin and have someone help you make a decision :)

terezie
terezie

I’ve just rediscovered Chance today. I wore it about 8 years ago and I remember loving it and getting a lot of compliments. I have forgotten about it and never bought it again. Somehow I thought it was similar to CM. Now that I own a bottle of CM I don’t think they have too much in common. There is a similar vibe to it mainly because of the dry down but the opening is very different. I can detect the hyacinth, iris and pineapple together with the lemon at first, later everything calms down and turns sweeter woodier with a hint of pepper. I think Chanel really needs to work with your chemistry, but when it does, it’s incredible.

maryellen125
maryellen125

Tried some today, and really wanted to love it. I'm a Chanel fan, but this just seemed pretty, but not complex or long lasting. I'll keep trying it, because of so many great reviews, but it didn't seem worth the big Chanel bucks.

Jellybean
Jellybean

Pleasant, appealing, soft citrussy creamy floral, with something old fashioned and nostalgic about it. It starts off with patchouli and citrus, and then it is mellowed down by jasmine, vanilla and hyacinth-contrast that works well together.
The scent is nostalgic in some ways, I can't pinpoint where I recognize it from.... Keep on smelling it, and I'm starting to like it more and more.
In comparison to Mademoiselle, I find it softer at the beginning and stronger in drydown. Chance is opposite, it develops and softens nicely as the time goes by. To me it is a calming scent. All ages.
Excellent quality and very European.
Versatile wear, anytime and anywhere. Mostly daytime, since it's a soft and elegant fragrance.
Update: This is a "Must Have" !!!!!

cecilia.thorn.56
cecilia.thorn.56

I'm always coming back to Chanel Chance (but then again, I'm found of the "modern" chypres). It has clear presence and a distinctive personality, you remember the fragrance and the smell. Unlike some other strong fragrances, it is not too heavy and can be worn day and night in the eau de toilette version - bonus: it is long lasting.

JordenWhite
JordenWhite

Such a very good perfume.....

JacobMiller

I like its smell and i like its longevity.

Mila Pulina
Mila Pulina

I liked it but I prefer Coco Mademoiselle.

nomi77
nomi77

love it makes me feel fresh and fresher it changes my mood when ever feeling down only one spray changes every thing

rmadarang29
rmadarang29

I enjoy this perfume so much when it's been on my skin for more than 3 hours. the base note is just beautiful and last for quite a while. I spray lightly in the evening and sleep on it and wake up that the scent seems to get better in long period of time.

vattenmelon
vattenmelon

i blind bought this perfume, and what a surprise...i love this scent!!, its very dominant and dark...but fresh and expensive smell. i feel so rich when i wear this perfume!

cherie97
cherie97

I grow to like it.
My mom used to wear this during my teen years, and I thought it's elegant though too strong.
I tested it a few days ago and I liked it very much - I think EDT is better for me than EDP, though.
It's the essence of elegance and class for me - but I don't feel like I'm ready for this on my daily basics.
Maybe one day...?

winniekinger
winniekinger

Chanel Chance always always brightens up my mood...makes me feel smart,sexy and in control...kinda makes u feel like Ur on TOP OF THE WORLD...like wonder woman!! ;)
I've managed to finish 3 of the 50ml Eau De Toitette...
So i don't think i will ever get tired wearing it now and then... it is true,it smells different on every person..depending on ur skin,temperature and body...
So Try it before u can decide for urself...
This is my first review..and i knew it had to be Chanel Chance!! :)
So,Cheers girls!!! To always smelling good and intoxicating!

MabelEarth

Én sajnos csak a pacsulit érzem magamon, attól viszont nyomban megfájdul a fejem! :( Mivel eau de toilette-et vettem, nem is tartós, délutánra elillan.
Headache immidietly!

olkynlove
olkynlove

I like it. I like it a lot. I like the smell. I like the longevity. But for that kind of money you can get something more interesting.

missdietcoke1
missdietcoke1

I don't like this at all. I don't know what got into me when I bought this - probably my love for Allure - but this was an absolute mistake. I don't find it feminine, it's very fresh and sharp...to me smells cold if that makes any sense. I'm glad I've seen other comments saying it's unisex. I would not mind this perfume on a man, but on me it is very dissapointing.

MysticMeg
MysticMeg

i tested this one yesterday and when will i ever learn chypre florals are just not my thing. i can see someone young wearing this in the evening. on the positive side it last very long i washed it off my hand and could still smell it.

liiva
liiva

This can be good in summer and spring. Very feminine.

lupereira
lupereira

I felt the smell this scent on a girl who was passing and I couldn't forget. So when I had a CHANCE I asked to her what she is wearing. Surprise, cause I knew the fragrance, but on her was really perfect. I ordered mine immediately (EDP). I feel feminine, young, cheerful, smart and tastefully. I feel rather interesting. It is that! It does not call attention making of you a sexy woman, but more than that it makes you an interesting woman.

jeffthebarbarian
jeffthebarbarian

I tested out Coco Mademoiselle recently, and I liked it except for the dry down, which turned into a rose bomb on me.
I read that Chanel Chance was similar to Coco Mademoiselle, but Chance had no rose in it's notes. So for the last two days I have tested Chance.
It's very floral and sharp on me. I don't detect musk or woody notes. I don't detect anything fruity.
I guess the sharp note is the pink pepper, but I couldn't swear to it. I believe the floral I'm detecting is jasmine, with a really smooth patchouli. I've never smelled such a tamed patchouli.
I still could swear I smell rose, but I guess that I'm smelling phantoms.
I normally don't like florals too much, but I like this. I get whiffs of this through the day, and now my nose kind of searches the smell out.
I have gotten several compliments from my co-workers, when wearing this too.
Now, I don't know if I would actually buy a bottle. It's a little expensive, and there are other fragrances I like better that I would buy first.
I certaintly would wear it if given to me as a gift.

@TessMC
Your thoughts are reassuring when you say that this is a unisex scent. So I am not crazy! When I read the reviews where people write that this scent is so beautiful, I become confused and wonder whether the scent turns into something different than what's in the bottle (that is it becomes more sweet with the vanilla) because to me the word "beautiful" when associated to a fragrance is something sweet, soft or powdery. "Fresh" and "sharp" aren't "beautiful" to me. And a lot of reviewers are saying that this is fruity. Hmmmm :)

TessMc
TessMc

Dare I say, this is a unisex fragrance. It has that sharpness I always associate with male perfumes. It's fresh and sophisticated. The sillage is enormous, the entire room smells like it, but suprisingly so it's not overwhelming... you don't get tired of it. And it lasts forever. If not between my favourites, Chance screams quality.

Edit: you know what? this is perfect for work.. I'm gonna buy it, after all. It's pleasant and soft, but it isn't sexy.

Anja_Karenina

Even since I bought my treasure ALLURE EDP, I have been intrigued by Chance upon my mother's recommendation (she was the one who made me discover ALLURE and strangely enough, I don't remember her owning it at all but I guess it's because it stunk on her as she claims so it was like a complete different perfume lol).

I have tested the EDP and the EDT a couple of times on and off ever since my purchase of Allure in March/April 2012 and I am always on the fence with this. The testers in the stores have the notes listed on the both bottles and the EDP is the one I usually pic up testing first before I proceed to the EDT because of the vanilla that's listed.

I own 2 samples of the EDT at home and I don't wear them because I thought I smelled too masculine so I thought that it was just my chemistry not working. However, my friend owns a full bottle of the EDT and she smells like this too so I guess that's how the EDT is supposed to smell like: masculine and fresh. And for some reason, I consider fresh scents to be quite masculine so that's why I stay away from them...

So when I tested the EDP, I found the freshness to be stronger but strangely enough, I liked it. Now how is that possible if the the EDT doesn't please me as much? Is it psychological because of the vanilla note that's listed? It's kind of a love/hate relationship. I don't know what to make of it.

So as fascinated as I am with the EDP, I am not sure if this actually suits my personality in the end so I think that's the reason why I'm hesitant whether to finally purchase this one day or not. I mean I know that the general rule is that if you spray a fragrance on yourself and you like it then it's for you, but then again there are some fragrances which you have to give some time before you truly appreciate them and I definitely appreciate this one, even if it is in a weird way, since I always come back to it.

The only time I can see myself wearing this perfume is in the summer but maybe that's why I didn't like it before because this one is meant for the wintertime (which is why I liked the smell now)? Oh well, time will tell after more testings. :)

B.
B.

When a friend wore this, all I could think about was that it smelled like Yorkshire puddings! Very odd. I don't like it at all.

ivycrane
ivycrane

As superficial as it may sound Chanel perfumes have a therapeutic effect on me. They are mood boosters for me.
At the moment my favourite is Chance edp. It's fresh, sophisticated, it has a bit of vanilla, which makes it slightly sweet.
A fine French perfume that will always remind me of my last twenty-something birthday!

Snowfairy
Snowfairy

Girly sweet fruity and lasts forever. Someone said below it won't be popular with teens but that's who I asked when I wanted to know the gorgeous fragrance a young teen was wearing and it was Chanel Chance.Actually where I work mostly teens buy this. But I personally don't care about the age thing, when I like a fragrance I like it no matter what. Some say it's too strong but then it won't last as long right? So just spray it once and it won't be strong.

sarage
sarage

This is a very popular perfume, and for a reason. It is a perfect combination of different notes. Patchouli is there, and I love patcouli, and it blends beautifully with other notes, it is not too strong. There is no single note to play solo, this is a perfect harmony.
I usually like scents with pineapple, lemon and patchouli.
A classic, elegant perfume for all age groups.
The bottle is simple, yet unique.

lara.suzin
lara.suzin

Chanel Chance é um perfume versátil para qualquer estação, mas combina muito com primavera/verão. Quando uso, sinto como se fizesse parte da estação... Quente e úmida, exalando cheiro sofisticado e floral.
É um cheiro realmente parecido com Daisy de Marc Jacobs, embora Chance tenha fragrância mais amena.

Chanel Chance perfume is versatile for any season, but combined with spring / summer its better. When I use, I feel as if it were part of the season ... Hot and humid, exhaling and sophisticated floral scent.
It smells really like Daisy by Marc Jacobs, though Chance has milder fragrance.

negasarah
negasarah

I really liked this one it was very sweet and sour fruity and juicy. I love patchouli but didn't detect that in the mix. It affected my mood strangely which at the time made me uncomfortable, I guess there was some strange aromatherapy going on there ; p

Javanisz
Javanisz

I still don't like it. It smells sour. Ick!

colorblindlove
colorblindlove

This is my favorite out of the chanel chance perfumes but I wish that this wasn't as strong so I could enjoy it more. I also wish that the patcholi (sp?) wasn't in the scent.

aeo005
aeo005

I'm not as eloquent as many of the other reviwers, so I'm just going to give you a "quick and dirty" review of my own experience with it.

This is not a fragrance that will be popular with teens. It's sophistocated and extremely elegant. It is classic and will never go out of style. It is not overpowering or offensive, and one or two sprays will last all day (and still be on your clothes the following day). It is a bit peppery, but also very mild and earthy.

For me, this was a coming-of-age perfume. I bought it as a gift for myself when I took my very last undergrad exam. I felt like a grown, independent, sexy woman, and it still takes me to that place every time I wear it.

missliberty11
missliberty11

I love this fragrance on some of my girlfriends. It smells elegant and flowery, and when I tested the EdT in the store, I found it very nice. So I ordered it online and looked forward to using it. To my disappointment however, the EdT smells now on me like a men's fragrance. I get somethibg sharp, edgy and citrusy, very light hint of patchouli. My husband thinks it's too strong, while he loves Chanel Coco EdP on me - which surprised me. Wearing a perfume is all a matter of suitability with your skin chemistry. I will try to sell this - if anyone is interested and lives in the UK, message me. I have the 50ml eau de toilette which is still almost full.
I recommend that you test this fragrance multiple times before you commit to buy it. It might change on your skin depending on the weather too.

candygirl007
candygirl007

I've finally bought my dream perfume, Chance Parfum (not the EDP, but actual parfum concentrate) and wow, it's just amazing!

I've worn Chance EDP for years, but my only problem with it is the initial burst of spray (top notes), which I find too sharp. It becomes softer, but that's not until after an hour or so.

With the Parfum, you go straight to that lovely Chance fragrance, without the harsh spritz that is present in the EDP and EDT.

It literally 'melts' into your skin, leaving this amazing trail on your body.

It lasted all day on me, and i only put 2 dabs on, one on my wrist and one on my neck. Yet I still got a couple compliments 8 hours later! At the end of the day it still smells as fresh as when just applied, even though I've been sniffing at it all day.

I've always been put off from buying parfum concentrates due to the price, but now I know it's worth every penny, not only because it's longer lasting, but the quality/combination of perfume is so much richer - not heavier, just richer. So it becomes more of a stunning body scent, gently following you everywhere you go...

There is only 7.5ml in the bottle, but 2 dabs a day will last me at least a year.

Oh and the packaging is delightful. It's a miniature bottle similar to the EDP, but more elaborate. The stopper is made of glass with the Chanel logo on the top and a soft nib that you use to dab the perfume with - no tacky spraying here! :)

If you love any of the Chance or Chanel scents, you must try this. But be sure to ask for the Chance Parfum to test out, not the EDP/EDT which are more widely available but not as beautiful. I hope that you fall in love with it too :)

BeautifulDynamite

Oh there was a time when I simply adored this perfume. I still do, but unfortunately it has too many painful memories associated with it. But I love the warm spicy smell it had..I wore it during the winter but it works for all seasons for me. Great perfume. Hope someday I'll revisit it with better memories.

somethingbrighter
somethingbrighter

Very fresh, nice enough, but (to me) nothing special.

mmamita
mmamita

Had it twice so far, for sure gonna buy it again. The best perfume in terms of longevity and sillage too

perfumeluver
perfumeluver

I think the edt smells better than the edp. I don't know why but the perfume version kind of stinks when you first smell it.

TillyWave

I doubt that Chance needs another review, since it gets a review several times a week, if not every day. Well, for good measure, here's another (for the EDP.)

I think that Chance really set the standard for 'modern' perfumes, and almost 10 years later it still stands on top. This has the longest lasting citrus note I've ever encountered (pineapple/lemon/orange) it hangs on right until the drydown. It is full of polished, liquidy-clean patchouli, that only gives a hint of a camphorous edge. The heart contains a field of 'flowers' that are not unique enough to differentiate. The drydown is a clean white musk, with a sheer vanilla and a hint of stripped down vetiver.

I like this very much, it smells great, it has still has a distinct 'perfuminess' that at least sets it apart from really nice smelling lotion. It has a discernable top/middle/base structure. It lasts a long, long time with only a few sprays. Actually the top notes are overwhelming, but within an hour they die down and Chance becomes less intense overall.

I say this is modern because it is squeaky clean, it would smell great on a 13 year old, and a million perfumes smell like it, or like part of it. I find it hard to believe that it would offend anyone, and not that I like to do that, it's not daring. I feel daring if I wear Aromatics Elixir, or Mitsouko, or alot of other old school/"old lady" perfumes. Chance is safe, and clean, and young. Thus the epitome of modern.

And I still maintain that this is so close to Coco Madamoiselle that I'm surprised Chanel would put out a near copy of their own perfume.

PLUMPIE
PLUMPIE

All I get from this is over-ripe melon. Must be my chemistry. I have smelled it on others and it smells fantastic - It's nice to smell patchouli in a sweet modern blend as it makes it something a bit more special than all the diabetes scents out there today.

foxy_princess
foxy_princess

This is a very nice perfume. I'm not big on Chanel scents, the only Chanel scent I like is the original Coco. This however made me change my mind. It screams femininity and oozes confidence. It's a man magnet aswell ;) It can easily be worn in all seasons and worked from day to night aswell, just change your outfit and you're good to go

Nirsara
Nirsara

Not the best fragrance of Chanel, not the worst... As a fan of Chanel I have all three versions of Chance.
I like this the least. Along with Coco Mademoiselle it's my least favourite fragrance of Chanel (although I must admit that this still means that I love it more than fragrances other-than-Chanel).
Chance is a young and lovely scent. It's perfect for a girl who doesn't know yet which woman she will become. Chance does not have a lot of character, but IMO opinion it doesn't offend anyone. I think it's a good fragrance to get acquainted with Chanel, discover their fragrances and choose the one that fits you best.

EmyPlante
EmyPlante

While testing Mademoiselle on one hand, I had Chance on the other. What can I say.. definitely more mature than Mademoiselle, more spicy and I could pick up some animalic note straight away, which I unfortunately don't like. Maybe I'm not enough of a connaisseur to know how to appreciate animalic notes, but I recall having smelled the exact same note in Chanel no5. A note that smells inbetween urine and gasoline (I apologize if this offends any Chance lovers, it's just my honest opinion), maybe civet? Whatever it is, it sort of ruined it for me. I could detect this animalic note even in the drydown, in fact, it became even more prominent. Now I don't see any animalic notes listed on here, maybe I just have a REALLY strange nose haha! :P Might it be the patchouli? I've no clue. But Chance isn't for me.

fairspirit4
fairspirit4

So I tried this today. And it is really lovely. My skin chemistry loves it and I can tell that it is amazingly well made. It's just not quite me at this point in life. Whenever I'm ready for something a little more "old school/traditional" with its earthy woody, patchouli- ness, I'll keep this in mind. =)

SarahBay
SarahBay

this perfume is more than awesome , the earthy citrus feeling u have when u spray it gives u confidence like you rule the world , flirty and attractive to the most high levels , so in love with it

kkk
kkk

I really LOVE this scent...on others.
Very recognieable and I just adore it but - much to my regret - I can't wear it because it's too warm, very dominant, almost stifling on me.
Oh I wanted to wear it so hard so I tried it dozens of times, but it's too strong even when I take it just to my wrists... It's again the patchouli which makes this beautiful frag cloying on me? ....
You Others! you are so lucky!...

smoothshoperator

This is really sweet and pleasant at the beginning but as the drydown occurs I realize that it is just nowhere near as great from start to finish as Coco Mademoiselle is. Still, if someone gave me a bottle, I would certainly wear it and enjoy it. But, I think this would have suited me more in my 20s and now at 33, I have found my true love in Coco M. Chanel has such a wonderful line of scents.

ebazel
ebazel

I only wear Chance during the cooler months, and I always look forward to wearing this. It's so cozy and uplifting. I always get the small sample vials from Sephora because I'd never use up an entire bottle in the few months I do decide to wear this. I sprayed two sprays (which seemed very weak coming from the small plastic vial) around 8 am and went about my day. During the first 4 hours, it smelled exactly like it did when I first sprayed it. Definitely not overpowering, as I sprayed it on my chest and not on my shirt. 8 hours later, I could still smell it on myself; just a slightly dried down version. Even 16 hours later pulling an all nighter in the library I can still smell the sweet woody soapiness. When I woke up the next morning I could faintly detect this. I was amazed at how long this stayed on. I don't know if it's because I just started wearing this again and I am more sensitive to the smell, or because I sprayed it on my skin and the warmth caused it to linger. Either way, this is such a lovely fragrance that is warm, happy and inviting.

KateAnette
KateAnette

I tried a few Chanels before: No 5, Madamoiselle, Allure, Allure sensuelle. Allure felt like it might be worth a full bottle, but something kept me from actually buying it (too many bad blind buys sitting in my closet^^). Those Chanels kinda fell flat on me, not much depth, but a huge sillage, and i like my perfumes the other way around (closer to the skin).

Well, i spotted an almost full bottle of Chance EdT on the "Finnish ebay", and it was cheap, so i decided to go for it. What a pleasant surprise!
It does have that Chanel vibe, but it's softer and more subtle than those i've tried, stays closer to the skin. It's soft and creamy, yet fresh. Patchouli doesn't always agree with me, but here it's so well blended that i can hardly detect it. The citrus keeps it fresh, iris gives it a creamy touch, and the amber gives it depth and just the right amount of sweetness in the dry down. This is a keeper for sure, glad i found a Chanel that i love !

I been wearing this on and off for a while now. Some days the lemon and pineapple gets really loud to my nose. That mix makes me pick up a urine note. Reading the reviews, i see i'm not the only one.
Chance gets better the longer it's on my skin (read: the urine note gets weaker, and eventually fades away), and in the far drydown i still really like it.
I actually asked people around me, and no one but me seemed to pick up on the odd smell that bothered me (i got a few strange looks, asking if my wrist smells like piss :P ). So i do think it's just the way my nose and brain picks up on the lemon- pineapple combo, because it smells like that to me on clothes too, not just on skin.

I will have to give Mademoiselle a new try, because usually orange and neroli works better for me than lemon. I don't see the similarities between Chance and Mademoiselle, but maybe that's a good thing...

I confirmed my beliefs again: It doesn't really matter whether i blind buy or sample a fragrance before i buy it. Only time and frequent wear will tell which perfume becomes a staple and a life long friend, and which is only a crush, soon to be forgotten.
I'm not giving up on Chance quite yet though, i do like the drydown that much.

s_athena
s_athena

The woman who wears this played with the boys growing up. Now that she's a teenager she's becoming more feminine, but on her own terms. She's not just raiding Mom's perfume drawer and getting laughed at for "smelling like my grandma" - this is the scent that makes those boys stop laughing. This is that tomboy making the big reveal down the stairs on prom night and giving her childhood-best-friend-"just a friend"-prom date confusing feelings. She's still a get-your-hands-dirty kind of girl, maybe with a touch of hippie with that patchouli, but she's becoming a woman and wants to show it.

The spicy and earthy notes of pepper and patchouli hit me first, but then the jasmine and hyacinth waft in under the radar and get anchored in place by the musk. For someone used to citrus and woodsy unisex scents (vetiver anyone?) like I was as a teenager, this is a good segue into the more feminine side of things without losing your tomboyish roots. Longevity is not what it used to be - the EDT only lasts 4-5 hours on me now when it used to be the Energizer bunny on my skin five years ago - but maybe it's always been that way and I'm just noticing it now. It's certainly a younger and more flighty fragrance than Chanel's classic heavy-hitters.

As for the comparisons, yes it is VERY similar to Coco Mademoiselle, but Coco Mlle is more classically-chypry with patchouli that smells mossier than in Chance. Coco Mlle is a bit more office-like to me, probably because I've smelled it on so many skirt-suited women on the metro in morning rush-hour. One way to think of it is that on a college campus, Chance is the precocious undergrad in the front row wearing jeans with boots and a blazer while her classmates are wearing Juicy Couture sweats and Britney Spears Fantasy. Coco Mlle is the young assistant professor giving the lecture. This is not so much about age as personality and LIFE STAGE. They're not far apart in "age range" you could say (e.g. older student and prodigy assistant professor), but Chance has more fun, flirtation and sweetness while Coco Mlle is more mature, nurturing and take-charge.

MabelEarth

Hihetetlenül finom nőies, púderes illat! Nyáron és télen, nappal és éjszaka, fiataloknak és érettebb hölgyeknek... elképesztően sokoldalú! Tartós, de nem fullasztó! Talán ez lesz az IGAZI?! :)
Very feminine and powdery, perfect for every age, occasion and season, long lasting but not overpowering!

melysaretsahana

I have the edp version and the bottle doesn't impress me.too simple and the bottom plate looks dirt cheap.But okay, i want to review the scent. As every chanel fragrance, the opening scent is always strong and ending with classy notes. For me, chance is not classy but classic. It is very common. It reminds me of my daddy's perfume but too sweet. I hate the opening notes. My mommy said it is fresh but for me too way much,very overpower. The fresh spicy note even sinks and i can not smell it at first. But well, i have to admit it is nice after several minutes using. The longevity is great. I even can smell it after taking bath but i just hate the opening composition. too strong, too common and too sweet. If many reviewers said it is similiar to chanel coco mademoiselle, I will say NO!!! it's different.coco mademoiselle is more citrusy and better than this fragrance even my old chanel allure edp is better, more classy.The bottle of chance isn't luxury either.

melysaretsahana

I have the edp version and the bottle doesn't impress me.too simple and the bottom plate looks dirt cheap.But okay, i want to review the scent. As every chanel fragrance, the opening scent is always strong and ending with classy notes. For me, chance is not classy but classic. It is very common. It reminds me of my daddy's perfume but too sweet. I hate the opening notes. My mommy said it is fresh but for me too way much,very overpower. The fresh spicy note even sinks and i can not smell it at first. But well, i have to admit it is nice after several minutes using. The longevity is great. I even can smell it after taking bath but i just hate the opening composition. too strong, too common and too sweet. If many reviewers said it is similiar to chanel coco mademoiselle, I will say NO!!! it's different.coco mademoiselle is more citrusy and better than this fragrance.The bottle isn't luxury either.

August
August

Sadly... it didn't smell nice on me. When I was in the Chanel store the sample smelled quite okay... but I totally regret for spending $240 for 50ml. It was too soapy and powdery on me... I just want to sell it off to someone.

lisann.hogstrom
lisann.hogstrom

Luck. that's the meaning of Chance for me. I was never really attracted into single fragrance up until the moment I find Chance. I was so excited by the notes, nothing that resembles old Chanel like No 5 or Allure. forget those patchouli-ridden Allure or Aldehyde-full No.5

Chance is something else entirely. it's well blended like other Chanel, it's sexy but innocent. it's seductive but uncaring. it have every aspect a girl want in her life, inside those round bottle. it's sweet rather than classic. it's hopeful instead of historical

some said it's placebo effect, but my life feels brighter with Chance, I start to see a brighter hopes, better days and luck in every day in my life. Chance pour moi, Chance pour toi...

TheDentist
TheDentist

Yesterday, I Got 3 Chanel Perfumes
Coco Original
Chance EDP
Coco Mademoiselle

I Prefere
Coco chanel original .. as a mature/rich/sexy/night-out scent

Coco Mademoiselle .. as a Girly/during work scent

Chance EDP .. works for Both(Mature & Girly)

Anyway, that's what i Think ;)

elderflowers
elderflowers

I am not a major fan of Coco Mademoiselle, and Chance strikes me as quite different.

Like a lot of reviewers, I don't think the emphasis on 'earthy' or 'patchouli' really describes this scent. Chance has nothing to do with patchouli EO, a thick dark potion that we patchouli fiends lay down like port. Instead, it pioneered a chemically-expurgated patchouli, free of any alarmingly vegetal notes, a blank canvas for fruit, spice, or flowers. AFAIK this white patchouli canvas still can't be synthesised; perfume suppliers have to buy raw patchouli EO, and then refine it.

I like this canvas, and what Chanel has painted upon it – mostly pink (aka light) pepper with a shot of citrus floral. It does retain some patchouli character, without the rootsy, earth-between-your-toes quality that some people love, and many others find rank. The latter may not choose to wear Chance, but it probably won't make them actually feel ill, which is the reason I don't wear real patchouli out of the house. And Chance knocks nearly every wimpy 'fruitchouli' out of the water.

Scents capable of potentially suiting every age are very rare, but Chance is such a scent – though note that this is 'every age', not every taste or every personality. The 'friendly Chanel' description is IMO spot on, and probably explains the appeal of this scent: Chance is smart, warm, yet formal, but never haughty. That's got to be worth trying.

greek_goddes
greek_goddes

It smells like baby powder on my skin! Very cute and longlasting. I believe it is going to be perfect for autumn period. Of course it is too expensive but you don't have to use too much, since the eau de parfum is quite strong, the bottle will last for long.

Cocinelle
Cocinelle

This is a good scent, especially for those who like to switch they're usual fragrance for something fresh and light during summer.This perfume is polite, simple, and agree with anyone instead of causing trouble.
I would describe it as ozonic and I'm surprised is actually considered earthy.
The opening is like a bright breeze in the morning, when you still linger in the bed enjoying the first rays of sun. Only is not the smell of coffee that pervade your awakening but the inconsiderate amount of aftershave your better half is using in the bathroom as he groom himself. Tons of vetiver, pepper and patchouli.
The dry down turn into a sweet breakfast in the garden, drinking pineapple juice and squeezing a little bit of lemon in the tea. Still gently scolding him for using so much of that loud aftershave.
A the end you forgive him and end up in his warm embrace unexpectedly smelling on his chest (underneath everything else) the jasmine and the vanilla of the perfume you wore the night before. faded but nevertheless there.

LuluCoconut
LuluCoconut

I'm really surprised the EDT is classified as being mostly woody-earthy. What about the citrus? To my nose the cirtus and the red pepper are the most prominent notes. Sure, the patchouli makes a statement somewhere in the middle and mostly in the base, but the lush aromatic lemon/pepper/pineapple combo is the star on my skin. The opening is also very unisex to me, but still quite pretty. The floral notes stay somewhat behind, giving a little powder here and there.

Starts of with quite a kick, but the overall sillage is moderate, while the lasting power is really remarcable. There is a certain air of luxury around this but in a very unassuming and laid-back way and that's why I love it. I see this as a scent to be worn at open air, it really feels better when you're outside, as the previous reviewer said, or eventually in colder weather.A fragrance to try before buying. Very similar with Shiseido Zen at the beginning, but Zen has a lot more patchouli.

one_girl_rev
one_girl_rev

A fresh, young scent that lasts and lasts and lasts. I like this perfume a lot but it's pretty potent, especially with the fresh white musk. It can be quite strong (what from Chanel can't) if applied with a heavy hand. I save this perfume for ritzier nights out or afternoons in the park as it needs a lot of air.

tluneau
tluneau

Oh, heavens! I really wasted my money on this! And, of course, I bought the largest, most expensive bottle made, because in the store I liked the way it smelled on the sample paper. When I came home and actually smelled the real thing, I was shocked--I could not identify a single note in the scent! It was simply awful, plus it gave me a headache! I truly took a bad chance on Chance.

addusk
addusk

LIME! That's all that I can say about this one. It smelled TERRIBLE at the beginning, almost like pinesol or some sharp cleaning agent. It took almost half an hour to dry down, and then it smelled like a sweet lime on my skin. Kind of like lime-ade or a sugary citrus drink. It was a good sugary lime though, but it didn't last at all; it completely disappeared within an hour.

I was expecting a lot from this so, although this is very nice, its not as fantastic as I had hoped. I was intriqued by the comparison to Guess Gold but on me, there is very little similarity. This smells fresh and flowery, with a warm undertone. I smell lemon and florals, with some vetiver and only a tad patchouli.

Kimmer112065
Kimmer112065

Tried this in a sample that I bought off Ebay and it very much reminds me of Womanity by Thierry Mugler. However it doesn't have that strong and bitter smell to start like Womanity does. It has everything in it that I love about Womanity but none of the things I hate. I really like this perfume but it doesn't WOW me like I thought it would.

feline_amour
feline_amour

I have the EDT version..love it.it's a youth sophisticated, not playful scent but suitable for day and night.it's a must have for perfumeholic..

nurul.ain
nurul.ain

I started to fell in love with chanel chance since I smelled it from my nephrology (kidney) specialist.she smelled really nice..she's a chinese lady n I was told by my post graduated doctor that,chanel chance is always the specialist's favourite fragrance.chinese people always have their faith on having good luck..maybe because of such beliefs,most of chinese people adores n loves this perfume very much.

later on,i went to a shopping mall n I dropped by to a chanel booth.so I asked the salesgirl to spray a little bit of chance perfume as a tester..from the first sniffed of it,what I smelled was a unique type of fragrance..i think there are no other perfume which smells alike..seriously! I could smelled the peppery-citrusy scent..then comes the floral n then later,the woody part...what attracted me the most was the first/top notes of it..it's fresh,not overly spicy n amazing.the spicyness must be coming from the pink pepper,while pineapple n lemon fruit enhances/intensifies peppers' spicyness in a proper way.it's not a girly type of perfume..it's a mature ones n I do agree with some of you who had commented here...if u wear chance,u will be confident,strong,energetic,brave n will take any chances undoubtably..yeah,who knows what future might lies ahead.i admitted,i have tried this perfume once..but it wasn't my cup of tea..because I usually not interested to any fragrances that composed of peppery ingredient in it..but this time,i wanna give myself a 2nd chance to liking it back..n i've made it!

beatrix75

stil the best but i juse the eau de toilet ,much more nice and feminine!!!

rafaellaR.123
rafaellaR.123

My mom have this! It's such a shame that se doesn't use it that much... I absolutley adore it! It starts with a burst of pepper and a little bit of lemon. A few minutes later, the pepper starts fading and the scent becomes basically a slightly spicy lemon. The patchouli shows up in the middle of the middle notes (I''m not crazy!) and gets stronger with time. In the end, it gets woodier, greener, and the vetiver gets noticiable, a little intensive.
The woman who wears this loves to party, is self-confident, smart, fun, sexy, and mature. I think that even a 17 years old girl could use this, if she was that much self-confident and mature.
Best time to wear this: Spring-Fall/Days.

Miffy8900
Miffy8900

omg I love this ! Have been using Mademoiselle for several years, but I felt like it is so young and girly, and I was looking for something more mature, but without being too heavy. Also, Mademoiselle is so popular that pretty much everyone is wearing it.

I had never planning on buying Chance, because I find the bottle ugly and boring compared to other Chanel bottles. I got it as a sample, tried it on and forgot about it. But the rest of the day I was like "what is this smell". It smells beautiful on my skin. It is very fresh, but at the same time very sophisicated and smells very expensive. It lasts for hours , too !

I have the edp as a big bottle (though I still don't find the bottle pretty or special at all!) For day time wear I have the edt twist and spray set, which isn't as strong as the edp.

This is my signature scent and I think it's perfect if you find Mademoiselle too young and girly, but at the same time think No 5 and Coco too mature and cloying.

Heliotrope
Heliotrope

A disappointment in a lovely bottle. It starts out fruity/floral/citrus, but then something metallic and unpleasant creeps in. But I've just noticed the ingredients include patchouli, and my nose rings alarm bells about the presence of patchouli from a thousand miles away, so that probably explains it.

jlashmbarbie
jlashmbarbie

A long time ago, in a magical United Kingdom far away, there was a magical advertisment for Chanel No 5. A beautiful Red Riding Hood (Estella Warren) inhabited a snow covered kingdom, alongside silvery wolves and music from Edward Scissorhands.

Unfortunately, the perfume, which promised to be mysterious, beautiful and enchanting, in no way matched up to the ad. This has made me very wary of Chanel ever since.

However, Chanel Chance is a 'grown up' perfume I can get on with. Although I have never had it myself, as it was my friend's signature scent at uni, and just is, well her, I always notice this on others. Very fresh, sweet enough it fits my usual criteria, with the added bonus that it seems to be long-lasting.

It is definitely one for women who know who they want to be in life, maybe late 20s mid 30s?

PeppermintCrush
PeppermintCrush

My mother has worn this perfume for years and it's such a lovely fragrance. Very feminine and fresh smelling. Simply put, this would appeal to anyone who likes a fresh/clean smell.

beatrix75

no mather age its a good choys for 20-45 especialy its not a girlish scent its absolutly feminin women frag ,its fresh but its heawy in the same time but in a good way refined smell like all chanels ,elegant and wearable any day or place confort scent !i get a lot of compliment "how nice i smell" and tis its true every women who juse this frag ,get to much compliment!!!!först i get the peppery citrus pachuli smell then come out the earthy woody creamy flovers jasmine hasynt iris musk !!this staf its soo long lasting incredible!!hurra chanel

rocksugar
rocksugar

It took me a long time to decide to buy this. The patchouli base is a bit intense for me, but I love the woody, amber parts of the base. Top notes come across spicy and peppery, mid notes slightly floral. The dry down in particular is gorgeous: smells the way a sunset looks. I wear this whenever I want to feel accomplished, adventurous, yet elegant.

vlora
vlora

it does not smell like madmoiselle at all. To me it's sweet and refreshing, although wen i first spray it it looks like a man's cologne :S... but then it gets great.

nush imogen
nush imogen

Im a little surprised actually, im usually not very much into Chanel fragrances, but this one is different! I love the citrus and spice combination, quite original! Reminds me of Oscar de la Renta Live in Love, but i like it much much better! Great for this time of the year :)

elisabethgenest
elisabethgenest

to me, the EDP is a bit too strong of a fragrance for spring and summer, which is why I tried a sample of the EDT and LOVED it. I realized that you can indeed wear this to ANY occasion. It's also a fresh fragrance that is different from the other ones. I'm in love. Thanks again Chanel <3 :)

celestialstar19
celestialstar19

I have been wearing Chanel Chance since it was released here in the United States. It was love at first sniff!!! It smells like a garden in full bloom with sweet flowers, so it is a clean, fresh smell that has that flowerly, fruity, woody scent. It has a nice longevity well of course because it is chanel! It is not cloying on me, on the contrary I wish the smell would never go away. From the opening notes to the dry down, it smells wonderful! I cannot decide which is my bigger Chanel Love? I am in love with all of the editions to Chance, and Coco Mademoiselle. Chance for me opened the door to falling in love with Chanel fragrances which in my opinion where too heavy when I was younger like for example Chanel Number 5. This is one of my favorite things to spray on myself right after a shower, when you want to feel renewed and smell squeaky clean! Personally, I Love it for all occasions work, office, sleep, black tie. (You can say I am addicted) This fragrance makes me feel confident, and it inspires and reminds me to take a chance for you never know what fortune might lie ahead!

kissmyarse09
kissmyarse09

I wanted to make Chanel a part of my family, so I settled down for Chance which my dad got from France. It starts of with a very sophisticated smell but slowly gets into the peppery smell. Since I'm not really a fan of having a little spiced up smell, I don't really prefer wearing it for everyday use.

ilms11
ilms11

Every time I wear this fragrance I will receive plenty of compliments. This is a very elegant and sophisticated scent. I can actually wear it for all kind of occasions. Like at work, in school, with friends etc.

happybeauty101
happybeauty101

I really loved this perfume. I wish I could find it somewhere. My friend gave this me, since she she hadnt worn it in years. I remember her 3yr old son would spray himself like crazy with it and it stunk so bad, lol. So, when she handed it down to me I didn't think i was going to like it. Once it dried down on my skin , and blended with my chemistry it was unbelievable!! I got so many compliments. My neice would take my arm and would not stop sniffing me everytime I saw her, lol. She hasn't done that since I no longer wear it :(. It's woodsy, and forally, and just the most perfect perfume I have ever had. It's something I envision a smart, sensual, go getter woman wearing. Maybe like Coco herself, lol, and the wonderful friend who gave it to me. I sure do miss smelling this.

candyaddict
candyaddict

I really like this when first applied. There's either too much patchouli or pink pepper. It becomes a little too spicy for me.

balzac
balzac

Chance is very unique mysterious perfume, but not a "rolling in the deep" dark mystery. It's a lighter scenario with depth and is constantly moving.

The deeper notes, (pachouli & amber) are masked and hidden very well but they do allow their presence to be known.

The composition of Chance allows for the deeper notes to be fresh and wear on the skin mysteriously light without losing any potency. This is what makes this perfume strange, but in a wonderful way. A fragrance like this is very hard to find at this time in perfumery. Most that are composed and marketed today as light and fresh tend to lack the aura of anything less than "I'm in your face, I'm wearing perfume, I'm sweet, can you smell me?!!" and have very little to do with projecting any sort of immaculate tastes.

Chance is classy and sophisticated, BUT, It's more sexy than it is classy. It is more sexy than it is sophisticated. It is not a "what you see is what you get" sort of sexy, but rather a take your time and get to know me. It's a clean sexy. It's provocative in a clean manner and playful in the adult way, but it's never trashy.
The most "hot" perfume from Chanel, imo.

Light sprays are all that's needed.

fath1ma
fath1ma

I love this blending notes! Great sillage and longevity. Honestly I don't know how is pink pepper smell and looks like and I don't detect strong citrus as I see tne notes according to the fragranticas :)This scent is kind of sexy for me through...sensual character.
I'm not brave enough to blind buy for Chance. The price is very expensive even in the onlineshop. So I make sure I liked the fragrance first, of course my hubby also. Now I'm rearranging my spending money for next month lol.
How can a scent give me a deep feeling like Chance does ?

Anisa
Anisa

I donk know why a lot of people don’t like this because I love it, it smells sooo classy & unique, though the masculine notes come out abit strong I have nothing else against it, fyi I don’t have it I just smell it on a colleague, I think it has a long staying power cos I still smell it like at 4.00pm

goodcupoftea
goodcupoftea

i am not such a big fun of Chanel parfums, but this one is really increadible. Elegant and modern and smells expensive.Absolutely in love!

artsyrn
artsyrn

For me this is nothing special. I get a ton of pepper and almost a dirty scent that is mingled with some powder. It is way too masculine for my liking. Too many great frags to wear. I won't waste my time with this one!

BarefootContessa
BarefootContessa

My wedding day fragrance! It makes me think of a beautiful wedding cake - lemon pound cake with delicate citrus icing surrounded by beautiful flowers! Love this stuff! I have the edp, edt, body creme and satin. They're all wonderful.

alana.volskaya

i've always loved this. this was my first upper-end perfume and i used every drop of it - back in high school!!!!!

im 21 now and i miss it so much. ALMOST got it the other day but decided to give j'adore a shot instead. love j'adore but definitely still miss chance =]

my mom hates the smell, so its definitely not for everyone. if you like it though, i dont think ull find anything quite like it.

debze
debze

So disappointed with Chance. I really wanted to like it having had Coco Mademoiselle which was quite nice. However, I can't get away with Chance at all, I keep being reminded of baby powder. I'm not sure which note I'm picking up here but I can't get past it.

MademoiselleMimi
MademoiselleMimi

I like it. I like Coco Mademoiselle better. This fragrance has a lot of patchouli in it, which is not my favorite scent, since I grew up with hippies and don't need to be reminded of those who think they can get away with not bathing as long as they douse themselves in patchouli. ;)

What saves this fragrance is the addition of pink pepper and jasmine. This perfume is a bit too "perfumy" for my tastes, and in my opinion, lacks a distinct personality, but I definitely don't hate it. I might even wear it, if I were in the mood. I would still advise anybody who likes this one to try Coco Mademoiselle instead. Much cleaner, fresher, more upscale -- less hairy underarms and tie-dyed curtains in a VW van. :)

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

This is refreshing, but still feminine. A blend of citrus, dry patchouli and a dash of pepper with a hint of vanilla and a watery floral note, grounded in vetiver. It's really quite interesting how it's sweet yet fresh and yet quite deep too. I like it, a great summery fragrance. Uplifting and full of life.
And on me this is nothing like Coco Mademoiselle, which I actually really dislike. It does however remind me of a streamlined and less sweet Miss Dior Cherie.

Raquel73
Raquel73

Well,I like it very much.For me is summer fragance,very elegant,not soo sweet.For me is perfect for summer,but light for winter, I would like more sillage.Long lasting is good.

TheAlyssaVega
TheAlyssaVega

How to describe Chanel Chance...I really don't know how doing it well cuz it so multi-faceted.
Chanel Chance - it's your personality.
Chanel Chance - it's when you came in and all people around knows that are YOU who came.
Chanel Chance - it's a fragrance of confidence, beauty and love. Elixir of good mood.
If a girl will wear it on a date she doomed for a success. And even thing goes wrong, a girl in Chanel Chance stays in his memory for long. He will seek the same girl-fragrance over and over but will never find. Cuz once again Chanel Chance - it's your personality which never repeat itself.

alia.abdallah
alia.abdallah

Chance is the best perfume ever...have been using it for 4 yrs...everytime i let it go,i have to buy it again and again...very sexy and elegant

Camilla91
Camilla91

Words can't describe how much I love this perfume! It's classy, sexy and fresh, what else could a perfume need? If I could have only one perfume, CHANCE would be there for me <3

pomdgf
pomdgf

I prefer wearing in the night cause my country is a hot climate so use in daytime quite stronger but in the evening or night so perfect. Love musk bomb in this fragrance. Could it be sweeter ?

Miss Anastasia
Miss Anastasia

Great parfume for everyday use. I put it on before I go to work and it's perfect- very classy, not too strong, elegant. It's a miss though if you are trying to complete a sophisticated look.

HilaryAppleFace
HilaryAppleFace

I grew up smelling this fragrance on my aunt who I love dearly. It has always been hard for me to pinpoint notes in the fragrance. I've always likened this perfume to smelling like a dried bouquet of flowers that have been locked away in a spice cabinet. I'm not so sure how appealing that sounds to most people, but I find the fragrance to be very comforting and sophisticated. It's one of the few young fragrances that isn't all about pink berries and vanilla.

msecox
msecox

I always use to wear Coco and loved it. After going through a divorce, I found it hard to wear that fragrance anymore as it reminded me of my marriage so I had to find something new in the Chanel line.
When I tried Chance, I felt it to make me feel alive again! That I could take "Chances" again even though the word meant "Luck". I knew at that point I had changed in a positive sense. The fragrence to me smells like heaven. It is very light but after putting just the slightest spray into my hair when it's wet the fragrance stays with me. I've had a lot of compliments wearing it and intend to continue:)

pefrumeaddict101
pefrumeaddict101

Wonderfull stuff! Strong but not heavy, fresh, stunning, indulgent. I always feel a million dollars when I wear this, one of my all time favorites. Great for evening wear really, but I cant resist it any time of day! Simply one of the best.

iivanita
iivanita

this is for people who dont take chances :) its so ordinary and citrus notes become unbarable to me....that it smells cheap! boring boring, very boring---other versions of it are bit more likable

amberose
amberose

I love this! received today for xmas, made me feel fresh, sexy and classy all day. It does smell across between coco mademoiselle and miss dior cherie but it works, a bit like having the best of both worlds. I am not normally a fan of sweet florals or patchouli but I just adore this. I live in New Zealand and we had a scorching hot xmas day and this never felt overpowering or cloying even though there was an aura of warmth emanating from this fume, love love love!!!

alana.volskaya

its similar to chanel mademoiselle, but more citrusy. also reminds me of miss dior cherie [2005] but dior has some kettle corn on top.. i love both, and have mademoiselle as well.

also, be careful buying dupes or multiple fragrances in general because they expire around the third year...

CHOCAHOLIC
CHOCAHOLIC

Having tested both COCO MLLE EDP and CHANCE EDP as a sample, I have to say that as much I find Coco Mlle alluring and irresistible, I do not like Chance. It's not so feminine or unique, and this peppery essence seems appalling. I've been let down by this one.

finzi
finzi

I echo what others have said - nicely blended, with no one note vying for attention above any other. A lovely soft, subtle vanilla tone on the base.

I am surprised to see so many others reporting excellent projection - this stays very close to my skin and after 4 hours my boyfriend had to press his nose to my neck to pick up the scent! His verdict, when he could smell it was "Doesn't shout 'Buy me!' but it's alright I guess". Hmmm.... Not really the reaction one wants! :-)

Whilst this is very pretty it's not really to my taste. I want something more distinctive, more opulent, more long-lasting, more everything!

Tovah
Tovah

Chance stops people in their tracks to ask me what I'm wearing. The compliments never end. This is a gorgeous, easy to wear, sexy fragrance that I never tire of wearing.

Decodawn
Decodawn

Crisp, like a well pressed shirt, green and fresh.

misskaylapaige
misskaylapaige

This perfume is the perfume that gets me the most compliments of any perfume I've ever worn. Musky, sexy, and alluring. Men love it on me, I've been stopped several times by men who tell me I smell amazing and that I should never EVER wear any other perfume than Chance. Because it's strong I don't wear it on a normal day, but when I'm going out for the night or to some fancy occasion, chance is my go to!

venclips
venclips

I love this CC!! It is warm, sweet, elegant and feminine. You can wear it on any occasion party or office, anytime day and night, any season winter, spring, summer and fall. But it can't be wear by anyone. I think, teens are not going to like this fragrance. This perfume is suitable for women aged over 25 years. Longevity is wonderful, i spray it on my skin at night and the next day I can still smell of the perfume. Everything was perfect, it's just too expensive.

sofababe
sofababe

Similar to Mademoiselle, I have both and actually prefer Chance.

Sweet, feminine and slightly lighter and more mature than CM, more suitable for warmer seasons.

I applied at 9am and it was still present (no reapplying) at 7pm when I took a bath. I can still smell it emanating from the laundry hamper, where today's shirt is now. Next time I'll be a little lighter.

SheShe
SheShe

I got it as I gift and dislike it. Honestly-I'm not a fan of Chanel, I don't feel comfortable wearing these fragrances. They're so perfect in creation, well balanced but they don't match with me somehow. Maybe because when I was wearing Coco Mademoiselle or Chance I saw a woman on high heels in an elegant jacket and a skirt, wealthy, in a big city, all perfect and that's not me? ;)

Anyway, Chance is another Chanel's fragrance made of excellent ingredients and it somehow doesn't make me in love with it. It's an interesting fragrance, but too much patchouli and vetiver in it makes me dislike it (these notes don't wear well on me), besides I can detect pineapple, lemon, hyacinth, musk and iris the most, not much vanilla. The sillage is great, so is longevity (I'm writing about an edp version atm). I'm not much into chypre fresh florals, so when it comes to patchouli, I'd rather stay by Van Cleef&Arpels's Oriens.

filiz
filiz

chanel chance is the parfume of quarter of this century.

happy,sexy,clean,classy ....

You may find anything you are looking for a parfume.

amymflynn
amymflynn

This has been my fragrance since I was in college -- I've tried to switch it up, but the fragrance is connected with so many experiences. I absolutely love how the scent matches with my body chemistry. It is light and whimsical. That being said, I have smelled it on someone where the scent just did not match her body and it wasn't pleasant. The perfect light scent...if your body cooperates! :)

Soetkoekie
Soetkoekie

My first bottle, bought in the UK, was fabulous but a bottle brought back from Duty Free in NY just didnt smell right, totally put me off and have never worn it since. The NY version smelt like washing left in the machine for days and forgot to tumble dry and had a plastic smell - very synthetic after a it had dried.

neferteria
neferteria

I bought a fairly generous size of the parfum and am wearing it today. While I understand the appeal of Chance to younger women, it is also quite suitable for those of us of a certain age. It is adding a very lovely bright element to the grays that I am wearing today, and I can imagine wearing it in the cold winter months to come. It is not overly heavy, as so many "winter" fragrances tend to be. And it has incredible lasting power. I imagine that the sample of the parfum that I have will last a good while as I needed but a drop or two to scent myself. This would be a good office or more casual everyday scent, but it can also go out for the evening. I likely will not wear it in the warm weather months as I prefer woodsy florals for that time of the year. All in all this is a "nice" and not too demanding fragrance.

EauSensuelle
EauSensuelle

Chance by Chanel is a delightful, young and a feminine-but-masculine woven together in a haze of vanilla. The perfumer for the fragrance is Jacques Polge. I found this recently in the Delhi Duty Free while I visited the city and bought a 100ml EDP straight away. There’s a story behind this fragrance and my liking for it:
When I was studying in Exeter, UK, I went to St. Sidwell’s school. A teacher named Penny Carvill used to wear this scent and it suited perfectly with her body chemistry. But then, I was like in the third grade, and did not have the pluck and courage to ask her the scent of her day.
After many days of researching, I incorrectly concluded that the scent she was wearing was Dior’s Midnight Poison, another feminine-but-masculine scent. So Midnight Poison became my favourite.
After returning from my recent visit from Thailand I saw the tester for Chance, by Chanel. I knew it was a perfume with a great reputation and was very popular. So I took a sniff from the atomizer.
The realisation crashed upon me, the perfume she wore was never Midnight Poison, but it was Chance, by Chanel. My liking pushed me to make it my signature scent and Midnight Poison my second favourite.
Sweet pineapple wrapped and woven with a haze of vanilla, a garnish of pepper and iris absolute, and the touch of elegance provided by the aura of patchouli. Here’s your Chance. Seize it.

Airdna
Airdna

A lot of people say that Chance smells similar to Coco Mademoiselle, but I don't get the similarity at all. Chance is a sweet agreeable young thing, CM is an edgy headstrong lady.
To me, Chance has a dupe in Victoria's Secret Very Sexy For Her 2, although not identical, they are very similar and both have the sweet, young and hip feel to it.

po
po

Chance was my first Chanel. Definitely the youngest of them all. I have been using the edt 4 years now (I got my second 50ml bottle a few months ago) which is less sweet and more light and citrusy than the edp.

Chance is a fragrance for a young lady. This girl is done with teeny-boper scents but hasn't reached the sophistication level that Coco requires. Feels energizing, more playful than seductive but in a classy way. I mostly use it for nights out but it can also add a touch of glamour in your day.

The top motes of lemon, pineapple and pink pepper feel almost festive. The flowery heart with hyacinth and jasmine remains light and pleasing and the drydown when patchouli dominates is the most sensual part. I love this transformation, keeps my nose interested and fascinates me every time. And it has very good lasting power.

Although it has a young feeling I think every woman can wear it when she feels like a naughty girl inside ;)

pippab
pippab

Chance is the perfume Amanda wore on the happy day she married my older son, Rory. I won $500 worth of perfume in a writing competition and this is the one she requested when I asked what she would like as a gift.

It's delightful and unique - just like she is. I find it to be deeper and more elegant than Coco Mademoiselle, which a lot of reviewers have compared it to. All in all, it's a very well balanced and beautifully crafted fragrance.

ION
ION

"Chance" is a perfume made for the younger audience!
It is playful and chic and very "comme il faut", somehow adventurous but not risky at all.
While different to "Coco Mademoiselle" (and a bit inferior, I must say) it leaves the same impression to a person's memory.Frankly, if in a rush, one might easily mistaken the one to the other!
So, this is a case where we have two different perfumes from the same house essentially accomplishing the same work.
Of course I am in no position to know whether this was done deliberately or by chance, but I prefer to check the perfume's name to get my answer..
By Chance! ;-)

Vicky09
Vicky09

I LOVE this perfume, my mom gave me this perfume a few years ago and I keep buying it, it's really chic and my boyfriend loves when I use it, so that definitively a plus.

princess27
princess27

this is a MUST HAVE perfume !!
absolutely!!!
goes in the day time and works in the night also,every season of the year too!

poivrerose
poivrerose

This is a wonderful concoction! I clearly remember the day this plucky scent lured me across the department store. It literally tickled my nostrils into giddiness. I absolutely L O V E the pink pepper in this. It is perfect. For me Chance is mostly pink pepper, patchouli, and pineapple - a strange combination, but so right on. Fresh sweetness, rough pepper, and fuzzy patchouli edges. It gains a beautiful musky quality as it wears which softens it out in the long run, but it still maintains that perfect pepperiness. It has Fabulous sillage and lasts for ages (EDT). This is definitely for a spunky and confident lady. It oozes positivity. Love it. Big smiles for Chance. Positively Effervescent. Watch out though because the bees also seem to love this one!

natefifield
natefifield

A fabulous Russian woman from my office came bounding into work trailing this scent. When I asked what it was, she said happily, "chance" in perfect French pronunciation.

"Chance," a perfect name for a delightful, optimistic perfume. Pineapple is such a sweet and indulgent scent, but Chanel subdues it with the pink pepper and vetiver. Chance adds a sophisticated French fruity scents that are so popular these days.

jodee
jodee

This is pretty much the twin of Guess Gold. When first applying, I thought, this is Guess Gold in a different bottle. I have both scents and to my nose they are very similar. Probably because they share so many of the same notes. The vetiver in the scents are very similar. I believe GG is discontinued but no worries as Chance is definitely a worthy replacement:).

vanillafreak
vanillafreak

Chance was my first "grown up" perfume,and also my first "real" perfume.Got it as a birthday gift from my bf, because i loved this scent ever since it first came out. Never been a floral perfume type of gal' , but this one got me. It's fresh, elegant more on the chic side, definitely for day,it's a feminine scent, definitely refined , but not too elegant. It can be casual, like for classes or work etc.
Pepper is noticeable in the beginning, a hint of pineapple and flowers, then citruses, and the finish is mild musk.
It has an ok lasting power, though not as good as i would've wished. All in all, it's an ok scent on my skin, i get noticed wearing it, it is demure and a little quirky.
But it is a Chanel, and the standard is high, so all in all a great perfume to have in your collection.

TankGirl
TankGirl

Chanel Chance is a great combination of pineapple and patchouli. The top notes are fresh and bright, then the perfume develops to quite sour scent that reminds me of Mauboussin. I dont like this part that mutch but then my skin drinks the perfume even more and what I get is a subtle sweet scent, that is a more woody than fresh, and sweeter than sour.
In resume its a very chic and very young scent that goes mostly well with everything and every occasion. An also very good introducion to the house of Chanel like Coco Mademoiselle.
Tre Bien!

Sillage: Modest
Longevity: Great

sheida
sheida

I cant understand why everybody loves this perfume,I dont wear it but I have a friend who always wears this,and it smells like dirt cheap perfumes.I cant detect any note like all the notes are just mixed to make something,no matter what.

PrincessBellaLovesPerfume
PrincessBellaLovesPerfume

It's crisp and refreshing! I love mixing it with the very soft floral Princess by Vera Wang - I wear this in the daytime. I always get compliments on it.
Lasts forever on the skin!

olga1780
olga1780

So many people say its cloying...I have an EDP and don't find it overwhelming at all. Quite the opposite, it's very elusive and unobtrusive....one minute you think it's gone and the next minute you get this wonderful whiff, especially i love the metallic note in it. Very easy to wear.
I wouldn't say that the beauty of Chanel fragrances is overrated, you have to admit wheather you like them or not they are one of a kind....but they are definitely way overpriced.

kathrinaaguir
kathrinaaguir

I'm no fan of Chanel, but this one really surprised me, the scent is very nice nothing uncomfortable as No 5.
I do not think this fits on a young girl, according to me seems to be great for someone 25 +

mylancome
mylancome

Mom & I walk into Channel shop looking at perfumes, she recommend me this cause she like the smell of citrus. The opening seems light, i though it won't last. Surprisingly it is lasting after come back from shopping.

ajaeee
ajaeee

honestly, i wanted to like this perfume because everyone else loves it. i went into the beauty section of a shoppers drug mart, and sniffed it from the bottle.

it smelled sweet, and i figured that was a good sign. so i sprayed it on my wrist. bad idea.

i'm not a pro fragrance sniffer - i can't discern many notes from each other (working on it though!), so i'm terrible at describing this perfume's scent, other than that for me, this perfume was sweet and musky and cloying. i couldn't inhale it without my head hurting.

i did, however, wear it for almost 4 hours and i could still smell it pretty strongly, so it has quite astonishing lasting power. still, it's a shame i couldn't quite get into it as other people have.

Eaugirlspirit
Eaugirlspirit

I finally bought the bullet and splurged on a 3.4 fl oz beautiful bottle of the EDT. I only prefer to wear this during the day to work and so the EDT stays very comfortably on me in a light, fresh, not overly cloying way and I freshen up with a spritz or two in the afternoon with my purse spray. It's hands down one of the most fabulous all around fragrances out there and is beautifully balanced with just the right amount of spice and freshness and aromatic qualities to it. I am obsessed with patchouli right now and so this really gives me a patchouli fix without being a night perfume. This perfume is extremely uplifting- it wraps around me with its spicy and aromatic accord while at the same time being sweet and fresh. This is my fall-winter perfume for during the day. If you like this, you will probably like Burberry the beat, which I own as well, although it lacks the patchouli note which Chance carries perfectly.

miss-baksel1988
miss-baksel1988

I remember smelling it on a teacher and she smelled so good. I was affraid to ask her what perfume she was wearing but only a few weeks later I found it in a perfume store. It's very easy to wear, very elegant and fresh. Absolutely one of my favorites.

Jinha Yoo
Jinha Yoo

Th most important factor of selecting the perfume to me is whether it is versatile or not.

I am quite picky and strict about choosing the perfume.

I don't want to stand out that much but mingle with others.

In order to achieve the pupose, I need to select the fragrance which is intended for everyday use and suitable for becoming someone's unique signature scent regardless of ages.

DoveGrayismyfavoritecolor
DoveGrayismyfavoritecolor

As with most Chanel fragrances the aromas are always pleasant. But something is different this year (2011) with Chanel...it seems as if they have watered down their perfumes in the wake of the economic crisis. I found all of them weak and lacking in lasting power, especially no. 5 and Chance.
Chance really reminds me of those scented water splashes or teen body spray. Floral green apple wateriness is all I detected and my mother disliked it even more and she usually loves Chanel parfums. It really is a weak attempt at updating Chanel especially Coco Mademoiselle.
It is said to be the favorite and signature perfume of actress Anne Hathaway. A perfect match! loud, brash and immature but essentially vapid and pretentiously ugly whilst masquerading as something "pretty" and "special". This perfume is not of the quality of no. 22. Then again modern Chanel is not of the quality of Coco Chanel anymore. How sad.

bemaillard
bemaillard

Para mi es un perfume súper versátil, le va bien tanto al día como a la noche, además de ser muy sofisticado y sensual. ¡de mis favoritos!

RoRoSe
RoRoSe

I know most of us want to ask about the name ((chance)) ??.. I have the answer :

CHANCE = there's a CHANCE to create a little sis for the Unique CoCo madmoiselle ;)

YES, as others said here, this is 80-90% = CM ..
just add more Vetiver then mix it with a gentel touch of vanilla ..

The lasting power is amazing .. the perfume itself & the bottle are so elegant and young ..

finally I'll be so haPpy to add this to my collection since CM is one of my top 5 perfumes ever :)

sarazonoz
sarazonoz

How I wish my nose could get along with the great patchouli, present in many of the famous fumes such as No 5, Chance, Angel etc. But I just cannot take that sharp, upsetting note and it was only after buying Guerlain's Idylle (also full of patchouli) that I finally discovered this crucial fact about myself. I feel like a curtain has been lifted and I can see, sorry smell, clearly! I dislike patchouli! There, now it's out in the open..

KaraS
KaraS

I sprayed this one my wrist after smelling the bottle and a sprayed card. As soon as it was on, the only thing I could smell was green apple body spray. I gave it a few hours to morph and no other notes came out... Still apple body spray, but more faded. This perfume didn't last very long on me, and I was disappointed because I really wanted to like it!

TillyWave

Unfortunately, the name does not fit this perfume. It should be called "Madamoiselle's Fraternal Twin." Because 90% of this fragrance is a deadringer for Coco Madamoiselle.

The top notes are a tad more musky, and lacking the giant orange/bergamot of CM. The musk is very nice if you like that sort of thing. Then it turns into CM. The drydown is a bit more vanillic.

This is a great fragrance, but really--if you like/have CM it's not worth the bother. I love Chanel and I'm surprised that they would pull something like this.

Thandar
Thandar

This is my mom's favourite. I think it is old for me but i like the scent.It is classic,feminine,sophisticated and alluring scent.

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

Chance is fairly "safe" in its composition, so I guess that cancels its title out. The freshness of the pink pepper, citrus, and flowers combine to make a simple and happy scent. I appreciate the use of jasmine and iris, although both components are dialed down to an extraordinarily low setting. Like many Chanel masculines, Chance comes across as a little too formulaic and uninspired. There's absolutely nothing wrong with it - it smells delightful on the right woman (like my girlfriend). I'm not sure there's much else I can say in praise of it, though. It could use a wallop of civet or castoreum against a touch of rose. But I guess with Chanel's latest releases, there's no chance of that.

ericae772
ericae772

I love this perfume, I get compliments from everyone when I wear it. I wore it to my friends party and she wanted to go out and buy it right away. This is a unique scent to me and definetly a keeper.

mademoiselle-c
mademoiselle-c

I like this fragrance a lot. I first tried it out when I was 12 and got compliments from my teachers. I own a second bottle now, 8 years later, and it is still the lovely fragrance I remember. Very easy to wear. Good for when you are in a fresh mood - perfect for all seasons.

Anup
Anup

I was first introduced to this fragrance about a month ago at a local department store. The mistress wearing it seemed to glide across the floor in front of my eyes like a young apparition. I stopped her rather rudely, "What is that wonderful fragrance that you have on!!?!?!", I exclaimed, and to that she cheerfully answered with a "you don't know?!" sway to her face, "Chance....By Chanel!". I was spellbound ever since.
I now own a small decant (about 1ML).
When someone walks by with this applied is when it really violently explodes into it's beautiful bouquet! I ADMIRE the woman who wears this BOLD sensual offering from Chanel!
Something about this is very similar to coco Mademoiselle in my opinion. I can't quite place my finger on it, but, it doesn't really matter. They're both beautiful fragrances (i'll be reviewing mademoiselle soon).

The top:

Tart savory Pineapple working alongside earthy patchouli diligently creates a very "down to earth" sweetness. The pineapple i believe in this fragrance takes the place of that "generic" bergamot and or mandarin orange accord. Powdery/cool orris doesn't allow this fragrance to become too sweet and/or cloying. Hyacinth, oh hyacinth...I LOVE you in well made fragrances like this one, where you are able to shine with ALL of your moist springtime floridity!
Pink pepper offers up a "chewy" sweet vegetal vibe throughout the top notes.

The middle:

I get voluptuous soft jasmine paired with a saucy fuzzy peach accord. Just like the rest of the fragrance, complimenting themselves entirely. There is some lemon meat, along with orange zest, but it's buried VERY deep. Search hard and you may find it!

The base:

One would observe the notes and assume that the dry down is very AVERAGE, DO NOT BE FOOLED! The top and middle notes NEVER fade to nothing with this scent. Vanilla bean, white musk and...and...and VETIVER??!?! Yes Vetiver, it totally works, and completely organizes the savory sweetness with it's mealy/clean accords!

I approve

Smell: 10
Longevity: 9
Sillage: 10+

MissChanel
MissChanel

This one is like Chanel No 5 for a younger audience. And by younger, I do not mean that it's a sweet, fruity, flirty perfume. Rather, it's a sophisticated, classy, sexy (but not trampy) fragrance. Very elegant!

the sun
the sun

Strange and together interesting.Because first fifteen or twenty minutes looks like nothing good.But little by little this scent growing on the skin.And drydown is amazing,because playing double musk with patchouli,vanilla and vetiver.Long lasting and can be wearing at day time and night too.Again something nice from chanel.

freewimmy
freewimmy

Lovely smell initially. I've had lots of compliments whilst wearing this perfume. The only drawback is that it lacks staying power. When you pay £70.00 for perfume, you expect it to last..and it's the eau de parfum too not the eau de toilette!!Still, lovely if you don't mind reapplying during the day.

ojosverdes
ojosverdes

This was my first Chanel perfume, it represents me in every way, young (in my late 30's), energetic, sophisticated and sexy! It was love at first sniff. The commercial I love it's just full of life. This smells absolutely divine very fruity and refreshing I can detect pineapple and patchouli making it quite sexy. This is not overly sweet and has a masculine twist to it that I find appealing, the dry down is just captivating. I have to disagree with others since I find it quite in the style of Chanel since this is sophisticated and the quality screams Chanel.I have the EDT which is more delicate and easier to wear during the day. The EDP smells quite different more serious not as playful as the EDT. The citrus notes make it refreshing and sparkly youthful yet I don't see as a teen fragrance. I would recommend this fragrance to someone who is confident and stylish!

Inspire0111
Inspire0111

I was never much into this fragrance before, always thoughts it was too citrusy, God knows why (maybe I always tested the EDT which does have a citrusy openng).

Today I sprayed some of the EDP on my skin and I was almost going to die of shock. This actually is sooo similar to Coco Mademoiselle on me!! I even sprayed some CM on my other wrist to compare and yes - they were almost identical. CM is more rosy and a bit sweeter, but other than that they are pretty similar. Chance is not special or original by any means but it is very feminine and pleasant to wear. You could wear it any day for any occasion.

PS: I have this now and like it way better than Coco Mademoiselle (used to be exactly the opposite). Chance has a slightly spicy kick to it and gets better and better as it dries down (although technically it is not supposed to have a dry down as such - apparently the notes are supposed to come in and out all the time with no distinct 3-tier arrangement). Anyway, my problem with CM is that it tends to "thin out" in the dry down so all I can smell after a while is watered down sweetness. Chance on the other hand is fuller, with more body and substance to it and remains more complex all the way through. Love it at the moment :-)

bunny
bunny

It's joyful and pretty. Just enough floral to bring up the prettiness, but not all-over-the-place floral. What it does better than other perfumes in its type is that it adds a little bit of carelessness but does not go overboard.

I always think there are something magical about Chanel Chance's. And I think that Chance Eau Fraiche and Chance Eau Tendre, are above and beyond the original. In comparison, this original is a little bit cliched.

flowerbombhannah
flowerbombhannah

A "chance" to smell gorgeous! Opens with the exotic scents of pink pepper and rich hyacinth. Sways into the heart of fresh lemon and intoxicatingly sweet jasmine. Deepens into mystic musk and rare vetiver...situated in a magic forest with a peach-shaded sunset on the horizon.

The creatively unique story behind this perfume is this: Coco Chanel was somewhat superstitious. The perfume bottle symbolizes a round fortune wheel. The name is Chance meaning "luck" in French. Here's to hoping this perfume will be your "chance."

angeloftheNorth
angeloftheNorth

I agree that this is one refined perfume, that whispers of beautiful French boulevards on a spring day, when elegantly dressed French ladies walk their pooch and go by in a gentle waft of this lovely fragrance. It opens strongly on floral notes but soon settles into a fresh, rounded and uplifting sweetness that is very easy to live with. Pastel oyster pink is a good colour for the mood. It speaks of good taste and good breeding. It would be in place anywhere, just as good taste and breeding are.

juksi
juksi

I use to have one bottle of this like 6yrs ago n loved it back then....I got another one and suddenly dont like it anymore...gives me a headache and plus i think the fragrance is now too common.....im thinking to now buy a coco mademosielle

ujhb
ujhb

There is no pineapple scent at all... but this perfume is so good, so clean and powdery, hint of roses, woody and subtly sweet. It is heavily saturated with it's ingredients so one spray is enough.

This is too fresh-flowery and all-the-same for me. I think there are many fragrances currently out which smell like this . These fragrances are mostly inexpensive and in drugstores etc.

BlackSwan
BlackSwan

Chance..kind of fragrance that will make you grow..it has an ability to make you feel like the perfect beautiful lady you always wanted to be..it is very classy and so easy to wear at the same time..I dont like Coco Mademoiselle, i find it boring..but i love this one. Although i dont think it smells sexy. It just smells noble and stands out of crowd, because its high quality, especially concerning ingredients, speaks for itself.

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

Chance is a departure from Chanel's classics and I think this appeals to an audience wanting to wear the label but are after something less serious.

A nice fragrance with some similarities to Coco Mademoiselle which also leans more contemporary, but Chance is even more so with its floral fruity emphasis. Sweet yet tempered with patchouli that gives a nice, earthy undertone.

Although this doesn't really bear the classic 'signature', Chance is pleasant, bright, uncomplicated and appealing to the young at heart.

icekat
icekat

(This review is for Eau de Toilette)

Chanel’s CHANCE is a fragrance that I could never go wrong with. Elegant, polite and sophisticated, it always works for me no matter what the occasion is. The fragrance reminds me of a fine crystal with a simple but elegant construction, clear and precise lines and impeccable symmetry. There are no elaborate ornaments but the clarity of this scent feels relaxing and energizing at the same time. Somehow the focal point of this fragrance is always me, not the scent. It smells fresh, clear, transparent and modern but very sophisticated.

CHANCE opens with fresh and aromatic citruses mixed with the pink pepper. It is interesting that many mentioned a pineapple note. It is there but it is definitely not overripe or sweet one. The pineapple note smells fresh and light. I also get light patchouli note right from the start. I love how patchouli is used in this fragrance. It gives nice accent to the top, heart and bottom notes but NEVER overpowers the other notes. The heart notes are transparent and light jasmine, iris and hyacinth. The dry down is a mix of woody vetiver and patchouli with just a hint of vanilla.

The sillage is great but I normally reapply the scent during lunch and dinner as the dry down gets a bit light with my skin chemistry. I definitely recommend this scent.

orchid_84
orchid_84

There's something about this fragrance I love....it's fresh, spicy, woody and floral all at the same time.

I can smell vanilla in this, but it's not overly sweet. The dominant notes to me are the fresh citrus, spicy pink pepper and heavy, gorgeous woods and patchouli.

I would agree that this fits into a somewhat similar fragrance category as Coco Mademoiselle, but I don't think they smell anything alike.

I have the EDP version of this fragrance, and it is incredibly strong (both in its staying power and sillage), so one or two sprays is more than enough for the whole day. Chance is rich, fresh, and classy....a definite fragrance love for me!

Emerald2010
Emerald2010

I have worn Chance Chanel for the past five-years and I love it. I only ever wear Chance in the winter though because it is such a potent fragrance. I don't have many perfumes, i've tried many but it takes me years to find ones that I genuinely love enough to make part of my collection. Chance is a true member of the Floral group however its sweetness prevents it from being over-the-top flowery. The pink pepper, citrus and musk tone down the flowers and make it and incredibly warm and inviting scent. Chance is definitely not for everyone as every perfume mixes with a persons body chemistry differently.
9.5/10 (It is simply to potent for the warmer months)

HeavenlyScent
HeavenlyScent

The most overrated fragrance of all time. I have tried many many times to enjoy it and it just doesn't work for me. Obviously just my chemistry I suppose. For that amount of money, it just isn't worth it for such an average scent.

cattyroig
cattyroig

I LOVE THIS PERFUME !
especially the base note ! its just amazing !
i think i will use it forever !
but its abit too strong to wear at the day time.
i just in love with this perfume ! my fav perfume ever !

arimegahot
arimegahot

me encanta!! es un perfume fresco, huele a perfume de hombre al principio y algo fuerte(como el tommy hilfigher), pero despues se vuelve muy chic, limpio y elegante para una chica de 18 a 30 o 35 queda super bien!! se puede sentir a ratos la nota de piña. por lo regular no compraria un perfume que comienza casi con olor a perfume de hombre, por que me gustan los perfumes frutales, pero lo compre si haberla olido y me alegra mucho. considero que incluso se puede usar e noche y queda super bien en una noche fria.

Sissi
Sissi

Chance is a younger and more vibrant sister of the Chanel Sisters sweet and a bit sassier then of the more
reserved iciness of Chanel no 5's and the Les Exclusives
series Opens in my opinion a sweet vanilla gourmand or
to be placed in the oriental vanilla category The interplay of Pineapple and Vanilla is sort of a break
of the usual routine of cold Aldehydes and crisp green
notes that is a trademark of a Chanel Perfume;
Chance is a like breath of fresh air A fragrance for a
Chic and independent young Woman who wants to have fun
without being childish The drydown turns spicy with
pink pepper Lemon adds a zesty touch, Hyacinths and Irises changes Chance to a Metallic with a cloying
factor which can be Overwhelming The finishing is sweet and woodish opens with sweet patchouli lies
against patches of diluted musk Vetiver closes
Chance with nuances of dry Woods,

Chance is a Luminous beauty glows with a inner youth
and positivity that invites us in it's realm.

whiten
whiten

I agree, it is a nice perfume, especially for young ladies. but it's too peppery for me. I like it, but it is like everybody used and/orknows it. not unique enough..

seaofghosts
seaofghosts

I've had this for the last 6 years so I'm getting a little tired of it but it's still a beautiful perfume. It was my staple. I have fond memories of it because it reminds me of my mother. Not because she wore it but it was the first perfume I got from her when I was about 19/20. I think it's suits women around that age as it's very light and flowery, not powerful and harsh, yet it has just the right amount of elegance that someone in their early twenties is looking for.

sadie2006plo
sadie2006plo

i like this more than most other perfumes. when one hears about chanel perfume they think of decadence and feminine scents. This certainly does not disappoint. It is a younger perfume as opposed to the no.5. I am very glad that chanel has created a younger style for the newer generations to enjoy!

SenecaWhite
SenecaWhite

This one is ok. Very citrusy, bright, and fresh. It reminds me a lot of Tommy Girl, just a higher quality of course. Nothing really to write home about.

Vamy69
Vamy69

I cannot stand the first 20 minutes of this perfume. The pink pepper and pineapple notes are almost too much to bear and very sharp. After the initial shock of this and the dry down occurs it becomes quite pleasant. I would love this if the initial shock factor of the citrus/pepper would just take a hike and it would move right to the dry down! I don't hate it but I am not in love either. Kind of on the fence with this one.

melbritt24
melbritt24

seductive, sexy, intoxicating, inviting! Notes of pink pepper and patchouli in the opening...soft musk and slight vanilla in the dry down. Definitely for mature and classy ladies!

This is one fragrance that I can't wait to add to my perfume wardrobe!

noorabbas
noorabbas

this is one of the few perfumes that I had really loved! not liked or felt comfortable with but loved! I am not a citrus lover at all or a chypre lover but chanel makes you wear things you wouldn't think you will! when I first sniffed it I said :well not my type at all.. but when I arrived home I had completely changed my mind and kept saying :Oh I've got to have it, I must have it! and so I did..I'ts alligant, fresh, optimistic and devine! and the dry down! who thought that such a loud lively joyful opening would lead to this peaceful, charming, and dreaming scent! and it last and last! well again : thanks CHANEL!

smellynich
smellynich

its not a femenine pineapple its a masculine pineapple (a boy pineapple) and lots of pepper..first spray you will get a fresh peppery note with a hint of masculine pineapple and then it dries down to a slightly sweet elegant femenine smell.

Lady Love
Lady Love

Pineaple Delight! .

Chance Edp is crisp and fresh but manages to be warm at the same time. Is clean but strong enough to have an impact. Edp is richer and has more vanilla warmth than edt. You should try it on first, it's one of those scents where it's either going to compliment your body chemistry or not.

On me, it lasts all day! If you spray too much you wouldn't take off this perfume. However a dab here and there and the effect is sublime. I think that you will find a lot of similarities between Chance and Coco Mademoiselle.

Classy and Sophisticated!

aseedat
aseedat

chance is what channel embodies - edgy classy femininity. chance is for a somewhat younger audience than other more traditional chanel fragrances. it is however mildly temperamental. Paired with jeans, stiletto's and a soft feminine pussy bow blouse - its a winner. it's all those things you need from a fragrance when you're halfway between boardroom chic and weekend dinners with you bff's...

jellybeantree

Cloyd42 I have the same problem with this perfume, chemistry is everything, and there is something off! I smelt it on a friend it it was so great!! Too bad....

cloyd42
cloyd42

Not a chance with me? This was a disappointment to me. I can't tell if the pepper and pineapple are an unfortunate combination or if this is one of the more artificial pineapple scents I've ever encountered. The florals seem to be nice but everything is buried under this off note. Oh well. Live, learn, sniff.

Fragrance
Fragrance

Hmm..From this I can smell only the pepper note and it's too overpowering...can't get the Fresh, Feminine, Elegant feeling out of it....have to say "NO" to this one..:(

madge369
madge369

I have been wearing this perfume for 9 years now, and it's defintely my signature scent.I love it the same as I did when I first smelt it.It's extremely wearable all year and good for day and evenings.
My Family, friends and colleagues seem to like it on me too!
I love opening my wardrobe and still being able to smell the fragrance on my jumpers!
Chanel rarely gets it wrong and this one is definitely me. Chance is It will stay with me for a long time!!!!

princesshegab
princesshegab

this is beautiful. I recieved it as a gift and its the most perfect thing ever. I love this. I feel so strong and sophisticated when i wear this. It might be abit intimidating though.

Contessa01
Contessa01

A very popular perfume amongst the under 40 crowd, you smell it everywhere. I never had a bottle but I sprayed it the other day and was asked by a sales assistant in the next shop 'are you wearing chanel chance?' then I got home and my sister said 'you're wearing chance, I love that one'. While it seems that everyone wears this it doesn't stop it from being a masterpiece and I plan on soon getting my own bottle and hope I can find a way to wear it as originally as possible!

I like this Chanel, but I feel it's too young for me. I think you need to be under 30 to wear this well. I definitely caught the pineapple in the opening, which I loved. The scent morphed into a light and pleasant floral, and then it morphed again into a sweet and fruity vanilla. Coco Mlle has the same fruitiness, but it's a bit more mature, so personally I will stick with that one. But I really enjoyed Chance through and through. Too bad I'm not 21. Me so sad.

Theheartoftheflower
Theheartoftheflower

Very beautiful fragrance - it's supposed to be a perfume for younger women but it's not so candycotton sweet as many of those perfumes are and it's very classy. It's crisp and heavy at the same time. The bottle is very stylish too - I think it would be one of my favourite perfumes if it would just last longer on me (I own the Eau de parfum and tried the eau de toilette too - which seems to fade on me 5 minutes after I sprayed it on).

mediterranean
mediterranean

The woody drydown is perfect for those early summer mornings. Refresing and conservative at the same time. Not only for young people, my gandmother loves it.I find it more intriguing than Coco Mademoiselle and more woody too.

guest_ChanelLover
guest_ChanelLover

My favorite perfume. Even my boyfriend loves it on me. Smells sexy and classy. I get compliments whenever I'm wearing it. Even the ETD lasts long. I use it on the morning and can still last til the end of the day. The best perfume ever!

aquila_2009
aquila_2009

Hi.

A man walk past you and turn around walk back to you and say:I think i am in love what are you wearing?Your smells wonderful and you say it is CHANCE BY CHANEL.Yes a definite attention getter. It is a sophisticated youth. Elegant,Sparkling,Exciting, Cut,Romantic,Addictive,Irresistible and Enchanting.

It is vividly bright in the opening as pineapple is more dominant here then soft floral notes by jasmine and clean and sweet base notes evoke the airs of a delightful young coquette.It gives wearer feeling that is Slight but Attractive and this is Unique part this one for me.

This Lovely CHANEL is perfect for the Warmer months.It is versatile as it can be used for Everyday as well as Intimate occasion.It is also Ideal for Wedding.Anyway If you are a young lady(between 20/30 years old)and looking for a fragrance with a delicious composition this is a Great Choice but i prefer MISS DIOR CHERIE!

Sillage?Noticeable.

Longevity?Great on my skin.

7.5/10

romrom
romrom

I love this one !!! but its not for the office or every day , its a very sexy fresh fragrace with a lot of class.

Manya2
Manya2

Fruity, slightly aquatic, musky, warm - it's true that the idea of Chance is very similar to Coco Mademoiselle.
However, I find Chance less provocative, a much tamer, softer scent. If Coco Mademoiselle is the perfect evening perfume (sequin mini-dress), Chance is the perfect companion for every day (elegant yet comfy cashemire). I wouldn't say no to a bottle of this scintillating scent.

SugarBABE
SugarBABE

I Love Chanel!!Fresh,clean,chic,elegant,sexy,attractive, wonderful to the last drop...Good for any occasion and best in fall-winter time!!!

guest_NicolaS.Bree
guest_NicolaS.Bree

Mmm, what an explosion! And yet, Its an "unfold" of Chanel-Concoction! Truly masterful. My friend wore this scent and I always liked to "BREATHE" in the smell! I trailed after her hoping to give up my high horse and ask her what it was!
After a few months, I found out it was Chanel Chance...
It is a true scent, and deserves the $80 Dollars. We only live once!

Nicole..

pshycogirl-81
pshycogirl-81

A masterpiece! it surprises you by giving different notes during the day, it stays subtle elegant and mesmerizes your senses... I´m very fond into it lately and wear it quite often and always recieve compliments by men and women. I do interact with all kind of people given the fact that I`m a flight attendant. i would recommend it to every woman that wants to feel confident sexy and elegant! good sillage for an EDT but for an evening out I always switch to Chance EDP,it has more depht to it, such a piddy it´s so hard to find this version nowadays.

jasmine51
jasmine51

This is a sophisticated floral which starts off pleasantly sweet and settles into a subtle creamy spiciness. Its very nice and classy. Good for any event in which you have to dress up. I have found that men love this scent. This is definately an adult scent, but suits a young woman as well as a mature woman.

Nicole79
Nicole79

I Love Chance !
My sister had it years ago when it first come out , in edt version and i loved it on her !
I remember i wore it one day bf going to shopping and when we entered this shop the sales lady ask us what is the name of the perfume ??!!!
I find Chance to be one "Happy " fragrance , very up lifting , Refreshing, feminine , not girly , evan if it has that bubble - gum smell a bit , it stills smells expensive , original and chic , like a true Chanel ;)

This is not a lady like or elegant perfume ,like Coco for example , but more youthfull ,airy, sunny , perfect for the office ,spring- summer , wedding or a coktail party !
Love it ****

Ps . the advertising ( pictures only ) it's just perfect , it really suites the fragrance and the bottle also !

DriHonne
DriHonne

I love this scent. It starts fruity, then develops to a flowery smell and settles down woody and sweet (vanilla, maybe...)but not overwhelming. The lasting power in my skin is great: more than 8 hours.
I save Chance and Tendre Poison for special occasions. Wonderful scent!!

Passionflower
Passionflower

I'm sorry to have to say this, but I really really dislike this smell. I tried the EDT. It started off quite nice and fresh at first, but then it changed into this heavy overpowering obnoxious cloud of nastyness surrounding me. I had to wash it off, but it took ages to get rid of it. Maybe it's the musk or the hyacinth that got to me, I don't know. Only positive thing about it is the staying power. But hey, that's only my opinion, if you love it, you love it.

Belle de la nuit
Belle de la nuit

Zero moment. That's what CHANCE is to me...that anticipation of great good fortune. A time when things are pure and sweet. Excitable, happy, almost an intoxication of bliss...it illicits all of these emotions.
It seems almost disrespectful to break CHANCE down into its
components...pineapple,lemons, vetiver , patchouli...of course they are present, but the composition is a genius blast of joy.
CHANCE is CHANEL... a head turner, a work of wonder, a masterpiece...

Catbiscuit

(EDT review) In a determined effort to work out why this smells so good to other reviewers and just smells to me like fairy floss (cotton candy to you Nth Americans) I have braved the carnival clowns again today.

The opening is very pineapply, quite green and peppery and soaked in Patchouli. The iris and hyacinth should be adding some powdery depth or earthiness here but they don't. With vetiver, jasmine & a double dose of musk truly Chance should have enough body to to save it from itself.

Yet it is such a sugary pineapple confection water with an unappealling sweet patchouli garnish.

Hmm, I think I preferred it when I dismissed it as carnival fodder.

elusivek
elusivek

At first this comes off as almost a single note. It's not, but I really get pepper w a hint of patchouli.

At first I was neither here nor there about it but the pepper is constant, nearly becoming too much in a short time. At this point it starts to transform to earthy and almost masculine.

However, just then, the floral appears, softens the pepper (thankfully!), and it's like a whole new animal.

It's a light floral tempered with musk (not so much that you can pick it out but enough to balance it), with a very faint remnant of spice and earth with a bit of sweetness.

The floral aspect does come off as just the slightest bit cloying. I could probably get past the initially too strong pepper OR the slightly cloying floral and see if I could get it to work in the spring but not with BOTH those characteristics.

Casi
Casi

I was gifted a large bottle of Chance EDT. I tried it nearly a dozen times and while it is pleasant and wearable, I am not impressed. Recently, I decided to test the EDP. I needed to really give Chance a fair shot and 98% of the time, I do prefer an EDP over an EDT. Again, I found Chance to be wearable, at best. For me, Chance lacks character, that certain "wow factor" that would inspire me to wear it when I have so many other, far more worthy fragrances in my collection.

Chance EDT is a peppery citrus and it goes on slightly sharp. It is relatively linear. It never quite "unfolds" on my skin. I absolutely ADORE spiciness in my fragrances. Yet, despite the ample dose of pink pepper, Chance doesn't go spicy. Chance is rather dry with it's only sweetness coming from the citrus, some musk and a pinch of vanilla. Those things, I can appreciate. I was hopeful the EDP would impress me and change my opinion of this. Indeed, the EDP is smooth, balanced and fuller. In the EDP, I can detect the irus lending a nice powdery softness. Despite my appreciation for Chance EDP, I found that, in the end, Chance simply does not wear well on me. I could, however, imagine that it is quite lovely on the right person. Thus far, the only version of Chance that gels with my chemistry Eau Fraiche, (which is quite lovely)!

oj10065882
oj10065882

This is a very unique fragrance.I could smell the pink pepper,it is surprisingly sweet.I would wear this at a party or somewhere special.It smells so lovely,kinda creamy,sexy,and sweet,that's how I describe this perfume.

Catbiscuit

I found this to be sickly sweet. I liken it to fairy floss. You know it is not good for you, you try it anyway, it makes you queasy & you vow never to do it again (for fear your pancreas will pack it in) until stressful circumstances, such as carnival clowns, drive you to drown your horror any way you can.

This would be suitable for tweens only.

I would give it the first place in my top-list of fragrances that I don't like.

Sorry, but for its price I expected to get something more interesting. On me it smells nearly like a cheap girlish fragrance. Maybe without the hyacinth note I would like it more, because most of all I don't like how this note sounds in this fragrance.

In my humble opinion, all the fragrances by Chanel that were launched before Coco Chanel's death are much more better, because they smell more noble and more complex. Like Chanel №19, for example. As a person, who doesn't like citrus notes a lot, I even could hardly choose anything from fragrances by Chanel (especially, the most famous) that were launched later.

p.s. This fragrance definitely had no chance to stay in my perfume wardrobe:)

kugkng
kugkng

Finally I have it^^in EDT version.A warm lomony and peppery well-balanced of composition..a bit sweet mild and delicate powdery when it dry down suit all occasion and all year round wearing.

floszra
floszra

I had hated it until I smelled it yesterday. I totally changed my opinion... I don't know the reason but now I'm in love with the EDT version. It's unique, soft and elegant. A stunning fragrance. It's for real women with confidence.

The staying power is amazing too...:)

BEAUTIFUL!!!

orangepoppy
orangepoppy

DELEATED IN PROTEST
- Taking a stand against Fragrantica’s editing

Rouu
Rouu

OK..!! um not a Chanel fan at all..!! their perfumes just too masculine for me

today i got Chance and without tasting it, it was agift , and actually i was interesting :)

i've read alot of reviews about it but i have ready NO for Chanel fragrances , and i was surprised, i've heard alot that CHANCE is the best through Chanel base fragrances ..!!
at 1st sniff i know its not my line, but its good , rich, and perfume for strong lady..!! not girlish perfume at all!!
pink pepper, lemon at the top note ,but i cant define any pineapple note
the middle is citrus ,the the base note is STRONG with spicy musky,vanilla and the master is for VETIVER ..!!

lets say it wont be my favorite , but its strong perfume through my collection

CHANCE is CHANEL .. it declare Chanel's line in a clear way..!!

Chanel CHANCE seems to be intended for the same market as ALLURE (which I love) and is quasilinear as well, but somehow it doesn't measure up. My problem with this edp can be summed up in four p's: pink peppercorn plastic patchouli.

Somehow the pink peppercorn mingles with the patchouli and the musk to produce a plastic smell. I love patchouli, but here it really does seem to have the texture of an artificial plant, which will stay green until the end of time, adorned with finely ground pink pepper powder that crescendos all the way to the drydown, the four p's.

I won't say that I cannot wear CHANCE, but there are so many better choices out there. I certainly do not consider CHANCE to be a member of the illustrious chypre category. Not sure where this one falls. Perhaps it is sui generis: pink peppercorn plastic patchouli (I didn't get much pineapple...)

this doesnt smell like a really chanel for me, since all the allures, chance, all theirs version chanel seens to "vulgarize" its perfumes.... they smell cheap, doesnt say anything, all are "vulgars".. Chanel should have been very conservative with theirs fragrances and does not come alone with cheap, "youngers things" that made it so popular and for that reason cheap, "smell on everyone effect"... Their les exclusifs version are the best and the classical Chanel like: " NRO 5, 19, 22, Coco, Cristalle, Pour Monsieur, Antaeus, are their best....

BurningAcid
BurningAcid

eezepeeze, I have the same problem. But we are not alone. I thought at first that I have got an old sample or somehing, I´m going to sample this again, because I really like Chanel and just can´t believe that Chance smell like pee on my skin! I like all other Chanel perfumes beside this one!

eezepeeze

@little cooling...yes, perfumes smell different on everyone. One person's OMG, I love it! is another person's OMG, it's awful!...Just one of the things I love about fragrance is that it's such a personal expression.

Little Cooling

Maybe your skin and Chance don't match? I know a few, who have the same experience as u and it can really turn out to be a horriable scent. It can be 2 much, if peeps are not careful, using it. On me, it smells gorgeous. But again. Its so diffrent, how we all love or hate a perfume. I don't like Eau Fraiche, by Chanel, but many I know, love it.

eezepeeze

So, I know this is a really popular scent, but it is just not for me. I have a small sample vial. The first time I spritzed it, I had to take a shower. I honestly could feel my throat burning!

So, I jumped in the shower and could STILL smell it when I got out. If staying power is what you're looking for, this is it.

But, to me, this smells of just one thing...cat pee. Sorry to all you out there who LOVE this scent, but I just don't get it.

It's SOOOO strong. I can't imagine a situation that would warrant that kind of strength in a scent. People definitely know you're coming when you've got this on, that's for sure.

There must be something I'm missing abou this, but I haven't figured it out.

Little Cooling

This is one of those perfumes that I have a complex relationship with. When I first saw the commercial for it back in 2003, I was stunned. I couldn't wait to smell it and I dreamed about it alot. Finally I found it and spritz on heavy on my wrist. WRONG! As for many of the Chanel fragrances, this is heavy stuff, even that it is an edt. I got a splitting headace and hated it for almost a year or so. But I couln't get the bottle out of my head and I really wanted it. I tried it again and used it with light hand. I took a walk and sniffed my arm, after 10 minutes, 20 minutes...half an hour. It became more light and more floral and a bit spicy. I still thought it was heavy stuff for an edt. But I liked it. I bought a bottle and used it for a while. But I felt like it was the edt that was wearing me and not me wearing the edt. Then I left it for a while. And a few months later, I came across it again. I had almost forgot it. I tried it again and fell in love. It is so special and very Chanel like. Not like Bois des Iles or any other classics from Chanel. But I undestand why many love it or hate it. Its not a scent for everyone. I now have a 100 ml bottle and use it very lightly and when u do that, it become a beautiful scent. So many love it on me and some always think of me, when they smell it (and Bois des Iles) in the air. I do believe its and evening perfume. If u want to use it for daytime, then I recommend the showel gel and body lotion. Its still intense enough, to be smelled all day. Thats what i do, when I need it, for daytime. I only use the edt, coz I think its heavy enough to use and I can smell it, the morning after. The edp is gorgeous, but I have no desire to have it.

ilikethequiet
ilikethequiet

I'm testing a little sample of this perfume today and oh. my. goodness. It's gorgeous. I'm head over heels in love with Chance!

I smell warm pink pepper in the first minute or so of wear. Then pineapple: a fresh pineapple scent that's clean, not the sticky sweet scent of canned pineapple or pineapple juice. The top notes are uplifting and really delicious.

In the middle notes, jasmine blooms, softened by the iris. Chance gradually evolves into a soft, powdery, feminine floral that holds onto the freshness of the pineapple. The jasmine in here is light and soft. The middle notes are quite elegant; there's no heaviness to Chance- this is a perfume with a delicate touch.

As Chance dries down, the powder lingers softly, with a fresh sweetness that keeps the scent cheerful. I smell a crystalline patchouli and the warmth of white musk. Predominantly, though, I smell sweet, powdery amber and the crystalline patchouli. Actually, this is patchouli that I was hoping for in Dior's Miss Dior Cherie's dry down, but it never quite blooms on my skin in that perfume. In Chance, it's perfection. I can't stop sniffing at my wrist.

Chance is heavenly. It works beautifully with my chemistry. I positively adore it and wish I'd tried it years ago. I must get a full bottle of this elegant, feminine perfume.

lyndsey12
lyndsey12

I recently finished my bottle of chance and was neither disappointed nor relieved! I loved the fragrance at first, but became bored...
Great fragrance for those in twenties plus though, very classy smell, suits most occasions.

TakaBeata
TakaBeata

I very Like this scent. Is light, little sweet. So feminity....Very personality..
I like to feel the last note in chance. When I move and suddenly it appears.

Dark Curls
Dark Curls

ok so I just won a 35ml bottle of chanel Chance Parfum Extrait on ebay...I am soo excited! I remember liking how it smelled (edt), although I have never owned it. I hope I like the extrait too. I like that it's a spray. I will follow up with a review once I get it! I have not seen anyone review the parfum extrait version of chance yet.

Ile 007
Ile 007

I really loved wearing this wonderful perfume, I felt great :)and so did the ppl around me!
My friends, coleques, the taxi drivers...were like..wow! "wht are u wearing?? smels so great on u!" I was amazed of the effect this perfume had on ppl:)appreciated all the way!
Now I will get it again ! I used to wore it durin summer-autumn season! it was perfect for every ocasion!
My best friend said this was made for me:) and has a great lasting power :)

anhthu
anhthu

i really dont know why this perfume left no special impression on me. my mom doesnt like it either. it smells just so ordinary and not sexy, not sweet, not cool, even not romantic :( i regret buying this :( dont use this if ur under 30, lol

Lady Venomtongue
Lady Venomtongue

Can't agree more with dear Malegria member , a very lemony peppery one with drydown tainted by plastic , yet it does soften up by vanilla , musk & vetiver of the base, nontheless, having this lemony zest all through ,,,
i am a great citrus hater so my review could probably be biased against such scent , on the contrary if u are a citrus fan / lover u will most probably enjoy this remarkable classy elegant & dare to say feminine , daytime / night scent.
by the way , it doesn't actually stink to me but its not into my liking , additionally that sense of murky acidity & presenting plastic-like feeling is really bothersome / troublesome to me . its a matter of nose , body chemistry & tendincies. so if u really like / love it , just go for it with a passion ! ( assuring u its not offensive atall ).
Anyhow , loved extensively by Mother & sisters , Rejected severly by me ( apparently i am the ever Retro classic old berdie in here though havn't yet officially been 26 years of age,,, no problem ) .

hollycat
hollycat

On my skin this is just like Coco Madamosielle. Both pretty and warm and deep fragrances, but the similarity to me is uncanny. this is a good go to fragrance for times when you want to leave a good impression. Like an interview. I wouldnt use it for a night out. I would use it for work and day time use.

Victoria Regia
Victoria Regia

Contrary to many, I think this scent blossoms with warmer temperatures. In fact, my favorite season to wear it is the Summer. It is so fresh and vibrant it feels like cold water, which complements hot temperatures very well. This fragrance has a "bite", and it just feels a tad too sharp during the winter. Smells expensive and sophisticated, and I wouldn't call this "young", but "modern".

Shyn's Release
Shyn's Release

This is one of my favorite fragrances from Chanel next to Coco Mademoiselle and Allure.This is youthful playful with a hint of pink bubble gum.Notice the color of the box like a pink bubble gum color.Its girly but not ultra serious like all the other Chanel fragrances.

NatWeb
NatWeb

I was given this fragrance as a gift and it doesn't suit my tastes at all. I find it bland and unremarkable with absolutely no staying power - an hour after spraying it on I can barely smell it. Its inoffensive and polite but absolutely nothing out of the ordinary. I'm generally not a fan of the Chanel fragrances and this is no exception.

chocolat
chocolat

I have EDT for about 4 years now and my opinion about the fragrance changed dramatically during this time. At first it was way too powerful for my sense of smell and stayed in the boxed untouched for almost a year. I liked it but found it too special to wear during the day. Later i managed to put little amounts with dubbing on more points and i was captivated by the fragrance. Now it stays only for some special occasions and i love it more and more. It is bold and fresh at the same time, starts juicy and later on transforms to a mellower aroma of pineapple and flowers with the special Chanel touch. It has good staying power on me and makes an aromatic cloud around me. I wear it more during the colder period, but it is all-year-round type of perfume. This year compared it with the newer version,which seemed to me somehow weak and boneless and I will never replace my original perfume for it.

Szonja
Szonja

I've got it for christmas 2 years ago, and it cost a fortune for my mum, but didn't worth the money I think.
It has the typical "Chanel-esque" aroma, but in a more lightsome way and I think this is the problem. I used it only for more special occasions , because it smells expensive, thats OK, but wasn't going well with my chemistry, so some months ago I swapped it.
The bottle is sophisticated, but after putting it a few times in my bag, the metal ring got rusty, the upper silver coat worn down... since when saves Chanel on the quality?

Ah, yes, and the woman in the video is uglier than sin... she is the so-called ideal "Chanel-woman"?

preciouspetal
preciouspetal

To be honest, i don't think it's anything to rave about.
At first it smells a bit medicinal, and then it just seems to evaporate into nothingness.
It just doesn't last and it certainly doesn't smell like an expensive scent.
Chanel #5 is utterly gorgeous and the best, the others just don't quite cut it.

chanteuse
chanteuse

Such a euphoric perfume! So beautiful and rich. I smell pineapple immediately and then irises and vanilla...how does something so vibrant and fresh smell so classy. I receive so many compliments when wearing 'Chance'. It is such an untypical Chanel, yet typically french...perfection in every moment.

clairdelune
clairdelune

Though I've worn this frag for more than a year now (a hand-me down from a friend), I'm still very much on the fence with this one.
It's a very schizophrenic fragrance (or is it me who's the schizoid here?).
I've read the other reviews that call it "harsh," "acrid," "sharp," "unrefined," and I think YES! Down with Chance - it is all those things!
And then I read other reviews that say it is "warm," "beautifully spiced," "subtly sweet," "modern," and "sophisticated" and again I think YES! I adore you Chance--you're all that and so much more!
I don't think I've ever been so uncertain for so long about a perfume. Ah what the hell, guess I'll give it yet another...Chance.

thelaurenator
thelaurenator

I hate this scent. Its opening is extremely harsh and acrid-- VERY uncharacteristic for Chanel fragrances, which are usually so artfully blended and composed. Not so with this one. This one smells like a cheap, modern department store fragrance. Acrid citrus, acrid florals, acrid plastic, and that awful, "modern" patchouli note which smells like vinyl. Just say no.

mymlan
mymlan

Chanel Chance edp was my one and only fragrance for many years. Then suddenly the love was over, eventhough nothing better had appeared at that time.

Since then I've ben treating Chance just like an old love. When I don't have it I miss it. When I have it, I don't appreciate it as much as I should.

Today I spritzed my wrist in a shop for the first time in a year or so. I still love the fresh opening. When the heartnotes bloom it gets a bit too intense for me. After some time an amazing drydown appears. What to do? Buy or not buy?

loveperfumes
loveperfumes

The most favourite scent of my mum, who is over 50. She confessed that it is scary for her even to imagine that she could have lived all her life and never met this scent, adding that it is like a drug for her when you go and spend all your money to get it. She also is scared to ruin its charm with some unpleasant events or emotions typed in, trying to wear it only under friendly circumstances.

Personally, I wasn’t partial to it before meeting on many women, besides, its over-popularity was not appealing for me, but after I smelled it on my mum, I got completely fascinated with it – magic, pure magic, a head-turner. Maybe we’ve got the type of skin that is very compatible with the scent. Believe it or not, when I put it on, I inevitably start drawing too much attention, I am not always comfortable with. I even ask myself, do I smell too glamorous, or big money, or just good? That’s why I can’t wear it very often.

By the way, I prefer the edt version, because the edp smells more like Coco Mademoiselle which lacks that special dizzy lightness for me. The sillage and the staying power seem great.

zvoncica
zvoncica

I don’t know how to describe Chance.

First sensation is strong, sweet and bitter at the same time, and spicy. I sniffed my hand...flowers, citrus, vanilla, vetiver...and though: how strange this works on me compared to other perfumes? Strong but I can stand it, weird and somehow familiar. I had the same feeling about all Chanel perfumes. You either love or hate it.

To me the dry down is the best moment in experiencing Chance, gets powdery and spicy, pleasant and lasts almost forever. At this point it resembles to Coco Mademoiselle and Allure EDP perfectly, so it makes no point in having two of them in your collection. The combination of notes repeats in all of them …flowers, citrus, vanilla and vetiver. I could recognize the Chanel signature anywhere. You either love or hate it. I love it.

borntobepurple
borntobepurple

My friend loves this one . So I tried hers.. I hated it ..Gives me headaches.. Though I admit after settling its little better off .,. But definitely not for me .... The pepper things puts off my nose .. I have it on right now on my wrist and I have a headache ... ONE PIECE OF ADVISE ... DO TRY .. CHANEL CHANCE IS FOR THOSE WHO LIKE IT ...

Happyme2009
Happyme2009

My signature fragrance for a few years... very clean, fresh, strong; give purpose to a woman with no apparent direction; very motivational perfume, it I can say that; fantastic to make one feel like something good will come along eventually; probably the youngest smelling of all Chanel. I truly thinks it brings good luck; smells like good luck!

faith24
faith24

Perfume to me was always a mistery- since subjectivity is so high. I bought Chance in 2006, full size bottle, without ever smelling it or any other Chanel fragrance before. Hard to believe but over 3 years this perfume has become my signature scent and has many sentimental memories attached to it as well.
Chanel Chance has started my addiction to all things scented. I have over 20 perfumes and gave away many more, and I also worked at a perfume counter for a year so I tested hundreds. Out of all the choices Chance remains the Perfume with a capital P.

This scent changes like chameleon, depending on day or night, summer or winter, even the outfit you wear. I first tried it in winter and found that citrus notes (lemon?) are very sharp in the first few minutes, but then jasmine and hyacinth slowly develop, warmed up by delicate musk.Patchouli that I cannot stand in Coco Mmlle is non-existent on my skin and I feel blessed. A friend who smelled this perfume on me during winter month commented that it smelled comforting and candy-like. I cannot agree more.

I also wore this fragrance on a date during a hot summer night. Chance has changed its colors completely- gone was the citrusy sharpness and the warmth of white musk but jasmine and hyacinth were the queens of the ball. Chance was a heady sexy in-your-face floral, and my date commented that I had a sensual aura. Chance has transformed me from a shy girl into a sexy young woman.

Why do I love Chance so much? There is an element of surprise involved, I never really know how it's going to behave but the result is always amazing!

Kittycat63
Kittycat63

I've never been a big fan of Chanel perfumes, which I tend to think smell a bit too mature, and I especially HATE Chanel No. 5 which stinks, but I LOOOVE Chance and Chance Eau Fraiche (or whatever it's called).

This is a much fresher, more youthful perfume and the predominant note to me is the lemon, although not in an astringent way but it's nice and fresh and zingy. To me it's a light, refreshing scent it has excellent staying power and lasts for ages.

Too bad it's out of my price range at the moment so I'll have to wait for now until I can either afford a bottle or find a new boyfriend who'll treat me to one!

kastehelmi
kastehelmi

The opening was mostly pineapple, which remains as a centerpiece of the scent, with iris, and only a touch of pepper. A bit of patchouli can be smelled, and this ruins it for me--as for the vetiver, it freshens it up a bit.

I don't like it, but I think it could smell pleasant on someone else, at a bit of a distance, instead of on my own wrist, saturated with the heaviness of one sample splash...

Preciosa84
Preciosa84

I love this multifaceted, bright floral. Airy but with a full bodied creaminess. Tangy but sweet. Innocent but seductive. Fresh but not boring. I think men love this b/c it's the only perfume I've found to be feminine, romantic, yet daring and full of energy. Women love this on me too. They say they like it more on me than how their other perfumes wear on them. Maybe I have the perfect chemistry for this. *Preens*. Chance is one of the few perfumes that differ greatly on various individuals. It has an airy fragrance with enormous sillage on me. But it is musky with low sillage on my friends. It makes me feel like a modern day fairy b/c it has a divine, enchanting, romantic yet airy fragrance on me.

taydev
taydev

I have to agree with you dardona. I tried this for the 1st time yesterday and it actually had a urine undertone-yuck! too peppery like u said and not as pleasent to me as coco mad and chance fraiche

Dardona
Dardona

Today I'm giving this another "chance" to prove itself worthy to be in my collection. So far it's not working out. The pepper is overwhelming and too sharp for my poor little nose. The dry down is taking waaaay too long to settle into something less assaulting. I'm sorry to say I'll have to pass on this one. :(

IuliaPana
IuliaPana

Nice, expensive smell but too strong on my skin...I think it's great in the winter. It fits mature, sophisticated ladies! I'll try it again in few years from now, maybe I'll be bold enough to wear it.

Jess6691
Jess6691

The lemon in the top note makes this an impossible perfume for me to wear, but it smells so fabulous on my girlfriend that I must sing its praises anyway.

From the lemon to the hyacinth (and maybe down to the amber) this scent smells toxic on me—I spritzed some on when she was out-of-town and I was minding her cat.

On her, however, it is divine. She is a judicious wearer of perfume—just one spritz on the back of her neck—but this one is so intoxicating that I spent an entire evening at the theater thinking about her and not paying too much attention to the play I'd dragged her to.

After reading the above ad copy of the fragrance, this perfume would seem to be perfectly suited to her—she's quietly adventurous, sexy, on the surface a bit mysterious, and VERY European.

Its nice to know that she truly has a signature scent (her only other perfume is O de Lancome)—and when I run out of gift ideas after the first flush of romance is gone I can always head over to the Chanel counter.

LadyJedi
LadyJedi

To begin with, I find most Chanel frags too oldladylike to my liking. Chance is a recognizable scent with a strong peppery opening and plastic drydown. One of the biggest pros for those who like it, though, is that it has exceptional staying power. The bottle is boring, too.

guest_Papillon
guest_Papillon

I remember I got this one when I was in university and it just 50ml.Especially I'm a huge fan of No.5 then I have no problem about Chance.Maybe it too strong for day but it can be sexy,classy and feminine for night.I can guarantee that you can't go wrong with this one.It's like the way you say that Hey! I'm sexy and a big spotlight shining on you!55. I like powdery and sweet,warming smell.I guess maybe I love this one more than No.5 Love it!!!

Russian
Russian

I find it more modern than the Chanel N 5 and Coco Mademoiselle ones.I guess this can be worn by almost every woman,not only the ones that appreciate classic things.
It is somehow fresh,but sophisticated in the deep Chanel sense.If you didn't like Chanel N 5,please try this,it's almost impossible not to like it.
It starts fresh and the pineapple can be felt from the first second together with the patchouli (a note that I adore).The next you feel the citruses and at last,on your skin remaines a musky - jasmine feeling - very confortable and nice.

Trvevil
Trvevil

I wanted to try Chance a long ago and finally I did it. But the thing is that it's so very similar to other I tried- Coco Mademoiselle. While CM didn't work very well on me, this one is more wearable - it has signature Chanel note in it that makes it similar to other Chanel's. Notes are very pretty, especially pineapple- I absolutely adore it in fragrances. Also iris and jasmine and pepper is there as well. I don't know why I picked Chance instead of Chance eau Fraiche - today is very hot day and I am almost fainting, but this Chance did behave very good in this weather- it didn't turn sour or nauseating or overpower. Also projection and lasting power is very good- I sprayed 1 time and glad with its intensity.

vdxl
vdxl

A younger timeless fragrance for women. It is sexy, modern, at the same time it can be used for formal wear, and definitely a very sunny perfume. I enjoy this on women, especially on summer days or nights.

Lovespell
Lovespell

First off I will say, I am more into the feminine sexy floral light scents. This is an aquired taste and a scent that is not flirty, but deep, earthy and mysterious. I think at a first whiff I thought oh this is a rich old lady's perfume, too heavy for me. I would never wear this on a first date, afraid my date would hate it, or be annoyed by the spicy heaviness of it. BUT thats not to say I dont like the scent, I actually like it alot and think it is special and unique. Just, I'd rather smell it as incense around my house more than wear it. It is slowly growing on me more and more. I think I could see myself wearing this in winter, where the spicyness warms your soul. But maybe I could wear it in normal weather but a VERY subtle amount.

This reminds me of the smell of a really good smelling wooden drawer, containing pepper, and all sorts of really good smelling herbs.
When I think of this scent it takes me to the forest.

If you aren't looking for a sexy girly scent, or looking to please the masses. But something spicy, musky, with alot of depth, mysterious, and earthy, this might be the scent for you.

manitrabe
manitrabe

Chanel chance was for a long time in my wishlist and I finally got one. I tested it on me on the store and it seems great. But when I have the bottle at home, I'm a little bit disappointed. The perfume is not as I whispered. The scent seems to me like ordinary.

falovalo
falovalo

I can't say that I agree with the youthful aspect that everyone else is seeing (or smelling I should say). This is one of those fragrances that you would imagine a wealthy socialite living in a penthouse in NY wearing. It's just another heavy floral, nothing special.

sweet_escape
sweet_escape

I sprayed this on my wrist, and then proceeded to the movies with my BF. I coudn't stop sniffing my wrist, and the one spritz made me feel as if i had a full application on me. There was good sillage...ever so often i got a waft of it, and it bought a smile to my face. It lasted until i washed it off, and i could even detect it the next day! Definitely a young yet sophisticated scent, and i don't think too many people will have it. I am definitely going to make this my spring/summer scent.

I can understand the popularity surrounding this fragrance. I would classify Chance as being much more of a casual and youthful fragrance when compared to other classic Chanel perfumes. The pineapple, pink pepper and iris are really strong in this composition. It was hard for me to detect any of the other notes.

As I said before, I think this would make a great casual, daytime scent, however it has enough class to be worn during the night-time. Like all Chanel perfumes, this one has great lasting power and a strong, definitely classy smell.

Edit: I have since added Chanel Chance EDT to my collection. My initial observations are still in place.

guest_yeah boy!!!!!!!!!!
guest_yeah boy!!!!!!!!!!

Sjanira is right about shelling out money for this perfume when it doesn't even smell all that! Same with Juicy Couture the stuff stinks and girls just want it because of the name because if Juicy was made by Liz CLaiborne no one would buy it! People are so copy cattish now days! Buy what You like not what everyone is buying

snobuni77
snobuni77

I was very hesitant to buy chance "unsniffed" because I was doubtful that I would like it
so
I bought a few roller balls & I am actually enjoying it.
When I first applied it I smelled strong patchouli ,pink pepper & lemony lemon Zest which wasn't so bad,but it wasn't what I had expected.

I applied it in the car for the first time & I heard my husband take a deep breath in & then turn to look at me.He can never usually smell anything until I put myself up to his nose, so that shocked me a bit.I am still unsure if he liked it or not, but he did say that it didn't smell like the stuff I usually wear so that is good...different is good.

Anyway it started to smell rather aquatic to me...like something I have worn before but I cant put my finger on it just yet.(maybe L'EAU D'ISSEY???)I am not sure.
Never the less it did sweeten up over time.The vanilla & vetiver soften it but it was still a rather zesty aquatic to me the whole time.

It is a very nice ,alive & classy scent.

Not to sweet not to spicy,but a lemoney peppery aquatic

guiwings
guiwings

I had this one when I was 14 years old. Maybe it was not for my age, but I love it. It's an addictive smell. When I put it my friends always complimented and "snifed" me.

This is the only chanel fragrances I like

Robynlovesperfume
Robynlovesperfume

Anyone else out there think it smells remarkably like Betsey Johnsons'??? With the exception that Johnsons' has more of a fruitiness in it, everytime I smell one, I can't help but compare it to the other, cause they're sooo close!,... To me anyway.

essija
essija

Boy oh'Boy, so many Chanel fans out there!! I am not one of them and for no apparent reason than I have not even tried out any Chanel until now. Chance was my first expeirence and I was not impressed. This reminded me more of a Oriental scent as another reviewer mentioned. This gave me a terrible headache after having it one for 10 minutes. It really reminded me of a strong tuberose, and I know that isn't even an ingrediant. OH well At least now I feel I have tried something by Chanel. even though I sorta knew I wouldn't like it....

ktv0926
ktv0926

Amazing, beautiful scent! I have 1.0 oz bottle for over a year already - I use it so sparingly! Long lasting, rich, unforgettable scent!

P.S. I read negative reviews here and they hurt me so much, Chance is such a beautiful fragrance, it should be treated with respect and care and instead it is being executed with no mercy... So sad...

Allegra
Allegra

I've never been into Chanel perfumes (they're too classic, i.e. oldladylike for me ;) but just recently I experienced a drastic change in that matter by trying and testing Chance. To my great surprise, we just clicked immediately. Wow! I think Chance isn't "typical" Chanel and that's probably why I like it so much, because of its youthfulness and chic floral notes. It's just lovely and adorable fragrance.

honeypoppyseed
honeypoppyseed

Chance is at heart a truly youthful scent. While the scent is totally appropriate for women of all ages, for my taste I prefer it for young women, and find that mostly young women really respond to it.

The scent is about fun. It's fresh, and while floral, not at all fussy. It's chic and feminine, yet totally playing into the cult of boyishnes.

Chance is the perfect name for this scent. While I now I find myself laced in Coco Mademoiselle, when I was 16 I met Chance, and for the 3 years to follow, it was about all I would wear. Recently I revisited Chance, and while it no longer suits me, images of the 16 year old girl, skipping around London, crashing unexpectedly on friends couches, waking up with nothing in my purse but a bit of cash and this perfume. I loved Chance, I still do but now mostly for the memories. Interestingly, I was discussing this with a friend, and he related that his sister, now 17, is in love with Chance.

Everyone should consider Chance, because FOR THE RIGHT GIRL, it's a perfect match! While I've come to realize that I'm totally Mademoiselle, I feel like Chance is my sister.

kay_li13
kay_li13

not as lemony as i imagined, but i LOVE it! can't wait till i can afford it or goad someone into buying it for me! it's not really like any perfume i've smelled before! though when it dries down, the smells get more generic.

Moszatka
Moszatka

Chance is an elegant, sweet perfume. Citruses and jasmine give a kind of balance, vetiver and patchouli make an elegant feeling, vanilla gives sweetness. Perfect and delicious fragrance.

Oxygene
Oxygene

Chanel has always been such a symbol to me: it's elegant, and chic. This totally unique fragrance is a kind of sweet but fresh at the same time. It may seem expensive, but you only need a little bit to last all day. You can wear it for any occasion.

PR
PR

What I experience and perceive with this fragrance is slightly different to reviews I've read.

To know beforehand, I received Chance on st.Valentine's day, a few years ago, from my husband. It is among five fragrances(so far just five)that are my all time favourites.

I like it's complexity and not being floraly floral (like coco Mademoiselle, they're too different to compare). Actually, to me this is the most oriental of all Chanel perfumes, thus 'chypre floral' group description doesn't sit very well here, in my opinion.

It is not exactly 'oriental' what happens here for the first 5 to 10 minutes. It's peppery, lemony sharp and fresh with some flower getting through. My favourite part however is after it settles down a little..the scent becomes so distinct and oriental then!

I KNOW it is patchouli-pepper-jasmine-vanilla(some soft lemon and pineapple) combination and I can smell it when I put some of my consciousness and thought into that, but what I PERCIEVE and not think about, is: Creamy deep smell of milky steamed rice-Tea-Oriental flower/jasmine-Sweetness which is bringing soft/velvety depth - Lemony pepper giving some weight to the oriental side of the fragrance.
It still retains peppery sharpness which becomes softer, but this facet is shaping the main oriental 'body mass' of a scent. For someone it perhaps smothers the oriental softer side of perfume(hence, I guess, complains about it being masculine-like), but for me on contrary,this is what brings it out 'the oriental', makes it 'shine' and with the real edge, by the way. Therefore this makes the scent highly enjoyable and worth noticing for me.

'Chance' is highly vigorous scent, but I don't think it is for the young, or for them only. I have the feeling if it had been put into some more 'serious' bottle like 'Trouble' from Boucheron it would be better accepted as the scent suitable for all the ages. Perhaps Chanel's commercial campaign with the young girl flying around Chance's bottle is as 'guilty' as well.
Anyways I like the bottle very much,and consider it being an enjoyable aesthetic experience on its own.

I don't restrain myself to wearing this for any special occasion or season. Actually, I even like it more in winter..but perhaps it is just me, socially anarchistic creature wearing my perfumes with disregard to the place or climate in general..though I grasp the main concept anyway..I even can advice on it:))
For everyone who cares: this is a great choice for summer and spring time

A light floriental that fades too quickly on me. Nice, inoffensive, but not special enough in the end.

sjanira
sjanira

Very sophisticated and strong. It has a little bit of a menthol smell to me. Really vivacious peppery sweet fragrance that last a long time. I bought mine at a huge discount and thank God because there's no way I would I shell out 80 bucks for this. I do think that this perfume is special and unique. It's not your typical fragrance and you can definitely tell that it's high end. I guess for someone that has the money and wouldn't mind spending that much then it's worth it. I do think it's a bit ridiculous that price tags on certain perfumes have to be so high. It's just perfume for goodness sake, really you're just paying for the brand. You take the name out and just leave the scent, would anyone really pay that much? I don't think so.

Montie_M
Montie_M

i like the top notes:the freshness of pineapple & lemon. then, it directly turned into floral dominated by vetiver. A heavy vetiver on my skin was not a good sign. So, I pass.

gosienka
gosienka

This perfume is special. My first fragnance that was not floral, fruity or fruity floral. I still remember my surprise when I opened the box and saw the bottle (I never care about bottles). This looked exactly like a diamond ring. I even tried to put it on! :)

I bought it when I started dating HIM and I wore it on my wedding day too. Not because of the memories but because Chance is as classic and elegant as it can be. Unlike other Chanels, lovable and soft. And young.

Unfotunately, it became too popular. At least several times a week I have a meeting with a client who wears Chance or a new version of it. So bye bye Chance. You might be special but I need a perfume that makes me special too!

lolita82
lolita82

great fragrance...strong powdery, classy just for that you to get noticed!!! wish it wasn't so comman !!! i wore it at a party and 75% of women cme over 2 ask what it was ...best in winter!

Malegria
Malegria

It is a very original, modern and arrogant.Insolence would be a good name for it! I am not a fan of at least the last 10 years of Chanel, and this is not an exception. For my taste, it is not feminine enough - too peppery and the pineapple note feels ate a big piece of green pineapple and your tongue burns...The sour and slightly plastic dry down is a minus,too. Sorry, Chanel, could`ve done better for the younger generation.

azuriiita
azuriiita

One modern and different Chanel fragrance. A much better version than others perfumes for "modern and sophisticated women" ... Hot and spicy to me... Vetiver with musk and citrus -pineapple especially- is very nice in this and makes Chance a particular scent... truly long lasting, On some skins this could smell hot and sweet -after a while-
Nice :)

rieuse
rieuse

omg when I was a student my ophthalmologist used this perfume and the scent was in the air of her consulting room for hours! I liked it soooooo much I never wanted to leave her room:) it's one of my favorite scents after Bazar by Christian Lacroix and I feel a very slight similarity between them though they are from different olfactive groups. it's a long-lasting and very classy perfume which makes it appropriate for all ages. a must-have for special occasions.

Scent lover
Scent lover

I agree with Mitsouko :) The perfume is very well done and that is why it is so popular. Now when I notice that people are wearing it less on the streets, I want to pull out my bottle and go to meet autumn with it :) Love citrus, fresh, sparkling scents for frosty autumn days. It is citrus perfume to me, but it is not usual citrus perfume that you may get to know. Most of citrus perfumes smells to me like car refresheners.. :-) This one smells as a REAL fragrance for a woman (not a car) :-P

Mitsouko
Mitsouko

Courageous, modern smell with characteristic elegance of house Chanel.First of all, I feel in it patchouli enclose citruses. Men's note of vetiver is very sexi. Very original , fresh and warm fragrance, but now I don't wear Chance, because it so very popular.

cmtt1577
cmtt1577

Love this scent as an evening scent. It does make you feel glamorous but not enough for an everyday scent. Though this will stay as one of my staples and a go-to on special nights.

mightyaphrodite
mightyaphrodite

This is a complex scent with that tends to make my head spin with it's confusing mixture of notes when i first spray it on. The dry down is ok.. and it lasts for quite a long time. It takes time to get used to because there is just too much stuff in this fragrance! I definitely think this is more of a mature scent since i can seem to detect some floral and musk here and there... not playful, not innocent, not girly... i guess it's rather close to elegant.. but more of a bridal scent. Chance does not contain the traits that i look for in my fragrances.. it doesn't define me very well. I wear it more often during the winter time.

Purssian
Purssian

Went through a couple bottles of this when it first came out LOVED IT! Women around me loved it. Men liked it as well. My style seems to be changing. But I recommend for all occasions, daily. As all fragrances smell different on everyone. This was great on me.... not on all though....try it!

mianamm
mianamm

I like it so much. On my skin is good...the people around me feel it and like it, asking me what perfume I use. One time was funny, a friend felt it and wanted stay only near me for feel it more and more

guest_Chance lover
guest_Chance lover

I absolutely love the scent. It makes
me feel sophisticated. My husband loves
the smell and he is always complementing me. This is my all time favorite.

cathmerized
cathmerized

i like it! sophisticated, sexy, chic, yet fresher and younger than the classic chanel scents. suitable for those in mid 20s-30s.

amanda
amanda

its a strange scent, its nice but i cant imagine any occasion any age or anyone to wear it. Chanel has always been the house of serious scents, this one seems to be for younger woman but its still too sophisticated and elegant for a teen, but for older women it doesent fit. Still i also think that is a very good fragrance, it smells like supressed passion, it has a kind of smell that you expect to fulfil itself but it doesent, it keeps its blunt and dull(not in a bad way)smell, thats what makes it a bit secretly

Marianne
Marianne

I can imagine that those who like "classic" Chanel fragrances miss this special note. I think that it does exist, but the sweet notes dominate the fragrance and are just too overpowering.

soirdelune
soirdelune

I was given this by a friend whose mother first gave it to her: neither woman before me had liked it, and I'm not crazy about it either. I'm not really sure why, but I suspect it's because we're too old! This strikes me a scent for a dynamic young woman up to the age of around mid-30. It's pleasant, quite sweet and contemporary. Reminds me of a Lalique perfume I wore in the 90s called 'Nilang'. A cute fragrance for younger women, but I don't see it attaining the 'classic' status of other Chanel scents.

indigo.smile
indigo.smile

Very delightful fragance, not recommended in casual use. I use it when i attend a party, cuz it is glamour enough for me.

guest_Rocha
guest_Rocha

One word" I Adore" it. It's very fresh and sweet for a yong lady. I like to wear it when I have to go to social party or dancing with my friends.Although it youthful but it strong enough to play with it at night.
Thank you vetiver,amber and white musk that make it sexy cute.

chance25
chance25

Every perfumista needs a chanel in her fragrance wardrobe. Trying to find one I liked, Chance grabbed my arm and wouldn't let go! I smell mostly pepper (my nose smells white pepper) and iris. On the dry down I smell a sort of sweet eraser smell, which is most likely the vanilla. So unique, well-blended and so easy to wear. I love CHANCE....

Aeternitas
Aeternitas

Interesting and youthfully sophisticated. It dries down a bit like plastic, though. Nice and fresh, a lot of pink pepper on the first spray. I like it!

Chance by Chanel 3.85 out of 5 based on 3553 ratings and 416 user reviews

Chanel Chance Eau De Parfum Spray 100ml 3.4oz
Eau De Toilette 5oz
Chanel Chance Eau De Toilette Spray 150ml 5oz
Chanel Chance Eau De Toilette Spray 150ml 5oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Chanel Chance fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Chanel Chance, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Chance by Chanel. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Chance by Chanel represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.