Designers » C » Chypre Floral « Groups

Chance Eau Fraiche Chanel for women
dislike

I have it: 1543 I had it: 607 I want it: 1577 My signature: 106

Chance Eau Fraiche Chanel for women Videos
Chance Eau Fraiche Chanel for women Pictures Chance Eau Fraiche Chanel for women Pictures Chance Eau Fraiche Chanel for women Pictures Chance Eau Fraiche Chanel for women Pictures

Chance Eau Fraiche by Chanel is a Chypre Floral fragrance for women. Chance Eau Fraiche was launched in 2007. The nose behind this fragrance is Jacques Polge. Top notes are lemon and cedar; middle notes are pink pepper, water hyacinth and jasmine; base notes are teak wood, iris, amber, patchouli, vetiver and white musk.

Lemon Cedar

Eau de Lys

Chance Eau Fraiche Fragrance Reviews

one_girl_rev
one_girl_rev

Having the original Chance, I was not sure what to expect from this fragrance when an "eau fraiche" was added to the mix. Could it be any more fresh? The original Chance is strong and zesty but sort of hollow. I wear it when I need to blend in and smell nice but it can be quite strong.

Chance Eau Fraiche, though? Completely different story. Initial notes are bright, smart, sparkling, and pleasurable. As it dries down, it develops a sensual, woodsy tone that reminds me of an equestrian rider after a long day. It smells fun but expensive. Nothing cheap or dull, just vibrant and loved like a beautiful spring or mild summer day.

I recommend you wear it in places where it gets a lot of room to breathe and roam, people will notice and I am confident they will like it.

I get lots of compliments on this one. Nobody has called it the way they do the original Chance. This one is the victor.

Light_Blue
Light_Blue

Very nice, classy, something special onthe one hand and not intrusive at all on the other. Surely my choice for the future buy.

blue_belle
blue_belle

This is a perfume I got before I knew anything about perfume. I was drawn in by the ad campaign and the green juice, and when I tried it I was amazed by how it smelled. Now when I wear it I'm still amazed, because this is by far my favorite of the Chance line. It's a total chameleon on my skin, going from almost-masculine citrus spicy to fresh floral to musky skin scent. It also lasts a ridiculously long time (10 hours or more, on average).

The first stage is a bright lemon/cedar/pepper blend that smells almost like a men's fragrance. It's definitely a scent for a spice lover. As it progresses it settles down into a clean, still slightly lemony floral with a hint of cedar underneath and then stays there for a good long time. After about eight hours it's settled into a jasmine/cedar/musk base, which is really pretty and soft but continues to stick around for an impressively long time.

I love this as a daytime perfume, especially in summer. Sometimes I find myself reaching for it in spring and fall too, but even on the longest, hottest days it doesn't quit on me.

dsty
dsty

The name of this perfume is very fitting: I don't really know the original Chance, so I can't say whether that part is accurate, but it is definitely one of the freshest scents I've ever smelled. It's not like most other summer citruses for women, in that it's not very sweet at all; it's really just all freshness, which makes it very interesting, daring even.
In the beginning the smell goes toward that masculine territory that I often strongly dislike when I smell male perfumes: that fresh citrus/aquatic/alcohol thing. But here for some reason I like it very much, probably because it doesn't go there all the way; because of the other elements, although they're in the background at first, it stops short of smelling actually masculine. Although as others have mentioned I do think this could work very well for men who dislike that above vibe if it's too heavy, as well.
Then after a while the half-masculine citrus smell retreats into the background and something else takes center stage; on me this phase is more green than right out woody, but I do get the impression that the woody notes play an important supporting role the whole time.

All in all this is extremely fresh, interesting but in a way that is sophisticated instead of weird, so it's suitable for any occasion, and for any season except maybe the darkest of winter days. I like it very much but I'm not sure I love it enough to justify buying a full bottle. I will cherish what's left of my sample, though, so maybe by the time I get through it I'll have changed my mind.

lesgalaxies
lesgalaxies

Ended up swapping this a few months ago and cannot believe I did! A firm staple in my wardrobe -- perfect for the days I need a little confidence boost. I call it my "kick ass" perfume ;p

Totally unisex, totally beautiful and not something to mess with. Sure, it's modern and therefore "common" to most, but I've honestly never found anything like this before.

Longevity is amazing for a summertime fragrance - I actually wear it year round, cool, crisp but deep enough to get away with in cooler months. Sillage isn't enormous, but carries a trail that will certainly mark your presence. I don't think this could ever be offensive and I'm a light floral lover! Perfect blend of sharp, cool and floral. An everyday go-to for me. Really excited to have this on its way back to me! :D

semsem_sunshine
semsem_sunshine

I usually tend to love oriental heavy vanilla-y perfumes,,, but I couldn't use them in summer otherwise I'll get suffocated and end up hating these perfumes, unfortunately the weather here in Egypt is "really hot" most of the year so I had hard times searching for a perfect summer scent, and I finally found it
I can summer up this perfume in 3 words
Fresh
Unisex
Moodlifter

Lana148
Lana148

Musty, musky green. I just can't find the beauty in this. Perhaps it doesn't work with my chemistry.

VintageViolet_
VintageViolet_

My Mum's favourite summer perfume :)

It smells so fresh and uplifting on her, very nice scent and great for every day use.

graceadlerk
graceadlerk

Summer in a bottle. Love it.

aglow
aglow

Classy, work-appropriate fragrance. It opens with a burst of citrus then settles into a beautiful jasmine-woody dry down.

Sxaninha
Sxaninha

If you love Tea this is the perfume! I tried a sample and I love it!
But unfortunately I think it doesn't last at all on me :(
It's similar to Versace Versense sampled too, but this has warm undertones and Versense is fresher and more crispy.
Chanel a shame the longevity of this beauty. Want to give it a *chance* but maybe I'll stick to my Acqua di Gioia

Amparo Noir

Well, in my humble opinion, i think this would be best marketed as allure edition blanche, because it has some sort of similarity to allure homme edition clanche. I would always wear this to any event while my husband would wear aheb. Our scent just compliments each other.

NovicePerfumeAdmirer
NovicePerfumeAdmirer

Fresh, elegant, refined, and sensual. My husband noticed it on me and liked it. I think this would work well for the office, especially in the Spring, Summer, and early to mid Fall.

elaheahsan
elaheahsan

fresh,lovely,sour and sweet.The best perfume for summer.unfortunately it is moderate.

emmy.johnson.72
emmy.johnson.72

Very fresh and summery. Lemon, woody tones and Jasmine, with a little spice too. I love L'Occitane Lemon Verbana. Chanel Chance Eau Fraiche, smells like a more sophisticated, spicier, version.

chgitem
chgitem

A very nice and fresh scent, imho perfect for summer and for office. However it can be overwhelming for me sometimes.

amelie
amelie

I bought it as soon as it came out, was beautiful. I don't even know why I swapped it for something else. Again on my wish list, want it especially now in the spring and summer, lasts for hours on my skin with refined dry down.

merih
merih

So fresh, so clean! I love it!
It's impossible to bother anyone around you while wearing this.

prettyswag
prettyswag

i had to get a second bottle of this...just fresh, sexy and great lasting quality and worth each penny...(WAS getting a chance to get dolce gabanna escape to panarea new scent)..THIS won 10 x over for my spring choice plus, my hubby loves this on me and others also:)

cake n' cuddles
cake n' cuddles

I am chanel no. 19 over chanel no. 5, and chance eau fraiche over chance eau tendre. If you like fresh, green , lemon/woody fragrances this is one you've got to try! It's an optimistic perfume, casual, and if you ask me borders on some slight sassyness.
I guess this is kind of like my light blue, since it's lemony w/ cedar. Unlike light blue it lasts ages on me though.
This is feminine but borders on unisex, so I really think men would have no trouble at all wearing this and still feeling masculine.
When I first spray this on I get hit with a fresh, soapy lemon, cedar, watery floral mix. As it dries down it gradually get's more of the pink pepper spicyness and woodsy notes, but stays very fresh with the lemon. I can smell the iris, and I'm not surprised to see amber sort of warming and sweetening this fragrance up. I am surprised patchouli is in here though, I don't get much of it.
This is one of those everyday fragrances I have a huge bottle of with no regrets. It certainly gets it's love in my big wardrobe.

gpesav
gpesav

This perfume is definitely very fresh. When first sprayed I get a lot of citrus, but after a minute or so it goes straight to woods. Great lasting power, but the dry down is very boring. A man could definitely wear this scent. The smell is not bad, I just think it is a bit too masculine for me to enjoy on myself.

AmusedMuse
AmusedMuse

Such a beautiful fresh summer fragrance. Gorgeously crisp yet feminine and inviting. It's the time of year in the high mountains when the sun is out for 12 hours or more and I can only tolerate clean fresh scents, my favorite spicy warm scents feel too cloying. My spring and summer lifesavers are both this as well as Cristalle Eau Verte. I keep straying but I always come back to these two.

Emma0714
Emma0714

I want to say that this is a "woody citrus", but there is absolutly some aqua notes in this one that lies underneath, acting together with the lemon to make this a really happy, summery scent.
As it wears, the vetiver and the pink pepper becomes more obvious, but it still remains a "woody citrus" scent.
Since the lemon-cedarwood basically remains the main notes, I can understand why some would reckon this leaning more to the masculine side. It's absolutely there, dancing on the invisible "unisex line".

It's fresh, clean and crisp. Wears great, and longevity is really good.

Onnyxs
Onnyxs

Delicated, fresh and clean. In my opinion a very versatile fragance, can be worn at day or at night.

AvaAdore
AvaAdore

I don't know why, but for some reason this smells like baby wipes on me. I have a coworker who wears this and it smells lovely and fresh on her. For now, I'm sticking with eau tendre.

jeanbean7777
jeanbean7777

This one is fresh and nice.....however, it is very masculine on me. It smells amazing for a few minutes and then it smells like mens cologne or some kind of cleaner. I think this is a chemistry thing with me because I have smelled it on others and it was great. I think if you don't like normal channel chance this is way to close to attempt. Lots of reviewers say it smells like solve gabbana light blue and it doesn but light blue is more neutral feminine and smells much better. Also, I get more of a casual feel from light blue than this one. I wouldn't want this one at all. I'd be disappointed if I got this as a gift but I'd like to get solve gabbana light blue as a gift. . I don't even think I'd finish the sample I received. It's a 6/10 for me. Although it is good on some others.

arrokaj
arrokaj

i was traveling and i bought it at the airport.then it was just released . i love it...fresh chanel :)

zzMaja
zzMaja

Very nice scent for outdoors and spring. It is very soft and makes me feel great when I am out on the deck or walking the dog. I feel fresh and ready for spring and summer. I love the lemon scent and cedar making me feel like a walk in the woods or forest. It is weak so I would not wear it in the evening or fall or winter, but WOW what a nice fresh scent.

bsmith2408
bsmith2408

This is a very fresh and clean scent. It makes me think of soap with a hint of citrus and cedar. It doesn't smell masculine on me, just very elegant. It seems like it stays close to the skin on me, not loud at all. One of my favorites.

agneskhan
agneskhan

I recently bought this one and haven't regretted it a second. It has of fresh softness to it that makes me want to spray it 1, 2 ,3 times all over me! People say it is unisex and I sure don't mind. To wear Chanel eau fraiche is more about personality and occasion than gender, in my opinion.

To summarize: this is the perfect energizing citrus scent for a boat trip, the first pic nic of the spring or maybe a lunch date.

Millieqm
Millieqm

Got to say: OH my GOD!! this is a fresh and so unique fragrance . I can't even find the right words to describe it…. Love it; like I'm obsess with it!! I agree with the masculine notes but still so feminine that doesn't feels masculine, if that makes any sense!!

Fmcandy
Fmcandy

I was in the need of fresh light scents, Im a hermes-jc.ellena fan, specially un jour d hermes & un jardín en mediterrane, I will get those again but I love to try new ones, plus hermes is a bit expensive. I read a lot about Chance, yes, it is a nice option if you like citrus & sweet and if you are a masculine scent curious. I bought it, I like the splashy feeling! You feel clean as you spritz and spritz, its really soft, femenine. Some of Chanel scents have that classy well educated femenine touch, almost like the logo. It s not a fav but I have to wait, I can end up looooooving this Green Chance.

Scentmad
Scentmad

Sort of like D&G Light Blue on me. Not bad. Perfect for spring. It's sweet and sharp which I like. It doesn't rock my world but I think it will be a grower. I have toyed with buying this for absolutely ages as I have Chance (the original one) already and I'm not mad about it but fancied a light bright frag for spring so got some of this. I am not disappointed as such, just not blown away. Its just a NICE perfume. Hardly the stuff of myth and legend but pleasing to the nose.

kateapple
kateapple

Like a lot of other reviewers have said, this smells pretty masculine. On me it smells like a very generic woody/aquatic cologne...not even a unique or good cologne, just something an everyday joe would wear. While the longevity is good, it smells like something I could get for a fraction of the price...but wouldn't bother to.

Ritarudna
Ritarudna

Smelled a bit masculine. And the citrus is synthetic. I expected more from Chanel.

melancholybaby
melancholybaby

A crisp green opening, that merges into an fairly indistinct citrus-floral development. Nice enough, but limited longevity and silage, and not noteworthy enough for a full bottle.

brt
brt

I wore a sample of this to work this week and my first impression was of a lemony, very fresh, clean fragrance. It doesn't list aldehydes on the notes but I seemed to recognize a note of it in the first blast that I usually associate with the Chanel line. Longevity was great as it lasted all day on me. It would be great to wear outdoors in the summertime. I couldn't detect any sweet floral notes that bees love so much in perfumes so one could safely wear it to a ballgame or outdoor concert. For my own personal taste it's a bit too masculine for me to enjoy on myself. Definitely a fragrance men could wear and one that women would love on them. I think I'll offer it to my husband and see if he'd like to try it. I believe it would come across as smart and classy on either sex.

emilianods75
emilianods75

Nothing out of the ordinary. Citrusy. Fresh. Summery. Clean. A safe fragrance.

MandiPants85
MandiPants85

Another maserpiece from Chanel, I love this scent. I also have the original Chance as well. This however does not have the dominant patchouli notes it's original sister has. When I smell it, it makes me think of Caribbean waterfalls and optimism. It smells like fresh crisp greenery and fine wood.

xtremix
xtremix

if you don´t like florals, this is the perfect choice for summer. can´t beleive this is an eau fraiche since it lasts and projects so well.

being a constellation fragrance, the sequence of the note´s display, as well as the dominating ones, depends strongly on the interaction with each person´s skin.
on me, it feels woody and musky with a subtle decading presence of citrus.

deffinitely better than chance edp and chance edt, which are too strong on iris.

RubyRedRose
RubyRedRose

I love this! It's my favourite summer perfume, it's fresh, uplifting, elegant and long lasting. Happiness in a bottle, it's also my favourite of the three Chance perfumes.

Edieeddy
Edieeddy

I am on my fifth bottle on this one. I used to wear Chanel Coco Madamoiselle until one day i decided for a change. My friend recommended this to me & i am in love with it eversince. This is quite pricey at my place but who cares. I love this so much. It smells fresh & long lasting on me & little cheaper than coco. lol.

This is very fresh, enjoyable and beautiful scent. I love lemon and cedar notes in perfumes. And this one smells like nature and fresh air. Like walk in the forest.
At first it seemed a little masculine to me, but that's okay. Not too masculine for a woman and not masculine enough for a man, so it's in the right place in my opinion.
Great, another elegant and modern scent from Chanel.

kaysee
kaysee

My friend has told me how she loved this, so I got her a bottle for her birthday.
Have never smelled it before, but when I did, I was very pleasantly surprized.

Citrus/woody is what u'd usually find in men's fragrances, but this one is just perfect for women.

Clean and very sexy in a playful kinda way (not sexy-intimidating), every woman should smell like that :)
You can't go wrong with that one.

yooomeee
yooomeee

First smelled this some years ago on a local celebrity when I walked past her at an event. It was captivating (I was starstruck) and fortunately I got to search what her perfume was on a "What's in my Bag?" feature in an online magazine. Just recently mustered the courage to test Eau Fraiche at a Chanel counter and it WAS the scent as I remembered. The BF says it reminds him of Acqua di Gio since he has that. Now, I own a 100 mL bottle and am happy. This is my first high-end designer perfume purchase. :)

Refreshing, zesty and icy cool, doesn't get stale, clingy nor synthetic. Not the typical "pretty" or girly scent but still remains feminine in a way. Lasts for around 2 hours on me and I usually re-spray during lunchbreak.

Comparisons to other Chance:
Eau Tendre - Cute at the start - like a baby - but turns powdery, which I don't like since I'm not a fan of powdery scents.
EDT - Smells similar to Eau Fraiche; probably more suited for semi-formal to formal evening affairs and the like 'coz it doesn't have the icy quality of Eau Fraiche. I may appreciate this when I get older but not yet enough to shell out the $$$.
EDP - I feel this is mature for me.

YogaRose
YogaRose

I wish this fragrance would last me forever since to me, Chanel and Dior is as expensive as it gets. The notes are very prominent in it's sheer citrus, light flowers, and caressing pink pepper. For the beautiful, natural woman. Definitely for warm, summery environments.

imamunchkin
imamunchkin

This fragrance really got to me. I've been dying to try this scent and the Eau Tendre version. Finally, I got to the mall today and sprayed this one on my left inner wrist. At first, it smelled like a lot of citrus grapefruit (which I like anyway) and agreed with some of the comments here of having a slight masculine scent. My boyfriend who wears Bleu de Chanel sniffed it and was shocked because it smelled very much like Bleu. Then surprisingly, the dry down on my skin turned out to smell very much like a more delicate, floral version of Coco Mademoiselle. It have might been my skin, it might have been that one bottle at the mall, I'm really not sure if this is how it's supposed to be but I actually like it. Not sure if I would invest in a bottle just yet, but I actually prefer this over the other two Chance fragrances!

Erikafika
Erikafika

It smells good, but it's not even unisex in my opinion. I don't know if it's just me but I think it smells quite masculine, men could definitely get away with wearing this one.

linxinpei
linxinpei

I love this perfume's top notes and base notes. The top notes were divine - a fresh burst of lemon and hyacinth. I could also smell jasmine (my favourite scent!)

However, one and a half hours in a really masculine smell emerged which got stronger with time. I think that's the teakwood. For some reason my skin amplified that and I ended up smelling like a man's cologne, which, while sexy, is not exactly ideal.

Happily the 'man's cologne' smell disappeared to a nice floral and musky drydown. I fancy I can still smell jasmine. It's likely to be the lovely combination of amber, iris and pathouli though. Soft and not overpowering at all.

I live in a hot and humid climate, plus I am extremely sensitive to smell (even though I like smelling good!) It is thus essential that a 'fume must not be too stronng. Sillage is moderate for me, but longevity is amazing. I rested my perfumed wrist on my phone cover, and three weeks later my phone cover is lightly perfumed with the beautiful base. Gorgeous :) Pity about the price and the teakwood.

cdmarz
cdmarz

I made the mistake of smelling this yesterday. I fell in love with it at first sniff. But I just couldn't justify the price tag. At least not yet. But it is now haunting me...yikes, I might have to get this soon. Or at least a sample.

Amparo Noir

For those who despise floral fragrances, this would be a perfect choice. the citrus is bright, the woody scent is not overpowering, smells clean, as if you just had your shower.

the only downfall is the price is so expensive. i don't know how chanel justify the price and i wish i could have known why...

almarie
almarie

I just love this! It's so clean and fresh smelling. I like how it still has some of the original Chance notes, but added some of the fresh notes into it as well.

barclaytron
barclaytron

I just ordered a few sample spritzers on ebay, and I loooove the scent. It's very fresh and I can't wait to buy a full bottle this summer. I'm just hoping that the longevity increases with the regular size ... as it is now, this didn't stick around for longer than an hour or so on me.

hollyms
hollyms

Tried it today and my first impression was: Lemon perfume? No thanks.

I'll pass.

dosojosnegros
dosojosnegros

would anyone like to trade me their eau fraiche for a 3.3oz bottle of givenchy organza?

Irishys
Irishys

This is a very fresh, citrusy fragrance. At first, it smelled strongly of alcohol but as it dried down, I could smell the lemon and pepper scent, with a little bit of floral. Now, several hours later, it has settled into a pleasant light fragrance. Not much sillage. It reminds me very much of D&G Light Blue (for women) which is my favorite summer fragrance. I already own that, so no need for me to buy Chanel Chance, but it does smell good.

LittleMsCharming
LittleMsCharming

To my nose, Chanel Chance Eau Fraiche is a burst of freshness with a bit of a kick to it. It's not really playful, not entirely feminine, reminds me very much of an ice cold sip of Gin and Tonic with lemon, both in terms of the way it smells and the image it evokes. It's my "go to" fragrance when I need to be brave or to get things done :)

pinkchevalier
pinkchevalier

I got this at Macy's, and it smelled wonderful at the time I tested it. But when I got home and used it in the following week it gave me a headache and something in the perfume makes me nauseous. I think for some reason, to my nose and on my body I smell a sharp synthetic plastic note that comes through after a while. It's disappointing because overall, I love the scent for being fresh and clean, yet distinct. I think it's probably just me though and I do like it - just not on me.

shalita87
shalita87

I have the 5oz bottle of this. I originally received a tester, and didn't think to try it. Sometime last year, I smelled something amazing coming from my children's room. It took me a couple of days to find it, and it turned out to be the tester. My boys poured it out:) This immediately went on my list, and I finally bought it. I agree that it smells similar to the original Chance. However, it is worth having both. I also think there is something enticing about this fragrance. I am drawn to it. If you are looking for a less expensive alternative, try Sensi.

raven93bird
raven93bird

I had no impression of a masculine scent at all, however when I asked my friends to be honest with me on how it smells. They told me I smelled like an old lady, I agree with them, love them smell, just not on me.

Nil3
Nil3

If a fanatic 'Aqua di Gio' male would smell this on a woman,I believe he would immediately consider her as his future mother of his children.

ForrealMe2

I don't know what happened with this one...when i originally tested this on me it smelled great to where i put it on my want list but now that i finally bought the 5 oz one from Macy's it turned with my chemistry and turned very masculine...what a disappointment i am going to have to go back and exchange it. Perhaps it changed because it is a summertime scent but i liked the scent so much that i wanted to wear it year round and i can't...

kayraven
kayraven

Chance Eau Fraiche is a chypre floral fragrance. It still reminds me of a good old men's eau de cologne, which is why I see lot of reviewers point out the masculine notes. This fragrance to me is fresh, dewy, very light and somewhat watery. Here the top notes are citruses and cedar; middle notes are pink pepper, water hyacinth and jasmine; base notes are teak wood, iris, amber, patchouli, vetiver and white musk. It seems like a very perfect fresh unobtrusive fragrance, which I totally enjoy. The lasting power is much better than the one of usual fresh scents, though still not too satisfying. I also like the bottle very much - minimalistic and convenient to carry in a bag. The colour also represents the fragrance's attitude very well. What I don't like is the simplicity of the composition and I personally find this fragrance too tiring to use for a long time and a bit boring. Unfortunately, there's no 30 ml package, which is not good for me. Wouldn't repurchase because I like to change fragrances and I think the bottle would last pretty long.

halalula1234
halalula1234

smells just like Versace eau fraiche homme!

isabellerose
isabellerose

This perfume smells *divine* (and expensive!) but you need to give it a bit of time to develop and say goodbye to top notes. At first it smells like some sort of cleaning liquid - there's some odd chemical sweetness to the very sharp lemon smell. Pretty off-putting, as you can imagine. I'm guessing it's the amber peeking through (along with vetiver, pepper and some flowers) because I usually can't stand any perfume with amber in it. It takes about 10 minutes for this to tone down. It starts getting addictive after that initial blast even though it's nowhere near it's true smell yet and away from that odd first blast. The more time passes, the better it smells and I find it to be very long lasting. I was wearing it the other night with a very strong wind blowing that day directly at me and I could still smell it all around me; only spritzed it lightly once behind ears.
I think it would have been better with a little less lemon but, on the other hand, this is not the perfect season for it. I believe it smells better in warmer weather or at least when your skin is warmer ;)
...I only put it on 15 minutes ago, so I'm still waiting for it develop into the enchanting, sparkly, gorgeous perfume it is. :)

Yin2112
Yin2112

I read all reviews here and surprise there're quite lots of people don't like it. I have a very sensitive nose and easily get headache whenever I sniff a heavy scent or note. I tested many Chanel's perfumes and this one is totally unlike its relatives. It is not heavy at all, I usually use 4 sprays each time ( in Summer ) and do not feel discomfort even a bit. I do smell green grass, lemon, cedar at top note but very light, fresh and relax. after that, the middle and base note turns to more floral, gently, sweet with jasmine, iris blending perfectly with musk and others...
However, I fell in love with this fragrance since I suddenly sniffed the scent it left on my shirt. It smelled heavenly, so gorgeous. I also sprayed some on my boyfriend shirt and he asked me what was the wonderful fabric softener I had used. haha.

Prefer this more than the pink one honestly. love.

CaSentBeau
CaSentBeau

I absolutely adore the crisp freshness of Eau Fraiche! And this is the first fragrance where I have truly appreciated cedar! I normally have problems with prominent cedar notes, but in Eau Fraiche it's truly amazing. It matches the citrusy freshness of the lemon perfectly. Chanel Chance Eau Fraiche is fresh sophistication taken to perfection!

PS. Perfume should of course never be used as an alternative to taking a shower or to cover up unwanted body odour. But honestly, Eau Fraiche might work for this purpose...

smellME
smellME

Very fresh top but a little cold and a tiny , tiny tone of a male citrus scent but this goes with the top.. the heart is warmer but to me never reaches the sexy warmth of Versace Versense and thats why I dont agre they resemble each other. Versense is warmer, fuller bodied , sexier and ....cheaper !
The dry down from Chance eau fraiche this morning from wearing it last night was the best part as well as longevity then...I guess
Not bad but my choice of the two will ever belong to The lovely - Versense !

emi
emi

To me it smells similar to Light Blue by D&G. They even share five common notes: lemon, cedar, jasmine, amber and musk. And two first of them are most distinctive in both fragrances.

sofeajane
sofeajane

Smells amazing!!!

Tayloreliza32
Tayloreliza32

Oh Chanel, you've captured my heart in a way that I myself cannot comprehend.
Why oh why have I just discovered this fragrance!!!!?? I believe I found my soul mate.
Enough said.
;)

mluckyg
mluckyg

This is a very refreshing citrus and woody scent.
The notes I smell most are lots of citrus, pink pepper, hyacinth flower, wood and cedar. This is my favourite Chanel Chance.
Could be a unisex fragrance.

nellychick31
nellychick31

I adore Eau Fraiche!! It has so many layers - it starts out as a citrusy floral, then changes to a more masculine scent and dries down to a nice woody musk. It is so crisp and fresh smelling, a must have for the spring and summer months. It has excellent staying power and is perfect to wear at work because it is not intrusive or offensive whatsoever.

dawnperiwinkle
dawnperiwinkle

This is my all time favorite perfume!

KIARA85
KIARA85

Its lemony fresh good for the summer

Seemi
Seemi

i bought this bottle blind on ebay from a reputable and trusty seller. In all honesty i find this fragrance a bit of a let down to my nose it kind of smells like a household cleaning detergent lol shock horror.
In my humble opinion there are far more superior yet cheaper options out there i should of avoided this now im stuck with a near full 100ml bottle :( note to self never blind buy again.

whiteshoulders
whiteshoulders

I was disappointed in this perfume. I am a fan of Chanel, but I do not feel this is worth the money. It is a typical fresh, woodsy, citrusy perfume, nothing very interesting and with minimal longevity and sillage. I would certainly wear it if gifted a bottle but would never choose to buy it.

jes7jes
jes7jes

A new love! So fresh and yet rich and warm!

vik73
vik73

OK. I am not a citrus/fresh/lemon scents lover. I've been using the classic Chance for more than five years and I really adore it. So last week my husband bought me the fresh version. My first reaction was to run to the perfume boutique and to change it to classic one. However I decided to try it. I was so surprised! I really fell in love with it! This scent is great! A lot of things were written about it. The only thing I would like to add that it makes me feel so confident!!!!! I don't have to think if my clothes I wear come in a right touch with this scent, if the jewelry I choose to put suit the scent. It is so perfect!!!!!
I love it!!!!!

jaypt02
jaypt02

In a world full of heavy, sickly sweet scents this is a breath of fresh air! I receive many compliments on this one, especially from my husband! My brother's girlfriend borrowed some from me and said my brother kept telling her how amazing she smelled...kinda creepy but I have to agree:) I get a lot of citrus in the opening but the dry down is warm, woody, with a touch of patchouli and light clean flowers. Wonderful and perfect!!

susan1326

Plamka summed it up nicely: one of the DEEPEST fresh perfumes there is!

aqua76239
aqua76239

I wanted something citrusy and fresh and SA recommended this. It has citrus notes and also green floral notes-for some reason while I thought it smelled acceptable, it reminded me of Herbal Essenses shower gel. Not that there is anything wrong with that but that's not what i was looking for. I can see why lot of people like it because its very light and unoffensive, and you can pour the whole bottle over yourself and not send anyone running for the hills. It could definately be unisex. Btw, lasting power was about an hour on me.
Final verdict-eh..
The search for citrus scent continues...

lovely0219
lovely0219

Unlike Dolce Gabbana Light Blue, this does not give me a headache or set off my allergies. It's simply a fresh and enticing scent which lasts all day long and doesn't seem to annoy anyone around me! A lot of people complain about the lemony spray cleaner smell it tends to give off at first, but the dry down is so gentle and soft that the smell fades almost instantly after spraying it. Of course, not everyone will agree with me...the way I see it you either hate it or love it, and I am loving it.

ForrealMe2

Don't buy this on ebay no matter how good it looks you will get a dupe that will smell like chemical cleaner every time no matter how much you try..now i went to Macy's where i smelled an authentic bottle and this is the most wonderful smelling fragrance for spring/summertime..no chemical scent at all and i got two bottles off of ebay and even the really good dupe.. fake!...Now the authentic it will not give you a head ache or smell like cleaner..it has a wonderful fresh citrus opening of lime/lemon feel and then it smells sweet like sugar added but its good quality,classy and very uplifting.. its like a zingy citrus candy like scent because of the sweetness but expensive and well done..i have to get a bottle of this!

temporalgrace
temporalgrace

This is different from every other perfume in my wardrobe. Intensely powdery and woody, sharp in a lot of ways. The opening stings my nose a bit, honestly, but the drydown is nicer- softer, warmer, less bitter. There's a warm spiciness that comes out more and more the longer I wear it. I smell a LOT of lemon and vetiver in the opening, cedar and water hyacinth taking a backseat. Unfortunately, my skin amplified the musk and vetiver to the point of being unbearably dry, sharp, and powdery. I ended up having to scrub. I think this is probably the wrong season to test this. I'll give it another try on a damper day in the fall and see how it turns out. The combination of the strong vetiver and musk is throwing me off a bit. It's certainly unique, but at the moment I have to say that I prefer Eau Tendre.
EDIT: I actually do like this scent. After testing from a few different bottles I now realize that the bottle I originally used had gone off. Very sad indeed :(

ShellyS
ShellyS

Perfect summer scent with sophistication. I get tons of compliments on this one. Very classy!

Plamka
Plamka

Chance eau Fraiche easily became a favorite and my summer priority! The cedar in this perfume is so enchanting and lucky for me there is just a hint of pepper. To me this is one of the deepest fresh perfumes out there, it manages to stay fresh and mysterious in the heat and i bet if i smell this one someone else i'll turn my head and sniff sniff sniff!! I wish everyone would appreciate a perfume for what it is, not for what they imagined it would be, then this world of fragrance would be a fairer and happier place

yellowmarigolds
yellowmarigolds

I've never been fond of lemon scents, as it reminds me of dish detergent. However, I smelled this on the paper and changed my mind instantly: it was lemony and fresh and the flowers behind it reminded me of a lovely spring day. I liked the woody green notes that hummed in the base as well. Then I tested it on my skin, and thank goodness I did before buying. On me, the lemon is non-existent, and instead I get overwhelmingly sweet florals. Toothachingly sweet. The woody base doesn't come out until much later, and couldn't make up for the sweetness before that. Needless to say, I didn't end up getting it. I really wish I got the fresh sparkling fragrance that people keep mentioning!

TanteSimone
TanteSimone

I never bothered to try this because I have a fondness for the older Chanels. I was given this by mistake instead of Chance and how amazing the switch turned out to be. Just this morning I said I am so sick of all my fragrances and when I smelled this, I made a 180.

It is fresh yet soft. In some ways it reminds me of the softness of No. 5, the sweetness of Allure, the crisp nature of Cristalle, and the masculinity of Coco Mad. It's like merging all Jacques Polge's creations and keeping only the good aspects.

I never felt this way about a fragrance in a long time. I am only sorry I did not try it earlier.

Cosmeticsguru
Cosmeticsguru

This os my absolute favourite fragrance, i work in the cosmetics industry
And i am constantly overwhelmed by perfumes, too sweet, too heavy, too musky...
Its all just too much.
Every other fragrance i have been sick of overtime or has caused a myriad of sensitivities
Absolutely nothing is as great as this perfume,
Its uplifting, bright, crisp and clean.
If you like citrus and fresh scents you will love this.
I get so many compliments on this perfume and have been wearing it long enough that it has become a part of me.

I find men like it because its clean there is no cloying sweetness of vanilla or traditional lily headiness.

I don't find it expensive at all. Its not cheap, but the prices are the same as any other designer fragrance, and recently they came out with a 150ml for around $120.
I think thats amazing.

nyaacob
nyaacob

I've never had nor tried a Chanel perfume, so I spritzed this on as I walked through a Nordstrom.

At first I wasn't very impressed, it seemed overly citrusy. Later in the day however, I noticed something smelled really good -- and it was me!

I will admit, my first thought, "Oh, this smells like cologne. Did I try that instead of perfume?"

But apparently not. I still love it, and it's on my Christmas wishlist. It seemed to last forever, even though I only spritzed myself once at the store.

Today I tried one of the other Chanel perfumes (the pink one, forgive me), and I can't even smell it two hours later.

yimar
yimar

Love, love loveeee!!! Just perfect...

LuciaMD
LuciaMD

I love this perfume. It is perfect for summer, it doesnt bother in hot days and hives a fresh touch.

Frizzzy
Frizzzy

I love this crisp clean scent and always wear it when I want to feel powerful. True it smells like men's cologne but I believe that's why men love it when I have it on. Plus it's great right out of the shower. Makes me feel energized. One of my classics for sure!

The Swedish girl
The Swedish girl

Fraiche smells exactly like Light Blue.
Apples, citrus, musk, cedar and greens.
Simple as that.
So not worth the "Chanel-overprice".

thazinha30
thazinha30

Funny how body chemistry works... I've been obsessed with Versace Versense but found VV to be short living, it lasted about 4 hours on my skin and then became very very faint. Reapplied it because I just love that oceanic, nature smell. Then I was reading about how Chanel Eau Fraiche is very similar but longer lasting, so I decided to give it a try. First, I like the smell of VV much better, second, Eau Fraiche didn't last at all on me, for some reason, a mere hour after I sprayed it on my skin, the smell was gone. Was the tester I used old or watered down? I couldn't really distinguish any notes, I just smelled fresh citrus upon spraying, then a couple flowers showed up and then it all just went MIA. Either way, I am surprised at how many people said that Chanel EF is much longer lasting but to me it wasn't. It is most likely skin chemistry at play here. I will sample VV a few more times to find out if it's true love.

KateMkay
KateMkay

arxsyn I used to hate it too, but this scent just need more time to be understand. Obviously it is possible that you just don't like it, because of your personal preference but did you give it a nice few tries?
Eau Fraiche is extremely popular in Russia and I couldn't understand why. To me it smelled like men's cologne and car air freshener. Once,Tanya Burr (Youtube vlogger) mentioned that this was her signature scent and I couldn't belive that such a feminine creature wears it.
On me after extreme lemon freshness this is very beautiful, sensual and woody with little bit of flowers. A lot of people talking about juicy lemon, well yes at the begining but after this franrance has quite dry feeling to it. Eau Fraiche need more time to develop and try it on your skin, don't base your opinion on paper strip ( for all people who still use them).
Very beautiful in any weather.
I own all 3 Chances ( well I ran out of the original) this is my favorite of three, I only can wish for EDP version.

arxsyn
arxsyn

I cannot stand these flankers. They all smell like laundry detergent or air freshener or shower soap and deodorant. This intense fruity musk trend must stop. It's like buying the above at hugely exorbitant prices. It's Nauseating.

Somebody tried selling me this. It reminds me of Apple air freshener. Overtime it got softer sweeter and powdery and vaguely woody.

greenpatchouli
greenpatchouli

Fresh, fun, I love the smell, right now my signature fragrance, but doesn't seem to last very long. I have layered it with the lotion and that helps, but lacks that ooomph to grab others attention. I just enjoy it, and so does hubby.

sanwirt
sanwirt

I got a sample, smells nice, but more of an out-of-a-hot shower smell...not the "fraiche" I was expecting. I thought it would be more of a fresh nature, not fresh out of the shower. I can't smell the lemon at all, mostly just cedar and pink pepper. It does feel a bit masculine to me, but thats cedar for you.

Addictive, sexy , love it . So classy

rosagarcia163

This pefume smells like the exact original channel chance EDP but in summer form, and suits summer.

fizzer
fizzer

Smells a little similar to the original Chance but much lighter and fresh. Very interesting and addictive fragrance. Smells sophisticated, expensive and slightly sweet-spicy (in a fresh way) but a tad masculine. This is my hesitation in purchasing such an expensive fragrance- I love its freshness and uniqueness and longevity but don't really want to smell like a man. Smelling manly brings out manliness in a woman which is unappealing. But i love this fragrance and keep going back to give it a try. What to do?

vernassina
vernassina

I bought this in hopes of finding a nice feminine, citrusy scent. Instead, I ended up getting a bottle of what is similar to a men's cologne. The scent is heavy, deep, very woodsy and definitely not romantic in my opinion.

ArtzGirl
ArtzGirl

Fragrance Impressions -

This is NOT your average "bear"-- as they said in the Yogi Bear cartoons, this is a much more advanced intelligence.

This fragrance goes on almost with a citrus/grassy smell that is at first blast- almost reminiscent of a light hint of a man's aftershave. There is something warm, inviting, classically sexy, and refined that oozes through the notes of this... forming a well blended chord with a slightly uplifting lilt, almost as if you are hearing a Scottish bagpipe play across the heather filled green field. This is similar in tone and feel to Creed's Vetiver... a classically elegant men's fragrance (that I feel can be worn ever bit as well as a unisex fragrance).

The notes in this are deep and hit the range of alto to tenor. There is a richness and sexiness in this that you would hear in the tone of a tenor sax... a raspy-ness that you detect in certain singer's or actresses voices when they are delivering lines or singing their songs. A raw sexiness that is innate and uncontrived... like it is NOT trying to hard - but just "Is" sexy.

About 10 minutes into the wear of this - there emerges a sweetness with a classically appealing depth to it of almost honey, or possibly molasses. Something that draws you in, and commands attention in a reverent, alluring way-- rather than completely batting you over the head and dragging you back to the cave like some of the more crudely produced sweet smelling fragrances that are so often the choice of the masses.

This is elegant, refined, and decidedly upper class. It is one of those things that you can't really describe until you see it... (but in this case - you are smelling it). There is a subtle intelligence behind this fragrance that could be the determining point that tips someone from being merely "smart" - into showing signs of apparent genius. Such are the notes in this particular fragrance. I'm clearly feeling that this is the type of fragrance that only a discerning nose could detect -- I could see that this could be the type of fragrance that could fly over or under the "average bear's radar". A lot of people may not be drawn to this because it is a bit more subtle than a number of commercial blockbuster fragrances.

The male/female balance is very interesting in this -- I totally "get" that this could be very "unisex" and that it would smell very different on different people. From my experience, men typically are drawn to fragrances that hint at the depth that they themselves would wear in a men's cologne. This may be just "My" experience, but I have found it interesting that a number of men like the deeper, almost manly fragrances on me - which have a similar note and chord to men's fragrances. Knowing, Fendi, the original CoCo... are all examples of this. Knowing is almost an aphrodisiac to a lot of men. They really love the smell of it, probably because it is in a range that they typically wear themselves.

This is mossy, clean, and fresh. I think that it would appeal to men simply because it may remind them of the outdoors. On the right person - with the right chemistry, this could totally be an aphrodisiac. It is unusual, very different from a lot of the more popular bubble gum fragrances that seem to have taken up major real estate and an entire zip code - on the walls of the major retail shops.

About an hour into this, I'm drawn in... wanting to breathe this in more. This is very alluring, enchanting, and mesmerizing.

If you are the type to go "into judgement" of green, vetiver-type fragrances... then this is certainly NOT going to be YOUR thing! You need to find something that IS!!!

This will appeal to someone who can see and smell the value in it, and like I said before - this is NOT designed to be a blockbuster hit that will appeal to millions of masses, this fragrance is NOT for the "average bear"- but a bear who knows taste and discernment... and can tell the difference between overt sex appeal - and the come hither look in the eye that can say more than smacking someone over the head - and dragging them back to your cave.

--------------

This is a great "find"-- I found this by asking the sales associates if they had a fragrance that would have similar notes to Eau Du Ciel, but would last longer and would carry a heavier base note in the fragrance, something with tobacco or vetiver. (In my opinion -- Chance Eau du Fraiche is very similar to Eau du Hadrian by Annick Goutal).

I tried Chrystal and Eau du Fraiche side by side - and it appears that Chrystal has much higher notes within its chord, but that the base notes are identical to Eau du Fraiche. This is cool, I like the fact that you could play off of these fragrances and possibly layer them over or under one another when you respray the fragrance for evening. This could be a very sophisticated way of "shaking things up" and adding more depth and dimension where the fragrance takes on even more of a "signature" than it would, just respraying the scent itself.

------------------

Mother's Day Weekend and the mall was literally PACKED with people trying to find just the right fragrance for their mother. This was the perfect day to schedule an event - and Bloomingdale's was doing a great job bringing in the entertainment and pulling together a fabulous day for their clients.

This is always a treat, because all of the best fragrance representatives in the area are in the store during an event like this. I spoke with three different sales associates to chat with them and explain that I was looking for a new signature scent and that I was trying to find certain fragrance notes that I had liked in my previous perfume favorites. Vetiver, Tobacco, Green, Fresh - something similar to Eau du Ciel that would last longer, but would be just as fresh. A fragrance that has a high note and a grounding chord.

I tried David Yurman (again), Chrystal by Channel, and Chance Eau du Fraiche. I had 3 fragrance specialists that came up to help me smell the particular fragrances after they had settled on my skin for about 15 minutes. The clear winner was Eau du Fraiche, because it was really mixing so well with my chemistry.

Ok, I've read a lot of the reviews on this and this fragrance has a very polarizing effect on people. They either love this, or hate it... as you can tell for yourself when you read the reviews.

I have to go back to my theory-- Chemistry is to Perfume, as Location is to Real Estate. You must find something that harmonizes with your chemistry, then spring board from there. Find what notes are truly GREAT on you, then see what fragrances contain that particular ingredient. The best of all worlds is when you find a fragrance that has 3 or more of your very favorite fragrance notes - and they all work in harmony with your chemistry.

With this in mind--
My chemistry clearly chose this fragrance for me. Out of 3 fragrance "Noses" that smelled this, they all 3 chose Chance Eau du Fraiche. Why? They all 3 said that this fragrance drew them in, and went very well with my chemistry. All 3 work in the department - and have smelled these fragrances for years on other people, but they said that my chemistry worked so well with this one - that it was the clear winner.

----------

The only disadvantage, is that this is not lasting as long as Chrystal and David Yurman on my skin - after about 4 hours of wear. Both Chrystal and David Yurman have a higher endurance with my chemistry, but the first 2-4 hours of Eau Fraiche was really delicious! I can smell Eau Fraiche, but it is much lighter and does not have the silage that the other two have, after the 4th and 5th hour of wear.

This can be a good thing, because it would allow you to change fragrances if you need to, for evening... but would require respraying - if you are needing a fragrance to wear more true to form - for longer periods of time.

------------

This reminds me a little bit of Merchant Loop L'Artisan Cologne and Annick Goutal's Eau du Hadrian- it is very similar in a number of ways - although Merchant Loop will be much harder to find, unless you order this online.

-------------

The Final Verdict:

I really love the smell of this, but this fragrance lasted between 2-4 hours on my skin. I am looking for a fragrance that wears at least 8 hours. This is a beautiful perfume, but didn't make the cut on lasting for hours. For someone who is wanting their perfume to last a shorter while, this may be just your thing.

Hélio Sérgio Rocha
Hélio Sérgio Rocha

It opens with citrusy lemon ... Then, we can get a little bit green floral accord.

Once time goes by, I feel something spicy and slightly woody and dry.

this perfume gives me a feeling of freshness and bath taken!

I think this would fit very well on men too!

Good, but would not have it

:D

Juliana6

I've caught cold, I feel totally sick, and this is the only perfume from all my collection I can wear. It makes me feel better- refreshing pine wood scent, citruses and wind breezes. Independence and power, wisdom and spiritual experience.
I can agree- it's a bit masuline too. But if so... I like those strong and protecting arms around me. :)

SouthernBeauty
SouthernBeauty

Total disappointment! This perfume was given to me as a gift & unfortunately I could only wear it once. Thank goodness the scent doesn't last long at all. It is far too crisp & citrus for my taste. It could probably even pass as a men's cologne, it is that crisp. I find it horrible. Hard to believe that Chanel would put something out like this. Its so in your face strong with this weird citrus. On my skin this scent gave no woody, warmth at all. It did, as another reviewer stated, smell like a citrus cleaning product. UGHH! My five year old daughter didn't even want to use it to spray her baby dolls with. Unfortunately it went straight to the garbage. I don't know exactly where the reviewers have their noses that are noting amber and musk in this scent because I detect absolutely none of it.

mimi88
mimi88

i just love it so fresh, i usually like heavier perfumes like dior adict, hypnotic poison, chanel mademoiselle or allure, but in summertime it's so so cool, makes you feel cooler and fresher

This is vaguely unisex on me, green, dry, citrusy, I do not like it, it doesn't smell like a pretty Chanel to me, I think women who like those types of dry/ musky scents will find it refreshing, as for me, I have no affinity for it.

lunadestella
lunadestella

Right off I smell freshly peeled oranges and lemons, more lemon than orange. Plenty of green notes too. The cedar is amazing at the opening. It mingles so well with the citrus and floral notes. There's an incredible sparkling quality about this fragrance so far that reminds me of mimosas served on a late, dewy morning in mid-May.

The heart warms up into something sexy, musky, woodsy, and just slightly sweet like vanilla bean on me. I soon smell the vetiver and some delicate iris mixing with the cedar. I still get the lemon but it's matured now, having mellowed out from the beginning.

I close my eyes and picture trees swaying in the wind as a light rain falls upon the tender, green summer landscape ... Chance eau Fraiche captures the freshness of summer perfectly and I can't think of a better fragrance to wear while playing tennis or attending an outdoor Sunday brunch.

All-in-all, I have a difficult time distinguishing which is my favorite of the Chance variations, Chance eau Fraiche or Chance eau Tendre, but I do know I preferred them over the original.

7.5/10

aveilhe
aveilhe

Eau Fraiche is intensely dry (cedarwood and pink pepper), green (vetiver and water hyacinth), and tart (loads of lemon). Jasmine contributes a hint of feminine sweetness to the middle notes, and musk helps soften out the otherwise sharp edges of this scent.

The packaging and marketing tell me that this was intended as a light, summery fragrance, but the heavy dose of patchouli seems to counteract this intention. Eau Fraiche actually comes across as quite heavy and rich to my nose. If you are looking for a truly light, green scent suited for summer, I would recommend Chanel No. 19 or 19 Poudre.

If, however, you are looking for something on the green/dry end of the spectrum with a bit more richness (a "green oriental" as I think this would be more appropriately called), Eau Fraiche might be just right for you.

Serafit
Serafit

I don't like chance-s other versions, but this one is very, very nice, fresh and perfect smell for spring and summer. I love it..

lyciumchld
lyciumchld

I tried this once and turned up my nose at it; the opening was so harsh! I washed it right off!! But, I decided to give it another go, and WOW am I glad I did! The first 10 minutes or so are quite powerful, with intense citrus and woody patchouli. It smells harsh to my nose and not pleasant at all. But after about 10 minutes, this begins to morph into a lovely, breezy, fresh, summery scent that is just beautiful! It lasts for a good 4-5 hours on me, though silage declines after about 2 or 3. The scent remains on the skin, faintly, for several hours. Though lasting power could be better, I love the fragrance so much that it is definitely on my "for summer" wishlist.

tropic sugar
tropic sugar

I usually shy away from citrus fragrances because my dry skin makes them turn very sharp and astringent.However,chance eau fraiche is citrusy and woodsy and almost turns sugary on my skin.Lemon is mentioned as the citrus note but does anyone else get lime instead?I really smell strong lime notes which I prefer over lemon.This would be perfect for hot summers.This fragrance reminds me of a lime margarita.I do not smell any floral notes but maybe the floral notes would come out more in the summer.This is an elegant,classy citrus scent.I am not a fan of chanel scents other than chance edt as they are a little bit stuffy for my free spirited personality but I would wear this as a beachy hot weather scent as I love the smell of lime and this does conjure up images of a refreshing margarita with salt around the rim.The dry down is soft and woodsy with some amber notes.Overall a very well done citrus scent!

maneki_neko
maneki_neko

I wear this as a "sporty" scent--I put a bit on nearly everytime I go golfing. It's quite warm where I live, and as strange as this may sound, I feel this scent mingles wonderfully with perspiration. The dry-down is so light and citrusy, but it's still very mature with the woody notes. I really enjoy it, but it's not a scent I'm comfortable with wearing daily. If overdone, it can become VERY heady. A spritz or two is just fine. : )

wonderlu
wonderlu

This one smells like unisex to me because of the wood, can't smell it after two hours so for me it wouldn't be a good buy. But if you like a neutral, not sweet and safe scent, this is it

TillyWave
TillyWave

Even I, occasionally, want to wear something fresh, light, and clean. Something inoffensive and simple, that just smells good--no more than that.

Chance EF fits that bill pretty well, it is a bright, soft lemon blend, with a hint of cream underneath, over pink pepper and cedar. As it dries it gets a bit more musky and woody. The florals stand in the background. They are blended with the lemon, and the wood, and the musk, but they are the backup singers to the whole lemon/pepper/cedar thing. It is a simple fragrance, but it is not a classy-simple fragrance, either.

Chance EF smells good, really good, but there is something so blaringly synthetic about it, it think it would get a little irritating to wear every day. It's not a bad thing, most perfumes are really synthetic--I'm not rubbing rose petals on myself, after all. But is it worth the price? Is it "Chanel" after all? Not exactly.

EDIT--I have to add that EF has amazing longevity, 12+ hours, it's really amazing...

emsilly
emsilly

This perfume is lovely, unoffensive for sure. It's nice, but just... neutral. I think this may be a preference thing. I like the heavier, sweeter scents that have impact. This is very nice but not really notable. That, and it doesn't seem to last very long on me.

If you're looking for an unoffensive citrusy-floral
(not overly sweet), this is a good bet. Very pretty for office and for summery/springy days.

lilac
lilac

WONDERFUL! A fresh but round frangrance, nothing sharp, nothing sweet or too citric, just perfect and so unique. Finaly I have found something to replace my beloved Moschino L'eau de cheap and chic! Soo intrigant and not common fragrance.

shanghaifleur
shanghaifleur

This is a good quality citrus scent, long lasting and with a good projection. To my nose it's mostly lemon, cedar, and something a little sugary, although sugar is not listed. The only downside is its sharpness: the lemon note is so strong that it gives me sometimes a headache. Overall, an uplifting citrus blend, but I'm not sure I will repurchase again.

dshen
dshen

This is my ultimate summer fragrance, nothing can beat this one! It smells amazing and it last all day. I've been using this for four years now, its my signature scent. Always get compliments from guys when i'm wearing this. On a hot sweaty day, this fragrance brings freshness and joy to me, cant live without this!!!

shwetadwivedi
shwetadwivedi

Fresh citrus day fragrance. It is nice.

kaejuntun
kaejuntun

Chanel Eau Fraiche is true to its name. It is ideal for summer in my opinion. The lemon is nice and fresh, not in a detergent kind of way at all, and not sugary (lemonade like), just pure, clean, and refreshing. The cedar smells natural, blends well with the lemon. By the time the fragrance progresses to the heart it is very faint, very small sillage, simple florals mixed with the still-present citrus. None of the base notes are overly noticable to me, but that might be different if I had tested the fragrance when it was warmer outside. I really like it :)

londonhermit
londonhermit

I disagree with Kiara85 I smelled this perfume on the chorus teacher in my building. She smelled fresh and wonderful. I would of never guessed it was Chanel. This women has to be in her 50's. This fragrance will transform on different people on the chorus teacher I would have never guessed it had patchouli in it. This is a youthful fragrance but not limited to the 17 year old teeny boppers.

norlyh
norlyh

I was going through my drawer this morning and found a spray sample I got at Sephora while we were holidaying in Paris in 2007. Back then I didn't have much of an interest in perfume but I wore this sample everyday while we were on holiday. I have barely enough for a couple of wears so I have only sprayed it on my wrists this morning. I was immediately whisked back to that beautiful French summer holiday with my fiancé, now husband, in 2007. Isn't it wonderful how a fragrance can do that to you!

I do really like this fragrance. It is zesty, spicy, gently aqueous and expansive with a core of sweetness that becomes more apparent as my skin warms the scent and the initial cedar and pepper notes dissipate. My husband said it smelt like something he could wear and the masculine tone of the fragrance didn't occur to me until he said that. I agree it could be a unisex fragrance but still perfectly rounded with a sweetness that is very feminine.

I'm putting this on my list to buy!

melange
melange

I really wanted to love it - I'm on an everlasting quest for workplace-appropriate scents - but no. This scent becomes sharp and irritating on my skin - "geranium-flavoured hard candy and lemon air freshener" irritating :/

opa
opa

I am sorry to say this but it is a shame for such a solid name as Channel- rough perfumery job, poor longevity and silage. I seems as like a few drops of a real frag were left and then someone pour in a water to fulfil a bottle for selling. Reminded me a lot Miss Dior Eau Fraiche but the Dior's one is far better in every aspect of it. Sad.. I had use to respect their fragrances.. Such a shame..

MabelEarth
MabelEarth

Exact the same as: Dolce Gabbana Light Blue for man!

tinaelisa

Aaahh no! Are you kidding me? In Europe they just came out with a 150 ml bottle for just 10 euros more then what I paid for my 100 ml bottle a few days ago. Damn it! :( Well, I guess I will be buying the 150 ml bottle next time..

ojosverdes
ojosverdes

I've had this perfume for a while but somehow have not gotten around to reviewing it. I purchased this perfume but I was ambivalent about it. I initially purchased Chanel 19 edt but never opened the box and decided to returned it in exchange for this one. It was not love at first sniff as I'm not a lover of fresh scents. However, this perfume is a little gem, I love it. At first it smells fresh but then it dries down to this beautiful sophisticated amber scent. This is a scent that I personally don't enjoy when I wear, but others do. This is a scent that others will enjoy more than you will. This is because I really cannot smell it on myself. when I think the scent is gone guess what it's not. The sillage is fantastic. I get lots of compliments when I wear it and is quite versatile IMO. This one projects more than Chance EDT that I own. I'm so happy to have this in my collection. One of the best scents that Chanel has put out in a long time! This is one of the few perfumes that I will be repurchasing when I run out. I hope that they keep the same formula!

wyrdlam
wyrdlam

This is a nice eau de toilette that could be worn daily. When I first misted some on my wrist from a sample I received, my first reaction was, “Oh, I’ve smelled this before on so many people!” I knew Eau Fraiche was somewhat popular, but I really have smelled this before so many, many times.

It starts out with a nice mix of lemon and cedar. After a few minutes, the florals start to mix in. I don’t detect one type of flower in particular, but it’s a nice little bouquet mixed with wood notes. I don’t really detect a dramatic transformation on my skin. It’s mainly wood and floral for the entire wear. The wood is very strong, but it’s not a mossy or earthy wood. It’s actually quite a crisp, clean wood that mixes well with the lemon.

My nose doesn’t pick up any pink pepper at all. The citrus lemon is very played down on my skin; I only catch little whiffs of it. But when I do catch those whiffs, I absolutely love the scent! I noticed that when I sprayed some on me in the summer once, the lemon was much more noticeable and made the fragrance more refreshing. But overall, I get mostly crisp wood, florals, and musk.

The projection is not obnoxious, and it's just enough to be noticed. It really begins to fade after 3 hours, and then it wears close to the skin. Seven hours after spraying some on, I can smell it when I put my nose close to my wrist, which is a nice surprise for an eau de toilette. I think this would be ideal for a gently warm, breezy day, but I think it can be worn year-round though. It’s a nice easy scent to just put on and go about your day, which is probably why I've smelled many women wear this. I don’t consider this a unique fragrance at all, but it’s safe so many people would enjoy smelling it.

It smells both classy and casual, and sophisticated and youthful, so it can be worn daily. Even though this is a pleasant scent that smells beautiful on people, it’s just not for me. The woods are too much and, strangely, I don’t get enough citrus on my skin to consider this clean or fresh. Try it yourself and see how it wears! 3.5/5

tinaelisa

Oh my god, I just bought it. Wham bam almost 100 euros lighter in my pocket..!! But it is SO amazing. Don't know why it took me so long to purchase it. It is sooo watery, flowery and sweet. Really über-feminine! I don't understand the 'unisex, mens cologne' comments at all. It is such a fragile and happy fragrance. I would roll around on the ground laughing if a man was wearing this one, expect maby if he was gay ;). I think I am going to make this my summer signature fragrance, together with my Chloe signature, D&G light blue, Ange ou Demon le secret, Nina Ricci Nina and J'adore edt. But I do have a feeling this will be my number one.
Not to mention the lasting power for this light fragrance is very good! It lasts from the morning to the evening without respraying. Now that is a quality a lot of edt's sadly lack..

erely
erely

nah son, the sillage is minimum + it just smells like clean, i noticed boys love it though

laetitiavp
laetitiavp

Being a big fan of citrusy and fresh scents, I had great expectations about Eau Fraiche. As it is found to be similar to Versense, I really thought I would love it. Unfortunately I don't think they are similar at all...
Upon first spray I got a blast of spicy lemon freshness... heaven! But within a few minutes, while I was wandering through the shop, the scent turned into a mere musky clean fragrance before simply fading away... Was the tester a bit old? I'll test it in another shop...
I came to the shop with an intent to buy Chance Eau fraiche. I didn't of course...It is a Chanel, but I don't want to spend so much money just for a name on a bottle! So disappointed!

Edit: I tried it gain in another shop and indeed the tester was stale. Longevity is not exceptional, but better than I first thought. This time I was able to smell something aquatic (water hyacinth I suppose) and vetiver. Not so bad after all! I wish the lemon lasted a bit longer though...

Cadnuim
Cadnuim

This perfume could definitely be unisex scent, it both feminine and masculine. I hate vanilla sickly sweet "girly" fragrances, so this is perfect for me. It smells like Lilt, the fizzy drink with a little bit of pineapple, lemon and grapefruit. The wood is lovely and keeps it warm so it isn't overpoweringly citrus. Perfect for Spring and Summer :D

I definitely want a bottle.

Patate3791
Patate3791

This perfume is my favourite ! Very distinguished and fresh. It's feminine but not girly like some other perfumes. I like the pink pepper heart, smells so good ! The woody drydown is warm and sweet. Long lasting and not too strong, juste the right silliage with two spray.

Snowfairy
Snowfairy

I wanted to love this but I smell like a man in this

jennylovesjohnny
jennylovesjohnny

It's strange because I generally like sweet scents, and this is not billed as a sweet fragrance. However, it is very me. It screams sophisticated, modern young lady to me. It makes me feel empowered and confident when I wear it. It is my scent when I am going someplace important - a job interview or visiting a client or senior management because it says "sexy and confident and intelligent female in your midst". See I don't think perfumes are just about smelling good, they are also about triggering memories, of uplifting the spirit, of evoking confidence and sensuality. Sometimes they are a weapon for the ego!

This fragrance starts off citrusy and woody but then develops a richness from the underlying musk and florals. The dry down is delicious. Clothes smell delicious until you wash them. I have bought numerous bottles of this lovely stuff, the most recent from a Chanel store in Paris. I thought.. Paris... Chanel... must get me a new bottle of Chance Eau Fraiche! Definitely my signature scent.

lara.suzin
lara.suzin

Chanel Chance Eau Fraîche pode exalar cheiros diferentes de acordo com a temperatura do corpo e temperatura ambiente. Se ele estiver aplicado sobre uma temperatura mais alta, mostra-se principalmente amanteigado e doce. Já em temperaturas mais baixas, comporta-se mais fresco e cítrico.
É um cheiro como nenhum outro já sentido.

Chanel Chance Eau Fraîche may emit different smells according to the body temperature and ambient temperature. If it is applied to a higher temperature, it is shown mainly buttery and sweet. Already at lower temperatures, behaves more fresh and citrus.
It smells like no other ever sense. To love it is just knowing how to use it.

MissPearl
MissPearl

..and when the spring days give way to summer aura, and when the sun pours hot embers from a cloudless blue sky the only thing what I dream about is to bathe in it..

It makes me feel like a water-nymph in a beautiful white airy dress that came straight form the first page of Vogue.
Beautiful, free, carefree. Unpretentious.

And I'll take a bat and rebuke anyone who dares to call it a toilet cirtus air freshener!
Beacuse those are the most luxurious citrus notes that I have ever felt.

It is like refreshing and euphoric cool breeze.
Transparent, elegant, feminine, breezy.
No just a simple fresh fragrance. It is a freshness made by Chanel and you can feel that!

jasmine28x

So calming; fresshhh<3 & chiC!!

neenie
neenie

One of my favourites. Whenever I wear it my man comments - that has to be a good thing!

stephanie.hamrick
stephanie.hamrick

It took me a little while to decide on this one. I didn't really expect to like it--fresh scents really aren't my thing as a general rule, and the opening is a little bit generic. But the heart notes of this one do what Esencia de Duende used to do, before my weird skin chemistry started turning it into bathroom cleaner, and I've missed that.

MiriamV
MiriamV

To sharp and too much citrus for my liking, but there is something apealing about it too. It's one of those scents where I can't decide if I really like it or don't.

EDIT: after smelling this on my jacket sleeve the last couple of days i've decided that I like it. It's nice and I imagine the person wearing this scent to be very elegant and sophisticated.

arrode
arrode

Meh, you know, after all the rave reviews about this I gave this fragrance a few chances (haha, Chance, anyone, anyone?). I just kind of feel underwhelmed after everyone's insanely postive review. It does have a slightly masuline feel which I think is an attractive quality after all the very, ultra-girly fragrances out there, but it's just not that amazing. I'm sniffing it now on my wrist a few hours after spritzing some on for the third time over the past few months and I'm just not that crazy about it. It it fresh, a bit masculine, citrusy, but it's just a little too... sharp? I don't know. There's just something about it that I don't much like and for the price tag I think I'll pass. There are other "summery" fresh perfumes out there that are cheaper that I think are a bit better. I think if the price point wasn't so insanely high this would be something I would consider purchasing. Darn you, Chanel.

ellie02
ellie02

I really like this perfume. I tend to like scents with citrus, so this is another favorite of mine. It's unique because it also has the cedar in it, so the lemon is balanced. It's a very fresh scent, great for daytime wear during spring. It's not too strong, but it does linger. One thing I don't like about it, though, is that after 10-12 hours of wear the scent morphs and I really notice the sweet notes if I am hot or work out.

outofocus
outofocus

I have grown very wary of perfumes that come in 4 different colours: Pony by Ralph Lauren, D&G etc. and now Chanel goes with the flow.
Having tried it on a paper strip, my reaction was: Pffffffffffff!!!
Just as the perfume pyramid states: lots and lots of lemmon and that's pretty much it!
I' m sorry to disagree with the majority but I think if this perfume was blind tried instead of being marketed as Chanel, a very different review would result. I do not think much of it, just plain citrusy and nothing else.

Bota
Bota

It is the only perfume, which I've heard a lot of compliments from men and women! I love it!))

pattymello
pattymello

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vanilla1975
vanilla1975

Fresh and strong at the same time. Love the top notes, so sexy! also it is one of rare fresh perfumes which doesn't stink like alcohol, but produces something so classy and feminine...

annasofi
annasofi

I've been using this perfume for 2 years now (used up 3 bottles). It is the only one I keep perchasing and definitly my favorite in my collection. I always wear it at night (dinner, night out, party, banquet...)and almost everytime someone will ask me what perfume i'm wearing, male and female. During day time i will just spray once behind my neck, a little goes a long way.

paulanoog
paulanoog

I really wanted to like this perfume. I love the modern, clean design of the bottle (and all Chanel bottles, really), and the green tint of the liquid. As much as I tried to make it work, it's just not for me. The scent was headache-inducing and had too much of a citrusy bite. I smelled bergamot instead of lemon, and it lasted the whole way through. The dry down made me feel nauseous.

I really didn't think I would like Eau Tendre, but it was absolutely delicious on my skin.

HebaD'Opium
HebaD'Opium

This perfume is so fresh, cheery and just FRESH!!
I love that when you spray it you smell citrus, jasmine and hyacinth, I can feel the pink pepper in there giving it that oomph.....patchouli patchouli patchouli yaaaaaaaaaaaailoveit hehehehe!!
It leaves a fresh-citrusy-musky scent that is perfect for late spring/summer :D
And it really is WOODY, def.

It's such a pretty perfume, wear it by the pool, beach, a morning outing, at work, college....it has no limits AS LONG AS it's daytime hehe I don't think you could wear it at night i mean you can but you can't go to a club wearing it, it'll cause nausea with all the ahem drinking and partying ;P

Suits women of all ages, women who love feeling young, fresh and pretty ;D

Nirsara
Nirsara

I already knew Chance and Chance Eau Tendre before I had the pleasure to try Chance Eau Fraîche. I had no idea what to expect... I love this fragrance!
Eau Fraîche is bottled spring... On gloomy days that I feel like vegetating on my couch I cover myself in Eau Fraîche and I feel more energetic. Love it. The moment I think of Eau Fraîche, I want to run to my treasury of perfume and glue my nose to the bottle.

perfumequeen2
perfumequeen2

this fragrance opens up sharp and fresh like newly cut grass,which i did not like, then to my surprise the dry down is the most sweet,pleasing scent that lies very close to the skin. will have to retire this scent again. but i prefer the eau tendre,or just have to get both.

Juuuliaaa
Juuuliaaa

The original Chance always gave me a slight headache, I felt it was too strong on me. This version is my favorite perfume to wear at work around springtime and summer. I get quite a lot of compliments when wearing this perfume...

MadameBlueMonarch
MadameBlueMonarch

Anyone--please email me if you've compared this to Versense. The information above compares the two and says this reminds wearers of the Versace Versense. Exactly how close are they?

M.B.M

shannon.christensen.986
shannon.christensen.986

I absolutely love this perfume. It's fresh and green, but also very feminine. To me it smells like a florally meadow. It's an uncomplicated, honest scent. It's not showy or bold, yet it makes a lasting impression.

TakaBeata
TakaBeata

Very nice and beautiful scent. I feel him gently and feminine. Into some day after 4 hours I felt the lily like in Cartier Baiser.
Is refreshing but elegant.I largely feel wood-notes with the sweetness of citruses and with jasmine and little hyacinth .I think that it is the best version of Chance.
I love this.

Karinashine
Karinashine

I perceived a dry sent, i also smells leafy fresh.

I'm finally getting around to reviewing Chance Eau Fraiche. I've sampled it so many times, but I can never commit to a full bottle. I keep thinking I need to give it "another chance" (hmm, maybe that's why it's called Chance!) I always feel there's something missing. I guess am wanting more than it will ever be able to give.

I smell mostly an amber/vanilla base with strong bergamot. It could even be lime, but I really don't smell lemon. I love woods, but I don't get much woodiness here. I also don't pick up any pepper at all. This perfume doesn't last long--2 to 3 hours tops--before more must be applied.

It does resemble Versense, and it possesses that CHANEL je ne sais quoi, but this is probably the only time I would choose a Versace over a CHANEL.

My favorite is Eau Tendre, but I prefer Eau Fraiche over the original.

verzosa
verzosa

It's official! I love everything Chanel has brought to the Chance line. This is a crystal like perfume. Clean cut, fresh, and happy. I would like to think of this as a lighter, mellowed down green version of the original Chance.

The sillage is moderate and for an EDT the longevity is great. I imagine anyone who likes the original Chance EDP, would more than likely like this one. I must say, this is the best green scent I've ever owned or smelt.

meligonlan
meligonlan

I love Chanel eau fraiche, but it doesn't last on my skin. After 1 hour it's completely gone. So I decided to buy Versense instead because on my skin it lasts longer and smells so amazing. I always get compliments on how good it smells and feels so classy. Much zestier and without paying loads of $$$$$$. It's a great summer fragrance. It definitely wins over Chanel eau fraiche and that is a LOT to say ladies.

HeavenlyFire
HeavenlyFire

This is my mom's signature scent (I haven't chosen mine yet :/). I just LOVE it. It smells for a long time, too. When my dad gave it to her, first she didn't like it but then she realized how wonderful is smells.

susan1326

Although I have already submitted a review, I recently discovered that the Nivea moisturizing body wash called Touch of Smoothness, Tea Rose Blossom and Almond Essence is redolent with Eau Fraiche fragrance! That's strange, since they don't share a single listed note. Use this body wash and then apply your Eau Fraiche and you'll double the lasting power by layering the two.

This is fresh and green, but there is a bit of a medicinal quality to this, especially at the beginning, that I don't love. As it dries down, this note becomes less noticeable, and this fragrance becomes much more pleasant and warm. It has a lemoney herbal quality, softened by subtle florals and grounded with a woody base. At first sniff, I'm not in love, but after a while, I do like it.

candygirl007
candygirl007

This is a gorgeous sparkling, green, flowery perfume. Amazing powdery, clean dry-down, and fanstastic staying power.
My only criticism is that this perfume is so 'green and clean' that I can only really use it on a beatuful sunny, spring/summer day. It's way too sparkly and sunny to wear for an evening or in the colder months... but I guess that's what the original eau de parfum is made for :)

bersd78
bersd78

My ooworker wears this from time to time and it smells amazing on her! Very stylish and fresh! A definite attention getter!

scenturian

Somehow reminds me Chanel Cristalle Edp.

susan1326

Browsing in the duty-free shop on a cruise, I happened upon this delightful fragrance. I have not bought Chanel since the late 1990s when Allure was my signature scent. I was looking for a citrusy summer scent and really liked Versense, but was sooooo disappointed with its staying power. What I like about Chance Eau Fraiche is that it is an INTERESTING fragrance. Goes on somewhat unisex and morphs into a rich, full citrus/cedar experience while remaining light and fresh. How is that possible? That's what makes it interesting to me. It reminds me a bit of L'Eau par Kenzo-maybe the water hyacinth? I feel there is an aquatic nature to Chance Eau Fraiche as well as the chypre/floral categorizations. I feel justified in spending the money for this lovely scent because it has remarkable lasting effects. And a minimal amount is needed to deliver big results. This is one perfume that doesn't let me down after an hour. As I've noted in previous reviews, hubby is always drawn to vanilla scents (which man isn't, lol). But he loves Chance Eau Fraiche on me! He says it is a head-turner, an unexpected juxtaposition of the fresh/unisex and the feminine. Well, the head-turner part is from him, anyway!

johanna.lindholm
johanna.lindholm

This one I love! It's really fresh and clean, but it doesn't smell like babywipes or something. Doesn't smell cheap at all. Really divine fragrance. I love the bottle, and the fact that the fluid is green, and the longevity of the perfume is great even though it's Eau de Toilette. The price is really expensive though. I have to buy this in the near future!

bflannigan
bflannigan

I was looking for a clean, sophisticated citrus scent so I looked into this perfume. On the tester it definitely fit the bill and I love the scent on other people. Unfortunately it just does not smell very good on me. For some reason this perfume as well as Light Blue end up smelling very buttery on me (truthfully that's the only way I can describe it and I'm not sure what causes it) and it's not a smell I enjoy. I moved on to try Miss Dior Cherie l'eau which was another very sophisticated citrus that did not have the buttery smell but was a little more flowery than I was looking for. I eventually fell in love with Versace Versense which has become my signature fragrance. So I guess I would say try this perfume before buying and try other similar scents.

missylynn78
missylynn78

Very joyful and fresh fragrance, perfect scent for summer! The citrus is nice, and not overpowering. I get a little green and a little woodsy scent blended in with the lemony citrus. I read a few reviews from others about how Chance Eau Fraiche is a little on the expensive side for them, so if you are looking for something similar that's more budget-minded, you might try White Citrus from Bath and Body Works. It's one of my favorites from BBW, and Chance Eau Fraiche reminded me almost exactly of White Citrus, except it's maybe just a tiny bit muskier.

SYLeung
SYLeung

Try twice, my skin still tells me I am not comfortable with citrus, a little headache. When sprayed in the air, I found that it's fresh, lemon. IMO, it's same category of Hermes Sur Le.., Chole Leau..but both of them won't be in my wardrobe. Those are not of my favour, but i believe they must be wonderful for someone else in Spring & summer.

Dmarie0218
Dmarie0218

Cedar, water hyacinthe, pink pepper, teak wood and vetiver make for a fresh, masculine scent with a subtle amount of "girl" somewhere in the mix every now and then. This reminds me of sneaking a spritz of my boyfriend's clean scented cologne. Definitely an everyday perfume.

skylar
skylar

I'm looking for the perfect summer fragrance, and this is probably my favourite from the perfumes I tested lately. This is sexy, refreshing and clean, slightly masculine but in a good way. Many people compare it to Versense, but in my opinion this one is much more interesting. Versense starts off with a sour, harsh in-your-face bergamot, Chance Eau Fraiche is much more subtle in the beginning and the overall composition is better and more sophisticated imho. The longevity is pretty good, probably better than Versense on my skin. This could be a little cheaper if you ask me, but If I ever decide to buy it (I still haven't decided what I want to wear this summer) I guess my money will be well spend.

PerfumeEmporium
PerfumeEmporium

Citrusy, Floral, a little Peppery, and a touch Sweet. A very chic fragrance that smells sophisticated and expensive. It's "fresh" smelling with a citrus pop.

jonr951
jonr951

I FINALLY gave into Eau Fraiche this wk. I did not love the new Light Blue Portofino like I thought I did so I took it back for this beauty. It's green citrusy fresh heaven in a bottle. I thought I would be getting me the Eau Tendre 1st but there is something in its dry-down that really bothers me. Eau Fraiche is perfect. Just perfect for any warm weather. Bravo Chanel on this simple little lovely fragrance. : )

JungleSpark
JungleSpark

I first encountered Eau Fraiche three years ago it's been a wild love affair since, alas I've started to cheat a bit. Though I'll be most likely rotating I'm looking for a new signature. I highly recommend Eau Fraiche it's a very fresh, feminine, energetic scent that I ALWAYS get complimented on!

yi.ying
yi.ying

Fresh, Happy, N Clean...!!!
Love it!!!

sue165

The Perfect Summer Fragrance, u feel fraiche all day long.. :)))

SSkilling
SSkilling

I originally was interested not in Eau Fraische, but in Eau Tender. The reviews I read warned me that Tenre was likely too sweet and flowery for my taste. I am a strong, opinionated woman of tall stature...and can be quite intense...so when I read the reviews on Fraische, I knew there was a good chance it would work for me. I bought it yesterday in London and put some on promptly to try it. The experience was love at first scent. The initial scent is quite strong but in a good, refreshing way. As it dries d becomes more subtle and more distinctly feminine.

movs
movs

I like Chance eau Fraiche far better than the real Chance. I didn't like the peppery opening of Chance and the patchouli was also too strong for my taste

The opening of Chance eau Fraiche is a sour burst of green and citrussy notes. This fresh and crisp scent becomes soft and woody as it settles and there's somthing in it that even makes it slightly aquatic. As I already mentioned, the pepper is very subtle in Chance eau Fraiche and patchouli is muted as well. There's only enough patchouli to give it that caracteristic Chanel finish. Sillage and longevity is not impressive on my skin.

I can understand why a lot of people find Chance eau Fraiche unisex, it is less sweet and floral than many female perfumes.
It is also a very versatile fragrance with a lot of contradictory aspects. It manages to be classic, modern, elegant and casual at the same time. This is the kind of fragrance I especially enjoy wearing during early spring.

In 3 words: CRISP - ELEGANT - WOODY

EauSensuelle
EauSensuelle

Chance Eau Fraiche by Chanel is a fresh spicy chypre floral scent. This is really, class in a bottle.

The scent opens up with a certain amount of seaweed and pancake paste. This is what I dislike.

The middle approaches as the seaweed and the panckae paste start to fade away. I pick up on a rich, watery hyacinth, and it feels like melon-y cucumbers on my skin. There is also a bitter clash between teak wood and patchouli. The patchouli quickly wins, and it's ever so loud about it.

The base is fresh but quite masculine; it is quite a spicy fresh fragrance. Overall, neat. This is definitely my wish list for my next birthday.

A definite fresh new take on Chance.

sweetgirl
sweetgirl

Love this and sprayed this on today from my stash! So classy fresh!

Chanel Man
Chanel Man

Chance Eau Fraiche is the perfect light citrus floral. It has beautiful balance and femininity. It is an ideal Chanel fragrance.

jellybeantree

I used my 100ml bottle down to the last drop. This perfume is perfect! No regrets!!

mamufa
mamufa

somehow I fell in love with it.
Chanel Chance EdP was too strong for me, too masculine (like an unisex scent).
I have a huge bottle of it and it will stay almost untouched probably till my retirement.
But Eau Fraiche is a different story. Lighter, greener, fresher. It is not masculine at all.
At first is sharp, too sharp. Lots of citrus.
It settles down after few minutes. And stays quiet, fresh and warm.
I bought 100ml and plan to use it all this spring and summer.

Edit:
In the end it turned too sharp, too musculine on me. I could't use it anymore.

elisabethgenest

I loveeee eau fraiche, but it really doesn't last on my skin ;( its a mixture of freshly cut wood and citrus. LOVE IT!

jventura489
jventura489

I have a sample of this and I do like it...but it's so expensive and I actually like Flora Gucci Eau Fraiche better, it's fresher and more vibrant for summer and less expensive... This smells too similar to my other sweeter fragrances...

bahartu
bahartu

i love this scent. it smells fresh and softer than the original chance but it is too expensive:(

Its all about citrus. Very nice and fresh every-day-scent for spring and summertime. Great lastingpower on my skin. Sadly I dont like citrus- inspired scents that much..

Mycket citrus i denna doften. Trevlig och fräsch varje-dag-doft för våren och sommaren. Sitter otroligt länge o bra på huden. Tyvärr så gillar inte jag citrus- inspirerade dofter så mycket.

acv43
acv43

i must start this review off by admitting i have a weird history with many perfumes. i love them, hate them, and then love them again. this one is no exception. i tried a sample of this at a department store and loved it immensely, it was a sweet clean citrus fragrance that was mild and refreshing, worlds different from the other chanel fragrances which in general i am not a fan of. i asked my sweetie for a bottle for valentines day, and thankfully he delivered. when i received it it smelled very different from what i remembered, the night i had first smelled it it smelled similar to versense versace which i ultimately ended up purchasing, but when i smelled the bottle he gave me it smelled like too sweet lemonade mixed with an undersmell of something hard to describe, but animal in nature, in short i didn't like it very much. I completely stopped wearing it for several months, distracted by my purchase of Tresor in Love (amazing!). Tonight i tried it again and love it inexplicably, to me it smells like a delicious concoction of lemon and lime sweetness tamed with the comforting scents of precious woods and dewy greens, accented with a touch of sweet spice. it smells like drinking a refreshing citrus beverage in a garden after a soft rain, with the smells of earth and nature mingling beautifully. In short i love it now. Yay!

ION
ION

Well, olfactory speaking there is something "thin" about "Chance Eau Fraiche" (where "thin" put the opposite of "volume") and that, (at least in this case), isn't quite a compliment.
It most certainly is "fraiche", one would actually say that it is more "fraiche" than it is "Chance", and that isn't a compliment either.
Still, I like the way it looks.

kiki_belle
kiki_belle

I wore Chance when it first came out and I loved it. It has since become one of those scents that TONS of women wear. On almost a daily basis, someone will walk past me and I'll get a huge waft of Chance that lingers in my nostrils for a good 30 seconds. That's one of the things I love and hate about Chanel perfumes-- they're VERY strong and they have insane staying power. It's only a problem, because some people douse themselves in 10 spritzes of an already too-strong fragrance.

I love the Eau Fraiche version of Chance, especially the Moisture Mist, because it's a lighter and more subtle version of the original, yet still lasts as long and smells as potent as your average perfume. One spritz of the Eau Fraiche moisture mist is enough to get the lovely floral and citrus notes-- that only yourself and those who are within 1 ft of you will smell!!

babylima
babylima

smells like melon to me, very refreshing and pleasant.
doesnt last tho.

shullygully
shullygully

A unique scent. Its definitely citrusy but quite grassy too. I also feel that it smells sharp and clean. Its not at all sweet. Absolutely loved it when I first got it but now it seems like something is missing in this scent.

vuvubaribe
vuvubaribe

i sampled it last night and i loved it. it is to me for young people witch i am yay. anyways i try to convince my mom to get it but she was all like its to expensive sigh.i love it and ill get it my mom needs a lil but more convincing. that the price is worth the smell. she actually liked it. but again price. any ways its a fresh but elegant smell for girls.that will last for hours

darrshanjvoraa
darrshanjvoraa

reviews of

surprising, i too found it better than chance edp, this is with a slight twist which makes it beautiful, my neighbour loves this and after me wearing this fragrance , she buys vials of this frm me,

Juliana6

This is a divine frag! When I use it in the morning, I feel clean, fresh and ready to start this day, ready for every challenge.
Citrus, wood, fresh breeze... It's THE life!!! Love it!

martinezSVK
martinezSVK

its amazing , yesterday my baby came to me for my birthday from the 1st moment as i sniffed it on her i just wanted to kiss her neck all day :) girls try this its very fresh lime+wood type of fragrance I fall in love with this :)

JazzBirdSinger
JazzBirdSinger

first let's get this straight: i am NOT a chanel girl.
too french, too bougie, too presumptuous, toooo "womanly".
i cringe at the uber chic and sophisticated put together flawless image this brand connotes because, i am the opposite, dark, jazzy, carefree and natural.
amazingly, chance eau fraiche is all that i am and more.
smooth cedar, and a tart lip smacking citrus over a dewy lush green bouquet.
i am soooo excited to have this, thanks to another fantastic swap with my goddess on fragrantica, candymarie!

elisabethgenest

Ohh and I forgot to add that it makes me feel like a sexy/chic tennis player. hope this helps ;)

elisabethgenest

I'm so addicted to this little jewel of a perfume. This is my new addition to my perfume collection and I'm in love. I used to be a light blue type of girl, but eau fraiche has so much more attitude and freshness. Honestly its my pick me up weapon and it cheers me up too when i have the blues. This one is recommended alors allez y et essayez le sans tarder!!! ;)

xsxcstarx
xsxcstarx

sounds cheeky but i saw this on someones bathroom shelf,it looked appealing so i thought i might as well try some. so glad i did! this perfume is one of a kind its fresh,fruity & really long lasting.It almost smells masculine,But thts what i love about it. I love it! I just wish it was cheaper :/

perfumaholic22
perfumaholic22

I sampled this perfume recently at Macy's, or should I say the 30 some year old perfume lady at Macy's ATTACKED me with a spritzed card yelling that this perfume was "for our generation". o_O

Needless to say, Chanel Chance Eau Fraiche is a nice, pretty perfume that has good staying power. I like the beautiful mix of fruits and florals without it going into the sickly sweet area. I'd like to own this perfume, but it's a bit too expensive for my budget.

LadyNatalie

This is very nice!! Very fresh and elegant, i like it!! For every age this is beautiful, one of my favorites for a sophisticated day time date or event, along with Miss Boucheron!! Can't go wrong with it!! perfect for all year round, but if you live in a colder place then it will not be so likeable!!
I really like sharp fresh smells, citrusy and floral, if youre really into that, i recommend smelling Pure White Linen, Pure White Linen Brezze and the Escales Collection from Dior!

cynthiac
cynthiac

Superbly intoxicating - as expected, from the house of Chanel.

A quick whiff from the bottle sends out fresh, fruity and mildly spicy notes that tingle the senses.

Warm and cool all at once, a beautiful combination of citrus, floral and woods.

A long lasting, vibrant, almost playful fragrance that's perfect for any occasion.

Latoya
Latoya

Fresh and sharp. Opens with lots of citrus!Through the citrus you can notice some floral notes which are balanced perfectly together with the woody notes.The fragrance gives you energy.It's cool and original. Great for everyday use. It lasts for over 5 hours. Sophisticated and stylish, thanks Chanel!

kazuno
kazuno

The best version of Chance to me: fresh, bright, feminine and persistent even if it seems like a summer breeze. I also love the simplicity of the design, really elegant. Absolutely a must-have!

bamse.tramse
bamse.tramse

I totally dislike this one because of it's prominent aquatic scent, it doesn't have one ingredient for me to like, luckily I won it in a magazine contest.

stanfoz
stanfoz

this is such a intersting sexy zesty smell . it has depth & spiciness which is fab mix as some fresh perfumes dont have depth and end up smelling like cleaning products. it is also sparkling and fizzy!! boyfriend thinks its sexy-always a plus!! i love the original chance which is more autumnal this is def for the longer light warm evenings and ocean breezes . ( thou i have to say i quite like wearing summer smells in winter as they lift my spirits and keep me looking forward to spring/summertime )

jellybeantree

I love this, omg you can't go wrong with Chanel! I am surprised I love this so much, I never would have thought it was my style! +AAAAAAA. It gets better the longer its on your skin!
UPDATE: When I woke up in the morning the first thing I smelt was Chance eau fraiche on me. Oh how lovely!

mademoiselle-c
mademoiselle-c

This is a very lovely fresh fragrance. I had it when I was 16-17 and it is just reminiscent of a stroll through Paris in the spring. Very uplifting with a hint of masculinity; it still maintains its distinct femininity. Lovely.

jellybeantree

Just an update , comparing this to Dior cherie l'eau, I have to say Chanel eau fraiche has way more personality and character! DCL to me is very bland and simple. I really didn't like it all too much! CEF is very interesting and smells much more sophisticated compared to D and G light blue. I find it too sharp!

cupcakeprincessponies
cupcakeprincessponies

That anyone can criticize this perfume just a bit, is incomprehensible to me! Chance Eau Fraiche is the only perfume I can say I really just love. It makes me feel classic, elegant, clean and incredibly special. This is an example of a strong, fresh, citrus scent - but still it's not "dangerous" to use at all, and you take no chance with this, because it is so classic that you can't go wrong with it.

All women of all ages can pull this of! Believe me, you will get so many compliments - and as a bonus, it just last all day long.

Opium
Opium

Sophisticated, Fresh, Elegant, Beautiful, Long-lasting, Sparkling, Classy, Ladylike, Flirty, Seductive...

It's a excellent pick-me-up scent! For confidence!

Citrus + Cedar + Musk = WOW! mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm yum! :)

GORGEOUS ;)

Kione
Kione

I know a girl who wears it and smells like fly killer spray on her (I am really sorry but its the truth). Its smells ok sometimes but other times I get this weird smell.

Today whent to the shop with another friend who wants to buy it sometime cos she loves it and told me to spray it on me to see what I thought, I didn't have the heart to tell her that for me smells like fly killer, and to my surprise smelled like that at first, to high, citrusy and tangy to start with but then it quietes down to a very fresh lively floral, then the musk comes in and makes it even sweeter which makes a very good dry down. And I really liked it!

Edit to say that the longevity was amazing on me, lasted for about 8 hours!

sofiii
sofiii

Sweet citrusy optimistic opening of Chanel Chance Eau Fraiche makes it an instant love, it has a type of sparkling feel in it without being sparkling. I owned this perfume for about two years from now, and it was the type of go-to perfume when I newly purchased it and it is one of the perfumes that opens up the door to the wonderful perfume world for me.

After the sparkling citrusy sweet opening, there’s this really Coco Mademoiselle type of sweet, a bit chypre fruity sweet smell. It is not too synthetic-plastic-fruity-floral, nor too much aquatic that makes it cheap and typical sports perfume, it’s not too sickly sweet either. Somehow I can’t describe what Chance Eau Fraiche smells like, but I know what it’s not. It makes me think of cucumber(for the green, fresh, lively feel) and then refreshing desert(for the gradually sweetening yet not cloying quality). There is something grand, sweet, vanilla yet higher than vanilla in the base, but covered up by swirls of quasi-Coco Mademoiselle type of patchouli and the fruity sporty feel.
Can’t believe I used to think Chance Eau Fraiche should be the best perfume ever made, how naïve I was. However, I can see why it can instantly win a lot of girls’ hearts. Eau Fraiche is not the typical sophisticated Chanel, and I find Coco Mademoiselle and the Chance line are rather generic in comparison with the other Chanel perfumes, yet they are arguably the most popular among any newbies who’s getting into the perfume world because they are so likable and also have relatively speaking high quality of ingredients.

Unfortunatelly the dry down of Eau Fraiche is not that fresh on me, it’s quite creamy and sweet, but not the type of monotone-y vanilla scent I like, it’s more a mixed floral gourmand sweetness which also appears in Choprad Happy Spirit (which I gradually got sick of due to the dry down).

Might be a lovely elegant second or third perfume for a girl, but…gradually the magic of Chance Eau Fraiche disappears when more perfumes being discovered by the girl.
Still, worth trying and Chance Eau Fraiche might the stapler in your wardrobe for one year or two.

Koukla190
Koukla190

I tried this and really loved this it in the beginning, it smelled pretty, soft, fresh and clean, but then after a while it turned and started to remind me of men's cologne..so I don't really like it...too bad, because the opening was nice

kathrinaaguir
kathrinaaguir

I must tell this is the only scent I like from chanel. Is fresh, cheerful, young and the most I like is that makes me feel clean.
It does not smell like lemonade or 7up, like my boyfriend says about all chanel "eau fraiche" scents.
I highly recommend this one for a spring/summer time.

the sun
the sun

For some reason i love this one.Very green,fresh and breezy.Perfect idea for summer.When outside +30,you can wear easy and still feel fresh and sophisticated.I tried many other fresh and green parfumes,but i was not inspired.So,chanel is chanel.And staying power great is well.

Silhouette_
Silhouette_

I'm sorry, but this one seems to be the Chanel for people who are afraid of proper Chanel. In other words, the price you pay in this case buys you the brand's name printed nicely on the bottle, and very little else. What's inside you could definitely have for less money: Harshly and botheringly fresh scent that has almost nothing to do with the rest of the house's production. What's more, its wearers often love it so much they seem to bath in it. Good for flaunting in ladies' locker room after your aerobics class, if you're thus inclined.

Ohkit
Ohkit

hate it on my skin, hate it on others but works OK as an air freshener. Unisex (not that I don't like slightly masculine scents, but this one is unisex...in a bad way), too common and way too forgettable. don't like it

candymarie
candymarie

If there were ever a woman's fragrance begging to be unisex, it's this one!

Fresh and cool, like so many men's colognes, with a citrus and earthy mixture of interesting notes. Great sillage and staying power.

thessapieters
thessapieters

Sophisticated, fresh and a little bit 'manly' i.m.o. Not (!) in a bad way, but it has that slightly unisex feel to it. This makes it unique compared to all those sweet and 'sexy' scents out there (which can be very nice on certain woman, but not for me..) An interesting and 'multidimentional' scent as well.
Chance eau fraiche is my favorite on summer days, great to wear to work. The best fresh scent i found so far!
If you're looking for an everyday scent that lasts and you will not get bored of... try it sometime!

anna23.BB
anna23.BB

so fresh I love it but watch out,don't get addicted to it coz if u use it for long time u won't like any other scent ;)

Grottola
Grottola

Chance Eau Fraiche is a wonderful fresh fruity-green fragrance. Makes for a good masculine and is very refreshing and pleasant. I don't really get florals, but I do get a big lactonic peachy note in the top. Really juicy. Other than that, there isn't an ounce of femininity to this in my opinion. Very good sillage and longevity.

Check it out!

aleherz
aleherz

estoy muy triste porque compré este perfume, realmente me encanta el color, el envase y veo que a mucha gente le gusta, pero en mi no funcionó!! huele demasiado floral en vez de fresco, no lo aguanté y quería bañarme, además mis compañeras comenzaron a preguntar que qué era ese olor raro como a limón :'(

Siv55
Siv55

Astonishing wake for a fraiche fume. I followed a woman in the shopping centre today and asked her what she was wearing. I was amazed when she said "Chance, the green one." Did not seem that "fraiche" and I didn't expect it to have remarkable sillage either. Subtle classy smell, and yet the stuff rolled off her in clouds.. What you want really. I take it back, I may have found a Chanel I like after all.. I will test again.. I didn't like the top notes before, something green but oily I thought :/

madhatter1
madhatter1

Nice surprise, liked the fresh clean earthy smell. Its smell reminded me slightly of versace versense. Chanel is such an expensive priceline for the products. Ive never bought Chanel. I personally tend to buy a fragrance where my dollar per ounce goes further!

mirna86
mirna86

I love this perfume, it´s my favorite of the 3 Chanel Chance, It´s super fresh, femenine and it has the perfect balance of sweetness, I really love it, I prefer the fresh, not too sweet and fruity perfumes, and I realized that I like the chypre ones, I used to think I only liked the fruity-floral scents. In conclusion, I´m in love with Chance Eau Fraiche! 10/10

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

This is indeed a very fresh, airy perfume, it's my sister's favourite fragrance (in fact it is the only fragrance she will wear). It is very green and clean, the hyacinth and musk are the most dominant notes to me, with a hint of vetiver humming below the surface. I would have called this a Floral Green rather than a Floral Chypre. This is very nice for spring or summer.

ebonyeyes
ebonyeyes

Fresh, breezy and very summery and a little masculine. I have been lemming this for a while now but its too expensive. I will enjoy spraying it when I visit stores with testers.

Kittycat63
Kittycat63

Chance Eau Fraiche is a lovely perfume. Light, fresh, classy and elegant, it's not dissimilar to the original Chance but is just a lighter, fresher version.

To me Chance Eau Fraiche doesn't smell at all masculine or heavy, unlike some of the other reviewers' comments about it. I think because of its freshness, with a little woodiness, it isn't overly girly but neither is it manly - maybe it could be classed as an asexual perfume!! Either way, it's a lovely scent and one that I always have a few spritzes of whenever I'm passing through a department store fragrance section. I always find it quite energizing and it makes me feel very sophisticated. Even the colour of the perfume is really nice, and the bottle is simple but stylish. Oh, and the longevity of the perfume is great - it lasts forever on my skin.

In my opinion, all three Chance perfumes are the best in the Chanel range of perfumes and I really like all three of them.

I really need to get my own bottle of Chance Eau Fraiche a.s.a.p!!!

flowerbombhannah
flowerbombhannah

This perfume makes me feel nostalgic of summer vacations spent in Germany...it breathes of fresh green hills, a blue sky, and puffy white clouds...dreamy!

abigail5328
abigail5328

Fresh, breezy, bright, clean, crisp, energizing, sparkling, vibrant, uplifting, elegant, sophisticated “Fresh Water” fragrance!
It starts out with a refreshing combination of citrus and cedar that smells a little bit masculine upon first application which slightly comes off as a men’s aftershave. But this soon wears off as the fragrance develops into a soft feminine floral. The drydown is a nice blend of musk, woods, vetiver and patchouli. I was rather pleased that the patchouli wasn’t strong to the point of a headache. As this is the effect patchouli normally gives.
The sillage is great without being too strong or overpowering. The longevity is also fantastic for an EDT! I can still smell this on my skin hours later.
It still has that ‘mature’ quality that all Chanel fragrances have.
This is so well balanced, complex and very wearable.
The perfect fragrance for that hot summer’s day!
This one will definitely get you compliments!
And comes in a sleek classy bottle!

ROSDAYNA
ROSDAYNA

Fabulous Summer Scent!!!

Yah-el
Yah-el

Someone at my office wears this. I love it! Sometimes it smells like lollypops when I pass her area. Chance Eau Fraiche is lollypops and organza to me. Sweet and elegant!

ravjan
ravjan

I love it! And I want it pour homme. Get rid of that pink lettering, rectangular-ize the bottle and I'll be your first client :)

huiyt
huiyt

Very soft, I like it.

bunny
bunny

My signature scent at the moment! I feel it is a perfume version of me! =D

Chance Eau Fraiche is a fresh woody impression dressed up in the feminine sentiment of flowers and the elegance of Chanel. It contains a moderate amount of sophistication.

The initial impression was very "Chanel". 5-10 minutes later, it was turning into a fresh floral scent. This middle note is what I think the most beautiful and sophisticated part of this fragrance. Then gradually and smoothly, it glides into a woody smell with a little complexity. The fragrance stayed intense for a long time.

The original Chance smells quite similar, but it's the unique kick of Eau Fraiche that really connected with me. Eau Tendre is a little sweeter and more different from the other two, and I can see more women liking the Eau Tendre.

I'm sure I will be liking it for quite a long time. I hope Chanel keeps making Chance Eau Fraiche for as long as I am in love with it.

perlaj
perlaj

fresh, light as a breeze

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

This is a gorgeously fresh summer/spring scent that's lively and uplifting. On application, I'm welcomed with warm, moderately soft woody lemon with a sprinkle of bright pepper to add a little more dimension.

I'm loving the wood in this fragrance as it adds some ground to something that could be quite flighty and sharp. Patchouli gives a soft earthiness without being obvious to the nose, and amber a lasting radiance.

ilikethequiet's review below is pretty accurate to what I encounter all the way through too. A complex and well blended scent that evokes a feeling of clean, simple refreshment.

ilikethequiet
ilikethequiet

Chance Eau Fraiche certainly lives up to it's name: The opening is bright and clean, very fresh indeed, but the wood notes are present from the start. To my nose, those notes round out and warm the citrus opening beautifully.

The jasmine is so pretty in the middle notes; the florals remind me of spring flowers and green grass. It's very clean and refreshing.

The dry down is elegant, a shade of powder softening the earthy, woody notes in the base. Chance Eau Fraiche is a beautiful perfume for spring and for daytime. A light spritz low on the stomach will last all day without overpowering the senses- perfect for office wear.

I think I still prefer the original Chance to this version, but nevertheless, both perfumes are wonderful.

anraneiro82
anraneiro82

I think I ended up getting this by accident. I need to try regular Chance. This smelled too woody for me; w/out the "woodiness" this would have been great!

Killercolours
Killercolours

I wish I got my ass out there to buy a full size. Had a sample that I loved to death and almost never used just because I were too afraid to end it. Haha. This is so fresh and sexy with the perky citrus opening that later turns into something greener and deeper. Sexy yet work appropriate! Can I say that I love it once more? I guess. Yeah, I love it.

Woodfaery
Woodfaery

Got a free sample from Macys. I like the fresh opening...its like a burst of skittles and I normally don't like lemon scents. It smells expensive...lol.Someone made a reference to lemon cheesecake and thats exactly what the dry down smells like on me. But in a weird way I like it. I don't know if I want to invest in a big bottle just yet. We'll see....
****WAIT...Its changing...even better I think I smell...sexy? Very different...it does very well with my chemistry.(slight hint of Irish Spring soap) Still can't decide if I want to invest.

pinki
pinki

Tried a sample of this I got when buying a Chanel nail polish (black pearl: gorgeous!) and had to wash it off. Too soapy, fruity and aggressive on me! I could see that it is nice and fresh on others, just didn't agree with my chemistry.

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

Fresh and pretty, but somehow feels a little too "green" for my chemistry.

Lady Love
Lady Love

Could Chance Fresh version rival the original?

We are not used to like alternative versions, because they allways fail in bringing something new, but the opposite happens with Chance Eau Fraiche.

Chance Eau Fraiche never fails to make me feel fresh, feminine and beautiful, it manages to perfectly combine clean and sophisticated. The scent lasts very well!

I was impressed by this teen-girl version, because Chanel always makes scents that I think are a bit mature (and I love them), but it is time to smell something more fresh ,so this fragrance fulfill my expectations.

lizaan
lizaan

I want this perfume SO bad but it's quite expensive and I'm kinda on a perfume shop-stop right now.
It's a pretty classic chanel bottle, always in style. And the fragrance is so fresh and young just love it! Can't wait to get my hands on it until then I'll just have to go try testers in store.

sveta_m2001
sveta_m2001

I adore this fragrance and have been in love with it for a few years already. Everything is so nicely balanced to create this unforgettable signature aroma for women of any age. Fresh and sexy indeed! :)

carolcabbagerose
carolcabbagerose

Beautiful, fresh, clean citus. One for hot days and warm nights. For linens and flowing dresses.
I think this one is great for all ages.
Who would not enjoy a little whaft of this one passing by in the isle on a sweaty plane on its way to the Caribbean!
A really great take on the original, which is not for hot days at all.
I guess it all comes down to timing!

I really did not enjoy this perfume and like the regular Chance better. The Eau Fraiche opens with a burst of citrus, which I am not a fan of to begin with. About 20 minutes later, I get a smell that basically seems like a light men's cologne with a touch of vanilla. The drydown is ok, but very unoriginal. It smells like vanilla and sandalwood on me. I don't smell any of the notes mentioned in the base above and can't see how this could be called a chypre in any way. The citrus overpowers the whole creation.

Nat13
Nat13

As soon as I smelt this I immediately thought of Estee Lauder - Pleasures Delight.

A quick trip to my room and a comparison spritz , ..and yep, the Chanel is fresher smelling, but the diff is very minimal b/n the scents of these two.

The Chanel does have an edge, lasts longer, and has my preference, but if price is a factor and you live in a moderate climate, get the Pleasures Delight instead. If you live in area's of extreme heat tho, that little bit of freshness is going to matter, so opt for the Chanel.

This is all citrus and musk on me at the onset - both slightly sweet and refreshing at the same time. The citrus fades from the top, but the freshness is retained by what I am guessing is the Water Hyacinth. I can detect a watery, fresh, almost 'honeydew melon' scent in the heart of this anyway. It seems (to me) it is this note that seperates it from Pleasures Delight.

I am wondering now tho if the Eau Fraiche is a lighter fresher version of Chance, just how similar to Pleasures Delight is Chance then? Maybe someone with both (or all 3) can enlighten me/us here????

Oh, and yes, I agree with Valentino, a guy could do this scent and get away with it very nicely :-) And yes, the freshness just lasts and lasts with this one.

UPDATE - 20 hours in and I can still smell this. The sillage is so,so, ..but my goodness the lasting power of this is amazing! Soft scents usually go on me in a few hours, this sticks like glue. I noticed another reviewer getting 24 hours out of it, ... but two that only got a few hours, so make your own mind up there.

caki
caki

It smells like summer and lasts too long on my skin. Each notes are different from each other and each one smells pretty.

Cocobear
Cocobear

I like the smell, but I am quite disappointed with the bottle, I put mine in my purse (because it doesn't last very long, I have to spray again mid-day). Couples days later, I found the silver chrome on the bottle is peeling and it looks so cheap. I though Chanel should have a better quality on the bottle besides the round shape looks cheap too.

Valentino
Valentino

Inspired by all the talk about 'gender bending' of scent on Fragrantica, I decided to road test this as a masculine. I put on a good dose (kindly supplied by my mother who loves the stuff) and went out for the evening with my friends(dinner/movies).

My verdict is; best 'Sport' frag for a man by miles! I compared this to Allure Homme Sport, Gucci by GpH Sport, Dior Homme Sport and Lacoste Essential Sport. The green note in Chance Eau Fraiche is fresher and more uplifting, although Gucci by GpH Sport runs it close. The big difference here is that the same green note lasts all the way through without tarnishing. It also has a nice natural quality to it which I didn't get from some of the men's frags.

Some very beautiful young ladies turned around in the queue at the movies to check me out. Alas, I couldn't ask them if it was because I smelled great or because I was wearing the same cologne as them. Anyway, as someone who used to wear vintage Habit Rouge, this felt like a safe choice for a guy.

Chanel, how about a 'Chance Homme' or Chance Homme Sport if you must, with a touch more vetiver in the base. Yeah, that's what I'm talking about!

Trvevil
Trvevil

Hmm.. I liked it very much from sample, but actual testing on skin revealed it to be similar to Bright Crystal *-* Tho, after some time it's more than that- it is a fresh fragrance with pretty complexity. I BET my mother would love it, it's so 'her'. Meanwhile I love love love original Chance [heart]

hathor
hathor

I've almost finished my first bottle of this and am going to be replacing it soon. i really love it, find it easy to wear even in hotter weather when i have trouble wearing perfumes. this bottle has gone like an express train. i find it doesn't really go with the advert, which tends to make me think it's for a plastic teenage doll. but it is young and fresh, with a slightly masculine edge to it. my BF doesn't agree, he thinks it's "chanel unworthy" but he's a bit of a classic snob. i like to keep my tastes up to date as well as enjoying classics. this one packs more of a punch than Eau Verte, which i also like. when i first smelled it at the perfume store i said to the assistant "this has got balls!!" of all the perfumes i've worn recently this gets the most compliments. for me it smells of the garden on a spring morning, fresh, green and sparkling. i might even treat myself to the body cream as well!!

pshycogirl-81
pshycogirl-81

Now this eau fraiche is something awesome.
Seems to mellow so well with my body chemestry,it is very wearable, non-offensive at all and I love it the most because it has the ability of putting me in such a good mood!!!!So if u like chypre citrusy smells with a bit of character then this is the one u should go for!

echopark119
echopark119

Like I think many have said this smells like summer! I got a little tester of it and the first time I tried it I was a bit 'Meh.' (indifferent that is, lol!) Since I had the tester I thought I might as well use it and it really grew on me! Now, it's not 'WOW!' but it is very pleasant. When I wear it I imagine a sunny summer day with a light breeze, hanging out with friends in the garden/back yard drinking lemonade. Actually, this perfume smells like a sweet, cool summer drink! Yum!

melia
melia

I have read that -surprisingly- men seem to like this one on their females... On one hand I am not surprised, because lots of men like crisp clean scents on women, and this discription suits chanel au fraiche very well. Bút... on the other hand, to me it smells like a perfume a guy could wear (because of this piercing citrus and some woodiness)! So I guess guys like their girlfriends smelling like theirselves... something like that. It is sparkly and girly though, but has something 'mens colognish' in it too.

Barbie Salas
Barbie Salas

I like it. So fresh, light and soothing.

Fragrance
Fragrance

For me it's like lemon juice with too much sugar... :) but it's a pleasant scent...I think it's more suitable for summer ... specially for a very hot day.. Like the perfume... but I'm not in love with it..

Stbwo
Stbwo

The first time I sprayed this, it smelt heavenly, I felt so fresh. It reminded me of spring and summer. It works on my skin FANTASTICALLY.

guest_Cyber_Txt
guest_Cyber_Txt

If your after a classy, sexy smell and want loads of compliments buy this. Women that are saying this is a mediocre scent... have you even bought this?! I love it when my girlfriend wears this, I cant seen to keep away from her neck and other places she wears it...

Annica
Annica

I think this is a fragrance for those who want to smell clean and fresh and who don´t like "loud" fragrances. When the citrus has calmed down it becomes very discreet, almost like a bodylotion. I think it is nice, but not nice enough to buy it.

elusivek
elusivek

It took a minute for the alcohol smell to dissipate but I suppose that's to be expected with an eau de fraiche.
When I first put it on I get the citrus and cedar, it's mouthwatering. Then the floral starts to emerge w a bit of a powdery scent. In its finality, it's floral w a unique woodsy/green note. Odd thing is it almost seems...flat and one dimensional. Even so, I probably still would have gone for it if it hadn't faded in less than an hour and a half.
eta:
It doesn't give me the impression of being a "younger" scent as others have stated. I think it's more sophisticated than that and imo it's a perfect summer scent for work.

Casi
Casi

Chance Eau Fraiche is everything that I wanted the original Chance to be. Eau Fraiche has plenty of character and it's contradictions actually compliment eachother rather than confuse. There is a sparkling, juicy freshness that is complimented by a dry, spicy warmth. There is an all-natural tart sweetness to Eau Fraiche that, when combined with the fresh green note of cedar, creates such an uplifting and happy fragrance. This is so well balanced, complex and very wearable...and, dare I say, chipper?

lialuvhatetragedy
lialuvhatetragedy

this is my love at first sniff. On my skin it started with a burst of green freshness; not utterly green like No.19, i definitely can smell the lemon and cedar. I get the cedar mostly and this frag stays mossy-woody on my skin for hours until the drydown which actually i find quite similar to the original Chance. It smells sparkling green & sweet at the same time (not candy sweet). I didn't get the floral notes at all . This frag also have that kind of classic hair cream smell that gives it a slightly masculine touch imo. I love this frag so much & it has become a staple in my wardrobe now. A wonderful modern chypre!

Sillage is good and longevity is superb.
On the skin 24 hr +/-
i love to spray perfumes behind my ears cos it'll stay longer when my hair touches them. This frag lingers on my hair like almost 2 days even after washing it with shampoo, amazing!

sue165

perfect for hot summer days, very fresh, clean, not overpowering

panda0410
panda0410

Clean, fresh, everything its supposed to be. Everything but unique - which is fine as well. I just think there are a lot of other citrusy lemon based frags on the market as well and theres nothing *must have* about this particular scent.
Having said that its nice for everyday perfume, office or casual wear, and sometimes you just want something "comfortable, wearable" you know?

I like Eau Fraiche, but I'm not sure if I like it enough to purchase a big bottle. I may use what I have left and save my spring Chanel purchase for Eau Tendre - which is absolutely beautiful.

LadyNatalie

I like it, subltle, green, fresh and clean, much better than the original Chance that smells strong, lady-like, but i sense in both some what of a chemical smell, i wont buy it because it doesnt last on my skin.

clubsauce
clubsauce

Simple, clean, refreshing flanker that does not seem as cloying as the original Chance. Perfect for the office. Chance Eau Fraiche isn't the most unique or interesting fragrance, but there are times where one requires something "inoffensive" and this is a classy one to fit that bill.

I only like the fresh and sparkling citrus note in the beginning. But then it really starts to remind me the original Chance that I don't like a lot.

Nicole79
Nicole79

Chance eau Fraiche EDT.
Sparkling, fresh (green) and bittery scent !
Very nice , perfect for the summer ...it's very *invigorating* :)
It is not so similar with the original Chance!
This one is more fresh and clean, more "Light ", i mean as intensity !
Staying power and sillage are very good!!!
I like it ! ....:)...

juliane
juliane

I came to this one first because I love chanel's scents (my to say so signature is coco mademoiselle) and second because a friend of mine always told me she gets compliments from men all time when she's wearing this one...

I love that top note which smells strangely like something from childhood, like balloons or so (is this the cedar?!) and lemon adds a fresh sparkle. But I never realise it as lemon, somehow it's really abstract while being natural and that makes it very beautiful. In me it evokes the picture of a sunny ultra blue sky with some white clouds and balloons with little postcards on a cord are flying away into it.

For me it's no way masculine! It's super feminine because it has a subtle, funny sweetness and after the top note the flowers are evolving. The base note is very light but stays quite long for such a fresh scent, it melts into your skin. still it has a rest of the flowers but also a woody softness.

Enchantia
Enchantia

A sparkling, classy, sophisticated, stylish (list goes on), airy and fresh scent. I am so glad Chanel created this Eau Fraiche version after the original Chance, which I find a little strong and a bit too similar to Coco Mademoiselle. My 100ml bottle is almost used up and am planning to get another bottle. I feel incomplete without spraying it before I leave for work.

Aroussa

I'd love love love this scent for summer. But the trouble is, it's so popular, everyone and her sister seem to be wearing it! I'm torn between choosing something else and smelling unique, or just going with my fave Chance Eau Fraiche and the heck with it all! Help!

Gosha
Gosha

I am pretty amazed by the jolly, youthful crispiness of this scent - I expected something quite "mature" and "stylish" (in a bit restricted way),maybe even a bit stagnant somehow, but this is full of movement and optimism. It IS stylish and elegant as well, but somehow in a girly, smiley and free way. I think this would suit to girls of any age (as long as they feel like girls and not like important ladies)! :-D.
I really enjoy the first moments after application of this fragrance - I seem to smell grapefruit among the citruses (wonderful!) and I love the very gentle, clean, slightly sweetish and woody development. It doesn't change much, true, it just slightly cristallizes. :-) This fragrance indeed is cute and elegant at the same time. Beatiful!

As Joy
As Joy

Eau Fraiche is a really apt name for this lovely fragrance! It couldn't be fresher or lovelier. I think that in this perfume, "fresh" has been done in a very sophisticated way, so that it isn't too obvious or disturbing like in L'eau D'Issey, for example. In addition, the citrusy notes are not "headache" notes like they tend to be in so many other citrus fragrances. I first smelled this on a 30-year-old woman and asked her what perfume she was wearing because she smelled so very, very good.

dina
dina

It's a very fresh fragrance, very citrusy, however, on my skin, the dry down smells very medicinal !!
I would rather buy Jaguar Fresh which is almost identical, only smells even better, has a lovely airy dry down and costs a fraction of this pricey Chanel !

Chantal
Chantal

I love the concept of chance. It is young, vibrant, sparkling. I bought this to celebrate my 20th birthday last year. I love it; it is very fresh but not in a flowery way.

It is a woody smell I find, and I love that, but I prefer the way it smells in the bottle to how it smells on me... On my skin, it changes within moments, the elements that I like morphing into something I don't like. I wish it smelled good on me.

Also, the dry down is disappointing, I don't know if it's just on me(skin chemistry I normally don't have problems with, but everyone is different), it might be. I find that it does not transition through various phases like other perfumes. It seems almost... synthetic? It could just be me, but I find that it doesn't develop or change once it's on, and the heat of my skin makes the scent turn right away. I'm used to Dior, (if you wear a lot of CD's creations, you know what I mean when I say that I'm used to scents that transition into something new and wonderful with every passing hour, and so I'm disappointed when Chance just sits there and does nothing. I LOVE love love the smell in the bottle, but on my skin the experience is not much to rave about. I wish it smelled as good on me as it does on my chothes. C'est la vie, ainsi que les parfums. Misère!

Grehjohrt
Grehjohrt

This perfume is great because it smells the same in the bottle and on skin. The citrus smell makes it very clean and fresh.

pinkywithabrain2020
pinkywithabrain2020

This is like a sexy fresh spring day...great for the spring and summer and during the day...it doesn't quite last very long with me...unless I just can't smell it anymore. Oh and you're welcome Dark Curls!!! Enjoy!!!

jae
jae

WOW... This is a MUST for Summer. I can't believe that I've waited this long to check this one out. It's FRESH!!
The longevity is pretty good and the sillage is a winner. I don't find this masculine at all. But it doesn't strike me as feminine, either. After smelling this and Chance Eau Tendre side-by-side, I seriously think that this one could have been launched for men and still had been a success. But Chanel mainly caters to women - I understand.
Chance Eau Fraiche for me and Chance Eau Tendre for the sweetheart. A perfect Chanel couple.

Dark Curls
Dark Curls

my good girlfriend brought me a roll on of this to work today. It smells very good! From the bottle I can say I like it more than Chance. I will have to test it on skin, but it smells so seductively fresh and alluring. :) Thanks pinkywithabrain! :-P

Amarilia
Amarilia

Chance Eau Fraiche is everything I wanted the original Chance to be. never purchased Chance, as loved the top notes but it always turned sour and very synthetic *blah* on my skin.
I Tested it countless times but a result was always same and very dissapointing. Until I gave Chance eau Fraiche a try..and there it was...that ultimate refreshing, invigorating scent that stays true leaving a very nice clean and kind of expensive-soapy trail.
Iam very picky when choosing the perfect perfume, and eau Fraiche has really amazed me. I have it on my want list, and definitely going to buy it before summer. I concider it as a feel-good fragrance, what I can easily wear at the office, on holidays, beach parties etc. I love it!

sham_1983
sham_1983

this was my memory scent and smell its a very thin airy smell of green flowery a kinda french noble garden inspire... like for example when u go art muzeum gallery and u can feel how deep is the messeges harmonic of every piece masterpiece paint work..
and i think it' suits for a girl understand it ,not greedy or blind pick it just because of the brand name.... JACQUES POLGE thanks for expresing one of ur fragment.

my second favourite perfume after pour homme versace and solo loewe man...

Tanya80
Tanya80

this perfume is one of the best ever! I got it as a gift, finally:=) I adore it, it´s lasting power is incredible

Aroussa

Am considering buying it for summer. I hear lots of complaints about Fraiche smellling like a mens' cologne, and yes, the top notes do deliver that tangy freshness in the beginning. But later on the fragrance develops quite exquisitely, living nicely up to its Chanel name. Unlike the new Eau Tendre...

orangepoppy
orangepoppy

DELEATED IN PROTEST
- Taking a stand against Fragrantica’s editing

Puma
Puma

It is totally different from Chance EDP which is spicy, sweet and feminine. This one is a little bit masculine - in my opinion.

IamWoman
IamWoman

I bought a bottle Saturday, and returned it Sunday. I cannot believe, after wearing #5 for several years, and having worn #19 and #22, that Chance Eau Fraiche would smell like cheap hairspray on me in less than one hour. I would expect that of cheaper, less reputable names, but never from a Chanel!!! I was totally disappointed!!

mulan
mulan

This is great parfume! if you want fresh and feminine fragnance this is for you. It's special

cookiemab
cookiemab

i tried this tester at macy;s today and i think it smells great and very fresh. I'm going to buy one soon :D

Sissi
Sissi

This is a unusual frangrance for chanel
because chanel usualiy makes deep orienals woodsey and aldehydes.
but this is a treat. it's a crisp bright
Frangrance the feeling of springtime
with the sun glairing though the flowers
the citeruses and woods will brighten
your day but it can be a bit overwelming

rotorres
rotorres

Smells like pine sol.I hate pine sol.I bought the set from ebay from a girl who gets it for Christmas every year from the in-laws, she hates it too.My daughter used to wear the regular chance and it smelled good when i borrowed a spray, so I figured it would be similar - YUCKY!!

augustana_evangeline
augustana_evangeline

it's the same as the original to me, but softer and lighter. I prefer the original - now THAT was a chypre!

Adriana_87
Adriana_87

I love it,it is the only fresh scent i really like and can wear.I used the whole bottle during spring/summer,it feels like i am surrounded by fresh laundry..White soft towels that has been drying outside a spring day.I will definitely buy it again..

guest_Faery85
guest_Faery85

By far my most favorite Chanel perfume. Perfect for the younger crowd in my opinion. I always thought most Chanel fragrances were too musky and something older women wear, not this one. The perfect daily fragrance.

I love this fragrance! It smells so much fresher and cleaner than the original chance. I find that the original chance is too overpowering and it gives me a head ache after a while. Smells stunning on my skin:)

insolence
insolence

Lovely! Fresh, romantic, lighter than Chance, you will fall in love with this scent if you are not against some masculine notes in your fragrances

sugarplumjabba
sugarplumjabba

I gave the hubs a task for Christmas, he knows I love perfume, so I gave him the names of 2 possible perfumes that I have NOT had, both I had sprayed on at the stores, and this was one that while I liked was still very much on the fence about. Well imagine my surprise when I find Chanel gift wrapping under my tree, and I was in even MORE shock to find that I LOVE IT !!! Since Christmas Eve, the night I received it, not one other perfume has touched my wrist !! I layer with the lotion and there is somethign about this , it is so fresh, so lovely and so seductive at the same time ! I don't know or care about the notes, all I know is that this suits me very very well. I tell you I have never had more compliments on a perfume then I have wearing this one, a few weeks ago, I sprayed this on and then borrowed my mom's jacket for a few hours, a few days ago, SHE got complimented for my perfume that STILL LINGERED on her jacket almost 2 weeks after I sprayed it on. This is lovely, to me it is mature, and I'm not gonna say it's a signature yet, but this and Light Blue by D&G are the current front runners ! SO in love with this fragrance !!!

violet-anhthu
violet-anhthu

Simply, saying I fall in love with it. It is very romantic. Although it is very long lasting, it seem very fresh and lovely. For me it is the best perfume in the world perfume.

smp
smp

The first thing that i thought when i smelt it was oh my! this is different than the others chanel's perfumes. Yeah! very green but i started to feel and remember in the 80's when you put in the car the pine tree as air freshener...
What a heavy!

Very refreshing, cooling and pleasant. A perfect scent for Spring and Summer in my opinion.

Chance eau Fraiche opens with the citrusy sourness of the lemon and the woodsy quality from the cedar, creating a damp yet clean opening. In some ways the scent is slightly masculine, reminiscent of many citrus based male scents.

I was starting to fear that I would dislike this fragrance until it began to merge into the middle notes of soft florals which blended nicely. This floral blend is sweet yet crisp, maintaining that wonderful Summery feeling.

The drydown was good but not great. While I wasn't really impressed with the strange blend of musk, vetiver, patchouli, woods and iris, I was rather pleased that the patchouli wasn't strong and headache-inducing like patchouli usually is for me.

Overall, Chance eau Fraiche is a fantastically unique, bright and sophisticated fragrance. It carries Chanel's great lasting power and doesn't fail in making you feel as if every cent was well spent.

taydev

i just cant get enough of this fragrance as it has to be my favorite of all my favorites! its so light fresh and dewy. The scent is a little strong on me due to the citrus and cedar, but the drydown is just heavenly! i cant explain how soft, fresh and dewy this is, its a must try for every woman.

Darkangel
Darkangel

I sprayed this fragrance by "chance" on me at my friends place and we compared it to the first Chance, MUCH BETTER!! It's fresh but not in an overtly sweet way. It differs from my usual summer choices and has become an overnight fragrance on my wishlist!
And it certainly carries on the Chanel tradition of lasting allure!Brilliant.

scenturian

I just bought it last month for my mama where she lives in a country almost 10 months is summer 30-45C.
It is very fresh floral crisp scent.
Get u felt so cool and fresh when wear in a hot environment. Never boring and annoying or disturbin others.
Starting with citrus and with floral notes.
Base is dominant by iris, vetiver and jasmine. Not so sweet not so powdery.
IMO it is more suitable for such hot weather .
This can be worn by any age anywhere.
Btw it is channel quality, luxurious and elegant.
Projection and lasting is super also.

Pandora1000000
Pandora1000000

I was so excited when I saw this fragrance on the Chanel stand and had a tester squirt, as its exactly the kind of perfume I love. It reminded me of CK Summer 2006 when I first sprayed it, then half an hour later it settled into a horrible musky scent. Really disappointed.

taydev

wow! and I thought chanel couldnt get any better than coco mademoiselle! my favorite summer fragrance possibly of all time!

sharyssa
sharyssa

Sampled this in a magazine and I think it smells really good it smells fresh and citrusy and I want it!

joliefille
joliefille

i so love this one! the dry down is even better! just bought it yesterday after testing it, i've never bought a perfume so speedily after testing it! normally i test a perfume many times before i buy it but this was so delicious and refreshing - i purchased it in 10 mins! so today i'm wearing it, and already getting compliments from colleagues. it's a lot like chance but much fresher, lighter, soothing, perfect for summers.

p_autumn6
p_autumn6

i love the way it's be.when wearing it i feel relax so much.

DreamGirl
DreamGirl

my favorite perfume! It can't be better. It is fresh and feminin but not too fresh. Even though it may seem to be only for spring and summer I have been using this in winter alot since I am living in Norway, a very cold country and you have no idea how many people have stopped me in street and asked what I have used. But I must admit I am very lucky that this perfume is amazing on my skin since many of my friends tried it and it was not good at them and they started to envy me :). My husband says that this is the best too. He can't stop kissing me when I wear this.

EternalSunshine7

I've been wearing this fragrance for 3 days now, and I still think it's perfect for spring and summer--especially if you've had a long winter and need something to remind you that summer is just around the corner. It's fragrant, sparkly, fresh, clean, somewhat sour (in a good way because of the lemon), but I'm still able to detect the cedar, musk, and wood that keep it grounded and earthy. The smell brightens up my day and allows me to start my morning feeling energized. It dries down to a powdery, yet still clean, almost floral scent....that I think is magnificent. I just love to smell & feel fresh & clean. It's my revver-upper on days that I feel like all I'm doing is dragging my feet.

EternalSunshine7

I'm wearing this fragrance for the second time after buying it yesterday.

It's so fresh and invigorating. The funny thing is that I get the citrus and musk right away. There's just barely a hint of pepper on me...but it's there. It's not sharp like Dior's Escale a Portofino, and is actually a bit sweet. The florals seem to lighten up the lemon and cedar smell--though the cedar isn't very strong--which lingers the entire time), but still maintaining its freshness. After several hours, the smell (on me) wafts away and leaves a soft, somewhat floral-vanilla scent, but you can still smell the citrus in the background. The musk wasn't overly strong. In my opinion, it helped to give it some sex appeal that I have trouble finding in the perfumes that I currently own.

It's a WONDERFUL fragrance that's worth a shot...or two...or three...or seven. *wink* Definitely great for the summer. It's a good pick-me-up scent. it might not be the best out there (I haven't tried all of them so I wouldn't know)....but it's a perfect scent to have for the warmer months.

lexina
lexina

Now, this is perfume worth it's cost. For spring and summer anyway. It's light, fresh and lasting.

Elitsa
Elitsa

i like this perfume very much and one of the reasons is that i don't find anything in common with Chanel Chance. It is so refreshing, but not too light.

Strange woman
Strange woman

It's my favourite fragrance now. It's light, refreshing and I still can't find something similar to this fragrance.

LoveScent
LoveScent

I am looking for a fresh and clean sent this summer. After smelling this in a magazine I hope that I have found it.

ktv0926
ktv0926

It's beautiful delicate freshness! Just perfect freshness I would say... Citruses with cedar - oh...such a lovely combination! I have the original Chance and I love it. Now I got this version and I'm closing my eyes when I smell it - nothing compliments more to a fragrance in my opinion.

Perfumaniac
Perfumaniac

CHANEL EAU FRAICHE is a new offactory interpretation of CHANCE which takes on a sparkling, citrusy freshness comprises vibrant, woody notes.Easy to wear in any circumstances, CHANCE EAU FRAICHE is for all women who like to surprise and to be surprised.

FUELedbyCHAOS
FUELedbyCHAOS

This is the first fragrance my mother has ever wanted. I've given her hundreds of samples over the years and this one she kept asking for more. It's soft with a classic-young twist. Refreshing and modernly elegant without the possibility of an overpowering statement.

fruttella
fruttella

It is so so so fresh, sparkling, vibrant and pulsing, even a bit perky pearfume ! Clean and sophisticated, still not simple cos of citrus on top, very long-lasting and absolutely triggers my positive thinking. I am wearing it in winter as my personal aromatherapy as citrus oils are said to have good effect against depression.

kay_li13
kay_li13

i loooooove this perfume sooo much. the original is already so good, and then they came out with this which is better! smells delish and is sweet and tart and sophisticated! i love it!

Champers
Champers

I used a sample and thot that I liked it enuff to get the bottle, but now I find it too strong and overpowering for my liking.

sjanira
sjanira

It's practically the same but with citrus in it. I didn't like it to much, the original is better for my taste.

elaida_00
elaida_00

i smelled this one in a Duty Free:) it`s sooo fresh and i believe is perfect for a hot summer day ; if you close ur eyes you can feel the grassy fiels with flowers

Moszatka
Moszatka

It is a fresh and elegant fragrance. Very long lasting, haven't got sweetness in it. One of my favourite fragrance in summertime.

Malegria
Malegria

It smells softer then the original Chance, and may be with just a tiny spray it would smell right - but it`s still too harsh and strong, and may I say - too fresh. Like you inhaled a noseful of expensive laundry soap !

guest_bene_babe
guest_bene_babe

I'm in love with this perfume! It's light and fresh enough to wear for any occasion, and the base notes are rich and kind of sexy. It's the perfect balance.

deli_s
deli_s

I love this stylish and exquisite fragrance. Suitable for special occasions.

joybee88
joybee88

Smelt it in a megazine and I love it so much! wish they have smaller bottles for release though, cuz it's kinda expensive and I'm not even sure I want that much og it.

Chance Eau Fraiche by Chanel 4.09 out of 5 based on 2362 ratings and 339 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Chanel Chance Eau Fraiche fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Chanel Chance Eau Fraiche, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Chance Eau Fraiche by Chanel. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Chance Eau Fraiche by Chanel represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.