Designers » C » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Chance Eau Vive Chanel for women

Chance Eau Vive Chanel for women
dislike

Chance Eau Vive Chanel for women Videos Chance Eau Vive Chanel for women Videos
Chance Eau Vive Chanel for women Pictures Chance Eau Vive Chanel for women Pictures Chance Eau Vive Chanel for women Pictures Chance Eau Vive Chanel for women Pictures Chance Eau Vive Chanel for women Pictures Chance Eau Vive Chanel for women Pictures Chance Eau Vive Chanel for women Pictures Chance Eau Vive Chanel for women Pictures

Chanel launches the new fragrance CHANCE EAU VIVE which belongs to the Chanel Chance collection and arrives on the market on June 12th 2015. The collection was started with fragrance Chanel Chance in 2003, followed by versions Chanel Chance Eau Fraiche in 2007 and Chanel Chance Eau Tendre in 2010. The collection is refreshed with new flacon form at the beginning of this year, so the fragrances can also be purchased as 35 ml now.

CHANEL CHANCE EAU VIVE is signed by perfumer Olivier Polge who blends sparkling notes of grapefruit with juicy, explosive red orange, providing citrus splash to elegant jasmine and white musk. Base notes of the composition mix vetiver, cedar and iris, leaving a fresh, gentle, elegant and subtle trail.

Fragrance repeats the same flacon form as previous editions of the collection and will be available as 50 and 100 ml Eau de Toilette.

Blood Orange Grapefruit Citruses

Jasmine White Musk

Vetiver Cedar iris

Chance Eau Vive Fragrance Reviews

tabitha106
tabitha106

As a girl who loves Chanel fragrances--for years--I was a little skeptical about Chance Eau Vive. This being the first scent by Olivier Polge after the retirement of his beloved father Jacques Polge, I must say I was pleasantly surprised. Most of my favorite and signature scents were created by the amazing Jacques Polge and happy to say Olivier's first Chanel scent was not a gourmand Patchouli bomb! Yay!! Chanel scents are rich & soft at the same time and utterly feminine and Chance Eau Vive does not disappoint. The orange, very citrusy opening is soft and alluring rather than sharp and the soft musk dry down is reminiscent of the original Chance. Also noticeable is the jasmine and sexy iris to lock in that date-night feel during warm summer evenings. I've sampled a few times now--my bottle of Chance Eau Tendre is nearly gone--guess I'm buying this soft, sexy scent to carry my through the summer. Thanks Chanel & Olivier for another delightful fragrance to make memories by.

blake.lee
blake.lee

Soapy iris and grapefruit. I really don't like this version of Chance.

Dani-G
Dani-G

This is the absolute NUMBER ONE PERFUME.
So fresh, so feminine, so strong and magic!
This is the 1st Chanel I've ever liked. Not liked. ADORED!
I sprayed it at 5 p.m. to test it, I did a lot of things after I came back home incl. having BATH (!), now it's 00:10 o'clock and I can still smell it!
I believe it would be a nice choice for colder days, too!

Jenlig7
Jenlig7

This is my all time favorite perfume. It's so beautiful! I am picky and the only other thing I've smelled that smells this good is dolce and gabbana light blue. The men's version.
This is strong and lasts just about all day.

Berta15
Berta15

I love this beauty!Yes,It´s typical Chanel fragrance,because it gives a nice soapy feeling,a fresh but elegant,playful but mature.I have to say that for me is like a very watered down,very very light coco mademosielle,like said some people before.Very lovely citrus opening gives me a happy feeling,that I have energy for everything,than the soapy musky jasmine in the dry down shows how elegant how feminine is this perfume.
Now I wear it every single day,and I fall in love with it.This is ME,when I wear this I feel confident,independent,feminine,elegant.....so everything!
The lasting power on me is veryyy gooood,and the bottle is very classy,simple,minimalistic.
Love Love Love & Love

tinaelisa

@Miguel Harris, I agree! I was just wearing chance eau vive a few days ago and noticed the exact same thing. Eau vive does remind me of coco mademoiselle, but a much fresher version. I think they would be great layerd too, if you are in need of a bit of fresh zingyness to your coco mademoiselle.

MiguelHarris
MiguelHarris

updated review

my bottle of eau Vive is shipping can't wait

Vive is a fragrance you have to spend time with... after a good couple of days of back to back wearing if Miss Dior & Very Hollywood had a love child it would be eau Vive

I would compare it to coco mademoiselle cause the resemblance is there but the top notes are more similar to miss Dior being so juicy and tart

while wearing this to the gym i actually for the first time realized how floral this fragrance really is... it went from this juicy candied orange nectar to this grapy white floral bouquet of jasmine / warm gardenia, the orange scent became a little more mellow before the entire thing dried down to musk and woody notes

but I think this would've been better as a coco mademoiselle spin off than chance... it fits the bill better as a juicer, lighter, more floral version of mademoiselle

Kon-nos91
Kon-nos91

Just wow. Although Eau Vive's citrus character supposed to be more fresh, sporty and active, to me it's addictive, classy and a hint of citric sweetness.

I don't feel like I can write more. Chance is the mother of all Chances editions. Eau Tendre is my favorite for a strange reason, Eau Fraiche is the bolder and clearly citrus/fresh one, then the lighter Eau Vive that gives a unique sweet citrus feeling.

All Chances editions except from the original EDP, EDT and Eau Fraiche give an airy aromatic feeling. Eau Tendre and Eau Vive are very soft but at the same time very long lasting. It's like they 'aromatise' lightly your olfactory senses. That's what I recognize to their quality. To end with, I could easily gift Eau Vive as it's a safe option for all ages and types of character. A watered down base of classic Chance together with the top/middle notes of sugared citrus and boldness of grapefruit = Eau Vive edition.

venush
venush

Great summer scent. Citruses, cedar and iris.
Longevity and projection is great on me. More than 10 hours of divine freshness. Everybody in the office made good remarks. Good work Chanel!

Candy Rose
Candy Rose

Chance Eau Vive is a stunning summer scent. This works so well on a hot day, especially if I'm not into smelling sweet that day. Fresh, flirty and fun. The zesty citrus notes are gorgeous and the dry down brings about another dimension with the jasmine and musk.

jlfears
jlfears

The first spray has a hint of Chance, but is more a blast of grapefruit a la Hermes Jour...

It's soft almost immediately, and ~ unfortunately ~ very aquatic on me.

The drydown is CK Escape for women, dead on.

swoon
swoon

When you pick up a Chance, you should know what you're expecting. In that sense, Eau Vive is really a nice surprise. It's absolutely delightful and so easy to wear. It smells much more natural and less sweet than other Chances.

emi
emi

I'ts a bit aquatic somehow. I don't get grapefruit unfortunately....

sarage
sarage

This is a very pleasant scent. Something, that could easily become my everyday scent. Very easy to wear, not challenging in any ways. It's fresh and elegant. I don't like iris, but in this scent it doesn't bother me a bit.
The citruses remain dominant, and that's what I like.

heather.johns
heather.johns

This is a playful grapefruit fragrance that echoes chanel but is probably something i would give a child. It is very innocent and unexciting (to me).

That being said my body chemistry agrees with darker fragrances and things like roses, jasmine etc. go rancid on me very quickly.

margoval
margoval

Seeing the long Dislike bar I thought this must be really bad smelling and I lost any will to test it. Later on a girl in the mall gave me a sample and I found out that it was in fact a beautiful scent. Then I actually started reading the reviews and realized that the problem that people see with this perfume is its price and the fact that it's just...pleasant. Putting the price issue aside, there is nothing wrong with Eau Vive. Uplifting at first but quickly settling to a lovely mixture of flowers and musk. It is feminine and romantic. I won't buy it because of the price but I find it very beautiful nonetheless.

Taxidermy
Taxidermy

To me Chance Eau Vive is divine. Maybe even better than the lemony Chance Eau Fraiche (the original Chance is my favorite so far). The top notes are quite generic and disappointing, so I can understand the frustration, but you have to wait and let it bloom on your skin - it's really magical. Chance Eau Vive is not all about the grapefruit and blood orange, no no, it's so much more than that. It really has the distinctive Chanel DNA, and, like Chance Eau Fraiche, it's reminiscent of its predecessor. I'm wearing it right now, and it's snowing outside. It might be meant for summer use, but you can easily wear it all year round.

LieneHelena
LieneHelena

I adore the scent of blood oranges and vetiver, so I was waiting it's release like a little girl, but when I finally tested it, I wasn't impressed but kept the paper card in my pocket. I smelled it next day and liked the soft scent so I gave it a second try. The more I wear this scent, the more I fall in love with it. It's uplifting, optimistic and has helped me to battle with Winter Blues. I reach for it often, and even got another bottle in fear this could be discontinued too quickly, as it seems it doesn't get much love. I love the phases it goes trough, from juicy fruitiness, then the florals came out to play, and the soft woody veil it leaves. It's never artificial or cloying on my skin, as it wraps me in this silky bright scent. I guess I'm lucky I took a chance on you Eau Vive.

horse_friesian
horse_friesian

Very citrusy. The citrus is so realistic too. It smells like very sweet Orange juice with sugar. It love how it dries down, very soft sweet citrus and floral. I have a sample of it from Sephora and want to go back to buy a bottle of it.

This is quite nice on my skin and probably the only one I like in the Chance line.
Unexpectedly I liked the citrus opening. I like most citrus in an opening, but I'm non a fan of grapefruit in perfumes for sure.
Not an original one here.
After the initial citrus burst, it becomes more floral, but jasmine? I'm not sure.
I like the softly woody drydown which keep together with a trace of citrus till then end.
It has low sillage and long duration.
It's a fragrance that could be worn in hot climate, because it's not too cloying.
Honestly I cannot see the urge of making such a perfume.
All in all it's nice, but a bit forgettable maybe.
Not a big Chanel.

davide2111
davide2111

Un acqua VIVA, moltomeno viva di quel che credevo! Chance classico rimane uno dei profumi più buoni fatti da Chanel questo sinceramente non riesco ad inquadrarlo!
'E fortemente acido o meglio ASPRO manca d'anima secondo me cosa che negli Chanel manca di rado! Profumo spento.
Il Pompelmo e gli altri agrumi sono avvertibilissimi ma niente più, il muschio all'interno rischia di rendere all'olfatto il prodotto troppo aspro! Male...
Longevità 7/10
Sillage 6.5/10
Profumo 4.5/10

greek_goddes
greek_goddes

The more I test Chance eau Vive, the more I detect the woodsy notes in it. On my skin it turns quickly from juicy, blood orange to a masculine, summery scent. It reminds me of a lighter version of Aqua di gio for men, which is a pity. A big no for me. I hope it smells better on others.

blackw0lfx
blackw0lfx

I want to love this. I think for me the grapefruit is just too strong. It is very citrus and musk, but the grapefruit really stands out and is bitter to me. the bitter paired with the floral just isnt for me. I do not get a lot of woody drydown. I guess just not for me. I imagine a woman in her 30s wearing this. Spring or summer fragrance. Definitely professional work friendly though its laid back perfume, so fine for everyday.

Sitting here smelling it I think its just not enough personality in this. I dunno. Doesnt have anything really interesting. At least on me. I might try this again in the spring and summer and see if it changes with the warmer weather.

KDJ
KDJ

I have a little sample of this perfume, and I have to say I really enjoy the fresh quality this perfume gives. I could definitely see myself wearing this after showering, or during the daytime, anytime of the year. I find it to be very versatile and simple. This scent actually reminds me exactly of a body wash by Suave called "Ocean Breeze".

veynor11
veynor11

Initially it is like big blast of generic citrus. It takes time to develop. It changes quickly and passes through some florals and dries down to cedar and iris with the citrus present throughout the scent . It takes time to show itself. This perfume is not a showgirl in the window baring it all.It is sophisticated, elegant and sheer quality. My favourite of all the Chance range.

Cloudburst2000
Cloudburst2000

I really like this fragrance. This is the only Chanel fragrance that actually works with my body chemistry. All the other Chanels only smell 'meh' on me...nothing special. They just don't suit my body chemistry because while I do like them on other people I don't care for them on me. I think Eau Vive is a designed for those people like me who might not be a fan of other Chanel fragrances because they don't work with our body chemistry (which might explain why so many Chanel fragrance lovers don't love this one). Perhaps this is the one Chanel fragrance that doesn't work with their body chemistry but works great for other people. I know several other people who aren't Chanel fragrance lovers but who really like this particular fragrance. So if other Chanel fragrances don't work for you, you might want to check this one out. And it helps if you are a citrus lover because this is definitely a scent for citrus lovers. It stays pretty much citrus from beginning to end with just hints of floral/woody notes.

AlexGargoyl
AlexGargoyl

(Pretty much the same review from my old username, just updated)

I got a first sniff of this perfume this summer, from a magazine sample and it's been staying on my mind and my wish list ever since. Then a month ago I finally got the chance to purchase it - I will say just this: for me this is HAPPINESS in a bottle! I can feel mostly the fresh, citrusy notes but without the slight bitterness I have encountered in other similar scents, it's a delicate, feminine fragrance, both youthful and classy.

To me usually all fragrances I'm wearing are more than a scent, they are a state of mind, a whim, a mood ;) And I'd say that Eau Vive is a happy, confident and optimistic state,it fully lives up to its name.

TakaBeata
TakaBeata

The most popular my version Chanel Chance :) .
At the beginning feels red Grapefruit. Then delicate notes woods, of fruit and to the end sweet iris.
This scent is good-humoured , elegant on every time.
Nicely it smells also on clotheses.

brumblebee
brumblebee

I do not like this fragrance.
There are two types of citrus that I really enjoy: One is a tart, but sweetened citrus, like the impression I get from squeezing a fresh orange. The other is a soft, clean citrus, like that present in D&G Light Blue.

This is neither of those. (I will disclaim that I like the way it smells on paper, but not on my skin). On my skin the grapefruit is bitter and sour, almost rancid. It is so sharp. It is definitely the dominant note. The other notes in this fragrance don't make sense with so much citrus. I get strong, sharp citrus, then bright jasmine, powdery iris and smooth cedar. It is unfortunate, because I enjoy the other Chanel Chance fragrances, but that combination of sharp citrus and smooth powdery notes smells like bathroom cleaner. Sharp citrus smells with some other artificial scents to try to soften the overwhelming citrus.

I can say that this fragrance is very long-lasting! I tried on the Chance eau fraiche yesterday and wish it lasted half as long as this one! I would recommend any of Chanel's fragrances over this one.

alexandraID22/32
alexandraID22/32

I got a first sniff of this perfume this summer, from a magazine sample and it's been staying on my mind and my wish list ever since. Then a couple of weeks ago I finally got the chance to purchase it - I will say just this: for me this is HAPPINESS in a bottle! I can feel mostly the fresh, citrusy notes but without the slight bitterness I have encountered in other similar scents, it's a delicate, feminine fragrance, both youthful and classy.

natissimo
natissimo

well... I've been in love with Chance L'Eau Tendre from the first days of it's appearance on the market. I smelled Eau Vive right after it appeared in the stores and to be honest, I didn't get much impressed...
However, I got this one on my birthday and decided to give a chance after all.. and it's great.. of course, it's not L'eau Tendre, my everlasting love, but it's good. Especially in the winter period. The first thing I smell are the grapefruits, which I adore and it gives slight refreshment in the cold morning.. So far, we're ok in our relationships :) but It's still not my beloved Chanel fragrance

21beans
21beans

This isn't the most innovative or exciting fragrance, but it's for that very reason that it has its place in my collection - it's the one I reach for when I'm either not feeling my other perfumes, can't decide what to wear or don't want to smell anything too loud or noticeable.
It smells like Nivea In-Shower Body Lotion. It's a little sharp, yet fresh, clean and creamy in the same way a moisturiser is. Other perfumes I've used in this manner were Lacoste Pour Femme and Cacharel Noa, interestingly also recommended here as skin scents or fragrances similar to Nivea.
I understand why some people would find it generic and underwhelming in the sense that, as mentioned, it isn't very innovative, and I believe people expect a lot from Chanel, but for me it's a good kind of average and sometimes that's all I want.

Heleniko
Heleniko

Smells so masculine on my skin. Longevity is very good. Unique enough,but not my favourite.

Black Lavender
Black Lavender

Smells like all the chances put together but much lighter. And it has a weird "twang" that I can't describe but do not like. It's slightly crisp/fresh, but not as fresh as Eau Fraiche or as dry as Chance. It's floral but not as floral as Eau Tendre. Not good enough, Chanel !!!!!

nvenus
nvenus

Seems like there's less floral notes in this one, is that why everyone who love Chanel hates this one?
I'm not good at Chanel fragrances but I've guessed they're all ordinary, "elegant" (a bit boring), too safe and too floral. This one should be the most special, I should try it

Ludicolo
Ludicolo

Eau Vive is by far my favorite from this line.
Finally a Chance that is actually wearable without sacrificing anything.
Not to mention, this is the third flanker.. how often does these things turn out well?!
I'm sure you already know the answer to that one.
Thankfully, Eau Vive does not fall into the negative statistics so to speak.
A wonderful surprise!
To be honest, I'm quite baffled by the rather high amount of dislikes.

I finally got around to actually spritzing it on me today (as opposed to just sniffing the tester bottle), and that's when I realised that Eau Vive is indeed very similar to 1932 from the Les Exclusifs.
I mean, it's not identical or anything (obviously) but they do have a lot in common (to my nose).

Not that strange really, as they are both floral woody musks from the same house.
At the very least they share notes of iris, jasmine, musk, vetiver, citrus and and even though not listed on Eau Vive, probably aldehydes too.

To be honest, the original Chance always smelled sharp and unpleasant to me, and while Eau Tendre & Eau Fraiche are nice and pretty enough, they always smelled a bit too "meh" IMO.
Nothing special, at least not by the CHANEL standard and prices.
This Eau Vive on the other hand.. it just hits all the right spots.
Elevating aldehydes, graceful iris, refreshing citrus and soft, pillowy musk...
What's not to like? (Well, a lot I suppose if you dislike those notes)!

Sparkling, crystalline and timeless are words that come to mind when I smell Eau Vive/1932.
Both highly wearable and versatile scents without a single trace of "boringness"!
I can't picture a place or scenario in which either of these two would be seen as inappropriate.

If you like 1932 but find it a bit too expensive/hard to find, then Eau Vive could be a really good alternative for sure!
I probably won't buy it myself as I don't really need it (already have 1932) although it's still tempting...
As far as love/like/dislike goes it's a strong like for me.

Adrian_jacobs1984
Adrian_jacobs1984

The grapefruit note was quite awful. Sorry too all the lover of this perfume but i think it has WAY too much citrus. But I bet it does smell great on a lot of you girls who love lots of grapefruit and a lots of citrus.. I gave my bottle too my daughter Chloe and it smells good on her.. So maybe just my chemistry was off with this Gem!!! Adriana..

melissa
melissa

Got this for my birthday. Love the subtle earthy drydown. On me, it smells like a soft spicy citrus..hope they come out with other products in it for layering.

Tovah
Tovah

Chance is still one of my top 5 favorite scents and it's still the one that gets the most compliments everywhere. I have yet to own any of the flankers. The flankers all radiate a jasmine that I don't project when wearing the original. When someone else is wearing Eau Tendre or even Eau Fraiche, I think they smell pretty, but Eau Vive is just not for me. I think there's too much cedar; and it's a damp, mildewey cedar for me. Grapefruit, which I generally don't like to wear, and jasmine, which I almost always hate to wear, layered with powdery, metallic iris, are a very unpleasant combo for me. Unlike the previous flankers, this doesn't remind me of Chance...it seems like a completely different fragrance. Why not just give it a new name? (Probably "Chance Eau Tendre Eau Vive eau de toilette" is too awkward). Also, the commercial...bowling? For a Chanel?...BOWLING?

vanillaflower77
vanillaflower77

I love this! I sprayed this on a card and my friend said it smells like "kindness"
I bought the 1.7 and I am in love.

tinaelisa

I tried it for the second time now on skin and like it better than before. The first time it was just horribly soapy on me, not much else. This time a get a very fresh and strong grapefruit with a bit of soapiness, but now it goes well together. Sillage is strong. It a great fresh, soapy grapefruit fragrance.

nadiadncr
nadiadncr

Like many others said this was a pleasant surprise. Once you spray it it's very fresh and awakening a nice true citrus scent. Imagine you peeled some citrus fruit and that burst of freshness hits you. Then it dries down to a marriage of eau tendre and eau fresh. It stays well and projects great I already received compliments. After the 3rd day I was wearing it I couldn't smell it as much and I think if they come up with a lotion or a body spray it will help the smell project more. So far I love it.

pinkchevalier
pinkchevalier

As is the case with a lot of Chanel fragrances, when I first tested this I disliked it. But I was somewhat intrigued. I'm not a huge fan of Chance, but I don't dislike it - I find it appealing, yet for me, somewhat too similar with Coco Mad to justify also owning. In theory, I like Eau Fraiche but find it too "astringent" for me. I have a soft spot for the Eau Tendre and own the largest bottle, but it's sort of a comfort scent. The Eau Vive for me is at once simplistic and yet challenging. The initial citrus burst is actually unique for its market audience and the drydown is very clean musk, jasmine heavy. It's refreshing, soothing yet invigorating in the hot and humid weather. It's also so clean cut that I can't get sick of it. Inadvertently after wearing it for a week, I'm enarmored even if it's not the most complex scent.

missy.stratimirovic
missy.stratimirovic

Don't know why I feel compelled to write a review about this one. Probably because of so many bad reviews. I have never tried Chance or any of its flankers so when I received this one as a gift I didn't know what to expect really and if I should be happy. This is just what it's called: a lively juice, energising burst of grapefruit (probably the best part of the pyramid) followed by light flowers and ethereal but undeniable Chanelesque base of iris and something vetiver-y. It's not musky and soapy to my nose as others perceive it and it performs wonderfully in hot and humid weather so this may be someone's safe choice for hot summers. It probably resembles other scents in this citrusy-floral-summery category but I wouldn't know.
Now, would I spend my own money on this? I doubt it but it doesn't mean the cheerful Eau Vive is not thoroughly enjoyable during summer heat. Same thing could be said about those Roger&Gallet perfumed water bottles for a fraction of price though.
But then again, Chanel is Chanel.

prettyswag
prettyswag

I love this scent and grabbed a bottle to add to my other chance scents, well i beg to differ on this being a bad or not lasting scent....this lasts all day til the next morning (~ not like weak "tendre)..and this is clean ,femme and with a unisex punch which makes it very sexy and has to fit your chemistry! So many ppl cant wear every scent that arrives on the market even if you like it to your nose.....it has to be worn with the right chemistry and my body fits this scent well. Love it! Im a female who is femme but loves lifting weights weekly so its clean , femme and has a tough side like me! Great for this fall !

MissHiss
MissHiss

Just got a sample of this in a magazine. I really like it. Light and just a tad powdery. I will be adding this to my collection for sure.

briones
briones

strong blood orange at the beginning , then it turns too chemical . no staying power at all . i do not want to smell like a glass of orange juice . i pass this one. chance eau fraiche is better

I can't believe there's so many bad reviews and dislikes. I like it, but as many others here, I like other Chances better. Chance Eau Fraiche the most.
At the beginning it was nicely fruity and citrusy. After a few hours it turned out to be musky white floral with some woody notes. Not bad, but I liked the top notes better.
It's not my favorite from Chanel, but it's still good. I think it's simple, carefree, modern classic.

sonia.kassambara
sonia.kassambara

I sampled this in the store, did two sprays. It sits on my skin and did not develop. It opens as a sharp, tangy citrus Jasmine fog. The smell is strong, like an auntie with bright lipstick who grips you for a hug. The scent is made of quality ingredients however in the end I respected the sent but didn't like it. The effect was akin to Benjamin Button: smells like a grandmother, then an auntie, then a sweet young lady. Unfortunately, my favorite perfumes tend to start young then end sexy and grown. This lasted about eight hours, but when you don't like it that is not a plus. Definitely try before you buy.

Mochahantas
Mochahantas

This started off AWESOME. There is this juicy, bright burst of grapefruit. I felt some of the blood orange peeking in. The woods come in JUST enough to stop the overwhelming pink grapefruit from being to sharp and metallic. Then, it started to dry down. The woods decided to walk to the front. The grapefruit and blood orange decides they're tired and don't want to play in the sandbox anymore, so they walk home, and very quickly might I add. 10 mins later, Chanel Chance the original...Nothing more, nothing less. Dude, I'm so dissapointed!

MademoiselleMaya
MademoiselleMaya

This one is very bad - so chemical it gives me a headache even though I can barely smell it after 15 minutes, it burns my olfactory epithelium, I'm aware I have something chemical and irritating on me for a couple of hours though. A nightmare! Eau Vive name announces lively composition this is the opposite - limp, lifeless, horrible, chemical, cheap-smelling mess. Just terrible. The first Chanel I dislike. So sad.

LoveMeDo7
LoveMeDo7

I've decided these aren't bad reviews, they're heartbroken love letters to the great Jacques Polge. In the words of Coco Chanel herself, "In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different." And he was... He was the BEST! Much love Monsieur Polge ~ your place in history will last forever. Olivier has stepped into his father's very large shoes and created this fresh & zesty scent. Bonne chance Olivier as the new nose of Chanel. :)

tophcam
tophcam

BORING BORING BORING.

I'm a massive Chanel fan - I think we can all agree that, out of many of the fashion houses, they take their fragrances seriously.

I enjoyed the other Chance fragrances - I thought they were fun and a way to introduce the fruity-floral crowd to what Chanel is capable of.

Enter Eau Vive - when I first heard the notes, I was ecstatic - what's not to love about grapefruit and blood orange in a jasmine base?

Those delicious citruses hit you in the face, then they're gone in 20 minutes. Poof. Never to be seen nor heard from again.

In fact, I sprayed Eau Vive on my wrist before I began writing this review, and the citrus is already gone halfway through my write-up.

What you're left with is a dry down that's very reminiscent of Light Blue (which is supposed to smell like musky water - what the hell does "water" smell like?) and I wasn't very happy about that. After all, Light Blue makes me nauseous enough to scrub my skin off. The jasmine isn't even there to complicate the musk or hint of cedar that might linger.

What Eau Vive is - to me - is the most generic smelling fragrance to hit the market in a long time. It smells like the no-name brand fragrances you can buy from the drugstore. It's boring. It's banal. It has no lasting power (unlike the other Chance fragrances... Eau Tendre lasts on my clothes even after I wash them), and I'm hugely disappointed.

The other Olivier Polge creation is Misia - which is 125% identical to the scent in Chanel's "Lait Confort" cleanser - I knew that I had smelled it before.

Step it up, sir. You've got big shoes to fill, and you won't be getting there by taking baby steps. Give us something that is as dramatic and iconic as Coco EDP and I'll be happy.

RosieRachel
RosieRachel

I believe that much of the dislike for this perfume is because many people feel strongly that Chanel can do better (and I do agree). Reformulations and a new perfumer aside, I like this perfume, but it is definitely not one of Chanel's best.

The opening of Eau Vive is all about the fresh, sweet and slightly tangy blood orange, before it disappeared in about 20 minutes flat. I was pretty disappointed. As I thought that it had worn off, I went to the gym and as I was exercising a very soft, sweet jasmine dry-down with musk and cedar emerged. My gym instructor loved it!

I will give my kudos to Chanel, because this is one of the few perfumes in this genre that hasn't given me a headache. This also doesn't smell generic to my nose; it's light, pretty and elegant, suitable for office environments and the summertime. It is, however, missing that 'je ne sais quoi' which Chanel perfumes have become synonymous for. I don't feel that this is as special as something like the iconic No. 5. My nose also became tired of the smell very quickly, but although I couldn't smell this one on me, others could. Very soft sillage; lasts for about 6-7 hours.

Germany

I am not understanding the dislikes for eau vive , I find it fresh and pleasant and so appropriate for many occasions. I find the whole chance line youngish so to say , which doesn't mean it also smells great on any age , I find it very nice on me and prefer it to the rest of the chances by far , except for tendre which remains my favourite of the 4 some , closely followed by the new eau vive , I find it fresh, clean, sweet and very appropriate !
I even find it unisex , especially in the drydown.

Ms. Cherie
Ms. Cherie

This is fun and lady-like for summer and has low sillage and so makes a great office appropriate scent. One spray on each inner elbow lasts 4-5 hours and that's not unreasonable. Very happy to have it in my collection!

GoodVibrations
GoodVibrations

Olivier is on the right track! Grapefruit, bitter orange, and spice fun! It's fun for a girl and a boy! In two to three hours it's a skin scent. Take a Chance take a Chance take a take a Chance Chance on longevity. Knowing me knowing you, it's not the best I can do.

NurseElle
NurseElle

Allure is my signature so I was excited to try this one. I must say I was extremely disappointed. You wouldnt stop in the street for it, its plain citrus and white flowers, with terrible longevity.
Sorry chanel, its not for me..

carian
carian

Heavenly, gorgeous, much better than the original chance.
Please make it in a eau perfume & more products so it can be layered as this just does not last!

freakypirate
freakypirate

Eau Vive opens with lots of citrus notes, fresh and zesty, with something sweet and floral underneath. Then, the citrus tones down a little and musk appears, still with happy white florals underneath. The drydown is a soft sweet musk/white floral mix on a soapy cedar base and a bit of grapefruit on top.

Longevity is weak to moderate on me, sillage is moderate.

The opening is fresh and uncomplicated, happy and simple. A nice refreshing inoffensive scent to wear in summertime. I like the musk/zest combination, especially with musk. Longevity is quite bad, however, and that's a shame. Sillage is quite good, for as long as it lasted. Not sure if I'd buy a bottle of this, but will definitely wear the sample more often.

LisaMari
LisaMari

The opening is gold, cold and soapy.. I find it too metallic but then it dries down a very clean golden pearish scent, the soapiness remains and is the only thing that makes it wearable for me.

loischanricky
loischanricky

I don't really get this one.
Is Chanel trying to attract some younger consumers (or those who are new to fragrances) so the company must create a not so interesting new bottle?
Since Chanel perfume is quite pricey comparing with other designers fragrances, I think it is Chanel's obligation to create something different from ordinary designers fragrances.

lulu169
lulu169

first a strong blast of gapefruit - rather unisex, but after an hour a delicious BUBBLE GUM!!! love it, girly, fresh/sweet and summery. good longevity.

szilvihorv
szilvihorv

It's a jasmine dominated scent with loads of sweet citrus. The citrus notes are not the least refreshing on me, so I wouldn't say this is a prticularly summery fragrance. It's also pretty generic, doesn't really smell innovative or unique to me. It's a huge pity, because I'm particularly in love with the Chance line, and I'm willing to overlook the fact that all of the flankers are general crowd pleasers. But Eau Vive, while fits the flankers regarding creativity -or the lack of it-, isn't for me. Unfortunately. The notes look attractive at first, but I wouldn't give money for it.

Revontuli
Revontuli

Can't really comment more than this... Chanel, what the hell are you doing?

gardeniapetunia
gardeniapetunia

I have six squirts on my arm from a dept store counter and 3 hours later, my nose is buried in my skin looking for something. It was quite pleasant, lovely; the first 30 minutes, but from then on, hard to find.

I do like it, but for the price, the delivery is low and I would rather spend my perfume money on a longer lasting and more complex scent.
This, but stronger and longer lasting would be perfect.

It does last longer on a paper strip, btw.

erica.andruscavage
erica.andruscavage

Although I loved the scent, I could not stop gagging and coughing after spraying, even hours afterward. Very disappointed.

Sherihan
Sherihan

On my skin I loved the zesty top note like others say, but the base is totally masculine, this is like after only 15 mnts ! It's a big NO. The original Chance has that masculine touch but in a classy and soft/aquatic way, l prefer the old one.

jacmac
jacmac

tried a sample, wanted to love it soooo badly as I love the others in the Chance line. This is like Mademoiselle's loud, brassy sister. Mandarin Orange BOMB, and that's it. Like a one instrument tuba rather than a symphony. 4 hours in and the original mandarin bomb has waned, and now it's almost reminiscent of orange bitters for cocktails. Mademoiselle EDP, Eau Fraiche and Eau Tendre are MUCH more interesting and balanced citrus fragrances.

na1nsxr
na1nsxr

Sampled this on vacation with my girlfriend. We both thought the top was amazing - very suitable for the heat. I was a bit worried about Olivier Polge taking the reigns as I am not really a fan of this other work but this one, at least what we smelled on the strip, was awesome. I can't speak for the development of the fragrance but as a guy I like it a lot.

Egyptian Goddess
Egyptian Goddess

screechy orange sherbert dry down, very boring
the top notes are delicious but does not last

also, I dont think the iris works well in the dry down either.

Really nice and elegant fragrance, but unfortunately too bitter on my skin. However, I recommend to try it on yourself before you make any decision, because my skin does not react well to citruses in many cases.

sabrinakadi
sabrinakadi

I thought I might like it but I do not. To me, it is just Chance EDP with strong jasmine notes. When jasmine notes fade and rather quickly, there is Chance EDP left...In a word, nothing special...

amylouise_
amylouise_

I'm not sure why this fragrance is getting so many dislikes because I absolutely love it! It reminds me of Coco Mademoiselle with a hint of the original Chance. It's super feminine, nowhere near the masculine spectrum like some have said. It's definitely the strongest out of the entire Chance line, but I'd definitely recommend this fragrance. To me, it screams the sophisticated woman. I foresee women who work in corporate settings wearing this to the office because it's so lovely and refined, and would turn heads. I own Chance Eau Tendre and was never really a fan of Eau Fraiche - too green for me. I find myself reaching for Eau Vive more than Tendre - which tells me it's a winner! They're both lovely in their own ways. :) Bravo, Chanel.

02098888
02098888

For those who disappointed, I will tell you why. The reason is simple and clear, because the nose of Chanel has changed. Jacques Polge retired, and his son, Olivier Polge, now takes charge. It's just like Dior's John Galliano to Raf Simons.
We will definitely miss you, Mr. Jacques!

PerfumeKing14
PerfumeKing14

this is disappointing for me, i like all the chance line with eau fraiche being my favourite but this, well I'm kind of on the fence. its pleasant enough but its nothing else other than that. i got 4 samples so I've tried it a couple times now & i don't feel any different about it. its 'basic'

jellybeantree

The fruit is strong and the vetiver is overwhelming on my skin! It's screechy ! Its not my favourite from the line. I have eau fraiche and am sticking with it! It's much better in my opinion!

jolantuk
jolantuk

I dont mind citrusy perfume, even one of my most loved fragrance - Flora by gucci edp (currently wearing :), which is realy very citrusy, but i just dont get Eau Vive - it smells like man's colone, a harsh, sharp mans colone. I even looked on the bottle is it really pour femme.

Mas777
Mas777

A burst of grapefruit..a lot of grapefruits! and, after one hour, a bunch of jasmine, together a flash of musk...
It's nice, summery, happy more than fresh.
If you like citruses, in any season, this is the scent for you.
It's longlasting, but sillage is really poor. So you feel the sensation of having reapply it. Maybe it's nothing new, but i can't say it's a bad scent.
It communicates joy, just like Happy by Clinique or Eau d'Orange Verte by Hermes :-)

izogn
izogn

I have very mixed feelings about this fragrance. I currently own and love the entire Chance Coco line. As a Chanel perfume fan, At first I was slightly underwhelmed with this scent.

The top notes are very citrusy (lots of grapefruit) and the dry down is powdery/citrusy/clean on my skin. You can smell a little of the original Chance in this one, but not much. It's more of a fresh, energetic yet very light scent. All of other Chanel fragrances are complex and interesting...Eau Vive is not. It's well made, just a tad too simple for my taste. Eau Vive is what you want to wear on a hot day when you want to smell pleasantly clean w/ a dash of citrus. Very pretty. Very feminine. Not unique. Not very long lasting. Try before you buy!

Update: This scent is growing on me. It isn't like anything else I own, so I am going to keep it. I like it, but I don't love it. It has a pleasant & feminine, yet "expensive" vibe. Totally inoffensive and perfect for a casual day.

2nd Update: IN LOVE. OBSESSED. CAN'T WAIT FOR THE LOTION/SHOWER GEL TO COME OUT. I get lots of compliments on this! Boyfriend loves it :)

Soutty123
Soutty123

This is light but it smells wonderfully fresh and clean. My husband described it as "heaven" which is high praise coming from him. I'm used to him smelling my neck/wrist and saying "mmmm it's nice - don't you have something else that smells like this though?"

It's true that it doesn't have huge sillage and longevity and it is expensive to reapply it - but the same can be said of Cristalle Eau Verte (which by the way layers beautifully with Eau Vive) but that doesn't mean it isn't worth buying as there is simply nothing out there that smells just like it.

Scentmad

This is my second review now that I have a full bottle.

I bought this on Saturday. It's really a fairly standard eau de cologne with a little undercurrent of the original Chance.

I like it, I don't love it though. It's just a variation on a theme that's just OK. Nice for summer.

I imagine fast-forwarding 10 years and there will be many more flankers of Chance.

joan100
joan100

I am afraid I have to agree exactly with foxy_princess. I was given a sample of this and to be honest it pales in comparison to the first version i.e. Chanel Chance (2003). I was so disappointed and I gave it to my mother (who needed new fragrances and isn't picky on scents) and even she isn't interested in it. This is nothing but a simple citrusy/white floral/musky scent. There are literally millions of them out there from various different brands. I remember when you could just tell straight away when something was from the house of Chanel. Not anymore unfortunately as the silage/longevity of this fragrance is poor as is the quality. Don't waste your money ladies!

foxy_princess
foxy_princess

Tested this in store, oh my word what is happening to perfume houses? why are they watering down their fragrances and putting up the prices? so that people use up the perfume faster then go out and buy more? and more importantly why do people buy this crap? just because its chanel? Time for a boycott methinks. If only people weren't so ignorant and willing to compromise on lasting power to have a chanel perfume, we could all stop buying it and they wouldn't have a choice but to bring back the good quality stuff.

I sprayed this on my arm and it was gone in two hours. price tag: around £80. My Jennifer Lopez perfumes were both under £20 and they last me at least three times as long as this overrated crap

dioraddictfan
dioraddictfan

When I first sprayed this, I thought this was a factice (fake bottle). The reason? Because it literally smells like nothing. It's so light and transparent. It's not for everyone, but some do like it, I get it. I just don't know why someone would want to wear something so boring that doesn't leave any impression.

Roxana D
Roxana D

What's not to like about citruses, jasmine & musk? It's a very pleasant and fresh fragrance for summer, pretty classy and foreseeable just like the other Chances.
But I can't understand, though, why is this so pricey...Just because of the brand? Because it's nothing too original nor unique about this fragrance to make it twice as pricey as any other citrusy-summery perfume...

Later edit: after some hours it ended up smelling quite masculine on my skin; I believe it is the vetiver there. Though I have nothing against masculine fragrances in general (I wear a lot Dior Homme Cologne) I can't say I like this one...

hsheep
hsheep

Sigh...yet another Chance flanker that just doesn't work with me. I get a blast of citrus, but the blend is just like a nicer smelling hairspray for me. All the Chances I've tried are just nothing special and very plain and even sort of smell the same to my nose. Mneh.

Hellita
Hellita

I tried Eau Vive yesterday and while I didn't have any expectations I must say that I expected more from Chanel in general.
I rarely give negative feedback, but coooome ooon Chanel (and Polge)! This is just so boring I could fall asleep! Longevity was decent enough on my skin, but it doesn't matter when the scent was so anonymous and plain citrus that I needed to do a demonstrative yawn! Nuff said.

fragrantlove
fragrantlove

What a disappointment! On my skin it disappears within minutes, not even an hour!! About 10-13 years ago, one spray of any Chanel EDT would last on the skin until I washed it off. Nowadays, the EDTs are diluted to the point they are gone almost immediately. This fragrance is a joke to me. Piahellgren, you hit the nail on the head. The Chanel EDTs are not worth their money anymore, and it's a shame if the EDPs are too much for your skin. I miss the days when I could just buy a Guerlain or a Chanel and know it would both last and smell great. The prices go up and the quality goes down. This fragrance is definitely not worth the money.

Antares811
Antares811

It's a lovely floral, maybe a bit too light for my tastes but very pleasant.
Fresh, citrusy and powdery, perfect for spring and summer.
Elegant and feminine, no doubt, but very weak lasting power like all the most recent Chanel's releases.

sammyjo
sammyjo

I ordered a 100ml bottle blind, online from Chanel a few weeks ago, based upon the notes and my love for the whole Chance line. I began to read all the negative reviews and got worried that I made a mistake. But then this beauty arrived a few days ago and I'm really enjoying her!
I'll admit, I wasn't sold on the initial spray, which I expected to be a sweet, juicy citrus but to my nose was quite sour and bitter. Like the smell of the peel of a citrus fruit as opposed to the flesh. It wasn't disagreeable and toned down very quickly, turning into the most beautiful jasmine/iris/musk scent with just a hint of grapefruit. Very long lasting, two sprays at 7 am and when I put my nose to my wrist at 6 pm, I could still smell it faintly. At the end of the day it reminds me a bit of Narciso Rodriguez Essence, which I love.
This scent largely depends on body chemistry, and no, it's not groundbreaking. But for me it doesn't need to be. I've gotten compliments, my significant other thinks it's sexy, it lasts all day, and most importantly, it makes me feel good when I wear it.

nehway0912
nehway0912

No depth, smells generic, the only good thing is that it lasts for quite a long time, around 7-7.5 hours on my skin.

jonr951
jonr951

Another eBay score! Unfortunately, it's my least favorite of the Chance's. Simply put, Eau Tendre and Eau Fraiche just smell better. Tendre is sweet grapefruit heaven, Fraiche is lemony/citrus green heaven, and Vive is just blah. There's just too much musk or something in it, and not enough of everything else. The blood orange and citrus top is just too light. I can't call it pretty or fun or cheerful or bright or anything. It's just blah. I agree with other reviews, sadly it's "generic", "bland", "nothing special", "zzzzzzzz", etc. I know Tendre and Fraiche don't have much personality, and aren't perfume masterpieces, but they're refreshing and lively. Eau Vive, unfortunately, is just flat. I'll try it again, but it looks like my brothers girlfriend, who loves anything from Chanel, has a 1.7 oz bottle coming to her. They should really make the line, besides the original, into edps. Who's with me?! Haha!

ellina1984
ellina1984

The citrus, and especially the grapefruit is very very strong. It's refreshing because it's somewhat bitter, apart form tart. It's almost unisex I'd say. Something floral lingers in the background, but the citrus is covering everything. The base is musky, possibly even with a bit of dry sandalwood, somewhat sensual. It's OK, an invigorating summer scent that doesn't really strike me as chic.

kittensalsa
kittensalsa

Oh Chanel.....you have disappointed me this time. Chance Eau Vive, for me, is a big fat watery fail I'm afraid. It doesn't actually smell of anything much, though the first hit of grapefruit is ok though very sour.

The dry-down is bland. 5 hours later, I was looking forward to washing it off. Maybe it's my skin chemistry...but this is not for me. Yes, it does smell clean and a bit musky, but it is not classy and not Chanel-classy. I was so excited to test this yesterday at my local Debenhams in Harrow, and it was a big anti-climax! Yes, it does smell slightly unisex.

My fave chanel's are: Chance Eau Tendre, Chance EDP, Coco Mademoiselle EDP, Allure EDP, and Coco Noir. All lovely and sweet, and all are the lovely and rich EDP except for Eau Tendre EDT. Plus they all have vanilla, except Chance Eau Tendre, though this still manages to be sweet!

I know not everyone can be pleased all of the time, but I'm disappointed in those who let this be manufactured. I'm disappointed that I don't like it! I don't think this will be a huge seller, and it's a shame.

I'd love to see a 'Bleu pour femme' as the men's Chanel Bleu is lovely. Maybe add some exotic vanilla richness to the ladies' version? Why not listen more to your customers, Chanel?!

Catty
Catty

G E N E R I C!

Aroussa
Aroussa

I have been looking forward to Eau Vive especially because this new fragrance is the first creation of Polge the son (not the famous Chanel perfumer father). Where I come from, we have a saying, 'Nature likes to have a rest on the children of takented people'. Meaning, that presumably Polge the son will not make a big splash with his debut creation for Chanel. And it seems the saying has been proven right, at least for now. Eau Vive does not smell special in any way. And it woukd have been good if it was just so - to my nose, after an hour on my wrist it started to smell quite harsh and grating, and I realized it was the iris.
After one hour I am already tired of the smell!
But, this is my personal opinion of course. Perhaps Eau Vive will find its lotal fan base. Just sample and wear it for a few hours before you buy :)

Germany

Overall I like it. I agree with most reviewers on here that it's a sweet burst of energy with citrus top notes and very pleasant and fresh/ sweet cologne style , I like this on a hot day , I find it refreshing , sort of reminds me of an alcoholic drink , but unsure which one or if any in particular,,
,,i still smell a Chanel signature , it does not smell like other brands I must say that. I have been getting compliments , also my husband likes it. I am happy I have it.

po
po

Nothing too interesting here, a big blast of blood orange cologne style accompanied with a tinge of white floral and the obligatory sheer wood/musk base.

I'd rather get a bottle of Jean-Marie Farina Eau des Bienfaits by Roger & Gallet. Similar opening, more noticeable floral heart notes and the drydown is built around sheer woods without the musk. Not a dupe per se but really isn't too far from Chance Eau Vive for a fraction of the price and they last about the same.

magda14012
magda14012

It is a refreshing kind of cologne with a citrusy burst, average sillage and longevity. Sits rather close to the skin. It is not very complicated, rather linear scent. Not what I expected of Chanel house. In one word: nice.

cul-de-sac

This is brilliant perfume for summer! the first few seconds after spray, he delights of pure species. a man in the line to buy this fragrance said, it is the most beautiful fragrance for women. from the 5th to the 15th minute he began issuing air freshener for the toilet. simple, crisp, cool freshness, unpleasant to the nose. but on 30 minute the miracle happened. opened very beautiful jasmine on a pillow of creamy musk, and all this in the frame of grapefruit, blood orange, citrus. and then began moment of truth, elegant base of typical chance came out. beautiful fragrance, I will wear it all summer. and then remember it in the colds of winter.

Angeldaisy
Angeldaisy

why?
nice enough. inoffensive.
generic. swaying towards dull.
sweet, fruity, bit of wood, bit of iris.......

..........................

oh sorry i fell asleep for a bit

i don't get any complexity or interest...so why bother (both Chanel and the customer)? gotta churn out those flankers.
but it is always nice to have a light fresh summer fragrance that reminds you of your favourite.
is it?

zzzzzzzzzzz

cul-de-sac

very nice! very soft! very summery! very chanel!

jessica.arndt
jessica.arndt

Nice... its citrusy, green, a bit bitter... very fresh and perfect for summer time, but it doesn't smell like Chanel. It's too simple for the price. I love Chance Eau Fraiche, which is also simple but has that elegant ID, but Eau Vive doesn't have that sophisticated aura of Eau Fraiche. I was sooo excited to smell this perfume, but now that I know I'm a bit disappointed. :( I feel the same about Eau Tendre... both (Eau Vive and Eau Tendre), for me, smell like a girly, easy and ordinary fragrance... I'm not telling I dont like them, just telling I dont think they worth the price.
But Chance EdP and Eau Fraiche... wooow, those I LOVE!!

piahellgren
piahellgren

Why. Do. Chanel. Keep. Making. Fragrances. That. Does. Not. Last?

Frayja
Frayja

I tested it today! I liked it much.
Is a very nice-spring-summer-easy-going-bright and up-lifting perfume in a nice bottle, but....
When you ask loooooooots of euros for something who lasts as a blink,even if you are Chanel,is a big shame!

odeyalo
odeyalo

I was waiting for this one... grapefruit, orange, jasmin...everything i love in perfume. i am absolutely dissapointed. cheap,horrible perfume. thanks God i didnt spend a penny on it.

For over $100, I am underwelmed by Eau Vive..It doesnt evoke clear running water, it is very citrusy, in a good way, turns floral quite fast, nice, but disappears rather fast..longevity is poor...it is not really outstanding, I can think of better scents out there worth the same amount of money.
I expected better, more complex, this is quite linear, doesnt open up or develop much
This isn't to me a typical Chanel scent,lacks refinement ??
A nice summer fragrance, a bit flat, and simplistic..

Musky4

I tried this today and completely agree with the reviewer below me. When first sprayed I thought it was beautiful - citrusy, fresh, feminine and summery. That initial citrus blast unfortunately disappeared extremely quickly, leaving a generic and quite unisex musky skin scent. I'd advise testing this on your skin rather than on a card, as I sprayed it on my wrists as well as a card and the card retained the perfume's top notes long after they had disappeared from my skin. This doesn't have the romantic vibe of Chance Eau Tendre, but has rather a more energizing feel. Reminiscent of the experience I had years ago with Hugo Deep Red, where the gorgeous top notes also vanished on me far too soon.

shopgirl
shopgirl

Sampled this today. Opens with huge citrusy fresh blast, which is absolutely gorgeous, but within seconds changes into a very woody-musky based perfume, nice but I'm not left blown away by this.

Lisa290872
Lisa290872

Yay, just bought this yesterday. Another Chanel scent I can wear that is not strong. I agree with Koi Koi. Starts off very citrusy, mostly grapefruit for me. Then dries down to a lovely musky, jasmine scent. The love of my life told me I smell clean yesterday and that is exactly the smell I like. A lovely clean natural scent. I absolutely adore Cristalle and this one has just joined the team. I will be taking this one on holiday with me. Thank you Chanel.

Koikoi
Koikoi

Just bought it today!!! Lovely summer scent. Starts with intense zesty blood orange scents after a while it turns to fresh clean scent with a hint of jasmine. LOVE IT!!!

jellybeantree

It has arrived in Belgium . Will go test it tomorrow . Will update !!! Excited to try it !

Musky4

I've been told that the UK launch date is 12th June.

Scentmad

Released mid June 2015. I tried this today and it's lovely. Cross between chance and eau verte. Lovely, light, woody, floral. Airy and fresh. Perfect summer scent.

jes7jes
jes7jes

Does anyone know when this will be released? It seems really wonderful!

LaurenNOLA
LaurenNOLA

Smelled the lab sample last month and it's definitely not my cup of tea as with the other Chances. It has a "zesty" emphasis on blood orange but the smell turns rather nondescript and a bit like Barbasol with old orange juice and a hint of jasmine on my skin. Release date was originally in June in the states but has been pushed to August for production reasons.

miss_mary
miss_mary

i need this perfume. I love chanel chance

Marjii13
Marjii13

Tried this last week and it's amazing!! Very clean and intense grapefruit for the first 20-30 mins then changes to a light clean sweet jasmin!!! Beautiful fragrance.

Giv1952
Giv1952

Cant wait to try the 1st chanel fragrance by Olivier

Anthaval
Anthaval

OMG can't wait for coming out! I missed the classic citrus scent from the green Chance that's why I didn't buy it still, but I have a sense that she will be my new love next to my Guerlain.

LeBeauté
LeBeauté

I've been on the Chanel Course for this Summer and in Sweden it will come out June 16th so it should be around 10-20th of june depending on where you live.
And as said in the course the base is ''Cedar-Iris'' where is this information about vetiver and musk from?

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Chanel Chance Eau Vive fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Chanel Chance Eau Vive, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Chance Eau Vive by Chanel. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Chance Eau Vive by Chanel represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.