Designers » C » Floral Aldehyde « Groups

I have it: 1517 I had it: 366 I want it: 964 My signature: 58

aldehydic
yellow floral
Chanel N°5 Eau Premiere Chanel for women Videos
Chanel N°5 Eau Premiere Chanel for women Pictures Chanel N°5 Eau Premiere Chanel for women Pictures Chanel N°5 Eau Premiere Chanel for women Pictures Chanel N°5 Eau Premiere Chanel for women Pictures

For Chanel No°5 fans, Chanel is launching a new version of the world-renowned perfume – Chanel N°5 Eau Premiere. This modern and seductive fragrance was adapted from the original Chanel N°5 by Jacques Polge.

The new version of the 'old' fragrance is lighter, fresher, softer, more delicate, and suitable for every-day use. Chanel N°5 Eau Premiere includes all original ingredients of N°5: rose absolute, jasmine, neroli and ylang-ylang. Ylang-ylang for this fragrance comes from the Comoro Islands, and Jasmine from Chanel-owned fields in Grasse. The face on the ad is again Nicole Kidman.

Chanel No°5 Eau Premiere comes in 150ml bottle (US$125) and will be available at department stores and other Chanel retailers in October 2007.

Neroli Ylang-Ylang Aldehydes

Jasmine tincture of rose

vetyver Sandalwood Vanille

Chanel N°5 Elixir Sensuel
Chanel N°5
Chanel No 5 Eau de Toilette

Chanel N°5 Eau Premiere Fragrance Reviews

Antares811

@ChampagneHo: Old version, tall bottle, the one in the pic above. Reformulated version, classic Chanel bottle. I think they reformulated it this year.

ChampagneHo
ChampagneHo

I am lucky to have received a sample of the pre-reform Eau Premiere so that I could compare it to my sample of the new.

Pre-Reform: I have no idea when they reformulated it, but I wish I did so I could track down a bottle. It is gorgeous. As Sayaka's review states, there is a sweet lemony fizzy vibe and it is gorgeous. Behind it is No 5, peeking through all that. Not your modern formulation, but remember how No 5 USED to smell? Without all that skank? Ok, that. It is soft and subdued and stunning.

Post Reform: At the top I get a busy meeting of aldehydes. It's a little messy and I wasn't sure where this was going, but it wasn't going in the same direction as the pre reform. About 30 minutes later I had a brand new baby No 5. You know who the parents are? Vintage No 5 and Calandre. Don't ask, I don't know how those two hooked up, but they did. It's quite nice if you like bold perfumes of the past. However, I would prefer that they go back to the pre reform and I'll just wear my Calandre and Vintage No 5 when I feel like it.

Anyone know what year they reformulated Eau Premiere?

Aysu
Aysu

I tried new EP in classic square Chanel bottle (and I am fond of original EP in tall bottle). It is obvious that they changed the formula, I found new one definitely stronger, longer lasting. But light and fizzy quality of original EP which turns into lovely ylang ylang/vanilla combination after the dry down has gone.
In this formula, I didn't feel any fizzy/citrusy top notes and scent goes into original No:5 formula territory quickly. And I am not fond of Chanel No:5.
I will miss original EP.

Alexandrarae

I am bewitched...this has to be the most beautiful perfume ever. After trying this lovely fume 2 weeks ago (and purchasing on the spot) I have been unable to leave it alone! It envelopes you in a graceful waltz of lovely flowers, roses, jasmine, orange blossom & ylang ylang and gorgeous vanilla gathers up the bouquet and softens and enhances the lovely drydown. I applied early this morning and can still smell on my wrist at 7pm ...that's 12 hours! The aldehydes are soft (unlike Chanel 5 which I cannot wear). It has made me not want to wear anything else - I have definitely found "The One"!

lcommisso
lcommisso

It is a lighter version of the classic, which is not a compliment in this case, as it has very limited longevity. It does not carry the presence of the original. Disappointing.

Karema
Karema

Another Chanel perfume that I adore. The smell is so refreshing, young yet still it has the independent aura. However the longevity is so poor, it only last aroung 45 minutes in mu skin. It just didn't suit the brand and the price.

I'm rather baffled as to how I managed since 2009 to review 2400+ perfumes but never this one: Chanel no 5 Eau Première. Very odd. Anyway, when I tried this eau de parfum the other day at Sephora, I was very pleasantly surprised. It reminded me rather of a cross between Chanel no 5 and Prada Infusion d'Iris! Clean and powdery, and with some of the sophistication but none of the pitch of the original no 5. Given that it reminded me immediately of Prada Infusion d'Iris, I obviously also found it rather sweet, unlike the original No 5.

I took a full sample home with me because I definitely wanted to wear this scent again and began writing Eau Première onto my mental wishlist--even though I am supposedly on a long-term perfume buying hiatus...

Tonight I have found the aldehydes much more marked than they were the other day. If I were to identify the best cross it would have to be Chanel no 5 meets Frédéric Malle Iris Poudré. So still a touch sweet but with more of a markedly aldehydic quality. I definitely found tonight's wear considerable less sweet than I did the other day. Which just goes to show that our noses are not objective in any sense when it comes to scents!

I do like Eau Première and would definitely consider acquiring a bottle as I find it quite pleasing. This seems to be of much higher quality than the dreaded mall juice dominating the Sephora wall, which usually ends up depressing me. From now on, for in store spritzing, I'll stick with this or something by Hermès or Prada.

Lilyfey
Lilyfey

I'm devastated that they've changed it! Eau Premiere has such an amazing lemony, sparkling opening and smells divine. Its like a cold, sunny winter morning - refreshing, crisp and simply beautiful. I love it to bits and its on my top 5 shelve. When I tried the new, square bottle I quickly realised that something is different. The opening is closer to the edt now and its lacking something. I can't quite put my finger on it, but I think it's the lemony vibe i'm missing. The new version is just a shadow of its former self. So sad.

Edit:

I've just read SayakaP's review and its spot on. I totally agree with it. Lets weep together.

tinaelisa
tinaelisa

I hoped I would like it but sadly I do not. It has that typical hospital smell to it. A bit sterile and stale... Would not buy or wear it.

Jenniferr
Jenniferr

Best scent ever!!! smells like powdery soap and just makes you smell and feel really clean throughout the entire day. i used the use CCM but now i'm all about the EP. the CCM is really confusing to me in regards to it's notes and the scent it developes into when in contact with my skin specially after a few hours. i have also smelled the original C5 however it was way too heavy for me and i just didn't understand it's appeal to people. the CC just didn't smell clean enough to me and the CCN was way too strong despite it's hint of powdery scent. so if you're into really clean and fresh smells then this one is for you.

lairderien
lairderien

A truly beautiful perfume & as much as I love the original Chanel No 5, this is much more wearable. Both fragrances are sophisticated but EP is much more 'lighthearted' and can be worn easily during the day as well as night. I love the fizzy lemon top note. The aldehydic note isn't as slap in your face as the original No 5, making this much more of a crowd pleaser. Anyone thats tried to like Chanel No 5 but just can't get on with it should try babysteps with EP. My other half HATES Chanel No 5 but LOVES EP? The only downside is the longevity - I find I have to respray several times as it just seems to disappear after a short time (the same with Cristalle Eau Verte) - I notice some other reviews mention the same thing. Haven't tried the new reformulation & hoping they haven't played around with it too much as the original was a thing of beauty.

auroramaria
auroramaria

N5 EP is truly a magnificent fragrance, It is subtle soft and discreet in a very good way.
If you like original N5but find it a bit too much EP is a great alternative.
EP is airy and bright very elegant too but it's also a modern take on N5.
Aldehydes play the main role here together with rose and jasmine.I love the sandalwood in EP.
It gets rather powdery on me.
Longevity is very good

Jose Marcos

I am very sorry, but EP last for days on clothes which doesn't absorb things like skin does, means that it must be someone's skin defect if a scent doesn't last long/longer than 20 minutes. Good thing is, your skin must be perfect to absorb medicine creams.

Chanel No 5 Eau Premire is an almost perfect scent. If only men could be more comfortable wearing it ...

ellaquintero
ellaquintero

I just have one thing to complain about. What's wrong with Chanel's longevity (and even quality) of their perfumes?
This is so pretty and changes beautifully on me, but lasts 20 minutes. Not fair for the amount of money these fragrances cost.

DragonflySparrow
DragonflySparrow

I've always adored the original fragrance (Chanel No. 5.) But sadly, that one never quite worked on my skin. :( It always seemed to smell like a pungent, medicinal, syrup-y mess of an "old lady" scent on me, although it was LOVELY on other people. When I wore it, my husband thought it was a "bathroom spray" scent.. terrible. THEN! I found Chanel No.5 EP! It's creamy, soft recollection of it's original counterpart actually smells wonderful on my skin! The scent that I adore in the bottle of the original comes out exactly the same on me through the No.5 EP. Hubby likes it too. :) So, long story short: if you find you cannot (biochemically) wear the original, try this! It's lovely.

Amparo Noir

N°5 EP is magnificent. Everything in N°5 EP is airy, subtle, and demure. Yet, it is powerful as its smell is brighter, and fresher then N°5 EDP which is rather heavy on the florals.

I was lucky to be able to purchase just another bottle of N°5 EP (the 150ml).

Honestly, I do like all Chanel fragrance bottles. I don't know, I just like them all. I like N°5 EDT with its magnetic cap, and I do like the new representation of N°5 EP in a bottle similar to N°5 EDP, but for now, I would rather pay the price for 150ml than 100ml...

Reformulation...
I'm still in shock.

I went to CHANEL counter wearing EP from my (neally empty) tall bottle and found it now comes in the classic bottle. I don't know where I have been.

Anyway, I gave one spray on my wrist ... it was different. That clear, sparkly sweet Lemon was toned down & a bit sweeter. It had more Aldehyde. Not quite as cool / 'high frequency' as No.5 EDP opening, but similar.

The top settled down. I felt the New EP is going fuller and sweeter. This is not how EP I'm familiar with goes...
20 minutes later, strong MUSK kicked in! Gee, what did CHANEL do!?

Maybe, when they were not watching, original EP & No.19 Poudre had an affair & gave birth to New EP ( then the child murederd original EP).
The Muskyness is definitely No.19 Poudre territory.

I adore No.19 Poudre. But I would have screamed if they replaced Poudre to No.19 and pretended nothing had happened.
CHANEL HP still call EP "Decidedly Light". It's not really.
It's not the casual, luminous, breezy, relaxed interpretation of No.5 any more.
Original EP is gone with that tall bottle.... It's so sad.

If you disliked original EP for the Lemony top & love Musk a lot, you might like the new one.

Mrbigbigtoe
Mrbigbigtoe

I'm 18 and I find that N#5 is a VERY sexy fragrance. However, I would much prefer my wife wear this one to bed than the original. But as far as passing by someone in the mall who happens to be wearing this I don't think you could tell much difference at all. (That's a good thing also)

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

Chanel No. 5 Eau Premiere (from the tall bottle) evokes feelings of such languid elegance that's easy yet refined.

With effervescent aldehydes to open and freshly plucked neroli and ylang ylang, Eau Premiere captures the heart with a bright, warm welcome--a confident toss of perfectly groomed shiny hair and a dazzling white smile.

As the fragrance dries down, it remains airy, yet full. Like a heavy liquid satin that floats with ease. The base is woody and sensual--a perfect harmony with the aldehyde, and flirty yet composed, silken ylang ylang.

Pearls with well cut jeans, diamond stud earrings with a crisp white t-shirt, or even the classic little black dress, day or night. Although with different notes, it runs in the same circles as Balenciaga Paris without being quite as aloof. I find this fragrance a versatile Chanel that doesn't compromise on its classic hallmarks. No. 5 Eau Premiere is a modern and gratifying formulation.

Antares811

I didn't know it was reformulated too. I still have my old big bottle and enjoy it! So gorgeous! A perfect, elegant, feminine, powdery floral scent.

Edit: I tried the new bottle version today, it's the same scent, beautiful, classy and powdery, but I'm afraid it lacks lasting power.

InfirmièreParfumée
InfirmièreParfumée

My possession of Chanel No. 5 Eau Premiere was meant to be. I was on a mission to buying my Coco Chanel Noir that day and the Chanel counter at Nordie's was out of stock. Next, I told my lady at the counter that I will then opt for Voyage d'Hermes EDP.

Oh wow, such a fateful day it was. This store had Voyage d'Hermes but the EDT refillable.

Chanel No. 5 Eau Premiere didn't need any "bring me a tester bottle and I will come back if I like it". The moment I sprayed a little on my wrist, I melted and smiled.

Who does that?

This fine bottle of Chanel is very unique yet very familiar. As a Chanel fragrance, it is quite different. It is not that intense as the original No. 5, yet it does maintain the No. 5 scent... very sexy and very alluring. It does, however, mixes with some freshness to it, making it a day wear fragrance.

Lovely, lovely, lovely !

TheFrenchMistress
TheFrenchMistress

I fell down the perfumista rabbit-hole because of Chanel's N°5 Eau Première. I bought it to wear as something similar to Iris Poudre, but lighter for summer. However, it didn't work that well in warm weather (I've discovered it's far more beautiful on cool, rainy days), so I then carried on investigating scents for summer, and for winter, for day, and evening, and… well, the rest is a history many of you will be familiar with.

Eau Première opens with a striking lemon-sherbet accord, a nose-tingling zestiness combined with a dusting of floral powdered sugar, an olfactory illusion that's distinctive and fun (in a tasteful way of course). As the fizz of the opening settles, the fragrance retains the impression of citrus but gets a little richer, and gradually turns into a lemony jasmine sorbet.

As the base begins to emerge, the composition warms up with a touch of vanilla. A creamy sandalwood comes to the fore, accompanied by a dash of vetiver, and at this point the fragrance calls to mind the amazing Bois des Îles, though here the vetiver is much quieter and the general aura more floral: Eau Première is lemon zest and rose petals to the famous pain d'épices of Bois des Îles, though it has the same sophisticated and addictive warmth in the base. Those looking for the hit of the 'Chanelinade' but who find Bois des Îles a tad too, um, unisex would do well to try this scent.

Eau Première clearly has DNA in common with many of the Chanel greats, but it's far enough removed from N°5 that it's unfair it's considered a flanker because it has enough about it to be a standalone. It's incredibly beautiful, a classic with a modern twist rather than some pretty-pretty, heartless confection. I mostly favour androgynous oriental and woody fragrances, but I find EP very appealing and wear it comfortably. It doesn't make me feel like I'm trapped in a confined space with a teenager doused in the latest mindless fruity floral, as do so many contemporary releases deemed 'feminine'.

Edit: I have just compared the original and new versions, and I find them similar but not identical. The reformulation opens with the same pretty, fizzy aldehydic florals, but there is less of the lemon sherbet. Then the main difference emerges once it's been on skin for a while: the blend of ingredients used to create the sandalwood accord at the heart of the fragrance appears to have been altered, because whereas the original has a characteristic rich, smooth creaminess to it at this stage, the reform has a harsher, oilier note. The overall effect reminds me of the sandalwood / leather / musk combo of Putain des Palaces, and while it suits PdP and I like it there, it seems a fraction out of place in the otherwise refined and seamless EP.

Later, in the extreme drydown, the harshness wears off and the two versions eventually become almost identical, but that isn't until many hours have passed. All in all, the different note in the new version is a dealbreaker for me to the extent that I've now stocked up on the original juice. The difference is probably not, in the grand scheme of things, significant enough to get worked up about, but for those who know and love the original its demise is a real pity.

Dcarlo
Dcarlo

Classy, delicious, fresh, amazingly...Number 5.
You can really notice this in the gorgeous and legendary N5, but with its fresh and most delicate notes.
If you always wanted to wear Chanel N5 but it didn't work on you, give EP a try.
You will surely love it.
Begin with Eau Premiere and eventually you will fall in love with N5.
I felt for it why wouldn't you?
After all, its inevitable, its Number 5!

flowers-in-the-springtime
flowers-in-the-springtime

I never cared much for No5 as I found the aldehydes to be very sharp, screech and breezy. In fact, I would go on to say that No5 is very headache inducing on me.

The shame about this perfume, is the fact that it is called No5 at all, as I was very nearly put off trying it, thinking it would be similar to the original.
I was entirely wrong! This perfume is ravishingly beautiful and has awakened my interest in aldehydic perfumes.
The initial spray is more No19 than No5, It seems to take all the most heavenly aromas from the original but leaves behind the sharp unpleasantness associated with No5.
Beautiful rose absolute starts this symphony, followed by the gentlest of jasmine. I find this slightly 'green' which I love, the aldehydes are soft and refined, they don't shout at you, even in the opening.
I get so many shades of Chanel No19 which is probably why I just can't get enough of it!
This delightful scent also reminds me of RP Baghari, especially in the dry down.
Longevity is 6/8 hours and the silage is all enveloping.
This is a stunning olfactory experience, a truly exquisite perfume, elegant, classy and oh so Chanel!!

wendyangeln
wendyangeln

*originally posted in the forum discussion re: the new Eau Premiere bottle*

I got the new classic bottle a couple of weeks ago but could not find the older, longer bottle anywhere to compare. It's like all the stores are hoarding them away or something. So I complained to my Ma and surprise, surprise, she produced a quarter-full bottle of Eau Premiere circa 2009 from her stash. Um, WHAT? That lady is FULL OF SECRETS! FULL! OF! SECRETS!

Anyways, I conducted a side by side comparison on my forearms last night, and it's true, the new version is longer-lasting, and significantly so. I applied both post-shower around 7pm, and by the time I was getting into bed around midnight, the old one was completely GONE but the new one wasn't even at skinscent stage, it was still quite clear. I have oily skin. However, I could still detect the old one on the sleeve of the gown (silk-satin) I was wearing. So it lasts better on clothes. So there is my PERFORMANCE assessment.

FORMULATION assessment: they're different. I so wanted it to be the same fragrance but it is not. The first spray is identical but they wear differently. The new version is closer to N°5 edt, with the unrelenting aldehydic-musky quality defining the experience. The old sparkles a lot more, with the ylang-ylang coming through even in the top, and the rose making cameo appearances here and there. And there is a sparkly champagne-y quality that is difficult for me to describe, in the old one. I do still get the ylang ylang quite clearly in the new one, but underneath the aldehyde, it doesn't quite "poke through" the aldehyde veil, if you get my meaning. Oh, and more vanilla in the new one. It's slightly, but noticeably, sweeter throughout.

I do really enjoy them both, and maybe the new one even more as I am an admirer of the classic N°5, but I think that lovers of the old one would be disappointed by a full wearing of this new one.

The Swedish girl

I tried this again, and it actually is a nice scent.
Very similar to Prada Iris edp, and Chanel no 19 poudre.
Soft, smooth, cuddly.
It feels veeery light though...

angelayio
angelayio

I get a lighter No5, with less aldheydes, lots of powder and to my nose something citrusy (a very clear lemon to be more accurate) at the opening. Lovely, lovely fragrance. Probably the only No5 I can wear and feel like myself.

Shwets

MellyHelly i agree that missing note! It used to remind me of iris and creamy like....could that be neroli?

Anyway fortunately for me that note you love was the note that spoilt it for me. It would smell kind of glue-y on my skin.

Therefore I really like the newer one. It does smell like the edp but lighter. I am testing the longevity and feel that on me this lasts just as long if not, then slightly longer than the previous one.

Red Rose
Red Rose

I tested this when it first introduces to the crowed & I remember not liking it much but now as I'm all grown up I'll give this another test in it's new bottle that is similar to the regular no.5 & I'll come back with an update.

aspirina
aspirina

I have tried this perfume today, i was expecting a very beautiful fragrance..it's Chanel...i don't know if the tester they had in Belk had turned..i don't think so..since it was almost full.

The impression after i sprayed the perfume ..wow..indolic ..indolic...indolic..eau d' fart..i'm so sorry to give a bad review, but i can't smell anything else..just super indolic flowers! is it possible that this had a reformulation recently? i can't believe "that perfume" has almost no negative reviews...it has to be something odd with the tester or a reformulation..or..i just don't find the beauty in it.

Sorry.

Emma0714
Emma0714

I've always wanted to like Chanel no 5. There was something about it that made it intriguing. The history. The rumors. The icon that it has become. But I just couldn't do it whole-heartedly.

My grandmother had a bottle of the Eau De Toilette in her bedroom, and I used to sneak in and smell it everytime I visited. And play with her pearl necklaces. And silk flowers.

That bottle was from the eighties, and it was big and bold and all over the place.

And I just never managed to fill its shoes. But I knew I loved the luxury. The packaging, the black and gold, the logotype. Just lifting the cap of made me feel like this was luxurious.

I tried. And I gave up.

Until I was given the "Eau Premiere" version as a sample. And then I was stuck. I mean. Really stuck.

Aldehydes, Ylang Ylang. Soapy. Classic. Thick black lashes. Skin. A smile.

I feel like this was made for me. For us. The other generation. This feels like the grandchild of the Original No 5. Same genetics. But a future timeline.

Gorgeous and beautiful.

Timetoski
Timetoski

Raraavis - I agree COMPLETELY, in fact, I came to this site just for that reason. I felt it was different as well, having sprayed it on one arm with the original bottle formula on the other. More citrus in the original? More long lasting? i'm not sure, but they have definitely tweaked it.

one day at the store, i sprayed on the new premiere bottle on one arm and the chanel 5 edp on the other and they smelled indistinguishable.

raraavis
raraavis

I finally had a chance to sniff the Eau Premiere in the new classic Chanel bottle. Sprayed a card and took it with me. It has dried down now, but at the initial stages I thought it was different. Muskier, thicker. Just to assure myself I wasn't fooling myself (since I was distrustful before smelling it), I just pulled out my Eau Premiere in the original bottle. I sprayed a piece of paper, sniffed, not the same, but I am going to let it dry down as well.
Thing is, I put on some No 5 parfum earlier, and when I spritzed the new bottle at the mall today, it immediately reminded me more of this original, but mostly of the EDP. So I came on to see if there were any reviews of the juice in the new bottle and saw Melly's. I'm glad I'm not the only one - I fully agree. This is closest to the original EDP. Eau Premiere was in my regular rotation, but not the version in the new bottle. I do not care for the change.

I had to smell this reformulation of a 2007 perfume. To this point we are... It was masterpiece because it smelled its own way. It was not Chanel n.5, it was Eau Premiere.
Now this new version in a bottle identical to Edp really puzzled my opinion.
Same bottle... why? It makes a lot of confusion.
Different scent...why?
It smells pleasant and still a good one, but it lost special features of Eau Premiere and became a mere faint and bland version of Chanel 5.
It can still be worn with pleasure, this is not bad, but for that pricetag a faint version of latest Chanel 5 is an unfair strategy.
Basically very similar to old version but it lacks something... I'm not expert enough to say what it's missing here. I tried it and it smelled like Eau Premiere without a quid that made the old version a masterpiece. Maybe a high vibe neroli?
There is some mish-mash here, take away this, put this other inside. Replacement.
The scent is stronger at first and could make you think that they even made more concentrated, but longevity is shorter and the overall feeling is tamed and lacking.
It has become a nice "modern" one.
I will give it another try on different weather and mood.
Now, you can buy this one now (no choice, right?) and still be happy with it.
I will miss Eau Premiere but I doubt I will buy it again when my old version bottle will be finished.

Aspendina
Aspendina

i was really liking this but then it faded qutickly and left baby powder on me. I am not kidding straight up J&J baby powder smell and nothing else. And its not even listed as being powdery, go figure.

milkyway

I am convinced it smells differently depending on the weather!
When wearing this in the summer, I get a very strong bitter sweet ylang-ylang and jasmine, whereas the other notes all take a back seat..Interestingly, smelling like quite naturally with almost botanical properties that are normally a feature in natural perfumery.
Regardless of the "natural smell", it still smells like a top notch perfume for real ladies.
In the winter it smells completely different - flowery and aldehydic and perfume-y. My association might not ring a bell, but if crystals had a smell, i imagine that's how they would smell like.
It must be mentioned that the lasting power is not great in the summer, and to me the scent is much more alluring in the cold winter months.

marinaw90
marinaw90

It is definitely a very similar smell to the original, but brighter, and sweeter. It reminds me of sherbert oranges or the smell of an old fashioned sweetshop. I can't say I'm the biggest fan of the original, but this is definitely more up my street. It doesn't beat Coco Noir (my favourite Chanel) but it is a nice addition to my collection. I love that they've put it in the classic Chanel bottles, it makes it seem like a much more permanent fixture of the collection.

celestialstar19
celestialstar19

This is a sparkling gentle elegant gem that has now captivated me. It is a subtle beauty that is charming and yet discreet. I find sexy while still being effortless. This is warm due to the vanilla while being simultaneously cool due to the aldehyde. It opens up with the citrus freshness and clean opening of the aldehydes the bergamot starts the show. Then evolving to its glorious flowers the ylang-ylang, roses, and jasmines are so well blended. To end up in its fine talcum powdery finally. I ran many tests on my skin because I was undecided between this and it's legendary perfume. The lasting power does not compare and it's projection is so mild that one really has to get intimate to recognize this. It does make you want to lean in and I still prefer this one because it is just cleaner more pristine. This lasts on my skin an average of 4 hours then randomly I get wafts and whiffs of this while at work throughout the day to remind me that it is still present. It also does last on my clothes for a long time and I love it. I find this to be romantic, and beautiful no matter the occasion.

Shwets

I was Oxford St (London) Boots yesterday when i spotted Eau Premier in the delightful classic bottle. I was tempted to spray knowing that the scent will either be the same as before or reformulated for the worse. But to my amazement it was intense/concentrated than before and lasted all night! Even my other half confirmed this was more intense. Please can you share your views if you notice similar.

IsabelVerh
IsabelVerh

While the original N°5 is almost cliché in it's sexiness, this one just smells like the little girls' version to me. I got a leftover from someone and I wear it sometimes, but I keep getting more disappointed in it.
Gets a lot of compliments though. Just don't expect any real grandeur.

EDIT: I just realized it's the powdery character that ruins this for me, I also despise N°19 Poudré but love the original. If you like powdery scents, this might just be wonderful for you.

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

I adore this fragrance and love that they recently updated the bottle to match Chanel No.5, but I am disappointed that it went from $125 for 150ml to $130 for 100ml. As a consumer, I feel price-gouged. Now it's only 2/3 the amount for $5 more???! I should have bought it years ago!!

chrisndema
chrisndema

Lovely! Just lovely. This is perfect. I disliked the original, I found it too stale.....but this is a huge improvement IMO. Chanel has brought this frag to a new clientele that can better appreciate it.

beatrix75

I have been today at the trial of Chanel fragrances, I tested edp edt and premier the best on my skin was the premier oh my lord sooo good so expensive so chanel. definitely chanel 5 but much lighter and withatut the animalisc very strong odor of original i fall again in love actually i fall in love with premier every sommar but this time i bouth the 50 ml and i am happy to have this masterpice

goldiloks
goldiloks

This reminds me of certain older female family members. It is warm, soft, comforting, and elegant. A hug in a bottle.

Revontuli

Unbelievable how one's opinion might change about a fragrance (see my previous comment!). Eau Premiere lasts much longer on my skin than both the original EdP and EdT. I also find it much richer and feminine. I adore the powdery touch... And this is definitely not a "younger version of No 5": The original formula is not an "elderly" fragrance, so there can't be a "younger version". It's just an interpretation of it; maybe less complex but as wonderful as the original.

rosewithorns
rosewithorns

In the beginning, I got a lot of aldehydes and the headache came not too long after. It smelled too mature for my age (early 20s), and I feared that this was yet another Chanel that wouldn't work on me. However, after a couple of hours, an amazing, cozy scent wafted up from my arms. I couldn't believe it was the same fragrance I had smelled a while ago. The drydown was perfectly warm and cozy, not what I had expected after its initial blast of aldehydes. I am more than happy to keep wearing this and willing to suffer a bit in the beginning for the wonderful rewards it eventually yields. Unfortunately, it did not last very long on me. I sprayed it on right after a late night shower, and by the next morning, it was barely detectable. It could be the weather, which shot up to 93 degrees today, although I'm not sure.

EternityFresh
EternityFresh

Hello Chanel 5! Very nice indeed! For me Eau Premier is the very wearable #5. Albeit a little lighter, it's a fresher take on the original. I also love the vanilla dry down. I use the original #5 body lotion paired with this perfume and the combination is just right. It's great for summer but of course the original is always Queen!

iheartnumber5
iheartnumber5

This has been my signature scent since it was released and I continue to love it as much as the day I bought it. For me Eau Premiere is the perfect combination of fresh and comforting, modern and classic, professional and relaxed. I wear it year round as my daytime scent (layered over No. 5 body cream) and if I'm going out at night, will sometimes add a spritz of the classic No.5 on top for a little added luxury, mainly in the fall/winter, as that is my favorite time of year for No. 5.

A few other Chanel scents to consider if you love No. 5 Eau Premiere - No. 19 Poudre and Cristalle Eau Verte. I find both of these scents to have the same fresh, polished and yet comforting qualities that keep me coming back to the house of Chanel for more.

mynerva10
mynerva10

The elengancia made a perfume .. Classic, cool and perfect to feel unique and leave their scent every step ... With a powerful aldehydes, but nice, not as strong as the original N ° 5 ... Highly recommended Eau Premiere for those they like N°5 but can not tolerate all day ... on the contrary, this fragrance is very easy to use, fine and very distinctive presence .. with a touch that makes you feel fine, classic, friendly and stylish at all times of the day .. very long lasting!

thomasdegrave
thomasdegrave

They are coming out with a new bottle this year! it's the same as the original N5 EdP looks really nice

lollsazz
lollsazz

This is LOVELY! Just like the original Chanel no5, the different notes are blended very nicely, with no sharp edges. I therefore cannot say I can smell out far as many notes as the previous reviewer. The fragrance is... one of the most beautiful things I've ever smelt - it's very luxurious, sophisticated and cozy.

I will tell you a little story. When I was little, I always used my mom's makeup, although I wasn't allowed to. So, one of my mother's friends gave me some children's makeup. It had this amazing, powdery smell, which stuck with me for many, many years. I went through a big amount of powdery perfumes, but couldn't find anything that smelt quite like the makeup. The smell was powdery, but not like L'instant de Guerlain , not like Chance eau Tendre by Chanel, not like Flower by Kenzo... but like Eau Premiere. This smell might be so nice to me because it reminds me of my childhood, but it's also just very, very, very nice. The powder isn't the musky type that tickles your nose, it isn't the sharp type that makes you feel like you're breathing it in, it's not the sweet type that makes you think "bitter-sweet" - it's VERY soft, slightly flowery, very slightly soapy (the smell of the original no 5) and very slightly vanilla. To me, this is perfection! Sometimes, when a fragrance is modernized, it loses its charm - this is definitely not the case!

One thing though: even though some of the old Chanel no 5 continues to live in this, Eau Premiere is WAY different than the original, or at least to me it is, but the concept is the same: gentle, natural smell of a woman :)

The longevity is good, but the sillage is not strong. I can smell this on me after 10 hours, but only if I smell the skin directly. In general, this perfume does leave a trail of the beautiful powderiness and flowers, but it's not a long one. Also, you have to be a bit more careful when spraying this compared to the original no5, which I can almost bathe myself in without it being over the top in 10 minutes.

I could suggest trying this if you think the original no 5 needs slightly more sweetness, or slightly less soap. You can also try this if you like Dior Addict, but think it's much too strong

samlovefragrance
samlovefragrance

a lovely interpretation of N.5... the colour of the juice and the bottle elegant's chanel lines says it all; very pastel, elegant, refined but unpretentious. there is a delectable vanilla quality to eau premiere, makes my mouth water; but not gourmand or silly in any way.
the aldehydes are tinged with a neroli orange blossom accord, the florals are signature N.5 and the base is soapy and vanillic. i would have liked a bit more signature in the drydown though, it really moves far away from the original in that stage; but still compared to recent launches and terrible flankers of masterpieces, eau premiere is a lovely addition.

sillage: much better than N5 edt, almost similar to edp. moderate but beautiful and fresh for the first hour
longevity: moderate to good, more than 6 hours

FloridaMom
FloridaMom

I like this better than the original Chanel No.5. I do wear and enjoy Chanel no.5 on occasion, since my Mother in Law always gifts me some around the Holidays, but I feel it is too strong and brittle to really wear for anything outside of a business or formal dinner setting,. This one has some nice new notes in that soften it up a bit and make it more versatile.

leda
leda

I love the original No. 5 because of it's warm musky dry-down. I do not enjoy Eau Premiere as much because I dislike the powdery vanilla-musk base. If you like the modern powder/vanilla/musk perfumes, do give this a try as you'll probably find it enjoyable.

frag-overdose
frag-overdose

To my nose,
N°5 Eau Premier
is sweeter than
N°5 EDT / EDP.
The initial is light, and airy,
and once it develops, it turns to
somewhat sweet, along with the vibrant
floral notes. The jasmine in Eau Premiere
smells fresh and dewy.

This is definitely not
the watered-down version
of Chanel N°5, Eau Premiere
comes in EDP concentration,
and that justifies its incredibly
exceptional silage and great longevity.

In Eau Premier, you could tell
the N°5 DNA is there, the subtle alteration made
it softer, lighter, yet retains its retro-vibe sensation,
giving the idea that N°5 is indeed an evergreen fragrance.
A must have in ones' collection.

kati77
kati77

So, how to say.......Chanel oh Chanel. Great clothes. Fabuolous ,but this perfume ...eh is not.
I tryed chanel mademoiselle ,allure sensuelle, allure edp and edt. And this one. Too much aldehydes, i can stand it in moderate amount but this,oh it just aldeh. and oil, oriental oil smell. Maybe its close to famous nr5 ,do know yet, i know i like allure edt, edp is nice orientalish vanilic, allure sensuelle no. Not my case.
So really as i see it now they have much better clothes ,make up ,but fragrances...just few is great. And some are overcommercialised.
Still...its an icon,i know. I respect that.

Lighter and more wearable version of No 5 Chanel, more floral, even if aldehyde note can be smelled all the time.
I like it because I can smell soft jasmine and neroli very well, and these are flowers that I definitely like in moderate concentration.
If someone finds legendary Chanel No 5 too heavy, surely should try Eau Premiere.

Update: you must like aldehyde to be able to like it.

MandiPants85
MandiPants85

This scent is not horrid or overpowering which I find of it's eau du parfum counterpart. However I believe I will only be wearing this 10 years down the road, in my 40's.

beauty_girl
beauty_girl

All of you who thinks that this smells like the orignial, is it the same scent just no civet?
Because i sniff and think it is almost the same, just no civet, wich i thinks makes the scent, unfortunally. Let me know what you all think. I am corius to know.
Thanks.

aoikao
aoikao

This parfume is comforting to me, a lovely smell.
I like wearing it to ballet classes sometimes, I put just a bit on inner arms and knees and I'm ready to dance.

Revontuli

Well... Somehow the Eau Premiere doesn't feel like Chanel to me. I tried it at the beauty store, got a sample and have been sniffing it but... I don't know, I can't get used to it. I go for the EdP and EdT.

Edit: Am I allowed to change my mind "completely"....? God, how could I make such a huge mistake as not to like this! Not because I find the original "unbearable", not at all. But this one's got a unique beauty and class as well, rosier and softer... Can't really choose one over another, they're all wonderful. Chanel...

Lucy Peach
Lucy Peach

Wrap yourself in luxurious Chanel No 5 body cream layered with a few sprays of Eau Premiere - and inhale!! Pure joy.

Dominic80
Dominic80

I am sorry: call me a purist, but Chanel #5 must have the same brightness and sensual witty candor of Marilyn, the same powdery, almost talc alike, everlasting luminous beauty, nailed by intense and progressively seductive touches that almost intoxicate every man, that are warm, warmer and animalic, at times.. Like the real scent of a gorgeous naked woman, made for love or laying just divine in the ecstasy of the afterglow..
It needs to be intense, precise and feline, and, unique! A legend like Marilyn, who wore it very often, andl, i can even tell from the pictures!
But this new version is like some discoulored sad old picture, and, it is bland, not enough powdery and never as sensual or magnetic.
No, Chanel N5 is a completely different much more complex affair that shimmers in the moonlight like the most precious of the tentations, and, the desires..

suhaesa
suhaesa

when i apply this i smell baby wipes.. powder ..and hmm babies.. new born babies.. clean skin..i smell my mother on that perfume..i dont understand how they call it sexual elixer.. its the total opposite of any thing sexual ..its pure...light..plain..simple..airy..angelic. ..its so soft ..its like a whisper..its so light..like a breath of air..its almost cloudy..its cold..almost dead..
so powdery..it smells like old make up powder..maybe the back stage of Marilyn Monroe make up room smelled like that..its so 50 ies..there is something in the very back maybe the aldehydes that make it special or memorable..in a discrete way...it s a skin scent it envelops your skin as a second skin it lays there as if you have applied powder plain white unscented powder with a hint of muskiness and aldehydes..softer ones..it turns in your skin and gives you a cloudy vail of hmmmmm i dont know is it sheerness..is it purity..its definitely something white..very white..very elusive..with a hint of lemon..i smell my grandfather in it too..it smells old in a nostalgic way..it has a heart tightening sensation about it in my heart..
its a fine simple french legend..that will stand the test of time..

perfume rating 4 out 5
bottle rating 4.4 out of 5
this review was about the no5 sensual elixir from the seductive collection
its not in the normal perfume alcoholic form. it feels like a viscous solution. its a pour out bottle edp perfume bottle ,that you open the cap and use it or pour it out on your pulse points.. it feels like a serum.. a heavy viscous composition that doesn't feel oily.. but is like light serum ..
its 50 ml
bought from bloomingdales..at about 100 us $
they always hide them inside counters and are not found easily always out of stock..they are like the hidden treasures that you have to hunt for..

Rawannnna
Rawannnna

I am not into aldehyde, and never liked N 5, although I tested it on for years. but this one is a true masterpiece. This should be the true number five.
why? because its loud, seductive, naughty and classy.
The aldehyde note is not that sharp antic annoying soap-like one, rather, its a fresh and intoxicating note. the flowers blends in very nicely, you cant tell when the rose take over the perfume or when the vanilla appears, but its very harmonic and well-made product that will stay fresh on you all day.
This perfume is like having a shower, then dash into a full of roses garden. highly recommend. and don't be afraid it does not have a retro vibe at all.

Paintedlily
Paintedlily

Eau Premiere opens with bright, sparkling aldehydes, citrus and powdered ylang ylang. 10 - 15 minutes later the citrus disperses, a soft rose develops and the aldehydes and powder come forward. This softens pretty quickly (around 30-45 minutes) into mostly floral and powder with the once sparkling aldehydes now a shimmer in the background. It has a very floral/soapy feeling, very fresh and clean as if you just stepped out of the shower.
Sillage is moderate at around arms length and lasting power seems moderate at around 4-6 hours.
Overall, this is a beautiful fragrance. At times the aldehydes and powder can be a bit much, but it's still lovely. It has a fresh out of the shower feeling...very floral soap and dressing powder and a little champagne.

ledavis727
ledavis727

While you can tell that this perfume shares the same DNA of the original Chanel No. 5, it is its much more shy, ethereal sister. It is much more powdery and muted, with a lemon-y opening. Lots of vanilla and ylang-ylang follow the citrus burst gradually settling down into a woody-sweet scent that makes me think of crisp spring mornings. It is very bright and much more transparent than No. 5, and a lot less aldehydic, but the relation is still there. Unfortunately after about 2 or 3 hours, it is gone. I sprayed some of my mothers No. 5 Eau de Toilette on one wrist and Eau Premiere on the other, and while after hours of work and a shower the EDT was still going strong, the Eau Premiere just couldn't keep up. But for some reason I felt more drawn to the Eau Premiere; perhaps just because the lighthearted smell of every stage made up for the weak lasting power. I was lucky enough to get my hands on a giant 5oz tester so this scent will be sticking around for a while, and honestly.. I have no problem with that. Definately a great spring scent, and perfect for when you need a lift in your day, or night.

sobachka_Zhuzha
sobachka_Zhuzha

Ordered a sample of this on ebay, and it is my first Chanel No 5 experience. The scent is lovely, but it disappears within an hour :( Sits very close to the skin too. Will have to explore other versions of No 5.

Lycie
Lycie

I simply adore this. I have been using this every night after bathing. At first I smell a citrus burst, then it goes into a soft flowery scent. Finally I smell a touch of vanilla. Not the sweet kind of vanilla in other perfumes but a nice warm cozy scent. I find it to be such a comforting perfume that I love going to sleep with it. I will not be without this.

Platinum1
Platinum1

As I finish my tour of ladies Chanel samples from the comfort of my own home this one greeted me with a very friendly bright aldehyde/lemony opening that calmed down quickly on my dry male skin. It reminded me of a more floral opening of the mens Pour Monsiuer Homme. As I sit here the dry down I get is a classy, clean rose and subtle vanilla that just keeps evoking in me the image of an intellectual type modern woman in an office or boardroom setting? It does seem to sit closer to the skin than the sweeter coco's I've tried with almost a transparent sillage. I have never smelled the original No5 on a woman but if this version is even remotely similar the original must surely be very elegant? I would very much respect a woman's taste in fragrance that wore Eau Premiere as it is unmistakeably all Chanel DNA and another Polge masterpiece.
My score ~ Fittingly a no. 5/5.

9-na
9-na

That’s what resolute (in a good way) grace with nice manners and a calm, gentle smile would be like, I think, if grace had a scent. Eau Première started out on my skin as nice lemon juice, squeezed out of the lemon a second ago. Gradually it became somewhat sweeter. And then it was gone, its place taken by semitransparent, beautiful jasmine powder, getting to know rose powder, just as beautiful and semitransparent. Then it was sandalwood time, with a drop of vanilla. I enjoyed wearing Eau Première.

risarii
risarii

When Ernest Beaux, the original nose behind Chanel No. 5, was making the original perfume, he wished to capture the scent of the white, snowy, icy landscape he saw during his time in Arkangelsk, Russia, and the aldehydes he used were said to be of "a melting winter note".

To me, N°5 Eau Premier is truer to that original desire than any other formulation of the legendary fragrance. It's crisp and fresh like the arctic and is very "white". Mr. Polge has done a marvelous job at recreating the original. It's magnificently feminine and extremely beautiful. It's crisp and clean but there's something about it that makes it quite sensual as well. I would name it my favorite version of N°5 by far, even though, despite being barely 20 years old, I really like both the EDP and the EDT. (I have not tried the Elixir.)

I think this is a very sophisticated, beautiful perfume that is perfect year-round and, despite smelling very luxurious and "rich", suitable for every day and any occasion. It can add a bit of glamour to your day no matter what you're doing.

Ernest Beaux, describing the art of making a perfume: "It is like writing music. Each component has a definite tonal value ... I can compose a waltz or a funeral march"

Chanel N°5 Eau Premiere is most definitely a waltz.

Bravo, Monsieur Jacques Polge.

Egyptian Goddess
Egyptian Goddess

i am in love with this. it is fizzy champagne and just oozes classiness. i wanted to try both gucci eau premiere and N5 premiere and the gucci one just evaporated and could barely smell anything (a lot of reviewers said the same thing) but i can still smell the 5 eau premiere hours and hours later. it is a cozy type of scent without being too sweet or nauseating. I only wish Chanel cared about gift sets around the holidays, it seems as though no thought is put into it, only sets i have seen is coco m and original 5. Is it that hard to put a few gift sets out, maybe like 5 premiere with a smaller bottle (for travel)or even a soap included in a gift set or even #19 in a set, or how about a gift set for chance eau tendre or something???? I don't understand that at all.

fundi

I feel the same nawele5!!!

pure beauty.......

blueviolet
blueviolet

So wonderful. Close to original, so if you like that one, great. If not. Also great.You can still like this. Its modern and beautiful, I have listed this as my number one wish for christmas. It stays put as well, I have washed today and I can still (faintly) smell it on my hand. Chanel no 5, truly the queen of fragrances.

nawele5

i finally got this and i just can't stop using it every day, i was really amazad by the soft powdery floral notes in it, so classy and enveloping fragrance,love it

Mimielle
Mimielle

My previous sig, still a favorite. Sweeter, lighter, easier than the more serious versions of No 5 to slip into and wear for everyday but still refined, lovely and complex. It lasts on me but the overall tone is indeed a lighter impressionist interpretation of No 5. I love to smell all the versions but this one I can wear any day or on my birthday, in any season, to bed with intent or for just no reason at all. It is effortless elegance, which I love! Everyone should have a perfume that makes them feel this way, no matter if they love variety or are loyal to just a few.
My first fragrance was Chloe, then I stole a boyfriend's Grey Flannel and switched it up with Lauren. White Linen freshened an endless number of stale desert summers.
As a grown woman, I chose Fendi and wore it for over a decade, then for a long time, single or blended natural floral and herbal oils. Now this fragrance will take a rest, I have moved into the Guerlinade to pick violets.

kayraven
kayraven

I was just lying in my bed looking through a mag when I understood that there's something nearby smelling irresistible sexy. I started searching and discovered a sample of this new fragrance. It smells amazing! Just like the old classical one, just fresher and much lighter. I can't really get along with the classic №5 cause it's far too strong, but this one seems perfect. Also the bottle is simply gorgeous! It's elegant, simple, chic and sleek. The only disadvantage of the fragrance is the staying power, a little less than average. Wish it would last longer!

Amparo Noir

I tried this days ago at the Chanel counter,
written at the back of the tester bottle: 'a new olfactory interpretaion' I agree to that 100%,
yet this is an EDP too...

but this smells lighter and fresher and lasts all day.

Much more preferable to the original No.5

I get light jasmine, ylang-ylang, and soft lemon. It's fresh and light; my mom wears it and she always gets compliments.

Anatares

This is my second post too. I use it on my clothes, my scarves, in winter, when I wear Chanel No5 EDP (a spray on the back of the neck).
Both together are absolutely divine.
No doubt, Jacques Polge is my favorite nose!

SayakaP

This is my second posting. I bought a bottle.

Opening is Sweet Lemony, rather than Aldehydic.
Untill it mellows down, it gives me lovely, fizzy feeling on my skin.
I know that those who hate No.5 are put off by the first blast of Aldehyde...so, "sweet lemon instead of icy Aldehyde" makes Eau Premiere more likable to many, I guess.
It's still there though, just enough to satisfy a hardcore No.5 lover like me.

Eau Premiere is as powderly & floral as original.
Significantly less Vetiver (soap scent), a lot more Vanilla.
There's no animal scent here.

I've been using No.5 bath soap in cooler season & shower gel in warmer season.
Soap is the heaviest, obviously sexy one among the family. Sandalwoody & spicy (my husband uses the soap... Quite masculine on his skin after bath!)
Shower gel is super Aldehydic and Ylang Ylang dominant.

Chanel No.5, is like a musical tune sang by all these different instruments.
Parfum, EDT, EDP, EP & bath line... each has different texture in their voice but singing one same melody.
Eau Premiere is simply, but beautifully whistled Chanel No.5.
I can whistle along and smile.

I love this one!

Animato
Animato

This perfume was my 'trainingwheels' until I understood Chanel 19. I know, it is suppose to be the daughter of Chanel no 5... but for some reason the sparkling and citrusy beginning complete with the musky and flowery heart, really got me to understand and appreciate Chanel no 19! Or rather, got me to stay long enough to experience Chanel no 19's heart, which is a lovely powdery and (to me) soapy iris. Love love love. And all thanks to you, little Eau Première.

SayakaP

I've been using No.5 EDP for years.
Got this Eau Premiere tester (2mil spray) from the Chanel counter and tried it yesterday.

This is BRILLIANT!

Take EDP, reduce the soap smell and add more vanilla. That's EP.
From the beginning it goes straight to the mellow middle of EDP and stay there. Lovely.
It lasted all day, too. Lasts longer than EDP on me.

EDP, to me, is perfect. So I don't know how Eau Premiere can be as good as EDP when it's modified one. But it is so.
It's bubbly, vivacious & relaxed...

I'll probably buy a bottle soon.

Scout
Scout

I never could get into No 5. Always ended up smelling like tarnish on my skin. There was that "one note" I craved more of, but it never became pronounced, until now. Premiere is "it" -- the best part of 5, amplified. This is my daily feel-pretty-but-go-to-work-in-a-corporate-world-of-fluorescent-lights smell... It is faint and delicate enough to wear lavishly at work without offending, but it doesn't disappear like a delicate, girly frag. Well done!

aqua76239
aqua76239

To me this is a lighter more powdery version of the original. But somehow aldehydes are more prominent in this one(at least to my nose). I am not really a huge fan of the original(I don't hate it but its just not for me)...this one makes me picture elegant older woman, dressed in Hermes or Chanel lol...I don't see this as young scent...there is too much aldehydes and powder in this
I will be honest...to me original smells more modern than this...just my opinion

Eau de moi
Eau de moi

I have to admit that I prefer this one over the original Chanel #5. Same basic juice without the extra useless notes. And less the migraine that accompanies the wear of the original Chanel #5. I consider buying it very seriously.

mluckyg
mluckyg

First spray I smell combination of some aldehydes and citrus. After that ylang ylang and a combination of light neroli and light rose. In the drydown I could smell more of light vanilla.

This is very powdery, I feel like I'm surrounded by talcum powder. Could be a comfort scent but not exciting.

Soft projection like half an hour and after that stay very close to the skin. Stay longer on clothes. I have to spray every two hours or smell my skin to detect it.

To sum up, it is a soft elegant and powdery scent.

i want you SOOOOO BBADD chanel N 5 EAU PREMIERE

Amalmarri
Amalmarri

elegant fresh ( tolerated to my taste) and bright soapy powdery scent.
stays close to the skin and disappear quickly .for me its morning or day time scent. will not repurchase again as I prefere other long lasting and good sillage chanel fragrance.

Jose Marcos

I am not that avant garde to say that for me a good scent has no gender, as a man I am very aware that socially it wouldn't be nice to smell like a woman, even if it would have been a very beautiful one. But I have some interest in good smell and then I think there is no need to classify it as male or female. that's why I have a bottle of Prada Infusion de Fleur d'Oranger, beautiful scent but I cannot wear it, period. One day I will get a bottle of Hermes Kelly Caleche also. But Obsession for Women is a different story. It is much better than the Men's and very sober, I wear it and I am very fond of it. Then last week I saw a 150ml beautiful bottle of Chanel No 5 Eau Premiere for quite cheap, and it is an EDP. Read somethings about it and had a go for it. It is Chanel No 5. It is light-sh. It is unissex-ish. It is wondeful. Because of labels I can't wear it on its own on me but I have found many combinations with sweeter male scents like Lanvin Avant Garde, D&G The One, Jaguar Excellence EDP, Charriol Royal Leather and, best of all, Chanel Egoiste and Platinum Egoiste. I know people may think it is a bit homo-ish, but I am telling people that all the same so they also can have an open mind about this issues. I think it is not reasenable to talk about male/female scents and Dior Homme and DHI are over the boarder to the feninine side of the espectrum being so hyped as a male scent. Narciso Rodriguez for Him Musc Collection is really a woman's scent but we accept the labe, if it says for men it must be a male scent. Is it?

Chenet
Chenet

I got this one Winter and the first two times I wore it, I felt a woody sweet freshness. Then, as soon as the weather began to change to Spring, it turns so nauseous on me, and on the top of that, I got an allergy reaction. I could breathe normally but I couldn't smell anything. It was funny, it was like my subconscious commanded my nose: STOP smelling that! It was a WOW, I stopped wearing it. I just discovered that it is a cold dry winter weather scent for me. I like it but only on Winter time.

cecfor
cecfor

Tried it on a whim when I passed the counter. The original no 5 is a classy wow-thing on others but too strong and citrusy for me. This is another story. Instant love for this soft and classy vanilla. Non-sweet. Great aldehydes ( yes, I am a fan of them). Lovely flowers. It matches my skin perfectly and I love it in every aspect. I couldn't stop thinking about it and got back and bought it following day. No regrets.

LoveForYMCMB
LoveForYMCMB

Where can I buy this in Chile? If my mom likes White Linen will she like this?

Bihter
Bihter

Its beautiful powdery vanillic dry down is simply a perfect match with my chemistry.

Njensen1
Njensen1

I recently purchased both a vintage bottle of the eau de cologne no. 5 and this new, "more marketable," rendition. I can see where, in the older versions, Chanel's no.5 can come off as old-ladyish, and I think it's because of the "powdery-ness," of the originals. However, this newer fragrance still contains the flower-powder tones, yet somehow uplifts them with a touch of sweetness that is more common in modern perfumes. On my skin, initially and before the dry-down, it sparkles with a sweetness and has the tang of the aldehydes which gives it, as previously described, a frosty, or cold touch..this makes it beautiful for summer, or spring in extremely hot and humid climates like Florida. Initially, this fragrance gave me a headache, but I hadn't eaten and it was extremely warm that day. As the frag dries down, the sweet coolness remains, but now the signature powdery tones of no. 5 are more detectable. A wonderful frag, but lasting power and spillage are rather weak. I cannot wait to try this rendition in summer. A beautiful Chanel on its own. Maybe we should remain her Chanel 6, because she seems to be more of a flirty, fun-loving relative, than a direct decendant of the more stuffy, prim-and-proper no. 5.

drouhin
drouhin

No. 5 seemed fusty to me 25 years ago, when I was a young woman. Now that I fully qualify as an Old Lady, I thought I'd give the updated, lighter version, Eau Premiere, a shot. Perhaps I will have grown into it?

No such luck. Still fusty. After coughing my way through that fog of aldehydes (takes me right back to my youth, boy has that not changed), I bump into neroli, not my favorite flower. I'm going on one hour here and still fighting the temptation to scrub.

Lest anyone think I'm biased against "classic" aldehydic perfumes, I'm not. Vintage Balenciaga Le Dix, an aldehyde heavy fragrance from 1947, is one of my favorites. The aldehydes in Le Dix are handled more subtly and skillfully than in No. 5, however. I'd encourage anyone who shares my reaction to No. 5 to give Le Dix a try before writing off classic aldehydic perfumes altogether.

Anatares

Beautiful woody-floral, very feminine and classy. Similar to N5 but lighter. One of my favorites.
Perfect for a romantic date.

larita91
larita91

OK, first of all, this rewiev is coming from a 22 years old college girl, who loves modern, sweet fragrances, and always tries to avid smell like a granny.

The first ten minutes of this fragrance is sharp and horrible, like the soaps in a public toilet (and we don't exactly use Chanel to wash our hands in Hungary) BUT that fades away quickly, and the smell settles into a beautiful, elegant, powsery smell. Not old ladish at all, it is modenr, sweet, classy, lady-like, and oooomygod i can't stop sniffing my own wrists. Yes it is soapy, clean smell, but that dominance is about ten minutes, then it is still soapy (a little) but becomes into a sweet, classy, young floral. Best of all. :)

brettashley
brettashley

My initial reaction to the first spray was to draw back. The aldehydic opening is reminiscent of the typical experience with Chanel No 5 - a breath of something almost musty. But after allowing the scent to settle on my skin for a few minutes, it began to unfold into a beautiful, golden warm scent of gorgeous florals and a warm vanillic base. It's a kind of scent that you spray on and forget about (because it's not too strong), and throughout the day, you'll catch a whiff of it and wonder, "What smells so good?" before realizing it's yourself. Fantastic, and great to wear everyday, especially through a hot humid city summer and to work. I've also layered a bit of Prada's Infusion d'Iris over it, and the combination works surprisingly well.

Edit: I've actually repurchased and have a whole bottle waiting in the wings. I've gotten compliments on this because it's "straight up floral, but in a good way" - not hidden behind fruits or drowned in vanilla. This is the good stuff, folks, and I go through it like water.

arrode
arrode

I was startled how much I did like this one! I smell aldehydes mostly in this one. It smells very lemony/soapy to me. I also get a good deal of roses mixed in. I feel like this would be perfect in all weather. I think the original No. 5 is a bit too heavy for me, but this one is perfect for me. I'm in my mid-twenties and this is probably the No. 5 that I feel could possibly work for me.

pipergirl
pipergirl

I sampled this version of no 5 yesterday for the very first time - really pretty, feminine, beautiful dry down. I think it would be especially nice on coolish spring and fall days. There may be a bottle of this in my future.

incorrigible_nose
incorrigible_nose

My dad gifted me this and it took me a while to like this. One rainy day is all it took. I took a warm shower and applied on pulse points. It was like being in a garden full of lemons and sunshine and soft music.

wooedwithpeonies
wooedwithpeonies

first off let me admit I've never smelled Chanel no. 5 so I don't know how they compare, i was always to worried it might smell too granny-ish, so when this was marketed as a softer version i figured it would be like training wheels to the real thing. and all I have to say about this is, wow! what a truly womanly sent. if perfumes could talk this would say "I am a sophisticated, glamorous, confident, mature, woman!" I cant help but smile when I smell this, its not at all granny like I imagined it might be. its old fashioned but youthful and alive at the same time, I think of old Hollywood actresses when this is sprayed, Marilyn Monroe and Audrey Hepburn. I love it one of my new favorites!

alchemist1976stephanie
alchemist1976stephanie

In true Chanel fashion, Eau Premiere presents itself very readily at first spritz. It reminds me very much of the Chanel No 5 soap, which I like about this. I love soapy fragrances. The original No5 doesn't do very well on me, but this one would be the version I would wear if I were to keep it in my wardrobe.

Eau Premiere is everything a floral should be. It's not heavy, but its bouquet makes a definite statement. It is a great version to introduce to younger generations just discovering Chanel but aren't yet ready for the mighty embrace of the original No 5. A wonderful addition to any fragrance collection!

KateAnette
KateAnette

During the colder time of the year, this is very, very soapy on me. It smells like high class hotel soap, a pleasant one nevertheless.
Now that it's warm, it's still soapy, but less so. I actually find some spices in it now, no idea where that's coming from. I guess the vetyver and sandalwood gets more pronounced on warm skin. Feels very clean, but now with a twist, the vanilla coming out more too, sweetening it a bit. I like this in winter, love it in summer.

DoUSmellThat
DoUSmellThat

I like to wear this before bed. I'm not really sure why it has a cozy cuddly affect on me. But it does! And I have no trouble sleeping after I spray this on myself or my pillow. Something about it makes me feel secure I guess.

Germany
Germany

This review is in Chanel # 5 and Premiere ; Premiere is very similar to chanel #5 ,it has more lemon or citrus in the opening but the feel and the dry down is similar. I prefere the actual chanel # 5 edt over premiere but I do appreciate and own both and love wearing them at certain occasions. It's such a classy scent. You can't go wrong with it and its elegant and timeless. If I could only have a few scents. This or chanel 5 edt would be one of them. In a way they smell like an expensive soap. Like taking a bath in a luxurious surrounding. A classic!!! ,,,,,Scents come and go. This came and stayed !

Iris_it
Iris_it

I first tried it spraying on paper and I was hit by a very powerful blast of ice . I suppose those are the aldehydes in the crisp sprinkling cold version . I rarely get an image for a perfume I smell for the first time but this time it was as if all of a sudden the world has lost its colors except black and white . The following associated image was taken from Rolland Emmerich movie "The day after" : The glacial era settled like a lightning chilling everything and ... robbing colors to life .

I did not feel like testing it on my skin anymore because it was early March . Anyway I do not enter a fragrance shop if I am looking for a refrigerator . Don't know if I try it on my skin at some point in the future under 100°F ...

smellME
smellME

First off all this is class and an interpretation of the classic Chanel no.5 .I agree and you should remember that while continueing reading my review...First I Love the bottle in my hand. The seethruth square bottle telling you...
- What you see is what you get. Eau premiere or any Chanel does not have to hide within a coloured spectacular bottle.
The neroli and ylang is beautiful but could have been stronger cause the aldehyds nearly kills them. I wish the aldehyds didn't have to join this composition at all... The Rose is a soft dry oldfashioned rose, not sweet like the Stella ones. The jasmine is also not like the jasmines I know and love. Here its also softer and a little shy to fit the blend the best.
This is certainly a delicate powdery; whatever that comes from
and nice day scent. For work and quiet outdoor or at home parties.
for the bride to be or.... the maid of honour, maybe ?

I like this , I like it a lot and its pretty but not that wristsniffer I usually fall for -I must admit....
the drydown, as in almost any perfume I own is the best part.
Well done !
Swapped, not for me after all...

bettybluebell
bettybluebell

I am absolutely aghast at all the negative reviews of Chanel No5! No5 is an all time favorite of mine and the idea of an offshoot left me cold and uninterested. How can you improve on perfection? After reading a number of positive reviews of Eau Premiere I tested at the store, and my initial reaction was that it was too similar and why would I want another weaker version of No5. By the time I left the beauty department I was overwhelmed by the beautiful, diaphanous, and unique unto itself, version of one of my favorites. Eau Premiere certainly stands on its own with a respectful nod to the original. It is not a wallflower of a fragrance either. I think there is definitely a sweet and floral punch that prevents this fragrance from being ho-hum. There is also a timeless quality. I find I am reaching for Eau Premiere more than my beloved No5.

lizzie81
lizzie81

I'm not going to add a review on the smell of Chanel No.5, it's such a classic, most of what you could possibly say about a perfume has already been said and years ago. Having said that I would like to add my thoughts on this fairly new version of it. This is essentially Chanel no.5, but I personally prefer it!! It is still the same gorgeous smell, but a bit lighter, more assesable, and more wearable on an everyday basis. It blends into the skin beautifully, like I find all Chanels' manage to do. It is gorgeousness in a bottle and I would recommend it to anyone who is a little afraid of the power house that is Chanel no.5, or (I hate this) those who consider it 'old ladyish'.

More suitable for younger women perhaps than the original. Today I layered in over J.Lo's 'Glowing', (some might consider this a sin, but I don't consider such perfume snobbery to have any credibility, do what works for you baby!!) It worked wonderfully, and to my surprise there are similarities between the two! (excellent for those who may not want to fork out for the pricy Chanel!)

The one down side is the lasting power :( yup 4.5 hours later the J.Lo is still going strong but all trace of the lovely Eau priemier has disappeared :( What the hell has happened to Chanel fragrances lately? My wonderful no.19 unfortunatly suffers the same affliction and I refuse to repurchase it even though we were for a time inseperable :( . If you have plenty of money or want to splurge I would highly recommend you give it a try, it is gorgeousness even if the staying power for me was highly disappointing!

DJPINA1
DJPINA1

Chanel No 5 is my signature scent until I smelled Chanel no5 eau premiere. This is such a nice light version of the original. So I think I can honestly say that the Original is my fall and winter perfume. But now Eau premiere will be my spring and summer scent along with No 19. Even though it is light it does last a while when I go and change in the evening I can still smell is on my skin. All day long I just sniff my wrist, it actually helps me concentrate at work. I bought this one on a blind buy and absolutley enjoy the smell. So for those of you who can wear this scent enjoy it. My original signature was Fendi which I miss so dearly. But as much as I love the scent I refuse to pay over $300.00 for a 1.7 edt. So Chanel has won my heart over.

hautegaunt
hautegaunt

This version of No.5 is fantastic. Lighter and more modern for todays woman. Elegant and beautiful, I love it

Definitely smells related to No. 5, especially the EDT. Eau Premiere is a softer, more delicate version. The aldehydes are softer, the effect less sparkling, but the soapy florals are still there and this is unmistakably still No. 5. This is like a daytime version, something you can wear outdoors, more wearable overall.

Délicieux
Délicieux

Drat. I so wanted to like this. I could never wear the original Chanel No. 5 because of the aldehydes. It just doesn't agree with my chemistry.

I have a friend who wears this new formulation and I love it on her. So disappointing that the aldehydes still seem to jump out and accost my poor nose. Ah well.

yidansheng
yidansheng

I've always been a big fan of No.5 series. Just the ylang+aldehyde+woody combination drives me crazy... This one is definitely a great explanation of No.5: very distinctive neroli/bergamot helps it to grow younger and more friendly on you.

Jillmcshaw1
Jillmcshaw1

An everyday version of Chanel No. 5. I had never liked the original but had always thought maybe it will grow on me, waiting for the day I would become the type of lady who could wear it and others would enjoy it.that day never came until I tried Premiere. It has a great dry down without the strong grandma smell.I dont wear it often because it still is not crowd friendly but I wear if when I need to treat myself.

614kristaaa
614kristaaa

So lovely and timeless. For as long as I can remember, I idealized No. 5 as the most glamourous, classy, ladylike, luxurious scent. When I was finally old enough to buy the more expensive perfumes, I still loved No. 5, but it is a little heavy and (in my mind) better suited to a more mature woman - which I rarely say because I don't think fragrances should be age discriminate. So, fast forward...

I was looking for a fragrance for my wedding and discoverd eau premiere. I love it so much and it's not so heavy. I pair it with the original No. 5 lotion and it makes a perfect sillage combination.

Of course No. 5 is the epitome of powdery, but it's the most luxurious, expensive powder scent and I will always love it.

3rd review for Eau Premiere :-)
I just got a small bottle of this from my bf. Bizarre choice from him, because he knew I craved another small bottle of Guerlain L'instant (I own several samples of that to use), but to be honest I don't really needed any new perfume. I just like them!
He went for Eau Premiere due to... I don't know, his words were too confused or made no sense to me :-D
Anyway I'm not disappointed at all.
I had an on-off relationship with EP since it came out.
For many years I wasn't a Chanel girl and I'm not that even now strictly speaking.
I found the house of Chanel too "old" before and I find it too aggressive now. Old for me doesn't mean the usual old-granny-scent stereotype. No way! Most of the big classics smell amazing on younger ladies, it's a matter of personality, not age.
For many years perfume was conceived to make a woman smell even more womanly, mature, rich, sophisticated, elegant focusing on the real thing of natural stuff, that is real elements from nature with effects on mind and emotions: the beauty of flowers, the sexiness of animalic notes, the legance and refinement of woods.
Only in the last 20-30 perfume became minimalised to fake blast of fruity-plastic which seem more wearable to most noses. I guess they don't scare the crowds but they generally scare ME for lack of depht, lack of soul and artificiality. Just a smell you add on top of your skin for good measure.

Going deeper in the world of scents it was impossible to skip Chanel in this quest.
The classic No.5 is a monster in all versions and they are all different! Who ever knows now what it reallysmells like originally? Too many changes. I had a feeling that many different No.5 were marketed at different times with the same name and bottle.
I still remember my mini of EdT from the 80s: it was pure delight of jasmine with some wild animalic.
Not what they sell now as EdT (nice anyway but not that)
Rounder and thicker but less wild EdP was my favourite form until Eau Premiere came out.
Simpler, apparently, a little monster on its own. A lovely initially childish blend of yellow Baby Johnson.
Both me and bf are biased against No.5 aldehydes because of memories. Yes, it conjures up "old lady" but just as an olfactive memory of childhood and honestly because most ladies wore too much.
I especially associate the powdery jasmine of classic No.5 with rich, sophisticated ladies who gave a lot of importance to themselves because of their money (or their husbands) and supposed superiority of human nature (craziness!). I met quite a few of these wandering in offices as if they were the boss of all. Their perfume was invariantly Chanel No.5, oh what an originality! It was a perfume, they made a stereotype out of it.

That long said, smelling Eau Premiere was a relief for both me and bf. He quite liked it. In his simple words of not-perfume obsessed he said: "Nice, fresh, not old ladyy and no headache!"
Good :-)

Now I'm wearing it and what I can say is that for some reasons I find it a comfort scent.
Could it be the Johnson Baby shampoo of my childhood? Mmm, I don't think so, it must be something more complex.
It's elegant enough to give an impression of wealth but also unfussed and happy. Yes, I think that the word for Eau Premiere is happy&contented.

I like the lemony part, but I love the evolution on my skin: jasmine!!! A glorious jasmine followed by soft woods and only a small good vanilla part, no cupcake, no marshmallow, no TBS type.
I love the vanilla this way almost like I love the vanilla in Guerlains.

Most people will love this smell on you but of course some will not.
Who cares.

EP doesn't scream. It's subtle but it's there and for long time. Poor sillage, good longevity.
The bottle is lovelY!

aveilhe
aveilhe

I have lovingly dubbed Eau Premiere "the impatient Chanel No. 5." To my nose, Premiere is quite similar to No. 5 in many ways-- particularly in the first hour of wear. It's as if all of the clean, soft, powdery qualities that become more present in the drydown of No .5 are all concentrated up front in Premiere. I have mixed feelings about this -- you get more of an immediate satisfaction (and less of the aldehydes found in No. 5), but the drydown on Premiere is a bit weak and linear. There is none of the gorgeous transition you get with No. 5 -- that moment, an hour or two into wearing the fragrance, when you catch a gorgeous, creamy whiff of yourself and fall in love all over again.

Premiere is lighter and softer, with more citrus (to replace the lower concentration of aldehydes) and has very little of the creamy-woody undertones of Chanel No. 5 eau de parfum.

I think both fragrances have their place -- I could see Premiere being worn as a daytime alternative to No. 5 (which I associate more with special occasions and evenings out). Also, if you have found it difficult to get through the strong aldehydes in No. 5, Premiere might be a great choice for you. Ultimately, they are both classic, gorgeous scents -- Premiere is just a bit more fleeting and a little less challenging (note: some might interpret this as "younger") than No. 5.

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

Looking for something to spray on before I alighted the train, I chose this. I hate to say that I didn't leave a good review when I smelt it for the first time on the strip alone but on skin this is actually quite lovely. A warm and comfortable amber citrus which wears like a second skin, as does No 5 on me. It does smell like No 5 but re interpreted, it isn't green, it just has a citrus lift and is a little more modern. This is actually on my wish list as I've gone back to work and this is perfect as a classy, warm but lighter scent which suits any occasion-without being boring.

milapequeno
milapequeno

It's very good. But it's so waterdown that does not last on the skin

100mlEDT
100mlEDT

Chanel,  No 5 Eau Premiere 2008 by Jaques Polge. An inspired choice for a Classic Alderhydeic floral. Fresher and lighter on the  Alderhydes,  it strips away time and date,  softening the edges and modernising the famous formulation. Eau premier presents a little rosier than iconic No 5. Grasse grown jasmine,  neroli and ylang ylang from the Comoro Islands keep it luxe but not overly fussy. Generously well sized in 125 ml bottle .

d0404363
d0404363

Luca Turin stated in "Perfumes: The Guide," that the grand daughter of a lady who wears No. 5 would wear Coco Mademoiselle. Wrong (I still respect Mr. Turin, don't get me wrong). The grand child of a No. 5 wearing grand parent would be wearing No. 5 Eau Premiere.
No. 5 evokes a sense of self-assurance and confidence. It is the scent of a person who was gained wealth, happiness, and personal success through perseverance and hard work (much like Chanel herself). Now, Eau Premiere is for a person who was born to a privileged and comfortable life. It is aloof and care free (see the grandparent & grand child metaphor here?).
The scent itself is marvelous, a glorious rendition of the original No. 5. In Eau Premiere, No. 5's infamous aldehydes are subdued and a soft, sweet citrus takes the stage (not a strong, acidic citrus either, more so a citrus that has removed its raw and crass demeanor for something more acceptable in polite society...the only time I approve of conformity). Also, the powdery aspects are completely different. The original's powder is more or a cosmetic powder to wear for a night out at the opera; Eau Premiere utilizes a simpler compound, something to scent the body with after a shower.
I was overwhelmed at how well the scent was made, especially its lingering resemblance to the original. However, that lasts for a good 2 minutes. Whereas the grandparent persevered through his/her life and was able to last longer, the grand child just quits when times get tough. Loser. The longevity sucks with this fragrance, and the dry down is a huge disappointment: A faint powdery, floral that doesn't contain the panache and originality of No. 5.

aber19
aber19

Why do they try to change such a masterpiece like CHANEL NO5 with this poor variation. I can smell jasmine, a passion fruit and then this acid, bitter lemon smell. Yes, it lasts for a while. But the smell is very substandard. The flowers do not smell natural. I was not impressed by this over priced fragrance. Perhaps, they were trying to target younger customers. Unfortunately, I think the class has gone, and the artifical smell has taken over.

Ninkin
Ninkin

What surprised me was that Chanel dared to alter such a monster, No 5. What surprised me even more was that they actually did a good job at it. It's not a stubborn scent that picks its wearer - I imagine it will work on anybody (who really like it, of course), suitable for any time of day, any event, etc. Sophisticated, intelligent, complex , but not overly-demanding perfume, a great modern version of a timeless classic.

jilligan
jilligan

I wanted to love this - I've always wanted to be able to wear Chanel No 5 to be classically chic but unfortunately it was always too intensly powdery sweet on me. Emraude by Coty was my vintage smell as a teenager. Well, I saw this and thought, "finally, I can be one with Chanel!". Nope, it just smells like strong soap with a hint of jasmine. The only chanel perfume that works with my skin is Chanel Allure so far.

varykino
varykino

Eau Première is so delicious, from first spray to last whiff! From the effervescent citrusy top notes through the fluffy, floral heart to the gentle, smooth vanilla of the base. It fades pretty fast to that lovable vanilla, which then wafts in and out for many hours in soft traces. No5 just doesn't work for me, as much as I'd love it to, but this one? It so does. That makes me happy! I wouldn't have minded a slower progression through the top and heart notes, but I've ordered the large 150 ml bottle and am prepared to re-spray early and often.

missliberty11
missliberty11

I would have loved to wear this perfume, but unfortunately on me, it smells even worse than the classic no. 5 of which I only like the body lotion. It is a beautifully crafted scent, but I find it not as perfect as Chanel no. 5. It's indeed like the younger sister who tries to find her own path but can't deny her family connection to the older, already adult sister. That being said, eau premiere is suited for anyone in their twenties, thirties or forties. The aldehyde tone comes out even strongly, so I get an almost moldy kind of scent. I gave my full bottle of eau premiere to a friend because of that, but recently tried a sample again and still get the same scent. I associate Chanel no. 5 with older ladies, but eau premiere is difficult to classify. Surely the person with the right skin chemistry can pull this off, but I don't think this is for everyone. I find it even a bit masculine. It is wearable in the office environment however if you apply sparely.

judyk
judyk

Why are only some of the notes in Eau Premiere shown in the Perfume Pyramid? The resulting Main Note votes are badly skewed because of these omissions.

The stronger citrus notes and lighter aldehydes are what mark this out as a very different take on No.5 EDT.

perfumebox
perfumebox

Ah... how glorious and accessible this scent is.

The sharp, soapy aldehydes, rich powdery florals, and slight animalic undercurrents of the original No 5 have been tamped down, and Eau Premiere moves from a luminous, vaguely-fruity opening into a very clean, fuzzy, suede-like vanilla that never becomes too sweet. The sillage is similar to No 5 EDT; present but not too big. (Just the way it should be.)

Eau Premiere is luxe and relaxed. It reminds me of lounging around laughing with friends in a posh powder-room, surrounded by the scent of expensive toiletries. While it won't have that chilly, goddess-like presence of its older sister, it's inviting, self-assured and takes itself far less seriously.

(I'm just not sure over-botoxed Kidman is the best spokesperson for this scent.)

geekgoddess
geekgoddess

This was just what I was hoping for from the original: a sunny aldehyde and citrus opening, a lightly sweet and powdery floral heart, and a lovely woodsy base that hits the right balance between sweet and dry. I can smell a very quiet vanilla in this that was absent from the original, but I don't smell any civet in it, thank god. This is either a modern fragrance with a respectful nod to the past, or a nice old fashioned fragrance tailored to fit the present time.

swtcandy
swtcandy

Lasting power is terrible; I couldn't smell it after an hour or so after using 3 sprays from a sample. But during that hour, I got occasional whiffs of the most amazing lemon vanilla cupcake! I kept respraying to make sure it was the Chanel instead of a vanilla perfume I wore earlier, and it was definitely the Chanel ;) After drydown, when I sniffed my wrist I didn't smell anything, just a warm spicy skin scent. But the occasional lemon/vanilla really creeped up on me (in a good way)!

ForrealMe2
ForrealMe2

this is a lighter form of Chanel #5. It opens up with the aldehydes but the big difference is this has the fresher bright citrus notes we are smelling in flowerbomb and all the other new fragrances of today..it is a pleasant smell if the original is not for you because of its strength..i do not believe this is a long lasting perfume because as i went through my day i did not catch that aroma smell that lingers for hours but if you are looking to own a chanel #5 and never did because the original is too much this might be what your looking for...i would say if you want something that is an in between or step higher than this i would go with Chanel chance because that is Chanel # 5 and Chanel Coco in one bottle and its semi-strong but would have longer lasting power and strength..i believe this is for the younger crowed and for those that absolutely want to own a #5 but are too sensitive to it..this is a very safe and enjoyable rendition of the classic.

milkyway

Gorgeous and fresh take on the classic. Opens with the familiar aldehydes but settles down to a balmier scent on my skin. Really like it- it's fresh on the one hand and 'alluring' on the other..

FBenoit1
FBenoit1

After testing, my conclusion is that my skin likes what it likes and not necessarily what my nose likes...lol On paper on don't like No 5 Eau Premiere but on my skin its love!!! Breathes wonderfully and glorious soft sillage that is "just" enough. Most likely will get a full bottle.

laantjebanaantje
laantjebanaantje

A few weeks back I decided to try Chanel N°5 eau de parfum and, although I loved it, I found myself a bit to young to wear it. Or maybe the perfume is too old. And I mean that literally, it has lived quite a long life and seems to overwhelm me with its long years.
But I loved the drydown, that creamy blend of spices en flowers and pure femininity, so I decided to give the younger incarnation of the classic: N°5 Eau Première.

It opens with a softer dose of aldehydes, a splash instead of a blast. But it wasn't the aldehydes that bothered me in N°5 EDP, so this lesser dose didn't make me particularly happy. But neither did it disappoint me. What did bother me was the stage between the opening of the EDP and its creamy drydown. A stage where the aldehydes and sparkly topnote flowers meet the civet and give a vague impression of an unwashed body, doused in perfume to cover the smell. The civet here, in N°5 Eau Première is considerably toned down or even alltogether absent and the aldehydic topnotes of the fragrance fade into a wonderful soft creamy floral scent, the scent of N°5 EDP's drydown.
And here it is that I miss the civet, which gave a wonderful depth to that drydown in N°5 EDP. In N°5 Eau Première this specific stage is more spicy and perhaps younger, but it misses the velvet, smooth depth of the EDP.
The actual drydown of N°5 Eau Première is quite spicy, with a soapy quality joining in now and then, making me quite curious about the Chanel N°5 soaps.
The soapy notes fade and are replaced by a spicy vanilla. On my skin it is quite sweet. Too sweet to suit this otherwise lovely perfume I think. It should have been a mellow sweetness, not the strong one I experienced.
Such a shame. Without that last vanilla stage it would be a complete love, but right now, I think I will explore some other Chanel fragrances before I pick one that suits me.

jufconnie
jufconnie

I love this perfume. I am no number-5-lover but this smell is awesome. Too bad on my skin it only last fifteen minutes and then completely disapears. Otherwise this could become my signature scent.

The Swedish girl

The citrus overload really kills this fragrance for me. Even in the drydown the sharp citrus is still very much intact.

Otherwise it could have been a surprisingly (for being a Chanel) lovely creamy/powder classic scent.

kristalbee
kristalbee

Without fail, every time I wear this someone says 'oh you smell gorgeous' and that's good enough for me - this is class in a bottle - the eau premiere totally appropriate for day wear -maybe lighter than the No 5 EDP but no less Delicious . Forget the aggressive aldehyde beginning - it soon dissipates to a voluptuous grown up floral -this is 'old money' in a bottle. The dry down lingers on the skin for hours soft and expensive.

chanchita
chanchita

I never used to get on with Chanel perfumes... then I turned 35 and suddenly 'I get' Chanel! I don't know if it's my age, sense of self or sense of smell that's making the difference?! In any case I now LOVE many Chanel's.

I got No5 Eau Premiere over a regular No5 after many testings in the shop. I prefer it's lighter and softer scent. The initial spray gives a big burst of aldehydes and neroli on a thick bed of ylang ylang. Once this dries down jasmine blooms and blooms and blooms, followed by sandalwood and a hint of vanilla. An adorable and very versatile frag. I mostly wear it on Saturday day-time but occassionally it comes with me to the office also.

AlexandraM19

I do not have the best relationship with Chanel fragrances. The only ones I have ever found truly pleasant are Chanel Eau Fraiche and Chanel No. 19 Poudre. As you can tell, I am fond of the lighter, fresher, greener scents.

I despise the original No. 5. To me it's musty and unflattering on any woman. This however is a lovely exception- with a catch. I do not own this fragrance, my mother does. It smells beautiful on her. On the right person, Eau Premiere can smell classy, sophisticated AND modern without offending people (me) with your old granny perfume.

If you're trying out Chanel for the first time and not sure exactly where to begin, Eau Premiere is a great place to start.

Celtrino
Celtrino

It doesn't matter if I like this or not...smells like someone peed on me. Sigh. As does all the No 5 range. Not fair.

fkollmeier
fkollmeier

urghhhhh! this juice is horrible. Sorry but the only thing i smell here is cheap vanilla with sandalwood and a very tuned down ylang ylang. the aldeydes typical for chanel are omnipresent too.

WILSHIRE
WILSHIRE

Finally, I got this.
I used eau the toilet.
But, this is lighter version,
specially, good for summer.
And, has vanilla base.
Also, I love bottle design.
So elegant.

Norgirl
Norgirl

Oh my word.. this was a big suprice to me this fragrance. I got a decant from a lovely friend and expected hm.. well not that much i did not care to much for the original nr 5 back in the days . but after testing this on skin ... Wow..
The first sniff i thought ohh. a bit harsh. this is aldehyde ahh dont like it.. but after just a few minuts it turns into a warm comfortable , but still bright and wonderfull powdery heaven.
i am a bit puzzled i was so shure there would be some Iris and or Heliotrop in this.
i can feal the aldehyds lift this fragrance to a sunny smile , like a walk in a sunny garden whit the fresh roses blooming thogeter whit orangeflowers and ylang ylang. this is so so beautiful and whit the warmth and sweetnes off Vanilla aswell i am hooked big time . This i must have very soon.
It is so chick and feminin . a very good choise for office . for a giggely personality or for the cool but sensuel lady that always looks straight out off the shower.. this is the way this perfume makes me think . So clean and pure. whit a little hint off senuality.
I Love this .

dawnzartandlife
dawnzartandlife

in a word...fabulous. I have always loved #5, and this version is a lighter lovely version. Addicted. You smell and it and instantly recognize the aldehyde and that is #5 but somehow different.

makeupadicta
makeupadicta

divinoooo

margien
margien

Lovely, lovely perfume. Chanel no. 5 is recognisable but it is a lighter, different version. I really adore it. But, a big but, the lasting power/longevity is not great, I have to reapply in already two hours. So sad, for an EdP concentration. Recently I also got Chanel no. 19 EdP as a present, that I used to have twenty years ago. A bit different than I remember, reformulated of course, but a wonderful fresh perfume. But: again: poor lasting power. I still have a bottle of Coco, EdT, that is fifteen years old (spray). A very strong oriental perfume but with an incredible lasting power. Very good quality. I tried EdT Coco in the shop two days ago and compared it to my fifteen years old bottle: they are comparable in lasting power/ longevity! Perhaps the type of perfume, oriental, is just stronger in base notes so naturally has better staying power than lighter smells like no.5 and no.19.

alanav09
alanav09

i bought this for my mother a few years back when it just arrived on the market. i just sprayed it in my room to see if i'm ready to make that big leap onto a No.5 frag... (i've used both Chance and Mad in the past). I must say it smells heavenly. I could see myself wearing this when Im 26, but while im still in college I think i'll stick to something a bit younger.

When i first spray it, there's a burst of citrus that quickly evaporates and i'm left with the softest powdery smell. its a very cozy, lovely scent that's a pleasure to be around.

if you're looking for a timeless classic without the old-ladyness often associated with Chanel No.5, look no further.

In the beginning of its opening it smells lemony freshness, but soon it starts to smell like the original Chanel N°5.

Actually, I prefer the original, but this fragrance is good.

Rasyima Ghazali
Rasyima Ghazali

it smeels like LUX soap but in a good way.

GreyMan
GreyMan

My review essentially agrees with snowbunny007. I have and love the regular No 5 EDP. It's a quiet comfort scent with a vintage feel. Based on that I had no reason to be very interested in Eau Premiere.
But reviews claiming that the new version is so "much more wearable than the original" still got my interest. I've found that my No 5 smells best in dry weather, something rare where I live. I hoped that Eau Premiere might overcome that without smelling any different. Wishful thinking as it turns out.

Today I'm comparing them directly. The verdict is that they're very different and that to me Eau Premiere is very inferior. It starts off smelling "definitely like Chanel" and vaguely like a brighter No 5. After it settles, it spends a while smelling like cross between No 5 and Chance. Lasting power is decent but also inferior to the original. As it fades it reminds of a sweeter CK One. Not so impressive.

It's very obviously a modern fragrance, something I'm not looking for in something called No 5. I'll stick with the original, using it rarely will only keep it special.
At the same time I have the utmost respect and admiration for this concept of parallel versions and wish other brands would employ it. It makes perfect sense keep the lovers of classics happy while trying to win over new buyers. Hopefully some of the new converts will move on to the classics. But how can that happen when most brands just replace the classics? Surely there's room for both!

amelie
amelie

Beautiful modern fragrance, but I prefer Chanel No.5, especially EdT; no compromise, clean and sensual, it really smells like a glacier, magnificent and rich, yet so simple in its femininity. I would like to have Eau Premiere but every time the echo of aldehydes is so strong that I feel like cheating the "original" Chanel No.5. It is amazing that younger generation accepted aldehydes, although they are considered old-fashioned.

QuiltFinger
QuiltFinger

Oh, la, la. Eau Premiere has rocked my world. When I first tried the original No. 5, I wanted to love the classic, but I just couldn't. Maybe it was okay for Marilyn Monroe, but it wasn't for me. I despised it from the beginning.

Fast forward a decade, and my husband gives me a miniature sample of what I thought was No. 5 but was really Eau Premier. As the packaging states, "As if it were the first time, a new interpretation with light and airy notes, reveals the soft and delicate facet of No. 5."

This re-imagined fragrance is sinfully sexy, exceptionally seductive and full of bold, beautiful florals. It smells wonderful and the sillage is very good even on my skin.

Yes, it's not the same as the original but that's why I like it. If you don't care for the original, this one might be for you.

snowbunny007
snowbunny007

I was disappointed in this fragrance. I tried it on a paperstrip from a magazine and liked it. But, when I tried a decant from the store, it wasn't as amazing.

I cannot help but compare it to Chanel #5. And, that is where my bad feelings begin. It pales in comparison. Eau Premiere is extremely light. It is not sexy, but it is clean. This fragrance would be good for a young, office temp who has been sent to work in a conservative environment. In other words, it somehow smells very "safe" and incapable of offending. It is quite accessible and tame.

This fragrance lasted about 1 hour on my skin. The sillage is minimal. It's a good beginner Chanel, for the perfume shy.

Chantal
Chantal

Chanel No. 5 Eau Première (EDP)

No. 5 is the same rich, lightly spicy, faintly vanilla-ed (verb ; to be vanilla? I do make these things up as I go…) floral it has always been, but simplified and dubbed “Eau Première”. The Eau Première is, in case anyone has been wondering, an EDP concentration. It says so on the bottom of the bottle, but Eau Première is a prettier term, and is printed primly on the front. Kinda neat. I guess the Eau première part basically means that the composition has been altered to reflect a new facet and that it is not to be confused with the classic No. 5 EDP. Makes sense. Anyways, on to the point!

No. 5 is a beast of a floral, so I’m always afraid to spritz directly from the bottle and end up spraying on a bit of tissue first so as not to have a giant river of No. 5 running down my arm. And, applied gently, it is beautiful! The Eau Première still has that nostalgic character of those golden years for floral scents, mixed with a light – very light – vanilla that does not highjack the show but that twirls playfully in the background. Vanilla adds a hint of warmth and just the smallest bit of sweetness to the floral accords. Nicely done. The floral notes are a little spicier in the opening than in the dry down, but even so, they seem to add definition to the florals which otherwise might appear too indistinct for such a classic, even if this is a new take on it.

Overall, it doesn’t feel as complex as the original, but it is very strongly hinting at the original – it is not a mere tip of the hat. This would be acceptable for spring, maybe for a summer evening but probably more for spring or fall. It’s a little less conspicuous than the original. So, if you are afraid of the original (very strong, something you might long to wear but are worried about it overwhelming you in certain months) than this may be a really great alternative, because it resembles the original so much.

This is quite classy, a little vintage smelling as far as florals go (I use the word vintage quite liberally here, I know) and can be pulled off by people in their twenties to people in the senior years. Classy femininity knows no age, so don’t be shy, give it a try!

Happy smelling everyone!

jesseyanne
jesseyanne

I just wore this perfume for the first time. I am a grown up now.

gmstrack
gmstrack

This fragrance, like its creator, is deep and full of contradictions. From a descriptive point of view, it is nicely balanced with 3 dimensional floral architectures that evolve over time. Overall, it is well crafted and more approachable than the original. However, even with this softer, toned-down version, I could never wear it: the aldehydes are like “an ice pick between my eyes”. Furthermore, the dry down, although complex, has overbearing nuances of cheap power on me.

Jacster
Jacster

I usually dislike reformulations, but this is wonderful! There's a bit of a family story to tell here, so bear with me - I think your time will be well-spent.

My mother wore Chanel No 5 parfum in the 1960s, and I still remember how it smelled on her. I also still have one of her original bottles - 30 ml of pure parfum!! She had stashed it away and forgot about it, having bought several bottle duty-free in the mid-1960s. She found it again about 30 years later, still sealed in its cellophane. We opened it (yes, I know - such sacrilege, but life is for living, not for saving). The gorgeous glass stopper was well and truly stuck and it seemed that the level had reduced somewhat. My husband finally prised it open and - wonder of wonders! - its fragrance was perfect! (So, keeping our precious fragrances stored in dark places is definitely the way to go.)

My dear mother passed away in 2004, at the age of 84. I put her half-used bottle of Number 5 in her favourite handbag, along with her handkerchief, some of her many pairs of earrings and her glasses.

When I turned 50 in 2005 my son gave me a big bottle of No. 5 eau de parfum. The thought was lovely, but .... I didn't like the fragrance much. To me it just wasn't the fragrance I'd remembered. Was it the spray that altered the fragrance? Was it my aged olfactories? Was it because this was the edp and not the parfum? Or was it in fact a different scent?

Some years later I was at the Chanel counter, checking out the latest Christmas release miniatures, and saw the Eau Premiere display. Spray, spray, spray. Sigh, sigh, sigh. This was it! This was the fragrance I'd remembered for so many decades. Dellighted, I ditched the miniatures and indulged myself in the BIG bottle of Eau Premiere.

That was three bottles ago.

It continues to please.

To me, the name Eau Premiere sums up just what it is -the way Chanel No. 5 first smelled.

sunlover
sunlover

This is beautiful. My mom had a small Chanel No. 5 EDP bottle in the 90's, when I was a kid, and when she tried it ony recently at the department store, she had me smell her arm. It smelled great on her, just as I remembered, but as others have said, the original No. 5 is much too strong for me.

Eau Premiere is exactly what I have always wished No.5 would be on my own skin. It's very special to me, and I try to save it for special occasions. I am so happy I have found something else that feels like my own skin, but better. I don't like overly sweet fragrances, and this is subtle, like a cloud around you.

I agree with many who have said that this is closer to what the core essence of the original No. 5 used to be. All I need is a very small spritz, and I'm set.

mediterranean
mediterranean

The same elegance adapted to younger generations. Proud to share this with my daughter thinking one day she will become the woman I want her to be.

So many thoughts ,so many hopes! Funny how smells feed your expectations. Thanks Sra. Chanel!

claudia26
claudia26

I absolulely love the drydown, I find it soft and elegant, feminine and comforting.
Unfortunately, I cannot get past the first few minutes of aldehydes, that I find too agressive.

taboo2287

2 days ago i was invited to a dinner with a couple of friends, i was wearing EP and the girl who sat next to me said: your perfume is so soft and calming :) the next morning i had a workout session with my trainer, before i leave the house i was still smelling some notes from EP so i decided to add an extra spray before i head to my workout, the whole time i was surrounded with a cloud of heavenly soft aroma of EP <3 <3 <3 soft and elegant with a hint of sexiness ;)

elisabethgenest
elisabethgenest

ultimate spring fragrance!!!!! love it ;)

taboo2287

just tried this chic fragrance today, wow what a beautiful recreation of No 5 this one is lighter more modern and above all long lasting, the dry-down is sooooo romantic and chic, it's the kind of fragrance that makes a guy wanna get closer to you sniff you closely ;) definitely my next purchase

ayman.elbugairat1
ayman.elbugairat1

Chanel N.5 is Simply beautiful and lasting all over the place.I Luv it.

ivan.vusurovic
ivan.vusurovic

i m mising the big load of aldehydes.expected much more-first i tought wtf-its like no5 split in two,where is the mising part.but after few days i started likng it.but i like to have all body products matching with my chanel perfumes,and if i use normal no5 shower gel and creme with it its not premiere anymore-but i like it more used with no5 body products.i think coco madmoiselle is much beter variety of coco than eau premiere of no5...

LadyRogue
LadyRogue

The original Chanel №5 was the first classic perfume my mother bought me. A rite of passage, a 'grown' perfume for a 17 year old bookish girl that was deemed mature enough by her mother to wear a classic. I have always loved that scent. Timeless, chic and unmistakably classy.
Eau Premiere Chanel strikes me as a lighter, cheerier version. Probably more suited for me way back when, but way back when there were only a few Chanels to choose from, and my mother wanted to give me something that I had always admired on her and that would amaze & enchant me. It did! I had it on a prime spot on my vanity and only wore it for very formal occasions, feeling very lady like : )

I adore a few 'newer' Chanels. But the original is just the one you can't get around. Its legend is too big and too seductive.
Today it's still a loved one: A little black dress, a string of pearls, high heels, red lipstick and Chanel №5. Let the evening begin.

I too must watch the "Coco Avant Chanel" film (again) this time whilst wearing my favorite Chanel. It seems like an experience a Chanel fan would enjoy greatly : )

guest_Vie Cafe
guest_Vie Cafe

The perfume that keeps on giving! and perfect for a girl that gets easily bored and distracted... like me.

All day... I sniff my wrist I get in your face ALDEHYDES, then it has already moved to delicious clean florals, I smell my wrist again I get warm musky vanilla, smell again, a nice fresh and green neroli scent, smell again.... expensive soap in a 1920's Parisian appartment marble bathroom.

Ahhhh....Eau premiere, comme je t'aime!!

P.S. spray Chanel no5 or Eau Premiere and watch the film Coco before Chanel with audrey Tautou. I just did and was smelling my wrist non-stop for almost 2 hours. I swear this fragrance has a soul and it was following the film's mood!! At first, this old time aldehyde vibe back when Madame Chanel was a singer in a cabaret in the late 1890's, etc.

Can't wait to be worthy of the No5 PERFUME... in ten years maybe.

feleeni
feleeni

The wearable Chanel. I have a love/hate relationship with Chanel Nr. 5, in fact, with most of my Chanel collection. I feel that while I enjoy them, the surrounding doesn't always match their intensity. It's like watching a picture with a completely different soundtrack. The Eau Premiere appeared to me the smart choice to find a balance. After getting sick of the "you smell like my mom/grandmother/aunt" remarks (my new filter for men: if they don't understand no. 5, on to the next one! I swear that the man that tells me "you smell so beautiful" when I wear no. 5 will be THE ONE, the one that has not fallen for the vanilla trap but is a free thinker with a developed sense for taste and luxury! But I digress), I thought that maybe I should give the 'innovation' a shot. Eau Premiere has a citrusy twist to it, it dries down in a more civilized manner and really has a fresh burst. Puritans always freak out when they mess with a classic, but I have to say that good ole no. 5 needed it, and the Eau Premier is a worthy update.

aschiffm
aschiffm

Ahh it's a shame I hate the opening of this perfume- it screams "PERFUME! CITRUS! ALDEHYDES!!!". It smelled like I just took a Sterile shower in alcohol.

Lucky for me I decided to stick with it to see where it would go, after the longgg opening, 3 full hours later I started getting these beautiful wafts of soft powder and jasmine with slight woods. Elegant and lovely, wait this one out! For my tastes though, I'm still undecided if I would have the patience,

it's good for everyday clean smell and office use as others have pointed out.

Chanel Man
Chanel Man

Chanel No 5 Eau Premiere is a very beautiful fragrance. This is an ideal companion to Chanel No 5 with its lighter powdery scent.

MrsTefee
MrsTefee

I absolutely love this fragrance. This is my "main" perfume. This perfume I wear the most and almost daily! My husband bought me the 2.5oz bottle for valentines day a year ago and I still have half of the bottle left with almost daily wear (and then some!).

It is you could say the young and fresher version of n5. To me the notes are very similar but ep is like the...grandaughter of n5!

This is a very close to the skin scent. I will spray it on my neck..my wrists and lightly in my hair and it will last all day and linger on my skin. I dont think this could EVER be overpowering even if you tried...yet it still lasts all day long!

I love n.5!!!

akats
akats

It's a lovely, fresher version of classic n5. It doesn't remind me of n.5 very much, yet, it has the same quality. Tender and romantic for younger women. Although it starts strong, and you think that it will be overwhelming, after 30 minutes it has calmed down and become a close to skin smell. It seems that it will be faded completely after one or two hours, butd it is still there...For Spring and Summer is perfect.

tresj

Yes it's low sillage, but NOT at all short-lived! I used to think it was short, too, but continual wear made me realize the subtle difference: it's very long, just gets very quiet. Even so, after the bright opening wears off, past a long day of its being respectful and elegant at work, when it's become such a skin scent that you forget it was ever there--then you wash your hands, or take a shower, or even do the dishes, and suddenly, a powdery citrus-jasmine vanilla rises up, overcomes the smell of dish soap/body wash, and sweeps you off to perfume heaven. Sometimes I've woken up in the morning and washed my face, only to have this come wafting off my wrist as the hot water hits it--a memory from 23 hours ago.

Someone mentioned below that this smelled like a fragile, "corseted" young girl to them, instead of strong. I'd beg to differ. I do like those other "strong woman" scents mentioned very much, and it's true Eau Premiere is different: it lacks the sexy note, the musky ambery spices. But if you ask me, the abstractedness crystalline take of Eau Premiere is, if anything, "stronger" than the sex play that those scents feel obliged to make.

petals702
petals702

i'm used to spritzing perfume all over my body to make sure it lasts all day or all night.i did the same on this perfume and it gave me a headache.its intoxicating if u put too much.lesson learned,its an elegant luxurious glamorous scent.just spray 2-3 on your body/skin it smells amazing and creamy and floral.perfect for special occassions and date nights.lovve this.and yes i smelled the original chanel no.5 and that was so grandma-ish for me.this is modern and fits my taste

romrom
romrom

Chanel №5 is classic, Eau Premiere is modern, fresh and "younger". I love the classic number 5 but i do think that Eau Premiere is made of the girl that really wants to wear number 5 but cant because it's too strong for her .

omixochitl
omixochitl

This is heavenly! Everything I love about the original no. 5 but better: smoother aldehydes, soft neroli, roses and ylang-ylang, dreamy powder plus a touch of refreshing sharp citrus. This is my definition of beauty.

Average sillage and longevity, for a Chanel, it could be better.

lavendarblue61
lavendarblue61

I used to wear Chanel No. 5 EDP in the late 70's -early 80's exclusively for about 5 yrs. About 5 yrs. ago I received a bottle of pure perfume and didn't like at all - which surprised me. I thought it was too powdery and heavy. When Chanel No. 5 Eau Premiere came out, to me, it smelled just like the orginal No. 5 from what I remembered - very nice.

Dinkum
Dinkum

Very likeable, but don´t love it.

Found that I don´t reach for Eau Premiere nearly as often as I thought I would, when I bought it. I will use up my bottle as a day time/job perfume, but probably not purchase another one.

darrshanjvoraa
darrshanjvoraa

elegant , very nice soft .

twiggyw
twiggyw

I loved it at the first sniff! I got a sample from Vogue Magazine and when I tried it at Macy's (on paper) it was the same scent. Then I tried on my skin and I got the same and even better scent. It smells classic and modern at the same time. Reminds me of Chanel No 5 Pure Parfum but on a lighter, fresher and modern version. I think they really did what they say, that's a softer and fresher interpretation of Chanel No5, I mean they really got it done! Well, I love it. I got it for Christmas from my husband and it's just lovely. It lasts long time on me. I put just a little bit yesterday around 3PM, took my night shower around 9:30pm, went to bed and in the morning was still there (a little bit, very very soft but still there with me). I think it's just amazing. But I also think it's addicting because I can't stop smelling my wrists when I'm wearing it. ;)

bibilia
bibilia

I love the classic Chanel no. 5, but only use it for night time, coz I think its just too much for day time. Finally, I found the best way to wear Chanel no 5, anytime I want, Eau Premiere!

KYLLIKKI
KYLLIKKI

Simply Elegant and Lovely. Perfect for daily use even a banker like me <3.

paulared
paulared

I love chanel n5, so any variation is for me a sacrilége. However, I gave it a try and it was dissapointingly not surprising... The same change they made from Cristalle to Cristalle Eau Verte, by adding some citric-bergamot-sparkling top note, has happened here. Something citric on the top and n5 for the rest. Clearly a try to make both fragrances more attractive to the younger generation that does not want to smell exactly like grandma but still enjoys a good base and sillage. I wouldn´t buy it, get the real deal again, get the real deal!

stephan
stephan

I'm a man but I would wear it. Smells like Alyssa Ashley, but of better quality. It's perfect on clothes! So clean, it reminds me my mother!

Kharnak
Kharnak

Quite Nice. So, i had a chance to sample this. It's EXACTLY the same as the original Chanel No.5, but a more modern fresher interpretation. Unlike most reformulations, this is holds true to the same Complex Bouquet of Neroli and Ylang-Ylang. It's still the same Bright Fresh LOUD Aldehydic Flower Bomb as the original. Good for ALL seasons and all ages. classy chicks at college used to wear Original No.5 still. It's "delicate", Feminine, yet Mature at the same time. The Aldehydes give it that typical chemical "perfumy" tinge. Even after my disappointment with Bleu, Jacques Polge still has it. Chanel is still relevant.
Guys like me who appreciate classic and vintage fragrances notice this.
However, the ONE thing missing, the original intent of the perfume that "smells like a woman"... the ONE difference that makes me like, but not love this new Eau Premiere
......it's missing the Civet

beatrix75

the best chanel ever together with the allure sensuel ,they are the best

nush imogen
nush imogen

Citrusy, floral, quite fresh. I personally don't like it very much, but I might give it a try again in some years (Im 26 now).

Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt
Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt

I like the many others tried to like no tried to LOVE it, and i cant even like it :(

Was hoping so much I could like the newest interpretation on me, but alas it was not to be

mylancome
mylancome

An ideal young woman no 5 if the original no 5 is too much or old style for you or people around you. Suitable for office use. Young and elegant perfume.

Mochahantas
Mochahantas

I'll admit...

I am one of those girlies who wanted to love the Original N5 because of it's notoriety and popularity. My beautiful twin wears the original and she LOVES it. But I could not get into it. I chopped it up as a loss and moved on.

Then she told me about this. She explained it as, "A N5 scent for women like you--works hard, successful, fun, glamorous, with a mean wardrobe. Like a Sex-And-The-City chick!" I couldn't turn that down so I tried it...

Upon first blast I get the aldehydes, adult citrus, and the ylang-ylang and neroli. But wait, I LIKE IT. Not something I love, but I like it. That N5 scent is there, but it's toned down and it *gasps* smells great.

Be more patient, there's more...

The aldehydes and soft florals then simmer down. They're there, but they turn into clean linen-type scent. Finally, about 30 minutes later it dries down to it's final scent on my skin: EXTREMELY soft aldehydes, a minor amounts of woods, and a vanilla that would people who despise vanillas love it.

It's like Chanel N5's 28 year old sister, who's stepped on the scene full of the knowledge and game that her older sis has taught her. The quality of Original N5 is there, however it's softened down and they've added some vanilla. It also takes a MUCH shorter time to get to this scent, then the Original N5 which takes hours to tone down to something I can tolerate.

Sillage: Isn't huge on this, but in a way, I don't think it's supposed to be. This scent is a woman who don't have to show it all to let you know she's got it. You can see her beautiful legs through her pencil skirt, she doesn't have to wear booty shorts to give you the picture. People will smell it when you hug them or if they sit too close ;)

Lasting Power: Is pretty good. I get a solid 5-7 hours. On clothes, you can get up to 10.

I love this scent so much I purchased to 5 oz bottle and have plans to purchase the 1 oz, so I can have something to travel with. If you have not tried it, go ahead and do so. It's very deserving. It even has me wanting to give the Original N5 another shot!

beatrix75

o jah and you Habanita you are the most negativ person who ever wrote in this side ,terrible you are

after the Jadore this is the best ever for me!!10/10

zabica
zabica

Chanel doesn't stop to disappoint me! Tried it the other day, at first, it's quite similar to Dior's Addict, but more on the harsh side. Quite heavy. When this vanilla-aldehyde note passes, there comes the floral part, and the dry down on me is just pure vanilla. I didn't like neither the composition, nor the longevity. It lasted around 3 hours on my skin. Not a recommendation if you ask me ..

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

I find the opening far too sharp with aldehydes, but once this settles it really is a delicate and more modern version of No.5. Somewhat soapy, with soft jasmine, creamy ylang ylang and a restrained vetiver. Very feminine, still with that classic Chanel feel. Though I think that if you don't like No.5, you won't be sold on this, as they are still too similar.

moonwalker
moonwalker

I will start by saying that Chanel and I aren’t good friends. I just simply don’t get their perfumes. However, this perfume swept me off my feet right after the first spritz. I couldn’t stop sniffing my wrist. At the beginning, I get really strong lemon note which however, after 20 minutes settles but is present till the end. Furthermore, I can detect vetiver, vanilla and something strange which I guess must be the aldehydes (I should also probably state that this is my first serious encounter with the aldehydes).
As a lot of people have already said here this is an absolutely magnifique take on the timeless beauty which Chanel No. 5 is (even though I still don’t quite get ut). Moreover, EP is strange combination of bitter and sweet, sparkling and a little bit heady, ego-boosting and a little bit melancholic. I guess it depends on your actual mood which side of the perfume you will take at the moment. However, every time I wear it to work, I feel like I can manage all tasks (ego boost :)). And it is also the perfume for which I reach when I just lay on my bed and listen to classical music.

TillyWave
TillyWave

I think everything has alrady been said about No 5 EP but I'll put in my two cents.

This opens with a floaty lemon, more akin to a splash than a burst, because it hangs around for a bit, and is soft and sweet. There is a bit of powder in the heart, along with rose. The drydown is a dimmed version of the heart.

I am not describing this very well but the whole composition is fairly linear, to my nose. It has a feeling of clarity despite the powder present, and the sweetness.

I really love this and I wear it all the time. It lasts fairly long, most of the day, but with the exception of the top notes, it has only slight sillage.

This goes great layered after the No 5 Bath Soap, which is more floral.

buffy_fan16
buffy_fan16

I wanted to try something a little more "classy" as I felt too grown up for my teenage favourites, but the original No. 5 was waaaaay too strong for both me and my boyfriend's and all my friend's liking lol. But this new version is so much lighter and it makes me feel like a woman, without making me feel like an old lady. Plus my guy can never resist me when I wear it ;)

Casi
Casi

Nearly two years ago, I had sworn off No.5, based on several factors. I had one too many unfortunate encounters with women that over-applied. Additionally, I feel that my nose wasn't quite mature enough...my tastes weren't yet refined. Around the age of 30, all of that changed. After falling in love with my #1, (Coco edp) and sort of training my nose to see the beauty in a few of Chanel's offerings, I decided it was time to try No.5 on my skin. I obtained samples of Eau Premiere and at the moment of spray, it was nothing short of pure bliss! A cool, sparkling smooth, gentle floral with touches of lemon tart, warmed by a the most creamy-soft vanilla. A perfectly-composed, long-lasting perfume that can be worn anytime, any place. For such a "wearable" number, Eau Premiere is never boring and for me, it always hits the spot. Later, I obtained a sample of No.5 Edp and while I don't love it like I love EP, I do admire and enjoy wearing it. Eau Premiere is all bubbly, clear and creamy. No.5 Edp is regal and dense and feels more "serious." But both have that alluring, gorgeous base that just goes and goes for hours! During that long drydown, I find that both turn into a bit of a "skin scent" for me. Especially with Eau Premiere. No other fragrance makes me feel this comfortably feminine.

As for my very favorite way to wear No.5 thus far it is Eau Premiere layered over the No.5 Body Lotion, (or even better- the body cream!) The lotion is very soapy and floral, sans the vanilla and sandalwood. I like that because the EP really gels beautifully with the lotion. If I could, I would own the entire line of bath & body products for both No.5 and Coco!

beatrix75

its a very nice v ersion off chanel 5 but lighter and easy and sweet perfect for any casion!!remarcable!!!!!i love so much and on me its candy candy candy absolut my preferat of aldehides

andronicos
andronicos

It's a very nice perfume but I prefer the Eau de Toilette and the Eau de Parfum.

To muskymale:

Dont get me wrong , is just that to me , brings memories of mature women... anyway , i like to wear femenines too.... Shalimar is my favorite....

querelle
querelle

Guys, pls get over that masculine and feminine, gay or straight stuff about scents.. If you like it go for it, why should a label limit you in any sense? It's just marketing, simply ignore it. It's all in the mind..

To Pabloso:

I am a gay man too, but that does not stop me wearing this perfume. Yes, I am feminine, camp, and not straight looking, and being a Mighty camp queen that I am, I don't care what people think about which perfumes I like or don't like.

Being daring is what turns me on the most! :-) And smell has no gender!

pablOSO

Beatiful scent...BUT how can anyone think that this one can be masculine , let alone , use it ... i am a gay man and even I felt self conscious about using this one...is too femmenine...even i can see that... please leave this one to the ladies ...

muskymale

Smelling this perfume is like: "Falling in love again for the very first time...(with Chanel No. 5)."

It is a more transparent Chanel No 5. Simply beautiful!

cocobella
cocobella

i want to love it so much... it was a gift from my boyfriend. and i like it, unfortunately it gives me headache. my boyfriend always asks why i am wearing it so rarely and i am soo sorry that i can't wear it as often as i would like. nevertheless it is a nice perfume and i understand why so many people love it, as i also wanted to...

KasiaS
KasiaS

Glorious scent. Just splendid. A citrus-ornated Chanel n.5 in the beginning, with a fresh and modern soapiness, goes more and more creamy in time, hanging towards beatiful, powdery ylang-ylang and vanilla base that recalls strongly Shalimar, in a lighter version. I smell aldehydes all the way down, but they are really friendly, giving you a classy, mademoiselle aura.
In the winter it might possibly be too fresh or too light, but now, in the warmer days, it's just perfect.
In the first arm-and-hand tests I somehow thought the lasting power and sillage were surprisingly weak, but after some global testing I'm very satified.
But even if I had to reaply every 5 minutes, repurchase every month and pay a fortune in the end, I don't mind, this smell is worth it!
Perfection in a bottle.

Asmaa youssef
Asmaa youssef

it is nice but strange ,when i smell it i remember a men's cologne , nice but not in feminine type

tresj

Fans of herbal (vs. fruity) citrus, take note--it's not a listed note, but the rose, aldehyde, neroli, and sandalwood that make up what one reviewer here very aptly called the "abstract citrus" pass through a beautiful stage that smells like nothing so much as sweet clear bergamot, dressed up and amplified in the most exquisite and indescribable way. Fizzy, yes--like the clearest champagne completely stripped of any tang of alcohol.

That stage goes, eventually, which would be devastating if the next weren't so lovely. Cream flowers--not white (no iris, no gardenia, no freesia), but soft neroli, jasmine, fragrant camellia if you squint, a little orange and linden blossom if you pay attention right before it hits the drydown. As the powder (and a little creamy honey) plays up, you could probably read in some hints of very well-behaved magnolia (a la L'Instant de Guerlain) if you wanted. Depending on how close you get to the scent source, the neroli/aldehyde/rose comes back in a big way every once in a while at this stage, either as bergamot or singly, with definition.

Then the drydown--! All that light sweet cream and slightly dusty powder, little hits of rose and bergamot still flaring up! And yet the rest of the time (and increasingly as this perfume drifts off to sleep), it's so comforting it could be soy. If you like this part, layer Eau Premiere over some classic Nivea cream--gets you to the drydown scent phase faster and makes it last longer (and extends the whole perfume, too). What a journey.

Try it with other perfumes, good oils--this layers like a dream. If you like camellia (and, like me, are adamant that even the supposed scentless varieties do have a very light, subtle, herbal-floral fragrance) and sweet almond, try it over Nuxe, too. ...Eau Premiere rewards bravery and experimentation. It's a classic but also an adventure, and not so sacred, as No. 5 is, that it can't play.

Grottola
Grottola

Chanel No. 5 for the young'ns.

The good:

No. 5 Eau Première takes the No. 5 structure we all know and love and gives it a fresh, youthful face with a "fizzy" quality like ginger ale, to my nose. I suspect the aldehydes cause that effect, and it's wonderful. For those of you that want to like No. 5 but for some reason find it too "old" or tough to like (god forbid), here's your answer. No. 5 Eau Première has good staying power and projects well. Eau Première also works as a great masculine.

The bad:

I smell a strange "dusty" powdery note in there that lasts for the duration of the top notes and most of the middle, but it's not too bothersome.

The ugly:

I don't find there to be anything ugly about No. 5 Eau Première.

Bottom line:

Try it, especially if you're having a hard time with the original No. 5. Guys should definitely try this one as well.

TiaTia
TiaTia

I'm wearing this today and it is so beautiful!
I love this so much! can be worn at ANY occasion.
I'm so fascinated by this!
always thought, i would never ever wear chanel n°5 cause my aunt wears it and I couldn't stand it but perhaps this is because of her (I definitely should try the original one again soon) but i LOVE this chanel n°5 eau premiere!

N_STITCHES
N_STITCHES

Chanel No. 5 Eau Premiere is beautiful layered with Chanel No. 5 Velvet Body Cream. I get stopped and am told I smell lovely with this combo.

Coco Chanel asked for a parfum that smelled like a woman. She accomplished that with No. 5 whether it's the pure parfum, EDP, EDT, or EP. There is a definite lemony freshness to EP and it is lovely for day time or summer any-time-of-day wear. On me, it sits very close to the skin and just smells like me. Yes, it does have a soft, powdery drydown and I love it.

I just remember it to be very citrusy. And to me it didn't have much in common with the original. There are so many more inexensive ways to get a citrusy scent like this. Not my type of scent (too much of a cleaning detergent smell).

kikiki
kikiki

I love this.

jenean1215
jenean1215

I really like this fragrance because it's perfect for day or evening wear and is subtle but enduring.

smellsogood
smellsogood

I was a little wary of trying Eau Premiere, as I love the original No 5 and firmly believe in the adage "If it ain't broke don't fix it". In this case though, I admit Chanel have created an absolute delight. Eau Premiere is softer, warmer and kinder than the original and I am falling more in love with this every time I wear it. It also lingers on my skin all day. The feel of No 5 is still there, but with Eau Premiere her smile finally reaches her eyes.

Jazzy76
Jazzy76

Pure, chic, so feminine....I'd like to have this fragrance in my wardrobe . Is there anyone interested to an exchange with one or more perfumes i have ? Thanks.(J. from Italy)

sofiii
sofiii

Chanel No 5 Eau Premiere is a perfect modern day interpretation of the original Chanel No 5, Eau Premiere is much brighter and lighter, with a sweeter and citrusy bergamont beginning, instead of the more tart bergamont in the No 5 Parfum, somehow it makes me think of some kind of household cleaning product, but with royal blood and a lot of elegance.

Later on, it hits a aldhyde-soapy scent stage, with a bit ylang and sweet muted orange-y smell dance around, which emits a clear-cut, kinda business woman feel in it. Not entirely sure why Nichole Kidman is the face for Eau Premiere, until one day, I find the resemblance of Nichole’s cold, posh, English kinda princess attitude/personality somewhat matches the new No.5 perfectly. Build upon the original No.5, Eau Premiere has some kind of heritage, as if it’s a royal member in the perfume world, and somehow it just has to show it these days, to distinguish itself from other normal blood perfumes (even though some of them might smell more royal than the royals). I know I might sound a bit mean, but by no means I ever intended to be negative or harsh on this scent, in fact I like it a lot. However, personally I find it’s a scent you can wear, and the combo of you and the scent might be a powerhouse, but you just don’t feel it will ever really be yours. Like a sly and gorgeous cat who’s just not gonna be tamed, but be adored by many -- Chanel No 5 Eau Premiere wanders around and be chased, loved, cuddled at one moment, but the next, and most of the time, it just stands by itself, enjoying the solitude of being a shining perfume, on display, usually in one of the best positions in a shop.

tresj

The perfect scarf and the perfect armor: No matter how demanding the day, how good or awful, Eau Premiere gets you through it with grace and poise. The essence of a lady--younger than No. 5 and more charming, but wise for her years and strong despite her femininity. To belong to this scent is the highest compliment a young woman can be paid.

I've done quite an about-face since first receiving the sample vial. I got it months ago and thought I hated it, but now it's almost gone, I have a full-size in the mail, and I could not be happier at my own persistence. For anyone who thinks they can't stand aldehydes and powder, please, give this a chance--or many. You'll grow for the leap of faith.

ArtELLE
ArtELLE

Got this perfume few days ago and I am completely in love with it. Stylish, light and fresh smell. Lovely for spring, day time.

pinki
pinki

I had a bottle of this but gave it to a friend as I just didn't like the dry down on my skin. It had a kind of 'soapy' note which I didn't like. I prefer the original EDP.

On my friend it smells gorgeous! Fresh, clean, smooth, slightly reminiscent of the original White Musk dry down from the Body Shop :o)

It is quite strong though and should be used with a light hand. It is a classic in its own right, just not for me!

tresj

This is my second wearing of Eau Premiere, and it's growing a little on me. But it's still so powdery, and the aldehyde opening really took me aback (it always does).

I like to think that I have a considered--if not old-school sophisticated--taste in perfumes (quite sensitive nose and a good olfactory memory)... I've always felt like a failure for never managing to -enjoy- Chanel No. 5, though I could pick out everything everyone else said about it... I tried Eau Premiere and found it nicer, but it's still got that No. 5 undercurrent that I just--for all my best efforts--don't like.

Too much jasmine baby powder, maybe. I'll use my sample up and see if it keeps getting better.

mjb28
mjb28

This is fresh and sparkling as the first time I smelled it. I find it playful and, in a strange subtle way, inviting and sexy. It has an outstanding sillage and wears very beautifully on the skin. It is much easier to love and more obviously modern with an interesting proposition on its own. It can be worn as a special everyday fragrance. Lighter than the original Chanel No.5 but the essence is the same. Elegant and well done! I've always appreciated the original, but this one always overwhelmed me.

Lady Love
Lady Love

Chanel Eau Premiere I hate you..

You made me notice that the original Chanel N5 smell old, and I never realized that after the day I meet you..

I'm starting to think that after all these years I was so in love that I was blind ..

Jacques Polge is this the end of my marriage?
...Maybe Yes! but I Still Likes Chanel N5.

Chanel Eau Premiere.. is lovely, Young, womanly and unique.. with that romantic touch which I feel in L'Heure Bleue, due to the presence of Neroli. I defintely get the lemon part, but for me is all about Neroli/Ylang-ylang and vetiver. It's absolutly devine and classy and rich smelling.

The lasting power is very good!

I smelled Eau Premiere again in my Chanel n.5 new passion. The more I smell it the more I get used and feel confortable with it.
To my nose it still smells definetely lemon/vanilla, a well-being clean scent that could be worn everyday in the morning before going out and without killing others! It's subtle, captivating, sligthly milky, almost a lemony skin scent for me. I'm not surprised to read that it bring compliments!
As per the question "does it smell similar to original n.5?" I cannot really answer. I could say yes, definetely a version of it, then 5 minutes later I would say it's totally another scent!
There is something inherently feminine in all types of Chanel n.5, but I don't know exactly what. They smell of woman, maybe a mother, yet they're all different.
Eau Premiere recalled me rounder EdP more than EdT.
Then I smelled them both on different arms and I couldn't tell where I got this similarity.
Classical n.5 is tripude of jasmine loaded with indoles, while Eau Premiere is a soft jasmine put between lemon and vanilla with little powdery notes.
I see no lemon is listed. Well, it's a mystery and one nice to wear!

I adore Chanel No5, and Eau Premier smells nearly identical yet somehow lighter and simpler. Eau Premier makes No5 suitable for casual daily wear, whereas No5 is more of an evening or special occasion fragrance. Eau Premier dries down into a soft, powdery, woodsy, floral.

When I first smelled No5, it was so sexy. I couldn't believe women would be risque enough to wear it under their corsets and pantaloons in the 1920's! It's like the equivalent of doing the lambada or something. Eau Premier smells much more innocent. No one's going to be doing any sexy dancing while wearing this! It's benign enough for a college girl to wear while studying in the library.

annietran
annietran

Just received the 150ml bottle from Strawberry for $135.02 (since I've got 14% off for loyalty), I guess that pretty good!!!
Initial smell, to me, no difference from one of those Goat's milk shower cream that my family are using. Maybe it's just my noise but definitely is that smell.
I'm under 20 so I dont think it's suitable for someone in my age group, very classic and distinguished.
I like to wear something that people would be curious about, not something that can be pointed out.

betty15november71
betty15november71

My boyfriend gave me a bottle of this for my birthday and I wasn't sure if it'd smell very nice on me as the normal Chanel no5 didn't suit me at all when I tried it a few years ago-I was pleasantly surprised though with this alternative formula, so light and summery-I'd like a large bottle of this-if I could, I'd bathe in it!

I can't stand the original Chanel No.5 but Eau Premiere is actually wearable. I get a bit of citrus-like feel at the top before it dries down to a soft powdery floral. It's very feminine, very exclusive, and very elegant. It's a modern take of the old classic while maintaining its old soul. Every woman should try it. It's Chanel, Ladies!

greek_goddes
greek_goddes

Fresh, young, timeless, soft and clean are some of the words that can describe this beautiful creation.
Soapy, powder, chamomile and rose are the notes that i can catch.
If you can't stand No5 this one is appropriate for you.
Light and citrus, is fine for day and hot wether.
Wearable by younger ages.
I just cannot understand why they have created only this big bottle. 150 ml are too much and too pricy even for Chanel.

guest_Ella
guest_Ella

Definitely a timeless, elegent, soft scent. It captures the ethos of everything chanel. The best off all the chanel perfumes I think. Classic, classic, classic. Its is young and chic but in saying that it is for all women of any age. clean and crisp also like you have just got out of the bath.

When I wear this perfume with an elegant dress I feel wonderful. It is feminine and romantic. I adore this and I have finally found my signature scent.

It is for the ultra chic, feminine and for the true girly, girly who has her own innate style and grace with an edge.

The sandlewood and deeper woody tones give a lovely deep scent with a feeling of dusk which gives it a captivating seductive air. I ADORE x x x

Aren
Aren

Where to begin to write about this gorgeous scent?
It is sparkly, modern AND classic at the same time! It can fall under so many categories Im shocked to find a perfume that can be worn on so many different occasions. Wear it around the house or out on the opera if you wish!
I can also see myself wearing it all the year round (maybe not hot summer days, but definitly summer nights).
It is never overwhelming in any way, its a rather "spunky" floral with some sizzle to it! I can swear I smell cinnamon in there, I feel this especially on fabric. And speaking on fabric, it smells just as good on your clothes. I found other perfumes smell "old" when they come in contact with fabrics, but not Eau Premiere!
This will be worn by me for many years to come!

miriel
miriel

Ι'm not gonna compare eau premiere with the original chanel no5. I don't see the point and I really think these are 2 completely different perfumes.
Eau premiere is an elegant, classy and SAFE smell. And I don't mean that negatively. On the contrary. I for example had this important meeting to go to today. Eau premiere was my first choice. I felt confortable and confident! And safe!
A great perfume really.Oh and it lasts forever.

SugarBABE
SugarBABE

Soft-elegant aldehyde notes+citrus freshness =No.5 Eau Premiere...Smells like me!!

ditaa
ditaa

All day I was thinking, how to find the right words to describe this perfume, because English language is not my native. I can’t find any words, just one- MASTERPIECE.
In my opinion Eau Premiere is better, lighter, sexier and easier to wear than the original Chanel No 5.
Seems, that this is made for the lady who lives in 21st century, and can go to sleep with Chanel No5 eau premiere, but also can go to night club and in the morning drink coffee, and she still will be the CLASIC girl.

I do not feel any different notes I feel just harmony, just the best harmony between middle notes and top notes. Power of neroli and aldehydes, vanilla and sandalwood makes this perfume so elegant so soft and also so powerful.

On my skin it has long lasting power, even next day I feel on my clothes this wonderful fragrance. Also women (usually men do it) give lots of compliments.
It’s the best perfume from Floral Aldehyde.

From the first minutes until the last it is wonderful journey.
The best wishes to Jacques Polge for such good reformulate of Chanel No 5.

Love You Chanel No5 Eau Premiere.

p.s The silage is great and longevity is amazing because it last 8-9 hours (all work day) on me. Just from the morning after the shower until the last minute at work…

This scent is the closest thing to the original No.5 Eau de cologne that my mother used to wear when I was young and the first aroma I ever sensed as being a 'perfume'...

Lighter and more ethereal than the heady, musky, regal creature that is No.5, this one is, IMHO is easier to wear and more streamined than the original. Neroli and ylang give it a powdery sweet, very rich smell and coupled with the boost of aldehydes could easily be descibed as strong; but, this initial burst fades in volume but never quite disappears as it joins with the classic floral heart of jasmine and roses...beautiful! This scent has (even in this 'weaker' concentration)unbelieveable longevity and a sillage that projects a "come hither" whisper quite well. The opulent drydown of sandalwood's rich scent with the sweet dark vanilla is just great, and the vetiver gives it an almost green warmth and clean vibe, unlike the heavy civet base of Mother No.5...er, I mean Chanel No.5.

Sillage: subtle but stong
Longevity: excellent
Overall: 4.75/5

A thoroughly modern twist on the classic No. 5, without detracting from its beauty or presence, this is one of my favorite Chanel women's scents ever, and though slightly softer in it's overall statement is regal, refined and utterly feminine without the overly heavy 'musky' scent of the original.

Elegance and gentle strength distilled...and well worth the hefty price!

Agent Provocateur101
Agent Provocateur101

I am liking this......In fact, no, i am REALLY REALLY liking this.

Whilst i cant always appreciate the aggressiveness of the original, this on the other hand, i welcome with open arms.
What a fantastic modern take on an old classic (brill marketing ploy, very clever ;)

Although it doesn't appear to be contained within the fragrant notes, i get an initial blast of lemon, fresh zesty lemon, which helps to make this fragrance much fresher and slightly sweeter than the original, combined with the effervescent and infamous clean and soapy aldehydes, this already smells identical to the original, but much tamer.

The sandalwood and vetiver drydown is just beautiful and like another reviewer has stated, this strikes me as more of an evening fragrance than the original, as E.premiere has a mysterious allure which i cannot describe fully.
It is a "come closer" scent, that i think many men would appreciate.

I also detect a kind of sharp, metallic twang, which i also smell in coco mademoiselle too, kind of like you have had loose change in your hand for the briefest of seconds and you then catch a whiff of your hand where the money had been.
I actually really like the metallic quality it has as it seems to round the whole composition off.

All in all, i am so very pleased with this little number, and i am already planning on getting my second bottle, as this is definately a keeper.
Far more wearable and enjoyable than the original for me.
xx

zsazsa
zsazsa

I have tested the original No. 5 and EP these last couple of days, and my verdict is out. I prefer EP over the original. EP is young and fresh, with a lot less aldehydes and far less soapy than the original. Too bad EP doesn't last long. To prevent the fragrance from vanishing too quickly I have been wearing EP with the No. 5 body lotion and they go together quite well. I love this combination. It is a comfy, romantic scent and imo also suitable for the office environment.

iMaverick
iMaverick

Eau Premiere seems to capture the ambery and floral qualities of the original, but seems to have lost that buttery smell in the begining, and castrated, or rather mastectomized, is the smell of styrax in the scent. Smells pretty, but definitely no longer sexy. Marilyn has become Norma Jean again, so to speak. No doubt, it still doesn't smell like a cookie cutter perfume out there, but it has lost its old world savvy. I would laud this perfume before any that have come out within the last decade.

hollycat
hollycat

A modern take on the original No 5. I find this to be a corporate business woman type perfume, also an evening gown fragrance. Its light and tame, yet elegant and sophisticated. It opens with an aldehydilic blast which Im not fond of, but then settles to a light, conservative flowery, powdery soapy scent. I would never wear this with jeans or a tee shirt. But then I wouldnt wear it with anything else either. Not my style. But nice for the woman it suits.

nodoubtcici
nodoubtcici

The first time I smelled it, I fell in love with it immediately.

kosmoskukka
kosmoskukka

I Love this Perfume, Light, sophisticated, flowery, very feminine. Feeling Happy with this !!
Eau Premiere kind of lifts up, emotionally. Reminds me how that special moment to special perfume is Now. Living and exisiting in moment, holding that..

RRCOOLMAMA2
RRCOOLMAMA2

Happy powdered light flowers. This is a feeling of No5 in the springtime. Sitting in some overcrowded terrace and I want my friend to find me.

Hi, I'm No5 original.
I'll be wearing a strict tailored suit in pink,cream and black with tones of jewellery and shiny mary-jane's with a matching chain purse. My hair in a chignon. Red lips.

Hi, I'm No5 Eau Première.
I'll be wearing a one shoulder flowing mid-calf silk dress in a shading ombre of pinks and white, one bangle on my wrist and a pair of strappy shoes. My hair will be loose with cascading waves. Nude gloss.

I like this alot:)

Nicole79
Nicole79

Gorgeous, wonderful...just Perfect!!!!
I have n 5 edp but i wanted to compare it with Premiere...Just what i expected...lovely ...
Chanel N 5 it's stronger while Premiere it's lighter...
I really love Chanel n 5 in any concentration as edp, edt or Premiere !!!!
One of the best !!!
Never with out it !

hathor

This is my second review of this perfume, which i previously described as coldly perfect and quite metallic. I hadn't worn it much at all until the last snowy period when i found it went well with that smell and taste of snow on the air. then i started wearing it to work on nights as well and i must say it's becoming rather addictive. now i've worn it so much i have to re-adapt when i wear the original no 5 edt, which has been my favourite for 25 years!! it has a little more similarity with the original edp and many of the bath and body products of no.5. well, this is definitely here to stay. people around me seem to appreciate it as well, compliments have been pouring in. i'm not used to this with my usual old-fashioned tastes. i think this perfume is a worthy tribute to the original and deserves it's great name.

Sissi
Sissi

This is a Earthier version of the original no 5 the original is more
crisp with more citrus while the Eau Premiere deeper woodier with hints in my opinion Chocolate. and with more
patchouli. then no 5 A reserved more
Quieter Little Sister Compeard to the Larger then Life Diva of all diva of perfumes Chanel No 5

But neatherless stands on it's own.

Cyndyava
Cyndyava

So warm and sexy. A real skin scent, which I really love and is oh, so hard to find amongst all the fruit and floral out there. I luuuuv it. Can't wait to have purchase a bottle of this soon.

sky76sky
sky76sky

I am one of those heathans that really doesn't get the original No5 (& beleive me, I have tried!). On others I could always detect that stale, old-compact powder, & almost bed-mouth smell. On myself I found it hard to get past the aldehydes - I am just so uncouth.

That said, I find Eau Premiere much more wearable. Zvoncica's review is beautiful & I agree with the others that say this is a reserved scent - it holds you at arm's length, wears a petitcoat & never has bare legs.

It is still very powdery & formal, but now there is crisp citrus-green soapy edge before the ylang-ylang & flowers bloom. As expected, it is exquisitely blended & the sandalwood base is delightful. A real debutante scent.

It won't ever be on my must-have list but it was nice to find a version of a classic that I can wear. A No5 for those who don't do No5.

whatdanoseknows
whatdanoseknows

wow zvoncica I was thinking this was an optimistic perfume but your review paints a perfect picture that does go along with this clear crisp and a little cold fragrance. This perfume manages a youthful optimistic future for modern perfumes. A beautiful representation of Chanel that still smells like Chanel. It has a very refined ylang ylang and nerolie, clear crisp rose and aldehydes and a lovely reserved sandalwood and base notes.
For me conjures a 6'something statuesque beauty that would seem unapproachable, yet when you do conversation is easy and intelligent.

zvoncica
zvoncica

Eau Premiere is saddest perfume in the world. Don’t think of desperate sad, think of silently sad.

It is Rachmaninov piano concerto playing in house of a lady in gray dress with long blond hair. Her hair smells on cold roses and neroli. Her hands smell on soap while swinging the crib. Back and fort. Now, when I see her pale blond eyes I think she was crying. No tears, only the blur remained after sleepless night. She is leaning with her left hand on massive sandalwood table. Air in the room is richen with light petroleum smoke. From the lamp on the table. It gives strength to the roses from her hair and soap from hands. The smell fills the room. Holds her in arms with its strength. The letter is on the table to. Informing her that her beloved husband is reported missing in battlefield.

Rachmaninov still plays, and roses bloom under smoky light.

kastehelmi
kastehelmi

Mellyhelly couldn't have said it better!
I don't care for Eau Premiere, just as original No 5 does nothing for me, but this is certainly less harsh. I find the scent is simply improved upon, the only thing missing here is the megadose of aldehydes-and this is a bit less powdery-but It's strikingly the same-I mean similar. Well, less is more, and the sillage and lasting power are the same, so if I were going to get my No 5-loving grandmother a bottle of perfume-
I might get this for her. I can tell you now she would say it isn't as good as the old one, because that's the classical attitude. I would say "It isn't as good, Grandma, it's better! Besides, if you don't like this, it's never too late to find a new signature...."

APassionateJourney
APassionateJourney

I HAATE Chanel No 5. Let's get that out of the way. I grimmaced when my friend at Macy's put three samples of this in my bag. Of course I wasn't expecting anything out of this, however, I've come to find that I really like this. It isn't as loud as the original No 5. It's very soft and powdery. It works wonders on the skin. I usually like woody orientals or floral fruity scents but I guess I'm finally growing up. I find myself being drawn to the "Old Lady" scents these days :). I think I might be buying this :).

Bouquet
Bouquet

I'm testing Chanel 5 Eau Premiere EDP today, and it is really is a well composed perfume. Lays close to the skin. Very soft,feminine and elegant, yet also suitable for every day (read: work) use. Not really a romantic or sporty perfume, though. My only gripe is that this has surprisingly NO lasting power whatsoever(less than 1 hour on me!), which is unusual for a Chanel. Hopefully, Chanel will issue a more concentrated version or a body lotion.

Chanel perfumes and me have a love-it-or- hate-it relationship. I very much dislike the original Chanel No. 5.

Trvevil
Trvevil

While N5 is a classic soapy aldehyde, Premiere is very similar, but has it's own way. I predict that it's gonna be there for a long time :3
A little bit powdery, creamy floral that screams "Luxurious!" on you, it melts and after ac while gets a little sweetness. Just a little bit. Nice, casual, classic and very feminine.

Berith
Berith

I tested it and I think I'm in love.
It hard the say which component I like most. But it light, warm, special, long lasting, but way to expensive for me!

Zaleska
Zaleska

I tested Chanel N°5 Eau Première today on my left arm, and Chanel nº5 EDP on my right arm, only to make a comparison.
Wow!

Chanel nº5 is an undeniable classical, a perfect gem, as I told before. An unforgettable sweet and close to skin (at least on my skin) aldehyde.

Chanel N°5 Eau Première is modern, but it's still a classic. Fresher and lighter than the original, flowery and powdery. Ylang-ylang appears beautifully, and somehow this one resembles me Sublime by Jean Patou.

I'm in love with them!

EDIT 02/05/2010: Now I'm very happy, becaused I purchased Première! Yes!

neve
neve

Soft, pleasant and warm yet simple, just like a hug. This fragrance to me is like a shelter when I'm feeling blue.

jucfatlips
jucfatlips

I just got mine today. (I ordered it online at a good price!) I reeeeeally love it! Smells so good on my skin. I will use this only on special occassions. Classic!

swedeangel
swedeangel

Pure class!! At first it smells like chanel no 5 ,it has all its ingredients . But when the aldehydes fades off,and they do rather quickly ,its not much like the 5 . Its fresher,powderyer and much much milder,more modern .I love the original ,but i love this just as much! All you who dont like the 5 , give this a try!

HeatherStarr2424
HeatherStarr2424

My husband says this is smells 'classy'. When I told him how Marilyn Monroe made the famous statement about the original Number 5, he asked that I do the same with this updated version. If THAT doesn't sell it, I don't know what will. :)

mudpach
mudpach

This is a perfect parfume! Elegant, modern, and very sexy (my boyfriend likes it). Eau premiére is not same No.5, it's better than this.
One thing: suddenly Eau premiére is not long lasting in my skin:(

guest_kylexora
guest_kylexora

I hate Chanel N°5.. i tried it like hundred times but i still can't love it even millions women worldwide just love it. but one day, i tried N°5 eau premiere, and i'm speechless. the smells is so delicate, warm and very classy at the same time. i would imagine myself as a royal pricess walking down to grand ballroom to meet her prince charming. i fall in love of a version of Chanel N°5, finally... now i understand why people love N°5. it's totally lagend. even i still dont like original N°5, but i'm in love with N°5 eau premiere. i'll definitely buy one for myself. it worth every cents you paying for... for me, it's not expensive because the price meet the quality. and the good news is, its available in 75ml..!

MoietToi
MoietToi

I saw this perfume in a shop. Actually it was not the name or the bottle that caught my attention. But the price oh my god it was probabilly the most expensive perfume that I had ever seen!
About two seconds later I decided to spray it upon my unsuspecting arm. Actually now I can understand the price beacuse it smells so good and it lasts forever.

But now let's describe the smell. It does remind me of Chanel no 5 in some ways. But unlike No.5 eau Premiere is much less sharp and more soft in the begining. Very modern,classy and and cosmopolitan. I mostly get some kind of floral/aquatic blend. Which is absolutley beautiful and it makes me think of a stunningly beautiful woman. Walking down the red carpet at the Oscar gala.

I would like to compare this one to the other Chanel perfumes. It seems to me that Eau Premiere is totally unrelated to the innocent and fresh eau Verte. Or the bold,sensual and sexy Allure. No it seems to me as if this perfume is the daughter of No.5. But somehow Coco Mademoiselles older and classier sister (not to mention that Eau Premier dosen't make my skin go red). Very beautiful but I do not know if it's worth the splurge I will have think about it.

jellybeantree
jellybeantree

I wore this as my first experience with chanel n°5 I was in California and it is such a fresh classy version of the original!Perfect for a warm dry climate. Good lasting power! I have moved on to the edp and I love this fragrance!

ChristyS
ChristyS

It´s funny in my early twenties I always had No. 5 and was very much in love with the whole serie, soap, lotion, perfume. Now in my early 30´ties I think it is too ladylike for me :)! BUT: yesterday I tried Eau Premiere, and although it reminded me in a very positive way of "my" Chanel No. 5- time, because Premiere def. smells like No. 5, this one to me is softer, fresher and more modern, really lovely! It lasted for hours on my wrist, so lasting-power seems to be good too. Def. will buy this one.

Story
Story

It is likeable, but I still prefer Chanel no.5, which is more polarizing, but it does have more of a unique personality.
And, to make it worse, olfactive memory doomed Eau de Premiere for ever for me: I tried it at Nordstrom and it was instant recognition: Cebion, a vitamin C tablet my mom gave me when I was a kid.

nil spell
nil spell

its better than no.5. its light and feminen. best classy perfume.

hathor

my partner bought me this last christmas, he decided a real no.5 girl couldn't be without it. i've worn the original for years. i do like this new version, but it can never replace the original for me. eau premiere has something coldly perfect about it. it is platinum, whereas the original is gold. the original has something much warmer about it. the eau premiere lasts well on me, and i smell it more because i'm not so used to it. i don't really agree with it being a softened version, it has something a bit hard and metallic. like it, yes, love it, no, the original i will love forever.

I like Eau Premiere even if I don't get all the hype. It's true, it smells so much better than old, powdery, public-toilet-soapy, jasmine-y #5! Eau Premiere smells very similar yet less harsh and bitter, less "nasty deluxe lady" around 55, feeling so elegant in brocade jacket and inflated hairdo, overpowering co-workers and hitting secretaries .
It's youthful, bright, it begins with a blast of yellow Baby shampoo Johnson's then it becomes still very white floral with a fresh/sugary lemon-vanilla edge and little powder (thanks god).
It reminds me a lot of Shalimar Light: same lemon vanilla. Original #5 is much more aldehydic and powdery. It screams "old lady" in spite of the fact that when it was new it didn't, of course!
Eau Premiere is Chanel #5 that plays freely out of the cage (well, the cage was a Coco "item" but...). Eau Premiere is quite long-lasting but not strong and doesn't have a great sillage. I would wear it as an everyday classy clean/sweet skin scent, good for every occasion and with hot weather, especially if you are more a jasmin-girl rather than a rose-one like me and it could happen that you like it even if you don't like the original one! Or if you like that one, you could save it for big event (sorry to stress on this, but the original is not nice to smell in a small office)
Give it a try. For once there is some sense in what these big commercial money-machines do!

It feels like the original Chanel no.5 without being as powdery and same-y. No.5 is so over-worn that it is hard to get away from, yet this version is just different enough to update the classic while still paying homage. Don't get me wrong, I love No.5 (but can't wear it myself) but it is very much what it is: A classic scent worn by millions for over 8 decades. The Eau Premiere is basically the same scent with fewer years on it. Lovely and classic, elegant and gorgeous.

krishka
krishka

After the aldehydes fade away it turns into a very elegant, and feminine scent.Long lasting too

louyse
louyse

I purchased Chanel No 5 Eau Premiere as I had own the original while in my early twenties. An experience is the only way to describe this perfume !!
Luxurious... How can I possibly go back to other perfumes after wearing Chanel No5 eau Premiere? Impossible !! Simply the best...Someday, this will be my one only true love...

Marra
Marra

Yes, Chanel appeals to many, and the quality is high. But not always do the perfumes smell that nice. I liked Premiere at first sniff, and I also think it's because I was aware of the big name and the image of elegance. But the newer version of N5 is to my nose still a hard, bit out-of-date perfume. but surely more "wearing- friendly" than the original.

Mals86
Mals86

Eau Premiere is a softened, modernized version of the classic and beautiful No. 5. I've never been able to really wear No. 5; not only is it too powdery on me, but it's my mother's scent and would never feel like mine for that simple reason. Mom wears it beautifully, and it does not seem too powdery on her. (EDIT: I recently bought a vintage bottle of pure parfum, and it is stunningly beautiful, without the powderiness that bothered me.)

Eau Premiere does begin with aldehydes, but they're less overpowering than in the original, and very soon it's down into its familiar rose-and-jasmine-and ylang heart. However, EP seems rosier and a bit fresher than No. 5. This is just gorgeous, with every bit of the elegance of Chanel. Appropriate for so many occasions.

I gave my mother a mini bottle for her birthday and will soon be looking for my own mini. This one we can share, and I'm so glad. (EDIT: I now own and enjoy both Eau Premiere and the original, in parfum.)

essija
essija

what a beautiful perfect classy smell. I love the floral notes in this, perfect..

Like every girl on the planet, I cannot resist the urge to be drawn to expensive and exclusive brand names. The name 'Chanel', if mentioned in a conversation can make one sound and appear sophisticated and classy. It had been my dream ever since discovering a love of fragrance, to be able to add a Chanel perfume to my growing collection. However, finding a Chanel perfume that I actually happened to like was starting to look like an impossible task.

I had tested the original Chanel No.5, and although I could understand its appeal, it was far too mature and soapy for my liking. I concluded that it was my young age that made me feel this way.

I convinced myself to try this new version of the original today, to try and prove myself wrong and to make a comparison between the two. The first initial spray, to my nose, was much softer and more pleasant than Chanel No.5. The scent also had a slight tang of citrus in the top notes, that when blended with the aldehydes and soft florals, it created a warm and creamy fragrance. The drydown was an exquisitely soft vanilla scent with touches of rose and jasmine.

I would describe Chanel No.5 Eau Premiere as a youthful spin on the original infamous fragrance. It is less aggressive with its powdery notes, much sweeter and evidently more casual. Chanel No.5 Eau Premiere is the fragrance you would wear when you can't wear Chanel No.5; like on a hot Summer's day or in the office.

For those women, who like me, thought Chanel No.5 was far too strong and soapy, this fragrance would be your better alternative.

Dani-G
Dani-G

It's gorgeous!

Guest_Yana,
I totally agree with you! After the original it's very hard to make an impression with a 2d version, and this one does more - it attracts new fans! It's gorgeous!
So tenderly fruity, elegant, beautiful and fresh citric, but not annoying nor shocking, and of course LONG LASTING!
I think it's perfect for everyday use.
I finally found it!
It's MY SCENT!

Lunohodik
Lunohodik

WOW WOW WOW!!!
was my only thought after I tested it today!
I love No.5, but I think that first No.5 is a bit heavy and oldfashioned for everyday use, and this one is just perfect. Light fresh tender powdery and flowery!
Its the same old No.5 but modernized,in a good way:)
probaby our mothers and grannies had the same feelings towards original No.5, their perseption of the modernity of the No.5 was similar to mine understanding of Chanel N°5 Eau Premiere!
This perfume has a strange ability of making me feeling good when I feel depressed and making me feeling happy when I'm sad!
Great!

guest_Yana
guest_Yana

It happens very seldom when the second version is worth the first one. Chanel №5 is classic, Eau Premiere is modern classic. Citrus notes soften it. It's the best for those, who can't be friends with the first version. Start with Eau Premiere and you'love Ch№5 forever!

allexa27
allexa27

I dont see a big difference,the citrus note at the beggining vanishes very fast and after that comes the very well know smell of the old version.

vtothek
vtothek

Coming from someone who pretty much hates the original No 5, this is a very lovely fragrance. Everything that was 'wrong' about the original was smoothed out here. It's not too overpowering, the aldehydes aren't nearly as obtrusive and the dry down maintains a soft powdery smell as opposed to an all encompasing one. Not everyone's going to like this - they'll say it's pointless and not daring enough, but I think it's quite good. I'm a little sad as I only have a small decanted bottle right now, but I'll definately invest in this fragrance.

F_A
F_A

There's something in a few Chanel fragrances that has a sweaty note on my skin. I really tried to find out the beauty and complexity of Eau Premiere, but that sweaty smell, arising from the powdery flowers, killed my poor nose...

rebella
rebella

Such a pretty, comfortable and modern fragrance. I have never get along well with it´s big sister Chanel No 5. But Eau Premiere I liked at the first sniff. It is strong, but not that burst of suffocating aldehydes as in the original. Eau Premiere remind me of Frederic Malle´s Iris Poudre in its creamy, fluffy and powdery floral burst. At the same time there is something crispy and intriguing in Eau Premiere.
I think it is good for both day- and nighttime wear, a little depending on what kind of person you are offcourse. It is really classy yet modern, easy and strong at the same time.
The price however is kind of high for what you get, It is really good but I find it not so longlasting and for that price I think that is litte to ask for?

Still, it´s absolutly worth trying. I like it much better than the original Chanel No 5.

golden
golden

Another beautiful softer version of the original but just softer.
I love this classic perfume.

Malegria
Malegria

More lemony and fresh then the original.Still the original one in EDT is a fave -both Premiere and #5 EDP come on very strong, though in a Premiere the sharp note fades away faster.

LauraM
LauraM

Sometimes updating golden oldie works (this does!) and sometimes it doesnt: Tom Fords version of "Youth Dew" (still stinks, sorry)

It is very fresh, perfect for day wear.

Taliera
Taliera

I am sorry to all those lovers of Chanel No.5, but I have never liked it, and I don't think I will ever like it.

For me, it's feminine in all the wrong ways. I don't envisage strength, or womanliness when I smell it - I envisage a little femme-fatale gasping for breath under a tight corset while holding onto men for support. It makes me feel frail, and forget my self-esteem and confidence.

Maybe I'm overdoing it on the feminist thing - a lot of women, I know, would disagree with me. I can understand how some women think it is very feminine - but that is not my definition of femininity. I identify with the femininity of Shalimar, or even Anais Anais...

mymlan
mymlan

My mother had a bottle of No 5 pure perfume in the bathroom which I adored as a little girl. Now, as a grown up woman I have tested original No 5 from time to time but found it a bit too intense for me.

Anyway, when I found EAU PREMIERE I fell in love instantly with the fresh sent. I bought it without any further considerations. Eau Premiere is the perfect day perfume when I want something fresh, classy and not too sweet.

Citrusy top notes opens up this fragrance and gives is a fresh start. However, the fragrances best part appears after 20 minutes when it really starts to bloom and the sensual ylang ylang kicks in. The drydown is sweet and soft from the vanilla. Still, I wish that a tiny bit of the freshness from top would linger and play a long with the long lasting sweetness in the end.

I find Eau Premiere a classy and beautiful fragrance that outrivals most modern fragrances of today.

Edit: the intense part originated from trying the edp. Today I'm joyfully wearing the peachy edt in combination with the pure perfume and I love it. Still, N°5 eau premiere is my day scent. Perfect...

Marianne
Marianne

(Sorry to all No. 5 lovers) I'm not a friend of the EdP. BUT this one is definitely more wearable. It's not as strict and "classic" -it has even got sweet notes that remind me of Chanel Chance and Miss Dior Cherie a bit. And of course, it's not as concentrated which makes it easier to wear every day. I could imagine wearing it myself (!)
Some kind of "mainstream - notes" were added to the typical No. 5 - maybe in order to reach even more women.

PR
PR

The one I tried N5 eau premiere, light version, contained comletely colourless, crystal clear liquid, and this one in picture yellowish..was there another reformulation of N5 eau premiere launched in 2008? Though everything else looks the same.

ok. The Scent, now. Very citrucy. The part I liked most was the first 5 to 10 minutes, when I still could detect some 'original' N5 developing under the, layer of lemons. Which was truly more contemporary, but together I liked it more. In first minutes there's still something floral present in smell, but later, everything is killed off and completely overpowered by citrucy notes, what spoiled the fragrance itself for me. Though perhaps there are people who are looking for those sort of scents.. well, if I had to compare it, this one is better for sure than Goutal's Eau d'Hadrien citruses,but I am not interested in any of those

Mitsouko
Mitsouko

Fine smell. I don't know, if it's possible to call Chanel Premiere: "modern version Chanel 5", because Chanel 5 there is and always will be modern. Chanel Premiere is easiest, more nice, more girlish, more green. It remember in note of base - Prada Infusion. Premiere is very elegant. I don't know else, if I will buy it, because this fragrance is a bit cool and create distance as its great, beauty, famous mother. Surely I will Premiere else test.

imgcas
imgcas

Chanel 5 Eau Première is absolutely wonderful! Take classic Chanel 5 and mix it (or layer it) with Lorenzo Villoresi's Teint de Neige. What you'll get is something quite similar to Eau Premiere.
It's Chanel 5 but much more powdery and less soapy. There is soft vanilla in the basenotes, which gives a sweeter face to Chanel 5.
I think it will be a complete success among those which like Chanel 5 but wish it was "younger".

balinese_frangipani
balinese_frangipani

I had it once when I was 19,still in college..it was a present from my aunt.actually, it was the first of my fashionable perfume :))) I really love the sweet,elegant,sophisticated smell.I like to wear it at night.I used to displayed it next to my rent room window,even when the bottle almost empty .until then I gone home for holiday, I didn't bring it with me,coz I thought the bottle it's too big 4 me to carry.next month later, I came back, my room is full of fragrance ,n I saw the pieces of my lovely chanel no.5,which was thrown by hard wind from window while I was gone..T_T.. well..there goes my fav fragrance :( but I do wish someday I will have 1 again :p

Aiona
Aiona

I cannot understand why people love this fragrance so much. Today, I gave away yet another bottle of Chanel No. 5, given to me by my mother. The person I gave it to sprayed it on her wrist, sniffed, and exclaimed, "Ooh! I love it!" I sniffed it, and on her, it smells rather floral. The same bottle sprayed on myself gives off a smell that just makes me wanna puke. Chanel No. 5 is not for me. Give me Halston Couture, or give me nothing at all.

pimpnazt
pimpnazt

This is definitely classic. I would classify more of a night fragrance than a day fragrance, although that certainly never stopped me from wearing it in the day. At night, I would spray directly on me, whereas, in the day, I would walk into the mist I sprayed directly in front of me.

2007

Chanel N°5 Eau Premiere by Chanel 4.11 out of 5 based on 2000 ratings and 300 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Chanel Chanel N°5 Eau Premiere fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Chanel Chanel N°5 Eau Premiere, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Chanel N°5 Eau Premiere by Chanel. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Chanel N°5 Eau Premiere by Chanel represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.