Designers » C » Floral Aldehyde « Groups

dislike

aldehydic
yellow floral
Chanel N°5 Elixir Sensuel Chanel for women Videos

Chanel N°5 Elixir Sensuel by Chanel is a Floral Aldehyde fragrance for women. Chanel N°5 Elixir Sensuel was launched in 2004. Top notes are aldehydes and neroli; middle notes are iris, jasmine and ylang-ylang; base notes are amber and woodsy notes.

Aldehydes Neroli

Chanel No 5 Eau de Toilette

Chanel N°5 Elixir Sensuel Fragrance Reviews

Pentecostal Smell Good
Pentecostal Smell Good

Since Chanel discountined this fragrance the only place you will find it is most likely on eBay. However, most perfumes on eBay are 100% FAKE. I bought my No 19 on eBay, because they had actual photos of the bottle and since I normally know a real Chanel from a fake I bought it. I was not disappointed.

Just remeber, the EDP concentrations of the following should have practically invisable tubing

Coco, Chanel No 5, and Chanel No 19(Not Poudre).
If you can see the tubing on any of these from 5 feet away, then they are a 100% fake. But, if you have super good eyes and the tubing is visable yet extremely hard to see (That which is under the liquid) then it could also be a real authentic. Coco M and No 19 Poudre's liquid is not a dark enough color to hide the tubing the way Coco and No 5/19 can.

little elf
little elf

I miss this so much :( But Eau Premiere is indeed very similar. If you're willing to shell out a few bucks, the extrait is actually the closest thing to this- it's actually my favorite No. 5 concerntration. Wish there was a Fragrantica page for it *hint*

blue_belle
blue_belle

This is really beautiful. It melts into the skin and stays close, so "sensual" is a good description; it's not a seductive scent at all, but instead one that you want to wrap yourself up in and savor. It's sweeter and softer than No. 5 and the woods are stronger, but the powder character is the same.

Even though it doesn't smell like Coco Mademoiselle I find myself comparing the two because they have the same comforting, close feeling to me. I have not yet tried Eau Premiere, but if it smells like this one I think I'll have to; I actually like this better than the No. 5 I tried earlier today.

@blueviolet
can you tell me where did you find it ? is it in stores or online ?

iRa7ma

guys where i can find Chanel N°5 Elixir Sensuel ? is it true Chanel stop selling it ????

blueviolet

@amaraztavich, have you tried chanel no 5 premier? Very similar and longer lasting.

amaraztavich
amaraztavich

if chanel could make a much stronger version of this, it would be the worlds most perfect perfume :)

blueviolet

Got mine today. Hard to find, soooo beautiful. Very soapy and powdery. Close to original. But more modern. Also similar to premiere. Close to skin. It is sexy, not in a dirty way but in a sensual soft way.

Anatares
Anatares

Divine, like the original EDP. But I can't see it on the Chanel site, has it been discontinued?

velvetpeony
velvetpeony

I had really wanted to love this; however, after a liberal application, all I could smell was olive juice. I didn't get any resemblance to the original No5.

dbrii24
dbrii24

I consider Chanel No. 5 to be the epitome of French perfumery. The original No. 5 is beautiful but I find it heavy and I can't deal with civet. Chanel Elixir Sensuel is it's more modern yet equally stunning twin sister. This version will appeal to the 20 and up set (like myself), who appreciate classic fragrances but don't want to smell old fashioned. I really can't say enough about this beauty. This is gorgeous and everything I love about perfumery; intoxicating and emotionally stirring. I love classic florals with mild aldehydes and a touch of sweetness. Elixir Sensuel greatly satisfies this craving. My only issue is it's longevity; I wish it lasted longer. It's in gel form and it lasts about 4 hours on my skin which is heartbreaking. Usually lack of longevity is a deal breaker for me when choosing to buy a fragrance but with Elixir Sensuel I happily made an exception. Besides, reapplying just means that I get to experience this fragrance symphony all over again. This is too beautiful to pass up. A+

MsDana
MsDana

I love this scent so much, it is not too sweet which is why I like it, it smells sensual and inviting, and not overly girly, almost unisex in it's scent. The scent lasted maybe 2 hours, so my only complaint would be that it does not last a long as I would like. But it is divine.

evesoho
evesoho

If anyone else would just like to read a strict comparison: I think Elixir Sensual and the Chanel No 5 body lotion are similar - and both of them have too much of an astringent smell for me to want to wear them instead of the EDP or the EDT. The body lotion has more sillage and a scent that lasts longer than the Elixir, but it has an additional "product" smell that reminds me of the Body Shop's Vitamin E products which were once purported to be "unscented" but never were to me! The Elixir smells more like a body product to me, rather than a perfume. It's pretty enough, but it's my least favourite incarnation. For one thing, I miss the boldness that intoxicates me in the EDP.

(While Eau Premiere smells a little bit like the parfum, it is light and pretty with its sheer vanilla accord... verging on an what I might call an Eau Fraiche... I love the EDP and EDT; EDP is my favourite.)

bettybluebell
bettybluebell

Elixir Sensuel is far closer to the original No5 than Eau Premiere. This version of No5 dries down to a slightly sharp warm amber, as opposed to a rich aldehydic floral of the original. While Eau Premiere is an identity to itself , I feel Elixir Sensuel is really just a slightly off center No5. Elixir Sensuel makes a wonderful base for any of the No5 fragrances, adding a warm background to any of the versions. On its own, I am not sure ES is worth the money as it has very light staying power and sillage. It make a nice indulgence if you are a big No5 fan, otherwise stick to the original or the vibrant and wonderful Eau Premiere.

7/19/13 I have to admit after using Elixir Sensuel in conjunction with Eau Premiere, I started reaching for Elixir more and more. The warm amber drydown is pretty intoxicating. I still think the sillage is minimal, but with a good dousing you will be enveloped by a unique No5 aura.

xrayer
xrayer

Chanel No 5 has always been one of my favourite fragrances, my first love was EDT, then eau premiere - I haven't owned the EDP. This version is my absolute favourite and I think will oust eau premiere as my signature. From first application the notes are the epitome of the classic No 5, there's no waiting for the dry down to appreciate the softer, powdery notes, they are there from the beginning. I find it so feminine and soft, it's like wrapping yourself in the cosiest cashmere rug. It doesn't have huge sillage but I don't really mind that, I love how you just get the occasional waft of it and it lasts about 6 hours on me.

freddinos
freddinos

I don't have much to add to the previous reviews. I also loved this formulation. My only complaint is that it doesn't last long, on my skin at least:(

audoire
audoire

That pyramid is missing a whole bunch of notes. This gets right to the mimosa-rich heart of No 5 extrait from the start, and with the ambery base also poking through, it reminds me of a cross between No 5 and Bois des Iles. Rich, sweet, just a hint of powder. I've loved No 5 in many (all?) of its variations over the years, but this is definitely my new favourite.

Belledandy
Belledandy

Chanel No. 5 Sensual Elixir: It's everything I love about the original No. 5, but gently updated. It's all there, sans the prickly aldehydes: the softness, the creamy florals, and the smooth powdery warmth. It's the olfactory equivalent to rolling naked down a hill of cashmere.

BeautifulDynamite
BeautifulDynamite

Aah, Nº5...how I love thee...let me count the ways.

So I got a bottle of this beauty for my birthday, and when I first sniffed it out of the bottle, I wasn't impressed. It smelled nothing like the original EDP. But I put some on me and...

...a strange mystical thing happened.

It turned into what i recognized to be the complex bouquet that is Nº5. I couldn't believe it. Now I wish it had greater silliage and a tad more aldehydes...this smelled almost exactly like the original. And the crystal stopper is a very nice touch. I think this is going to be a smell I wear everyday....even if it is a few drops before bed. ;)

suhaesa
suhaesa

when i apply this i smell baby wipes.. powder ..and hmm babies.. new born babies.. clean skin..i smell my mother on that perfume..i dont understand how they call it sexual elixer.. its the total opposite of any thing sexual ..its pure...light..plain..simple..airy..angelic. ..its so soft ..its like a whisper..its so light..like a breath of air..its almost cloudy..its cold..almost dead..
so powdery..it smells like old make up powder..maybe the back stage of Marilyn Monroe make up room smelled like that..its so 50 ies..there is something in the very back maybe the aldehydes that make it special or memorable..in a discrete way...it s a skin scent it envelops your skin as a second skin it lays there as if you have applied powder plain white unscented powder with a hint of muskiness and aldehydes..softer ones..it turns in your skin and gives you a cloudy vail of hmmmmm i dont know is it sheerness..is it purity..its definitely something white..very white..very elusive..with a hint of lemon..i smell my grandfather in it too..it smells old in a nostalgic way..it has a heart tightening sensation about it in my heart..
its a fine simple french legend..that will stand the test of time..

perfume rating 4 out 5
bottle rating 4.4 out of 5
this review was about the no5 sensual elixir from the seductive collection
its not in the normal perfume alcoholic form. it feels like a viscous solution. its a pour out bottle edp perfume bottle ,that you open the cap and use it or pour it out on your pulse points.. it feels like a serum.. a heavy viscous composition that doesn't feel oily.. but is like light serum ..
its 50 ml
bought from bloomingdales..at about 100 us $
they always hide them inside counters and are not found easily always out of stock..they are like the hidden treasures that you have to hunt for..

Mariamaija Amélie

Just received this treassure of a perfume this morning and oh my God, it is simply beautiful. Such a luxury scent. I want to swim it, SLEEP in it! So soft, yet still so very intriguing and bubbling with personality. Sensuel? Oh, yes indeeeeed :o)

P.S. Just needed to add, that this wonderful luxury scent has a very weak lasting power, maybe because it's a gel? The scent, on me, is gone within two hours, and even though the gel, to me, is a pleassure to use, it's a little disappointing, that it doesn't have the longevity I somehow expected from this brand

Mariamaija Amélie

I have just ordered it! My instinct tells me I am going to adore this one. I have the original Chanel No 5, but rarely use it, as it, for me that is, is a perfume to be worn on very special occasions. I am utterly and deeply "in love" with this unique, timeless scent though, and look soooo much forward to having this sensual, smooth and softer edition of it, so I can wear it more often!

milkyway
milkyway

Smelled divine when applied on skin, but....but gone in 10 minutes! Which never happened to Chanels on my skin before..Shame. A definite beauty though- much softer than the other N5 flukes, girlier and a crowd pleaser..

Jmnolan82
Jmnolan82

An absolute beauty...
Entering my 30's & yearning for a more sophisticated scent, my only regret is that I didn't discover this sooner. This is such a gorgeous fragrance and seems to be pleasing to all ages. (I had to snicker at another reviewer describing her young daughter's love of the perfume as my 4 year old son loves it as well).
Very easy to wear, subtle and so sophisticated. If I had to choose one perfume for the rest of my life, this would be the one.

Vikitoria
Vikitoria

This is one of my favorite perfumes ever, in any form I can get it in. Elixir is the BEST form of it on me and to my nose. I LOVE it. It's softer Than No. 5 EDP or T, sexier, yes, sensual. And definitely a heady elixir!

mum84
mum84

من أطيب عطور شانيل
رقم 5

NaturallySerene
NaturallySerene

While I really like this perfume, it oddly reminds me of my brother's shaving cream! That aside, it's a soft, light powdery scent that I love wearing on days when I like to lounge around my home and watch tv! I'm always comforted when I put this on. This is something I only wear on these occasions but it could also be worn out for special events as well.

cacraine
cacraine

I was wearing this today to test it out and I was at first disappointed that the silage was so low. Out of the blue my 5 year old daughter kept coming around and sniffing me on my wrists and neck....I thought she would tell me it was stinky but she smiled and said "you smell pretty mommy". It is a fragrance that I am going to have to get used to because I am more used to all the fruity florals of today, but to my daughters un-biased nose it was beautiful. She told me it smelled like flowers...and all I could smell was powder and aldehydes. Her nose is obviously more refined than my own.

carinas
carinas

What a great surprise! I don't like Chanel No.5, strong aldehydes make it unwearable for me.
Elixir however opens with soft aldehydes, but iris kicks in fast and amber follows iris even faster. The whole fragrance works on my skin in a fast forward mode, doesn't give me enough time to enjoy any particular note. I can't believe myself saying this, but I wish the aldehydes stayed for longer, I really enjoy them in Elixir.
It's a beautiful fragrance, it's soft, luxurious and it will earn it's wearer well deserved admiration and respect.
It's easy to wear as it doesn't go to extremes, all notes are presented well and blend beautifully. It's so well balanced that it's almost a little boring.

I keep coming back to this one every year during the winter, it just feels right. Majestic,elegant, stabilizing, confident, smooth and comforting all at once. It's a little bit tighter construct than regular Chanel No 5, which was my signature scent in highschool (a long long time ago). This is more of the night out on the town version. Always classy, this is a scent for a true lady who is always appropriately attired, yet alluring and seductive.

Jasminehead
Jasminehead

Gorgeous, Classy, alluring, sexy, mysterious, slightly glamorous, enchanting, mezmorizing, addictive. ooooh my my my Sensual Elixir is magic in a bottle.

My only complaints are the lasting power, the sillage, and I feel it needs a bit more aldahydes.

I've been layering this with Chanel no5 Eau Premier. I would love it if I could just bottle and mix the two. Then it would be perfect. I'm wondering if then tho it might smell more like the original pure or edp..lol

All these chanel no5's confuse me. I'm currently trying to get my hands on some vintage pure form and edp and do some side by side comparison to find the perfect one for me.

I am a newly born no5 Lover and I couldn't be happier. I understand this scent now (I think it brilliant) What I do know is that I love sensual elixer..I did not like the new EDT and I very much like Eau Premier.. I think premier tho , lacks the iris / orris root, I do still like the premier however... I think it's a fantastic summertime version . Then I took a look at the notes for the edp.. and seems like yes.. that may be the one I'm looking for. So annoying really

Erika Cserepes
Erika Cserepes

I hate this one, all I can smell is rose rose rose and cheap soap. Well I gave it to my sister-problem solved. It was a waste of my money.I love Allure.

papergurl
papergurl

I adore ylang ylang, orris and jasmine. This is my favourite version through years of parfum, edT, EdP.... This is silk taffeta, creamy with a "rustle". You have to experience the ritual and dab it on, no instant gratification "spritz". I love this Fall into Winter. With a light hand it is office friendly and for evening and an outing to see the Nutcracker Suite in December. I believe each woman wears it differently to make it her own.

cinsot
cinsot

Ah...

A blossom laden bitter orange tree grove flourishing around a frozen lake. I love the seasonal contradiction of Elixir Sensuel's gobsmackingly gorgeous opening.

Everything about CN5 ES works from the immaculate presentation to the quaint glass stopper used to administer the runny honey that is Elixir Sensuel.

One drop to the wrists and my world becomes a tranquil paradise.

This sensual elixir warms up into familiar territory by becoming a bouncier version of my beloved CN5 EDP. ES has loads of naturally occurring youthful collagen plumping up her cheeks to CN5 EDP's somewhat sallow expression. In no way am I belittling CN5 (OMG that would be downright sacrilege - burn me at the stake RIGHT NOW!) no no no. My nose simply recognises the glamorous CN5 heart.

Elixir Sensuel honours the tradition impeccably. She is slightly more curvaceous in her portrayal and her curves create a warmth unique to her expression.

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

Between the original No.5, Eau Premiere and this, this one is definitely my favourite. The orris, musk and ylang ylang come out beautifully on my skin, with a hint of a mildly soapy jasmine, making it soft and creamy. This seems less like a typical Chanel to me, but I think this is because the aldehydes are so muted. I think this would be a very lovely and inoffensive day time scent.

mariaraluca
mariaraluca

lovely!! but everybody tells me that it lasts longer than chanel 5 edt, the spray , i don;t seem to smell it at all. it doesn;t spread the scent. i know a perfume should't be invasive, because it can be vulgar...but still...

ChouliGaloria
ChouliGaloria

Ooohhhhhh, this smells soooo good! Pretty, lightly sweet, a smidgen powdery, petite fresh and lovely, an so very, very feminine. The previous reviews used some good adjectives to describe the Elixir Sensuel: Comforting, Luxurious, Stunning!
When I bought this at the store I was ooh'ing and awe'ing so much that one sales woman accross the floor yelled over to me "The Elixir is my favorite too!" And the other sales woman who was waiting on me said "YES! I love the Elixir too and so does my husband." We were all happy ladies that day and enjoying ourselves.
This version is so much nicer than the spray version. If you want to like Chanel #5, then try the Elixir Sensuel and expand from there.

darkbeauty
darkbeauty

This is luxurious! This is how you and your perfume become one. If only all fumes could be made in this form.

It doesn't overwhelm you upon application like a spray. It's like a seduction... it's soft touch caresses you and then hugs onto your skin. This version of No.5 is to die for. And for those of you who don't find the spray wearable... this elixir is for you!

zsazsa
zsazsa

I find this so much wearable than the EdP. It goes really well with my skin chemistry. I can actually smell the perfume, and not a blast of aldehydes, as in the EdP. It still is soapy, but in a good, fresh,clean and sweet way. I cannot detect any specific flowers though, but I love it.I've been wearing ES with the No. 5 body lotion, and I alternate it with Eau Premiere/body lotion. I think both combinations are wonderfull.I prefer these 2 combinations to the No. 5 EdP.

LadyDi
LadyDi

One of my personal favorites. All the fragrance notes are present at once. Lasts longer and those notes I find less than desirable on their own blend wonderfully. A floral, classic, femmine
fragrance.

Shyn's Release
Shyn's Release

This is softer than the original much more wearable it is a gel fragrance that isn't sticky on the skin.But it doesn't interest me I guess No.5 isn't for me.

l'essence
l'essence

Agree it lasts better than the original. I bought it while travelling last year but broke the bottle and had beautiful smelling luggage for a long time. I hope to buy it again some time.

amelie
amelie

I love No. 5, especially EdT, so sensual and clean, lasting and comforting, although aldehydes are highlighted (what I like) but not here. And I like the whole story about the famous perfume.
Elixir Sensuel is little soapy, but very soft. Applied in drops also very feminine. Once upon a time perfumes were kept in small bottles and sparingly used. Less is more and Elixir is a great way to learn how many drops is enough for full enjoyment.
Elixir Sensuel is so small and practical for any purse, it might be convenient in natural spray, but I like this way. Slightly different from the famous No.5 (EdT or EdP), in dry-down maybe less clean and sharp, but it is Chanel, authentic and quite different from other brands.
Sometimes I'm not sure whether it is unisex, as it can be feminine and/or men's cologne, but no doubt with Chanel, the female fragrance will be worn only by women. Incredibly longlasting and impressive, the perfect choice for an elegant evening out.

FUELedbyCHAOS
FUELedbyCHAOS

This is my fave version of No. 5. It wear so well and the powdery note is very dominant. Much younger with a provocative side. Highly recommend!

stripeymog
stripeymog

I find this formulation wears better on my skin than the original alcohol based version as it brings out the ylang ylang/rose accents more. Bought it on a trip to NY one Christmas so the smell always transports me back there!

Chanel N°5 Elixir Sensuel by Chanel 4.47 out of 5 based on 280 ratings and 45 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Chanel Chanel N°5 Elixir Sensuel fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Chanel Chanel N°5 Elixir Sensuel, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Chanel N°5 Elixir Sensuel by Chanel. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Chanel N°5 Elixir Sensuel by Chanel represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.