Designers » C » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Chanel No 19 Poudre Chanel for women

Chanel No 19 Poudre Chanel for women
dislike

I have it: 664 I had it: 132 I want it: 730 My signature: 19

Chanel No 19 Poudre Chanel for women Pictures Chanel No 19 Poudre Chanel for women Pictures

Iris is the central ingredient of the fragrance, along with several "new interesting musks", found by the perfumer. Talking about iris, the perfumer pointed out it is a very demanding ingredient. First of all, it's hard to source, because anything can affect the final quality of the oil, including climate and soil. Secondly, processing of iris is very time and labor-consuming process, which lasts a couple of years. However, Chanel never made a single compromise about the quality of her (their) perfumes. The new No.19 Poudré (2011) unites the latest technology advances (musks) and the best that can be achieved in a good old artisanal way. The nose behind this fragrance is Jacques Polge.

Neroli Galbanum Mandarin Orange

Chanel N°19

Chanel No 19 Poudre Fragrance Reviews

RosieRachel
RosieRachel

So refined, so elegant, so distinct. So beautiful.

At first, I was worried that this perfume would be a little too dated for me, but it really blossoms beautifully on my skin and has changed my mind. Number 19 is such a classic scent. It reminds me of the makeup that mature ladies keep in their handbags, those wonderful compacts and powders and old-fashioned lipsticks. Evidently, this perfume is an extremely powdery iris (especially in the opening), that's a bit formal and cold-smelling. Although I felt quite at home wearing this one because my skin really loved the scent, I do think that some would be put off by its coldness. Develops into something a touch woodier and cleaner in the base, very well-blended and suitable (in my opinion) for any elegant woman of any age. Timeless and sophisticated.

Sillage is soft (I think this would project much more in the warmer months); longevity is for about 7-8 hours.

oblivion
oblivion

I have a complicated relationship with #19 Poudre. I like it much better than the original, it's a lot softer and the opening isn't nearly as chemical but... this is not a comfortable scent. Chanel #19 Poudre is all about power and overwhelming self-confidence. It's like a well made and well taylored business suit which can make you feel very confident at a job interview but won't be comfortable for every day (unless you enjoy wearing business attire). My I-know-what-I'm-doing perfume.

maaja.vaasa
maaja.vaasa

What could I add after so many wounderful reviews! I love how it completely changes from crisp green to a powdery musky and elegant aroma. It surprises me every time I wear it. Ur is as starter chanel for a younger lady or a perfume to choose for a day when you dont want to make a loud statement. It is FEMININE and tender! Love it!

fiouu
fiouu

Between bel respiro, this and chance eau fraiche I picked this one up. Fraiche is too girly, bubbly and mainstream. Bel respiro was out of 75 ml and although I can afford it, I would never have the chance to wear such a classy perfume, it's like a wearable version of n5. I settled for this version of one of my all time favorites. Will update on longevity and sillage.

Promised update: this is definitely one of this candidates for "I cannot believe there is no sandalwood in there!". Lasts throughout six hours, first two with medium projection and then it's a citrus based powder skin scent. It's very floral compared to the edt (I don't know about the reformulation, I have a vintage edt). Some creamy goodness in here! A very well executed modern take on the Original edt. I'll be using this for spring along Dahlia Noir (Givenchy). My dad jokes that I've been a powder bomb this last two months, but omg, they are soooooooooooooo gooooooood
New update: this has grown a lot on me lately, When sprayed on clothes and hair, it lasts until you wash it off. Whenever I get very stressed at work or I feel overwhelmed I spritz some of Poudre and instant calmness ensues. Very comforting and a wonderful year round perfume. I cannot get enough, I've been using this non stop until this last week (I've been wearing Kelly Caleche) and barely made a dent on the bottle.
I also found the White musk to be very well behaved, usually I try to avoid perfumes that contain musk because it turns awful and skanky on my skin. Here it's clean and cozy. I find it over all, very coy and intriguing.

31-jul-2015
A few days ago I was completely depressed and bummed out, I was wearing Viva la Juicy, I was feeling so uncomfrotable and out of place. What a disgusting perfume. So I sprayed this on top and lo an behold... IT SMELLED GOOD! mind you it's winter here in Argentina, and 19 and 19 Poudre behave weirdly in this weather when worn alone. Thankfully this added an amazing twist and depth to that glorified sweet toilet water.
Nothing but absolute respect for this version of 19! As it was stated below me, 19 won't share no inch of skin... I cannot even wear the EDT with Poudre... But Poudre is more forgiving and adjusts well to layering.

oks-oks
oks-oks

First sharp, green and crisp notes, then iris and then dry down of musk and tonka beans balanced with vetiver. I have not been so fond of green notes for years now but I love Chanel 19 Poudre. Could never like original Chanel 19, it seems just too sharp and green for me.

Chanel 19 Poudre is perfectly balanced and blended, very elegant, chic and classy perfume. It's not cold, it's aloof and keeps to herself. The musk in 19 Poudre is perfect. It's not suffocating cheap musk you can find in almost every mass market fragrance now. Here the musk plays only a supportive part helping the dry down softly melt into your skin. Great!

As for Prada Infusions de Iris and Chanel 19 Poudre comparison, there is some resemblance but they are yet quite different. Poudre is greener and Prada is more floral, to put it simple.

mrsg34
mrsg34

Fresh and crisp on first spray in a nice way then subtle and powdery on dry down.Reminds me at first of Infusion d'iris which I love, but without the mossy background which I also love.There's just something about chanel bottles that I like, they look classy and this is no exception with it's frosty lid and square bottle.So to me it's a classy, powdery iris scent with a touch of chanel no 19 and I like it :)

jacmac
jacmac

too grassy, sharp and bitter for me. Smells good about 2 hours in, but I'm not that patient to put up with the smell until then. The top notes almost remind me of urine, lemongrass, and hay. By the time the musk and iris have taken over, it's much better, and the musk/iris/jasmine was still faintly noticeable 12 hours in, but I just can't bring myself to enjoy the first hour or 2, and nobody in my family likes it either. If you want a more wearable citrus, stick with Mademoiselle EDP or even Chance Eau Vive if you want a loud citrus, but that one is a one note mandarin orange bomb to me. No. 19 and 19 Poudre remind me of Versace Versense, which I also find too sharp for me.

kim_klaus
kim_klaus

The most favourite Chanel I fully enjoy and adore, leaving behind even the fine exclusive's. Also my "don't know what to wear" companion.

Creamy, velvety, light green and crispy like a beautiful morning with the first rays of the sun.

Gives a pure, clean ultra-feminine sensation to the lady wearing it. Perfection it is!

valenceis
valenceis

Ah, yum.

This stuff makes me want to pump my fist in the air and stomp around with excitement. I want to spray it on my bed sheets and jump around violently before rolling around in it, twisting the sheets around me to near suffocation.

I ignored this one for a long time. I like some flankers, but it just didn't appeal to me. A couple of weeks ago I was passing through Saks and I said to myself, "I wonder what overpriced garbage they have at the perfume counter". There I was, tiptoeing around the SAs, spraying test strips and trying to hide my grimace for fear it may be interpreted as a cry for help.

I sprayed no. 19 Poudre on a test strip and immediately shook my head in approval. Not bad, not bad. I put the strip in my bag to sniff later (I was testing 24 Faubourg on my wrists with underwhelming results). I had the card up to my face the whole drive home. When I got home I was still mmmmmm-ing and hmmmmm-ing over it. I said to myself, holy crap I've got to have this. It's slightly green, snappy, a little bit dry thanks to the galbanum. It's also clean and powdery; not baby powder, fantasy magic powder - think Guerlain Meteorites. The iris isn't moody, it's just mellow and subtle. Gentle, pretty, understated. The vetiver adds just a hint of naughty underpants-ness, a la Bandit. I am a believer.

Now, Chanel, Saks, I don't have a problem with you. I considered going back or ordering directly from Chanel (the temptation is too great to also buy a lip gloss here, a night creme there...). But I have an ebay addiction. Poor SAs. But if we're being entirely honest, Saks doesn't carry the unpopular after-market gems I usually want in the first place. Anyway, I snapped this up and it is everything I could ever want.

It does have a little bit of what I like to call "mall musk"; that synthetic musk that many modern perfumes have as a base, but thankfully it doesn't dry down as such.

TIP: This perfume is very sensitive. If you have sprayed anything on yourself or are wearing any lotion with even a hint of gourmand within 24 hours of spraying this, it completely changes the drydown, so beware. This perfume does not play well with others, it wants to be alone.

But anyway, I love it! I love it.

yourfriendmarito
yourfriendmarito

This is what they did to my wonderful No 19. They have put a ton of musk and rounded the edges. The result is really beautiful! I wore it last summer. It was my daytime fragrance. It lasts forever and it is very natural and powdery. It remembers me of icing sugar. To be honest, it is a bit too feminine for a man, I have given it to my mom, a 70 years old who enjoys it. I note that several persons find similarities with infusion d'iris from prada. That is true, however, No 19 poudre has a lot of sillage and the longevity is exceptional. It also shares similarities with Misia, but it is way better IMHO, as Misia smells a bit cold. No 19 Poudre is sensuous, voluptuous. I think that this is the last chef d'oeuvre from Jacques Polge, and a beautiful legacy to the Chanel Line!

Mmclean
Mmclean

This is from a spary card sample. Started off really soft and pretty but then turned way too powdery for me, (you would think the"poude" would have tipped me off). I really did enjoy the opening green notes and flowers, but I feel that I liked the No 19 EDP better. I don't think I would purchase this but I did like smelling it! A chanel parfum for sure.

polly golightly

uno dei pochi chanel che riesco ad indossare senza conseguenze nefaste sull'umore. simile al classico no. 19 per le sue note verdi e frizzanti, se ne differenzia per le note polverose di iris, e per il sillage, molto ridotto, che ne fa, nel complesso uno skin scent. come molti hanno osservato l'impressione generale si pone a metà strada tra lo chanel no. 19, appunto, e il prada infusion d'iris. non solo questo, però. la fragranza si apre con note di carota, assai verdi, che si assestano su iris e neroli. l'evoluzione conduce verso un fondo lievemente resinoso e muschiato, che conserva ancora l'impressione verde e polverosa dell'inizio. la persistenza, piuttosto scarsa, ne fa quasi una colonia, adatta a temperature alte. buono.

samlovefragrance
samlovefragrance

As a N.19 fan, the poudre doesnt push my buttons when it comes to green, bracing and sharp. Instead the poudre can fit the bill when a musky powdering comforting scent is required, with a green touch.

The poudre opens with a soft galbanum neroli accord, the closest part to the original, and then only grows more different, soft, white musk and iris. Intimate and meditative but shouldnt bear the name N.19 and the coldness it implies.

scent: 7/10
longevity: 4/10
sillage: 4/10

Milk&Belladonna
Milk&Belladonna

Today after work I went loitering to my local perfume shop. I tested two things I have previously never tried. Chanel No.19 Poudre and a Dior. Both are still (4,5 hours later) here on my wrists and I love them, I just can´t remember which one the Dior was, so will have to go back and track it down. Because these two are going into my perfume arsenal.

The Chanel is so lovely, so perfectly done I could cry. It is a scent you can marry and settle down with. This is the kind of scent you could just stick to and never look for anything else (well, I am greedy for perfumes, so that won´t likely happen to me), it will never be boring or possibly even go out of style. It has classic appeal. It is elegant, smells clean and - no surprise here - powdery. The iris note is delicious.

I´ve needed a scent like this in my life!

xrayer
xrayer

Archivist's review of this is spot on. The original No 19 is way too sharp and green on me but this is heaven in a bottle! Sparkling crisp opening which fades to a soft slightly sweet iris powder. Longevity isn't amazing but the top notes are so beautiful it's not exactly a hardship to reapply. This along with No 5 eau premiere (original) are my favourites from Chanel and I have been sure to stock up on both while I can!

yuugainotenshi
yuugainotenshi

No 19 Poudre is quite pretty and delicate on my skin, this scent makes me feel put together. Bright green and fresh! However, this fragrance is not dramatically powdery on my skin at all considering poudre is in it name I expected a bit more. The iris here is a lot less dominant that the one in Infusion D’ Iris. Iris is present but not the star of the show like the galbanum which is strong, quite bright, and slightly sharp when the fragrance first opens. It takes about an hour for it to settle down before I start to distinctly smell the iris, which is blended hints of jasmine, a clean white musk, and has a bit of the tonka sweetness in the drydown. Overall I do enjoy this Chanel quite a lot, but I do prefer Infusion D’ Iris a bit more. No 19 Poudre maintains the classic sparkle of the Chanel DNA, and this scent is quite easy to wear.

One thing I really wish was better is the strength and the longevity. I get about 4-5 hours of wear before it practically completely fades from my skin, and also have to spray quite liberally too! No 19 Poudre is a fragrance I find perfect if you work in a professional setting where stronger scents, might not be welcomed. This is a fragrance is for people who are looking for something light, soft, and delicate to wear that makes them feel good about themselves. Overall a great fragrance that would easily be a love for me if it did not have longevity issues…

archivist
archivist

Note: this is currently $122 direct from Chanel or any major department store (for the 3.4 oz EDP) and ebay BIN prices are around $90+; the $30 in savings doesn't seem sufficient to warrant the risk of getting a fake or watered-down bottle, plus if you order from Chanel you get nice extras and box packaging. All the No. 19 lotions on ebay are more expensive than buying directly from Chanel. Weird.

I didn't really care for Prada Infusion d'Iris - it's not that I didn't like it, it was fine, I just didn't connect with it. I tried it on and said "Oh, that's nice" and then forgot about it. I think I tested it three or four times without realizing I'd already tried it before because it just didn't leave any kind of impression on me. I gave the minis and samples of it that I got in swaps to my little nieces to play with, because it was that harmless. So I never got around to trying No. 19; everyone said it was like the Prada Infusion d'Iris, so it didn't seem worth the bother.

Plus, I love galbanum. Love. It. Definitely one of my absolute favorite things. I wasn't sure 19 without the galbanum made a lot of sense. Reviews were saying that the galbanum was gone (spoiler alert: it's not gone, I should have sampled before believing it). I do sincerely wish the vetiver, orange, and neroli topnotes had a longer skin life because that opening is to die for. I'm going to try layering it with No. 19 EDT. I love the middle and drydown too, and after reading that reapplying (basically layering another spritz over a the first when it has dried) extends the middle substantially, and I found that worked great.

I do love Chanel No. 5 Eau Premiere, and my bottle of that is running low. I was trying to decide whether or not to repurchase, and the tall bottles (the version I like) were awfully easy to fake because there was no etiquette sticker for the counterfeiters to worry about. I bought my Eau Premiere from the Chanel website when I made my annual powder compact purchase. I'm kind of burned out on trying to sift through ebay bottles to find authentic Chanels, so when I encountered some people talking about 19 Poudre in a discussion of Eau Premiere, I thought I should really try it out. I got a bottle purchased from Bloomie's in Atlanta (with the itemized receipt) so I know it's real.

So that's the backstory.

Now: I love this. I love this more than Eau Premiere. Every once in awhile I come across a perfume that makes me feel like I should sell half my collection and just get more bottles of that perfume. Maybe because it's a super hot day, maybe it's just where my head is right now, but I am feeling Chanel No. 19 Poudre so hard right now. I don't see myself ever reaching for 5 if 19 is on the dressing table. I am going to put mine up for swap.

I tried vintage No. 19 and it truly was way too sharp for me. This one is crisp and soft at the same time, really exactly the olfactory equivalent of old-school bed linen, the kind that has substance and weight and flaps like a galleon sail when you're making the bed, the kind that gets better with time. It is clean and perfectly balanced, it says "I have my act together" without being too brisk or brusque. It is just soft enough to feel kind instead of cold. Some perfumes are so soft and squishy and cuddly that they have an almost neotenizing effect, like being followed around by that fabric softener bear all day. And that's great some days, I have more than one bottle like that.

This one is probably more conducive to getting stuff done.

The unfortunate part is that the levity and breeziness comes at the price of longevity; frequent reapplication will mean going through it as if it were a bottle of eau fraiche. This is getting to be a plain fact of life with Chanel fragrances. The exclusifs perfumes are barely as strong as EDPs were 10 years ago, the EDPs are barely the EDTs of 10 years ago, and honestly - this EDP seems to pass as quickly as an EDC. It definitely doesn't last as long as the Guerlain Chant d'Aromes EDT that I've got going on another arm. The longevity is a real bummer, but I like it so much that it's not a deal breaker. Chanel is kind of cruel like that.

paranoidandroid
paranoidandroid

A brightly lit advertisement for the original No. 19 seen through the wet, misty wisps produced by a smoke machine.

Modern musky green. Had someone created an "Infusion d'galbanum" - this would be it. Oh wait - that exists too (Maison Martin Margiela's untitled)! So yes- triangulate between the visual, MMM's Untitled and the ultra-modern squeaky clean feel of Infusion d'Iris - and you have this fragrance.

Lovely neroli note. The musks are exquisite. The galbanum and iris are in a smooth harmony with not a single seam showing. Works brilliantly on spring/summer mornings. There is even a slightly curious note of "dirty/unwashed hair" which might be an aspect of one of the musks. Perhaps a costus like effect - offers an edge to what otherwise might be too pretty and bland.

All that said- I can't help but imagine this is not the cleverest thing that has come out of Chanel. It has all the elegance- but not much intellect or humor. A bit vapid - and dare I say it - banal. Exquisitely banal. Similar problems plague Bleu and some other recent Chanels.

A.M.H.2
A.M.H.2

This was my choice for summer and what a chic decision I have made! Chanel No. 19 poudre is such a classy and elegant head turner! A statement maker! It's for a tres chic and confident female. You honestly have to be well dressed and on par when you wear this beauty! Just imagine a summer holiday spent at an uber chic destination with lots of beautiful and elegant people around! Voilà that's where and how you represent this beauty ;) I also need to mention that it's a clean green crisp citrus scent to me, smells devine in the summer heat especially daytime when you're dressed up in crisp white.

chanka
chanka

hmm first chanel that I like
opening is not nice to me .. exactly like chanel 19
then it change to powdery scent , very nice expensive powder but after 1h powder scent goes away and then what remain is some scent like those when you enter to perfumery shop sweet, sour lot of scents mixed together .. at list on my skin
I really like this powdery scent not a dry down
but nice but anyway very nice perfume

leschoux
leschoux

Ah, Chanel, you've done it again. I'm always intrigued by the complexity of Chanel perfumes and always mesmerised by their elegance. No 19 Poudre is the younger sister of No 19, and I have to say that I love the Poudre better.

I've always liked No 19 but at the same time I've always thought that it's rather harsh. Being an avid fan of Coco Mademoiselle, switching to No 19 was not an easy thing and I was reluctant to splurge on No 19 as I'm not even sure I could wear it properly. The thing with Chanel perfumes is that they are very peculiar and statement-making--if you have no idea how to wear them they will wear you instead, and this is not what I want from my perfumes.

Enter No 19 Poudre. The poudre version is, as expected, much milder and much less harsh compared to the original No 19. First blast is still very harsh green but it quickly turns into this very delectable and soft powdery scent. It's insane how the initial grassy notes could give such a different drydown. Earthy, woody and almost creamy, No 19 Poudre is like No 19 that has been 'softened' with dreamy, dewy notes. Out of all the notes I love the drydown the most, although it's the top notes that exude the Chanel core.

Sillage is rather weak for a Chanel perfume but still good. Longevity, too, is not as good as the other Chanel perfumes but it doesn't leave much to be desired as it is. I'm very into the drydown so I wish the drydown would last longer and be stronger but alas, this is a softer perfume and it may be better that way as I apparently wear the softer fragrances much better.

Overall, this is a marvellous spin-off of the original No 19 and whilst No 19 is much more sassy than this, No 19 Poudre is still the clear winner for me as it's more agreeable and less head-turning than the original No 19. This is a very wearable perfume and if you're into green, modest and earthy scent, try this out. You might just have found your next obsession.

vos
vos

love, love ,Love it. The first chanel fragrance that suits me. The older ones have to much aldehydes and the newer concoctions simply do not apeal to me when going by the notes. It is somehouw very french ,very chique with the more soft pouwder/iris to cut through the galbanum. I even like the jasmin wich in heavy doses make my nose detect a urine note. Not so in this version. It is subtle and mingles with the vertyver and musk. Very much a skinscent but it lasts a long time.

22Sasa22
22Sasa22

I love love love the smell especially the crisp beginning, I bought a full bottle,,

I really wish it didn't fade so soon. You should be aware that this perfume is very light and fades really quickly. Not a " look at me" perfume. It's basically a body scent. I would compare it to yves rochers body splashes.

I don't regret paying it's price as I really like it. If you don't mind spraying all day long, go ahead and buy it ;)

woodlandwalk
woodlandwalk

I can see I'm not alone in finding that this immediately reminds me of Infusion d'Iris - gentle, elegant, powdery with the sense of a warm, perfumed woodland breeze.

The drydown is sweeter though, with a sweet musk (possibly synthetic white musk?)

To me, Poudre doesn't really say No 19, as much as make a statement that Chanel were here first, and they're right! - it's why I immediately liked Infusion d'Iris, which reminded me of No 19.

Poudre is pretty, softer than No 19 Parfum and Eau de Toilette. There's less iris/orris in this than there is the parfum. But in general, I'd wear Infusion d'Iris rather than Poudre, as I'm not so keen on the sweeter dry-down.

But I can see what Chanel were getting at - here's a contemporary version of No 19, and let us not forget that Chanel (or perfumer for Chanel, Henri Robert) was here first in the 70s with this ground-breaking cool green floral. This is a softer version though, maybe more appealing to younger women? All depends on taste.

I still think that the Parfum and Eau de Toilette are the Queens of green though!

Sillage soft, longevity a few hours till it dries down to light musky skin-scent

ellina1984
ellina1984

Very green opening, which is no-no for me, because I don't like green notes, and bitterness from the neroli. And yet the top notes dissipate within minutes, and there's gorgeous, feminine, slightly flowery, powder. It does remain a "green" powder, but the green element is very toned down, just serving in giving the powder a lighter aspect. I smell jasmine and rose - the Chanel way - , but they are not in the pyramid. I want this very badly!
EDIT: Yes, it does remind me of Infusion d' Iris, but IDI emits a cold feeling. 19 Poudre is softer, warmer, creamier somehow, and more flowery. I wouldn't wear IDI but I'm in love with this.
EDIT 2: This is very very close to infusion d' iris eau de parfum absolue. It's stilll more floral than IDI EdPA, but if I fleetingly smelt both I'd have trouble telling the difference. This is more elegant. but still, very close!

LadyPilot
LadyPilot

Chanel 19 Poudre is the closest to wearable in the whole No 19 range. It's really like powder - unfortunately old powder. I love all the notes listed here but they make a combination that eventually smells like an old wardrobe filled with old clothes, furs and naphtaline, only less sharp than original No 19. There is nothing green or fresh about it, only some bitter, aldehydic powder. I wish it smelled as beautiful as it looks!

Bloodlust
Bloodlust

Chanel No. 19 Poudre has a special place in my heart. My mother is a very big No. 19 (original) wearer, and while I've tried that scent MANY MANY times, it's one that I just can't stomach. The 'Poudre' rendition is a little more tailored to my preferences, and still reminds me enough of her signature scent to feel close to her, without being choked by the GREEN overdose! While this isn't a scent that I would wear *out* very often, because it's pretty far out of my comfort zone, I'm absolutely in love with it for sentimental reasons, and it's definitely one "for me".

No. 19 Poudre is reminiscent of what it smells like walking through a department store during the big Christmas rush as a kid - a mix of peppery 'fumes, powdery 'fumes, and aldehylic floral 'fumes. I get lots of different nuances from this scent, but in the end, the drydown is powdery green comfort. Sophisticated, without being overbearing - and clean, without being overly soapy.

No. 19 Poudre feels like the epitome of class, and I think it's a much-needed elegant scent in my collection!

DragonflySparrow
DragonflySparrow

(Purchased two small sample spray vials from Ebay and just sprayed on my neck.) At first spray, you get a boozy powdery scent, with a hint of green which is quite pleasing, especially if you're a powder fan (I know I am). There is a soft woody aroma that arrives soon after it settles on the skin, and the soft roundness comes from the "Chanel" part.. Iris and musk, I'm guessing? Surprisingly, I LOVE this! I usually can not wear Chanel, the flowers are too much. Chanel No 19 Poudre is not a "sweet" fragrance, not too "baby powder" and not too "green", but it does have a neutral clean floral aroma at dry-down (but not too soapy either... am I making any sense? ^_^ ). It's a great balance and very clean without any harsh ends. Approachable and safe for an elegant evening or, if sprayed lightly on clothes only, this can be a great skin scent / office scent. Especially if you want a long-lasting just-outta-the-shower-unoffensive fragrance, but want it all day long. Because of the similarities, I have to compare it to Prada's Infusion d'Iris: In comparison, I'd say this one is a "warmer", cozier scent, whereas Prada Infusion d'Iris is "colder" and milkier. Where Poudre is a warm, cozy, fuzzy sweater by the sweet-burning fireplace at a ski resort, Prada Infusion d'Iris is like being outside of the cabin, wearing a cashmere sweater in the snow with no coat (but your hair looks awesome!). It depends on your tastes as to which appeals most to you, of course. Personally, I like No. 19 Poudre better. It has this.. warmth that d'Iris can't seem to fulfill. I wear this when my usual Jovan White Musk just isn't enough, or in the evening on a night out when I just need some clean elegance to my wardrobe. LOVE. Love. LOVE. Try it if you like clean, powdery, creamy luxurious elegance.

***UPDATE*** If you pair this with Serge Lutens Clair de Musc ... PURE MAGIC. If I could eat my arm off, I would have. SO YUM! Turns this powdery pleasure into a gourmand delight. It is sublime and is very custom.. I had people all day asking me what I was wearing and told me I smelled like "heaven". ^_^

StopHammertime
StopHammertime

On paper this smells like Infusion D'Iris, but a version I would actually wear. I LOVE this perfume. Must try on skin!

EDIT: I got a good sized decant to test on skin. I am still REALLY enjoying it. The opening has a strange green sour/tanginess that I don't like at all [possibly the neroli, I hate that note], but that goes away after about 5 minutes. The drydown is powdery, soapy, and fresh. LOTS of the beautiful iris. I think I might grant this my official bedtime perfume, it is very cozy. The lasting power is very sad though - 2 to 3 hours. Sillage is nothing crazy but it is good for this kind of fragrance. I get occasional wafts of it for the first couple hours, when I am moving around, so I'm sure if you walk past someone they would get a little of it. I stand by my earlier statement, this is everything I wanted Infusion D'Iris to be! This works perfectly with my skin chemistry. This is now my 2nd favorite Chanel, next to the Chance EDT :)

Side note, I love the Miss Havisham reference. I don't find it negative at all, I do feel like this is something she would have worn.

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

I have a carded sample of Chanel No 19 Poudre. Having never tried any Chanel fragrances before (*gasp*) I was curious to try this. I enjoy galbanum, don’t mind powder, and am developing a taste for iris. This perfume is quite enjoyable in all arenas.

It starts with a lightly peppery aldehydic note that is quite sharp and “lifting”—that sense that the note is trying to lift you up by your nostrils to some higher plane. Fortunately, that subsided almost immediately and was followed by a very green, stony galbanum note. Think Jacamo Silences only without the same supporting floral notes (no hyacinth, no lily). Very green and quite cool. Then the powder appeared, a talcum floral powder; innocent, clean, fresh, cool. That to me is pure iris; the embodiment of vanity tables and dressing rooms. The powder oscillated back and forth with a more floral scent; I think that was the neroli and jasmine taking turns with the powdery iris. As other reviewers have mentioned, I also got the faintest sense of a warm ghostly sandalwood note trying to peep through, in between the powder and neroli; sandalwood is not listed, but there is something warm here that keeps the perfume from icy green coldness.

This is a lovely fragrance, and would be perfect in the spring; it is sophisticated and charming. Sillage was modest, but longevity only about 2 hours before it faded to near nothing. Something to try for fans of powdery iris and green galbanum

Julie Billi
Julie Billi

I tested 3 perfumes....Chanel Chance eau Fresh, Chanel 19 EDP & this one.
Chanel Chance Eau Fresh was fresh but a bit bitter & masculine for my taste....I liked a lot the 19 EDP but as I am already owning some vintages, I will go to its modern version which is the Poudre!

Green, powdery, clean, pleasant, comfortable perfume makes you feel just got out of the shower! A lovely experience...Reminds me the fresher version of Shalimar Parfum Initital L'eau which I love maybe because of the iris & tonka bean tones!
A "must have" for a modern & sophisticated lady!

Elegant, soft green fragrance. I love it, even if usually I don't like green scents. Maybe I find it nice because it is very gentle. 100% ladylike.

Update: I've tested it again and fallen in love! It's beautiful, balmy scent with a fresh green wave. Perfectly balanced, subtle. My favorite iris!

Update2: Love confirmed. This scent is a perfection, suitable for all seasons.

auroramaria
auroramaria

What a glorious fragrance this is!
So powdery from iris and galbanum it becomes so very elegant.A touch of green leads to a base a musk and tonka.Excellent longevity and medium sillage.
Very chic scent but it requires someone who loves very powdery scents

mamufa
mamufa

i love it so much! Unfortunately I can not afford it right now. I hope one day I will be able to buy it. Beautiful, green skin scent. So delicious and sexy in a quiet seductive way. It settles on me so lovely. Please Santa, bring me a bottle ...

Andorsia
Andorsia

For me this does not work. My chemistry has some serious issues with the classical Chanel scents. When I spray No 19 poudre, it opens with the same dominating note in Youth Dew but not as strong. They don't seem to share any same ingredients though. It's a very dusty, incensy, chypre type effect that subdues in the dry down and turns into a soapy smell. The classical soap kind, sharp and super clean type.

Jose Marcos
Jose Marcos

Just a thought: for the ones affraid either No 19 is too agressive or Poudre too quiet, try to dose them both to suit your own taste. I do that avec No 19 EDP, No 19 EDT and Poudre to fit my mood, and the experience for me and others around is always satistying. Just a tip, just that.

Other mixtures include 31 Rue Cambon and Iris Bleu Gris.

Owlie
Owlie

First, let me say thanks to moani for generously sending me samples so I could get a proper sniff!

When I first sprayed this, it was very green, but within a minute or two, I smelled a waxy, dusty, lipstick type accord--similar to the one I sniffed in HdP Moulin Rouge. At dry down, it does smell kind of like Infusion d'Iris, but in 19 Poudre Chanel replaces the incense and cedar with a healthy dose of clean musk. In my opinion, this makes 19 Poudre less interesting and less addicting than Infusion d'Iris. It's nice, but for me is not full bottle material.

acmetee
acmetee

Upon first spray I was so disappointed. I thought,"so old,yuck!". Like Miss Havisham; bitter, dusty aged and off putting. I still do get a bit of that every time, but it dries down to such a lovely, clean, dry powdery elegant dusting of a scent that it has actually become my current signature. It is as much of a shame to layer Chanel, in my belief, as to use a good single malt to make whiskey sours, but having acknowledged that, it really does layer wonderfully after it's dried past it's prime.

diamondkite
diamondkite

When I wear this i feel like an angel with a halo of iris mist. Powdery and green, sweet and austere, cold but not bitchy. Serge Lutens 'Bas De Soie' is similar but No19 Poudre doesn't have the dandelion stem milk aspect that BDS does.

clausa
clausa

This fragrance is delicious in its opening can smell the iris note that I love and that makes it quite pronounced wonderful, dusty and clean, unfortunately over time the note disappears and is similar to Chanel n aroma. 19 but lowered its duration is soft, I would like it to last longer and do not disappear so fast iris note ..

Egyptian Goddess
Egyptian Goddess

light years better than prada infusion d'iris...this is perfectly calibrated. surprise? no of course not. a masterpiece

wendyangeln
wendyangeln

I was entirely unprepared for how wonderfully this turned out. I have sampled 19 Original at every Chanel counter I have ever been to, and I've always thought, "that's so interesting, but it would be better if it was just a touch softer and not as sharp." Turns out Christopher Sheldrake and Jacques Polge are a pair of MIND READERS because look at what we have here!

On me, the first spray is EXACTLY like 19 Original. Fresh, green and luminous. Then, in ~5 minutes, that beautiful beautiful iris comes out to play. Poudre. Powder. The powdery iris softens that sharp grassy-greenness that 19 has, and turns it into a pillowy soft, fresh, cottony clean beauty. 19 Poudre smells to me like what a clean pillowcase would smell like if your fabric softener was Meadow-scented. It's just so... clean and soft, where the original was quite sharp and crisp. The drydown is creamy-musky-vaguely green. When dry, it's a lovely lovely skin scent - comforting and clean. Ugh, I can't believe this had existed since 2011 and I'm just now getting it. What is my life even about.

I am blown away by this.

It goes without saying, the sillage is moderate (maybe 'demure' is a better word) and the longevity is sufficient but not superb (4-5 hrs), as is true for any Chanel offering, bar Coco. I have no complaints on this front.

This might be the modern no.5. There is a futuristic quality to it, so I feel comfortable saying this might turn out to be a "modern classic". And not that no.5 needs replacing, not at all, but if no.5 is the poster child for the aldehydic complex perfumes of the 20s, then no. 19 Poudre is that for the floral, simple perfumes of the 21st century.

I think I've found the one (either that, or those "new and interesting musks" they discovered, are actually just hardcore drugs. Either way, I'm hooked).

polly golightly

iris e muschio polveroso in primo piano, meraviglia che sa di carota

pinkchevalier
pinkchevalier

Edit: I sprayed it for the first time during a warm spring day and it's lovelier than it was in the fall or winter. It smells almost balmy and warm. The powdery note is enhanced but not in a sweet way, in a green and elegant way.

I went to Saks intent on getting No. 19 because I love green and sharp smelling scents, but I felt that it was too sharp for me so the sales lady recommended the No. 19 Poudre. Although the woody and green notes are still very strong. After the top notes are gone, I get a very "creamy" iris that's sweet - not gourmand sweet or Marc Jacobs sweet but that refined/elegant sense others have mentioned. I think the woods warm up the usually cool Iris here. It's definitely got an aura of powder.

The truth is, I don't love this one but it always smells a bit different each time I wear it. That makes it interesting for me. It's also never cloying or screechy but restrained yet distinct. For me longevity is about 4-5 hours after that it's very faint. As for sillage...it masked very nicely someone's bad BO sitting beside me and for that I give it much credit. I think it's a lovely staple to have for spring/summer.

vongocap
vongocap

Beautiful classy, soft soapy and also easy scent. There's powdery iris, and something of n*19 remains, but this is so much easier to wear. A signature, don't know why it isn't popular as much as many other chanel fragrances..maybe because it arrived somehow late, when other scents started the iris- wave. Well, better for me if not everybody has this, I love it!

smellME
smellME

Finally have this beauty in my collection !
I was puzzled if really getting it due to owning a large bottle of its sibling
-Prada infusion d'Iris...and yeas they are alike.
But I agree with previous reviewer that this at starters is closer to, the Original
Chanel nr .19 than d'iris.
It starts green and juicy with the touch of 19 but after half an hour get warmer and deeper almost creamier than d'Iris ever gets.
I guess that is the galbanum creating that feeling.
The powdery Iris note is what makes them comparable.
I love them both, but maybe this is warm and d'iris is cold.
So even if both are wearable for both sexes,
I guess Poudre is slightly just slightly more female and classy
and d'Iris is more fresh and sporty.
They are really close so if you love one of them
- you probably will love the other one too !
If I could choose one as a gift it would be poudre -
cause this is a high class skinscent !

stromovka
stromovka

Chanel no 19 POUDRE is a mixture between the classic no 19 and Infusion d´iris for me. The head of the perfume is beutiful green - powdery 19-like, then it comes to musks but still with that no 19 notes, which are still well noticeable, the drydown is very similar to Prada IdI.
This frag is beautifull, but fo me it lacks some depth in it.

Mrbigbigtoe
Mrbigbigtoe

I heard this one was sweet. So personally I wouldn't buy a bottle until I sampled it first. I say that because I'm a man, but not a gay man lol.

I have the No 19 EDP and I LOVE it.
So if it smells similar, I might try it, but I'm still worried.

4scents
4scents

Elegance in a bottle that is so Chanel, I love it! This is a very non complicated perfume considering how many different musks are used in it's make up. Perfect for everyday use for spring/summer.. stunning subtle gorgeous green notes that unfolds very gently. This version of No 19 beautifully done!

Revontuli
Revontuli

What a lovely surprise... I was on a hunt for Allure Sensuelle or Coco in an auction website.Instead, I ended up blindbuying No 19 Poudre: It wasn't in my wish list, not even somewhere on my mind. But I just couldn't resist as it was such a bargain... That's fine, I'm not scared of Chanel and I adore Chanel. I have a mini No 19 EdP too and had a good chance of comparing them. The original is definitely not my style as I'm never into green notes but I must say, it smells pure quality. You know that it's a Chanel fragrance. This version, on the other hand, is perfect. I was a bit worried with the green opening but the powder appears very quickly but not taking over the greenness. I really love it. It'd have been a such a mistake if I'd let this go...

SweetChouli

I just love when you go back to fragrance that you havn't worn in a while, either due to having too many or just plain forgetting about it, and it's as if you're experiencing it for the first time all over again! This happened to me recently with No 19 Poudre. I was reminded of the beautiful crisp green opening, the earthy and rich galbanum and that wonderful powdery Iris, but on a greater level than before! I believe the balmy 45 degree temperature where I live contributed to this enhancement. Every part seemed more pronounced, healthier and full of life. I've worn it in the heat of summer and the bitter cold of winter and my conclusion now is that the climate really does affect how it will smell on your skin. This beauty is at its fullest potential when the air is moist and the temperature is neither too hot nor too cold. Come Spring I'll be taking full advantage of the rain with my No 19 Poudre!

MandiPants85
MandiPants85

Beautiful mature scent, not sure I would spend money on it cause it kind of reminds me of days with my maternal grandma, but it is a nice scent. My husband loves it, I find it smells like a nice soap/talcum poweder. Not sure if I could justify $80 for 50 ml...

Dominic80

I am really sorry dear Irinka, but that is your verdict!
MINE IS JUST THE OPPOSITE!
Prada is just bland, delicate and pretty, but, without lasting power, weak sillage, and, most of all no character whatsoever!
How could you even compare this erotic, powdery masterpiece with that watered down version of a silver iris gone to the clowds?
This poudree is simply divine. Sexy, but so incredibly classy, at any time and place.
A real lady would wear this, a femme fatale would want this at every hour, and, Lolita or Marilyn Monroe smelled like this, like gorgeous, romantic, and luminous women! Shimmering under the moon, or glowing under the sun! The drydown is simply intoxicating, so lovely.. it makes my head spin, i love this perfume! It's the quintessential Classic Chanel doing Iris to perfection, fearless, snd yet emotional, simply beautifully and intense like a glamour that is in the lady who wears it, and, not built in! This is the divine side of the moon, the temptation, that blue note in the deep and mysterious glance of a woman who really knows what she wants, how to carry it, and, yes, maybe even how to seduce without trying that hard, because she is just it, and this carnal masterpiece just enhances the eternal feminine beauty, it is a poem to the beauty of all women, and their vulnerable side that is as brittle as it is piercing. Forget PRADA, please,QUATARKIND, and go for this formidable scent! Which by the way has of course phenomenal but never cloying sillage and lasting power. Unique.

Irinka Popova
Irinka Popova

yesterday was THE BIG day for me finally to test this...because i love Infusion d'iris for me were very intriguing to see what's happpen here...and...THE WINNER IS PRADA INFUSION D'IRIS!!!was the answer of my body chemistry...more longlasting,more classy and after 6 h still sitting quite on my skin!!!just n.19 poudree was gone.like everything that i test from CHANEL,so sad...but i still appreciate the brand and this will be forever!!!

qatarkind
qatarkind

Please may anyone tell me the differences between this one and prada infusion diris because I want to buy one of them. Tell about the smell the sillage and the longevity.

This perfume is powdery and old-fashioned. It feels like sitting in an elegant boudoir and putting make up on. Or visiting an antique shop and getting many inspirational ideas.
That's the word that I would describe it with - inspirational.
It has a little bit of freshness in it, but not so much as No. 19. So, this one is the one I like better.
Immortal elegance.

Dominic80

I just don't get the comparison with Prada's infusion of Iris, a delicate, but very bland iris!
This a miracle! So powdery, and, so sexy... I wanna keep on smelling it.. or sniffing it on the gorgeous linens after a romantic night spent awakened and sensual under the moon..

Bluemarinejosephine
Bluemarinejosephine

The Chanel No 19 Poudre is a softer and greener, more youthful version of the original Chanel No 19 which was launched in 1971.

The original Chanel No 19 is a sharp, green, woody floral perfume, what I call a “wake me up” scent. The basic ingredient I feel in the original No 19 is iris, a flower that does not smell floral but, woody and leathery instead. The perfume is balanced to a feminine feel with jasmine and rose while vetiver gives a fresh, green hint.

Chanel No 19 is by no means a girly perfume; yet, the Chanel No 19 Poudre is.

The Poudre was released on August 19th (2011), as a tribute to the date of Chanel’s birth. The Chanel No 19 Poudre is less green and has no leathery feel, it is not sweet (neither is the original No 19) and is not as tough as the original is. It bares a resemblance to the original one in the opening but it later transforms into a powdery musk scent.

The good thing about the Poudre is that it is versatile. One can wear it day or night, in the office or at a night out, and it suits all ages. It also has that element of soapiness (like many Chanel perfumes have).

It is a wearable fragrance with rather poor longevity and sillage.

All in all, it is an okay fragrance… But it didn’t rock my world.

Enjoy the perfume quest!

incrediblemelk
incrediblemelk

Tried this on yesterday after much anticipation. At first it smelled exactly like regular No. 19 – very green and acerbic – which is what I don't like about the original. But then it settled luxuriously into a warm iris fragrance that is, as others have noted, very much like Infusion d'Iris. That's fine by me, because I love that scent. I have to say I prefer the Infusion d'Iris drydown to this, which was quite sweet and insipid on me. I have (and love) Eau Premiere but I wasn't reminded of it in this perfume.

I'd happily wear this if it were a gift, but at crazy Chanel prices (and a little too niche to attract discounted prices online), I think I'd rather just buy Infusion d'Iris.

baiba_pukite
baiba_pukite

I got a full bottle of this treasure for 30 $, can You believe it? And - I almost swapped it for Viva la Juicy.. Thank God I decided to try it on my skin again. Did not work on my skin in summer at all but now.. it is just magical! I'm not a fan of green, grassy etc. fragrances but this one is an exception. I have never smelled anything this beautiful! It has this vintage aura but feels young and soo elegant.. Love it!

kxnaiades
kxnaiades

It starts off as a fresh green and white floral scent. I think the bitter opening throws many people off this scent. Perseverance pays off and it evolves into a different beauty, a powdery and musky drydown. It does not smell exactly alike but it reminds me very much of Tauer's Pentachords White in the drydown. I keep thinking orris root but there's none listed here so I assume it's a mixture of tonka/iris/musk that gives the same vibe. It took me a year to decide between No. 19 and No. 19 Poudre and I'm happy with my decision to buy this beauty instead of the original, the powder just appealed to me more. Sillage remains quite close and longevity good, over 6 hours but always staying inobtrusive.

SweetChouli

I must retract my previous statement. After finishing off a sample of this, I had grown very fond of its resinous, powdery, green accords and had to have a bottle! It resembles Infusion D'Iris Absolue but is different enough that I can justify owning both. Because of the underlying warmth of this fragrance, I think it would work well in the fall and winter as well as the spring. This isn't a summer scent for me personally, but it definetly could be worn year round and do just fine. I am starting to rediscover Chanel as a perfume house and remember now why I fell in love with them to begin with. Their creations are the epitome of elegance and class.

Kelle
Kelle

Really love the depth, sophistication and lack-of-frills of this. Mature and comfortably female vibe. If I had to come up with an image: a confident and relaxed woman in a pencil skirt.

jesseg
jesseg

very green openingin with the first spray, few minutes later you find iris and violet entering giving you a powdery aura...its beautiful in that stage...few minutes later i couldnt smell it, the weird thing is after 15 more minutes it came back again, then it disappeared for few more minutes....we stayed like that for 3 hourstill it dissappeared and never came back....i will try again sooon and update...but i think this perfume will bloom in warm and hot weather

Red Rose
Red Rose

To those who think that this fragrance smells identical to lace by Yardly are mistaken. I still remember lace as it was one of my teenagehood perfumes. As I recall it, it was something very close to a high end hair spray, this chanel poudre is closer to beauty powder or something. I tried it once & didn't like it. I may consider trying it again but not any sooner cause it doesn't smell special & is way too expensive for what it really is.

HazelMae
HazelMae

An interesting addition to the dialogue on No. 19 EDT's association with power suits and boardrooms; if grey cubicle walls had a smell, they would be the iris and white musk accord in No. 19 Poudré. So why isn't this terrible? A sparkling green peeks through a low door in the cubicle wall, like a sprite luring corporate office dwellers to frolic by the spring. I am forced to admit it makes sense as a witty update to the original.

Prada's Infusion d'Iris is rather similar, so if this theme interests you, wear-test both to see which you prefer.

Jellybean
Jellybean

Classic vintage powder!
Stronger at initial sniff, however once it bonds with the skin it truly shines!
Lovable for my powdery insatiable olfactory appetite. It softens and it remains present, discretely there for you to enjoy all of it.
Clean and dry and great choice for a long day where you want to smell your best. This scent takes me back. Classy, elegant and feminine. Also what I like about this, it has a dimension, it's deeper, complex and sniffing it several times, I swear I smelled couple of variations of this scent. And that's the beauty of this fragrance, it gets you thinking and your mind going. Inspiring and evolving. Powder-resin-spice-aldehyde, it's multidimensional and worth it!

SayakaP
SayakaP

This was my Wedding Day scent.
This is elegant & ladylike. Its rounded greenness was perfect for our cozy beach wedding.
Really, the balance of greenness & powderyness is uncanny!
Even in dry down I can sence a hint of green in it.

This fragrance, to me, smells like CONTENTMENT.
If Poudre is a person, she is saying "I've got it all. It's my turn to give now."

Maybe this is why this smells motherly. Calming and welcoming.

This is not my signature scent, because I usually want to smell like a Woman, not a Mother. (I usually wear No.5 ---- scent of a woman)
When someone needs comfort around me I choose to wear this one.

bambinoo
bambinoo

Between all Chanels, this is the one and only.
First minutes smells like medicine and something old from the past.
But than I can;t get enough of this lingering beauty which seeks me and than hides on my skin. But it never breaks faith with me. It stays and comes with greeny notes, wet woody notes from vetiver, I smell also hints of something vanillic and milky and of course iris which is powdery and "ripe" here.
If smelt not straight from my wrist but from the cloud around me - it;s like vanilla icecream with green touch.
Am I crazy? Yes, maybe, but it;s probably that I;m head over heels in love with this.
I;m not 20 yet but I think it suits me and I feel like a young MADAME. (not this sctrict wrinkled lady) I put my trenchcoat, high-heels, make my hair and put a big smile on my face. Feel like I can play, seduce, have fun, but on the other hand sometimes stay home cuddle up in a sweater, cook for family members, read a book, whatever...I feel so good. What;s better than to feel good yourself. My 1st Chanel puts me in this mood and therefore biggest THANKS to Chanel house! :-) It;s pricey but worth it.

SweetChouli

I've never tried the original 19, but I quite like this version. It's elegant and poise and not at all stuck up. It's a friendly fragrance, but also a bit shy. I'd have to be in the right mood to wear this because I am more into loud, robust orientals with dark edges. I could see myself wearing this from time to time, but not often enough to own a full bottle. It's a very pretty and girly scent.

lafefe
lafefe

This is the only CHANEL that I like and enjoy, fresh and powdery at the same time, a smoother version of the Infusion d'Iris by Prada.
All the other CHANEL are a big NO for me.

arxsyn

Update: i have found that if i wear both no 19 and no 19 pourdre together it gives me such an aura!

I gave it another go and experimented with a spritz on my neck and lower torso with the edp. Next I sprayed the pourde version much more generously on my exposed arms as the jus is really quite weak even though it is supposedly in edp concentration.

I have learned from the internet that vintage no 19 had an iris overdose. The pourde has that gorgeous dominant iris that everyone admires but fades after a time in a very linear fashion and the drydown is less than spectacular. That's where the edp comes in. It actually gets stronger over time and is very long lasting, and the drydown has character. I figure they could compliment each other in supportive roles...

I couldn't really smell myself to see how this experiment worked out. Turns out it workedgreat. A lady offered a free makeover and i accepted. After she finished she said i smelled niceis it Chanel? Yes it is. Despite being a wearer o 19 herself she didn't know what i was wearing so it was the Pourdre she smelled. After telling her it was a flanker of 19, she said it really suits me.

I continued to shop, and i could finally smell whiffs of perfume.. . And i thought, wow, that smells really good. I knew it was the edp. I used to hate this middle stage of dominatrix proportion in the edp, the PVC leather bound by soapy aldehydes were too harsh and wretched on my skin. Somehow the pourde stuff made everything more genteel with its soft musk. The vetiver was more prominent too which is fantastic because after i got acquainted with it from chanel sycamore can't get enough of it. It has such amazing grounding properties !

All in all, ah-mazing combo! But do i have to get both? I can't just keep draining my funds this way... i feel compelled to get the original edp as it is more complexe and more likely to get reformulated again. I don't know if there willbe anymore oakmoss in it. Over the years they keep reducing it to near zero. The house is phasing it out permanently

ZiZu
ZiZu

I can't really identify all the ingredients by name but I can discern most of the different notes in this perfume. According to my nose, the opening is almost identical or at least very similar to no 19 EDT (haven't tried the EDP). Then the powdery middle notes soon come to differentiate this one. No19 had an intense and raw leathery scent almost immediately after the opening. I can say that I like both of them but poudré is more feminine and warm whereas the original screams cold and rigid, distantly and wildly sexy, almost manly charm. Poudré is more mainstream and easier to wear; no 19 I would wear at work since I am surrounded by mostly male co-workers in order to show I am an equally measurable force, an equal part of the team and not a faint or sweet little girl. The poudré I prefer for my more relaxed personal time with my family and/or friends.

Boudoir
Boudoir

A fantastic modern perfume with a vintage feel.

This stunning composition is a HEAVENLY blend of powdery iris, crisp green notes & delicate white musk. The result is gorgeous! You get a marvelously smooth, crisp and refreshing powdery green floral. It's simply luxurious!

parfumbazon@hotmail.com
parfumbazon@hotmail.com

Um dos melhores perfumes que já provei! Maravilhoso!

biki
biki

There are only 2 Chanels in my wish-to-try list apart from this one. Chanel and me do not seem to have exactly been born for each other which can be proved by this perfume. To me it smells like those big soaps that were used in my country for washing clothes before detergents made their appearance. They attempt to be clean but end up being bland and not fragrant at all. That's what this perfume reminds me of. Surely there are those who find favourable qualities in this perfume and appreciate it for these,but no one should feel angry or offended, it is always good for those who blind by frequently to hear another side. I waited for anything to change in that Chanel but nothing did and my rist was an unwelcoming and unpleasant place to smell. Was mildly disappointed considering that i knew already my poor relations with Chanel creations. Perhaps it is not about a single note,it must be rather about dominating accords that repulses me in this fragrance...

gmstrack
gmstrack

No 19 Poudre Chanel could be the shy, yet talented niece of Chanel 19. Auntie is wealthy (thanks to her own efforts) and has aged quite well; in fact, she takes a young lover from time to time, but never allows herself to be bothered with permanent attachments. Children (and some adults) who read “The Witches” by Roald Dahl cower in terror has she approaches. Her obsessive-compulsive disorder is apparent if one were to inspect her well-kept home: the space between the refrigerator and the wall doesn’t harbor a speck of dust, and of course her lingerie wardrobe is organized and color coded. We will not discuss her Chanel handbag collection. The young niece, on the other hand, is a straight-A student studying art history at NYU and lives in a small bohemian loft. Her elegant, yet relaxed appearance draws everyone who meets her in for a closer look. She has a couple of confidantes whom she shares her bed with, but prefers to maintain friendships instead of settle down. She spends her spare time volunteering at soup kitchens and hanging out with friends at trendy cafes and bars. In spite of her art degree, she knows that she will land a decent job immediately after graduation—auntie will make sure of it.

Mediocre longevity; wears close to the skin; I can’t help but like it. 3.5/5

Cwatson13
Cwatson13

I greatly dislike this scent. Accidentally used it today as I have a sample--grabbed the wrong chanel and poof; I smell like a dozen children are clapping chalkboard erasers together in a room with high school chemists attempting the formation of aldehydes. The name is all too accurate.

This is a lovely scent...for someone else. Give me any of the Coco's and I smell delicious, but Poudre is not for everyone. On a positive, it certainly has staying power. Washed it off twice, applied Coco mmselle, and it is still all I can smell.

canadianpetite
canadianpetite

The first 15 minutes were so beautiful, elegant and lady-like. I would have bought it on the spot. ($95 at The Bay with 10% off special plus I had some credits that would bring it down to $50). I'm glad I waited for the drydown. In the opening, the iris was singing beautifully on my skin. So delicious! After an hour, it's just powder and vetiver with musk. On my arm, there is powder and vetiver. On my decolette, I can only detect iris and maybe galbanum(?). Not discernible from generic drugstore brands. Would have been a waste…and I sprayed eau de parfum. Oh, well. I'll spray again and see if it fares better in the colder months.

One spray on me
Sillage: a foot in the first 30 minutes then skin scent
Longevity: 2-3 hours (fades considerably)
Rating: 4/5 for first 30 minutes, 1/5 until gone

mirisfrik
mirisfrik

Sooo beautiful,fresh and sophisticated at the same time, but unfortunetally, so weak staying power :(.After an hour it was off my skin:( That is really inacceptible for 100ml/100€ fragrance. Luckily I triedit out before buying.

arxsyn

Let me tell you, oh my God I am in love!

The iris in this is so beautiful and genuine. My skin loves it. The powdery quality is very prominent on me. The powder also turns sweet on me, interestingly enough. The scent stays close to skin similar to the dry down of the usual oriental fragrances. Ever soft, sweet sensual and warm. It doesn't have an intense air freshener quality that I despise in Chance

I feel the fragrance is wonderfully blended. The green and woody notes are less prominent and are nearly seamless with the iris musk. I think it's a linear scent, it really doesn't change much over time. And it is far less green and sharp than the original.

This fragrance immediately reminded me of infusion d'iris by prada. The woody facet of vetiver is noticeable at first spritz in tandem with the gorgeous iris.

I have seriously considered both versions of infusion iris and though more affordable in price, Chanel beats them in sophistication and quality. The powder version of infusion is far more powdery with at least 3 different materials of that character and its well blended also. However, there is this annoying (synthetic?) facet of it that I really dislike and it gave me a migraine.
Conclusion: I leave the Prada stuff to AMATEURS

charmedbella
charmedbella

I've been trying to find the right words to describe No 19 Poudre. Let me first start by saying that "green" scents are usually not my thing. I took a risk by blind buying 19 Poudre. But I adore Chanel and wanted to add something different to my fragrance wardrobe.

I find 19 Poudre to be ethereal, delicate, soft, innocent. ladylike, and refined. I love the powder in 19 Poudre. It's beautiful, though I am still getting used to the prominent iris (I'm much more of a jasmine and rose kind of gal). The more I wear it, the more I like it!

I find No 19 Poudre disappears from skin completely within 2 hours and there is definitely no sillage at all, very disappointed. No 19 Poudre would be a great scent to wear in hot, humid weather due to it's softness. I also think this is a very wearable perfume for those in office environments not wanting to offend others with strong sillage-bombs.

EDIT: I wore this to work yesterday. It was extremely hot and humid outside and 19 Poudrè bloomed beautifully in the heat. It was so lovely! Longevity still isn't the best, but it is really a ladylike, sophisticated fragrance!

frag-overdose

It is no doubt,
exquisitely,
Chanel.

Amparo Noir

On my second bottle now! Yeay!
You know, when you love a fragrance, you just love it, and some might wonder why. I myself wonder why too, out of many fragrance, why this one, this iris centered scent happens to be my favorite!

I would buy another for sure, just to keep it, because I know this might be reformulated after many years, or might not be available any longer. Just in case...

diva90403

I have to add couple lines to my last review on this. We are on vacation in Italy now and the temperature is 15 degrees higher than back home when I wrote my initial review. Although I don't smell it myself my husband keeps telling me he can smell it all day long and likes it a lot. It's definitely much nicer in hot temperatures and in combination with sun on my skin. I like it lots now.

mruf1
mruf1

I just received this fragrance from my boyfriend for my birthday. It is so beautiful. The first blast when you spray is absolutely addicting, enticing you to spray again and again with abandon. I thought at first that it wore off in a couple of hours, but I kept experiencing wiffs of it 5 & 6 hours later. The iris is just gorgeous in this fragrance, with a powdery drydown. It is not a heavy fragrance, more ethereal. Perfect Spring time perfume.

The Swedish girl
The Swedish girl

Finally, a NICE one from Chanel! I`ve sniffed through the whole Chanel range now, and hated everything, except this one.

It doesn`t have the normal Chanel traits - bitterness, sharpness, sourness, funkyness....

No, this smells almost exactly like Prada Iris edp, only just a bit smoother, and without the "bonfire" note that Prada has.

No sharp edges, just creamy, vanillic, clean, fluffy teddy bear-y cozyness all over. Crazy expensive though. C R A Z Y. And you can`t find it it any webshops either.

ForrealMe2

Update:so i have had this for a couple of weeks and i retried this one again to see how it is for me now...Oh my goodness! The iris in this is intoxicating..this scent is wonderful..at first the green note was so different for me it was like BAM green plants all up my nose with lovely iris but now that has changed and i have adapted and it doesn't bother me anymore and it is so comforting i can't explain it..i like this soo much when it runs out i may want to move up to the Regular Chanel 19 EDP to see if its a stronger sexier version or at least get another bottle of this stuff...i love this..what a wonderful Chanel fragrance..so soft and feminine!

diva90403

I bought this one straight from reviews and because I found a kind of good deal online. I´m not a big iris fan and get annoyed by iris pretty easy if it`s the main note.For example I get super annoyed by the iris in Aimez - Moi Caron for women. This one is a really nice composition. The iris is not overpowering. It is super fresh, clean, green. It`s perfect for a hot summerday if you like to feel freshly showered for more than just an hour. It is intense. Sillage is heavy on my skin. Yes it is similar to Infusion d'Iris Prada but seems to be way less iris and more powder which I appreciate. It´s a good choice as a daytime go to work scent but I don`t smell anything deep or mysterious which I would need to be able to say it`s worth the money. In my opinion there are less expensive summerday fragrance which give one just the same feeling, Mexx Woman Mexx for women just to name one.
EDIT: on my skin it lasts only about 2 hours. :( max 3

TwilightAngel19
TwilightAngel19

This is my favourite Chanel fragrance. I has this spring, fresh, feel to it. It does make me feel sexy and dreamy. I was skeptical that it would smell the the original No. 19 because it is powdery and I can definitely smell the amazing iris in it, but not too much. I'll be honest: when I first smelled this...I was like, "Hmmm...smells so familiar." And I knew right away that it had iris in it because it smelled like Prada Infusion D'Iris! But No.19 seems to have more sophistication to it and a more gentle vibe to it. I don't know. I've been sticking to No. 19 ever since. (Maybe also because it's my lucky number as you can see in my username (; )It's a fantastic scent and hopefully it will become a high demand on the perfume market.

alchemist1976stephanie
alchemist1976stephanie

Reminds me of soft soap or jergens or something like that. I can't quite place it but it's definitely soapy. I like it, but I have smelled it on others and I'm not interested in smelling like everyone else right now.

Don't get me wrong, it is definitely one of my favs by Chanel but I am not in love with it.

Fragrantlife
Fragrantlife

Chanel no19, both eau de toilette and eau de parfum are my all time favorites -- i bought my first bottle when i was 15, some 25 years ago. So I was approaching this newest iteration with circumspection and skepticism.

Well, I got a sample at a department store and am trying it on my arm. I recognize the general structure of the no19, with less complexity and more powder. I understand that this is an attempt to reach the younger market and introduce them to the beauty of Chanel no19. And I think it is easier to understand to a generation that has been raised on sweet fruity florals. So, in that respect, kudos to Chanel for this successful initiative.

As for myself, I do like like it .... Somewhat.The powder reminds me of the Chanel no 19 eau de cologne that used to exist back in the '80's and that wasn't my favourite interpretation of the fragrance. The classic eau de toilette and eau de parfum will remain my favourites. Forever.

evesoho
evesoho

Forrealme2 has said most of what I would say; I agree that the quality of this perfume is high. To me, it's higher than any other perfume I've tried. And I'm afraid of it. I'm a little embarrassed to say so, considering how inspired I've been to write a glowing review while wearing, say, Avon's Sweet Honesty. >_<

Iris is a cool flower, and 19 edt/p is a brisk scent. It's no surprise that Poudre comes on with a bit of frost. With its scale-weighed ingredients, though, it has no single imperfection, and this intimidates me.

Then it warms (two hours later!), and here we have originality. It is so musky. I can't distinguish notes at this point, but the scent of 19 Poudre is distinct and, yes, modern, nearing futuristic. I'd go so far as to suggest the musk is abstract, and here's what I mean by that: I don't feel like the musks in Poudre are trying to recreate the natural musks once found in perfumery. They aren't meant to smell false or plastic, either. Somewhere in between, is synthetic musk championing synethic musk.

19 Poudre reminds me of white light. A blinding, white light, and I'm fascinated by it the same way I'm fascinated whenever I see a full moon sitting up in the afternoon sky while the sun still shines.

I have 2 carded samples the department store generously gave me, and I'll be sad when they're done because I'll be faced with the dilemna of buying the fb. There are reasons to own this perfume and wear it often (except in winter), but I find it difficult to get over my feelings of inadequacy during the opening.

Update: I'm wearing this less and less, haven't cracked my second sample. The musky drydown is beautiful, but I feel weary of its strength after a couple hours and on my skin it lasts 8 hours or more. The Iris note is gorgeous, but overall I prefer to smell Iris in perfumes that have a more retro style: I prefer Iris de Nuit by Heeley. I may not be modern enough for Chanel.

ForrealMe2

This is such a delicate smooth perfume with the iris at the center stage...at first you get that green leaf note at the first spray but it goes in the back ground and the iris comes out and so does the powder...i could smell this fragrance from the box.This is so different from the other Chanel's i dunno if i like it..it's that green leaf note..on my skin i don't smell the green note as much and i maybe able to pull this off but on my clothes i can totally smell that green note so i may only spray on my skin to wear this but if you love green notes your gonna love this... as it transformed the greenness lightened up to make such a lovely soft feminine scent...the green stays there and comes in and out so note that..i am not use to a scent like this so i am still learning how to adapt to this green note..i hope i adapt well to it because the green note for me is a bit different i don't know if i like it or not yet..this scent to me defines gentleness..to me it is the most gentle fragrance of the whole line because it is so soft but you can smell it..this is not a weak perfume...the feel is just smooth and soft like baby powder..they rightfully named this scent poudre after powder...now that i am truly aware of what iris smells like because this scent singles this note out very well i can smell iris in alot of my perfumes...what a wonderful note to put in any perfume and as the iris evolves it turns the scent a bit sweeter..kinda like prada candish feel or dolce & gabbanna pour femme feel because of the powder or perhaps they have iris in them too i am not sure but it has that same similar smell and feel and they are sweet smells so they may have iris too..i love how the iris evolves. If you are not sure that you would like a green leaf or grass note you may or maynot like this because it is different..it has that Chanel No. 5 aldehyde feel very very lightly mixed in but it has that green leaf note that balances it out and makes it not that sugary sickly for those who want a Chanel but don't want to smell like sweets,or don't want to smell too pungent of aldehydes or too much like roses..this is for the outdoors girl with a Chanel spirit that loves the smell of Spring when they go outside and smell the grass or perhaps likes to smell the green in their garden or beautiful green plants in an office setting..a very distinct girl not looking to smell like the rest and knows it on purpose..this is not for everyone so please try it before you buy but i tell you there is a Chanel for everyone if you give it a chance...I am learning how to adapt to this one but i appreciate its beauty and am happy to have it in my collection. I love the Chanel flacons for the stronger classic scent & have collected them because the quality of Chanel is beyond most other perfumes..you get what you pay for and feel beautiful while you are doing it..

Update: I don't like the green note on my clothes so i spray it only on my skin..if you do that you will get the most lovely soft iris you have ever smelled just don't spray it on your clothes because your clothes will pick up every note especially that green leaf note...if you spray on your skin it dissolves and you are left with the beauty of this fragrance the iris..i love it for that reason!

Catty
Catty

a very charming scent!!!!I tried today in a dept. store and I think that this one is much better than the original, which for me it´s "old fashion".

It´s a green scent with this musky, poudré touch that make it so feminine, elegant, lady-like, being very modern too.

I don´t see a young girl wearing it. But the target group is definetly a middle 30s woman.

Perfect for the office, weekend, an early evening event.

A very distinctive, "upper class", romantic smell!

fedz
fedz

I like how it smells.I like all the notes in the fragrance, but I dont know why I can't weat it. There is something that desturbs me... That's why I gave it away and I am not regretting at all.

Amparo Noir

I have no idea why I am so addicted to this.
I bought this ultra-amazing, powdery, floral edp the day I sampled it on paper and on my wrist.
My fav, will always be!

I started off with a sample of this and I wasn't sure I liked it. So, I waited a month or so, and wore it again, and oh my gosh, this will become my signature fragrance. Chanel Poudre' is soft, feminine, light, fresh. It last on me a full 6 hours, without fading or losing it's scent. I have tried Chanel no.5 , and Chance, and Mademoiselle, but they don"t compare to this one. I have just purchased the large bottle, and I cannot wait to sit this on my dresser.

saskia2010
saskia2010

I dream from three months to have a bottle of this precious Chanel no19 poudre. Justi bought one bottle.. I read a lot of opinions before I have it. Now, when I smell it on my skin, around me, the first impressions is the Chanel no.5, more dilueted, refreshed, with strong iris smells. In the wet times, this smells like a green gras, mountains flowers, Means that the nose, Mr. Jacques Polge give us a new capodoppera , a smell for everybody.

littlepepperz
littlepepperz

This is so wonderful I'm lost for words. I think everything had been said here already!

I wish I had this instead of my 100ml Coco Mademoiselle.
I also like this so much more than the original 19 - much more wearable, less loud, it's so fresh, so chic, so powdery and classic. Would make any outfit, any day. It's been 7 hours since I sprayed it on my arm and I can still smell it - I don't want it ever to disappear!

To me, this is my Chanel no 5.
Inevitable.

(Joking, reference to the ridiculous Brad Pitt commercial)

EDT: I got myself a bottle and I couldn't be happier.
I find that it's easy to get tricked into thinking that it doesn't project too strong and it's very VERY easy to overspray in the first minute of wearing it. Don't! You may go from loving it to hating it in a blink! I find that less is more.
(16)

iMaverick
iMaverick

It took a while, but I finally own a bottle! Like how many agree, it seems almost this was Chanel's answer to Prada Infusion d'Iris with a Chanel No. 19 twist.

Let me come forward and say that I am not a fan of the No. 19 EdT. Despite how outdoorsy and how it sparkles, the focus moves too much towards the honeysuckle note, which I am not a fan of. Chanel seems to do away with it in Poudre, which is a joy to me. The top notes sparkle and evokes a fresh outdoorsiness with its citrus and galbanum note which I love so much. It progresses to the powdery notes, where it starts to smell similar to Infusion d'Iris, but different. The musks masquerading as iris take on more spicy aspects on my skin, and the vetiver is kept at the back seat, and I smell a more powdery rose at the heart. The drydown smells of green and woody odors of vetiver and a tad sweet like a pale violet.

It makes a great everyday scent, although it might be too quiet of a scent for Winter. I still love the woody green rose of the vintage parfum which has very little of honeysuckle to speak of, and it will always be my favorite. Poudre slides in second, in front of No. 19 EdP. Poudre makes No. 19 wearable and modern.

Although No. 19 has a place for powdery-green-floral in my heart, the reigning crown goes to Guerlain's Chamade and Vol de Nuit for this genre.

This is chic, and a very wearable Chanel for me. I find it fresh, green, yet balmy. Like a fresh spring breeze, very French, stylish, a bit of aldehydes but just enough. happy to have it, I will take it out as soon as spring arrives. I get lots of compliments when I wear it, which is a plus.

Shtefitza
Shtefitza

Gosh, I am wearing this fragrance again today. Can I admit I am in love with it? It has everything I look in a perfume. Freshness with that citrussy opening. And boldness through galbanum and vetyver. And soft, powdery, creamy heaven of iris and musk.... Neroli very soft in the background... I love what it does for my self-confidence and energy through the day.

I am so glad I found it... Lately I looked into new fragrances to bring myself into 21st century. I enjoy the new gourmands, strong patchoulis and this new wave of powdery iris scents. But No 19 poudre transcends 1970s with its strong chypre, 1980s with rich layers of its scent, 1990s with herbal undertones and brings us nicely into 21st century with all layer, slightly gourmand... I love it!!! :)

Sorry I did not sign my previous review.

HORRIDFRAG
HORRIDFRAG

I bought the 100ml days after its launching.
Felt in love with the scent on the spot.
I was too happy, to own one.

I used it once or twice.
I wished I could keep it 90% full.
Because I know that this amazing frag, sooner or later will be reformulated like many others.

I wished I could buy two, so I could keep one.

However, when I was about to reach for my other frags on the table, this fel on the floor...
...

Eos
Eos

I had been searching for my perfect powdery scent for a long time and I've finally found it in Chanel No 19 Poudre.

I could never pull off the original Chanel No 19, but Poudre is a different story entirely. All the notes I had problems with in the original are smoothed out or missing from Poudre: the aldehydes are turned way down, the iris is NOT coldly metallic and there is no leather accord.

The opening of Poudre is still a blast of aldehydes, galbanum and vetiver but much, much less sharp than the original. The rest of the wear time is filled out by a creamy, powdery iris musk. Despite the many comparisons below, I don't find it similar to Prada's Infusion d'Iris (which on me is woody-iris-incense). The tonka provides a nuanced, light sweetness that adds warmth and depth which keeps No 19 Poudre from the icy character of the original. Overall, it ends up smelling a lot like face powder from the 1980's, and that's a great thing IMO. Absolutely lovely, one of my true loves from the house of Chanel.

100mlEDT
100mlEDT

Chanel, No 19 Poudre 2011 by Jaques Polge. A new directions for this Classic green Alderhydic floral features Shear powder, presenting more balmy and musky. Iris is the angel on the tree in this rendition of my personal favorite No 19. Poudre is adorned with jasmine, galbanum, Vetiver and hyacinth which subtly floats into a soft focus musk with sweetened tanka bean. All out my most favourite Chanel falcon with a delicate mist action in the spray trigger and gorgeous yellow/lime green juice. Recommended for the iris lover.

ComfyCat
ComfyCat

Chanel No 19 Poudre was the first Chanel fragrance I fell for. A lovely crisp green decorates the typical Chanel base scent. It develops into a powdery, lovely cloud that whispers on your skin for hours. It has some similarities with Pradas Infusion d'Iris, but Prada is more on the unisex side with a touch more oriental vibe to it, where No 19 Poudre leans more to the feminine side with softer, and rounder jasmine and orange flower.

natural
natural

OMG!! what a beautiful scent!! powdery, clean, chic! I can't stop sniffing my wrist! soooo special, so deep, so woman'ish!! love love love it!

lakuota
lakuota

Well, this is a super sophisticated powdery scent. I love Infusion d'Iris, but this one is richer and more complex. In the beginning it's very different from its origin, but at the base notes you can easily understand it's Chanel. Of course, this perfume is rather a contemporary version of old classics. The development of the scent is itself an exquisite olfactory journey, with a lovely musky feeling througout the way.

I find this perfume very well crafted, cozy and elegant. It smells expensive and it lasts for a long time. I feel like a real lady when I wear this, even when I sometimes don't look like one.

daphnekw
daphnekw

I am falling in love with it as I used it longer. I was not really like the scent at first and it was way too poundry for me, but as i wear it for few times i started to like the greenny smell.
However it doesnt last long on me.

kikiki
kikiki

What makes me love this one is the fact that the poudre is not that strong. It evokes a very classy persona, very sophisticated and a little mature but at the same time mysterious. I understand the hype among the followers of the classic but being a girl on her late twenties I would always prefer something that is younger but has the elements of the classic.
This is one chic smell. This is my new favorite.

I am trying the No19 poudre sample again today. Beautiful! The opening is citrusy and green, reminiscent of No19, then powdery note starts developping in the background... The green note persists, although citrusy note disappeared...
The sillage is weak, perfume mature, complex, very interesting... I love the little trace of vetyver in the background... Maybe I would like it to be a little more chypre... This is a gentle combination of sensual powdery and "daytime" fragrance... still very private, not to overwhelm the people around you... I love that powdery sensual feel to it. Now 3-4 hours later I have hard time feeling it...

perfumebox
perfumebox

Before you even smell it, remember that No 19 Poudre is quite a different animal from the original No 19, which is why I own and love both. Since Chanel did not replace the original with Poudre, I don’t see why anyone should feel disappointed or affronted by the fact it “doesn’t smell like No 19”. (If I want to smell like No 19, I just wear No 19.)

Perhaps the most unfair thing Chanel did was to name Poudre a flanker of a classic. Its a soft, cottony skin-scent without that bitter-sharp earthiness of leather and oakmoss that gives original No 19 it’s strong, dominatrix veneer. The only similarities between the 2 are iris, galbanum, and a refreshing lack of sugariness.

I respectfully disagree with those who find Poudre less powdery than its older sister. Poudre has a different KIND of lower-pitched powderiness with a big dose of musks and tonka. I won't be surprised if many people are anosmic to some of the musks here, which explains why it smells weaker and less powdery to some.

boruvka44
boruvka44

I tested Poudre and Infusion d'Iris at the same time, each on one wrist, several times and Chanel wins. They are very similar for a couple of minutes, almost identical, but once Poudre opens with sweet carrot note similar to Hermes Hiris, Infusion starts with the typical iris powder and only gets sweeter as it settles down. The sweetness is rather synthetic, so I pass on Infusion.
Poudre is similar to No. 19 EDT, much more than EDP. It doesn`t turn to ordinary powder, it`s not only heavenly clean, it`s also very chic.
They both share very poor longevity and sillage on my skin.
Beautiful flacon!

kledic1
kledic1

This fragrance is pure elegance,discretion,refinement.
Suitable for all occasions,ages...
It is not overpowering and dominant so its subtleness makes a woman being a main actress and the scent is just beautiful background!

kitten_steele
kitten_steele

After having tried it, I must say, be careful of using too much. When I sprayed it, out came a delicate cloud, almost like fine dust and I could hardly smell it on my skin. So I sprayed closer and some more, 'til I could smell it. That was a mistake, I learned later on. After moving around and my blood started circulating, then the scent "came forward". After 2 hours, the powdery scent got me a headache, but I think that was because I oversprayed it. So the lesson here is, even if you can't smell it on your skin directly, don't spray more, the scent will come to you after you move around and the blood starts pumping. But all in all, I really enjoyed the flowery, powdery scent. One word come to mind, "beautiful". I don't regret buying it(along with its bodylotion). I just have to learn how much(or how little) I'm gonna spray.

daniela3
daniela3

I confess to be a 'little bit' prejudiced - though I can't even easily declare it - so I normally avoid flankers even before try them! I'm not - also - such a great supporter of Maison Chanel although I know its history, the beauty of the old frags they did once and so on....
Regarding No.19 Poudre I must say that it is all but a plain, simple flanker: it's a fragrance with its soul! A delicate opening where a true light of sweetness is carried on by the zesty notes of orange blossom and mandarin orange. The massive presence of iris is still kept here - knowing its cost I had thought that this precious note would have been avoided!- with its round, creamy personality..... I cannot detect any galbanum but the expert person in the shop told me that on the contrary, it was in the juice... quite and unexpected, the presence of vetiver comes to match orris very well. A combination of tonka bean and vanilla give a charming, powdery personality ('Poudre') to the ensamble.

I think that elegance, name, history, popularity of a brand and quality have been joined together to achieve a remarkable result, here. I read in many reviews about the similarities with Prada's Inf. d'Iris, though I know the later I believe that both on the paper BUT on my skin especially Chanel's No.19 Poudre is a completely different 'beautiful' story.

(Persistence is also good!)

prigipessa
prigipessa

So expensive smell! So chic and classy! This makes you really stand out!

MerlinAbsolute
MerlinAbsolute

Uniqueness: 8.5/10
Longevity: 7.5/10
Overall: 8/10

Lovely, really. It's the older sister to Prada's Infusion d'Iris, a sophisticated, mature fragrance. No. 19 Poudre is all caviar and Mercedes limousines, a matriarch among matriarchs. That does not mean, however, that it does not have a playful and youthful side.

Poudre also has a melancholic side; you will never fully understand No. 19. It feels complete and yet something feels missing. It is sad but beautiful. Lasts a few hours on me, I try not to put too much of it on for fear of drowning in it but it lasts a decent amount of time for how much I do put on.

This is the only Chanel that I really really do enjoy other than Madamoiselle. The others are classic, perhaps a touch too classic. But this one I fall for.

Very very feminine while still holding on to the Chanel tradition of making women smell like women and less like flowers. The bottle is gorgeous as always...oh Chanel.

Perfumefreak
Perfumefreak

Lovely!
Utterly, so lovely!
I wish i can get a bottle of this for myself soon, as one spray at the shop stays so nicely on my wrist,
No19 poudre is quite sharp and breezy fresh at first. Then it smooths down into balmy and soft powder, still fresh and breezy to delight your senses.
I really can't find a Chanel-scent that would suit with my body chemistry or i'd even like, except No5 Premiere, this fits me so nicely.
As i got to think about this, Poudre has same kind of base scent as No5. Or is it just my skin chemistry...?
All tropical and fruity scents in the world (i really adore those) are so yummy, but only now i have become to understand that florals are my way to go.
And i am happy to find "a new classic".
The bottle is so pretty. Lovely to put on display.

Ps.
Longevity is GOOD.
5 hours and counting!!
Sillage moderate (you don't want to fumigate everybody around you ;-) ...)

HUEbris
HUEbris

Poudre is more powdery than original one.
I prefer this version.

mendosita
mendosita

It's one of my favourites recently.
The clasical 19 smells like roses to me. Poudre version smells like iris. Lots of iris. According to it's name- it is very powdery, a bit airless, heavy, but at the same time it is very elegant and classy. When I use this I feel like I'm looking good ;) It definitely upraises my mood. I cannot decide wether it is more suitable for Spring or Winter- it goes well in both, hot and cold weather. I wear it alot lately.

amelie
amelie

It's green, which is good.I don't like floral woody musk, I get a headache, but No.19 Poudre was less powdery than I assumed by the name. Yet it seems that Chanel and I don't go well together. No.5 EdT is an exception but it's not surprising because it's my favorite floral aldehyde group that get along well with my chemistry. Poudre is rather distant, cold (but not in a way as Cristalle) and not even a bit sensual like No.5.
Poudre with its composition is too simple, even boring, imo. From start to finish always the same. Missing youthful radiance, lacks distinctiveness, as Prada Infusion d'Iris. I am not a fan of Prada, and this reminds me of Infusion, the same idea....don't even know when to wear it.
No.19 EdT was much more intriguing. However, should stick to my favorite groups.

desertrat
desertrat

LOVE it! First spritz it is a dead ringer for Infusion d'Iris Prada EDP which another love of mine... LOVE the top notes for that reason. When it begins to dry down I completely agree with the review from "stroopwaffle". This is it's own fragrance with it's own personality. I've wanted to love Chanel, No 19 Poudre makes that so easy... LOVELY! I highly recommend especially if you haven't found your Chanel yet...

stroopwaffle
stroopwaffle

Take Infusion d'Iris and plush it down/round it out, like fluffing up a big goose-down quilt... Now add that to the tiniest amount of No. 19 EDP and take away the galbanum.. finally dust it with a fine layer of sweet powder and you have no. 19 Poudre. I honestly think this is a masterpiece despite mixed reviews online - for me it lives up exactly to what the perfumers say about it. I also don't have a problem with longevity or sillage - if you give yourself a couple of big sprays you will have a happy light cloud around you for the better part of the day! It won't be loud, for sure, but that's not what plush iris is for!

aditika
aditika

I must say this is quiet different from the Parfum or the EDT and the middle and base notes I find quiet similar to mademoiselle (does anyone else find this similarity).

Where Parfum and EDT are more green, crisp and vetiver-y, this is more floral. Yes they all smell part of the same fragrance (no 19) but still somehow different.

The first impact for all 3 versions is Vetiver but after 1 minute this turns to iris, tonka beans and rose.

I liked all three versions, but since I am a huge Vetiver fan, I will get parfum/EDT

Chenet
Chenet

those iris roots are so wonderfully set in this fragrance, I just love the way it makes me feel after spraying it...so clean ;D

orangeowl
orangeowl

Nice scent. Beautiful green floral opening, then musky peppery drydown not long after. This scent seems to be very 2 dimensional, green and bright in the beginning, dry down stays linear till the end. That's it. I expected more from Chanel. I also see this as masculine scent. The spicy and musky dry down lasts forever but reminds me of a drugstore musk for men, Stestson and definitely reminds me of the old Jovan musk with the orange cap. Maybe my chemistry, but def musk. And I love musk. Again, very nice scent, but would not spend the money to smell like this.....

dlane1953
dlane1953

I have difficulty with Chanel scents. This one comes off as a screaming green scent at first and is head-ache inducing. Very sharp on me. The sweetness of the iris is also over the top. It wears down to a powdery,slightly musky note which I like but I just can't enjoy the journey it takes to get there. Another no-go for me.

Chanel Man
Chanel Man

Chanel No 19 Poudre is a beautifully light floral powder.

Jasminalia
Jasminalia

Very Prada-ish.

Nuriyarose
Nuriyarose

i think that its a bad mistake by chanel company to relase this one... they made a "copy paste" of there Competitor Prada ..as most of yu already said : Infusion iris
( BTW - prada have better sillage) so if you want it just buy the prada one its even cheaper

ArkangeL
ArkangeL

No. 19 Poudre is reminiscent of all the Prada Infusion d'Iris fragrances... yes, but what it reminds me of even more so is Chloe Eau de Fleurs Capucine. The galbanum & neroli, which are shared by both fragrances is what struck a memory of the Capucine. Jasmine also plays a leading role in both scents. They each have balmy, yet noticeably green and powdery qualities. I wouldn't mind smelling this on the right woman. I envision a romantic picnic, where a woman in a white dress is laid out on a blanket made from Egyptian cotton. Gusts of wind thrust forth her femininely fresh essence.

jaimex1979
jaimex1979

Way too faint.... Why call it No 19 when it should just be POUDRE... Nice scent but not related to the great 19...

FunkyTomo
FunkyTomo

I came across this perfume while on a trip to Leeds, the big "Boots" there has all the decent perfume counters in store - Chanel, Dior ect. Unfortunately my home town is absolutely dire for perfume shopping, we have a Boots but it carries very little Decent scent but is awash with all the latest fad perfumes. Why oh why they don't stock the classics i don't know . Oh well ........All this means that to test any half decent new perfumes , a trip to Leeds it is . I make a girls day out of it so cant complain :)

That said its a bit of a treat to get to try the new Chanels, Diors , Givenchy ect. Those of you who have all this AND Niche , all there for the "spraying" in your local shops are very lucky ! :)

SO , CHANEL No 19 POUDRE - Ooh La la !! Very nice indeed .... i think this perfume is GORGEOUS ! Pure class. It is powdery and fresh all at once , love love love and this is going to be my next buy.

It lasted very well on skin too....On clothes it was 3/4 days and the paper card test strip Ive had for 3 weeks still smells of it now!

I find a lot of the classic Chanel's unwearable ( no 19 and Cristallw are the exceptions!) , but still respect them! This modern scent is a job well done and is wearable for both casual and formal occasions.

PS - My Mum has Prada Infusion De Iris and i can take it or leave it. I think Chanel 19 Poudre is far superior

la tailleuse
la tailleuse

I tested this perfume for a few days and was pleasently surprised about the longevity of the scent.
I used it in the morning and it last the hole day!
Not just a faint scent, but very intense, never wore a scent that lingered that long, I'm impressed!
And... Chanel... what can I say.. I love all the perfumes, well almost all.
Beautiful, chic, luxery, class...
I was initially overwhelmed by the intense smell, but it developed into a beautiful, powdery, musky, feminine and modern scent, LOVE IT!

Jasminehead
Jasminehead

Poudre is a class act! green soft powdery gorgeousness, also a bit ambery ...it's slightly sexy. Perfect on those days where a little sexy is enough, but with that grounded green earthness. Longevity is amazing, need a new bottle. I dont know why this is often on ebay as 'discontinued' it's NOT this can be purchased online at chanel.com or at any chanel boutique :/

jae
jae

I'll start off by stating that Chanel 19 Poudre is NOT an Infusion d'Iris clone, at least not on my skin. Of the two, Poudre is much more feminine, more smooth and lighter. I can wear Infusion D'Iris without question. I can't do that with 19 Poudre. I thought that the two would be just alike, being as though they share quite a few common notes. Not entirely the case. 19 Poudre could be worn with a dress while Infusion D'Iris is far more casual - and androgynous...

lolipophead

I'd really like to try this after reading your reviews, but I'm afraid it might not last long enough on my skin? I found a huge difference between the EDP Allure and EDT, as someone said, it's like they're two different perfumes so I wonder if this is the route Chanel are going down. I love Prada's Iris, so I might have a go of 19 poudree and see how I get on.

lolipophead

Animato, you mustn't apologize for your English, which is wonderful! I wish the rest of the world could speak your language as well as you speak English! You're doing a wonderful job, well done (PS I'm a teacher of languages!)

yipee
yipee

Agree on the sprayer part :)

Cylob

The sprayer on this is the best I've ever used.
You can just push the sprayer a little bit and it will still give you a perfect mist.
Hopefully Chanel will keep using these on future fragrances. It's perfect!

fumelover
fumelover

I sprayed the EDP (Poudre) on one arm and the EDT on the other and I must say, the EDT is richer and deeper and lasts longer than the EDP, which I can't understand. It's almost as if they are two, entirely different perfumes.

The EDP is fresher to me upon opening but then vanishes on me. For that price, I expect a bit more longevity.

NebraskaLovesScent
NebraskaLovesScent

Over the holidays, I finally got a chance to do something I don't get to do often anymore: go to a perfume counter, try the latest scents and purchase the one I like best. No. 19 Poudre was the result of this happy adventure.

It was instant love when first sprayed, but I wish I had worn it a little longer before buying. Others have commented that this one doesn't have the longevity or pack the punch of older Chanel scents. I bought it just a couple hours after first trying it, so I hadn't had experienced that yet, but I have to agree. No. 19 Poudre is so beautiful, and actually, the longevity is not bad on me, but the sillage goes down the drain after a couple hours. It lingers a good six hours or so, but you would have to bury your nose in my neck to be able to smell it past the two hour mark.

On the plus side, a friend who dislikes almost all perfumes said she really liked this one on me because it was so soft and pretty and not overpowering. I guess it depends on what you're looking for.

At any rate, the scent is lovely and comparisons to Prada Infusion d'Iris are justified. (That's another scent I love.) No. 19 Poudre is a gorgeous combination of green notes with a heavy dose of powder. Iris is detectible, but those looking for a straight-up dose of iris would be better served elsewhere. The lush green opening is my favorite part and I wish it lasted longer. The powdery musk aromas last longest on my skin. Fresh, clean, slightly sexy, not really a skin scent but certainly not a powerhouse like No. 5 or Coco. I recommend sampling and giving it a couple good skin tests before purchase, to see if the longevity and sillage are acceptable for you.

virga
virga

Chanel No 19 Poudre is nice, but so pale - very light and has no personality: at first it is similar to Infusion d‘Iris and the drydown resembles watered Coco Mademoiselle EDT. Lasting power is poor – on my skin Poudre lasted about 3 hours. If you want real POUDRE, Try Chanel No 19 EDP.

LadiesRed
LadiesRed

Classy, elegant, luscious with a hint of spice somewhere...

Lovely

sallyjwong
sallyjwong

This is a very delightful scent, which would be perfect for spring. It's fresh, airy, and powdery. Cold weather is a disservice to the delicate and elegant notes in this fragrance. It is unlike Chanel No. 19, except for the green notes. On my skin, the iris notes smell soft and dreamy. It is a perfect day scent for the office.

sirop de Liège
sirop de Liège

I love it but it doesn't last. I've been wearing this perfume every day for a week now and no one has made even a remark about it. My mother is 'the nose' of our family, and when I told her last sunday I had a new perfume (I was wearing it!) she said: 'next time you come you should wear it dear'. On me it last for about 15 minutes and then it disappears. I love the iris but just like the Prada one, this Chanel is not worth its price.

ScharlakenD
ScharlakenD

After reading these comments I just had to buy a bottle! I am a big fan of Infusion d'Iris but it just doesn't last for more than an hour. The lady in the shop sprayed the No 19 Poudre on a paper strip so I could smell it and I just loved it! It doesn't smell as harsh as Infusion, it is softer and more elegant. Unfortunately it also fades quickly, more quickly than I would expect from a Chanel perfume but it does last longer than Infusion, furthermore: the small amout I sprayed on my t-shirt stills smells strongly, while on my skin it has mostly faded. I love it but I don't think it was worth 86 Euro's for 100 ml!

Cylob

Gorgeous powdery opening. Light-green, fresh & lush.
Then shifts into a darker green. Warm and comfortable.
Jacques Polge does his wizard tricks again. Amazing!
This was an instant buy for me and I can't wait to wear it in summer. I'm a male and this makes perfect sense to me. It goes great on my skin: it blends into a warm and musky scent soon after a fresh soapy aldehydes opening.

jubal
jubal

I'm not a big fan of the usual Chanels though I love Coromandel, but I am a big iris lover so had to try it. It has rapdly risen to my top five, maybe top three and am asking for the biggest bottle of it for Christmas. DH really loves it, keeps telling me how terrific it is.

The development is amazing, it starts out green gorgeous iris which lasts a very long time and sillage is great, I apply in one room and DH yells from another that whatever I've applied is a beauty. It's longevity is very good and it deepens into a lovely jasmine on powderly clouds.

LOVE THE STUFF! :)

fragoleconcrema
fragoleconcrema

My mother recommended this one to me. I tried it a couple of days ago & after half an hour of occasionally sniffing my wrist, my mind was made up. Got my mum to buy me N°19 Poudre EDP as a Christmas present. And I don't regret this "try once buy next" scenario.

It's reminiscent of creamy, powdery scents like Penhaligon's Artemisia, which is soft and subtle without being too girly, but most of all, N°19 Poudre makes me think of the "heavier" stuff, like L'Artisan's heavenly smoky Dzongkha.

This could be my favourite Chanel just yet!

melancholybaby
melancholybaby

Other than the opening and underlying green note, I am not sure why this was called No 19 poudre. Not really the same family at all! The sharp green opening is very brief, then the scent develops into a very light but somehow dense Iris, an iris growing in a puff of powder. It sounds like it should be boring, but somehow, it isn't. There is a delightful depth that is elusive but there if you seek it out. Sillage is minimal, and longevity is not exceptional. I will try the sample a few more times, as I have not decided if it is full bottle worthy or not...

Chaminou
Chaminou

Since I am wearing the 19 Poudré, I had more compliments than ever, how elegant and "French" I am, even if I am not. So please, do not say things like "shame of Chanel" or "it doesn't belong in Chanel's line". Ohh, yes, it does! And a lot! As complex as only a Chanel can be.
I can imagine, one day somebody, who wrote a very negative review will feel it on somebody else, and ask: "OMG, your fragrance is amazing, what is it??" Just simply because it's Chanel, and it works really different on different skins.
Just repeating toomuchfluff: "Should I think about making it "the perfume of my life"?"
Sorry for my English:)

Singabera
Singabera

The first notes are ok - reminds lighter version of original 19. But then... chemical musk in base, monotonous and annoying.

LindyLou
LindyLou

It is beautifully green and woody. It also reminds me of a lighter green oscar de la renta for some reason. It is not very strong and does not stay extremely long on the skin but it can make a nice lingering scent on clothes.

karaaslang
karaaslang

the first seconds the poudre touches my skin, I kinda dont like the strong greeny smell...but after a while, the scent becomes soapy, clean, pleasent smell. With this scent, I dont think that you ll leave a great impression, it won t be your signature scent but the ones who like variety, this one can be a good addition to your every day scents.

Jenan
Jenan

The moment I tried this I knew I was going to buy it on the spot. I've never liked ANY green perfumes before, but this is different ... The top notes and the dry down make it feel like 2 totally different perfumes.

It has nothing in common with previous Chanels, it's way too subtle. The only thing remotely comparable is it's complexity which is obvious in all Chanel perfumes.

I just wish that it would last longer & have more sillage. I want ppl to smell this amazing scent on me.

jonr951
jonr951

Yeah No. 19 Poudre is a no thank you for me. Ha! It's fine but it's just not for me. Greenies will love it. : )

After testing this many, many times trying to get myself to like it, because it smelled like a watery, diluted version of 19 EDT, it actually happened. I started to enjoy it more after I realized it reminded me very much of Infusion d'Iris Absolue (not the edt or edp). Infusion d'Iris Absolue is lovely, but there is something in the drydown that seems a bit synthetic to me, so I swapped it away. Poudre smells similar but a bit greener and brighter, without the synthetic drydown. In comparison to 19 edt, it seems sweeter.

seika
seika

Mild and powdery...mmmm..
Reading the above reviews, I felt I needed to communicate, especially after reading the opinion of "miral". Perfumes are a living matter and the secret ingredient is always yourself. The whole ideais that the fragrance will always be different on different persons. How can you therefore write that this fragrance should be removed from the Chanel line? Have you seen the other fragrances created by the same nose? All classics in the Chanel line! Unlucky for you, No 19 Poudre is not a good fragrance for you, whereas for me it is absolutely PERFECT! Will probably continue to wear it a long time!

gbush
gbush

I adore this perfume for day-wear .... on my skin it lasts all day and reminds me of it's beauty with gentle, wafts of iris. Similar, but more complex than Prada Infusion d'Iris which I also own.

meral
meral

This is an absolute disaster. No.19 Poudre is a disgrace to Chanel perfume line. Chanel should collect this product from the perfume markets and cease its production. No.19 Poudre is not only a shallow fragrance with no character but it also smells cheap, almost fake.

natefifield
natefifield

The longer I wear it, the more I like it.

There is an initial enlivening burst of green, which unfortunately disappears very quickly. Then it becomes quite powdery, I would even say nutty.

About an hour in, the iris blossoms into full, elegant glory. Here it becomes a true Chanel.

The powder continues to abate, and something darker and richer takes its place, almost edible, but in the foreground there is always the tantalizing iris.

It is a subtle perfume, quite sophisticated. It reveals it's secrets slowly but surely. It's a bit too abstract for my taste. Should be worn by a woman who wants to remain elusive, modest, to who keeps her deepest secrets to herself.

Animato
Animato

I dont think this is very powdery, just a tad, but I do enjoy it compared to no. 19.
although the original is very interesting, it is too sharp and green for my taste. Also, I never liked leather notes. I guess Im from another generation who cant apreciate the wonder that is Chanel no. 19.

But the poudre version, man! This I really, really like. This is for a newbie like me. It is my generation's version of no.19 for sure.
About an hour, it do smell a little bit like chanel no. 19, but alot girlier and softer.

Clean, and not so waxy, iris with soft green notes. Quiet but interesting. sofisticated and sweet, not as in sugar-sweet, but as in a nice girl-sweet.

(I apologize for my english!)

forevermore
forevermore

Intrigued by lots of negative reviews, I decided to give this perfume a chance. I sprinkled it on my wrist, went out of the store and stood in the chilling october wind till my nose got a "tender plum" tone. After that I returned to the store and bought a big bottle of "Poudre". Still can't explain, why :). Yes, it is strange. Too light, quiet. Yes, it disappears too quickly. But whatever it is, it makes me feel wearing a slightly sweet delicate but cozy cocoon. A perfect cocoon for an introvert like me.

(P.S. Sorry for my English. I'm not a native speaker)

LittleSnowflake
LittleSnowflake

I totally agree with Denoula - every word. I just got sharp, green notes which were unpleasant to my nose. No soft powderyness, unfortunately. Doesnt match my personality or suit my skin chemistry... Neither does it smell nice on paper to me, so its not just my skin! Not my thing at all. =(

Denoula
Denoula

Sorry if this is heresy, but I found this seriously unpleasant. On me it is sharp and harsh and acidic. I get the greenness, but not the soft, warm, powderiness that other reviewers enjoy. I couldn't wash it off so had to spray something else over the top.
I adore Infusion d'Iris, but this seems nothing like it.

feleeni
feleeni

Total luxury. The only other Chanels that I really love are Allure and no 5. The rest I can take or leave...some are too musky.

This is like a more sophisticated, more well tuned version of Prada's Infusion d'Iris. The powder makes you feel cosy and warm, and the sexiness is so mysterious and lures your victims in very, very slowly.

I can't wait to intrigue all my senses, wearing this with a string of pearls and a pair of heels against the cobblestones- what an audiolfactory experience!

Cams
Cams

Beautiful and feminine. A wonderful variation on the original No. 19. Don't overspray - it will produce a lovely smell with a natural spritz and stay all day. Delicious.

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

Gosh, I couldn't wait to try this, and I am rather surprised by my findings.
I actually found the opening much more harsh than the Chanel No 19 EDP which I wear, it brought carrot tops and crushed bitter greens to mind (Ambrette seed musk??). An Iris note came after that, lending it a slightly powdery, melancholic air before it succumbed to smelling like the original on the dry down with a slight animalic edge, which I like. Its sillage and longevity aren't quite as tenacious as the original, and as it's only a slight, though interesting variation, I don't think I'll lay out money on this one. I want my husband to try it though, to see if he prefers it to my beloved 19, which he calls 'husband repellant'. Ho Hum.......!
NOTE: This is a far superior fragrance to infusion d'iris, as it has more depth and complexity

ION
ION

Again, a new Chanel perfume (or should I say a re-interpretation of a classic one) that comes in a lovely "Sap Green" colour!!
Mmmm..I might as well buy one, just to have it standing there next to my all white W&N watercolour palette.
However, the perfume in my opinion, (is there any reason really to say that? I mean it's only his opinion one would express, right?) in the beginning smells a lot like the original, while later at its drydown, becomes a more tender and "spacious" version of the reformulated "Rive Gauche" by YSL.
I doubt the fragrance world is any better by this new addition, a quality and almost painfully indifferent fragrance that most certainly is Poudre', and that you are now going to defend in unison, only because I have been so harsh with it.
Or maybe not?

Jazzy76
Jazzy76

Raffinatissimo, discreto, soft, come una mise da giorno dai colori sobri e dalla texture preziosa...avvolgente e "morbido" , assolutamente non 2aspro-verde" come il suo celebre predecessore. Ecco un altro profumo che mi ha conquistata fin da subito e che aggiungo alla mia lista dei desideri!

JDLNeil
JDLNeil

Agreed with the first impressions--I was almost horrified, actually. HOWEVER, I'm now, about 90 minutes later, a little bit in love with it. The powder scent really takes off, and it's edgy in a way. Apologies that I dont have better perfume-vocab--y'all are impressive.

Pinni
Pinni

My first impression was that it's too green, stale and grassy. I smelled galbanum (which I don't like)and a hint of citrus. I threw the sample paper right away.
Later on when I went back and talked to the salesperson about CM, she suggested that I could take a free sample of this home and give it some time.

I tried it on the next day and I have to admit that I really dislike the opening. After a while it started shifting to a surprising direction. It started reminding me of my childhood friend's mother, in a pleasant way! It turned softer and more powdery floral as the iris came up with a hint of jasmine. That's where it stopped and it stayed pretty much the same the rest of the day.

So I found myself liking it in the end and the childhood memories made me feel comfortable and safe. I know I'll never think of it as "my scent" because of the associations (and my different preferences) but it's a very pleasant scent after all. I'm glad I gave it some time. It was a total surprise but a positive one! It's a bit different scent for a lady that's feminine but not in the most obvious way.

beatrix75
beatrix75

omg how soft nice geoergeos fragrance is this one no chanel to bit this its the most nice off chanel creations!!!

angel6
angel6

I tried this perfume yesterday and I think is extremely simmilar to Infusion D'Iris by Prada that I already own, so I don't need it.

Belil
Belil

This sister of the original 19th is really sweet, not as sharp toothed as the older sister, bit more powdery and dreamy. I find them both extremely beautiful.
Only upon opening i smels of CARROTS! :) pretty weird for an opening, but after a few minutes those carrots are gone and I can enjoy it for up to 8 hours, really don't understand why some say it doesn't last. sure it stays close to the skin, but really lasts lasts and lasts. I have a sample, and using it sparingly I'm sure I'll be able to wear it for up to 8 times.
I like this quality in many chanel perfumes, that they all smell like separate creations, some rich sophisticated scents, and not a salad of notes. I guess this is because Gabrielle Chanel wanted this effect.

jasmasid
jasmasid

I tested it and it is very, very good indeed -- for all of 30 seconds!
There is no way I will be buying a full bottle of this -- priced as it is -- because that's like (literally) letting your hard-earned money evaporate into nothingness. I understand good quality scents have to be expensive and I am happy to pay the price and treat myself but I expect the scent to linger for at least 3 hours.
Why are less expensive perfumes so much better at being long-lasting? Some even linger on until you take a shower. It remains a complete mystery to me!

thatbrownelf
thatbrownelf

Very pretty powdery iris dusted over a heart of soft musky leather. The green notes/galbanum doesn't slice at you like an icy dagger as it did in No.19 EDT; rather it is a fresh green, like the smell of a well-worn leather jacket after rolling down a grassy hill dotted with irises.

As pretty as No. 19 Poudre is from spritz to dry down its longevity should be far, far longer--I barely get 3 hours, more like 2.5, and as I've said in other reviews I shouldn't have to buy the matching body products to get a scent to last longer. Another scent I'd like to have, but wouldn't want to buy myself.

EDIT: My body chemistry must've been off when I first reviewed this as now Poudre lasts all day on my skin and clothes. Weird. Definitely worthy of purchasing though now.

mademoiselle-c
mademoiselle-c

Its alright! Is not as obnoxiously old powder as the original 19. Beautiful leather note!

The only problem I have with it is that it does not last 2 seconds on my skin. Such a shame

Sensoria
Sensoria

Bought me a bottle last week, I own de original nr. 19 and wanted to try this one too. For me it's a combination of the original Nr. 19 and Pradas Infusion d'Iris (which I have too and also like very much)
My problem is the staying power too as Louvenia already said, the opening is sharp but soon turns into a very soft, very nice musky smell.But in about 20 minutes it fades away and I can barely smell it anymore. The original Nr. 19 stays on my skin for hours.I realy hope they can do something about this staying power.

P.S. I tried it again this week and I have the feeling I payed 80 bucks for just some water. Where is the staying power, I can't help it but I feel a little bit set up by Chanel. And this opens up another question: is it only me or are there more people who think the Perfumes of today have no staying power at all anymore, are there ingredients left out or something? More brands have this problem at the moment and next time i will not only try if I like the perfume but also look at the staying power before I buy because I don't want to pay a lot of money for only some light scented water :(

toomuchfluff
toomuchfluff

You are right Antonpan - it's definitely very eau-premiere-ish and infusiond'iris-ish at the same time -...but the development is much more sophisticated. The drydown is musky and animalic, confident and expensive.
It doesn't make sense to "show & tell" the ingredients and/or perceptions; one thing is clear for me - the goal was ULTIMATE PERFECTION. WELL, IT'S ALMOST THERE. The ingredients feel pricey, and they are blended to the state of art.
LADIES, I GUARANTEE - YOU'LL BE TIRED OF THE QUESTION "WHAT ARE YOU WEARING?".
Should I think about making it "the perfume of my life"?

rose_selavie
rose_selavie

Silent, airy, imponderable, musky and elegant. It`s like innocent snowflakes in a beautiful bright winter morning. The graceful princess of ice has arrived. She has the spirit of No. 19 mixed with the much straight forward character of Prada Infusion D`Iris. The result is a very enjoyable combination. Not very unique, but it`s a winner, in my opinion.

shabbus
shabbus

I got this as a sample at Sak's, they won't begin selling it until Aug 19 (for Coco Chanel's birthday). This is the first Chanel that I can wear. The others are much too strong and somehow smell old lady-ish on me.
I love the opening, like a very sweet splash of fresh smelling night flowers and a bit of citrus. But that's all I ever get - it never changes or develops from there. The citrus falls away somewhat, leaving the floral scent, but for me, there is no 'there' there.
I like it, but don't love it.
I will say this for it, it does not have any 'ick' factor. To me, 'ick' factor is when it smells pretty good at first, but you can tell that if you wear it for any length of time you are going to gag on it. Womanity, for instance, has a big ick factor.
This seems to be ick free. I may not be in love with it, but I'm never going to hate it, either.

Louvenia
Louvenia

I am very disappointed by the new Chanel 19 Poudre edition.I smelled it during my vacations in Italian riviera,all I can say is that this new n 19 faded in within 20 minutes.The opening was quite sharp with neroli,but after a while I could only smell powdery iris and nothing else. The drydown was so soft that I could barely smell it. Soft iris and musk. Lasting power is my biggest problem here. The classic n19 lasts for ages while this one faded to the four winds..

Chanel No.19 Poudre, when roughly translated basically means "Chanel No.19 Powder", and that pretty much sums up this scent. It has the fresh, leathery green accord from the original with a musky and powdery dose of violets and galbanum.

Chanel No.19 Poudre reminded me of another fragrance almost immediately, and it wasn't its Chanel predecessor. Le Labo Poudre d'Orient springs to mind as being a similar powdery iris chypre which I raved about only late last year. Okay, so it has been done before, but that's not to say that I find this fragrance any less impressive.

Chanel has done well with this new release, nearly making me forget the disaster that was Chance eau Tendre. It's subtle which is rather unlike Chanel, but pleasingly so. I would happily douse myself in this scent for an inoffensive Spring-like pick-me-up.

I find musky and powdery fragrances quite animalistic and sensual, so in my opinion, according to my nose, Chanel No.19 Poudre is quite attractive and inviting. I find it also surprisingly pretty and discreetly so.

Iris, especially when presented in a feminine and powdery way tends to be making a big comeback, so I wouldn't be surprised if this fragrance sells extremely well. My only gripe is that the bottle should be a little more distinguishable, seeming that the original EDP of Chanel No.19 has an almost identical bottle design and colour. I almost walked past this fragrance in the store because I thought it was the original, not the newly released flanker.

The longevity was so-so on my skin. Not heavy, but also not particularly lasting. However I believe that this is what comes with the subtlety. All in all, an exciting new release that lived up to all the hype.

mjb28
mjb28

I was been waiting to try this one and finally got it! The fragrance opens like the original, green florals, but less powdery and musky at the same time.

I had tried so many scent before, but had never my senses heightened. The scent seemed to fill my nose. And I wanted to keep it there, exploring the sensation that had become unexpectedly, so fresh, spontaneous, feminine and so sexual… This was a cool, elegant experience in Chanel 19 poudre.

The dry down is more softer, modern, sophisticated and wearable. My Mom loves the orignal, smells so luxurious to her and I admired it too. But this, is more approachable, sweet, less powdery. This is me! I can relate myself to this.

What's more amazing, is its lasting power. I tested in the afternoon and it was 7 hours later I washed my hands, the scent still lingers. This is totally fanstastic. Chanel always never fails to excite me.

I really love this! Now, I really need to save up for a bottle! Can't wait to have it in my collection.

pauluch3
pauluch3

The opening is really interesting, one can detect some sharpness and freshness. It literally reminds me of a pine forest. Later on, the mix of iris, jasmine and musk come forward. It's really pleasant, but the musk tends to overpower other notes.

All in all, the new no 19 smells like a very expensive and luxurious soap. It makes you feel fresh and clean, and the staying power is up to Chanel standards. Nothing ground-breaking.
***

alli8769
alli8769

I have a love-hate relationship to the original No.19 (still can't make up my mind about it!). However, got samples to work today of this fragrance and it was... A-W-E-S-O-M-E!

That was my first impression, after sniffing around for a while I noticed the resemblance of both Dior Addict to life and Prada's infusion d'iris, so a little diappointed at the same time that it wasn't anything totally revolutionary, but this one will probably be a big hit.

A very nice, warm, soft feminine fragrance. Love the combination of all the notes (I'm a sucker for pretty much all of them). All I can say is go and get it girls! (and boys?).. ^^

antonpan
antonpan

The original №19 is too old-fashioned for most of customers, while Poudre is much more modern, but still aims at mature audience.

The first seconds the novelty is extremely alike original №19. But soon Poudre becomes powdery in a soapy way of, for example, Prada Infusion d'Iris. Surprisingly I feel a little resemblance to №5 Eau Premiere in the base.

However №19 Poudre deserves your attention. Green chypre fragrances (like №19 from 70s) are not trendy nowadays; the new scent is musky floral and thereby it doesn't sound outmoded.

cedriceccentric
cedriceccentric

Just tried it today. The SA said: "C'est très spécial". That's always a good sign, that means it's not a pink fruit floral. LOL
I agree with Taka Beata, Poudré only smells like the classic N°19 for the few first minutes after spraying. After a bit of a citrus à la Prada Infusion d'Iris moment, it quickly becomes warmer and "rounder". Actually I find it more feminine than the androgynous classic and much more cozy. On my skin, only the very volatile citrus opening gave a lot of sillage, the heart and base stay much closer to the skin. On the paper blotter the whole stayed fresher and the iris was much more noticeable. If classic N°19 is a green floral/semi-chypre, Poudré is more something like a warm soft musk floral. Where N°19 is an icy beauty, Poudré is way more approachable.
Poudré is of course elegant but for a Chanel it is quite casual/easy to wear. Except for the "c'est très spécial" opening, I can't say that Poudré is very original, it's not a statement fragrance like N°5. It's just a very, very likeable "feel good" scent.

Chic yet casual, contemporary, soft, cocoon-like.

P.S.: How about layering Poudré with Classic N°19 or even Prada Infusion d'Iris? Or accentuate the floral heart with something like Jo Malone's Orange Blossom.

TakaBeata
TakaBeata

This is the powder scent but with the delicate smile of woman...
Only at the beginning (1 minute) reminds me original Chanel 19. Then falls iris and mandarine. The iris remains long and nicely then appears neroli . Neroli lasts to the end of the scent , but is not of sports , is delicate and feminine.
The beautiful scent. Congratulations Jacques Polge.

delphine67
delphine67

I had the chance to sample the new scent yesterday.
The opening is fresh green with iris. then it became more powdery and I can start to smell the musk and rose. For me the Iris stays prominent, but after a while I can reconize a bit of the original no 19 at the background of this scent.
Its a more floral then a green scent, what the original no 19 is.
all and all lovely but I think I prefer the original 19 more

mediterranean
mediterranean

Chanel 19 poudre has just arrived to Spain. I tried it today generously and I must say I expected more. The opening is beautiful with musk, iris and green leaves, but after a while it fades and there is iris and little more. It is powdery, evocative and nostalgic.It is a perfume I would like to use in the mornings just after the shower in spring or summer but it lacks the personality of the classic chanel 19.

girasolina
girasolina

Come sempre riconosco la maestria del naso creatore. Per chi ha amato il n. 19 ci sarà soddisfazione per il suo sentore meno pungente ma presente e addolcito da iris. Non è assolutamente il mio tipo di profumo nemmeno per una volta, ma quanto è buono e elegante. Davvero Coco sarebbe felice di questa fragranza.

querelle
querelle

Ladies, forget the aggressiveness of the original, the "cruel" lady behind No19 has fallen in love.. Her intensified masculine side has been wrapped in a poudre mist of musks and TOP grade iris and now she's seating in her balcony, sipping a gin and tonic, waiting for the object of her desire..
Same thing with Coco and Coco Mademoiselle, Mr Polge got the original theme and he imagined how No19 would smell in the new era, on a younger lady, keeping every virtue of the original and adding a few more.
Still green fresh, galbanum, neroli, bergamot and hyacinth wrapped up in that brilliant leather note of Cuir De Russie and then the white flowers, ylang ylang and the rose and then the musks and the iris and more leather!
Believe it or not, it is so well crafted and so beautiful, it will break your heart. And of course it has the main virtue of most Chanel's perfumes: it will never let you down.

PS: The young ladies behind the Chanel counter in Selfridges are absolutely lovely and brilliant. And very, very well dressed..

Aroussa
Aroussa

Tried it at Selfridges over the week-end - 19 Poudre is available there exclusively (at least for now). I loved the soft sophisticated feminine scent - not harsh and bittery like some irises can be, and not baby-powdery like some 'poudres' are. I would have bought it if not for my formidable collection of perfumes which I own already. But for someone looking for a new, original and classy summer scent, ladies, this is it!

Jacqueline
Jacqueline

Yesterday I met a saleslady from Chanel..

I said, I know what's in that beautiful box, and she said..impossible you know this already.haha.

No one here in the Netherlands seems to know about Fragantica.
Well, indeed, no 19 poudre was it!!

I am not good at revieuws, but I liked it a LOT more than 19.I do not like it at all.
But for your info, she told me the soft, warmer feeling comes from my favorite note tonkabean!!

suile
suile

The Chanel boutique in Selfridges have an advance copy, as it were, bottle of this tucked away in a drawer - I nearly died of excitement this morning.

On first trying it out, it doesn't seem to be very closely related to the original No.19. There are the lovely iris and musk notes as promised. It seems to be a much more modern fragrance overall and would have more general appeal.

However, (using a card, not wearing it), the very distinctive aroma of No.19 appeared about an hour later, combined with the powdery iris, which is one of my favourite notes anyway, the whole effect is dreamy. Apparently on sale in October. No.19 Jersey will have an advance copy around soon.

Chanel No 19 Poudre by Chanel 4.01 out of 5 based on 1087 ratings and 200 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Chanel Chanel No 19 Poudre fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Chanel Chanel No 19 Poudre, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Chanel No 19 Poudre by Chanel. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Chanel No 19 Poudre by Chanel represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.