Designers » C » Chypre Floral « Groups

Cristalle Chanel for women

Cristalle Chanel for women
dislike

I have it: 923 I had it: 570 I want it: 554 My signature: 40

Cristalle Chanel for women Pictures Cristalle Chanel for women Pictures Cristalle Chanel for women Pictures Cristalle Chanel for women Pictures Cristalle Chanel for women Pictures Cristalle Chanel for women Pictures

Eau de toilette Cristalle was created in 1974, by the famous Chanel perfume creator Henri Robert. A perfect and pure fragrance composition reminds of an ideally lined crystal. Clear green notes reveal a wide spectrum: from green spicy basil to sweet petitgrain, a perfect beginning followed by exuberant eruption of lemon and bergamot freshness. The green note of galbanum unites the citrus notes and extends their glorious melody. The heart is composed of hyacinth and jasmine, but their luxuriance is subordinate to the perfect lines of the entire composition. The base includes oak moss and wood.

The perfume belongs to the floral-chypre olfactive group. Eau de parfum Cristalle was created by Jacques Polge in 1993. While EDT is mysterious and astringent 'chypre', eau de parfum is sweeter and richer. The verdure of the top notes is significantly moderated, and bergamot is replaced by sweet mandarin. Juicy peach and melon repel the dark notes characteristic for EDT, and bring out the whole composition to the daylight. Exotic luxury of ylang-ylang and jasmine contrasts the soily nuance of vetiver and oak moss.

Bergamot Sicilian Lemon

Les Creations de Monsieur Dior Diorella

Cristalle Fragrance Reviews

waternight
waternight

What a strange perfume - I can see why it has inspired so much contemplation.

First off, I have a retail sample that just says "fragrance" on the card, and nowhere does it state the concentration, so I do not know if this is the EDT, EDP, or something else.

I don't know what I was expecting, but it certainly was not what I experienced. Cristalle opens so, so softly that I initially questioned whether I'd even managed to apply it at all, and led me to add another drop. She is all gentle bergamot supported by dried hyacinth and the tiniest, tiniest thread of oak moss. Unlike the juicy, greenhouse hyacinth of, say, Penhaligon's Bluebell, the floral note here is very dusty and dry.

While I agree with the categorization of this fragrance as an "ice queen" of a scent, to me, I do not get anything crystalline at all. This scent evokes pale, wispy gray to me. Shy, hidden, old faded tombstones in an abandoned churchyard. Not haunted, per se, just...dormant. Always stays very soft and close to the skin, and is one of the shortest-lived scents I've ever tried.

JaiTee
JaiTee

The first time I ever tried Cristalle edp, I was huffing away at my wrist to try to analyse all the notes. All I could detect was salt and dust.

I have since discovered that there are a couple of scents that don't work when I try to get "all up in their grill" like that! (Hypnotic Poison is the other one.)

So the second time I wore Cristalle, I resisted the urge to go nose-to-skin, and instead, sprayed lower on my body.

Finally, trumpets and confetti!

Cristalle is a contradiction -- crisp and lemony, yet earthy, rooty, grounding, too. There are high notes and low notes harmonising to surround you in its aura.

So perfect for this chilly, yet sunny autumn day.

2nd review;
finally finally bought the edp yesterday:)a big 100ml bottle.
And really this scent is the most unique and different i've smelled. The first spray; a big smile on my face as i'm hit with the equivalent of a frozen forest moss and citruses galore, and the muddy pond and sparkly fruit accord. This is in the same family as chanel N19 to me; the icy/aloof beauties; but theyre very different; cristalle is even more cold and "damp".
I somehow envision this to be the smell in a white uber-modern villa on top of a hill; with high-tech airplanes in the garage instead of cars; dont ask me why:P
verdict:LOVE (edp)
sillage and longevity: moderate

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

Cristalle opens with a delicate and slightly metallic herbal accord comprising several "organic" pungent and natural nuances (basil, mint, grassy notes), citrus notes, fresh and lively white flowers, dry resins, a really subtle vanilla-amber-woody base which provides a light, but at the same time elegant and Oriental warmth embracing the "freshness" of the scent. Honestly initially the oak moss is not that perceivable in my opinion, after a while the only thing I could link to it is a vague greenish-mossy note, humid and slightly dark, but without all the stale earthiness of oak moss. However I was surely not expecting a Puig's Quorum in drag, so no big deal. The name Cristalle perfectly fits this scent, which in fact has a "cristalline" personality, where crystal means transparency, freshness, angular cleanliness, almost an abstract architecture. Clean, understated and geometrical, elegant but somehow a bit anonym and pale (not in a good way: imagine the smell of a "faded" scent), plus with a really short longevity. Interesting, but nothing amazing to me.

CozyCat
CozyCat

I love this scent in EDT. The opening is abit harsh and green, but after that settles, I was rewarded with a very soothing, cool green drydown, reminiscent of crushed wet leaves, subtly sweet like a touch of flower nectar (or maybe something like cold, moist honeydew rinds?), and deepened with some crispy fresh vetiver, just enough to keep it from veering into the masculine territory. It has something like an 'expensive face cream' note in it, so I don't find it sharp at all! The opposite infact, it's quite smooth, no annoying masculine tartness (it's just for the first 15mins) or acidic/sour/orange-juice nuances like you get in many modern summer scents. Very natural, feminine and refined, Cristalle is totally easygoing, laidback, cheerful and relaxed, but she is also very graceful, cool, calm and collected...I see a natural beauty wearing this, a shy and soft-spoken sort of intellect. Her style is minimalist and put-together, classy, casual-smart, with some dainty feminine touches. Great for all ages, even teenagers (if they can appreciate green scents). But I don't know if a man can pull this off because of that 'face cream' note in it. So comfortable for warm days, it tricks my nose into thinking I've just slathered some cold moisturizing lotion on my skin.

Now, I don't know what it must have smelled like in the past, I'm smelling Cristalle edt for the 1st time today, and loving it so far. I have enough warm-weather scents for this year, so next year I will get me a bottle of this stuff. I'd love to try the EDP as well if I come across it, because the longevity is not that great with EDT (~5 hours with 3 spritzes..sillage is moderate).

mightypog
mightypog

Finally managed to make this last longer than ten minutes by spraying about a half milliliter all over my shirt instead of on my skin. Now, for the first time since I got this 2 ml sample from Nordstrom, I finally can experience it. It's got a nice dry citrus, a faint whiff of vetiver now and again and some ozonic fresh air thing I like. Sort of like the champagne spritzer of the perfume world. Likable. Unfortunately, I just used up the last of it.

celticelle
celticelle

I'm wondering if Chanel has actually removed the oakmoss from the EDP, which is what I'm reviewing. Or else they're using a low-atranol version that does not smell mossy to my nose. To me, this smells like smoke, strong incense, mixed with vetiver. I think smoke should be listed in the notes and not the moss. I have never worn it before and so can't make a comparison to how it might have smelled in the past.

It starts off with lemon and bergamot, and then as they fade, the bitter smoke smell begins to develop. It's pleasant while it's mixing with the mid note floral notes, but as they drop back, the smoke becomes very intense on me. I don't get a wood note at all.

I tried mixing it with a natural lavender, neroli and jasmine natural fragrance that I have, and the lavender really mixes nicely with the smoke and calms it down. That note is really too strong for me in Cristalle. Mixed with the lavender, it's very pretty and subtle.

Unfortunately, I'm starting to dislike it after loving the sampling of it on my skin in the store. It does have a cigarette odor that is stark and bitter.

Waltzing Matilda
Waltzing Matilda

EDP:
As the name suggests Cristalle is a clear and sparkling fragrance. It opens with some hugely evident citrus and after what seems like ages, it eventually morphs into some softer oakmoss and grassiness. I would suggest that it's more suitable for the warmer months because it has some airy lightness. Good lasting power and sillage.

davitea
davitea

I am in the Eau de Toillette club, I don't care for the parfum at all.
I agree with nero77's every word:
This is a forest full of moss, but the weather is not cold because the forest is perspiring with these beautiful natural aromas. I don't find it fresh or sparkly or crisp at all. It' s warm, green and woody and It's like I had my nose stuck in between plants' leaves and branches.
Another picture coming to my mind is greenhouse full of ferns.
Very different. I love it but I agree with reviewrs: not everybody will. Aquired taste.

julieekerr
julieekerr

did not think i would like this scent, given the composition, however having worn it a few times i have grown to appreciate it. it will never be on my love list but it is very pleasant to wear in the day time summer. It has a clean citrus opening, then a pretty floral base which is not over sweet or peppery. elegant, and cool

VickyLondres
VickyLondres

EDP -
I worked at a Chanel counter for 5 years, and this was my go to scent. It is forever on my wish list. It is so unique and wonderful, it smells nothing like the EDT, which is awful.
I ended up buying Chanel No.5 instead because I really enjoy the layering experience, soap, lotion, serum, EDP, EDT. And I can't do this with Cristalle. Even then, this is still a perfect option for warmer months.

EDT -
An entirely different fragrance. Awful. Don't want it anywhere near me.

Cristalle Eau de Toilette - on my skin it starts with a blast of oakmoss, the citrus i shy and I can hardly detect the Hyacint. Very nice every-day-scent, very classy, elegant and sophisticated. Chic & timeless!

Cristalle Eau de Toilette - på mig startar den med en fanfar av ekmossa. Citrusen är blyg och jag kan nästan upptäcka Hyacinten. Otroligt trevlig varje-dag-doft. Väldigt klassisk, elegant och sofistikerad. Chic & tidlös!

Revontuli
Revontuli

The EdP version doesn't smell like "cristalle" at all; at least I can't relate what I smell with the title. This one is so smoky! But I love it. These days I seem to like relating fragrances with fabrics: This one feels like... "suede".

Lily2911
Lily2911

It is my "Boardroom" perfume : stunning cold but really mesmerizing scent. The strange thing is that when i wear this perfume, some people compliment me with a respectful " you smell really good" but without any further questioning of "which perfume is this?"you normally get. As if "Cristalle" is providing me an aura of "Mystery" you don't try to decipher....
It is my most treasured gem during summer. Although i like "Prada Iris" also - which has same crispy character - Cristalle is far superior and nothing can really replace this stunning Perfume Queen. I really pray this will never be discontinued.

ClaudiaA1
ClaudiaA1

Cristalle starts off with sweet citrus notes, like mandarin juice with a tinge of crushed wild mint leaves. The EDP version is supposed to have peach and melon in it, but I honestly cannot detect either of them. Instead, I get a fresh scent, like green grass, that stays with me till the end... of those 6 pleasant hours.

4scents
4scents

Wearing this fragrance reminded me of being in the middle of winter surrounded by frozen trees longing for springtime blooms. Her message is loud and very clear transitional winter/springtime scent that can be worn into summer/fall due to the change of greenery in the seasons. Classic,celebration of cool, calm and collected, I felt a deep connection to the the earth and in total control of what my own assumption of sophistication means.

jlfears
jlfears

Eau de Toilette:

Oh, you sneaky, sneaky scent. I think you're gone just 30 minutes after I spray you on my wrists, only to get a beautiful whiff of you when I move quickly or when my body temperature rises.

This is a cold, cold scent.

I get lemon and light basil (or galbanum? ... not sure what that smells like) and jasmine and oakmoss, but mostly a cold, harsh winter of a lemon. This is in no way lemonade.

I have to breathe out hot air and immediately smell my still-warm wrists to get the jasmine, but it's there, and is a hair raunchy.

It smells a little "snooty" ~ but I just love it. It's for someone who is confident and strong ~ or for someone who wants to be. I feel you have to be comfortable in your own skin to wear this one.

It's for someone who couldn't care less if you hug him/her, but is content if you do. And if you're being hugged by Cristalle, you feel honored.

It definitely sparkles.

Eau de Parfum:

This one is rich. It's a hair warmer due to the heavy peach (very ripe, almost gone bad) and oakmoss. The initial blast is similar to that of the EDT, but the rest is a totally different animal.

Both scents say "70s" to me, for some reason. I prefer the EDT. I wish it were much, much stronger, but then it wouldn't be the ice queen we all (or most) love.

corinnesmith1
corinnesmith1

I love the Eau De Parfum. It will always be a classic for me. Elegant, sparkling, refined.
Crisp and also floral, perfect for Spring and Fall..

samlovefragrance

I dont get the general preference for the edt, at least in it's current state. I mean seriously! the current edt is mainly citrus and grassy hyacinth, with a base of vetiver, all very thin and fleeting. Not worth all the hype! it barely lasts half an hour!
the EDP on the other hand is glorious, the edt accord is preserved, green and dewy, but made richer with more weight, a subtle mix of peach, civet and hyacinth gives tenacity and a bit more warmth, but otherwise the same DNA. the edt is a diluted mist of a fragrance. the EDP feels like an actual perfume.
the EDP definitely for me. love it.

woodlandwalk
woodlandwalk

(Review of EDT)
A ray of morning sunlight glinting on dew-covered moss - Cristalle is both a tonic and an antidote to patchouli and fudge-heavy perfumes.

I was very pleased to learn that Edmond Roudnitska had a hand in the creation of this, because it has facets of Diorella and Le Parfum de Therese, both of which I love and admire.

The similarity is in the opening notes of juicy lemon/lime, oakmoss and vetiver, softened with jasmine (not noted here but it's clear to my nose).

The difference is in the prettier floral dry down, which reminds me of violets or violet leaf, but is most likely hyacinth (which luckily has no hint of air freshener here at all).

Though I'd say that Cristalle is more lady-like, refined and therefore less sexy than Diorella, it's still more relaxed than Le Parfum de Therese which has a stronger melon-like accord which seems a bit obvious at times.

But enough comparison! I'd always thought of Cristalle as a 'blonde' sort of perfume (by which I don't mean dumb!) more a light, polished aesthetic that would seem suited to someone with lighter colouring. But actually Cristalle's light-filled, mossy quality is natural, of the earth, suitable for anyone who likes the idea of rain drops glistening amongst the moss in a Zen garden.

It would be beautifully refreshing for a summer’s day but wearable year round, silage moderate, longevity around 3 hours

truffles
truffles

The top notes of this (EDP)are glorious! Pure grass and lemon.
Very very quickly, these fade and the warm heart that is quite like 'A Scent', emerges. I wouldn't say it's that like O de Lancome, as that is perhaps sharper and tinged with the dreaded basil.
I prefer the top notes to the rest - finding the heart a bit 'Lentheric' perhaps, but still find Cristalle extremely enjoyable to wear.
I don't discern any peach or fruitiness as all at any stage, thankfully.
I'm absolutely certain I've sniffed this from tester bottles a few times over the years - how could I have not cottoned on to it sooner??

tonkabeanster
tonkabeanster

EDT review:

No. 19 is usually considered the purse-lipped ice queen of the Chanel family, but she actually has a tender floral heart somewhere under those designer duds, and probably donates anonymously to charity. Cristalle, on the other hand, is perfectly soulless, with a sharp grass-and-lemon opening that gives way to cold rain and the air inside a florist's fridge.

The smell of a woman's cool disdain as she turns her back on a dozen despairing suitors. Kind of amazing.

strawberryswitchblade
strawberryswitchblade

"Cristalle" is the equivalent to an ice cold spring surrounded by ferns, moss, and ancient trees in the middle of a forest on a scorching hot day. It is clear, cold, fresh, sharp and watery.There is not an ounce of sweetness or warmth in it. To complete this picture and to give the fragrance a little twist - there is also a slight smell of mud and decaying vegetation at the bottom of it. Siillage and longevity are not overwhelming but elicit compliments even after 2 to 3 hrs

laantjebanaantje
laantjebanaantje

Today I tested both EdT and EdP and I do find them to be rather different.
The Eau de Parfum opens with fresh citrus and juicy melon, but then becomes a beautiful fuzzy blend of hiacynth and peach (skin and flesh). It has a more floral character than the Eau de Toilette and it is quite watery, but not aquatic. The melon stays quite prominent in the heart of the fragrance and I find it be a similar melon to the one found in Le Parfum de Thérèse, although a bit greener.
In the late drydown I get quite a lot of (synthetic) oakmoss, giving the fragrance a wonderful earthy, slightly dirty edge.
Cristalle EdP reminds me of a greenhouse or flowers in a vase, the water allready a bit murky. A bit melancholic, but still beautiful and a reminder of spring.
If Art Nouveau could be represented by a single scent, it would be Cristalle Eau de Parfum, imo.
The Eau de Toilette is more citrusy and sharp. The citruses stay longer and the opening reminded me of curry in a weird way. After some time a green crisp accord emerges from the curry. It smells like green stems and sap. The hiacynth is sharper and not accompanied by peach here. There's also a hint of woodyness and the wet, earthy vetiver is more pronounced. It reminds me of a young branch, still slightly green but with a firm bark, broken off from a tree.
It is so bright and uplifting, beautifully elegant and yet, there's a dark, foresty edge to it. A spring forest at dusk maybe?
I left the store with the Eau de Parfum, the currynote of the EdT had not yet disappeared and I just loved the quiet contemplative dreamyness of the EdP, but now, I'm wondering whether it was the right choise...

I don't really understand why there are no different pages for EdT and EdP, they truely are worlds apart. I mean, even the composition is different, different accords were used!

Catty

After an eternity wearing Cristalle (really a big fan), I decided to try something new in the last year. Conclusion: I ended coming back to it again.

I could find nice green scents, but one is similar to the other. Cristalle has really a french-vintage smell, that is not present anymore among the green scents launched nowadays.

A really unique and very out-of-Mainstream scent.
A Treasure!

Zarii
Zarii

I love this fragrance. Cristalle is fresh, green, crisp, cool. It is the perfect accompaniment to the lull of July days, but perfect throughout spring and summer. When you are stuck inside the office, Cristalle feels like a breath of air rushing around the foot of trees, along the grass in the summer breeze. I love the EDT for its greenness, and am not a fan of the EDP - mostly because it smells plain and boring in comparison.

CHOYÈTTI
CHOYÈTTI

The weirdest fragrance, I've ever tried on.
Definitely not for me, I think this is for a very strong person who has a big personality.

naomi.scott
naomi.scott

This is a lovely perfume in the most hideous bottle I own.

c-hope2
c-hope2

Cristalle is the One of my favorite perfumes, it is natural , fresh, subtle, citrusy. It is the class in a bottle.

Atticusalexis
Atticusalexis

This is the fragrance that I have walked pass the Chanel counter countless times and it has never occurred to me to actually spray it, sniff it and ponder over it. My attention has always been captured by those housed in the signature Chanel glass bottles.

I have always been an avid fan of Coco Mademoiselle and the Les Exclusifs line, so you can imagine my surprise when I stumbled upon this gem when I was contemplating on my next favourite-to-be.

My first impression of Cristalle is its crisp and clear opening , a sober and fresh feeling that never fails to wake me up to face the day. Having said that, Cristalle is not a harsh fragrance, on the contrary it is smooth, soft, comfortable yet crystal clear to me. If Cristalle is a colour, it would be a light forest green with hues of blue.

As time works it's magic, I get to know Cristalle better... the softer side came through. I detect floral notes (sorry, I am not capable of identifying them like a perfumer though I wish I can someday), the green remains strong, the two are seamless together and also some earthly woody scent.

It is the perfect scent for the day, especially to work. I find it very appealing to wear to the office, professional yet not boring, it is simply beautiful.

All in all, I have never expected to fall so deeply into Cristalle so unexpectedly. Yes, I was about to finish an entire bottle of 100ml EDT in a record 3 months when I lost my grip and broke my bottle of Cristalle (with the remaining 20ml all lost to the floor). I let out a scream so loud that my parents actually came rushing to my room. I was more concerned about the lost of the fragrance than the danger of the glass shards cutting my hand (which fortuantely it didn't).

Totally loss sleep that fatefully night over it and I swear to get a brand new bottle as soon as I woke up the next morning.

Castor
Castor

My review won't be too poetic nos inspiring. Rather down to earth.

Cristalle is a very cold fragrance when thought of as a feminine scent.

How Mr. Robert did it is amazing: at least in the version I have, which is the new one, the top notes are not that crisp as you mght expect. Yes, there are hesperidic notes in it, but somehow toned down. Thus, when wearing it the mid - brazilian wood and hyacinth - and the base notes - oak moss and vetiver - take hold of the blend. One might assume that the oakmoss is a synhtetic version in lieu of the real one, which is not in use as it was time ago limted in quantities due to restrictions.

One can't help comparing it too Miyake's A Scent and arriving to the conclusion this last one is more joyful for the very simple reason the citrics play a central role in it, thus it feels way more transparent as well as cheering. Not the case of Cristalle, that feels more uptight and formal.

Upon smelling if for the first time it brought to me the feeling of being an emasculated version of acquatic scents; I even ventured that if calone or any other ozonic raw material would be added to the blend one might end up giving birth to whatever your favorite acquatic woody is.

Leave this idea behind. Cristalle is the way it is: if citrics are your favorite, choose A Scent, just as my wife does. If you are into a more serious style, formal, restrained blend, this will do. So formal and restrained that longevity is that to be worn by those despising scent notoriusness - it is rather a skin scent if worn properly.

And for the guys digging in so called feminines that can be considered unisex because of masculines smelling feminines, they might as well pull this off in a quite confident manner: they will only be smelt by those close to him.

In that sense, it can be considerd the right one for an intimate occasion in which showing one's sensible persona can turn into an effective weapon of seduction - iff the scent in question is ignored by the woman he will share his time with.

Cold for women, cozy for men. Interesting take on this classic that I enjoy a lot.

nero77
nero77

Like a walk through a wet forest in the spring...

This is a review for the EDT. This fragrance, whilst being a classic, is certainly (not) for everyone!

What hits me upon initial impression is the bitterness of it all. A hit of very citric lemon and oakmoss which stays throughout the life of the fragrance, coupled with a floral drydown (I'm detecting a little hedione, or jasmin-like smell). This is very "green" and sparkling, hence the name Cristalle.

It smells very very mossy and lemony acidic, almost giving the impression to me of walking through a forest with the trees and flowers still wet from the spring rain. To me it doesn't exude "freshness" because of the heavy oakmoss vibe, but I can see what other people mean when they describe it that way.

Who would wear this fragrance? Well, anyone who likes "green" or "hesperidic" (i.e. slightly citric) scents... or those who like a little bitterness in their fragrances. On that kind of person it will be a holy grail fragrance. For me, I enjoy it (it's also completely unisex as an EDT), but I can't fit into it so easily.

Overall... is it well made? Yes. Is it a classic? Yes. For everyone? Well, for those who like this type of scent... green, bitter, mossy, damp, citric and sparkling! Like rain dew on flowers and musty, moss-covered tree logs in the forest after a downpour of heavy spring rain. You've done it again Chanel... (to me) this is slightly disturbing, yet unmistakably unique!

stephanie.hamrick
stephanie.hamrick

I much prefer the Eau Verte flanker over the original. I don't know why, but on me, the combination of oakmoss and citrus in this one comes out smelling like the flea market bathrooms when I was a kid, synthetic bathroom cleaner and the stale-cigarette scent that never quite went away. I'm pretty sure the lemon/oakmoss combination is the reason that Diorella did weird things on my skin, too. It doesn't seem to be a combination that works on me.

Mas777
Mas777

This summer , Cristalle edp has been my cup of tea! :) so fresh, so simple with its notes of galbanum and lemon , yet so smart! On my skin (on my DRY skin!)I could smell also a tender and warm perfume of jasmine and peach, sometimes in different concentration, probably dipending on the hour I sprayed it... it's an enchanting mystere.. and I will use this edp also these fall/winter...
I think edt is also fantastic, but not on dry skin, 'cause is not long lasting... IMO!! :)

stormyla
stormyla

Cristalle EDP is a true comfort scent for me. Whenever I am feeling a bit sluggish or blue,this fragrance always energizes me. It's also conversely a calming influence. It seems that after every bad fragrance experience, I use Cristalle to return to normalcy.

I love the fresh green opening and the comforting dry down I get many compliments on this scent which is odd as I don't find it to have a large sillage. Years ago I wore the EDT but then the SA introduced me to the EDP. Neither scent lasts very long on me,the EDP only goes for about 4 or 5 hours. It will go 7 or 8 hours if I layer it with the body milk,which I do in winter.

The coolness of this fragrance is very refreshing. I just wish that it would last longer as it is fairly pricey. I haven't tried the Eau Vert, but think maybe I will!

nikoleta1
nikoleta1

Sublime floral chypre, I smell a touch of tobacco and LEATHER, UNISEX, NOT INTRUDING OR OVERWHELMING, CLEAN BUT DIRTY, CLASSY PERFUME. WOODY AND COLD, CRYSTAL IS A GOOD NAME, DIRTY CRYSTAL...

bluebellinthewoods
bluebellinthewoods

A dirty citrusy white floral. I wear in the summer and although not my most loved scent it always gets positive comments from men and women alike.

aqua76239
aqua76239

I tried it in my search for citrusy scent-yes, its citrusy but also green, herbal, without an once of sweetness. It also had too much of oakmoss for my taste. This can easily be unisex scent.
If you like very herbal smelling green scents, this is a good one to try. Not for me though

DivotDiva
DivotDiva

Finally obtained a sample of the EdT to compare to the EdP, current formulations. The EdP did not really suit me but I find they are very similar. Believe I prefer the EdT.

The first spritz brings out extremely astringent, bitter accords and then calms to a green scent. I can detect hyacinth but I really don't get a lot of citrus (on me) While the dry down brings out the oak moss and grassy notes, the austere character remains. I don't find it lasts hours on end (it is an EdT) so I would have to reapply. I don't find it particularly "refreshing" to cool me off as others have mentioned, for a hot day, but it does bring something sparkling to mind, like a gin and tonic which is also bitter. It's definitely an original, as it is so far removed from the floral-fruity types selling today. I see this as very good when you don't want to wear the same thing as others or need a break from florals or frooty-tooty scents.

I'm a little on the fence on whether or not to buy a FB. I am also sampling the Eau Verte.

Edit:
I tested it several times and both versions haunted me. I wanted to not like it, but something kept bringing me back. It's still not refreshing but a respite from my collection of sweeter or oriental perfumes. I decided to pull the trigger for the EdT before they reformulate it again. The ingredients specify "tree moss". The EdP is a bit sweeter and a little more citrus in the opening, and lasts longer than the EdT, but I found the dry down of both to be similar. I like that it's different!

Njensen1
Njensen1

Eau de parfum...eau de oak moss! I can see it developing into a complex, sophisticated aroma, but the necessity to fight through the first fifteen minutes does not warrant the cost, and I'm my personal opinion...the name of Chanel.

blacktaffeta
blacktaffeta

This review is for vintage EdT.

Bitterness, as a dominant feature, is quite rare in fragrance, especially in these days of gourmands and fruity florals. Cristalle strikes me as a fundamentally bitter perfume, especially during the first few moments. I imagine it's the combination of the citrus, basil and galbanum the produces this effect.

And I like it! It's different, and refreshing on a warm and humid day at the beginning of July. The florals peek through demurely, but mostly it's about the green.

Soon though, this exciting beginning fades, and to my nose there's not much left behind. A faint hint of mossiness follows the shy flowers, but that's all. Longevity and sillage are poor, which is surprising to me for a vintage Chanel fragrance.

I'm glad I have this, and will use it in hot weather, but I'm a little disappointed that the intriguing and unusual opening is the best part. However as another poster pointed out, one can always reapply.

Conifer lover
Conifer lover

Word on the street is that this fragrance in vintage form is sought after. Yes well the demonic and competitive side of me always tends to seize the opportunity when I have a chance.

So I went to the store, where they have a BNIB Cristalle just minding her own business, looking for a good home. I'm pretty good at giving fragrances a good home so I gave her a try.Bad Move on my part. What the what? This crap is so overly citric it's pathetic. Who wears this stuff? One sniff threw me into a coughing fit and had me wheezing (I don't have asthma). Solidly sour and equally offensive, I knew there was no way I would reconsider.

We had a brief moment, lasted about 15 seconds and I knew in my heart of hearts that this Vintage Chanel would have to wait for a different taxi because there is no way I'm giving her a ride home! I told her to take a hike!

None of the listed notes were present, my nose only smelled bitterness. Sour, rancid lemons or limes. Nasty, just nasty.

I carefully placed her back into her cardboard coach, and gave her a final salutation. Peace out my friend, don't call me, I'll call you.

Amparo Noir
Amparo Noir

Cristalle EDT from Chanel website:

Floral-fresh, a subtle fragrance, a harmonious blend of citrus, honeysuckle and hyacinth.

My review on Cristalle EDT:

It's woody, seriously, it's a strong woody, earthy scent, no coubt, its masculine in character. Yet, it develops to one of the most wonderful scents I have ever smelled! It turns out to be quite similar to No 19, but with more citrus-floral vibrancy, with subtle powdery note. A single spray makes you well-scented for the whole day.

Limpylou
Limpylou

Am waiting for he arrival of Cristalle EDP from eBay. I hope it takes me back to my memory of my July wedding in 1979. I made certain I did not order the Eau Verte. I so loved the fragrance then, and until I could no longer find it in stores. I am hoping for the scent of summer memories...

lara.suzin
lara.suzin

At first contact with my skin, this scent has proved to be a strong smell of tobacco. After a few minutes became a smell citrus green with enough depth (with smoky notes reminiscent smell of cigar, which is not my type of scent), finally the smell that settles on the skin is much like the Organza by Givenchy with more spicy notes and fresher, recalls (with much more refinement, of course), at times, the smell of acetone... nail polish remover!

It is an intense perfume and strange, but I think I like ...

ArtzGirl
ArtzGirl

This fragrance hits some high notes and adds a new dimension to some classic type sisters of this scent -- such as Eau du Hadrian by Annick Goutal. I tried this today along side Channel's Chance Eau du Fraiche - and this hits the higher register notes that give this fragrance a very sharp smell as you first spray it.

I know I shouldn't probably compare the two fragrances, but I would say that Channel was genius to create 2 separate fragrances with the same exact base notes. In my opinion, and with my chemistry... it smells almost as if Channel created these two fragrances to be the alto and soprano sisters to one another. The base notes are so similar that I could see wearing Eau du Fraiche in the morning, then laying Crystal over this as the day wears on, for a refresher - and to lift the mood.

I am drawn to both fragrances. They are fruits from the same tree - sisters.

----------------

Your individual chemistry will determine a lot with this one... I totally "get" that this fragrance could almost smell like PLASTIC on certain people's chemistries. There is a sharpness to the initial spraying that almost goes into a very "chemical" type range... very similar to my experience of the original David Yurman scent. This would be a fragrance that you would want to spray about 30 minutes before going to an event, AT LEAST... just to allow it the appropriate time to "set up" on your skin.

----------------

Crystal has a longer endurance and more silage than Eau du Fraiche. Seven hours of wear, and Crystal is clearly evident on the skin and holding its own with great silage. Eau du Fraiche is so low key, eight hours into it... that it is barely even evident.

-----------------

Crystal is the Endurance Queen, lasting over 15 hours on my skin. Although it is much softer, it is still present - even through a shower! Great to find a fragrance that has this much strength and endurance without being too powerful in the initial stages!

------------------

On a 2nd testing...
This fragrance is going almost abrasively "chemical". This is really funny, because I just tried this fragrance over 3 weeks ago and I kind of liked it... but today, it is really hitting a nerve and I don't like the chemical smell that is releasing the first hours of this.

samer007
samer007

I beg to differ, the edp is the better concentration for cristalle. come on people! maybe the vintage edt was something, but the version i find at the chanel counter is really a pale ghost, a wattered down eau de cologne. same for N.19 edt! As much as i love both cristalle and especially N.19, i made the mistake of getting them in edt concentration and they are weak and really lack depth and tenacity. I finally repurchased them in edp and woow what a difference; N.19 is rich, full, loaded with creamy iris butter and actually has a base! as for cristalle, the orange and flower notes give it the tenacity it doesnt have in edt. Not implying i dont like the edt composition in the contrary, but with the restrictions on oakmoss i dont think cristalle edt has the oomph it once had.
4+ stars for the eau de parfum
3+ stars for the eau de toilette(current)

MLK
MLK

Cristalle is beautiful and fresh, very easy to wear and the smell is very uplifting. I always feel clean, fresh and happy when I spray this on in the summer or spring. It makes you always feel like you are fresh out of the shower. I love the slight lemmony scent - not too strong or overpowering - just right and pleasant.
Love this one. I don't like the new version of Cristalle eau Vert - there is something in it that is different and off putting from the original Cristalle edp fragrance and I don't get the same feeling of happiness as I do with the original Cristalle edp. For me, the original is the BEST!

fedz
fedz

I like how it smells, but I just can't stand Cristalle EDP on my skin! There's something that bothers me, A LOT! May be the oakmoss? The lemon is sweet and I can't detect the bergamot... Too sugary for my taste!
Not my cup of tea!

alyaa
alyaa

Wow! That's how I felt after spraying Cristalle. Fresh lemony almost masculine cologne like for the first five minutes then you are hit with a fresh floral scent, mainly Jasmine to my nose. This is freshness like I have never experienced before in a perfume, almost like walking in from a hot summer afternoon into cool marble flooring and being sprayed with large, dewy rain, so clear, it's crystalline. I have to remember to buy me a bottle of this amazing stuff.

carolien1978
carolien1978

I'm in love with this one ;-) The opening was all citrus on me. But then....the hyacinth and bergamot kicks in! I kept smelling me wrist in the store. A good sign if you ask me. I'm going to buy this one very soon.

messier42
messier42

Hmm, this did surprise me, and not in a pleasant way. I'm a fan of green woody and fresh, but there was something dark and damp about this that could put a downer on any summers day.
On initial spray and for an hour following it was wet, cold, dark & dirty swamp. I get the whole cigarette thing too. After an hour, it was more understandable, sharp, pleasant and green, but it still carried the weight of a rain cloud, and the dark of a brewing storm. Not for my summers day for sure.

Délicieux
Délicieux

Yay, it must be Spring because I'm wearing Cristalle! I adore this scent more than I can say. Sadly, I just saw that this is discontinued. No,noooo *sob*! I did see it on the Chanel site, but I'm thinking it won't be easy to find in stores now, phooey.

To my nose this is the olfactory equivalent of elegance and sophistication. Supremely sexy in a removed, complex way. Fresh and alive, but still smells of old money somehow. Seems like something a young C.Z. Guest would be wearing by the pool, languidly stroking her dogs.

I like that no one wears Cristalle and I've always received compliments on it. My husband loves it too, which I'm very thankful for because he's terribly picky about fragrance. I do hope they never stop making it!! Oh, and I have worn it in winter, but I think Cristalle really shines in the Spring/Summer.

nellyrlight@aol.com
nellyrlight@aol.com

I would buy gallons of this if I could!!! SO pretty!!! Clean, fresh, but bewitching!!!

Bajar
Bajar

I could not imagine how difficult it would be to write something about my signature perfume for over 7 years. I'm still in love with it (and every so often I have the need to vanish into its plain brightness) but last two years suddenly I started to call myself "perfumista" and "collector" and I try vintage stuff until my wallet screams "mercy!"
Anyway, I always wore only the EdT and I could never find words to describe it. But if it was music, that would be from Moby's "Porcelain".

jventura489
jventura489

After spritzing it on while at Nordsroms I decided to get it, the EDT. This is by far my favorite Chanel fragrance, it doesn't smell like anything I already own either, and it's perfect for the Spring and Summer. I do have to say DO NOT spray this on synthetic material, or it will smell like cigarette, I made the mistake of doing this and the smell lingered for a good twenty minutes, but on my skin it was heavenly...go figure!

Edit: This perfume is amazing and it literally makes me feel happy! I'm not wearing it today, but I can smell it everytime I put on my coat! Wow I love this!

gritzalimaria@yahoo.gr
gritzalimaria@yahoo.gr

so nice... green, elegant,clear,modern and yes it is perfect for the office. i love this one!

giocodeifiori
giocodeifiori

EDT:It's identical to Diorella. It is beautiful as Diorella,but what is the point of having the same fragrance under the different names..
EDP: This one is very strange as to me it seems like a mixture of Diorella with some stuff which I couldn't understand as first. Then I thought about the leather, but wasn't sure. Later I realised that it was a leather, but... the leather of the soldiers boots! This spoils everything, unless some people might like those strong smells mixed with the delightful ones... To my test EDT of this one is better than EDP. Can't imagine what Cristalle as a perfume would smell like..
verdict: not all perfumes are better than edt!
Mind that I have a modern version of it.

100mlEDT
100mlEDT

As perfume junkies we have an ability to live through our perfumes. We treat them as extensions of ourselves. Using them for a greater purpose other than smelling good or a simple beauty ritual. Our perfumes can speak our emotions when words won't do and often act as a protective scent barrier between us and the wider word, giving those around us an impression of ourselves through chosen smells. My fragrance collection helps me to deal with my life on a deeper level , every bottle has its purpose and when I need it it's there to shroud me in an aroma that sometimes reaches further than human touch or the wisest words. Its a form of self medicating. Only now have i had the full realisation of my situation and my actions. It's taken being pushed to the edge to really grasp the method of my perfume madness. I need perfume and most times I don't want to breath without perfume wafting through my nostrils. Life can be so many things, but perfume is the one thing we  have complete control over and i am so grateful for having the light shone clearly after some darker times.

Cristalle eau de parfum is a fragrance I reach for when I need some devine  beauty around me. Its glorious and simplistic. In my mind it is the most beautiful vase of cut flowers sitting aloft a grand antique wooden table. Crystal etched glass, soiled vase water, green leafy stem and delicate flower petals translate vividly through this beautiful green floral chypre created in 1993 by Jacque Ploge for the house of Chanel.

Basenotes  lists notes

Top.          Mandarin, Peach, Lilly of the Valley, Sicilian Lemon,  Bergamot

Middle.     Jasmine, Iris, Rosewood, Hyacinth

Base.        Vetiver, Oakmoss

I can't remember for the life of me which one but there is a scene in a movie where a jilted lover pours a vase of flowers over a mans head, drowning him with water and causing the flowers to tumble off his shoulders and catch on his shirt. He gulps a huge mouthful of air as he comes out from under the sudden drenching of cold vase water. His hair slick to his head, the man struggles quickly to regain his composure. This scene always comes to mind during the opening of Cristalle as it feels to me like wearing a vase of cut flowers.

The listed citrus lemon and bergamot in the introduction are tiny whispers giving the flowers a wide birth, Clearly allowing the wearer to fully appreciate the initial florals that present in the opening. Lilly of the Valley and Hyacinth being most noticeable to my nose. The mood is cool, calm and collected. Unlike some floral perfumes that arrive sunny and bright, Cristalle is somber and chilled below room temperature. Perfect for when a steely exterior is required.

Crisp Jasmine and Iris are tucked away patiently awaiting a light breeze to carry their glorious scent along with the mandarin and peach which is not high pitched or overly obvious. The iris is noticeable, but its devoid of any of it powdery beauty. Cristalle's bouquet is skilfully blended  by Polge with texture, balance and form all taken into consideration to capture a realistic still life. One that is slightly aged and wilted or lightly bruised. This only adds to the melancholy mood of Cristalle,  it's uncomfortable at times but has that same reassurance as gifted  flowers in times of crisis or loss.

Cristalle wears wonderfully. It's noticeable sillage is akin to a gardenias perfume on a summers evening. Politely perfumed for over 6 hours. It has a soft linger that returns again and again to remind you of its beauty without cloying or invading.  Dark Oakmoss and earthy vetiver leave a damp soil like aroma to the bottom of the fragrance. This is by far my most enjoyable part. It lends a subtle masculinity or ugliness per say to the composition and may divide opinions on it's beauty or wearability.

amelie

@LANIER, what a good desctiption, that's exactly how I feel about Cristalle, thank you!

mary407
mary407

i think it has kind of a male sent, but i love it.

Alle Homme
Alle Homme

I think, this is the best from chanel. Love at first sight.

Forbiddenjade
Forbiddenjade

Pure Class, mesmerizing elegance.
All said.

Soie
Soie

Pond water with a hint of forest floor and lots of fresh squeezed lemon juice: that's what I think of in sniffing Cristalle, and regardless of how my description of it may sound to some, I actually like the fragrance!

Assiduosity
Assiduosity

Cristale is the cleanest, purest and, perhaps, most practical fragrance from the house of Chanel.

Like the atomically ordered materials from which it takes its name, it is easy to perceive, it's lines clear and sharp it's heart transparent and readable.

So much Sicilian lemon and citrus bergamot to start, then hyacinth and the characteristic 'Chanel Jasmine' as recognisable as the 'Guerlainade'.

Then wild grasses and cut wood, bark and moss compete with the higher notes that, on my skin at least, are never quite ready to let go.

It may be that our over-familiarity with this journey from fruit to flower to stem and soil has made it contemptible to us through a thousand shoddy copies.

But to disregard this Mediterranean marvel would be a great disservice both to it and to yourself.

For days when a clear head and a good conscience are required, this fragrance, be you man or woman, is a wonderful tonic.

brian.cloutier1
brian.cloutier1

A Perfect Clean Fresh Universal anytime fragrance , I find it is a best Spring/Summer Fragrance, with its top fresh Citrus Notes....One of Chanel's Cleanest sheer Fragrances, But To Me No. 19 is my all time Favorite!!!, The Original Vintage formula....But Cristalle is also nice for office wear, to me it is much like O' De Lancome or Quartz by Molyneax.....

colorblindlove
colorblindlove

Way too sharp and masculine for me! I got a sample of this when I bought something on ebay and I smelled this once and never used the sample again lol. This is terrible...almost as bad as Chanel No. 5!

missliberty11
missliberty11

Chanel Cristalle is a "nice enough" type of fragrance. Its composition is beautiful and the green notes blend well in with a powdery-balmy middle note. On me, the base note is a well done mixture of green and powder. It's not a scent that screams out loud, but it can still be loud enough. It's like the cousin of Chanel no. 19 eau de toilette to me, but more well-behaved and a bit boring. I really like it but I gave my bottle away to a friend as a goodbye gift and had no regret. It is fresh as a Chanel fragrance can be, but not that kind of after shower gel freshness you get nowadays from lots of new fragrances. Chanel Cristalle is suitable for the woman who wears a suit and is amongst male colleagues. She smells good without coming across as too feminine. And speaking of male - I believe this could be a unisex fragrance. My former male boss wore a fragrance that smelled very similar.

nellyrlight
nellyrlight

the most original..it's not like anything else..and I am a big time perfume lover/collector..if you never tried it and you like to smell different in a cleanest, freshest way, try this..and of course, the Chanel quality..that amazing quality..you wear it, it does not wear you..never offensive..it blends with your own body heat and chemistry and it becomes your own. just beautiful.

LANIER
LANIER

How do you escape the noise, pressure and the maddening crowds of a city? It is something we all can do; all you need is a park and the sky. Lying on the soft grass on your back looking up at the sky is an instant escape. Everything sinks into the earth beneath the soft damp grass you are lying on. Work, time, pressure, anger, frustration, worry, they all slide away as you seem to levitate toward the sky. The one thing that doesn’t slide way is your sense of smell.

In Thursday’s mail I received a bottle of perfume I had been looking for and waiting to try for many months. Filled with that anticipation we who love perfume all share, I opened the box and tested the perfume on my arm. Instantly I was transported to the Villa Borghese, the wonderful and enchanted park in the center of Rome. The smell of the earth moist after a May rain shower meets the nostrils with a primal pungent primavera punch. Flowers washed clean in the rain add to the aroma as you look up look up into the same sky in which Michelangelo must have envisioned God creating Adam amongst the clouds. There is a deep rich smell of bark in the background, the unmistakable smell of a city park. This is what I saw when when I first smelled Cristalle. I was lying on my back looking up at the most beautiful sky in the world.

Chanel's Cristalle Eau de Parfum opens brightly through the sun dappled leaves of the trees with a superb blending of exotic Mandarin, with hardy warm Sicilian Lemons. These are perfect Mediterranean citrus notes. There is a little juicy Peach in the back of the park warm and fuzzy in the sun adding a bright lush taste, up front at the entrance to the park Lilly of the Valley and Bergamot join in right. It is going to be lovely here in the Villa Borghese.

In the middle notes just far enough into the park that the city sounds fade with the there is the “Chanel” Jasmine, like no other jasmine in the world it enfolds you in pure delight like the laughter of a beautiful woman in the dark. Rich earthy Iris adds a note of dangerous glamour and reminds you to dig your fingers into the moist richness of this experience. Hyacinth and Rosewood are found in this part of the urban forest and only enhance and deepen the sensuality of this fragrance.

At sundown near the edge of the park the base notes of green woody vetiver and Oakmoss enhance the beauty of your visit to this place where the sky meets the city and there is escape for anyone seeking it.

Cristalle is marketed as a female perfume yet it is not at all overwhelmingly feminine. I would categorize it as a very bold uni-sex scent. Longevity is good and the silage respectable.

Chanel Cristalle Five Gold Stars *****

Carah
Carah

EDP (Eau de Perfume): on me it smells like orange-y lollipop, very bright and yummy - fresh, not sweet - really elevates the mood (of people around as well), good for any time of the year as it makes everyone around quite happy.

This review is for Eau de Perfume only. EDT is a cold and sort of sharp scent for older people during summer month :)

Didokitty
Didokitty

Strong citrus notes, green and watery. First very sharp but drydown is much softer, almost elegantly fresh citrus-floral. This is little bit too heavy for my taste.

TanteSimone
TanteSimone

This is the closest I've got to a signature fragrance. I discovered it when I was 12 and for many years I have been using it on and off. I have a love-hate relationship with it.

At its best it smells like fresh lemons and woods---no sweetness whatsoever.

At its worst, it smells like cigarette smoke and lemon-mint candy combined.

I have the EDP. I tried the EDT version once but the tester must have gone off or something because all I smelled was stale woods. Very close to A. Goutal's Eau Du Sud. For me, it's a first date fragrance and would suit a rebel middle child. It is non-committal, intriguing, and dangerous. It is not a very reliable fragrance and it smells better on skin under clothes. It turns to smoky flowers on air-exposed skin in minutes.

It may be the coldest and most unemotional fragrance in the world, but when days feel shitty and I want a devil-be-damned fragrance, this is perfect.

Timetoski

love this on me, and so does hubby (who's picky). Of course kids say "old lady". worn it for years... for the first time today, the oak moss smells "smoky" on me. Never had a smoky note before. Doesn''t bother me, quite nice actually, just different. Perhaps my skin has changed for fall : )

Oh, I only wear the original, the EDT

Wilka
Wilka

Galbanum! Hiacynth! Oakmoss! That's why I love it!

Gabi310
Gabi310

How I wanted to like this!(Especially as it was said to resemble to my once adored Diorella, which unfortunately is just a ghost of its glorious former self.) I've tried Cristalle EdT several times but the outcome on my skin was always the same...a harsh, tart, biting, bitter-green opening that quickly transforms into a cloying, thick sweetness I cannot suffer for long. I wonder if it has been a victim of reformulation like so many other classics? Or simply chypre florals are not my cup of tea anymore...

cronai
cronai

I wore this a lot in the late 80s. I don't know how it smells today, but back then it was a very good office fragrance, a suave scent with no sharp edges whatsoever, no unexpected notes, no surprises: a clean, we-mean-business smell.

BettyNoir
BettyNoir

This is heavenly, I have worn it for 15 years. It is completely inoffensive- you could wear it in a lift or a commuter train and nobody would mind, unlike some heavy sillage scents.

To me this smells of liy of the valley and lemon, coupled with the smell of walking past an expensive florist after it's rained. It's fresh, light, green and uplifting.

It smells clean and cuts through the heat on a summer's day. I love the bottle too. Throughout years of being a perfume fan, and trying hundreds of scents, I've never found anything to match this. It will always be my favourite perfume in the whole world.

chanchita
chanchita

I got Chanel Cristalle specifically to have something to wear in the office in the warmer summer months. It's a classy, fresh scent that does not dissapoint. The initial zest of lemon soon dries down to a greener, mossy smell, which is still very lively with hyacinth. It's a substancial yet light perfume, ideal office wear. I've also found it surprisingly easy to spritz on casually on a summers day too, without associating with work - it's a versatile fragrance for warm days. Like a classic ponytail, or crisp white shirt.

canadianpetite
canadianpetite

During recent trip to Laguna Beach, I discovered a frag boutique and bought Chanel Coco and Cristalle. This review is for Cristalle.
Downtown is not a quick trip for me so it is difficult to find Cristalle at the local mall for sample or purchase. This opens with citrus and green notes. The drydown is watery florals and oak moss while still managing to maintain its green character. No sugary notes at all. Very distinctive and elegantly smooth. Good for office.
3.5/10

Inessa66613
Inessa66613

This perfume smells on smoke so much to me, I even don't want to notice any other ingredients inside. I personally associate this perfume with madame Gabrielle Bonheur herself (Coco Chanel). I imagine her so brightly in her favourite modest black evening dress, smoking loooong cigarette (cigarette holder or how it will be named correctly in english, I don't know). Rich, classic-fashion woman at the age of 35-40 - this is Cristalle... well maybe I would call it different. Cristalle is the opposite of smoke.

GoodVibrations
GoodVibrations

Comes in like a leathery chypre à la Tuscany. Goes out like the lingering aura of crowned teeth unflossed.

varykino
varykino

I used to wear the EdT every spring/summer back in the nineties. At some point I decided to try the EdP, which didn't work the same charm on me and I ended up giving it away. This spring I got a sudden, strong hankering and ordered a big bottle of the EdT. The moment I sprayed it on, the old magic was back along with the rush of emotional memory that comes with re-experiencing an old fragrance love. Three months in, I'm halfway into my 100ml bottle.

I love the sharp grassy-lemony opening, and even more when it starts swirling into smoky moss and gorgeously green hyacinth after a few minutes. But my favourite aspect of Cristalle is as it softens and sweetens, a phase that lasts about four hours on my skin. When I inhale from my wrist it's the prettiest whisper of jasmine and still something springlike and woody/floral — lily-of-the-valley and hyacinth, maybe. It doesn't seem to be very noticeable to those around me — I never get comments on this scent except when someone gives me a hug and gets it right from my skin — but it's this quiet, pure cloud of sweetness that makes me swoon. I love the contrasts in Cristalle, the way something so zesty and smoky ends up in something so soft and serene. She's like a class-act friend who's breezy and forthright, but so loving and gentle to those who know her well. I'm thrilled to have renewed our aquaintance.

Esscentially299
Esscentially299

For some reason, I think of this fragrance as sipping an icy gin and tonic with a slice of lemon, while watching the ocean waves on a bright summer's day. My only regret is that the edt version I bought doesn't last more than a short while on my skin, but what beautiful moments!

Stargazing
Stargazing

Crisp, green, sweet and cold. If you took a shard of ice and dipped it in jasmine, it would smell like this. Wonderful.

rosembloom
rosembloom

Lovely crisp and rather dry fragrance. It is ultra fresh and quite ' chypré'. I love it on others but on me it develops into a wet mossy scent. hmmm. not for me!

K1
K1

Cristalle is prettily an unisex sharp masterpiece with badly bold leafy fresh decent old school linear theme featuring on floral citrus support.
This is simple, monotone and modest yet extremely stylish and impressive. I'm not sure but I get somewhat near to labdanum flower leaf.
Shortly, if you're a fan of leafy fresh vintage moods, this is a must even for a test.
A masterpiece which I give 10/10

natalia.morozova
natalia.morozova

Excellent! it was a pleasant surprise for me! one of the greatest chypres I have ever tried. Sparkling, fresh, cool and strict, earthy and watery. Perfect for daytime and office! will buy it with the nearest occasion.

Strict cold and bitter fragrance(edt)!

Most of all I feel the lemon, hyacinth and moss notes in it.

I really love another fragrance by Henri Robert for Chanel - noble Chanel N°19. But, unfortunately, Cristalle is not my cup of tea, but it's a good fragrance anyway.

Bklynlatinlady
Bklynlatinlady

This perfume is like a frog who turns into a prince. Its initial scent is overbearing, comes off extremely abrasive with its earthy tone but when it soften it is pure delight. I love this fragrance, I believe this will become a scent that will always be on my dresser in the future.

Gabriela
Gabriela

Wow! What a pleasant surprise! This perfume is unexpectedly earthy, grassy, and classy!

I love how the oakmoss grounds the citruses in the composition by preventing the lemon and bergamot from becoming another piercing citrus fragrance.

The hyacinth and the rosewood provide depth and harmony to the rest of the notes. Vetiver gives it a sharp, masculine edge thus making it a fragrance with lots of Unisex potential.

It does have sharp lemony and vetiver edges throughout dry down, but these notes don’t pierce right through you and there is a constant earthy undertone that is reminiscent of wet earth.

It reminds me of A Scent by Issey Miyake. Unlike 'A Scent', Chanel's Cristalle is more linear, it doesn't morph and evolve as much, but it remains slightly lemony sweet at the end. It feels earthy and zesty green at the beginning, and sour and sweet at the end, and demure and sophisticated at all times.

It has moderate sillage and longevity, but re-applying after a few hours can be refreshing and it makes the scent linger softly on my skin.

mendosita
mendosita

Cristalle edp is my latest obsession, I absolutely fell for this fragrance. It is a bit strange actually because it isn't the type of fragrance I usually go for.
But I love it anyway. It's fresh, yet quite heavy, a little bit sultry, soapy. The beggining is very sharp, it drills your nose for about 10 minutes, then it starts to calm down into nice, very feminine and beautifully wraping. I've got to have this- my birthday is in one month but I don't think I can wait that long, I am going to buy it earlier :)

Edit: I don't know why but something has started to annoy me in this fragrance. Not always though. I got big sample of it so I can finally test it at home. Sometimes it is as beautiful as I wrote above, but sometimes some awful cigarette-like note comes out... I don't know what to do now, I ordered it yesterday in online drugstore, but after placing a drop on my wrist I smelled cigarettes again and I cancelled my order. Turned out to be very fussy fragrance.

scorpiosheep
scorpiosheep

I must say I was quite surprised by this, even having read the reviews thoroughly. The bitterness of the oakmoss really shocked me at first, tempered though it was by strong bergamot and even stronger lemon. This is not a coy pale green fragrance! It's a king hit! After an hour or so it loses a lot of its punch and becomes less agressive, with a little hint of sweetness making itself felt. I like it very much, but coming into our colder weather here I think it would be more comfortable to wear in the summer or spring. Right now it's cold and aloof, so I will let it hibernate for a few months.

Thanks to the lovely kosmoskukka for the generous sample!

Migalex
Migalex

This is a copy of Diorella, which is older. I do not think that is acceptable in these big renowned glamorous houses. Smells a lot of galbanum, even though it is not listed amongst the notes. Although it is not a perfume I would wear, I do not think it is bad, even though I do not like green perfumes that much. I would actually say that after no 19, it is the best Chanel perfume.

Soutty123

I hit the submit button too fast!

What this perfume evokes for me is a lazy afternoon on one of those rare hot summer days in England when the sky is perfectly blue. We are sitting outside a country pub opposite the village green watching a leisurely game of cricketand listening to the gentle sound of cricket balls bouncing off the bats. We are drinking ice cold gin and tonic and thinking how this rare and perfect day will sustain us through the cold Autumn, Winter and early Spring months to come.

Cristalle may be French but for me it smells quintessentially English.

Soutty123

This reivew is for the EDP: cool, crisp and classy.

missymary
missymary

Yes Mariota 2000,you never said a truer word!
Cristalle is one eccentric Green Queen.
It's an extremist, a complete loner.
It's a Pimms over ice and some very bitter herbal garnish.
It's only for those who want a unisex watery tart crisp green-salad cold shower douche.

mariota2000
mariota2000

Smells like... Spicy vinagret!
Terrible.
Make your head hurt.

DESASTRE

(sorry for bad english)

corinne.smith
corinne.smith

I prefer the eau de parfum vs eau de toilette. The Eau de Parfum sparkles with a refreshing crispness, but leaves an iridescent floral dry down. The Eau de Toilette is less feminine in my opinion and doesn't work as well for me. The edp reminds me of a very sophisticated lady who adores a clean, pressed white shirt and always writes her thank you notes.

guest_Vie Cafe
guest_Vie Cafe

I can't believe I am the first one to say it is reminescent of Sisley's Eau de Campagne!! Even the Chanel lady at the mall agrees. And she sure knows Chanel... she's been selling it for 40 years!

Anyway, beautiful and original fragrance. Lots of character, definitely not a perfume for the bublegum/grapefruity lovers, but one for a lady (or man) who knows how to appreciate a great creation.

Troodos
Troodos

I was bought this for my sixteenth birthday by my mum and have owned a bottle ever since. I remember the cristalle I owned in the eighties seeming mire intense with an unusual note that caught in my nose and throat yet somehow wasn't unpleasant for this. I wear cristalle when I want to smell summery and fresh. I have a while host if other citrus fragrances because of my love for cristalle (goutal's hadrien being my favourite). A truly lovely scent in my opinion.

carinas
carinas

Why something so perfect has a lasting power of 10 minutes only? It should be named EDC not EDT.
Other than it's poor staying power it's a perfect every day fragrance.
All the notes are so well blended and balanced. Like a rainbow is for colors, Cristalle is for notes.
This is an every day fragrance with an edge, while fresh and crisp, it's never boring, it's elegant and smart.
My favorite fragrance from Chanel!

Robynlovesperfume
Robynlovesperfume

I typically cannot stand lemon scents, but this is lemon done to the utmost! While it is sharp, it's not super-scratchy and detergent-like, as most lemon frags seem to be. I LOVE the mix of vetiver in here for some reason. Like others have already said, it is a cold fragrance, but because of this fact, would be absolutely perfect for spring/summer, as it is very refreshing. I hope to purchase this for myself before the summer comes.

Catty

The Spring is knocking on the door, and here I go again with my Cristalle. I don´t know anymore how many years I use this frangrance.

Simply a big fan! this fragrance along with Allure edp are my best Chanels ever.

Pure refreshness with a vintage touch!unique!

gracious
gracious

Cristalle is perfect for hot summer days.
I like it very much.

drummagick
drummagick

Received a small decant spray yesterday and I spent all last night spraying it over and over on the back of my hand and I was in heaven. I've been looking for a summery perfume and this was love at first sniff. It stays very close to my skin and does not last long but I MUST have some anyway.

Crisp, fresh, green, slightly floral. Starts out with a burst of citrus then settles down into a perfect summer morning scent. I get oakmoss quite early and strong, but then it disappears and comes back much later and quieter. This perfume doesn't drydown so much as fade away. Summer is my least favorite season but I can hardly wait for it now so I can experience Cristalle on a hot summer day. :)

eta: Not too long after the opening, if you sniff really close, you get a very slight hint of Diorella's overripe fruit. I love this.

amy777
amy777

I'm growing into this one. I just sprayed a sample I have of this for the second time and I can appreciate it. I'm just learning about fragrances and have always been obsessed with rosy florals and this is obviously a different world. I get a lot of lemon and what I believe is the oakmoss, but I'm not positive of that. Very citrusy and soft. A year ago I would have said "ick" and moved on but now I find it fascinating.

Paradelle
Paradelle

Contrary to its reputation as "cold and bitchy," the Cristalle EDT was surprisingly kinder and sweeter on my skin.

A burst of citrus and oakmoss, followed by green florals and hyacinth, reminiscent of those long walks in the woods during summer.

Beautiful.

DarkClarissa
DarkClarissa

I recently purchased the Eau de Parfum created in 1993. I originally had the Eau de Toilette back in the early '80s and was expecting something similar but maybe with more staying power.

This definitely not the Cristalle I remember. This smells more artificial, less fresh (an unfortunate plasticky smell wth?) I would recommend trying to get hold of the vintage Eau de Toilette. I don't know if the current Eau de Toilette still smells the same as the vintage, if it does I might buy it again. But I can't get on with the Eau de Parfum at all.

Try before you buy is all I can say.

Soutty123

I usually don't get on with greens but I absolutely love Cristalle. Every summer I think about buying it but I never do. This spring I will buy it (last summer we had the hottest weather in April for some reason!). It will probably last me for years because I can only see myself wearing it in really hot weather. It is so cool and classy though.

Timetoski

I'm right there with Chickenboo : ). Sublime.

Anna_Maria
Anna_Maria

I addicted to this because I like notes of oak moss, ylang-ylang and jasmine. It is not like Diorella, just reminds a little, because it's also shypre-style, not so bright, and a little more sweet.

Ducktail
Ducktail

For those who are olfactoraly sensitive, just spray the EDP on your arm, one to two spritz, and you're set for the whole day! It's amazing how whenever I do this, I go about my day smelling something lovely and wondering, what is that? Then after some reflection, I recall, it's me and Cristalle! If you like to spend the day floating in a cloud of warmth, sweetness, sophistication and mystery, try the Cristalle EDP. This being said, I must add that I prefer this in cool weather. I found it too heavy and heady for summer.

Marie76
Marie76

This was my first bottle of perfume, aged 14. It's so personal it's hard to review for me, I can hardly differentiate any notes, it's cold rather than fresh, luxurious rather than simple, complex rather than easy going and wearable at night, as opposed to most other " green" fragrances. an absolute classic, and an addiction for me.

pippab
pippab

A lovely delicate green citrus fragrance at the beginning, but beyond that - not much. Lasting power isn't great on me, and nor is the projection. I would say that it's suitable for warm weather. I usually love Chanel fragrances, and I can understand why it has its devotees, but it's not a fragrance I'd be buying.

Catty

I´m faithful to this fragrance more than 7 years, and I always bought the edp.

This week for the 1st time, I bought the edt, and it was a very nice surprise, because it´s not so sharp as the edp. It´s very light, airy.

Which of them do I like most? both!

What is really amazing in this fragrance is that Cristalle is the only citrus for me, which achieves to be an upclass-sport fragrance. It´s so vintage, and that makes it so unique.

Definitive a MUST!

KasKas
KasKas

I know that fragrances are a subjective thing since our chemistry plays an important role.

Having said that, Cristalle smells like plain old grass to me, even more sour if possible. Because of this I would never pay even 1 dollar for this scent.

I rather grab my backyard's grass and rub it in my neck if I fancy smelling 'oh so green!' one day, it would smell so much better.

I now own the EDT too and wanted to review it as well.

I can safely say that I like the EDT better than the EDP. The oakmoss in the EDP is just too strong for me. The two honestly smell very similar, but the EDT doesn't cause the gag reflex that the EDP does when first sprayed.

The EDT is very dry and crisp at first spritz, like a chilled pinot grigio. It seems to develop rather quickly into that soft and delicate soap smell that I like so much, whereas the EDP takes 20 minutes to get to that phase. The oakmoss is definitely noticeable, but somehow it blends better with the rest of the notes. The EDT is soft, delicate, and clean. I think the EDT is great for cooler weather. I don't smell much citrus--that's more like the Eau Verte version.

Cristalle reminds me of Samsara in a way because it's refreshing and cool on top, yet has soft woods and a warm base. It's raining in my city today, and I think Cristalle is best in this cool, wet weather.

What is it about Cristalle that is so classy? It's the definition of "casual elegance."

I wish the lasting power was better on both of these, but in a way I like how soft and quiet it is. I don't always feel the need to advertise that I'm wearing perfume.

The Chanel boutique advised me to spray starting with my legs and working my way up (because heat rises). I thought this was just a gimmick, but it actually seems to work. The scent gets trapped in my clothes and works it way up to my nose at random times over the course of 3-4 hours.

ION
ION

It's hard to believe "Cristalle" comes from the same man who created "Pour Monsieur".
I've only smelled it twice in my life, first time in the late 80's, second was last summer, and I must confess that much like "No 19", this is a perfume I do not understand.
To be honest, I can't even think of it as a perfume since I don't find it smells nice at all!
Needless to say that (much like "Egoiste Platinum"), I get the feeling not all women who wear it and swear they like it, speak the truth.
I hope I was crystal clear about this one! ;-)

jtd
jtd

I’ve really enjoyed chypre fragrances for a while and I have Cristalle to thank. When I first smelled Cristalle (many years ago before I really became a perfume hobbyist) I didn’t really know anything about categories of fragrances or what made them what they were. It was 1982 and I was in college. I wore Antaeus, Kouros, No 5, and Je Reviens. Powerhouse men’s 80s and lady-like floral aldehydes. When I tried Cristalle at some department store or other, I had no idea what to make of it. It’s as if this had dropped in from space. I can’t say I loved it, but it marked me.

When I smelled it again many years later I found it simply gorgeous. It smelled just as it had the first time, but I had changed. I was ready for it. It is pristine. I know some find it off-putting (even many who like it) but I find it has just the right timbre, the perfect inflection. It is an odd, spare chord and might not be particularly harmonious in a feel-good, symphonic sense but it has a perfect tonality. My only difficulty with it (as with both No 19 edt and Pour Monsieur) is that it just doesn’t last for me. It has just a fraction more lasting power than an eau de cologne. Despite this, I love its evolution over time. It starts green, strong, astringent and then has a fairly quick transition to a mossy, melon-like floral like nothing else I’ve smelled. From this point it just sort of blows away, becoming a ghost of itself, but, for an hour or so, a recognizable one.

TillyWave
TillyWave

EDT Review:

Perhaps the mildest Chanel I have come across yet. This wears like a close skin scent from top to bottom, and lasts about 4 hours. I think everyone knows the drill: A clean citrus on top, which is neither sharp nor in any way reminiscent of cleaning products. Then heart has an icy, yet dark floral sense, and the base is a woody slight whisper of everything.

While I've seen this grouped as a summmer perfume, what it really reminds me of are the last weeks of winter. For those of us living in a northern climate, the last weeks of winter are "warm" with highs in the 40's and 50's during the day, and you are so excited to be outside. During the day it can be rainy or warm, but glorious. Everything is melting, but at night it's cold enough to form edges of ice on a pond or stream that you impatiently hike out to, and you gush over beautiful wild daffodils that grow in a clearing. Streams flowing with new spring water, ice, new flowers, frozen yet fragrant earth--this is what Cristalle reminds me of.

elisabethgenest
elisabethgenest

In three words I would describe this scent as: fresh, sharp and very elegant! Thats basically all you need to know. I definitely recommend this one. Also I have to say that it goes for any age. As a more mature woman tor a younger girl who simply wants an elegant and sort of mature scent without the powdery smell and the heavy fragrance. LOVE IT!

gabyvinki
gabyvinki

This is for EDT: I tried it on a cool day and it hit me in the face with an icy cold smile..so I did not get any warmth from it at all:) It was cruel! A very cold green note, sour citrus and no flowers at all, at least,that day!
A few weeks later on a very hot humid summer day I tried it again: And the cold vetiver-citrus notes are comforting and caressing and soothing my overheated skin..even the flowers are coming through with a little shy smile, not cold anymore but cooling. A little whiff of jasmine and some powder I never noticed on that cold day makes it at once a lovable treasure to me! It would now always be my cooling summer breeze:) Will never use it on a cold day again so..

poppyred
poppyred

I was looking for Cristalle EDT all of my life. How did it take me so long to find you? EDT is wonderful. It is so clean, grassy, and barely floral. My scent preferences have changed in the last five years. Most perfumes that I like now are in the Cyphre group. Having said this - I don't feel the same way about EDP. I was acidentally sent home with EDP and tried it. I couldn't stand the remaining scent after it had settled down. It was pleasant but began to bother me. I just didn't want to smell the flowers any longer. Give them both a try and see what you like!

Marianne, DK
Marianne, DK

My favourite for many years now. Uplifting and clear. The EDP is perfect for colder days, whereas the EDT makes you feel refreshed on hot summer days.

sablebombe
sablebombe

Comes across to me as a more expensive version of O de Lancome. I do like this - but only for summer and only for a hot day. It doesn't live for long on my skin but as I only buy it for summer I just refresh a few times a day!

martin_nemo
martin_nemo

It took me some time to "grow up" to green chypres. I usually wear male-marketed chypres, such as Iskander (Parfum D'Empire), Ricci Club (Nina Ricci), Eau Sauvage (Dior).
I was always intrigued by Cristalle, I remember it from student years, back at 2002. But that time couldn't afford or let's say easily approach a fragrance marketed for a female. Now that i am a "perfume junkie" I finally bough this amazing green light and crispy chypre in edt.
Edt, compared to edp, is less floral and more bitter, and unfortunately doesn't stay long on my skin. Most people prefer Cristalle in edt, but I think both concentrations are worth trying, edp is richer of floral notes, but they do not stay long, oakmoss, vetiver and some woods make the total bouquet in edp. Cristalle both concentrations) deserves a very high score among exisiting green chypres and can be worn both by women and men (sorry, girls we also like it)).

Catty

After the gym I took a cold shower and what came to my mind was Cristalle. I just splash the edp and what a refrshing sensation.

I hate green scents, but this one smells rich, very very french.

Cristalle is definetly my favorite day scent. Perfect!

Happyme2009
Happyme2009

As much as I wanted to love my mini of Cristalle edt, I just couldn't. Sharp, vintage smelling, and scratchy to my nose ( fans, please forgive me ), I entirely wrote off anything to do with Cristalle .
And then I discovered Eau Verte, which I find utterly charming and fresh.
And after that I found Cristalle edp, which despite the bad reviews, won me over enough to follow my impulse and hand over my credit card on the spot.
The edp is fresh, very grassy in the beginning, not unlike Eau de Camille from A.Goutal. The grasses mingle beautifully with lemon and bergamote. The heart is floral woody; I was sure there must have been gardenia and honeysuckle there, but to my surprise I see hyacinth listed as a note instead. The drydown feels soft, flowery, woody, with plenty of oakmoss too. The flowers fade into a dry wood that is very elegant.
This scent is very ladylike. Dry, elegant, distant, it seems to be the perfect scent for a little black dress. Recommended for green lovers in particular!

winx61

Cristalle è un profumo che piace molto anche al pubblico maschile.Lo considero unisex.
Trovo Cristalle un dolce amaro, ideale per sopportare la calura estiva del mediterraneo. Gli agrumi si mescolano intensamente con il galbano. Adoro il galbano che ritrovo in molti profumi amari. E pensare che da giovane odiavo questa nota... un po' come da piccoli si odia il sapore amaro e poi lo si apprezza col tempo. Il dolce invece... bleah...non lo sopporto piu'. Mi aggiro per strada e annuso questi effluvi "gourmand" da ragazzina, da piccole Lolite. No no una donna a 50 anni non puo' portare Angel

winx61

Cristalle is a scent that really like for men. I consider it unisex. I find it a bitter sweet, ideal for summer heat. I love it, more than the vert version

Kterhark
Kterhark

(vintage EDT review)
For me Cristalle was like going on a blind date that you had no expectations for... and being pleasantly surprised.

I only tried this because it came by way of a swap. I've written off Chanel a long time ago becasue this house just doesn't sit well with me, so I would never have sampled this on my own.

The first thing I noticed about Cristalle was: this is a genre I like. I was pleased to see it listed as a green chypre, which is top shelf with me. What I like about Cristalle is that the composition is so simple; It's grassy, cold, and dry. The more time I spend with it the more enamored I become.

Cristalle opens with crispy and sparkling fresh citruses and green notes turning to a stale drydown. A weird effect created to give some depth to what could have been a generic Eau De Cologne. Nice but in my opinion this "day after" effect is a bit too emphasized giving the whole scent an "aged perfume" feeling instead of an intriguing allure.

It worths a try, anyway.

Rating: 6.5/10

originaldeftom
originaldeftom

Tried this classic today in a department store as I am researching for my new summer scent (I am always well ahead) and am thinking that this is amazingly fresh and green: as suggested in other blogs, I can identify "the broken flower stems" which must be the 'petite grain' or a 'mange tous' the green bean, or broken hyacinth/ tulip stems, anything succulent green and fresh, like cut grass, with some sharper herbaceous, mossy green substance, drizzled in the most zesty of lemons and bergamottes.

I also think of cold cucumbers str8 out of the fridge being broken and crushed....and a hint of bulbous florals, too.

A very "wet" fragrance: fresh, cold, somewhat bitterly sour, green aromatic.

Must be best worn in heat of summer to give it justice!

Miss_J
Miss_J

My mom have the Original 1974 Edt formula. Everytime I wear this I feel like a snobby rich girl. Love it to bits. Smells young and very classy,yes the citrus scent is pretty sharp at first but it evolves into some green, crisp air. It must be the Oakmoss. I would describe this perfume as Citrus Green. Great for office wear too.

Rouu
Rouu

tasted this today , its nothing but LEMONS .. hint of lemons on my hand , its citrus fragrance at 1st place ..
sharp , loud and annoying start leads to very citrus heart still , and light fresh dry down with greenish note!
i cant define any single note listed in here , no vetiver no Okamuss neither any woodsy notes !

actually um truly disappointed .. truly !

oona noir
oona noir

Tried the edp today and absolutely fell in love. The edp reminds me strongly of Diorella- the mark of Roudnitska is all over Cristalle- but if Diorella is a blaring symphony, Cristalle edp is quiet chamber music. I will definitely try the edt the next time I come across it.

carolcabbagerose
carolcabbagerose

I wore this on my wedding day. I loved it then and still do. It is quite different from other green scents...not sharp to me at all. I think it is pretty, soft, cool but not cold! Classy and very Vintage Chic. A wonderful perfume for summer yet I find it is just what I need today on a damp, grey cold day, there is some warmth in there too.
So to me it is warmth with fresheness...no sign of rotting anything!

ps I have the EDP

Nat13
Nat13

I wish I could say something articulate about this perfume but the truth is I am glad I only bought a mini coz it just smells like the dill pickles in Mc Donalds to me. :-)

honeysuckle
honeysuckle

Cristalle is tremendously unreliable for me. I really love it in theory, and most of the time, in practice.

The sharp herbaceous opening smells like crisp grass and broken stems of flowers... I LOVE it. Then I get a firm, cool hyacinth. And I still love it.

Then sometimes it dissipates and remains pleasantly floral during the drydown (never too loud on me) until the warm basenotes start coming out. But sometimes, during this stage it goes horribly wrong and the heart notes turn into an overpowering, musty old cedar (maybe a pinch of vetiver coming out, but mostly cedar). During this stage I never know how to feel. The floral drifts in and out, and some days the balance with the cedar is perfect. But some days the cedar absolutely takes over in the most hot, stifling, headache-inducing manner. :( I currently have it on my wrist in this stage, and I feel like it's definitely wearing me. Debating scrubbing it off.

And yet, some days, the cedar stays well-behaved and pleasant and I don't feel suffocated. Sometimes the cedar only suffocates for a few moments, too. Mystery. It certainly IS a perfume I can't seem to trust too much, ha ha.

And yet, for me, I really enjoy the opening, so maybe I'll give it a spray on occasion just for that. And in the faint hope that perhaps today, the drydown will like me. :)

AjaBlue

I am beautiful, cold, and cruel and I will break your heart all over again. I am elegant, articulate, and refined. But don't trust me.

LaPetite
LaPetite

I want it ! I have tested it a few days ago , don't remember whever it was EDT or EDP >< . But i'm a fan of this scent which is at the same time classy AND sporty , only Chanel could make such a thing .

this is the best on me from chanel. my favorite from that line as well. cold and clean. crisp with a hint of lemon. dries down to a fresh, lemon tinged, powdery floral. i love it.

Sassy1
Sassy1

I keep thinking there's got to be a Chanel (other than Coco) that suits me so I keep trying.
The Cristalle EDP sample I have starts with the same off-putting nose-burning alchohol sting as Bvlgari pour Femme and Cabaret. It quickly burns off thankfully and the slight lemon twist comes to fore.
After that, I get none of the mid notes, shooting staight on to the grassy oakmoss bottom.
Muted soft earthy green, slightly uncomfortable and disturbing for some reason.

Sorry Chanel, but I'm not a fan of this one either...

AjaBlue

Love the sharp, cold, slap-you-in-the-face sting to this one. Ahhhh. College in the 80's. I wore Chanel Cristalle after one of my friends told me it was her fave perfume and it just smelled so good on her. Never really understood the scent on me and I can only admit now, that Cristall is just not "right" on my skin. My college friend was an olive skinned brunette and I think her chemistry deepened and softened this one...So, I was okay with letting it slip from my fair skin/auburn hair self! That is, until I read somewhere that the actor who plays "Mr. Big" on Sex and the City loves this on a woman. Sigh.

mediterranean
mediterranean

Very elegant and fresh at the same time.The best part is the dry down, don´t try to smell it before or it will discourage you. Very similar to diorella by dior and Estee Lauder´sprivate collection musk and jasmin.
I like it for summer evenings in moderation.

I have the EDP, and I love it.

This is by far the weirdest fragrance I've ever experienced. The opening is so repulsive that it causes a gag reflex. It smells very salty. Like caviar mixed with mossy bark.

Within ten minutes, things change drastically. I smell strong notes of lemon and lime. The fragrance is icy cold and crisp. It makes me think of frost and ice crystals.

After an hour, the lemon-lime settles down. Some gentle woods and lemon blossom come in, causing the fragrance to smell like the finest milled French soap you've ever smelled.

I wish it were summer because I'd keep this in the fridge and enjoy spraying it on my neck to refresh myself throughout the day. I would also like this in snowy weather because it recalls that fresh, crisp chill in the air.

andrevarx
andrevarx

A very special EDT. A strange aroma, dense, bright, prone to moss green notes with something in particular that I can not distinguish. A powerful fragrance. I think its best used as a fragrance to make and close deals, a scent that gives power and personality to women. Not very romantic but perfect for an atmosphere of Power.

*This is for the vintage EDT version*

According to osMoz the formula for Cristalle was never changed...but I notice a difference in the large sample I have (Thanks Eva!) to the bottle at the fragrance counter at the high end department store!

This begins so very bright and clear it is really no wonder it was named after crystal. The opening is a bit sharp, from the bergamot and lemon (and some say tangerine) and greens. The heart is a lovely blend of hyacinth and rosewood-slightly fruity and sensual. I, only now, do understand what the other members mean when they describe this as "cold"; it's like frost on the early spring flowers. It has none of the warmth and summeriness of full bloomed flowers, yet maintains a dry sweetness complemented by the citruses and leafy bitter greens. Stunning! The finish on this is woody and somewhat powdery from the oakmoss. The vetiver (normally used more in men's scents) add a cool aloofness to this scent without making it too dirty. Earthy: yes, but never dirty! If No. 5 is the template for floral aldehydes, this hould be the yardstick for green chypre florals. It is classic! Bright, dry, floral, cold and meanly green...

Sillage: very good
Longevity: great
Overall: 4.5/5

The EDT is one of those things they should have never messed with. (If it's not broken...don't fix it!) Usually an EDP is similar/the same, just a stonger percentage of concentration; the EDP here has too much rich floralcy and it's like a pretty glass piece, cut very beautifully...but it's not Cristalle (to me, anyway). It is more like flowers in a beautiful vaz, while the EDT is more akin to crisp dry vintage wine in crystal stemware-gleaming and catching the brillance of the light and crisply and cleanly delicious...

justachoirgirl
justachoirgirl

Cristalle is an elegant mystery as it develops from its herbaceous and lemony top to its heady white flowered middle and finally its woosy drydown. At first spray, I smell a fielf of herbs and lemon, then finally a lingering trail of white flowers and woods. Hands down one of my favorite Chanels.

this perfume is just incredible, so chic, refined green, floral with a beautiful powdery drydown, its a masterpiece, one of the best Chanel, its young, smart, sofisricaded, light, chic and very Chanel... beautiful hyacint note with a perfect fruit touch to it.. masterful.. irresistible, the perfect perfume ever created... 10-10

Persephone

UPDATE: I just got a vintage bottle of EDT from 70's - OH, HELLO, beautiful stranger! .... There's no unpleasant sharpness whatsoever the modern EDT has, no bitchy sour feeling to it, just tender transparent white flowers with a sweet but brisk hint of frosted citrus on a wet delicious base of oakmoss. What an incredible balance - it is so bright/clear and wet/deep at the same time. I always struggled to understand why this is considered a masterpiece and now I see why. Spring French chic at its best.

Catty

It´s my day-time scent(edp)! eveybody in the office loves it! Cristalle is not a common green scent such many others in the market.

It´s a day-time scent with personality!
That´s due to the french-chic touch, that Chanel with its "savoir faire" gives to this lovely scent!

Cristalle is by far for me the best day-time fragrance!

I just love it!

Passionflower

I found out that the EDP I had, had gone off and that's why it was so strong and sharp. Duh! So I tried it again at a perfume shop and it was sooooooo much better! Like the EDT, it's a lovely fragrance, but too soft and light for me, and too little lasting power for the pricetag. It's a shame because I would definitely buy it if it was more noticeable.

Trvevil
Trvevil

~ EDP

I tried it before. But I'd forget what did I actually try and so, there's no review yet. My current fave brand is Chanel. Their range of fumes is extra-luxurious. So let's start.

Opening was sharp and pretty green. I mean very green. After some 5-10 minutes I started to catch bright, but cold lemon note. Lemon note was pretty genuine and acidic. More after, it became bitter green+ some woody content.

I like the bottle of edp, it's clear, simple yet stylish shape. I think it mostly suits mature ladies, who might think this is great option for summer.

Passionflower

Got the EDP today. Much stronger than the EDT, but unfortunately with a sharp edge too. Very feminine and classic though, I can understand why many women like it. I think I'll stick to Mademoiselle instead.

minty
minty

First few minutes it smells so sharp, unpleasant but after settle down it smells fresh, soapy, clean. Like it but not too much, not a choose to buy for me. not my cup of tea.

nyoka

VERY SHARP! Lemon lime at its best greets u first.CLEAN non powdery.VERY green scent with jasmine as a minor player,the hyacnith is the leader in this cold fume.THe drydown has oak moss and exotic woods accord but,its not a warm fume.Smells very aloof.CRystal clear!Its just not for me.I like my fumes a lil darker and mysterious.

guest_:)
guest_:)

A perfect perfume for Miss C.C. Babcock from "The nanny"

cold,bitchy,evil and... single :)))

Chanelette
Chanelette

I guess there's a huge difference between the EDT and EDP version. I find the EDT version more smooth with a touch of soap, overall I'd say it has an optimistic tone. THe EDP version is pure melancholy to me and that's probably the reason I love it so much. The scent is crystal clear, I can't smell any soapy or powdery notes, just bright greens and white flowers smell with a touch of peach. Very transparent and cold - it feels like walking barefoot in a cold dewy grass on a spring morning, when the air is fresh and crisp and the sun starts to shine but can't warm you up yet. This perfume definitely has a strong personality, which is something I couldn't say about its new flanker, Cristalle Eau Verte.

vuelo
vuelo

Almost identical to Arden Beauty, only this one has a heavy yet sparkling lemon note in it that lasts. Like holding in your hands a cold massive bohemia crystal platter. Feels heavy, sparkling and cold.

It's nice... I never perceived lemons as being sweet, and this perfume is great cause it doesn;t smell like the classic sweet lemon I get in most lemon perfumes. It's very cold and distant, mature and serious.Ok, maybe even a bit sharky. I love it.

P.S.-the review is for EDP

janudy
janudy

I found Cristalle to be similar to Jacomo Silences, except not quite as ruthless. It's softer and rounder, if that makes sense. The opening is brighter, from the bergamot and lemon I assume. I get a touch of civet which isn't listed here, that slightly dirties an otherwise clear, cool fragrance. I like this more than Silences just b/c I find it more wearable.

Passionflower

I tried the EDT. Very nice pleasant fragrance. But on me it disappeared within 5 seconds, so I'm gonna try the EDP next.

twinklestar.pa
twinklestar.pa

I caution anyone thinking of purchasing.this. It has no separate notes or development (to me), just a strong, sharp, weird, and actually nasty note. I have tried it many times.

nyoka

How to describe this scent.IT makes ur eyes open a lil wider when first u sniff it.It is so sweet,crystal clear soft green that is bound together with fruit.All ripe and juicy ready to b devoured.Citrus notes add even more freshness, Then the florals unfold,Beautiful hyacinths and jasmine,still with that fresh,seductive aroma.It gets deeper and sexier as the exotic woods and my fav,oakmoss take control and make u giddy with all the well blended notes.Smells like a classy,expensive fume.

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

The citrus note is presenting a serious challenge for my skin chemistry. It's turning a fresh green fragrance into something bitter and sour, like day-old lime wedges. It's the olfactory equivalent of dandelion sap, and I can almost taste it! But I'm not giving up on Cristalle just yet. I must wait for the dry down to see if it truly dislikes me...

Update: It truly disliked me!

cherubkiss
cherubkiss

Fresh, clean ice cold. A edt that is perfect for a hot summer. I find it very refreshing. The smell of a very soft lemons intermingle with fresh flowers. It is certainly a very cool fragrance and it has an elegance about it, so very french.

anyone here thing that this masterpiece can be unisex? for me yes.. is fresh, little floral, and has that delicious lemon note...

Cristalle is a beloved scent of my childhood. There was a bottle of EdT on my mother’s dresser and I often went and used some.
I really liked that fresh, floral, elegant smell, so clean yet feminine. Years later I bought a bottle of EdT for me and used it in summer
I agree it’s suitable for workplace if used in small amounts, especially if compared to new extra-sweet cloying fragrances, but it’s not a non-descript scent without personality, rather the opposite. Subtle, but present with an initial burst of citrus notes, fresh but not pungent, then a bloom of flowers especially honeysuckle which smells deliciously fresh and lively. The floral part never warms up to a big thick floral, it stays transparent and lightweight. Then comes the beautiful oakmoss base, very fragrant and vibrant but never overpowering.
Alltogether Cristalle smells like a whif of breeze under a Mediterranean porch with hanging honeysuckle.
I think it’s a very well balanced fragrance, very suitable for women who wants to smell clean and feminine and a little assertive.
I tested the EdP and didn’t like it so much. It’s much thicker and dense, not bad smelling but not a more intense version of EdT either.
I’m not sure the EdT now smells like an older bottle. Cristalle is really one the few Chanels I like together with Coco EdT and Allure EdP. It is maybe considered less femme fatale than other Chanels, but it also lack that special Chanel’s grossness and hint of vulgarity that Chanel often shows off.
Lately I tried the Eau Verte version and found it quite meaningless and totally vanishing.

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

I try not to read about perfumes before testing them, so I was surprised to find that a scent called “Cristalle” was not at all sharp or transparent. In fact, it was quite the opposite, soft, rounded, and thick, a little bit like uncooked cake dough. At that point I had to read about it, and discovered that the EdP, which is what I have, is not Cristalle at all, but a later formulation made to take away the sharp notes and add fruity and floral ones to the original mix. Ugh. No wonder I was disappointed.

The EdP is a tame, somewhat generic floral that’s well-blended, but really doesn’t do much for me. One of the notes that I don’t like in the EdP is probably Givaudan’s synthetic oakmoss, which doesn’t smell anything like real oakmoss. In fact, that might be what gives it the uncooked dough smell.

This is one of those experiences that makes me glad that I sample. Now, of course, I”ll have to try the EdT.

CRISTALLE edp bears nearly no resemblance to the descriptions offered by most Fragrantica reviewers, so I am assuming that they were wearing CRISTALLE edt.

Far from being clear and crystalline, I find CRISTALLE edp very dark and heavy, similar in some ways to Estee Lauder KNOWING. In fact, upon initial application, I was sure that there was civet in this composition. I know that I'm not alone, as one reviewer reports that her s.o. told her that she smelled like "urine cakes". Clearly she was wearing the edp! I do definitely get, as advertised, a big soil note, similar to something like peat.

The galbanum is very notable in CRISTALLE edp, which makes it super longlasting and viscous. My sample is dark amber, rather than limpid, and although jasmine plays an important role, I would categorize this as a classic chypre with lots of brown grassiness. The sillage is not on a par with oakmoss monsters such as EAU DU SOIR, but I wouldn't want to suffocate in an oakmoss-galbanum amalgam, so that's fine with me.

I have several good chypres and so won't be adding CRISTALLE edp to my collection, but I am curious to test the edt.

guest_jolanta
guest_jolanta

Yah, all Chanel's are different: No5 for mum and auntie, Coco for lovers, Mademoiselle and Chance for young lady, No 19 for bossy and " bitchy" manager (Glenn Close)...so Cristalle is for...hmmm beautifull fully dressed georgeous stranger woman ready to flirt and leave after first impression....

pimentosugars

Wow! I just don't get that cool bitch edge so many other reviewers find in this fragrance.

There is a beautiful deep topnote in Cristalle that actually makes it my favourite Chanel at the moment; herbal, a sort of very woody honeysuckle/hyacinth over-run with bergamot which I love - and I keep thinking there's vetiver and honey under there too. The first blast is glorious, on my skin mossy woods and herbs coming through straight away.

Five minutes after one is facing Lemon Revenge Pie, and one has to wait about half an hour till that wretched kitchen freshener scent wears off.

I know the whole citrus freshness is an important dynamic in Cristalle, but it's just not alluring. Such a come down from the first spritz! Then in come gorgeous floral notes, and I'm in love again. It's only that first half hour that stops me from buying a bottle.

TakaBeata
TakaBeata

This is ever elegant and light my fragrance. i like it very much for summer. I have EDT ,citrus and elegant in one.

belletresor
belletresor

Most reviewers here are right on....

Sharp, very green and definitely citrus-y. A good choice for office, especially if you want to enhance a no-nonsense persona and downplay any hint of feminine softness! More like, "I am woman - not going to roar, but I can step on you quite nicely with my Louboutin heels if I need to."

I wore this one for a while in the 90's, and it fell out favor with me as I moved toward my current "fragrance niche" of chypre florals and florals. I guess in the end, I would rather play up my feminine virtues than be the formidable b*tch in the office!! LOL!

(Disclaimer: I'm not saying that everyone who wears this is b*tchy, just that it can come across as a crisper, sharper, edgier scent vs. warmer or more floral!!)

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

For board meetings only! BITCH bottled. Not for me at all though I can appreciate it's refinement; just too cold, too efficient and not me. This perfume to me says 'Keep Out'!

Malegria

An update for EDT: - it is indeed every thing that Persephone mentioned in her review.Cold and slightly bitter, as I hoped EDP to be. I wear it when I want to be very confident and sharp.
It seems to me that they took a hyacinth and drained all the sweetness away from it`s petals.I started wearing it in medical school and I think I will enjoy it even more in warmer weather.

Persephone

Cristalle is a brainy narrow-eyed, four-eyed skinny b**ch in prim Chanel glasses and a tight black pencil skirt, who occasionally eludes a wicked sweet smile (as she crushes you with her 4.5 inch high heel when you are late with your deadline). You hate her, but she's got everything so perfect that you cannot not respect her. Wonderful in EDT, the EDP was intended to smell "richer" but ended up as a dirty toilet odor.

samsara1977
samsara1977

I love this one, only not the eau de parfum but the eau de toilette version because I believe there's a big difference between them.
The eau de parfum can be overwhelming and too much, the eau de toilette keeps on smelling fresh and clean.
I do something with it that I shouldn't do but I think many of us do...: I combine it with another fragrance.
My favourite combination is Cristalle with Narcisso Rodriguez for her. You should give it a try! The air you leave behind is just wonderful... .

libertybelle
libertybelle

This is for the EDP - opened up spicy, yet tart and old fashioned but evolved into a soapy smelling fragrance with plenty of lemon and jasmine. This is not what I'd normally like but I find this perfume strangley alluring and I keep smelling myself. I think I might prefer this fragrance more on others as they pass buy perfuming the air with a clean, fresh soapy scent. For me, it's not a big enough love to purchase.

kastehelmi
kastehelmi

Crisp clean green-A chypre standard.....It's colder, and it seems a bit lighter than Aliage by Estee Lauder, which I adore. I think I would like this on someone else, it doesn't suit me very well, but I would wear it if I had it during the summer.

mypersonalharmonics
mypersonalharmonics

Just wanted to agree with anybody around here mentioning that the edt and the edp are two different scents.
I mean different.
I personally happen to enjoy the peachy notes hidden in the fizziness of the edp and it would be my pick between the two.But I would feel like I am not telling the truth if people asked me what I'm wearing and got the answer "Cristalle"...
No, Cristalle is the original bitter,citric potion,if I don't like it,I'd better not take advantage of marketing re-interpretations.

Berith
Berith

I have this fragrance as long as I can remember. I love it!! From top to the hart. A perfume that that makes me to who I am. Super!!! Powdery, fresh, clean, unique and one of a kind.

Malegria

I was expecting something galbanum-ish green, icy-cold, and hoping for bitterness.
What I got was a lovely, only slightly bitter lime peel in the beginning,sharp but not prolonged flower accord and sweet, gentle wood. Not much of oakmoss and very little vetiver, if any.
I have EDP version, now I am dying to try the famous EDT...

zvoncica
zvoncica

Cristalle is sharpest green scent I have tried. Mixture of citruses, bergamot and vetiver result as ice cold, sour and fresh perfume. When I say sour I mean extremely sour!

It is unusual compared to new perfumes but that makes Cristalle more interisting and special. Oldish at the beginning, elegant towards the end. I can see myself enjoying this rare beauty during entire year and in every occasion. Off course, it firstly takes some time to get used to this classic (I suppose it`s same with all classic scents). For the easier combination of green elegance there is Cristalle eau Verte.

I`m happy scents like this exist, they give significance to my journey through fragrance world. I love Cristalle.

I bought this perfume by mistake thinking it was Chanel No. 5 (my favourite perfume) because the packaging was so similar and I was jet lagged at the time and didn't realize it was the wrong perfume until I opened it at home. I do NOT like it at all. It reminds me of a musty old smell I wouldn't be caught dead in. So I dumped it down the drain. Now I'm off to buy the one I really meant to buy in the first place. Sorry ladies!!!!

marad
marad

I love this fragrance! Though it's old, it's special. I always think to myself ''don't buy it, it reminds you of old women'' but whenever I smell it on my skin the drydown is so feminine and clean that I can't resist to buy one more bottle! It's a very classy fragrance.

Different, is a good word to start with when it comes to describing Cristalle by Chanel.

Although Cristalle is often referred to as a 70's scent, it is surprisingly modern for its time.

The fragrance opens with crisp and refreshing lemon supported by a blend of dry and unsweetened florals. The scent is quite green and fresh, somewhat similar to Chanel No.19, however it is not as sharp and chemical.

It took me a while to like this fragrance seeming that the opening itself was rather overpowering and sour, however the drydown and the sudden presence of the floral notes softened the scent and gave it an undeniable feminine quality which was quite lovely.

My perception on this scent is that it's rather soapy yet fresh and revitalising. I found myself detecting a note hidden somewhere in the drydown which smelt rather like a smouldering cigarette. I must add that I rather like the smell of cigarettes, particularly on the opposite sex.

Honestly this isn't a fragrance that you're likely to find me wearing. Chanel's classy and sophisticated scents don't seem to do me justice, however on the right people these types of scents really have the ability to shine.

While this crisp, watery, herbaceous and lemony-fresh scent doesn't suit me, I'm almost certain that it will suit lovers of these kinds of fragrances.

amelie

Comparing Cristalle to No.19 - they are completely different to me, No.19 is soft and silky, Cristalle is even a shade more sophisticated from the famous No.19, perhaps due to oak moss in the composition. And I find EdT much better then EdP which is softer and warmer, with oriental overtones, while EdT a bit mystical and even a little bit distant, sharp, perfectly matches its name - Cristalle.
Both, Cristalle and No.19, are true ladylike fragrances, modern and eternal. Cristalle is so elegant, especially after an hour or two. If not in the mood, can easily pass you like a discreet perfume, but it has the power to simply radiate.
For me perfect with daytime and evening dress.

Flybethy
Flybethy

I always, always return to this fragrance, one of my very first true loves was the Eau de Toilette. I think that it is intelligent, unfussy, businesslike and quite armoured, very clean and a little sharp until half way through when it starts to appreciate the company it's in, relaxes and drops it's guard. One man told me that it didn't welcome him in to bed, but once there he knew he'd have a good time! The Eau de Parfum would slide the covers open as an invite, it's much more friendly but just as concerned with personal grooming. I really like both versions.

teedee
teedee

I looooveeee chanel cristalle, as long as it is not sprayed on myself ironically...

First, I tought this is going to be another green fragrance. So, didnt pay much attention to Cristalle when the sales ladies in duty free shop gave me cristalle scented paper. treated it the same way to much of those papers: dunk them in my nearest bag! usually shopping bag, but this time it was my handbag. Totally forgot about it for 3 days or so, until i decided to change my handbag and i re-discovered the paper. the smell....was wonderful...woody, a bit herby, and very lovely.

so, with high expectations, i hit the store , and thankfully, i didnt decide to buy it there n then. i tried it on my wrist instead. starts citrussy, then smelled soft flower (may b the hiacynth?)...then...a horrible smell. horrible horrible smell... it smells like ..erm...overused dirty public toilet.

so different from the scent on paper! and i wont buy a scent that's not good on me, no matter how good it smells on the paper/my handbag...

so, ladies...do try this on your skin before buying. and gents, make sure ur lady tried it on the skin first, before heading to the cashier.

pimentosugars

I was disappointed at first - a classic lemonflower/herb combo fresh and bright but not very original; Eau Sauvage for women:-(

But as it warms it really becomes lovely, with a beautifully tempered jasmine at its heart, and its trail is perfect - no-one is suffocated by its presence, but it doesn't stay too close to the skin to be discovered. Boring at first, after an hour the soft and delicate charm of this fragrance made me feel feminine without sacharine. After its predictable topnotes have worn off, this could be worn anywhere in any season; for the right woman it's a beautiful signature perfume. I am still wondering if that woman is me...

guest_roxi
guest_roxi

Is my favorite.long lasting smell and rich.i love it.

sabsoob
sabsoob

i am using Cristalle since 1995. it is perfect for the summer or any time of the year. am so glad that lots of people don't like it so it became my exclusive signature :) it's fresh, crisp, clean, refreshing and yet feminine! i received lots of complements wearing it. my only complain about Cristalle is the lasting power which makes me have to apply again and again.. i can't get enough of it.. it's really lovely!

Aalia
Aalia

It starts out sour and piquant. Then, the hiacynth charmingly arises to lighten the mood, and the brazillian rosewood has a softening, soothing effect. The oakimoss and vetiver are noteable right away, giving such an interesting effect to the entire secnt. I am testing the EDT. I just love it. Oh, how I wish it would stay just like this, forever! Alas, it fades away so quickly. No sillage to announce itś Chanelesque presence and style, no fixation for the delicacy to last more than two to three hours or so. Now, I am longing to test the mysterious EDP.

defne
defne

Perfect for hot summer days since it makes you feel fresh without the bitterness or sharpness of citrus scents. A real classic!

as a chanel perfume,it's not saying loud about the house behind it,it doesn't give me headache and I like it.
it opens with very strong and sharp citruses,bergamot notes.it's very green and I get something like olive note in it,which is not really bad.it's a bit spicy and not floral after 10 minutes.it's not very strong in the middle notes,but certainly it's not sweet and that's a good choice for people who don't like sweet perfumes.
to me it's all green and the best part about it is a opening scent.the bergamot is just great here.
so if you don't like other chanel fragrances,give this one a try.

Mals86
Mals86

I understand that the eau de parfum and the eau de toilette are completely different formulations, the EdP being more floral and the EdT being more like the original '74 chypre.

I tested the EdT and found it very pleasant: the opening green notes are refreshing, making this a wonderful choice for a hot day. The top-to-heart portion seems a little, well, dull to me. However, as the hyacinth/jasmine heart subsides into the clean vetiver/moss base, Cristalle becomes utterly lovely. I won't be buying this, because I only really love about the last hour's worth of each application, and that's a pretty pricey experience. But it is truly, truly wonderful, for that one hour. Try it.

asilverfire614
asilverfire614

This is not a review, as I don't get along well with chypres and it wouldn't be fair...but I want to add a funny comment: upon smelling this after wearing it for 15 minutes, my fiancee said, "You smell like a urinal cake!" Being a woman, I had to ask him what a urinal cake was...ha! :)

nymeria
nymeria

at the begining i used to think it smells kinda old and serious...because of the bergamot and lemon, i suspect...once on the skin though it grows into this unbelievable freshness, but it no longer stings the nose...the vetiver makes it green and cool but warm at the same time...i wear it only in the spring, because it is the essence of it: sunny and bright, but retaining the cold freshness of the winter...it's definetly a happy potion after a long winter hibernation :P

artgoddess
artgoddess

One of my all time favorites. Crisp and clean, but still femenine. A great perfume for the office, becuase it is not overpowering. I fell fresh and energtic when I wear Cristalle.

PR
PR

It wasn't what I expected it to be at least not from reviews, notes or what its name suggested. When I tried this one, it was like,'here we come again, another perfume I can't understand at all'. It smelled smoky to me, a bit bitter, I couldn't detect anything citrucy, because it seemed to me some chypre scent or made of aldehydes, resembling majority of hermes, and some Yves Saint Laurent scents, which seem all the same to me, and I am not a fan of those. The nearest it come to citrucy to me, it is the scent's 'dryness', but I coudn't describe it more, because it is too thick, smokey and sort of aldehyde chypre smell to me. Definately can't judge its freshness, but can assure as 'deep' I could get into this scent there isn't a hint of sweetness in it

woogyjones50
woogyjones50

I know I am in the minority regarding this fragrance, but it just did not work for me. It was too green or clean to me. I do think it would be great for the office or on a spring day. It just wasn't my cup of tea.

scenthound
scenthound

Very clean, crisp, structured. I always see green when I smell this. And I always wear a well-ironed white shirt to the office when I put this on. It's a very professional, smart scent.

Aiona
Aiona

I think I saw on another perfume website that there are two types of Cristalle. The original Cristalle Eau de Toilette was made in 1974, which is the one I'm more familiar with, as a sharp citrusy metallic perfume that has incredible sillage and smells great on everyone else but me.

Well today, I stopped by the store to see if they have Cristalle and they have the Eau de Parfum which was made in 1994(?) by someone else, and man, this smells totally different from the original Cristalle. I'm surprised they gave it the same name. I tried it on myself to see if my skin likes it better than the original. After the initial blast of a mostly "lime zest" smell, it dries down on my skin into something like a soapy watered-down version of "Sunflowers." Not the 1974 Cristalle I remember at all. Oh well!

caribou55313
caribou55313

The perfect scent for the office - crisp, cool, elegant, silky.

2007
jeca
jeca

Extremely sharp, green, cold and crystal clear, I like it, it's like a crystal ;o)

2007

Cristalle by Chanel 3.93 out of 5 based on 1301 ratings and 207 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Chanel Cristalle fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Chanel Cristalle, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Cristalle by Chanel. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Cristalle by Chanel represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.