Designers » C » Floral Green « Groups

Cristalle Eau Verte Chanel for women

Cristalle Eau Verte Chanel for women
dislike

Cristalle Eau Verte Chanel for women Pictures

Chanel Cristalle Eau Verte arrives on the market in April 2009, as successor of Cristalle from 1974. The fragrance is composed of aromas of magnolia, white flowers, jasmine, bergamot and Sicilian lemon, created by Jacques Polge. The perfume arrives on the market as 100 ml EDT (3.4 oz).

Bergamot Amalfi Lemon

Neroli Magnolia

Musk iris Jasmine

Les Exclusifs de Chanel Bel Respiro

Cristalle Eau Verte Fragrance Reviews

WildDove
WildDove

Cristalle eau Verte is a fresh floral, however the magnolia can take over to make this fragrance heady, cloying, and unwearable. Test repeatedly to a final drydown before purchasing.

Lucy Peach
Lucy Peach

This was a summer favourite for me this year. Light and refreshing, especially on a warm day. Much fresher and crisp than the original Cristalle which was my first ever perfume as a teenager. I love it. I also love Eau Premiere which I find is quite similar in the beginning. Gorgeous. Timeless.

Peta22
Peta22

While I'm a total 'vanilla-holic' in winter, I love bright, fresh, green fragrances in Summer and the last couple of years have seen me using Cristalle Eau Verte and Chance Eau Fraiche a lot! I think Cristalle EV may just be winning out :) It's lemon, lime, slightly florally and just a touch of sweetness. It's never overpowering but lasts quite well on me for a green fragrance (3-4hrs). I will continue to enjoy this fragrance next summer although my search for the perfect - and lasting - summer fragrance continues.

OfTheNight
OfTheNight

Cristalle Eau Verte was a blind buy for me. I'm still trying to be friends with the original Cristalle but it just won't budge at the moment. So my SA recommended Eau Verte to me because it's more modern and not as in your face as the original. Sadly she had no tester for it because some idiot had swiped the tester from the counter so I purchased it anyway because i trust her judgement.

On my skin this is very, very, very, very fresh. Normally I don't do fresh fragrances because I feel like they just disappear after a few minutes but Eau Verte is simply fantastic. This is actually the fragrance that has caused my love affair and i suppose semi-obsession with Bergamot because the bergamot note on my skin is so bright and refreshing and sparkling almost. It's almost like drinking a chilled glass of lemonade surrounded by lemon trees. It's summer in a bottle but with that Chanel DNA. I detect that "Chanel Jasmine" smell and a hint of magnolia but for the most part this fragrance is all about the dominant citrus notes which seem to dance on my skin in harmony.

Overall Eau Verte is a fantastic summer fragrance from Chanel. I'm happy with this purchase because now I don't have to look into the Chance flankers because I've always wanted something refreshing and Summery from Chanel and this is a lot cheaper as well than I had originally anticipated. The lasting power is around 6-7 hours, the projection is pretty loud for the first hour but it settles very quickly and stays quite close to the skin. I'll definitely re-purchase another bottle once I run out.

Light_Blue
Light_Blue

I got the sample. Very fresh, very green, but nothing special though. Too much lemon for my taste.

Sylvie-Aus
Sylvie-Aus

It must be one of my favorite of Chanel ! Strangely, I agree with Lana148, as this fragrance is not a typical Chanel. But for me it had the opposite effect, it was / is a good surprise . I would not call it generic, but I would call it "FINALLY CHANEL" expends their creations to meet our "generation". I am one of manny whom would stay away from Chanel fragrances, way too BIG. I did use in early 80's Chanel 19 but only the deodorant , which was potent enough !

mightypog
mightypog

Finally managed to make this last longer than ten minutes by spraying about a half milliliter all over my shirt instead of on my skin. Now, for the first time since I got this 2 ml sample from Nordstrom, I finally can experience it. It's got a nice dry citrus, a faint whiff of vetiver now and again and some ozonic fresh air thing I like. Sort of like the champagne spritzer of the perfume world. Likable. Unfortunately, I just used up the last of it.

Lana148
Lana148

Cristalle Eau Verte is a disappointment for me. I think it is very generic and ordinary citrus-floral scent. No originality, no lasting power. It has nothing in common with the original Cristalle. I have no idea why Chanel would put their name on it.

birdy
birdy

all i hade is lemon and jasmine. very light fragrance not very fresh because of the note very creamy of jasmine. no relationship with cristalle that is very fresh very green very nature.

aqua76239
aqua76239

I got a sample of it the other day-its very fresh, and citrusy. Any floral notes are very soft and sort of in the background, and citrus takes the center stage here. To me this doesn't smell anything like original Cristalle which is VERY green and herbal. This is more like a distant cousin I guess. I do like it quite a bit although lasting power leaves a lot to be desired. But that seem to be the case for most citrus scents nowdays. I like it well enough to consider buying a bottle. Sadly I was told that there is no body products available in that one which I would have loved to have :(

cecfor

This is my second review on this.
This jewel has become one of my absolute summerfavs. In warm weather it is my perfect scent. It is clean, fresh and the base has a great stayingpower on me. The base also has a cozy twitch which makes it interesting and not just showerclean. There is a hint of classic perfume feeling in the base in perfect amount. If I could choose only one for summer this would be it.

klmckendry
klmckendry

An ordinary citrus scent. Nothing special, unique, exciting. Unless you're addicted to lemons.

Honestly, imagine they made 100 samples of this, have 50 ppl get one labelled 'Chanel', & the other 50 labelled something boring or tacky like 'Paris Hilton, Kim Kardashian or Avon'. Then got those ppl to rate it.. Only the ones with the fancy 'Chanel' labelling would rate it as this fantastic, wonderful 'omg I love it' fragrance.

Don't get me wrong, it's not awful. I would happily pay $2 to have it on some cardboard dangling from my rear view mirror.

samlovefragrance
samlovefragrance

I have a longevity and sillage problem with most chanels EXCEPT cristalle eau verte!!! FIX THE VOTES PEOPLE!

cristalle eau verte is one underrated GEM. citrusy, green but not bitter and chypre-ish, but fresh and uplifting. when i finished my bottle i thought ill replace with chance eau fraiche but tried it a the couter zero sillage and zilch longevity, so no to chance eau fraiche!

lasts longer than any summer fragrance i own. so big like:)

jeannette_84
jeannette_84

I just got this in the mail today. Wonderful smell, really fresh. I can already say that is one of my favorites.

I absolutely love this!
Contrary to most peoples thoughts (judging by the reviews here) I actually think Cristalle eau verte is quite complex. Starts out with a refreshing blast of bergamot and lemony citruses, the clean strength and lasting power of neroli. It then becomes quite green and fresh to me, I also swear I get a hit of black pepper...seriously I do, although no such spiciness or seasoning is present. A base of musk which is present throughout the entire transition finishes off this fragrance.
This oozes Chanel class and for me could easily be a unisex fragrance, I wouldn't bat an eyelid about wearing it. I love how different this is to the original which is too bold and old Skool feminine for my tastes.
I may well get this for summer.

xrayer
xrayer

I tried this today alongside Chanel Cristalle EDT (that one smells exactly like Diorella to me). I absolutely love the zingy lemon opening of this which then mellowed to a slightly sweet citrus, my husband hugged me and said hmmmm you smell like soap. Unfortunately it was gone within two hours which was so disappointing, I loved the first hour of it, it's clean fresh and crisp without being too green - if only it lasted longer.

ginger68
ginger68

Someone could say this fragrance is banal, simple.
Yes apparently.. Citrus, flowers, freshness, crispness. How much fresh fragrances can we try? So many and often very similar. I used and loved Cristalle. But I don't like modern fragrances by Chanel, just because they don't work on me and on my skin. And here an excepion.. Cristalle Eau Verte is really beautiful, feminine, elegant. I tried Escale a Parati by Dior and said it's elegant, now I say it's unisex. Cristalle Eau Verte is much more happy than the other one. It makes me smile and feel confident and bright.
Maybe it is not a memorable masterpiece, but you will never fail with this shining fragrance. Good job Mr. Polge!

varykino
varykino

Eau Verte reminds me of the original Cristalle only in the top notes, with a sparkling burst of lemon and lime peel. The citrus is tamed within 20-30 minutes to a green-tinged, lemony magnolia floral, much more transparent than Cristalle's jasmine, and on me, the iris from the base notes starts rising up very distinctly from there on out. This reminds me a LOT of 28 La Pausa; I get just that chilled, delicate iris note albeit with a focus more on the citrus — to the extent that I searched fragance blogs to see if anyone had said anything about a resemblance, but came up with nothing, so maybe it's just me? No matter; this has zipped past La Pausa to the top of my want list for reasons of both availability and price tag. It's a cool yet cheerful floral-green cologne, light and pretty as anything, and as much as I adore the original Cristalle EDT, I suspect that outside the warmest days of summer, Eau Verte will get more wear time from me.

Sillage and longevity is decent, for this type of scent (you can't be stingy when you spray).

I chose to try this because of the message I got here in fragrantica about citrus scents.
I must say this is another beautiful composition of citruses and flowers by Chanel.
Elegant, fresh and full of citrus and greenness. Just how I like them.
It's crystal clear. It has a little spice and might seem sharp, but not in an annoying way. At least not for me.
I know they are not so similar but Chanel chance eau fraiche and this one have some things in common and I would choose Chanel Chance eau fraiche over this one.
(Both are green and citrusy, this one here is sharper than Chanel Chance eau fraiche.)

AmusedMuse
AmusedMuse

Absolutely gorgeously fresh lemony green floral. I cannot wait until Spring so I can wear this daily! Perhaps Audrey Hepburn would wear this with slim capris, big sunglasses, and a crisp white shirt while playing a round of croquet :) It's light but with good staying power, and I cannot imagine anyone ever being offended by it.

Platinum1
Platinum1

I was very fortunate to find this one mixed in with a giveaway box of Men's Chanel samples and as I enjoy all scents (no label need apply) I have sampled/worn it enough now to give it a man's perspective. This bright citrus scent takes the chill off as I write this in the cold of January as it clearly is a warm weather scent. The lemon~aid like opening is sharp but not unpleasant almost candy like? As it dries down any sharpness fades and the citrus and bergamont blends nicely with the white florals into a soft sweet tame "blanket on the beach" for your skin. The more I wear it the more I find this is yet another example of a "unisex trapped behind a woman's label." I would definitely wear this fresh, lemony linen scent to beat the heat come this Summer!
Kind Regards, Pt1

Over All ~ 8/10

mluckyg
mluckyg

This is green floral with lots of citrus. Sharp citrus smell like lemonade, magnolia and a little neroli. I don't think I will wear this one often, have to be in the mood and sometimes it could be too green or too citrusy.

smellME
smellME

This starts very nice, pretty sharp but green and lovely lemons with a touch of neroli. I really like the green juicy opening !
The magnolia tones it down a bit and I wonder where did it go...I almost get the liquide lemon napkin smell but it wears of and starts all over again when the iris makes it special again, as I was almost loosing fate in it..
It gets slightly woody mossy at dry down but manages to keep the fresh spirit all the way..
I have fresh perfumes I love that are in the same chategory that I enjoy more so I won't go for full bottle.
I will stick to my sample and use that - thanks someone !
I guess I miss the fig from Versense and slightly deeper woodier touch I get from GAP established 1969.

magrathea17
magrathea17

looked forward to trying this, but unfortunately it doesn´t work with my chemistry or/and my taste..very sharp from the beginning - not giving me a headache, reminds me of a detergent.. now - after 3 hours - it´s completely gone...at such a price and brand I expected at least solid longevity

suzana-suzana
suzana-suzana

I like Cristalle and love Eau Verte. The first one is like dark mossy forest with a few white flowers. The second one is bright yellow-green spring with the same white flowers. Eau Verte is cheerful, cripsy and extra fresh at the begining. Its base is gentle and very very pleasant. Lasting power is ok on cloth, otherwise we have fleeting beauty one.

RZ
RZ

Well first it is NothinG like the old 70's version.... Opens with Citrus, not the sharp kind that gives you a headache , it has a sweet edge but not teenager sweet..... The dry down is the best part.... Close to skin Classy Powder Clean scent.... I an now getting a whiff from my white T-Shirt that i wore yesterday... Because Really Fresh frag have a tendency to smell Cheap this one is a Perfectly Classy exception for daywear

DivotDiva
DivotDiva

I first tested this alongside Cristalle EdT and EdP. I think it has a slight resemblance to Cristalle as it has bitterness, but underlying that is the magnolia and jasmine. Longetivity of the Cristalle EdP was better but different notes. It is different than Cristalle but has similar quality and "feel".

I tested it again on a round of golf. This is where Eau Verte shines - it's perfect for outdoor activities on a hot day. If I wear something more floral, the bees will chase you around. Eau Verte was perfectly refreshing and did not offend my male playing partners. Nothing cloying about this one: pure freshness. Will have to save up some $ for a FB. Does not last long but made it through the round, so I spritzed on more later in the day. Drydown is very nice.

leushka

This was my wedding frag. Was July, 38C outside, really hot and dry day. Each time I sprayed me I felt like I had shower. Fresh, yet very ladylike scent. Usually I use it when I am on vacation. When I feel this Chanel I recall my happy summer days.

ADCout
ADCout

Cristalle Eau Verte... What a bright, classy, innocent perfume created by the famous house of Chanel!

Cristalle Eau Verte starts out with an incredible burst of energizing lemon and bergamot, which aren't too sweet but also not sour. It's so juicy! I feel like I'm drinking a refreshing lemonade!

It dries down to a neroli-jasmine combo, with floral and musky hints. Dries down beautifully, we can conclude. However, the main note is definitely the lemon, in the whole stages of this perfume.

The thing about Cristalle Eau Verte is, even being a totally citric and refreshing perfume, it does never lose the class Chanel has used us to. With this, you can wear it daily, being perfect for warmer weather, but also in the office, or even on special occasions, like a wedding.

It's not a very complex perfume, but it's something you appreciate for its quality and energy. It feels like a wake up in the morning.

Oh, and this one is definitely to be shared and enjoyed by both sexes; it would make a perfect citric fragrance, for both men and women alike.

If you're looking for a classy yet completely refreshing summer perfume, wheter you're a man or a woman, give this one a try.

Nickie
Nickie

I find it very difficult to find scents for warmer weather; my chemistry doesn't seem to work with those traditionally related with summer. Cristalle Eau Vert seems to buck the trend... and about time!

The lemon and cushed Refresher (sweets) notes work well and don't turn sour on me as the temperatures soar. The silage isn't great, and the lasting power is worse, however I get round that by squirting (liberally!) on my clothes (which doesn't seem to stain, btw). I still have to top up every couple of hours, though.

Clarins' Eau Dynamisante is really my scent of choice for warmer days, but the longevity is poor. Enter Cristalle as a summer substitute, but I'm looking forward to seeing how it performs in the autumn/ winter. Watch this space...

samer007
samer007

i actually like this one; and whats with the votes for longevity and sillage? this is the only chanel EDT that does last quite a while and projects well so fix ur votes!
as for the scent its a pleasant green lemon and magnolia fragrance; perfect for summer days.
4 stars.

kkw80
kkw80

Just lots of lemons. Nothing else at all. The lemons are not particularly nice either. Original Cristalle is miles better, IMO.

ermin2trude
ermin2trude

Oh. Well there's a blast of lemons and then more lemon and it continues on and on. Lemons. Smells very like l'occitane with the added delight of an expensive price tag followed up with a headache. I'm a huge fan of chanel perfumes. They smell expensive. They make me feel dressed. Except this one. It smells cheap and very one dimensional. Some perfumes don't suit my skin. White linen is one and on me, if I try very hard to get past the lemon blast, cristalle eau verte smells very similar to white linen.

Like/love-review
This is a citrus that suits me very well. At first it is a bit sharp, like a detergent. But after about half an hour it starts to smell very fresh and soft on my skin. Just clean. I don't feel perfumed in this one. Just clean-smelling and that makes it very useable. It reminds me of green tea scent from EA at some point but this is so much better and classy, especially the drydown. It is much more expensive too though, surely. I want a FB of this refined subtle little one. My sample is running out.

fedz
fedz

On my skin eau verte smells like a cheap green soap. Just awful!

Gabi310
Gabi310

A beautiful, contemporary yet uncomplicated Chanel fragrance, unfairly overlooked by many. While I appreciate the originality of Henri Robert's creation (Cristalle edt, 1974), I'm not a fan of it so I kept ignoring Eau Verte, thinking it must be a greener, tarter, colder version of the original. Well, I couldn't have been more wrong. It's luminous and breezy like the verdant, fresh air of spring. (Aroussa mentioned fresh tulips and I coundn't agree with her more.) Although many other reviews have cited that it doesn’t seem at all related to the original fragrance, to my nose the drydown reveals the carefree, younger sibling of Cristalle. A wonderful, fresh, very wearable expression of a sring flower bouquet. My new spring favourite!

bvrchi
bvrchi

so different from original cristalle

I think it's will be ok if chanel pair between cristalle and egoiste
another way, cristalle eau vert pair with platinum egoiste

because cristalle eau vert nothing smell like original cristalle
and platinum egoiste not smell like original egoiste
but cristalle eau vert and platinum egoiste smell so fresh and light of citrus
another way, cristalle and egoiste smell rich classic together

messier42
messier42

Ahh what a delightful scent. I find absolutely no relation to Chanel Cristalle. This is light and fresh in the opening, a little sharp but welcomely so. Within 30 mins the magnolia peeks out and makes a creamy entrance, but in a quiet understated manner. Then after a couple of hours, the delightful mix of citrus and florals warm to make a cocktail of sunshine. The perfect fresh floral mix, with a hint of sweet coming from somewhere?! not at all masculine. This will be mine!!! It's amazing.

Cams
Cams

Starts out fairly bright and then settles down into a soft but beautiful skin scent. Will be wonderful in the summer heat.

magda14012
magda14012

It is a beauty. The lemon at the opening, fresh as if just picked from a branch ofthe tree. Crispy, green, lively and fun. Goes wonderfully with a classic white shirt and navy tailored trousers. Classic for higher temperatures

Marianne Wynn
Marianne Wynn

It is exquisite it is divine exuberant it is fabulous,!!!!!!!!!!

nilizio
nilizio

I bought this green Chanel trying to change other green Chanel - Chance eau fresh.
Today I opened the bottle because I wanted a clean scent on a hot day.
Recently, I have on the shelves more than ten bottles for use during the day and evening.
Some of them cause me a headache or just discomfort.
Today, I really enjoyed the new perfume. Very pure, solid and pleasant. Not flashy, not being witty, not seductive. Only classic and fresh.
I'm sure this Chanel bottle will run out quickly.

Susan_b
Susan_b

There is something about this one. As I'm typing, I'm smelling. It reminds me of Summer Sunday Brunch.

ladynaqua
ladynaqua

This to me is less original than the original :) however, I like it more that the eau de perfume cristalle but not more that the old eau de toilette .. it is cleaner , fresher and easier to live with than the cristalle eau de perfume which gets too much for me at times , I can't easily live with heavy or overbearing scents although I love smelling them on other people .. so if you like green , fresh , clean perfumes try this one it reminds me of all the perfumes in this category but it has a character of its own .. good job chanel..

stephanie.hamrick
stephanie.hamrick

If the green of Chanel No. 19 is that of the ice queen in the boardroom, this is her weekend lunch with her girlfriends. There's enough citrus there to make it cheerful, but not so much that it smells like bathroom cleaner. I sprayed this on at 9am. It's now 7pm, and while it's very close to my skin, I can still detect just a hint.

Londonchick
Londonchick

If you like soft pretty ultra feminine green florals ( surprisngly not many good ones around) get thee to a Chanel counter. Be greeted,
"welcome to Chanel",
"Errr... thanks"
after that palaver get spraying, lol. Im a v long term lover of "greens" but am tiring of the sometimes too harsh, cold, sharp almost bitter citrus they often open with. This is a good exception, contains a tiny yet perfect amount of sweetness. This is perfect, subtle, lovely for spring day wear. Sort of a strange combination of elegance and innocence. This is quite a calming scent, its not cold like many other greens are. The magnolia is creamy and adds a little watery feeling which I always enjoy. Downside is longevity isnt great. This is an inoffensive one, suitable for work environments. Could be a little more original in composition but good standby day fragrance.

100mlEDT
100mlEDT

Chanel , Cristalle eau Vert 2009 by Jaques Polge. Introducing a ozonic citrus white floral. Retaining the original 'honeysuckle' accord and adding magnolia with abstract white flowers, 1974 classic Cristalle has been given a breath of fresh air. Announcing it greener and cleaner than the original. Standout note goes to sicilian lemon. Noticeably flaring on opening, quickly settling into a powdery green heart that wears fresh and cool, this to me feels perfect for summer.

CandyGirl18
CandyGirl18

It was a blind buy for me.i wanted it for a very long time.Very very dissapointed !!!!smells like cheap lemon soap! Not recommended!!!

wbp
wbp

Fresh and soapy. Nothing else for me. Sorry

tania.sedik
tania.sedik

Meh, I have this but i never reach for it. It must be too ordinary...

ElleNell
ElleNell

Sophistication all the way with this one.
Clean and ultra chic. For the classic, elegant women.
One of my Fave Chanel's.

I never see this advertised though?

Abodi
Abodi

ريحته كزبره

violetta1975

A truly wonderful scent! but you will not smell the magic immeadiately. This perfume needs time to grow into its complex perfection. A very nice job! Those who have nose will recognize this sohisticated beauty!

meligonlan
meligonlan

I adooooore this perfume. It's zesty, limey, fresh, luxe BUT the longevity is poor poor poor. I can't justify paying 100 Eur for it :(

Alicia Marie
Alicia Marie

This is my absolute favorite Chanel fragrance, and I did not like the original at all ( I wanted to after I read the notes but it just smelled like soil to me. Too earthy for my skin.) but I absolutely love every part of Cristalle eau Verte, from the top notes (green, crisp, and lemony with just the right amount of sweetness)to the heart (creamy and rich smelling florals) to the finish (a lightly floral musk). It's the perfect summer fragrance for me and I find it to be very modern and refreshing but still unique and classy, true to the Chanel brand. It's feminine but I find it to be dry and green enough that a man could even get away with wearing it. I absolutely love it, it's my favorite Chanel other than the Les Exclusifs Beige.

guest_Vie Cafe
guest_Vie Cafe

Way too much citrus!!! it's pure lemon-bergamot juice. Smells like yummy thai food though

I didn't get to experience the dry-down correctly so I will give it another try cause I love all Chanel.

i love the original Cristalle which has more depth, complexity and staying power.

I cannot make this perfume stay on my skin. It is gone a minute after I apply it.

Necabel
Necabel

En mi caso, pocos aromas que me gustan superan la prueba del verano. Este Eau Verte es uno de ellos. Es un aroma fresco, brillante, ideal para refrescarse con una chispa cítrica en momentos de mucho calor. Me ha gustado mucho.

***

In my case, I like few aromas that stand the test of the summer. This Eau Verte is one. It smelled fresh, bright, ideal for a refreshing citrus spark during times of high heat. I liked it.

Bklynlatinlady
Bklynlatinlady

It's ok, a fresh scent which I do like, but did not entice me to buy it at all. It's too citrusy for me at least, the lemon is overpowering. If it was lighter maybe. I rather the Cristalle Eau de Parfum.

K1
K1

It has been a long time I haven't smelt such a nice composition in feminine world and truly how premium perfume it is.
This is a pure and transparent combination of green springy leafy citric theme and chilly freshening floral hint that is controlled by musk proper for coastal vacations in vintage mood.
Personally I'm not a fan of soapy leafy themes but I adore this concoction because of volume of soapiness is handled with transparency. Its soapy aquatic play in dry down is notable and reminds a cool life like when you're on vacation in a hotel by the sea out of any stressing dailies in the cities; absolutely free.

Aroussa

Here I am again. Last summer I was singing the praises of this light and classy and feminine Chanel creation. I'm still with it this summer. Only I have discovered a new diminution to it: yesterday, I spritzer it on myself before leaving work. Then about 20 minutes passed... I got on the elevator with a colleague...she sniffed the air in the small little space of the elevator and said, "Mmm, fresh tulips!" I was amazed. Perhaps that's it, she nailed it. That elusive indescribable air to this Verte Cristall. Fresh tulips - I love it!

Patricia40
Patricia40

I love this, I didn't expect to love it so much. I love the lemon and especially the dry down it is more than refreshing, when I am wearing it I find myself inhaling deeply.

Soutty123

Finally, a green citrus perfume that I love! This is so sparkling and uplifting without being sharp. I think it's very feminine in a classy kind of way. Much more wearable for me than the original Cristalle which I love on others but which goes a bit musty on me somehow.

Perfect for really hot weather like we have in the UK for a change. If I lived in a hot climate I would wear this every day in summer. I feel clean, fresh, invigorated and happy.

violetta1975

very feminine and balanced fragrance. Soft, sharp and gorgious!

violetta1975

this is a wonderful scent! YOu cannot smell it in the beginning though because it develops slowly and lasts for ages. I even get compliments when I cannot smell anything on me anymore (after 8-10 hrs of aplying it. It is a very clean and amazing fragrance, i simply adore it. A bit too sharp in the first 10-15 min but what u get after is sweet paradise itself! :)

Jayne58
Jayne58

I dithered quite some time over whether to buy the original Cristalle or the Cristalle Eau Verte. Feeling quite the Philistine at turning my back on the classic, I opted for the newer, greener (yet friendlier) and more citrussy Eau Verte, simply because I found it the most appealing as a Summer refresher. The longevity is good. The opening is bright and astringent but the drydown is soft and slightly musky. The thing about this is that, as the top notes fade, I do not feel too sacriligious if I add other scents over the top - I particularly like to smear on a bit of Pacifica Malibu Lemon Blossom solid perfume, for an additional but different type of lift. I doubt that I would dare to do that with the original Cristalle - she'd have my guts for garters.

Razzamatazz
Razzamatazz

Well done,lemony fresh,playful,simplistic(in a good way though!)and a bit sharp.Feel like enjoying an ice cold mojito on a sizzling hot day..i get a bit of verbena too though it's not listed and sometimes it smells like green tea!kinda reminds me of the vert and citrus verbena by L`Occitane en Provence ;)

Chanel Man
Chanel Man

Cristalle Eau Verte is an incredible citrus floral one of the very best.

natalia.arcan
natalia.arcan

I'm in love with the so much magnolia smell in it! It does last soo long on my skin! Really in love <3

la tailleuse
la tailleuse

Although I hate the smell of Cristalle from 1974, I love this parfume! It's fresh, green and last a long time with a nice subtlety. Just perfect for every ordinary day!

989jul
989jul

Nice, elegant, and fresh perfume. Smells better and stays longer during fall and winter.

leeyah87

Timetoski - Really? I still don't think so and I own both. Spring Fever has a fruity freshness in it from the watermelon note whereas Cristalle Eau Verte starts off with citrus and dries down to a soft, white floral. Cristalle Eau Verte lasts a little longer on me than Spring Fever, but both have decent longevity. Unfortunately, Spring Fever has been discontinued since 2009 and is quite expensive on eBay :o(

UPDATE: I am testing these side-by-side and I honestly do not think they are similar. Spring Fever has a juicy watermelon top with an earthy, grassy base. Cristalle Eau Verte has a citrusy opening with a soft, white floral base.

Timetoski
Timetoski

Well, i wasnt sure so I got a sample of this yesterday and have it on one hand and the Spring Fever on the other and they are so similar! Especially around the 15 min mark. Try it! (I bet the cheaper spring fever is longer lasting...)

leeyah87

Timetoski - I have Origins Spring Fever and I don't think it smells anything like Cristalle Eau Verte.

JohnMc
JohnMc

Whilst searching for a Channel number to buy for my Mum's Christmas present today, I had the opportunity (and excuse) to sate my curiosity and smell a small selection of the amazing array of Women's fragrances by this behemoth of a fashion/fragrance house. I was taken aback by the unisex characteristics of Cristalle Aue Verte! This will definitely be on my wish list from hereon in - or even on the list for my girlfriend, for whom I would naturally have to buy it for! who says giving isn't fun?

ION
ION

People who usually get headaches from fragrances, most likely will tolerate this one.
"Cristalle Eau Verte" is a mediocre version of (what I consider to be) a bad perfume.
Shame, as "Cristalle" has the heart of a very adaptable all day perfume once cleverly tweaked.
Consider this the female "Allure Homme Edition Blanche".
That's all really..

Eos
Eos

The opening is a nice fresh citrus but as it dries it gets less distinct, taking on a sweetish-musky character. I don't really get much oakmoss in this which is a shame really. On my skin this dried down to the scent of PEZ candy. Yes, that's right, PEZ. I couldn't figure out what it reminded me of, but my husband laughed himself silly when he smelled my wrist.

meisha

Smells like expensive lemon/oranges. Refreshing and reviving scent for spring and summer. Lasts all day. Hubby doesn't mind it!

AimeeSoui
AimeeSoui

Oh, I really love this fragrance as I love the original Crystalle. This is a soft, fresh, dry, green, very pleasent and elegant smell. Unfortunatly it does not last very long, so I need to touch up at least twice a day. On me this stays quite close to the skin and drydown is soft floral.

kathrinaaguir
kathrinaaguir

I was given this a year ago, and I don't like it at all. I can't stop thinking people around me would believe I took a "lemonade shower", a little masculine for my nose.

leushka

To me it is a perfect summer fragrance. Very lemony at the beginning then it changes into lovely dry green smell suitable for hot summer or spring day. Love it!

orchid_84
orchid_84

Nice. It's a very light, lemony-fresh floral. It's not overly exciting or different though, and the staying power isn't great. I wouldn't be willing to pay the Chanel price tag for this fragrance.

LaPetite
LaPetite

Unlike its name may suggest , it is not green at all !
Don't know why , but i was sure there is verbena in this ! It smells like herbale tea to me . It is very pleasant , citrusy , but not sharp , it is quite calm and relaxing .
Very good daily/office scent , especially fo summer and spring.

w_nmbo
w_nmbo

The first impression while trying it, wasn't like "wow", but now I am a big fan of this fragrance. Refreshing, kind of female fragrance that seems like male one, but this is an asset. It is intensive, but fresh and not overwhelming.

Sassy1
Sassy1

I found the original Cristalle such a disappointment I was a little leary to try this flanker. But I decided to brave it out...

First spritz on skin, this is a bright juicy lemon. Not screechy like Trouble but refreshing and bracing. I sniffed this up for a few minutes and then horror of horrors, the dark green monster reared it's ugly head.

I thought oh no, here we go again, the awful dank mossy dreariness of regular Cristalle seemed to creep through and try to disrupt the citrus clarity.

But, just as quickly as it came it seemed to morph into whafts of mandarin tinged with jasmine and white flowers.

Very beautiful to behold!

marymargret
marymargret

Very fresh, indeed, but I can’t detect lemon here, rather orange or clementine. It’s a bright and pleasant, mouth-watering sweet citrus, not sour and acid. And it’s last, a long time before turning into some innocent white flowers. The finish is pure and simple aquatic, light and somehow lacks strength. I’m disappointed. The name, “Eau verte” is misleading. I was expecting a real green fragrance, grassy and vigorous.

SUHAD
SUHAD

love it my favorite

Blissful80
Blissful80

I have had my eye on this fragrance since it first came out. I smelled it at nordstome and I loved it. I finally decided to get it. Its not cheap but I think it was worth every penny! WOW!!! I think this is a perfect fragrance to wear for summer! I sprayed my arm with it 2x when I got home. I was hit with a refreshing burst of lemon and bergamot, then honeysuckle accord and Jasmine, finally the most beautiful dry down of abstract white flowers and neroli. This has a long lasting flirty very flirty sexy smell. It reminds me of bvlgari crystalline very sheer and transparent, but they are a little different in their own little way. When you think it has worn off and you don't smell it anymore, people around you can still smell it. This is crazy, but I was standing around someone and this was hours after I applied cristalle verte, I sprayed it around my neck, well... I thought it was her, I told my friend wow you smell sooo good, she said Im not wearing any perfume she said that is you smelling good! I was really shocked because I was thinking like other reviewers on here, I cant smell it...I was really really happy to hear that! Its like freshly made lemonade in the summer time and a bouquet of freshly cut fragrant white flowers, I just love it, it smells good! I think this is going to be my summer scent and I will give it a little rest sometimes and wear bvlgari crystalline also! Really great for anytime wear and 25+ :D

Jannochka
Jannochka

Here is another one of my favorites. I like how zesty and citrusy it is at the very beginning which stays that way for quite some time. It’s almost like you squeeze a fresh lime juice. After an hour or so it turns into soft flowers. It’s a perfect spring/summer EDT.

FRAGRANZA
FRAGRANZA

SOOOOO GOOOOOD! Who loves citrus should buy it! WONDERFUL, AWSOME, SUPERB. A real masterpiece.

kikiki
kikiki

It's my ultimate day scent.
Fresh and lots of citrus. After a few hours I barely can smell it on myself but most often other people can. I get complimented a lot when I wear this (almost always by women).
Though it's EDT it actually lasts abit longer compared to other EDTs.

marthaelena
marthaelena

Eau verte (green water) Is an amazing fragrance that makes you feel happy. It is light, feminine and classy. Perfect for spring and summer. You can wear it to work or for a fun weekend! This is my current favorite fragrance and I wonder why I ovelooked it before. I have been looking for this perfect fragrance a few years, now.

Happyme2009
Happyme2009

Lovely and refreshing, on my skin this comes out at lemon rind and bergamot, with very pale and indefinite flowers on the background, maybe some magnolia. No sweetness whatsoever to be found here, like a glass of unsweetened iced green tea with a large slice of lemon in it. It is probably the lightest Chanel I ever had, which is good for summer time. I like the original Cristalle, but the fact that this has no resemblance to that one doesn't bother me a bit. If I was to compare it to other fragrances, I would compare it to Hermes Concentre d'orange verte, and Dior Escale a Portofino, and Elizabeth Arden Green Tea. This one is sort of in between those 3, with more dryness and more lemon peel. Not very "chanelish" in character, as it lacks complexity, but very very pleasant.
I got it in a swap, thank you Gillie, and I like it a lot, I can see myself drowsing in it in hot summer days! Actually I love it! A keeper for me!

Nada90
Nada90

This fragrance is a mood lifting.. thing that change my mood.. it makes me happy.. i just got it 3 days ago and i am really happy that i got full sized bottle from this wonderful, cheerful fragrance. the opening has lotss of lemon and lime, but in a good way.. then i transfer into magnolia and jasmine with lemons.. very fresh scent.. it is a summer fragrance i tried it in winter and its not that good while in summer it's AMAZING..

pupici
pupici

I absolutely adore this fragrance. Everything about it makes me smile, it's just got that uplifting essence about it. Very fresh and light, reminds me of being carefree on those summer holidays with nothing to do but relax and enjoy having time to yourself and with friends and family.

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

I would say that I prefer this to Cristalle, lacking the melancholy of the former. It's a lovely zingy citrus composition but I don't think at the end of the day I would fork out Chanel money on it. I prefer escale a Portofino to this as I think it has more of the desired meditteranean 'atmosphere'

possumke
possumke

What a joy it was to recently discover this beauty!!
You can truly smell the quality essences used in the blend. It is pure olfactory pleasure, sooooo refreshing, AMAZING!
Lasting power is only mediocre, but still worth the price ! ;)

Bebe70
Bebe70

Like a tree in bloom. Fresh, pleasant, clean, and energizing, at the same time.
I think it is a little better than classic Cristalle.

winx61
winx61

Preferisco Cristalle a questo. Sente molto di the verde che ormai è inflazionato, c'è in tutte le salse.
Il primo Cristalle è invece eccezionale, particolarissimo.
Trovo Cristalle eau vert piu' dolciastro, mi mancano quelle note amarognole e pungenti del galbano che apprezzo in Cristalle.
Secondo me una riedizione inutile...

I enjoyed this fragrance very much. It is the wafting scent of lemon and lime blossoms carried by a summer breeze. While it is floral, it lives up to its promise of green, sparkling freshness. A wonderful choice for summer or spring.

When I go out to a bar, I frequently order gin & tonic with a twist. At first spritz, it smelled as though I'd spilled my cocktail all over my hand. The opening was extremely crisp, bubbly, citrusy, and boozy. I admit that sticking my nose too close to my hand gave me a bit of the gag reflex.

Over the course of 15 minutes, the booze note mostly faded away, leaving strong notes of lemon and lime. The white floral notes quietly crept in little by little. They were so soft and lovely I thought there could be some lemon blossom in the formula. Very charming fragrance.

guest_magster
guest_magster

very reluctant to buy it cos it's very similar to dior's portofino but nevertheless i did. i bought it and i'm somehwere in between. not disapointed yet still not content with the fact of having it :) so frustrating :) it's way too similar to dior's portofino and this is not what i wished for buyin a chanel. greeny, citrusy and a bit of like wc' duck :( i'm afraid :(

Aroussa

I was here a couple of months ago going on about all that lemon and if I wanted a lemon smell I'd buy a real lemon... But I gave up soon after that and bought a 100 ml of this and can't stop pouring it on myself. It's just so comfortable, refreshing, soothing and still feminine enough. I was torn between Eau Verte and Hermes Eau De Marveille but Marveille has this woody note that is just too masculine. Cristall Verte is summer perfection.

uninco
uninco

This is how the happyness smells. Sparkling champagne in a crystal glasses. Spring, sun, delight. Love it!

jae
jae

I'll keep this short and sweet. This is the most luxurious lemon drop fragrance that I've ever had the pleasure of encountering - AGAIN. I'm not sure what the difference was this time, but it was certainly pleasant. I can detect the magnolia with clarity (thanks to Creed's Love In White) and have become a fan of the note. This concoction is both sweet and sheer - with undeniable unisex potential. If Chanel No. 19 is best served in the Autumn/Winter, then Cristalle Eau Verte is definitely its Spring/Summer counterpart. I've fallen in love with this again and this time it's permanent. Chanel is now solidified and scheduled to enter my designer fragrance collection very soon - right next to Hermes.

amelie
amelie

I have finally come to this-Chanel Eau Verte is such a lovely summer fragrance that lifts my mood at the moment. Fragrant notes of lemon and bergamot are dominant, magnolia is barely felt and definitely not dominated by the fragrant composition. I may have emotional approach, I like Eau Verte with it's initial freshness, sparkling and crisp, so classy to me. Maybe I just liked this totally different concept, as opposed to the usual strong and lasting frags... when it comes to Chanel. While Cristalle was a bit serious and sharp green scent, Eau Verte radiates energy, somewhat resembles Dior, but without the bitter recognizable note so tipical for Dior.I think that one should not compare the "original" Cristalle, because these two fragrances are totally different.
Last year, when the Eau Verte came out there were bad comments, but who cares! I just love it!

guest_Maki
guest_Maki

At first it reminded me too much of green tea, but every time I was in a store, the bottle stared at me and I was forced to try it over and over again...Finally I bought it..not to touch it for a long time, as if I didn't have the courage..Then after buying a few disappointing fragrances, I
decided to just spray it on me...and, though not 'sure' at once, I fell in love with it after it's 'dry down'.
Can't compare it to any other fragrances, though there are many fragrances with a touch of lemon...this touch is not the same..it's softer and more soothing.

Nicole79
Nicole79

......When the Spring arrives and the trees are in bloom ....ALL those small , scented white flowers ( Apple -tree) ....that's exactely how Cristalle eau Verte smells on me, plus the Lemon note which gives it that soury sensation !
Transparent, clear, clean,green, Cristalin ! as the name say it ....:)
Very nice !!!

sky hype
sky hype

when i first smelled this perfume in Moscow stores i considered it to be a very simple scent, not sophisticated at all, especially for chanel house, plus the liquid dried down on my wrist in a very strange way: way too sticky, same as water-based perfume mists or smth like that, and after 30 min only a very very slight scent was there.. so i was a bit disappointed that i asked a friend to buy one for me in Paris.

But then i finally got my french present :)
SO GUYS I CAN SAY NOW I WAS COMPLETELY WRONG BOUT THIS PERFUME! Dunno if there's some unfair business taking place, but Chanel Cristalle you can find in Moscow stores really differs from the original! The bottle bought in Paris hides a very interesting scent inside: when you smell it the feeling you get is something like you are lying on the fresh grass field, drinking an oldfashioned homemade type of lemonade, not sparkling, but fizzy in a very natural way - because of the fresh citrus and lime leaves in it.

very nice, warm, not sweet, very natural and special! works in a dif.way with the different skin chemistry.

UPD. Neroli lovers - this one is for you!

To my nose, Chanel CRISTALLE EAU VERTE is a citrus green fragrance. The florals are completely overwhelmed by the lemon and the bergamot in the opening, and the drydown seems light, fresh, and clean, like a small patch of just sprouted green grass.

This is a highly likeable lemon cologne-type edt, but nothing really new, and probably overpriced given the abundance of high quality citrus/green fragrances available for much less, some of which are also considerably more complex.

Don't get me wrong: CRISTALLE EAU VERTE is quite nice, and if I were independently wealthy--or dependently, for that matter!--such mundanities would never arise in my mind. But I'm not, so they do. (-:

Aroussa

There I go, complaining here about this being too lemony-limey, but a few days ago I saw they launched another, smaller, size, 50 ml! I got it, and am very happy! My friends smell the bergamot on me more than the lemons, and all I get are compliments. Overall, a very classy, pleasant and soothing scent, and it lasts for ages. Thank you Chanel!

SYDNEYGIRL
SYDNEYGIRL

i finally gave in and just bought this amazing scent. everytime i would visit a department store i would spray some on, and the smell lingered for hours..so glad i got it! its lemony but then all i smell is the bergamot which sweetens the citrus...it makes me feel happy every time i wear it...very expensive, but thank you chanel.

meisha

A saleslady at the Chanel counter sprayed this on my wrist and I couldn't forget the wonderful fragrance for weeks and weeks. I chose this over the original Cristalle which smelled moldy and stuffy. CEV is so refreshing and uplifting specially on a cold rainy day. And what a surprise I could still smell it on me at the end of a long day. This is a lemony scent that doesn't smell cheap. I could also smell some faint bit of flowers later in the day. This is sepcial it's a keeper! Not offensive at all and hubby doesn't mind this. (He hates my Coco Chanel!)

Aroussa

Just too much lemon and lime. I adore lemon and lime, but only in beverages. If I want to smell a lemon, I'll get a real lemon to smell. Perfume should be more complex and intricate than that!

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

Smells just like orange peels on me. Fresh and invigorating but not cold or crisp. I never knew I could buy a fragrance that would make me smell like orange peels! I just love it!

guest_Soignée
guest_Soignée

It is a really sophisticated, green, young, elegant, not boring, elusive, refreshing scent. I tried it before buying several times and I was not convinced to buy it. But there was some "je-ne-sais-quoi" in this scent I was attracted to, so I was happy to decide finally to buy it.
It is worth it, because it is very fresh, but there is some sweet note though.
The feeling of being pure, clean, fresh, youthful, sophisticated, elegant. I just love it, love, love, love!!!

andrew85
andrew85

this is another masterpiece from genius Jacques Polge... a very sophisticade green, fresh and lemony perfume, ideal for all ocasions.... awesome, delicious..`Please I want Chanel, to come up with a masculine fragance now, with an original name, i am tired of all the variations of Allures and other things they did in the last years...

this is very very green!as every single other reviewers have mentioned it has so much lemon and lime.bergamot is dominant too.it starts with strong green notes with some hints of bitterness.I think it smells bitter because of too much lemon and green notes.
remember how Eau de Rochas or eau d'orange verte(hemres) smell?this one smells similar to them,but it's much more greener than all of them.
after some minutes it becomes milder.now I can smell flowers.though still I feel the refreshing lemon,the first bitterness is gone.it smells mild and fresh,without freezing at this level.
I think they name matches the perfumes exactly.if you omit hyacinth and melon from Cristalle and add more green notes,you'll have cristalle eau verte.of course the original scent is more feminine,but this one is more active.but at the same time it's not teenagery.it's a sport perfume for a mature woman who likes to smell freezingly fresh during summer.

I agree entirely with the lemonade reference zvoncica made previously. Lemon is certainly a dominant note, however the note isn't sharp or sour, rather it's a sweetened, almost candy-like, softened lemon note.

Cristalle eau Verte is refreshing like a cool breeze on a beautiful Summer's day. The opening blend of lemon, bergamot and mandarin orange makes me long for home as it reminds me of my childhood, wandering through the fruit orchards which grew in my backyard and tasting and relishing the beautiful citrusy aromas that filled the air.

The drydown is only vaguely floral with subtle hints of jasmine and magnolia every now and then. For a fragrance that is mostly citrus, it is surprising how much I've warmed to this scent.

There are hardly any similarities between this fragrance and the original Cristalle. The original is much more green and sharp, whereas Cristalle eau Verte is much sweeter and softer.

I must say that I'm rather impressed by Chanel's Summer offerings, with this fragrance and Chance eau Fraiche being my favourites so far.

zvoncica
zvoncica

Lemonade is great refreshment during hot summer days. To mild the sour taste its good to add some sugar in. Strangely how it always reminds me of childhood, makes me feel peacefull, calm and rejuvenated.
And I think to myself: this is the right thing.

Cristalle eau Verte radiates with citrusy notes. Jasmine and magnolia make them softer, tender and likable. Perfect mix of sourness and sweetness, elegance and crisp.

Has great lasting power for a citrusy floral green. Wearable with every style, occasion and season. I recommend it to all the women and man.

Its fresh, natural, elemental, unadulterated, humble.

And I think to myself: this is the right thing.

liat
liat

Oh, my! Some of the Chanel fragrances react poorly with my skin chemistry, but not this one!

Fresh, green and not too sweet in the bottle, it sweetens on my skin into a floral gentle clean scent. I put it on and went out for a walk in this hot and humid place and to my surprise, it only became better, deeper, more sensual. A great everyday fragrance for these summers.

MoietToi
MoietToi

This scent reminds me of my holiday in Denmark. Beacuse when I was walking around in a department store they had a gigantic Chanel section in the cosmetics department.It was there that I tried on Cristalle eau Verte. I think it's very crisp,fresh and lingering. Not to mention long lasting beacuse it stayed for almost 2 days on my skin. Let's compare to other Chanel perfumes. If No 5 is a classy and refined English Lady. No 19 is a beautiful and cool diva. Allure (EDP) a confident and bold siren. Then Eau Verte is a innocent and graceful ballerina. The reason for why I think so is beacuse the fragrance consists of many sheer,floating and light layers. Just like a ballerinas tutu.

iMaverick
iMaverick

This is love at first sniff! Abstract and crisp, and for the most part, somehow devoid of a gender distinction.

If you take the concept of reinterpretation of the original, to me it is taking the original's topnotes and doing away with the rest--pared down and simple, like a t-shirt and a pair of jeans.

Its topnotes sparkle of citrus and continues its way throughout the fragrance drydown. Its middle notes are a bit warmer, with an abstract floral heart of jasmine and magnolia. Its base finishes clean with mild woody notes and vetiver.

Overall it is not very green, at least not a grassy or leafy green like N°19, but more like a citrus floral green. It could've easily been a part of Chanel's Les Exclusifs collection. The longevity is excellent for a fresh scent. Easily unisex too.

To compare this with other fragrances, it would easily fit in with your bottles of Hermes fragrances created by Jean-Claude Ellena, and your Prada Infusions. Its transparence and freshness is unmistakable. I think it has a permanent place in Chanel's lineup.

If you were hoping for something like the original Cristalle, you're in for a let down.

guest_rainrowan
guest_rainrowan

I enjoy this fragrance but wish it lasted longer on my skin. I try to rub it in with oils of skin to make it last longer. Visualize rubbing a wedge of lemon on your freckles after a long day at the beach. Reminds me of Roger & Gallet's Extra Vielle.

HelloLovely27
HelloLovely27

Very crisp and clean. I get more citrus then floral at first. The floral come along a bit after. It would be lovely on a super hot day where you want to smell fresh and clean, yet feminine. If you were hot and tired and needed to have a boost this is the fragrance i would pick. It just feels weightless. Crystal clear! Yet its staying power is impressive for such a light sent. x

Belladonna
Belladonna

I tried Cristalle Eau Verte at a department store and found it to be a fresh & fruity update of Cristalle. I asked my son who was with me to smell it. He said: “It smells like soggy Froot Loops.” I realized he was right, it does smell like Froot Loops cereal! The saleslady was a good sport and laughed.

mudpach
mudpach

It's like a limonade! I love it...but not long-lasting:(
Perfect for summer.

Friss, citromos illat, sajnos nem túl tartós.

teddito
teddito

I find it quite different from the other Cristalle.
At the beginning when I first tried it,it was full of lemons and I thought-nothing special.But I was wrong.A lovely fragrance for the hottest days, marvellous development on the skin and in several minutes after spraying I felt the typical Chanel note I missed in the beginning.
I highly recommend it!

Marta
Marta

It's to cologne like for me,and it's on skin very short time.i'm totally disapointed,couse i was waiting for this.Nothing special,just next "green" fragrance:-(

mypersonalharmonics
mypersonalharmonics

Unfortunately I am not delighted although I am really looking for a fine green scent for the summer and Chanel releases are so rare and anticipated.
Eau verte isn't better than the EDP which is my favourite Cristalle edition.It is fresh alright but pointless.

I got a sample of Eau Verte and used it up for several times. what to say? could I say that's a useless new release? Cristalle is such a perfection in its own kind and Eau Verte doesn't stand up as a flanker. Maybe making a flanker of a very light chypre is no easy job. For sure Chanel has its own marketing experts who know what the public wants or is likely to accept and buy. #5 Eau Premiere was a bright idea to soften up a traditional not easy to wear classic, then eau Verte, which will be next? Coco Légére?
Cristalle Eau Verte is rather a pleasant non-descriptive green fresh summery scent. It reminds me of green lemon at first and then it's like splashing with just any splash cologne. It smells exactly like Eau de Dior Coloressence Energizing (the green one).Clean, not offensive, quite long-lasting, nothing impressive.

guest_Bibi
guest_Bibi

Finding this fragrance was just like falling in love. The previous reviewer felt that the fragrance disappeared but I’ve had lots of positive comments, everyone loves it but they’re not overwhelmed and that’s the secret of Cristalle Eau Vert. The balance is subtle, elegantly understated and naturally graceful, just like a perfectly tailored white shirt of the very finest cotton, perfect for any occasion worn with jeans or a classic Chanel suit.

tuberose_and _sand
tuberose_and _sand

It is a very fresh fragrance, citrusy and green, clean and warm. It's light and feminine, a perfume to make you smile and feel good and at peace with the world...The only MAJOR drawback is that it does not last at all ( or maybe it's me?!?), after 15 mins it's gone, completely. Such a shame :(((

I love it so much

Lunohodik
Lunohodik

Great, light weight, tender and even funky perfume!
I'm kind of surprised its Chanel.
I can compare it with Cristalle as one can compare two sisters in one family. The both have genetic markers of the great Chanel family. As older sister was a bit old fashioned and gloomy, strict, melancolic and grumpy. She liked to walk alone in the woods, gather flowers and wasn't sociable. The little sis - Cristalle Eau Verte appeared to be easy going, open and friendly, she easily gets along with people, she's a little miss Sunshine in the family. Cristalle Eau Verte likes fruits, flowers and chewing gum! We can trace scents of it in the air that fills her room when she plays, windows open, fresh wind wispers its secrets to the lace curtains. Cristalle Eau Verte is a hippie kid, happy and funny!
Its adorable!

Kultakutri
Kultakutri

It is lemon, more lemon, a bit of lime, some bergamot after two hours with still a lot of lemon, then there's a touch of magnolia and something like freshly chopped grass. With large doses of lemon. Very refreshing and summery scent; I don't know about the drydown yet because then I put on a sweatshirt soaked in Coromandel and the impression got somehow messed up.

Cristalle Eau Verte by Chanel 4.09 out of 5 based on 703 ratings and 135 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Chanel Cristalle Eau Verte fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Chanel Cristalle Eau Verte, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Cristalle Eau Verte by Chanel. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Cristalle Eau Verte by Chanel represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.