Designers » C » Woody Spicy « Groups

Egoiste Cologne Concentree Chanel for men
dislike

cinnamon
Egoiste Cologne Concentree Chanel for men Pictures

Egoiste Cologne Concentree, launched in 1992, is a richer, fuller, darker and more opulent version of Chanel Egoiste men's fragrance from 1990. The scent is described as an intense, emotional and irresistible, for those men who stand out from the ordinary.

Spices Cinnamon Woody Notes Sandalwood Palisander Rosewood Leather Vanilla

Egoiste

Egoiste Cologne Concentree Fragrance Reviews

Bbjr
Bbjr

250+ fragrances later and I now have a bottle of this. Renders everything else mediocre. Simply the best I've ever smelled. What was Chanel thinking when they discontinued this?? A total mystery.

cali34002
cali34002

I have an 85% full 3.4 oz of this if anyone is interested please message me.

johnsmunro
johnsmunro

I had this one recently. Sold it to get some other bottles. I already regret it given that I'll likely never get my hands on another bottle of this. Literally the holy grail of fragrances right now. Probably the best sandalwood fragrance I've ever smelled. Unlike any other I've smelt before. The new Egoiste is pretty good but this takes that to a whole other level. If you can get your nose on it please do. For men ages 25+. A true gem. Good luck finding it. Happy Hunting!

cytherian
cytherian

Chanel made such a mistake letting go of the Cologne Concentrée version of Egoiste. While Chanel presently has the "Les Exclusifs" line that exudes a niche quality, I feel that Chanel had already entered the niche segment with ECC back in 1992.

I have sampled both vintage versions of Egoiste and while these two are quite close, the Cologne Concentrée feels like a step up in terms of composition and longevity. While the difference is more pronounced up front and it does lessen in the dry down, ECC lasts longer than its ancestor. I did sample the latest Egoiste at a Chanel boutique and I found it weakened and uninspiring. *Sigh*

Luca Turin called Egoiste "candied fruit". Well, he was referring to the original and oddly made no mention of this Concentrée version. Knowing him, he'd probably deride it.

This fragrance is very unisex, mostly because of the sweetness. It takes a good long while for the sweet to abate, which can make it a little challenging for some men to wear. This is no casual "spray and go" fragrance. It demands respect and proper attire.

Unfortunately the scarcity of this fine fragrance has also lofted its market price into the stratosphere. Is it worth paying $200 for a mere 50ml? Some may believe so. You can also get a 7.5ml mini for around $20~$30 on occasion, but consider the ramifications of falling in love with something so financially demanding... unless you'd be satisfied just to sniff that mini bottle from time to time and occasionally dab on a little. ;-)
Fragrance 9.5/10, Value 7/10.

williamvargas
williamvargas

this is a fantastic fragrance.. so well blended and well made.. I have some vintage egoiste that I have had for a while, was able to get just a small sample vial of the concentree..I tried a little on one side of my just showered wrist.lol. and some on the other wrist.. smelling them both a little similar on first check... but after 20 mins there seems to be a difference in the fragrance it self.. it seems like what I love about egoiste in general is made even better by the concentree version.. like the egoiste has it's college degree and the concentree just got it's masters.. I would love to have some of this wonderful juice..looks so pricey out there and I can see why it is so sought after. no doubt the concentree version is superior smell to me.. almost makes me wish I had not sniffed ..now I feel I missed the boat for not seeking this out earlier..it has a similar vibe but just so much more extended or developed ...depth maybe is the word I would use.. others describe it so much better than I can but I just want to say,I GET IT
CHANEL WOW.. I am sitting back in my chair. this is what I love about fragrance, when you discover something like this that blows your socks off, this is not a knock on Egoiste at all , that to me is a fantastic scent, I would just have to rate this as a step above.

peter.aitch
peter.aitch

This is pretty much the perfect cologne. Yes, similar to Egoiste, but smoother, richer, and with an ideal development and denouement. Every phase of this one is exactly how it should be.

Merdogan1
Merdogan1

Kesinlikle olgun erkek kokusudur. Tarçın ağırlıklı. Başlardan garip ve günümüz tarzına aykırı gelse de alışınca çok güzel bir koku. Kalıcılığı ve fark edilirliği yüksek. Ancak 30-35 yaş üstü erkeklere çok daha fazla yakışacaktır. İlk günlerde çok sert ve aykırı gelmiş olmasına rağmen sonraları çok sevdim. Çok genç kızlar "ayyy bu resmen tarçın kokuyor, çok sert" demiş olsa da biraz aklı başında bayanlar "ne kadar güzel bir koku, kimin bu parfüm?" şeklinde tepkiler verdi. Özellikle bende beğenip eşine alan bir kaç bayan arkadaşım da oldu. Kesinlikle ergen kokusu değildir. Ergenliği atlatmış, özellikle 30 yaş üstü ve kariyer sahibi erkeklere öneririm.

Not : Yorumlarımı ve özel mesajlarıma cevaplarımı sadece Türkçe olarak yapacağım. Böylece yabancı dil konusunda sıkıntı yaşayan arkadaşlara gerçekten denediğim parfümlerdeki kendi görüşlerimi paylaşmayı amaçlıyorum.

michaelb
michaelb

need to sniff this and Bois Noir before i die

cleo cupcake
cleo cupcake

Mr. Almond - I am with you on this one - how could I have missed it. The search is on!

DaddysLittleHelper
DaddysLittleHelper

Given the age of this cologne, it blows my mind at how strong and long lasting it remains after all those years, the shelf life is incredible.

I have this in a splash bottle and I mistakenly splashed a bit much on one day, I didnt want to waste it, but I dumped too much in the cap, so I splashed it on, well it actually got on my office chair and my office smelled for at least 4 months of the most amazing sandalwood fragrance ever, you walk in my office door, it hits you in the face, and it has finally faded after just an endless amount of longevity from a bottle that is 20 years old, that is quality right there. And that day, I was a walking air freshener.

I will agree, in terms of scent this is near identical to the Vintage Egoiste, but make no mistake on quality, while the 2 smell the same, the quality of the Concentree is vastly superior.

Does quality matter, when we are talking about a scent that smells identical, not really, but if you have a winter jacket that you plan on wearing, splash some Concentree on that, and you are good for the season.

Amazing, and truly unfortunate that you cannot get a NEW bottle of this, I cant even imagine what this smelled like 20 years ago, what the projection or longevity must have been like then.

Baloma
Baloma

Cologne Concentrée? Commercialisme Concoctée.

Much has been harped on about this magic and rarefied elixir called Egoïste Cologne Concentrée. You can almost hear a choir and see a beam of light cleave the sky in twain at the mere mention of this seemingly contradictory fragrance category: the concentrated cologne. And therein lies my chagrin.

For the life of me I cannot figure out what the difference is between this and the regular edition! I swear to God all those people who rave about the CC are either lying or else under some psychological illusion - "Ooooh, it came out and got discontinued....it must be amazing then!....yes I can smell it!!! Yes!!! Yes!!! It's so different!!!" Uhh..NOPE!

Thankfully, there are many people who realise the folly of this condition and can categorically say that there is precious little if no discernible difference between the two versions in terms of smell. Some will concede that the CC lasts a couple of hours longer, but that hasn't been the case in my experience. In fact, there are some who say the regular edition (as long as it's not the reformulated version) actually lasts a bit longer.

And this makes sense to me; was Chanel trying to reinvigorate the flagging sales of the fragrance by creating a new name for the established 'eau de toilette' category - the "cologne concentrée"? It honestly wouldn't surprise me if it was revealed that this was just such a marketing tactic - perhaps a play on the double C's of Chanel. No doubt some other company will soon come out with an EdT but call it an "Eau De Parfum Dilué"? Please!

Xanovia
Xanovia

Ok... After spending quite some time with this fragrance now I am going to attempt to give it what it deserves... This is an incredible (and sadly discontinued) fragrance... It is gorgeous stuff... I will make a couple comparisons in this little write up... This fragrance to me basically sits to the right of normal Egoiste and Geo F Trumper's Sandalwood... All 3 scents are very similar and I have all 3 sprayed on me right now... Going back and forth between the three (and a bag of coffee ^_^) think of them like this... Egoiste has way more of a rose feel to it then the other two combined and because of that I feel skews more formal... Geo F Trumper's Sandalwood has this 'freshness' early in the composition that the other two do not possess and has more vanilla in the base then normal Egoiste and because of these two points I feel that while still mature it is by far the easiest to wear... Egoiste Cologne Concentree has more cinnamon early on and this 'dustiness' to it that is hard to explain. Think about the 'dusty' feel you get from L'Air du Desert Marocain and you will understand what I am talking about and it skews even more sophisticated because of this... All 3 are wonderful fragrances and as time goes on they come closer together with Sandalwood and Cologne Concentree becoming the closest to each other by the final drydown... Sniff them all out if you have a chance to find out which you prefer as they are all stunning... 10/10

e.j_24-36
e.j_24-36

Amazing fragrance, not many deserve the hype and praise, but this one does. This is smoother than the original, just divine!

freddiefingers
freddiefingers

This cost me an arm and a leg to get hold of and it is identical to the vintage bottle of Egoiste in color of juice,smell and longevity.the newer version of Egoiste pales in comparison to this.A look at the color of juice is enough to tell this.

this rather is more suited to the colder season than the regular juice on the market which can be an season fragrance for me as it is so watered down due to reformulations.

Given the similarities between them i will say you really dont need to hunt this down when you can,with a bit of luck,get the vintage L'Egoiste rather easily on the web than you would with the concentree version.I am saving this and the vintage for very special occasions and stick to current Egoiste for regular use.

Ariesboy
Ariesboy

Comparing my two bottles of CHANEL Egoiste Cologne Concentree and Egoiste side by side on the skin of my wrists....I can attest the following:

Both formulas are exquisite and tremendous examples of French olfactory masterpieces.

However, the Cologne Concentree edition (released for the US market specifically) is heavier on the the bourbon vanilla and sandalwood. In my opinion, Cologne Concentree dries down smoother with a base that ends in rosewood. The word 'earthy' comes to mind. it also possesses the the now banned hydroxicitronellal and Oak Moss - probably two of the most crucial elements in a classic perfume, which cannot be found in the current Egoiste formulations (which have become slightly synthetic).

I am lucky enough to own a bottle of the rare predecessor to both these fragrances 'Bois Noir' which was released exclusively in 1987 (limited release of approximately 1,000 bottles that were only sold in CHANEL boutiques). The Cologne concentree smells more similar to the superlative Bois Noir formula.

Neither Cologne Concentree nor Egoiste can defeat the might of BOIS NOIR. The holy grail. It is a bombastic scent that is far warmer, denser, richer and more scrumptious than the two Egoiste successors.

I get the mild "ashtray" note someone else mentioned, and I'd say the sandalwood note here is almost between leather and wood in texture. The fruit imparts a slight sour quality and overall the scent is a touch sweet, as well as "powdery." A kind of spicy hum pervades everything, and the balance is just right. I can see why this is considered so special, though while the dynamism is good enough, it isn't the most dynamic scent ever made. Rich and natural-smelling, this seems to be what so much niche aspires to be but rarely achieves!

In response to those who say this is exactly the same as the EdT, here is my opinion: the latest EdT formulation is harsh and unwearable; the difference is so huge I don't see a need to say more. The vintage EdT is very good but after a couple of hours becomes quite weak. This one goes on weak but seems to get stronger over time! My guess is that it has more amber in it. You can't compare this one to the vintage EdT after a few hours, since they go in opposite directions. If you can't detect these differences, be happy and buy the cheapest formulation you can get, but if you call other people liars then you open yourself up to ridicule; a "newbie nose" who thinks he's a expert. Good luck with that, as prices on ebay demonstrate that there are plenty of people who know how special this one is and are prepared to pay higher-than-niche prices for it !

KinG JameS
KinG JameS

Am a big Chanel fan but I had till today never heard of it before. Where can some one get it from, besides ordering from Chanel sites of course.

Cybernoir
Cybernoir

Warm and rich, very potent, but surprisingly soft, Egoiste concentree is one of the most interesting and complex fragrances I have experienced. I think experience is a good way to describe wearing Egoiste-- it is unique. To begin, there are many more notes than those listed. On me, it opens with a fairly masculine rose, balanced by a very soft musky, woody note, followed by cinnamon. I smell rosewood, but also smell rose. The cinnamon itself is unusual: Ceylon cinnamon, soft and sweet, yet more intense than Cassia. I smell carnation, unlisted, and a rich vanilla.

And cigarettes, an ashtray note that is quite pleasant and persistent. I am surprised no one else smells the tobacco note, because it is strong on me. I don't get the leather until about three hours in, when the rose has faded and mellowed, the cinnamon has become less sweet, and the musk has faded somewhat. At this point, Egoiste is spicy, and smells of tangerine peel or zest, rather than the fruit. Not fruity at all. Warm, sweet, but paradoxically masculine, the drydown is more sandalwood than musk, woody and smoky. One of the most remarkable facets of this fragrance is how it is both soft and almost gentle, yet strong and long lasting, with considerable silage and projection. Perhaps it is the rosewood that keeps this soft. A masterpiece and I don't throw that word around.

d-d-d-drew
d-d-d-drew

It was the Summer of my 19th birthday and I happened to be in France for the first time visiting my aunt, uncle and French cousins. I remember hearing that Chanel had come out with a new cologne for men that was intriguing and different. I may have even tried a sample from a magazine or something since it hadn't hit the states yet, but that Summer, it was definitely all over Paris.

Of course, just barely turning 19 that year, and not a little broke after having saved up for that trip for a while, I still couldn't splurge on something like fancy French cologne. I don't even think I had a credit card at the time. So what a complete surprise it was when, once we all journeyed about three hours south of Paris to the countryside, and when it came time to sing me "Bonne Anniversaire", that my family presented me with a Chanel wrapped package and my jaw dropped.

I'll never forget the warm, sandalwoodsy, light but deliberate sweetness, how it started out smooth, yet spicy, but not too spicy, evoking an elegance and sophistication that developed into a comfortable sandalwood that would always remind me of my family singing Happy Birthday to me en français. I regret that I can't find that again anywhere, but my memory is good and I will always remember those special times with the original Égoïste as part of the soundtrack.

ADDENDUM 08-08-13:

Guess who scored a small vintage bottle on Ebay today! =)

Chanel Man
Chanel Man

Oliver Polge needs to bring this back especially since there are so few Chanel men's colognes anyway. Everything Jacques and Oliver Polge does is great. There is definitely a market for this take on the masterpiece.

Pegasus
Pegasus

Egoiste Cologne Concentree is the epitome of elegance.

Too bad it was discontinued.

Simply exquisite!

mynameischarlie
mynameischarlie

1992 doesn't really surprise me at all. I bet we'd all be surprised how many of our "favorites" have other versions that we'll never know about that only exists in other countries.

However, I would love to ask the higher ups at places like Chanel, "Why NOT put flanker versions of your best selling products in a large market like the USA?"

almondbreakfast
almondbreakfast

"Egoiste Cologne Concentree"

Damn, where on earth can I get this?

And why on earth was I never aware of this? (read: Why did i have to stumble upon this?!!)

"Launched in 1992?" Are you kidding me? Why in the whole universe does it even exist?? I mean NOW, 2013????

Now I'm going to be on my crazy mission all over again to find this rare gem. Anyone who sees this, please do not buy it. I repeat. I'm Egoiste's biggest fan and please let me stay #1. (I don't think I've ever sounded this pathetic before). Well, it's only worth to be an egoist if it's for Egoiste.

Polge, you got me, again!! But this, is going to be the last time. Never again.

-Mr. Almond-

Egoiste Cologne Concentree by Chanel 4.70 out of 5 based on 62 ratings and 23 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Chanel Egoiste Cologne Concentree fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Chanel Egoiste Cologne Concentree, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Egoiste Cologne Concentree by Chanel. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Egoiste Cologne Concentree by Chanel represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.