Designers » C » Woody Floral Musk « Groups

Egoiste Platinum Chanel for men
dislike

I have it: 1793 I had it: 673 I want it: 1153 My signature: 128

Egoiste Platinum Chanel for men Videos
Egoiste Platinum Chanel for men Pictures Egoiste Platinum Chanel for men Pictures

Egoiste Platinum by Chanel is a Woody Floral Musk fragrance for men. Egoiste Platinum was launched in 1993. The nose behind this fragrance is Jacques Polge. Top notes are rosemary, lavender, neroli and petitgrain; middle notes are galbanum, clary sage, jasmine and geranium; base notes are amber, sandalwood, oakmoss, vetiver and cedar.

Rosemary Lavender Neroli Petitgrain

Galbanum Clary Sage Jasmine Geranium

Amber Sandalwood Oakmoss Vetiver Cedar

Legend Special Edition 2012

Egoiste Platinum Fragrance Reviews

hoodie
hoodie

Just sprayed a sample the top is a soapy Abercrombie & Fitch Fierce. After the dry down its just soap.

eav
eav

this juice is the asshole every woman desires. its earthy with a sass and respect. it has the spicy pickup vibe fierce has and its thruly a classic.

israuseli
israuseli

For me it is the description of "mens Fragrance".
How can someone make a fragrance that match to every possible occasion?!?

However, like a few reveiws have already mentioned. It is not a very "inviting" scent.

Projection and longevity are incredible
Quality

Pucca-Pucca
Pucca-Pucca

vhtnrdl, indeed in Japan it is known as Gackt's fragrance. ^.^ (I'm also not Japanese)

This perfume is really outstanding.
It is classy, sophisticated and seductive. This scent evokes a lot of feelings. It's impossible not to notice a man with such a perfume, because it is very alluring. Also the longevity is great.

vhtnrdl
vhtnrdl

I'm not Japanese , but In Japan, P.E is known as Japanese celebrity Gackt's fragrance.
He uses 50ml in a week. yeah, he nearly showers with it. broadcast staff could easily realize that Gackt was in tv station when they smell it. Because of that P.E is quite popular in Japan.

I've been using P.E for 3 years and stopped using it when i found aventus creed. I never smelt P.E from other until I went to Japan last summer. I was wearing aventus at that time and I felt like.. I lost.
I wouldn't be a pineapplely smoky person anymore. PE is more sophisticated and elegant frag. Aventus is known as most compliment getter frag(hypetrain) P.E doesn't get compliments as aventus does because people can't easily approach you.
It's so luxurious and sexy.. because of that It makes barrier. yeah its not friendly fragrance imo.
MEN not for boys. It reminds me James dean.

da17
da17

hate the original, but this one is superb

pomusthafa
pomusthafa

I mistakenly purchased instead of Chanel egoist not platinum.i love the egoiste because it is deep and fresh.this one is moreover floral.longivity is excellent.7 out of 10

Mitonios
Mitonios

Hello everyone,
The smell of the good guy for me, you can be a dumbass and were PE. A very nice, relaxing, easy-wearing scent.
Smell a lot like countryside: florals, aromatic plants, resins everything you can find at the countryside in the springtime. The florals are very light and delicate, and their being freshened by lavender and of course sagibee. The rosemary stand out from the florals and the lavender and give it's own vibe, as one the protagonists in this fragrance. Moreover you get a creamy feel from the sandalwood.
A very interesting fragrance, very versatile, it's gonna please everybody, nobody gonna be offended by this, it's a safe go. It's got, of course, the Chanel's quality character in fragrances.
If you are looking for a pleasant, different, fresh-aromatic scent definetely give it a try!
Quality: 8,5/10
Projection: Excellent
Longeviy: 6-8 hours

Sussudio
Sussudio

The smell of corporate cleanliness with an undertone of self sexual awareness and manly confidence is how I would describe this superb fragrance.

One of the best office scents when wearing a business casual look. Clean crisp soap and metallic vibes dominate the scent trail. In fact, the metallic note that a lot of people seem to dislike represents the detached but to the point attitude of the scent and the man wearing it. However, together with the rich and luxurious soapiness it fits as a glove and makes a lot of sense to wear as a businessman, especially one that settled for a high position within the corporate world.

Draws compliments easily, both from man and woman (not youngsters tho).On top of that it will last you the entire day, continues to smells clean and crisp throughout and is definitely not a raw or unbalanced scent that will offend anyone.

Can be worn by 25 up but does not like tshirt/baggy pants sort of types. This is for men with style.

phreaspirit
phreaspirit

Masculine, classic, fresh, manly...and old. It's just old and boring to death. It used to be a king in 90's but there are so many interesting and rich scents out there now!

moa007moa
moa007moa

The Best for me , very sexy and .... :)))))))

seachase
seachase

Sure, it smells decent enough and it's long lasting, but I have to agree with the reviewer below when he stated that this smells exactly like shaving cream.....the .99 cent kind, like Barbasol or Colgate.
Regardless of how many notes you claim to smell with your nose planted on your wrist, this frag projects as a shaving cream scent, and that's precisely what others smell on you. I don't understand anyone claiming this very linear fragrance as being complex.
I think shaving cream has a pleasant enough smell while I'm shaving, but I don't want to go around smelling like that for several hours.

Scent - 3
Longevity - 10
Sillage - 8

afy
afy

Too heavy and very classic. Barber style. I wouldnt give that much money for this

Marciu

There are at least few fragrances that smell very or less similar to Platinum Egoiste. GIT is NOT one of them.

ShaverX

Where is this GIT smells like comparison coming from? lol

Kharnak Rex
Kharnak Rex

As i've said, a good investment.
Very long lasting, and very complex as most Chanel is.

After 8 hours it's a wonderful persistent, masculine citrus musk, with an expensive, herbal green dry down.
This is for someone who typically wears a suit, a lot.

Marciu

@soloManolo - that's what I'm doing. I'm giving my prospective.

@Marciu
My take was on having them both side by side and getting a similar vibe out of both when smelled.It is not about notes breakdown.As i said, it gives ME the same FEEL and not a similar smell.When giving a review about fragrances, try to give your prospective and not bash another persons opinion on such a subjective matter.

Marciu

It has nothing in common with Green Irish Tweed which is a violet leaf-iris-lemon verbena combo with that famous Creed's ambergris drydown.

Platinum Egoiste is more herbaceous, not citrusy at all, to me it's not musky - it has a fougere touch to it.

soloManolo

It is very appealing gentle and fresh.Great for everyday wear.It has a lemon type grass feel to it, which reminds me a lot of Green irish tweed.Basically its like an eau de cologne version of GIT.

MSL
MSL

I don't have much to say about this one. Initially, minty; after, floral. An interesting perfume for daily use. Ideal for those who like floral fragrances, mainly geranium.

calculus314
calculus314

The first time I sprayed this on my chest, I said "Oh no, I made a terrible mistake. This stuff smells like urine!"

The opening can be sour and acidic that sometimes my nose still recoils from the opening. The opening has an old after shave quality to it.

However, once all that sharpness evaporates it starts to become energizing. As the day goes on, the scent becomes more and more inviting after each hour. Finally you're left a very comforting blend of floral and woods.

Unmistakably masculine.Yet soft.

***Update***
They redesigned the bottles to a more generic square shape. The scent, projection, and longevity still are the same to me. The only thing better about the new bottle is that the sprayer atomizes the fluid MUCH better than the older bottle.

I highly recommend getting the deo stick also. It's the alcohol type, so it kills odor better and cleans up very easy.

***Update #2***
I hate to admit this, but it does smell similar to CK Eternity.

Marciu

Let me share some impressions with you.

This is the fragrance which brought me "into the game". I smelled it on a man I met in 2012. We had a nice talk and I asked him: "dude, you smell nice. What's that?" He showed me the bottle and said it's "Egoiste" (evethough the sign on the bottle was saying "Platinum Egoiste"). I went to Sephora and immediately tested it on my skin. Well, it was a let down. Sadly. I started bashing it all over. Now I know that guy probably owned the pre-2010 vintage bottle which was a lot richer, deeper and more complex, I'd say. 2 years later and I'm the owner of the 100 ml bottle, actually my brother shares it with me, it's funny, because he keeps it in my perfume closet, I don't know why.

Now here's the other thing. Since 2012 when I started my "research" the design of PE bottles has changed, twice actually. My bottle differes from the first Platinum Egoiste bottles I saw - it has a totally plain and smooth bottom. And yes, I see the difference in terms of smell of my bottle and the "early ones" I smelled (those had carved writings on the bottom of the bottle: Chanel and 3.4 or 1.7 fl OZ as well as the printed writings: Chanel Platinum Egoiste Paris New York, N.Y. 10019 92200 Neuilly sur Seine etc.) Now - the carved ones dissapeared - they don't make them anymore and those printed ones moved to the back of the bottle and they're now above the batch code.

So - according to those facts, reformulation obviously took place and it probably was not the first one.

I have to test more the ones from the new bottle shape. I smelled it once and I can tell already there is a difference between my bottle and the new bottle with 7403 batch.

And I wonder why Chanel decided to reformulate Platinum Egoiste so many times. It's a mystery to me.

trmjkd989
trmjkd989

This is a very clean and metallic smelling fragrance. "Platinum" seems like a very suitable name for a fragrance such as this. Projection is pretty good, and longevity is moderate.

I will admit however, this fragrance does not garner me many compliments. Some people standing close to me will mention that it smells strong. But that's about it. Compared to other fragrances that draw much praise from strangers, this one is sadly close to the bottom of the barrel. It does have a rather 90's vibe to it which might seem out of place these days.

Fun fact: This fragrance seems to be a huge hit with rock stars/famous musicians. No idea why, but they love PE.

Henrythe9th
Henrythe9th

Scent: 8,5/10
Sillage: 8/10
Longevity: 8/10 (7 - 8 hours)
Versatility: 10/10
Overall: 34,5/40 (Class!)

For some reason I have been avoiding Egoiste Platinum all these years. Finally bought the Edt this spring. -Very versatile, fresh yet manly, sophisticated and quite long lasting. To me it´s the perfect all-rounder or anytime-perfume. It could last a bit longer, but it is still better than most other scents. No regrets at all. In the end of the day an excellent perfume!

aglow
aglow

A gentlemanly scent, classy and subtle. I like this best of the Chanel men's fragrances.

LMurad
LMurad

One of my all time favorite scents. originally my uncle bought this as a gift. after that i was hooked.

musicman4931
musicman4931

This is classy and a projection beast! Seems to be enjoyed by co workers. I have to keep this in the rotation.

JohnB2014
JohnB2014

Got my bottle today: a good summer fragrance….

JF Dufour
JF Dufour

Smell fresh, clean and a little bit floral. Versatile. Work scent. Soft and weak infortunately.

isabella76

My husband has loved this since 1998! Very masculine and sexy. He did get a rash from the deodorant but the fragrance is classic.

Ryanmmas26
Ryanmmas26

As much as I personaly like this fragrance my experience wearing this has been kind of bittersweet !

I say this because it has a very masculine,sexy,slightly mature appeal that to me smells very similar to shaving cream(which in this case is a good thing) and because of that ive gotten compliments from women 30 and older but this doesnt work so well as far as getting positive attention from anyone below the 30 yr. old age range. And I would wear this more but my girlfriend hates this fragrance as she says its too peppery and sweet(With only 3 sprays) and says it smells good but also kind of musty which makes it 1 of her less desirable fragrances on me.

With all that said though I still really enjoy this fragrance and even though it may not be 1 of the fragrances that works the best on me I still like its sexy,mature,classy and even expensive smell.

The performance on this is just like any Chanel fragrance. Which is amazing ! Lasts anywhere on my skin 8-12 hours and projects very well for the first 4 hours.

All in all id rate this a solid 7 out of 10 !

lacana7
lacana7

If you want to smell like a rich gentleman,try it.
If you want to smell like a guy from the disco try one million.

shadowmoses
shadowmoses

just bought this juice...and the fragrance, simply put, is heavenly.. very beautiful and expensive smelling.

paulhunter
paulhunter

Finally smelled this "classic" today and I was very underwhelmed. For one, it's boring. Very safe and clean and disinteresting. Also, it smells identical to this juice Eau de Grey Flannel which I used to have. That was $10 for 120 ml. This is full price designer and I kid you not they smell IDENTICAL. If you like this and like Chanel then yeah I could understand being a fan but even to a teenager nose this is just clean safety boringness. Pass. (Sorry if this sounded mean I don't intend it to be!)

xachlight
xachlight

this is a very fresh, clean scent. easy to wear and unoffensive, just make sure not to spray too much.

Carestinus
Carestinus

It is sometimes difficult to add a review now, in 2014, about a scent released long ago since I feel I might be unfair for not situating it in its original context. Some jewels were released at a moment where they were groundbreaking or brand new concepts and after that many copied and even bettered those so if we just write without that in mind we sin guys, we sin!

That being said, Egoïste Platinum is a total no go for me as I find it the closest to any cheap deodorant around. I cannot miss saying I worship the original Egoïste so much that this feels a failed flanker meant to outsell that one by using a very safe (and lacklustre!) formula.

Last weekend I tried both again, one on each wrist and I couldn't believe they come both from the same house... one is so original, captivating and masterfully done and this one has no soul at all. I don't doubt this platinum sold ten times more since Egoïste is nothing short of "special" but 100 fragrances come to my mind which appear similar to this platinum one... unlike the original one which is one of a kind even 20 years after its release.

I wonder if people who buy this on a regular basis know there are so many cheaper alternatives to this around. I guess this set the trend for the following meh scents for men in the house like Bleh, I mean Bleu. I am eager to try the exclusive line since I want Chanel to have me enamoured again. We'll see.

PS: I forgot to mention the advertisement is in my top 5, wonderful campaign!

Marciu

No, it doesn't have muscles and power in it. I'm talking about current formulation. You can easily spray 5-6 times on yourself and you surely won't offend anyone.

maiandros
maiandros

Outstanding! For MEN only. Sexy, manly, fresh. Higly recommended

Mo12
Mo12

The lavender in this makes the fragrance very similar to Luna Rossa by Prada IMO. I find it a very versatile cologne, good for any occasion, season or time of day (perhaps more suited to the day but works at night too).

I don't agree with the people who say this is a cologne for the older crowd; I'd say it can be worn by anyone as long as they project a quiet confidence/maturity that commands respect. You can't be acting like a boy and pull this one off.

Logan Garfield
Logan Garfield

This is one of the best male fragrances ever. I got this as a gift from my father. When I wore this for the very first time, I didn't really like it. But I was 15 years old at that time. Then I kept it in my cabinet for 3 years. At the age of 18 when I m mad at perfumes, I started wearing it. One day, my neighbor girl asked me to go out with her. When we went out, I wore Platinum Egoiste. As soon as I walked to her, she ( very rare to compliment me) complimented for first time and said u smells so good. love your fragrance. Thank you Platinum egoiste

ShaverX

This is what a mans cologne should smell like. Pure confidence and sportiness in a bottle

duzmantic
duzmantic

This is Perfection!!!

Manny44
Manny44

IMHO this may be the greatest Men's Fragrance in the world. I find its best when there is a bit of a chill in the air. Between 45-55 degrees brings out the best in this one.Optimistic, undeniably masculine, and strong without being obnoxious.

Ridhwan0103
Ridhwan0103

My god, this perfume like no others. When i spray this i get a clean full body and automatically you smile.

Tweleve
Tweleve

Egoiste Platinum is the person who shows up to a party, is willing to be part of a conversation but doesn't initiate it, and will accept a drink or two from the host just to be polite. This person doesn't leave much to remember other than a calm, relaxed encounter.

This isn't necessarily a bad thing however, not all fragrances are meant to be aggressive and in your face. For what it is, it does its job remarkably well, which is to be easy-going

februaryxiv
februaryxiv

It was given to me as a gift from my college days and since day I love this scent! It's classy, a very clean scent and somehow energizing. Elegant yet simple smell.

williamvargas
williamvargas

has been in my collection for a long while I first tried it some years ago, I remember around 1995 or so..it was recommended to me by a woman about my age at the time at Macy's.. I was looking for some suggestions. this was her choice and I eagerly purchased it . I quickly went thru that as I wore this nearly every day. I then repurchased another bottle about two years later, and now on my third bottle of this. I never kept any of the older ones to compare as I repurchased. now maybe I would like to know if it really has changed. I get a wonderful clean floral that to me exudes class..it sort of reminds me of a clean pressed starched button down shirt that you match with your favorite jeans that is my common attire these days and so comfortable. I am trying new fragrances all the time but I still have love for this fragrance and I see a lot of fans and I am not surprised. may not be everyone's cup of tea but I think you will make more fans with this scent than anti views, that is my opinion. I am not a note guy or well versed in that like others are on this site, all I know is whether I love a fragrance or not and this is a love fragrance for me, and my wife loves it so case closed .such a wonderful choice to wear to the office or out among friends, I think also it would bode well in close quarters... if I had 3 thumbs, they would all be up.... I will settle for the two that I have.. well done Chanel..

bart4543
bart4543

simple yet sophisticated

gert1980
gert1980

nothing special,100% the same as mont blanc legend

Kain
Kain

This is a fresh, herbal, spicy and a little woody fragrance with some semi sweet musky backbone which is signature scent worthy and great for all seasons especially spring and fall.
The opening is a fresh and a kind of soapy smell of lavender with aromatic and bitter herbal quality mixed with spices and some woods.
It's cool, fresh, bitter herbal but warm, spicy and a little woody at the same time.
Very well balanced I would say.
There is a little musky sweet smell to give the scent more character and it's always in the background.
The scent is linear so you will get what you smell till the end.
It's very safe and pleasant fragrance and definitely many of you smelled another fragrance with the same vibe before, but not well done and well balanced like this!
Projection is strong and longevity is around 7-8 hours on my skin.
Great work but not unique enough for me to spend money for it!

یه عطر خیلی خوشبو که به طور حتم بوش به مشام خیلی ها آشنا خواهد اومد. چون بوی میشه گفت تکراری و عامه پسندی داره ولی کیفیت بالا و بالانس بسیار خوب بین رایحه هاش اونو یه کار سطح بالا به نسبت هم سبک های خودش میکنه
رایحه ابتدایی این عطر با بوی گیاهی، تلخ، کمی صابونی با حس خنک لاوندر شروع میشه.
دوستانی که منو میشناسن میدونن که از لاوندر متنفرم
ولی لاوندر اینجا بوی گیاهی و تلخ و کیفیت بالایی داره و بود مواد شوینده و وایتکس نمیده مثل خیلی از عطرهایی که این رایحه رو داخل اشون دارن
در کنارش بوی کاملا مشخص ادویه ای و بهتره بگم فلفلی و کمی رایحه چوبها هم حس میشن. ولی در کل رایحه تلخ و گیاهی لاوندر با کمی حس شاداب و خنک و صابونی اش رایحه قالب عطر هست
بوی ضعیفی از مشک هم همیشه وجود داره که بحس نیمه شیرین و جذاب به عطر میده و بقیه رایحه هارو خیلی خوب بالانس میکنه
این عطر جزو اونایی هست که خطیه بوش و از اول تا آخر تقریبا فرقی نمیکنه به اون صورت
پس اگر از بوی اولش خوشتون اومده از بقیه اش هم لذت خواهید برد و اگر از بوی اولیه اش خوشتون نیومده که با توجه به بوی عامه پسندی که داره ممکنه یک در هزار پیش بیاد، بی خیالش بشین چون تا آخر همینه بوش
پخش بوی خیلی خوب و ماندگاری در حد 7-8 ساعت روی پوست داره و یه انتخاب بسیار خوب برای کسانی هست که میخوان یه عطر بخرن و 4 فصل ازش استفاده کنن و دیگران هم همیشه از بوی عطرشون تعریف کنن
عطر خوب و با کیفیت و خوشبویی هست ولی متاسفانه خیلی عادی و تکراریه برای من و بوی خاص و خیلی باب سلیقه من نداره که برام ارزش خرید داشته باشه

Андрей12390
Андрей12390

Egoiste Platinum - independent, very beautiful and noble, requires absolute respect.

fresh_scents
fresh_scents

I have three Chanel fragrances in my wardrobe, and all three formulations put an emphases on simplicity and quality. Eqoiste has some very simple ingredients and they are all mixed to perfection. This one truly is very appealing and fresh smelling for any and all occasions. I cannot imagine anyone going wrong with this particular one. However, you MUST be extremely mindful of the number of sprays you give yourself. Three is my maximum because anything over that amount would offend me. You must know that this is an early nineties fragrance that has muscle and power in it.

perfumemory
perfumemory

I've been wearing Egoiste Platinum since 2001 and I can't stop buying it over and over again. Very clean, uplifting scent, wearable at all seasons and weather.
Beautiful combination of floral, green, and fresh spicy. Lasts long. The opening is bright and the dry down is subtle yet still invigorating.
At first, I was wearing EP on special occasions, with suit, and so on. But then, as I've grown older, I've noticed I like to wear it just for any occasion when it feels appropriate or I want it. Out of some 15 bottles of perfume sitting on my shelf, this one is my wife's absolute favorite. Love and wear the original Egoiste which is quite a different beast, as well as Antaeus, but can't stop loving this one.
I guess this is love-or-hate kind of fragrance.

erkek
erkek

Absoultely best scent. What who say for egoiste platinum im not interesting. This is special.

9,6/10

kaysee

I've been unfair to PE a few months ago regarding longevity and projection. Maybe I didn't appreciate it that much?

Now after -i think maybe 10 months?- I've changed my opinion. For some reason I can see how the fragrance develops and obviously the longevity is amazing and the projection is really good. I can't wait to buy it again.

It has been one of my most complimented fragrances.

iamthesharkman
iamthesharkman

Phew... first review. Here we go.

Following a review from dracdoc (hats off - he does very wonderful, informative, and classy fragrance reviews on youtube), I decided to get a whiff of this. Walking through Macy's I stopped, sprayed, and waited. About 2 minutes after it was on my skin it IMMEDIATELY evoked memories from a local amusement park I had frequented in high school. I thought to myself, self, I know this scent. For the next 15-20 minutes, I annoyed my girlfriend, pestering her with the same phrase over and over: Where have I smelled this?

Finally it occurred to me.

This smells like a cologne I wore (as well as many other tail-chasing high school kids around 2004) BEFORE it was reformulated. It used to be in a red box, it used to be written in red on the bottle, and it used to smell much, much better.

I am of course talking about Abercrombie & Fitch "Fierce". Now, Fierce of today is so much different - it's pungent and has a sharp, chemical twang to it that I would almost liken it to a solvent than a fragrance, however I digress.

Chanel Platinum Egoiste does remind me of the A&F Fierce of yesteryear, however I do not have the opportunity for an accurate comparison these days. It was similar enough though to evoke the memory of that fragrance. CPE sets itself apart though by my standard's today. It's refined and proper, perfect for office wear or any professional setting. I immediately smell green pepper when I first spray it (something I smell often in opening notes, not sure why) and the floral notes come through shortly thereafter. After 15 minutes, it mellows out to a soapy but woody scent that projects fairly well for 2-5 hours. The base comes out and lasts for another 5 hours on my skin, staying close but sometimes jumping out and bringing you back to remembering why you bought PE.

Projection: 3/5 (it's a strong 3)

This cologne is a masterpiece. It is refined and professional, clean and refreshing... it can also be mysterious, sensual and sexy, depending on how you wear it. Which brings me to my final point: this can be worn, anywhere, anytime, and on any occasion. I would say that you might want to hold off until after college for this, as it's a little more refined. Definitely going to bridge the gap into old-man smelling colognes as I age more. God, I can't wait to be able to pull those off.

ColognesInCollege
ColognesInCollege

When I first smelled this I instantly disliked it. I would have considered cutting my wrist off it I hadn't been fortunate enough to have used a card.
Fast forward 6 months and a lot of tested fragrances, and my opinion is different. I can say today that I respect this fragrance. It has an element that I can't pin down. One sniff and I would say that it's this fresh, kind of green fragrance. And then 10 minutes later I'd swear to you it's a deeper spicy smell.
I'm not yet in love with it, but I can appreciate it for what it is. This is definitely something I can see myself buying in the future but right now I'm not ready to be in love with it.
I'm not entirely sure why. I don't dislike it at all. There's just something about it I can't quite get my head around.
Complex comes to mind as an apt description of my own experience.

Edit - Let me just edit this and say that a couple hours in and its far closer to the like side than the previous ambivalent reaction.

marcelopcr
marcelopcr

My signature scent and one of my favorites, definitely top 5. It has a barbershop kind of feel, very fresh, clean and manly. Women absolutely adore this. I find it very masculine and sexy. Definitely worth a try.

majecatracho
majecatracho

Eau de Grey Flannel smells just like this. On me this scent doesnt last long,and since i already have eau de grey flannel i dont need this.

hasanbenvidi
hasanbenvidi

باسلام.بوی باحال و کمی هم سنگینی داره . بویی داره که مورد توجه خانوم هاست.با اینکه خنکه ماندگاری خیلی خوبی داره.کلا عطر خوبیه.ازاون بوهاست که مردم خودشونو نزدیکتون میکنن تا حسش کنن.

02098888
02098888

When this liquid totally fades out, after drying down, there's a very subtle(you can hardly find) strange smell, something like machine oil or aluminum odour from a coin. Do anyone feel the same to me?

Just amazing
Clean and fresh

Marciu

Someone's gotta be joking if this (fougere-aromatic/woody floral musk) reminds him/her of Egoiste (gourmand woody -oriental)!

Actually what I wanted to say is that I feel only few things in it:bitter orange,geranium, lavender, jasmin, petitgrain and rosewood, while the last one is quite clearly noticeable only at the beggining.

burgundyaltima

received my first NEGATIVE unsolicited comment with my all time favorite (chanel platinum) ... Its true..its headache inducing..ALOT OF LADIES DO ENJOY THIS SCENT.it has gotten me tons of good compliments but.. my lady literally threw me in the shower, she said her head/sinus was hurting the whole day ( she was with me the whole day -__- )..yeah I took the hint..showered then sprayed on Versace pour homme now she couldn't keep her hands off me lol haha..LESSON LEARNED= be easy on the trigger with Platinum Egosite..this is not a safe scent

*Update: i feel uncomfortable wearing it...almost like im offending people because its a hit or miss..some may like it some may not.as it dries i pick up this minty aroma like ....toothpaste with metallic undertones.. JUST TRY BEFORE U BUY!

GMK

No offence to the lovers of PE but , I Personally (despite several attempts) do not understand even a single quality of this scent which makes it worth a buy.

Moreover it induces headache to me sometimes if i spray a little more.

But Its very subjective and personal as everybody knows.

anna.dkr5

@Marciu: I think it's worth it, yes.

Marciu

I have kind of different question, as it intrigues me... Do you think it's still worth its price though it was reformulated(probably more than once)?

I still like this smell in general and consider buying it. But there are still more cons than pros...

Ajcalderonmd
Ajcalderonmd

One of nicest smell out there, very fresh and clean, totally different from egoiste, this is more versatile, but egoiste is more daring and sophisticated, PE is for everyone, while egoiste is for the selected few, PE is mostly loved, while egoiste is love and hate, well this is my opinion. I use both, PE is my morning perfume while egoiste is blends well in the evening. Both perfume lasts long

del
del

Starts off with something sharp and metallic, then transforms to something soapy. Platinum Egoiste has a clean, just-out-of-the-shower freshness, and I admit it smells better on others (on my father) than on me.

The longevity on my skin is poor, and didn’t really project in my experience. A decent scent, pretty safe, but isn’t for me.

smell8
smell8

A men's man fragrance. Amazingly crafted. Fresh, mature and feels positive. A must as a summer / spring in my collection. Women love this one and if you're lucky, for the right reason!

I recommend using the egoist deodorant combined.

Smell - 9/10
Projection - 8/10
Longevity - 8/10

jackfort
jackfort

Cool fresh out of the shower scent.

Sillage and longevity are both medium.

jasmin5327
jasmin5327

Clean and light, just like after a quick shower (I think I have a pattern when it comes to guys fragrance...)

pptbudi
pptbudi

Smells of my new shirt stronger than this and people near me can't smells it at all, but I smells something very light,something and I don't know what smells is that, something like I smells on Bvlgari Au The Blanc

mofojo74
mofojo74

just unique and out on its own,smells like wet metal,cold and clean out the shower!!! outrageous!!! amazing!!

Abbas
Abbas

Another signature perfume fo my self!

A lovely noticable purfeume that stops people and they ask for the name of perfume, you are wearing! with pleasent smile !

A gift for those who are looking for lasting purfume.

muncierobson
muncierobson

(Edit: This draw SO MANY compliments!)

I LOVE this fragrance!

I've started craving it now the days a getting longer and the sun shines (sporadically)! Ideal for spring! It smells fresh, clean and masculine and draws many compliments when I wear it, thought I've never met anyone else who does.

I like to wear it to work and formal occasions. The scent lasts well on me and projects moderately, suiting these environments. It smells soft yet strong!

Notes that stand out for me are lavender, geranium, and sandalwood.

I agree with the description 'sparkling'! Ideal for spring/summer!

Hellita
Hellita

I love this fragrance too! One of my top 3 favorites for men. I don't know too many who wears this fragrance, which I think is weird because it smells SO good. I don't like the original Egoiste, but Egoiste Platinum is a masterpiece IMO.

Mortazuma
Mortazuma

Where Egoiste reminded me of an elegant middle aged man out on the prowl, this one reminded me of driven mid-to-late 20 somethings that had more interesting things to talk about and had tastes superior to that of their peers.

Maybe it was because I WAS hanging around with such men during the 90s? Yes, likely could be it...but, thank goodness for that. This fragrance has that enjoyable combination of unpretentious masculinity and character. The woodsy notes paired with the floral and herbal notes were so magnificently measured and combined that it was that perfect balance of being fresh without smelling like a sports fragrance, elegant but youthful, virile but in a confident way, not aggressive and also, sexy without being ostentatious...I find this much more approachable therefore, alluring.

Add me to the list of women that find this fragrance SEXY.

curtmaster
curtmaster

I had this and didn't like it at all. I even tried to force myself to do so but couldn't. I finally ended up selling mines.

Marciu

So, as I said, longevity is actually pretty good(I sprayed 3 or 4 times on my hand yesterday afternoon and I can still smell the faint of Platinum Egoiste). That gives me about 10-12 hours. The key is intensed application.

However, the sillage is not so good. It doesn't project like a monster at all, it does project quite good for approx. 3-4 hours and then fades away to a skin scent.

Marciu

Uhm, yeah, I guess I know how to apply the current version of PE. Sprayer works very well but it should be applied from ~ 10 cm distance between skin and the sprayer. Just because the cloud of perfume is so big. Second thing - if you want to reach 8+ hours longevity, spray at least 5 times. I go: one on each side of the neck, one on the front of the neck and one on each wrist.

ahmedyoussif4000
ahmedyoussif4000

it is the perfume for a decent elegant man .
very safe one .

Jose Marcos

@Rodri, having both, Egoiste and Platinum Egoiste, makes the world much better a place to be, and face.

Rodri
Rodri

An odd thing happened to me. I went to the store looking for a cologne called Egoiste by Chanel. The lady told me I could sample it, so put some on my wrist and noticed the name was Platinum Egoiste. The first minute was so-so. I left wishing to find something better. And I did, since every minute the sample I had tried got better and better! The next day I went back to get Platinum Egoiste! And it so happens they had Egoiste and Platinum Egoiste. I decided to try Egosite on my wrist. My first reaction was "Augh –too strong!" So I left with Platinum Egoiste in a bag, and with the sample of Egoiste on my wrist. And it so happens that as minutes went by, my wrist smelled like a wonderful blast! The next day I went back to get Egoiste!
Now these two quite different amazing fragrances are having a battle each day. In the morning I try one, but by the afternoon I miss the other one. They are both amazing! Two worlds apart on one skin at different times! Great fun!
Today I went to a shopping mall and an attractive not young lady walked past me in the opposite direction. I walked still a block-distance before I got inside a store. The next thing I know the lady is right behind me! I mean she was walking in exactly the opposite direction than I was!!! And I'm thinking "Interesting". Don't ask me which of the two -E or PE- did the trick because I don't recall which one I was using at that time. LOL They are driving me crazy!

strelnikov
strelnikov

very elegant and masculine. there is quality inside of it. I love its freshness and floral vibe.always a pleasure to smell egoiste platinum

marioslg3

From my collection of 250 bottles, if someone asks me to choose one perfume for my life, this will be the winner, definitely...i use it as signature for 12 years and didnt get bored of it.....the second would be rive gauche pour homme....Aventus as well....you dont need anything else if u have those 3 perfumes...Aventus and platinum come first as complement getters.....

Marciu

I'm wearing it today on my hand and I don't know why but it smells like an orange peel to me. There are some herbs and woods also but I feel that orange peel vibe. Quite interesting...

jp1990
jp1990

This has been my work signature for a fair while, almost finished the 100ml bottle. So here is my take on Chanels PE.

Firstly, I believe there has definetley been a reformulation as I do not get strong silage on this. The first hour or so is good but after that it dies down and becomes a skin scent shortly after the 2 hour mark. As this is a work scent, this is not a problem for me but may be for others who want to be noticed wearing this.

For the fragrance itself. It does open up with a sharp, slightly sour metallic note but that fades after 20 minutes or so. It develops quite nicely into a fresh, sharp clean scent. As others have said, it really does give you that fresh out the shower feeling. With that said, this is far from a generic fresh scent in my opinion. It really does smell wealthy and powerful. I am not that great with notes but what I imagine when wearing this is a successful man in his late twenties / early thirties in a sharp tailored suit, well groomed and means business. Hence why this is great for an office scent.

People have said this is a grown up version of A&Fs fierce. I get that, but they do smell very different at the same time. Fierce has a lot more of a musky vibe going on.

As far as compliments go, I have got a few at work. Mostly very early on in the day when it's most detetictable. Longevity is pretty good, especially when sprayed on your shirt etc.

Overall a great work scent, last well but sits very close to the skin and is very feint. Would I buy another bottle? Maybe, but if I'm honest I would probably sway towards getting Allure as it projects for a bit longer on me.

Sillage: 4/10

nero77
nero77

Of course my opinion is very subjective here... but this is not an easy one to like for me. I find the opening a little harsh, although the drydown is really good. I think it's a mixed feeling for me. I think the quality is good (it's Chanel). To me it seems like a very high class, very formal version of Acqua di Gio. I find Acqua di Gio very playful, but I wouldn't wear it with a suit. This I would. Definitely. Overall it's not bad at all, I think it would smell good to most people. For me I find it a little metallic and cold (the geranium note?), and I often like my fragrances very warm and a little sensual, so I think for me I'm not too crazy about this as other people are. But I respect that this is very high quality smelling and would make a great impression with a suit in my opinion. So I just hope that what I've said here helps!

johannbale
johannbale

I don't really care about notes. Smells like a soaked green grass. It's not a standout fragrance for me, but still OK.

longevity 7/10
sillage 6/10
scent 7/10

mikeydee
mikeydee

Smells like fresh green soap. Not offensive, nothing special it's a very safe fragrance.

NBguy58
NBguy58

Clean,fresh,safe. That's all i can say about it. A well done fragrance but nothing special. You can wear it anywhere and you won't offend anyone. Long lasting and quite sexy. Definitely worths a try.

jozemo
jozemo

My workhorse fragrance,it a good scent for all occasions,fresh,attractive to the ladies and it has a certain air of sophistication about itself,one of best
from the house of CHANEL,in my opinion.

Platinum1

To me this is the "Quintessential Men's Fragrance!" Everything from the strong tasteful name itself to the simple elegance of the bottle design. And what's inside is pure class in glass with it's very fresh and floral notes. Grouped as a Woody Floral Musk to my nose this is better labeled as an Aromatic Fougere. Mr. Polge definitely found his western target market with his revised Egoiste formula from Chanel. After all it is still routinely recommended and reviewed even now twenty years later as one of the most versatile all season Signature scent's a man can reach for. In today's world of endless aquatics and candy sweet gourmand's CPE is still the strong fresh and clean fighting man left standing!
Scent ~ 10
Sillage ~ 8
Longevity ~ 8

burgundyaltima

I just smelled Paco Rabannae XS and man..i think this is the closet you'll get to Chanel Platinum Egosite ..opening smells very similar to PE

This fragrance is so unique when i find most of the male fragrance use lemon and sndalwood as the main scents , egoiste platinum break the rules!!

Marciu

I tested it again today and I guess I finally know what is the problem between me and Platinum Egoiste.

The current version smells a bit rubbery. It's not a synthetic smell, no. It's just like that it opens up very vibrant, metallic, pungent and potent and turns into rubbery and closer to skin scent. I guess the composition haven't changed that much and I still like/love it. However it lacks with sillage - definitely and - longevity - it's not bad, but I'm expecting more than 6 hours...

Too bad it's too hard to find the vintage one...

fayegiblin
fayegiblin

I've bought Antaeus and Egoiste for my son and husband - both have good write ups but I'm not sure which one is most suited to which... Seems Platinum Egoiste may be better for my husband and Antaeus the young maybe? Looking forward to them getting it and seeing what they/I think of it. Sounds fab, here's hoping they agree.

Raqtan
Raqtan

Platinum Egoiste might not be the best..

But the truth is it is great in everything!

I don't see any negatives in this fragrance.. Really nothing at all.

Smells great and most importantly masculine
Stays 8+ hours
People around you love it
Any time of the day.. Any time of the year.. with no worries.

Is it my favorite? Honestly no.
But if someone is pointing a gun at me forcing me to choose one fragrance to wear forever, my pick is gonna be CHANEL Platinum Egoiste.

exeler0
exeler0

Egoiste is wealthy. Platinum Egoiste is rich.

For me that sums up this dicotomy

Thee Arabian Knight
Thee Arabian Knight

I waited so long to get Platinum Egoiste, and I finally did. This fragrance evokes class, elegance, and masculinity. The scent itself makes the wearer feel rich.

Upon initial burst, I get this sharp blast of lavender and citrus (maybe it's the neroli?). Also, as the name of the fragrance suggests, there is a slight metallic vibe that may be a little off-putting to some, but I love it. Then in the dry-down, this awesome concoction of woody and floral notes kicks in and creates a scent that resembles that of an expensive shaving cream. Don't let the floral notes in here fool you because this is a true masculine scent.

Not only does Platinum Egoiste smell amazing, but it lasts and projects like nobody's business. I gave this a full wearing on a cold winter day, and it projected like no other fresh scent and lasted at least 8 hours, and that's rare because nothing seems to perform well on my skin. That's pretty damn impressive for a fresh/green scent, if you ask me.

To top things off, PE is versatile as hell. I'm 17 and I wear it, my 85 year old grandfather can wear it, my cousin's 2 year old son can also wear it; basically anyone can wear it. It can be worn on any occasion at any time of day. This is the most versatile fragrance I have ever come across. It's amazing what this thing can do.

I would rate this 10/10 any day of the year. This fragrance is perfect. This masterpiece is a must have for every gentleman out there.

wonderlife
wonderlife

@LanceDior you're right about the similarity, I own both and The only difference between the two is, one's floral and the other is citrus. I'm partial to lavender, and so I lean a bit more toward Egoïste, despite the fact that Bleu is far more attractive in appearance. Egoïste on the other hand looks bland until I spray some on, and then BAM!

usas
usas

Wow, what a different fragrance! Fresh, but different.
I have sampled this one a few times during the past years. Always thought it was ok, but not worth buying. I once smelled someone wearing it in the train, immediately recognized CEP but didn't like it on him.

Recently I got the chance to buy a used bottle. And... Wow. I misjudged this completely. The top notes are fenomenal. I even dare to say this is the best opening I have ever smelled from any fragrance. And I have smelled a lot. Fresh out the shower, but even better.
The drydown is still "different", but I'm starting to like it more and more. It has something floral, But distinctive from what would normally be a flowery smell.

This fragrance has to grow on one.

8/10 (now, maybe a 9/10 in a year).

Edit:
Still in love with the topnotes, but my opinion on the drydown took a turn for the worse. The sharp, metallic notes sometimes spoiles it for me. Also, don't wear this fragrance in very hot weather.

LanceDior
LanceDior

Bleu de Chanel is the (fantastic) modern version of this extraordinarily beautiful fragrance.

cytherian
cytherian

In a recent survey on Fragrantica of men's colognes that are recommended, Chanel Egoiste Platinum is up there in the top row alongside Lalique Encre Noir and a few others. I can see why. This is a cool, classy fragrance from the floral/musk side of the range that doesn't come across as too sweet or floral. It has just the right balance to have a definitely masculine appeal while still rendering a soft image... like satin finish aluminum with rounded edges. It warms up to the touch but is still smooth and bold with a pleasant inclusion of floral notes. A little synthetic perhaps, but in a good way.

I don't own this yet. I have a sample that I've been testing. But I've been letting it work on my olfactory senses as I pursue other less available and more costly fragrances. I know that eventually I will own a bottle, but I'm in no hurry... this is a smashing success for Chanel and I'm sure it'll be around for a long time to come.

Javy_Medz
Javy_Medz

So clean and soapy, so floral, so masculine, so goooood. Grabbing a bottle of this is a no-brainer!! Made the mistake of smelling it out of the atomizer the first time i crossed paths with this. The opening will throw you off but it is amazing once you give it time to sit on your skin. Glad I gave it a second chance. Everyone around me seemed to like it as well. Very inoffensive and definitely a professional feel to it.

I'm getting a bottle ASAP.

Brahmsfourth
Brahmsfourth

I have two bottles of this; one made in the U.S., and the other made in France. While the U.S. fragrance is warm and elegant, there is an enhanced richness in the French product that is dazzling. A superlative creation.

ed
ed

Anyone else noticed the similarity between PE and Lynx Apollo deodorant? I believe Lynx is called Axe in the US.

PE does smell somewhat less synthetic, but Apollo is certainly a pleasant smelling deo for £3.50.

missan
missan

This is a synthetic metallic monster, I don´t like it at all. The first really bad fragrance from Chanel IMO.

Marciu

It seems to be strong and potent in the first 2 hours after apply. Then it slowly fades away into a skin scent after few hours (at least on my skin).

Lately it is similar to the base of Dior Homme Sport (vintage) to my nose, I guess it's that herbaciousness. But of course Dior as a whole fragrance is much different, it's a ginger bomb whole this one is rather a mix of woody floral musk with aromatic fougere.

manos1965
manos1965

In my opinion it is exactly in the middle between original egoiste and pour monsieur.It has the benefits of both without any significant fault and lasts much longer.A very good choice.

Eddie2082
Eddie2082

This is powerful. One spray and you are good to go.
Last all day and you can even wake up with it.
Not the best scent for me, but a lot of people love it.

Kon-nos91
Kon-nos91

Older men should use this type of EDT. It lasts a lot comparing to other Chanel's men fragrances and it's strong, really. It's not a familiar scent and most of you will hate it, but in some skins it will fit great. For me it's a 7/10 because of the 'strange mix of it' and I would call it a woody, 'darky' floral, animalic one. For ages 30+ and nice for night events or interviews. Don't spray more than 3 times.

orestes
orestes

Unfortunately refolmulated....

34THN13
34THN13

Chanel Platinum Egoiste.. Soapy,fresh and aromatic scent. So elegant, so manly, so clean. I like soapy scents example Prada Infusion d`Homme or Prada Luna Rossa I think Platinum Egoiste better than other soapy Fragrances.. One spray and from the moment u feel like take a shower. Good choice for office scents. But very expensive.. Lavander, Geranium and sandalwood foreground and a little bit Vetiver.. Wearable all seasons. Longevity 8+ hours but Sillage is bad.. I don't have compliments for this stuff..

Projection: 8/10
Sillage: 4/10

donnie12
donnie12

clean soapy smell on drydown. classy and good for sunny days. great scent. surprisingly long lasting on my skin.

Broseph
Broseph

Very good smell. I recommend to all men! Did have confuse talk with young woman on a date. She say I am Egotist, I said yes, I wear Egoiste. She says no, this is bad, you are Egotist. I said no, Egoiste is good! She walks away.
Females are confuse.

lovetribe
lovetribe

simply i don't like this.

fayez188
fayez188

عطر كلاسيكي يعني ريحته مشهروة وغير جديدة لكن العطر ممتاز
وفيه عطور مقلده عليه يعني ريحته مش خاصه راح تلقى عطور تشبه بشكل كبير لان
تركيبته معروفه
بس العطر ناعم و يهدي المشاعر

Really don't like this at all....I'd like to offer more constructive criticism but I can't. I don't know why but I just don't like any Chanel fragrances (with the exception of the Allure's) and I don't Agree with comparisons with Mont Blanc Legend/A&F Fierce either.

Update: Well if someone ever had to eat their own hat and words and a whole shop full of humble pies then completely revise their position in a totally giant U turn of epic proportions... it's me in this instance.
Firstly, I totally get the A&F Fierce and the Mont Blanc Legend thing now this is absolutely similar to both my disclaimer is possibly that I tried the original egoiste maybe or my nose was totally fried that day...I dunno??
All I know is this fragrance is awesome and so much more refined than either its compared to(and I love fierce) it's less aggressive and has more of a kind of bubble bath vibe about it.
It's amazing...sorry Chanel.

jacobbonilla
jacobbonilla

No freakin way this smells like 212!! 212 is way less sophisticated and more fun. Where as platinum is sophisticated and more mature. And again that's because they smell nothing alike.

Mighty Joe Young
Mighty Joe Young

I was introduced to Chanel PE in 1997 after the renowned poet Christopher Wallace made a reference to it in "Nasty Boy". Wallace suggests that this fragrance be used for "dating" purposes and he is spot on as PE tends to garner compliments. In my experience PE does well for any occasion where a well dressed individual wants to make a clean and classy impression, such as at school or while at work.

While the PE formulation currently available at local retailers is a diminished scent from the one we enjoyed in the 90's, I recommend trying it. PE is still a high quality and versatile fragrance. It can be worn by any age group as it is both classic and modern with good longevity (8-10 hours) and projection on my skin.

Overall 8.5/10

debshankar
debshankar

I don't have the money to buy this..I can only appreciate those who wear this..One day, I will surely get a bottle for me..Till then, let me abuse the shop keeper, who made me smell this beauty.. Can't forget the scent..

Dear God,

Please make my boss, review my salary..I promise, I will give your photo a visit evereday, wearing this..

Much love

nalknn
nalknn

Chanel Egoiste Platinum is a part of my life,a piece of my heart,maybe it was the best 10 years that I spent with him,thank you Chanel Egoiste!

chrisw
chrisw

Can't fault this one.
This is such a winner in all areas.
The perfect all rounder, clean, classy and vibrant.

DaZeD
DaZeD

Similar bottle, similar name, you'd think this is a flanker of the original, makes sense, but the scent is a totally different animal.

The only thing it does have in common is the exquisite quality of Egoiste.

It starts out rather boring, but be patient, the dry down is amazing, soft, kinda fresh, warm, mature, gentle, soothing, elegant, masculine, but again with a feminine touch to it.

Totally different than Egoiste, i don't know why they tried to give the impression it has anything to do with Egoiste, it hasn't.

Good sillage, good longevity, delicate but surely noticeable.Unique (i think) and safe, which is a rare combo.

I feel nothing but pure unconditional love for this gentle giant.

anna.dkr5

@pipernigrum: try Badedas Blue Energy body wash. It has a very similar vibe!

pipernigrum
pipernigrum

If would exist green nivea cream, so it would smell like Platinum Egoiste...:-) I Love it so much!!!

BlueMoon
BlueMoon

TYPICALLY REASONABLE

I'm strolling up Columbus avenue past a typical but nice doorman building, and a taxi pulls over and out steps a reasonably attractive 48 year old businessman in a typical but nice off-the-rack suit carrying a typical but nice coach briefcase. Nothing stands out as unique, or interesting, or daring. But certainly pleasant enough.

bachatu
bachatu

This was my favorite fragrance when I was a teenager next to Eternity. Why? It reminded me of a more expensive Eternity. Bright green, clean, but with a somewhat metallic note or platinum note if you will. A sort of garnish note of money. Unfortunately, the newer formulation does NOT give me the same magical vibe it used to, just as with the newer formulations of Eternity.

Smyle12
Smyle12

I really enjoy this scent and find it bright, friendly, distinguished, masculine, earthy, mature, refined, and refreshing. The vetiver is quite string and, to me, reminiscent of Tom Ford's "Grey Vetiver". PE smells like spring in a bottle (think Mugler cologne, only much, much, higher quality, more natural, floral, and with a fantastic vetiver vibe). It's clean, yet smells of freshly tilled earth. The problem that I have with this fragrance is it has terrible longevity. This seems to be a problem with other Chanel's too. I love and want this one, but due to it's longevity, I don't think I'll ever purchase it myself.

gd15329
gd15329

Not a bad fragrance [my wife didn't like it! at all!] but I can not see the "No 1" in it. Nowhere. I have a theory that says "We Europeans have completely different frag. taste and perspective from Americans".

For me it was an ok (good but OK) and not a "wow oh my God" (like Dior) fragrance...

I will buy it some day for "collection purposes" but, it's not my top priority

Cardenal Mendoza
Cardenal Mendoza

I wore Platinum Egoiste as a signature in the nineties, it was a thrilling scent to wear with a smart business suit, really invigorating, fresh, masculine and empowering. Longevity and sillage were strong, compliments from men and women were all over the place, extending to taxi drivers, restaurant staff, strangers on the train, a BA air stewardess, women on the street would stop and ask "can I please ask what scent you are wearing?" and offcourse I had a few more "explicit" compliments shall we say, that I cannot mention here. So it had a huge compliment factor. Sometimes it was a bit embarrassing dare I say... It wasn't such a common fragrance in those days and it just blew people away. I recently re-purchased Platinum for nostalgic reasons, it is amazing how a fragrance can put you so vividly back to a different place and time! And such a positive time it was, it is a breath of fresh air to take a whiff of the cap when passing through the bathroom. I am planning to put it back in my summer rotation, as it still has a very modern / yet classic edge to it and I still find it to be high-class, sophisticated and a refreshing pleasure to wear. Best worn on a bright spring afternoon, wearing a tailored blue suit with a white shirt and silk tie, outdoors business lunch, perhaps enjoying a Sauvignon Blanc... Powerful, striking, floral, green, and as sharp as steel, it will cut through the crisp air like a switchblade. It is a scent I hold in great nostalgia... An extremely classy summer scent (all season actually), and personally I rarely come across other gents wearing it these days.

laantjebanaantje
laantjebanaantje

Today I sprayed this on a card and I almost wanted to eat the paper. Not that Platinum Egoïste smells anything close to gourmand or even slightly edible but still, it smells good enough to eat.
Somehow I imagine myself with my nose pressed to the clean cotton shirt of my loving man when I smell this. It is soooo sexy in the warmest, kindest way possible. Platinum Egoïste evokes such loving emotions, it is almost impossible for me to review it properly, as you may notice. I can not detect seperate notes, maybe juniper berry and clary sage. It's fresh and clean but so warm and human I just want to laugh and cry at the same time, I'm going crazy over this fragrance. I've never ever had this before.
Thank you monsieur Polge for creating this masterpiece.

anna.dkr5

Just thought I would add that the shower gel 'Badedas Blue Energy' smells very similar to this fragrance. Thought it might be useful to those who like layering.

Robert G. Rodríguez
Robert G. Rodríguez

It´s just beautiful, Chanel Egoïste Platinum express more than a classic fragance, It is alluring and so complete for any good lover male's smelling..great deal for that special ocassion formal or casual works well!

jovejove
jovejove

I love this fragrance and I know many people do, but one of my friends commented that something smelled like rotting oranges...so I rarely wear it since then. Can't wear it without that thought in the back of my head. Love it though!

Jose Marcos

They are not similar, but they share a metalic note, that's all. I don't know why people do that, look at the notes. And we know that the pyramid sometimes doesn't mean much than a certain explaination about the scent. One has to try for himself.

anna.dkr5

@Peake: do you think they've reduced the amount of oak moss, or something? I own this fragrance (reformulation) and love it.

peake1
peake1

To those of you who have written reviews based on the modern formulation of Platinum Egoiste. If you ever have the opportunity please sample the original Egoiste Platinum you will be glad you did. Although I greatly enjoy both, the original (like many others) is much smoother and natural. All the way from the floral top notes down to the sandalwood. It's a shame what IFRA regulations have done to our modern designer fragrance classics from what they were once intended. Find it wear it and relive Mr. Polge's original creation!
Kind Regards,
CPE ~ 10/10 as always!

Molko
Molko

It's quite good fragrance, but I think the original is far better and more special juice then this. Platinum is too common and similar like the other man perfumes, anyway good to wear in hot weather for real men

dmirror
dmirror

This one kind of smells a little funny to me I can smell the sage in it that's what I don't like about it it sometimes makes me think of a meat smell or food seasoning it's not a bad fragrance just a little too spicy this fragrance I would definitely say is for older guys that wears suits its not a casual scent it's for 35+ year old guys once again its not a bad scent it's just a mature scent it's not for young guys like me that wears jeans, t's & polos most of the time

Mark Antony
Mark Antony

In my opinion if legend is great frag this one is masterpiece. Lavender, geranium and rosemary gives a equally sexy result with the pineapple and red apple. But the fruits make legend too synthetic and as a result a bad choice for the office or for older people.Platinum don't have this problem. It is sophisticate attractive and not overpowering. So I think that is a great choice for every age and every occasion. On my skin lasts about 12 hours{5 sprays)and the sillage is excellent. I really didn't expect that those notes can give this great smell. Chanel will never stop to impress me.

sapientia
sapientia

My husband smells so hot with this perfume that I SIMPLY CAN'T RESIST....

jaxxsun
jaxxsun

Oh, I loved this juice. But unfortunately for me it did not work well on my skin. I had two girlfriends in a row say nothing of this coglone when I wore it. I thought that it smelled pretty good. I would recommend this one

ClassyOlfactionRT
ClassyOlfactionRT

This is a sharp masculine timeless scent that gives you an invigorating clean smell. It gets sweeter in the dry down. It is sophisticated, exudes confidence, and attracts attention. It has a very natural and high quality smell, which sets it apart from similar colognes. Reminds me of spring and fall but can be worn year round.

Winter Breeze
Winter Breeze

Platinum Egoiste is a beautiful mature woody aromatic it's sophisticated & classy. I don't think this could offend anyone, A truly classy high quality fragrance by Chanel.

amer1212
amer1212

Egoiste Platium

first time i smell it before years ago and the smell is in my mind I love it from the first smell !!! the scent its

fresh...elegant..light...high quality...strong.. charismatic...sexy...its herbal woody musky.. classy & modern in the same time.

The scent is active men weapon to Attract the ladies !!!

for me its prince of chanel house.

˝ Egoiste Platinum˝

9/10.

Thraxes
Thraxes

What can I say? Im not a frag expert but I'll try to review it as I smell it.

It starts off very fresh and strong, fills up almost the whole house. It dries down to something woody and sweet. I will say that the projection is not the heavy kind, but a Moderate++. Had my father smell this one and he says it does not suit a teenage boy, but what the heck. Im 20.

Got a few compliments on this one actually and they liked it. This is a very safe buy in my opinion, but always try on your skin first.

I'll give this one 8/10

I have a question.

Don't you all think it was reformulated(maybe even more than once)? I heard the old version of this fragrance(up to 2009 or so) was a REAL POWERHOUSE frag... This sticks to the skin quite fast, at least on my skin. And both longevity and sillage are not that good as they're supposed to be...

denncita
denncita

This smells like what a mature and very masculine man would wear during spring or summer. It smells clean, fresh almost soapy but so sexy.

Drake.Shannon
Drake.Shannon

My boyfriend wore this when we first met, I distinctly remember the feeling it invoked in me; it struck me as unfamiliar, exciting, unsettling, very sexy and a little dangerous. Almost like I was on a first date with Patrick Bateman, fortunately for him I appreciate a good business card with raised lettering. Lucky for me he turned out not to have Patrick's more undesirable traits :) Being a woman who is up for a challenge this cologne was perfect for our particular first date. I imagine it offended many a fragile lady before me.

I was quite surprised I had such a reaction to a CHANNEL cologne!! Talk about main stream! I did not expect this sophisticated dangerous smell to come from a big brand.

I still love this on him, it still makes me oh so pleasantly uncomfortable. Its a great buy for the price

Ariesboy
Ariesboy

I can appreciate it on others, but not on my skin.

It becomes far too linear and transparent on me.
However I know someone who loves wearing it and it has great longevity on him.

Idrians
Idrians

Only tested once in my skin so this more a prereview, not really deep or trusted, but was so beautiful on a summer afternoon.
Everytime I entered a new area I felt it.
When I sit down in a pub with a girl, when arrived home, when I entered my room... those 3 seconds after sitting down and feeling it were an invigorating sensation that I don't usually get, magic.

I will test more, but for me is one of the perfumes I wish to buy in a near future... in my next 5 for sure.
The negative issue is the price, so expensive like all Channel's or Diors... they are so difficult to get a good deal. I mean, for the price of 1 I almost can get 2 regular designers or 3 amazing deals.

kaysee

I like it a lot, but not compatible with my skin..

ION

-In addition to my first review-
Platinum Egoiste is very much based in Drakkar, Cool Water and a number other perfumes of that type for once you have the basic formula it is only an alternation here and there to come up with this one. Partly, this is the reason I don't like it.
Personally, I can make it in 10' in my lab and sometimes I do so before going out or the night before.
That "dihydromyrcenol" (synthetic lavender), "ally amyl glucolate" (green harsh but works lovely in "Gloria Vanderbilt" to balance the sweetness) and "ambroxan" (synthetic ambergris) accord, has given so many popular perfumes in the fougere category. Platinum, is just that with some woods and of course musks even if it's not mentioned in the press release.

stevenpaolitto
stevenpaolitto

Smells more like Cool Water than Fierce. It's sharp, flowery, and lasts ok. Nothing unique tbh...

adi1
adi1

Amazing, you cannot go wrong with it. That metallic note that everyone is talking about - yes it is there but it does not spoil the overall fragrance. Classic, love it!

anna.dkr5

@Morpheus - I know, right? This fragrance is truly something else! :)

M0RPHEUS
M0RPHEUS

GooD Grief...there's a "dislike" button ???!

Goodness Gracious...Platinum Égoïste deserves a Laurel Wreath.

In the words of Johnny Drama: V i C T O R Y !!!

T i M E L E S S
C L A S S i C !!!

Longevity: 9
Projection: 9
Scent: 10 (Sui Generis)
Season: ALL YEAR ROUND...(signature ✓ APPROVED !!!)

Overall: A+

ThisCharmingMan
ThisCharmingMan

One word - Power.
This is for the executive that wants a cologne to air confidence when you walk into the office or business meeting. Pleasing to the nose, with a moderate to heavy sillage that radiates class and style to anyone within a few feet of you. Has strength too, just need two sprays in the morning and it will still be with you when your sipping on a scotch after work or wining and dining with colleages.
A must have for the man that wants a fragrance that personifies confidence.

vitilsky
vitilsky

This is a classic. I mean, you surely cannot go wrong with this one. You need to try it though, I cannot assure you'll like it, and also it seems to be quite popular, but aside from that, safe one.

edit: I'm gonna risk it and say, it smells great on paper, but after testing on my skin I can definitely assure you that this just smells like soapy flowers on me, and for me. But what I cannot deny, is that women love it. I, unfortunately, don't.

$tefanOud
$tefanOud

i had this one, i think its a great scent but the original is better. In this juice there is somthing i can not stand, my skin gets all red when i spray it in my neck and then it s on fire.butt great smell. good longtivity and geat sillage.

KateMkay
KateMkay

I don't smell any metalic note.
The fresh sharp note to me is herbal with jasmin and some sort of fresh spice. Top notes are very fresh and very masculine.
After the hour or two, for me it smells like being in the middle of eastern european field after the rain or my granny's garden because of rosemary and lavander.
This is not even unisex, but I don't care. I started to use this perfume when I was 15.
This suits men very well, has great sillage I stil can't believe this is only EDT. Very alluring.
Absolutely in love with the Original and Platinum Egoist, they are very different though, I would suggest Platinum for spring and summer and the original for fall and winter.
I have to say, that is is absolutely masculine type scent, I don't want to confuse anyone. But I just don't care about sex tag.

crunkabortion
crunkabortion

Hogan00 you are not alone, I get spicy heat out the wazoo from this one, it's a big reason why I love it as much as I do. Spice five!

hogan00
hogan00

One of my favorites. smells very spicy and hot to me. the opening smells quite rich warm, and then you get this spicy hot air smell. it's weird to describe a fragrance as hot, but thats what i get. not too many people wear this one, so give it a try if you wannna stand out. last a long time too.

juiced
juiced

Many great inventions are based off of somebody else's profoundness, and Chanel's Platinum Egoiste is no exception. The basis of this frag is a continuum of Carlos Benaim's (The nose behind CK's Eternity [1989]). What we have here is the most elegant fougere/fern, cologne that has ever graced mankind. For those who are newer to the frag world, a fougere /fern, is typically a fragrance based off of lavender as the top note with a woody and or mossy finish/bottom note.
Before I get to the frag, please allow me to give you an example of one person refining another's idea. Olinto De Pretto is a name that you've probably never heard of. However, amongst physicists, Mr. De Pretto forged and consolidated the idea that energy and mass are one in the same. Signore De Pretto formulated the equation in 1903...(MV2), two years before Einstein's (E=MC2)(the research portion is up to you). Because of Mr. Eisnstien's accepetance of and adherence to De Pretto's observation's, modern science was born. Jacques Polge is to fragrance what Einstein is to modern day physics.
Without the introduction of CK's "Eternity", could Platinum Egoiste ever have existed? That's up to you to decide. There is no fragrance that I know of (with the exception of "Eternity") that is anywhere near the sphere of what is "Platinum Egoiste". It is a fougere in it's own right and honestly, this one single fragrance answers to nobody other than it's creators.
Chanel's "Platinum Egoiste", could best be described as a spring time scent that is bound by no other standard, much in the same way that Einstein's "Theory of General Relativity" is bound by no other laws( sans quantum physics). All springtime fougere's should be based off of "Chanel's Platinum Egoiste"much in the same way that all modern day physicists rely on Einstein's theory of "General Relativity".
Platinum Egoiste is a fresh and raw scent. Unlike modern day spring and summer scents( that are based on lemon, orange, mandarin etc), it is based off of a more earthy plant like smell rather than a citrusy fruit smell. One cannot deny that there is a very potent "lime" scent in it's opener, but it is the splendidly balanced floral top notes that separate this one from the pack. What separated "Eternity" from "Platinum Egoiste", is that Eternity is very linear, whereas "Platinum Egoiste" takes on many different shapes throughout its deliverance.
There is nothing that I can say about "Platinum Egoiste" that is new, other than the fact that it borrowed it's personality from "Eternity", much in the same way that Einstein borrowed from his immediate predecessor "De Pretto".
Chanel's Platinum Egoiste" is perhaps the most sophisticated adn refined srpring time scent that you will ever experience. Buyer be warned that there is an extremely strong "amber" cooldown which is much more pronounced than you're usual fougere, spring time fragrance. In closing, "Platinum Egoiste" required "Eternity's" existance to exist....however, it surpassed it in amny more subtle and sophisticated ways. If your a fan of "Eternity", try "Platinum Egoiste" when you turn 30.......

anna.dkr5

I'm very torn about this one. It's not a forgettable scent, at least not to my nose. I've sprayed it on paper, and I loved it at first. About 15 minutes later, it turns into something musty... I think: "No way!". 30 minutes later, I pull the tester strip out again, and the must is still there; however... there is something alluring about this scent. The metallic note is sharp, which I love. There's also an citrus note in it. An hour later the must and metal are still there, but a sweetness starts to mingle with the other notes. Hmmm... Can't quite put my finger on it, which is why I'm fascinated by it. I think I could pull it off just fine, though!

Two hours later: less metal, more geranium. Sweetish, sour, cold, very classy... The metallic notes add an aura of mystery, and I see I'm not the only one to detect a 'blood accord' in this.

I believe anyone over 18 could pull this off.
I also get the "dollar bill" vibe some reviewers have mentioned.

Love it or hate it, I find it hard to believe this would leave anyone indifferent. But that's just me. And I LOVE this fragrance!

Edit: I've bought it today, and it works perfectly on my skin. :)
Sillage is heavy during the first hour/hour and a half after application, but then it becomes a much softer scent.
Longevity is monstruous: 24+ hours.

kazewayz
kazewayz

Bahhhhhhh, not sure with this one. Although it has great longevity, it doesn't convince me. There is this similariy to Drakkar and I don't want to smell too citrusy and fresh. It was too much for me. Smells old school (which is not a bad thing.) Wasn't really impressed. Try it.

SimplyOliver
SimplyOliver

Smells hot !

The opening is harsh and herbal, the flowers give a fresh, almost metallic touch to the scent. The drydown is a bit calmer, as flowery and herbal notes mix with woods and amber.
Agree with some reviewers saying that it kind of smells like a dollar bill. Personally I love that smell !

A young, fresh and uplifting scent. Would suit all seasons btw, so it might be a good signature fragrance for those who are still searching.

Longevity and sillage are quite good on my skin that usually doesn't hold fragrances very well (at least 6 hours with pretty decent projection).

I get no similarities with the original Egoiste.
I agree that today, Egoiste Platinum doesn't smell perticularly original, fresh scents having flooded the market, it got copied many times, but retains its uniqueness.

That said, the bottle's build quality is terrible... Looks tacky for the price paid. Especially the cap, made out of super cheap plastic.

Overall a superb fragrance !

danielresendem
danielresendem

It's the scent most compliment for all time !! ( Best fragrance for nights summers and special ocasions for day)

Ddhuney
Ddhuney

This is fresh, cool, young, suitable for any moment of they day, classy, clean, and everything good you wanna say about it, but it is highly irritating synthetic. It is like many other fresh fragrances but with a lot of testosterone. It gives a headache. GIT is the better boy in this league. By the way, I' am not sure if the notes in the pyramid are really there. I really miss the breakdown of the notes.

munnalay
munnalay

I was buying Dior Homme Cologne 2013 and tested this just after I bought. I ask the cute sale lady and she was so in love with this. Indeed really nice scent and can wear whole year round. The dry down remind me of Mont Blanc legend but this one last longer on me.

vonMises
vonMises

This is a divisive fragrance, though not so much so as Kouros. There seems to be some antagonism to this because it is too popular. Well, it might be popular, but in this case it is also genuinely good.

The notes of this one are piercing in their formulation, and it seems some people don't know what they are smelling with it: it is geranium, in a seemingly pure form, that is together clean, woody, and piercing. Perhaps this is the inspiration for the name Platinum.

The neroli and rosemary are also very present from time to time during the development.

This is a very good fragrance. Very high quality.

dancinleroy
dancinleroy

This is a bright, fresh, soapy/spicy fragrance. It has a barber shop feel to it, which I love. I have been looking for a signature scent and I may have just found it in Egoiste Platinum. It's a bit on the expensive end, but surprisingly enough, I found it to be cheaper to buy at Macy's ($80 for a 3.3 oz.) than online. The projection and longevity are average to slightly above average for a scent of this type ( I apply 6-7 sprays and I'm right where I need to be). I see that alot of people relate this to A&F fierce and Mont Blanc Legend. I think, although it has similarities to both, it is lacking the fruity factor that those others present. Fierce and Legend smell just alike to me though and are dominant in pineapple. I guess you might say that this is the grown up version of Fierce. I think that EP is more like Burberry for men than anything. I would classify this fragrance under a woody cypher as well. Very masculine and modern smelling fragrance that will please anyone.

Longevity - 8
Sillage/projection - 7.5
overall scent - 8.5

I will add this... as far as longevity goes, it does alright on the skin but not great for me. On the clothes, it's a different story. I put this on a wife beater under a dress shirt a week ago. I decided to wear the same beater (nasty I know, but it was clean) and could smell the EP lingering. Not only that, but it outlasted and overpowered the fragrance I put on THAT DAY. Put a spray or two on your shirt and if it doesn't last on your skin, it will on your clothes. Plus it's a rather linear fragrance, so you aren't missing out on a magical evolution if sprayed on clothes.

damfino
damfino

found this fragrance while searching for a perfume for my boyfriend and fell in love since then. bought pour monsieur for bf and reserved this beauty for myself.
crisp and sharp, with clean notes of lavender and rosemary. incredible longevity and intimate sillage.
ep was my signatue fragrance for more than 2 years, i wore it day and night, summer and winter. After finishing 3rd bottle i decided that's enough, at last i can allow my bf to wear it.
if i had a chance to owe a bottle of ep again, i would use it, it's simply too addictive.

vonzigdarke
vonzigdarke

"Are you wearing Eternity for Men?" She asked?

"No." I scoffed. "This is Infinity for Warriors."

I found a slight hint of Eternity in PE, but could never mistake it though a few have. Platinum Egoiste is ageless-you will attract species of women you may have never experienced. I had compliments from women who might have never spoke to me otherwise, much less.. Don't tell the women what it is when asked; that alone is a great opener for conversation.
I get the above comparisons to Mont Blanc Legend and AE Fierce; again, it is there but not very obvious. I keep this and usually never leave without it.
Does wonders on a windy day-winter or summer.

"I knew when you walked in." She says, but not like you have bathed in it-it slightly lingers on everything you walk by or touch.

HINT: If you are in the Friend Zone, spray this on on your lady friend's seat belt and notice the forlorn conflicted expressions when she sees you next.

Buy this, roll it and approach the lady you always dreamed of-worked for me. She will even rub noses before kissing even if that is something neither of you were into. Cheers.

bhougland
bhougland

This fragrance seems to attract the ire of many in the fragrance community and it puzzles me as to why. It almost seems like they are blasting the idea of what this fragrance represents as opposed to the fragrance itself.

I will call this fragrance the "gifted one". It is the good looking kid in school that got all the girls, had a bunch of friends, was good in sports, and was one of the top in his class....oh, and by the way, at your ten year reunion you learn that he is making tons of money as a young executive and has a beautiful family. This fragrance is the smell of effortless success, but also a rising success.

For a fresh fragrance it is deep, projects like a monster, and last ages. Every time i wear it I smell a new facet. It never disappoints and gives the wearer the "i can take on the world feeling". It is almost perfect and in that sense some may call it boring. Some find the most beauty n the odd, outcast, and obscure.....if you are one of them then you can walk on by. If you just want a damn good signature scent that women love and make you feel great then look no further!

All hail the blessed one!

flkirkland
flkirkland

This is a decent clean scent. I agree with a couple of the below reviews - smells kind of like money (dollar bills), kinda soapy. One thing that keeps coming back to me is the thoughts of the beach when I was younger. It really smells a lot like sun-block on my skin. I keep remembering the way you smell after you've been on the beach all day, sitting in the sand, sea breeze hitting you, swimming in the ocean, and reapplying sunblock every few hours. And while I appreciate the nostalgia, it's not something I wanna smell like all day. To me - kind of boring and nothing special. Sorry.

jestech
jestech

I like it, but my wife LOVES IT. We did a test for fun with 25 of the top rated men's colognes from the "Most Complimented" thread on here, and this was her favorite by far.

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

I like this better than Egoiste, although I like Egoiste. There's a pungent woodiness to Egoiste which has been tuned to a sort of citric metallic sharpness in this flanker.

It's in the clean/fresh/citrus genre of scents that are overly popular in today's market (everyone makes a "blue" or "sport" variation - it's like the SUV of the fragrance world), but to me it smells of a greater quality than other such scents I've tried. Or perhaps I'm being misled by Chanel's reputation.

Speaking colorwise, if Chanel Antaeus (1981) is dark and deep, Egoiste Platinum is on the opposite end of the spectrum, bright and piercing. Pour Monsieur (1955) - the other Chanel I have grown to really like - is mellow, restrained, classic and perfectly modulated and fits nicely between the two. You wear that when something really important is taking place.

-----

I wrote the text above a couple of months ago. I sprayed some of this on my arm today and was very turned off by the basenotes, which I have smelled too many times before in other clean/fresh/sporty scents. I'm told this - the metallic sharpness I mentioned - is dihydromyrcenol. UGH. I take it back: Not only do I not like this better than Egoiste - I don't like it any more, period.

My taste has changed. What a difference a couple of months make!

zenmonkey
zenmonkey

Really good fresh scent, but I cannot say mind blowing. Good longevity and sillage,and will not offend anyone. Overall I like the scent, but I do not love it and therefore I do not have it in my collection. I never had anyone say anything bad about this smell, but I never had an serious compliments about either. I had more than one person say it smelled like a zesty soap. If you really like soapy colognes this might be up your alley.

b360
b360

my most favorite cologne.....such an awesome scent.....anytime anyday anywhere it holds appeal to ones sense of smell.....different aroma it possesses on different skin however clean fresh and masculine it maintains thruout......lasts long and stays pleasant.....just perfect in my book....10/10

Pelander
Pelander

Elegance in a bottle. Everyone around you will notice you and recognaize a lovely scent in the air. Sillage monster and it lasts forever. Suit perfect for special and formal occasions. That kind of scent that every man should have it in their collection beside his brother "Egoiste" which it's completely different but also great. Bravo Chanel for this 2 masterpieces, timeless both. 10/10

raw umber
raw umber

Egoiste Platinum smells like the Platonic form of "Brand New."A new pair of shoes, a new car, a new phone, boxer briefs, a yacht, it doesn't really matter what the thing is,(maybe not a new human... this smells nothing like a baby, thank God) but in a commercial sense, Egoiste Platinum is the ultimate essence of NEW.

This is not to say that it smells like something never invented before. I mean new in the sense of unused. It's more like what would happen if a master perfumer were given a description of a basic, modern, non-citrus, aromatic men's fragrance, and was then told to make that scent into a work of art.

Egoiste Platinum is an iconic rendition of itself. It is larger than life, and its composition fuses with the wearer's chemistry, instead of clashing, or sitting idly on top of it until it wears away. Sillage and longevity are both decent.

Egoiste Platinum is the perfect example of what my sister and I half-jokingly refer to as "Hot Guy Smell." There's a store that sells razors and massage chairs (I think?...never really looked around) at the shopping center at Columbus Circle in New York City. This store constantly pumps "hot guy smell" into the air, and whenever we pass it, we have to enter to take a couple deep breaths, before turning right around again and leaving without buying crap. I mean, who really cares!... Stepping in for a few whiffs of Hot Guy never hurt anyone.

Smells nothing like Fierce. -_______-

RemingtonSteele
RemingtonSteele

Very nice smelling frag from Chanel. I would say probably my fav. Chanel at this time. I don't think it smells much like mont blanc legend. I feel mont blanc legend smells like Curve....

RobbieX
RobbieX

This is No.1 on my wishlist. An absolute masterpiece and a classic! Fabulous floral, fresh scent that lasts for ages. It's expensive, though it's worth it. A very special fragrance!

djews
djews

Finished my bottle of allure sport which is my all time favourite and was going to buy another but I remembered about this one, I smelled it a few months ago. Ended up just buying this without trying again and boy am I impressed! For a long time I have considered chanel to be the benchmark and this is no exception! I do get how people are saying that It's mainstream smelling but that would have to be a smoker who's nose can't detect the extra quality I think because there is a couple of notes that smell familiar but overall it is definately unique. Clean, fresh, expensive, classy smell and this perfect woodiness that just makes it absolutely divine. Will buy another allure sport no doubt but only once I have settled down with this, both have a versatility that allows you to use them anywhere. It's not old smelling whatsoever, I don't see people's views in regards to that at all. I am 30 now but I would have worn it easily at 18. Perfect juice for any time of the year, can't speak highly enough.

SoapyScentGuy
SoapyScentGuy

This is a really nice and really clean scent. It does smell like Mont Blanc Legend (which I like a lot) but Platinum Egoiste uses better quality ingredients. The smell lasts long and stays close to the skin. It is a pleasant scent that doesn't scream for attention. My only regret is that I did not try it sooner.

aceinyerface
aceinyerface

It doesn't smell bad, it just smells too similar to Suave Body Wash to be of any use to me.

PeterWJ
PeterWJ

First of all THIS IS NOT A BOYS' FRAGRANCE... Naah, just kidding!!! On the other hand RAG1987, there are fragrances that are not for middle aged and older men (50+). Cool water might be one of them. And Aqua di Gio... definetely a young man's scent.
This one though is equally masculine at any age. Even for teenagers like myself when I grabbed my first bottle. And I could very well imagine a man in his 50'ies wearing this. Though the regular Egoiste would have him smell more sophisticated.

For myself, stuck in between young and old, I really love this one. Platinum adds to Egoiste a freshness that isn't based in the boring, blue ingredients of the 90'ies, but one that has it's own signature and integrity. My problem though, I've owned it twice, but had to throw it out every time. Reaction on my skin is terrible. It turns out a metallic, sour squikiness.
Love it to death though, and get to speak of it I think I'll get myself a sampler to sniff once in a while :)

RAG1987
RAG1987

It really really gets on my nerves when you see people writing in their reviews that it's a mans scent not a boys. Who are we to decide who wears what. If I wanted to wear an 80s powerhouse fragrance as a 25 year old in 2013 then I will, RANT OVER!! I have purchased this fragrance recently and I love it. I just wanted to try it as I have Herrera for men and I know there is some comparisons on various reviews on here and on basenotes. I like both but I wanted to get this as it is a Chanel and I wanted an amped up version of Herrera. This has the ooomph and it is nice. I know a lot of people say that this is a generic 1990s smell. That's as may be but wasn't this one of the first scents of this type in the 90s? Others have copied or created similar and to be quite honest not everyone is wearing this type of scent nowadays. Suits me as I am only 25 and I wanted to have a fragrance that is different and not generic in terms of fragrances from now. Have also read that people consider this to be dated! Well in my opinion it is not, it is fresh and crisp yet warm at the same time. Long lasting and great sillage. It doesn't smell of an overly sweet citrus like most summer fragrances do that people seem to be wearing.........

Ovrnightr
Ovrnightr

This is a beautiful fragrance, I am in love. I bought it "blind" because the saleswoman at Sephora insisted that I choose this over Dior Homme Sport. The words she used were "fabulous" and "wealthy" when she described it to me. I put my faith in her word and I chose this fragrance. My very very first impression was that it smelled like "Curve" for men, that godawful fragrance I wore when I was maybe 13 years old. However, after waiting a moment, and going back to smell my wrist, I cursed myself for ever drawing such an absurd comparison. This fragrance is warm, bold, smooth and rich. I'd wear this year-round here in Houston, Texas. I'm awful at describing describing the particular elements of a smell, but there is something incredibly complete about this fragrance and I'm happy to have gone with the saleswoman's suggestion. It smells fabulous and wealthy, no doubt.

9.5/10

RickS1169
RickS1169

I used to like this one. Now it's more of a meh. It gives off a formal feel to it. I wore it to work. Projection and longevity are average. Just got boring for me.

fuggerone
fuggerone

first line in my wardrobe, one of the best and great on sillage duration, surely in my top ten!

praizy
praizy

hmmm smell is not the best but smell vibe is different then others very sharp fresh spicy and warm.better then the new acqua de essanza. if essanza will little more heavy then it will smell like egoiste.
projection 9/10

worst price tag
many subsitute available

Giggity_Goo
Giggity_Goo

First bought this way back in 96 and have been doing so since. It is a staple in my collection and certainly a must have for my more formal occasions.

I'll be honest when I say I bought this initially while listening to lyrics by the late Notorious BIG who made reference to this cologne in his track Nasty: "platinum Chanel cologne and. I stay, dressed, to impress".

I was 16 in 1996... young, stupid and with disposable money. So please forgive me. I appreciate a creation and composition of scents now for what it is and not due to lyrics. :D

lateeeno
lateeeno

Expensive ! Yes , it is quite expensive for what it delivers . Some people might shoot me in the head for this ... , but I really didn't find it as special as the reviews told . My love doesn't like it on me , and I DO trust her taste in colognes . Anyway , if u are planning to buy it , make sure u test it beforehand .

EloquentOgre
EloquentOgre

It smells quite nice on paper. Fresh and clean, but not in a sterile way, really quite vibrant and beautiful. However, the second it touches my skin, it turns into a sour, acrid, antiseptic, hell, almost toxic smelling abomination.

I was always skeptical about the skin chemistry voodoo folks cited for varying experiences with scents, but this one really changed me into a believer. It's a pity, because on paper it really was quite enjoyable to my admittedly untrained nose.

limited Edition

Chanel Egoiste is a masterpiece of a fragrance..it has depth ,warmth and a sophisticated charm blended with elegance which no other male fragrance contains..Chanel have set the bench mark for perfume for decades and Egoiste is a true reflection of this high standard..

10/10..Perfection

Kaytorch
Kaytorch

I bought this perfum based on the reviews on fragrantica but not impressed because the quality of the perfum is not up to my expectations and its not long lasting and quite expensive. Each time i view the reviews here, i feel as if the one i bought is fake & this is the same place i bought Bleu the Chanel, which is so good. This is similar to CK Man but Man is project better.

Ratings:

Scent Quality: 7/10
Projection: 5/10

kambelzful
kambelzful

Definitely one of my signature scents. This scent is so versatile and can be worn in literally any occasion, as can most Chanel fragrances. This for sure ties with Allure Homme, for my favorite Chanel. It does remind me of A&F Fierce a little bit, and I love Fierce, but I like Platinum Egoiste better. It smells a lot more sophisticated and a little more sexy.

It opens with a sweet and sour citrus note, that is paired with heavy herbs and woods. The herbs I smell are a mixture of Geranium, Rosemary and Sage. It's hard to detect exactly what kind of wood I am smelling, but if I were to take a guess, I think it's cedarwood, not sandalwood like what is listed. It is actually pretty linear, the only difference in the dry down is some amber sweetens and smooths it out, taking away the sharpness from the opening. A great, masculine, sexy fragrance. Great release from Chanel.

kwiatek
kwiatek

Is this beeing reformulated ?

trickykid300

This is chanel so obviously its gonna get a lot of praise. It is good in the sillage and projection department but a lot of that comes form the galbanum which always gets mixed reviews. If it is too prominant than it will have a soapy, chemical kind of cleaner smell to it and personally i dont like that. You can buy a trio of samples off of ebay of allure, allure sport and egoiste. I find allure sport smells like vitamin c chewables and egoiste to be too strong and i get sick of it throughout the day. Allure pour homme is the one i keep coming back to because it changes so much over the day. It is a remarkable experience of contrasting flavours and is heavy enough to be warn in the winter. Egoist should NOT be your everyday cologne or you will be hated by all your co workes.

Allure pour homme is the winner of these three in my opinion. I recommend trying all 3 out for yourself to see what you think.

bp
bp

Work of alchemy.
The strength of freshness.
Simply eclectic.
Decidedly masculine.
Excellent.

SwagScent
SwagScent

This fragrance is my signature scent. This is a very masculine fragrance, yet clean and bright. This fragrance floats between being a boring fresh fragrance and a strong old man's fragrance. This is an acidic, vetiver based fragrance that's good for a man in his 20's. The funny thing is that it's not the best smelling fragrance as I have other fragrances that smell better, but it's an aphrodisiac.

rzetzm
rzetzm

This fragrance is somewhat of a conundrum. I wouldn't wear it every day but I must have it in my collection. This is a sophisticated scent, as said prior it is a man's scent, not a boy's. That said, a younger male adult 20+ could pull it off, dressed to a tee for that interview in a coat and tie. One or two spritzes only, please. Keep that shirt tucked in, hair nicely groomed, etc. When you want to smell as nice as you look, this is the formal cologne for you. Play dates and lunch outings need not apply. This is that meeting with the boss or that interview where you need to deliver. And then put the scent away until you have another time when you have to dress (and smell) to impress.

Classic men's Chanel.

cerversa
cerversa

It's a man's scent, not a boy's scent.

Archie404
Archie404

Sexy, Refined and . . .sexy. I am very sensitive to scents, so I was very relieved to find this incredible fragrance for my husband. It works from tux to jeans with ease. He has been wearing this for years! FRAGRANCE NOTES - Lavender, Rosemary, Petitgrain, Clary Sage, Bourbon Geranium, Cedar. - That lavendar-rosemary combo is so enticing. I agree ..."only women who buy this for their hubbies are the lucky ones. "

Don Juan Carlito
Don Juan Carlito

one of the best masculine scents I'ever tried..its really to strong masculine scent and a little fresh smell..I think you can wear it all occasions..especially it smells great in summer nights :) I would recommend and I would buy this product again and again..

Longevity: around 8-12 hours
Projection: 5 stars
Versatility: 4 stars
Overal smell : ♥♥♥♥♥♥

Note:I think its the best chanel male perfume.

Unfinished
Unfinished

I absolutely love this fragrance. I think it is best suitable for a well-groomed man who has distinctive personality. PE has a metallic characteristic, which is unusual in a good way. Warning: can be cloying if heavy on the sprayer.

napilopez
napilopez

I'm still new to this fragrance thing, having only "seriously" started in the past year, but having tested many fragrances in this period, I can tell this will be one of my all time favorites. To keep the review short, the smell starts off very sharp, but not in a bad way. It's energizing and very fresh, almost electric, and unmistakably masculine. It softens and darkens as it dries down, but retains the bulk of its character pretty much throughout its entire run. There's really not anything I've smelled quite like it.

Sharp, confident, luxurious. Masculine, but not in the musky overbearing way. Rather, with a strong, silent-type demeanor. To sum it up, it's probably the classiest cologne I've yet to smell; I could see James Bond wearing this.

I disagree with the comments saying it's a mature scent. I think a 17+ year old can pull it off; it just depends on his character and the occasion. Like any other cologne, really. Use it for going out, special occasions, and/or when you need to wear a black suit or tux.

Huge compliment-getter too, from people 18+. The scent trail is unmistakable. Longevity is all day on my skin.

One note: This perfume is getting harder to get affordably, so be careful where you buy it from. After my initial sample vial from Sephora began to run out, I bought a small sprayer off of a small but seemingly reputable website. It smelled old... almost urine-like. I compared it side by side with the Sephora vial, and the smells were somewhat similar, yet night-and-day different. The perfume itself also seemed to have yellowed compared to the one in-store. I later checked the serial number online, and it seemed to be over 5 years old. It clearly didn't age well.

Migalex
Migalex

I find this type of scent so characterless. I cannot distinguish most of the notes listed above, even though I am very familiar with the scent of many of them. It they are real, it seems that they have been mingled up in a monolythic scent which, to me, might frankly be composed by not more than two or three molecules. It smells to me like a grey patch, from which all colour vitality has been removed. That is an achievement.

burgundyaltima

Compliments on top of compliments...this never fails me in that department.. I was told "You smell OMG so good" and got a text the next day saying "You smelled amazinggg!" ..lol haha all smiles this way

Ultra.Black7

برای استفاده روزانه به نظرم زود خسته کننده میشه
واسه تیپ رسمی مخصوصا تو تابستون گزینه مناسبیه
با روحیاتم جوره و پسندیدمش

trickykid300

I got mine today and I like it. It's masculine and flowery at the same time. However it has a bit of a soapy smell to it. It is minimal and it serves to give a clean feeling in a dingy city scape. It is strong, to wear it to work or on a daily basis is probably a bad idea. It's meant for special occasions. It is not an everyday fragrance.

limited Edition

This is a staple fragrance of mine , I really enjoy wearing this out on a balmy evening on vacation in some exotic location..made the mistake of recommending it to a collegue who now wears it at work..am on the hunt for my new balmy weather vacation alxir..

senilis
senilis

I've been wanting to catch a waft of this scent, but I've been told by a specialist that it's a more mature fragrance. Finally got to catch a smell yesterday. I have to say, the specialist was right. The instant the top spicy notes hit me, I was almost repelled by it, but as it dried down the smell grew more pleasent. Though the scent is nice, i don't see myself wearing this. Might have to give it a bit of time first.

Swahili

الثبات 8/10
الفوحان 7/10

jacob.kizirian
jacob.kizirian

PE Is Really a masterpiece its Modern and Masculine you can wear it in all year round and its amazing i wore it today all the people who smelled it loved it first of all its really a very good Woody Floral Fragrance it gives you a vibe that no other fragrance gives anyway lets get to the rating

Projection 9/10 (Projects 5 hours with a little scent cloud you will get noticed for sure )

Longevity 9/10 ( 6-8 hours )

Scent 10 /10

Overall Rating 10 /10

mersilover84
mersilover84

Nothing really ground breaking here. But compared to Lacoste essential this stuff rocks. Just smells very nice and clean. It's good all year round but during the summer I might only rock it at night.

JJ12345
JJ12345

Go for Prada Amber Pour Homme if you wanted to smell like this (clean shave, barber soap sent)

moftahyounis
moftahyounis

I don't know but for me is not as other describe
It is not bad and I prefer alot of Chanel over this
It could be the weather in Canada , I get no complements even when asking

nassim_91
nassim_91

very sexy andddddd very classy scent..suit and tie i love you Egoïste Platinum

vmann393
vmann393

Really nice elegant it's truly on of a kind this is underrated by some the name speaks for itself "platinum egoiste"

liorman
liorman

I bought Egoiste Platinum a week ago.Very masculine and sexy fragrance.I get a lot of compliments from women.No doubt it's a luxury scent.Lavender ,geranium and rosemary along with sandalwood,cedar and vetiver picked up in a perfect match. Hints of oakmoss and amber complete the picture. You can't compare this one to other fragrances ,just like actually the whole line of Chanel fragrances wich is very unique,and not just by the notes of one or the other scent but by the way they get things done in Chanel.You are paying for uncompromising quality of the product.Egoiste Platinum is very versatile fragrance and also pretty expensive one.Part of my wardrobe.

rafa3lo
rafa3lo

I bought this perfume two moths ago from mall and all i can say this stuff does not last.I believe it has been reformulated..I mean i have seen on youtube the reviews about it and everybody said you apply 2-3 sprays and you are set to go...i am dissapointed really.For a moderate projection i must apply at least 10 sprays...has anybody this problem? or it s just me and my skin?

not insolence
not insolence

Сериозен,строг,студен.На първо пръскане-острие от лед!После отстъпва,но малко и става лавандулово-кедров,загатнато сладък.Мисля,че на рус,светъл мъж,би стоял стерилно-като айсберг,който се търкаля из нива от ветивер.По-добре е да се носи на мургава кожа-тя да го затопля или пък-той да я охлажда...Не мисля,че този аромат,е избиран от властни и безскрупулни мъже(макар усещането за него е такова).Мисля,че е избиран от чувствителни мъже,които пазят това си качество за точния човек в живота си.
Но най-добре е,когато срещнат тази,която ги кара да се чувстват МЪЖЕ,защото те самите я карат да се чувства ЖЕНА,да я обичат и да отидат и просто да я прегърнат.
Или не само?..

Kharnak
Kharnak

Another Classic "Manly brew", for me at least. Another that i'd like a full bottle of. This does have a mature vibe to it. Not what i'd call college clubbing material, but more like "silver fox". I'd love to have this just for lounging at home, romantic wear. Blends SO well with my own skin.

Not very original?

Most of the other perfumes this is compared to are copies of this

Castor
Castor

Not very orginal, there are zillions of scents like this one. However, Egöiste Platinum is very complex compared to these, specially when it comes to the woody accords. It is a very well blended scent, longevity and sillage are remarkable.

Do take note that it does not have anything to do with the original Egöiste. They share nothing more than the name.

To Aegis: Yes, it might be the first one of its kind, but the fact is it is not difficult at all finding others smell-alike. The point being, it does beat others in terms of complexity and longevity. Thus, of the zillions of fragarances in that fashion, this is quite unique for the above mentioned reasons.

burgundyaltima

the best of the best..very sexy..elegant..if you don't have this in your collection ..you don't have a collection.. don't let that harsh opening fool you..once it settles i can smell the lavender in it..kind of soapy a little..very classy scent..suit and tie OR a signature scent if you want

charlie816
charlie816

The best men fragrance! It smells so sharp and so clean. Always get compliments when I wear this. It turns heads.

stromboli77
stromboli77

WOW!! I can see where the love comes from for this masterpiece. One of the most "elegantly clean" smells I've ever come across. Starts off very cooling and greenly fresh with a slight touch of minty spice in there. Dries down to a warmer woody metallic smell with a touch of floral sweetness that is absolutely beautiful. I think the whole thing is blended together to perfection! Comes across as being cooling and warm at the same time. Could be used all year round but with fall just around the corner I think this one is gonna be used quite often!! A classic!!

kevdg18
kevdg18

This fragrance is a classic. The dry down is amazingly warm and elegant. It projects and lasts very well. However, I will not purchase this one. The fragrance is a bit outdated. It is classic, but not timeless.

andy

its a very appealing semi oriental fresh musky type of scent and the way it smells on skin is way better than on paper

its drydown has a very oriental floral feel to it and its one of the scents women absolutely love

probably one of coco chanels best scents allong with blue and allure

scenturian

Saying that it smells like AF Fierce is utterly ridicilous, maybe AF Fierce smells like Chanel EP which I have never tried. Chanel EP was launched many years b4 AF Fierce.

j-shades
j-shades

This does not at all in any way smell like mont blanc or ab fierce.. this is more of a light fresh soap scent.. it smells really good but again it does not smell like ab fierce or mont blanc

steve.brule
steve.brule

Take an unfiltered cigarette, a glass mug, 1/4 cup lemon juice, and a little bit of lavender.
Put the lavender in the mug pour the lemon juice over the lavender.
Light up the cigarette and blow 3 drags into the mug.
Quickly cover the mug and do not let any smoke escape.
Keep your hand over the mug for about 2-3 mins.
Remove your hand and smell Chanel Egoiste Platinum.

baldheadjim
baldheadjim

Platinum Egoiste is exceptionally long lasting and has great projection. The blend of floral top notes in the opening is magnificent. It has a sharp clean scent. As the top wears down another group of florals begins to emerge that I cannot quite discern the notes.The middle notes are long lasting and stay on my skin for 3+ hours. The base continues well after that point giving at least total wear time of 8+ hours. My female coworkers adore the scent. Be warned that you should go easy on the trigger with this monster :-)

tomerits
tomerits

one of my favorites ever and one of the best fragrence ever made,will always be in my Wardrobe,my spring/summer signature scent.totally love it.
my rank 5/5.

SkullPutraLand
SkullPutraLand

wth , this lasted 24hrs + even after washing my hands with soap many times ! but really it is not my cup of tea

gzalvares
gzalvares

This is more floral Animale !! Coincidentally, both were released in 1993.

Lost Argonaut
Lost Argonaut

I have sampled Egoiste P. few times, and it reminded me of Exceptional Men, very streamlined and fresh. The projection and the longevity are outstanding, I could still smell it well into the late morning.

However, EP is very one directional, given its long life and strong radiance, it can get uninteresting pretty soon. I understand its minimal and formal vibe and the popularity among business people, but I guess I personally would wear something little untamed, complex and dynamic, with some character. Chanel is said to have introduced the Platinum after the "market failure" of Egoiste, that probably would suit my taste and expectation from the house.

Aegis

My review will compare Platinum Egoiste, with some of other fragrances people have assosiated with it.

Platinum Egoiste and Abercrombie Fierce.

On top notes:
The Chanel opens green and stays green with a prominent herbaceus tone, very mossy on my skin. Fierce opens citrusy and much more sweet, as it is aimed to a younger market.

Heart, Platinum stays herbaceus, a bit cold and very minimalistic, similar to Terre d´Hermes, made with top notch quality components; while fierce stays sweet and mossy in a more simple way without evolving too much, components quality are average.

On longevity:Platinum changes a bit and lasts about 10-12 hours on my skin, much like fierce does. both are very long lasting.

Projection is good on both, i would say almost on par, but Egoiste has an overall much better quality ingredients, however if you dont like the coldness of egoiste, go to Fierce, specially if you are not from USA

Platinum Egoiste and Mont Blanc Legend.

Mont blanc Legend is another fruity mossy blend much similar to those two above, overall scent is very good, its ingredients are almost as good as the ones from Egoiste, and better quality than Fierce.

In my first time i used it, i said " Much better than fierce and not cold as egoiste" so it should have made it perfect right?

Well, the scent is very good, but lacks longevity and projection, Projects well on my skin only on the fitst hour and a half then turns to an skin scent for 4 more hours.

I really dislike non projection perfumes, but if you can live an average longevity (4 hours) and poor to moderate sillage this could be the obvious choice, as the scent itself is very well blended.

Egoiste on Playboy New york.

Well, this is a waste of time, ingredient quality gap is almost infinite, and playboy is more similar to Fierce because they both share the Fruitiness but not so much in the herbaceus mossines.

Playboy New york Longevity and projection are low, 1-3 total hours, like 1 hour of good but not great sillage.

If you have no money to spend, buy Curve (yellow) it is more long lasting, projects better and costs almost the same for a bit better smell than New York.

I like how Platinum Egoiste is more like a young Terre d´ Hermes, in the fine construction and ingredient quality ( i would say Hermes ingredients smell more natural to me, altough the difference is very slight.)You can feel these mossy minimalistic fragrances are very alike in their feel but totally different in their components. I recommend Platinum for 20+ years and Terre for 30+

Both are Masterpieces.

Legend is a so so well blended imitation.

Fierce is good for the younger crowd, but too sinthetic for my liking and for the pricetag i would go Clairborne Sport which is suprisingly similar also.

Mizz-Coco
Mizz-Coco

I just can't leave my husband alone when he has this on, it's just THAT good. IMO, it's the epitome of sexiness with class and who can make a fragrance that represents this better than Chanel? I hope they don't decide to reformulate it because it's been in the market for a good while now.

Ganz77
Ganz77

Ex girlfriend bought me this. It was masculine enough but like many have said. It has this sharp metal aspect to it. Reminds me of steel. I really can't describe even to myself how a cologne can smell of metal but this did. Definately better if your wearing a steely grey suit than a pair of shorts this one.

kagisho
kagisho

it reminds me of some cheap juice I used to use in my high school years, forgot which. this has a touch of expensive feel in it, I would wear this for ladies or young boys to admire me, lol. not bad, but its not near to being best. will buy it for the coming spring (south africa)....

Emmanouil
Emmanouil

Indeed a great perfume, I had this perfume in 1995, at that time was great,lasting for hours in my skin.Even if I had a shower still continious smelling. Today,I was trying again some samples before going to buy a bottle but as I can see doesn't stay on my skin for so long as used to. I do not know...maybe chanel change some ingredients from the beginning perfume or maybe my skin changed....It would be great to have your comments!!

jpinson
jpinson

This fragrance is amazing in it's ability to fit any situation. It is as at home in a business meeting as it is when having drinks with friends. I have yet to find a place a time or a reason where PE does not fit perfectly. Many fragrances fit a niche very well, few fit every niche.

It succeeds in doing what many other fragrances try and fail to do. It finds the almost impossible balance of being interesting without being too in your face. It manages to stand up for itself without standing on anyones toes.

My 'go to' fragrance when I'm not sure what the day will bring or where I will end up. The ultimate expression of cleanliness and confidence.

CLASSIC !!! TIMELESS !!!

CLASSIC !!! TIMELESS !!!

Amarilis60
Amarilis60

One of the master pieces of our time! One of the sexiest !! Homme fatale perfume!

tania.sedik

This frangrance drives me absolutely nuts!!!

tania.sedik

I would probably fall in love with any decent looking guy that wore this. Amazing strength, cleaness, and personality to this. If I smelled a guy on the tube or the street wearing this i would be like omg. Reminds me of the guy in the ad so good looking!

Just woke up...

I just took a nap and I had worn Egoiste Platinum a few hours ago. I could litterally smell the fragrance in my dream! The projection is a monster, the longevity is omnipresent, like a devil haunting you (or an angel guiding you)wherever you go.

If you like the scent, that's a good thing. If you don't, it will haunt you for 24 hours. LOL.

Egoiste, egoiste, egoiste! I love the TV ad though :)

-Mr. Almond-

almondbreakfast

chanel egoiste platinum is for a clean personality, sharp, takes a shower daily, sleek. i like my fragrance to be a little bit dirty, so it doesn't fit for my personality.

if you don't brush your teeth every morning and floss, don't take a shower every morning, don't use this.

if you like watching cartoon, this is completely harmful to you! do not touch this.

it is EGOISTE, wrapped in platinum, remember.

-Mr. Almond-

HelenFlowerz
HelenFlowerz

My favorite men's fragrance. When I sniff it, I look like a cat sniffing valerian:D

yella_light
yella_light

Nicely done woody/floral fragrance from the house of Chanel.
The opening was quite strong, and I was ready to walk away from it (wash it off quickly). However, I decided to keep it on to see how it would drydown. I'm glad that I kept it on, because it started to smell better. This really sticks to your skin.
I wouldn't recommend this for the summer. Better for the Spring and Fall, maybe the cool Summer days/nights and winter time.
A great fragrance to wear for a night out, dinner parties, banquets, or special occasions.
I usually don't like Chanel fragrances, but this is the best from that house.
I wouldn't pay full retail, because it's quite expensive.
(2-3 sprays max)

Age group: 21+
Projection: 5 stars
Longevity: 5 stars
Smell: 4 stars
Versatility: 4.5 stars
Overall: 4.5 stars

scratchnsniff
scratchnsniff

This was bought for my husband, who could care less about fragrance HO HUM. I've started to wear it as an antidote to the sickly sweet perfumes for women. Love the lavender on the dry down

manofscents
manofscents

if creeds himalaya had a little brother this would be it. smells good

meshary007
meshary007

Chanel Egoïste Platinum ... Wake Up

sharp strong natural fighter MAN .

Yes it tells all that in the first sniff.

makes you feel strong fresh everytime you spray it
opens sharp green strong Geranium & Lavender
dry down about the same the smell just fade away and you get a hint of wood .

Any fan of Green Irish Tweed will love Egoïste Platinum , just like any boxer will lovebody building.

scent 10/10

Egoïste Platinum ... Live Like A Fighter

review of darrshan

great frag, very fresh and settles very nicely, a must buy for those who love sophasticated scents.

an.jorePipip
an.jorePipip

It takes a while for me to appreciate this fragrance. This is very relaxing and nice scent, I got many compliments when wearing this :)

Jellynifer
Jellynifer

My favorite scent for a man!

My signature, pure love.
separates men from boys

haasemanzi
haasemanzi

The best of Chanel!!!

GMK

Very generic ,ordinary and reminiscent of many, like Cool Water , Eternity, GIT, etc... and they put the name of prestigious name of EGOISTE with it, how unfair this is. go for it if u like synthetic, metallic and headache inducing stuff..

Acqua Di Gio 333
Acqua Di Gio 333

Great fresh scent. Very flowery and seems to project well. I also have the hair and body wash and it amazed how strong and pungent smell it has. Try Platinum Egoiste and you won't regret :)

plastik
plastik

I blind bought this and just sprayed it for the first time, and the opening definitely reminds me of Calvin Klein Eternity, which I got rid of, because I thought it smelled dated.

ChristianSetian13

In last December my cousin got me Azzaro Duo as a gift,i didn't like it so i looked for something else to trade with,i decided to buy the Platinum Egoiste because it is from the Chanel house,but i wasn't convinced of it,i like it but it was like a barber shop scent to me,anyways it paid the difference and got the PE,now i adore this scent i'm very happy that i got this :)

fqjcior
fqjcior

It used to be a great frag. One of the best from Chanel. Now it is NOT. Why? Because Mr Polge decided to disfigure his beautiful baby. Lana Lool is absolutely right. It's been reformulated and it is a shame. Reformulation made it smell cheaper, more synthetic, shallower and with less projection. In the new version (my new bottle production date is 2011) I cannot smell the beautiful lavender in the heart which I smell in the older one. And that is not the only difference. I feel really disappointed. Why to change such a great and timeless fragrance?

niuchpol
niuchpol

This is very masculine scent.. funny, fits very well on my skin as well.
Genuine, original...gives me impressions of strenght, decisivness,stability, but also warmness and tenderness...very honest,straight,personal and intimate sexual invitation, with foreplay as long as it takes.

btw: for me Bleu de Chanel it's a younger, teenage brother of PE

sameh
sameh

It's simply a nice EDT 4 the summer , nothing unique about it even the bottle design is not so & so !

Lana Lool

It is quite possible that after almost 20 years, some of the notes have dimmed in the vintage bottles, particularly the neroli, and changes the way it evolves on skin. The top in what I smell in the stores sure smells different from the top in what I get from an old bottle, and though I suspect some reformulation to "modernize" it, the vintage PE might smell the way it does from aging.

benjililin
benjililin

I'm liking the smokey vibe I'm getting from the mid-dry down

marioslg3

I'm using this for 10 years now and didnt notice any change.....and I notice in all others perfumes but if it is changed, the change is 95% toward the original.

Lana Lool

This has been reformulated since its first release. I really like the vintage release, as it is very aromatic and spicy right from the top, with that wonderful lavender, sage, and rosemary. The new release has some serious citrus in the top, and it takes more time for the spicy woodiness to come out and show itself. And when it does finally show itself, it is not as strong as the vintage version. For that reason, I am always on the hunt for vintage bottle of this. Right now, I have a 3.4 that is over 75% full, and should last me for quite a while, as I have many different frags in my rotation. I tend to use this in the spring on fairly regular basis, and it is definitely the kind of scent I am not shy about wearing. It smells good, and not because it is full of citrus and cardamom (like most new releases)...it smells nice and natural. This is getting a lot of time on my skin right now, and I have to say I am thoroughly enjoying it.

This is a solid "office fragrance" for the non-aficionado. I'd say it's more for late 20s through 40s, age-wise, if you are concerned about that. It may be too "old"/mature for the aquatic/fresh/sport crowd. The citrusy and floral/herbal qualities persist for a long time, but with little dynamism. It smells natural (though not what the young crowd perceives as fresh, apparently) and the linearity with good longevity probably impresses most people. One way to phrase things is that I would wear a fragrance like Homme de Gres while the non-aficionado might choose this one instead.

EnragedApollo
EnragedApollo

Hott sexx in a bottle. Enough said. You won't be impressed with the opening but wait till it dries down to the base notes, you will be mesmerized! The middle notes reminded me a bit of Bleu de Chanel but as it got down to the base notes, I was speechless...

happytime
happytime

This perfume is elite,marvelous aroma of florals and herbs,it is classy,bold,sexy,mature,fresh,versatile,unique,charming,alluring,inviting and also modern despite its launch in 1993
Its chanel.

vezooo
vezooo

i love it iam traying to chane it but i cant do this iam using it for 6 years its atractive and sexy and i never met agirl didnot love my perfume its warmihg girls belive me hahahahahahahahahaha

OZ
OZ

Must be my nose after testing so many fragrances, the opening to this fragrance is so similar to Ck be. It dies down eventually then turning into a floral scent with a hint of citrus. It is classy, complex and likeable. Not sure about the comments about this being a mature fragrance, I don't get that at all. Maybe because it was released so long ago people already smelled it before from someone else?

Haven't tested out for the silage and longevity but if it is good then this is a "buy" from me.

jrichart
jrichart

En una frase ''Versatilidad Elegante y Juvenil'' es lo que puede resumir a Platinum Egoiste. Pues Platinum Egoiste es pese a ser una fragancia versatil una fragancia que llama su atención y tiene su personalidad no como les sucede en ocasiones a otras fragancias versátiles que no tienen una personalidad definida y elegante porque lleva el sello Chanel y juvenil porque es un fouguere(helecho) pero acuático lo que da un aire juvenil o como mucho treintañero. Otra elegancia que Chanel nos ha brindado y espero que por muchos años siga siendo usado. Siendo objetivos y sinceros es cierto que Platinum Egoiste no esta a la altura de el trío clásico de grandes perfumes masculinos de Chanel que es Antaeus, Egoiste y Pour Monsieur en su versión original y concentré, pero tampoco es el declive que si que ha sufrido Chanel con los Allure, Bleue y demás genéricos que ha ido sacando. Platinum Egoiste, el rango de edad podría estar situado entre dieciseis y treinta años, dado a la versatilidad de Platinum Egoiste se puede llevar en todo tipo de situaciones.

tonni
tonni

Very fresh and crisp,all I get is metallic geranium.

Rolling777

i got the A.F. Fierce & just noticed it reminds some of Egoïste Platinum. i wont be able to confirm cause i failed to get chanel yet.. anyone else have both and agree its very similar?
thanks

TK421
TK421

Still haven't bought a proper bottle of Chanel *hides face in shame* but I have become more and more convinced that this will become my first bottle.

A classic MAN's fragrance and extremely versatile as I understand it. After this one I propably will start on the Allure line.

geezerbelle
geezerbelle

Amazing amazing perfume...it makes a woman go crazy. once i sniffed it on a someone, the scent surrounded me like a warm embrace and i started stalking him around in the mall like a giddy schoolgirl...it's that captivating. i even have a miniature of it...to keep sensual imagination alive among others;)

Rolling777

I plan on getting this Chanel next & soon, based on the comments of it here. Keep the comments coming, they do help/thanks

aristocrat
aristocrat

This to me is the ultimate "SUIT" fragrance! It's great for any formal occasion without being too overpowering. Subtlety charismatic I would say!

Just as the previous review states - this is truly the scent that sets the MEN aside from the BOYS.

This is the scent of SUCCESS. Mr. C.E.O. has entered the building!!!

I first discovered it after reading that it was Robbie Williams signature scent ....so out of curiousity I had a sniff and was hooked!!

I love the aura it creates around me. Love other people's ALWAYS positive reaction to it. Love it love it love it!!

ronnie1975

shout out loud CHANEL, MEN not boys! For me better than the allure line. underrated ! signature scent for years, recently discovered a new one

sweetsmellinged
sweetsmellinged

I dont' know how this sliped past me all these years,maybe because my sisters wear Chanel, Its' a MASTERPIECE ! silage, longevity, the whole accord nicely done.My sisters say ya it's CHANEL.

LANIER
LANIER

Being enveloped in a seductive and sophisticated fragrance and carried by that scent to another time, to another place, is a voluptuous and powerful feeling. Being a fan of at first Chanel Pour Homme, then Pour Monsieur and today Pour Monsieur Concentree one would think that I would have all of the men’s perfumes from 31 Rue Cambon. As it was, often I thought I should, but alas I never ventured beyond Monsieur because what is in that bottle is just that wonderful.

Last weekend on a sunny outing in San Francisco I ventured into my favorite fragrance shop just off of Union Square and sniffed about the glittering counters. Nothing seemed to catch my nose or eye. Just as I was about to leave a little bottle winked at me. “Try Me monsieur, you have always wanted to.” It seemed to say. So I thought, “Well why not.” It is Chanel after all….why put it off any longer?

So I bought it without even testing it. Oh I have tested it over the years of course but on paper…. Well, it was always on paper, and it was nice enough.

At home when it hit my skin I was enveloped in a seductive and sophisticated fragrance, which carried me to another time and another magical place. PARIS! I will leave it to the others here to talk of notes and dry downs and whatnot. As for me it was pure sensation and sensuality in this little bottle. Lighter than Pour Monsieur Concentree yet not lacking in a full ripe tone that speaks so eloquently of what Chanel stands for, elegance, style and wit.

Maybe in a month or two I will try another fragrance from Mademoiselle Chanel.

Love it.

Akhan
Akhan

i totally agree :-) the fragrance is a classic. It is fresh and sophisticated and youthful in my opinion :-) i am 37 and i wear it to uplift my mood and energy! it works well. contrary to the horrid cartier declaration i got yesterday evening. i don't know what made me do this (perhaps the knowledge that JCE is the creator...). It smeeled so good on paper and on my wrist for almost 30 minutes. This morning i was happy to be engulfed in a fresh citrussy cloud for a good half hour but then all hell broke loose! :-( thinking of going back during lunch to wash this off!

hellogoddag
hellogoddag

At first, I thought it was similar to Puma Jamaica.
Platinum is more natural, but not better. It has an after-tone of vegetables, celery and coconut. And I am not a fan of coconut in fragrance. But good overall scent.

may_perfumeaddicted
may_perfumeaddicted

The best male fragrance that there is in the whole world. Nothing else to say.

marioslg3

I dont know the reason but this fragrance, got me more compliments than all other 150 bottles I have together...including green irish tweed, la male, 1 million and many many others, niche or mainstream....the fact is that this perfume is something that I can wear everyday without being bored. Is, it was and it will be my signature scent. it is classy, clean, fresh, floral and spicy...this with GIT for me are the best perfumes ever for men....perfumes that can be worn every day. It is a fantastic job and I recommend to all others guys to use this perfume occasionally in order to prevent the discontinuation that Chanel maybe is thinking...maybe, i dont know but is already 20 years old and for me the best from Chanel ever!

Chanel Man
Chanel Man

Platinum is one of the best of Chanel. This is class and taste in a bottle.

Dominique69
Dominique69

my boyfriend had this cologne he loves it so much get it if your thinking about buying u wont regret !!

andy

i get some dry citrus and some woods in this upscale fragrance and a nice smell that is somewhat refined and formal

mst09
mst09

Fazla sentetik. Fierce bence daha iyi ama biraz pahalı.
Egoiste more synthetic. Fierce better but a bit expensive I think.

littebee
littebee

Wow, it's pure SEX in a bottle. I LOOOOVE it. It's not only an aphrodisiac, it's classy, rich smelling as well.

gustavorborba
gustavorborba

This fragrance has a lot of personality.

The longevity on my skin is outstanding and so far it's one of the best fragrances I've tried on.

It's currently my favorite fragrance as a matter of fact.

mynameischarlie
mynameischarlie

This is my favorite Chanel men's fragrance. It smells very classy and masculine. It smells like it would go well with a suit or dressy casual during the cooler months. It has a great projection, drydown and it lasts about 8-10 hrs on my skin.

I'd give this 9/10 overall.

Detroitcolognereview
Detroitcolognereview

On my way back from out of town and i sat next to Mary Kay rep who said i smelled good. I truly like this stuff. I think that the longevity could be little better but the musk in this is actually beautiful. Just enough. The floral balances it all out and still holds to that clean cut refinement i like from Chanel.

N_STITCHES
N_STITCHES

I love Platinum Egoiste on my husband in the spring and summer. It doesn't get cloying in the heat of summer. It's a very sexy scent. I wear Chanel Eau Premiere in the spring and summer and it compliments nicely with my scent.

darrshanjvoraa

this was a blind buy of mine b for 5 years and from the 1st spray i was hooked and still find it very fresh and sophisticated fragrance. it has good longevity and the after shave lotion of this is mind blowing and also the hair and body wash is out of this world ,a true master piece by chanel. will always be in my wardrobe.

harith
harith

finally I bought it !! its really very quiet but charming,clean.
Longevity is good (on my skin),whether there is a compliment or not its not so imp as long as Im happy with it.
classy and unique.
Rate:9/10

ScottyVizz

Stunning, classy, confident, powerful!
Platinum Egoiste is that sexy, tall, confident guy that is also cold and calculating. There is nothing 'warm' or 'friendly' aboiut Platinum Egoiste, but at the same time it is very alluring and impressionable. Well worth the price.

recklssabndon
recklssabndon

Okay, so I kind of jumped on board and bought this scent before really trying it. Read a ton of reviews, and thought it'd be my style. Here's the breakdown.

The scent is very powdery and old-lady-like at first. This fades after five minutes though, and I promise, it's not noticeable to anyone but you.

After the initial five minutes, this is a very constant, fresh, clean, and energetic smell. Very natural. It doesn't have much of an artificial feel to it at all, actually. I feel like this is a really good daytime scent, though, and it wouldn't go very well for night-life. It's not very spicy, but there are some fresh-spicy undertones if you're up close. Showed it to some of my friends, the girls liked it a lot the closer they got to my arm (where it was sprayed), but honestly the dudes seemed to like it more, which is kind of a weird reaction. haha... Overall, I wouldn't use this for romantic situations. Definitely a good one for work or for business meetings -- or really anything in the morning. It's a very professional, clean smell that isn't feminine at all. Granted it's not a super musky, or super spicy masculine smell either, but it's pleasant, obviously for men, and the smell lasts for hours without going stale or sour.

asmhfdbds
asmhfdbds

To be cooling without citruses is good sometimes and that what i get from PE.
Cooling because of the clear rosemary,soapy pattern from the geranium and other notes were hidden behind to my nose.
It's dry with no powder so with that i recommand it to spring and summer ,just if someone doesn't want something citrusy or aquatic,but dont get me wrong this is an all season fragrance and for any occasion,very good signature scent.
Quality present itself since the fragrance is from chanel.
Porshe design sport reminded me PE ,both have the rosemary cooling vibe.
Longevity 6+ hours with good projection.
Clean,cooling,long lasting and versatile in few words.

juan carlos.henriquez
juan carlos.henriquez

este es el olor de la limpiesa, limpiesa con clase, este podria ser perfectamente una calidad creed.

akis.mand
akis.mand

The best male fragrance ever...

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

A mature, classy scent which would perhaps suit the "silver fox" type man, though some may not like this "dirty water" smell..

I applied 6 heavy sprays

0-5 mins- A mature scent, ages 45-55, a scent which has been around for a while and perhaps its generation cannot let it go.

5 mins- 3 hours - A scent which I have split views on. On the hand this reminds me of dirty, muddy, wet football socks which I left in my old, dirty, worn out sports bag and forgot to wash during the week, so the following Saturday the smell of socks are now full of sweat, damp and being crushed. A stale, damp and slightly pungent smell, though this undeniabally masculine. This smells more like "dirty water" than fresh stepped out the shower.. However, it is distinctive and the optimistic half of me thinks this is a classy signature scent which suits the well educated, classy, sophisticated male who does not have to impress anyone. Many mature women may feel this is sexy and their man stands out from the younger generation and their own generation? Projection 2 foot around

3 hours - 5 hours - Intermittent projection approx 6 inches. The smell now becomes more spicy but still similar to above. This smells like deep heat cream or slightly medicinal

5 hours - 7 hours - Iron, acidic, sour. I recognise this like davidoff adventure, marc jacobs bang etc. Was Platinum the one that they copied? Not sure.. No projection

7 hours -12 hours - The best bit, lovely drydown, dirty water and sourness gone. Classy. No projection

An experience for sure and I can understand why so many think this is brilliant, though sorry not for me

jae
jae

Yes. I'm late to the party but fashionably late. Testing this sparked the notion that there is such a thing as "smelling like you want to smell good" and "smelling like you always smelled good". This has some of my favorite notes in it and they are blended to perfection. I can totally understand what the hype was (and should still be) about. This is fresh minus the "aqua". One of the aspects to this being such as success must be its versatility. This fragrance is appropriate for any occasion, making it a prime candidate for becoming a signature fragrance for many men. It simplifies things.

I know that people love to compare this to Egoiste and usually choose one over the other. Why? They are both perfectly-crafted, distinguishable icons. They don't smell alike in any way. But both have a place in any stylish/debonaire/fashionable man's wardrobe.

narigudo
narigudo

my goodness. i can't understand why some people insist on similarity between EP and ETCK. no. big no for this comparison. while egoiste platinum is so natural , with a unbelievable gentle projection (never bother the user and the other people),monster longevity, so sensual,rich,versatile, elegant and a high quality fragrance, eternity is very synthetic perfume , weak and boring. egoist platinum is a true masterpiece from chanel. my signature since 1995.

Rockdj
Rockdj

oh my goodness, i just tested this awesome cologne last week and i need to get a bottle for me! a clean-fresh refined fragrance, perfect for every time! it seems that is a girlcatcher cologne, they love this stuff, a true classic from Chanel!

crysna
crysna

this is how my MAN have to smell like! my brother love this one, is so fresh aromatic and masculine! every girl says to my brother "OMG u smell so good" hahaha so true, nice sillage and good longevity, so guys u wanna be a "true hot daddy" buy this awesome cologne ;)

bloomia
bloomia

so sexy. When I smell this, I close my eyes and imagine an adonis in an Armani suit.

cdaleb73110
cdaleb73110

My favorite of all time by far. Great for a night out on town or just a casual brunch. To this day I always get compliments. This cologne must mix with my chemistry just right and always demands attention.

This scent gives that sexy, feel-good, confident, uplifting, I can acheive anything kick.

It goes on sharp and crisp. Then dries down to this clean just AMAZING scent. My chemistry really brings out the amber and jasmine in which I absolutely love.

This fragrance also lasts on the skin and clothes for a very long time.

A MUST HAVE!!!

mccoy
mccoy

PLATINUM EGOISTE is my signature scent. i love this perfume on me. I hope they never discontinued this Heaven for Mature, not for young crown :)

greenhornet
greenhornet

In my opinion, Platinum E, smells somewhat similar to Curve, Pleasures, YSL L'Homme, and many more. Its very pleasant and alluring. It is a Spring or Summer scent which has moderate to high projection, and is non offensive to people sitting next to you on public transport or work. It smells "SEXY", is what one lady said to me, so that's a GOOD THING! but I avoid her like the plague now, hehe.

ION

While everything in "Egoiste Platinum" is inferior to the original "Egoiste" (even the TV ad was less gratifying to be honest) it does have a lovely name and if I am not mistaken, it has been considerably more successful as well.
It must have been the exaggerated presence of lavender (we all know that too many people love lavender, don't we?), the big name and the glossy packaging, because in reality this is a mediocre composition with something very predictable (after the initial surprise, that is) and boring.
I also get the feeling that not all people who wear it and swear they like it, speak the truth.

anton007
anton007

I absolutely love this scent! True sophistication in a bottle. It is my signature scent and will always be in my collection. I just purchased 2 more 3.4 bottles. This is some great juice indeed for the sophisticated handsome male.

10/10 Excellent!

A true signature scent!

mal23
mal23

Metallic green floral and fresh versatile scent.
Possible Signature Scent. Spring/Fall Scent. Good alternative to Aqua Di Gio. Strong scent. Great clubbing scent. GIT and Cool Water are better. Chanel sophistication. For 25 years and older. Mature scent. Wear during formal occasion (suit/tie).

Blessed
Blessed

one of the best rare men perfume AMAZING sharp fragrance
i consider it as a No.5 Chanel but for Men

8.5/10

tdwctdwc
tdwctdwc

Platinum Egoiste :

A toned sensual attractive man wakes up in the morning, does his morning workout, takes a shower, full of energy and freshness, goes and blend in with his lady friends, charming each and every one of their senses . At the end of the day, he goes back and sits in his rich garden of Geranium flowers, lavender, oakmoss trees and amber, thinking about how magical his day was, dreaming, setting goals, being the man he was meant to be.

A timeless magical scent that has instantly become one of my few signatures .

Heaven !

md2221219
md2221219

عطر فخم غني عن التعريف وأجمل ماصنعت دار شانيل من عطور الرجال ألى الآن يعزف سمفونيه منفرده..أغيوست والله زمان

sf2explus
sf2explus

have a shower and put this on honestly you will be carrying the shower with you where ever you go for the next 6-8 hours, thats how clean it smells. one of the best mens chanel.

JohnMc
JohnMc

Love the name and the flacon is attractive too. However, the scent is 'so=so' aquatic/citrus mix.

Just in case (apologies if you're already aware) this scent has no likeness to the original masterpiece that is 'Egoiste'.

keemoo
keemoo

I love it

My impression was that this was rather generic but that the ingredient quality was better than most of this type, kind of like a lot of Creed fragrances. Now if only we could find a company that would make a fragrance like Michael for Men by Kors, only with high quality ingredients, I would pay $70 or so for a bottle. With PE, I'm just not a big fan of this kind of fragrance. I'd rather wear something like Roadster or Green Jeans if I'm not wearing something as strong as Michael for Men (or one of the many "80s power fragrances" I own). However, if you want something "safe" and you value high quality ingredients, PE is one to consider (if the cost isn't a problem, obviously). It may be a bit "old" for some of the youngsters, but with PE, that's something that can vary, depending upon your character and the specific situations.

oxm
oxm

Platinum Egoiste by Chanel perfume is a very refined, I would see fit even to a wedding like Declaration.Egoiste Platinum, wins right from the start with its fresh and mellow notes and forward becomes stronger due to the flowers, and the bottom and gently woody delicate.This is a fragrance that has a learning curve very easy and takes us on this journey without stunning, but in ways leading us into a kind of secret garden where time has no age.
Back to the time when the colonies had their own male common matrix: establish itself in the years to the tune of consensus.
Immeasurable.

diorshowman
diorshowman

I dont get what the hype on this is. This smells cheap and is a "been there done that" type of frag. Yet because its CHANEL people praise it to the high heavens. If Platinum Egoiste was under ,say, Calvin Klein, it would be bashed for its unoriginality. People ssem to like it becuase its CHANEL so when they are asked "what are you wearing?' they can say "CHANEL". This is what i expect a high scholler or middle scholler to wearing. Other than that perhaps it suits anyone with overly large sunglasses with a size too small pink polo with a popped collar.

Longevity:B
Projection:B
Uniqueness:C
Versatility:B+
OVERALL: C

Douche Meter: 5/5*

*check out my profile to see what the douche meter is.

cedriceccentric
cedriceccentric

Starts a bit if a dated, 80's macho (think Drakkar Noir) metalic lavender topnote. On my skin I get some sort of woody smoky note which I can't identify out of the listed notes (maybe the sage and the cedar) . But overall the feeling is (very) rich, green and extremely powdery.

Platinium smells like money. It's Gordon Gekko from the movie Wall Street in a bottle. If Pour Monsieur says old money, Platinium screams nouveau riche. But I like it!

Roqfort
Roqfort

For me, this scent is rather "passe". It's getting old. I smell like a grandpa. It's too strong, too loud. I don't get it.

nem11
nem11

Chanel Platinum Egoiste – The most I love is the dry-down of this scent. It’s just uplifting, amazing, such a pleasure for the nose and it makes you feel confident somehow, makes you raise your head while walking on the streets, but not boastful at all. It’s kinda gives you an outranking feeling, not a royalty feeling like Creed’s MI, but a typical french quality outranking feeling. For my nose, it just makes me feel weak and so much pleasure during the dry-down. Amoung Allure Homme Sport, Bleu de Chanel and this one I like this the most for sure. I wouldn't really recommend this for teenagers or young guys (unless they look manly/macho at their age and/or wanna pick up older chicks) as in my case only women 20+ complimented this on me. For younger girls (17-) this might smell too mature/old on men.

Sacredsystem
Sacredsystem

A clean, crisp and invigorating fragrance that makes you feel exceptional. The most multi-faceted scent that will always find a home in any situation and season. Warm? yes! Spicy? yes! Woods? yes! Greens? yes! All season fragrance? yes! Signature scent worthy? yes! Timeless? you guessed it, YES!

*Sorry, posted same review earlier without signing in. I guess Platinum Egoiste transported me to fragrance heaven and my senses were overwhelmed.

seand7373
seand7373

I love this along with all men's chanel offerings. No it's not even close in smell to the original Egoiste which I also love, but that doesn't make this bad because Chanel gave them the same name. P.E is a hundred times more wearable on an everyday basis. Please stop comparing the two because we don't need another person telling us they smell nothing a like. No shit they don't, really ? This is a great summer time fragrance. Egoiste is for winter. People complain about sillage and longevity with platinum. If anyone is having longevity or sillage issues, wear this in humidity that will take care of that problem in a hurry. I have several colognes and this is by far my girlfriends favorite. For all of you that don't like this I'll let you know what I have to trade for yours.

Heverton
Heverton

Platinum Egoiste is the ultimate fragrance for social events. Gotta go to an interview and you really wanna wear a fragrance? (which I don't recommend)go for Platinum Egoiste! The safest yet classiest fragrance you can find.

This one starts out with a very natural aroma of wet grass mixed with some florals that trough time develops into a semi-sweet chord without forgetting the top notes.

Summarizing things: an excellent signature scent. Good for hanging out with a girl and also very good for formal events.

picasso_x
picasso_x

Elegance and sexy is Egoiste Platinum. This is the best one of man perfume. Fresh and clean fragrance very masculine. Quite longevity and good for all season. This is top ten of my favorite. Love it.

necromancer
necromancer

Platinum Egoiste is one of the best fragrances out there. If you want to smell like "clean", this is your perfume. The quality in Chanel's fragrances is superb and also has a good sillage and longevity too.

One of my signature fragrances. You can't go wrong wearing this.

uchihatsubasa
uchihatsubasa

I'm a lady, I use this and I get people walking up to me randomly telling me that I smell really good...don't wear this unless I need that extra boost in confidence. It does make me feel important and like I can really pull off anything with class. On top of that, it lasts really long and my dad keeps stealing it from me when he is off to a function.

nocebo
nocebo

@aquavelour, you totally got me with that fat guy story!

I have tried it for a few times now and I'm finally sure that this is gonna be my next signature. Can't say anything about it that hasn't been said yet. Very clean, good mix of spicy and floral, suitable for a large age range (early 20's to late 30's in my opinion).

Sillage and longevity are okay, not groundbreaking. Needs a few spritzes. But maybe that's just my skin which turned out to be terrible for any EDT's. :(

Also whoever compared it to Davidoff Cool Water made me laugh. Thanks, I like to laugh.

My score: 4.8/5

Would be more if it was stronger.

EDIT: Longevity turned out to be better than I remembered, hence I raised the score. Projection could still be a tad better.

aquavelour
aquavelour

My favorite ALL TIME men's fragrance. Smells great on any man, different but always fantastic. I have hugged a fat guy a little too long to smell this superb scent a little longer. It is a secret weapon of sorts IMO ;)

Tuvok

I personally totally adore this one. So clean and fresh in the beginning, like concentrated soap or a shampoo but sophisticated and very very spicy for some time. After 2-3 hours it settles down on my skin and i can feel some flowers but it still is sooo fresh. Like many said here before, I feel like a rich guy wearing Platinum Egoiste. It lasts 10h ,when there is 30 deegrees Celcius outside,on me but what is interesting one spritz i put on my hand lasted for 24h even after washing my hands several times! Amazing, you can see that's a quality product. I think that it is very versatile, everyone can wear it, a teenager and a senior. Some people say it smells like Puma Jamaica (sic!) maybe a little bit, but Jamaica lasts for 20 minutes, this one for 20 hours. I'm curious what people will say, cause I tested egoiste without meeting anyone new while sitting with a broken arm in my house, now there's a party tomorrow and Chanel Egoiste Platinum will be my invisible partner!

nprakashj
nprakashj

Stunning fragrance, goes well as a party wear !!

maztitox
maztitox

This Egoïste Platinum is eliminating all the perfumes I have ever bought ... Long lasting and suitable for my skin condition. Fragrance has never changed and always fresh. For me this is Chanel, this is perfection.

Note : (in my opinion) Chanels fragrances (based preferences) are made for mature, so I really understand if young people do not fit with them :)

Julio Azul
Julio Azul

Very fresh and rich.the base is more woody than musky but ibelieve that;s not bad.sillage is perfect and the longevity over 14 hours on my skin.

H2TOM

I wish people would write opinion here based on real test on themselves in clean environment using perfume sample.
When someone writes as own opinion that CPE is aquatic, I feel it might be tested at a perfumeshop on a paperstrip by mixed noise, which is slightly more than a rumor or saw someone who has wore it.
I know we have different noise, with different views, but we are here to share real experience, and curios to read real experience.

duskangel101
duskangel101

This is too sharp and offensive for my liking. My father has this perfume and whenever he uses it, he tends to apply too much and it would smell very bitter and sharp, not at all suitable for his loud, affable personality.

fanny
fanny

Perfect perfume, in the case of my husband.
I love it when he wears this. Subtle, sophisticated, very Noblesse Oblige.
I know it is his number one, if he would have to think about it. He doesn't think about perfume though, he's the lovely sloppy Cary Grant type (only much better lookin' ;)), I'm the one who's sorting it all out.
With pleasure, I might add.

Egoiste Platinum is an aromatic, almost acquatic, fougère. If you're not familiar with bigger and most influential releases in the same vein you could even find it pleasant, but if by any chance you already wore, owned or even smelled Cool Water you can only be disappointed. Sad!

ravjan
ravjan

Has it ever appeared to you that this juice resembles YSL Live Jazz?? The analogy hit me today as I wrist-tested EP. It might be a bit harsher than Live Jazz but at some point they do smell very similar to me.

H2TOM

For me this is the perfection.
Opening harsh, masculine flavour, and after a couple of minutes the scent is getting floral vibrant.
The vibe is continuously polishing and makes a clean elegant fragrance.
The base is mainly woody, but the floral pulse going back time to time.
I never thought that man can have such a floral theme classy fragrance.
I enjoy every aspect of its change.
Pros and cons:
+Floral, not typical citrus beginning, although contains Neroli and Petit grain.
+Fresh, there is no vanilla cloud
+Discreet and classy
+Its personal, but with this scent I feel firs time that fragrance inspires me.
+/-Longevity: 80-90 % of the scent disappears after 8 hours, on clothes remains more. This could be more, but for me it is not disturbing if the scent vanishes on the end of the day. (Some people says its after drydown period like a gillette scent.)
Advisable for men over 30+, looking for fresh sophisticated, woody-floral, all year scent.

grgfourtinas
grgfourtinas

Platinum is Quality/Sofistication in a bottle. This is a fresh masculine floral frag. When wearing this you will feel confident , like a million bucks! REALLY
Prefect for summer, just be carefull with the trigger.
The mature/classy/down to earth girls will like this one!

Projection: moderate
Longevity: 7-10 hours
smell: floral/sofisticated
ocation: casual/formal
season:summer

jtappenden
jtappenden

You just have to love this amazing fragrance.Very uplifting in every aspect.Very subtle & nuanced,but magical in its effect.

DC-8
DC-8

Sounds like a junior cousin to CK Eternity, in a much better way! :-) Entirely, one attractive artwork with a very clean scent reminding snow white clean pressed sheets.

There are some certain similarities to Eternity: while CKE is sweeter and more intense, CPE is fresh and sour in a very divine way, not intense nor offensive at all, in the top phase. While CKE keeps the aromatic aspects up to chemical, CPE does sound more woody and natural in a very organic way.

Middle notes appear green while the freshness is still considerably present and it makes a wonderful smell out of it. Yet the fresh citric tone is smoothly and uniquely vibrant all the way and that's the miracle of Mr. Jaque Polge here, like he did in Allure Edition Blanche, also.

In the heat, the smell does work much better than chill time. Yet good for all year round, but highly recommended for summer and specially spring time.

Longevity is wonderfully great. With just a few whiffs, you would feel its presence for several hours. This cologne is among one of the wonderful ones in the longevity aspects. Chanel is Chanel!

Jack of a trade... Could be worn in any occasion, although it's more suitable for everyday, office and so.

I wonder why the flacon design is like Egoiste, since it has no affiliation with it, in no way! :-) Platinum name and the chrome flacon cap does describe its sharpness, but never meaning it's senseless and cruel like steel!

Despite of its fresh platform, still ladies would fall in love with it as well as a sensual stuff!

Overall score: 9.5 of 10

P.S. If you are interested in Eternity from CK and/or Allure Edition Blanche from Chanel, try this product. I think you're gonna love it too. Recommended for white suite sets.

twlahue
twlahue

smells like A&F fierce, but it is different enough that my wife really like fierce more. no doubt this lasts longer than fierce, and is stronger on my skin, but out of the two, i have to go with the one my wife likes better...

Cylob
Cylob

I'm in HEAVEN! What a gorgeous smell. And it keeps getting better and better during the drydown. Moss, woods and vertiver, yumyum!

Chanel: I love you once more! :)

Vadim4721
Vadim4721

Ooh la la! A masterpiece! This cologne is one of my absolute favorites...It gives out a vibe of masculinity and luxury...once again it has a very European drive...It makes you feel like a million bucks...spray and watch people around you melt in ecstacy:)

tuky
tuky

Timeless clasic, sweet but masculine with a touch of feminity..
I find some notes from Kenzo.
It's OK, but not for me right now. again..Classic

Karhu
Karhu

And yet another expensive Chanel added to my "wish list." I just tried this on yesterday for the first time and found myself reaching a new level of understanding for the hardcore fragrance addicts here.

This is the first scent I have ever tried that I like not just because "it smells good" (not that there's anything wrong with that!), but more the way it makes me feel. This a fragrance that literally put a smile on my face. It is fresh, clean, masculine, sophisticated and highly refined without being pretentious. As one reviewer put it below: not flashy labels, just high quality. For me it conveyed a sense of relaxed luxuriousness - no, I don't really know what that means either, but those are the words that come to mind.

I wouldn't personally call this a cold fragrance, but it is definitely not spicy or sweet. Suited for nearly occasion, though it does project like there is no tomorrow, so go easy on the trigger for office use!

asianmetalhead
asianmetalhead

I really like this cologne I wouldn't say it's unique but it lasts all day, it projects nicely, and it's not going to be overpowering ever. It's fresh and clean and the highlight of this product i'd say is that u can wear it any season night and day any occasion and it would be appropriate, i can't think of a more versatile cologne.

Alan Felipe
Alan Felipe

No doubt, my favorite frag.

sophisticated and clean, can be used in every occasion, it´s expansive, but it worth every penny, thank you Jacques Polge.

Arthur Maia
Arthur Maia

One of the best fragrances ever!

RIVI1969
RIVI1969

A classic, masculine scent which sets a precedent of good taste and sophistication. It is indeed metallic, sharp, yet comforting on a cold day like today. Compare this with CK Eternity is like comparing a Timex with a Breguet. Sorry to say that but they are not in the same league. Chanel Egoiste Platinum is no doubt one of the masterpieces of Jacques Polge, that I hope will always remain in production. A scent worth every cent. Highly recommended!

JustinV
JustinV

On my skin:

Top: I get sour citrus, I get pepper...practically the top is so confusing, that I do not know what they put in it. But generally it smells like a blend of grass, lemon, and pinches of pepper. 1-2 hours mark.

Middle: AH! This is where it gets interesting. Now its like a grassy scent, soaked with lemon, with pinches of woods, spices and muted mint (yup! there is on me XD). This is where it projects on me. 4-5 hours mark.

Base: Practically the same with the middle, only it projects less, and afterward it sticks close to your skin. 1-2 hours.

Whoa! When I first test it on my skin, seriously I could not take the scent. It smells dated, smells really, really terrible to me. I was about to wash it off.

But then I patiently wait. See if there is any magic, or miracle that this might change. YES! My patience paid off! It pops out like a classy masculine scent!

Seriously, it reminds me of those magic shows we watch. Like, imagine a magic card trick, which people will go 'oh dear, its that common card trick'. And then suddenly, those cards become frogs via slight of hand.

This is what this fragrance reminds me off.

To me, its a DAMN good smell. It's so masculine, that girls dig on this. But they find it rather to 'mature' on me.

But will I wear it? Not now for sure. I think I have to be 30 plus to pull of with this since that comment of 'to mature' on me. Kind of agree with them.

Business, professional scent. Seriously, that 'mature' spice, that funny harsh middle note that projects on me, kind of reminds me of my boss (the guy boss, the 40 year old guy).

My warning to all purchasers:

Sample it first. I repeat. Sample it first. This review of mine is base on my skin and my liking.

This is Mr. Versatile. All day, all night, all weather. Be easy on the trigger for hot weather.

My rating (base on 5 stars)

Scent: 4 (This is what 80's men should smell like, but now this is what a businessmen should smell like, hahahaha!).

Sillage: 5 (Monster on my skin during the middle notes).

Time length: 4 (8-9 hours, great projection for the first 5 hours).

Occasion: 4 (all day, but not for jogging or clubbing, super classy for clubbing).

Overall base on mathematics: 4.25/5

My greatest blind buy. But I gave it to my dad because I think my dad smells good on this. And yes he did =)

Brettyboy
Brettyboy

I have been collecting fragrance for many years but for some reason this had always slipped under my radar. Shame, because when i did try it i fell in love. It's development is what, to my mind, a masculine should be and what the majority of modern releases are missing.
I find the longevity incredible and enjoy it most when it has been on my skin for about five hours. It is also refreshing not to have a woody/amber dry down in a male fragrance.
I do get a slight blood/metallic vibe to the fragrance similar to when you get blood in your mouth but this is quite addictive rather than off-putting.

franceg
franceg

I love this frangance, is a kind of misture of magnetism and elegance. I love floral notes and vetiver also y long durability in my sking.

k273
k273

Got this from my sister-in-law. Thanks, sis!

First, my general overview about this fragrance:
It is a clean, actually very safe, perfume. Women who want to buy a man a perfume but doesn't know which to pick and give can go with this one.

It speaks fresh confidence. Although I would agree that this is the perfume to go with a crisp suit, I think younger men beginning to work can also wear it. Just not for school students.

It is also rather expensive.

Now, my personal appreciation:
While it says Egoiste, Platinum isn't that unique. Many perfumes I had/tried have (though not too similar) this kind of scent. Yes, CK Eternity is one of them, and there was also Maurer & Writz Tabac, to name a few. So you won't stand out as in 'I'm one of a kind' or 'I'm the show-stealer', but rather 'confident & successful' thing. And also: while probably you'll find some similar (and cheaper) perfumes with Egoiste Platinum, the Platinum is more sophisticated/complex than them, as is true with other perfumes from Chanel brand.

As I said, this is a safe, nice perfume. It's not punchy (e.g. as with JPG Le Male or Escada Magnetism) at all and it sticks (too) close to the skin (at least my skin). I could do 8 sprays but it's still ok. In fact, I have to apply it a little more than my usual dosages of perfume because after several minutes I barely smell anything with this perfume except if I bury my nose to my arm, heh. And also: I am not an scholar in perfumery, but from what experience I have, this fragrance doesn't change much from the second you apply it until its basenote, compared to every other perfumes I have/had (say, Allure & Allure for men by the same brand, and don't stay as long either). So if you find yourself actually like it, you will have a steady good time with it. Don't have to worry any change in its character or attitude.

Lastly:
I don't smoke, but yes, this perfume blends very nicely with the fume of cigarettes.

Men, and women around me likes it.

It will be, or already is, a classic.

italian_drummer
italian_drummer

I like it very much. Something similar to Abercrombie & Fitch's Fierce, but more sophisticated.
For me Platinum Egoiste opens like a citrus-floral fragrance and becomes more woodsy during drydown, a very nice smell. But in other hand it doesn't last too long as I expected for a Chanel, around 4 or 5 hours.
Update: on my clothes, Platinum Egoiste lasted for more than one week. Maybe it doesn't last more on my skin due to skin chemistry.
My final score: 9.0/10

vin570

I think it's so disappointing... Smells a little cheap and common in the beginning, because of strong lavander. Gets better in the base, more woodsy and sophisticated, though I don't think sophistication isn't its strong point.

ROUSAK
ROUSAK

Although in my opinion it is just a nice clean and safe fragrance it seems that the opinion of women is diffrent on this one ( they love it ) i get a lot of compliments when i wear this one specially women.
Men if you dont find something special in this one do not worry ( just wear it and women will find you special ) Magic...

rockindave
rockindave

This one’s classy, stylish and sophisticated, I always get compliments when I wear this...

I think this is suited to men of all ages, although it goes better with a well-cut suit and crisply ironed shirt rather than jeans and t-shirt (that’s what “Blue Jeans” is for, right?). Not cheap (around $150 for 100ml here in Australia) but definitely worth every cent. Silage is amazing, which is what I expect given that longevity is usually the difference between cheap and expensive fragrances, expect this to last 10 + hours, generate compliments and turn heads!

Helsinki
Helsinki

"Named like a credit card for tightfisted sugar daddies", begins Luca Turin's Egoïste Platinum review. I, of course, couldn't help but try whether those words match my opinion.

Top: Strong citrus with a hint of leather or even tobacco.

Heart: Citrus, cedar, lavender, a tiny bit of vetiver. (Time on skin: 1 hour.)

Ahh, this was NOT the tightfisted sugar daddy I had scheduled an appointment with. Egoïste Platinum is quite tame, and it stays close to the skin. A shy egoist?

But as many fragranticans have pointed out: The nose, Jacques Polge, has succeeded creating a qualified impression of metal, of platinum. This is Chanel, after all.

Tomorrow I'll have a meeting with mr. Egoiste.

Egoiste Platinum is one of those fragrances where you have to wait it out in order to understand its brilliance and appeal.

When I first sprayed it, I thought it was yet another sharp citrusy scent combined with lavender, but the more it developed the more amazing it became. I'm almost to the point where I would call this fragrance a major turn-on.

It's refreshing, a little spicy, slightly dry, clean and edgy. It's everything I enjoy in a masculine Summer scent, however due to this fragrance being so versatile, I'd say wear it all year round.

In the heart, I find this fragrance quite zesty, almost like a rich, pulpy orange with a sexy and heady geranium note. This fragrance is actually quite distinctive and unique despite it being so popular.

Egoiste Platinum reeks confidence, charm and comfort. I like the way guest_pippi put it, I too could 'eat a man' wearing this. The drydown is a spectacular blend of woods and aromatic herbs.

The longevity and sillage are equally fabulous, everything that I'd expect from Chanel. It was a pity that the store in which I tested this fragrance didn't have the original Egoiste too, which I've been longing to try since discovering Egoiste Platinum.

Dark Curls
Dark Curls

a special person who was in my life for 6 years wore this..i must buy this for my boyfriend asap. This is one of the sexiest cologne's ever produced IMO and it drives me absolutely nuts!!!

martind18
martind18

I could give the same review to this as I would CK Eternity. To me they are very similar, and there is something in that combination of jasmine, sage and geranium that smells terrible on my skin. Apparently, to many this is a great scent, but my skin chemistry does not agree with this at all. Make sure you try before you buy

Veedabestchef
Veedabestchef

im really impressed on chanel fragrances...simply the best...ive own this bottle for 3 years now and im glad i got it in my collection...this is very powerful fragrance...very alluring, sensual, and sexy beautiful scent...all the notes blends in together which is wonderful.. i kinda get that citrusy feeling, i guess it came from top notes...the dry down is magical..it last on my skin 6 to 7 hours.. i havent smell it on anybody were i live here florida..i guess not many people dont know about this fragrance..thats good though...

women love this stuff..i wore this at work at a restaurant, i really got good compliments..chicks dig this to their nose like magic elixer..excellent fragrance from chanel

DriHonne
DriHonne

I gave Egoiste Platinum to my husband as a Christmas gift and everytime he wears it, OMG!!!! It drives me crazy. Sexy, manly and seductive!!!

Have to buy him another bottle...

;-)

AquaCitrus
AquaCitrus

This a beautiful fragrance. Definitely one of the best I've used. Smells clean,crisp and reminds of steel for some reason...

scentology
scentology

Whatever anyone says about this, no one - NO ONE - could ever be in LOVE with CEP like I am. This is HIGH CLASS!! Reveals Elegance, Maturity, and Respectfulness. This gem spells - and smells - S-U-C-C-E-S-S.

Petit grain, Neroli, and cedar are behind the scent's magic. I don't detect the ambery drydown, which is actually a good thing. One sniff and you're hooked. One sniff and she's hooked on you...

Sillage : splendid
Longevity : 6-7 hours
Feeling : outstanding and exceptional
Feedback : Even Mothers will be hooked on you

Tuvok

I got it today and what I can say now is that I totally adore this one. It's sharp, clean, energising and elegant at the same time. Some people say it's for mature men, but I'm 21 and it works for me. If you like floral perfumes you should try it. It smells on me very sweet, the sillage is good, it lasts for 7+ hours on me, good enough to call it a very well composed classy fragrance. Too bad the drydown smells like puma jamaica and if you meet someone shortly after you sprayed yourself this person could think that you're using pumas fragrance, but chanel is for egoists so you'd probably would not care what's "some jerk" thinking about your scent ha ha :)

andrevarx
andrevarx

very nice EDT, modern and sensual. It has fresh notes of wood young, in their middle notes may receive your notes of wood, but more faint and slightly floral scent that reminds me of the middle notes of Acqua di Gio, but with a touch more sharp and woody but elegant, with flowers noticeable than those of Armani. Its base notes are very similar to the middle notes.

In general, the EDT has an aura of cleanliness, elegance, sensuality and daring. A very elegant aroma, vibrant and visible, very nice. Your character can be almost any occasion, but would be wasted on non-critical events. Their range of edaes believe is universal.

It stays on my skin about 12 hours, even survives a shower. A modern and elegant fragrance with notes that allow more wear in hot climates. A fragrance that shows that quality comes from Chanel.

drummerboy1986

Smells just like Abercrombie fierce, sooooooo, I thought maybe I could get away with spraying my clothes, and throwing them in the dryer, letting the dryer heat the clothes up a bit to go deeper into the clothes, doesn't last very long on skin so it wouldn't hurt on clothes.....It works great, everybody has different tastes....but that worked fine for me....

Rouu
Rouu

Powerful,Bold,Strong,very vetiver and OLDI'S !! cant even imagine a young guy wearing Chanel Egoïste Platinum !!

its very sharp fragrance for mature strong man after 40th!
my 1st impression about Chanel Egoïste Platinum thats its really CHANEL fragrance !
um not a big Chanel fan, but really this fragrance is kind of fragrances u have to stop by and say something !
i bought a bottle for my father ( VERY VERY VERY EXPENSIVE IN MY COUNTRY) he liked it , but me personally i regret it ! i could buy something better,less sharper at less price than Chanel Egoïste Platinum :S

in short this fragrance been inflated with many reviews and high price more than it really deserve !

ScottyVizz

A very powerful and fresh masculine floral scent that demands attention and respect.
Perfect for any season. Just make sure to apply lightly.

Oh and yes...it does smell like Fierce with better ingredients just in case the other 30 people didn't convince you all ready. ;-)

mrdibiagio
mrdibiagio

I think this reensambles Calvin Klein's Eternity, with a prominent lavander, flowers, citrus and softs woods. It's a fragance nothing original, but good quality.

amwoir
amwoir

this is my absolute favourite fragrance on a man. its classy and sexy fresh and clean, making the wearer interesting and appealling.its delicous

tavinver
tavinver

Nobody can dislike to this fragance, when i had the after shave i promised myself that i will never use any another

drummerboy1986

For those who love Abercrombie and fitch's Fierce, this is fierce for Grown ups, Abercrombie took this idea , and instead of making fierce grown and sexy, they made fierce, young and sporty!!!!!

guest_alexey
guest_alexey

dear dear friends!!...never buy this fragrance anymore at all!!...because I want to be the only one who smells of him!!!....sounds egoistic???...just like REAL EGOIST would say??!!...just like PLATINUM EGOISTE!!!...just like ME!!!...

M.David
M.David

I have tested this fragrance on my skin and I've seen in other people and I feel very good, I think "distinguished" and with class.
Finally I conclude that Egoiste Platinum is a MASTERPIECE But I insist that we must avoid over-application! 9.5/10 for me

erjotka1
erjotka1

There are two kinds of reviews of this.Some of you say is's sexy, interesting, and some say- not chanel, it's not egoiste, smells like thousands of other scents. I believe it's something in the middle. Sexy?- yes!, interesting- of course!, not egoiste- yes, it is much lighter than e. but in some way similar; smells like other scents- I disagree- it has its own spirit, it might not be as deep as some 'sophisticated ones' but for me it's mysterious and reminds me sth. I don't know what.

da_markos
da_markos

i've just realised that this is younger brother of ck eternity. specially top notes are very simmilar (those "metalic flower" mix). which one is better?? hmm it's hard to say. i think that this one is stronger with better longevity and... hmm more showy. it's also chanel - so it has stronger brand power (sorry ck! ;) )

mado17
mado17

Platenium medal for this one, a real masterpiece, one of my top five.

dm8m
dm8m

"Smells like a hunky guy!"
"If a guy is wearing this on the street, it will make my head turn!"
Just a couple of comments I quoted from women just by giving them a sniff of Egoiste Platinum. One of the best scent made by Chanel. The scent speaks of a cool yet sophisticated scent.

I had my sister run the errand of buying me the Platinum in a recent trip. She loved it & so did the lady friend whom she was with, so much so that her lady friend also bought a bottle for her boyfriend.

I do not use it everyday. I only use it on occasion to avoid others & so as myself from getting too familiar with the scent. And so in keeping with its perceived sophistication.

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

I used to wear this as a counterpoint to the original Allure Homme. My only complaint is that it's a very, very cold fragrance. There is not the slightest hint of warmth whatsoever in the scent. I get a burst of aldehydes and then lots of sage, some lavender, oakmoss, vetiver here and there. All of it very expensive smelling and classy, but I don't think it has much sex appeal or the same magnetism of Allure.

vin570

Simple aquatic with woody base, mainstream eau de toilette. Metallic, nice, but, in my opinion, character is missing (where's the "egoism"?). With so many people saying it's sexy, I thought it would be unique, distinctive, but that's not my impression. To me, it lacks sophistication, which traditional Egoiste abounds. I bought it blindly, based only on the comments, but I'd rather have gotten tradtional Egoiste, a great eau de toilette I smelt beforehand (and when I did, I loved it). However, I can't deny it is a pure "masculine punch".

Mostly Leather, Lavender, Vetiver and Bergamot. Clean and masculine. A very nice, almost formal aquatic. It’s clearly a premium scent, and very very nice, but perhaps too many have come out like it as it seems a bit same-y to me and for all of that, expensive. It if smelled clearly of Chanel instead of being so close to blending in with other clean aquatics, I would think it well-priced. Still, a truly masculine scent and very attractive no matter what it's priced or named. Clean, sexy, male. Thumbs up.

Chris2448
Chris2448

VERY refreshing. Very long lasting clean scent. Classy and masculine as well. By far one of the best florals out there.

costaleo
costaleo

amazingly rich and at the same time simple. Does not evolve much, but stays on the skin and gives a very fresh feel the whole day.

scenturian

A masterpiece from Channel!
Daring, bold, seductive and masculine to the root.
Smells luxurious and quality.
Except the name and the square bottle nothing is similar with the original Egoiste. Original is woody, spicy, rosy, cinnamonny sweet oriental type, this is woody-floral, soapy, green, dry and smokey, no sweetness at all. Heavy on Geranium and woods.
Very potent and long lasting 10h+.
It perfectly fits also smokers, some scents dont go well with smoking.
For me it is quite versatile and worx 4 all occasions, office, suit, casual, evening out, summer and winter etc.
If u r not a kid and brave enough it is 4u.

Clear, clean and well cut. This is a very nicely dressed man. the scent is aquatic and not outside the usual realm of mens scents, but it is somehow a classy version of the average cologne. You can smell where the money went. Slightly soapy lavender, bright bergamot, bite-y vetiver to keep the edge wooded. Very masculine and very attractive without being ostentatious. This man doesn't have to scream his presence; he is simply noticed and eyes follow him.

zvoncica
zvoncica

This one is completely floral green to me.
Fresh and pure from the top notes till end.
Everything about him I consider perfect.
No objection. No omission. No fault.

Luxurious. Lascivious. Absolute.

bluecoast
bluecoast

An excellent cologne, the opposite of "cheap". A bit metallic, but not cold, classy, elegant. Many colognes come and go, this one is sure to stay. I hope not too many guys discover it.

ktv0926
ktv0926

The best! I'm afraid I could fall in love with any man who would wear this fragrance:) Extremely manly and sexy scent!

mybeautyblog
mybeautyblog

I love it on every men, it is "sex on wheels" *lol* I associate it to a dark, strong and masculine person, clad with understatement; no labels, just luxury materials.

Mariano
Mariano

This is a powerfull and long lasting scent, a very good one, but it has some kind of metallic component that gives me a terrible headache, very nice but unfortunately not for me.

SandraS
SandraS

The ultimate fragance for men. For me its associatiated with a self confident, charming, sexy and inteligent men (if a fragance can determine all that). it never fails to impress me. It one of those timeless scents.

Kiwichick_NZ
Kiwichick_NZ

All men should have a bottle of this! It's attractive, alluring and screams sophistication!!!

dandy721
dandy721

Once my friend told me : If you have to make a present for a guy ,buy him Egoiste platinum, and she had right, one of the best masculine fragrance that Chanel ever made

ticalau
ticalau

i like it... but i like more egoiste! this one on my skin smell to mutch like pickings metal! :D

Egoiste Platinum by Chanel 4.18 out of 5 based on 2150 ratings and 422 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Chanel Egoiste Platinum fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Chanel Egoiste Platinum, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Egoiste Platinum by Chanel. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Egoiste Platinum by Chanel represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.