Designers » C » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Les Exclusifs de Chanel 1932 Chanel for women

Les Exclusifs de Chanel 1932 Chanel for women
dislike

aldehydic
Les Exclusifs de Chanel 1932 Chanel for women Pictures Les Exclusifs de Chanel 1932 Chanel for women Pictures Les Exclusifs de Chanel 1932 Chanel for women Pictures

Chanel is launching yet another fragrance from the prestigious collection Les Exclusifs de Chanel. Chanel 1932 fragrance is accessible to wider public since early 2013. The inspiration for this creation lies in the first collection of fine jewelry of this house that was presented in 1932.

The composition is powdery – floral with a focus on jasmine. It opens with fresh citrusy flavors that include aldehydes, bergamot and neroli. The heart is a heady floral, composed of jasmine, rose, ylang-ylang, lilac and carnation. The base is sweet, woody and resinous with notes of vetiver, orris, sandalwood, opoponax, incense, vanilla, coumarin, ambrette, musk and iralia molecule which possesses the character of iris and violet.

Les Exclusifs de Chanel 1932 is available as 75 ml and 200 ml Eau de Toilette.

The nose behind this fragrance is Jacques Polge.

Aldehydes Neroli Bergamot

Jasmine Rose Ylang-Ylang Carnation Lilac

Vetiver Orris Root Opoponax Sandalwood Incense Musk Ambrette (Musk Mallow) Vanila Coumarin

Les Exclusifs de Chanel 1932 Parfum

Les Exclusifs de Chanel 1932 Fragrance Reviews

rossiniopera
rossiniopera

This would make a lovely spring perfume, but due to the poor longevity, it is way too costly.

christianne1
christianne1

When I first tried 1932, I didn't appreciate it very much. I felt like it was Rue Cambon light and wasn't really needed. I sort of didn't get the addition. But now I do! This is the perfect daily year round scent and it has grown on me so very much. Sometimes when I don't want my perfume to announce itself and I want something light and casual but still elegant, this is what I reach for. It has a casual yet refined vibe that I love. I love the musky woody base along with the combination of floral and citrus notes. The jasmine in this is beautiful. 1932 is something that always works no matter what kind of mood I am in. I love 31 Rue Cambon but sometimes it can feel a bit much or way too formal, especially the first hour or two. 1932 gives me a similar feeling of the Rue Cambon dry down only it is more casual and light. Sort of like an instant dry down. It is also a scent I kind of crave in the same way.

About longevity....I think there is a potent quality about Les Exclusifs that makes people go temporarily hyposmic. This happened to me in the beginning and I thought the fragrances were really light and disappeared. But it was just my nose. I have to avoid breathing in the opening for about 10 minutes and that seems to solve the problem. And never, ever spot sniff where you applied it. That will make your nose shut down. But now that I avoid immediately smelling the opening I have found this line to be very long lasting and pretty powerful.

If I had to live on a deserted island and could only bring one fragrance line with me I believe it would have to be Les Exclusifs. I never get tired of it and love everything in the whole line. Even the ones I was iffy about initially seem to turn into loves with time. A phenomenal fragrance line that has my heart. Even 1932.

rinz09
rinz09

Do you want to smell like headache inducing soap? No? Me either. I have never wanted to scrub off a perfume so bad until 1932. My head blasted with pain as soon as I put it on. It's not worthy of being in the exclusives range I can tell you that much. Boring. Moving on quickly from this.

artsymom
artsymom

At first, I get the aldehydes but then it eventually settles into a fruity floral that is fairly underwhelming. Nothing stands out. Not impressed with this one. I don't dislike it, but I don't feel the need to keep wearing it- although I paid for a sample, so I will. :)

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

I find 1932 rather inoffensive and, for my tastes, a little underwhelming. A little aldehyde, a little floral, a little sparkling bergamot, a little wood and not enough of anything outstanding.

Beautiful I suppose, but without much character compared to other Chanel fragrances. I hesitate to state that, as sometimes a versatile nondescript pretty floral is all a girl needs in certain situations. Although, you can probably find better for greater value.

Overall, a gently sparkling lilac-rose fruity floral without the earlier Chanel hallmarks.

nebbe
nebbe

Reading these reviews is making me wonder if I have scent-glue skin, because this has lasted 8 hours on me. True, I did give it 5 sprays this morning, at least 3 more than usual cause i thought it had faded fast. Nope - during on the bus 20 minutes later I began to smell a lovely vanilla something. Took me a few minutes before realizing it came from me!

Will have to keep wearing this sample, but initial wear was very nice and beyond my expectations.

Update 7.30.2014:
Tried 1932 again the other night and it is lovely.

sensuous@midnight
sensuous@midnight

soap, soap, soap, and then one hour later, gone. nope, nope, nope....

A lovley every-day-fragrance. Chanel is not my no 1 but this one is! Thanx Jannah for the sample =)

En underbar varje-dag-doft. Chanel är inte no 1 för mig men denna kan bli det! Tack Jannah för doftprovet =)

mylena
mylena

I tried this today, and at first I absolutely loved it!! Left the store, and within 30 min it was gone!!! Needless to say I will not be buying this.

Jomoves
Jomoves

Embarrassingly ordinary scent from Chanel with NO lasting power. Sure, it does smell nice but only in a Sarah Jessica Parker Twilight flanker sort of way.

Hilaire
Hilaire

I have both the EdT and the Parfum of this now and I have to say I think it's stunning. I agree it has many similarities with 31 Rue Cambon. However while I adore Rue Cambon, it isn't all that suitable for warmer weather. It's an excellent all purpose winter and autumn fragrance which is suffuse with elegance.

1932 on the other hand suits warm weather perfectly. Having removed the dense woody portion of Rue Cambon Jacque Polge filled the gaps with some of the most intense, lushous, fruity Jasmine there is. Genuine Egyptian Jasmine too. In the Parfum it's almost akin to some deliciously fruity dessert wine. Golden, mandarin or satsuma-like.

The interplay between the Iris, Bergamot, Jasmine and softer base make this fragrance akin, in my mind, to intense, golden sunlight. It's ineffably beautiful.

If you prefer heavier, more animalic, more woody, more ambery things and think that florals are trite or dull then this probably won't push your buttons. But if however, like me, you find infinite variety and amazement in the subtle beauty of floral scents then you will love this. A must for Jasmine lovers and probably a must for anyone who wears Rue Cambon as a winter signature but misses wearing it in the summer.

If you can you must smell the Parfum.

preskal
preskal

Very elegant aroma, easy to wear in all occasions. Unfortunately it lasts only two hours on me, which is a shame for such a costly perfume. If you have and like 31 Rue Cambon or even Chanel Chance Eau Premiere, don't bother to buy.

HazelMae
HazelMae

31 Rue Cambon minus patchouli.

lisa o
lisa o

I must say that I was a little disappointed with this one first. found it too fruity-floral-boring, even harsh and didn't even get curious enough to spray it on skin...
but last time visiting a chanel store I sprayed it on a card and put it into my pocket and- as often- forgot it for a day...and I must say...I am really smitten by this drydown which is really special and very pleasing...as soon as the iris sneaks around and a little wood shines through it gets so powdery and elegant.. the card still smells after many days and it still is quite interesting;-) I am really looking forward to testing 1932 on skin...

edit: have tested it on skin, but it fades quickly and the drydown on skin is not as obvious as on paper. meaning that the drydown I meant above is the very late drydown, shortly before it fades completely, the stages before that I don't like a lot...I'll pass...and I would recommend it for lovers of "allure" or "coco mademoiselle"..

Germany
Germany

1932 is one of the nicest chanel exclusifs in my opinion , yes it's not as long lasting as others and it's not as unique as some of the others but its sooo nice and sweet and pretty. Its a great every day scent , not as formal as some of the others and therefor much more wearable. I just love it. I do not get the aldehyde at all in this one. Just a sweet fruity woody vanilla , just beautiful. Casual elegance .
Quite orangey , love it !
Update. I love HILAIRE 's review.

DR521
DR521

I agree with Alfarom's description although I will say the opening is more unique to 1932 and bears an echo of 31 RC but it's not like No. 5, 19, 18, 22 Coco, Cuir de Russie, Bois des Iles, Coromandel or the other main Chanels I am familiar with. I will go out on a limb and say 1932 is underrated...by some.

This is a very pretty floral that harks back to another time, a rose-iris accord underscored with jasmine and violet to my nose, softened with sandalwood, sweetened with oppoponax and vanilla, dirtied a little with coumarin on a wood and vetiver base. This gives an effect that is reminiscent of the fruity patchouli-iris of 31 RC.

I think of it as a floral eau de cologne intense because of its composition and how it wears. I'm sure the creators would disagree because of the complexity and beauty of its heart notes. But...still. That's how I wear it.

This fragrance is light but tenacious--at least on my skin (slightly oily, olive complected). It is pretty and it is elegant yet casual at the same time. There is good sillage. The accord is neither overt nor bombastic.

I enjoy florals but find many of them too heady or too specific for my casual lifestyle. 24 Faubourg is gorgeous but difficult to put on at 9 AM when I'm usually getting ready for the day. 1932 is great in the morning. It's great in the afternoon. It works in the evening. It's very all-purpose.

I give it a 9.1/10 in the category of soft florals, because of how hard it is to find easy-to-wear florals, which this is, and how pretty it actually smells and wears.

The only caveat is that it feels overpriced for what it delivers at $260/ bottle. I think this is because it's so understated in its presence. It's like a perfect white shirt--always enhances, but never takes the stage. Maybe it is worth paying that price for something so understated and elegant, as long as it's a great fit.

alchimia72
alchimia72

per winx61: a Milano alla Rinascente c'è il corner con gli esclusivi Chanel. Credo valga la pena dare un occhio. Sono concessionari esclusivi. Se non ce l'hanno lì in italia non li trovi in altri negozi.

For winx61: At Rinascente Store there is the Chanel corner, with the Exclusives Chanel. If you have a chance to go I think it's the only place in italy where you can find out it.

Opens with the typical aldehydes / iris combo signature of many Chanels to then quickly evolve into a prettified green-jasmine soliflore built around a woody-vetiver base. Nice and overpriced. It could have been a winner if just released in their regular range instead of the Les Exclusifs.

Too little.

PenelopeLA
PenelopeLA

Beautiful, shimmery scent.

Iris and Jasmine float right up to you when you first apply. Lilac, incense and carnation become apparent about an hour later. The rose is very soft in this fragrance, but there. Bergamot keeps everything fresh and sparkly.

It is perfect for daytime or night, or anytime you want to smell pretty.

Hélio Sérgio Rocha
Hélio Sérgio Rocha

Les Exclusifs de Chanel - 1932

On the begining i can get a citrus green touch plus a fresh and warm orange feeling.

Once time goes, cremy floral accord appears, being smooth and mild, and the musc note is also very present during its evolution on skin among powdery touches of iris.

I think it is a simple scent and it did not make the difference on my skin, changing a little - above my expectations.

The notes i was waiting, they did not come to say hello - opoponax, sandalwood, rose, vetiver - they were hidden!

What a pity!

Edders
Edders

Very distinctly Chanel: reminds me too much of No 5 which I dislike. I also get a faint unpleasant marzipan whiff from this.

Soft Cells
Soft Cells

Obviously refined fragrance chilly, goodie, cute, but no soul.

Maybe I'm in a strange period, but the scents of the line "Les Exclusifs" (some of them) seem variations on the same theme. "Beige" which resembles "Sycomore" that looks like "Jersey" that looks like .. I'm lost.
Perhaps the nose Messieur Polge lately dares very little, a light blow would not hurt.

Nothing new under the sky.

Muzoona
Muzoona

I agree with sweetnspicey... this is a miserable addition. never last more than 30 minutes.

LANIER
LANIER

1932 by Chanel was released in the Exclusifs line as homage to the year that Coco Chanel debut her diamond jewelry collection. Not a zircon or rhinestone was to be seen in that magnificent presentation of stones which Mademoiselle gave to the world in the worst year of the Great Depression. But we are not so lucky with the premiere of this new perfume.

1932 is not a star shimmering in diamonds from the silver screen. This is only paste in a beautiful setting, faux beauty made of mirrored glass and presented as glamour only to be outshone by the real stars that have come before from this house. No.5, Cristalle, No.19, Sycomore, Coromandel, Cuir de Russie are but a few of the stars of Chanel. 1932 is something brought in from Central Casting, a day player, an extra that fades quickly into the scenery. At her very best she is a stand in for a star like No.19, a pale refection of the real thing.

This Floral Woody Musk has all the right notes that have created great stars before. Aldehydes, bergamot, and Neroli open fast and then are gone. The have cleared the sound stage for the arrival of Jasmine, rose, ylang-ylang, lilac and carnation. This mid note arrangement is really dominated by the Jasmine, the ever familiar studio style of Chanel. Somehow none of these notes have the ability to present themselves in a mature manner. Then in the base it goes all wrong and too sweet with the notes of sandalwood, orris root, opopanax, iris, violet, incense and a heavy vanilla. Too much is going on! It is slathered with a strong vanilla that buries the vetiver and musk that might have helped to keep this from going to the prom instead of the red carpet premiere. 1932 is immature, a teenaged powdery sweet fragrance that may find admirers in girls under the age of 21. At Les Exclusifs prices they are going to have to be teens with their own sit-coms filming on the Fox lot.

1932 is depressed and failing to deliver the dreams its publicity department promised. Not even a feature length presentation comes from this effort, like Shirley Temple’s early films, it is a short subject. In an hour it is gone and like so many never were stars 1932 ends up for me to be just another broken heart in the shadow of the great stars of Chanel.

TWO SWAROVSKI CRYSTAL STARS **

*************************************
(for the story that goes with this review check out my blog at Scents Memory where The Perfumed Dandy and I both did a double review on 1932)

Assiduosity
Assiduosity

For Chanel, 1932 is most remembered as the year in which the house unveiled its first mesmerizing collection of jewellery.

The scent that bears the same name is unlikely to do anything to change that fact.

This is a peerless example of a perfume with perfect poise and little or no apparent passion.

A practised opening of adroit aledhydes with sharp bergamot and neroli feels disconcertingly level headed, almost flat.

The transformation into powder and wax floral heart is as seamless as it is soulless.

Both the iris and a less latent than had been expected lilac are exemplary in their execution, but somehow fail to engender excitement.

The drydown is to a feint and faintly elegant smoke and sandalwood, with elements of the heart persisting.

With a wave of jasmine and an undercurrent of wild grass, there is more depth to the conclusion that some may have you believe. In fact the formal structure is more than adequate but it is also simply unmoving.

For all the evident quality of the ingredients and the considerable consideration that has clearly gone into its composition, this aroma never catches alight.

It might possibly have been a very slow burner, but to achieve this status the longevity must be massively improved.

It is like something really quite good by a so so scent maker.

It doesn’t feel like a Chanel. But it is.

Chanel 1932 is a beautifully made perfume, but it is not a beautiful perfume.

***********

The perfumes in the ironically named ‘Exclusifs’ range to which 1932 belongs are the least exclusively male or female of any of those made by Chanel.

Whilst this might not be the most obviously ready to wear for men, if the cut fits, why not?

There are better reasons than gender alone to give this fragrance a miss.

limony
limony

Very Chanel, as said above. Pleasant but not exciting and you don't need it if you already have No. 19.

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

I am so sad about 1932. I had great hopes for it because it opens with stunning topnotes of sparkling aldehydes, rose, jasmine and lilac with a lovely bit of spice. Then it all starts to fade and becomes almost bitter with a big slug of vetiver in the middle notes. It finally dries down to a warmer woody and slightly orris scent but it is so faint and so just blah that I was sorely disappointed. At first I thought I smelt a hint of 31 Rue Cambon but that lasted only a minute or two. Unfortunately it seems that Chanel has launched a fragrance that seeks only to be inoffensive. Quelle dommage! Such a shame. And the scent has no longevity or sillage at all. I constantly moisturize my skin so fragrances usually last well on me. Not this one and my review was written after giving it 3 tries on my skin, each time with more sprays. I am inexpressibly sad. My beautiful house of Chanel has let me and many other customers down, I fear. I will just appreciate my other Chanels more now, realizing the alternative!

Nosina
Nosina

It is a more floral version of 31, rue de Cambron. I get more iris than jasmin which is well hidden among a lot of other flowers floating like petals on water. It makes me think of an aquatic Exclusif with a distinct Chanel signature. A little shy, but very elegant, warmer than La Pausa and not earthy but definetely a spring scent.

MarkT
MarkT

Gorgeous got to sample courtesy of a friendly SA who had open an early arrived tester; to me it is no. 5 as I imagine it could be in the best of all worlds, will certainly get a FB at launch and provide a detailed review.

emily7
emily7

There's nothing new and exciting here, I'm afraid. On the contrary - this fragrance screams Chanel in such obvious way, with the same effect as big logos on clothes or fashion accessories have - boring and a little bit snobbish.
The fragrance itself isn't completely bad; top notes of suede and jasmine interwined at first smell really interesting, but soon the composition reveals its' main weakness - unoriginality. To me, it's a hybrid of 31 Rue Cambon/Allure Sensuelle, but I'm pretty sure it's possible to smell at least five other (commercial) Chanels in there, too. "Les Exclusifs"??
The only common point with Les Exclusifs is - poor sillage and solid logevity.
My biggest issue with 1932 is a matter of form and content; it's all about the form (Chanel, Les Exclusifs) and without any meaningful content (a new, worthy addition to some most legendary Chanel compositions).
1932 = 2013 A year of Flankerstein.

One more thing - my opinion about Jersey suddenly greatly improved.

Hummingbird5
Hummingbird5

I'm sorry to say I must agree with sweetnspicey's review. :-(

How is this pathetic creature part of the Les Exclusifs line??! Coco Mademoiselle EDT is more complex and lasts longer than this. This is just another Chance, Vanitas, or The One, but with the Chanel name on it, therefore a sense of entitlement as though it warrants the hefty price tag. It's like Madonna--the name no longer justifies selling garbage to the public. I would recommend those other perfumes over this one.

Fine, I will describe the scent, what little there is. It's a watery, bland, powdered lilac, orange flower, musk, and a hint of spice that lasts a max of 4 hours and has no projection. I'm not paying $160 for an "inoffensive office scent"! How they can charge $85 for liquid gold (No 5) and $160 for this is just the biggest absurdity.

Roshap
Roshap

"younger sister" to 31 rue cambon. slightly lighter, sweeter, greener, more feminine than 31. "vintage" opening. distinct iris lipstick note that remains almost throughout. not big sillage. incredible longevity that leaves you with a faint but lovely light floral aura after about 12 hours. this is my genre. i really enjoy 1932. also reminds me a bit of eau premiere.

melancholybaby
melancholybaby

A classic chanel opening, with a burst of aldehydes and a hint of cyprus tones. After a few minutes, the jasmine rolls out, and remains the highlight of the floral composition until further into the dry down, where I found a clear iris note combining with fruity undertones. When it reached this point, I was struck by the ressemblance to Eau Premiere. All in all, an elegant floral, timeless, lovely; will definitely use the decant I got, but will not go for a full bottle.

Chanel characterizes this as a "floral woody fruity". I don't see any fruit in the notes, nor does their website tell us, but I have heard it's pear.

girasolina
girasolina

Finchè tutti litigano per governare l'Italia, nessuno si preoccuperà, almeno per il momento, di farci annusare nuove delizie da Chanel....bisognerà fare un viaggetto a Parigi???????

winx61
winx61

In Italy nothing never arrives... Here only D&G fragrances bleah....

cherie97
cherie97

I'm recently in love with Chanel Cristalle Eau Verte, though it's too fresh & crispy for me, so I can't wait to smell 1932.I love the bottle, the color, and the notes!

malenapo
malenapo

It is a beautiful feminine elegant fragrance

Les Exclusifs de Chanel 1932 by Chanel 4.13 out of 5 based on 156 ratings and 39 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Chanel Les Exclusifs de Chanel 1932 fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Chanel Les Exclusifs de Chanel 1932, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Les Exclusifs de Chanel 1932 by Chanel. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Les Exclusifs de Chanel 1932 by Chanel represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.